Speaker 1: Watching that insanity unfold in DC are not probably the healthiest thoughts to be having for hours while you try to not go back and look at some of the videos, but you cant help yourself because it's your damn job, So you got to sit there and do that. Ah, it's uh, it's gonna be a struggle this morning. I think what I'm gonna need is like some some like soothing herbal what's the name of the tea company, herbal whatever, right with the sleepy time. Well not maybe not the sleepy time, because I don't need to be going to sleep it's early. I might do that, but something soothing, like a lavender or came mill, maybe some soft music, because as soon as I started on this, man, it is on.
Speaker 2: How many of you, how many of you.
Speaker 1: Found yourself just trying to mind your own business yesterday after yesterday afternoon, maybe you know, turning your attention to your job, maybe putting down the phone because it was having like a real impact on your mental health watching what was going on in Washington, DC yesterday, watching the absolute destruction and violent for every one of you who you know sat here like Adam Schiff and when the January sixth thing was they should never get out. They should all be charged with trees and all the rest of this stuff. For any of you who decided that that was it. And then what you would always say is you'd say, they literally killed a police officer, which they didn't, by the way. But I was sitting here and trying to have a conversation and point out that anyone who was assaulting law enforcement and they were ring them up on charges, I have no problem with it. But you said that wasn't good enough. Anyone who was there, anyone whose phone pinged in the DC area you wanted hunted down, and the FBI did it for you. They went through and they spent a gazillion of your dollars to do a now multi year investigation, they're not even done. And hundreds and hundreds of people were charged, and as we came to find out, charged illegally in some cases according to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: But it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: And people who didn't lay one finger on law enforcement and are seen on video literally entering open doors, walking past law enforcement who's playing brigging Bejeweled on their phones were handed multi year sentences. It was one of the largest investigative undertakings the FBI has ever conducted. Do you think that what happened yesterday that will happen?
Speaker 2: No? No, And it's why.
Speaker 1: I or a little tea here of Cama mill some honey on heres. Moonshine lemon, Oh, smell it more moonshine lemon honey. Okay ah. Do you do you think for one minute there's gonna be whole websites created with grainy photos parents whose kids are turning them in, kids whose parents are turning them in. The wholesale destruction of family units, the majority of which never physically involved themselves with law enforcement. Do you think that's gonna happen for me? Yesterday? Because every single clip was the wanton destruction and defacing of any monument in DC.
Speaker 2: They could get a.
Speaker 1: Hold of the physical assaulting of police officers.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean lightly.
Speaker 1: I mean you had officers that were attempting to conduct the rest and every time they would kneel down to handcuff somebody, some violent piece of garbage would run out and physically grab the vests of officers, ripping them off of them. The absolute pandemonium that was going on in the lower part of Union Station there where you had officers that were nearly thrown onto tracks. The attempt to take over of the Watergate Hotel, which happened to be where Nett Yahoo was staying, as they came prepared not just with you know, ready to physically rumble, but also dumping pests in there, pulling fire alarms, cheap shotting officers, security personnel, you name it.
Speaker 2: And it went on for.
Speaker 1: Hours, and then the audacity of the President of the United States to begin his little five minute speech yesterday with political violence will not be tolerated, when he wouldn't, dare just point that camera outside the window if that's the real window. I don't know if that's the real window, if it's the faky window. But he wouldn't in a million years after uttering that line at the exact moment it was said to be uttered, point a camera directly out the window. I can't be the only one. We're ti more tie. And all the while, yeah, all the while, I'm having to sit there and watch a wholescale revisionist history unfold in this twenty four hour span within the media over border issues, over voting records, where it was just erased somebody uh. Somebody pointed out, it's like the It's like the family photo from Back to the Future in real time, but the internet's forever a simple montage and many hit but a simple montage of and it was it goes before and after, So there'd be a clip of before Joe Biden stepped away from the race, and then you know, some media outlets show.
Speaker 2: Her hosts should be like, ah, she's the.
Speaker 1: Borders are and then and then directly after then there was the reporting that took place over the last forty eight hours by the same people in the same shows in the same network.
Speaker 3: Tamala Harris knows what she needs to do.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm sorry, hold on, here's the clip I meant to click quote unquote borders are. Vice President Harris was not a borders are.
Speaker 4: Being time Vice President Tamala Harris facing some backlash.
Speaker 1: What he said about Harris and immigration was not true.
Speaker 2: She was never appointed borders are.
Speaker 5: And this will be her first visit to the US Mexico Border Regents and she was appointed as the borders are by President Biden.
Speaker 6: People gonna have to counter the misinformation.
Speaker 4: You already hear folks talking about the borders are she wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 1: President Biden tapped Kamala Harris Vice President Kamala Harris to be the borders are Now.
Speaker 7: She wasn't the borders are. That's what Republicans labeled her.
Speaker 4: They were very article of Kamala Harris, especially in her role as borders are Now.
Speaker 6: What she's up against is folks line about.
Speaker 7: Her border record, calling her a.
Speaker 1: Borders are Kamala Harris who was appointed as the borders are.
Speaker 2: The Biden team didn't declare who the borders are. They wanted her to work on kind of the root causes of immigration.
Speaker 1: There has been so much criticism against Kamala Harris. You know she was the borders are, calling her sort of the borders are, which wasn't necessarily the case.
Speaker 4: So the border if they weren't planning to address it in a major way, do not make her your borders are. She met with some of the Northern Triangle countries, but nothing has effectively changed.
Speaker 1: Sorenity now, Serenity now if the every single network, which you just heard an example of, is to follow the example of Axios, who really set this thing off. Yesterday, Axios pointed out that she was never the borders are and was immediately met with their own reporting by the same reporter, and their response once they realized that was untenable, was to add a little addition to the initial reporting, saying that they and the rest of the media incorrectly labeled her back.
Speaker 2: In the day when they did their reporting.
Speaker 1: So what they went with, rather than pointing out that the White House is full of crap, is that they all were full of crap. That was the solution of the problem. If that's not carrying water, I don't know what is. And you had those two things compounded over a twelve hour fifteen hour span yesterday, and it literally, I literally had a problem fallows asleep. I can usually fall asleep, I'm pretty good at it. Because I ain't get a napists today and I sat there tossing and turning and thinking about it, absolutely losing my mind. So we'll try to stay calm today, but it won't be easy, and I will feel like most of it like I'm sitting here and I'm yelling at this wall in front of me with little noise dampening things on it, so literally you can't hear me because it's you know, it's angling the sound away, so I don't get an echo.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 1: That's how we're kicking things off today. I'm sure some of you might share the very same frustration. Will provide a cathartic release if you two want to yell into the void, We're here for you. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four back in just a few Sure, some of them were taken into custody and will likely be charged.
Speaker 2: I saw a saw some folks pointing out that they've identified.
Speaker 1: Now I guess it's four individuals from three different Congress members who.
Speaker 2: It was their kids out there.
Speaker 1: Now, they weren't necessarily out there, you know, the ones who were seen assaulting police officers, but they were in the hoard man, And I'm sure that the media will spend a good portion of the day tracking down those members of Congress, including that weird looking Connecticut lady, and asking them for comments on why the kids were in the middle of the let's see destruction of the flag assembly and statues on Washington Circle there in front of the Union Station.
Speaker 2: Which that part killed me because.
Speaker 1: Every year when we would do the DC broadcast, it always took place at the Phoenix Park Hotel, which is directly a kitty corner from Union Station right there. In fact, because of how it sits on the corner, when I would look out the window of my hotel room, it would gaze upon Union Station.
Speaker 2: And you know, you had a couple of big.
Speaker 1: Statues there, You had the flag assembly, had a lot of sleeping hobos at night. I saw more than one naked person fighting police over the years, but you generally didn't have the mayhem that you saw. And they absolutely tore it to pieces, took the flags down, burned the flags, tangled with police, put the gosit flag up there, spray painted every square inch of everything they could find, chiseled and broke part of the base of the statue.
Speaker 2: It looks like I don't know what they snatched or what they hit it with.
Speaker 1: Because there's like little there's like little column things on the bottom, and they ripped one of those off, and that can't be easy. And just absolute pandemonium. And while while that's going on, Netanyahu's got his speech, Joe Biden's getting ready for his little five minute dinner thing described as emotionless with no real description of why he came out of the race.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you buying this.
Speaker 8: The truth, sacred cause of this country is larger than any one of us, those of us who are cherry. That cause cherishes so much, a cause of American demckers itself must unite to protect it. You know, in recent weeks has become clear to me I need to unite my party in this critical day. I believe I reckon as president, my leadership in the world, my vision for America's future, all merrid of a second term. But nothing, nothing can come in the way of saving our democracy that includes personal ambition. So I've decided the best way forward is the past, the torch for.
Speaker 7: A new generation.
