Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bulbo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and read it.
Speaker 3: Five Stock and Me.
Speaker 1: Grates on Yesterday and listening watching Lim always keep it Squatching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James booble Fay.
Speaker 2: Hey Bob, So what's happening man?
Speaker 4: Oh, not much, just uh getting ready for a pod.
Speaker 2: Getting ready for a pod. Yeah, Well, we have a little bit more sad news to uh spread this week. Unfortunately, good friend of ours, great bigfoot researcher, guy who's been in the game a long time, super enthusiastic, super active, Scott Violette, has passed away. Unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's terrible, man. He's a great guy. Him and his wife Hannah had that Squatch America that were going on. We had him on the show. I mean they were guests on here, and well, I just feel terrible for Hannah. And he was I mean, he was he knew his stuff, he was level headed, I mean, he was open minded, he was he was just a really good dude and truly dedicated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and outside of the bigfoot world, he was a veteran of course, I think he served in Afghanistan if I remember correctly. And yeah, and he was just a great dude to be around. Who I mean, the entire community. If you knew the guy, your bundy's gone. I mean it's the bottom line, Like, this's not like anybody didn't like the guy. He was beloved wherever he went, you know. So he's huge loss for the Bigfoot community. Super sad to see him go.
Speaker 4: It just like a week and a half after Jeff. I mean, it's just they go in threes. It's like God just dreading if someone else is going to pop up now. Yeah, well this is for you, Scott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then for it's worth you know, to help Hannah out throughout this time. And she has a GoFundMe going Prude'll put that in the show notes. If you have an extra buck, like even a dollar, if you have one hundred dollars, come my gosh, give it, but an extra dollar. If if half of our listenership did that, she would be very very much better off than she is right now. So give what you can help help Hannah out in Scott's memory, And yeah, but we don't want to dwell too long on the sad news. What have you been doing bobs.
Speaker 4: Uh when I went to get my phone again in the day, but it ended up pouring Like they said it was gonna start raining kind of light and the late after early afternoon and then pick up this you know later than that you really start raining. But it was dumping about like eight thirty nine this morning was like fully just pouring rain. So we uh made it a tempt but it was just it was so wet. It was like, no way, it's it's gonna be too like we you know, were supposed to go down like the hill side and stuff. It was gonna be like way too muddy slippery. So supposed to rain for a couple of days, like another day or so and then wait till it drives up a little bit and go back up there again.
Speaker 2: And you need the phone now for what reason? Is it just just the pictures and stuff fun there because it's been this deactivated, right, yeah, but it's.
Speaker 4: Still it's still getting my messages for to open up my online accounts. Most of them are still going, like the banking stuff are still going to that other phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, it seems like that could be taken care of on the back end.
Speaker 4: That's a long story. I'll tell you later.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good, very good. Well you've been out of the field at all, you've been doing anything interesting like that, any bigfoot stuff. You said there were some tracks or something right there.
Speaker 4: That got rained out this morning too. We're gonna go. We're gonna go. Look. But the guy was, he was his job was he was in charge of the guys monitoring the fire old fire lines up there from the fire. But they all they didn't they bounced today because it was poor and run. They just didn't even come into work.
Speaker 2: Well, they're in the area. It's a good place to go. I guess we'll probably leave some more prints.
Speaker 4: Doug and Todd we're sitting on the side of the road on the Go road on Donahue Flat intersection there, you know, like six miles up whatever that is. And this guy pulls because you guys, all right, you need help anything like now, we're just chilling, you know, hang, guys, what are you doing here? They're like, oh, we're looking for big fist. If he goes, no way goes. Check this out. He jumps out of his truck, shows me we had his on a cell phone. He found tracks the day before offtime. He fled along along the cut line. He was hiking it. There was prints coming down. I guess they're not much bigger than mine, probably my shoe, But there came they weren't They weren't huge. I could be twelve thirteen inches, it looked like. And they the guy uh took pictures, like just two photos, one of the track line, one of one of the tracks up close, so you could see all the toes, like the detail like it was in kind of like the sophom like kind of half dried mud. They said it looked really good, and they waited. He said, he goes, hey, I gotta do something for ten minutes. I'll be right back. I'll take you guys right to it. Jumped in his truck, goes, wait here, I'll be back on ten, and took off and never came back. They waited over two hours. The guy never showed up.
Speaker 2: That's unfortunate. I assume they didn't find it.
