Speaker 1: Man, it has been too long, Garry Jeff needs to get paid. But we're back on a Saturday night night cap here on seven other WLW and joining us. First off is my old friend, your old friend, Rick Robinson, author of nineteen sixty eight and many many more wonderful books. We'll be talking about books tonight. We'll be talking about somebody that you haven't seen or heard from in the National Spotlight in Washington, DC, and possibly a new investment opportunity for you in cryptocurrency. We'll see. Nothing's been officially rolled out yet. We're still working on it. We're still working on it. We're still working on the Ludlow Bromley cryptocurrency. Okay, okay, So he's wearing a T shirt that says straight out of Bromley again, Rick Robinson, how are you from? I am doing wonderful, my friend. I am I good summer. So I was just down at Cumberland River for about four or five days fishing and the trout were jumping into my into my creole.
Speaker 2: It was a wonderful time. Isn't it amazing?
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to get sidetracked with this too much, but I think it still deserves mentioning now a week out from the terrible tragedy in central Texas with the flash floods, where there was in a very short amount of time a river rose twenty six feet like within about I don't know, an hour, forty eight minutes something like that, and all of those poor kids and councilors along with the townsfolk of cities like Kerville, Texas wiped away. Basically horrible flash and whatever, you know, the usual source for relief and help. But I saw an interview earlier this week, and I guess now that a lot of the cleanup and the recovery has happened here a week Hence we can start talking about donations. And if you are one of those people who actively goes and does things on site, you know maybe now. But I saw an interview, just a heartbreaking interview with one of the survivors, and he said, you know, there's no real reason to come down here right now.
Speaker 2: We just need your prayers.
Speaker 1: And you know, Gary, Jeff, that's I think a great point, because what has disturbed me even more than the incident is both the left and the right politicizing horrible, horrible natural I've heard it on the left more than I've heard it on the right. And it's not because I haven't listened for it on the right. Mostly it's when Chuck Schumer came out earlier this week rick and started blaming Donald Trump for a flood, the blame, the blame on Biden's administration, when.
Speaker 2: The blame is on nobody's administrations.
Speaker 1: The blame. When Helene came to North Carolina and wiped out those communities in a similar fashion. It was about the response. It wasn't that it happened. I mean, this was Chuck Schumer doesn't deserve to be in office anywhere. He doesn't deserve to be in an office depot. That guy is a cretan of the highest or lowest form, in my opinion. And it's just amount of can't we all just hit the pause button?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Go and go, you know, say a prayer, talk to the Lord to give them guidance.
Speaker 2: Short and some semblance of peace.
Speaker 1: It isn't isn't this the time to not worry about one side or the other, not to worry about that. It's time to sit down and go. I can't well, well, there's still the emotion, while there's still recovering bodies is not the time to start pointing fingers politically. And that's exactly what Schumer and some others on the left were doing earlier in the week. Uh So, you're right, and and and it should be an all out pause button because politics aren't important. Politics aren't important most of the time. Forget a forget a natural disaster tragedy like the one that occurred in Texas or anywhere else. But it's certainly the last place you need to inject politics into anything. It doesn't matter if you're on the right or on the left. I agree with you and I you know, and in the middle. You know, hey, we all may all end up joining the libertarian gang whatever they end up calling it. You know, in the long time, I was kind of amused to see the libertarians raise their hand and go, you know, if you want to get behind somebody, we're over here, and we don't have any money, you know, right, Well, that's that's a good point. Money makes a big difference in politics, obviously, But it just it sounds a lot like the Tea Party, which wound up influencing the Republican Party more than it did anybody else. And they those people kind of assimilated into the Republican Party and changed it somewhat for the better. You know, back during that timeframe, I was writing for a left leaning magazine in the New England area, and I did any other kind of magazine in the newes No, they're not, but but I was. I was, as they said, I was their token conservative. And uh, that's when things were still funny. We don't have humor anymore. But I wrote a column. I can't even remember what the point of it being, but they it was the first gathering of the Tea Party. Oh that happened in that area. That actually did the whole thing. And you know, I did this column about how that's going to influence this and everything else that I remember everybody at the magazine going, oh, pshaw, you're just trying to get a laugh. Well that was true. I was trying to get a laugh. But that being said, I it. It did have an influence it and and later actually got involved with some people down in Florida who were Cubans who were involved in the Rubio campaign, and that was that was eye opening to me. I did a couple of columns about that at the time, and they were the folks that were really behind the Rubio campaign for Senate and just found the whole thing fascinating. I had I had a car ride one point from Tampa to a fundraiser down in somewhere outside Miami, and I remember everybody in the car arguing because you had one thing. And this is kind of what I remember from the timeframe of the Tea Party is you had one section of the movement that wanted to change the Republican Party. You had another segment of the of the Tea Party that wanted to blow up everything and start over, okay. And it's interesting on how that has played out over the last couple of years and what's going on. You know, I was thinking about that when we were getting ready to do this today, was that I didn't have time to go on and take a look at If you ever want to know what's going on in Cuba and Cuban American relations, go.
Speaker 2: To a blog called the bab Bahloo Blog Baba Loo Mamlou.
Speaker 1: A loan website on an island of revolt or something of that nature, but it's a brilliant site that tells you what's going on on a day to day Pasis from sources within within Cuba, and those are the guys that I was traveling around with, and it was just a fascinating idea. The Tea Party of Again, did they want to influence it from within or did they.
Speaker 2: Want to blow it up?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you can make the argument that President Trump kind of blew up the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: That's where I was going with them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And so since we went that way, you came in tonight telling me about the person in Washington, DC that we haven't heard about or heard from really or seen except in photo ops on camera in cabinet meetings. The one person that we haven't really seen or heard from in the Trumpet minute stration, Susie Wiles. When have we heard anything about Susie Wiles lately? Like I said, I saw her on camera earlier, the camera. She's always there in the background. She she showed up now her big thing. Let let's just let's just be You've known Susie for a long time. Susie came up through Jack Kemp worked in the Reagan administration. Uh you know, you know, so they worked in HW's administration.
Speaker 2: Father.
Speaker 1: For those of you paying attention to keep the score out there, Pat Summer all the NFL quarterback and broadcaster.
Speaker 2: That was her father. Wow.
Speaker 1: And so when she went to Kemp's office, I don't think she really was going as a because that was her political leaning.
Speaker 2: I think she went.
Speaker 1: Because dad got her the job, right, Okay, All and kept know each other. But as she goes along, she goes on more on the political side than she does on the policy side. But she has a couple of very important rules. One is set goals, Two is set deadlines. Three is do better on both. Oh good, I like that. Well, but think about this. You talk about the big you know, whether you want to call it the big beautiful bill or the big beautiful blunder.
Speaker 2: What happened, Well, depending on your point of view.
Speaker 1: Right, they set a deadline, Right, they set different different goals. They said various things in there. And it wasn't a matter of, oh, we can push this after the fourth No, it was I think that's Susie Wilde's influence in this. Now she does go down. The one thing I found in news searches over the last couple of weeks, the only time she's ever she's peered really since inaugural in anything substantive was she did sneak into a Republican conference in the Senate m hm and again saying what we have a deadline. It was amazing that they and I think that a while. And you think, Susie Wiles, this is her fingerprints all over. Oh yeah, she she is. She is uh lee atwater without the loud mouth and southern and southern accent. Okay, she's brilliant politically yeah uh you know, got to remember prior to Trump, she also got involved in the Scott campaign for governor. She literally, uh Ronda Santis. She saved that campaign for governor. She is a brilliant strategist and most importantly, she's very much the loyalist. You will never And I think that a lot of things are happening because we're not getting leaks, we're not getting anything else. I think the final, the final conversation that's being had in the White House, when all the all the chips are in the on a table, I think Trump is looking across the table and going Susie last word mm hmmm. And politically, I think that's why a lot of his measures are getting through and happening. And again, nobody knows you know the leaks aren't happening. Okay, we'll give I ran two weeks to get this taken care of. Two days later, boom, there's only one person in the White House saying. But he didn't say they have two weeks. He said, I'll decide within the next two weeks. And later was within the next two weeks, and because they'd already had sixty one days to comply. And who was the last person that you think whispered that in his air before he said it? Susie, I think so, I think that I think her fingerprints are all over what is happening right now. But he did not say they have two weeks. He said I'll decide within the next two weeks. Correct, very very important that way, very very very important. And again I think something that very wild, very in the in central case, you know, she's she is central casting of the of the of the mind, behind the strategy, the back room power broker. Yeah, she definitely is. Definitely. So I mean, since we uh, just for a couple of minutes in this segment, Rick Robinson is our guest here on the Nightcap on a Saturday night. Yeah, how come every time I come in for the nightcap. I have to bring my own drink. Well, I have some unsweetened iced tea. Well, I mean, I mean, you're you're you're coming over here from from Huddles and you think you would bring me a Manhattan or something for the evening man Hatton?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, howbout a Rob.
Speaker 1: Roy Oh so, the you mentioned the big beautiful bill, the big beautiful blunder, whatever way you want to characterize it, already is being talked about. James Carvell spoke to this earlier this week. It's going to be a boon for the Democrats in twenty six They're going to get forty seats in the House. They're going to take back over the Senate, all because of the bill that passed last Friday on the fourth of July. And I'm not so sure. I don't know if the Democrats are organized enough right now and have any kind of leadership right now to orchestrate that kind of a blue wave next year.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts.
Speaker 1: If James Carvill were whispering in the leadership ears like he did during the Clinton administration, they should be Republicans should be worried. But the fact of the matter is he's not he's again like while brilliant strategists, forget him on policy. He's a strategist, that's what he is, right, And I don't think anybody's thinking I don't think anybody's listening to the reptile any No, they don't.
Speaker 2: That's just it. Nobody.