Speaker 1: Watching video this morning of some of the gatherings because you know, even though even though they're the official opening ceremony for the Olympics, is is I guess tomorrow, there are events that take a while to play out, so they're going on, and so they have there's video of like a Israel fans at I'm not sure what this event was yesterday, but basically you had members of the crowd there at Paris who are identifying them as cheering for Israel or or I guess you know, the crime of being Jewish, and they're physically trying to attack them in the stands.
Speaker 2: What are we what are we doing? And what are we doing?
Speaker 1: And they have, like I'm looking at the one video here, they have like five, you know, standard security guards like you'd see if you went to an NFL game, right, trying to trying to quell the pandemonium. So I don't know what they're gonna do when we get into some of the bigger events, because the stadium only looks about a third full, So like, feasibly you could provide separation, and that's.
Speaker 2: Not but one, why should you have to?
Speaker 1: And two what happens when you don't have the ability to do that anymore? Remember what happened with what do they call the stupid singing competition Eurovision. I know that that didn't get a lot of coverage over here, but it was pretty crazy because like you had, you had you had judges who were posting videos that they were intentionally rigging the vote against the the Israeli singer, and they were just like they were bragging about it. And plus you had people that were trying to rig the vote on the audience voting side or harassing harassing the singer, and it wasn't just them, it was also anyone who spoke out, like I think it was the Norway or Finnish singer. And then you had that crazy demon looking Irish singer who was using her time to scream about it, and it was all just treated as kind of, hey, you know what, it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you I don't know if you're aware of Paris to the current makeup of the city of Paris, but there seemed to be a lot of folks who are not fans of anything having to do with Israel, which you don't have to be, but you can't act like a psychopath, you know what.
Speaker 2: You can have your opinions and like somebody's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I I don't know if they're taking it seriously enough to try to stave that off. And I saw Israel was telling people not to go to certain things. Why shouldn't they be able to and they're trying to torch our capital in DC, absolute pandemonium. Simultaneously you have that going on net Yahoo, who's giving his speech, well.
Speaker 9: I have a message for these protesters. When the tyrants of Tehran who hang gaze from cranes and murder women for not covering their hair. Are praising, promoting, and funding you. You have officially become Iran's useful.
Speaker 1: Idiots, right He also what did he? He also did the was making fun of one of their signs. And again, you don't have to like nt Yahoo and I and I do believe people when they say that they feel that you can't that leadership of a country versus your affinity for the country are two different things.
Speaker 2: For the same reason.
Speaker 1: A lot of you don't like Biden, but you kind of like the whole American experiment. That's fine, That is not what we're talking about here. This is this is this is criminal what's going on, and everybody knows it. But everybody will sit there and couch it and look the other way. And I don't know how you watch any of the stuff that I watch, you say and look the other way, because that's not you're not in civil discourse. And I don't know that they even needed the visit of net Yahoo to be the kickoff. I think they would gladly tear up the US capital and not give it a second thought, regardless of whether or Netanyahu was speaking or not. And then the third thing you got going on is you got Trump and Charlotte at the the Bojangles Center there and he's going on for two hours. And then there's a photo that emerged of him. I guess that's on his plane leaving where he's just kind of staring at the TV as Biden's getting ready to do his thing.
Speaker 2: And it's just, you know, just everything full circle, man.
Speaker 1: And I have to keep physically like dipping out of this stuff because it's ruining my whole evening. I did get a nice nap yesterday, which might have been the only saving grace. Always good when we get because I haven't had a nap all week. I know, I sound like a cranky toddler, but it's almost a.
Speaker 2: Necessity, man.
Speaker 1: Plus, in the early part of the day I had to watch Christopher Ray come in so he could testify about, you know, the attempted assassination of Donald Trump, and lo and behold more of the stuff where people really wanted to know, right, how many rounds were fired, what's going on here? Where the Secret Service director kept deferring to the FBI investigation. Ray then would defer to the Secret Service investigation. So once again, they have absolutely zero respect for you. You're gonna do whatever they want. You're not gonna get all of the details. And Christopher Ray is as smug. If Donald Trump doesn't fire him on the first day, what are we doing? I know he appointed him and he should be absolutely be held accountable for that. He screwed up and he should make right what's going on. So if Donald Trump's in there, Christopher Ray is fired, are we in agreement with this? He has to go. And the FBI needs an absolute purging over there. They're a broken organization that will not put in one eighth of the effort to stop what happened yesterday versus what they did with J six. They're not going to give you answers on the and and and and the news media will come out and they will say that it is a conflict of interest, right because he's the victim here, and so he did. He shouldn't be messing with the with the stability of the FBI. No, he should because he's the only one who can do it if he's the president. That's it. And to show you how, how, how how seriously they were taking everything, Jerry Nadler and Adam Shift attempted to hijack that thing, which was ahering into the attempted assassination of Donald Trump, to use it as a hit piece on Donald Trump. Because they have no souls, they have no conscience, they have no waistline.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: To his chin starts where his belly. It's wild man, absolutely wild. They are scumbags and to be rewarded with likely a Senate seat, which Adam Schiff is probably going to get, just shows you how broken not just California is, but everything. This is Adam Schiff literally in this hearing yesterday morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you was chairman, director, Thank you for appearing. Thank you for the extraordinary job that you're doing.
Speaker 2: He's not he's not doing an extraordinary job.
Speaker 1: He's not doing a damn thing, But un it's extraordinary because it keeps covered what you want covered, and we don't have to have this moment where people step back and go, they almost killed this dude. Look what the FBI is uncovered. That won't happen. And that's how shift won, which lets you know that this is a person who in my mind is just fine with Adam Schiff. If you if you told me and we had access to even the subconscious thoughts of Adam Schiff on Saturday, you couldn't convince me. At some point in his mind, he didn't go damn it, How did you not hit him? Because I think he is that level of scumbag. I remember he lied to us for years and there's no accountability there. Oh the big evidence. You just haven't seen it. I've seen it. It's crazy. And he will sit there with a big grin on his face and say, the way this right here?
Speaker 3: Please convey our thanks to the men and women at the Bureau for their incredible work. I worked with him since I was an assistant US attorney more than thirty years ago.
Speaker 7: Let me start with a threshold question.
Speaker 3: I'm curious about when I applied to be an assistant US attorn and you had to go through a background check. Do candidates for the FBI have to go through background checks?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Would someone with dozens of felony convictions survive a background check for the Bureau?
Speaker 7: No, so they would never be hired by the Bureau.
Speaker 2: What does this have to do with him being shot?
Speaker 7: Well, clearly the Bureau has.
Speaker 3: You don't have to comment on this, I know you won't, but clearly the bureau has higher standards for their hiring than one of America's great political parties. Let me turn to the events of the.
Speaker 1: You guys, you guys, by the way, you ran a cop killer as a Democrat one time. That's is that.
Speaker 2: Disqualifying, mister Ray?
Speaker 1: Do we know if I'm not in hr over at the FBI, I don't know. That is how Adam Schiff decided to start this yearing, not hey, why don't we get some answers on this or what have you found there any of.
Speaker 2: The rest of that. He wanted to use his opening time there.
Speaker 1: To do to literally reattack the person who got shot and ignore by the way, the person who lost their lives lost their life and others who were wounded. That's Adam Schiff, all right, Hush, hush, I can't with you anymore. Then it was Jerry Nadler, who is the ranking member, so the number two on that and so even he should be more on point. And you're going to be shocked to learn he.
Speaker 10: Was an assassination attempt. As horrific as it is, this assassination attempt, as horrific as it is, should surprise no one. Really, you would think a political party that almost lost their presidential candidate through an act of political violence. But there's something to say about the way that leaders keep talking about the next election. Donald Trump has warned there will be a quote blood bath.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: He went for the bloodbath thing, which if you listen to it in context, was clearly him talking about not tariffing cars that China is going to attempt to manufacture five minutes across the border in Mexico because they think they have a loophole to flood the market with their own manufactured vehicles that will not have tariffs because of some of the NAFTA requirements. It's abundantly clear in there. And he chose to run that. He chose to run the good side or good people on both sides thing, and Republicans don't even sit there and correct it. And that's how Nadler's going to go ahead and start this thing, and simultaneously his party as literally and continues to And this goes back to what Biden was really saying. We've made the full circle, say that it is the end of democracy if this wins, and and the talking points that that Biden put out during his little five minute teleprompter th on yesterday continue that it's going to be the end of democracy we don't do something, and they will shamelessly say it because there are never consequences at the voting booth for them, and and that reflects on the people within the districts which they serve. Why would you put up with this? I would be embarrassed if that was my rep This is a hearing about an attempted assassination and they can't even talk about it except to attempt to throw blame on this. I tweeted yesterday, there's not enough. There's not enough soothing, sleepy time tea out there.
Speaker 2: There's not enough.
