Speaker 1: Uh uh uh, Hello everybody, and welcome to Rose Pricks. This episode is an emergency. M hm hi Cecily Hi.
Speaker 2: It is an emergency because our man, our man, Gary over at the Golden Snatch Batch is a nat. He's not behaving well okayere is he?
Speaker 1: Where is this? The world? The Bachelor universe, Golden Bachelor Universe has exploded with content all about and and this is something that I do when I when I talk, I have to preface. But it's all about the demise of Teresa and Gary's relationship. Now. One thing that really made me upset was let's go all the way back in the way back machine to a time when these two were just like, yeah, we're splitting up after three months. We're not going to mention why. You don't need to know that, don't worry about the details, but you know, I mean, things change and you know, and we were like, what excuse me, what do you mean that?
Speaker 2: Like immediately after we had to watch them on People magazine and like have a wedding. I mean, it was just insane much put into this, yes, and then there was oh so they put so much into it.
Speaker 1: And then remember there was a lot of back and forth where other people kind of wade in, and remember people were like, well, Gary was really disappointed because she didn't want to quit her job. But oh, first it was they can't figure out where to live, remember, because you know, her grandkids were somewhere and his grandkids were somewhere and their kids and oh my gosh, we can't figure out. We're just postponing picking a house. And so there was all of this back and forth of really not crazy reasons why they broke up. Nobody was bad mouthing anybody. And then remember there were a few hints and then this thing happened when Gary said that he had cancer. And then there was a thing that maybe Gary implied that Teresa wasn't going to be okay with him having cancer. Remember that, And then we had to do an emergency Patreon because Teresa was like, oh, hell no, I did not say that. That's crazy. Like what I said was, of course I'm here to support you, you know. And then Gary was like, yeah, but you didn't want me to be a burden and Teresa was like, that's in your head. All that's ridiculous. Okay. So all that is to say that Gary wrote a book which nobody asked you. Yes, he did that really fast.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how well. I guess it's not that fast. I guess it's been it's been a minute. But he got some help. There's no way he just wrote that.
Speaker 1: No, but I guess he was working on the book Early Days of Teresa. Okay, this is like a little little bitty little side note. Okay, you know we love a digression. I was listening to a podcast. Do you ever listen to But no, you don't. You're not really a podcast, really don't. No, I know you don't. But there's a podcast called Betrayal. Okay, then tells stories about people who were got betrayed. And there's this one that I just listened to the other day about this woman and her name is and now I got to remember her first name. I think it's Nobler. Hannah Guitar. There is a Hannah Nobler. Okay, P I T T A R D. Okay. So this woman, Hannah was with this man with this man's and she her she had like a best friend, a really intense best friend, and the best friend introduced her to this guy and they end up hooking up and then they're together and they spend a lot of time as a foursome because her best friend also had a husband. Right, so they're all like swingers, no, like couples going out together a lot. At one point, Hannah's best friend like came and with her husband, came and stayed with them for months at a time.
Speaker 2: I never saved. I do not know wh I've not that. That's like having a hot nanny. It's the dilmst like I'm sorry, I don't care, I don't I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Agree. So, so it turns out that this husband she's a writer and she was working on her novel. Then she gets her novel published and he's having some sort of jealousy issues with that because he's like ok oh. Also also she's getting like magazine articles stuff, and he's like, well, can you tell him, like I have a good idea for an article, you know that kind of thing. She's happy to go like, hey, like my husband, like I don't know, like I have a friend who has a great story about this. Would you be interested? And she gets him like assignments but you know, yeah, so anyway, I'm at right, this guy's this guy's great. So time goes by that they're married. His jealousy is kind of out of control, just being a dick, and they end up. Oh and then she finds out that he was cheating on her and it's because she cheated with the guy with He cheated with the girl with the best friend. Oh, so Hannah's husband that's jealous ends up fucking her friend that introduced her in the first place, and she finds out because that friend's her husband or whatever. Her boyfriend I don't know if they're married or not, is the one who tells Hannah. So she's of course really upset about this. Anyway, this is all to say that Hannah ends up writing a book, and this is real. These are real people, and you can look this up. She wrote a book and I can't remember exactly what it's called, but a memoir. She gets a deal to write a memoir about the demise of her marriage and about how this her husband like cheated on her with her best friend, like as her editor tells her, oh my god, heads up, go look at this. And it turns out that the ex husband has written a quote novel no about his side of the story, which is of course totally different than hers, but like it's novel, like it's fiction, like he's trying to write, except that it's exactly like their story. So she finds out that it's like total facts about them fights they've had, like and it's really unflattering.
