Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be hotter in Hell today.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for you to actually find out whether that's a true statement or not, but whether it's really hotter than Hell or not. Oh yeah, one day you'll go, you'll look back and you'll go, you know, it really wasn't that hot.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, and this.
Speaker 4: Is I can't find Good morning everybody. It's Tuesday, June seventeen, and we started to show great interview with interview in Colonel Hague, Astronaut Extraordinaire. And he's gonna be coming in at seven o'clock and we're gonna spend a couple of segments here and Amy excellent interview.
Speaker 2: Mine's gonna be a little bit different. Careful, I mean careful.
Speaker 5: I should have prepared them for what's going to happen.
Speaker 6: I think she meant careful like we all do.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 7: He's fine, you know, he'll do okay, he he will do spectacular. We've talked to Colonel Haig several times over the past year, including when he was on the Space station okay. I mean, he's just such a pleasure to talk to, so much information and you can tell that he's.
Speaker 5: You know, he's giddy about what he does.
Speaker 2: It's amazing because.
Speaker 4: You interviewed him on the space because I can't hear your interviews five o'clock ause I'm preparing the show. So when he's on a space spationace space station and he's floating around, does he ever say.
Speaker 7: Whoa No, But he was doing flips and stuff and people were floating underneath him.
Speaker 5: It's actually it's up on the.
Speaker 7: KFI website on the wake Up Call CAFI am six sporting dot com and go to the wake Up Call page and you can see the whole interview with him and he's literally floating and we're just having a conversation.
Speaker 5: It was it was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So you know, I had a couple of instances of floating also, I mean I paid for it and it was pretty heavy drugs at the time.
Speaker 6: His fourteen year old son is here too.
Speaker 4: By the way, who I met Asher, who is a terrific guy.
Speaker 6: Bey focus on.
Speaker 4: Astronaut Yeah, space travel. Yeah, okay, we'll do that, and that's coming up at seven o'clock. That should be fine. And in the meantime, just a hello to everybody. Neil, good morning, good morning, Willie Wolfs okay, Kno, there you are, Bill, oh oh, Amy, there you are. Hi?
Speaker 2: Where's will Is he running around? I don't see him on the monitor?
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Well I don't have that monitor.
Speaker 2: You know, we got to get you to have that monitor.
Speaker 4: I have the if you're in Orange County you can see me, which is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Actually down in the studio today and so yeah, so I can't see you, all right, good morning. And then Anne is coming in and we have bagels by Bagels, and I was just telling the colonel, do you know how high up the food chain he is? And I pointed to this whole panoply of bagels, and I said, the station paid for these. That's how high you are in the food chain. So all right, We've got a lot going on today, as you would think.
Speaker 2: And quick color was I going to say? That was something I was going to share. Trying to remember what it was.
Speaker 4: It was the fact that I'm losing my memory and I'm hitting on set early onset Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: No, no, I.
Speaker 6: Forgot if you asked me three times during I know.
Speaker 2: I did what are you going to do today?
Speaker 4: And he told me, and then I asked him again, maybe a minute and a half later, so what are you going to do today? And we decided that that is not Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: No, it's yeah, that's just that's just not paying.
Speaker 6: Attention, asking me while you're looking at the menu. Yeah, and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, true, Okay, let's do it, guys.
Speaker 4: It's time for handle on the news on this Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: Taco Tuesday. I had tacos last night, which was kind of interesting.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, did you get arrested tacos Monday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was tacos Monday. Wow, Maria made tacos.
Speaker 6: Oh so it was Maria Monday.
Speaker 4: And yeah day Yeah, all right, guys. Lead story. L A curfew has been not lifted, but extended or reduced. Instead of six to six, it's now ten pm to what is it eight am?
Speaker 2: Do I have that right?
Speaker 5: Yes? No, ten pm to six am.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which yea.
Speaker 3: Some of the places that you know around the restaurants and stuff are suffering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but protests continued on.
Speaker 4: I mean yesterday, I was on the freeway yesterday heading north on the five Freeway coming here to the station, and it was I saw forty must have been at least forty cop cars going down the shoulder of the freeway southbound. I was going northbound and the flashy lights and their sirens going over forty of these and it was, you know, to take care of the demonstration slash riots because a few of the people that a few of protesters were rioters.
Speaker 2: But for the most part, it's gone on.
Speaker 4: It's done a pretty good job, except for the President describing this as an open rebellion against the United States, trying to overthrow the US government.
Speaker 2: That's what the protesters were about.
Speaker 3: I went to reach for an onion bagel this morning. U said it was an open rebellion against you and the show. That's correct, okay, Amy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, First they wanted us to mask up, and now they're saying take them off.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're with us.
