Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's lend it.
Speaker 2: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 5: So just thank you, give me all.
Speaker 6: Your attention, your fire, and not a piss.
Speaker 7: This is world champion, Dodger world championing for a small.
Speaker 2: Soft time they get up people.
Speaker 8: What they want to die to in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 2: One of a con.
Speaker 8: This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 7: Hell time go to the sun, grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show.
Speaker 6: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David.
Speaker 9: Vasse, Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse live at Peco Park in San Diego. After the Padres beat up the Dodgers tonight by a final score of eleven in a blowout victory for San Diego in game two of this three game series, after the Dodgers came to town and beat the Padres last night and ten innings eight to seven, they come back and they CounterPunch with eleven to one drubbing of the Dodgers tonight, and look coming into the game tonight, it was a pitching mismatch. Even with Dylan Cease not being the consistent Dylan Cees the Padres got last year.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers were.
Speaker 9: Going with a bullpen game with two journeymen and Lou Trevino and Matt Sour, and it just didn't work out. Matt Sour, unfortunately tonight, really was hung out to dry because the Dodgers when they saw this game get a little bit out of hand, they were down five nothing and then all of a sudden it turned into a nine to nothing game in the sixth inning. They did not want to go to any more of their relief pitchers in that bullpen, and Matt Sower had to throw one hundred and eleven pitches in four and two thirds innings. He gave up thirteen hits and nine earned runs. Just to put it all into context, this is nothing that we have seen in a long time. Matt Sower's one hundred and eleven pitches in relief tonight are the most by a Dodgers since the knuckleballer Tom Candiotti threw one hundred and eleven pitches at Shay Stadium in New York against the Mets on July eighteenth, nineteen ninety four, and the thirteen hits allowed in relief are the most by a Dodger pitcher since Clyde King allowed thirteen on August twelfth, nineteen forty five, against the Cubs. Rick Monday heard me talk about that during the Clubhouse Show. Our guy Dwayne McDonald found that, and then obviously Rick has seen a lot of baseball over the years and recognized Clyde King's name as a manager. He was the man of the Yankees in nineteen eighty two, and he also was the manager of the Braves when Hank Aaron broke Babe Bruce home run record against the Dodgers back in I think it was nineteen seventy four. That's right, Okay, So there you go. That's Clye King. And in case you're not familiar with the rule about bringing in a position player, the new rule that Major League Baseball implemented a couple of years ago to try to stop this from happening more often than it was is that any team that is down eight runs or more at any point in the game can bring a position player in and if you're up or down ten runs or more in the ninth inning, you can bring in a position player. So that's the reason why they were able to bring in keyk Hernandez after it turned into a nine tohing game in the sixth inning. And you really feel for Matt Soer, right, I feel like he was hung out to dry out there and obviously was out of bullets, did not have anything left, the tank was empty, whatever a cliche you want.
Speaker 8: To use, he just didn't have it.
Speaker 9: And that's when Dave Roberts decided, you know what, it's not going to look good. It's not a great reflection on any of us, but we're going to keyke Hernandez with two outs in the sixth inning. This is just a strategic, big picture, regular season move. And look, the Dodgers punted on two playoff games to preserve their pitching in their bullpen in last year's NLCS, So you're telling me, in a situation that they felt like they were in in game sixty eight of one hundred and sixty two, they weren't going to do something similar if they did it in the NLCS under thin pitching circumstances. They certainly weren't going to hesitate to do it on a game like tonight, and they still have a chance to win the series tomorrow, and obviously that means more than losing eleven to one and having Keik Hernandez come in and pitch. So those are some of the reasons. It wasn't a great look. It wasn't great for the fans that were listening that we're here or watching on television. But that's the reality of the situation for the Dodgers right now. No Roki Sazaki, no Tyler Glass Now, no Blake Snell, no Tony Gonsolin, and Bobby Miller was not an option because he gave up ten runs tonight for Oklahoma City and Albuquerque. So this was the only option the Dodgers had tonight. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. As we roll on to the top of the hour, we also have some information on Blake Snell and show hey Otani simulated game. You'll hear from Dodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor on Otani and you'll all so here from Blake Snell himself, who did throw a bullpen session today at pet Goo Park. But before we go to the phones, let's hear from Matt Sour who's in the clubhouse on sports at LA.
