Speaker 1: With a round segle and from London and Gerard read from Berlin.
Speaker 2: This is redefining.
Speaker 3: Energy Today on really find Energy Job, we're going to talk about solar and especially an extraordinary conversation you had with Anaconde of PVK. So can you give us a bit of a context?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what sort of PV case is one of the world's leading software.
Speaker 5: Platforms for anyone who's designing.
Speaker 4: Large scale PV systems, and they have a podcast they invited me to come on, and really the whole teases for me is that going forward, the economic core of the future power system is solar and storage. And the reason for this is just because of cost simpler ast that it's just solar. We've never seen an electricity production technology as cheap as it. And also it can be put anywhere and add a bit of storage into that and you can do a huge amount. And actually i'd make a point as well, ple really you just can't block it because we're moving into a world of plug and play solar, and plug and play solar really means I put up my back garden, I plug it into a socket and put a battery beside it, and I've got a small power plant and guess what, My utility hasn't a clue on what's going on, My grid operator hasn't a clue what's going on.
Speaker 5: That's a no European perspective.
Speaker 4: But if I go to the global South, my god, how you're going to revolutionize the world by being able to put these systems in.
Speaker 6: It's incredibly exciting.
Speaker 3: So let's listen to your conversation with Annaconde. But first of all, from my partner, A.
Speaker 1: B Loco Energy is Europe's premier leaser of ten foot container mobile batteries built in Europe with COTL best LFP cells. A Bloco Energy serves fourteen European countries, including France, Germany and the UK. Our Blocko's batteries can be leased for any duration between six weeks and six years, and they are monitored by the Dutch award winning platform school a block Over Energy. Make your life easier, make your business more flexible.
Speaker 2: Back to the show, Gerard, welcome to our show.
Speaker 5: My pleasure looking forward to You really do.
Speaker 2: Bring a very perspective and I'm very excited to dive into what energy transition looks like when you zoom out and connect the dots. You've been quite open about the fact that you were initially skeptical of solder. What were you skeptical about and what ultimately changed your mind.
Speaker 6: What I was.
Speaker 5: Skeptical about really was the ability to get costs down quickly.
Speaker 6: And where I was.
Speaker 5: Coming from this this is twenty years ago. We've actually had solar panels for over fifty years, but sort of nothing happened in the space and I just didn't really see a path. When I went to see a solar factory in Berlin twenty years ago, I really just didn't see the ability to be able to get the cost down. But I didn't understand what was going on. If I'd be really honest. What I saw was a group of people who were making modules and they were doing this by hand, and I just thought this is a joke. So that's where I was coming from. Now, I was thankfully able to listen to people who knew more than I did and convince me otherwise. And here we are twenty years later, and it really is the lowest cost form. I might even just save an electricity of energy out there. You're just not going to get anything lower cost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting and Honestly, I think it sounds like that evolution sort of mirrors what we've seen across finance more Brady, there's early doubt that is followed by a rapid reassessment once the data becomes a little bit more impossible to ignore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I go back, and if you look at the history of SOLO, we talk about a solar coaster, as in a roller coaster. It's up, down, up, down a scene. I don't have any updown cycle to seen at this point down, but maybe this is every three or four years you have another upcycle or another down cycle. Now, the good news today is SOLDO is in a much more sustainable position than it's ever been because it's costs us solow And also what's increasingly happening is you we do have facilitating technologies alongside it. For me, the facilitating technologies with batteries, power electronics, stuff like this that just make it much easier to integrate solar into a wider system. So that's sort of why it's in a much better position than it's ever been.
Speaker 2: Really, and at some point you also shifted from seeing solar as a niche solution to calling it the bedrock of the future energy system. What was the moment or realization that led you to that shift.
Speaker 5: Well, the bedrock really is what's your foundation of an energy system. If we really look globally today, the foundation of our energy system.
Speaker 6: Is really oil.
Speaker 5: And what actually happens is every time you have an industrial revolution, you do have a new form of energy that takes over. So you had the first industrial revolution, we really moved from wood to coal, okay, but then around alongside coal you had the steam engine, and then we had an internal combustion engine. Obviously it needed oil. And now what we've got is electrification and an AI I would say, at this point in time, digitalization, all our tech anologies need electricity, don't They don't need oil. So that's the big shift. But the other other shift is it's the lowest cost form of producing a usable form of energy. And that's the key difference because you can't stop that. Because the other thing that's really interesting for me about solar is the fact that you can use it anywhere. And of course you can say, oh my god, well we don't have a lot of sun in northern Europe. Yeah, so what talk to the plants in the back garden or your front garden about that.