Speaker 1: I don't I just like I I, I am befuddled. I want to use a different word. How literally watching the dude get shot didn't change your attitude at all in the way that you operate.
Speaker 2: What would it take?
Speaker 1: What would it take A if somebody knocks a nuke off at the RNC, Like, I don't even think that would change this. So it's it's it's it's another it's it's another untreatable symptom. I don't know what the answer for it is. And that's scary, Like you want to think that there's something out there where people would pause and have a moment and go, yeah, we got to do this differently, man. And you know, I think for half a second, I guess you had that with nine to eleven, but not for long because the my pet goat stuff was still out there, right, They really shut that off. But we're so far gone on this stuff that all of these things could simultaneously take place yesterday. Everything that happened yesterday on its own would have made for a pretty incredible news cycle, whether it was the protest in DC, you know, the dueling speeches with Biden and Trump, the wholesale switcheroo by the media over things that were correctly reported by them, who were then willing to say, you know what, no, we all had it wrong back in twenty twenty one. Every one of those would be a crazy news cycle all on its own, and it all happened within twenty four hours. Meanwhile, over in PRIs, they're probably gonna murder some Israeli fans. Are they gonna get caught out on the street. They're gonna be walking back to their hotel. It will probably happen. I hope that it doesn't, but I have no confidence that it won't. So I hate to make predictions like that, but I tell me I'm wrong. I don't think I'm wrong, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. And then what was the what was the thing Trump rosse?
Speaker 11: Were?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, my brain's up. You and I were talking about this off the hear What was the Trump thing where they're still running that?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, the the Hannible elector thing.
Speaker 1: Hannibal elector. All right, we got to address this, do you guys? You guys have heard. And by the way, I also does anybody at the Trump thing yesterday you want to give us a book report, that'll be fine. You know, Trump keeps mentioning Hannibal Lecter, and I think he keeps doing it more because some of the reaction he gets. But do you understand the context of it? Okay, if you don't, that's fine, because even if you don't, I think in your mind you probably do because of the way that you treat it. But we'll say it very slowly for people out there, because they keep as a bone they keep chewing on because, like he thinks, Hannibal Lecter's a real person. Right, You've probably seen some of that narrative and he doesn't, but he's making a point and he doesn't when he now when he brings it up subsequently, he doesn't always seen set it.
Speaker 2: So we'll seen set it and uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe then if you hear somebody bring it up, he can be like, well, know what he's actually talking about is this, and let me explain it for you, even though that shouldn't technically be your job. That is unfortunately where we are. And they say, if you're explaining, you're already losing. So and we also said there also the little behind the scenes Barack Obama, Joe Biden spat that New York Post is saying is going on.
Speaker 2: I'll explain that to you as well.
Speaker 1: All coming up, two more hours to go, case O Day Radio program, Hang on. But overall devious plan because you got me was the way in which you all not you all.
Speaker 2: But unless you were part of it, then you're in there.
Speaker 11: But like.
Speaker 1: Somehow yesterday the news cycle found a way to put simultaneously all the stuff that just drives me up the damn wall within a twenty four hour period. Right, the wanton double standard and destruction of Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: The parading of the failed and corrupt.
Speaker 1: Agencies like the FBI, The smugness of members of Congress who no longer suffer any political ramifications for hijacking something as serious as hey, they almost assassinated a president. The the the display of the media's willingness to literally fall on the sword right and and make fundamental sweeping Oh no, that thing you thought you read, You didn't read that. Declarations on varieties of issues, whether it was the borders, our stuff, which there's tape. It's so it's so easy, it's so easy just to go back and and and then people won't care. They won't care. The erasure of Kamali's voting record. Remember this. One of the things that blew me away right when AOC got in there was remember the Green Remember the one sheeter on the Green New Deal where it was just like, we're gonna build a train to Hawaii. I'm not misrepresenting that. By the way. They called for the elimination of air travel. They also called for the elimination of cows. And if you remember the very first, not one of the first, the very first other member of Congress, in this case, Senator from California by the name of Kamala Harris was the very first to throw her support behind the Green New Deal. She became the lead Senate sponsor, and I'm supposed to pretend like that didn't happen. And you coupled that with remember she was also the most vocal over the juicy Simolet stuff, putting out a tweet all in on it, and even when it became abundantly clear that it was all a bunch of hot garbage, she still wouldn't pull away from it, going out and pushing the bail fund for what was taking place in Minnesota, which I took extra personal because I had to watch streets and shops that I used to frequent that I used.
Speaker 2: To live near.
Speaker 1: Just being destroyed, and I knew people who literally had their lives. They don't do what they did anymore. One of the guys who ran, like I say, it wasn't a pawn shop per se, but it was like secondary archery equipment and a.
Speaker 2: Few other stuff.
Speaker 1: He didn't have guns, but he had basically all the other stuff. It was I got played against sports, but for hunting equipment. His was one of the businesses on Lake Street that is no more because he was he's old enough. He just he couldn't rebuild. He didn't want to rebuild. And then when they tried to rebuild, they were prioritizing monies to rebuild, and he was a white dude, so he wasn't being prioritized. And it's just as death by a thousand cuts. And by the way, if you go back and you look at the easily accessible voting records and proposals of Kamala Harris, those themselves were being disappeared yesterday.
Speaker 13: Very different.
Speaker 1: This is her being interviewed during this little week where where the spat between the media and the Democrats was there, so there were members of the media doing real journalism. This is an ABC News interview and the bewilderment on her face in this clip is like nothing I've ever seen because she didn't expect the follow up question.
Speaker 13: Very different.
Speaker 4: In the policies that you've supported in the past, you're considered the most liberal United States senator.
Speaker 1: I somebody said that, and it actually was Mike Pence on the debate stage.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well, actually the non part is in Gov Track has rated you as the most liberal senator. You supported the Green New deal, you supported Medicare for all.
Speaker 1: And she the look on her face is like, is this happening?
Speaker 12: That look on her face she gets it every time she's actually pressed for anything. Yes, that's why if she is going to do that debate with Trump in September, it in Fox, you're probably gonna see that look a lot. Like you press her on Ukraine or the border, whatever the issue is, that happens a lot.
Speaker 1: She starts laughing, Oh, Mike Pence said that, and the reporter could have gone, yep, yeah he did.
Speaker 2: And you know why he said it.
Speaker 1: He said it because the you gov people said it, but now they don't. Is gone, go look for it, it's gone. And acxios. How to affix the little things? And oh no, we all had it wrong with the.
Speaker 2: Borders are stuff. Meanwhile, they're like.
Speaker 1: And Donald Trump thinks that Hannibal Lecter is a real person?
Speaker 2: Does he?
Speaker 1: Is that what you got from the five second clip us all? Or did you take did you bother to look into it?
Speaker 2: Ross?
Speaker 1: You didn't know? You bothered to look into it.
Speaker 2: Didn't you know?
Speaker 12: Because yeah, we've mentioned it before in the in the show very like Fast. It was like a passing thing.
Speaker 2: Right right cuts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, I've seen that on social media and I didn't care enough to look into it because I figure everybody they always take him out of context, and it had to be it had to make sense when you actually saw it in context, right. But I keep seeing it show up on my on my ex feed. And then a few days ago, my buddy sent me a text. I was like, hey, and he's like, not like a you know my buddy who I'm going to bulldoze his house in Chapel Hill, right right right, the best friends. He's like, so, explain this Hannibal Lecter thing to me, because I'm very confused as to why he keeps bringing up. And I told him, I'm like, I don't know, because I haven't looked into it. I have no idea. But when I've heard it out of context, when I've just heard the little clips that like somebody like media Matters or someone will put up and it sounds like looney tunes. So last night you sent me another clip of him mentioning it in Charlotte at the rally and I'm in bed. I We're about to go to bed. I didn't want to play the video because I didn't want to wake up Marky. She passed out. So, but I was reading the comments. The comments are like, he thinks, Hannibal Elector is what.
Speaker 1: You want to play the clip? Yeah? You want to play the clip?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, play it, play it?
Speaker 2: Play all right. So here's the clip from Charlotte, the one that was around.
Speaker 12: Because when you actually hear the audio from the clip, then suddenly it makes sense, because when you're just reading the comments, it makes no sense at all. It's like he thinks the head of Elector is real. He believes it was a real thing. He thinks it's a documentary. He thinks it's a late great person. What is he talking. He's lost his mind. He's old. He's like an eighty year old and not making any sense. But when I actually play and load the video this morning, ta da, when it's in context, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, And he does keep bringing it up, that's true, And I think he does because he enjoys the lunacy of the reactions. It's because at some point there's I think Trump does do some stuff like that right where he's just like, oh, they always freak out when I say this, So I'm gonna say this like I get I get that sentences and our here is from Charlotte yesterday.
