Speaker 1: Welcome to Deplorable Cultnation, Uncault of Conspiracies, vibration, feeling your brain and body today, finding the truth in a reggae swag, feel the rhythm and let it unfold, Unlock the secrets. The world has told a journey of life where wisdom's gold.
Speaker 2: Step into the truth.
Speaker 1: So, brave and all, this is your time to rise and see Deplorable Cultnation setting you free on coult of conspiracy. We take us.
Speaker 3: Stand hi and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today I have my beautiful, lovely bestie, bestie, doctor Shannon back on the show. It's been a hot minute, but she is a very busy woman, very hard to get a hold of at some times, but she is here today and we are going to blow the lid off the cortisol topic. So, without further ado, welcome Miss Shennon.
Speaker 4: How are you well?
Speaker 2: Thank you, I'm fantastic, I have no complaints and I am super happy to be back with you. As always, We're a good.
Speaker 4: Time, I know on screen and in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the truth.
Speaker 3: We do need another one of those outings because that was very enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Totally agree, and I have the perfect one. I think it starts late August, but I'm not sure if you saw it Vegas at the Sphere Wizard of Oz baby, and it's happening late August through like the whole month of September, which happens to be my birthday month.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go watch Wizard of Oz in the Sphere.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the tickets are not ridiculous when.
Speaker 2: They're like one hundred and thirty eight or something, which I don't think is that bad to go to the Sphere, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I and my husband some people he works with, were just out there for conference and they had who was it, Oh, Gwen Stefani Oh was performing a special show at the Sphere just for the conference people because it's like a nation of my conference or whatever. And the tickets were so retarded. It was like almost three hundred bucks for a ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's nuts. But I think old school is. And it's like the original. This is no Wicked, Okay, Like this is like old school. So I know every word. I've already I already feel bad for whoever I'm gonna sit by because I will not shut up, like I will say the whole movie.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say that whoever it is that is by you is going to have a really good time, whether they want to or not. In fact, oh boy, so doctor Shannon, tell people what the heck it's cortisol? And why is it such a hot topic right now?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I hope we're going to be on this for a few because I actually, over the past year have gone down my own court all journeys, so I've learned a lot about what it is, how it works, and I mean, it is the bitch of all bitches. And so I think it's a hot topic right now, and I think it's honestly very timely because I'm gonna just say what has what soapbox I've been on lately, especially with women. But what I see as our modern world progresses and we are not seeming to slow down at all, is just that we need to slow the f down and we need to stand up and take a stand for rest within our day recovery time, especially after a certain.
Speaker 4: Age, which is.
Speaker 2: Forty, so especially once women go over the age of forty. And this is for men too, but like especially women, because of how it's connected to hormones and where it's at in the hormonal hierarchy. I would say that that is one of the most timely reasons why this is a big hot topic. The other thing is is that our world is not getting more antiquated or ancient. It's getting more modern by the second. But the last I remember, we don't have sabertooth tigers running around, and so I wish that that's what cortisol is meant for. Is if you're running for your life because you're going to get started by a sabertooth tiger. There is not much that happens in our world apart from you know, let's say you're an active part of a crime or a robbery or something like. In those types of moments, your cortisol is meant to serve you, and the body is made perfectly for that to serve you. But when you're just at work, what you getting stressed out for? Like what is the fear? And I can honestly track that back to a completely different topic, which is money, and that's probably a different show altogether. So cortisol, we kind of let be the boss of us. And when you really kind of pare it down and look at what it's doing to us first and foremost. But when you put apply a little logic to it, which I know is sort of few and far between these days, but if you apply that logic to it, it's like, what the hell are you so stressed out by?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: And I like to take people through an exercise where it's like, Okay, so what happens if you don't get that work assignment done? Your boss gets mad? Okay, then what? And then what? And then what? And but are you gonna die? The answer is no, you might be out of a job. And that's where that money connection piece comes in. But the rest of it, I feel like money, and unnecessarily so, because money's just an energy. So we've got we've got some mental mindset stuff that we've got to work out about cortisol as well. But once you kind of figure out how it really works in the body and how you can actually control it for yourself, and you get that under control, then you start to be able to think more level and clear headed because you're no longer in fight or flight mode all of the time. You're chill. And that's because when you're in fight or flight, your brain completely shuts down. You can't think or you can't think clearly, you have no clarity and son, then we once the cascade has begun, then what we start to do is we go on the hunt for supplements. Oh I need this from a memory. Oh I need that. No, honey, you're overwhelmed because you're in fight or flight mode, and oh I'm gonna need this. Court is all blocker. Why you could just breathe, you could just slow the fuck down? Can I swear on this? Like, yeah, I just want to make sure I'm being but like, slow the fuck down and take a minute, take a beat, Like, who is genuinely the boss of you? I mean, didn't we kind of go through this during COVID where we were like, you can't tell me what to do?
Speaker 4: What happened to that?
Speaker 2: What happened to that? And all the people? So okay, long winded point short hair. I definitely think that it's because we haven't figured out how to slow down, and if we don't make time for it, then it's going to become the boss of us. Truly, that will be the boss of us, and they will deteriorate. I call this our earth suit, it will deteriorate this body so fast you won't even be done with your mission on Earth before you're gone. So we really kind of owe it to ourselves and to our life really to like take care of this body so that it doesn't wear out prematurely, right, And I would say that's one of the bigger pieces of it. But you have to understand the hormonal hierarchy about that too.
Speaker 3: So for people who don't know where does cortisol come from.
Speaker 2: Cortisol comes from your adrenals, which are I call them the little hats on your kidneys. It's like these little triangular hats and it's part of the sympathetic nervous system. So it's a nervous system trigger. And when your body gets in constant stress mode, your your adrenals start to produce a lot of cortisol because that's what you get along with the adrenaline that tries to help calm you down. It also dumbs you down. Though it dumbs you, it makes you go straight into your reptilian brain, straight into survival. That's what you're just like freak out and run and try to save yourself. You know. It's what people do when they get in a panicked situation, and you know, if you're trapped with lots of people, like everybody just shuts down, freaks out, panics, and then tramples each other. So your cortisol. Let me back up a step and say, the human body actually is its own pharmacy. It is perfectly and brilliantly created to give you every single medicine that your body actually needs to survive, to thrive, to be happy, to be sad, to like handle any situation that occurs. And so this is one of those kind of medications or drugs that your body produces in order to help you in a situation where you can't like stop and pause and think like, hmm, how do I get out of this situation? It's like just go, just go.
Speaker 4: Somebody's chessing me. Whatever should I do?
Speaker 2: While while they're like right in front of you. And so this is a natural response to the body. But we have seen in our modern conveniences that that has completely flipped to where we are on stress mode all the time. One of the things that I did to control my cortisol is I did get the aura ring. And that was the biggest reason why I got it, because I had heard that it tracked that data, and I wanted to know where my stress was hitting during the day, and so that I could kind of it allows you to put these little tags, like what was going on that hour when you spiked into that stressed mode. And here's what I found. I was a stressed out sleeper. And people do not think about this at all, but your recordisol could be spiking in your sleep.
Speaker 3: I think that is probably a good summation of me. Because I get so hot and I flip off the covers and I'm like, oh my god, I can't sleep because I'm so hot. And then I'm like, okay, now I'm cold, and then I cover up and then I'm like, oh my shoulder heerd s Nope, I better turn over. And it's like constantly disturbing me, or because we have animals and they disturb me while I'm sleeping, or you know whatever. Like right before I go to bed, I like to call it my Jesus dump because I'll be trying to say my prayers and then all of these stupid things that I've not thought about at all ever pop into my head and I'm like, what do I need to know about?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Carrots right now. I wasn't even thinking about carrots. And it's like all this stupid stuff just randomly like pops in while I'm praying, and I'm like, what the heck? And that it causes me to not not get to sleep like I should.
Speaker 2: And isn't that the big conundrum because we all know that having great sleep is how you lose weight or I'm gonna say release weight. I'm gonna keep catching myself. I'm training myself to stop saying lose because ain't nobody want to find that again? You know, right, but if your cortisol is high while you're sleeping, that's a double whammie. You're not You're not only are you not going to gain weight or reduce the weight, but you're gonna gain it potentially because you're still stressed out. And I used to joke and say, well, whatever I'm doing in the night seasons is like I must be going to battle or something, because I would even wake up like I don't know what the f I just did, but I did not sleep.
Speaker 4: But I'm sorry everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a thing, and so what I not only did I get this all under wraps, but I sleep with two wiener dogs and another adult in the same bed, and I get optimal sleep every night. And I blamed everything. I was like, oh, I'm of that age. Must be perimenopause, you know, it must be my hormones there. And I am not kidding. I do believe my hormones were starting to cascade. I do think that that had that was the trigger for me. I am somebody who definitely listens to my body. I'm aware when my body makes even the strangest, little minutest little change, I'm like, what's that, you know? And then I then I go to fit try to figure it out. And so I have. And it It's taken me over the course of the year to really realize, like, the control and the power to reduce the cortisol level is mine. I ultimately have the control over that. And it took the form of me making time to just stop and breathe, stop and meditate, to just do nothing sometimes just sit and read. Whereas before I would be like, oh, I'm too busy, I can't sit down and read even five pages right now, I would I would force myself to sit down and read one chapter of a book just because it gets you into restoration mode. So this ring really gives you some great information. And so if I have a particularly busy day. So I recently went to Japan to visit my daughter who is studying abroad there for the year, and I'm telling you, we averaged eighteen thousand steps a day. It was like, you're walking.
Speaker 4: Everywhere, everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was all walking, all the time, walking to the buses, even which you know, that's another story. But so my ring was like, ah, you had a lot of activity yesterday, perhaps today you want to just rest and not do much, you know. So it's kind of fun because it's giving you the permission to like, maybe not go do your workout today because you worked out way too hard. So let's just talk about that connection, because that's the other thing. And I'm probably gonna not make friends on this. The friends that I do have, Janet, you haven't divorced me yet, but now most of them are like, you ruin everything that's good, you know, And I'm like, well, I know I ruined the fast food and I ruin stuff, but here I might ruin a lot of people. And I taught this to a whole bunch of fitness instructors, So you can imagine I was like ready to be tard and feathered at the end of it, But I said, you guys are working out way too much, and especially once you're over forty, when everybody thinks societal society says that it is normal to hurt yourself because that means your muscle fibers are tearing and they have to rebuild and that's a normal part of it. And it's like, well, that's not actually true. More lactic acid you have probably not good, but you're actually causing in in the body. And we do know that inflammation is probably the culprit behind every thing. Ye everything, okay, And guess what causes inflammation of corse. So cortisol is running rampant when you're when you have tendon itis or itis of anything, you've got any kind of autoimmune or chronic condition. I'm going to tell you to look in word and figure out like where your inflammation is at, because that that is the hidden trigger that tells you that cortisol's taken over your your entire body. So after age forty and I had to get myself used to this, which, uh, for the most part, I really dedicated myself to this. Last year when I was trying to figure this out. I used to be a runner and I really genuinely enjoyed it because I I used to be a pretty type a personality and it would clear I was like a labrador. I just had to get rid of that energy.