Speaker 7: Two California lawmakers have proposed a new state law that would ban members of law enforcement from concealing their faces while on the job. You may have seen that when ICE agents are out doing the raids, a lot of times their faces are covered. The Department of Homeland Security, which oversees. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement called the proposal by the lawmakers despicable, saying it poses a threat to law enforcement officers by identifying them and subjecting them to retaliation. And on the side of the lawmakers who proposed it, they said, we're at risk of effectively having secret police. They're disguising themselves or covering up their faces.
Speaker 4: Two sides to that coin covering up your face so it can't be recognized is to many people is very legitimate because today if a cop comes around and there you are a protester or a rioter, and you snap a picture of the cop and you see his face, you get hold of some kind of face recognition software, and now you know who he is, and now you have his address, and now you know he's where he lives. And that's the real fear. On the other side is does it lead to a police department, a police state where you know you have these guys hidden up, as Amy said, and that's it's.
Speaker 2: Either way, it's a win, either way, it's a lose.
Speaker 6: Yeah. To me, it's it's it's simple, it's law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants that job as it is now, And yeah, it's very easy to dock someone than it was back in the day. Oh, you gotta love the Senate Finance Committee Chair Mike Crappo, who is full of that.
Speaker 6: Must have been fun when you're a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He unveiled a long list of changes.
Speaker 3: To how the GOP GOP's Big Beautiful Bill would execute a major tax revamp and medicaid cuts. So those obviously are very thorny issues there. The changes could potentially delay the legislation and lawmakers that are now trying to rush to President Donald Trump's desk by their July fourth recess.
Speaker 2: Big changes.
Speaker 4: It's going to be the smaller, much homelier bill because it's going to longer the big, the big beautiful bill, and so.
Speaker 6: Moderately sized, average homely.
Speaker 4: Yeah bill they're going to There is changes, but it doesn't matter because it'll still be touted as a big, beautiful bill and exactly as the President wanted.
Speaker 2: And it's not. But we knew the Senate was going to make a lot of changes there. Get out.
Speaker 7: That's the ominous warning from President Trump. He urged everyone to immediately evacuate Tehran. He posted on social media, Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. I said it over and over again. Everyone should immediately evacuate Tehran.
Speaker 2: Really interesting.
Speaker 4: He gives Tehran sixty days to cut a deal with the United States as the major negotiating partner outside of Israel. Day sixty one, the Israelis come in and launch the attack. And we're being it's being reported that it's willing to talk.
Speaker 6: Oh what do you mean, it's willing to.
Speaker 4: In Tehran, as in Iran is willing to talk. And the President is baking, go, I sneezing.
Speaker 6: And are you allergic to handsome?
Speaker 4: I can move yeah, And the President is saying, no, you had your chance.
Speaker 2: You had your chance. I told you. And in the meantime, Israel has complete air superiority.
Speaker 4: The planes are flying at Will's three in a row.
Speaker 2: Oh good god.
Speaker 4: So Israel can attack anything in Iran, and it's going after military targets for the most part, and Iran is launching against a lot of civilian targets.
Speaker 2: You know, you saw those buildings.
Speaker 4: So and he's telling everybody, uh, the president a run to evacuate. Where does that city evacuate too? And I don't he sort of left that one.
Speaker 3: Out, but you put it not only on his personal account, social media account, but the White House one too, like, hey.
Speaker 4: You should have taken my deal. Yeah, pretty much. And by the way, they should have taken his deal. He's not wrong, all right.
Speaker 3: Federal judge ruled just yesterday that it was illegal for Trump and the Trump administration to cancel several hundred research grants and says that the cuts raised serious questions about racial discrimination because this, of course the grants deemed to focus on gender identity or diversity or equity and inclusion, that type of thing.
Speaker 6: And this was a Reagan appointed judge. Oh, he's had a few.
Speaker 4: I mean, the president is getting knocked around by virtually every judge out there, conservative, ultra conservative, certainly liberal judges. At seven point fifty, I'm going to dive into this a little bit more, and well, I'll share with you just some of the wonkiness and not really wonky either.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you what the judge said, because's kind of interesting.
Speaker 7: Stuff, breaking with one hundred years of tradition, actually more than one hundred years. The NAACP has announced that they will not be inviting President Trump to its national convention next month in Charlotte, North Carolina. That's the first time that the civil rights organization has opted to exclude a sitting president in its one hundred and sixteen year history. NAACP president Derek Johnson said this has nothing to do with the political party. He said, our mission is to advance civil rights, and the current president has made clear that his mission is to eliminate civil rights.