Speaker 1: Look how many times have you and I talked about this. They have an opportunity to make an m road here, they really do. And so my response is it's way too early to tell, but they have the opportunity to make an inroad on all of this. And what are we hearing about? What do we still continue to hear about Leah Thompson swimming right didn't work for him last election? Well, and if they better be listening to to to either carvill or somebody, Thank god, it's for Linda McMahon and Donald Trump. Lea Thomas isn't thinking about Leah Thomas. I think Lea Thomas is thinking about growing a beard, cutting his hair and going back to the boys locker room, you know. But it's an issue that they tried. It didn't work, it's not going to work, and yet they go back to the same issue right now. He's talking about it in California. Yeah, they're refusing to comply with Title nine with the law in California because we have our own law and we just will not buckle down. And you know, Colin Linda McMahon all kinds of absurd names and saying that this isn't professional wrestling, and uh, you know, it's it's comical that they're doing this, and they're gonna threaten us in the wards of James Carvel that ain't going hunt, that dog ain't going hunt. No, no, pardon, pardon me. I don't have a very good Bayou accent. I didn't do my impersonation for our purposes tonight. It's just fun. I usually do better impersonations, you know that. I mean I used to. I used to play Reagan on Eddie Show and years ago. We all have our fortes as far as imitating people's voices. I used to do a killer Casey Kaseum, but seemingly since he died, it's not as in demand as it used to be.
Speaker 2: There's not a big call for.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe we'll do some long distance dedications.
Speaker 2: Next half written in this sentence is out to Dave Hatter in love Low Kentuck. All right, listen.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is for Terra in San Diego, who said, Casey, I wish there was a good feminine hygiene product that covered more than your armpits.
Speaker 2: Can you please play that Smell by Lynyrd SKINNERD. Listen.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break and come back more with the Rick Robinson on this Nightcap after a break in the and the news here on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 2: I hope you're having a good night.
Speaker 1: I'm having a lovely time in the first hour the special Saturday Night Cap talking to my old buddy Rick Robinson, author of nineteen sixty eight and many more wonderful books, rid Of, rid Of Mandamus, rid of Yeah, which is my favorite one that's actually worth the some of the other books that you well, So I have. I have basically two different genres that I write, and the nineteen sixty eight was kind of a one off for me of doing a non fiction historical book, but there I have quite a few in the political thriller genre. Yeah, and then I've also I also created my own genre. Really yeah, I am a creator. I did I did.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I have two books and I'm working on a third that I refer to as come in of age novels for old guys with gray hair that never came of age yet. Now it's hard to fit that, hard to fit that on the New York Times bestseller list. You know where you're going, right, But since I'm the only I've written the only two, I think you'll feel like I'm right up there.
Speaker 2: You got to be in. I'm right up there. Yeah, I'm right at the top of those things.
Speaker 1: So so, so what is that genre? Give me an example? The genre is so. What happened was when when I was true story. That's how I got into writing. When I was seventeen years old, an English teacher at Ludlow High School took me to meet Jesse Stewart, the Mountain Laureate of Kentucky pull a surprise nominee for The Thread That Runs So True, brilliant writer about growing up in the hills of eastern Kentucky from w Holla, Kentucky. And I was just fascinated by the man. I was his go to guy for the day. Basically, what I had to do is I had to run again a pack of cigarettes every time he smoked through a whole pack of them.
Speaker 2: But I got to.
Speaker 1: Annoy him gave me one of his books. It did everything, and I was convinced that what I needed to do was to write the great Coming of age novel. Now the problem was I was seventeen years old. That's one of the jokes my children liked to tell was that you know, Dad right was coming of age novel and couldn't do it until he was forty. But the idea, the concept is is that when you hit these different markers and this book that I had to have been going through my brain for a long time. I had this crazy uncle who everybody has that crazy uncle. I really had him. My great uncle, Chip Thompson loved to fish. Everything was about fishing. He comes home one day and his wife says, Chip, you got to make a bigger mind. It's near the fish. So he took all of his stuff through it in the back of his surplus army jeep, drove to the Everglades and never came back, no kidding. Came back on vacations and stuff, but lived down there for the rest of his life. And so I wanted to write this story about searching for the soul of Chip Thompson. Kept working on it, working on working on I don't think I really came up to a story. So I started hitting fifty, started peeking over the edge of fifty. And that's one of the you know, that's kind of the marker where you look at and go, am I successful? Did I do what I wanted to do in life? I really wanted to be Uncle Chip. I want to be spent my life, you know, guiding fish, guiding down and down in and everglades. And all I really picked up I'm from was you know, smoking and liking to bet on horses. You know, I didn't pick up. And so this story is about the coming of age at fifty, of going what is success? What is something that you know? What is it that I've done with my life? And is there some if I can wave the magic wand and start over?
Speaker 2: Would I? Well?
Speaker 1: You know the thing that that reminds me of Rick is it Alligator Alley available on ampum. I have Alligator Alley, which is short for Alcatraz. Anyway, what it kind of reminds me of is the fact that I've had about three or four different comings of age in my life, and I've had about three or four just in this business. Yeah, because I've had to reinvent myself so many times and had to look back and go, is this what I was supposed to be doing? And maybe not? Or is there something else there? And at every turn there has been something else there. But if, but if you could waive the magic wand and change your destiny, would you do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: See, that's what this guy is faced with. That's what the main character is faced with in this particular novel. Second novel in the Coming of Age series is called The Promise of cedar Key, and it's about turning sixty. I've told my kids that, you know, the next book is going to be about turning seventy, and it's going to be all blank pages. But that's not that's not hopeful. I'm working on I'm working on that one too. Actually, we're working on potentially a movie deal for Alligator Alley. So that's oh, that's a lot of fun, a lot of fun. Yeah, I'm finishing up the script right now, as we worked on it this morning on Saturday, since I got back from fishing, worked on that, came over here and joined the program.
Speaker 2: So all right, well it's great to have you. So my bitcoin you got to plug my bitcoin.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, I mean, I'm saving that for the last Okay, that's part of this, all right. Rick Robinson is our guest tonight. You went to the Library Association meeting. American Library Association, one of the great great meetings of everything that is literature in America. Oh, this is sinilating conversation for a Saturday night on talk radio. So tell me about the American Library Association meeting and why people should care. Why people should care is if I totally and completely agree with the librarians do not ban books. We have been banning books since the time of of of JD. Salinger and Catcher in the rye. Don't ban books? What's with your kids reading? The cultures banned papyrus. But more importantly, I wish the librarians would get out and ban bad writing. Oh my god, there were some books up there that and people that I were talking to, walking around the booths, talking to people, catching up with some peopeople that I knew, meeting other people, and I.
Speaker 2: Oh, tell me about your book.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's about the super charged alien lesbians that come down from them. They're trying to do this and they're and they're and I'm going that's scary as hell. If if it's good and I, oh, let me look at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know how to use the semi colon? You know?
Speaker 1: I mean that's the first question that you know, let's go back. They had to the basics. I actually had part of my semicolon removed. No, so you're just talking about syntax and grammar and just putting just together. You're right, flow of a story in the writing story. Some of it I looked at up there and it's like and people, you know, when you're when you've I've got thirteen books behind me, and so people will come up and go, hey and leice to meet, you know, when I'm signing and doing in my session in my booth with my publisher, you know, people come up, Oh, I'd like to give you a copy of my book and see what you think of Thank you very much. I'm people that write their books are very proud of what they write.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I and I know it can be a real time consumer. Oh yeah for me to write a book.
Speaker 1: But as we sit there and we're looking at they hand it to me and everything else. And so I'm coming home on the plane with like eight books.
Speaker 2: I'm going there was there was one.
Speaker 1: Book, yeah, and I won't It was about I won't tell you the name of the author because.
Speaker 2: I don't want to want to do.
Speaker 1: But but it was a It was a somewhat of an autobiography of being nearly famous coming out of the New Jersey music scene, hung out with Southside Johnny, hang out with Springsteen. You know, meat got stories about met Loaf, the Talking Heads, Blondie, everybody that comes out of that Brooklyn to New York Jersey scene. And the stories are phenomenal, you know, he tell tell the story about you know, and the band, the band that warmed us up that night was horrible because we never thought they weren't tight at all. The music wasn't great, and who's going to buy an album from a band called the Talking Heads and they you know, and you know that's all and that type of stuff, you know. Running into his friend Jimmy Steinman and going, hey, you got to see this guy that I'm writing music for.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Meatloaf comes on stage and I remember thinking, nobody's going to put a put an eight.
Speaker 2: Minute song on the radio.
Speaker 1: As he's listening to about As he's listening to Paradise by the dashboard life. So it's very funny and self deprecating, but it's like, you know, sometimes it would just wander on forever and there be a space in a period and another space and then start again. Well, there've been a couple of examples of those lengthy songs on the radio, you know. And the first one comes to mind is in your book nineteen sixty eight, Hey Jude, but hey jus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then of course there was American Pie America McLean, which was eight and change.
Speaker 2: Think as a brick? Are we going to go there?
Speaker 1: We'll think as the brick was about six fifty. No, the long version was a two sided album. Yeah, you're right, but the version that got played on the version got played, but the whole song is two sides of an old LP. Right, you're you're absolutely correct. I still got it at home. I'll bring it in the newspaper. I love it with that part of it. I love Don McLean's American Pie because when they first sold it as a forty five, side one of the forty five was half of the song and it would fade down and then it would you flip it over on side two of the forty five and it'd fade them hell to scaled as well, so you had to flip it over to hear the whole song. Thank god I had the album, kept it kept it away from being to be talking about you're talking about this book that this person is name dropping all these great musical acts, and it's a wonderful book. I actually read the whole thing on the flight home because it was a wonderful book. Hearing from somebody who grew up in that scene.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And anybody knows that, you know, I mean, anybody knows the background of the Stone Pony in in uh in Jersey. It's where again Southside Johnny Bruce, Little Steven and the Disciples, where all of them come from.
Speaker 2: Those their launching pads. So there.
Speaker 1: You love good books. I love good writing. You love good writing. Whether you think should bad bad writing, which I think they should ban bad writing. I mean I look at that at going look put whatever topic out there that you want to put out.
Speaker 2: If it's a good book, by God, put it out there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Tom Wolf will be proud.