Speaker 6: They go, listen, we're quite happy.
Speaker 5: We survived with this, you know, son Ony being here whatever it is eight hours a day in winter. So I don't take that argument because I just think what happens is you adapt. It's all about low cost and flexibility. That's what solar has.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yeah, it's funny how quickly that perception changed, and almost before many people even realized it was happening. The costs feel faster than almost anyone had forecasted deployment scale globally, and then suddenly solar wasn't just a technology story, it was a system story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I want to say I only think we're at the beginnings of that system story because if I take let's called the Western world.
Speaker 6: North America, Europe.
Speaker 5: What we've got there is you're replacing an old system that's more difficult. But okay, if I got a Pakistan, I'm not replacing an old system. What I'm doing is I'm bringing power to my people, and you can't stop it in that environment. Because people want to have a better life and a better life for your kids means you need to have electricity and you need to have internet. They are the basic things you want if you want your kids.
Speaker 6: To lip so, guess what you do. You've got to put solar on your rooftop.
Speaker 5: And even if you've only have electricity for eight hours a day, it's better than zero, right, And if you add batteries in there, it goes. So I think, really the big story of solars only starting, but it's a different story. It is creating an energy system where solar is the betrol I agree.
Speaker 2: And how has your background and investment, banking and capital markets shaped how you look at the energy tancision compared to say from a purely technical or policy lens.
Speaker 5: Okay, so if you're a scientist or an engineer, what you're interested in is physics, and you're interested in efficiencies, and you're looking at it from a first principle point of view as a finance person. But for me, it's economics. Does it make economic sense? Because if the physics is great and the economics makes no sense, it ain't going to scale. So I really look at the economics of stuff. That's what I really really focus on. And every single technology I always think, does this make economic sense? Or could this in the future make economic sense? And I think that's the key thing that you focus on. Just keep focus on the economics, economics, economics. So I give you a very practical example. If I take the case of hydrogen green hydrogen, it's really difficult for that to compete in a market with brown hydrogen, right, it's very difficult. Maybe it isn't it even extra impossible? And you sort of argue, Okay, do we really need to do that? Are people really willing to pay for that? They are questions that I ask, And that means that I'm constantly focusing on what's the best economic decision. That's what I'm trying to do in everything that I'm looking at. Don't necessarily get it right all the time, because again, you're looking at the future all the time. But I think a lot of people don't do that. What they do is they get carried away with a story and stories maybe how you get some capital.
Speaker 6: In the door.
Speaker 5: But stories are not how you create the future. You create the future by really bringing something at low cost to market.
Speaker 6: That's how you create the future.
Speaker 2: I really like that for I mean, because capital, in the end has a way of revealing the truth. Money moves towards what scales and away from what doesn't. And you've mentioned solar and batteries before, so when you talk about this energy revolution, now we really talk about solar alone. It's really solid plus batteries. Why is this parents critical these days?
Speaker 5: So, first and foremost, storage has always been a critical part of our energy system, and we just let's start with the basics of how we live our life every day. The most important storage device I have is probably my fridge. Okay, that's what I'm doing and keeping my food there, of which.
Speaker 6: I use every day.
Speaker 5: But if you go beyond that, in the fossil fuel world, we've got massive amounts of story that we've built up over the last hundred years. Right, We've got oil tanks, we've got gas tanks, we've got oil tankers that transport that. So we've got massive capability to do so. So storage is to all of us as clear. Storage is a clear part of the energy system. Electricity is slightly different. There's not a huge amount of electricity storage out there because what you have to do is you have to take that electricity and convert it into another form of energy.
Speaker 6: So you know, you push it up.
Speaker 5: Water and bring it back down as pumped hydro or something, and we realize in the past probably easier just to rely on the fossil fuel storage. In other words, what you do is when you need more electricity, you take that coal in the bunker and you burn more of it. That's sort of what we've been doing. But in a world of renewables, where renewables is so low cost and where you know, the reality is because it makes so much economic sense for people to put more and more solar in the system, whether it be in the home or whatever it is, you then have periods of excess. Then you go, what's the most efficient and cost effective way to do it. Let's use a battery, and that's that's the reality of it. You know, you could put it up the wall, you could put it up a mountain, or you could do something like that, but it's more expensive and you've got inefficiencies in terms of the efficiency.