Speaker 4: They didn't even look, dude, they didn't know it was somewhere along the burn line.
Speaker 2: No, that's the kind of dangerous if you're going to go play around in those areas. I guess, well, cool, Well I got out a little bit. My brother was in town. My brother showed up last Wednesday, Rob Rob exactly. So he showed up Wednesday night. I picked him at the airport, you know, and I've made some dinner at the house, just hung out. Thursday, took them out to the woods all day just to say, hey, this is this is what your brother is up to. This is what I do at least once a week, because that's it had been a while as well. I've been pretty tied up with some other way more important stuff unfortunately, dealing with like the meldrum stuff, that all that sort of thing. But I did get out to the woods on Wednesday for the first time in a couple of weeks and went to some of the regular spots, you know, the outer rim. Basically, I'm not you know, I'm not really going to the other spots so much at this point. So I'm trying out some new regular spots because I have like four or five spots I try to frequent, some kind of diversifying my locations.
Speaker 4: At the moment.
Speaker 2: Because of those fake tracks that were found out there and at one of my regular spots in July, so I'm leaving that one alone for from now on, basically, because the other spots are just as good and nobody knows where those are, and I don't have to be concerned about infiltrators and hoaxers and all that sort of stuff. I'm not sure how word got out on that one, but somebody told somebody and told somebody else sort of thing. So anyway, but sure enough I found tracks. I found a fourteen inch track that wasn't too old, I'm guessing within a week or so, maybe two, because I want to show my brother some tracks in the ground, you know. So, and I located a trackway of three different individuals. Back in June, I was out there with my buddy Kelly the mue and that guy from buck Cherry, you know. And so I took him out there and we found tracks. That day, I visited again with I think I went out with Less Stroud. Next we did this little filming out there for his documentary. So I put him on a trackway and you know, film some stuff, cast a couple of them. A couple of them came out pretty okay too, not the usual blobso plaster. And then I brought Darby out there when he visited July, and so I figured, you know what, tracks round here can last a long time. So I went out to the outer rim in hopes of finding one or two that were still in okay shape so I can show my brother some tracks in the ground. And we got out there, there was nothing new going on. We looked to change the cameras out that we have out there and stuff. Didn't find any other tracks. Didn't go to the swamp that would have been some pretty rough, you know, hiking from my brother. But we did locate the trackway and there was a handprint there that still looked okay. You can see all the fingers and stuff. And then that was on the berm going up on the side of the abandoned logging road that we were walking on. And then I showed him with a couple of tracks, a couple of tracks that we had already cast, and then we went off in the woods. I did find a track that I had not cast or done anything with that the big toe and that couple of the other toes impressed into the moss a little bit and had a nice heel, So I got to show him that, which is nice. And then we went back to the car and to get some water, and then I said, well, you know, let me go look down this other side road that I almost never go on, but I have found tracks down there one other time. I found the seventeen incher down there one time. We nicknamed that Sasquatch Jaba because we nicknamed this whole place the Outer Rim. So last year I did find a track one time down the side road, so I said, let's try that. Let's go down there. My brother decided to stay at the car and kind of poke around and just enjoy the silence, because you know, he lives in Long Beach, California, within hearing distance of the freeway and stuff, so he really enjoys the silence of coming up to Oregon to visit his little brother. So he stayed at the car, and I walked down the road this other trail thing about ten minutes down and towards the end, probably within fifty yards of where we found Jaba's track. Last year, I found this other track. It seemed to be of the fourteen inch individual. It was on a slight incline, like maybe a thirty degree slope, and it was walking alongside the slope to the point where it The only reason I really even noticed it because the impression wasn't deep at all, and that's kind of a one of these myths about the bigfoot tracks is that they're insanely deep because they're super super heavy, and yeah, that can be true sometimes, but I don't find that to be true most of the time.
Speaker 4: Honestly.
Speaker 2: The only reason I noticed this one it had a pretty nice heel and then a couple of the toes impressed really nicely. Not deep though, because what happened here is that the foot pushed down and then slid slightly sideways a little bit to the left. And what that did is it disturbed the top layer of soil and exposed a slightly moisture layer underneath, so you could see the darkness of the soil. It was a darker color than the stuff that was you know, sun bleached and bone dry up on top. And so you can actually see all four or five toes in there. Beautiful heel. It measured about fourteen inches long, and there were some other scuffs nearby, but that was the only track that you can really make things out of, you know, And the rest of this stuff was, Oh, I can tell something walked here because the ground was disturbed, but you could. You couldn't really nail any shape or anything down. So I did send you a picture of that one, right, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, I got the picture of that. Yeah, that's cool. How those those ones that aren't how do they shop with a three D scan of the show up on the app? You got? Not?