Speaker 1: I have his friend named Yvonne, who he uh was always he'd come into the bar and he was the only person who came into the bar to sit and have a couple of cocktails and Stoley and soda please, And he'd have a book with him every time, and that was the entire time he was sitting at the bar. He would be reading a book and I'd say, how's the book? He gone, and he goes terrible. He said, why are you reading it? He said, I'm halfway through. I just want to see if it gets any worse. And then he then he'd read books. I'd have authors on the show, and would he would hear about it and ask me about the book and go buy the book. A couple of times I loaned him some books that I had had authors on the air, and he said, man, this is really good. This is a page turner, this is great. But he would be there and just because he was halfway invested into this really badly written book, he'd still sit there and read it.
Speaker 2: It didn't matter. I did. Let me put it this way. On the book. I did a lot of skipping.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I found names right, But it was it was a fun book to read it.
Speaker 2: And I just wish somebody would.
Speaker 1: Have grabbed me as an editor first and gone all right, all right, straight straight out of Bromley. I got my straight out of Bromley shirt on here tonight. Let me hear about you. Okay, we're going to start a book, We're going to get a bitcoin. We open with this, let's close with it. It's time to have the Love Low Bromley bitcoin. Okay. And so why why love Low Bromley. Well, because we're the twin cities. We're the crossroads of a continent. All life centers around Lovelow Bromley. I was from a mixed marriage. My dad was from Lovelow, my mom was from Bromley. So sorry, you have to have gray hair to laugh at that joke. If you're younger, if you're a gin, if you're a gin whatever it is now, you don't get that joke. Ask your mom and dad what it means. But I think if we come up with a bitcoin, you know, and the problem is going to be coming up with all of the people we want to put on the bitcoins, you know, I mean all of them have pictures on them, right, so you know I'm thinking, is there.
Speaker 2: Really a coin? Yeah, well there's really pictures of the coin.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you know, I mean, first off, Dave Hatter has to write you know, rank up hatter.
Speaker 2: Because he's you know, he's the top denomination.
Speaker 1: Well he's the only guy who makes it onto your show more than me. So yeah, two reasons for that. Number one, he's got great information, he's very good. And number two, he's from Ludlow. Okay, no, number two, he's easy. Uh so we have we have him for one of them, you know. Okay, Now, we couldn't do one without having a Bob Brown on it. Oh okay, kind of a memorial. Yeah, yeah, And so I think we could also do one with uh, you know, the gaither of brothers, you know, Billy on one side, Tommy on the other, you know. So, I mean there's a lot of a lot of things we can work into. Cowboy Dan Johnson, who was famous because of his friendships with the likes of Robbie Robertson and Martin Scorsese. When when he passed away, they they graced Ludlow with their presence of coming to a cowboy Dan Johnson's uh, you know.
Speaker 2: Ater in Blue.
Speaker 1: We could put Adrian Bloo on one of them show on Kenner Street in Ludlow. So you know, I'm just kind of working this around right now. But I figured you could use it, you know, since they don't only take cash down at the Ludlow we're on the yacht club, and now that it's back open again, maybe we could you know, work it into there. You could buy bitcoin to go down a page Naylor Light. My neighbors went to steak Night this past Tuesday at the yacht club, and I was so jealous, just because that was my only time I'd ever been to the Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club years ago, years before they closed on steak night where you buy the steak, they hand you the steak, and you go out and grill it yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just such a great atmosphere and environment there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We always like together around and sing to the tune of freak Out. We always you know, sit around and come steak out a steak out. So the Ludlow Bromley Bitcoin, Yeah, the Lovelober this is going to be ready for a launch. I don't know, we're we're you know, we're still kind of working on this. Is this is still just you know, a formula. I mean, we got to come up with a you know, with the right investors and the you know, the people who are who aren't quite smart enough to really manage their own money, that want to put money into something like this. So if you're one of those people, just just you know, Rick Robinson, don't get me in trouble people sending me like pennies because they want to invest in the Ludlow Bromley. Well, there you have a Gary Jeff Walker is going to be the finance director for I will not can't be responsible for my own finances, not everybody else's. Uh, but it sounds fun and you believe that even though Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club does not accept anything but cash, they will accept the Ludlow Bromley Bitcoin.
Speaker 2: We haven't gotten there yet. We're not negotiat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still we're still in intense Negotia's the art of the deal, Yeah yeah, they the the the art of the.
Speaker 2: Art of the steel. Maybe in this.
Speaker 1: Well could be more apt. Man, it's so great to talk to you. I enjoy my times when I'm here. It's not me that is, well, my goodness, you're going off. I forgot that. I had a I had to watch that. That see, that's.
Speaker 2: Somebody calling right now wanting to invest.
Speaker 1: That was that was investors calling that right, Well, that wasn't that wasn't a that wasn't a mistake. I'm gonna lay there. That was in fact, investors rushing to my to my to my watch. I'm gonna let you get to that because we're out of time for this segment. Uh, my friend Matt Mauning is coming up next. Matt is a former Cincinnati undercover cop gosh thirty years ago, and uh, the discussion tonight is centered around the Oklahoma City bombing thirty years after and and what he knows or thinks he knows about what really happened, who was behind it, and how things led up to the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building April nineteenth, nineteen ninety five. It's all ahead on this special Saturday Night cap as we continue on the Home of the d seven hundred WLW. By luck of the draw, you got me gry J. F. Walker on seven hundred WLW. It's another special Saturday Night nightcap and our first guest this evening is a guy that I've had on the air before. He's a collector here in town. He's a former Cincinnati undercover police officer and tonight the focus is something that thirty years on, people just don't want to talk about anymore. It's the chapter's been written. Everything that we could possibly know about the bombing of the Muraw Federal Building in Oklahoma City in nineteen ninety five has already been researched. It's been combed over, and maybe combed over is a pretty good word, if not completely covered up, about the true reason behind it and what was going on leading up to it, involving the FBI, the CIA, other clandestine intelligence agencies in this country, something called Operation pat Con. To get in the middle of this, we have Matt Manning, who, as I mentioned, he's a local collector, former undercover Cincinnati copp and he's been really really involved in this story, in the backstory behind it ever since nineteen ninety three, believe him or not. And if you're a member of the FBI, just realize that you have to have security clearance to get in our building.
Speaker 2: Well, this is going on tonight.
Speaker 1: But he makes several allegations that aren't really conspiratorial in nature. When you look at the evidence that's been presented in federal courts, especially by a man named Jesse Trinidou, there is a book coming out on the twenty second, which let me do the math in about a week and a half, called Blowback, that details a lot of what we're going to be talking about tonight. So that any further ado, Matt Monning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you pretty good? Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Well, you told me you felt like it had been hit by a baseball bet but stay yeah, but it's good to see you man, good to see up and around and upright. So you've been talking to me about this for a while, and there are some Cincinnati roots to what happened in Oklahoma City. So let's start there. You found out about this or kind of well, at the at the beginning of this story, let's go back to nineteen ninety three, right, Is that that what year you started following this?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I became a policeman in ninety two and kind of fell into this in November, and ninety two is when it all started.
Speaker 1: All right, if anybody remembers, we're going back thirty three years here. There were the Midwest City bank Robbers, which was a group of guys here locally that you say were FBI informants or snitches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they were actually paid informants for the FBI, to CIA and a secret service.
Speaker 2: All right, what were their names.
Speaker 4: Sean Kenny, Pete Langen, and Richard Lee Guthrie.
Speaker 1: All right, and so they're paid FBI or CIA informants. And what were these guys doing.
Speaker 4: I said, they were allowed to rob banks. Basically, we were allowed to rob banks. Yeah. I mean, if you're being paid by the government, and I said, as an informant supposedly, and you're out robbing banks and you're not being locked up for robbing these banks, and they have a way to get hold of you, I mean, it's pretty pretty plain and simple what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, was what was the purpose behind robbing these banks and the FBI allowing them to do it?
Speaker 4: The way it is explained to me was these guys were robbing these banks and the FBI was following the money. And if you go back in time, go back anywhere from eighty five to ninety five, look at any newsweek, magazine, Time magazine, any of the weekly things that came out. Every one of them, either on the cover or inside of it, had an article on these these state militias, you know, and they were just the bane that they were just the bane at the federal government. I said, they couldn't figure out a way to shut these militias down.
Speaker 2: A threat to America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so, you know, so these things, these militias and everything were out there and they were trying to figure out a way to shut them down. Apparently the way, is explained to me, was they were allowing the FBI was allowing these banks to be robbed, and they were following the money, and apparently they were going to follow the money and then shut do search warrants all across the nation and shut these things down. But before they did it, all this money and that that they were you know, collected, got funneled into Oklahoma City, and Oklahoma City got blown up, you know, you know, right in ninety five before they could even do the search warrts are doing anything supposedly.
Speaker 2: All right, So Timothy McVeigh was working for the FBI.
Speaker 4: That's that's a big bone of contention there. There's there's rumors that McVeigh was in town, was responsible for a couple of the robberies that he worked with Kenny Langing and Guthrie on a couple of robberies. But there's no way to prove it, you know, because you know, there's no fingerprints, there's no eyewitness testimony anything like that to say it.
Speaker 2: And of course Timothy McVeigh is not around anymore too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I mean McVeigh killed himself basically. I mean, I mean, you get a guy that that it does this and then you know, doesn't want to save himself. He wants to be executed as soon as possible. I said, that was that was a gift wrap for the FBI. Yeah, you know they couldn't do it soon enough.
Speaker 1: Well, the other person arrested in connection with the Oklahoma City bombing, who is serving a life sentence in supermacs tucked away from the rest of society is a man named Terry Nichols.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Why is Terry Nichols still alive and Timothy McVeigh is dead.
Speaker 4: Well, Nichols doesn't want to die, for one, I said. And the other thing, as I said, he's in supermax, I said, I mean, the guy can't do anything. It's twenty three hours a day and lock up. They control everything about this guy, you know, most reports and everything. Weren't allowed to talk to him or anything. Over the years. I believe that the last reporter was able to ever talk to him was the lady that wrote this new book that's coming out, Blowback, Margaret. I can't remember her last name right the top of my head.