Speaker 10: I mean, every time I come and there's a you know, opener in front of me, I know, my job is to just beat as many as I can. And obviously today I didn't have my as good as stuff, but I felt like I was just out there, you know, pitching my ass off, trying to compete and trying to get as many innings as I could for the bullpen. Frustrated as that there seas just with the two out hits that kind of got strung together there. Yeah, No, I mean a lot of times just gotta be better with loking in the ball. I you know, to out walk there hurt big time. Can be walking guys with two outs, and then you know, after after the walking stuff hit the fan and you know I'll be able to compete a little better and get out of the anthing quicker.
Speaker 11: Sound like a local pride take out of still being able to just kind of eat up innings like you did know on kind of like what it could mean bigger picture for the team.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't necessarily like say a pride thing you know, I know my role is to eat up innings, and I feel like I got the frame and the repertoire to do that, and I'm gonna go out there and compete every time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Matt Sour has done that in previous times, we've seen him.
Speaker 8: This year, it just wasn't his night.
Speaker 9: And I don't believe anybody's putting this on Matt Sour's shoulders. It just wasn't the best of appearances for the Dodgers to go to a position player at that juncture of the game.
Speaker 8: And look, it was weird.
Speaker 9: You know, you kind of felt like it was coming though, because after the Padres got to the ninth spot, you're thinking, there's nobody as that inning's unfolding. You're not seeing any movement in the Dodger bullpen, and you're thinking, oh, all right, so they're just gonna leave Matt Sour out there, and if Kik doesn't come in in the sixth inning, he's coming in in the seventh inning.
Speaker 8: So what's the difference at that point? And I did get some text from.
Speaker 9: People around the league and they said, you know, they were frustrated as well seeing this unfold, and some were even saying, okay, you do that, but you're basically white waving the white flag. How about your hitters don't swing and just end this game as quickly as possible if you're waving the white flag to live another day, which hard to argue with. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Padres beat the Dodgers tonight, eleven to one. Danny in Claremont, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 8: Danny.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dave, thanks for getting me on, as always, my man, my pleasure.
Speaker 8: What do you got?
Speaker 11: I got, well, I got a strong disagree with you on your last Dave and how you said it's the hard to argue with going up there and just letting the guys take ditches and not swing the bat. I mean, I love you, Dave, I love this show. But come on, man, that's gotta be one of the most in name things I've ever heard.
Speaker 9: What are you talking about? The Dodgers waved the white flag in the sixth inning. Did you think they were going to come back?
Speaker 11: Of course not, Dave, But there's a there's a number of good reasons why you would never ever do that, and why You've never ever seen that happen in the history of baseball. There's a number of reasons why you wouldn't do that day.
Speaker 9: I haven't seen a position player pitch in the sixth inning too many times either, Danny not.
Speaker 11: I haven't seen that either, Dave. That was a new one for me too. That was that was a good one. But that doesn't that doesn't mean you can You're gonna send a player like Dalton Rushing or Kim Up or Conforto and tell them just to go look at three pitches and sit back down. You know, these guys are still playing every day and rhythm is such a big thing for them. You're gonna tell them to go up there and just take some strikeouts. I mean, that's not how it goes. You can't take off your competitive naybe.
Speaker 9: Should the game after seven innings? Maybe they should end also the game after seven innings?
Speaker 11: Well, that's another in an idea I've heard before. I don't like that one either, But that's.
Speaker 4: Better than what you're suggesting, Dave.
Speaker 11: And also, you know there's a game tomorrow, right, I mean, what if those guys put together a three or four one rally there? They're not going to win this game. But if they get another Padres picture in or two pictures in, you know, it's another picture down tomorrow. They're not going to see tomorrow. So there's reasons I didn't have.
Speaker 9: A I don't have as big of a problem with what we saw on the sixth inning, Danny. We saw the Dodgers basically say we're going to live another day in playoff games.
Speaker 8: So that was my point.
Speaker 9: If you were listening and not hearing and just harping on one part of what I said, The bigger picture here is the Dodgers did something similar to this in the postseason last year twice against the Mets, to live another day and to win four games before they did and not just worry about one game. So this is game sixty eight. They're trying to win the series tomorrow, and that's the way they played it tonight, And considering where they're at with their pitchers, it's that's hard to argue with too. But I don't believe you're redlining anybody if you bring him in for an inning apiece like Jose Motas suggested. I don't think you're red lining anybody outside of Michael Kopek, who just came back from not pitching all season long.