Speaker 2: Well? Not well? But I believe me, check real fast on my phone right here. I'm pretty sure I scanned that one mostly the scans on my phone. At least they have the GPS coordinates on it, because you know, I keep the uh my e x IF information on the download there. I don't really, I don't. I don't show the locations on my photographs, you know, because it's nobody's business where on Bigfoot as far as I'm concerned. No, no, they It turned out okay. But you know, I can export it as a little movie and I'll send it to you. Maybe Matt Proute'll put it on the members or something like that for you. So maybe that's a good way to go with it. But yeah, yeah, So I found a pretty cool track this this this week. It's nice to getut in the woods, and honestly, I mean it's a weird thing to say. My young Cliff would never ever say this, but I'm kind of looking forward to the end of summer here and you know, the onset of fall and winter, because the tracking is so much better during those months, even though a lot of the area is inaccessible because of snow, especially once winter hits, but the tracking is just so much better. And in the ground, you know, the ground's all dry and crusty during the summer, it's like, yeah, this sucks, man, Let's let's give me some mud.
Speaker 4: That's always the best. Have it rained early in this like a late Indian summer kind of rain thing, and then then you get like another four or six weeks of dryness. But there was enough to like make tracks possible for a few days, and they're preserved for a while, like not like in the winter, like there's tracks and they're washed out like two days later or something. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the forest Duff doesn't hold stuff very well. You can't cast in it. And yeah, I'm ready. I'm glad falls here. You know, the trees are starting to turn and stuff. I'm looking forward to getting out woods, but that's got to wait a few weeks because I've got to go to New York in a couple of days for the first ever New York Bigfoot conference. So I'm gone till Sunday, and then I'm home for a couple of days, and then I'm gonna head down to Willow Creek to help out with their museum thing a little bit, to help help them with their display stuff. And I hear some folks might be in town and around that time, try to rally with them, or maybe try try to rally with you. Drop by Humble State University to check out the archiving out down there. So a lot of stuff to do, a lot of stuff to do here in the next couple of weeks. But after that, towards the end of October, I actually have some breathing room in my schedule for probably the first time since June. So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. But were you starting to notice a thinning hair? Who me, maybe a little a little hair left or a little thinning hair both. Well, I've got good news for you. Bobo Hymns offers access to prescription treatments for regrowing hair and as little as three to six months, so you can see a fuller head of hair like Bobo in the old days by fall.
Speaker 4: That'd be nice having a fresh fall crop to harvest.
Speaker 2: Soweet Hymns offers convenient access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including choose oral medication, serums and sprays.
Speaker 4: Yep, doctors trust this stuff. It's been clinically proven. It's got ingredients like finesteride and oxidil, and that stuff can stop hair loss and we go hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 2: You can get started from the comfort of your own home, cave, motor home, or wherever you happen to be by filling out an intake form and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free.
Speaker 4: The process is one hundred percent online, which means getting started has never been more convenient, and even if sasquatch can do it, it's so easy.
Speaker 2: No insurance is needed and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care. Plus treatment options start at just thirty five dollars a month. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 4: That's hims dot com slash beyond for personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 2: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 1: Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidyal and finasteride. Prescription required. See website for full details, restrictions and important safety information.
Speaker 4: I guess we got Q and Ago on theday from the listeners.
Speaker 2: That's what I hear. That's what I hear. Matt Pruit, Do you have some questions for us?
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: We got a number of questions here, but as usual, we'll start with the voicemails, so let me cue the first one up for you.
