Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim KYMK, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck Playoff Edition. I hope you're well on this Saturday afternoon early evening. After a ninety four win season and yet another NL West Divisional title, your Los Angeles Dodgers now start the postseason with I set on a World Series championship. But to get there, you have to win eleven games in the month of October, and that starts in the National League Divisional Series tonight, Game one of this best of five series against the San Diego Padres. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. As we get you ready for first pitch, you're gonna hear it from the manager himself. Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this game one pitchy matchup. David Vase sits down and goes one on one with Max Munty. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up shortly we'll check in with Kirsten Watson. You're Otani rerund the latest on Clayton Kershaw, who is not on the postseason roster and is done for the twenty twenty four season. In just a couple of minutes, we'll head out to the Galpamotors broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. So here we are Dodgers Padres and the NLDS. A matchup baseball fans we're hoping we get in October, and here we are. It wasn't easy though, getting to this part of the season. The last couple of years, the Dodgers have clinched early and often, but this year the Dodgers didn't win the division until the final week of the regular season. Expectations, certainly coming into twenty twenty four were at their highest an all star roster, with additions to this roster like tay Oscar Hernandez in free agency, signing a young Japanese right handed by the name of Yoshinobu Yamamoto, and then of course, the signing of showy Otani.
Speaker 3: Here's Otani with two on and one out. Hey slice the first pitch pits it into the left center field gap. That's a base hit. Here's Luck's coming around third. He'll score standing it is five to two, as show Hey, O'tani comes up with his first run betted in as a.
Speaker 2: Dodger opening Day in South Korea. How can you forget his first RBI as a member of the Dodgers. That is the top tier play of the game, sponsored by Arco quality, top tier gas for less than the offensive production was just getting going. Show Hey would have a historic season part of the fifty to fifty club. In fact, you only member now of the fifty to fifty club. Mookie Betts battled through a broken hand that saw him miss almost two months of the season. Despite that, he had a really good season. Freddie Freeman twenty two home runs, eighty nine runs driven in. Another free agent signing, had a career season in Taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: First pitch to ti Oscar has drilled the left center field way.
Speaker 4: Beck In got a.
Speaker 3: Run task Nan, there's a free run shot and the Dodgers lead at eight to two.
Speaker 4: For Tioscar a career high.
Speaker 3: Home run number thirty three, and he's got ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Runs batting in on the season.
Speaker 3: What a shot for Tioscar Hernandez. It traveled four hundred and twenty nine feet.
Speaker 2: Taoscar Hernanda is a breath of fresh air for this Dodgers team, presented by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner. The service is more than just a solution, the breath of fresh air. From the moment you call to the completion of your project, A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price. Dodgers pitching grinded through multiple injuries both in the rotation and in the bullpen throughout the season. Despite all that, here they are. You're NL West Divisional champs, the most wins in baseball during the regular season, and tonight the postseason run begins. It's one of the National League Divisional Series. Dodgers and Padres. First pitch coming up in five thirty eight and with more. We head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, all right, Tim here with Rick Monday, we are jacked up for Game one of the National League Division Series the Dodgers and Padres. Just as we thought it might be a couple of weeks ago, Mo when these two teams class year Dodgers stating with the division on the line, it should be.
Speaker 1: This way as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the third postseason meeting last five years.
Speaker 6: See it. I don't know how you woke up this morning. I woke up just as you really have early, so did I before the alarm went off. But that little pit my stomach. And the reason is this is postseason. It's a different animal, a different taste, a different flavor, And this is really something I think the biggest thing is when you wind up, whether you're on the baseball field or you have to deliver a speech to someone, or are you doing something as out of the ordinary and maybe in front of a crowd, and he has a little fight that feeling inside. The biggest thing is learning how to control that into a positive stance. And that's the same thing that's we're going to witness tune from both sides of the field, from the Dodgers and of the Pondres. Who heard Mike Schildt, the manager of the Pondres, talk a little bit earlier about the veteran leadership, the guys that have gone through this stage earlier. The biggest problem that you run into, at least that I observed in playing, and then all the championships we've seen in the past, there's a tendency to want to speed things up. You can't strike out a batter with just one pitch, it takes at least three. You can't hit a three run home run if nobody's on base. There's a tendency to want to speed things up. You have to the ball come to you as a hitter before you can hit it, same way as as a fielder. You have to let the ball come to you. It sounds very elementary, but things get really out of whack because of the emotion, because these guys have dreamed many times are trying to get to and win a world championship since there were a kid in there.
