Speaker 1: He'll be like a dummy bit. It's the internet. You're busy. Let's do this for October fourth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game mess Mornings Live with Me Jeff Grubb, Today's Silent Hill two reviews are in? And did Bluebird blunder? And where are we on? The single player games are dead? Pendulum swing? But first please join me and welcoming today's co host, the Game Best Mornings. It's Jordan Middler. Everybody. Jordan, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm very well. The anti tom Ita continues lurin me at Rain.
Speaker 1: We've undone him and he shall remain undone, and it took all our efforts. You can't see it. We have some witches chanting just off screen. They're doing great work, great work to keep him buried and done. And I believe he won't return next week, and so I won't regret saying any of this. That'll be great.
Speaker 2: How do you doing, Jordan? I'm good mind quiet week for me you might have seen, but apart from that, all good vetty beuzy video games do be happening. I'll be completing them. I'll be uploading the whole playthrough. It's been a great week. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great. It's like for Semi, what's he taught? Like, Oh yeah, yeah, that's stupid stuff on Twitter, which I know a lot of people like that. If they're not on Twitter, they hate here about this stuff. But also like I don't think about it when I'm as soon as I like close Twitter, it leaves the brain immediately. I don't know if people realize that. And then it's like oh yeah, and then these get on there and these goofballs are goofing it up, and it's just like kind of it's becoming fun to dunk on them again because they do just seem so lost and stupid. The whole thing this week is some idiot wants us to upload all our gameplay just to prove that we beat the game before they can read our review, which is strictly prohibited by almost every embargo I've ever read.
Speaker 2: Yes, and just before you read might have you of that's one hundred dollars, RPG says I one hundred hours to watch me play through it, including the thirty five minute section where I'm deciding which spec to go with I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the actual minutia of playing through a video game. Look, here's the thing. These Twitter people and all this stuff is very stupid. I think it's worth noting for people on all sides that when this stuff happens to me, I send it to my friends and I send all the insults, and the best insults get sent into my friend group chat, and I go, that's a fucking belter.
Speaker 1: That's the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's it just doesn't affect real life. Twitter is not real life, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like, man, yeah, I we're doing an absurd job. You should be making fun of it. Of course you should.
Speaker 2: I'm a big.
Speaker 1: Video game journalist. What it is that, Yeah, let's do that. And so, yeah, I enjoy all the good The problem is most of them aren't very good at it. The insults aren't very good. But when you get those good ones, that's the really makes the whole thing worth it. How are you doing otherwise? It's uh, we are kind of like I did the thing I think this morning actually finally where it's like all those games I keep saying, well, I'll just play that before Game of the Year. And now it's like, oh no, I have We're running out of time. I got to start playing some of those games I keep putting off. Nine Souls is the one that like is at the top of my list because everyone says I would really like that. Everyone who has played it seems to really enjoy It's a Metroid Vena game, so I'm like, okay, I should just get that loaded up and actually play it. How are you feeling about, like keeping up on games and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of and I'm having a mex and a blend. I think right as of four minutes ago, I can say I've been playing some of that the Apple expansion. That sounds pretty good. I'm been playing something else that lead about on Monday, the code for Silent Help played a little about that. It's just a little it's it's a sharkoutiny board to sounds. Vetti and told me about it. The main ones for the Nest of October. I believe that will be my part view will be called in dragon Age, so it's kind of just dragon Age will be an early called probably be end the day it comes out, so it's not too much of a crossover for Race yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: It's uh yeah, I guess, I guess it does help that. Like for the rest of the year, outside of Dragon Age, which I'm curious to try, there's not like a ton of stuff I feel like I have to play on obviously, like Brothership, I'm still gonna want to play, and we'll do some Mario party stuff, but I might have a chance to actually catch up here and there. Uh all right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays. I, Jeff Greb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Silent Hill. Two reviews are out. It's got I was doing like an eighty eight on Open Critic. I actually missed the Metacritic out probably around the same zone. Pretty good. That's a pretty high school. That's like I think people always do forget or just don't think about it, maybe the way I do. Getting an eighty eight very hard to do. Most games struggle to get up above that eighty five eighty six. So that's a very good score. Start here with Mark Delaney from GameSpot, who gave it a nine out of ten and says remaking one of the most revered horror games ever is no simple task, but Bluebird Team impressively rebottles, impressively rebottles the magic of the two thousand and one genre. Landmark Tristan o'gilvy at IgM gave it an eight out of ten and said Silent Hill two is a great way to visit or revisit one of the most dread inducing destinations in the history of survival horror. James Kennedy gave it a three point five star. I did not write down where they're from. I forget. Blueber Team's version of Silent Hill two often feels like a high fidelity version of the original, with remixed puzzle and item locations. The combat is reasonably satisfying. The Boston counters have been have been improved, but what is fundamentally a great horror game is partially undermined by the over the top sound design, injection of jump scares, and general lack of restraint. Chriscollian gives it a It gives it four stars over at VGC and says Silent Hill Too is a skillfully handled retelling of one of the medium's most loved survival horror games. It stays faithful to the original to a fault at times, but breese enough new life into into simultaneously ensure that longtime fans will appreciate the respect shown, while newcomers won't find it antiquated. Have you been playing this at all? I have not, Jan and Dan have. I've been missing out so far, but I will when it launches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm about I'm about five hours and to at this point just kind of beyond where myself and Don played the preview a couple of months ago. It seems really good. As you see, eighty eight is higher than I would have expected, and I think I think I'm just about in line with Chris's review the kind of four star area, and it's it's basically I think it's a great reset for what Silent Hill fans would want, Like there's a bit of stability to the Silent Hill ship after so long of nothing, and it kind of reminds me of Metal your solid delta in a sense where it's like you don't want to take massive swings when you have no good will. This is get us back on solid ground and we'll see where we can go from here. And they seem to have done very well. And the Bluebird team, I think after speaking to them, I actually think they got quite an unfair rap because I said to them quite cheekily that I didn't mean it to come across so badly, but I was like, all the journalists can't believe how good this game is. And they were laughing, and they were like they seem to understand what their limitations are and they're trying to get better, which is great to hear, and they seem like a good bunch. So yeah, it's a I enjoyed it. It doesn't it doesn't quite hit that level of like the Razi four remake or the Razy two remake or anything like that, but it's in the conversation and I think after the sentiment around that game earlier this year. The fact that that's the case, it's a huge one for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, I always had expectations that they'd be able to make this one work. They could probably ignore the demons that maybe Bluebird carries sometimes that causes them to put a little too much into some of their own games that people dislike, and it's like, well, we could just work with the good stuff that's already here. And really, this, I've said this before, This is the ideal scenario scenario for Silent Hill fans where they could fret and be angry for months that Bluebird team was gonna mess up their favorite game, and then when the game comes out, they actually get to also enjoy Silent Hill two again. So they get the best of both worlds to hate this this game for a long time and then love it maybe once it's out. You know, I think it's it remains to be seen once it's in the wild. How the true you know, you know, the people who bleed Silent Hill, how they're gonna feel about it. But it seems like this is setting it up for the best chance for this to win. This when when that crew over and I'm always curious reading these reviews as well, it's like, what what do people want from a remake? Because me personally, when I you know, I think the Metroid Prime Remastered was fantastic, and then I think Shadow of the Clausus was one that's like a no. I feel like some of the magic was lost, and like the more eerie look of the original personally, and Links Awakening kind of same thing, Like I like the way it looks on the game Boy, and that's that style and this toy like diorama stuff. I think it's beautiful, but it's maybe not for me. It's everything's everyone comes in with their own preconceived notions, and I think we saw that even these small quotes I read like James Kennedy is like, you know, their game is partially undermined by the over the top sound design that like the and the injection of jump scares, so it's like new jump scares. It's kind of like not what I'm looking for here, And then you know, Chris is like, yeah it, you know, those updates kind of make it help it avoid feeling antiquated. So I think it's gonna have to get out in the wild and let those real, real, big deal fans see how they feel, and I'm sure they will probably find a handful of things here and there, but I get the sense that overall most people are gonna come away from Silent Hill to very happy, and it feels like setting up that franchise for long term success.