Speaker 2: This is very David Harber versus Lily Allen, which we're going to get to on Board again. I'm going to make us talk about it one more time on Board, just because I finally listened to the album and I have I have notes.
Speaker 1: Oh I great. But anyway, so if you look these up, it's really funny because so and The New York Times did a story about this where it said, like two authors both having books about their side of the story. They have very different sides of the story. But it's really funny because if you look it up, all the reviews on his book are so like, fuck you, you're an asshole, like you mistreated, like you're you know, this is stupid narcissistic attempt to like just have vengeance on your ex wife, and like, you know, it's all very like who's on whose pick?
Speaker 2: People pick sides, read them back to back and really like have try to have like an objective opinion on which one's better. I mean these days, you know, like who knows who helped you know, if this guy was able to even write his own thing, But like it would be interesting to me to see who had the who, Like it's just better better wordsmith, Yes, and also see this sort of back and forth. That's a great that should be a Netflix that that whole thing should be like a Netflix show. It really relationship and then the back to back, like I could see this as like an Adam McKay movie.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I love that. We should pitch it. We should pitch it. Let's do it. So anyway, all that is to say that this is literally what's going on with these two, with Teresa and Gary, because now that Gary wrote a book, He's saying a lot of things that Teresa's like, oh hell to the no, that did not happen that way. And I have all of it here and I'm gonna I'm going to try to kind of go in order. Don't want to Let's do it later. Okay, Yeah, let's do that at the end. Okay, Okay, So Gary Turner, this is the first thing I'm gonna read you. Gary Turner feels this was why Teresa Nist went on Golden Bachelor, and you know this is not going to be this is just so funny, like they are both just going at each other. Okay, so it says the way inaugural this is I should give credit where credits do. This is Yahoo dot com. The way Gary Turner sees it, his former bride Terreesentness wasn't there to make friends or even find a second chance at love. Rather, as he detailed in his recently released memoir, The seventy two year Old Financial Services Professional, although he's not seventy two anymore? Wasn't he seventy two when he went on? Yeah so he's seventy four now was singing? He says, Oh no, she's seventy two. The seventy two year Old Financial Services Professional was singularly focused on accepting his final rows after their three month marriage ended, in large part, he said, because of her decision to go back on her plan to retire. Gary found himself wondering if his one time spouse truly had signed on to the franchise's sixty and older spinoff for the right reasons quote, why did she enter a process that required such a leap of faith? If she was going to be inflexible. Later, he wrote, reflecting on both Teresa's desire to keep working and what he perceived to be her ambivalence towards staying with him in Indiana, Oh, don't worry. This is going to get so much juicier. I just have to lay this out. It's like they're both going to be like what, No, that's not quite it, and then they're going to lay into each other. Uh. Was it her goal to find her forever partner, perhaps to get her fifteen minutes of fame, or as some of the other women who were on the show told me, was it to capitalize on Then this is all in italics, winning the competition for my affection.
Speaker 2: My god, that's so gross, Like, dude, so gross, okay, sitting okay, and what fame? She's not a theme seeker at all. She's like, oh, opposit it, no, and you're so okay, so he says. Because after the seventy four year old announced his separation from Teresa, a few of her fellow contestants asked if they could steal him for a sec quote. Several women shared a seemingly small detail that loomed large in my mind. Gary alleged in his book quote while at the mansion, Teresa was reading How to Win the Bachelor, a book that promises the secret to finding love and fame on America's favorite reality show, and that it says too basically to Gary quote, there was something about the image of Teresa curled up on one of the couches planning her strategy to win a rose that made me feel sick to my stomach. He's so dramatic. I know, I'm reading it, very dramatic. He didn't write I'm telling you he didn't write that. That guy did not sit down and write those words. This is quote, Yeah, it from his book. I'm just saying, yeah, I didn't know that. It's like, it's like I get so mad about that, Like with the Britney Spears stuff when people are quoting all of us, She's like she never put those words together.