Speaker 1: But Blowback is the title of the book that's coming out on the twenty second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I believe she's the last reporter it was actually able to talk to him, But when the conversation went where Nicol said that the whole operation was due to a rogue FBI agent, they shut everything down. She wasn't allowed to talk to him, no more letters, nothing, you know. So he's basically been under lockdown probably for over the last year, you know, where no one's allowed to.
Speaker 1: Talk to him, Matt I recall vividly, and it was on all of the newscast in the in the immediate aftermath of the bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City in nineteen ninety five that people on the scene and even some at the time law enforcement were saying that there was another man with Timothy mcveig, a John Doe number two that we all heard about. And you know, again, my memory is still pretty clear after thirty years on John Doe. I always heard they could never find John Doe number two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, anybody, anybody knows anything about it. Oklahoma City knows that there was a John Doe number two. I mean, there's over twenty eye witnesses that came forward and gave sworn statements, you know, stating about it. There's videotape of the second guy getting out the passenger side of the truck and some miraculously disappeared, which is the main part of lawsuits here lately, within the last two years, you know of Jesse trying to do trying to get this videotape a copy of it, and the FBI just keeps stonewalling. I'm saying it never happened. In fact, the FBI has gone as far as to say there never was a John Doe number two. So you know, which is it? I said, you know, you want to lie about it now, you want to lie about it later. I mean, it's just they just can't keep their life straight. And I said, the thing about Jesse trying to do is his when when Oklahoma City happened and John Doe number two was first put out there, they locked up Jesse try to do his brother Kenny trying to do is John Doe number two. They spent over a week interrogating. They finally put zip ties around his neck, strung him up, beat the hell out of him, yeah, and killed him, and then said that he hung himself in his jail cell. The FBI's version is he tied a bed sheet around his neck, tried to climb up to hang himself on the sink, slipped and fell, bumped his head, then climbed up again and and and fell and hung himself. And I said, but when you look at you look at the pictures inside the jail cell, there's puddles of blood all over the place, blood on the walls, there's blood everywhere. I said, this doesn't happen when you hang yourself, you know. So they end up killing Jesse trying to do His brother is John Delle number two, and he's been suing them for over thirty years over this. And I said, he's gotten judgment after judgment against the FBI. So anybody that wants to say this is a conspiracy theory, this is just people, you know, you know, constantly coming up with stuff, making things up. All you have to do is look at Jesse trying to do his website, and I said, he recently put all thirty years of everything he's done suing the government, radio shows, talk shows, TV shows. Everything is online. It would take you two weeks to go through it. And all you have to do is just google dress Jesse trying to do t R E N T A due And he's got his own website, you know, Kenny Trynado dot com. And it just follow the different sites that are you know, bold and blue, and you'll get to the website that shows all thirty years of what he's done, you know, proving this stuff. And I said, they end up killing him as John Dene number two, and that was the biggest mistake they ever did, was because the guy they killed as John Doe number two, his brother is an attorney. And I said, he's basically devoted last thirty years his life. Jesse's eighty years old, and all the FBI is going now is just waiting for him to die. They just want him to die and go away. But it doesn't matter, it's never going to go away. I said, he put all the stuff on the website, and you can look at this stuff to see what actually happened in the judgment that he's actually gotten against the government.
Speaker 2: And definitely want to check that out. You know.
Speaker 1: Strangely enough, today's FBI and Department of Justice just this past week came out once again and reiterated that Jeffrey Epstein did in fact kill himself, and they showed evidence that they could show because of course there were problems with the video surveillance system at the precise moment when this is supposedly you have to occurred. And they're also saying that there's no Epstein files. And of course Jeffrey Epstein, the whole reason that he kept track of who was on the Lolita Express on Epstein Island was as leveraged and possible blackmail material or who knows what money, who knows what his motivations were. But in my opinion, because Donald Trump won the election last November and a new administration was coming in vowing to get to the bottom of all these things, if there was any evidence left, I believe the FBI, CIA, whomever scrubbed and got rid of all this evidence so it was nowhere to be founded. As we all heard, there were thousands of pages of documents held in New York City that were part of the Epstein files supposedly and apparently nothing was there.
Speaker 4: Miraculously, miraculously, I said, guys like Epstein. I said, that's that that is their mainmo is that is to hold evidence like this. I said, video evidence, written evidence, everything exactly. And that's all they've talked about for years, is this black book that they has. I said. Even even Julane Maxwell, you know, talked about it. It's well known, and now all of a sudden, when it's time for it to come out, supposedly and now all of a sudden, it disappeared and it never existed. I mean, it's just it's a classic thing right out of the out of the FBI's playbook. I said, I've told people for years. I said. Epstein wasn't the first guy that supposedly hung himself in his jail cell I said, in this case with the Midwest Bank Band, it's it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 4: Once once Richard Lee Guthrie got locked up and he was over in Covington. He just said they came to him and said because Pete Langen rated him out and said told him that he was involved in in these the Oklahoma City bombing, the FBI went to him and told Guthrie, you're going to get the needle, you know, for this, So we don't care what kind of deals made with you. You're going to get the needle for what happened in Oklahoma City. All of a sudden, he says, okay, we'll screw you. He contacted a reporter in LA and started talking to him, telling him everything that he's done for the FBI, the Secret Service, and the CIO over the last ten fifteen years. All of a sudden, the next day, he ends up hanging himself in his jail cell, supposedly. So, like I said, this isn't something new. I said, this is something the FBI has done for years. I said, when they want somebody gone, they miraculously hang themselves in their jail cell. When they did this to Trina Do there were four or five other people that witnessed what happened, said that these FBI agents came in and did it. All those people of miraculously disappeared either either you know, written off and put into a dungeon someplace, either up in supermacs, or they're dead. Yeah, So this isn't anything new. I mean, it's something the FEDS do all the time.
Speaker 1: How long was it before Lee Harvey Oswald was dead? Oh, the assassination of President Kennedy exactly for example, you know, and many people will still believe that that was the hand of either the FBI, the CIA, or any number of organizations that operate in the shadows with the with the FBI or CIA's tacit approval, if not participation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it goes to everything.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 4: You can even take it to you know, to both, not not even just Oswald. I said, go to his brother, you know, Bobby, I said, in sixty eight, sixty nine, when Sirhan Surrean supposedly killed him, I said, you can call conspiracy theory, call it whatever you want. I said, the simple thing is it comes down the plane facts. The simple fact of the matter is there were more gun shots fired from two different directions, front and back. I said that Sirhan, Sirhan could have only fired from one direction from the front. What about the shots that came from the back and that were behind his ear and he only had an eight eight shot gun and there was over ten or twelve shots that were fired.
Speaker 2: I said, it's simple a magic bullet or a magic gun exactly.
Speaker 4: So you know, you call conspiracy theory. I just call it simple fact. I said. The facts don't meet anything. I said, if you're a cop, any kind of investigator, that's what you go by. You know, you can listen to people, I said, yeah, what comes out of people's mouths, everything's different. You can have two eyewitnesses watch the exact same thing and they'll see two different things. I mean, that's a known fact. You can't go by eyewitness testimony or anything. But you can't dispute the facts. The numbers are there. More bullets were fired. It's on tape, and it's also in the holes in the wall and the holes in the head. I said, you can't fire from two different directions. It's that simple.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get back to Oklahoma City and Jesse Trenidou's fight to find the truth. Yeah, about what happened to his brother. And you say the lawsuits that he has already been victorious in against the government, right.
Speaker 4: Ye, several several more than several.
Speaker 1: So why isn't this known in the media. I mean, is there a gag order in those settlements or what?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I said, the DOJ comes in and intimidates them, and I said, the case in point is, I said, the last thing that you've seen on Oklahoma City was a special that's done on HBO last year, something about the road, the road to Oklahoma City and all that. I said that the people behind that was Bob Sands and Katie Curic. I said, they contacted me in twenty twenty two and Bob Sands wanted me to be interviewed for this thing, and he told me what they were doing. He said that they actually came to the conclusion that what I told trying to do back in ninety five, my version of the story about the Midwest Bank bandits and all these other people that were involved in Oklahoma City was true, and if they were going to do a special about it, to put it on HBO. And I told him, I said, you're spinning your wheels. It's never going to happen. I said, you're going to be able to film it, you'll be able to talk about it. I said, it's never going to air ever. And I said, if you don't believe me, just do it. So he did it, and sure enough when it showed when it aired in April of twenty four, I looked at it. Not one thing that I mentioned the one thing he promised me was going to be in this documentary was in there. There's only about seventeen seconds mentioned of the Midwest Bank bandits in that theory. And I said, and and it glossed over and went to something else. So I called Bob and I asked him about it, and he told me, he said, we did. We filmed it. He said, we had over four and a half hours worth of film.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 4: Then when HBO got hold of it, he said, every bit of it ended up on the cutting room floor.
Speaker 2: Wow. Now, I'll tell you what. It's a good place to stop.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with more of Matt Monning talking about Oklahoma City thirty years on and what we think we know and what we most people have no idea of on this special Saturday Night cap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The views expressed in the.
Speaker 1: Following interview are not necessarily those of this host, the staff, management of seven hundred WLW, or its parent company, Heart Media. We continue, we are back on this special Saturday night night cat Gary, Jeff Walker, and our guests again. In this half hour is Matt Mauning, a former undercover City Cincinnati police officer, he's a local collector, and he has had an acute interest in the Oklahoma City bombing and what led up to that in April.
Speaker 2: Of nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: And gosh, if you miss any of these, make sure you check the podcast unless the FBI scrubs it.
Speaker 2: After we're done. So, Matt, welcome back.
Speaker 1: This is not just an opinion, as you say, these are not just allegations. It's just not some crazy conspiracy theory, because you have had personal communication with people who are in the FBI, with people who are behind the scenes about this operation pat Con the Midwest City Bandits back in the early nineties, and it was, as you say, an FBI operation to let these informants rob banks and then followed the money that they absconded with as they were trying to shut down militias around the country, and they're funneling this cash and tracking it, so to speak, and it all led to the Murror Building, the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that April nineteenth of nineteen ninety five, when Timothy McVeigh and others unknown were to blow up that federal building, kill all those people and create a national panic. Really that we were on the verge of widespread domestic terrorism in this kind of tree, and that the militias had to be shut down to stop that. So the local connection is a man named Ed Woods.
