Speaker 1: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for listening today. We're gonna give away some BFD tickets right now. We're gonna be doing it all week long. You gotta be listening to win, and you gotta have that iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Do you have it? Have you downloaded it? It's cool.
Speaker 1: You can stream all the good iHeart stuff, including your friends here at ninety one point one The Eagle. It's a great way to leave talkback messages with us as well. You're listening Teresa Middays or Woody in the mornings, leave a talkback message. We love it when you do it with us too. Now we're gonna give away BFD tickets to the first person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question which famous national podcaster sports figure just said that me and Ben should be in the made for TV movie about the Luka Doncicz trade. We just played audio of it like twenty minutes ago. If you're listening, you know, first person that says it, you win. These BFD tickets will be giving them away all week long, So good luck for that. Everybody got some football stuff we need to get in to hear in about thirty minutes the Today Game, all kinds of good good But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Juicy and news.
Speaker 3: Hot gods, every live, come.
Speaker 2: Stay on top in the Higby wood shovel shut all right, I got some movie news, get some music news. I'm not a huge fan, you guys know this. I'm not a huge fan of playing you know, trailers, but I have trimmed this one down because I do think it's a decent one to play here. One of my irks in life right now is the absence of good old fashioned comedy movies. Yeah, you know, it just hadn't We're just not getting that a lot lately. And that's okay because there you know, the movie industry is going through a lot and all that stuff. But I want it back, and I think we have a chance. Coming in May is a new movie starring Paul Rudd and Tim Robinson. Tim Robinson, for those that don't know, is the star of the hit comedy show on Netflix. I think you should leave Huge Hit Huge, as he's a cult hero. He was in Detroiter's on Comedy Central. Back It's good, It's really good. So if you guys remember one. I think it's one of the most underrated movies. It gets overlooked when people start naming out movies of the era of the late two thousands, the Titanic, It's I Love You Man. Yeah, it's very watchable, great movie, very watchable. It's a great movie. Yeah, it's so good. It's a great movie. But Paul Rudd is playing the wush role, and you know, and Jason Siegels, the guy he always is kind of well.
Speaker 3: Quick question, Yeah, where do you rank that? With hot Rod?
Speaker 2: And mcgruber above it? Sam very much above it. I think I reckon above Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I like, which I like.
Speaker 1: It's not as good as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and probably not as good as Role Model.
Speaker 2: You need to watch I Love You Man again. I've seen it in the Last God we could power rank all these. Uh, that's the only way to really determine all this. I mean it's good. I like it.
Speaker 1: But if I'm flipping the channels and I have three movies I can choose from in order, I will watch over that hot Rod for Getting Sarah.
Speaker 2: Marshall, and then I Love You Man. Last sounds like another bracket idea. Yeah, I just think that's that's the most whack thing I've heard. I don't have the Luca trade.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with what he's saying because I think that it's it's like a NASCAR race. There's a tight grouping, they're right around each other. There's no clear cut winners there. But I think Sarah Marshall is a cut above. I'm definitely gonna watch it. I mean, like I said, it's watchable, it's good.
Speaker 2: I'll go as far to say as I don't think they're even that close, like and I like Hotrod, like hot Rod's down, And then I think in the middle would be FSM and then above it would be I love you man forgetting Sarah Marshalls. But everyone just well, this movie is called Friendship, and rather than Paul Rudd being the meat guy, he's kind of the crazy neighbor. And uh, here's a trailer just to get you primed and pumped. From here we go, I'm up here we go for money. The new neighbor of invited you over for a drink.
Speaker 1: It Hey tonight, I.
Speaker 2: Said you'd go. You don't know my schedule. You sit there every night. It might be nice to have a pal, you know, a bud. Hey, guys, this is my neighbor Craig. He's the best. I was just firaling them, and I see the way the guys look at her. I'm just I'm scared. She was lucky to have a dad like you. Something. It's like eight guys in a room. It's supposed to be a pal hanging. This one guy is just like, I see how the guys look my daughter. Okay, So there, it's like, wow, it comes over to hang out with the guys. It's like this real intimate conversation. And then one guy starts breaking into a song and they all start singing together. So it's a real strange group. Okay, Okay, I can see the future. See it's full of pals. I'm on the edge of life in the view and you scor.
Speaker 3: Book.
Speaker 2: We had a couple of really nice hangs. I think invest that we go our separate ways. I don't wish to continue this friendship. You all accepted me way too fast. You can't do that. You made me feel too free. People need rules. You should be give me a second chance.
Speaker 1: Get to know, there's a new Marvel out that's supposed to be nuts.
Speaker 2: We should go see that. It's gonna be awesome. You guys know what the idea of the high concept movie is? How do you mean? So there's a Hollywood term.
