Speaker 1: Ripud news mean advice.
Speaker 2: Who you don't have the come run anxious as fast as you can, shoot us gonna help come.
Speaker 1: Dix. He is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three, seven to one three talk seven one three eight two, five to five. I have some guests today, have Henry Bretz from mom Excel roofing, and then anything and then you're my main guest. So anything you have call us. Let me just say this. I mean I come on every day. I've been doing this for forty five years and did for just saying welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: And let me just say this, I really mean it.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, and that means I want you to take advantage of us.
Speaker 1: I want you to help us. I want you to be part of it.
Speaker 3: You know, we take for granted sometimes this show because we have helped so many people. So if you just want to shoot the breeze, call us. In other words, if you don't have a problem, but you notice something that looks awry or possibly you want to help stave off a problem because you feel like it's going to be a problem, let us know This is where we get most of our information from our listeners. Dorothy, she has an issue with a contractor and concrete, So we're going to kick off the day with her and find out what's on her mind today.
Speaker 1: So Dorothy, fire away. Dorothy.
Speaker 4: Well, we had some concrete work steps put in leading from our house down to the street, which the work was absolutely terrible. The owner, when he came to look at the job, agreed that the work was the worths were seen. Anyways, they came back wound up taking out the old the steps that they put in, and they redid the steps, which are good now. However, there was some other work that was supposed to be done on the side of our house. A step was supposed to be taken care of, and they were supposed to do drilling, diamond drilling to believe, or diamond cut I believe, and they didn't do that. They were supposed to repair work on our driveway and they did that in a terrible, terrible manner. They agreed that they would give us some money back. Well, my husband has been on the phone with them for weeks trying to get them to give us our money back, and they just put us off and they say they'll be out here on Friday, and you hear nothing from them, then they'll say, oh, well, Dorothy in a car accident.
Speaker 3: Dorothy, hold on one second. Okay, Now I just have a few things.
Speaker 1: Did you.
Speaker 3: First of all, how much was the contract for everything they were supposed to do if everything had gone perfectly?
Speaker 1: What is the contracted amount?
Speaker 4: Well, we originally it was forty two hundred dollars, and then okay, because of additional work, they backed the price up to well, we wound up giving them like sixty six hundred.
Speaker 3: Dorothy, Just give me the price, Dorothy, Just give me the whole contracted price. How much would it have been if everything went perfectly, Well.
Speaker 4: Let's see, it would have been forty forty two hundred dollars and plus. So I think it's forty nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, let's just say let's just say forty nine. Let's just say forty nine hundred. Now what I want to ask is this. We'll get to your problem, but I need to get the basics.
Speaker 1: How much have you actually paid so far?
Speaker 4: We've paid full amount and we paid it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So okay, Now what I want to know is are you expecting when you said to get your money back. Are are Did they say they would refund the entire forty nine hundred?
Speaker 4: No they did not, they would Okay, when you said.
Speaker 3: A refund, how much did they say they would refund to you?
Speaker 1: How much they.
Speaker 4: Were going to give us at least seven hundred dollars back?
Speaker 1: And oh, but that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound like enough at all. If the job is as bad as you say it is, seven hundred dollars doesn't sound like enough.
Speaker 1: What I need to know right now is of the job?
Speaker 3: Right now, what percentage of the job needs to be redone?
Speaker 4: Well, it's a minor percentage at this point, it's just three.
Speaker 3: But you had nothing but trouble is basically, and so this seven hundred is more like a good will adjustment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a fiasco. It's just been a terrible fiasco.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you. I don't blame you. This sounds terrible. What's the name of the company.
Speaker 4: It's CNJ Concrete and Asphalt Repair.
Speaker 1: CNJ. How did you find them?
Speaker 4: They actually came to the door, which we usually don't.
Speaker 5: The worst thing you could ever do, Yes, exactly, and the worst thing that is.
Speaker 3: So it's CNJ asphalt and concrete repair, and so what do you want right now? Let's let's just get right to it and see what we can do for you. You want seven hundred dollars back.
Speaker 4: For all the aggravation and everything that we've gone through. My husband has delt if.
Speaker 3: Listen, if everything you say is true, I agree on I mean truly, you know, really truly, if it's that bad. Now, did you ever have an independent person look at the job?
Speaker 4: We had Centennial Inspectors. They were working on our street and he does concrete work, and he looked at the steps and said, that is the worst job I've ever seen. And anyways, we have neighbors that all saw it. I mean, they could have had three more jobs if they had been you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, upright, Okay, here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what we're going to do. I hear that.
Speaker 3: You know, like I said, whether it's true or not, I mean not true, whether it's true one or maybe you're exaggerating little maybe not. It sounds like you had a terrible time. What what what? What what we can do is call them and Henry, you have something to say. Henry Bretch is with Excel roofing. Henry, Yeah, I just had a quick question. You said Centennial inspector. Is that the city inspector? I think that's what she meant. They were on this. The inspectors from Centennial were there. Is that what you said?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They were. They were replacing parts of the sidewalks and stuff up and down our street.
Speaker 7: So, uh, was it a.
Speaker 1: City inspector that looked at it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So was there a permit pulled on this? I'm just curious. It doesn't sound like it. So there was a permit on this job?
Speaker 4: No? No, no doors, not on our job.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe there wasn't one required? Is it required, Henry?
Speaker 1: For then? I don't.
Speaker 8: I think it is required for major work, it's required. I'm not a concrete guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, Dorothy, here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna have Deputy D call over there and just get the scoop, you know, just just find out what's going on.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you talked? When was the job completed?
Speaker 4: Oh? Boy, it was complete about three about three weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, hold on a second, Deputy D.
Speaker 1: Let's just let's just get the lowdown on this.
Speaker 3: You know, sure, all right, you hold on, Dorothy, We're gonna have someone, uh not someone.
Speaker 1: Deputy D call you.
Speaker 3: And then let's just make a call during the show to see if they even acknowledge a good will adjustment. Right now, I think that's the best we can hope for. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot net. You want good water, and you should because water is uh the biggest thing we can do to our bodies for health. Water first, then food, believe it or not, and water sucks. Right now, you can get great systems at the lowest prices. Waterpros dot Net three oh three eight six two five five five four Ali Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks every one three a two five five. So Deputy G is going to be working on that problem. And as soon as Kelly puts down her mimosa and gets him the information. Again, people, you don't have any idea what goes on behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, like we have fun, right, but then I just refilled it, Tom, so you know you just refilled it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mimosa's all right, and then so what breakfast drinks mimosas. And then the other one is, uh, bloody Mary, what else is it? What else is breakfast? I mean for breakfast? I like your coffee. Maybe all I know, But people are people get crazy.
Speaker 1: Andy has a question on cremation. By the way, if you have any.
Speaker 3: Problems, question complains, or you just want to shoot the breeze and you want to discuss stuff, give us a call Andy.
Speaker 1: What's going on with you, sir?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Tom, longtime listener time. We appreciate you, Thanks much, thank you so much, Thank you, sir. We use your referral. Referral this whenever possible. As a matter of fact, we just had Dan McKenzie do up a nice will and trustful.
Speaker 3: He's a good guy McKenzie law by the way he's talking about and here's what I like about him.
Speaker 1: He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: But he gives you that personalized touch. I say that because a lot of people equate big giant firms with with the kind of service that's supposed to be really good. But he's one on one with you and he takes care of your your your estate. Now, did you have a simple estate or did you have a more complicated estate?
Speaker 9: I think I would consider it a simple estate. He did the revocable trust for me and my family, and after we we did it, my daughter when did the same thing. So with Mackenzie law.
Speaker 3: So they're just well, thank you, I thank you for for believing in them and for believing in my recommendations. By the way, just let let me just do this since we were talking about him. Uh A three three c plans. That's that, Dan mackenzie A three three co plans. So what brings you to our show today? You have a question on cremation.
Speaker 9: I do, sir, because you know it's kind of along the same law line as planning your will. And you don't have any funeral cremation recommendations on your referral list. And you're right, the one thing everybody, everybody's going to need that he should get somebody on there.
Speaker 1: No, you know what you're you're you're right. And and the referral list, the referral list.
Speaker 3: You know, tries to be tries to get as many cat goers as we can. We used to have funeral people on there with with cremation services.
Speaker 1: What are you looking to I don't like this word, but they call it pre plan are you looking to put together a plan now for the future or do you have an immediate need.
Speaker 9: No, we're planning for the future, Tom. And my question, sir is, we've been talking with some folks at a place called Neptune Society.
Speaker 1: And yes, uh huh, I've heard of them.
Speaker 10: Talk to you.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're going to meet with them either this week or next week, but I wanted to talk to you first. What they really propose is to you know, get obviously signed up with them and pre pay.
Speaker 1: And that's when I do not reckon. I do not recommend it.
Speaker 3: Although they have a good reputation, We've had too many people prepay for this kind of service, not just cremation, but for funerals and things like that. It's just, in my opinion, not a good idea. Now, there are some that are independent and they have insurance companies underwrite them, and they're more like you know, and and they're not bad. But when you are dealing with a local funeral home or a local operation, or even.
Speaker 1: One that has been bought up.
Speaker 3: Private equity, by the way, is buying up a lot of these a lot of these places, I just say it's it's risky.
Speaker 1: I would not prepay. I just wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Again, Unfortunately, a lot of them don't let you do the planning upfront unless you prepay.
Speaker 1: But here's what I think.
Speaker 3: I think a basic set of instructions on what you want done.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that you need.
Speaker 3: To have it all set up if you give a constructions. Because cremation is something that we get. We used to get a lot of complaints about okay, and the complaints we got first and foremost where how do I know? I get the ashes of the person. And by the way, just so you know, it's all based on trust. Now, there are people that have been around forever and even though they have been taken over by private equity or big firms consolidators, they're still good. And I'll tell you Haran and mcconnaty has has proven the test of time. Now you might want to call them Horan and their website is Haran Haraan Cares, h O r A and harancars dot com. The reason I talk about them is because they've been around for so long and I know John and it's just a good operation. Neptune Society is known for low pricing and all of that. They help with veterans and all of that, but you have to pay up front. Now, Haranu mcconnaday, McConaughey may have McConaughey, I'm sorry, they may have ones.
Speaker 1: That you have to pay.
Speaker 3: I would rather pay them than the Neptune Society. And I'm not saying anything's wrong with Neptune, but they're just now. Now, there is a very very no frills one that's been around in Denver that has really good ratings called.
Speaker 1: Kramer k R A m E R. Now Kramer.
Speaker 3: Is A has been around a long time and they're really good people. But uh, and then there's another one I know personally, Feldman Mortuary. Feldman Mortuary is a family owned and operated.
Speaker 1: They're good people.
Speaker 3: So if you had to pay Feldman, or you had to pay Herana McConaughey, I would not hesitate. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Neptune, but I just would not pay them up front. Enough said there Again, a lot of people think that pre and I shouldn't even call it.
Speaker 1: Pre planning because that's redundant. Pre planning.
Speaker 3: Planning is pre When you plan something like this, it's better to give direction and general steps that like I requested of cremation blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Than to actually line it all.
Speaker 3: Up because these companies come and go, and it's like anything else. When you're locked into something, it's never it's never good, in my opinion, to be locked in.
Speaker 1: Where you must use a particular service.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't lock anyone in with my estate plan as far as that goes. You bring up a good point, Andy, And I'm going to tell you something. A lot of people do the estate plan and leave all of that out.
Speaker 1: They don't think about that.
Speaker 3: And it really is important because people don't know what you want.
Speaker 1: People like, some people may not want a viewing.
Speaker 3: They may look at it as weird or barbaric or something. Other people want a viewing, and or some people want a simple memorial. And that's where you can designate who you want to speak at the memorial or who you want to do the service, and how much of a service you want. Now, what some people have done, Andy, and you might want to consider this. Some people have made a small trust account just for those services.
Speaker 1: So let's say you have a master trust.
Speaker 3: Within that trust, you can set aside a certain amount of money that you put in a CD right now, and that will pay for everything. But you're not paying a particular service, you're just putting the money away.