Speaker 5: And hopefully the fact that the Dodgers have a ton of guys on the roster with a ton of postseason games played should help them navigate those nerves and emotions. And keep in mind, folks, when you feel those butterflies, that means you're in the right spot. That means you're doing something that you care about, and obviously all these players do. Now I talk about the Dodgers postseasonson experience, there is zero Major League Baseball postseason experience for two prominent players snipe for the Dodgers, that is shohe Otani leading off and then as Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound and MO, I think you can understand the logic and the reasoning why the Dodgers flipped he and Jack Flaherty just because of the rest and how Jack could go on regular west and all those things. But now that Yamamoto is starting this game one, I don't think there's a more important zero in any inning than this first inning tonight for him, given what happened in Seoul when he started his major league campaign against these Padres. The top of the first inning zero, to me is the only thing that I care about.
Speaker 6: I think it's exaggerating. I think it's an excellent point. Did you bring up and trying to avoid for everyone at the ballpark tonight to not have to think to themselves early in the game, oh no, here we go again. And that's one of the problems that you have is that you know, the Dodgers have some come from behind victories during the regular season, there's nothing regular about postseason play. And the other thing that we don't really know Freddie Freeman, who missed the last number of games, Well, he's in the lineup tonight. The question is how long does he stand that lineup, what's the range that he has defensively, and how much does it affect him in the batter's box as a hitter.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman had talked about it during Friday's media availability before the NLDS. This is a four to six week il stint that he is trying to squeeze into a week and a half worth of treatment and rest granted, Freddy Freeman on one leg, better than a really good hell of a lot of major leaguers, that is for sure. So hopefully you can help the Dodgers get this NLDS off on the right foot. Game one, Yoshinoba Yamamoto and Dldon Cees coming up shortly.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one. Thank you, Steven As we can't you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order here. Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos right now Shaky's dot Com. All right, coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vassi is gonna check in. He's got the latest on Clayton Kershaw, who spoke to the media just a few minutes ago. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next, So your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. It's all coming up as we lead you up to Game one of the Nationally Divisional Series Dodgers Padres. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Not one.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres Game one of the n l DS. Yoshinoba Yamamoto and Dylan Cees. The pinching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers. Coming up first pitch of five thirty eight.
Speaker 7: This is the Otani three Why three and one to Otani Rogers set the pitch swe hot and trilled.
Speaker 4: Deep right faield.
Speaker 3: There it is the first hot runners of Los Angeles.
Speaker 8: Dodger for show hal Tony and it's five to three.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Posha too, Old Tony.
Speaker 2: High five ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track, series at.
Speaker 4: The wall fits. It is done and it is over.
Speaker 1: Shoe hel O.
Speaker 2: Tani joins the forty forty club in the most grand fashions. Hey war, the food, slim.
Speaker 4: And the pitch.
Speaker 6: Coming to show. Hey old Tony.
Speaker 4: Hey swings hits a tractor left. This ball's back there, last number fifty.
Speaker 3: The first player in the history of Major League Baseball to have a fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 4: He is incredible. Show hey old Towney.
Speaker 9: With an opposite field home run fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: What a season for show?
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani his first in a Dodger uniform. Speaking of first, this is his first postseason appearance. He's never made it here in the six seasons he's been in Anaheim. And he was asked, is he nervous?
Speaker 6: Are you nervous at all for just playing in the postseason for the first time.