Speaker 1: No, definitely the one thing.
Speaker 2: In like puppy emojis and like there's no way, there's just no. And then we talked about this, like the editors are probably like Brittany, we love what we've done so far. It's just a lot of like dancing girl emojis and we need a little like some verbs.
Speaker 1: You can't I just I just hate that. Yeah. No, Brittany didn't write a word of her book, by the way. It was all came from like interviews, clearly and clearly anyway. But you know, Okay, So there was something about the image of Teresa pulled up on the couches that made me feel sick to my stomach. It made me think that her goal was never to find the next love of her life. It was to win. Really, Teresa insisted it was to make the most of a free trial to Audible, checking out the Audible, the audio book service before filming the show. Quote one of the books on there was How to Win the Bachelor. I go whoa, somebody wrote a book on how to Win the Bachelor, she detailed during a November fourth appearance on the Deer Shandy PODCAS cast, which is going to come up later. So I started listening to it, but I only got through the first chapter before my free trial ran out. Well, that's not true. You don't get a free trial for a week. I'm sure you get your first month free, so don't I don't buy that, Teresa. Okay, So I started trusting, but I only got I didn't even think about it when I went to the show. Still, Gary claimed he wasn't the only one second guessing Teresa's journey. He wrote that a few of her fellow contestants quote were upset because they felt Teresa had cheated them out of a chance to find love too. According to various accounts, almost as soon as she set foot in the mansion, Teresa was manipulative, describing our connection as so strong that our mansionmates might as well give up and go home. And the situation only got thornier as she began collecting roses, Aged alleged the former lead she falsely said, Gary only likes petite brunettes. No, that's Gary saying that. So looking back without his rose colored glasses, Gary admitted to E News that it was certainly a possibility Teresa was telling him what he wanted to hear. I felt like that could have been the case many times anyway. So as for his short lived romance to Teresa, I guess hindsight, being twenty twenty, I wish I would have seen those red flags. Those weren't even red flags. Gary shut up, he explained, But as much as the romance with his final rose recipient wilted, they really tried to make their love grow.
Speaker 2: Okay, my God, enough with like the rose. Okay, So I don't like when they like get off on a metaphor.
Speaker 1: You know, like I know, it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: It's the thorny, let's water this stop it. It's just one rose. Nobody cares. So here's some I'm just trying to see what to read first, because so now Teresa okay. Teresa Nist is ready to share her side of the story on the heels of Gary Turner's Tell All. She says, I am normally such a calm person and all I want is peace and joy and good things in my life. Teresa said, I have been so upset. I have been extremely upset. Anytime I talk about anything that I read that he said, about any interaction we had, I just go, that's not how it was.
Speaker 1: Okay. Then the course they go back to the story. While they initially claimed the split was mutual, they began, he said. She said in the media that has come to a head with Gary's new memoir. Ahead of the book's release, Gary exclusively told US Weekly that he thought Teresa quote should be worried about the contents and then she's saying that felt threatening to me. Why would he say something like that, Teresa said In response for him to say that, I have to say, was he not there? Does he not know the things he did? And that I would have so many things to say. In Teresa's perspective, there was a distance between her and Gary that began on her overnight date. It wasn't until the pair were in the fantasy suite and she began talking about her job that she felt the dynamic changed completely. Quote, he started proclaiming his love for me. He said, I love you, I love you, I love you, and I'm going to ask you to marry me, and whether or not you say yes, that's up to you. I was shocked, Teresa recalled, okay, And by the way, this is just me interjecting. We freaking called this because we said he was totally into Leslie until he found out that she made a fucking lot of money. Yeah, we all said that. Remember, we were like, it's so weird that turnaround that he did. And it was only after she talked about her job.
Speaker 2: I mean, he said to Leslie in her face, you're the one. Yes, see, I don't know I don't. I've never seen anything. I think that's so much worse than I love you because I love you. I say I love you to my Maleman.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I say it to him too, And I do love my mail man. Yes he's so hot because he's he's odd. I'm not gonna lie sometimes I just say it because it seems like he needs to hear it.