Speaker 4: You know, you're brain very high energy people, and I can tell you now the.
Speaker 2: Energy is very different. So I still have a lot of it. But when it's time for me to go to bed, I'm appropriately ready to go to bed, and it's not just jacked all the time, and like, oh, I got to go expend some energy. And so I used to run a lot, and I forced myself to change how I think about exercise because at my age, I really don't I don't need it, and I think that you know, we know we've been lied to about almost everything, right, absolutely, why would this surprise people? Right? Because this is taking now the fitness industry and what they're telling you, and it's completely flip flopping that on its head. You do not need more than thirty minutes of working out a day, and most of it should be in strength training, and why because you are protecting your bones? Could re stop with this calcium bullshit? So I'm not denying that calcium is an aid that helps, but by over for age four, that calcium's not helping you get strong bones. Your bones are as strong as they gonna get. But in order to protect what you have and to keep them strong, you've got to now build muscle, and you've got to have proper lean muscle mass. It doesn't matter if you're ripped or anything. As long as you have good ratio of lean body muscle mass, then that is actually what protects you from the osteoporosis the most. And so it's funny people always want to ask me for the supplement recommendation, and I'm like, no, I would not actually tell you to take calcium at your age, you know, if it's somebody over forty, and even sometimes not really before that. So I use calcium for a whole different reason for people, and that's to restore pH balance to their gut and their internal environment, not to protect their bones. Calcium also helps the uptake of other minerals and vitamins, but it's not what at this point in your life is making your bone strong. So let's knock that off so you know it's it, really, but you only need thirty minutes a day and thirty minutes, sure you might get lightly sore, but it should be gone by like, you know, midpoint next day. But it should be that good kind where it doesn't hurt you to sit down on the toilet your arm, to drink your coffee or something like. That's that's inflammation. So now what you're doing, you are stressing your body out and cortisol floods in because stress, right, stress, stress, stress, So your body is now freaked out in stress because you just fucked it the other day and you're all like, yeah, man, I just got ripped. I just did the work, like two hour workout, and it's like, okay, that doesn't impress me at all because you just made your body cry, and your body is going to first heal itself. Your body always does that first. Your body's constantly working to survive and to keep you alive, and that means healing cuts, healing scrapes and bruises and injuries, and it's always working to repair first. So then the question becomes, you know, do you have the proper nutrition in terms of keeping ligaments, tendons, and your collagen stuff in shape. But that's another topic. So your body's going to try to rid itself of the inflammation before it gets down to other business like reducing weight. So you're now you've now distracted your body. And again, guess who's king? Court is all but in the hormonal hierarchy, guess who should be king? It's oxytocin and oxytocin. When I saw this, and you can pull up a diagram anywhere on Google, it's called the hormonal hierarchy, and oxytocin is at the very top. And oxytocin is what you get when you're snuggling your pets or you're doing something squishy and you're just joy. It's just like it makes you happy. Right. That means you get out of bed in the morning and you do a little dance and that's how you start your day and you love it. Do that. For me, what that looks like is I get up, I grab my cup of coffee, I return to my bed, and I snuggle my waiter dogs while I'm drinking my coffee in silence where no one else is at me for a decision or anything else. I can just quietly drink my cup of coffee, snuggle my fur babies, and that if I don't start my day that way. It kind of makes me struggle a little bit because that's just how I calm, and I start my day calm.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to you said that, because I'm a huge firm believer in the fact that you have to have your morning routine every day and what you do and how you start it. And if you ever notice, like if you're one of those people that like, this is what I do every day and order and how it goes. But say you got up really late and you can't do all of those things, you should typically fill your body starting to stress out. Yeah, because it's used to that routine. Like for me, it's the same thing every single day. I get up, I go to the bathroom, I feed the cats, I go outside and sit outside and enjoy that fresh air and stuff. And if there's ever a time where I can't do, especially the allowed amount of time, it throws my whole day off. And I don't do social media and I don't get into end depth conversations in the morning with people who are having a existential crisis with something.
Speaker 4: I just don't do that.
Speaker 3: I shut off that communication pathway until my morning routine is done.
Speaker 4: And I'm ready yep.
Speaker 2: And your cortisol typically spikes within two hours hours of waking up, and that's normal, so it's supposed to because you're up and moving and at that point you know your your body. But when you're spinning on like what do I gotta do today, and you don't have that morning ritual, and it's just chaos your alarm. First of all, let's start at the alarm, because I know some people can't help having to wake up to an alarm. I am very blessed these days that I don't. However, I'm still up in the five am hour at like work. It's my chronotype and I'm a morning person, and so I don't. Actually, my body wakes up when it needs to at the appropriate time. And if it wakes up, if my body wakes up late, I needed that sleep. So if at all possible, if you don't have to wake up to an alarm, don't, because what that alarm is doing is it's shocking your nervous I was.
Speaker 4: Just gonna say that I hate a lot yep.
Speaker 2: And then you have to take a BE complex, a methylated be complex, because you got to regulate your nervous system and with all of the blue light technology we have, the iPads, the cell phones, the all the things and stuff. Now I am a gadget girl. I literally just bought myself some meta sunglasses. I couldn't help it. I love gadgets. I had to. I had to see what they were like, the ray band ones, you know, they're so much fun. It's They're the simplest little things. But I'm having a grand old time with it. But we have so much blue light technology that that that cause it that. I love that you said that you don't do social media or anything like that in the morning, because when you start to poison yourself with that first thing in the morning, oh yeah, and you're already jacked from an alarm. Now you're gonna go give yourself some coffee, which already makes a lot of stemulant. You're just jacked before you even and then after that some people go and work out. Now you're seeing the domino and how we're piling on the activity that's causing this cortisol to be just stupid, stupid levels of cortisol, and your body actually can get to a point where it's sort of like an alcoholic in a way, like it gets used to the amount of cortisoult and it just keeps producing more and more and more and more and more, and then your body it's gonna take a lot more for your body to actually get to that point. So it seems that with a lot of our typical morning ritual behaviors, that is causing the stress load to start before you even get going, before you get to work, before any of that kind of stuff. So I always tell people, start your day with something that you love to do. Don't tell me you just love to grab your phone and see, like what shit is on Facebook? Right?
Speaker 4: What can piss you off first thing in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or you can't wait to get jacked because you're an opinionated person and you have to see what somebody said about the you know, commander in chief.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm so right at this point.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you right now, there's Once I got this under control, I started to discern what is distraction and what is something that I need to focus on doing well. Boy, then that took me down a notch, right because I stopped getting triggered and hooked by a shit that like is just a distraction. It means nothing. It means absolute, and so you know, I I think we have to so oxytocin. I'm going back to that hierarchy. Oxytocin is king if you don't keep oxytocin at the forefront doing things that you love to do. And I'm not talking necessarily about work, but you got to fit in some things like whether it's a hobby or something that you genuinely love to do. And if that's something that you're not doing, I will say, get make time for that too. And I have an example of that that I did as well. But you have to you have to be able to figure out what brings you joyce, so that so that not only are you lowering your cortisol, but you're spiking the oxytocin. So because oxytocin is first, then cortisol, and so cortisol can gain control really quickly because of its positioning in this right. And then the third one is insulin. Well, guess what insulin shrinks when cortisol is big.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it's directly related to that. Yes, all of the people that have UH, pancreatic insufficiency, insolent intolerance, blah blah blah blah, all the new terminology out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just put a new label on it. But really it's because you're stressed, right, stress, honey, calm down, and you know you're not quite diabetic. They're not even gonna give you like the borderline diabetic. We're not going to put you on met foreman. I mean, god forbid you try burberine verst. But like before any of that, what it's doing is it's causing insulin resistance, which I was also starting to experience. I was starting to have all of the hormonal signs, all of the you know, every single sign. When I started digging at this, I was like, oh my god, it's cortisol. And I being the type a person that I was, and I say it was because I kind of don't feel like I'm that way anymore. And I'm a virgo. I mean, like, if if anything, I like me a plan and I like to be organized. I like to know what's gonna happen. And I can still be that way, but be chilled out. You know, it's thunderstorm season where I live, and we get golf ball sized hail, and honestly, I can tell you I don't even care if it hits my car, and yet there's so many people that are freaking about where do I freaking out about where do I park my car? Oh my god, I have to get my car. And it's raining, it's raining, it might and I'm just like, well, I can't control that. Actually, I mean technically you can, but that's another podcast. But like, I don't worry about it. It's a car, and you know it's I don't care about the vehicle that I drive other than that it works.
Speaker 3: I mean, and you know that is that is like so key for a lot of people because they'll say, I'm not stressed out, but it's literally like you worry about everything. If you are a worri or a worry wart, yes you are, whether you realize it or not. Because you're worried about what to make for dinner, you worried about what other people think of you, You're worried about this, you're worried about that, and your Cortisol goes absolutely berserk.
Speaker 2: Yep yep, and it's killing you.
Speaker 4: Oh we're dumb stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're dumb stuff. And that's I think you hit the nail on the head because at a certain point you and I was guilty of it too. I said, I'm not stressed out. I don't feel stressed out, And it's like I was used to being in that state at all times, so I didn't realize what stressed out was. Even though you couldn't pinch a trap to save my life. I mean, it was like cement in there, you know. And what I've noticed now is, and especially because I started a massage school, so I, you know, teaching it and showing other people, it's like, my muscles are way more pliable.
Speaker 4: They should be able to be needed, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Kate n e a d ed needed and mine weren't. They were rock hard, and not because I was ripped, because I was not. So I you know that that kind of is a dead giveaway. Where do you keep your tension? Where do you keep your stress? Most people lit's neck and shoulders right, and where are shoulders like earrings. I can't even wreize my shoulders as high as I used to before because I just I don't know. They just fall now.
Speaker 3: That's because you're calm, And that's that's the one thing I'm like about the workout. When you were talking about that, if if you literally look into fat burning and stuff like that it's a slower pace to actually burn fat, which people don't realize. So they get on the treadmill and they just absolutely gun it and they run and they've got it up to you know, four point eight or whatever, and they're just as fast as they can. That's not your fat burning face like at all, No walking is. And one, like you had mentioned, women more so than men. Women are so much more likely to have cortisol issues. And why because we are the nurturers, right, and so it is our job as people to constantly try to organize to you know, put things in order to worry about this person that person.
Speaker 4: Do the kids have lunch, do we have dinner?
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah, all these things, and then what if people do before they go work out. One of the things that it's super popular is supplementation before and after workouts, which also affects your freaking cortisol level. Yeah, well, it's the stimulator of your cortisol which is going to leave you almost like you're still running on the treadmill even though you haven't been on the dreadmill for eight hours yep.