Speaker 5: Hey Cliff, Heybomo. Big fan of the show is Dan from Mesa. First of all, with how accurate Bigfit have been seen to throw rocks not just small pebbles, but large bowlders as well. Do you think they can use these rocks as tools for hunting, say an ambush and throwing a rock at high velocity breaking legs and necks of deer? Love the show? Thanks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely got a lot of stories better than throwing Rocks. Mean, there's a story of not hunting with them. But Derek Randalls saw him throwing when he got chased off the Olympic Peninsula about thirty something years ago. It was they were throwing kind of like a almost like an underhand softball pitcher, but more side arm to it, you know, with their with their fist facing you, coming like the backhand of their hand facing then flicking it like flicking it kind of side under arm. And he said that I was throwing it with pretty good accuracy. Personally, I've been hit with pebbles a couple of times. I've seen someone get hit holding a camera a recorder in New Mexico that Hiccaria one in two thousand and four. Right before before I saw that one, we were walking around and Chris was holding the camcord in two times in like five minutes. I know. It was right after I saw the way it was right, that's right. It was like minutes after I saw. We were out there with the cameras and you know, infrared floodlight whatever and spotlight, trying to do it the old Sony cam. And then he added up to his eye walking around and twice pebble's bank hit the you just cracked, like you hear the pebble, you know, little rock small maybe marble size, hit right hit the camera exactly and just you know, you're just like WHOA Like the thing I had such good and it was we never saw it, but it was obviously nearby. I've heard of the people described them throwing the same way and throwing rocks and like just throwing something the size of a candlope, just blasting a deer in the ribs and just just you know, knocking it down and knocking the wind out of it, you know, breaking its ribs and they jump out and then snap its neck. I mean, I've I've heard him throw things. I've seen it. I've seen rocks come flying out over tree lines and landing behind us on Bluff Creek. But then uh yeah, then there's the classic store. Was this guy the Navy, the Navy seals all these these wing inflatable boats are like the best inflatable They're like kind of like a zodiac. They're like a like a high custom made zodiacs soft soft shell boats. And it was they test them on the rivers up here and all that, like that's how I got to go look for tracks for my buddy. Used to be the test platform back in the late nineties early two thousands. But anyways, the owner of that guy, Bill Wing, he was a kid growing up in the sixties. His dad, he stick came to his brother out and dropped off separate places and they have to go for two weeks every summer and he's cash food for him and like supplies. They had a hike all through the Trinity Outs right where our classic I think it was episode fifty five. I think that was one of the most popular ones. That forester that had that experience, which she was nineteen backpacking at ran Byron the night right right right like within like three miles there was with this guy. This happened like thirty years earlier, but he was he got there about there's a little airstrip up on top of this like plateau, and his dad was going to pick him up there. So he was sitting there waiting and was back against He was in this old clump of old growth trees on the edge of a on the edge of a canyon up on top. He sitting there with his back like five six foot you know, diameter old growth furze all a sudden boom, the tree just explodes behind him, like just the whole tree shakes. So what that? Then another one boom just he looks over about one hundred and eighty yards away because his dad was measuring it from there. When they got in the plane, there was like an eight nine ten foot he couldn't tell, he said, huge, huge, bigfoot flinging rocks the same way he described as Derek Randalls at one hundred and eighty yards or swinging like candilop sized rocks like laser beams across the canyon and just blasting into that trees and take got big chunks. And apparently the last time that there was fifteen twenty years ago in the two thousands, and those trees were still there with those big chunks scarred into the trunk. You know, multiple multiple, multiple hits with this thing blasted rocks into the tree. So that gives you an idea about how they're throwing ability. But you guys, just did you guys just see that article about chimpanzees and other great apes how inaccurate they are when they throw objects like sticks and rocks. Did you guys see that article?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see that. Did you submit it so we can talk about it during the next topical episode.
Speaker 4: I got it to say, I'll pull it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do that. Might that'd be a great one to look at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they I thought I sent them. Toby just saved it, but they got only twenty percent accuracy. The great apes the chimps were the best, and they were like a twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always wondered if the rock throwing was mostly used to flush animals, because it seems to be used it humans to flush them in many of those situations, you know, like how many stories have you heard about where you know everyone's outside and it's either quiet or there's minimal activity, and then they all go into a cabin and then boom, a rock hits the cabin and then what happens like everyone runs outside the look and then it's quiet again, and you know that repeats itself, and so it's almost like the intention is to get you to move where you're visible again. And you think, man, if you're a nocturnal hunter, you have an inkling that there's deer hiding in some brush or a thicket or bedded down. If you could toss a rock that would scatter them, you could lay eyes on them.
Speaker 3: So I don't think it's out of the question that they could hunt with rocks.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting that all the hunting reports and the claims of people seeing sasquatches hunt animals as always by like apprehending them by hand and dispatching the animals that way. You know, that doesn't mean they don't use rocks to hunt. It's just interesting that people haven't claimed to see that or watch that occur.