Speaker 11: I think you misunderstand me, Dale. I'm not talking about the Dodgers. I'm talking about the Dodgers getting more padres pitchers in the game. You're saying you're telling them to go up there and take pitches and not have competitive at bats. I'm saying, if they put together some competitive the bats and they score years, they're going to.
Speaker 8: Bring relievers the game. They did that last morrow. They did that last night. They did that last night.
Speaker 11: And also, you know, I know you probably don't remember.
Speaker 8: Think the Dodger players.
Speaker 9: You don't think the Dodger players feel the vibe of what's taking place in that game. Taoscar Hernandez is out of the game, Mookie Betts is out of the game. You really thought the Dodgers were going to come back and make this a game tonight.
Speaker 11: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Also, with a position player on the mountain, you're all right, we're around in circles. Danny will agree to disagree tonight. Thank you for the phone call. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I mean, geez, let's go out to San diego, Ray, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: How you doing? Ray?
Speaker 1: Hey, David, thanks for taking my call. Longtime listening, first time called her a couple of things. I think Pot has earned the clean up spot. Bring down Tail until he fixes things.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you brought up I'm glad you brought up Tail. Can I just interrupt you really quick? That third inning, ta Oscar Hernandez was running back and forth on so many hits from the Padres in that third inning. And I'm not saying this is the reason why he may be hurt, but I believe he came into this game not feeling great. Remember the groin injury that kept him out. He came back quicker than most guys, and over the course of his last twenty games, coming into tonight, he was just twelve for his last seven three with one home run, and he wasn't you remember he had to take a time out in his last at bat tonight to Ray. So I would say, give ta Oscar Hernandez a break. I don't believe he's playing at one hundred percent, and I would be surprised if you saw him in the starting lineup tomorrow in a day game after a night game after what we saw.
Speaker 4: No, I get that.
Speaker 1: I get it, and I'm not like, you know, like pointing fingers saying Tail, You're like you're being terrible, Like no, No.
Speaker 4: I get it, Like he's got to be eased in.
Speaker 8: But he hasn't been good, but there might be a reason why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely thinks maybe earned a spot to move up a little bit on the lineup wild Tail either recovers or maybe takes a couple of days off here and there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The next thing I want to say was comfort o, Like whatever they paid this guy, Like, I'm so over he's taking swings away from Kim possibly maybe guys that we could maybe bring up to give some like you know, you know, big show swings or something, because I don't even know what the guy's uh how many times he's struck out?
Speaker 4: How many times is that runners on day? I'm over it. I'm overseeing this guy swinging. I get it. You might have something there that that the number see, but you know you can't the high test. He's failed it every single time practically. Yeah, he got to run today great in a in a losing contest that we already saw was gonna be No.
Speaker 12: You're not going to celebrate that, Ray, No, absolutely not absolutely. Like maybe, by the way, I agree with you.
Speaker 9: I agree with you dropping Taoe down in the order if he's going to continue to go out there every day. But I would say Will Smith should be the guy hitting behind the MVPs, not Andy Piez in the cleanup spot.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know what, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: I'm basically I'm going off with tonight's.
Speaker 5: Lineup, but absolutely, absolutely either way.
Speaker 4: I still think Piez should be hitting in front of tail.
Speaker 13: But yes, and the last thing, the last thing here, David, I read something funny. I read something funny or kind of interesting about ever since the Dodgers going to Drive Line, the injuries shot through the roof.
Speaker 2: I think they were.
Speaker 1: Ranked like low twenties and now they're like top five or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw that.
Speaker 8: I saw it. Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 9: They're trying to pin it on Rob Hill, who the Dodgers hired away from Drive Line a few years ago. Well, I saw Carlos Bierga post it. Ray, I don't I don't know if that's a coincidence. I don't know if there's a direct correlation, But you know, that I don't have the proof, and neither does anybody else.
Speaker 8: I mean, those are just the numbers.
Speaker 9: So the Dodgers are not the only organization to hire guys out of that drive line think tank.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I saw it. I saw it.
Speaker 1: I think it's I just think it's just like something is going on, and yeah, the guys.
Speaker 9: Are chasing velocity too much. They got to put down, you know what they gotta do. They've got to be able once they break spring training to understand how to use those heavy balls. Those weighted balls I think are really hurting these guys. Not because the way I feel like the way they're using the weighted balls are hurting them. Maybe they're abusing or the way they throw them. But in spring training there's a lot more monitoring over that. So when these pitchers go off to double A or triple A, there's got to be more monitoring of the way they use it.