Speaker 2: You said.
Speaker 4: He was the FBI agent that I dealt with at the time. All right, So me being a rookie cop, you know, only being on for a year and a half, two years, you know, I wasn't supposed to run into something like this. So the problem that I had was I was going I didn't know any of this stuff at the time, but I said I was going after Langing and Guthrie. And the reason was because we had locked Langing up in November of ninety two. This is a summer of ninety three, and I got a girl over on Montana Avenue, Sean Kenny's you know girlfriend, and her wife that he keeps beating up, telling me that her husband, Sean is hanging out with these two guys, Langing and Guthrie. And so I went and did what they call a six pack and had you know, two different id things done, and I had her pick him out of a lineup, and she both I mean it took her two second and to point them both out. So these are the two guys that are training my husband on how to rob banks and fake id's and do all this other stuff. And I said it's impossible, because I said, we locked Langan up, you know, back in ninety two. I said, you know, he's he's done. I mean, he isn't getting back out. Well I find out I've go to find out here that Langan was let out of prison. You know, all this stuff just disappeared, and he was let out. Apparently the FBI took him out of out of prison so that he could help them get this Richard Lee Guthrie. Apparently threats were made against President Bush and they were trying to get these two guys to lock them up. Well, as soon as it's George H. W. Bush, Yeah, George h. W. Bush, you know, so they were trying to get him to do this. So when they got him out, he just said the hell with you, and he went on the run again and started robbing, you know, banks and pizza huts and everything down and down in Georgia. So I had a flyer from that summer in ninety three saying that Langan's wanted for this robbery of a pizza place down in Georgia, and the FBI is telling me I'm crazy, you know, I said, well, where is he? I said, he's not in prison anymore, so obviously somebody let him out. I said, he didn't crawl out the window. And I didn't see anything on the news, you know, saying the guy escaped. You know, So this is the way they do business. They just lie to you. And I said, you know, I was a rookie cop at that time, you know, twenty something years old, you know, so of course, you know you're trying to you're trying to do your job, and you know you're just when you're twenty this is different. You got a different kind of energy. Oh yeah, you know. I didn't like being lied to, especially when the FEDS, and especially from someone you know, you're supposed to be on the same team. So that's what kept me going on it. That's what became a thorn in their side. And that's why me and Edi Woods just didn't get along because he's lying to him me and I'm proving him wrong at every lie. So you know, finally my captain and everybody were able to you know, confirm, Yeah, this is what happened. They got him out blah blah blah for this reason, you know. Okay, so I was ordered to let it go, you know, Well I didn't let it go, I said, you know, I still kept putting evidence together on what these guys were doing. Now, the money on these bank robberies, you know, started showing up down in Miami Town, you know, where Sean Kenny live. So all the red stained bills that he was supposed to get rid of off some of these robberies he was using for gas to buy pizza, you know, and everything else down in Miami Town.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So I went down and got a whole bunch of those you know, gave him my twenty bucks for their twenty bucks, you know, you know, put it in evidence, you know, and just and tried to do it that way. But like I said, the whole time, you know, I was called over to the FBI officers to talk to Eddie Woods at least three or four different times. Apparently that never happened because when the reporters and that looked into it and went and got the FBI logs and everything, the signing sheets and everything else, all of a sudden, now I'm nowhere to be found in these signing sheets, you know.
Speaker 2: So well, did you hallucinate this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, apparently I dreamt it up. Yeah, apparently I dreamt it so oh okay, Yeah, you met with him personally, Yes, I met with him personally. In fact, I met with him. I met with a whole bunch of them. I met Larry Haas, I met a whole bunch of the guys, CIA Secret Service, everybody. And in fact, what caused a big rockets was when I took my files over there and I had it laying on the table, when I had an address in Covington, you know, and Mainstraws you know, listed on the file. And one of the agents saw that that file and all of a sudden, you know, Eddie Woods grabs a file and all of them goes storming out of the office and everything. Well it turns out that address was a CIA safehouse over in Covington.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And they were furious, and I had this address, you know, and they wanted to know why, you know, and like I said, sort of cooperation, I mean just kind of quit after that, you know, I mean, they're contacting my captain and blah blah blah. And that's what my captain told me under no circumstances, said you need to leave this alone and just let it go, you know, So I kind of just put it in the back burner then. So what I found out was after that they had hidden Sean Kenny in the US military. So they had to find a way to pay Sean Kenny. You know, this, this nutbag that they have is a is a conformant, and the way for them to pay him and take care of him because he had a disabled kid, was to put him into the military. Now, this is a guy that has Nazi tattoos up and down, all his arms, on his back everywhere. They put him into a predominantly black unit down in South Carolina or North Carolina, And I said, and they pay to have all these tattoos removed. You know, during the course of this, right he's in the military, he rises to the ranks of you know, like E seven, e eight within a matter of a couple of years, which is it's it's it's that that doesn't happen exactly, it doesn't happen unless you have someone pushing this and doing it, you know. So he's rising up the ranks. And not only that, during the time he's in I said, he gets accused of molesting his niece. And I said, so, when you're in a military and you get accused of molessed than a twelve year old or eleven year old, however old she was, I said, said, it doesn't end up well for you. You know, it's it's usually called dishonorable when you know you're you're showing the door. Well, no, this guy just keeps moving up the ranks and everything and then ends up retiring. But the reason they do it is because they have to pay him somehow. And the easiest way to pay him is put him into the military. Now, only now he's got insurance for him and his family and everything else, and then they can pay whatever they need to pay Hi while he's in the military. And then you know, you know, there's like this is one of the Midwest city bandits. Yeah, this is one of the Midwest bank bandits. Well, and and when all this went down, I said, you know, finally, after three or four years, you know, city beat Leslie Blade was a reporter. She was able to dig into all this and she wrote some articles back then about it. And she's the one that wrote the article about you know, Kenny and his rise through the through the ranks and the military, and you know, the charges against his niece and everything else that went on, and how this was all just covered up. And when you go out to the unit out here in Roseln that he was out of the reserve unit and everything, and you went out and talked to them and tried to find anything about they just totally shut the mouth about it. They won't even talk about Sean Kenny or you know, how he rose up through the ranks, and you know, and all this I mean, and and and it's it's just and like I said, it goes back to what I told you. I said, numbers don't lie the way he moved up to the rank that he's at. No, numerically doesn't work in between ranks. You have two year weights, three year weights, four year weights.
Speaker 1: Anybody, anybody in the military listening, you will probably attend.
Speaker 4: It just isn't possible, you know. So and then after the military and at well, then all of a sudden, you know, Eddie Woods, I guess helped Sean Kenny get into like all these units like Blackwater, these contracting units all through the two thousands and the teens, you know where you know, you're going overseas and you're and you're working for different things. Well, he worked in like Afghanistan and a few places like that, and apparently, you know it was involved in some stuff, you know, where the hotels got you know, bombed and blown up and attacked. And now basically, you know, he's here back here in the Tri State, you know, sue and sueing everybody, trying to get disability pay and everything else, you know, for what happened to him while he was you know, in these contracting units.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a remarkable story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he hasn't gone away. In fact, he still lives in my backyard.
Speaker 1: And again, the reason that you say this is important, Matt Monting, is because he was part of that that team of FBI, CIA, whatever informants, paid informants who were paid to rob banks. They got away with it, and then the FBI or whichever agency followed the money and hoping to shut down these militias.
Speaker 2: That led up to Timothy McVay. Who was Timothy mcveiy. Who was he?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, if you believe what they what they wrote, I mean, he was just your average you know, American citizen. I mean he was. Basically, his life is almost like mine. I said. You know, back at that time in ninety two, the economy was terrible, you know, and you couldn't find a job doing anything. He didn't want to follow what his parents did working in the car industries and everything and doing what he was doing, and he decided to join the military, you know, same as I did. I said. You know, my parents weren't rich. We didn't have a ton of money. I said, you know, I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, I said. So finally, after a year and a half at UC you know, taking all the basic courts you need to take, I just decided to join the military to pay for everything, you know. And at that time, they had a good program called a CEE college program where you only had to go in for two years active duty and then four years in the reserves.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: So I did my two years active duty in the Persian golf, you know, came home and everything was paid for, you know. So that's basically what McVeigh did. You know. He wasn't to see college program, but he went in the military as as a way to try to find himself. And you know, in the process ended up losing himself, you know, and came out and got discaruntled and then started running around with all these militias, right you know. And he was actually he was actually at Waco. You know, he was at Waco, you know, when that siege was going on, you know, passing out bumper stickers and everything else, you know. I mean it's a well known fact. I mean, he looked like it ain't documentary on mcday, you know, and it delves into what happened, you know. So then he got involved in all these militias and everything, and the next thing, you know, you know, he's the prime guy for you know, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: They you know, they because he asked for a speedy execution when he was convicted, they did take care of him. Terry Nichols, as you mentioned earlier in last half hour, is in supermacs and is not allowed to talk to anybody. And the FBI now says at some points there's no John Doe number two in the Oklahoma City No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they insist that there's there was never a John Doe number two.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So it's like, you know, how do you go from there is a John Doe number two, and you kill somebody over it. I said too, there never was a John Doe number two.
Speaker 2: Jesse Trindo's brother. Yeah, it was John Donuts.
Speaker 4: He was John Doe number two, and that caused a thirty year chaos. He's been a thorn in the FBI side for thirty years, seeing them every year over different things. And the problem is is I told Jesse, I said, you in, Jesse, and you get a judgment. Okay, he's been fighting these Foyer requests. You know, we're requesting different things that he knows is there. You know, the government comes down, they side with Jesse and they say you're right, and they order the government to produce you know, five or ten thousand dollars five or ten thousand pages a month, you know, whatever it is, or it might have been a week. They said, you have to produce five thousand pages a week because there's like well over two or three hundred thousand pages that he's supposed to get. So they said, you produce five thousand pages a week. How many pages a week do you think the guy gets two?