Speaker 2: And how much of that is placebo effect? Because I do pH testing in my practice, and if you are not at a proper balanced pH level internally, then supplements you're just peeing it out, that's all you're doing. And I heard this saying one time, where Americans have the most expensive PA and it's because we're cramin all these supplements down our bodies. We're not paying any attention to the fillers that are in them or whether they're actually effective and why are they effective. This is one of the reasons that I love quantum medicine so much, because that's what I do. Also is I'll just deliver you a frequency of a vitamin C I am printed into water, and I just make you drink some water to take your medicine, which is frequency imprinted into water molecules. And it's no different than having the actual substance, even though the substance, you know, eventually will just pee out of your body. The frequency you hold until your body can't sustain it, and then you either like optimize and come up to that level or you're gonna need another hit of it. So you know, there's something to be said for for However, many people, and a lot a lot of people old and new, have said it. The future of medicine is frequency, So calm down on the supplements too, Like you can muscle test yourself and figure out what supplements your body is really needing because our bodies don't. Our bodies are trying to tell us I don't need that, I don't need that, but we are not listening. We are not listening to what the body is saying. So I heard this recently. I don't know if you know who Dolores Cannon is. I really am loving her. Gosh, she's oh. I love listening to her stuff. But she even said one time, tell your body that you love it. Your body loves to hear that you love it. Tell your lip that you love it. Tell your organs that you love them, and you're There is something to be said about delivering the tone of your voice, your actual identity, the voice that you have, which is as unique as your fingerprint. Is right if you if you look at the frequency of everyone's voice, not one voice is the same. And your body resonates with what you tell it, and just like you're subconscious right, Well, tell your body that you love it. Tell your body that you appreciate what it does for you. And there is this Like a lot of people don't think that they're that that's a different thing. But you're you're a consciousness that's living in this That's what it is. Your your consciousness living in this body. So and this body is a living entity. So without your without your spirit in it, it's not you know, it obviously doesn't have the brain function, but it is serving you to be able to be on earth because we have to be able to breathe in this atmosphere, and that's what the carbon based system does, et cetera. But tell your body that you love it and that you appreciate what it does, and that's that's a better start than going, Huh, I'm going to go to Walmart and pick me up this giant jug of vitamin C.
Speaker 3: Mostly, you know, or people that constantly go, man, I have a headache. Man, my back hurts, man like everything hurts, and they focus on that and repeat it repeatedly, And what happens.
Speaker 4: Does it go away? No, it doesn't go away, gets worse, right.
Speaker 2: Because you're focusing on it constantly. What you focus on gross. And I heard a gal recently say that she had this random lower pain in her back and she said, I get that occasionally. And you know, normally I just send white light to the area in meditation and it typically will go away. And she said, but this time it wasn't really working, and I thought, hmm. So she said, I focused on the actual pain and like the sharpness of it, and I really I just kind of paid like supreme attention to it. And she said, it immediately left. And your body. And I tell this to people, to a lot of my clients, I don't have to be a psychic or a prophet. Your body keeps the score and I know how to read it if you know where your body stores things and what your body is saying, like when you have something specifically that is not an injury, but it hurts, right, So if you didn't injure your left knee and it hurts, that is a forgiveness issue that you have with a female person. And that part most people know who they need to forgive or what the issue is. And you should see their faces when I tell them that stuff. They look at me like, how on earth did you know that? And I'm like, but your body, your body's telling you. I am kind of like the translator right now telling me your body's been telling you this for it. We call it a body signal. Your body is signaling you now if you have pain, you have let it go too far. You have ignored your body for so long. Your body tells you every time if you just pay attention to it. Right, So, yeah, when you focus on oh well that hurts, that hurts wow, Or you go and try to numb it with the tailenol and the advil stuff, that wouldn't be the first thing I would grab for.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's saying I.
Speaker 2: Go to essential oils before I go to any of that kind of stuff unless it's like such a bad headache that's kind of running away from me, and that rarely happens. It just rarely, does you know. But yeah, we've got to start listening to our bodies more. Our bodies are they It's like, have you ever thought about how your body knows to just heal and it knows how to take care of you, and it knows how to produce what chemical to make you feel happy or whatever whatever you need in that moment. Your body produces it like that. Well, it is a very like omniscient sort of computer system, right, an organic system that's so have you ever wondered like, maybe my body knows more than me trying to.
Speaker 4: Force it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yes, force your body, you're causing inflammation, You're like making it do something against its will or ability. And so becoming one with yourself. I know that sounds really kind of like no, no.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: And let me say this before before you finish that thought. Like, for me, I cannot take naps. I have the worst time in the world ever taking a nap. And if I get to the point where I'm sitting in the chair trying to relax or something and I get uber sleepy, I will actually let my body take over and make me take a nap because I know my body's telling me, Hey, you have to you have to have this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: Restore and regenerate without whatever my body's telling me I need, whether it's peace and calm, whether it's he's shutting my phone off for a couple hours so nobody bothers me, or whatever whatever it is.
Speaker 4: I always have to listen to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have to become one with your body, as weird as that might sound, but what that looks like is getting in tune with your consciousness. And like we have this separation issue right now where people think God or the higher Power, whatever they want to call it, is outside of us. Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but it's part of you. You are it. You are source. I call it Gus now, God, Universe source. You know, you are a fractionated image of Gus. And it's like God had a thought and you became He like mad made it into you. And so he's in you. He's the interstitial spaces between your cells and your lungs. He's the breath of your lungs. Right, So you're not separated from him. You don't You're not a sinner and you don't like have to. You're not a bad person, is what I'm trying to say. Like we were taught that for so long. You're not bad and you're and he's not going, okay, now I'm I'm pushing away from you because you were naughty. Now that's just not how it works. You are him. You are him, and you're just an infinite different face that he has like made himself into so that he could have this human experience. I have found so much gratitude lately for being in this human experience. It's for the suffering that.
Speaker 4: We go through, for the hunting through.
Speaker 2: It's like, nowhere else in the universe do they have the duality that we have on the Earth, where it's there's suffering, but there's supreme joy and there's light and there's dark, and we get to experience it all. But we're here to learn. It's like kind of getting our PhD or our yeah, our PhD and spirituality. Really we're here to figure out these these wonderful lessons, but in such a way that like it makes it tough. It's almost like we did it on purpose because it's the hardest school ever.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm a bit of a school addict, and I you know, I'm getting my PhD. But then I couldn't stop there. I had to create a school too. I'm justased, but I love learning.
Speaker 4: I can't sit still. Personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and as far as my my knowledge, Like I don't know if you've ever heard of human design, but my human design personality is knowledge and truth. So I it's what brings me joy is to study and to learn and then to share it with people and to teach what I'm doing. And so I that that's all I want to do, and and I can feel truth. I can actually feel truth as a frequency that I know when it resonates in a certain place in my body, which it's right in the fear center, the sacral, which is your fear center and mine it doesn't have much fear these days, but that's where truth resonates hard. So I can I know when I'm on the right track with something, right. So you know, it's it's all about learning, it's all about being ingratitude. But you got to listen to your body. Your body's telling you everything. You don't have to suffer to the point where it can't be helped. You ultimately have control over your entire situation. You are happening to this reality versus your external circumstances happening to you, right.
Speaker 3: And you know the funny thing about that is that so many people feel like they're like imprisoned or locked in, like this is my life and this is the way it's going.
Speaker 4: To be you always. You have free will.
Speaker 3: You have the option to make those difficult choices to change jobs to you know, cut off somebody that is sucking the life out of you, or you know whatever. All of those choices are on the table for you.
Speaker 2: You just have to have that.
Speaker 3: Discernment and bravery to decide you're going to make those choices and to do something different. If it's not working, stop doing it.
Speaker 4: Why beat your.
Speaker 3: Head against the wall every single day? And so many people like work and finances.
Speaker 4: Are a huge thing, especially with the Cortisol.
Speaker 3: They hate their job so much that when they pull into the parking lot, they get physically sick, they feel like they're going to vomit.
Speaker 4: What do you think that is?
Speaker 3: That is Cortisol telling you, you know what, I hate this job.
Speaker 2: It can I share a story that just recently happened to me, and this, just like you said, this is attached to both finances in the Cortisol situation. And I've been in positions before where I should have learned the lesson because my head neew, my head knew the knowledge, but it hadn't, you know, like become coherent with the heart space yet. And that's typically for me.
Speaker 3: How it happens like I know you're you're loyal, And I think that's what a lot of people's issue is. They can't leave a job that they hate because they're loyal.
Speaker 2: Yep. And at this point it had become abusive. So I got back from Japan on April fifth, and about six weeks later, I had not had one day off of work. They were making me work from sun up to sundown essentially and putting all the responsibility on me. I finally came to my senses and I said, okay, I'm not doing this anymore. And I actually walked away from the job and with nothing like I don't have this amazing savings plan and all of that kind of stuff. I just knew, well, I better get to work fast and figure it out because I need to figure out my finances. So now I jump from one stressful situation kind of into another because now I have no money coming in and I have to produce that and I have to figure it out. So what are my skills? And I think, okay, I'm going to start a massage school because the tuition money pretty much comes upfront, and I just think to secure enough to get me through the rest of the year. The program is a six month program, not a problem. I can do this. I figure out how many students I need. My head noodles out every last detail of it. I start advertising for students and I got two but I needed at least four, if not five, maybe six, but four was kind of that sweet spot number for me. So I've been really working on how I speak. So rather than saying I need, I want, I'm saying I am ready now to have a fourth student. I'm ready now to have that third student show up. So nothing seemed to be breaking loose. I was getting frustrated by the second. I'm like, what have I done? I've done this again?
Speaker 4: What was I thinking?
Speaker 2: And so now I'm stressed out because I can't strive enough to force this whole situation. So I am very connected to the universe, and I I remember like so I always talk like God has these conversations with me, and he's quite sarcastic with me, because that's he and me both.
Speaker 4: He's like, okay, now I'm a bed listener at times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think sometimes he just laughs at me because it's so terrible to me. But he's probably just laughing at me because it's like, well, she won't let go. When she lets go, I'll take care of this. So I got finally got to this place where I couldn't noodle it out anymore. And I'm a smart cookie, like I could not figure out my next move, and I'm like, the clock is ticking. I don't know what to do here. So finally I said, I am ready now for whatever you provide for me. And it became this like sort of I remember it was not long ago. It was a couple of weeks ago, and I just was like in this, I got humbled, and I finally I said, you know what, I surrender. I know that I know what lesson. I knew what lesson I was trying he was trying to teach me. I knew what lesson I was in the middle of. And that's what most people don't know, is what do you want me to get from this? Well? I knew, and you know, I even tried reasoning with him. I said, listen, you created me a virgo. Why would you do that if you were going to make the eleven hours to show up, because us virgos don't like the last minute kind of thing. We want to know ahead of time. Am I going to be secure or not? Right? And a couple of friends I said that too. They were like, Shannon, you do not get to tell that to God. And I'm like, well, but come on, I mean, he knew I was a virgo, Like, how was that fair? And I said, but I get it fine. Whatever. So after I pitched my fit, I was like, Okay, I'm done fighting. I have no energy left to fight this. I can't do this by myself, so I surrender. I know that you're trying to put me through it, so because the only way out of it is through it. So I am open and ready for whatever you have for me now, and wait until you hear what happened. I don't even think it was. Two days later, I am at my office. I have a biocharger machine and I had a client sitting at that machine with me, and we were chatting about everything except my business. And she said, hey, whatever happened to that one student you had that was interested in coming? Did she ever get her financing? And I said no, but I got to check in just to be sure. She would have been my third student and I really really really needed it. And this lady says, well, I would like to finance her. And I said what, and she's like, and I might even start crying, and I hope not, because I've told this story enough. But man, it gets me every time because that second, that you let go.