Speaker 2: Again, I also think people who have no history of the Silent Hill franchise could just play this and not particularly feel like it's a PlayStation two game, and I think that's a great advantage, especially as the people who as we get further away from that era and the cachet that Silent Hell had is only felt with people that were around that time a time. Yeah, this is just a brand new triple A horder game. I think will go down very well with people. I get the sense that the Silent Hell community are obviously they've been hurt before kind of thing, but I think they can take solace in the fact that this comes out it's well received. Hopefully it does well commercially. In the question I have for you is, does the do you think the community wants another one of these from Blimber or does the community want Konami to say, Okay, Blibber, you can have the next new Silent Hell game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I kind of hope they can work towards a world where they get the chance to do both. But the same thing probably right now is do another remake because you did really go with to Now take that and actually maybe increase the estimation of Silent Hell three and the rest of them up to this level, or get as close to this as you can with those other ones, so that we can have this baseline to work with and then maybe start on the side again work on what might be a new Silent Hell. Now you know what Silent Hell f stop or whatever it is Silent Hell. I don't know the one that's supposed to be Silent Hell five. I guess I'm not a fan of the series. I don't know they are making a new Silent Hill right, but I guess I don't know if that's like supposed to be a full blown new sequel or sort of like maybe something kind of new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. I'm really interested to see the Silent Hill game from No Code, who are developer based in Glasgow. They previously did Observation, which I thought was excellent, and I like really like this new Kanami era of just letting people do what they want with the properties, not entirely what they want, but as VGC reportedly years and years ago, this was an initiative for metal Gear Hill and ca you line.
Speaker 1: Sex as shit. Sorry that came from the deep.
Speaker 2: It's right there with the Day's Gun remastered as and it'll come out something. But yeah, I think that. I mean, I'm very happy with how they're going with metal Gear, and that's a series that's important with me. Fucking Johnny metal Gear mister Riker seemed very happy with how it's going.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy with it.
Speaker 2: They seem to have had a bit of humility in the sense that they're like, we can't really do these anymore. We have some of the people that can stow help, like some of their original metal Gear team is stough and purchasing this remake. But I think it's a it's a good sign. I can only assume that most developers looked at the last ten years of copcomon went oh.
Speaker 1: One million percent, yes, and it's like it already worked for Konami, where you know, before the metal Gear solid collection, like Konami makes a lot of money. They do pretty well as a company, but when you looked at the growth, which is what these companies really care about. And we've talked about this before everybody, so if you've heard this before, I'm sorry. But they were looking at the growth and be like, e Capcom's grown real fast and we're just not. And then they put out the Metal Gear Solid collection and instantly they're like, whoa, we kind of have Capcom like growth here immediately from just the collection. So I think that is a very encouraging thing from their point of view. So expect them to kind of keep going down this path. Yeah, and as long as they are choosing the right place partners, are making the right investments, are not rushing anything, sort of have a good technical baseline. I mean, that's the advantage Capcom continues to have is the reach for the Moon Engine is so good that they and they know how to use it so well and it's so versatile that they are able to like, Okay, now we're adding open world stuff to this and that's going to be the next three games from this engine. That's a huge advantage, of course, but that is not like the reason everything works at Capcom. The reason works because they are picking the right franchises and making good games, and Konami has now been able to do this, and I think they're going to reap the exact same rewards the Capcom has been getting. So yeah, I think they do make new Silent Hill games going forward. They've alread announced the one I think beyond that, keeping Blueber's sort of in their orbit now at this point, now that like the Silent Hill has maybe found its footing and Blueber's found its footing with Solent Hill, I don't think either side's going to want to give that up necessarily now. That's as long as Konami remains pleasant to work with, which is just historically not always been the case. So I think we have to wait and see. Is this period that they're in that I agree with you. I think this is a nice period for Konami, But is it an exception and they backslide and they become the weird secretive company that they were before again? So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, they still did that ridiculous thing where people's email addresses are just a scramble of they do you still do that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, man, that's nuts. That's got That was like an early thing I discovered in this and I'm like this person email man. That's another I could tell this is a different random set of numbers, and I looked into it trying like can I find someone at Konami specifically, It's like, nope, it is a random number system for their email address. Bonker's company. All right. The Legend Zuelda Echoes of Wisdom has strong launch in Japan. This is from gamed Data Library on Twitter tracks these things and kind of puts out Excel sheets every once in a while. Retail launch sales of the Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom in Japan are forty percent higher than Links Awakening remake. With digital it should be above a Link between Worlds and be the third biggest launch for a two D Zelda in thirty years, after the Nintendo DS games. Although so it's all two hundred thousand copies in Japan in its first week. That puts it ahead of Links Awakening, which was one hundred and forty one thousand, and then if you uh, let's see, like the DS games, the Spirit Tracks was three hundred and twenty thousand, Phantom Hourglass was two hundred and eighty eight thousand, So that's eighty eight thousand more for like spirit tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if, like with digital, it's actually like an extra hundred thousand copies, uh like fifty seventy five percent twenty five percent for a Nintendo Switch game in Japan. That doesn't sound or I'd be a sorry, sixty six percent thirty three percent. That seems very possible. So yeah, this could be one of the best selling two D Zelda games or fastest selling two d's Zelo games in Japan so far, and hey, good for it.