Speaker 2: That's not five thousand, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So you know, you waste five you waste five years of your time trying to get this done on a foyer request. You get a judgment against them, and they're supposed to do something, and then the FBI just flaunched the judgment as usual. You know, they don't care. And I said, and they're doing it because the guys eight. Now the guy's eighty years old. They've been stringing him along for thirty years. Now, the guy's eighty something years old, and they're just hoping and praying that he dies on his own.
Speaker 2: He just wants the truth to come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just wants the truth to come out. As far as what they did to his brother, you know, yeah, I mean it's it's a shame. And if you actually look up at his websites and you see it he produced, he put all the pictures online. You look for yourself and look at the condition of his body and the condition of this jail cell, and then look at what happened. I said, you know, it's it's just insane.
Speaker 2: Can you, once again, just for people's edification who are interested in want to go there, give me the website again the best of your memory. Believe it's w w W.
Speaker 4: And there there's a couple of Jesse trying to do dot com. It's j E S s E t r E n t A d u E dot com or Kenny trying to do dot com. That's the big one I think is is w W W Kenny trying to do t r E n t A d u E dot com. If you go to that one, I believe that's the website where he has all thirty years of what he's done, you know, listed where you can, you know, just click on it. You know, you want the interview he did in nineteen ninety seven with somebody. He's got it on there. All this stuff is on there. You can go through it. But I said, the big thing is just go to the website and look at the pictures first, you know, scroll through that. You find the pictures, look at the pictures of his body, and look at what the government says happened versus the pictures that you're looking at.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you. The first time you kind of brought this to me, that's been several years ago. You came to visit me and you were telling me about what was done to you and how it all related to Oklahoma City. I was just kind of eyeing it with skepticism because.
Speaker 2: I didn't know all of this. Yeah, and I'm a.
Speaker 1: Lot more convinced now that there is so much truth out there that most people do not know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't just I mean, it wasn't just the Oklahoma City thing I said. I mean, they came after for a million different reasons. I was going after dirty cops. You know, when you're an undercover cop, you're not supposed to be investigating other cops. You ain't supposed to be going after other cops and dealing dope and you know, running girls and everything else.
Speaker 2: Well, unless you're in an internal affairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, well exactly, I said. You know, I mean, the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom.
Speaker 2: Well, made a compelling case for me tonight.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody who is listening if it worked for them, But check out the websites that Matt talked about. And thanks for coming in man, no problem, very very interesting stuff. And if all of it is true, then we really don't know who's running this country. And you know, and can we really have faith in law enforcement, especially federal law enforcement at that level of what happened back in the nineties and the two thousands. Matt Mauning is our guest tonight, and I appreciate you checking it out and tuneing in. There's more Nightcap ahead on seven hundred WLW. Hang on, Welcome back to the Nightcap, a special Saturday night nightcap at seven hundred WLW. And in this segment, we're talking to Shaz Khan, who is overseas. He's hanging out in Switzerland these days, London born, and she has spent a whole lot of time researching the timeline of vaccines. Thus the book The Ultimate Vaccine Timeline of fact packed history of vaccines and their makers. And so we're gonna we're gonna talk shots here for a and you know what, a lot of people talk shots on Saturday night, they're usually not vaccines, but we're talking shots tonight.
Speaker 2: Shaws, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bet.
Speaker 1: This is a book that offers what's called a fresh perspective on the history of vaccines, uncovering surprising facts, untold stories. And if you're well versed, like our guest shows, or just mildly interested, I hope you will find this highly entertaining and edifying all at the same time. Now you have number one shows, When did you become just fascinated with learning all about vaccines?
Speaker 5: So it started for me in twenty fifteen, so ten years ago, after my father passed away two months after his flu vaccines. And I'm not a parent, I'm not a scientist, I'm not a medical professional, to make that clear.
Speaker 6: So vaccines weren't on my radar whatsoever.
Speaker 5: But after that incident and how I observed him basically degrade in the hospital, which is he was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer, but he was in hospital with neurological symptoms, and I just found out a bit confusing and didn't quite understand why. And when I found out he'd received the food vaccine because obviously wasn't living within the times I found out after he died, it just like a light bulb went over my head and I said, oh, in a minute, if he was that close to death with a stage four cancer, why was he getting the flu vaccine anyway? Because I understood that you never give a vaccine if someone has an infection or if they're sick or compromise, especially not a foo vaccine. And the first thing I did was look at the package insert and was quite horrified to find out neurological symptoms are actually quite acknowledged. And I found out later the flu vaccine is probably the most compensated vaccine injury in the US under the vaccine Injury Compensation program.
Speaker 6: I can give you a figure here.
Speaker 5: I believe that there have been ten thousand filed injuries with six thousand compensated six thousand, five hundred compensated since the nineteen eighty eight, which is when the program actually begun. So and that's just the lucky people who actually make it that for that just started me asking questions and then I dug deeper, and the more I dug, the more I fell into information. And I went to the library, to National Archives to get information because that's what I wanted to find out was what government authorities in classified documents might have written and what the actual research was showing on a historical levels.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have we do have laws in this country which protect vaccine makers from legal liability, and so I mean, maybe there's a good reason for that other than big pharma paying lawmakers off to pass laws to protect their vaccine making. Now you've gone back through I mean hundreds of years of the development of vaccines and the like. In the book you cover the history of vaccine development, so kind of explain if you would, and kind of a thumbnail that.
Speaker 6: So I go back as early as I could find, like the first.
Speaker 5: Definition of bario, which is the word we use for small punks, which actually was assessed by a Swiss guy, a Swiss bishop in five seventy eighty. But basically the first types of vaccination as we understand that today were actually variolation, so that was specifically with small polks, and it was believed to be origin in China, and it was where they would take dried scabs.
Speaker 6: From small pocks pistols.
Speaker 5: And they would scrape that into a powder and either blow it up the nose or scrape it into the skin on like an artificial open wound. And that was quite dangerous that it had risks in itself because it could transmit infections and the obviousine never knew. There was no purification back in those days. But that was a tradition that was spread from China to Asia and that eventually arrived in the UK and in the US, and it was soon replaced by Jenner so Edward Jenner, who was the person the doctor who is credited with small box vaccination when in seventeen ninety eight he vaccinated his neighbor's son exposed into small pox. He didn't get smallpox, but he used cowpox. Didn't use small box, he used cowpoxcuse at the time there was a folk tale that people who milkmates didn't get small box right.
Speaker 6: And that was the first.
Speaker 5: And then obviously we had Pastor, so that we Pastor the French chemist who then developed rabies in color vaccine. There was a bit of a more development obviously in bacteriology those days they were using microscopes, they had a bit more of an idea of what they were doing, but still they couldn't see viruses. They still had no way of purifying. And then we had toxoid vaccines that came quite rapidly the US in yellow fever. Sorry, so live vaccines and live viral vaccines. Toxoid came, so those inactivated toxins the bacteria, first ones being dicteria and tetanus. Then at developed we had influenza vaccines that were developed. They weren't given to civilians, but mainly for army troops. It was also tetanus. Sorry, I said tetanus, and then we had the first triple vaccine, so difterior tetanus protussis hooping cuff were put together in one vaccine in the late nineteen forties.
Speaker 6: Protessis did already exist.
Speaker 5: Alone in the nineteen fourteen. We'd like to believe that it actually came later, but it didn't. It was actually quite early, and it was quite neurologically, had neurological complications, so they quickly combined it with the dt shot so you could only get it with DTP, all right, And we had measles.
Speaker 1: Sir, no, no, it's so yeah, you're on a roll. Don't let me stop you. So measles is where we're at.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I should have said polio first, because polio was before.
Speaker 6: Measles in the mid nineteen fifties.
Speaker 5: The nineteen fifty four was the SULK Polio trials, an inactivated viral vaccine that was one of the first massive clinical trials, well clinical field trials, so it was tested on a thousand kids and pregnant.
Speaker 6: Women some of them.
Speaker 5: And then in nineteen fifty five, the vaccine, the soul in estimatey polyo vaccine was administered two millions of people worldwide.
Speaker 6: That was in nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 5: So at that time cell culture methods were making it easier to make vaccines and now having to use all with live animals because in new work with a virus and the living cells. Then we had measles in nineteen sixty three. That came quickly followed by rubella mumps. Then the next big thing was the triple live viral vaccine.
Speaker 6: Which is MMR souss wan Trabella.
Speaker 5: And then when about the time that this National Vaccine sorry, National Childhoo Vaccine Injury Act came about in nineteen eighty six, those were the main vaccines on the schedule, so there's only about seven vaccines given before the age of six.
Speaker 6: At that time.
Speaker 5: And then very quickly after the pharmacolical industry were given full liability for their products, there was a lot of development in combining vaccines.
Speaker 6: We had nineteen eighty one with the first.
Speaker 5: Hepatitis B vaccine, so the first cancer vaccine, if you will, which was followed in nineteen eighty six by the first recombinant.
Speaker 6: Genetically modified vaccine which was titis.
Speaker 5: BE as well that replaced the previous version which was based off plasma. There was a lot of concern that the plasma could contaminate with HIV or with other infections, so they avoided using blood and so that would open the field for genetically a lot of white vaccines. So the first one of the said society is being nineteen eighty six, so in the same year as the Child's Vaccine Injury Compensation Act, and from there basically the number of vaccines tripled on the mandates in the US, also in the world.
Speaker 6: In Switzerland we don't.
Speaker 5: Have mandates, but we still have a lot of pressure from the government to get them.
Speaker 6: There's also some subsidies to.
Speaker 5: Certain companies sorry certain crushed schools to get them. And from there, basically genetic engineering took over and the biotech industry, I would say, took over the kind of development of vaccines, and pretty much all of them since then have some form of genetically engineered patentable aspect. So the HIP vaccine which came into that pneumococcle first version came out in seventies, but the version these currently came out in the eighties nineties. Even meningitis vaccines HBB that came out in two thousand and six, which was completely was a virus like particle, so it wasn't even the wild virus used in the vaccine. It was completely genetically modified using yeast, which was a very good way for them to get.