Speaker 3: Right second you let everything good comes.
Speaker 2: He shows up, but not just like here's some money for you. It's he shows up in a major way and he shows you how it's done with flair. And she says, I want to finance this student for you. And I was like, are you kidding me? And so I got to be the person to call that student and say somebody has stepped forward because a bank wouldn't secure her alone. Her credit score wasn't good enough. And this lady said to me, she said, I believe that in order to heal this world, we need to be doing this kind of stuff for other people. Do something good with her massage, and I believe in her and I want to help her. And I'm like, this is insane. I'm like, I can't even believe how perfectly this happened. And the second that I let go and was like, hey, do it for me because I can't write. But I let go, there was no cortisol. I wasn't still stressed. I literally stopped thinking about it for a couple of days. And I'm like, well, I'm testing the theory right like. And that's the one area in scripture that he says to testament. Just if I won't open the floodgates for you when you let me have the control of this right so and so right, so, then it gets better. I'm flying high. My daughter had just come home for a quick visit because my son was graduating high school, and we went to Costco and I was buying a water thing for the office, and I'm telling her this story, and I'm of course like crying my pansy ass off in Costco because it's so like moving to me. And I think it happened, and I can't believe I was part of it. It was amazing. And I get this text from a woman who she's my colonics lady actually, and her daughter had had a bad experience in a previous massage school and never finished and she always wanted to go back and finish well. I had asked her. I reached out to her twice and she told me no, her daughter wasn't interested and couldn't do it. Well. Here, I am flying high from this third student thing, and that lady called that lady texts me she's like, my daughter wants to do school? Is it too late? And I said no, So I get on the horn with our daughter. That day, she goes and gets herself alone, and I have a fourth student. So then I'm like, even, I'm flying even higher at this point. Right and We're at home and I'm fixing my lunch and I said, well, I'm open and ready for a fifth one if you listen, you know, And I was like just stoked. That lady texts back and she says, this lady I work with, she wants her son to take the massage school too. Is that okay? Can I give her your info? And I'm like, yeah, yes, and she she actually didn't end up reaching out to me, but just like right after I go I'll take a fifth another potential opportunity showed up. So I'm like, okay, I'm getting this now, like I'm getting it. But the thing is is I think what it took was me to humble myself and say, look, I know that this lesson is one of the hardest ones for me because I grew up in a poverty mindset and very very scarcity mindset, and that is probably worse than Candida trying to get rid of is that lack scarcity mentality, And so I knew it was a big lesson for me. I knew it was a huge one, and so I finally was like, you know what, as painful as this might be for me, I accept. I accept going through this. Whatever you're gonna do, whatever is gonna happen, because I know that it's only meant for my good, It's only meant for my highest good and I and I, so let's go, let's do this. But you don't like to do hard things.
Speaker 3: Everybody that I know that calls me to talk about their problems, that is the main thing is the control, and can't give up control. And you have to control everything in your household, and you have to control how people act, and you have to everybody has to do everything the way that you would do it and whatever. And I'm like, you are creating so much undue stress in your body, hence the chaos going on in your system, and you're feeling all these kind of ways because you can't stop to think that that letting go of that is going to make things better. Because when you are trying to control everything, you make terrible decisions.
Speaker 4: Yep, everybody does.
Speaker 3: And it's like, I'm going to control how my husband talks to his daughter. I'm going to control her behavior with me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make.
Speaker 3: People respect me regardless. You cannot have that control over other people and expect your life to be sunshine and rainbows. You have to let go of that and you have to let God come in. I call it divine interceding because when that happens, he does show up and he does things that we could not even fathom.
Speaker 2: Better than way better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we don't have the capacity and our tiny little brains, And so was he moving you all along in this direction for this particular purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but some sometimes I'm not not calling you out.
Speaker 3: Some of us are very stubborn and very hard to hit, and it's like, I want things my way, and I have to like plan all of this. But the best moments from God are things that we could not possibly plan, and him moving us wherever.
Speaker 2: A year ago, I left a six figure income to go into business for myself because wellness, natural wellness has always been my thing. And by June, that was January to June, I had no business. It wasn't working out. And rather than let go and let God, as they say, I knee jerked and I went and got a day job. And then I said to myself what most people say, Oh, I'll work on it in the evenings and I'll still you know, I'm going to continue to do it.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: I didn't because I got so I was a salaried position, and I got so wrapped up into like working overtime, doing more and more and more and more, that there's no boundaries you can set when you're when you are salaried. And so he had set it all up for me before, and I was like, no, I want to go back to the safety of this paycheck, which isn't safety at all. That's the big thing. It's not safety at all.
Speaker 4: That's your stressor.
Speaker 3: That's a big stressor, because again you're letting somebody else control.
Speaker 4: Your life and your mood and your daily outcomes.
Speaker 2: Right, And so I think for me, I don't. I couldn't tell you if what I'm doing right now is what I was meant to do. Maybe it's the way I was supposed to start doing what I'm meant to do. It's definitely within the natural wellness realm. However, what I think it was more about for me was the lesson because you're going to keep repeating things until you can figure out the lesson. But I can tell you with my last child in the throes of graduating, like weeks away from graduating, my daughter living in an other country halfway around the world that have active volcanoes and tsunamis, and I had to get her home for a five day stint. Your brother graduate and I walked away from the job, started my own job. I had my fair amount of stress. I had my fair amount of stress. Also, what we don't talk about and probably should is all of us whose last child or only child or whatever he was, my last one is now graduating, and your brain has to go through a chemical change there that has been happening for the past year where I'm like, oh god, what am I gonna do when they're gone? Oh God, what am I going to do when I don't have to like do this day to day stuff with them anymore. That's a real thing, right, And they're gonna both live with me while they go to college, So I'm not technically an empty nester. But at the same time, they're not in the same need that they were in when you know, I was supposed to get them through. So I had my amount of stress in the past two months, and what it took and what moved it faster than I've ever seen in my life is just letting go.
Speaker 4: Yep, letting go.
Speaker 2: And this is a little zippy and unexpected twist of irony. My son just got the part of Olaf in Frozen at the local community theater here and let it Go as the main song of that. So I think that's just kind of fricking.
Speaker 4: That's that's a god laughing at you, going, man, that's.
Speaker 2: How it rolls. Yeah, and my son is literally like the happy character, like the snowman the dark, you know, so that I just now thought of that. That's hysterical, but it's I'm telling you, like ever since that moment, it changed me. And that's what that's the perfect thing that happens too, is when you can release that. Because my cortosol levels, apart from that day job I had, I've started to feel them get high again because I I could tell the difference. I had had them under control, and then this day job was getting out of control right and I was starting to feel myself real again, and I was like, oh man, I got to get back on top of this because I don't want my health going downhill. So all of this stuff ensues, and now I can tell you I wake up every day just so grateful to be awake and alive and ready for the day. I say, thank you for this day. What's my assignment today? What do you have for me today? Because this shit's fun. Now, man, I'm like, okay, last time I said whatever you bring it, and you did well listen heard Yeah, So now I'm like, okay, now who can I touch today? Who can I heal today? Who can I help and minister to? Or what's next? You know? What have we got going on today? But what's really cool is like the lesson that you learn in the meantime once all of this, because I don't think I could have learned it with my cortisol all jacked.
Speaker 4: Up, right, because you don't think straight when that happens.
Speaker 2: Right, And typically it actually happens in the unseen realm around us, the biofield, before it hits the physical body. So those But but the thing is is what happens to us happened here first. So it's it's like it from any disharmony that I had up here that went out and attracted disharmony to come back to me, and I would say that that's also what stress does.
Speaker 4: This is the part.
Speaker 2: Nobody's talking about either, unless you're a quantum doctor, you know. And I'm like, listen, you are getting what you are putting out into that absolute frequency is going out there and picking out its match and bringing it back to you. And I know that that's a trigger warning for a lot of people. They're going to be like, well, you think that I'm causing all of this? Yeah, yes, I actually do. And I will tell you I have cause all of the stuff around me and my world too, and it is a mirror and other people are mirrors to me into a douche. I have to look at me. Was I a douche? Because that is a reflection of me? Rarely is it just some random happenstance that you're having an actual interaction with a person that is negative that you did not somehow push out in your you know, if you're like, h, I don't like today, that you know, and if you get all in your feels, I'm not saying don't feel the feels, but you are going to attract that energy back, right, except that if your energy is cortisol energy, you're gonna be in chaos just.
Speaker 3: And it's perfect that you said that, because, like I said that, a lot of people that I talked to throughout the day that have the control issues and stuff, they're grumpy, they're angry, they're always stressed out, and it's like, remember about this person and maybe about that person, and I hate this and I hate that and I feel like crap and blah blah blah, and then they wonder why their life is literal chaos Yep all the time. Yep, it's because when what's the last time that you had a positive, good thought that you put out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or even about yourself, because if you're not thinking your body, you're hating on it, calling yourself stupid, calling yourself an idiot. Like how I hear that so much? Like it's starting to like really bug me now when people are like, oh, I'm such a and I don't even like to say it. For phaxies. If somebody says that that phrase, I say, no, you're not, stop that, Like that's just a distraction. Knock that off.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny that you said that, because my favorite thing to say is that I'm tech retarded, But now I say I'm tech challenged.
Speaker 4: And I would honest I'm a work in progress.
Speaker 2: I would honestly, Janet, I would honestly flip it and say, I'm a tech genius.
Speaker 3: Go, yeah, but like I have been lately, which is impressive and why because I changed how I was approaching that.
Speaker 4: And then I'm like doing things that I'm like, I had no.
Speaker 3: Idea I could ever do that. Yeah, Oh wow, that was cool. Let me try those too.
Speaker 2: No, I can't find something. I will go to where I just have this gut intuition telling me where it's at. And I walk in that room and I go, I know where it is. I know where it is, and I just start saying it like with conviction, like I know where this is. I know where I put that, instead of like where is it? Oh my god, ah, because I know I didn't lose it. I just put it somewhere that I couldn't remember. And so I start to come in and I go, I remember what I did with it, And seeing that positive phrase has like I've recovered it every time quickly quickly, because it's like all of a sudden, I'll have the full on memory of how it got where it was, and I'm like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 5: I put it there because because I thought that I would absolutely remember where this was because I was going to go get sweetener or whatever.