Speaker 14: Prisons in jails, mental institutions, and insane as alums. You know, they go crazy when I say the late great Hannibal Elector. Okay, they say, why would you mention hornrible Elector? He must be cognitively in trouble. No, now, though these are real stories. Hannibal Elector from Silence of the Lamb. He's a lovely man. He wants to have you for dinner. He'd like to have you for dinner.
Speaker 1: And all right, even that is out of context kind of unless you know, kind of the first time he brought it up.
Speaker 12: But so I wrote back to my buddy who asked me about it the other day, and I had an answer for him. I wrote him back today. I'm like, okay, it's the first time I've heard it in context. And I figure out he's talking about people coming across the border, and he's talking about some of these people are crazy and some of them are actually from mental institutions, which is true. And then he switches the Hannibal Elector using it as hyperbole, like like would you want Hannibal Lecter coming over?
Speaker 2: Here. I mean, where's he gonna go.
Speaker 12: It's gonna go to la I mean, my buddy writes me back, and he goes, okay, well that makes sense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, this is the thing what Trump's talking about pre date. The best example of what Trump's talking about, which you may have forgotten about, was Cuba.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't know if you remember who negotiated that in Cuba. By the way, did.
Speaker 1: Carrie have something to do with that? It was? It was a very famous negotiation that took place. They call it the prisoner dump.
Speaker 12: They talk about at the beginning of the Scarface, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So basically they went in, here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called the Murial boat lift. All right.
Speaker 1: So and this goes back to nineteen seventy nine. Those are the twelve Cubans that were looking for that, but it then became a post it was part of post negotiations following the failed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's three different incidents. I'm sorry I should have pulled this up.
Speaker 1: Basically, they went to Cuba and they said, hey, we want to get the uh, some of the folks that were seized during the failed Bay of Pigs. And then there was a second thing, and Fidel Castro basically took that as the opportunity to give us thousands of people. And it turned out that he had just basically emptied prisons and and mental institutions in Cuba. So the vast majority of the people that they sent us over were not who we thought they were getting. We were given the people they didn't want to deal with. And that was that was a big fu moment with with with Cuba and Castro. It's a thing.
Speaker 2: You can look it up.
Speaker 1: And so you had that then that is that has been a thing that has played out. Mexico has given us or allowed the emptying of a prison that sat near the border, and exodus to those prisoners were basically they're like, if you make it across the border, you won't get rounded up. That's the thing that has happened. So to some extent, that's what Trump is talking about. Yeah, making migrants criminal, the Murial boat lift, Miami, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: There's a ton online. You can go and read this for yourself.
Speaker 12: I mean a lot of people on the left understand that he uses hyperbole a lot, right, and a lot of times he's given like a stand up his version of a stand up routine. He's making jokes, but he's doing it in a way that people can relate to important issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I for one, look, I find some of his delivery weird. And I've stood there. I've literally stood and agree in the very coliseum where he was given his thing. Remember that was where I went to go interview him, and then we didn't have time to do it, and I watched. I watched the whole thing, And to be fair, it was the first one of his where I watched it rather than working it right because I'd gone to get some some stuff before and and you just you process stuff different. But I had the opportunity just to kind of sit back there in the little press area. Some of you were yelling at me like I was wr e L, thank you for that, appreciate that, but anyway, and and they just kind of take it in and he won't. I wander, so I'm sure I come across the same way. But it's clear when he's just riffing on stuff, it's abundantly clear. Like when he's pointing when he says at the end of that cut he wants to have you for dinner, he's pointing at somebody in the audience. He's got a big old grin on his face. And the person, if you look at the larger thing, kind of puts does the thing where they put their hands in front of him and shake them back and forth, Like no, no, no, I don't want to be eating by handible lecter. There's not a serious thing going on there. But to the bigger issue there is, to the bigger issue of and and that makes perfect sense if you're Mexico or you're Cuba, or you're you know, one of these other places, and you can literally offload what you consider the dregs of society. You think that's a win.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Just maddening, just a maddening collective of a day of everything and like and and I think it was personal.
Speaker 12: You know, I felt the same way. Send you a text yesterday about everything, Yeah, because I had to take a break from social media because I had a solution and you know, in the end of the day, Yeah, I had I had a very you know, simple solution as to how to solve the problem there in dec going on yesterday. But I was like, I'm not posting it because I'll probably lose my gig.
Speaker 1: You just need to vent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was what it does to air drop coloring book.
Speaker 12: Correct, what it was. I heard from several people, two different people yesterday. Uh, separate occasions.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 12: One of them and both big dissantis supporters, not Trump fans, big rhndes sandi is so much that they were not going to be voting in November. And I've heard this repeatedly. One of them, I'm not going to name them, but one of them has had issues with his parents as well, like where they're not really in speaking terms because they've had issues because parents are big Trump supporters and he can't stand Trump. He wanted to say going to stay home. Sent me a message yesterday that said, you know all this crap that's going on in DC where they're vandalizing, putting the name of a terrorist organization on our monuments, plus combined with the axios revisionist history stuff and everyone. Yeah, he said, now I'm I'm going to be voting Trump in November. Yeah, I can't stay. I have gone too far.
Speaker 1: And I I I.
Speaker 2: Hope that that is.
Speaker 1: I hope that it's enough to change, even if it doesn't come around to Trump, even if you just want to hold Nadler and Shift accountable at the voting booth, not that we probably have a bunch of their constituents there. Like I hope that this behavior has consequences, and I want to be clear, I don't mean violent physical consequences, because unlike those who would leave it out there very subtly just say, oh, man, I hope something happens that stops this.
Speaker 2: Wink wink, nod nod. Have to go there.
Speaker 1: I have to sit here and hope that you will all come to your senses and you reject this behavior.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to even just.
Speaker 1: Reject it by going out and voting for Trump. You can turn your efforts into making sure that these folks don't have jobs anymore. And that goes for the media as well. You don't have to go You don't have to go all into fight clubs and start destroying infrastructure. You can simply say I will not participate in the consumption of any of your media anymore. I will not take your newspaper, I will not watch your shows. I will not give one damn red dime to go into your website so that you can hit me with Google AdSense stuff, which isn't easy It's not easy to do, as few organizations control so many swaths of the media. But you will not reward this behavior. You will not reward us being able to put to montage like this together in like ten minutes.
Speaker 15: Borders are. Vice President Harris was not a borders are.
Speaker 1: These are the same people, the same shows backlash Sometimes creation was not true.
Speaker 2: She was never appointed borders are.
Speaker 5: And this will be her first visit to the US Mexico Border Regents. And she was appointed as the borders are by President Biden.
Speaker 6: People gonna have to counter the misinformation. You already hear folks talking about the borders are.
Speaker 1: She wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 1: You all should lose your jobs.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: Nobody should take you seriously enough to treat you with any respect that allows you to work in the media. And it just won't happen as long as you keep feeding the beast. So stop feeding the beast. We'll be back, boy boy yesterday.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: Just one thing after another after another.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the most irritating, I think for many of you is to sit there and watch the absolute wanton destruction of Washington, d C or mon Immens. The flags that were torn down the the literally hundreds of incidents and run ins with law enforcement, many of which turned extremely violent and useful idiots run around screaming this. That's while the flag burns there in front of you, and you just know that, even though it has all the hallmarks of everything that you saw, or at least was explained to you that you should have seen with January sixth, that the accountability and the effort by the FBI and others will not even be one tenth of one percent what you previously saw.
Speaker 2: So there will be there will be no disincentive to come and destroy it next time.
Speaker 1: And that's the part where I'm sitting here and I'm like, I don't I'm scared. I'm going to say something this morning. So we got like, we got some we got some like sleepy time tea in here. Rosscott the zither out so I can zend myself on moments. Notice some of the tea here, Oh Ginger, what do you think a little lavender in this?
Speaker 2: Or some lavender? Some moonshine lemon. That's all I can do.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to net Yat who talk about the frat boys who frankly should have been there yesterday, but I'd understand what they were.
Speaker 9: We recently learned from the National Security Director, Director of US Director of National Intelligence that Iran is funding and promoting anti Israel protests in America. They wanted to disrupt America. So these protesters burn American flags even on the Fourth of July, and I wish to salute the fraternity brothers at the University of North Carolina for protective the American flag, protective the American flag against these anti Israel protesters.
Speaker 1: And nobody expects that Nanna who's speaking, is not gonna have protesters, and it's fine, dude. Look, there's a there's a lot of stuff. If people could be intellectually honest with this, there's a lot of real big government stuff that nn Yahoo does that I'm not comfortable with, and like, those are those are valid criticisms. Now you can argue that he has to do it, which some people will because of some some serious opposition shenanigans that have unfolded within the Israeli government. But most people aren't plugged in. And I admittedly I'm not plugged in all the way, but I have intellectual curiosity enough to really see that you have these two factions there, and you saw a lot of the very same stuff you're seeing with Trump, with the weaponization of the justice system within Israel to go after Remember that Yahoo just a few years ago was being indicted on a bunch of stuff that and most of it turned out to be absolute and utter bs, but some of it didn't. Some of it it looks like there is abuse within the system.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Is the Israeli government system the same as the US and are they afforded the same protections they are not? So you can hate this, dude. You can want a new direction for Israel, including ones that some people think would just spell the It would just signal the death of Israeli independence. You can think all of these things, but you can't come and destroy my capital. You can't break into the Watergate Hotel and fill it with cockroaches and whatever else they were throwing it.