Speaker 1: But I'm just I love you.
Speaker 2: It's just like I love you, but you're the one in a competition. Is just that's fucking such a mind fuck. Oh yeah, I'm so right for him to like switch back and be like oh yeah, She's like yeah, by the way, we haven't mentioned this in like the four weeks we've been dating and we're about to get married. But yeah, I'm like a stock trader, yes or whatever, like what you know.
Speaker 1: What's funny too, is that we're complaining about mel who won't say anything. He's like, you know what, Honestly, neither of you are the one.
Speaker 2: Like I don't have to say I've got it Dave mail credit though when we were talking about it today, I was giving him credit or yesterday I was like, I actually appreciate that he doesn't lie.
Speaker 1: He refuses to play that game, and I kind of one thing right, But it's just so funny how opposite they are. I know Gary's telling both of them, I love you, You're it, You're it. Okay, so she's saying he started proclaiming his love to me, and I shock, Teresa recalled, noting that she thought Gary had a stronger connection with Leslie. Elsewhere in the podcast, Teresa denied Gary's allegations that she was reading a book to strategize. She said she listened to the first chapter, so then she repeats that part after ending. After ending the show engaged to Gary, Teresa claimed that there was one instance that alarmed her because of his alleged display of temper that she couldn't believe. Teresa explained that she tends to stay up to around midnight, whereas Gary prefers an earlier bedtime, and things were tense when the pair tried. Once tried to go to bed at seven thirty, and I have this in another seven thirty. I was up for like an hour. What. Yeah, I'm an early I'm an early bed person and that's insane. So I really think I have I'm going to come back to this because this part because there's more details about this. Okay, I'm gonna come back to that, So hold on, I have something else. Okay, So this is her on his temper. This is off of Reddit. He said. I mean, I'm going to give you. This is her talking on a podcast. She says, I'm going to give you one example. When he called me an East Coast snob. He called her an East Coast snob. I'm not going to get into nitty gritty, but I will tell you one little thing. I was at his house and he offered me a cold cut. Now, if anybody knows me, I don't eat cold cuts. I eat Mediterranean diet. I eat like such a healthy diet. And I just I said it like this. I said, oh no, Gary, thank you so much, but I don't eat cold cuts. And he goes, uh huh uh huh uh huh huh huh. And he said, you just insulted me. And I said, oh my god, why did I insult you? And he goes, you're an East Coast snob. I said, no, Gary, everybody on the East Coast eats cold cuts. I said, I'm the only one who doesn't. I said, my husband ate cold cuts all day long. Oh there's Oh, it's so much worse. This guy is a fucking asshole. And my husband ate opposite of me. I used to cook two meals like the first twenty years of my life, like, and I was a gourmet cook, like everything everything in town. Well, we'll get to the cooking. We'll get to the cooking, okay. So it was something like that. It was something silly like why am I East Coast because I don't like cold cuts. They're going back and forth, they're talking, and you said there was one instance where you meant well, and then he lashed out, Okay, what happened? Sure, sure, okay, okay, here's the story that one happened before we got married. So I usually go to bed at midnight, eleven thirty midnight. I learned Gary goes to bed at like nine or nine thirty. So there was a day that he had to get up really early, so he was going to bed at seven thirty. So I said, I'll keep you company. I'll go to bed with you, and we really went to bed. I earnestly tried to go to sleep. This is so relatable. He goes, I couldn't get to sleep, it's seven thirty. It's hard to fall asleep when it's too early for you. And I go to bed at midnight, so it's like almost five hours before I usually go to bed. So I saw he was sleeping. I said, good, he's peaceful, he's sleeping. Allget I try to relax and get tired. I went on social media. I'm eating my protein bar and I was up for like an hour and I was just about to go to sleep, and all of a sudden, he comes storming out of the bedroom, calling me a liar. You're a liar. You lied to me, You lied, And she says, I don't want to do it in his voice, but it was you lied to me. You lied to me. You said you were going to bed, but you didn't mean it.
Speaker 2: That's insane if that's true, And I said's true, Gary?