Speaker 6: The losses that you have are higher, and.
Speaker 5: In particularly in the case of lithium ion lithie iron is. I do use the story that nothing happened in batteries between probably nineteen hundred in about twenty ten, and then we have litiumine and obviously LiTi mine is in every device that we have as a lithium ion battery in it, and they're getting.
Speaker 6: Better and better.
Speaker 5: And also then we've also got new forms of batteries which are lower cost, higher performance coming our way as well, so that battery revolution continues. But the thing that really lends itself to batteries with solar is the fact that every day the sun goes up and the sun goes down, and when it's down, that means you always have potential to actually use any excess that you've saved to the time when the sun is not there, so you can do this one. You can bank on this every day. Let me contrast that with say wind or hydro wind. You have no idea what's going to happen, because what often happens is wind comes comes in fronts, and these fronts could be richy for two or three days. So that means is I go and go, hey, I'm going to take this storage, I'm going to save it for night.
Speaker 6: It don't work wind because you might have to save it.
Speaker 5: For three days. Now, that's okay, you save it for three days, but with solar, it's much easier. You save it until it's dark. The exact same thing you would also say with hydro as well, you use hydro as well, the same thing you say again, going to save it. You could do that, but there are better ways of doing it, what I would say. So that's why I say it really does lend itself to solar as opposed to other technologies.
Speaker 6: That's what I would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think this distinction matters a lot, especially when people still talk about these technologies as if there are optional add ons. Really, with solar without storage you have generation, but solar with batters you do have like a real infrastructure exactly exactly. Now, you often emphasize the need for us stemic view of indergy transition. Can you unpack what that really means and why focusing on one technology in isolation can be misleading?
Speaker 5: Yes, what you have is don't forget again. I'm going to come back to the Western world, because the Western world, what we've got is a whole pile of technologies that are used out there in the system. So you've got fossil fuels, we already have electricity, and I'm sort of saying, well, the future is based on solar. Then the question is how do you get there? And should you get there? And doesn't make economic sense. And what we end up doing is we make changes all across this system and we just make it more and more complex. And what this mean is we end up with unforeseen consequences, and even when we do see the consequences, we don't act. So I give you a very simple example, the Spanish blackout that took place last year. Every grid operator in Europe has been talking about really behind the scenes that we would have this type of event. Some have been preparing for it and some haven't. The Spanish have not been. Let's be really clear on that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: That is a criticism of the Spanish great operator and the regulator. But the point is we know what's going on. And I can go on and on and give you a really simple example. I'm in Ireland today and if I go back twelve months ago, Ireland had a storm that came in and a large power of West Ireland lost power for whatever it was a day and a half. Some people lost it for much more than that, and it's like shock horror. Ireland had a storm. I go We've always had storms number one and number two. All the climate models have been saying for fifteen years that the storms in Ireland would get more severe, so it didn't prepare. That's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about even where there were consequences that we could foresee, the powers that we haven't made the changes that need to be made, then we talk about unforeseen conc foreseeen is something you just could predict. So give you a very very practical example of that. We had a whole series of nuclear power plants in France last summer that had to close because of jellyfish. Now you go, what the hell are jellyfish doing? What jellyfish were doing was they were congregating in and around the water inlets for cooling the plants. Okay, now why am I saying that? Well, the reason jellyfish are there is because the waters are getting warmer. And again, unforeseen something. There's so many unforeseen consequences. So the only way you can really think about this is, I think, is to really think of this at a very very systematic level. And the systematic level is where do we want to go? Is the first question? Where do we want to go? And then the question is what's the best way to get there? From both an economic and a society a point of view? And I don't see this anywhere in the world. What you've got is regulators saying one thing, government's saying another, and this, you know, and it's being pulled in every different direction. And as I said, it just gets more and more complex. And this is not helpful to producing a low cost energy system is suitable for our future. That's where I come from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's really a helpful way of thinking about it, because we're often debating about pieces of the puzzle without really stepping back to look at the whole picture. And we could really say that we don't have a technology problem, what we have is a coordination problem exactly.