Speaker 9: Does that make sense, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's paid for, so you're not paying any particular person. You're just putting the money aside and funding it. And it's specifically to be used for cremation or funeral services or all of those services. And many people with an estate plan do that for a lot of things. For example, they set aside legal fees, they set aside funeral arrangements, they set aside auction expenses if they're going to if they have a lot of stuff they need to be sold off. And for those listening, thank you Andy for calling. For those listening, I want to just say this, one of the biggest deals you can do is have as much spelled out as possible because people get very confused when it comes to estate planning. People get greedy, people get weird, and that's where you really have to make it very simple and simplicity is truly the secret here is not to get too complicated or put too many terms and conditions. And also it's okay to have more than one trustee. You can have a trustee, for example, that handles all of the real estate. If you were a real estate investor, let's say, and they know about real estate, but they don't have to be the trustee for everything. You can have an overall trustee, friend, associate, colleague, relative, and they can be your overall trustee. Then you can assign other trustees for segments of your estate. If you have a big complicated estate, you don't have to do everything under one personal representative. That's another thing people don't account for. Sometimes you may have a trustee that's wonderful, but that trustee knows nothing about maybe real estate, or knows nothing about your securities accounts, and speaking of investments, there are a few ways to transfer investments. Let's just say you have a Schwab account and other investments. Now, in my opinion, the best thing to do is to let the accounts be transferred and not necessarily liquidated when you want to liquidate and distribute. Sometimes you can take massive losses for your heirs, So I believe you should have a trustee for that part or a designate for that part of your estate plan where you can have that account transferred to your heirs as opposed to being liquidated and then possibly suffering losses.
Speaker 1: You can leave the choice up to the.
Speaker 3: Trusted person you put in charge of that area. Again, don't believe there is one way to do things. There are many ways to do things, and you are in complete control. That's what I love about McKenzie law.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy.
Speaker 3: And he sits down and talks to you about these practical ways of passing things on. It used to be everything's liquidated and passed on.
Speaker 1: That's a bad idea.
Speaker 3: Nowadays you want to look at each segment of investment or ownership and then do what's best in that realm. If liquidation is best, you do a liquidation. If passing on the account is best and having somebody babysit, then you do that. We have more coming up, and now we have Nancy on the line. We have other people on the line. If you have a problem, question or complain, give us a call and you can call three oh three Martino. That works twenty four to seven three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. Hi Tom Martino here, welcome three oh three seven one three talk also three three Artino. Remember you can call that anytime, day or night and we'll line you up for the show. Nancy called a couple of weeks ago and she was she was really upset with her place with the housing authority. I believe it was. Yeah, it was the twenty nine, thank you very much. And she lives in Sterling Housing Authority for eight years. In December of twenty four, just a few months ago, sewer backups occurred rendered her bathroom unusual. They moved her to another apartment and she is afraid that new apartment is now cross contaminated. And at some point, Nancy, we got to figure out is this in your head or is this in your apartment?
Speaker 1: Deputy Doc, I asked you to take.
Speaker 11: Go ahead. They they did. Just last week. They had a guy that just deals directly with molds. Because I put a demand for them to do that, he did swapcast. Told him where I get most affected, and he did the swap test. And so they give me a letter stating that he'll be back today. Well, apparently that must mean that the swap test is that he took that came up with something, because he's going to have to treat it now. Okay, So what they're gonna do is that they're not going to give you the court because they don't have to, of course. But what I did is I have my friend put on bluffs and goggles and all that kind of stuff and pick samples from everywhere that I felt sick. What I need help with is testing my own because what they're going to try to do is cover it up and not tell me anything of their phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nancy, I understand.
Speaker 3: You want to do your own Nancy, you want to do your own testing.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 3: Now what I want to know is, Doc, did you look into this at all?
Speaker 12: I've had several conversations with Nancy.
Speaker 13: The last one was on Friday, when what about with management?
Speaker 1: Doc? Just to see what they think?
Speaker 12: I called out. I didn't get a response back.
Speaker 13: But the last time I spoke to Nancy on front, she said that they were in fact having workmen come to fix some of the problems in her apartment, and she was going to get back to me and let me know one if they came and to what they did.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Nancy, I need to need some quick answers here without stories. I want to ask you, did they do any work at all in the new apartment?
Speaker 1: In this apartment you're in right now.
Speaker 11: They had well one contract tractor come in that did find mold, and when he did, they tore off the drywall in the front room. And this was April twenty first, and the wall is still exposed, so it's okay.
Speaker 1: Still okay, they have.
Speaker 11: Not fixed that, and have they done it?
Speaker 14: But they did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so they did do their own testing. They did do their own testing, and you're not sure you can trust it, So you want to know where you can get your own testing done? Right?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, I know I can trust it because the contract you called me and left me a voicemail stating that he did find mold. He left this on my voicemail, so I have that.
Speaker 1: But but didn't you just tell me? Yeah, they didn't.
Speaker 3: You just tell me you wanted to do your own testing contact.
Speaker 11: Yet, But I told them. I gave them the demand that are stating I want an outside company, an incredible company, to come and check directly from old again.
Speaker 14: And so they did.
Speaker 4: They did up.
Speaker 11: They came out Thursday last week, his finding work and apparently there's something here again because he's coming today to treat it. So that must mean there's still mold here. There's something still here because the moisture that comes in my wall is still exposed, so that all the moisture keeps coming in. You tested the wall, It's like it's like a sponge.
Speaker 3: It's soaked, really really, so you do ye so you can feel the more you I mean it really.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: It's coming from the outside. It comes down the wall. And where does it come in? Where does it come into your apartment?
Speaker 11: The whole north side of the whole wall from yeah.
Speaker 3: But where is it coming around? Is it coming in from the windows?
Speaker 1: Nancy? Is it coming in through the windows?
Speaker 11: Windows and walls?
Speaker 1: Okay, a flooring?
Speaker 3: Okay, and tell me they put the wall.
Speaker 11: Have you ever You're gone at twelve o'clock at night till one o'clock in the morning. And that causes more more shirt Right away, I started getting sick.
Speaker 1: I can't breathe. I feel it. Do they have any Do they have any apartments that are not on the ground floor?
Speaker 11: They have two buildings? Yes, they're the're high rise building.
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Do you think that might help you if you were not on the ground floor? Maybe if you were up higher then you wouldn't have to work.
Speaker 1: I have to table.
Speaker 11: I'm disabled, Tom, I can't. I can't you see that? Well, this contributed to me not being able to see hard anything, just the hair. I have to take strong beds. I've seeing all kinds of just a specialists, which is awesome that that you see how this helped me so much to get into putting.
Speaker 1: Nancy? What is Nancy? What? What are your current diagnoses? Right now? Tell me? Tell me what's wrong with you right now right now?
Speaker 11: Either diiorating, they're failing that they might have to do corneal surgery on of them. And then I have an autoimmune disease that I've contributed now that my body's fighting itself, attacking itself.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, how long how long have you been just Nancy?
Speaker 1: How long have you been disabled only? With vision only?
Speaker 11: With vision for for for for probably seven years, for vision only, none of this other stuff?
Speaker 1: I get it. When did the other stuff start?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 11: I was able to talk, I was able to breathe.
Speaker 1: Anybody that knows me, but Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, Nancy.
Speaker 3: I want you to listen for just a minute here, just listen. You know, mold exposure, Nancy. I don't think all of these problems are coming from that limited mold exposure you've had in that apartment. I think you're looking for a reason for these problems, and I'm just telling you that mold.
Speaker 1: Mold can give you some problems. But I just think that in your search for answers, you're latching onto this mold and you're saying this mold is causing everything, and I don't think it is. I mean, I think you might be having.
Speaker 3: Some problems for mold, but the effects of mold exposure are so exaggerated with people because they're so afraid or they're looking for I'm just going to say it like it is okay. Now this is not against you, Nancy, but let me just say it like it is okay, and put Nancy on hold.
Speaker 1: And what I'm going to do is.
Speaker 3: Have Deputy Dot call management and just see what they think about this situation. And if you don't get an answer, just keep calling back. I mean, let's get it. Let's get these damn people on the phone to give us at least an answer.
Speaker 1: Do they know the problem? What do they plan on doing?
Speaker 3: But I want to say something coming back on this mold issue, and it goes across to other issues as well. And really and truly I'm going to unload and I'm going back through my notes, so just stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Tom Ortino, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let me just say this and then I'm gonna I'll take your other calls as well.
Speaker 1: But ah, this is important.
Speaker 3: Whether it be mold, radon, asbestos, or other problems. There are certain people I'm just I'm not going to couch my words. I'm just gonna say it. There are certain people that are They're nuts, Okay. They have problems that can't be pinpointed. They have chronic fatigue, they have aches and pain, they have jittery nervousness, respiratory problems, autoimmune problems. They are symptoms in search of a diagnosis. That's what they are. And their whole life is unbearable to them because of these so called disabilities. And what I believe is people latch onto these as an excuse to be disabled, as an excuse not to live, as an excuse to sit back and let others take care of them, or attempt to get disability and other things. They are looking for a reason. Okay, now I am not saying these people are not ill or that these symptoms are not real. But what they're doing is they're hoping to find a reason for them so they can say, see I have mold poisoning, or see Raydon is doing this for me, or to me, asbestos is doing this. But all of these things usually take long term, heavy, heavy heavy exposure to have symptoms and to have diagnoses. But people are looking for a reason to be a dead beat. I don't know how else to put it. They're looking for a reason to be a dead beat. Now my heart goes out to them, because much of it is mental illness or emotional instability. And God forbid, they get into an apartment and see some mold, then every problem they've ever had is going to be tied to that mold or that asbestos or whatever. People are looking for an excuse to check.
Speaker 1: Out of life. They just check out.
Speaker 3: They don't want to work, they want people taking care of them, They want some kind of an income, They want to be.
Speaker 1: Cared for.
Speaker 3: They want everyone to cowtow to their disability, and they start blaming people, and they look for reasons why they don't feel good, or why they feel disabled, or why they feel weak. Look, there are people who do have problems, but many of them stem emotionally and they're tied to some event in their life or something that's not going well in their life. Then they start feeling bad, they start feeling they get maybe headaches or aches and pains, they don't want to get out of bed, they start feeling sick, and then they go and hunt for the reason for the excuse. And people love when they can find an excuse. Over the years, we have had people call this show and they've even gone so far as to research on the internet what disease they have, and then they set out to find a healthcare provider to treat that disease. And trust me, you will find a provider to help you with something if it means taking money for it. It's just a shame that some people are checking out of life, and we hear from a lot of them more coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped of need advice when you don't have, come running to susas as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 1: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino, here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five here to help you solve problems. Answer question has taken place. Now listen, I got a question here and it really brought up a good.
Speaker 1: Point, and that is upside. Have you heard of the upside app?
Speaker 3: There are a lot of apps that apparently have affiliations with gas stations and supermarkets and all of that, and they promise cash back when you use the app. And when you think about it, why is that. Well, these apps work in a certain way. They promise a business to bring them business. Now we have Excel roofing with us, and the reason I'm bringing them into this discussion it's very simple. Businesses have what's called the cost of acquisition for customers. Every business in the world knows how much it costs them to bring a business to them, or to bring a customer to them.
Speaker 8: Every lead, right, Yeah, if it's a good business and they're tracking their numbers, yeah, very important.
Speaker 1: It's very important.
Speaker 3: So in other words, let's just say a business calculates and for every closed lead that they bring to the business closed not just a lead, but someone who becomes a customer. So you have advertising, You have all kinds of fees you pay all.
Speaker 1: Over the place, So you add them all up. Okay, you add them all up.
Speaker 3: Then you divide for a period of time like a thirty day period or a sixty day or ninety day when you track and then you track this period of time and you divide it by the number of closed leads or customers, not just the people call but actual customers. And what you come up with is a cost per acquisition or some people call it different things. So they know for every customer that signs a contract, it costs them x amount of dollars. And again that's proprietary. So I'm not going to ask necessarily what that is. Some people voluntarily say if they want to, but it is somewhat proprietary. For example, Henry, if you have a really good way of doing social media and you get a lot of free publicity, or you have ways of doing other things, your cost per lead might be way lower than another company, and that's proprietary on how you do it. Some people pay for everything, every mention, everything, and their cost per acquisition is higher. So when they have this cost per acquisition, they know that if you brought them a customer. Let's say you're a friend and you have a friend who needs a roof. So let's just say Henry's. And by the way, I'm making all this up as far as the numbers go. But let's say a cost per customer for Excel roofing is X amount of dollars. Pick a number, two hundred and fifty bucks. Let's just say it could be more or less. Let's just say this or company ABC. They spend two hundred and fifty dollars for every signed contract. So if I met with the owner and I say, hey, Henry, I have someone who wants to do a roof and they're waiting for my recommendation, and he knows it's going to cost him two fifty to get a customer, he might say, hey, you know, Tom, I'll toss you one hundred bucks for that lead if they're ready to sign.