Speaker 2: I've been years unto that console. Like if they hadn't see, if they hadn't already said they were going to this sweat too in the next financial year, I would want stories like this what make me think of they're going to get another yet out of the Switch. I'm just gonna keep doing this over and over again and it's still gonna be like yep, so massively.
Speaker 1: We're in that right because this was like the game was the system kind of does feel like maybe it actually was supposed to come out this holiday and they've sort of just kind of moved everything out a couple of months, a couple of weeks here and there to fill in that space, and uh, I mean yeah, when I see this stuff, I agree, it feels like they if they wanted to, they could make that same decision yet again. And yeah, but hey, a switch to in twenty twenty five, like I think.
Speaker 2: A comparmed don't.
Speaker 1: God, No, I think a few years back it was like that is actually probably what's gonna happen, because it's the system just has so much momentum, and here we are witnessing that over and over now in terms of hardware sales. Clearly sputtering to a certain degree, but sputtering a relative to the switch and nothing else, like, not relative to any other console ever in a lot of ways. So yeah, I think I'm still playing this game. This is the game I'm playing the most right now. Continue to fall in love with it more and more as I play. I think it does have a rough start, but as I kept playing it is when I started just exploring on my own and not necessarily just going waypoint to waypoint, it turns into a really different game where I'm just trying a bunch of dumb shit and almost all of it works and makes the game break in fun ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andy wasn't mega hot on it yeah one of you. Yeah, yeah, he was one of the lower ones. But it's then trying to I just I like open word with Zelda. I don't have a great affinity for Zelda as a franchise or anything like that. Like these little side games don't do much for me. I like him. I like I'll play the big main titles because it almost feels like you need to to be in this space, like their the Marquee releases, like it feels like they're these important kind of games of record almost. But it's cool to see that them making the swing to have you played as Zelda has gone down well with folk because it would have been a shame for them to do this. And then it come out, come out and.
Speaker 1: Be right at Super Princess Peach game right where it's like what is this? And that was like a bummer because people been like, wow, we get to play his Peach for the first time ever and that comes down it's like and it's like the powers are she cries a lot because she's emotional, and uh, for as awkward as that is, it was like it was at least it was different. But then the game just wasn't very fun. Yeah, I I I think that this game is probably worth like looking into on like TikTok or something from your point of view then, because just seeing all the weird stuff people have been doing. Yeah, the fun thing I've talked about this on the podcast last night, but the new meta now is you get a water block, you spun it anywhere, then you use the bind ability to grab the enemy and you just drag them in the water block and they drown instantly, and you can just basically kill anything in a second. It's it's a lot of fun and the and getting the the like the fish, the dead fish, and having a bird and buying yourself with the bird and holding the fish, and then the bird chases the fish and so you get you start flying and you can fly across the entire map. Once I started doing that, it's like, Man, this game it just feels like, Oh, it's gonna let me do whatever I want, like these recent Zelda games, and not necessarily like any other Zelda game before those. So very cool game.
Speaker 2: One of the best experiences I had and Tiers of the Kingdom was before the game came out and Nintendo got all the journalists to like this little event and they had switches set up for us to capture the game and really opening a couple of hours of all the TVs being next to each other and you just look over your shoulder and be like, what's he made? How is he doing that? Like? How's he suddenly got like a motorbike that can fly? And I loved it and those kind of mysterious circumstances for me. As soon as it goes on Twitter and people have built like transformers, it loses it for me. It's like, I'm not going to do that. I'm no interest in that. Just show me like the thing in Tiers of the Kingdom when it's like three elements make like this perfect jet bike and I'm like, Okay, that's what I wanted to see, not any of this other crab.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah totally, and that's the perfect jet bike. Is like, man, this is actually useful. I'm gonna kind of break this game that way. Yeah, a lot of similar stuff and how I've played it so far, so I really the game click for me when I realized that the like the big mountains between like one area or the other that you've had in previous Zelda games, you can climb on top of those and just take shortcuts into the other areas. And that just felt like, you know, it's ingreened in my brain from playing those old Zelda games that those are just you just don't interact with those, those are nothing. So kind of feeling like I am now playing in the margins a little bit was like, oh god, this opens things up, and I just feel like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be. And if you want to get me excited about a game, make me as a player, feel like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be because they're like, oh, I'm a I'm a mischievous little guy. Yeah, it's a good time for me. I They're gonna keep doing this with Zelda though, right where take a lot of time making the big marquees Zelda that that everyone can't ignore, even if you don't have a lot of love result. It's like, nope, everyone has to pay attention to this. That's obviously happening, of course, But then doing these side games, these other the two D games, stuff that feel a little bit different when maybe they're taking other kinds of risks. There's no reason not to do this because this seems like it was probably affordable to make work works with a team that has already had success, and it's kind of fills in a gap for this franchise and for the Nintendo's lineup right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really enjoy it. I like that both Madu and Zelda can have this multi pronged approach where there's always something going on but is kind of endcapped by these big traditional experiences. Is something that I would love for my dearly beloved Pokemon. Pokemon Company is much more hesitant to explore those kind of things. They had a while and like the GameCube GBA when it was like there was very few mainline games and it was just game games. Yeah, but they have in recent years very much kind of disavowed not only doing that, but some of those games, like the GameCube games xd Gala Darkness and stuff like that. I think it was Masuda San was asked about a remake of something like that and he just laughed because it's like, it's not one of their games. It's not the Pokemon Company. Like. It's it's very it's very buttoned up. I liked the new Pokemon Snap was nice. It's also the best looking Pokemon game ever because it was not made by game Preak and things like poking are cool, but I would love like a Pokemon style experience that isn't a fighting game, or isn't a big genre change that isn't the kind of traditional generational RPGs. Yep I Pokemon with a gun? Good question, Pokemon with guns it's never been tried before to Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Even in a hold that he doesn't it seem like he has damned the Pikachu. This morning, dropping hit off at school, she talked about how she wants a Pikachu squish mellow. She has not played Pokemon, but then she goes, I want to play Pokemon now, Jordan, what do I do here? I'll tell you. My hunch is, let's go Evie or let's go Pikachu. I think that seems like the right move. Also, she is really kind of getting the hang of reading, so I'm like, oh, this could be a good chance to like like speed up that process as well. Is that the right moves? There may be a different way to go.