Speaker 1: No, I said no, Gary, I really tried to go to sleep. I couldn't. And now I was just about to get back in bed. A normal reaction from like somebody else would have been, oh you couldn't get to sleep. Oh yeah, okay, you know I just couldn't get to sleep. I didn't lie to him. Yeah, And then the person's going so it's really interpreting your actions in the worst, most negative way. And can I pause for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about it like this is so weird to me because like it's such a non First of all, I would be.
Speaker 1: Out the door immediately if someone's like.
Speaker 2: You lied and said you were going to be I mean that's like a five year old, not just a five year old, like a five year old with like a behavioral disorder, like a you know what I mean, like a troubled So that's I mean that is.
Speaker 1: And by the way, this this coincides with some of those stories that we read about how he treated the one that lived with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, because and I'm always like leery of those things because you know, it's one side of a story and it's a it's a like an ex who might be angry, and I always that's the why I always push back. But hearing like this specific crazy shit, Yeah, there's moreturbing. So there's more. So it says it was he said it really violent, like very very in such a bad the world or most negative way, and it was I was like, well, so we've really touched.
Speaker 1: On this, Okay, East Coast snob thing. He doesn't use the word snob in the book, but he routinely uses East Coast mentality, so he doesn't like people from like, yeah, is she Jewish?
Speaker 2: That feels a little. That feels like a dog whistley to me. I know Leslie was, but I don't know. I don't think Teresa was. But do you know what I mean when you that's a very like that's almost like a Trumpian like elite thing to say, you know, like you're calling someone elite, right, yeah, And that's like, yeah, okay, so listen to this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you want me to tell you a similar story to that? Yes, okay, I'm going to tell you. I finally went to his house and we took a walk around this lake called Pretty Lake, and we were coming to the end of it and he says, and this is really bizarre. He said, you see that shed up there. I said yeah. He said, well, that's where I'm going to hide your body after I kill you and chop you up. And he was laughing. She said he wasn't laughing. I said, well, this is his idea of a joke that was pretty dark humor. And then somebody goes, they should look in the cabin, She said, is there animosity? I just felt like there was animosity in that statement that was underlying, like maybe if he could have gotten rid of me or something. I don't think he would have killed me. No, I don't think that's true. But it just spoke to an underlying feeling about me because it was already tense. And it really does come up a lot as he feels that you do not have a shared sense of humor. He thinks, he seems to think you have no sense of humor, and that Leslie had a great sense of humor. Why didn't he choose Leslie? Then? Yeah, she's our girl.
Speaker 2: That's so stupid. Obviously he was kidding. I am going to push back. I do not like Gary, but obviously he that was a joke. Okay, So here's okay, So buckle up. Here's an excerpt from his book, He's an Asshole. He says, I must admit I was surprised by the size of Teresa's one story house. The tiny two bedroom seemed to suit her perfectly, Inauspiciously, there wasn't much room for me. I looked around for a place to put.