Speaker 1: So that's cost for acquisition. And when you know the cost per acquisition.
Speaker 3: You're willing to pay that for a customer because you're going to pay it anyway, or you're willing to pay less than that for sure.
Speaker 1: So with the upside app or any kind of an app like that.
Speaker 3: What they're doing is they're saying to a business, we don't want any money from you except for the customers we deliver to you. And here's what we're gonna do to prove that we're delivering the customer to you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make them use our app. So for every.
Speaker 3: Customer that buys gas from you, using our app, you can give us your cost for lead instead of giving it to Facebook or Instagram or some kind of advertisement.
Speaker 8: It's essentially a lead gen company that's crediting the customer back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lead generation company.
Speaker 3: So as as you just said, so for example, let's say a customer, Let's say it costs them for every customer that comes and buys gas, Let's say it costs them ten bucks. I don't know if it does, but let's just say there is a cost no matter what, to every customer on every business everywhere. Even people will say, oh I just go buy word amount.
Speaker 1: Trust me. There's a cost per lead and a cost per customer.
Speaker 3: Those are two different things. A cost per lead is someone who just calls or googles you. The cost per customers when they become a customer like many times, like for me, for example, I bring leads. I deliver leads to companies, but it's up to them to close that lead. It's up to them to make that a customer. I can't make them a customer. So here's the deal upside app. Let's say delivers one hundred customers and they get five dollars per customer. Then that customer a dollar for using the app. So every time they get a gallon of gas or fill up, they get a dollar, or they get two dollars or three dollars whatever. So, as Henry said, they are sharing that finder's fee with the customer themselves. You could literally go to a place and say, listen, I want to do a roof and I know that you pay so much per lead, can I get a discount? I mean, it's really weird to put it in terms like that, but that's how leads work. Every single business pays for every lead. They also pay for every signed customer. Now that's for a retail business doing business with consumers.
Speaker 1: But what about business to business.
Speaker 3: Well, Dmitri does a business to business thing, and Dmitri, yeah, I don't know how you assign a cost for customer because it's your time, you're driving around. You really can't advertise, Hey, mister in a warehouse who generates cardboard waste, we can take that cardboard waste from you and pay you for it.
Speaker 1: How do you advertise that?
Speaker 16: You know, I really haven't found an effective way of advertising, because you know, my target market is so tiny. It's literally just it's not just that, it's even more narrow than that. It's literally like the operations manager at a production facility or a distribution center. I mean, my potential customers number only a few hundred in the entire state. So what works best for me is direct mail.
Speaker 17: One of these dollars for you mail, You do have a cost per customer A propect clearly low if I don't count my.
Speaker 1: Time, right, So but you got to count your time. So if you count your time because you have to go and you you have to go close here.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I do everything from prospecting in person to interviewing the potential prospect. I don't come back present a proposal and then I come back to try to close the deal. So it's literally just my time. I don't have any salespeople because I've never found direct mails.
Speaker 1: My direct mail is pretty cheap.
Speaker 16: It cost me between a dollar and a dollar fifty to send out first class letters.
Speaker 3: Right, but but if you have to send out a thousand of them before you get a customer, and that's your cost per customer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically every one hundred prospects.
Speaker 16: Right, For every thousand letters that I send out, I acquire about two customers.
Speaker 1: Wow, so it really so there is a cost there. So like it's over five hundred dollars per customer, but.
Speaker 17: That customer becomes a customer for life hopefully. Oh yeah, for many many years. And uh and these are relatively problem Let's say.
Speaker 1: Your costs for customers five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: That's about let's just say so for assigned customer that that lets you recycle their cardboard, and they actually get paid for that.
Speaker 1: By the way, so if you're listening, we'll give you his information.
Speaker 3: But what he does is he recycles your cardboard and pays you for the cardboard he takes away, so you get rid of your.
Speaker 1: Waist, plus you get paid.
Speaker 3: Now, if it costs you five hundred dollars, and a company comes to you and says, Dimitri, we're going to deliver.
Speaker 1: Customers to you with our app.
Speaker 3: All we ask is that you pay us two hundred dollars for every customer gladly right, Okay, so.
Speaker 1: You pay two hundred to them and then they can then decide what to.
Speaker 3: Do with that two hundred dollars. And that's what Upside's doing. Upside is saying to these gas stations, we're going to deliver customers to you, and we're.
Speaker 1: Going to prove it.
Speaker 3: They're going to use the app, and when they use the app and they come to you, you're going to give us a finder's fee, and then they split that finder's fee with the customer. And so that's how the customer gets money every time they fill up their tank.
Speaker 1: And it really works. So no, it's not a scam.
Speaker 3: It really does work. Somebody asks, how do they work? You know, do they really work? And yes it is, Yes, it is real and it does work. Now three oh three seven one three talk is our number seven one three eight two five five. If you have any interesting things to talk about, give us a call, because this is all about consumer life, all about it. Let me get to my call screen or here, I'm sorry and let me get to you. Okay, I somehow miss Mike call scrinner.
Speaker 1: Who's up next? Let me see here let me just take to my call Screner. There we are.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I just closed it by mistake. So Henry wants to do a special and this is really important. It's called a certification and we'll talk about it coming up. When people buy or sell property, many times they ask for a certification of the roof.
Speaker 1: That's sometimes very confusing.
Speaker 3: To people because people say, wait a minute, the roof was certified, isn't it guaranteed. We'll talk about that and more coming up, plus your calls three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, if you're looking.
Speaker 3: To compare insurance or to make sure you're not paying too much, or to make sure you're adequately insured, free insurance checkups the Insurance Help Center dot com three oh three.
Speaker 1: Nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we're going to talk about certifications. I want to take uh Don first on leaf guard. By the way, there there have been so many companies over the years that have tried to help you keep your gutters clean. Some of them work better than others. They're not bad some of them actually are pretty good. And uh, the whole idea is to keep your gutters clear and running and and and I'm going to take Don's call, but first I want to ask, uh, I want to ask Henry from excel Roofing as an excellent as I always say, excelroofing dot com, Henry, why is it.
Speaker 1: Important to keep gutters clean?
Speaker 3: Let's see, I want to I want the dumbed down version. Why why is it important? I mean, people look at the gutter and say, well, that's not my roof. So what is it about the gutters that help your roof?
Speaker 1: So there's a couple of different things.
Speaker 8: So number one, a lot of times gutters will sometimes run underground, and when those get clogged, it causes a whole bunch of issues.
Speaker 1: As well as, when gutters get mean gutters drained to underground, they have usually a down spout.
Speaker 8: It'll go underground for a little bit and then spill out somewhere exactly right.
Speaker 1: Thing like that happens, that's a whole lot of problems. You can get ground water around your foundation that way can absolutely okay.
Speaker 8: The secondary thing is when you have a bunch of like leaves or to breathe in your gutters and that water is back flowing through the back of the gutter, it might get into your facia board start rotting out that face.
Speaker 1: Okay, causing damage. So it can actually go up and between the gutter and the and the faciaboard.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, the gutter is meant to drain water in a specific direction. So if the if the gutter's plugged right, that water has nowhere to go, so it's gonna start draining onto the house it'll sit on that.
Speaker 1: A large number of houses have cloud gutters, A lot.
Speaker 8: Do, and people they overlook it because it doesn't seem like a major issue until your whole face is rotten now, and that's something you'll see.
Speaker 3: It can even back up into the attic in some cases, right you know, I think that's more of a rare case, but okay, yeah, it could happen, all right now, don what is your comment on leaf guard? Now, leaf guard brags and but I don't mean that in a bad way. Leaf guards claim to fame is that they're one unit. It's not a covering, but the whole I believe it's a whole gutter system.
Speaker 1: What is your comment on that, Don, yess I bought.
Speaker 18: First of all, I've been listening since Flode Doyle and Father John.
Speaker 1: But oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 18: So two years ago I bought the leaf filter and recently they're developed a gap and I called.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait was it? Did you buy leaf guard or leaf filter? What are you talking about? Which one leaf? Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry the computer? Okay, leaf filter? What is leaf filter?
Speaker 18: Essentially the same thing? I guess that.
Speaker 1: Is it a gutter or is it a covering on a gutter?
Speaker 18: It's the covering on the gutter.
Speaker 1: Is it a cap or a mesh?
Speaker 18: It's a mess. And it was like five four hundred or something.
Speaker 1: Leaf filter, Yes, wow, yeah, they're really expensive. Is it working well?
Speaker 18: Well, it was, but it developed about it had half an inch three Corin's gap and was developed was sucking in debris. I called them and told him about it, and they said it was going to be ninety nine dollars to come out and look at it. And I said, well, it's a lifetime learntee And I said, let me wait till this was Friday. I said, let me wait till Monday. I'll call Tom Martino and see what he thinks about. And they called me back the next day and came out and did it for free. So you saved me ninety ninety.
Speaker 1: Oh what did it turn out to be? Thank you? What did it turn out to be?
Speaker 18: The gentleman who came out said it was installation, something with installation, so it was just enough of it was allowing the breed to get in together.
Speaker 3: Now, there are so many, so many systems. I'm looking at leaf filter right now, and on.
Speaker 1: The surface when you look at it, it doesn't look bad. Has it been Has it been working other than this one problem? Has it been working pretty well?
Speaker 18: Yes, sir, I had some problem with ice dam on it, and I had to install some of.
Speaker 1: The cable right now.
Speaker 3: By the way, that that is a common problem with a lot of butter protection systems.
Speaker 8: Just to clarify the ice damming, just buy the gutter protection. It makes it much more prone to ice damming. And so if there was any prior ice damming, any like the way that it could happen, it just makes the problem substantially worse.
Speaker 1: Let's just explain what is ice damming, Henry.
Speaker 8: Ice damming is when a bunch of like water or ice collects at the end of your roof and it freezes and that now.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't it go into the gutter? And why does it? Damn? Well, there's a couple of different ways that happens.
Speaker 8: So when it rains and then freezes, it collects at the edge of the roof and then just creates kind of like a wall of ice. But usually it happens up in the mountains where the water it melts down the roof and it collects right before the gutter, and then it just starts freezing in the gutter, freezing on the roof, okay, and it'll take down the gutters with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? So don did you install heat cable?
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 18: I had somebody come out. It was right over my wife's wheelchair ramp, so it was pretty dangerous in the winter, so I had somebody come Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good card.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I think anyone who does gutter protection of any kind needs to put in heat wire, no matter who it is, no matter what kind. Did you look at gutter helmet when you were looking around, because they they used to do a lot of advertising.
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 18: I looked at them, and I looked at a couple of different ones that are on there, and this one just seemed to be rated pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: John three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Cindy has a comment on prepaid funerals because I talked about me personally.
Speaker 1: I would put money away, maybe in a trust or in some kind of a well yeah, it's a trust account to prepay for it. But I would not pay an institution.
Speaker 3: We've had cases in the past where people pay institutions, but what happens is those institutions either you know, they go bad or they they disappear.
Speaker 1: So what's your what's your question or comment? Cindy, Hi, So I.
Speaker 19: Just wanted to say, my husband and I prepaid for funeral services, oh probably twenty twenty five years ago, and with really connedy. Yeah, and okay, we paid so much less than.
Speaker 1: What the cost is now.
Speaker 19: And somebody who, oh, yes, do it, who's middle age or whatever? It's really I mean, I'm assuming costs or funerals are going to continue to go up, but we paid so long ago that it's going to cost us almost nothing compared to what it costs now.
Speaker 3: Can you give me some real figure, Cindy, Like, can you tell us what you paid, and let's compare it to today's cost.
Speaker 1: What did you pay?
Speaker 4: We paid about five thousand total.
Speaker 19: That doesn't they'd have to arrange for their own cemetery plot that's not included.
Speaker 1: So five thousand is for one? Is it for one? Is it for first to die?
Speaker 5: Is it for two?
Speaker 1: How many plans for five thousand and one?
Speaker 9: It's two.
Speaker 4: That's what we paid total.
Speaker 12: Wow, right around.
Speaker 4: Wow, paperwork in front of me.
Speaker 3: But that is a good well, that is a good deal, Cindy. That it's like twenty five hundred a piece. That's very very inexpensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, it was.