Speaker 2: You've absolutely nailed it in one, so let's go Pika. Let's go Pikachu is the one to do it. I'll introduce her to the original one to fifty one, which is still the group of Pokemon. The merchandise the hardest, So all the ones that she's probably seen and toys and stuff like that are all in that game. And I do you have the version of it that has the poke ball controller? No, that came out at the start. Okay, well if if you can come across one of those, those are those are great fun. But even just the base game, it's she'll probably find it more interesting because you physically, like you move your hand to throw the ball if you want, so you don't have to do that kind of thing. But yes, let us go as a great starting point, and then you start getting her into the merch including my Vincent Van Go Pikachu here, which I would have stabbed the man to get, but thankfully I just caught one of the restocks on the Pokemon Center and didn't.
Speaker 1: Have to like attack hurt anybody. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, let's let's go as a great start on the reading thing. I know the original Red and Blue were huge for like a lot of young people with game boys, learning words that they didn't know, things like that. So yeah, I think that's a a very great shout get into the trading cards. That's what you need, a trading card.
Speaker 1: Dirty filthy mouth. You keep me out of that. I don't want to deal with that. I'll get her the squish mellow. I don't give a ship, but I'm not bringing those cards into this home. It's a Christian home. It's not actually all right. Ubisoft's effort to save Star Wars Outlaws continues with huge patch. This is in Blair marnellit game spot. Ubisoft hasn't been shy about admitting that Star Wars Outlaws didn't have the strong launch that the company was hoping for. Some reports have stated that Star Wars Outlaws only sold one million copies to date. Regardless, Ubisoft has it abandoned its efforts to improve the game, and the latest patch may go a long way towards fixing many of the game's issues. The new Star Wars Outlaws title Update two is out now for PlayStation five, Xbox Series XS, and PC via the official Ubisoft site. Some of the most notable changes are elements like the number of MPCs, the mbcs and their patrols to have also been modified. Nice skip a sentence. Yeah. Some of the most notable changes are related to outlaw stealth sequences. There we Go. AI detection has been tweaked, and other elements like the number of MPCs and their patrols have also been modified. The speeder experience has also changed to improve the camera position, and the collision was reduced to keep players from being knocked off their speeders so easily like that. Actually, that was a good time. It was funny every time she would just completely eat it, and I'm like that, she should be dead, her guts should be liquid the way she just stopped like that. Yeah, I'm continue to be someone who is enjoying this game for the vibes, for the Star Wars news, for the little dioramas at every little corner, just like little scenes, and it makes it very easy for me, maybe having a Colorado night, to lose myself in the game and not care so much about what's having me do. Like I'm not so worried about the verbs, but they want to keep improving it. I'm not complaining. I would like to enjoy it more than I'm enjoying it. So sounds good. I get the sense that they feel like they really got to get this one in a good place, Like they there's not a lot of other options for them. Is that how you feel.
Speaker 2: I can't remember a time where a major publisher so quickly lost confidence, and not just the game, like the internals of the game like this feels like a kind of I'm sure there are other examples, but the fact that they're constantly putting out these messes being like, yeah, some of the core gameplay is good, like we didn't catch this before, but now everyone's telling us that it's not great, and it's very, very strange, And I feel quite bad for Outlaws that it seems to have just been this lightning rod for Ubisoft's problems, that it seems that if they think if they can somehow fix this and all will be well. I know that it didn't sell well for a Star Wars game, and that was obviously a shock, and a lot of people are super Star Wars out at this point, but I still think that they were probably thinking, Okay, let's get in on that Battlefront money that EA got until extent that Jedi money that EA got, and it's just the big console Star Wars game. Isn't this unique experience that it was a couple of years ago when all these companies started doing it. Again, So I don't know. I was pretty I think the game's fine. I don't know if with all of this stuff it would get up to a four For me. I gave it three stars, right, the kind of unison with which I've heard the same complaints about the stealth and the speed there like it obviously struck a nerve. I just wonder if it gets to the point where in six months when all the DCS people are like, yes, it's it's finally, it's finally pretty good. But how much how much does that actually change how you seize the project as a whole, because I can't imagine it's a particularly sunny atmosphere over there at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's like some easy wins you improve, like the wanted system. When the death Troopers show up, make them a little bit more, just make them better, make it more menacing, Do something there, something more interesting than what happens when that actual when they actually land where it's most I just try to run away from it, ignore it, And then when I do run into them, they seem kind of stupid. It's like, I don't care if the rest of the Stormtroopers and enemies have dumb AI whatever, but it's like, at least the most threatening things should feel like a threat and then and then yeah, I think if they can just kind of get people through those early steal sequences a little bit faster and to what I feel is like the meat, that would probably be better off. But you're right, I don't know if this game is going to go from a three to a four star star game. I think this is a good game. I don't probably never gonna be a great game. I'm someone who has who loves good Star Wars games that are not great, so I'm okay with that. That really works for me. But it's clearly not something that's going to put a lot of people over the top. And and you're right, the people are getting if you do care about Star Wars, if you are one of these freaks that's still out there being like I just want my lightsaber, there's Fortnite out there for you, giving you all that stuff NonStop, and this game is like, well, what if we explored the interesting underworld and there are no Jedi and all that stuff. And I guess that's just poison to a lot of people who are bad at being fans. In my opinion, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thing they could do to make that game better for me is given me one slot to keep an Empire weapon because it is so so annoying that you have so many matter and you have.
Speaker 1: To drop it. What a crazy thing?
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, so stupid, so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like maybe like it changed the economy of ammunition or something like that. So it's like I don't feel like I can use it all the time, but just one slot I can keep. I can keep it with me when I climb up a ladder at the very least, and then when I leave the place. It's actually hard to come by that ammunition. So I'm on other missions. I'm not using it so much. I think that'd be completely fine, Like.
Speaker 2: Do like a red that system where if you have more than one long weapon you have to put it on your speed and you can only physically recover it from your speed. There. Like the fact that he is like, well, like or death situation here. I know there's that's a rack of impedial weapons. I'm just gonna leave And it's not even like, oh well, Kay doesn't want to use impedial weaponry. She both sides the rebels on the impedials throughout the entire game, so she does not care. There's no canonical reason beyond maybe they thought it made it too easy.