Speaker 6: A genetic component into the vaccine.
Speaker 5: And fast forward to today where we have mRNA technology presented as vaccines when it was more understood as a kind of genetic therapy, and pretty much the vaccine makers are focusing and putting all their energy today in the mRNA and genetic vaccines because that's where the most profit is. I would say it's the cheapest production for them, and it's very easy for them to update a code. For instance, roustine with COVID vaccines a new variant, they could just update the type of proteins, but they wanted your cell to produce, and they would just change the code using a computer. I want to make this very clear. It is not using any live cells or you know, the actual virus itself. It's it's using a computer bioinformatics to generate a code which they can put into the mRNA vaccines. And that's where we're at today. Right kind of technology is inside of the future.
Speaker 1: So well, again, I'm not one of those people who are sold on mRNA vaccines. I don't think that there's been enough, nearly enough testing. I remember you talked about looking at the insert for your father's flu vaccine. Shocked to find out that they would have even given him that, considering his advanced cancer situation and him dying shortly after getting that injection.
Speaker 2: Shows.
Speaker 1: But a medical professional told me when the first COVID vaccines rolled out, the mRNAs he was speaking of, you looked on the insert and there was nothing on the insert.
Speaker 2: They were giving people.
Speaker 1: These vaccines at the rollout and there's nothing on the insert, no indications, No, you know, contradictory kind of things were listed. I mean, how can these people in good conscience be giving patients a vaccine without full consent and without anything on the inside the insert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was quite interesting when you see people actually take out the insert because they bothered actually to put a fat piece of white paper that just says that this is intentionally left blank.
Speaker 6: I mean, why bother putting a piece of paper in the first place, Ship to ask yourself.
Speaker 5: But it was the emergency authorization that allowed them to roll out this vaccine without what they would usually do with testing, which is at least two years of studies. It was only released after two months of safety studies. It was again, I would say, the reason why they could do that because of the emergency use authorization, because we were in an active pandemic.
Speaker 6: For them, it was the only tool they had in the toolbox.
Speaker 5: They were saying, obviously there were no treatments available, so vaccines were the only thing that would allow us to get back to normal. And this they told us since twenty twenties and early on, before they'd even really started the clinical trials and humans right.
Speaker 2: That was the other thing is that.
Speaker 1: I smelled a rat early on, and I just I essued taking any of the mRNA vaccines. To this day, I still have not, and my wife followed suit. I guess we were among the thirty percent of Americans who did not get vaccinated for protection against COVID nineteen. And you know, there were so many things about the epidemic and the rollout of the vaccines afterwards that just were red flags to me. So I was skeptical, and I wish more Americans had been skeptical because of the injuries we have seen that have ensued in the last three to four years after taking the mRNA shots. What do you know about injury reports and adverse e VECs reports from your research.
Speaker 6: In general or specifically COVID vaccine.
Speaker 1: Well, we can start with in general, but with COVID more specifically two parter I.
Speaker 5: Guess okay, I'll start with COVID first because it's the most recent, right. What is interesting with COVID is is, as you said, we've born customers or clients, whatever you want to call us. We're not informed of potential side effects before we took the vaccine. We're told you inflammation of the injection side, a little bit of fever.
Speaker 6: This is all normal.
Speaker 5: It's a sign that your body is mounting immune response, vaccine is working. That was the narrative that everybody had, I think worldwide.
Speaker 6: Switzerland included.
Speaker 5: Now when you look into the FDA and the CDC documentation, we CONCI already in October twenty twenty that THO was a preliminary sorry list of bears SO Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System Adverse Events a special interest, which included COVID disease death, Gillian Bari Gilain Barre syndrome, which is neurological uh, very much like polio actually about very similar and all kinds of other neurological problems including acute disseminating sepalma, myelitis and birth myelitis, optic neurritis, mylitis and cephalopathy and enjoyed as seizeus convulsions, stroke and arcolepsy, ultoimmune disease, anaphylaxis, acute myocardial infraction, myocarditis, perry cardism from both sideopenia. The list goes on, and this.
Speaker 1: Shows could you imagine if they'd had to include that in all of the COVID vaccine commercials that we were exposed to constantly. Oh yeah, by the way, you're you could be dead and your head will fall off.
Speaker 2: But no, they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: They do that with all these other pharmaceutical because half the AD is the adverse effects that could possibly befall you in case you take this medication.
Speaker 2: But anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 5: But it's different because that the Farmers Supercompany was paying for that AD. Well's what we saw for COVID was like a public service announcement, announcement paid by the government, so they weren't obliged to do the same kind of listing of side effects at the end of the ad where they speak really fast and with them they didn't have to the public service announcement, So we can see that there were already this prilminary list of vaccine adverse events a special interests that weren't communicated.
Speaker 3: To the public.
Speaker 5: They were supposed to be monitoring them from the get go, but they weren't. And does anybody who knows vaccines in general knows this vaccine adverse reporting system. It doesn't capture by all means, like the majority of the cases that actually occur.
Speaker 6: There was actually a study that was done by the name Escapes Me, but the.
Speaker 5: Pilgrim study from Harvard wasn't Harvard University but an institution associated with Harvard, who said that vaccine adverse events they're lucky one.
Speaker 6: Percent that are reported.
Speaker 5: So we know that there's an underreporting factor that is massive, because which doctor is going to want to spend thirty minutes to fill out a form, which is what it takes. And most people don't even know about this reporting system, so they won't go and do it themselves. What I could say the authority did correctly at least here in switzlundas trying to sensitize people to this vaccine adverse reporting system that they know was underpowered in general, and make it easier. But the easy form only came out three months into the vaccine campaign, so any injuries in the first three months weren't captured. And we know now from documents that have been released under the Freedom of Information Act that they already knew in February of twenty twenty one. And then I'm saying Pfizer here specifically knew of the severe adverse events that were touching all ages that were getting vaccinated. It wasn't just the elderly people, who they could then say, well, they were sick anyway, or they had mobidities. It's kind of like a double standard because when it was COVID, everyone was like, you know, we had to lock down to protect our elderly population, But when they're dying after.
Speaker 6: The vaccine, it's okay because I would have died anyway. That was kind of the speech that we had here in Switzerland.
Speaker 5: But already in February, Piser in there anybody could get this report online.
Speaker 6: Relative Analysis of post Authorization at versus rent supports.
Speaker 5: There was already one thy two hundred and twenty three fatalities that we reported. So this is very concerning, and the fact that they didn't communicate this to the public is also very concerning. But again, they would have killed the whole vaccination program if they had told.
Speaker 6: People about these risks, because most people at this.
Speaker 5: Point knew that COVID wasn't you know, a bad, bad flu and obviously for some people to be very dangerous, but no one's going to want to risk a death. No vaccine that might protect against severe disease but doesn't protect against transmission.
Speaker 6: Because I saw's the other thing.
Speaker 5: We were told that we have to take this vaccine to protect other people. Yes, but it came out this was never actually studied in the clinical trials.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Listen, I am sorry to cut you short. I know you're you're taking time, you're you're in Switzerland, but it's great to have you. I want to remind people of the book The Ultimate Vaccine Timeline if you want to really find out just facts, not theories, just the wraw data in the facts.
Speaker 2: She has taken the time.
Speaker 1: To do the research and to put them in this book, The Ultimate Vaccine Timeline of fact packed history of vaccines in their makers.
Speaker 2: Look for it.
Speaker 1: Shas Khan, thank you so much for your time and thank you for your research. I tell you what almost every day and it doesn't make me feel any better, but every day I feel more and more vindicated that I decided to opt out.
Speaker 6: Now I'm very glad that you and your wife did so. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 2: Having me Gary, you bet, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Shas Khan with us on the Nightcap Brian Reisinger coming up next on Family Farms in America in twenty twenty five special Saturday Nightcap here on seven hundred WLW. Having a good time so far, I hope you are too, And up next we're going to talk about life on the farm twenty twenty five and beyond a little bit with our guest Brian Reisinger, who we've had on the show before in the night Caps before. He grew up in a family farm in Sauk County, Wisconsin, telling the stories of rural America in his book Land Rich, Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer.
Speaker 2: He splits his.
Speaker 1: Time between California and the family farm in southern Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: He lives with his wife and daughter.
Speaker 1: Serves as president and chief content officer of Midwest based Platform Communications, and tonight he's communicating with us about, well, what's going on in the life of the average American farmer today as it specifically regards having help on the farm, and what the immigration crackdown has done or maybe has not done two farmers in this country, and why President Trump has recently echoed the fact that he wants the farmers to have the help they need and so there may be exceptions made for people who are undocumented or illegal in this country and what that means for the American farmer.
Speaker 2: Brian, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: How are you hey, it's going to be with you. I'm doing great. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Had great fourth last week?
Speaker 3: I hope, Oh I did. We were with the family in Wisconsin, which is all I ever want. So I'm a simple man, simple needs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you adjust to California after being from Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you it's not a place in Wisconsin Farmbow I ever expected to set foot. But it's the things we do for love with my wife, to be near her family, and I'll tell you it is incredibly beautiful farm country out here that we live among, and I love driving to the farm country and talking with people about solutions not only in Wisconsin, but California and neverwhere in between. So a little bit of an unexpected blessing that way.
Speaker 1: Just this past week, Brian More detailed about the crackdown on foreign owned entities, especially countries that are not friendly to United States, like communists China for example, about buying farmland. There is a renewed call and effort to keep those people from owning the great treasure that is America's farm lands.