Speaker 3: And by the way, by the way, I don't recommend paying up front, but you've picked a good place. And there is an exception for really good places. Haran and Mcconaughtay, they've been around for years and years and right now they've been taken over by a larger company, but they still have that that that heritage that you can trust. So Cindy, it worked out, It worked out really good for you. That same costs right now, what would that cost you right now? About six grand each?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 19: Probably absolutely? Yeah, yeah, and this includes you know, the funeral service and the cremations and the you know, the box that you go in and all of that kind of stuff. Yes, you know all of those.
Speaker 1: I like way you put that the box out and.
Speaker 19: All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like I said, well, thank you for calling.
Speaker 4: You get very I one more question.
Speaker 1: Real quick, Okay.
Speaker 19: My grandson, My grandson a year ago was arrested her a third degree assault at high school. He did all of his community service, he did his anger management class. We turned in the paperwork before the deadline. But we've just gotten a letter saying that he didn't turn in the paperwork. There's a warrant for his arrest, and we have to appear in court. So I'm wondering if this is a final thing and we have to just get a lawyer and go to court again, or whether I can go and show that we turn it in before the date and they'll reverse it.
Speaker 1: Or was okay, okay, Cindy, Cindy.
Speaker 3: I need to know in different jurisdictions, it's handled by different people.
Speaker 1: So hold on a second. Do you have the notice that was sent to you? I have it right now, enemy, All right, hold on and I'll come back to it. Okay, I'm going to ask you a couple of questions. I'll give you the answer.
Speaker 9: ED.
Speaker 1: What is your comment on leaf filter? Real quick? Go ahead, ED? What is your comment?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 10: Okay, So I just heard you guys talking about the gutters that kind of go below the ground and I have one, and uh, yeah, what is the best Is there a salute because I had a recent.
Speaker 1: Route you mean for clearing them out?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know what's below there. I mean they seem to when it rains real okay.
Speaker 1: All right, Henry Britts excel roofing.
Speaker 3: I think one of the best ways to clear those out is called water jetting, where you can you can send a states. They send a small nozzle through a hose, not a regular hose, but they're high pressure hose, and they insert it up on top.
Speaker 1: They go down your down spout.
Speaker 3: It goes underground and it and it it water jets it to wear it out where it lets out. But in some cases it's cheaper to start over where it enters the ground and.
Speaker 1: Just do one right next to it. Henry, what were you going to say?
Speaker 8: So just really quickly, I'm curious you're saying that this happened right after the roofing project.
Speaker 1: They clogged it up. Problem.
Speaker 9: Okay, well I don't know.
Speaker 10: You know, it has happened before. I had that roofing job done and they did a complete gutter. But when it would rain heavily that point where it would go underground, I could see it like kind of flooding upward, you know.
Speaker 1: So I know there's yeah, that is not good. So that is not good.
Speaker 8: High probability, that's some roofing debris got into there. So like some plastic cap those are But no matter what got in there, he's got to clear it out absolutely. So I mean as far as doing a water jet, though it might not blast that out because it's okay, heavy duty.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's easier, isn't it to just just do just do a side by side, just do one right next to it and divert it to In other words, ed, it's not expensive to where the down spout meets the dirt, to just do a alongside the old one, do a new one, and just divert that down spout to the new one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I understand it. And by the way, it's right, it's right in the walkways, so you either have to step over it one way or step over it the other way. Uh, you know, it's just completely uh and I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta hold on.
Speaker 3: We're we're getting way, We're getting like I got to take a break and I'll come back to you. And also Cindy about the deferred sentence. Ed, hang on, because I'm not sure I'm understanding when you say.
Speaker 1: It's in the walkway.
Speaker 3: Is if there's a concrete walkway, it goes underneath the walkway and those are very easy to reinstall, or if it goes over the walkway.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what what that's about.
Speaker 3: But hold on, we'll talk about three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So Ed, I got to get this picture right, Okay, Ed, you say you have down spouts and then they go underground and then presumably they daylight somewhere, meaning they they empty.
Speaker 1: So you're having your.
Speaker 3: What you believe is is some clogging in there because you see it kind of a boil over when you get a heavy rain.
Speaker 1: Okay, I told you that one of the solutions. One of the solutions some people do, is they just put a whole new ditch in and bury a brand new one and just divert the down spout to the new one.
Speaker 3: It's easier sometimes than trying to figure out where the old one is and how to clean it. But then you mentioned something about a walkway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so when you look out the front door and you start walking out the you know, on the porch and then going out to you know, your garage car or whatever, it's like right there on the side.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: And it's not like a Frinch strain where you you know, have all the rocks and everything. I mean, it is underground, and I think there's a clog. I think there's an obstruction. So I guess the quick question I have I'm thinking about, like, you know, inside the house, you know, when the drains back up, you get a liquid palmer or something like that.
Speaker 14: Is there a no that won't work?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there are no no.
Speaker 3: Those outside drains they might have stones, rocks, mud leaves, They might have, as as Henry pointed out, construction debris from when they did your roof. But but no, there is no liquid. There is no liquid in the world that you can use for an ounce I drain spout. You might want to try water jetting. You can rent a water jet from from a local rental place and you can jet that thing for yourself. Just go and put it to you know, disconnect the down spout and go underground and see what it gives you.
Speaker 1: It might work. But the as I said, the other way to do it, the other way to do it is just do a brand new one. Now does it go?
Speaker 3: Do you have a concrete walkway when you were talking about that walkway or is it just is it just dirt concrete?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, So does the down spout cross underneath the concrete or you don't know, the.
Speaker 10: Down spouts on the side of the house. But then there's like a.
Speaker 3: The extension I'm meant, does the extension go underneath the walkway?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You can divert the new one anywhere you want it, and you just have to take it at least about how many feet from the house. At least twenty five feet from the house, I would say, And then you want to have a daylight somewhere. That just means it just drains out onto the lawn or a ditch.
Speaker 1: Or something like that. Yeah, So you have two ways of doing it. You can go ahead.
Speaker 10: Sorry, the positioning of that down spout and I have tried this before to put like a little you know, kind of you know, a lever sort of you know, extension on that gutter in it, but you have to step over and it's kind of a pain in the buve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know what you mean.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 10: So it's just one of those but okay, well I appreciate it, and I think, yeah, maybe getting a high pressure try to blow all that, you know, but if there's a big backup, like you said, it leaves yeah, debris from the roofing job, all that stuff in there. I mean, how effect is that going to be for me to try to blast that all?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 1: It may not, that's the that's the problem, and it may not go ahead, Doc, Hey.
Speaker 13: Ed, why don't you call up Gary Sullivan. He's on this station on the weekends and he knows everything about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 10: Okay, Gary, how how?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay? I appreciate that. I appreciate that that referral, Doc, But right now it you know, the solution is easy. You either clear the one that's there, or you put a new one in and many many people elect to put.
Speaker 1: A new one in. You can route the new one anywhere you want it. It's very easy to do. You're putting in a brand extension to your down spout, so you can curl it and move it anywhere you want to, a night clear area away from your sidewalk, and uh and be done with it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Three O three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five. Doc. Were you talking about someone who does a weekend show?
Speaker 12: Yeah, on this station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so so uh and knows everyone. Oh okay, okay, no, no, I know Ken Moon used to do that. Ken Moon doesn't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's a good show. Okay, thank you very much. Three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Artino here three oh three.
Speaker 3: Seven one three Talks seven one three eighty five. Okay, So we talked about roof certifications. What is a roof certification? Well, many times you'll see when somebody's buying a house, they'll ask for a roof certification. What does that mean, Henry? What is with excel roofie? What is a roof certification?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And to speak to all the real estate agents out there, A roof certification is something that is required by the transaction to verify that the roof is good for another five years or so. We see this with home sales and then also refinancing of the home. And so if anybody out there is looking to sell their home, is selling their home is a real estate agent, I'm going to save you about five hundred bucks right now.
Speaker 1: So how are you gonna do that? I'm going to offer this for free.
Speaker 8: XCEL Roofing will come out to your property, to your listing whatever it is, and we will do a roof certification for one hundred percent for free. The numbers three oh three seven six' one six' four ZERO.
Speaker 1: Zero a five year roof certification FIVE.
Speaker 8: Year roofsirt and what that, says is in our, professional opinion this roof is certified to last for five years and it does not need to. Be, replaced now a home inspector can't do A, roof sirt can they depending on, their qualifications but they're usually required to be a licensed. Roofing, Contractor okay so a roof certification is on reef fis as well as buying.
Speaker 1: And, selling yes it can apply in. DIFFERENT. Ways yep and lenders are the ones that.
Speaker 3: Want it they want to know if they have to foreclose on the house that the collateral doesn't need. A.
Speaker 8: Roof absolutely and it's just to verify that the roof is in good condition and will last another.
Speaker 1: Five years now think, about that people.
Speaker 3: Right now if you need a, roof certification you call now and you Mentioned The. Martino show you will get one hundred percent free a five year, roof, certification providing, of course the.
Speaker 1: Roof, passes right it's a it's a free.
Speaker 3: Roof certification inspection and if, it passes you get the free. Roof certification and all you have to DO is calles three zero three seven six one sixty.
Speaker 1: Four hundred take our.
Speaker 8: Number down that's three oh three seven sixty one sixty four.
Speaker 3: Zero zero and excel ex c l excel roofing. Dot com that's an. Incredible, DEAL now i have a question, for everyone and we're at the end of, this hour but we're going to come BACK and i need to know ROOMBA.
Speaker 1: Or i what are the.
Speaker 3: OTHER ones i want to know if. THEY work i want to hear from people who actually. Have them, You know i'm.
Speaker 1: Forever now looking at, You know i'm one of.
Speaker 3: These GUYS if i see a fleck of something on, THE floor i either have to get my broom out RIGHT or i take a paper towel. Or SOMETHING and i want to know do these? Really work but don't call me unless you. HAVE one i want to know are they? Worth having do they actually roam around your house or do they end up getting stuck all?
Speaker 1: The time let. Me Know I'm Tom martine moore, coming up.
Speaker 2: Ripped up who you don't have is The, Ca yeah shooter's. Gonna help, Come man this Is The.
Speaker 1: Troubleshooter Show No, Tom Martino Hi tom, Martino here welcome to. The show three oh three, seven one three eight two. Five five this hour brought to you by Renew home Innovations.
Speaker 3: Dot com the most beautiful walkin showers you ever want to see with sheet porcelain that it's, it's unbelievable no maintenance. And beauty and they can do the porcelain not just in, the shower but they can do it in your backslashes around, Your bathroom wayne's Coating Renew home Innovations. Dot com they just they do the whole job in two or three days and you have months to Pay Renew home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four.
Speaker 1: Two thousand, all.
Speaker 3: Right what's happening in? YOUR life I Have excel roofing, with ME and I Have Jay. Brett Switten.
Speaker 1: Not jay jay's the, Original owner henry joined, his Dad and henry's. With us today we're talking about.
Speaker 3: ROOF certifications a, roof certification whether you're buying or selling, a property you may be asked for one or refinancing. A property lenders often want to know the condition of, the roof and it goes far beyond a normal.
Speaker 1: House inspection it's called.
Speaker 3: A certification and so what a roofer does is goes up there and basically Says, What henry what does a?
Speaker 8: Roofer, Say yeah so the real estate agent will call a roofing contractor out Such As. Excel roofing we'll go up onto the roof and basically write a, letter, stating hey in our, professional opinion we believe that this roof will last an additional five or, so years and that's so that they can process the real. Estate transaction this this kind of service is usually about like four hundred five. Hundred bucks BUT like i, mentioned before we're offering this for free, right now go ahead and six one six four. Zero zero give.
Speaker 1: That again three ozho three seven six one six four.
Speaker 3: Zero zero somebody asks it, by text how long is this good for the?
Speaker 1: Roof certification? Will? IT'LL no i mean, like, no no? Like when how how long is this? Free offer is?
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 8: Today only if they call you Mentioned The, Martino show i'll push this out as far as we.
Speaker 1: Need, to okay so if.
Speaker 3: You Mentioned The, martino show you'll get a free roof certification.
Speaker 1: Inspection free that's all you have to do Is. Mention martino and that's like a four or five hundred. Dollars value and you, know what it's not something that you really think about. That, often no. It's not but then as soon as you, need it you really. Need it that's.
Speaker 3: Exactly right like, you're refining, they say we need a roof certification excel E X C E l excel roofing dot com three oh three seven six one six to.
Speaker 1: Four, hundred joe what's going on?
Speaker 3: With?
Speaker 1: You, Joe?