Speaker 5: That's a good way I put the coordination problem. I know it's difficult to coordinate all the different parties, but i'd also call, like, let let's take in the case of Europe, if you really want to go and move forward. So I think what you have to sort of put together is I call it a Future Energies Commission that really has keith and that can actually go and put in that can make change happen across you. Now that's maybe a pipe dream for me. But I'm going back to what I briefly said earlier. Around was we're in an industrial revolution, and this is probably the biggest industrial revolution the history of mankind, and that industrial levelation is AI and electricity. And so you could do two things. You can become a luddite and you can block all of this, but good luck to you on that, because what you're doing is you're putting all of us in the future into a very economically weak situation. So then the question is what to do. That's where I'm coming from, and I'm thinking about this, and by the way, I spend an awful lot of my time really thinking about AI and what it does and what it doesn't do, because it's the speed of change in that area is just so quick and it's not going to slow down. So that's where I'm coming from all this. This industrial revolution is quicker than any industrial revolution we've ever seen. The first steam coal revolution took one hundred and fifty years. The automobile revolution maybe it took fifty years. This is not going to take fifty years. This is a ten year revolution.
Speaker 2: But somehow, for me, the irony is striking because we have cleaner, cheaper technologies available, but then crisis planning still sort of default. The twentieth century. Now, you mentioned the power outage in Spain. I know Berlin hats martages a couple of weeks ago. Boulder, Colorado also had some. So what do these moments really tell us about resilience.
Speaker 5: I'm going to just say they're warning signs to all of us, okay, and we have to heed these warnings. So, and I give a very practical example of this. There have been attacks, physical attacks on transformers in the United States.
Speaker 6: And what do the United States do. All the states get.
Speaker 5: Together, all the energy regulators, all the utilities, and they say, okay, we need to support each other if there's an attack on one of these pieces of critical infrastructure. That means they have strategies in place in case there's an attack on one of these piece of critical infrastructure. There's nothing like that in place in Europe. Okay, And I'm going to say totally unacceptable. Totally unacceptable, because the issue is the risks if something goes wrong are just so big because society will, as we know it, in a major city collapse if you don't have power for three days. That's the reality of the world we live in. So accept this, don't run away from it, except for it, and then you have to go and change your approach to how you run that system, because then you go and say, Okay, what are the risks in this system? What are the major ones?
Speaker 6: And how do.
Speaker 5: I deal with those risks? If a horrendous event takes place, what do I do? How do I react? And how do I get the system back running as quickly as possible?
Speaker 6: Okay? That's it.
Speaker 5: Have these open conversations, And by the way, that's also systemic thinking, because that requires people to be really open and honest about this and rather than hiding the threads and the weaknesses of the system as it is.
Speaker 6: You know, That's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 5: So the last thing I'd say if I said to you today I was running my businesses with faxes, you would break out laugh and you go, what are you talking about? And I go, Okay, I can tell you the names and many grid operators that are still using taxes, and they'll turn around and they'll say it's more secure.
Speaker 6: Yeah a bit.
Speaker 5: So isn't it for the world that we're in a present where you know, electricity is moving base at the speed of light and you're telling me you're waiting for your facts before you make a decision. I mean, come on, this is a joke. And if there's a grid operator here listening, there will be cringing on, Oh my god, how dare you say this? He's not even an engineer. I mean, I go listen if you're an engineer, shows that you're an engineer and actually improve the situation and really come out there and deal with the risks around what you're doing for a job every day.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of talk about microgrids and distributed generation as a way forward. How important do you think this is for decentralization to build real resilience.
Speaker 5: Anybody who's in the system's theory area will tell you that the best form of systems are decentralized. That's the reality of it. If you have a centralized system with just a small number of connections, well that's a pretty weak system. So the more redundancy you can have in the system, the better. But redundancy also it's about this whole idea I would say of being able to island the system and island for me is if the power system in Norway goes out, that would be felt across Europe. Okay, because we're all connected in together, so it goes out. But then the question is can Sweden protect itself from that? Can Denmark protect itself of that? Let's go back to the Spanish situation. Portugal was not able to island eye. It's great when they had problems in Spain. Okay, So that's not very resilient either from the Portuguese. So the question is what can you do in these extreme situations to make sure that these systems stay stable? And I said this at a national level, but then well what happens at the local level as well. So if you take the case of Berlin, obviously part of Berlin, one cable in West Berlin is taken out and there's no power in that region.
Speaker 6: For five days.
Speaker 5: That ain't very resilient because you have to ask, quote, why did that region not have another cable coming in that's got to supply the power, or if you knew about that one cable coming in and hand the importance, But then the question is why would you not put a battery in there to deal with it, to make sure that if something happens, you still have backup power or whatever it is there in cage or by the way you protect that cable you keep a camera on it because you know it's your weak point.