Speaker 2: And so now I genuinely have changed how I say things. So I try to really take stock of if I'm saying need or want, because that denotes lack and you know, growing up in that that's just what I was taught to say. But if you want to truly walk in abundance, you have to take captive every thought and every word, because your deeds will follow. Your actions will then follow. And I would say that that's probably the number one spot to start, is you know what is stressing you out? You've got to take stock of what your thoughts are. If your thoughts are in fear of your boss, your job, the money, the health, whatever, everything that could.
Speaker 3: Affect you in the outside world that you cannot control.
Speaker 2: Right, then you have to like start logic. And that's what I had to do with myself, is I had to say, wait a second, does this even make sense? Let's let's look at it. Can I control this? No? All right, well crap, why do I want to Why do I want to hold onto it so bad? Why do you know what is it that I've got that's connecting me so strongly to it? And why do I care? And when I really ask myself the proper questions, I'm like, oh, that's dumb, okay, and well.
Speaker 3: And to that point, a lot of people that have like the the need or ambition to control things. It's a protective mechanism, yes, And so it relates back to you know, a trauma or you know, not having food or something like that. And so that's what it emotionally, subconsciously triggers as to like have to have that need to control everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just think when we can let ourselves off the hook, and we can, we can genuinely say like, I don't need that control that is that is too much energy. I don't have time, nor do I want to hold that. The other thing that I have been trying to go through is I've been try. I don't even want to say try because Yoda goes through my head, right do or do not? I am tired of the protections. I'm tired of myself protecting myself. I get it, I get why she needed to do that for the younger self, but right now I want to get raw. I want to let it all out. I want to get out the ugly. I want to go through that hard stuff because there is nothing but healing on the other side of that. And how can I help heal others if I'm not completely and I don't have to be like a you know, completely transfigured person in order to help somebody. I get that because we help people that are going through what we've just been through. But at the same time, it's like, I mean, I expect some high level shit out of myself, and by that I mean, and I say this a lot, this is actually how I would love to get before I exit this planet. But in the Bible, when Peter is walking past the man that's asking for alms and his shot, his shadow heals the man. It wasn't his shadow because it was a sunny day. It was his biofield. It was his aura. His aura was so high vibing that just in walking past this man that healed him. And Peter said to him, silver and gold have I none, But what I do have I give freely, and I that is what I want. I am ready. Well, I would like to say I'm ready, but I know I have some lessons, So I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Say, I am ready now in progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am ready now for that to take place. Anytime where I just walk past somebody and my unconditional love and gratitude just for all things is so high amped that it heals people just me walking past them, that that is such a beautiful thing to me. So that's my ultimate goal spiritually speaking. So I'm like, what do I have to lose. I'm ready to let this get ugly if it needs to, you know. I mean, I also, this is an interesting thing, not completely on topic, but I thought it was interesting when you take your birth day, like the month and the day and the current year in numerology, you kind of get it down to where it's like a single digit between one and nine. There's and I don't know all of them, but I heard this gal talking about if you're in a nine year, which is a this is a nine year for me, you're actually going through a death and rebirth process. And that I was like, my mouth was open. I was on a walk and my mouth just draws open because I have already recognized that I am going through my rebirthing process now because I'm divorce a couple of years ago, Like was the death, and I have been in that process of trying to like rise from the ashes. I didn't expect it to take as long as it did because it wasn't the person that I missed. It was the reinvention of who I was because I was with him for so long, and now it's like, who am I really? Who do I want to be? I get to create this person. I get to love me because it wasn't possible, you know, and I was seeking it from him, which I never should have. So there has been so many like awesome things I've learned about myself and how to love myself truly. And so I am currently in my rebirth year, which I thought was so cool. And you can google this, So yeah, you just take like if my birthday month is September, so zero nine is a nine, then the sixteenth is nine plus one plus six, which is sixteen, and then and that you add the numbers of the twenty two or twenty twenty five, right, and then you add the you keep adding all of the digits until you get the single one. And so what whatever process you're in, there's I think three or six is the year of creativity where you're just making stuff and.
Speaker 4: You're that's definitely me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cool, So we'll do it. And I don't know, like I don't know what people believe or think about that stuff, but I just thought, huh, that is I.
Speaker 3: Would say, I would say that's pretty spot on because not only are you figuring out who you are as a person, but look at the lesson that you just learned. Yeah you know what I'm saying that, Like Kay has been trying to teach you for a really long time, but we are bad listeners sometimes and he could literally hit us over the head with a frying pan and we're still like, Nope, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do that. By way better, I know better, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so for the cortisol, like we talked about it, you got to get your stress under control and follow the daily routine, get good sleep, all of that stuff. But what does it do to your metabolism? How does it affect your metabolism?
Speaker 2: So when we got to go back to that hormonal hierarchy and look at how it is above insulin. So when cortisol is in large amounts, it will slow insulin down. So what does insulin do? We know, insulin comes from the pancreas and it regulates our blood sugar levels. So if you eat a bagel which is higher around the glycemic index, it will help that to slowly process into your blood. So I mean some people get a spike and then a rapid drop. Blood sugars aren't stable and level. But if you are not producing enough insulin to take care of the amount or the type of food that you're eating, then your body's just going to go into storage mode because it doesn't know what to do with it or how to process it properly. So that ends up causing the weight gain after a while. Is it's trumping that insulin because in the hormonal hierarchy, it's above it. If you can keep your cortisol level where it should be everything and only active when it should be, then it doesn't interfere with insulin. So there's a couple of ways that you can work to reduce it if that's the case. And I know this is strangely a hot topic now, but I mean it is an ancient thing that people have always done for tail as old as time is intermitt and fasting. Our bodies are not meant to eat all day long, and the Bible is chuck full of instances of fasting, especially if you want higher spirituality and all of that kind of stuff. But if you really think about what it does for your body, your entire body, especially on twenty four hour fasts, you get into autophagy and you're basically what happens is your body starts to turn on the bad cells within it, and it starts to eat up the bad cells, and your cells then restore it in a higher state because it's not constantly being overloaded and bombarded with that food that you're putting in there. If your if your insulin is not if your pancreas is not creating enough insulin to handle the amount or the type of food you're eating, that needs to be The first thing that you control is timing, Like what do I really need to eat? What should I be eating? Should it be sugar is not the answer? Right?
Speaker 6: And no, our alcohol which is foods right, because most all of it I could go sugar, sugar carbs, right, It all kind of you know, reduces down to sugar and that causes inflammation.
Speaker 2: Then you know there's gonna be people that are like, but what about that good carbs. Well, I'm not entirely convinced anymore that the grain good. The good carbs that are grain like brown rice and regular rice, I think once in a blue moon is okay. But the carbs I'm talking about that are good are gonna be uh, grapefruit and the carby sort of vegetables that grow from the earth. Those are the true good carbs that are going to serve your body a lot better. And so when your body is getting the proper amount of nutrition, those carbs are not gonna spike the glycemic index, right The bagel carbs will, the even quin wa carbs will spike the glycemic index point. So I've really kind of taken that into consideration, and I don't eat that stuff as often as I used to. I'm currently following an eating plan that wraps all this up together, and it's you know, inner and fasting mixed with only eating protein, fruit and vegetables. That's it, not even oils or fats. And I've lost thirteen pounds in like twenty days. So that's the other thing that they tell us is that it's not healthy to lose weight fast. Well, it's not true. That's a lie. And what the misnomer is here, is that human beings think, oh I can get fast weight loss and just go right back to what I was doing before, and.
Speaker 4: I should be funey can't.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. And the thing is is like the fast weight loss doesn't give you enough time to change this, and your brain is not changing and saying, Okay, this needs to be how I am now. And the older we get, the less food we need and the less heavy dense foods that we need. But again, you know, I know everybody's like, but I want it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: But the thing is is, and I'm not saying don't enjoy food. I'm just saying we get so attached to food, right, it goes beyond emotional eating. It's like everybody. If anybody says to me like, oh I just can't give up my you know, my crembreulet after whatever dinner, I'm gonna say, you're emotionally attached to food. And it has nothing any food person that tells me they're a foodie unless it's like for the sheer benefit of your your earth suit to survive and be you know, have enough nutrition, then you are emotionally attached to food because it is if you can like intermittent fast for well, I only eat between twelve and eight during the day, and I can tell you that my stomach definitely about an hour and a half after I'm done with that lunch meal, I'm ready to eat, but I don't eat until about five five thirty. But I'm not. I never get angry because my blood sugar levels are under control.
Speaker 3: So Lendy Mommy ask you this because there is death definitely conflicting information out there about women, especially fasting and doing intermittent fasting, and how it can you know, make your quarters all levels go crazy and stuff, and you should always eat breakfast, especially if you're female. And that may be because everybody's body's different. There needs, dietary needs are different. But how how true do you think that is?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's not one hundred percent true for everybody. And when somebody makes statements like that, they're basically putting every single woman in the same class, and we're all different, just like you said, So I think what's the goal, right, Like, if your goal is to be nourished and you don't have weight to lose, definitely you should be eating a breakfast, but maybe not until ten. It doesn't have to be at five in the morning when you wake up, right, so you still have a little bit of a fast in there. And actually the science shows that intermittent fasting reduces cortisol, it does not jacket the I think where intermittent fasting gets under question is in the lean muscle mass. They think that you're it's eating away your muscle masks master than your fat. And that's well, and I.
Speaker 3: Will say that right there is a big thing for people that like dos specific diets or whatever. But it's not the diet that's at fault. It's you that's a fault because you're under eating. You're not eating enough to keep your body nourished so that it's not breaking down your muscles.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so the plan that I'm on to release weight, and I do a lot of things. This is also in my human design, which is kind of funny. I experiment and I do things on purpose, like I did a three day water fast in January, which I had never done before. One of the hardest fucking things I've done in.
Speaker 4: My life now that would kill me.
Speaker 2: I was doing the glucose monitoring and making sure my blood levels were good so I was taking good care of myself, drinking electrolytes throughout the process and making sure that I did not drop below a certain blood sugar level. But the reason I did that was because I wanted my cells, the cells of my body to restore and rejuvenate. And it takes seventy two hours to hit the point where one hundred percent of your cells have completely restored themselves, and like your body turns on the bad cells and so like if there were cancer cells floating around somewhere, like they're gone, right, because your body is beautifully created to take care of itself like.
Speaker 4: That, right, absolutely not meant to eat all day.