Speaker 6: Hey tom how are?
Speaker 1: You good what's?
Speaker 8: Going on.
Speaker 6: You know a couple. Of things first, of all since You have excel roofing in, THE house i would like to say that they came out to my House last thursday and uh did some work on. My roof, very professional, totally satisfied, great custom great advertising you have on. Your show they do great Work and i'm very pleased. With them now for The nunc.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They're there they, were great. Absolutely great. All right now for, the nuns. So good and this concern Is Done. RIGHT plumbing i have them come out to.
Speaker 1: My way it's called it's called done.
Speaker 6: Right plumbing it's called done right whoever, they are they're, done right but it's did you say it's.
Speaker 3: It's a plumber. Though right it's not The done right The good home. Improvement company Done?
Speaker 6: Right, right well you KNOW they i called them up and they wanted to KNOW what. I wanted i think they're kind of one and. The same but they do provide plumbers, because.
Speaker 1: Well okay how do you spell how do you? SPELL IT.
Speaker 9: B O?
Speaker 6: N e and they have it on the truck DONE. RIGHT r, I, ght no it's it's it's not.
Speaker 3: Done, RIGHT okay i know who you're. Talking about it's not done, right kitchen. A bath it's not The done, right Family the. Hikini family you're. Talking about you're talking about a plumbing contractor and It's called.
Speaker 8: Done, THERE yeah i know who you're. Talking about, Oh, Hey joe, HENRY here I just i wanted to thank you for. Your business we Really.
Speaker 3: Appres hold on one se hold on. One second he didn't. Hear you henry just said thanks for. Your business by, The way, OH yeah i.
Speaker 6: Heard him tell him he's. MOTING welcome i was. Very, pleased, Yeah, okay well so.
Speaker 3: The company that you're talking About Is, Done, Plumbing heating Cooling. And electric what's the Issue With, Done, Plumbing heating Cooling.
Speaker 6: And electric they tried to scam me and and the cow scam me because they came into. MY home i CALLED them i needed a bathtub drain replaced a, bathtub drain not, the plumbing just the drain inside of. The cub and they wanted to charge me fourteen hundred dollars to. Do it this guy wanted to cut.
Speaker 10: My, Pipe, YEAH.
Speaker 1: Joe i need to. Know something when you say, the drain tell me about is this? A tub this is? A bathtub and what was wrong with the drain.
Speaker 10: Over.
Speaker 6: The YEARS because i Lived In cummery city and we had bad water over. The years, the drain just just the drain and the tub just corroded and it. Needed replacement, nothing else just. The drain and of course the drain in the tub screws into, the plumbing the pipe underneath. The tub and THAT'S what, i.
Speaker 1: Need RIGHT.
Speaker 3: Can i ask, You, Something joe because a lot OF times i had an issue one TIME where.
Speaker 1: I HAD to i had to change out, that drain the.
Speaker 3: Whole circle, you know that whole drain circle that goes down and it has a it has a stub of about four inches that that meets up with the.
Speaker 1: REGULAR drain i know what you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about but on some tubs you have to lift the entire tub to get.
Speaker 1: To it is this an.
Speaker 3: Enclosed area like a tub that has an enclosure, around it or is this a?
Speaker 1: Freestanding tub what kind of tub?
Speaker 6: Is it it's a free standing tub in a shower and it's and it's and the pipes go into an. Open basement now here's here's. The deal after, He came so.
Speaker 3: You mean to tell me they could go downstairs and do it from downstairs in. The basement if you go into your basement and, look up.
Speaker 6: You can see.
Speaker 10: The, pipe yeah but, the wait but but but?
Speaker 4: What Up and?
Speaker 6: Tom is when, HE left i called up. My cousin he. Came over we managed to get an Extractor, from amazon got and we got the. DRAIN out i Went to low picked up, a drain. Came back the whole job cost me thirty, eight bucks and my and my and my and my baptub is working. JUST fine I just i just that he Wanted to he was talking about cutting, my PEACE my, tvc pipes and he wanted to do all kinds of crap. DOWN there i was having none. Of it and so he's, a PLUMBER and i took. HIM downstairs i showed him everything so. He knew it's not that he can't say he didn't know or something was, in closed BECAUSE like, i said it's totally open. Under there you could pull the insulation out and you can see the pipe goes underneath indside of. The tub none of that had to. BE removed i didn't remove any of. That STUFF and i was picked off about it because you tried to get me for fourteen.
Speaker 18: Hundred bucks.
Speaker 17: Oh, You Know.
Speaker 1: I'M joe, I, Understand, joe joe what's the reason you? Called me? I'm sorry, go ahead what's. The, reason well.
Speaker 6: BECAUSE because i was under the misunderstanding that they were part of, your troubleshooter recommend recommended no Deal with because that's THAT'S why. I call i always go to.
Speaker 1: Your, list.
Speaker 3: Okay they're not on. My LIST but i will tell. YOU this i will tell. YOU this i we don't get a lot of complaints about. These people i'm gonna be honest. With you we do not get a lot of complaints.
Speaker 1: About them.
Speaker 6: You didn't, WANT so.
Speaker 3: I know but HERE'S what i want. To say, ANOTHER thing i want, to say pricing is very. Very difficult we don't. Control pricing it's very DIFFICULT to i don't know HOW do i put this to to to, police pricing because so many people they have, book pricing and he sees that drain and, that replacement and he just goes to the book and says it's going to be fourteen.
Speaker 1: HUNDRED bucks i think, You're, right. Joe though.
Speaker 3: Book pricing in some ways turns out to, be very very. Very EXPENSIVE but i don't think you would get it done cheaper by any. CERTIFIED plumber i don't. THINK so i think that.
Speaker 1: What you did do it yourself is a way, to GO but i don't think do you think another company would have done? IT cheaper.
Speaker 7: I.
Speaker 6: DON'T know i just think that it comes down, to. HONESTY dumb, i, think yeah the thing, about, it well.
Speaker 1: Thanks for, calling, Us, though joe thanks for. CALLING us, I mean i don't blame you for, being UPSET but i don't think it was a. RIP off i think it's what we're.
Speaker 3: Facing today companies are charging to, do work and many time consumers they don't put the value to it and they don't think it's. WORTH it, i mean it's it's happening all over. The place it's not just, with, plumbing hating cooling And ELECTRIC did i hear someone?
Speaker 1: SHINE in i just wanted to say. IT'S bo i just had a Comment. FOR joe i think that's probably a.
Speaker 20: REASONABLE price i don't think they were ripping, him OFF but i just think it's ironic that he Goes and joe didn't get ripped off because he had fortitude to think about the job and try to go a. Different direction so you went. To home it's like the electrician that comes out and installs a light a switch in your house for one hundred and, fifty dollars and the switch is. Two dollars it's just the way it is for training and truck time, and advertising and just the way.
Speaker 1: IT is i don't think look.
Speaker 3: At it Look at we're never going to there's always going to be the perception that pricing is out of whack when people start to doing their own pricing of parts and then they start multiplying the labor and they start they what they don't look at is this a plumbing company OR an hvac company or any kind. Of company let's just say they have thirty or forty vans on. The street they have to account for an hourly rate to keep those vans on the street just.
Speaker 1: Sitting there that van costs. Them MONEY and i know that they can.
Speaker 3: Never do it as cheaply ever than someone going out and buying a part and getting their cousin to help them put. It in they're never going to ever beat that, price ever but they're not. Trying to, And again i'm not saying that you should pay anything at, any time but it's not necessarily.
Speaker 1: A ripoff there's a cost.
Speaker 3: Of, doing business and you're always going to have that cost of doing business underlying the. Actual repair so there's a cost just going to your home and being there and having all the insurance and all of the licensing and all of.
Speaker 1: These stuff to be.
Speaker 3: In business now there are people listening to me, right now, whill, SAY, ah bs you know that's.
Speaker 1: Too, much well unless you're in business, doing it you don't.
Speaker 18: KNOW.
Speaker 1: That jr you have a question on.
Speaker 3: Roof certifications, go ahead what is your question on that?
Speaker 9: Roof citation how will that help on?
Speaker 10: Insurance rates.
Speaker 1: So the, roof certification it's okay for real.
Speaker 8: Estate transactions it probably wouldn't get you any discount or help with, your, insurance right.
Speaker 3: Not, A discount but some insurance companies do require that you replace a roof upon initial inspection many times when, YOU ensure i mean when you're buying a property and you go to get, homeowners insurance.
Speaker 1: They want you to replace. Your roof so if you can show them a five, YEAR certification i think it. Might help but you know what we're, GONNA. Do jr we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna Ask compass insurance group to weigh in. On that so so hang on and let's try To get Compass on right after This tal, artino here We Got brian Burns From compass, insurance group, and uh it's it's really good to. Talk about, hold on the guy was asking, about uh, let's, see.
Speaker 1: Rich what is he asking? About? Certification, oh, no, no, no yeah but there was ANOTHER thing i had in. Mind, too okay, you're right.
Speaker 3: Roof certification but in THE meantime i had a text on something. As well but first, And Foremost brian burns the. Roof certifications do insurance companies ever ask for a roof certification before they will ensure? A, home no because they really roof certifications don't really.
Speaker 14: Mean anything the roofers aren't certifying anything as far as. A guarantee they're just giving you an opinion of what they think the. Roof is but it's never going to be anything that sways an. Insurance company the only thing they really want to know is if you're buying a house and no one knows when the roof was, last replaced that there's just no evidence. Of it AND what i could use a certification for is really not the certification more or less what the estimated age of the roof according to, the ROOFER and i could probably use that as the basis for.
Speaker 18: The, policy.
Speaker 3: Okay under what circumstances do insurance companies require that you replace, the roof like when you go to insure. A, house.
Speaker 14: Yeah so what they, Would, do well it's gotten so bad at, This, point tom that if a roof is over a, certain age a lot of insurance companies won't even write. The insurance and that age is so much earlier than it used. To be a lot of carriers look at a roof over an asphalt roof over ten, years old they won't even insure. It anymore now there's carriers, that will but there's a lot of them. That won't and so really what it boils down, to though with the rest of them is if it is an, older roof when they do, the inspection if they see that the roof is in, poor shape they'll send out that thirty day notification. Of cancelation so, they'll, say hey you either replace the roof or we're not going to insured. It, anymore, so now wait.
Speaker 3: A minute so not only when you first get insurance would they require you to, do it but if you're with, a company let's say for five or six or, eight years and your roof gets, up there they can actually make it a condition.
Speaker 1: Of, RENEWAL well.
Speaker 14: I don't see that, as often because you don't really see insurance companies very often sending out an inspection.
Speaker 1: At renewal.
Speaker 14: That's abnormal there would have to be some reason. Behind it, so no okay will happen in a, policy though is a lot of policy. Language now once a roof hits a, certain age if it's, ten years fifteen years and, asphalt roof once it hits, that age at the, next renewal they'll change the actual cash value on. The policy so that's how they limit. Their exposure it's not by non. Renewing them it's, just, saying okay now we're only going to. Pit, play okay appreciated amount after, this year.
Speaker 8: We've seen that a, lot TOO and i don't think that the agents are quite communicating that to the customers.
Speaker 1: Well enough you mean.
Speaker 8: The, ACVs, yeah absolutely because the customers they're all under the impression that they HAVE in rcv policy and that their roof is.
Speaker 1: Fully covered and as soon as that policy, you.
Speaker 3: Have you run across people that after a storm were shocked at how much they were going.
Speaker 8: To, get, absolutely absolutely it's been happening, a lot especially this, past year because people they have these, three four five thousand dollars deductibles all of, a sudden and they're only getting paid out maybe two three thousand dollars on. The roof and then what happened is the insurance company comes in and tells them that if they don't replace, their roof they're then going to. Cancel them so they either have to pay fully out of pocket or pay this three five thousand dollars deductible and only get a couple thousand out of.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 3: Roof, Man, so brian there are a lot OF people i imagine that face having to pay for their, own roof and that's something people aren't used.
Speaker 1: To doing, in fact what.
Speaker 3: Percentage, Of, customers henry what percentage of customers are?
Speaker 1: Self pay you know what is really.
Speaker 8: Increased a lot this. Past year you got to remember that we had the big storm in twenty three and.
Speaker 1: Twenty four, so yeah. That's true but approximately on a, given year would the majority of people still?
Speaker 8: Be, Insurance Absolutely but i'm just saying like there's probably, ten percent which is massive compared to five, Years, ago okay because nobody would.