Speaker 2: Probably bedbugs. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 2: Pulling fire alarms.
Speaker 1: Physically assaulting police, trying to throw a police officer onto a train track, and one officer probably not gonna have a job. I don't know if you saw the video finally having enough of it and taking like full scale kicking runs at this dude's head and for a moment you can feel good about watching that because you're so frustrated about stuff. But you have to pause. You got to get your tea.
Speaker 2: Right, You got to your soft music and go.
Speaker 1: You know, even in the face of that, it's important that while there is full throated investigations and it's not even help it anymore, and you have to have a standard. You also have to have a set standard. Christopher Ray demonstrated once again that he needs to be fired the moment, the moment if Trump, if he does is send to the presidency again. You know, they're always like, I'm gonna do all these executive orders. Is my first thing? Know, your first thing is you fire Christopher Ray, and you have a plan to purge the FBI of the very same individuals that would you know, sign on to a letter and you know, ignore the laptop which we find they have possession of and play all of these games and create these double standards. And you need to hold them accountable. And that is what they fear most, which is why they will do all of this stuff because they think that they're protected and they think that there won't be consequences, and they think and they know and they're correct that the media will claim that he's going through and this is personal and he's just doing this so that he can have yes men in there, so he can, you know, he can form a dictatorship and soon the SS will be running free in the streets. And you let them say all that garbage. You let the same people that just did some of the largest scale revisionist history in a week's time that you've ever seen. You let him run that game, and you take it as your responseility that when you are around people that feel uncomfortable with change like that, you explain to them exactly why this has to happen. But you also tell them that you will be vigilant and if it looks for a moment that Trump is going to head into the tutalitarian uh direction, that it is very clear this soft coup that is you know that is currently operating right now, that you will be a steadfast And it's dangerous stuff, right because people when they get more power sometimes it corrupts them. You've heard the saying, but I don't know what the alternative is. The alternative is you just let this stuff play out. And then the Adam shifts of the world, and the Jerry Nadlers of the world, and the corrupt democrats of the world, and the corrupt Republicans of the world for that matter, will sit there and continue to do whatever they want. And eventually the amount of people that are sending me emails right now that I think you should delete telling me that you think violence is the only answer. You should delete those and you should rethink that. And I know that's going to irritate some of you, but that's what they want. That's what they that's what they want, which is why when it happened in the opposite direction they panic so much. Because the plan is to get you to do that. And even if you don't do it all the way you saw what you saw the mountain out of the Mole Hill that January sixth became imagine if it's something more significant and and and and and.
Speaker 2: Not just here. You look at what's going on?
Speaker 1: Are you Are you familiar with all of the stories that are breaking out of the Olympics right now? Do you have you have you know, you have soccer and you have a few other things that are good you know that start early before the opening ceremonies because there's so many matches right, some of the swimming stuff things like that, you have Youwish athletes and Jewish fans who were literally being physically assaulted in the stands. There's video out right now. You have athletes buses that literally have been hijack or attempted to hijack the Belgian swim team, the Australian swim team. They had one of the BMX teams had their bikes stolen out of a van. And then we're intentionally redirected on a path that is not the correct path for the purpose of attempting to hijack the vehicle carrying the athletes. Go look it up. All the stuff's happening. Canada just got busted cheating. Canada just got busted for flying drones over the New Zealand practice for the women's soccer team so they could spy on them ahead of their match. And I know not all of this is as serious as you know the other stuff. You had, the sexual assault of one of the was IT assistant coaches. It's absolute pannemonium over there in Paris. Why do you think that is? Because Paris has long decided that they're going to be a lawless city, man, and they can have all the cardboard beds and green initiatives that they want, but there's a reason that you know, people have literally abandoned portions of that city, and people say, why the you're have an abandon it because doctor Cleeder's still service. So you know exactly what I mean. So I don't know, man. You're seeing the exact examples of what lawlessness looks like. And of course you know they've had rioting in what London leads all over the UK this last week, and yes, over in France and now in Washington, d C. Some of the people doing the vandalizing are kids of members of Congress that have already been I identified. What do you think their consequences are going to be? You just overwhelmed the system. This is what it looks like. Also, Ross, you say Canada has their country stripped? Is that Ross wants to make them a British colony?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 1: Why I reward.
Speaker 2: The British man?
Speaker 12: I mean, that's just embarrassing.
Speaker 2: What's embarrassing?
Speaker 12: It's embarrassing. You're flying a drone over.
Speaker 2: What women's the New Zealand women's soccer bread.
Speaker 12: You're trying to cheat at women's soccer.
Speaker 1: Come on, oh.
Speaker 12: Dude, what is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know some people would just build You think Bill Belichick if he wasn't the women's soccer coach, wouldn't do that.
Speaker 12: Oh, he completely would. But that's American football. It's a real sport.
Speaker 1: I no, I'm saying even if soccer now has a job as the women's soccer coach cheating at euro trash?
Speaker 12: Come on?
Speaker 1: Oh no New Zealand and Canada or not European countries. But oh I see okay, So yeah, Ross is very harsh penalties.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? Raced agic? You very get the weather right.
Speaker 12: Or Ross is.
Speaker 2: He's He's doling out some punishments.
Speaker 1: Today, So.
Speaker 7: Definitely do not.
Speaker 2: Canada's Canada's a colony again too very harsh fair.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so well harsh forecast, especially this morning and in through today. Areas of showers on the flosh stays in place.
Speaker 12: That's an effect.
Speaker 15: Let's see through this evening. So we may see rainfall total inch maybe two inches in spots. Some could get two to four inches of additional rain already seen, some rain scattered across the area, even some heavier showers and spots, and I think it's on to get off again all day, so we're kind of in it. Low eighties for highs and more scattered showers right on through tonight and tomorrow. Best chance early tonight, best chance tomorrow will be as the morning progresses into the afternoon. All the weekend does look a little bit better. I think storms will be off to the west and maybe into the mountains close to the Triad, but for the Triangle we may escape the rainfall.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna kind of split the state in half.
Speaker 7: It'll be a tough forecast.
Speaker 15: I'll fine tune that tomorrow, but it looks like right now we could have sunshine. There is a chance of showers of thunder storms, so further west you go, most of us getting back to the little bit eighties, and then we'll be back into the showers and thunderstorms as they get into next week and maybe getting a little bit warmer. But today gotta gray. Expect rain, expecting maybe some localized flooding. So just slow your role, especially this afternoon if you get some heavier thunderstorms with some heavy rain.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you sir, appreciate it, yep, and we'll come back. Grab your calls next, hang on, coming up. We're gonna, we're gonna we'll take a deviation because if not, I'm gonna lose my mind today Stephen cantill join us, our official NERD correspondent.
Speaker 2: So we'll.
Speaker 1: We'll just lose our mind over poor Star Wars shows or stuff like that. It'll feel good.
Speaker 2: It'll feel it.
Speaker 1: Deviation will feel good. But let me grab a call now, Jamal, you're a first, Go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Hey, KC, I'm sorry about you mean, the team brought try some press Kentucky whiskey out of a barrow. But I'm gonna tell you this, KC. And this is something else. You have a notice because I've been saying this. I told people Joe Binden does not need to drop out because the media is not gonna be held responsible for what they did with his cover up. And I said this, but this is what you haven't noticed in the media. Whenever they're discussing come all in now, they make sure it's a white Republican and it's black Democrats to defend her. Remember the black guy Paris who was for President Trump in twenty sixteen, and of course CNN stopped bringing him up there because he was pushing back. I'm not talking about MSNBC because at this point, if you listen to anybody who's listening to MSNBC, they didn't even think they're gonna try to be any time fair. I got some beach one pro I'm talking about some Atlantic front property in Nebraska to sail you. But they are now purposefully purposely putting white Republicans up against black Democrats, purposely doing There are plenty of black Republicans like myself and others whom.
Speaker 1: They can Michael Steel, like Michael Steele with his Captain America and his crying eye.
Speaker 11: That guy, you no, that's that's in That's NBC.
Speaker 9: We know.