Speaker 4: I always thought he'd liked college football, but I guess not. That's the NCAA, nca and WACP. It's all the same.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: And you know what's interesting is that you had what is two thousand and six. You had George w just after Hurricane Katrina in two thousand and five where you know what was it? The famous quote was letting me cake. No, he said that George W. Bush doesn't like black people, right, and even he spoke that was Kanye? Was that Kanye? All right?
Speaker 2: We knew one more and then take a break.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: The jury, speaking of the famous rappers Sean Diddy Combe sex trafficking trial, got a glimpse Monday of some of that freak off sex marathon in the you know, the core of this case.
Speaker 6: So the prosecutors showed excerpts.
Speaker 3: That's got to be one wild Night of explicit videos that the hip hop Mogul recorded during these supposedly drug fueled sessions, and say they watched one from twenty twelve October twenty twelve. That's the same day prosecutors say Combs had that freak off in New York City with Cassie and a sex worker known as the Punisher.
Speaker 6: Yikes.
Speaker 4: I understand a couple of those Azurs were red face and breeding hard as the video was being shown.
Speaker 6: Well, all right, good thing.
Speaker 7: I went to Paris in May because the Louver, the world's most visited museum, was brought to a halt by its own staff, which went out on strike. They say the institution is crumbling under the weight of mass tourism.
Speaker 5: I was one of those tourists. Thousands of people were in line waiting to get in.
Speaker 7: They had their tickets, they were corralled into lines and just kind of left there outside that really cool pyramid that's outside in front of the loop and they were just stuck there because this workers went on strike.
Speaker 2: How crowded was it?
Speaker 5: It was? It was crazy crowded.
Speaker 7: I mean like thousands of people out in the courtyard before you go in, and then we did go in to see the Mona Lisa. It's in a separate room, and there were hundreds and hundreds of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, it's completely crazy. It's nuts. It's so kryt. We went last year and we just left, just left because it was way too crowded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never been inside. It was crowded when my wife and I were in Paris.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I just although there were a couple of Americans in front of us who were named Lisa, strangely enough, and were moaning about the line. How crowded. Yeah, the line was, and they smiled sort of like and a half. Yeah, And it's the same thing over except Saint Peter's Basilica is so big.
Speaker 2: It's not it doesn't seem as crowded.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the protection they have of these pieces of art, you know, they you can't get near the Piata.
Speaker 2: Remember that hunk.
Speaker 4: Crazy Huarion who took a hammer and went up to the Pieta and destroyed a couple of Mary's toes and they had to well, you think I'm gonna joke.
Speaker 2: Now you think I'm going to make a joke.
Speaker 6: I think you're gonna try, all right.
Speaker 4: As the Hungarian was being dragged off. He was screaming, Pieta, Pieta. I thought it said pinata.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh that's better than.
Speaker 4: Let's just move on. I thought, yeah, you've heard that before. I think it's funny.
Speaker 3: No, no, we get that. You think your jokes are funny. I know that's not the concern. Yeah, it's the breast to the people trying to listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Coalition of press rights organizations seeking a court order to stop continuing abuse of journalists by the LAPD during protests over President Trump's immigration crackdown. So, the recent suit filed in the Central District of California describes journalists being shot with less lethal police rounds, tear gas, and detained without cause.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're streaming about less than lethal weapons, no real weapons. They use these foam bullets that really do hurt. And now some of these groups are asking the state to pass a law saying only nerf guns are.
Speaker 6: Continued to distract.
Speaker 3: So there's they don't want masks on law enforcement if needed, they don't, are they?
Speaker 6: How about just no guns, no cops.
Speaker 4: Oh, A lot of them would argue only yeah, actually, just shields to protect the cops because Otherwise, if a cop starts attacking someone a protester, you know, so what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he has shields and they couldn't.
Speaker 4: They can't make sure that the protesters are safe and they can protest safely even though they're throwing rocks at the cops and bottles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you throw a rock at me, that's a deadly weapon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would shoot those people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't understand that it's.
Speaker 7: A killer ketamine plea. One of the doctors accused of providing ketamine to actor Matthew Perry, has agreed to plead guilty to four counts of distribution of ketamine. Doctor Salvador Placentia of Santa Monica is one of the five people charged in relation to Perry's death. Prosecutors say an underground network of drug sellers and suppliers were responsible for distributing the ketamine that killed Perry. Remember he died at his home in Pacific Palisades last October.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and Neil, you and I, uh know, we have a mutual friend who is a patient of doctor Placentia and and loves him. Well, he's been family doctor for years. Is just crazy about him. So they can visit him in prison.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, they're gonna have to get another doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he is u A what does he do.
Speaker 4: He's a doctor who specializes in high end pregnancies, particularly.
Speaker 6: You mean high end dangerous.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, you know when high risk high risk I'm sorry, not high end high risk pregnancy.
Speaker 6: It's a high end.