Speaker 1: Do, it right and so that number it keeps growing.
Speaker 8: Every year and what happens is we end up financing all these custom because not a lot of people have thirty forty dollars to just replace.
Speaker 1: Their room, NO pocket i would say, The.
Speaker 3: Roof brian when it comes, to insurance the roof is the biggest.
Speaker 1: Single item don't you think it's the.
Speaker 14: Most common claim by. A landslide it Is Why colorado insurance is you know why they just can't seem to. Make money it is it's, not fires it's. NOT water, i mean those are. All claims it is by far Hail and win specifically to.
Speaker 18: The roof so but.
Speaker 14: He's right, you know people don't realize how high they're deductibles. HAVE gone, i mean we go so overboard on our on. Our application i'll have a separate sheet that tells them if they're choosing to go actual cash value or if it's going to go there at. SOME age i try to point it out and make clear, that hey at, this age just. What happens and that's really the.
Speaker 8: Right way to, do it because a lot of people that we've been running into have no idea and then they end up with that point where they have to hey out.
Speaker 1: Of pocket, oh man that that is, A, Shocker brian thank you.
Speaker 3: Very much for uh and then of course that's where you get your free insurance check Up The Insurance health center dot com three oh three nine nine six. Nine thousand three oh three nine nine six. Nine thousand so people remember what he's saying, Is this if you, have insurance they'll keep, renewing you but at some point may convert you TO an acv and you'll.
Speaker 1: Get some notice in the, mail saying, you know change to.
Speaker 3: Your insurance and a lot of people don't pay attention, to it but it's really, important Because As henry Bretts At excel, roofing says you may end up with a hailstorm one day and then, find out wait, A minute i don't have. REPLACEMENT value I have. Acv value and we'll go over exactly excuse me how. That works coming up On The troubleshooter show right, after This p'l MARTINO here threeo three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 1: Five, five chris you want to talk about, Homeowner's, insurance chris? Homeowner's insurance, my god has? It been has got? Complicated lately, Go, Ahead, Chris yeah.
Speaker 16: I'll give you.
Speaker 15: MY story i was up for Renewal on may Eighth From travelers insurance. Homeowners INSURANCE so i guess they sent an inspector out to look at my house for, the renewal which. Was fine but the NEXT thing, I know i Worked With, compass INSURANCE so. I called they called me and said that there was an issue with the shed that's in. My, backyard now this is just. A shed it's got, no electricity. No, plumbing uh you know it's It's not it's just a shed for. Storage basically so they came back and SAID that i need to put gutters profit and fetia on my shed and to replace the roof and.
Speaker 1: Paint too.
Speaker 15: Have you ever heard of, that before painting or putting gutters on? A shed?
Speaker 3: You KNOW all i can think. IS this, i mean for, some reason they're insuring it and they wanted up to a. CERTAIN standard i.
Speaker 1: Have, no Idea but i'd like To get brian. Back on did You say compass is?
Speaker 9: Your?
Speaker 1: Agent?
Speaker 10: Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nick okay and who was the who was? The underwriter? What insurance.
Speaker 15: The New the travelers was the? Old one told ME what i had. To do Nick with compass went through exclude my shed.
Speaker 1: Went Through, what okay THAT'S what i was just, hold on, Hold, On, So, Chris chris THAT'S what i was going. To ask did they exclude? The shed.
Speaker 15: Travelers would not exclude, the SHED so i had to go with, Another Company, auto owners and they excluded. The shed but my insurance because, OF that i went from three thousand dollars a year to six thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: A year.
Speaker 1: Because you Went from Travelers To.
Speaker 15: Auto, owners YES and i excluded the shed in, THE back.
Speaker 12: I get it to.
Speaker 15: Have less what do you Think that i'm paying twice?
Speaker 10: As, much.
Speaker 1: Well but everyone is. Doing that that's not just the, you know you understand that everyone's insurance is. Going up but did they shop? YOU around i imagine. They, did yes.
Speaker 15: They did my issue IS if i would have done all of that work to, my shed which is probably about two or three thousand dollars worth, of Work then travelers would have come to me at the. SAME rate i was paying three thousand dollars, a year, BUT no i had to switch and get. It Excluded now i'm paying six thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: A year why?
Speaker 12: Is, that.
Speaker 1: Well that's a. Good question are you sure that if you did the repairs on your shed that your renewal would have been. Much, lower yes it.
Speaker 15: Would have been the same AS one i was thing right around thirty two hundred. A, year.
Speaker 1: Well did You ask compass?
Speaker 5: About, it yes THEY.
Speaker 15: Said i have to do the WORK if i want them to.
Speaker 10: Cover, ME.
Speaker 9: No i.
Speaker 3: Understand that but did they explain to you that it would be cheaper to do the improvements and to take the lower renewal or did they?
Speaker 1: You know That's what i'm trying to. Figure out it. Sounds likely it sounds like. YOU'RE upset i wanted to. MAKE sure i wanted to make sure the purpose of. The call are you Upset that compass did not recommend that you?
Speaker 5: Keep, Travelers no i'm upset that a shed is, the issue something that is worthless on my property and just stoeses a lot far and a snowboar that they want me to do.
Speaker 15: All this work.
Speaker 1: On, IT.
Speaker 10: No i am on.
Speaker 12: A shed.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's, the ANSWER and i want to find out. In, General, so chris you bring up a really. Good point so let's Bring up, brian Again because.
Speaker 3: I'd like to ask him, in general why they require certain, you know why don't they Require certain why do they require certain improvements on? Certain, Things now Henry At, excel roofing do you guys get.
Speaker 1: Calls around insurance?
Speaker 3: Renewal time is this a pretty busy time when they decide that they need to.
Speaker 1: Do something have you ever heard? Of that you, know what, it's not but it.
Speaker 8: Should be and THE reason i say that is because these insurance companies are not notifying the homeowners that the renewal is changing, their, policy right and so we'd expect to get calls or in, that moment but.
Speaker 1: We, Don't okay so you're saying that you get a lot of homeowners. Core blindsided, so many, so many so many homeowners and they can't get upset, with you but.
Speaker 5: They're.
Speaker 8: Upset, Yeah absolutely and in THIS case i understand why he's upset because this is probably a shed that was built by like a home Depot or low's or something, like that and they don't build them. The code it's not really an extension of. The house and then they want him to upgrade it to have you.
Speaker 1: Ever come across cases like that where they want him to. UPGRADE sheds i haven't really heard of something.
Speaker 7: Like, this no this.
Speaker 8: Is, STRANGE yeah i understand why, it's HAPPENING but I agree i think, It's, Wrong, Okay.
Speaker 1: Brian Brian Burns.
Speaker 3: Compass, Insurance, Hey brian so this guy has an outsd that he. Just snores all he does is stores a lawnmower and a snowblower. In it and he says it's just a piece of crap shed on. His property and he's with. You guys by, the way he's not complaining about. You guys but traveler said that he had to do all kinds of improvements on.
Speaker 1: That shed, why Well.
Speaker 14: Because i'm NOT saying i agree, with this because it is it has become kind of ridiculous how much they're looking at these other structures of this case. Of shed they do have coverage, for it and that would be the reason they're concerned, About it i'm sure is that they. Have coverage it's ten percent of your dwelling limit automatically extends for. Other structures so if there was a windstorm that blew, it down, let's say or a fire, or, something yeah they do have to pay for that other structure that in this case. The SHED where i think it gets ridiculous is you'll get customers who, ARE like i don't care about. The shed it doesn't if it, GOES down i don't want. IT replaced i. Don't care and even in, those cases some of these insurance companies they get to be sticklers. On them, they, said well we're not going to ensure it unless you upgraded or get rid of it.
Speaker 10: Right now get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Right now but when you say get rid, of it can't they simply. Exclude it.
Speaker 14: There are some carriers that will that will actually allow you to, exclude it but. Others won't and, they say, you know we're going to be on the hook for this either way if, something happens even if we try to. Exclude it because their policy, language is, you know. Pretty rigid it doesn't allow them to actually have these. Carve out they know they would have, to defend if, nothing else if the person was trying to make a claim. On it but it really depends on if you have a more underwriting friendly type carrier that's willing to go outside. The boxes a Company. Like travelers they're a, good company but they're. Pretty rigid they don't really let you go outside the lines of what, their policy, you know, SAYING right i.
Speaker 3: Want to ask you ABOUT his i want to ask you about his renewal. Coming up it's JUST something I have i'm curious about when it comes to renewing policies and up. Being premiums hold on, a second we got more coming up On The troubleshooter. Show Nights tom martinez here at three, oh three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two.
Speaker 1: Five, Fives So, brian burns, YOU know i think there's a certain amount of confusion when it comes when it comes to. Renewing. Insurance yeah in this, particular case let me tell you.
Speaker 3: What happened he was told he had to do repairs on his shed would have cost him two or three, thousand dollars but he said he would have.
Speaker 1: Been removed he would have been renewed.
Speaker 3: For the, old rate and by switching to auto owners and excluding, the shed, he said his.
Speaker 1: Premium doubled so that doesn't make sense, to me, He, says chris are You sure travelers would have renewed you for the.
Speaker 12: Same, rate YES.
Speaker 14: But I guess i don't know what. You mean he they would have renewed you for the same rate if you didn't Have, The.
Speaker 3: No no if he did the repairs to, the shed if he spent two or, three grand they would have kept his premium. The same what he did was, excluded it and now he's paying double. The premium he said it actually would have been better for him to do.
Speaker 1: The, repairs well did?
Speaker 14: You not did you not get the option to? Do that couldn't you have?
Speaker 10: Done that or?
Speaker 15: Was it are you saying it wasn't communicated that you could.
Speaker 14: Have that you could have done the repairs and kept.
Speaker 15: The, Policy, no no it was communicated to me that the inspector is the one that said you need on this side of. The race you need to put a new, roof on you need to put, new facia soft, and gutters and you need to paint the. Whole, thing okay this is on the head that, does, nothing no, no plumbing it's.
Speaker 5: It's.
Speaker 1: Shed, YEAH no i, hear You And i'm chris.
Speaker 14: Saying, THAT there i. Get it and it seems ridiculous for asking you to. Do that but you knew at that point if you, did that you could keep the Policy. With, traveler, Yes, okay oh then why.
Speaker 1: Didn't you why didn't you? Do, It chris That's what. I'm curious why didn't you choose to do?
Speaker 15: Those, repairs well basically because in The future i'm going to rip the shed, down ANYWAY because i plan on building. A garage i'm not ready to do, that YET and i don't want to spend two or thousand dollars that'll, you know last me a year.
Speaker 8: Or, Two.
Speaker 1: Gotcha but don't you end up paying that and increase didn't you end up owing that in? Increased?
Speaker 15: Premiums, Yeah exactly SO if i Pay for i'm going to end up paying the three thousand dollars. Extra, anyway.
Speaker 1: Well That's why.
Speaker 3: I'm asking if it was up to ME and i could do the repairs on the shed and keep a lower premium for years, TO come i would do that instead of having a.
Speaker 15: Higher, premium yes Sometime when i'm a little bit slower at, The work i'm going to do the work.
Speaker 1: On it but this is.
Speaker 10: My point my.
Speaker 15: Point is why is a shed acting like a house that someone. Lives in why why do they look at a shed the same as they do, my.
Speaker 14: House only because they're house covered if something happens.
Speaker 12: To it that's what my.
Speaker 14: Point was they won't allow us. To exclude they're one of the carriers that doesn't allow us to exclude, other structures so they're saying we have to pay, for this whether you're saying right now. They don't, by contract, they DO so i get it was, a law they would be on. The HOOK whether, i mean people change when there's an. Actual loss sometimes people that said they don't care about it before could hold them to the contract of course and, SAY no i do want. This covered so their, point is if we're going to have to, cover it we want it to be, you know appropriately addressed some of the problems.
Speaker 8: OF it i.
Speaker 1: Get, it, okay listen thank you very much for calling it is a.
Speaker 3: Weird situation but some policies will allow you to include, out buildings others. Will not you guys better be looking at your premiums and your insurance coverages right now because there.
Speaker 1: Are a lot. Of changes we have more coming Up On The. Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Ripped news need it so you don't have.
Speaker 18: Run in just as as.
Speaker 2: We can shooter's gonna.
Speaker 4: Help come.
Speaker 7: This Is The.