Speaker 11: The only reason why a former head of the Republican Party when Barack Obama won in two thousand and eight is on MSNBC because he was thrown out because he was stealing money. See, they don't want to talk about that when it comes to him. He's a thief that was thrown out of the Republican Party as chairman because he was stealing money. Literally, he was caught doing it, so he was fired. So when and yesterday when we saw the meeting with them turning on the nose about Tamala being the borders are. Oh, well, we got it wrong, Casey. I me and you have debated back and forth about this about the same restrictions they have on the Second Amendment, that they need the same restrictions on the First Amendment when it comes to the freedom of the press. Because this is to the point now when I'm glad President Trump did this yesterday. He started pushing back on the media Sunday and Kamala Harris and I'm gonna say, Kamal ain't gonna say the other way Kamala Harris is that she is a threat to democracy. We was told to bring the temperature down and it's all done with me. What Adam Shifp did. The media should have covered. They said, there had the man who was shot at. You got the man who's headed the FBI, and you're supposed to be asking about questions about the man being shot. You're trying to put a political hit to say about President Trump. Wildcorse. I'd rather vote for the fella than the jack behind. I don't know if you can say Jackie, I say Jack's tae. I rather fellas check.
Speaker 1: Well, you just did so oh into flames so I guess you can look. Yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna tell you got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: So just look.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, See, this is what people have been saying, that we have to label them a threat to democracy the same way and turn the temperature back up because obviously they're not they're not gonna throw down.
Speaker 1: Watching the news cycle over the last twenty four hours, everybody's lost their damn mind. The republic has lost I don't know. In fact, let's go ahead and let's let's make all sorts of comparisons. Let's welcome in our oh, our current Events entertainment and official Nerd correspondent Stephen Kent to the show. So, Steven, do you guys have fun burning the Capitol yesterday? I'm assuming that was you dressed as Darth Vader like the one dude was or was that not you?
Speaker 6: Hey? See, me and my fellow nerds were in our mother's basements just playing video games and joint life, creating great memes. I was not at that event.
Speaker 11: That was not me.
Speaker 2: What what do you live outside of d C? Right?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I'm angry and I only visit like once a year, right, But this is it's I'm sorry to put you on the spot because we're gonna get into little nerdy stuff and and but some stuff that also has to do with government that we need to talk about. But wait, I don't understand why the why the residents of DC are not madder than than even me this morning, who's having to drink spiked canon milt tea to make it through his day. It's just far, madames far.
Speaker 6: I mean people, people are ticks and and you know I showed showed my daughter that video last night of the desecration of the flag at Union Station, the spray paint that was all over the bell. I mean, it's it's horrible. This is where I commute into every day in d C. I get out to that monstrosity when I have to go to the to Congress and speak to people on the hill. It's it's horrible. Uh. And people are mad about it. But it's just you have mayors like Muriel Bowser here in DC who won't say it out loud, but they condown this activity. And that's why it happens.
Speaker 1: And I think that I think the reason that hit me extra hard is when I would do my annual Radio Row every year. We always did it at the Phoenix Park Hotel, which I'm sure you know where that is obviously if you meet through Union Station, And of course the window of my hotel almost all of the windows view Union Station because of the corner it sits on, and I look, it's always it was always really cool to go up there, even with the pandemonium and the mayhem. I was up there during the Kavanaugh hearing. But it's part of the atmosphere and it's largely contained, so I could be I could go to the Irish bar right here at the hotel, I could go over to Union Station do stuff. I could walk around and do the touristy stuff. But I could also go over and still see people exercising their First Amendment and some of it, you know, and sometimes it did violate the law, and there were remedies for that, but not on the scale that we saw. And you couple that with what you saw in London, what's going on in Paris right now where they're literally like seizing Israeli.
Speaker 2: Fans and stands.
Speaker 1: There's some video that's emerged of that, and and you ask yourself how coordinated it is and to put this in nerd terms for you. I have dark thoughts and are creep into my brain, right, which is like the whole precipice for Star Wars, like, don't let yourself go to the dark side, right, don't do it? Yeah, But for just five seconds, I just in my mind, I'm like, well, what if Palpatine's in his transport shuttle, which, by the way, they don't even have a cool name for it.
Speaker 2: It's just called that.
Speaker 1: And he stares out and there's a bunch of yay who's spray painting a dreadnought? Right, He's not putting up with that crap. And I'd watched that episode Lock them Up.
Speaker 6: I think that's what he is saying. And by the way, what he says his shuttle is called a Lambda shuttle, So do your homework.
Speaker 2: I did it, just said cruiser. I was very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good because like they have cool names like Infiltrators and Dreadnoughts and.
Speaker 6: All those things.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, it's just called the Emperor Shuttle. That's so stupid. No, he's going all lightning hands like he's not putting up with this.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, and that's I think that's why so many people are turning to more authoritarian type leaders around the world, which is because in Western democratic nations we have not drawn ourselves to like actually defend our own institutions, our own buildings from rioters and anarchists and people who want to ravage beautiful things. And that's how you get, you know, more authoritarian blowback. And we don't want that. You don't want help the teams of the world to step in and go, I will bring order. You have to maintain order yourselves through democratic processes, and we just don't have the backbone to do it.
Speaker 1: And I had to sit there and I had to watch members of Congress try to hear which we knew was going to be a deflection of thon by Christopher Ray at the FBI, just as it was by the Secret Service director, where they're both going talk to the other person about their investigation. We knew that was baked in. But to watch members of Congress then use it to try to pistol whip the very dude who was shot. I could Ross and I exchange messages on why it was not a good idea for either of us to post tweets yesterday and I hate that that's where we are. Meanwhile, what is Congress going to be dealing with today? Not figuring out what are we going to do about this, but to figure out how they can screw with your ability to actually discern what your kids can and can't consume. So let's talk about this. I'll make that awkward transition what are these Yay, who's up to today?
Speaker 6: I thought that was a wonderful transition. Yeah. So Congress in the Senate today they are expected to vote on the Kids Online Safety Act, which has been moving through the Senate now for well over a year and is now being rushed with all haste for a floor vote by Chuck Schumer. This is a bill which would expand the federal government's role in moderation and content present on social media in a massive way. I mean, this is Patriot Act level stuff, but for social media content regulation. What it mainly does is it forces social media companies and online platforms to adopt a duty of care for their users under the age of sixteen. Now, you might think, if you're a parent, I'm the one who has duty of care over my child. Now, social media companies would have that in the online space where this is simple is child exploitation content and pornography. But where it is not simple is speech content that is in the gray area of is this bad, is this good? Is this okay? Or is this harmful? Social media companies do not want to be the shoff of what is harmful content. And that's what's going on here with Coosa.
Speaker 1: And you know, one of the examples I hear often cited and it did offend the senses? Do you remember and I can't remember what the how old the child was at the time, but do you remember there was a child who is now an adult, but when they were a child, there was a video of a revenge porn posted of them. And they kept going back to the well to the social media companies and going can you take this down? And Twitter was one of them. It predated Elon being there, but they then made it an Elon problem when he bought it, where basically they would reach out and they'd say, Hi, I'm a fourteen year old girl and there's a video that was posted of me providing a sexual act.
Speaker 2: In this case it was of the Lewinsky variety.
Speaker 1: And the media companies will just say, yeah, we'll totally get to that we'll take that down, and then they wouldn't take it down and the horrified parent out there and understandably so, and that's the white horse these guys are wanting to ride in on.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, and there's a reason that they're taking that because it's very clear and simple, and you could also just have revenge peorn legislation that covers just that single issue. What this does is it just forces them to moderate and reduce access to content for anything that could be perceived as harmful to minors. And so you have a bunch of different groups on the left and the right going well on any given day you call our content harmful. Students for Life, a pro life action group, came out yesterday against this legislation, saying all we have ever experienced in the online space with social media companies, is you calling pro life content harmful and stressful and damaging to people because it causes people right shame or something. And then you also have more LGBT type groups coming out and saying, well, everybody's a cute using us of causing gender dysphoria and stress and mental health problems and children we don't want this either, And the answer is simple everybody. Parents need to be more involved and activist in what devices their kids have and what goes on them. You have full control as a consumer. I say this often about you know, parents who are stressed about their kids online lives. Is your kid paying the bill? You are I've never met a family where a teenager who's on TikTok and social media all day where they pay their phone bill. You are consenting to that activity by allowing it. And there are alternative devices available on the market that gives parents full moderation control. You don't need congress to co.
Speaker 1: Parent and now and then the pushback would be the kids are going to find a work around, and I can look.
Speaker 2: I remember meeting as a kid.
Speaker 1: I remember I remember how within five seconds when we first got internet access to my high school, because that's the age that I am, where we figured out how proxy servers worked, right, so little hacker geniuses. I remember when I was much younger, my mom absolutely forbid me from watching Beetlejuice when it came out, and the first thing I did is I went over to my buddy Nathan Galiano's house, and you know what we did. We watched some beetlejuice. So it's not going to be a perfect system. So I guess the work around. If you're social media, then why don't you just say, all right, we have a new rule.
Speaker 2: Nobody under the age of sixteen can have an account.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be good enough, right because you have to you have to create. They want you to go further than that, even though it's a near impossibility in some instances.