Speaker 6: Because the reality is there's.
Speaker 5: A pile of websites out there where I can go in and I can go and look at the distribution transmission grids, the gas grids, I can look at critical infrastructure and I can see exactly where things are. That's the reality. So let's face reality. There are people out there, bad actors, and they go in and do and see all this. So that's the world we're in. You have to deal with that, okay, And again it goes back to the reality is that you can't do it electricity. And by the way, that's only a minor situation. I would say it's a part of Berlin one hundred thousand people without electricity. That's not three million people in Berlin with electricity for three days or five days in the winter. Then you'd see what would happen. Right then you'd have the German government.
Speaker 2: Falling, you would have exactly exactly. Yeah, it all comes down to just those islands and just making sure that everything is a little bit more intelligently connected.
Speaker 6: Good way partners absolutely.
Speaker 2: I guess from a financial market perspective, what are the biggest risks and opportunities in solar storage and clean energy today.
Speaker 5: From your point of view, let's start with the risk, so get the bad news out of the way. The biggest risk is the fact that we've got in regions across the world. Again, I could take the case of Pakistan, I could take the pace of Europe, take the case of Texas. You have periods of the day too much electricity in the system, and the too much electricity in the system means that prices collapse down to zero or they might even know minus. In that type of environment. If I got a solar system and I'm hoping to get thirty euros for forty euros first and get zero, then I've got it in trouble. So i might eat it the lowest cost form of electricity generation, but nobody wants my electricity on a June day at twelve o'clock. That's the biggest risk, is that what we're really seeing is this, By the way, let's talk about the first phase of renewables was build, build, build to replace fossil fuels. Okay, that was fine, and we subsidized this, that and the other.
Speaker 6: But the next phase is not about that.
Speaker 5: The next phase is about producing low cost electricity for people. And don't get me wrong, solar and all these are a very big part of that. But the business model is going to change. So just take the case of say solar, you're definitely going to see more behind the meter, you know, in other words, at home, in our businesses, on our rooftops, in our gardens, and you connect them with a battery, okay, in with storage.
Speaker 6: You can see this very very very clearly. That's where we're going. I can see if you.
Speaker 5: Take large scales the same things. You could say, we can have the German government or whichever government is financing us to build more and more solar, and you go, well, why would you finance someone to build more of something when the.
Speaker 6: Price is going to be zero?
Speaker 5: So that requires us to that you stop subsidizing, or actually you change the way the market works. In other words, enable the customer to benefit from the fact that there's a load of solar on a sunny day every weekend and allow them benefit. And how do you do this? Think radically about it. If you look what's going on in Australia, what are they going to do? They're going to give away electricity when there's too much solar in the system. So why would we not say to our industry across Europe, Guys, every weekend, you've got free electricity during the day. Okay, it's either that or you have too much of it and you pay someone to take it.
Speaker 6: You know, you curtail it. I think we need to be creative in.
Speaker 5: Our solutions in and around this. This We have to rather than over regulating it, just be a little bit more afraidive.
Speaker 6: I go back to.
Speaker 5: The risk is financing solar and renewables is now more difficult than what it was because you don't have this long term PPA call it a feed in tariff or whatever it is. You don't have that in place anymore. There's something else there and this requires everybody in the industry to change because this is called growing up, growing up and maturing. So that's what's going on.
Speaker 6: That's the risk.
Speaker 5: If you ask me, what's the opportunity, The real opportunity again is how do you integrate storage and other forms of generation in and around solar. That's really the thing that I really think about in a different way. And again I'm going to start with solar because it's the lowest cosse pump and it's the one that you can't block. I can block off show win by just saying no to it.
Speaker 6: You're not going to be at a block solar.
Speaker 5: Because that customer who generates electricity at ten cents using solar on the rooftop is going to keep doing it because guess what the electricity in the grid is thirty Because be really clear, that's why we can't block it. Then we've got balcony solar and the whole part of stuff so plug and soap lave solar is there.
Speaker 6: So you can't block this.
Speaker 5: That's the most exciting.
Speaker 6: Thing in and around this.