Speaker 1: But I think they made what they did is they made that upgrade path for the main blaster such a core part of what they thought the experience be that they didn't want people getting distracted with other weapons. And I think upgrading that blaster does make it more fun to use that thing. But it just feels weird to get the E eighteen and wherever the hell it is and be like, this is so useful in this circumstance. I am finally able to blast my way out of here, and now I'm going to climb on the speeder and she's gonna drop it. It's weird. All right, Let's take a quick break. When we get back more from Ubisoft. Maybe either got co op in Assassin's Creed and a new Avatar The Last Airbender game right after this. All right, we're back into it. Pikachu van Go is still with us. Don't worry, everybody. Assassin's Creed Shadows is getting a co op mode, according to a report. This is from GEORGEI. Yng at GameSpot. Assassin's Creed Shadows is reportedly getting a co op mode after the game's launch, and it's cod named League. This is according to Insider Gaming, which notes that details on the co op mode are scarce. The report speculates that it could allow for dual protagonists Naoi No Nao Naoi and Yaske to fight alongside one another, although that detail is unconfirmed. Shadows was recently delayed of February fourteenth, it's unclear if the cop mode will be available right at launch. Yeah, this feels like the kind of thing that every game consideracy stays and maybe there's no guarantee it's actually in the game at all. Ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is kind of weird because when I saw Shadows, the pets was like, whether you play as Yaski or Nawe, the experience is entirely different, as like completely changing the way that you play. Whereas now if you have a yask running about Cleyton Shop destroying those cart fools of oranges that they like to show one thousand times in those trailers, it kind of throws off the like the AI of like a stalthy kind of character. It seems like a weird It seems really weirds difficult for at least for the campaign.
Speaker 1: Right to make the campaign work. It seems like a be other kind of thing where it's like there have to be bespoke co op missions or something so that like one person is being the guy that you know, the heavy that runs in as yaske and distracts everybody, and then the stealth person can continue to go stealth their way in, and the game would have to be accounting for that in a way that it doesn't. You know, from having not played it, it doesn't seem like it's going to be able to account for in the in the campaign. Also, you know, if they have other distractions of trying to get this game polished here at the end, one thing that's easy to put aside is as a feature you have not promised, is not supposed to be part of the game, yet it might one day be an extra future you add. You know they've done the co op Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creeds before. I don't know how much those have ever moved the needle all that much. And I think I think the way I would be like, I would guess it's like it probably isn't something a lot of Asassage Creed trans are asking for, because when new Assassage Creed game gets announced, I don't hear a lot of people out there being like, remember that one Assessage Cree co op game, this one should be like that as well. That's not what really anyone is saying. So I wonder if Ubisoft would put any real emphasis on making sure this future gets completed as opposed to develop a team being like we've continued to experiment with it. Maybe this is something we could do. I don't know, it feels like people will actually ever happen.
Speaker 2: Maybe like a Ghost of Sushima Legends type thing where it comes like a year later and it's like it's attached to the main game and there's like a bit of story about it. But Ghost of the Shima Legends broke down into four samurai like circling people and just battering them with swords, Like it just kind of it has to be something that is different. I think, as you say, I can't imagine the look on the dev's faces if they were like planning this as a single player experience where you switch between the two. All the encounters are designed like that, and then suddenly it's there's an expectation of co op. So yes, I think this could very easily as a lot of these things are that get reported that aren't and now is whiteboarded, and then it's decided that yeah it's not. It's not worth the time, especially because of how big this game has to hit now, and we talked about it last Friday, but the fact they're putting it in February, which is just a ridiculous, a ridiculous release date in terms of business already.
Speaker 1: It's also a lot of cross birthday, so people are gonna be celebrating that.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of cross birthday on February fourth.
Speaker 1: Too, Valentine's Day, Yeah, of course. Yep. Well, now to learn something new every day on this show. Yeah you said it whiteboarded. It's so easy to scratch something off on a whiteboard. It's so easy to be like, yeah, we have this. Even if it is mostly there, will it be a benefit or a distraction for this game going forward? Will be yet another thing we have to sort of account for in like testing it and then supporting the game going forward. Are people gonna be like like it so much that we have to keep making new content for it? But it's not really selling that many more copies, so is it worked? It like everything's part of that calculation. Speaking of you be softed calculations. There is a report from Bloomberg today just happened here assault in chat. I haven't been able to fully read it, but let's just kind of go off the headline here in the first little a little bit. Apparently the Guimo family is maybe looking to partner up with ten Cent to take maybe not take the company back private, but to like sort of buy up the rest of the shares so that the Ubisoft no longer has to worry about the other people who are on the board of directors and the investors. It seems to be what they're saying. I mean, I'm actually good to here from ten Cent or from Bloomberg. Excuse me, Tencent galmea family said to consider buy out of Ubisoft. The deliberations come after falling game developers share price. Ten Cent and Gillmo family hold minority sticks in the French firm currently, and that it sounds like they would try to buy out the rest of the shares. Yeah, I mean, I guess that makes some sense because the stock price has fallen, so if you're going to do it, you would want to do that now. But is the answer to UBI Soft's problems more game.
Speaker 2: Al and maybe it delays the fruits of those problems. Yeah, that seems like it seems like they want to just get into a position where they're not fighting a fire on the financial side and the game quality side. Like if this gives them a bit of leeway to get their house in order with their actual main product, then potentially, I'm sure Tencent would love to have its tendrils even further for sure into every single game company there is. But yeah, it's look, Eve's getting on a bit. I'm sure he wants at some point not to just be worrying about the trials and tribulations of ub Soft and who owns them and is Vivendi coming back for the New Orleans Funeral? So if this is on Bloomberg, it's more than conversations in little titterings. So potentially I just think that that companies in such a weird spot that it's a it's a one to watch for the next couple of years, Like are we sitting here in five years being like, yeah, you'd be Soft just completely and dissolved and all the franchises got sold off here, there and everywhere, like is it is? Can a tithen of that size really disappear? And modern games doesn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, wouldn't be a good thing in fourteen thousand fifth probably way more than I feel like. That's the last time I checked, and that was a couple of years ago. But they have more than ten thousand employees globally in the video game industry, and you want those jobs to stick around to keep that marketplace competitive for the people doing that work so they could command higher salaries and all that stuff. But uh, yeah, it also feels untenable. It also feels unsustainable as it has been for a very long time, and maybe now looking at it, it looks the most unsustainable it's ever been. So yeah, yeah, I I We'll see, I don't you know. The Gimos you know, gives specifically the whole family is like part of you be soft and game loft, I guess, but you'll be soft And they don't like just sit back and let these things happen. They try to maneuver and play the political side of things and try to shore up their positions. It's very a succession over there. I assume, and that sounds like that process has begun in earnest once again, them trying to make sure that they are in the best position to have the most power in the most money when all of this dust settles. And as for the quality of the games, fuck it, I don't know who knows. Well.
Speaker 2: Black crowl Can nearly bought them in twenty twenty two, so it could be wise.