Speaker 2: I don't need a translator there. He is not nervous. The Otani rewind brought to you by etoins Oocha, Japan's number one greens La Tea that show Hey on Tani Loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com. That's it t O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirsten now joins us before game one of this n l DS. The excitement at Dodgers Stadium, it is already building as we get close to the first pitch Kirsten and it's Yoshinobu. Ya'ma modol on the mountain tonight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is gonna be a fun when it's a great matchup with him and Dylan sees from the padres. But when it comes to Yoshinobu, you know they're putting him in this position. So it sets him up to be available for game five, so he would at least be on five day rest, so an extra day if he needs to be that option. And then with Jack Flaherty going tomorrow, he would be on four days regular rest if he was to take the start in game five, or if they were gonna piggyback them whatever they decide to do. Come then in that situation, but it allows for both of those guys to be available. But for Yoshinobu, we've seen him. You know, he did come off of relate in the season, so he's had four starts to close out the regular season, and he felt like with each one the mechanics and things were locking into where he would like to be. Dave Roberts is confident that he is built up, just prepared for the stress of the innings for what October baseball looks like. You know, it's not about getting deep into the game per se. It's about throwing as hard as you can for as long as you can and controlling your stuff. And so if he can have that command that we've been seeing from him, which has looked really good, and if he can have a performance similar to what we saw against the Yankees this summer, you know, that's what they're hoping to see from him today. But he's ready, he's excited. He's been a part of, not necessarily postseason games. It's obviously his first year in the league, but he's been a part of big games, whether it was with Team Japan and the World Baseball Classic, whether it was playing for the essentially the World Series of of playing for MPB. So there are different opportunities that he's been a part of, and so now they're looking forward to seeing him set the tone.
Speaker 2: And this one tonight, Hearson's brought to buy cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donated today. Your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a K, Freddie Freeman. The ankle's a go. He's a go.
Speaker 10: He's a go. He's in there, he's playing at first base, he's batting third. Everything that this team was hopeful for. Yesterday. Yesterday we saw him during practice and you know, it was kind of the final checklist for him. He was able to He started out doing is just some movement drills on the field of course of his grounders. Then he was running from home to first and then rounding the bases first to third. Didn't do it too any times, just a few here and there. But the fact that he was able to do that, the fact that he's been you know, he's not walking as gingerly anymore, like still maybe a slowern walk here and there. And Sony, he wasn't running at full speed yesterday. But he does feel really good just about you know, the adrenaline will kick in. He should be fine. There might be a few things and a few little hindrances in regard to if for if we do see the padres but the base all. You know, usually sometimes you see first base run in, depending on if it's going to the first base side, Dave and the team might decide to do something different in that situation, Lee Freddie at first and maybe put more asks upon the picture or second basement whomever to make some different moves in that situation. So we might be seeing a few different things. Maybe he's not moving over as much if they kind of want to shift him a little bit. So, but the biggest thing is he's in there and he feels good to go, and so hopefully he can be a part of that huge one two three punch. So I know that there's a little bit of pressure not necessarily on show, hey, but on two and three with Mooki and Freddy and wanting to see them have a really positive postseason run.
Speaker 2: Both of the Dodgers can get it done tonight, Kirsten in Game one, which is coming up here shortly, we appreciate it. We will hear from you postgame after this one is over. Still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatsago's one on one with Max Munci. I'm next, so we'll get your manager, Dave Roberts and his pregame thoughts. It's Game one of the n LDS Dodgers and Padres. First pitch at five thirty eight. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead up to first pitch, Game one of the NLDS Dodgers and Padres, Marongo Casino Resorting Spot, a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshanoba Yamamoto and Dylan sees the pitching matchup. First pitch set for five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 11: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts very excited. It seems like it's been a while. I think guys are really uh you know, ready to kind of rip the seams and just kind of get to playing baseball again. I think for me, I'm just looking for or to throw the first punch. I'm expecting a very lively crowd, and I'm expecting us to be ready for a fight. And I think that's you know, that's obviously in the context of playing a baseball game, but that's kind of the mindset that I expect from our guys.
Speaker 10: You guys have obviously seen Dylancy's very recently. When you think about just how you want to attack him, what did you like from the quality of at bats from the last series, and how do you hope to see your guys kind of have maybe a similar one or of sorts for today.