Speaker 5: And it also means that, let me call it, the optimization of these assets is really important. What I mean by that is trading the assets. These assets are solar assets going to be around for forty years. Okay, so I have a power purchase agreement for eight years, Well what do why do you have to year eight? There's a whole part of creativity that's needed in and around what you do with this going forward, and that is the area where I think is very exciting and ultimately I do think the future this is going to be a large part in developing countries. So I'm going to go and talk about the Global South, unbelieve what's going there, Or just take Australia in terms of their whole system is being turned upside down because the customer wants solar because.
Speaker 6: It is cheap.
Speaker 5: That's sort of way you have to look at if you want to get an understanding of what's happening or what's not happening in this space.
Speaker 2: That's really a great point. It's often not the technology that trips people up, but it's all of the assumptions around it. Now, if you could change one major thing, and let's say policy, market design, regulation, to accelerate the transition, what would it be.
Speaker 5: I would enable the system to be flexible. And what I mean by flexible is that we need to get the customers involved in this energy transition in a much more active way than they are at present now. It doesn't mean that the customer has to decide, oh good, look the power price is low, I'm gott to switch off my refrigerator and I got to put on my air. That's not what I mean. It's enabling that so that what can happen is an energy service customer can can come in to you and do this for you and manage it and can do it as an energy as a service type thing. All this that's the really really interesting thing is is to enable that. What does that mean to enable flexibility? Well, that means to be able to allow storage into the system as quickly as possible right across it. Secondly, to remove all barriers in and around solar and generation generally in the home. Make sure you have smart meat in place to enable this. And then basically to allow aggregators to be able to take this demand and energy and use it in the different way. And I forgot as well, it's very important to be using electric cars. I've got these one hundred kill what our batteries just sitting there, so use them? How can we use them? You should be using them for backup power. So okay, you know you have a blackout. Guess what you've got your car? You can plug in brilliant. Okay, you can use it in the power system. Do smart charging enabling all of this smartness, particularly the demand side, and to do this almost without the customer knowing. And I will give a vision of the future for me. Every device in our homes in the next year is will have a battery in it. The reason they'll have a battery in it is because it makes economic sense. Now, what's really interesting is if you look at the white good manufacturers already I'm talking Samsung, Ergy, Panasonic, what do.
Speaker 6: They do as well? Guess what they do batteries.
Speaker 5: It's very obvious that they put into device that. I mean, you think of a smart TV today, Samson's smart TV today. I have control of that. I can do different things with it. You can see where I'm coming from. More devices. Instead of them selling you a refrigerator, they said you was cooling as a service. They say, okay, don't buy the refrigerator for me. What you do is you pay ten euros a month. And by the way, you might laugh and go, oh, there's no way you're going to do that. Well, okay, I can go back and say to here, that's what we do with mobile phones. Sorry, right, And you could maybe say twenty years ago we wouldn't have done it, but we do. Of us models is what people are understand and it makes sense to them. And then what happens is I'm just making sure it's all working for me and I don't need to think about it.
Speaker 6: So that means you've.
Speaker 5: Got a whole pile of actors that are able with their devices and their services to make sure that the customer is involved in being part of the solution, in and around making sure that we electrify in a low cost efficient way. That's where we're going from.
Speaker 6: And by the way, you have resilience in the system when you do that.
Speaker 2: I really couldn't agree more. I think sometimes progress is and about inventing something new. It's more about removing the friction, so, as you say, just making things a little easier.
Speaker 6: Agreed.
Speaker 2: This has really been a powerful conversation, not just about solar storage, but about how the entire energy system is being written in real time. The takeaway for me is clear, the transition is moving faster than most institutions are prepared for, and the winners will be those who understand the system and not just the technology.
Speaker 6: It's a good way to end that. I agree with you, Na absolutely.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing your perspective and challenging us to think bigger.
Speaker 5: I suppose around in conclusion, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 6: You know you listen to it.
Speaker 5: Do you think I'm being completely stark rating mad or what's your thoughts.
Speaker 3: My thoughts are you are right below the Fortiers parallel. Above you have the season win is going to be much more important, So below the fortio sparallel. I'm with you, but it's not going to work for northern Europe, northern US.
Speaker 6: So yes, I no, yeah, you talk to me.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you're blessed by history and sometimes you're cursed.
Speaker 4: So I think the global South is blessed and the global North is.
Speaker 6: Probably be cursed. Right, but we'll finish with a song. Very good, very good, good, Okay, John, talk to you next week. Welcome forward to us.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Redefining Energy.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to rate the show and subscribe on Apple, Podcast, Spotify, or the platform of your choice.