Speaker 1: Troubleshooter Show No, Tom, Martino Hey tom, Martino here welcome to. The show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two. FIVE five i can safely say this is a show where we discuss everything, And anything and unlike any, other show we actually talk about, everyday life the things that make, you tick the things that tick. You off, All RIGHT so i asked about THE room ba and got some quite.
Speaker 3: Interesting texts, one says it works PERFECTLY and i never have those little specks on the floor that catch, the eye and it keeps my pet hair. All vacuum another one said it's a piece. Of garbage it's the WORST investment i. Ever made it, gets stuck it doesn't know where, it is and really it's made for a square apartment with.
Speaker 1: No OBSTACLES but i don't know if. That's, True NOW deputy d has a friend who has one or two of them in their home and it. Roams.
Speaker 16: Around yeah they both works. Just great they just kind of roam around during quiet hours and they suck Up THE.
Speaker 1: Like i was going to, ask you how do you know what hours do you? Program?
Speaker 16: It yeah they have a phone app and so you put in the quiet hours or whenever you want these things to be excluded, from operating or when you want them to.
Speaker 1: Be operated they. Creep around they they find their way back to, their base find.
Speaker 9: Their way to.
Speaker 16: Their base but more, than that they dock with, a base and the dock has another vacuum inside, of it and it sucks all the trash out of the vacuum cleaner robot into. The base what kind of what kind? IS that i don't remember that it's one of the two. Big Brands It's eye Robot. OR rumba i think those are. The two, And man i'm, Telling you i've seen what's inside that home base and it looks exactly like the inside of a like one of those dust collection bags in.
Speaker 1: The vacuum BUT when i look.
Speaker 3: Around in an apartment or a house OR first i look at the Floor and, i'm thinking how will it ever know where? IT'S going, i mean there's so many cracks and crevices.
Speaker 16: And metal hey d It map so it's got bumpers built around it and also has some sensory devices that can see and so you will see some obstacles before it, contacts them and other obstacles will contact them and remember where this obstacle is so you'll avoid it in.
Speaker 13: The future trends have a go. AHEAD doc i JUST found i. HAD one i used it for three DAYS and i found that it doesn't work. On carpet it works great on hardwood floors or, vinyl floors but not very well on carpet because it doesn't have the weight to get down between. The threads THAT'S what. I, FOUND oh i.
Speaker 8: Think it depends on the length of the, Carpet too BUT all i know is mine gets stuck.
Speaker 17: Under.
Speaker 1: It wall you, HAVE one, i do and. It works i've. LOST it i don't know where. It is it's under a bed or a couch. Or. Something, yeah now the one thing to watch.
Speaker 16: Out For and I'VE seen i don't have experience with, this Personally but i've seen lots Of well i've seen a couple. Of videos if your dog or cat leaves a certain present in the middle of, the floor like, A, poop yeah and the machine doesn't, recognize.
Speaker 1: It you won't believe. The mess it spreads a whole over.
Speaker 12: The house oh.
Speaker 16: My, God yeah so you gotta be careful if you if one of, your animals.
Speaker 3: When, you say doesn't, recognize it does it have a way to recognize? SOFT things i mean not, just poop but. Anything soft it could it could spread.
Speaker 1: All, over. Yeah. Exactly yeah if you have doesn't sense, SOFT things i.
Speaker 12: DON'T know i don't, like like if.
Speaker 1: You spilled let's just say like a scoop of ice cream. Was spilled technically it was spread. It all i'll bet you will go all over.
Speaker 9: Your.
Speaker 1: HOUSE now i saw one where you add water and it actually has a light miss. To, it oh that'd be. Pretty cool or you can add a, floor cleaner SO rumas i want some real. Life Experiences doct you said you had yours a few days that you did you? RETURN it i sent.
Speaker 12: It, back yeah it just wasn't?
Speaker 1: Which kind did you have?
Speaker 12: A rumba.
Speaker 1: And did you say it wasn't cleaning the carpet?
Speaker 13: At all cleaning the carpet, very well because in order to get stuff that's down in, the piles you need, some weight and it doesn't have enough weight to get really down into the.
Speaker 12: CARPET fibers.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why. You, would, MAYBE okay i see what you're. Saying, NOW anyway i now had another text saying that they use it only in certain areas and block it off to other areas where it's.
Speaker 3: More complicated, and again you can program it, yourself too right is?
Speaker 1: That right Deputy?
Speaker 16: D uh you could program its hours. Of operation, oh oh you can also exclude it from certain parts.
Speaker 1: Of you THAT'S what. I, meant okay you can exclude it from. Certain, parts yeah it's a very.
Speaker 16: Convenient.
Speaker 3: Thing okay and then on, another topic someone took exception.
Speaker 1: To it then someone ELSE said i was. Exactly right We, get okay if you figure out how Many calls i've taken in forty five years and fifty years if you count Outside, of denver but or fifty. One years if you think, about this all The calls, i've taken and all the categoric categorizing, of calls and there's one set or subset, of PEOPLE and i don't know even what to, call Them but i'm going to explain them.
Speaker 9: To you.
Speaker 1: They don't hold. A job they are disabled by their. Own definition they have a sensitivity to mold or raidon, or asbestos or they're, deathly ill, they're dying although they have no. Real diagnosis but they are, totally. Helpless totally.
Speaker 3: They're either on, food stams, social, services medicare disability or something.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 3: They depend totally on friends and neighbors and relatives to help them through. Their rut or they're completely alone and they blame everything and everyone for.
Speaker 1: Their problems everyone they have never once, Taken responsibility they've never admitted to. Being lazy the world owes them and they are.
Speaker 3: Total, Losers, HEY tom i don't get a lot Of, Calls, munchausen yeah by proxy Or.
Speaker 1: Just lunchausen so this may be.
Speaker 13: Which one this may Be, emotional munchausen where You know munchausen is.
Speaker 12: Where you think that you're sick with.
Speaker 13: Physical illnesses this may be a Subset of munchausen where there's they think they're.
Speaker 12: Sick, PSYCHOLOGICALLY.
Speaker 3: Well i don't even know if they think they're they're. PSYCHOLOGICALLY sick i think they just think. They're sick. They're disabled they they latch, onto disability they want to. Be disabled they literally talk about their disability all.
Speaker 1: The time, and yeah that's. Exactly Right and.
Speaker 3: Munchausen by proxy would be where you do that with a child instead of yourself to. Get attention correct and and sometimes There's munch munchausen by proxy with, Pets Even but munchausen syndrome is basically you got something wrong. With, You right you've heard these calls on. My show you've heard them and you've tried to. Navigate them AND and i don't always tell it like. IT is, i mean we have a culture now where anything goes and everything, is recognized.
Speaker 1: But we got to call a loser.
Speaker 3: A loser we do people who latch, onto disability people who latch. Onto sickness i'm not talking about genuinely disabled people or people who are striving to get along. Every day i'm talking about people who latch onto symptoms and search for, a diagnosis and it always centers around something they, can blame and most a lot of it.
Speaker 18: Is.
Speaker 1: Mold, Okay now i'm not.
Speaker 3: Saying there aren't people who get sick, by Mold but i'll bet you the vast majority of people that call me about mold illness, are, crazy okay and radon, and asbestos because first, of all the exposure to those things have to be so long and so deep and so plentiful that there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: About it it's not just living in an apartment that had some mold for.
Speaker 3: A month we've had families who call this SHOW and i Swear, to god everyone in their family.
Speaker 1: Is sick they say because of.
Speaker 3: This mold and what's really funny is it's only after they discover the mold then they go back and they do a revision of their whole. Health history it's not just, going forward but they revise. Their past, oh yeah come to think, OF it i haven't been feeling.
Speaker 1: Too well and this. Is, why.
Speaker 3: Now in addition to having the substance to blame or the condition, to blame sometimes they, blame people or they, blame jobs or they blame, invisible demons people spying, on them or people out to, get.
Speaker 1: Them or a neighbor or a friend who. Turned foe it's. A shame it's. A SHAME and i can identify them almost, at hello almost.
Speaker 3: That hello it's a certain Type, Of. Hello tom it's like or they're totally bat. Crap, crazy now i'd like to know do you like. Your roomba i'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: Getting One but i'm not sure which kind.
Speaker 8: Of get.
Speaker 1: Let me know if you like it. Or, Not okay speaking of, emotional distress.
Speaker 3: What would you say is the most depressing job or area of jobs if you had to.
Speaker 1: Pick one there has been a very, extensive no believe it, Or, not no there has been an extensive study done on the most depressing Jobs. In america how the mental.
Speaker 12: Health studies we got to listen to problems all, day long eight hours.
Speaker 10: A day.
Speaker 1: Researchers say.
Speaker 3: That this needs to serve as a giant wake up call to employers so they can they can design mental health benefits to help.
Speaker 1: These people so they analyzed a half A million. Us workers the data was collected between twenty fifteen and. Twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: There were eighty thousand cases of depression within. That grouping some industries stood out as. Especially grim other industries stood.
Speaker 1: Out as being. Very healthy oh, my god you're not gonna believe what. Just, HAPPENED no i swear. TO you i oh. MY god i didn't even type.
Speaker 3: It In so i'm looking at a newspaper and reading about this the most depressing Jobs.
Speaker 1: In america and.
Speaker 3: Guess, what look, Come. Here dmitri look what? Came Up, look look.
Speaker 1: Look o. The roomba look at the room bay.
Speaker 3: You, no no it has the next era as cleaning, has arrived THE room. Ba compactor but but Here's what i'm. GETTING at i never typed that. IN anywhere i did not Do a.
Speaker 1: GOOGLE search i did NOT do.
Speaker 16: I didn't you don't have to because you're it was listening. To me your phone AND your tv said behind you are both listening to.
Speaker 3: You, people seriously you heard me just say what is, the best what do you think of? Your room blah blah blah blah, blah blah never typed a. Thing IN then i went to this study on the most depressing Jobs in AMERICA that i had flagged earlier today to. Talk about AND when i brought that, article up the ads being inserted now are all.
Speaker 1: About the roomba and.
Speaker 16: The eyebots told you and, You people you people have THOUGHT that i was crazy all.
Speaker 1: This time you did not even type it. In something my laptop. Is listening this Is what i've been.
Speaker 16: Telling you and it's not just, your laptop it's your phone and that television behind you that wanted to know your birth date the day you bought.
Speaker 1: That television do you? Remember, that yeah this is, scary. Stuff, folks anyway let me get to the most. Depressing jobs.
Speaker 3: Social services those involved in social work have the leading depression.
Speaker 9: In these.
Speaker 3: Measured careers do you know what number, two is which just, shocked me food prep and serving The FOOD and i don't know the. Food industry so community and social services the number one most it's a lifetime. Diagnosed depression by, the way they're saying it's permanent when you're in community and. Social, services second food prep.
Speaker 1: And serving and by, The way i'm getting more ads for these portable vacuums popping up on. THIS survey i am honest, TO god i.
Speaker 9: Am.
Speaker 1: SHOCKED now i know people listen, to us but this was, Like instant this Was while i'm on.
Speaker 3: The air within three minutes it populated. These ads we have more coming up On The. Troubleshooter. SHOW people i know, it's crazy. Isn't it stay tuned.
Speaker 1: For More i'm, Martino here welcome to. The show frank randareal estate man.
Speaker 3: Dot com will get you a free evaluation of your home and what it will.
Speaker 1: Sell for just.
Speaker 3: Ask him he goes through everything supplying demand, your home, the comparables, the neighborhood and even interest rates to get you a price on what your house will. Sell for he has thirty years. Of experience he sells more for more money than most real. Estate people three h three nine two zero sixteen. Twenty Two, frank rand The realestate Man. Dot com ronald wants to talk about a problem he. HAD selling i believe selling Or buying Ronald Your. CHEVY silverado i, bout, It okay and what's, The? Problem RONALD when i?
Speaker 7: Vowed it they sold it too many with a promise and, extra warranty and they did not feel. The contract the breaks is going through, the floor stipend, won't stop might try.
Speaker 10: To hit a.
Speaker 7: Kid Anything so i'm kind of paranoid. About IT so i don't.
Speaker 12: Drive.
Speaker 1: It okay when did you, Buy? IT ronald i Bought.
Speaker 7: It december the field of last year was beginning of the. Last year that with the Beginning, of okay just.
Speaker 10: Your Heal.
Speaker 1: So december Of twenty december of twenty. TWENTY four i need to ask a few. Questions here you said you had an extended warranty they're.