Speaker 11: I like the ed bats. It's really big stuff. It's a high velocity fastball. He can spin the baseball. I thought we got the pitch count up, you know. I think for for us, it's kind of scare him out of the strike zone, and I think that if we do that, it'll force all right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts down the dug out some of his pregame thoughts, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to at Service Titan help you be prepared Service Titan dot Com. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the David Veasse who talked with Clayton Kershaw, who is not on this postseason roster. We'll get the latest when we come back. As we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres Game one of the nld S, I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Dodgers and Padres Game one of the NLDS. Yel Chinobo Yamamoto and Dylan sees the pitching match up. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, what's the latest with Freddie Freeman. He's in the lineup, but there was some back and forth. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey, Number one, Tim Gates.
Speaker 8: We got the all time saves leader in Dodger franchise history. In the house right now, Kennley Jansen hanging out in our booth. Just say hi really quick, Kennley.
Speaker 10: What's going on.
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 4: He is Kennley Jansen. Man.
Speaker 8: He's wearing a black T shirt, but he still looks good. He looks like he's ready to go for the ninth inning and maybe a five out save. But technically he's a Dodger. He's a Red Sox until the end of the World Series right now, so I can't. I can't put him out on the mound yet. But hey, there's other players that have come back to the Dodgers like Keith Y Hernandez, so I would never rule out one day Kennley Jansen getting his five hundredth save in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 2: One day, that would be awesome. He certainly had his share of injuries throughout the years. DV Freddie Freeman's got the ankle. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, Freddie Freeman gave it another test today. We saw him run the bases yesterday. Was somewhat of a game time decision. Tony Gwinn Junior's in here too, very jealous of my favorite Dodger Knley Jansen and I.
Speaker 4: Are in our relationship.
Speaker 8: He's gonna be even sadder after the way the game goes tonight, I'll tell you that right now. But Freddie Freeman, Freddie Freeman is in the starting lineup. There was some questions during Dave Roberts press conference whether or not Freddie would be in the starting lineup.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers even went as far to have Max.
Speaker 8: Months He take throws from Keith k a Hernandez at third base, so they were prepared in case it wasn't going to work out for Freddy to be in the starting lineup. And look, everybody still doesn't know what they're going to get with Freddy today. So those two men are ready to do whatever they need to do. And if the Dodgers are in a situation late in the game where Freddy gets on bass and they need that run to score, I wouldn't rule out a pinch runner for Freddy Freeman in that situation.
Speaker 2: All right, David, appreciate it. We'll check back with you in just a little bit, Davis, Driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty. Clayton Kershaw not on the postseason roster. Clayton Kershaw announced just a little while ago to DV and the rest of the media he is shutting it down for the rest of the season. Disappointing to hear that. Certainly coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from maximum See we'll dive deeper into the night's pitching matchup of next. Oh your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Padres Game one of the NLDS is coming up. I'm sim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Padres Game one of the NLDS. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Dylan's Hest the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: I had about with a dog who wins the hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment Pitch. Magical Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, today's October fifth, twenty twenty four. We go back forty seven years to October fifth, nineteen seventy seven, Game two of the NLCS Dodgers in the Phillies. The Dodgers would win the game thanks to the bat of Dusty Baker.
Speaker 5: And Baker trying to put the Dodgers ahead one into the count.
Speaker 2: Hit well I left Fayel might be gone.
Speaker 4: Back to the wall.
Speaker 1: Then slam home run Dusty Baker.
Speaker 2: Would you believe to grand slam hummers by the Dodgers, and two nights and DoD sutting on the bench, mighty happy at the white dust. They got ahold of that one. The great Ross Porter on the call a grand slam from Dusty Baker in the fourth inning off Jen Lomborg to propel the Dodgers to a seven to one win in Game two of the NLCS forty seven years ago. Today this Hofey Magic, a moment brought to by Hofey Hot Talks, a SOCl treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffy Hot Talks. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday for leading up to first pitch Game one of the NLDS Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Now is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres. It's Game one of the NLDS. Yoshinoba Yamamoo, Dylan Seese the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five thirty eight. Todgers Baseball is brought you by then she handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game at Rouse and other local supermarkets near the counter, and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: All right, Rick, Game one of the NLDS.
Speaker 8: I have that World Series type of excitement for this matchup.
Speaker 4: How do you feel?
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, what is your World Series level of excitement?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: The epitome of the baseball world, the epicenter of the baseball world.