Speaker 1: My suitcase and couldn't find a convenient, flat surface. He's going to be he's so passive aggressive. Certainly not in the tiny master bedroom. So this is all word for word in the book. This is an excerpt the tiny master bedroom, where space was at a premium. I finally decided the best solution was to put my belongings in her office, which was just a few short steps from the bedroom. I instantly felt like a trespasser in her home, like I didn't belong. The stark reality this was life with my new wife took my breath away because the space was so confining. I lived directly out of my suitcase for the duration of my stay. The stark reality this was life with my new wife. Wait, they repeated that surprise her stove turned vanity. Teresa used her flat stovetop as her makeup counter. Hell yeah, One she didn't cook much, and two the lighting was better because the range was next to a window. And three there was more space to spread out if I want to cook eggs, I asked, where do I go for that? Teresa was kind enough to clear the stove while I was there and cooked a few meals for us, most of which were salmon medium rare and green vegetables. How dare she? Oh? My god. Looking back at our engagement feast that night in Costa Rica, I realized that the whole dinner had been totally out of character for her. We had both eaten like somebody was going to take the food away from us. I don't know if that was because we'd been sequestered with limited food choices or because we were feeling the release of the show's end. I know I felt like I was just out of jail. Uh so blah blah blah. He's talking about how she doesn't like to eat enough stuff that he likes to eat. Okay, As I was beginning to realize during my stay in New Jersey, physical intimacy wasn't going to bond Teresa and me either. My first night at her house, she took out sheets and pillows before telling me tomorrow is a big work day. I need a good night's sleep. Do you mind sleeping on the sofa? Okay? And then here's her response to this, Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean we knew we sort of could see it when you'd get all read sometimes with like what looks to be like, oh he's such a feeler comes a temper, Yes, controlling ooh, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get to this part because she has a very different story about it. Okay, forty eight hours after Teresa and I said I do, he says, we parted, and what had become standard operating procedure for us, we made a huge declaration of love and commitment and then went our separate ways. I flew home to New Jersey while I returned to Indiana. I wouldn't blame anyone who accused me of being a phony when I exchanged vows with Teresa. But I can say that, despite my fear that we weren't ready for marriage, I still committed to the sacred Institution with all my heart. Whatever it took to make this relationship work and last I was willing to do. It wasn't just for her that I vowed to Teresa to choose you every day as the one I love and never take your heart for granted. So okay, so this is what this is what he says. That's what I was doing when I drove fourteen hours to Shrewsbury on January eleventh. I was married to the lady. I thought I should at least see where she lived. I feared that if I was not proactive and did not make a trip. The top priority inner show had set in. So then he goes on about her stove and all that stuff that I read you. And then as I was beginning, okay, do you mind sleeping on the sofa? Yeah, no problem, were the words that came out of my mouth. But I was really thinking why we're married. I did not want to make waves, especially on my first night in her home. Of course, if Teresa wanted to take things slowly or was having mixed feelings, I would understand. I would never force anyone to do anything that they weren't comfortable with. If her question had become the start of an authentic and honest conversation about deeper issues, I might have even welcomed it. Instead, Theresa and I remained silent while she made up the couch for me. The non confrontational route turned out to be a mistake because the one night on the couch turned into two and then three. Once again, this was very a very different Terresa from the woman I had encountered in Costa Rica at the resort. Her behavior regarding intimacy was comfortable even forward. When we returned to the States, she ignored opportunities for intimacy. I brushed it aside, figuring it was the nerves of keeping our engagement a secret, and then the exhaustion of the wedding planning. But what was the excuse?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: When I arrived at Shrewsbury, it should have been an awesome trip. This was our first time together that we didn't have to hide we were married. It should have been a freaking honeymoon. I really had a hard time making sense of it. I feel I'm a pretty confident guy, comfortable in my own skin. I don't get shook giving a speech to a crowd or an interview on National Tel TV. But the rejection I got from Teresa rattled me deeply and stayed with me for a long time. A lot of thoughts went through my head. Am I not attractive anymore at my age? Have I somehow offended Teresa? Hurt her feelings? It made me think Tony was a saint for sticking with me for forty three years. And then I define intimacy in a number of different ways. It's certainly not just sex. Sharing thoughts and feelings candidly without fear of judgment. That's intimate. Making your partner feel special. That's intimate. Okay. Then he goes on that he says it was out of reach. With the signs that Teresa cared about me fading, everything started to bother me. Sleeping on the sofa had made me bitter. But there were other small events that highlighted our differences. One night, while driving to dinner, I went five miles over the speed limit, and you would have thought I had a gun to her head the way she reacted. And if you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not. Admittedly I do not drive like the typical seventy something person. But there is one thing I can say with one hundred percent confidence about myself. It's that I don't take foolish risks. Okay, I am the guy who got married on national TV to a woman he had blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. On another night, when we were of course, I have to read you all this, because then I'm going to read you her response. When we were, of course, dressing to go out for dinner. I was ready to leave when Teresa looked at me and pointed up and down like a kindergarten teacher. Oh no, you're not wearing that. She said, let's go over to the Lululemon and grab you something better. Why why would she want him to dress in Lululemon. That doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 2: I know I was, and that's the that's like the publisher trying to get a plug in for Lululemon.
Speaker 1: Like how do we get Lululemon like tagged? You know what I mean? Like that doesn't even make sense. I was getting you in some yoga pants.