Speaker 7: Not, honoring, YES sir i bought the extra attend the wanted the, same day AND like, i said the guy said he was going to fix the tires. AND rims i brung. It back they didn't do nothing.
Speaker 9: To it.
Speaker 7: They scheduled me had another appointment to. Come back they did nothing to it and let me leave with no brakes again and. No HAIRLIGHTS and i paid them.
Speaker 1: Off, Cash, okay ronald did they tell you that those things would be covered under the? Extended.
Speaker 7: Warranty everything the DAY that i, bought it the man came into agreement to fix my, back rims to fix.
Speaker 1: The time did you? Get that did you get? That agreement did you get that agreement? In, writing, yes, Sir YES and i got.
Speaker 3: A wish no you have on, your okay but on your paperwork it says that they're going to fix your brakes.
Speaker 7: Or no my back tires. That's walked, there's, Shaking.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry AND when, i, purchased yes AND when i purchased, the VEHICLE which i did.
Speaker 3: So okay so they promised to fix, the shake the shake in your rear, excuse me in in the rear of.
Speaker 1: The, car.
Speaker 15: Truck, yes, sir, yes sir rear of.
Speaker 1: The truck and what do? They say what do they say? About? That now what do they say? About? That NOW.
Speaker 7: When i, first BROKE when i brung, it IN like, I said i voted, The fields they're scheduled me on the sieve and take to bring. It in then they looked, at it didn't say they couldn't do nothing. ABOUT it, i, SAID well i said, during purchase y'all was gonna. Fix it and now they said they can't do nothing. About it.
Speaker 1: But did they, say, why, no sir, no reason. No, nothing okay we need a, Method, dealer ronald.
Speaker 10: Who's the that's why it was a breach.
Speaker 7: Of contract, but but.
Speaker 1: But, But, ronald ronald we need to look. At, this okay we will look. At it we're gonna take a look at the contract and that promise that. You have what's the name of, The Dealer.
Speaker 7: Bleakers Chevy, And Done?
Speaker 1: North carolina, oh wait It's In. North carolin what's the name, Of It.
Speaker 7: Bleeker's Chevrolet, And Done? North, carolina.
Speaker 1: Okay In?
Speaker 3: North, carolina okay, hold, on, hey bo you want to take a stab at calling.
Speaker 20: These people I'll get bleekers to call and give them a. Little bleak why they're not Helping.
Speaker 12: R yeah, Out.
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 1: Bleakers chevrolet what city is?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 10: In done.
Speaker 1: Where are? You located Ronald And North, Carol.
Speaker 6: Done.
Speaker 3: North, cala okay, hold, on okay let's help. Him out hold On. To ronald the deputy bow is going to talk. To you three three seven on three eight two. Five, five bill what's going on?
Speaker 10: With?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 21: Bill, WELCOME well i bought a car from a Friend In, Fort, erie ontario and.
Speaker 15: It was a fairly.
Speaker 21: Complex deal to bring it Into the states and get it licensed. And EVERYTHING so i hired an outfit that works on that sort, of thing and it looked like it was going to cost about one k and there'd be. No, duties, well basically they screwed up when they brought it across. The order they had it misaddressed to a Business, in pennsylvania of, all things and as, a result there was a seventy five hundred dollars duty that was what or?
Speaker 1: By this, oh wait? How much how much is? The call what kind? Of car what kind of car?
Speaker 21: Is it it's a it's a tesla and the duty person the person's supposed to be zero.
Speaker 10: A, Lot right So, WHY.
Speaker 1: Okay a long, story short. Go ahead it was a.
Speaker 10: Screw up on.
Speaker 21: Their part now they're trying to get the seventy five hundred bucks out, of Me and i've had various conversations. WITH them i have some emails that suggests that it was, their problem but not as cleanly as. You LIKE and i, basically, Said look, I'm, HEY bill.
Speaker 1: I need to know the.
Speaker 3: Basic steps let me let me get. This straight you bought it from a Friend, In, ontario canada.
Speaker 6: And then it was.
Speaker 1: By mistake it was shipped to.
Speaker 21: A business it was the paperwork showed that going across, the border although they fixed the paperwork once it, got across but not before the seventy five hundred dollars fee.
Speaker 10: Was incurred.
Speaker 1: BUT what i need to know is what is the? Fee for what is that when you sell to? A business what is the?
Speaker 21: Fee, called yes it's it's a duty when it goes to. A, business.
Speaker 3: Okay hold on, a, Second bill we'll come right back. To you three oh three seven one three talk seven ONE three a two five five bill says he bought a car from a Buddy, in canada and the import company he hired to, help him they shipped it to a, business first which triggered an import duty of seventy five.
Speaker 1: Hundred, Bucks bill where is the car?
Speaker 21: Right now i'm sitting in it Here. In colorado and this happened about a year and a, half ago and, oh crap. Voicing me they kept invoicing me for the seventy five. HUNDRED bucks i paid the amount that they should have collected.
Speaker 1: On it.
Speaker 21: But now they've turned it over to a. Collection PLACE now i listened To Enough tom MARTINE that i know that there's, no judgment so they're just trying to harass me with a. COLLECTION place, i, think right.
Speaker 1: That's right they know they. Screwed UP but i need to ask a. Few questions was it ever shipped to? That, business no it never actually.
Speaker 21: Got there the mistake was fixed before that, actually happened but it had gone through customs and the charge.
Speaker 10: Was incurt.
Speaker 1: How did they make? This mistake did they ever? Explain, it.
Speaker 21: No it was it was just to screw up and in addressing. The thing now they made other errors and things along, the way but nothing of. This, Magnitude.
Speaker 3: Okay then once it went to that once they, corrected it it was shipped to you and you paid the thousand dollars that they had.
Speaker 1: Invoiced you originally.
Speaker 21: It was a little different from that because there was a checklist of items and some were there and Some were BUT basically i, told, them look when you, Correct this i'll pay THE whole i thought they, corrected IT so i went ahead and paid, that amount losing the tiny bit of LEVERAGE that, i had and then they continue to build me for the seventy five.
Speaker 10: Hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: And is there anyone you can talk to at? That company when.
Speaker 21: You, Call yeah i've discussed this with, people there and you know they'll look. Into it blah. Blah Blah there's they don't just admit right off hand that it was, a mistake although the guy that made the mistake has told.
Speaker 9: Me that in a.
Speaker 21: Phone CONVERSATION but i don't have it. Written down what's the name.
Speaker 1: Of that what's the name of the? Import Company?
Speaker 21: Livingstone INTERNATIONAL so i googled. Them recently they get one star because you have to give at least, one star and most of it's due to horrible. Business practices.
Speaker 3: HERE'S what. I, believe okay HERE'S what i would advise you if you were, my brother and that is do nothing in order for them to collect a dime.
Speaker 1: From you they're going to have to take you. To court and there's no way that you have a contract, with THEM right.
Speaker 21: I do and it doesn't say anything about seventy five. Hundred bucks if you'd read, the contract you'd think it'd be around. One, thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay. That contract they'd have to show a contract for seventy five, hundred dollars and the contract.
Speaker 3: That you signed or that they gave to you shows a fee of one. Thousand, dollars.
Speaker 21: Yes if you it's a. Punch list if you add up, the items it comes out to around, one THOUSAND and i never certainly never will.
Speaker 3: Okay, bucks, no, NO no i don't think they're ever going to collect it. From you you're just bothered because they are not because they are just they're, bugging you.
Speaker 1: BASICALLY right i would, ignore.
Speaker 3: Them though HERE'S what i, would say here's a surefire here's a surefireway to get rid of stuff.
Speaker 1: Like THAT and i do this all. THE time, I say i do not believe based on, MY contract i owe you. The money if YOU believe i do owe you, the money take me, to, court, please.
Speaker 10: Yeah okay and then they won't.
Speaker 1: Do it they don't have. The money they don't have they're they're not going to do, it well.
Speaker 21: And They're, In Buffalo. New york where would they have to.
Speaker 1: Assue me.
Speaker 3: The contract calls out that. The contract in, the contract it usually says this agreement construed under the laws of such and such or wording such as that almost all. Contracts now if the contracts do not specify, the laws then the law that takes effect.
Speaker 1: Is usually where it. Is executed if you signed it, at home it Would be. COLORADO law, i did so It's. Either colorado well most likely.
Speaker 3: They're not but Either it's colorado or it's a law specified in.
Speaker 1: The agreement did you read the agreement over and does it. SPECIFY jurisdiction i.
Speaker 21: Didn't see a tease and see section that would have that. On It but i'll look at, it again.
Speaker 1: Look at it and call. Me back, but.
Speaker 6: Basics okay, so.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile BASICALLY.
Speaker 21: Can i tell the collection agency that quit? Bugging me is is There a colorado law?
Speaker 1: On that.
Speaker 3: There are laws on this if they bother you outside of normal business hours and outside of normal places, of business but. You can't but they have the freedom to contact you otherwise you don't.
Speaker 1: Have it there is no law that forces them that.
Speaker 3: They're allowed Under The Fair Debt, collection act they're allowed to bug you where it is legal to, bug you but it's not always legal to.
Speaker 1: Bug, You okay so you just have to bone up on.
Speaker 3: That law just google that law or go into artificial intelligence and look For The Fair Debt collection they're allowed to bug you during normal business hours and that normal contact information they have, for you and because they have a pre existing business relationship, with you they're allowed to. Contact you you're also allowed to avoid, Them completely so you do whatever you can to, avoid them but you can't.
Speaker 1: Stop them from. Contacting, you okay three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two. Five, five hey you know what one.
Speaker 3: Clear chest garage doors for your garage doors everything to do with your garage door or.
Speaker 1: The opener there there twenty four to seven to help.
Speaker 3: You out One clearchoice doors dot com seven two.
Speaker 1: Zero three seven zero thirty nine. Eighty Seven.
Speaker 3: Hey tom, martine here, all right let's talk ABOUT the uh roof certifications when you refi. A house sometimes when you sell, A house uh lenders want to know about, roof certifications like is? It reasonably is it reasonable to expect the roof to last five years without.
Speaker 1: Major problems it's.
Speaker 3: Called the roof certification and it can cost you up to five. Hundred Bucks But excel roofing has a Special for martine listeners only until.
Speaker 1: Further notice and what is?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 8: Special, Henry yeah so for, anybody listening whether you're a real, estate agent you have a home, for sale you're going to sell, Your house we're willing to do a roof certification, for you for free as long as you Mentioned this. Martino special this isn't something that a lot of people normally, think about but when you come and sell, your house you need to get a roof certification to verify that that roof is going to be good for five years. Or so AND like, i said we will do it. For free it's three oh three seven six' one six.' four zero zero if, YOU didn't get that i would write that down three oh three seven six one.
Speaker 1: Six, four zero zero YEAH that's good because i mean that is a.
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars value if you're going through a closing right now and they're asking, for a roof certification you're gonna get It with excel ex. Cel, Excelroofing, DOT com hey henry i have. A question to ask do they ever use drones and roofing? Industry to, do estimates.
Speaker 8: You know they look for, hail damage using drones but it can be just really, hit or miss right it's not gonna.
Speaker 1: Be you guys don't. Use them a lot it's.
Speaker 8: Basically, Walking the roof yeah so the rules around drones and roofing is that every commercial pilot needs to have a license and it's just not worth it.
Speaker 1: For all of us to get our own license. To operate a drone so we just do.
Speaker 8: The regular roof inspections, we set a ladder, we get up there, we look for damage, we do an evaluation.
Speaker 1: And do you do? Free? Inspections, for that, Yeah absolutely All right deputy d.
Speaker 22: We you have somewhat of a. Follow up, from somebody i'm sorry recall A couple hours ago dorothy called. Us, because she asphalt yeah IT'S a COMPANY Called c And J. Concrete and asphalt repairs she said, they did a terrible terrible job. Doing the concrete steps they came back and redid the job and. Additional work wasn't done what do, They.
Speaker 1: Have to say.
Speaker 16: IT'S it's pretty nasty i had a couple Of conversations with both dorothy, And, her her husband roger and it turns out it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Worse, than we thought okay we're. Gonna follow, this up then again did you? Contact, the company yet no.
Speaker 16: There's, no company, to contact no, address there's no.
Speaker 1: Company there's no nothing we'll find out. More About That. Tomorrow i'm tom Martino. Three Oh Three martino Follow Tom Martino at real tom martino and stay connected with all of that at six thirty k kayhow dot com and.
Speaker 22: On the iHeartRadio app this, is denver's TALK Station six thirty k house