Speaker 4: Right, you're a Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Let me go back, Let me go back A little bit. How did you wake up this morning? I mean, and I say it over okay, yeah, well maybe a celibratory evening last night. But again, the reason I asked you how you woke up this morning is that I know that I woke up before the alarm that I had said. Because this is postseason, this is a different animal. I've talked about it for year in and year out. This is a totally different animal. It's a different flavor, it's a different feeling, and oh what a feeling it is. And some of these guys are going to go through at their very first time, and none bigger as far as the stage, although he went through it when he was in Japan. But you look at show, hey o Tani, You'll look at Yamamoto, who's going to start tonight. I mean, this is the biggest and brightest stage. And this is something that people dreamed about doing as kids growing up, whether it be in the backyard, whether it be on the playground, whatever it might be. This is a big, big deal, David. And there are a lot of teams that are already home watching and listening to what's going to happen here tonight and around other ballparks.
Speaker 8: In baseball, a lot of eyes are going to be on Freddy Freeman severely spraining his right ankle when they clinched against the Padres last week. How do you put into context what he may or may not be able to do tonight.
Speaker 6: We h had seen him on the field, but not able to see really how much range he hit. I think that's the biggest thing. I'm not certain off his just the ankle is the only thing that has bothered him. So we're going to find out. But it is good news, and I think Freddy Freeman is one of those players that as long as he can breathe, he's got a chance to be somehow in that lineup. Of course it's going to be David. Here's here's the deal. As we progress in this game, if it's a close game, does Freddy Freeman stay in that ballgame? Defensively I'm talking about offensive. We're going to find out how he swings the map, but defensively normally he's at the top rung of the ladder as far as doing that, But is his range limited to a point that they're going to say, hey, look we need to make a move because we've heard that Munsey may move from third to first, and then you'd have Kicky Hernanez going to third base. So we'll have to wait and see what's going to happen.
Speaker 8: Rick, I don't like to call this old school baseball. It's just smart baseball. When you have a first baseman that's dealing with a bad right ankle, don't you believe the Padres might try to test Freddy Freeman and make him feel this exactly?
Speaker 6: And they have some guys that lays the buns down, including right at the top of the order with the Luisa rise. They've got some other guys that have very good speed. It was interesting what we saw while the Dodgers are taking batting practice, is it Freeman was down at first base and taking some ground balls. Then he came in was talking to two trainers, a coach, the president of baseball operations, and the president of the ball club and had a brief conversation with him. Then goes around and shakes some hands. So from the outward appearance of what we're looking down and seeing and that we're remote and not talked to to Freeman, and we saw him also spend a little time with Dave Roberts after he had been on the field. This is really a developing story, not only for tonight, but I think for the series.
Speaker 4: No doubt, and maybe for the rest of October.
Speaker 8: Rick the Dodgers had their hands full with Dylan Cees tonight. What can you tell us about the Padres starting.
Speaker 6: To pinchel A couple of different things. I don't know if you're into frisbee golf or not.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a fat sport on it.
Speaker 6: In fact, he and his dad owned two frisbee golf golf courses. But here's the deal. The Dodgors have to figure out hit the slider because a couple of years ago Dylan Cease, who is going to the pitch tonight against the Dodgers, really got into poetry and he wrote a poem about his slider, and he wrote it two years ago. Let me read it to you. Okay, this is oh slider slide by Dylan Cease. Oh slider slide, OH slider slide past the Batsman. I send my slider to hide. Oh slider slide, OH slider slide past the Batsman. I send that round cow hide, OH slider slide, OH slider slide. A fortune stake on you least I overstride, OH slider, OH slider slide in the strike zone. Indeed, a win is implied, OH slider slider, OH slider slide. The humans can't believe my three thousand rpm and fastball ride, OH slider slide, OH slider slide. Your execution can earn you a bride, OH slider slide, OH slider slide. Even the backup triede O slider slider slide to the back foot of a lefty check swing and the ump is wrong. That is the poetry written by tonight's starting pitcher for the The Pandres. Dylan c said he wrote it two years ago. I have a feeling just listening and reading to this, you're gonna see some sliders, I think.