Speaker 8: Hey, Ray, I got to move on. Thanks a lot for the phone call.
Speaker 9: Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number speaking of injured pitchers for the Dodgers show, Hey Otani through a simulated game today, you'll hear from Mark Pryor.
Speaker 8: I was here to watch it. I'll share that with you, and.
Speaker 9: Also Blake Snell through a bullpen session today. I'll share with you what Blake had to say after the bullpen session. But things are looking very good for him and Tyler Glass, so we'll get to that after this, and also we'll take more of your phone calls. At eight sixty six nine, eight seven two five seventy. Dodgers fall to the Padres tonight eleven to one. And by the way, I guess I should say this before we do take that break.
Speaker 8: You can roll a call and keep rolling it.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to point out again tai Oscar Hernandez, you don't all of a sudden be one of the best hitters in the National League and then fall off a.
Speaker 8: Cliff for no reason, including tonight.
Speaker 9: Oscar Hernandez in his last twenty games, hitting a bucks seventy one with twenty six strikeouts and only four walks, and more importantly, only one home run. There is something going on physically with Taioscar Hernandez.
Speaker 8: I am sure about it.
Speaker 9: I don't know exactly what it is, but he just has not looked like himself, and I think it was evident tonight where he was grimacing at the plate, kind of moving his right legs.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Maybe that groin injury has re emerged here, So hopefully he gets it back where it needs to be for him to be the ta Oscar Hernandez that we saw at the beginning of this year. Dodgers fall to the Padres tonight eleven to one on the world champion Dodgers Audio network AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com and on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 9: No highlight, not too many tonight as the Padres put it on the Dodgers eleven to one in Game two of this three game series at Peco Park. David Vasse live in San Diego until eleven o'clock. Right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Daniel Stewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to AM five seventy LA sports dot Com. Used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 8: Daniels Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 9: Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll get to your phone calls in a moment, but I want you to hear from Mark Pryor because I got here around one o'clock one thirty and show he Otani emerged from the Dodger dugout in his betting practice uniform to go out to the bullpen and warm up for his simulated game. And this is the most we have seen Otani throw in these simulated games. He simulated three innings. He threw forty four pitches. He threw his whole array of pitches. His uh I actually spoke to one of the minor leaguers that faced him. He said, the best pitch he saw from Otani was his sweeper.
Speaker 8: So he used the sweeper.
Speaker 9: He he was the splitter, and he threw the fastball as high as ninety six miles an hour. And after he was done with it, he went to go visit with my guy, you Darvish. We had a little fun me and O'tani. After that we were debating whose guy you Darvish is, And I said Darvish is my guy, and O'tani came back and said, no, Darvish is my guy. I said, all right, all right, all right, you want to believe that, go ahead. But anyway, he was in great spirits after the simulated game, which tells you he felt good about the way the ball was coming out of his hand. And Mark Pryor, the Dodgers pitching coach, also felt good about what he saw today from show.
Speaker 8: Hey Otani, he.
Speaker 14: Started getting close to forty four, He start getting into the sixties seventy pitch range. You know, then you can start, you know, envisioning and dreaming about, you know, being in a game, because then you know that he has the volume under him to go out there and at least take down multiple innings in a real game. And again, I think that a lot of it coincides what does that look like?
Speaker 8: Is that real?
Speaker 14: And what are kind of where we are with.
Speaker 10: The rest of our staff as a whole.
Speaker 15: Has there been any the discussion about deviating from that plan of having him patronate game after the All Star break, considering how many injuries do you have in your rotation?
Speaker 14: Now, I'll be honest, I haven't heard about that plan. So I can't answer to that one. Like I said, you know, for me, it's evaluating what he does today and then evaluating how he feels where he's at. And again we go like day by day with him, you know, for me, you know, because things change all the time. I mean, like I said, Friday, he was gonna throw, and then there's weather, and then we got day games, and you know, it's Fouling getting hit in the heel, and so there's a lot of variables that change on a daily basis with him that we don't you know, normally come across at pitchers. So right now, I thought, again, today was a great day for him, and I think, you know, we'll take the next step forward here in the coming days.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the next step forward will be another simulated game in a week, whether it's this Saturday at Dodger Stadium or maybe a couple of days after because of the schedule being pushed back with the weather in Saint Louis and the day games in Saint Louis. But you heard me ask Mark Pryor if they have thought about maybe having Otani start pitching in games before the All Star break, considering where the Dodger pitching staff is with all the injuries, and Dave Roberts spoke after Mark Pryor and he maintained what he told us a couple of weeks ago that you will not see Otani pitch in a game before the All Star break. If you remember, Dave Roberts told us exclusively a couple of weeks ago that Otani is going to start in games after the All Star break. So now potentially you're looking at an Otani glass. Now Snell return right out of the All Star and you're here, and we'll get to blake'snell a little bit later in the show, but we want to get to the phone calls at eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy. Let's go back out to Palmdale.