Speaker 1: That's okay, good point, Maybe they'll come back. Yeah, all right. Paramount and Saber Interactive are coming together to make the biggest Avatar the Last Airbender game yet. This is from Ben Lyons at Game Reactor. The Avatar the Last Airbender franchise has seen a bit of a resurgence as of late, with not only the Netflix Live act series continuing, but also plans for a film and now also intentions to return to the game sector for a very ambitious project. We're told in a press release that Paramount Game Studios and Saber Interactive are coming together developed to develop a triple A RPG for PC and consoles that will be the biggest video game in the franchise history. And that's for Avatar the Last Airbender. It'll be completely new story one where players will take on the role of an all new, never before seen Avatar. Yeah, this franchise always seemed like it had the possibility to like kind of move up a tier in terms of the kinds of games that we're getting released for it, and I think it's longevity has proven that it will be worth that all again. Now, Saber and Interactive also feels like maybe the right team to approach this will have a story on this what A should do that story next? About Space Marine two, they seem capable of producing what, by all measures, should just be called a triple A game, but on a more reasonable budget, similar to maybe the Blumhouse model in movies, where it's like, we were gonna make a very specific kind of game that is big and looks great and plays great and a lot of those fans will show up for it and they'll be very happy. And if they could do that with Avatar the Last Airbender, I see a potential success here. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting that Paramount Game Studios are moving in this direction, so I'm just checking what they've done previously. They did SpongeBob square Pants The Cosmic Shake, which was licensed out to Purple Lamp Studios. Prior to that, it was mostly roadblocks, experiences things of that nature. Paramounts sitting on an absolute mountain of IP, and IP is obviously king. So yeah, I'm surprised that someone not to denigrate Saber, but I'm surprised someone larger than the Saber didn't go for the avatar IP because, as you say, it's long lasting, it's very popular in that in the game space. It basically has the comical history of having that game that gets you one hundred gamer score.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Outside of that, yeah, I think Saber have set themselves up where they can basically their next game is a free hit in terms of, okay, let's see what we're going to do after Space Marine, because people are super into that. But yes, as I said, a surprise, I'm surprised that it's taken this long. There's a there's a few properties like that that seem like be set up for RPGs for so long, especially in the kind of anime space, that just haven't happened. Like there's a couple of Attack on Titan games, but they're not really there. They're very much b games. The jiu Jitsu Kaisen game is some fucking pish party game, which is really sad. But yeah, as Jan points out, we neither rocket powered RPG and actually here that's what Blue points on at the moment. But yeah, this is a it's hopefully it's good because I don't think if this is bad, it'll be a while before there's another crack at the whip, you know, And hopefully this is a licensing agreement where it's very much hands on from Potterman, just like we don't know what we're doing. We don't make games. We just own these licenses. You guys can clearly have the license do what you want with it.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, I think you know this is I think this is part of sabers business model as well of expanding into into games that are not going to be some huge change to what they've been doing recently. They could make something that feels, you know, equivalent, and that won't be exactly like Space Marine two, but equivalent to Space Marine two. But to make that really work for that kind of game, you do need an IP and avatar. The Last Airbender is also from maybe a similar tier of IP to Warhammer, where it's like it's popular, well known and it's not as expensive as Star Wars or model, so we can we can make this financially make sense for everybody involved. And so yeah, I think it's a good match. And and I am I think at this point a fan of Sabers output. So yeah, looking forward to this, and I think it can work to speak to that point. Space Marine two dev says game can succeed without selling absurd number of copies. This is from Darren bondt Use at GameSpot Warhammer forty thousand. Space Marine two released to both critical and commercial acclaim last month, as more than two million players at launch helped it become the most played Warhammer game of all time on Steam alone. Speaking of the game's achievements, Saber Interactive Chief creative officer Tim Willetts, formerly of ID Software, recently explained how the game is expected to be successful without needing to reach lofty sales goals. We don't need to sell four million units to make it Space Marine two a success. Will It's said to IgM there are many games, sadly, especially out of North American developers, where if you do not sell five million copies you are a failure. I mean, what business are we in where you fail? If you sell less than five million, I think asking the right questions, right. I think it's the questions every time we get in this situation, we're like, man, you needed to do that, Like you know, Star Wars Outlaws, they were kind of needed to sell like seven million to make that make sense. And it's like, oh, I get it. Star Wars very expensive and you did you Chruice, you swung really hard. And swinging really hard is the business model. Because you've been making successful games and certain styles for so long, you've got to get the next home run to kind of justify every little bit of growth you've been doing recently. And that's the capitalist system. Not necessarily the choices made by Ubisoft. They are the choices you have to make because you're a business that exists in this environment. But what if you took a little bit of you know, had a little spine, took made some decisions for yourself and said what is actually best for the games we make, the people who make our games, and for our long term success, our long term of viability. And it feels a lot like the question he's asking right here, which is what kind of business are we in where you have to sell five million or you're a failure unless you sell five million. And I think them staking out this ground is going to be very good for them, because I think there's going to be a lot of studios that try to retreat into this position and try to emulate what's Saved has been doing recently. And it's probably gonna get very crowded very soon, where we're gonna actually get a lot of games in this style in the next five years, and we'll be talking about how there's too many games of that size and things will start failing because of that.
Speaker 2: Right, bring back the Quadruple A games. I say, Yeah, these guys, they're they're really nailed it with like all the messaging, all the interview responses, things of that nature. And I mentioned in a few places that the actual game didn't really work for me. But from like a philosophical standpoint, like I love everything they're saying. I'm a big Triple A guy, Jeff, I like big budget Triple A games. The apart from Blatter, that's the one true game. But it's it's an it's an untenable business outside of the absolute top end. If there was concerns about Spider Man, who not selling enough Spider Man who yep, PlayStation spider Mond, and we have to take a look towards ourselves and think what we're doing, calveat being. When GTA five comes out next year and sells forty Quintellian units, everyone else will go that's the way to do it. Yeah, for fifteen years on a game and put it out and hope for the base.
Speaker 1: I thought that would happen after Red Dead Redemption too, And I don't feel like there's many developers that were like, we're gonna make a game like that. There's not been actually that many attempts to do that, which I'm like, hey, that's smart, because you can't do it. You're right everyone that said maybe we should do it and then gave up, you were right to give up. That was a bad idea. You're right though. People. I'd be like, the investors will see the big numbers and be like, where is your Grand Theft Auto six? And then some some executive would be like, let's give some non answer and then go back to their to their actual developers, and they'll all laugh and be like I'm like and cry. They'll laugh and cry and be like, yeah, I can't believe they said that.
Speaker 2: The old He's about like game makers coming into work off the breath of the wayotes, like the weekend, off the breath of the wayos, and everyone be like, why don't we just do like that's and that's part, and that's part. Oh Jesus Christ, yep, this is not what we're doing. Oh, that's it.