Speaker 4: So that's a great sky something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great, Scott, where's the last time you got a sky and report via a poem?
Speaker 4: I'm never okay, Thanks, Rick, we'll check back in with you.
Speaker 6: And Steven del Klass had it today.
Speaker 8: All right, great, we'll use that in the seventh inning stretch. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, that's an interesting poem, all right, Dodger fans and Hans you're listening and experience. Download that iHeartRadio app and listen in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck you will get a preview of this pitching match up Stephen Nelson Rick Monday. They'll be back before first pitch and get you the keys to the game. But up next to go high and tight. Max Mounsey Dodgers Padres Game one of the n LDS is coming up. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres Game one of the NLDS. Yoshinova Yamamoto on the Mound. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor. It's c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 8: It is high and tight it's Game one of the NLDS and we're joined right now by a Dodger that has certainly had his big moments in the postseason, and that is today's third baseman, Max Munsey. Max, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 9: Appreciate it always, David, always anything for you.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's appropriate that we're talking to you before the first postseason game this season because you have embraced this stage. What's it like being back out here again and having another opportunity at a World Series?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's always fun.
Speaker 9: This is this is why you play the game. And you know, a chance to play a first game at home in front of our fans in this stadium, you know, there's nothing better than that. This place is always electric. We love playing here. I've always loved playing here, and you know, I just it always has a different feel, especially in the postseason.
Speaker 8: You're a guy that's been around this ball club and has really been part of the fabric of the culture. How important is it for these group of Dodgers to not get too far ahead of yourselves.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, we have quite a few guys that haven't really experienced this yet on this team, and it's kind of fresh and it's kind of new for everybody, and you know, obviously the biggest one as our leadoff hitter. Yeah, you know, we're all really excited. And just as as the season kind of came to an end, it was you could definitely tell those guys that hadn't been here the energy they brought instead of bringing everyone else up a little bit. And I think you saw that during our last series against them. You know, just there was a ton of energy that we hadn't really had all year and it was a refreshing for us and it was something that we needed. And you know, it's been carrying over this whole week. We've had a really good week preparing and we've had really fun week preparing and you know it's hard to say that you have fun, but you know, we did get rewarded with a BUYE and that was something that we hadn't treated the last two years as was a reward. We were stressed out about it, trying to figure out what we wanted to do. So, you know, we approached it different this year, and we we were obviously very serious about our work and we actually probably got better work and than we had the last two years. While we're trying to have more fun.
Speaker 8: What was the biggest difference in preparation from the last two years to this year.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, we just did a lot of team events this year, you know, and that was something that me and Will and Mook and migiy Roe, we all put together that you know, we should have these watch parties after our workouts at the stadium, and you know, something we hadn't done before, and it was kind of just one of those things where it's like, you know, in the past, we've had these five days off and you know a lot of time you get to spend at home, and you know, when you're out here every single day as you as you know for eight months, when you include spring training, you're not used to being at home, and so when you're at home for five days, you know, it just kind of seeps in a little bit. And that's something that we try to change this year. We wanted to spend as much time as we could at the field, being together, being the boys, being a team, you know, just having fun team events, you know, doing things together as a group. And you know, we've definitely spent more time together these five days than we have in.
Speaker 8: The best Max you are one of the more confident guys, and you exude it, but respect your opponent. What's the balance between giving the Padres their due respect but not giving them too much respect and remembering, like Daniel Hudson did in New York, that you guys are still the Dodgers with the best record in baseball.
Speaker 9: Look, it's the postseason. There's no such thing as a bad team in the postseason. These guys are really good and that's really all you need to say about it. They're they're a really good team. But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And so that's where we're at right now. We had to go out there and play our game, and we do feel like we're the best team out here and we have to prove it. But as I've told you, I don't know how many times this year, we're not necessarily playing the opponent as we're playing ourselves. And that's one of those things where you have to prepare properly. You have to game plan properly, you have to you know, go out there and X you things properly, and if you're able to play the game against yourself as good as you can, the opponent really shouldn't.
Speaker 8: Matter, makes sense. Max Mounsey is a World Series champion for a reason, bringing a champion attitude to this NLDS and beyond. Thanks a lot for the time, Max appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, always.