Speaker 4: Darryl.
Speaker 8: You're on Dodger Talk live from Peco Park. Hi, Darryl.
Speaker 5: All right, Dave, thanks to taking my call.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I gotta give it up to you, brother. You are the pulse of the Dodgers. I mean, you can really keep us informing what's going on. And as far as games, Darryl, Okay, as for as games like this, you know, you win something, you lose something, they're gonna come. You can't do anything about it. You just gotta play it like it is. And and I have to crawl here on something I said about Bookie Betts. This guy is a student of the game.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was.
Speaker 5: Went over wherever the ball is hit. He always positioned himself to be there. He made a place tonight that he wasn't supposed to make. So guy's doing okay, you know he's he's doing okay a short.
Speaker 8: He's doing more than okay at shortstop this year, Darryl.
Speaker 9: And you're talking about the play he made on Luisa Rise in the first inning where he dove up the middle, made the stop and made a strike through a strike to Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 8: So you're right.
Speaker 9: And you can catch Mookie Betts on our pregame show yesterday on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks for the phone call, appreciate it. Let's go out to Norwalk. Jose You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 8: Jose Hi, David, are you doing I'm doing great? You being safe out there, jose.
Speaker 3: Hey, safe as could be. You know how Ali is tonight. But I got a question for you. I mean, I know we're playing against the Padres, one of our toughest teams in the nl West throwing a game like this and giving them a chance to win the seers tomorrow. What kind of message are you saying against everybody else?
Speaker 9: Well, that's a glass half empty type of look at it, Jose. I'm looking at it similar to the way the Dodgers looked at it last year during the NLCS. Different circumstances, obvious. The regular season is a much different animal than a short series. But the Dodgers are looking to win the series tomorrow by not using their high leverage relievers tonight, and it will be all hands on deck tomorrow because of the day off on Thursday. So they chose they wanted to win this series, but they felt like once they got down five to nothing then six and seven, they'd figure they'd live another day and throw everything they got at the padres tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And is that based just on the bullpen, because I think we have a lineup that could have overcome the five oh deficit in four or five innings.
Speaker 9: But you're right, that's kind of the catch twenty two. With this offense, you're never out of a game. But that was the decision Dave Roberts went with when they were down five to nothing. It didn't seem like the Dodgers were going to do much of anything against Dylan Cees who by the way, Oh by the way, Dylan, see seven scoreless innings tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, if you look at it that way, I totally understand. But I don't like giving up a game in the fourth or fifth inning with the lineup that we have.
Speaker 9: But I agree, Well, they didn't give up with that, all right, Jose. They didn't give up in the fourth or fifth inning. They waved the white flag in the sixth inning. That's a big difference. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. All right, he's been on hold. Uh he called after a Dodger win last night, So we'll give him a free pass tonight, Ken in Newport Beach. I know you're not happy, so UH go ahead and vent. We're here for you.
Speaker 2: Okay. First off, I have all the respect in the world for.
Speaker 4: You, Dave.
Speaker 2: I wish I had your job. I don't care how much money I made doing other things. I wish I had your job. But here's the problem. Sixty seven years I've been a Dodger major fan, never saw Walt Wilson quit on a team and let a picture stay for nine and eighth. No way Losorta would do that under any circumstances. Because what you just did, and I watched the faces of Freemen and Mookie, you embarrassed the players, You humiliated the franchise, and every fan like me out there who's a big fan and is worried about San Diego and who's going to finish first, just completely kicked off about what was going on there. There was no reason to do it that way.
Speaker 9: Ken, Let's take a deep breath. Number One, they did not embarrass the franchise tonight. They just months removed from winning the World Series, so they did not embarrass the franchise. Number two, do you really you're talking about Walter Alston and Tommy Lesorta? I mean that is another that's another universe these days. Ken, Do you really believe Dave Roberts made that decision all by himself. No, there's a pregame plan put in place with Mark Pryor, with his bench coach Danny Lehman, and obviously the front office is heavily involved. Don't you believe that decision and roadmap was made before the game. You heard Dave Roberts. He didn't sound like he loved doing that either.