Speaker 1: And that's the designers lead designers on games, so like they'll go play something and come back and uh, yeah, you hear that all the time, which is why always get frustrated. People are like, well, why are you comparing this game to that game? It's like because the motherfuckers played it and they wanted to make their game like that because they're human, and just like everybody else, wouldn't be cool if our game was more like Hades I. Every game designer said that after hades Uh all right, The new Until Dawn is more than just an upgrade. It's a hint of a sequel. This is from Michael mcwurder at Polygon. Developer Ballistic Moons rebuilt an enhanced version of horror game Until Dawn out this Friday. Out today. Goes beyond just visual upgrades for PlayStation five in Windows PC. The remastered re release of the twenty fifteen original also includes a little something more in the form of a new ending. It points towards a possible future for the franchise, While the studio behind the new Until Dawn has said it did not want to alter the events of the game, instead focusing on a cinematic update to enhance its visuals or change its visuals if you don't think they're actually enhanced. I know some people feel that way. The remasters contained a reworked prologue and at least one new ending, according to leaked pre release footage of the remastered Until Dawn that includes a new fate of Josh Ramy Mallock's character and an epilog featuring Sam played by Panetary. Yeah. I think that this is one of those situations where it feels like the reason they're doing this is because they want to do more Until Dawn and teasing a sequel and something like this also feels very in line with with like kind of what you can do with the horror genre. So yeah, not too surprised to hear this. Do you think people are going to want more Until Dawn?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think it's worth No. I think people online were saying that Hayden came back for this and oh, behind the scenes stuff, so clearly she's If that is the case, I can't verify this, but that's what people were saying this. She just came back to do some things for this, So yeah, I knew until Dawn. I wonder who would make it at this point, but I could. I can certainly see something like that happening. They have the film coming out that's got Peter Stormyer in it, so interesting. The IP is growing, so it'd be good a good time to kind of put that out into the world. I've not played I got called for it yesterday. I've not played it yet. People were a couple of people were saying that it runs like quite badly and there's some like technical problems with this. It's a fucking PS four game. What were we playing that here?
Speaker 1: That's a bit silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not got any guns in it, and.
Speaker 1: Side by sick of parisons and I'm like, I don't know which ones which.
Speaker 2: I wrote a version of this story earlier and I put a screenshot in it and I was like, I'm as certain this isn't the PS four game, and I only know it wasn't because VGC didn't exist when the PS four game came out, so the only screenshots we had in the library were the new ones. What's that? When do I get in the Quadi remaster? That would be next?
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, and it is. I think. So I mentioned people aren't happy with some of the changes. It's, uh, you know, there's a color correction on the original game to kind of give that blue tent that blue hue, and they've just removed that here and it's made it more a naturalistic color. And it's like, okay, that was Those were artistic design choices and removing those does not inherently improve the image. And it's like, yeah, that's how, very frequently how I feel now. I don't I never played until Dawn, So it's like, I don't know. I'm not carrying any of that bagage personally, but I get people who say that. But we are going to play this, this remastered version on Monday, everybody, So we'll start it up. We're gonna try to play through the whole game next week, and we'll make the decisions together, try to make a good time out of it and see what we think ourselves real quick last story, fifty three percent of gamers prefer single player games. This is from Jonas mackeyet Game Reactor. Despite the extreme success of great singer player experiences like Elden Ring, The Legends, Ulda, Tiers of the Kingdom, Marvel, Spider Man two, Hogwarts Legacy, Blackmith, Wukong, and Warhammer forty thousand, Space Brain two, while live service ventures like Redfall and Concord have struggled considerably, the giants of the gaming world will continue to be focused on the live service concept. And that would be understandable if that was the absolute majority at what the absolute majority wanted to play. But now the analysis company Media Research presents a survey that reveals that fifty three percent of all gamers prefer to play single player. And then you have to remember that the rest of the respondents didn't necessarily all vote for online multiplayer, but also local co op, which was around twenty percent of respondents. Yeah, this is something where it's I think in a survey, single player games are probably gonna have a better chance of getting respondents that say, hey, that's what I prefer. I do remember a few years ago, though you would look at like MPD or any sales chart, and multiplayer games were vastly outselling single player games. Now that I think in the last few years has sort of flipped back to be a little bit more equal. Where last year you get Hogwarts Legacy number one and then Call of Duty number two, and that feels to be like kind of where we're settling in at this point where there are going to be a handful of single player games that are massive and a handful of multiplayer games are going to be massive, and then what happens beyond that? Maybe it is like more likely for a single player game to succeed, but not so much more likely that it makes it a safe better or something like that. Do you think this speaks to what publishers should be trying to make or is this gonna kind of like more tea leaves that are hard to read about. If you had money to invest in making games, maybe you should make this kind of game versus another kind of game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the dollar pair person argument. Really, it's like the person that buys Hogwarts Legacy spends seventy dollars, but that same person that prefers the multiplayer game across the entire time they play that multiplayer game spends hundreds of dollars or in some extreme cases weekly they're spending twenty dollars on skins. So I think the and if you were just to ask people in the street, you would probably get, especially people that would respond to something like that. As you say, it would be maybe more single player inclined. But if it was like a forensic, how much do you spend more money on multiplayer games or single player games? I think multiplayer games quite obviously. I think we can smash it, and I think we have the data for that.
Speaker 1: Like when we do actually look at the end of the year and say, hey, where what did most of the money go? It clearly went to multiplayer games, which is why those decisions keep getting made. But still there are there does seem to be a growth of interest once again in big single player games from both sides, people playing and the people making them. So does that mean like Warner Brothers is going all in on single player games like Harry Potter or like Hogwarts Legacy. They said themselves they aren't doing that, so and they're the ones that have the data ran in front of them abo how well that game did and even they're like, we're gonna take some of these things like like Harry Potter and make all my multiplayer games. So expect a lot of both still and expect the occasion like we just this week, I think Tennis Wheney was saying that investment in big single player games should probably go away because they keep running into walls and Fortnite continues trucking along making all the money in the world. And I get what he's saying, and people are going to keep saying that, But I think what's going to happen is we will It'll be the pinchil, We'll go back and forth. Sometimes it will be high tide, sometimes it'll be low tide for single player games, and I think right now we're mostly a high tide, and so you can expect some investment in that space going forward. And then if enough of these things do stumble, like enough Star Wars Outlaws happens, If like Dragon Age comes out and is pretty good and still has it does it like it underperforms, I think you know, in a couple of months, we get EA on investor call saying we're going back to investing more in live service games again. So we'll see, but it's going to be a pendulum swing forever.