Speaker 2: We were not. So now I'm now I'm doing this because I do have a little extra fluff that I could lose reute release and that's my goal here and it is working. But what I will but what I'll tell you is is no, it's a very low calorie thing because it's just protein, vegetables and a piece of fruit. However, I'm not supposed to exercise either. Walking is about the most that I can do, and one day I walked way too long because I think I can just go for five miles and it ain't no thing because I have energy and eating like this. Oh my gosh, the energy's insane, by the way. But I overdid it and my body gained because it was holding water because I was inflamed because I did too much. So you have to understand like why and how to do this properly. And this is only for forty days, it's not It's not like how Shannon's eating for the rest of her life.
Speaker 4: Right, I will I will move.
Speaker 2: There is like a gradual move through a little tiny bit of regular keto and then kind of eighty twenty lifestyle sort of a thing. But again, I like to do this stuff so that I can coach others because my sister, who she probably won't be watching this, so I can I can care. But she probably has over one hundred pounds to lose, and she has already lost about thirteen herself in about the same length of time, and this has been extremely difficult for her. Her mindset was not.
Speaker 4: Where it was supposed to.
Speaker 2: I'm never a bity partner, right, so like every day we're checking in, how are you, did you lose? What's going on? And we decided, you know, we we both have had frustrations on this already her especially she she has caused herself to have what's called the keto flu, and that is like, you know, headaches, diarrhea, dizziness, like every day and she's miserable. And I said, well, that tells me that you went off the carbs way too fast. This was way too harsh, right, So I put her on a little tiny bit of carb for her first meal, and I said, just do this for the first meal. So you are giving yourself the energy because your body got too extreme too fast. So you know, if you're going to do something like this, get a coach or somebody that knows what the hell they're talking about and go through it. Because I can tell you if this was dangerous or not safe, I would not be continuing it myself. For me right now, I feel amazing. The intermittent fasting is working really really well for me because my body. And I've said this, you could probably go back on our other podcast, like I don't like food in my body. I feel so good when there is no when I cannot feel a gut full of food, I work out better, I have better energy, And it's because your food is only supposed to be fuel. It's not supposed to sit like a rock in your gut, you know, And I just function better. I sleep better. So even though I can eat and tell eight in my window, I'm done by about six six thirty usually because my food will not digest if I eat it at eight, it will not digest in time for me to go to bed at eight forty six, by the way, and I cannot sleep with a gutful of food, and that's not a good thing either. It causes weird dreams and like you're hot and it's uncomfortable. So I have to be fully digested before I go to bed too. And that's just me because I know my body. But this is just you know, this is a safe way to do it, as long as you're not going to the extreme. That being said, the protein piece of this is where all of the calories come in, so it's it's a fairly low protein. I took the liberty of adding myself a couple ounces of protein rather than just four ounces, I'm giving myself six, which is still a deficit for me because I'm a high energy burner. And so you know, knowing that, you know, it's like you got to have all of the facts. You can't just go into it willy nilly. That's why most of this stuff. People want to do it for free. People want to do it like and want to have success at it, but either their mindset isn't ready for it and they need a coach to like keep them accountable, or they don't know what's happening to their body and they go, oh, that's unsafe because it didn't work for me. It doesn't mean it's unsafe. You caused a Harkshomer response.
Speaker 4: You're right like freaking out one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And that's what a lot of people, no matter what kind of diet they start, whether it's carnivor keto, whatever, whatever, you have to be ready to make a change, and you have to know in your mind, Okay, I'm going to give up whatever it is, sugar carbs, blah blah blah, and you have to do it at the level that you're comfortable with. Wait, if you're if you're like a go getter person and you don't have an addictive personality and you can stop like all sugar cold turkey, great for you if you have that mindset.
Speaker 4: But some people don't, and they have.
Speaker 3: To ease, and so you have to ease in with like three days a week for so long and then go to four or five days a week or whatever so that your body doesn't freak out.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing is when people say I've tried everything. I keep this around for that exact situation when you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this you haven't, because I'm pretty sure I said that a time or two and I was just saying this was hormones. And but I you know, I'm a natural path and I am as fluffy as I was. I was at an all time high for me, and I'm like, uh, this isn't okay. Like I'm helping people with their health, and like, look at me, and now I know I don't have to be the skinniest thing on the face of the planet. I get that. I'm I feel like I have that control. But like I had said, I had tried everything. I have paid three hundred and fifty dollars a month for fuelings on one plan and it worked until it basically taught my metabolism to stop and I retrain my metabolism. I have done the healthy eating. I haven't eaten fast food in seventeen years right, Hey, Oscar, quick, Oscar, Oscar, he's such a jerk. Sorry, if you can hear him, I don't know what he's barking at. But it's moving. You can get so you haven't tried everything, and sometimes you just need a tailored program for you, for you. But that's what I love about what I'm doing is it's a mixture of a couple of different things. It's not just this like new fad thing. And the other thing I love about it is that it's not forever. Because I have always said, if somebody tells you to do something for life, run you shouldn't know anything. Your body's changing, everything's shifting and changing, and I think we also this might kind of flip us into that conspiracy side, but I don't care. I think it's truth. We have to also look at what's happening in how the energy of the earth is shifting. It is the human resonance is definitely shifting. We've got more solar activity than we've ever had, and I think more is coming, and it's just fucking with things like hard. But we're in this place where we're like, Wow, I don't understand, is it a full moon like, No, it has nothing to do with the moon, by the way, which I will reserve my comments about that. But you know, there is a lot of stuff that we're shifting through as a collective that we have to look at that is changing how we are supposed to eat. So if you continue to go, oh, well, I need to go back to, you know, the meat and potatoes like I was raised on, because I was so thin back that, well, your meat and potatoes didn't have all the crap in them that they have today. So not only do we have to think on our feet because they are trying to poison us in this country. We're headed in a good direction so far, finger crossed. Let's hope it continues. But our food isn't what it was when most did and so we have to start looking at what EMF radiation is doing, what the solar energies are doing, the consciousness of Earth, what the earth resonance is doing. Like we're shifting and a lot of people can't eat like they used to anyway, and I don't I think we need to stop normalizing saying it's our age. I've had so many people say, oh, well, you know, once you hit forty that's when it all goes downhill, and I'm like, I'm almost forty six, and I feel like the best in the best condition of my life because this is like getting square in addition to me getting the physical down, you know, and getting it like cohesive, and I feel amazing.
Speaker 4: So I can say that too. And I am literally a very short.
Speaker 3: Few months away from the discount on the senior menu.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that. Actually, that's awesome. But yeah, we need to stop saying age is a culprit. It's not. It doesn't have to be at all, but so is the This is the big thing I think when you I think, this is what everyone watching this needs to first consider. When you're thinking about doing any kind of a plan or correcting corsel, whatever you're doing, you need to sit with your thoughts and think, Okay, what do I know now? Oh? Well, I know that they whoever they are, it's arbitrary. But whatever they say that it's not safe for this, I'm gonna say, stop right there and challenge that thought. If you don't start taking captive of your thoughts and challenging it, you're never gonna get past it because it's not true. There are more truths out there that we never even can considered before. There are true ways of doing things that we haven't even heard of yet. And as we shift, we have to be doing new things anyway. So why would we be like, oh, that doesn't work. I just know that doesn't work. How the fuck do you know?
Speaker 3: Well, again, that's a control thing, right, because you think that you are the genius of the universe, and you know more than God who created your body system in the first place, to work perfectly.
Speaker 4: We're the ones that screw it up.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And why is that?
Speaker 3: Like you talked about supplements earlier, how many people do you talk to that literally take like twenty five silplementths a day, oh or more most everything. I need one for this, and I need one for that, and I heard this on a show, so I better get that, and I'm going to do this and this and this. I don't feel good on a lot of supplements.
Speaker 4: I just do not.
Speaker 2: Like we should be getting all of that from our food anyway. You have supplements. In biblical times, they used oils, you know that That was their everything. That was their medicine, That was the way that they kept their frequency lifted. That was everything and it all came from plants, it all came from the earth.
Speaker 3: But it's so easy for us to dismiss everything and even the way that our bodies intended to work, because we're looking for that uber fast, quick fix, like I have. I'm going to take this injection because it's guaranteed I'm going to lose weight uber fast. Yeah, but what is it doing to your organs? And how is that going to shut your body down permanently?
Speaker 2: On another level, anything that they have created, I don't trust, no, same don't. I am heartbroken that I keep seeing people talk about the injection stuff, because I've also seen pictures of somebody who is struggling because like now they can't even gain weight and their stomach is completely paralyzed and they've ruined themselves. Yeah, I just it's so sad to me. It's so sad what we're watching. It's like, rather than being grateful for the human experience and being a human, it's like people want to look robotic. They inject their face, they fix their face, and it's like that number one tells me that you don't love yourself if you have to fix anything about your face. And I'm sorry I'm sorry because a lot of women are like, oh, but I don't want the wrinkles, and it's like, oh my gosh, then quit stressing out, because that's what's causing your damn wrinkles. So you stress out, you're now injecting those wrinkles to try to get them to go away. And now you're just gonna chase your tail. And honestly, we're meant to grow old start embracing this stuff. But we don't have to grow old that fast. We can still live forever. I mean, it's such a sad thing like that just tells me the state of the mental health.
Speaker 4: Right, That absolutely happened.
Speaker 3: So, but that's a good point because with the cortisol and it affecting mental and emotional state, right, it affects our constant need to be in an emotional state of panic and stress, and whatever affects our sleep and our ability to release the chemicals that we're supposed to to heal while we're sleeping metabolic so you're not processing your food or you're having gi issues, upset stomach bouts of crazy nauseat of nowhere and stuff. You talked about the bone health and the muscles and.
Speaker 4: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But it affects, like you said, your skined, your hair, your nails, literally, your heart, your immune system, all of that. Because if your body loves homeostasis right, loves the normal balance of things, and so if we are screwing ourselves by doing things that we shouldn't be doing to keep ourselves in that constant state of fight or flight, and your body's like in a panic mode because it doesn't know which way to go. So people can get in cortisol dysregulation where it's backwards, like it's supposed to be highest in the morning to help you get up and wake up and whatever, but instead it's flipped and it's really low in the morning, so you have no energy, you can't move, and at night it spikes crazy high.
Speaker 4: That would be me. I don't know why I haven't figured it out.
Speaker 3: Yet, because I'm not a stressed person. I don't worry about all the other stuff. I ground myself, I take time for myself. I don't worry about what this person said, that person said. I don't control other people's whatever. I don't drink, you know, so me, my culprits are probably smoking and caffeine because I love tea, but I do. I do do the adrenal booster cocktails. I do that, you know, and and all of this stuff I eat clean. I don't do processed foods and all of that stuff. So I'm like, I don't know what all it could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but my body's like still I'm backwards.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, just shy of telling you to go get yourself an or ring. If you notice the time, if you if you could look at the chart and see when your cortisol is spiking specifically, you would know what at what point in your day something had happened or whatever it was that was occurring at that point in time, and that that helps kind of tip you off to what stresses you out.
Speaker 3: But I'm usually like, so chill though, I don't let anything bother me. I gave all that up because I used to be used to be at a.