Speaker 2: Okay, go back and take it a chance. Go back and watch the game on TV. Three times he was laughing in the dugout, smiling and laughing. Sure, we know he lives in San Diego and he's lived there for thirty years. But that's not the kind of thing that you want to show the fans, and not the kind of thing you want to do with your players, who right now are probably pretty angry when you left the pitcher in for nine runs. You don't know what the Dodgers could have done. They maybe could have come back or at least scored some runs. I think they quit. I think when they're manager quit on them. They quit on the game.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, thank you for the phone call, Ken, I appreciate it, and we'll see how things go tomorrow. If the Dodgers win the series, then I feel like tonight will not sting as much as it obviously has with you and a few others.
Speaker 8: And look, I respect that.
Speaker 9: I understand it wasn't great for fans listening or watching or.
Speaker 8: Being here at Petco Park.
Speaker 9: I completely understand that eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 8: All right, I want you to hear from Blake Snell.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: He's part of the reason why the Dodgers were in this predicament with his injury. Nothing he can't control, but certainly him, Glass now and Sazaki being on the shelf have complicated matters. And here's what Blake had to say after his twenty somethingter pitch bullpen session today.
Speaker 16: It's just like a conversation, you know, like, let's see how tomorrow go. Let's see tomorrow goes. Like that's a lot of it, but they're like listening, Like to have a bullpen here in front of Mark and Connor, For me personally, that was huge. I want to I want to throw around them because I know they know what to look for, and uh yeah, it's gonna help me a ton.
Speaker 8: Where's your head out?
Speaker 15: You feel like as you've gotten healthier and more pain free, your head's in a better spot.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, because there's you know I could do something early on, I just I knew I couldn't do anything. And and then you know you have to hear like, well, when are you gonna pitch every day?
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 16: It's exhausting, and you're like, I have no idea, And it's the fans, it's your family. I mean, my dad text me every day.
Speaker 8: You're gonna pitch.
Speaker 16: You're gonna pitch, Like you know, I'm trying.
Speaker 8: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 16: But yeah, like it's just you know what, what what you go through. But I'm very excited, Like after this pen, I know, like the grampup's gonna start and I can start pitching, and I know like I'm gonna be a factor on the team again, and I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 9: All Right, there's Blake Snell, who threw his first bullpen session since going on the injured list, and he's gonna throw another one Friday at Dodgers Stadium. But the Dodgers are being extra cautious with him and Tyler Glass now. When they activate both those guys, they don't want them going back on the injured list. So as much as Blake wants to pitch before the All Star Break, my prediction is you won't see Blake Snell pitching an All Star pitch in a game until right after the All Star Break, not a couple of weeks after I'm predicting that Snell, glass Now, and Otani will be pitching in that first series against the Brewers right out of the All Star break. Especially Snell, because he's pain free. He wants to ramp this thing up. But the Dodgers obviously want him, glass Now and Otani and to a certain extent, Sazaka if he's able to come back and be strong the final two and a half months of the regular season and be ready for the postseason.
Speaker 8: So I just that's my prediction.
Speaker 9: I don't know anything more than you, but just the sense I'm getting feels like that first game right out of the All Star Break at home against the Brewers would be the game that Blake Snell would pitch in for the first time since going on the injured list, and glass Now I would predict in the same area of time.
Speaker 8: All Right, that'll do it for us.
Speaker 9: On Dodger Talk tonight, coming up tomorrow, Justin Robleski is on the mound for the Dodgers, going up against Randy Vasquez Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at noon, first pitch at one ten Thanks to Colinie back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Peggo Park in San Diego, and thanks to you for listening in case you missed any of the show.
Speaker 8: If you really want to go through it.
Speaker 9: Again, the iHeartRadio app is where you can find it. But unless painful listen is our pregame conversation with Will Smith, so you can find all of that in yesterday's conversation with Mookie Betts as well. Once again, the final score from Peco Park in San Diego. The Padres blow out the Dodgers eleven to one.
Speaker 8: Have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 9: We'll talk to you tomorrow afternoon from Peco Park in San Diego.
Speaker 8: Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio is next. La. Please be safe, Please be safe, Have a great rest of your night. See you