Speaker 2: I'm going to meet my friends at the very fancy, big time New York place. It's getting in like some like a little tank top and some yoga pants, like a flare at the bottom.
Speaker 1: M Oh, it's gonna look so good on you, he says. I was wearing jeans and an expensive RII shirt. Why does he have to? My God? But it's again they're trying to tag something. Yes, but it was a plaid, which maybe she thought looked unsophisticated. I really didn't want to get bent out of shape over this, even though I wondered why I had driven fourteen hours to sleep alone and have my wardrobe criticized. I that literally makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Let's get you into some of these targets target shirts, right, that makes no I mean, I'm just this is why I'm just calling bullshit on it, like he's so cool.
Speaker 1: Well, she has a very different story about this exact situation, so he says, and who talks like this? So I tried to turn my frown upside down by taking selfies of us in the dressing room and later posting on Instagram about what a great time we'd had. Truthfully, however, I realized I could never embrace the East Coast lifestyle. Oh my god, if he says that one more time, I'll fucking kill him. Fuck you dude. Horrible. Okay, so idiot. Here's Teresa's take on it. I'm not sure if Gary has a faulty memory or if he just wanted a more dramatic story for his book. Here's what really happened. We slept together the first night in my very small bed. After my husband passed away, I moved out of the master bedroom into a smaller bedroom with a full sized bed, and I turned the master bedroom into an office. That first night of Gary's visit, I didn't sleep at all because I had been sleeping alone for nine years. Relatable thank you and sharing a bed again takes some getting used to. In the morning, Gary asked me how I slept. I told him I hadn't slept at all, and he offered to sleep on the couch going forward. I was extremely grateful and said, I promise you when you come back, I will have a king sized bed all set up in the master bedroom for us. After that visit, Gary went back to Indiana, but we put our money together and I quickly went to work ordering a king sized bed and all the linens for us to use. My daughter and I put the entire bed together in a day, and I sent Gary photos of our progress. I was so happy that we now had a wonderful bed to sleep in together. But Gary never returned. And then she says, regarding the Lulu Lemon story, we were lying on my couch when I received a direct message from someone on Instagram saying how excited she was that Gary was in town and that she worked at Lululemon and she would love for us to come visit the store. Gary agreed. When we got there, Gary saw a shirt and asked me if I thought he should try it on. I enthusiastically said yes, and we went into the dressing room together. He asked me if I thought he should buy it, and I was like, yes, you look great in it, and he bought it. He was grateful for my encouragement because he said in the past he always hesitated to buy things that he knew he should have. As for the shirt he was wearing before dinner, that was an entirely separate occasion where I gently suggested he wear something different because the restaurant was upscale, i e. East Coast, something any good wife or partner would do. These were entirely two separate stories that Gary decided to combine together for effect. So that's her side of the story.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Like, what the hell, dude.
Speaker 1: I know this is such a thing. It's that thing. We always come back.
Speaker 2: To the Garth Brooks song that we talk about, like an unanswered prayers.
Speaker 1: You know, be careful what you wish for, be careful what you fight for.
Speaker 2: You're on a show, you don't These guys are not not I shouldn't say guys.
Speaker 1: These people are not being vetted properly. We know that.