Speaker 2: Chart and it's you know, really you know, it's jiggly and it kind of spikes, and sometimes it'll spike with me, like running around the kitchen trying to pack a lunch to leave the house fast. If you're if you do anything, like you know, in a hurry, ever, like even just randomly that spikes me.
Speaker 4: I'm a sloth when it comes to doing things in a quick manner.
Speaker 2: The other thing could just be locking down the sleep and working on getting better.
Speaker 4: I think that's my biggest issue, is.
Speaker 2: Not sleeping causes stress too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that's probably like my biggest thing. But I am. It's in that weird stage where I'm like.
Speaker 3: Hot flashes at night and you know whatever, and then I'm like I get up and go to the bathroom. I'm like, oh Jesus, it's cold in here. I love just just sleep in the cold so hot in bed. And then when I get up, I'm like, burr, I'm cold, and then I'll cover up when I go back to bed. That's how I was getting and then later on like I'm kicking the covers off because I'm burning alive again.
Speaker 2: I was waking up like having to change my pajamas, just drenched. But it wouldn't I wouldn't wake up hot. I would wake up after like it was almost like after a fever when you when your fever breaks and you just start sweating like crazy. That's what I would wake up, and I'd be like, dang it again, I'm tired to waken up drenched, and so again it was like whatever whatever I was doing in the night season, But that's when all of my symptoms were starting to look like it was a hormonal imbalance, and so I was working on correcting that as well, and the sleep and then the I think the calming down aspect really really did the most for me. And so it was in that moment where I was like, oh my gosh, I've got to start teaching women like you've got to stand up for this. You have to say I need to take a break. I have to have one every day. Let's stop say and we don't take eat lunch at our desk while we're working. Stop it. Why, I mean, is it really worth the hourly wage that you're getting paid, or if you're salaried, why the fuck are you giving them all of your time? Like that? Draw boundaries, you know, take your time. Breathe. I have a little device called a moon bird and it was so cute. I got it at the Biohacking conference a year ago. And it has wings that kind of come out when you breathe in, and then the wings will go down when you're supposed to breathe out, and it teaches you different breathing techniques and you're just holding it like a little bird in your hand. When you feel the wings come out, that triggers you to breathe, and so you don't have to think about it up here because in your hand it's kind of making you go, oh, okay, I need to breathe in now. It teaches you like the box breath and different styles of breathing, and that's where I started. That's where I started to really like calm down and like bring that HRV level down.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and save for me like at night because you know, my husband goes to bed earlier than I do. I have that time by myself at night where I just like sit and you know, relax and whatever. And you know, I go outside a lot, and so like I'm constantly like you know, getting fresh air to nature stuff like that, and so I'm very good about like taking a break, grounding stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Is just.
Speaker 4: Trying to get the sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it might be a hormone thing, you know, just like trying to balance that, which you can do with herbs. I think you're an herb person. Oh yeah, there's lots of different herbs that you can use to do that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so that's what I want people to know that, Like it can be really high for you all the time, it can be really low for you all the time. And there's different problems that come along with you know, each one of the things. But you can also be a critter like me where mine is just just regulated and flip flopped from the way it's supposed to work. And you know, so there's all kinds of people and everybody's very very different about how you know, they can do it. Like if it's really high, you're going to have that problem with the weight gain and no matter what you do, you're still going to gain weight type thing which is a lot of women because you're not treating your body properly. You're not doing the things that you need to do to stop causing all the inflammation and stuff in there.
Speaker 2: And it's a balance. And you know, without living with a person, I can't say what each person needs to do. But it's different for everybody. I mean, you know, like I would tell you most women are working out too hard for them. You know, are we paying attention to the products that we're putting on and in our body which causes hormone disruption, So your hormone disruption could be from something else, but then causing the sleep issue. And it's then this cord is all spikes and you're actually spiking backwards, whereas oxygen and should be first, and then you know, should take care of that hierarchy. So I started just focusing on it, because what you focus on grows. I started focusing on things that brought me joy. And one of the things that I this is so funny, I knew brought me the most you.
Speaker 4: Thought about me, and then you were like, oh my god, I'm so.
Speaker 2: Happy I did. And then the second thought that I had, I was like, you know, I love theater. I should go and try out for a play. And it was funny because right after I had said that to myself, Facebook roles that the community theater was having these tryouts. I didn't tell anyone that I knew. I went by myself because it was only for me. I was only doing it because it brought me joy, and I thought, if I get a part, whatever, but I want to go and do this for me and be happy that I put myself out there to try out for a play. It was a very small cast, of like five total people, and I got in and what I realized when I was there is my ring was showing me that my cortisol levels were tanking. When I was there. I would be on my feet acting in a scene that caused me to move around a lot, and my cortisol would be super low, and I'm like, okay, okay, now I can identify what Shannon's issue is. So it could just be a matter of you needing to do something that lights your heart up because it's producing oxytocin, not the cortisol.
Speaker 3: But do you know what I'm saying, Like, you know what's funny about that is what brings me happiness and joy is helping other people, which I literally do.
Speaker 4: All day long, every day.
Speaker 3: But also with that comes emotion and stuff like that. That's why the constant need for you know, my downtime at rest and relaxation and stuff like that, because people bring a lot of emotions and I have to make sure that those are not attaching to me in the way that I'm internalizing those as my own because they're definitely not. Yeah, it's very mindful of that.
Speaker 2: You're an EmPATH, and so that's where that gets really tricky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's that's my thing, is that's what makes me happy, or animals make me very happy. That Hen's why I'm outside a lot. But when I leave the house, because of the area that we live in, there's like a lot of farms and stuff around here. So I can literally drive down the street and see goats and cows and horses and donkeys and more cows and more goats, and I'm like, I roll down the window and I talk.
Speaker 4: To them, and I'm like, I'm like, I love you goats. I go to goats. I having a good day. I talked to the I talk to birds and stuff that come in the yard.
Speaker 2: Yep. My neighborhood as well. There's cows on the back side of it, and when you walk around this loop you can see them and a lot of times they're at the fence and I call them moo moose. I'm like kimomo. And then we also get occasional mountain lions. We get snakes. Unfortunately, yeah, those don't.
Speaker 4: That doesn't bring me joy.
Speaker 2: No, that does not bring me joy either. But we get bald eagles occasionally. We get a lot of the a lot of the wildlife, deer, are always in my neighborhood, so yeah, it's kind of it's kind of fun. I saw a fox once to come through, so but yeah, I kind of feel the same way because animals have this really great energy and they're super sensitive to frequency, and they they know more than we give them credit for, I think, and so it's just kind of fun. So I love connecting with animals myself, and I totally talk to him like they're people.
Speaker 3: I'm totally like, my goal in life is to have a farm, so I can have all the animals that I want on my farm and just go outside and pet them and cuddle with them and whatever.
Speaker 4: That's my thing.
Speaker 2: I want horses so bad.
Speaker 4: My husband would not like that. He's allergic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a lot of people around here call them hay burners, and I think that's disrespectful. It is. I don't want to be on them. I want to be around them.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this question, since we're talking about like being outside and with frequency and stuff like that, how do you feel that sunlight factors into the whole cortissol thing?
Speaker 2: So sunlight is necessary. That was another thing that I that I worked on. Another unpopular thing is I don't wear sunscreen unless not even not even that. I don't ever unless I'm going to be outside for like four to eight hours, then I will. But if I'm going on a walk and I'm exposed for an hour and i get a little sun kissed, I'm not gonna worry about it because there's nothing on my skin that's going to burn me, which is what sunscreen does. But we're blocking the sun. Block for sure blocks the sun and it's nutrients from our skin. So we need it for a couple of different reasons. Sunlight helps with cholesterol and maintain a manageable level, which we need so that our arteries stay soft and pliable. And that's created in the liver. So when your doctor wants to put you on a statin, it's say no, it's fucking up your liver and you're not getting especially if it's for cortisol reasons.
Speaker 4: That's dumb.
Speaker 2: Get outside. The sun is one of the natural doc There is nutrients. There are nutrients to be gained from the sun. You can do sun gazing, which is at sunrise or sunset, and I mean like the seconds as the sun is setting and the seconds as it's rising, where you stare at it without blinking, and you do have to be careful so that you don't burn your retinas. But that is part of like regulating the circadian rhythms of your body. But you do get nutrients in your eyeballs when you do that. I'm sorry, it's just a fact, Like that's what happens. The sun is is something that gives us life, just like photosynthesis to a plant, we also go through our own version of photosynthesis when the sun is on us. Vitamin D is a hormone. Actually it is not a vitamin. It is produced by the melatonin system in the pineal gland. Blah blah blah. Well, so last year, maybe it's been two years now, I stopped wearing the sun block on my walks. I would go for like an hour walk every day, and I noticed that my skin, which I'm a pasty Irish girl, I stopped getting red and I actually started to tan, which I've never seen in my entire life, Like how does a person white sea through invisible to now carrying a tan? I realized it was because anytime I put sun block on, it was burning my skin, turning me to lobster color. And then that healed, it went straight back to white. And now I actually like I can take my watch off and I've got.
Speaker 4: A you got a tadline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my natural color right there, not TRANSLUSA anymore.
Speaker 2: Not. But then I went to have my hormones checked in just you know, a regular blood draw and I actually didn't need to. I was not told to take vitamin D. And this was this was in my forties, Like, this is not this, this is very recent. So the sun, we we need the sun in so many ways. I try to get outside every single day for a minimum of twenty minutes minimum. And so yeah, you absolutely need it. You need the vitamins, the nutrients. I can't say enough about it. It's so what's killing you?
Speaker 3: So how do you feel because a lot of this stuff, when they talk about cortisol levels, they suggest like adaptagen specific herbs or supplementation of some kind that's along those lights.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it's necessary or could be beneficial to someone?
Speaker 2: No, I think people need to learn to breathe. That's free. You don't have to grow it. You don't have to wait for it to grow. You don't have to wait for it to ship. You don't have to pay for it, you don't have to make it into a salvage.
Speaker 4: I'm all about free.
Speaker 2: What's that.
Speaker 4: I'm all about free?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I think that breathing is a lost art. We don't I mean, I don't even have great posture right now. I could sit up straight, but I'm leaning on my chair here. But we are not taking full, full breaths. Most people are breathing quite shallow, and a lot of that has to do with the stress level that they're under. And that's probably what you know how the or ring really kind of detects that too, is whether you're getting all of the oxygen saturation that you need in the breath that you're taking. So practicing breath work, which that sounds if you think about it, that's dumb for people in the modern world to have to go to a breath class when we were born to fucking breathe. So I feel like we need to go back to like.
Speaker 4: Our baby state.