Speaker 1: It's called the high concept movie and it's a movie that you can describe in twenty five words or less?
Speaker 2: Is that the elevator pitch thing?
Speaker 3: The idea of its Shawshank redemption means fast and furious exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the one for this based on not seeing a single frame of the movie, but hearing the way it's set up. It's I love you man, which is ironic that you brought it up then turns into the cable guy. Yeah, okay, that's great call because it's set up with you know, the wife force, you gotta go be friends, and then suddenly you have the clingy thing and then it gets hyper weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's very on point, is there?
Speaker 3: And dudes, guys have problems making friends as you get older, just you get out of a social network, you have kids, and then your friends end up being the parents of your kids, friends or whoever they play youth sports with, and then it may graduate to being you have these friendships based around just people that are your favorite people in most proximity to you. But I see awkward guy groups forming all the time, and guys are trying to find their way. They hope they get accepted into it. It's awkward, they might get edged out.
Speaker 2: And he plays such a good uh that like outcast type of guy. Tim Robinson. Who is his wife in it? You know what, I don't know. It's okay, So she's a nube. No, I don't know that she is. No, I just don't know that I was paying attention.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that you say that because in my mind, I'm thinking the wife from this is forty because it's right in that same wheelhouse of all those movies, you know, leslie Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's also has a lot of power in that. Anything he says you kind of laugh at because of his face. Yeah, it's yeah. I think it's it's either Kate Mara or Rooney Mara. Oh, I like a girl from the House of Cards. She pushed into the train and she was in the spoiler alert, I don't watched teacher. Oh yeah, she puts her name. He's right, it's Rooney Mara or Mara Rooney or something like that. Kate Kate Mara, Kate Mara. In fact, you know it's wild because she is in the family of both the Steelers and the Giants owners. Kate Mara, Kate Mara. Yeah, okay, I've seen her before. Yeah, she's been around all right. Oh yeah, she's in everything. Oh she was in Shooter. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: What a great moment, dude, it's uh, that's on Danny Glover's sunglasses.
Speaker 2: Danny Glover sunglasses. He can't get him right on his head he's wearing I just describe this sounds wearing his sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so basically the top so it would normally go over. The ears are about they're pointing upward at a forty five degree angle, and they are about three inches above his ears.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really make any sense at all. In other movie slash TV type news, Ben Stiller is going to star in a drama comedy dramaedy on Our Acama on HBO called The Band. And he is this like music executive guy and he's in trouble at work because he can't find the next pop stars. So he's got to go find a new pop group. I imagine it'll be a boy band. So he's a talent mogul, but there's a lot of scandal going on and he's trying to save his career and I could see him kind of being downtry and guy because that's Ben Steeller. So that looks good something to look forward to. I like that, are you uh? What is what is his apples show again? Are you in? I'm caught up? Okay, caught up last night?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are they releasing him? One? Gotcha? It's wonderful, it is You're in? So good?
Speaker 3: God for whatever reason, so confusing, I couldn't reconnect. It's great, but I will never say anything about it on social media because I love Ben Stiller so much. And I noticed that he will search for comments that he's not even c seed on and respond to people. And so he liked the guys he plays in movies, but in a fun way, like not as he's like yeah, Like somebody was like, hey, I haven't been able to get into this this year of severance, and he goes yeah, and it only gets worse from here.
Speaker 2: It kind of drags out, and that's yeah. You know. Bill Lawrence did that to me one time. He's the guy who created Ted Lasso and he I mean, just an innocuous Ted Lasso tweet. And he's like, oh, I'm sorry, We'll try to make it funnier next season. I'm sorry. I love Scrubbs. Sorry Bill. Yeah, that's why I'm not coming. I need to give it another shot.
Speaker 1: It doesn't it doesn't matter how you know, much success you can achieve, you can still be wildly insecure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: There's a huge twist in episode two of season two of seven. It's very good. I'm gonna watch it tonight. Oh, and the Backstreet Boys are playing the sphere. Oh that's who's playing the sphere. What. Yeah, there's kind of let anyone that wants to take the time to do some graphics get in there.
Speaker 1: Man, there's gonna be so many sweaty fifty year old say that.
Speaker 3: They're they're kind of letting anyone who wants to do some graphics give him.
Speaker 2: You don't take the time to do the graphics, they'll let you in.
Speaker 1: If the Backstreet Boys have that cat that was on that guy did that zoom call for the Core, What if that giant cat was on the screen of the sphere.
Speaker 2: Pretty good? All right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, Jason Witten has responded. He has spoken, and it has to do with why he's not the head coach of the Cowboys now or maybe he will be in the future, or was he involved in this head coaching search. We'll discuss that next