Speaker 4: So well, yeah, I've talked to people, not a lot, but I'm talking to people that have seen more back in like Tennessee, Kentucky that out.
Speaker 3: Area premanancy, like the animal get hit by the rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the squatch is there and it just we'll see a rock come flying out and blasted deer and then and then a squad. I saw one person they saw it actually throw it then or maybe two people, Yeah, I think I think I talked to two less, so they actually saw it throw the rock. But I've talked to like probably four or five people that have seen a rock come flying out and blasted deer in a meadow, then the thing run out and get it. And so when also when they saw a rock blast a turkey out of a tree one time. If they're looking at these turkeys, they're glassing these turkeys in the tree, they're you know, hunting in full cameo and uh, it's you know, like four or five hundred yards away. They've just seen this rock up with just big shower of feathers come down, the turkey get blasted out of the tree and they all go flying off. So I guess, uh. And then I was told up in Quinnallt in the Olympic Olympic Peninsula the natives up there, so that they said they hunt with rocks up there.
Speaker 2: Also, Yeah, I've never heard anything personally, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did, of course, But I was just going to add that they must be fairly accurate with the rock throwing, if for no other reason then people don't seem to get hit by the large rocks, that they're only generally hit by small ones. That right there is somewhat of an indicator that they have some level of accuracy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then there's people have I've talked to people that said they've had bowling ball rocks go within five feet of their head like one hundred miles an hours. You've heard that before, right.
Speaker 1: Not any near misses with like bowling ball, but you know, I've I've talked to plenty of people who've had like big rocks land around them, but not like whiz by their head.
Speaker 3: I mean that'd be pretty terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I've definitely heard that for sure several times, like or a bigger rock could have killed and going like I think how to have pinpoint accuracy or just or it didn't because they said it was scary as hell, Like there's like that, like just they're like the fact that they could have killed them not easily, like they said it was like definitely it would have been fatal to get hit by it. You know, it comes by like wizzing by their head within five feet. That's pretty sketchy. I mean I've had him throw big rocks around me, but never at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say I ever have, so, I mean I've had things around me again, but not at me. I've never been hit by a pebble or anything like that. Yeah, it was hard to say, but again, I think the lack of people being hit says something about how accurate they can.
Speaker 4: Throw yeah, yeah, exactly, because it was random that hit people once in a while. Totally.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully we've answered us question well enough. I guess should we move on to the next one. I know we have several more voicemails to get through.
Speaker 3: Here is the next voicemail.
Speaker 6: Hi there, Cliff, Matt, and Bobo. My name is Janet and I live in Vermont. My question concerns monkeys in South America. I think the leading theory now is that monkeys arrived in South America via vegetative rafts from Africa. That seems pretty unbelievable given the distance between the two continents, but I guess it's it's true. I know that you were looking for a bigfoot creature in the Amazon. At one point I had assumed that if they were. If bigfoots were traveling to South America, they would have come through the Bearing straight. Do you think that there is a chance that bigfoots would have crossed over the ocean on vegetative mats? They are kind of heavy and that you have the most adorable giggle, Thanks so much from a squatchhead pigeon.
Speaker 3: This is obviously a wonderful woman of an exquisite.