Speaker 2: It's like it's going to be a Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's one of the few doctors that is known for dealing with a placentia after the baby is born.
Speaker 6: Okay the town.
Speaker 2: Yeah did that work out? By the way, Sure that was fairly stupid, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Any You you need sleep?
Speaker 4: I do second night without ambien and last night was another rough night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ad diction's gotta suck, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: TikTok is once again on the verge of being banned in the United States. Parent company Bike Dance, as we've all heard, has until June nineteenth. Man, they're knocking on the door here was said a couple of days to reach a deal to either sell off the short form video app or shut it down. That would leave one hundred and seventy million people with not much to do.
Speaker 6: Big problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the President has held off twice on this in terms of mandating the sale. If the sale is not finished by the time the president has given a drop dead date, then it just stops working in the United States, and it did for a very short period of time in the.
Speaker 6: But if it's that dangerous, why are we putting it off?
Speaker 4: Well, it's because a lot of people saying it's not that dangerous. There of course claiming, oh no, there's a firewall, Kinese firewall between the company and the government. They're changing their name instead of Bite Dans is going to be bite me? Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it the great Firewall? Yes? No, finger's crossed.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: Could Pizza have tipped off Tehran before Israel launched its top secret attack on Iran? A viral social media account that tracks pizza shop activity around the Pentagon predicted that something was up. As of six fifty nine pm on the day of the attack, nearly all the pizza places near the Pentagon had.
Speaker 5: Experienced a huge surge in.
Speaker 7: Activity, and then a follow up tweet was posted saying these locations had a significant drop in activity about ten minutes later.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that tell you something?
Speaker 4: Because you have these Pentagon employees are working all night of course because of the eminent attack and during the attack just monitoring it and an enormous amount of pizza was ordered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this makes sense, doesn't it. It's fascinating as hell. But like, are they delivering it to the Pentagon or are people going in and eating?
Speaker 2: I think they deliver it to the Pentagon.
Speaker 4: And if someone meets them at the front door and says thank you, I mean I don't think the delivery person is allowed in the Pentagon. And then just one of the aids just brings the pizza.
Speaker 6: And then says this pizza is the bomb wink quin. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: Side note, pizza deliveries to the Pentagon surge right before the US invasion of Panama in nine eighty nine and also right before Operation Desert Storm in ninety one.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be typhood decks time they're going to try and throw us off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, there is gonna be an order of Pentagon order saying only certain number of pizzas can be ordered, only a certain number.
Speaker 6: There'll be a quota shuffle the deck, will you guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you think about it, is pretty fascinating.
Speaker 4: And when you think about this, it is totally shitn't it.
Speaker 2: It is a good piece of intelligence, all right.
Speaker 3: On the same day the Los Angeles Dodgers Superstar show, Heytani is making his return to the pitching mound. His former interpreter reported to federal prison what is it, Epe?
Speaker 6: So he's in.
Speaker 3: Custody now in Federal correctional institution, and hey.
Speaker 2: You got five years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot, seventeen million dollars this guy stole and originally Show high show was defending it.
Speaker 3: Remember well, if you knew someone that long and they screwed you out of money, you get upset and you were close to them.
Speaker 2: You still get.
Speaker 3: Upset and they screwed you out of money. Yeah, you still get upset. And you're really close to that. You get upset, but they screwed you out. You get upset, like a family, you get upset, you're very close, you get upset. All right, Why don't move on?
Speaker 7: Okay, my pillow prices could go up. A federal chary in Colorado found that Mike Lindell, the founder of My Pillow, which I have one, by the way and love it, defamed a former employee of leading a voting equipment company. After the twenty twenty election. He was ordered to pay two point three million dollars in damages.
Speaker 4: And he has gone, according to the CNN story, from being worth about sixty million, pretty wealthy guy, to a negative ten million.
Speaker 2: That he owes.
Speaker 4: And he is still defending the concept that the election was stolen, still defending him, defending itself. These guys, and I know of a couple of other guys. Giuliani is the same way. Giuliani has lost everything. He's been disbarred, he can't practice law, he's lost everything. Still a true believer, still thinks it was worthwhile to have put the president in the White House.
Speaker 3: Well, who gets up in the morning and paints their hair on? Yeah, probably is not rooted in reality.
Speaker 2: All right, we are done. Well, no, no one more really quickly.
Speaker 3: Evangelist Reverend Jimmy Swagger, nine years old a critical condition after suffering a cardiac.
Speaker 2: Arrest with a hooker. No oh that was wait.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, no, he had some real he had some real issues.
Speaker 2: He had to apologize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and God, God will forgive me. The point is the hooker never forgave him because he didn't pay her enough money. All right, we're done, guys, This is KFI a M sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 4: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app