Speaker 6: So I'm actually going to give you a contrarian answer on that no one under sixteen allowed to use social media at all. I don't support that kind of thing, but it is actually a rule that social media company could attempt to follow. It's very crystal clear. It would require age identification, which requires id collection of adults and children, but it's a rule that they could follow. The problem with KOSA is that it is subjective. What is harmful content besides child pornography and exploitation material? We don't know and they don't know either, which basically means that they're going to be in the position of going to court every couple of months to defend themselves against angry politicians who accuse them of violating the spirit of the law. And they will say, we don't know what the law is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a but here's why that's a cop out. And you saw people wholesale. Remember they wanted to put the the uh the that that theater kid woman in charge of, like this committee that was going to be the arbiter of what he is or is intact. Yeah, if you remember that, remember remember that? Yeah, the informations, Yeah, the misinformation. Well, you know, nobody's AZAR anymore. I know they used to be AZAR, but no, that's retroactively fixed. And by the way, why isn't that harmful whole skill lining to kids and proceeding in nineteen eighty four attempt to purge stuff. Somebody compared it to the photograph from Back to the Future where his siblings are fading out and we watch that on steroids. So it's never going to be good enough for some people. But it's I understand too why parents would be concerned that their child, who's not even trying to do a workaround, is online one day and happens to be subjected to an episode of the acolyte. So like, how do you how do you keep kids from what we can all agree is harmful material?
Speaker 6: You have to be engaged, Casey, I mean, this is this is so hard, and I'm a very involved parent and my daughter's limited online life because I don't think social media is healthy for children. I think it's quite detrimental. But that means that the onus is on me to get her a device It's called the Bark phone, by the way, where parents have full control over every app that is and is not downloaded, and also have full moderation content controls over what happens on the phone, you know. And to back this up and to how uncontrollable things are on social media, you know, I was at summer camp being a camp counselor at my daughter's camp just last week. And this is profane, but I mean every kid in this camp, age twelve to eighteen, all know who Hawkta Girl is. Okay. Now, the reason that that's important is because that kind of content would then fall into the crosshairs of well, obviously you don't want that shown to an eleven year old who then goes, well what is that about? And then they go find out. But then adults can't access that kind of humorous content either. There are not two internets. There is why an internet that we all share, uh, and so you're not going to be able to just put up a Chinese wall in between these things, so that rich doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Which doesn't work, by the way, in North Korea spoiler alert, most North Koreans have access to Western media. This is and you know, you you could argue that that is the tightest lockdown that's out there. And like they got DVDs and stuff, They know this stuff, they sing K pop God help them right it. So you there's never going to be a perfect system. So what of the example that I used where your child is subjected episodes of the alcolae?
Speaker 2: What what do you do as a parent at that point?
Speaker 1: I'm sure I'm gonna harp on this now that the thing's over, So if you want to defend it, go ahead, But like I'm using that as the humorous example. And and and the question is, I don't think these cats care because they love that there is a level of control, even if it's one that's often turned upon them, such as the Republicans find themselves that you know that they're going to go ahead and go along with this. Sorry two minutes to package deal. Both those things fire aways here we.
Speaker 6: At this point, I guess we'll talk about The Acolyte. I mean, the thing that parents have to do is be engaged with watching the shows that their kids used to watch without any adult supervision. It used to be the case that you could put your kid on the Disney Channel or in this case, Disney Plus and let them run wild and have a great time with family entertainment. We don't live in that world anymore, and these companies put out all sorts of strange, corrupt stories with very sensational plots. I mean, in The Acolyte is a Star Wars show that features the kind of twisted, dark romance that you would find in Oh that Vampire thing, Twilight. It's a very much the same kind of story, and that kind of story is really for kids like fifteen, fourteen and up. I would not want my nine year old watching the trained, twisted romance of the Acolyte. You know, these are things that we have to just be more engaged on, and that's stinks. You know, we don't have time to watch and screen everything that our kids watch.
Speaker 1: But especially especially when you have people within Disney said that they were happy to insert stuff into some of the programs. All right, we'll have to get we'll have to get to that another day. So the messages don't let your kid watch the Acolyte. Thank you, Steven, kids appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, look at that. See you're getting some good advice around these parts today. And that's that's what we're here for, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Back in a few it's bands of people outside of the stadium waiting for fans to come out and also waiting for the team to come out, and uh, nobody's really trying to stop it. So, uh, something band's gonna happen over there. I don't want it to, but I am just firmly convinced of it. I just don't know exactly what it's going to be. But things are crazy, man. I was reading a story yesterday or the day before this guy. For those of you who don't know, if you have the Apple AirPods, they also although they're not as good because they don't always work as well. But I've if you can use the find my iPhone stuff to track them. Right, So you've got an you've got an iPad or an iPhone or the AirPods, they show up on your find My Find my iPhone app, and I've used him when I left them around the house and I can't figure out where I left the damn things. And I've never gotten him to make noise, which it says it'll do, but you can use like to geo track it where it's like you're getting warmer, you're getting colder, and that seems to work. So this guy had a pair sitting in a car that got stolen in Chicago, and he, you know, he called the police obviously, and they're like, oh, yeah, yeah, we'll totally get on that. Well they didn't, so he went and tracked him, and he've tracked him to a location where there's like three other cars that clearly looked like they'd been stolen because like windows were busted out and stuff, and there's a there's some bad dudes around there, and so he calls the police, and the police get bad at him because currently it's not a violent incident at this moment, and if he sticks around or tries to take his car back with his extra keys, as he was threatening to do, he would be escalating it to a violent altercation. And so they were like threatening him if he didn't leave. I think he did go get his car back, but it literally just shows you where we are. Hell, the Mayri of Chicago is at that teachers union thing the other day, jokingly or not implying that maybe as part of the new union contract that teachers after school hours would would not be in trouble for having a drink. Whatever the hell that means, like you can bring a you fill your stanley with booze, and if it's after normal instructive hours but still on school property, the teachers would be able to How this is where we are. It's just one wild story after another. It's just like I need something. I need anything in my news cycle this week that isn't just the most insane crap.
Speaker 2: Ever. I don't say this to be dramatic.
Speaker 1: I can't remember a continued news cycle like the one we're in right now. And I've been doing this for I've been doing talk radio for like fifteen years, ross you've been about what ten years, ten eleven, something like that, And I can't think of a crazier month. I can't think of more stuff back to back, just connected, and so much of it rage inducing. In the entire time that I've been doing talk radio where it just doesn't stop.
Speaker 12: It's been like thirteen or fourteen for me in talk and I don't I can't ever remember it being like it feel like like you know, people say we're in a simulation, Like the simulation is like, yeah, melting.
Speaker 1: Down even with arguably even with Trump, the Trump twenty sixteen election, I think probably would be next because of there's the sheer insanity of all of it, right, Him, Deminition and sixteen other candidates.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but that just that was like one topic, right, it was one. This is there's so many things compounding on top of each other. And like I said last week, you'll need to calm down. History needs to stop. History, just stop it. We're tired.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say I'm not having fun right now, because there are things that are fun, but I'm not having fun. I'll do my job and I'll and I will do a damn good job of it because we're professional. But like it used to be, there's some stuff and like the most joy I've had in a week was making acolyte jokes to poor Stephen. That brought me a little bit of joy. But it's a really serious thing, right because all of these very same Republicans who were horrified at the idea that the that that theater kid could be the arbiter of what is or isn't acceptable discourse online and remember how outrageous that was. Are literally going to sign up for something because I think they're gonna have they think they're going to have a modicum of control over it. But the reality is ninety nine point nine percent of the time when arbitrary and biased decisions are made over content, it goes against them. And and and they're willing, probably in mass, to vote for this and then go out and attack you know the uh, you know the Ran Pauls of the world who are going, well, this isn't good. Why are you such a why are you such a lunatic?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Mister Paul? Literally you want to talk about political violence, had himself beat into broken bones by a neighbor over people who can't just deal politically. These are absolute wild times. Man. I didn't even I didn't even I didn't even see a good kicker story to put in the stack yesterday. I almost I will go out of my way to find one, just just so there's there's a moment. Man. But you simultaneously you got Donald Trump doing his thing, Joe Biden out there talking about how oh this, I just thought that younger people need to take over. Do you know the backstory of what now? Again, take it for what it's worth, but there's there is a lot of articles New York Posts is primarily running this about, which would explain why brought Obama didn't come out and support Kamala Harris and and why all of a sudden he jumped on the George Clooney thing. Right, So, the theory is that Barack Obama was doing it because Barack Obama, like anybody else who was looking at the numbers, didn't think Joe Biden could win, and he's so puppet master behind the scenes that he thought if by doing it this way, Joe Biden would come out, Joe Biden would refuse to yield to Kamala Harris or endorse her, and that would allow the you know, the puppet masters, if you will, to get Mark Warner in who is the Arizona Senator, the astronaut that dude, is it Warner? Well, anyway, Kelly, Mark Kelly, excuse me, Mark Kelly in there, and by Biden coming out and immediately endorsing Harris instead of saying, let's leave it up to what happens at the up at the convention. It under minded uh Barack Obama and he's mad as hell. Now again, that's that's what the reporting is going on, right, and that it was Biden's last fu to Obama for manipulating all this stuff.