Speaker 2: Taste right, well, soundsquatches on rafts. I don't think so. I don't think that's the way they got to North America. I think that they just came over the land bridge. And because we don't know how long they've been there, of course, and I guess the theory about rafts with like these monkeys and stuff coming over from Africa, that apparently that happened something over thirty million years ago. I don't know how much closer South America and Africa were at that point compared to what they are now, because plate tectonics would have moved them around a bit. I mean, once upon a time, Africa and South America were connected. After all, if you look at the shapes of the continent, it's like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. They fit together, and the rocks are the same on both those locations, and they are dated the same. It's a done deal. It's a slam dunk that those two continents were actually connected at one point, you know, back in the Pangaea days, basically so. But how much closer they were they I don't know. I don't know. So the thing I'm looking at right now says about nine hundred miles between the two. Maybe that's accurate. I don't really know. I have no idea, but I don't think sasquatches do that. I don't think sasquatches came over in rafts. But I would say this, there is a parallel thing going on, in my opinion, down in Indonesia. When you look at the Indonesian islands, quite a few of them have stories of both the little folks, the little guys like the Homo fluesiensis or Homo louson ensis. Some places call them Ebu Gogo. Now, doctor Gregory Fourth, who's been a podcast guest before, talked about his new book where there's some critters living on the island of Floras. Even still, he believes he's an anthropologist and he does a lot of work down there on Flora's And when you look further, Sulawisi has reports of both the little guys and the big guys. Several of the islands down there have reports of large and small hairy hominoids. And then of course you look past that and you have Australia. So I think that down there, I think that there's a very reasonable chance that that much much shorter journey could have been made on some sort of rafts or you know, these things were swept out the sea and grabbed a big floating log or a chunk of you know, seaweed or something and floated over to a new place Australia for example. Right, maybe that's how those things, yeah he's got there back in the day. Don't really know. And I think that's one of the cool things that we will learn eventually once the discovery of the sasquatch is said and done. When we start, it'd be hard to track that sort of stuff, especially twenty thirty fifty years ago. But now you can actually track ancient migrations to some degree based on genetics. So if we get once sasquatches are proven to be a real species, several of the other unknown hominoids Harry bipeds around the world will certainly be the next dominoes to fall, because if those things can be in North America, then they can be in China, they can be in Russia, they can be in Vietnam. That's no problem. If they're actually under our nose here in North America, then I think that the scientists won't laugh as hard at the idea of a bipedal primate being alive in those other places and several others Australia for example, and when then those other species are recognized and we can do some genetic sleuthing to find out the migratory routes that they took once so large enough sampling has been obtained. So yeah, a lot of interesting questions are going to be answered, and I think it's all going to start with the discovery or the academic recognition, I should say, of the sasquatch, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Ay, Cliff, didn't they didn't they find it real like way more recent hal overgramss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one between sixteen and nineteen thousand years ago in China. Yeah, insane, right, insane. I mean we've started living in cities just a little bit after that. You know, agriculture was developed about what what is it, twelve or fourteen thousand years ago in humans Homo sapiens, So yeah, that's just a bit before. And just because we have a fossil from sixteen to nineteen thousand years ago, that does not mean that's when they died out. That's that's an assumption made by people who listen to the news reports. Basically that you know, like the most recent fossil of Paranthropis boise eyes eight hundred thousand years ago, But that doesn't mean that's when they went extinct. I mean, what are the chances that the most recent fossil that we have is the very very very very last one that ever exists? Like almost zero right for each species too. I know that's saying that's a ridiculous assumption. I mean, maybe it's true. I mean, anything's possible, but it seems awfully unlikely. So the fact that we have a homohydelber against his skull from China sixteen to nineteen thousand years ago, that's a pretty strong indicator that they were maybe some persisted, maybe even to the present day. Who knows, who really knows. I don't know, of course, but I do think it's ridiculously unlikely that sixteen to nineteen thousand year old skull was the very very last one.
Speaker 4: To ever exist.
Speaker 2: That means that human beings, when they started living in small villages and kind of starting raising animals and farming and that sort of stuff, they were seeing these large, you know, rather robust, likely hairy bipeds living in the woods outside of town. Basically, they were seeing these things out there, and of course they slapped words on them, because that's what humans do. We name things and we make up stories about them. You know, that's very likely the source of a lot of these stories, you know, from you know, the green man or nephelum or whatever word you want to slap on these things. The people living in town saw these weird kind of humanish things out there, put a word on it, made up a story about it. Innerbred with this animal, or innerbread with this angel or whatever. And there you go. And then the cultural traces of relative hominoids throughout the world is right there under our nose. It's so interesting. What a fascinating time to be interested in paleoanthropology. Well, any who, shall we hop onto the next one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey guys, it's John from the UK. I'm a long time listener, love the podcast. Thank you so much for all your efforts and contributions to the cause. I'm as touched as anybody by the death of Professor Maldrum, but it's prompted me to ask a question. I once heard an interview with doctor Maldrum and I can no longer find it. And he was relaying what he described as his most convincing eyewitness testimony, and it was about a woman that he appeared to know quite well, who had worked in the city, I think, and then become a bit of a recluse herding goats. And she recounts how she saw a sasquatch, she saw that the emotion on her face, and this sasquatch, apparently a female, had a juvenile with her that leant out from behind her, and apparently the main sasquatch picked the juvenile up and walked off into the brush. And I just wondered if you could point in the direction of that interview, or if you had any further information about who that woman was or what that particular instance was, because it was very composed. Once again, thanks so much for the great podcast, and really appreciate it. Thanks guys, Speak soon.