Speaker 2: Pretty much of my money. Do I need to EA and FC points in order to preserve single player games? Because I'll do it. I'm giving them the money anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's I think if you give them enough, they will just actually stop making single player games all together. So it's a really delicate balance.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you like to see would you like to see something absolutely fucking ridiculous?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with you, Paul, very kindly. I was sent this edition of e f C twenty five. It says a Field sent it to you based on how much play. It's because I'm the world's best EFC player. But I opened it and I was like, okay, there is my second ever physical PS five game. And but the journey continues because when you open it and there's nothing inside it, it's an empty case for e f C twenty five.
Speaker 1: What a twist? What what? What the hell is happening here? What? Why they do that?
Speaker 2: And I was reliably and formed that was supposed to be a code included, but you know, busy time launching a game, so what was email to me separately?
Speaker 1: So so there was supposed to be something included, but not a disc.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, it's like it's like a copy that you would find on the shelf at a game shop, but it's not the real cover arts. It's nothing on the back. It just says like for the club or whatever. But when I opened that, I was like laughing out loud. I was like, if this is just what it's meant to be, best press cut I've ever seen, incredible, funny, But yeah, I'm playing so much. Yeah, see it is, so it's so good. It's a good one. It's it's much better than it's been in the past couple of years. And I would have played it, that's much regardless. But I'm actually enjoying my.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad to hear that. Happy for you. You you get yours. I'm gonna start playing NHL today and I won't play it as much as you play FC. But but yeah, all right, pull question coming up here in a second. Actually, let's just get that going right now. All right, See there, have you ever used U jinks or you zoo uh? And a lot of the comments here have said a nice try cop, So we'll see how much we can rely on this information. But twenty eight percent said yes, forty percent said no, and thirty two percent said I don't know what those are, and I bet quite a few of those might be yes as well. Either way, though, twenty eight percent out and proud saying hey, I've used ru Jinks or Yuzu. Of three point three thousand votes, this is probably why Nintendo is behaving the way that they're behaving. It has reached that threshold where it is the thing that maybe a lot of people think of first when they think of Nintendo games. I'm gonna go get this, I'm gonna pirate it, and I'm going to play it on an emulator. And I don't think that justifies a lot of Nintendo's behavior, but I think it explains it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been a real weird periods where during the Echoes of Weslem review period, I was on tech Talk and just scrolling and seeing people play the Fu game over and over and over again. I'm like, well, as it's so over at this point, Yeah, I don't know what those things are and I'll stay there. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't. Thanks, they don't give us access to it in prison, So yeah, yeah, I think that you know, they they see these numbers they know how frequently people are doing this, they have their ways of tracking that, and they want to reset the clock on all these things for switch to. So those dual motivations have led to the lawyers kind of just let they've let the hounds loose, and we're seeing the We're seeing examples of that every week now. It seems like, all right, new pole question here in a second before we get to that, though, Jordan, why do you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on? All that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Am not to be marbid about it, but it's been a pretty fucking terrible week for the games media after the Shattle lost a lot of good people, Play, which is the British PlayStation magazine formerly known those Official PlayStation Magazine, ended its run with Oscar, the former boss of that, being laid off earlier this year. Not only that, today, gg recon completely shut down. It is a terrible, terrible time. There are basically no jobs in games media and about one hundred people that need those jobs. So in order to prevent that happening more and more, you should be supporting independent games media. If you like VGC, Patreon dot com, slash VGC, But don't just look into VGC. You think about supporting us. Think about the people that you watch every week, be that Giant Bomb, min Max kind of funny. Other people are available apparently, but I wouldn't know just BGC and think about supporting them, because one day you'll see those tweets that say I am looking for work because the ad market is impossible. Legacy games media deserves to live and is important in a world where people can get away with saying that a Sony executive didn't know that Ghost of Yot started women. You need real games media to support Patreon, Slash Video Games, Chronicle, thank you.
Speaker 1: They were caught blindsided.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I don't believe that punching fucking norm game developers in it again.
Speaker 1: They put a woman in a game? Yeah, incredible stuff. Can you imagine what what? Like? I imagine what it would actually be like to try to sneak a woman character in a game you're making for a corporation that's paying for you to make that game, Like all of the moving parts you would need to do to make it to pull that off, And then imagine thinking that's possible, saying it out loud for everybody.
Speaker 2: Those one thing saying it because the person that said it and Noy believes that of course are lying. But the people that believed it get like that there's something that there's some people that do the graph that keep it to just the believable enough right.
Speaker 1: It's like line Steppers, Lind Steppers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, law, people could be seeing this sounds plausible, but when you're getting to the point, but it's like setting, they're like, oh, my fucking god, what have we done? I believe this ghost of where's ghost of Sushima? That I signed off on a document that said ghost of Sushima too featuring mine? What is this? We were misled? Jeff?
Speaker 1: We yes? Were we mislead? Say? Yeah, god, that was That's that's always a plan in my head too that That's actually what I always have to remember is the people that signed the grums petitions or whatever, and the videos they posted in themselves, and this was just not the top class of society, uh. In those videos, some some not some real great thinkers among their ranks, and it's just like, oh, these are the people that would believe that Hiroki Totkey was caught off guard by a woman in a video game. All right, Newpoole question, what do you prefer single play games or multiplayer games? We will get the results of that on Game Mess Mornings here on Giant Bomb on Monday. Yes, I should be here from Monday, although I'm going to a baseball game that afternoon. Speaking a Giant Bomb though, BCR is happening at ten am Pacific time one pm Eastern, so in about an hour ish we'll be going live with that. We're gonna talk about Silent Hill too. Jan's been playing, Dan has played. I got some questions, gonna ask the boys some of that stuff. We'll get that going and then upf at noonish Pacific time three pm Eastern, we are gonna probably build a bridge. We are probably gonna we talked about Pico Park two building bridges out of human beings. And then then we saw that Worms Are Armageddon got updated and got released. But we'll mu just to play the PC version, so we might do Worms and that'll be our demo data. End the week. Well, we'll see. We got some stuff that we could be doing. It'll be unprofessional, I can guarantee you that. In the meantime, though, Jordan Midler, thank you so much. Hanging out with me today and talk about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Of course, is our long national nightmare over is one tomorrow? Who's saying returning next week? Is that the case?
Speaker 1: I think he is supposed to return next week? Our returning champion will come back from his crusades a victor reverse crusades. And let's see anything else I should mention, No, just if you're watching live, hang around, we'll have more stuff. Like I said, about fifty five minutes to an hour. All right, thank you everybody for watching. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye. Even thanks thanks for listening as well.