Speaker 2: An he takes on that, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you that is one of the most crucial issues that we could be zeroing in out in terms of an issue where there is a policy fix and I don't know of a more serious apartment in terms of the amount of things that it affects. It affects our national security on top of our basic food security. If foreign adversaries can get their hands on our farmland, they're getting their hands on our food supply, and they're destabilizing as that would be. And they're also buying this land close to military installations, and you know, there's really the solution is to make sure that there's not only a prohibition against foreign adversaries buying American farmland, but also that there's transparency because it can be hard to figure out that this company or that company. You've got shell companies here and there, you know, all chased back to the Chinese Communist Party. But if we can do that and have that transparency, then individual landowners can make good decisions. And the other big thing is if we can save more of our family farms. It's a guard against that as well, because a whole bunch of small individual landowners like my dad, you know, it's a hell of a lot harder to get up on their porch and try to buy land from them than it is for a big corporation.
Speaker 1: What about the effort that is underway to kind of dismantle the Green New Deal and put all this emphasis on so called sustainable energy mandates, i e. Windmills, wind turbines, and solar panels. I know, you can drive through areas and what was once beautiful, lush farmland is filled with these ugly, shiny solar panels because it's the only way the people that own this land, the farmers, feel like they can make a profit turn a profit on their land. How how is the Trump administration and the reversal away from all of these alternate sources of energy, how is that going to affect the American farmer or landowner.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: Well, one of yeah, you know, one of the biggest problems that we have is that so often the interests of people who care about the environment are pitted against the American farmer.
Speaker 3: When nobody cares more about having you know, good healthy soil and abundance supplies of good clean water than the farmer. So I say, let's focus our environmental efforts on places where the family farmer can work together with people who care about our environment, rather than having these political debates that put us against one another. That that's kind of the big takeaway on the issue issue of what to do around any kind of renewable energy, et cetera. You know, it's one of those things where, in my view, the farmer has to have the freedom of choice to decide what they want to do. But the biggest thing that we need to do is make sure that we don't have taxes, regulations, and government policies that are you know, frankly just pitting farmers against environmentalists and vice versa. We've got to find ways to work on, you know, bipartisan conservation and other things that everybody can get behind well.
Speaker 1: And the other component of that too, which I'm sure you're well aware, keenly aware of, is you know, this crackdown on certain kinds of fertilizer, because fertilizer is a critical component of being successful and producing a good crop.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's absolutely right, that's absolutely right. You know, Look, here's what the farmers facing. You know, even before any of that was going on, the farmer is already facing rising costs and prices that aren't keeping pace for the goods that they can sell. So the margins are getting tighter and tighter. And when it comes to test sides of chemicals are other things. You know, there is rule for the American family farmer to help lead the way and move us toward more natural products, more natural crops without quite as much hard chemical There's a lot of farmers who want to do that. We just got to make sure that if we're going to do that, that we're not moving in the direction and doing it with major government mandates that suddenly make things more expensive. And lead farmers with no choice, nothing that they're able to use, you know, So we need to remember that there an industry needs time to shift and that especially our small family farmers, they need time as small businesses be able to transition into new models. There's a lot of farmers that are looking to do it.
Speaker 1: A lot of people for political reason saying the sky is falling because of the Trump tariffs, especially on commodities and the like, and the reactions by the other countries. There have been a lot of relaxations of some of the proposed tariffs on commodities like what American farmers grow?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 1: How has this affected the American farmer all of the is it the hysteria around it, the talk about it, and what's the reality when it comes to tariffs and how they affect the American farmers?
Speaker 3: Brian, Well, you're so right to ask it that way. Here's what's going on. Farmers have been getting hit by unfair trade practices for decades, and so farmers know that we've got to draw aline and get tough now. It is also true that if you have tariff and if you have trade negotiations spinning out of control, it's just tariff on tariff on tariff in every direction. It's true that other countries can retaliate with tariffs against America. That can make it harder for farmers and other goods abroad. That is a consequence that can occur. But what you find is a lot of farmers are saying, hey, if we can draw a hard line, maybe use a tariff now and then to make sure that there's a good, strong negotiation and we can emerge with a better market. That's what we need. And you're starting to see some of that. We need to see this opportunity to negotiate these trade deals and favorite family farmers the UK trade deal, there's a trade deal with Vietnam. We need to do this with more and more countries. If we can open up trade with more countries but make sure that it's fair, we can find a way to both get tough and keep markets open for our farmers.
Speaker 1: Tungue to Brian Reisinger, author of Land Rich, Cash Poor, part of a generational farm family in southern Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: You guys are into cheese, dairy.
Speaker 3: Right, That's right, it's up there. It's cheese and beer and packers is pretty well the trinity there.
Speaker 1: So that's great, and let's talk just for a minute or two, Brian, while we have the time about the immigration policies of the new administration and how they are affecting family farms and what do you think. Do you think that President Trump has been fair? He has insisted over and over again he doesn't want to hurt the farmer and he wants him to be able to have the labor that they need to grow our crops, which is extremely important.
Speaker 2: I mean, but just.
Speaker 1: Tell me your personal view and what has happened and what do you foresee happening in the near future.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, farmers are caught here between cross cutting political winds. On the one hand, many farmers and many folks in world community, they want to see a secure border and some of them support a President Trump for that reason. And at the same time they do see the way that a good part of our workforce is immigrant labor in American agriculture. And so the only reason that we can't have both, the only reason that we have to pick between feel like we have to pick between the secure border have the workforce, is because Washington hasn't rolled up the season fixed this issue. Now, I think what you see with the Trump administration is they're trying to find a way because they are hearing from farmers. They're trying to find a way to make sure that they can do what they feel they need to do to secure the border and also still allow our farmers to have the labor that they need. And I think you're seeing them work through the social I think they're probably going to find a way to make sure that no, you're not necessarily blessing people being here without the proper legal status. But what you're doing is you're securing the border, and you're finding a way for us to have a good, strong supply of legal agriculture workforce that you could increase, for example H two A visa, you know, different ways to make sure that there is a legal workforce here while at the same time you're securing the border. And so I think you're seeing administration working through how exactly to do that, and you know, I hope that family farms keep raising their voices and then I hope the policy makers are listening.
Speaker 1: So what is what is that visa in particular that you're talking about the workers use, Yeah, tell.
Speaker 3: Me it's an h H two A visa. And what it does is it allows those people who want to come here temporarily and work hard and find a way to better their family, and you know, along the way, help farms be able to harvest their crop and feed our country. Those people and come legally under that program. And there's ways to expand programs like that while at the same time securing our border and making sure that everything is done in a way that's in compliance with our laws. And so we can walk into gum in this country, and I think that's it's about time we start doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I don't chew gum, but I'm definitely working on the walking Brian Reisinger, It's a pleasure to talk to you again. It's been too long, probably, and that's probably my fault and maybe fault of the Reds since they take over a lot of my airtime during the summer month.
Speaker 2: But God bless them. We are the home of the Reds.
Speaker 1: Celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of the Big Red Machine this year.
Speaker 2: Whoa, yeah, right, give us some of.
Speaker 1: The cheer about while you're rooting for your packers, Speaking of which, are you still a Green Bay Packers fan?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't change. You bleed to green and gold for life.
Speaker 1: All right? So what do you see? And looking ahead off the subject of our conversation tonight, what are you seeing? What are you seeing for the Packers in the twenty twenty five season, big Packer fans, I'll tell.
Speaker 3: You one thing we've always seemed to get right as we know how to find a good quarterback and keep that bench. And my hope is that we can continue to have a good passing offense. And you know, we a lot of things you need to make a team work, but that's one thing that the Packers have tended to get right and I hope we continue to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what, how about your your thoughts on h on Aaron Rodgers last season well to be played in Pittsburgh, is there's Is there still a lot of love for Aaron in Packer country?
Speaker 8: You know, it's it's it's interesting I think that people people come around. I think that both with Brett Barran with Aaron Rodgers. It was a hard departure, you know, and it's it's you hate to see him go, and sometimes it's done in the circumstances you want, but people still appreciate the years of of good football, and my hope is that that can wind down and that people can turn around and say, man, you know, these people were part of some good years for the team, and so.
Speaker 3: I think I think that does come around after a while. But you know, I think for a couple of years, people are also pretty pumped up about making sure the new guy gets supporting needs and they're ready to move on for a little while as well, you know.
Speaker 1: All Right, good enough, Brian Reisinger, thank you so much for your time tonight, and we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Good to be with you.
Speaker 1: All right, man, it is the nightcap and we will put a rap on it in just a few here on seven hundred WLW. A big thank you to all of tonight's guest, including my friend Rick Robinson, Matt Mott. And you know, that interview is still just bouncing around in my brain. I don't think I'll be able to shake that one for a while. About the Midwest City bandits and the paid informants and pat Con and the Oklahoma City bombing and John Doe number two. Like I said it just Ratlin and if you didn't hear that, make sure you check out the podcast on the Gary Jeff Walker page at seven hundred WLW dot com. Thanks to Shaw's Khan and the great stuff regarding vaccines and her new book, The Ultimate Vaccine Timeline and Brian Reisinger, who you just heard of the land rich, cash poor farm fame and what farmers are looking at. As we get into Midsummer of twenty twenty five, we have more nightcaps coming up this coming week Monday and Tuesday night, both nights I'm scheduled to be on during the All Star break from nine to midnight, and we'll have a in studio live show on Monday night, a recreation or recreation rather of what we did early on in the Nightcap with panels of people in the studio at the same time, just basically chucking it up and having a good time. The mysterious Mister m returns and also Bait Shop. Paul Height from the Party Source, a longtime friend. Looking forward to that get together again this coming Monday from nine till twelve o'clock. And I have a really tough week losing people people that have passed. There was Charlie Kemplin and Fort Thomas and again his visitations and services are ahead tomorrow and then on Monday at noon the funeral and I talked about him last Sunday night. Also, a lady that I used to work with at the bar named Chrissy Carter succumbed to cancer within the last week. And I just found out yesterday that a longtime fan of my shows and sometime customer at the bar, Jim o'courra, had died. His wife Aileen sent me the obituary, and I had not heard from Jim o for a while, but I guess that's why. It's just a shame. The longer you live, the more loss you can have of those around you. Sad but true. But anyway, thanks for tuning in tonight. There is much more ahead here on the Big One as we get you over into a Sunday morning, and I will speak with you hopefully on Monday night at nine. I hope you're there for the next nightcap here on seven hundred WLW