Speaker 1: That was Julie Davis of Colorado out in Higgins, good friend of mine, longtime tassquatch researcher. Spent quite a bit of time with her and knew her quite well. Some of the details that John's remembering are a bit different, but I did pull up. There is a report that was submitted on the BFRO, so I'll link that in the show notes, but if you're just listening, you want to look it up real fast without clicking the show notes. It's report two to one one zero, and it is a fascinating report. But yeah, Julie, she actually had quite a lot of field experience. She worked with the Great Bear Foundation. She was a goat packer. I spent a lot of time in the backcountry and had an amazing class a encounter that I'd heard doctor Mildram talk about many times. Theo Stein had interviewed her for the Denver Post and then this report was published on thefro's website. But one of these days we need to get out and on the podcast for a lot of reasons. But as a side note, yeah, he did spend time with her and was very very impressed with her skills in the field and outdoor knowledge.
Speaker 4: Is anyone interviewer what if we get her on the pod? Maybe possible.
Speaker 3: I think that'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: Alten's the only person I've met that's met with her in person, you know, I know doctor Melton's met with her. I'm assuming John Manzinski and others have met with her, But in terms of people from my personal life, I know Alton met with her, potentially other I think that was back when Alton was still with the bfr O in the early days of the BFRO, But I don't know anyone else who's like made contact with her. But yeah, that would be I would love to hear that story firsthand.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Mayan Chinzi knows her.
Speaker 3: Oh that would not surprise me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there you go. I was wondering if it could have been dar Addington, who's another female goat packer from the Blues, and she had she was involved in a footprint find that Minezinski was involved in where there was a sasquatch and a juvenile where the female presumed female was walking along the slope and then every once in a while there were juvenile footprints with it, but then it would disappear, and then it would appear again, then it would disappear and then appear it and they realized that the juvenile was actually being carried by its mother periodically off and on. So I was wondering if that would have been it. So I'm so glad you have the specific reference to the BFRO report and the witness itself.
Speaker 1: Now, I've heard doctor Melbourne reference Julie's story many times and sort of retell it because she, you know, to make a very long story short. You should definitely go read her narrative. But you know, on an extended backpacking trip with these pack goats and with dogs too, if I'm not mistaken, she was inner tent and heard the dogs and the goats either whining or making some sort of alarm sound. So she stepped out of the tent and like all of the goats were facing her, staring at her, and she's like, what's going on is So she turned around to see if there was something behind the tent. There's this large sasquatch standing there and she was like frozen, stiff, And then as it stepped away to head back towards the tree line, it revealed behind it another smaller one. So she saw two of him, like an adult and a juvenile. And doctor Meldrim had related that story, and I've heard him talk about that one in a couple of interviews. When people say, oh, what's the most compelling account you've personally heard, You know, if you could pick one, that's usually the one that he goes to because it was daylight. It was at very close range. I mean they're gosh ten feet away from each other something like that, I mean the distance of a tent away from you, or she's at the front of the tent, standing at the back of the tent. And it was apparently focused on the goats. But anyway, great report even references Julie Davis in his book in Legend met Science. I try to remember the context. Maybe it's just in the acknowledgments or the thank yous or something like that, but oh no, I think it was as a member of the North American Aid Project is where her name is included.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it is in the book. But yeah, I would I would love to hear her for her story firsthand. One thousand percent.
Speaker 2: It's a much better answer than I could have given.
Speaker 3: They's your question, John already. So here is the next voicemail.
Speaker 8: Hi, Cliff, Bogom and Matt, how you're doing this? Is Paul here from the UK. Just wondered how many instances of bigfoot using tools or their interaction with fire you've come across. Be interested to find out. Thanks for all the stuff, take care by fire.
Speaker 2: Almost none there is that one from Mount Diablo in the Bay Area. But that wasn't using it necessarily, It was just swinging around a branch that would happen to be in the fire and as a quite old one and might have been embellished for the sake of the newspaper as well, which is where that that sighting thing was published. But as far as using tools, I mean very very few. There's a few of them that I can think of. Like I remember on Finding Big What we investigated some some sightings where the sasquatch was using rocks to break freshwater clamshells. I mean throwing rocks as a tool as well. We just covered that a little bit a little bit ago. There's quite a few reports of them throwing rocks anything. Off the top of your head, Bubba, what do you got for tools?