Speaker 2: Babies knew what to do. Babies did it. But yeah, like we need to take deep breaths, pause for five minutes just to deep breathe. You could do fire breathing. You could learn the different types of breathing that there is, because it all does something completely different. I did a program one time on my oh brain tap, and it put me into fight or flight. But that was on purpose, I guess, and I didn't know this when I first started the program, and it was my first experience with fire breathing, which is like almost panting, but for long periods of time to wear your body. It's they're trying to trigger your fighter flight on purpose. I'm serious. I was freaking out. I started panicking and there were a couple times I would take a deep breath to regulate myself because I was freaking out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: And so finally, like I just kept getting through it, getting through it, because I'm like, God, this is only a twenty minute program. Surely I'm not going to die. But by the end of the program, they ended up walking you through this shadow self exercise thing and it was so beautiful. But like, I wouldn't have gotten there had I not done the fire breathing to prepare me, to get me ready to enter into that level of brain wave state that I could manage that and go back to the previous shadow you know. Blah blah blah, but so breathwork I think is highly underrated. We need to breathe, breathe.
Speaker 3: So breathing reducing stress, trying to regulate your sleep and wake cycle, because you you literally cannot sleep until noon and then get up and then go back to bed and do that on a regular basis to have a good circadian rhythm.
Speaker 4: Right, eating for fuel and not for piggy anything else.
Speaker 2: Get something that fasting really does reduce cortisol. It really does. So, I mean, I know people are at that, but I that's one of the things I deployed and it worked for me. So intermittent fasting can do that for you. You just have to be smart about it and make sure that you know you don't take it too extreme. If you're the type of person that has to weigh yourself every day and you get obsessive about number, don't maybe don't intermittent fast because it'll never be enough for you.
Speaker 3: You have to get this right first, right, And just because you're not seeing a drastic change in your numbers on the scale every day does not mean that it's not working, especially if you are doing some kind of physical activity. It doesn't have to be or not running a marathon or whatever. But if you're doing you know, the light workout and you know, alternating days and then whatever, you're gaining muscle mass. So you're obviously not going to be dropping like insane amounts of weight while you're gaining muscle because your body's doing that so that you're getting healthier.
Speaker 4: And it's not abou breaking the numbers.
Speaker 2: It's not about the number on the scale, your measurements. Your measurements could get smaller and you haven't dropped a pound for that exact reason. There's a really cool meme that shows like six or seven different women lined up that are all different heights and different body shapes that are all one hundred and fifty pounds. So your one hundred and fifty might be you know, big for you because of your height, but my one hundred and fifty might be a little bit different looking, and I mean visually because I'm taller and we all hold it differently. So really, weight is arbitrary in terms of the number. However, I will say that I think our society has gone way too far in this whole normalization of like the fat shaming thing or whatever you want to call it, Like saying that big is beautiful. I'm not saying y'all aren't beautiful. I'm saying that we need to stop making that, like stop worshiping that that is unhealthy. It's an unhealthy state. Like I know that BMI and all of that kind of stuff can also be a little.
Speaker 4: Bit not garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, but the thing is is, like you you should be able to bend over and tie your shoe without having to hold your breath, or you should be able to bend over entire shoe and reach it, do you know what I mean? Like that was my sister said when she even just lost this first little bit of weight. She's like, I could see my feet, Shannon, and I just ab outride she could see her feet. I didn't realize that that was her view, that all she saw was her stomach and stuff that I was taking for granted. Every day she could bend over entire shoe and it didn't cause her like pain or you know, like to be out of breath by doing it. And I'm like, oh my gosh, like these are what we call the non scale victories. And I was I'm just I've been so proud of her. But it's the perspective that we don't see. But you know, it's like, what are you getting healthy for? You have to want it, and you have to you have to want it to sustain it. But you have to go through all of the skeletons in the closet up here, because they're gonna come out and it's going to make you want to eat more. And large amounts of weight is not healthy. I don't know, I'm saying that people aren't beautiful, but it's not healthy.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 3: And you know, it depends on what your what your personal reason is for diet, exercise, blah blah blah, Like we started our you know, exercise program at the gym or whatever.
Speaker 4: But my goal is not to be a.
Speaker 3: Fitness model, right, That's not me, uh, not into that kind of stuff. I don't want to look like I have doot muscles.
Speaker 4: That's not for me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: My thing is to get especially with my antiquated bodily age, right. My thing is to be able to improve my balance, okay, right, And so muscle tone and balance is what I care about, and so those are the things and that doing things like that is going to make me happy instead of making a super unrealistic goal where I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna like fill out and now I'm gonna have these big bulging muscles and whatever, because I know that's not what I want. So you have to really stop and think about is you want to feel better, but you want to feel better.
Speaker 4: In what aspect?
Speaker 3: And for me that's it because being that I am older, balance is super important.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, or having the the muscle endurance to be able to like move ourselves to college soon. Yeah you know what I mean, without like dying of panting or yeah, whatever.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing. It's not about.
Speaker 3: It's not about anything other than just protecting those things.
Speaker 2: For me, I think often this might be a bit extreme, but it's kind of sometimes how I think my daughter calls it existentialist. But you know, if the shit does hit the fan, because we're looking at some shit in the country right now, right like everybody's kind of on edge about it, I honestly don't really care. To a point, however, the reality might end up that we are off the grid and we have to live off the land or you know, I'm gonna go there. Right Let's say you end up in that place where okay, now it's survival of the fittest. You got to live off the land and protect what you have because people will come and take it from you. I don't know if you saw the movie and now I'm going to forget what it's called, but it's basically about that where there's a big like the made a nuke on the shores of California. It's a newer movie that just came out, And so they end up going to Colorado to this compound and they're having to defend all that they have and they've kind of hunkered down with some Marines who are securing the border. Blah blah blah. Well, anyway, if that, if that is the future, I want to be healthy enough. I don't give a shit what I look like, but I want to be healthy enough to be able to like work the land if I need to. If you're so overweight that you can't even like, you know, rake a garden or you know, like bend over to pick up the chicken at I was.
Speaker 3: Going to say, walk five steps without getting winded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then that's a problem. So for me, it's kind of like I want to be prepared and I want to be fit enough that you know, walking up a set of stairs isn't going to kill me, because I might have to be hiking or trying to survive or climbing a tree. I don't even know how I would climb a tree, first of all, like this would be a really funny story if they actually did, right. But you know, I have the gumption in the will. But yeah, I suppose I should probably take some survival classes, but like, I want to be able to do it and not have an issue bending over or picking up what if you have to carry water? You know, I think about some of the other cultures and third world countries where they have to literally carry their water and a jar on their head, and I'm like, yeah, I mean, think about how pampered we are, and so I guess ultimately that's what my goal is I want. And then I also think about my one hundred and twenty year old self, because that's going to be when I die. I think about her, and I'm like, well, I got to do this now for her, you know, so that I can make it there, first of all, but also so that by the time I get there, it's not the dementia and the Alzheimer's and that kind of stuff that's taking over. But that it's like because that's when I have decided to die, you know, and not for any other reason, like think about your future self.
Speaker 3: Right, And to your point, you know, like we were talking about like eating and cholesterol and things like that, and cholesterol is really really necessary for brain function because it's a neuroprotectant. So with all of this, you know, everybody's going to be on a statin and all of that stuff. It's just lowering that which is also increasing your cortisol, which also affects your brain. So where do you think all this massive uptick in Alzheimer's and dementia and all of those things come from. It's because we're not living according to the way God created us. We're living according to what the medical industrial complex says is good for us, which if if you're smart about things, you know that they don't tell you anything that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, we're not living according to the natural laws that were set in place for this earth. We're living in a modern society and with that comes a lot of heavy metals and a lot of things that you know, our soil is not even rich anymore, it's useless and so the food that is growing and said soil has to be genetically modified because regular stuff can't even grow in it. And right, we're really doing ourselves a disservice. And I know some people have secured you know, organic seeds or whatever, and that's great, and I love that I have like one of those hydroponic sort of things that you can do inside the house. And you know, it's we're definitely not living according to the way that God set it up, and we're not living off the land anymore. And we're not even living in trade with one another, you know. I think back to where people probably traded like I'll go shoot this deer if you will cure the meat for me, you know, or neighbors helping neighbors, and that kind of a thing. We rely on having to buy our food prepackaged or like adding hot water.
Speaker 3: To like, you know, because because we're lazy, right, And so we again want that instant gratification thing because it makes us feel good not to have to spend any time doing something that for me, like being able to create that stuff on my own, yes, is what makes me happy. And so like spending that extra time to make food, you know, with love and whatever is so much better and so much more rewarding to me than going to through a drive through.
Speaker 2: I don't do that, yep, And people are figuring it out. I think a lot of things are. People are trying to get back to that. But but then you know, you still have the people that are knee jerking and trying to get medications to fix them instantly rather than eat a diet that is worthy of you, and I mean it worthy of you, and you will completely change. Your whole body will heal itself when it gets what it needs. So I mean, if you have to be people don't want to be uncomfortable. That's just what it comes down to. But nothing changes in a comfort zone. And so I like, I actually crave the discomfort sometimes because I know being on the other side of it is when the victory takes place and you feel amazing. At that point, you've learned another lesson. So going through the hard shit sucks during that time, but once you're out on the other side of it, it's like, Okay, I'm ready for the next one now. And yeah, some days you need a couple of days to process that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, give me, just not bring something right now, that would be excellent.
Speaker 2: Just give me two days and then let's go.
Speaker 3: But you know, like we talked about like dieting and stuff and trying to control you know, cortisol levels through the way we eat and stuff. But I would say also, like as far as easing into things, right, if you are somebody that has never exercised or has an exercise for a really long time, ease into stuff. It's okay to go slow. If you're lifting weights, you don't have to go into the gym and automatically think one hundred and seventy pounds because everybody else is doing it. Start slow, baby steps at a time. If you are really large and you have joint issues and stuff like that, do chair yoga to start, do you know, get one of the stretching bands and do exercises in your chair until you build up that ability in that stamina to take it a step further.
Speaker 2: And I have learned too that the older that I get, not that age is the reason, but the older that I get, the flexibility thing becomes more important too, Like my workouts will kill me if I don't warm up and stretch and even stretching afterwards to get kind of roll out the blactic acid and stuff like that just directly after the workout, and then I hurt for days afterwards, and then you don't want to work out on top of that hurt, you know, So knowing how to like get if your body stays mobile and flexible, then your workouts shouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's that's where I'm at, and I'm happy that I'm at that place. I don't need to go in, you know, and and bench press a large amount or anything like that, because, like I said, my goal is not to body build. My my goal is to strengthen. So, you know, so mess Shannon, thank you so much for joining me. I know, it's fabulous. I hope everybody learned a lot of cool, super duper tips on things. So where can people find you at?
Speaker 2: They can find me on Instagram and Facebook at Creative Light sixteen, and then my website is www dot Creative Light Wellness dot org.
Speaker 3: Okay, and so, folks, for me and for Shannon, thanks for tuning in to another episode. We hope you guys have an amazing, amazing day and we will check you next time.
Speaker 4: Have a good one.