Speaker 1: One w R, Orlando's rock station. Good morning from the Lynching Tacos Show. Time for teket out the latest technology news, trends, innovations. We try to get a little bit of it all in every week at this time. Brought to you by Pick your Ticket Thursday at one oh one one w JRS Instagram All day today in this evening, just swing by get yourself eligible to pick your concert ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be tickets for this weekend, VIP passes for the Leesburg Bike Fest, could be tickets to go check out Blink one eighty two, whole bunch of other JRR shows if you're not following us on Instagram at one o one one w jar R.
Speaker 1: Nintendo's delayed switch to pre orders finally kicked off for consumers in the United States this morning just after midnight via best Buy, Target, and Walmart websites, and almost immediately big problems after nearly an hour. Our frustration, many folks us, well, yeah, that's kind of sounds like what happened here, And then a lot of users were reporting having issues even getting one of the consoles into their shopping carts, and in some cases when they did, they get to the checkout and then are told they have incomplete user information and to update that before and then getting kicked out of the site and what And then people started getting the messages that pre orders are currently out of stock. So I'm not quite sure where it sits right now a quarter of eight, you know, about eight hours into the odds sale for switch to here in the US. But good luck is what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: That stinks.
Speaker 1: Now, keep in mind these are I got to have it first, got to have it first type stuff, you know. So at some point though, you'll be able to just walk in the store and buy it. So it may be a tough slog if you're trying to get the online purchase today. So what's going on with Elon Musk? He grabbed headlines this week when well, first off, he had the earnings call for Tesla, and as expected, the earnings information was not good. His company has been attacked ever since he became, you know, the facto head of DOGE under the Trump administration Department of Government Efficiency, and it's been open season on Tesla, Tesla drivers, Tesla dealerships, and where it stands now, his company is hurting.
Speaker 3: They really are.
Speaker 1: He did say on the earnings call that starting next month, he will be taking some steps back from his day to days doing his volunteer. He doesn't get paid to be the doge guy. He's just doing this. He'll be stepping back to dedicate more time to running Tesla and his other companies. Totally get that. A lot of people were taking that as him, you know, pushing panic button, but in reality, he as this contracted type government employee. One hundred and thirty days is what he's permitted under law to kind of be in the current position he's in right now, So that would line up to about one hundred and thirty days. As one hundred day mark is next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Then you add in the next month, math works out he will still be involved with the folks that he put in place to run the Department of Government Efficiency and said he'll probably cut his participation back to a day or two each week and the rest of the time working on his other companies.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, anyway you look at it, I think you and I agree on this that people that are burning up Tesla's and doing all it's just stupid.
Speaker 1: Come on, you can think what you want about Elon Musk. That's fine.
Speaker 3: He's a kajillionaire for a reason.
Speaker 1: There's no denying he is one of the great minds of our generation. Think of what he has done, what he has made reality. And you know he was a darling of you know, these very people who are trying to run his company out of business right now.
Speaker 3: Which is the great irony? I just doesn't compute. I agree with you, Taco. Just stop stuff like that. Everybody chill out.
Speaker 1: Neither of us are gonna go out and buy electric cars. No, that doesn't mean we have a problem with electric cars or whoever makes them. If you want to buy an electric car, you should be able to go buy one without fear of having it keyed or burnt helmet.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Pinball Pete had a pre s before anybody even knew what they were. We're gonna stop what I said. Oh man, your car just studies now it's half electric, it's hybrid.
Speaker 3: Pinball Pete twenty pounds A swing in me? All right? Thin is in?
Speaker 1: It looks like as uh. Leaked photographs of what's purported to be the iPhone seventeen are out there now, featuring an incredible thin iPhone that I guess is in the works. And ironically, the same rumor seems to be true about the next Samsung Galaxy, which is also going to be an ultraslim model to be the it's going to be called a Galaxy S twenty five Edge, and it sounds like Samsung will be holding an event on May thirteenth to unveil that ahead of launch into markets three months later. In other phone related news, this ties into the tariff situation. Apple has started assembling iPhone sixteen e's in Brazil, where the tariff rate will just be ten percent rather than what's going on in China, so that obviously moved to prevent some of the cost increase with that particular iPhone. Moving forward again, the whole tariff situation, it's all big negotiation. And where this all ends up states a work in progress. Honda's fuel cell system could find a home in space. This is cool technology here, and we've talked a little bit about this in the past, is.
Speaker 3: Hydrogen power.
Speaker 1: In fact, this technology exists already in some vehicles still in the very early stage. I think BMW actually have a model on a very limited basis that is a hydrogen powered vehicle. And if you think about it. You want to talk about coming up with a system that truly, you know, would leave very little carbon footprint, This would be the way to go.
Speaker 3: Plus they make peroxide, sure, yeah, that too.
Speaker 1: Honda though, has this new regenerative fuel system that they want to test aboard the International Space Station in hopes of eventually using this technology when we set up a lunar colony on the Moon. You're gonna need energy wherever you set up. And there's no date set yet for what flight this will be on, but the idea is to get it up there at the ISS, do some testing on it, and then you know, improve from there and go from that point.
Speaker 3: Good stuff, good stuff. There's some scared part of me on that too.
Speaker 1: A new bill before the Florida Senate, if passed, would make it open season on intrusive drones. The goal of the bill would be to expand the Sunshine State's overall restriction on unmanned aircraft systems. That expansion would include giving a property owner the right to use a reasonable force to stop drones from conducting surveillance citing a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Speaker 3: That does not mean pull out your shotgun.
Speaker 1: The definition of reasonable force is open to interpretation, and this is Florida after all, so that can be a broad interpretation.
Speaker 2: I could just see this now, I said, the shot going because we had a listener that texted in that he got in trouble for that, dude.
Speaker 3: Don't.
Speaker 1: As the bill currently stands, there are no limits on what action property owners can take, but a drone must be flying under five hundred feet for defensive action to be taken. Again, this is just in front of the Senate for consideration, has not passed yet. So, as Taco said, don't get out there and just start shooting drones out of No, don't.
Speaker 3: Shoot anything into this sky. What goes up must come down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Oh my goodness. A couple more things here, let's see. Oh do you have Max HBO Max? Well, this was rumored and now it's happening. Apparent crackdown on password sharing outside the home. The company's streaming service, Max has launched a new feature it's calling extra Member add on. Does that sound familiar Netflix subscribers, yep, paid sharing model. The new feature allows users to add an extra person who does not live in the same household as the primary account holder to the subscription for a monthly fee that will be seven ninety nine cents on top of what you already paid you if you want to allow someone to share, and if you're going, well, I'm not going to do that. Well, it sounds like they're going to cut off the extra users here as we speak. This is starting to roll outs all.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, people have kids in college and me rang in taco.
Speaker 1: I know you love having an AI story. There's a Chinese hair salon that's utilizing AI to shampoo customers. AI powered machines to washing rens hair in just thirteen minutes.
Speaker 2: And in next week's next week's Idiotology, we're going to have a lead story of somebody getting scalped.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: These machines use infrared sensors to detect the scalp and choose the right shampoo and method based on a hair type. Yeah, it sounds like this could go sideways horribly, as you said, for a potential future idiotology story. All right, I think we covered a lot of ground for check it out this morning. Are you feeling technically satisfied right now?
Speaker 3: I'm advanced? Oh good?
Speaker 1: All right, I'd like to invite you to stay with us we're going to get Lynchin Taku's commercial free workday rock block owned.
Speaker 3: In a few minutes, mentioned Tako on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app