Speaker 2: We know that from gen season. We know that, you know, you can't know everything, You can't know if someone's being like you know, if they're pretending or whatever, you can't know that, but you know, like Devin, for example, on Gen season, he had a record, yes of like smashing, I mean really like abusive shit. And he's certainly not the only one. I'm not saying Gary had that record, but he did have a little bit of like, you know, there's some stuff.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got stuff. I'm just going to read you a little bit more. This is not like specific story, but this is what she's saying now. She says, overall, Gary called me names, He criticized me, He put me down. At one point he said, I don't want to hear your opinion. He called me an East Coast snob, something I'd never even heard before before I heard it come out of his mouth. There were so many instances of him having a temper and getting mad at things I did. Nist also alleged Turner had quote yelled at me the day after their wedding quote. I would say, half the time I was in front of the person I saw on the show, and half the time I really never knew what he was going to get mad at, why he was going to get mad, and when the next shoe was going to drop, I mean, and then she says, you should have. She's talking to him, basically, you should have called off the wedding. They're asking like they're saying that he touched that. Basically they're talking about Leslie, whom he still finds himself getting emotional over. You should have called off the wedding. No matter that we were on TV, it didn't matter. This was our lives. You should have stopped it. If you really wanted to be with Leslie. I would have applauded it. I would have supported you. I would have been happy. Yeah. And then she's basically saying they're asking why she felt compared to compelled to share her side of the story, and she says, Gary got me to the point where I finally had to say something. I would have never said anything. I was keeping this all to myself. It was going to say a word of that. But when someone accuses you of things you didn't do and recount stories in ways that it didn't happen, there are just so many things he said, right, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: It's insane. And let's just say so that we're clear before we go. We are team Teresa here. I don't believe Gary. I just don't believe it. I really just have nothing that he says makes sense. You know what, I wish we could. It's probably too late. She's moved on with her life now. Would be a really good time to have Leslie on the show. We had her booked, but then the fires happened and so it just didn't happen. And then she went off to do Bachelor in Paradise and was so she's so good. She's like, hey, yeah, I'm just going on, where was it, coach?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she didn't.
Speaker 2: She was so good at not saying why. Yeah, she knew the contract. But I wonder now I think it's probably I'd love to have her on and see if we can pick her. She probably won't talk shit about Gary, but I want to see what she says about Teresa, Like I want I kind of want to see if we can get her to talk, even.
Speaker 1: Even if she didn't like to, even if these people didn't like Teresa. Listen, she won his heart fair and square, Like that's the game. We all talk about it. It's like they're playing a game, and I mean we were all surprised by it. I mean I was kind of.
Speaker 2: He wanted Joan, Joan didn't want him. Joan left, so then he was left with what he didn't really want. And he's like, well, I'll go with the rich one, I guess, And that's what he did, right, Like all right.
Speaker 1: Well, let's before we go, let's talk about something happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, please tell us a little bit about yes Hers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hers, I'm going to tell you this just from memory, but Hers is a provider of weight loss treatment, specifically golp ones, and they make it affordable, and they make it easy. And you are under twenty four to seven, you have access to them, you can ask questions. It's really easy to sign up and get it. And let me tell you it's affordable and a lot porda people are doing these glp ones and it's you don't have to be like obese to try it. Even if you don't have a ton of weight to lose. Golps can help you. Tell us how to get them. I'm going to tell you this. This is also from memory, just kidding folks.
Speaker 2: And by the way, before I get into this, you can do oral medication and injectibles now, so like you have choices, and again they're affordable and They're really changing people's lives. So whether you want to lose weight, growth, thicker, fuller hair, or find relief for anxiety, Hers has you covered. Is it for hers dot com slash rose pricks to get a personalized, affordable plan that gets you? That's f O r H e rs dot com slash rose pricks for Hers dot com slash rose Pricks. Weight Loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded drug products are not approved or evaluated for safety, effectiveness, or quality by the FDA.
Speaker 1: Prescription required.
Speaker 2: See website for full details important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and plan purchased. But get up on it, unlike Gary. Gary should not get up on anyone right now, and he should just maybe work on himself.
Speaker 1: I just think, listen, it's it's hard with these shows because you know a lot most of them don't work out, and it is you're on a TV show. And I think, as we're seeing as mel is making it kind of painfully clear, people do act differently when they're on TV. They're not really being themselves. They're either not being fully open. I mean, it tells you a lot that he found out what she did for a living in the fantasy suite. I know it's insane, and that he decided literally decided a week before, like, oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna ask her to marry me. It does seem like you don't know much about a person when most of the time you spend with them is with cameras on you, right, correct, that's all right, I'm saying, sure, there's more to come on this.
Speaker 2: Don't think that we're not going to keep following these two crazies, although I mean, how much more can there be really with him? But you know, we wish, we wish her well and the East Coast snobbery. Yes, yeah, Well I'm gonna work on Leslie. I know I've said that for a while, but I think it's time. But now she needs to come on. We need to, like, you know, I want her, Jack and mel I will because we love her so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody, bye guys.
Speaker 2: By h