Speaker 2: That's some juicy stuff right there.
Speaker 12: And it makes sense, yeah, because Biden felt like he was because he was kind of sort of being stabbed in the back, right, Yeah, it was kneecap.
Speaker 1: Remember the they were threatening him with the twenty fifth Amendment is what they're forty knows.
Speaker 12: There was and I saw this before, were like, yeah, I was thinking it before, but like, oh, this isn't passing the torch. I'm like, this is like politically speaking, not physically, but it's like when Caesar passed the torch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on his knees from the wounds. Right, this is right.
Speaker 12: It wasn't peacefully. It wasn't like he wanted to.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy man, all right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bloomberg calling in there.
Speaker 1: I'll let you figure that out while I chat with raced Agic from the Weather channels standing by. Who will passed the torch to nobody unless he needs a day off exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I won't be passing any torch any time soon, at least that's the hope.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Feeling good about training camp, by the way, that going on, No, that's a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got your paternity suit settled, so you guys can focus on.
Speaker 15: Yeah, now you gott to focus on tens of millions of dollars that you're gonna have to dish out to whatever. I don't know when did a contract ever meet anything? I mean, I guess that's my point, you know, ceede lambs like sitting on.
Speaker 2: When you're a rookie.
Speaker 1: I guess. I mean that's really that's that rookie contract once they can get it signed. If you don't hold out. That seems to be the only time it kind of means something. But that's right, I mean issue right now.
Speaker 15: So yeah, no, he's under contract for one more year, so get your button camp. I'm sorry, should be yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, sorry bring up short topic.
Speaker 15: They've given the they've given the the inmates too many uh you know, the inmates running the asylum. They've given them too many.
Speaker 2: Too much flood.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah too much anyway, But let's see, yeah another day where if you're headed out, rain and actually some widespread rain showers right now, a little less as you go west of the line from about Greensbo to Spencer and Charlotte, but still another batch coming in out over the mountains. But you go from about a rocky mountain down toward to Edmondson and Raleigh, showers, even some embedded thundershowers. There's heavy rain to the east, So if you're rolling through town heading out toward the outer banks, it's going to be a damp morning and.
Speaker 2: A damp commute, and it is going to be a damp day.
Speaker 15: With a flood watch at times. Some of the rain could be heavy and call some flooding. Upper seventies, low eighties today, More showers, thutter showers tonight, especially early showers, stutter showers scattered around again tomorrow. Chanceo by the weekend and could get some sunback in here, especially eastern half of the state, so that could mean the beaches and from about the triangle east temperatures middle eighties to the west, there will be a chance of showers, the storms a little more on that forecast tomorrow. It's kind of iffy right now for the weekend, Casey, So everybody tuned back tomorrow at this time, and we can just a little bit more in the way of specifics on it.
Speaker 6: Do we do we have?
Speaker 15: I just saw the new drought monitor. Came this is breaking news. Oh we got a second. We could take a quick peek at the drought monitor.
Speaker 1: I iain my I could tell I could tell I go ahead, yeah, oh let's see.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well now and now I can't find it. Of course, there I go. So I should never have opened my mouth.
Speaker 1: But okay, well, how about tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Yes, let's do it tomorrow. I'm all right, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: There you go. We lied, but that's okay, we'll do it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you tomorrow, I got it.
Speaker 15: We'll do it later.
Speaker 1: Okay, by very good, Thank you, sir, appreciate it. All right, there you go, race agic who you know? Always leave him once more. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: All right. We'll check in with the Bloomberg folks next on he's taken away.
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 16: Yeah, we got a stronger than expected economy, Casey, u Sconomic growth accelerating more than forecast in the second quarter. Gross domestic product increasing two point eight percent. Annualized rate arose one point four percent in the previous periods.
Speaker 13: That's quite a jump. Personal spending rising.
Speaker 16: Of more than expected two point three percent, and the FEDS closely watched measure of underlying inflation that rose two point nine percent, easing from the first quarter, but still above forecast. Futures they're mixed right now. Dow higher by forty five points, S and P five hundred futures they're pretty much flat right now. WHOA and the Nasdaq, those futures just flipped to the positive. You remember yesterday it was an outrageously bad day for the Nasdaq.
Speaker 1: Ah, week's been insane. Oh weeks, everything's been insane. New cycle, Nasdaq, you named it. So nothing surprises me.
Speaker 13: That's true. And here's one weird thing, though.
Speaker 16: Amazon's popularity with millennials is actually slipping. I mean, you would think that this is the Amazon generation, right, I mean, they grew up on ordering this stuff. But factious that they do some research, they say those aged just about twenty eight forty three where the only demographic whose prime day spending dropped this year compared with the year earlier. It's not clear to me if this is an economic thing, maybe related to student loan repayments or something like that, or if it's a matter of millennials not liking what some millennials like to say. They like to call Amazon their corporate overlord, but they always end up ordering.
Speaker 2: From blame What is a wish dot com? And tu so.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, it could be. Are you planning on traveling anywhere this summer by plane?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love to travel. Why you get is this bad news for me? What's ticket the other day for something?
Speaker 13: Did you buy your ticket already?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 13: Yes, you get a good deal or.
Speaker 2: I use points?
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 16: Yeah, if you if you want to go on a second trip, you really should book now because there are deals all over the place and it is costing American airlines big time. They're cutting their earnings outlook as they lose profits to budget airfares. So you know, anytime the airlines are losing money, it's usually good for consumers.
Speaker 1: That's the airline book which so I did get screwed by using full points? Okay, thank you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: And I wanted to ask you, Casey, have you been over to the can opener yet where they got all those food trucks.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 13: Okay. So there's this new food truck park.
Speaker 16: It's located near that Low bridge, you know, the one that's known for ripping off the tops of trucks. Ninth Street Journal has a great story out today about all the one hundred and sixty Durham.
Speaker 1: That's the Durham one, right, yep, that's the okay, because there's two of them. There's p Street in Raleigh and then there's the one in Durham, which is really bad. So yeah, I haven't been open.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, so if you if you don't get it by one, you get right by.
Speaker 13: But I mean the one in Durham.
Speaker 16: They've got this new food park, food truck park rather right there, and they have these really good food trucks over there. Korean Barbecue Chicken and Q that's chopped barbecue chicken, Gussie's Greek Food which is amazing. I've had it, Queen Express and all and is ice cream. They're operating off of a double decker bus and it's all just a reminder of how much people love food trucks, especially of course in the summer, but you know fall in winter. Two and it's really just a huge business on a nationwide level as well. Okay, see, people just like that sort of beast spoke food homemades.
Speaker 1: They're very they're very hipster over in Durham too. They really embrace the food truck and the breweries. They love them well.
Speaker 16: I mean, they got the whole college thing going right, right, and you know a lot of people stick around in Durham after they graduate.
Speaker 13: I mean, who wouldn't you? Got the Triangle's great area.
Speaker 1: I'd live here.
Speaker 2: And you know some are better than others. But yeah, absolutely, Hey, can I ask you a quick question? Or do you got one more in your tack?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Go for it?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, total anonymity here. We the audience loves Jeff. Okay, Jeff, We all love Jeff. But Jeff is an enigma. And all right, so like in the years he's been doing this, we know very little about you, Jeff.
Speaker 2: We think he collects music.
Speaker 1: We know occasionally he's on vacation with a lady friend, but we know nothing else about Jeff. I need Jeff fact. I need a Jeff fun fact. I need something because he again he's very high. Is he a record mountain climber.
Speaker 16: I'll tell you two things about Jeff. You his girlfriend's name is Rita. She's beautiful, perfect, and he adores her. Okay, And the other thing about Jeff you might know this already, but he used to be a music DJ, so he used to do like top top of the charts stuff.
Speaker 1: But no facetattoo or anything.
Speaker 13: Yeah, not that I've seen.
Speaker 1: Come on, bet I bet he had one of those crazy seventies names, didn't he.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's possible, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you. So I can't really reveal that.
Speaker 1: We won't just one track.
Speaker 13: I gotta go do another hit now. So hopefully you.
Speaker 1: Know roughly the air you know what station he might have been on.
Speaker 13: I couldn't tell you that either. You have to try to squeeze that out of him again. Maybe I'll share that with you next time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, didn' you spell a Greenie? That's it's just so good. We're doing just like that Ross.
Speaker 2: That's a lead man