Speaker 8: There he is Max Munsey, Today's starting third baseman. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Max. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot com lead. You have to first pitch Dodgers and Padres Game one of this nl DS up. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kaks's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Raw Longo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 2: All season Low Dodgers Padres. It's Game one of the NLDS. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchups hit by your Southern California. Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four to Coomba. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Dylan cees on the mound for the Padres. Twenty eight year old right hander. Sixth season in the Big leagues. He came up with the Chicago White Sox for seeing fastball, slider, knuckled curve, a sweeper, a changeup, a cutter. He'll throw the kitchen sink at you. He's a workhorse. He made thirty three starts during the regular season. He also had eighteen outings, of which he threw one hundred or more pitches, which is most amongst all major league starters. Last time out, five innings, three runs, five hits, four strikeouts in the no decision against these Dodgers. Dodgers saw m twice this year. Back on July thirty, first, he also faced them. He went five and two third innings, allowed one run on three hits in a win in San Diego. This is his first start of the postseason his career. However, he has pitched twice in relief for the White Sox. Back in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one Yoshanoba Yama Modo all the mount He was seven to two with a three eer rader in the regular season. Twenty six year old right hander made eighteen starts during the regular season, miss time with the shoulder injury. Made four starts since coming off the il, most recently five innings, two runs, four hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Rockies, his best start of the season. He fired seven shutout innings against the Yankees back in June. He also threw a career high one hundred and six pitches in that game. He is zero to one in two career starts against the Padres this year, eight straight eight strikeouts this season in those two starts. Tonight, of course, his first ever postseason appearance. Yama Moto Start brought to you by Eto ins Oi Oja, Japan's number one green tea of your local Diaiso stores, Ralph, Amazon, Target, eto In dot com, and of course I t o e N dot Com Dodgers Padres for fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kasis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 4: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Padres game one of the n l DS. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Tilan sees the pitching match up first pitch a little over ten minutes away. Dodger fans and handshare listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, so's ted back out to the booth one final time. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, Tim, I'm here with Rick Monday and Mo Just one quick thing, right. I think the third straight year now that the Dodge are dealing with the whole rest versus rust conversation on the heels of a first round by in the postseason. Now five of the eight teams with buys heading into this year lost in the division series, the Dodgers two of those five losses. But I think what they can take some solace in today is seeing what Cleveland did to the Red Hot.
Speaker 6: Tigers and I think also this is the first year and how many of the Dodgers really had some important games towards the end of the year instead of coast Again, they didn't have the eight of the ten game lead going to the final week of the season. They had to kind of close it out and get some things done. All that being said, what I really love you can take the playoffs and now has expand it even more. Take all the facts and the numbers in the record. Yes, the p Andres that have won eight against the Dodgers. The Dodgers have won five against the p Andres. Put all those information into the computer, and the computer comes out and says, play the game, and we're about to play the game.
Speaker 5: And we're about to see Yoshinobu Yamamoto throughout the very first pitch of his Major League Baseball postseason career. This is the guy who's had the ball on the international stage in a ton of big spots. Can he do it for the Dodgers against the Padres. This division rivalry clashing in the postseason for a third time. The last five years, each team has won one series. So in a way, the rubber matches shorts here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: All right, the Dodger lineup tonight looks very similar to what we saw down the stretch. Show Hey O Tani leading off at DH Mookie Bets batting second in right field. Freddie Freeman, Yes, he is in the lineup. He is good to go despite the bad ankle. He will give it a try batting third at first base. Tey Oscar Hernandez batting cleanup and left field. Max Munsey batting fifth. You just heard from him a few minutes ago. With David Vasse. He is playing third base, Will Smith doing the catching, batting six, Gavin Lux at second base, batting seventh, Tommy Edmond is in center field, batting eighth. And Miguel Rojas is good to go on this roster, batting ninth and playing shortstop. Here we go. Buckle up, Dodger fans. Are you ready? The postseason begins when we come back. Yoshinobu Yamamoto takes the mound Game one of the NLDS. It's the Dodgers and Padres. First pitch is next. I'm Tim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network