Speaker 4: Just clubs or sticks for banging on trees. I've heard people claim that they've found sharpened like flint like that had been sharpened like for a cutting tool, for like cutting up an elk hyte or something like that, But I've never seen one or I don't know anyone documenting that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've recently heard from me an investigator I trust that he found some sticks that seem to be sharpened. I mean, and if that's Bigfoot related, that's that's new to me. So we'll see about that. I'm going I'm going to visit with this gentleman in a few months here, and he's going to show me what he has. And so maybe there's some way to tell maybe not. We'll see about that. But they've been seen carrying and holding sticks. There's a I think there's a famous picture in Bendernoggle's book Eyewitness Drawing of one of these things holding a stick and a duck in the other hand, which is which is suggestive that maybe they use the stick to take down the duck. But beyond you know, rocks and clacking and banging stuff and opening clamshells and that kind of stuff, I'm not aware of any other tool use now.
Speaker 1: And always love Moneymaker's discussion and this is a slightly different question, but a lot of people would always ask like, do you think they make tools? And you know, I'd heard money makers say many times like, well, if they're making tools, would be finding them otherwise, you know, it's not like they're always carrying them all around with them all the time. As a species for all these you know, hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands of years as long as they've been here. So yeah, I think beyond the wielding of you know, rocks and sticks and things of that nature, which absolutely is tool use, you know, there doesn't really seem to be anything more sophisticated than that, and certainly not with fire beyond some sort of like fascination or curiosity about fire. Occasionally them interacting with human fires or who knows, maybe potentially wildfire, but I've not really seen that, but.
Speaker 4: I heard of them being around like grass fires, brush fires, like getting small animals coming out like lizards and right roadings and stuff like that. I've heard of that, but that's not they didn't start it or control it.
Speaker 1: But Paul's a good member of ours, if you recall, Paul was the member who had reached out about coming stateside at some point, and so I think he's still planning on doing that. There's he'd send an email about that. So we'll get back to Paul about that with some suggestions. But thanks again, Paul. And then here is the last of the voicemails.
Speaker 9: Hey Clobo, Matt. My name is Seth Kine, a longtime listener out here delivering on my route for USPS. Listened to your podcast all the time. Thought maybe sending a voicemail sending some past questions. I was wondering if he built a box out of two way mirrors and puts trail cameras inside facing all directions, if that would be enough of a curiosity factory to bring in Bigfoot, or if they would still sense the cameras and maybe stay away. Of course, you have to worry about sun reflect out the mirrors and starting a forest fire. But if you could prevent that problem with the box of mirrors the cameras inside, do you think it would attract any sasquatches? After ore ones in the area? All right, keep a squatching.
Speaker 4: I think so. I mean they've been seen looking in mirrors. They've approached mirrors and people put them out for attractants and people. So they've seen them like gazing the reflection in ponds or lakes or in windows. Even they look like they appeer up peer. They are looking at themselves like you know, turn tilting their head and stuff like that. So I think I think it could possibly work. Yeah, give it a try.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean and I know other apes have been exposed to mirrors and with interesting effects. You can see some of those videos online and YouTube. Probably. I think the problem, of course, is the same problem run into with basically trail cameras anyway. You know, who's to say there's a sasquatch close enough to even notice the mirror, let alone the the you know, get a picture of it inside. I mean, I'm not saying you should and tried, if that's that's, you know, something of great interest to you. I think it would be difficult to cart around mirrors and make boxes out of them and stuff in the woods. At least it seems to me that would be difficult, But maybe a mirror guy would think different. But at the same time, that's the thing like attractants in general, I don't think there's a good track record of any attractant working with sasquatches really, I mean, not even food items work consistently enough to do anything about from at least from my knowledge about these things, I've tried all sorts of stuff with zero results. I've tried stuff when I knew sasquatches were there, and of course they knew I was there as well, and so they probably just stayed away from whatever I put out for them. But I've never ever had luck with any of that stuff. And a few times that there have been something that I think is interesting or true for that matter, let's see, almost always been on some sort of like long term property where the sasquatches are know the routines of the people who live there. But even then it's not that people. Those people leave things out for them and to no avail to very often. So I don't know, I don't know. I mean, I hate to be so pessimistic, but I just see problems with that. But I mean, if it works, my gosh, go do it. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have to go out and try it. I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying that because I don't think it would work. I just that ain't my bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just see problems, like I'm gonna I'm gonna lacerate myself doing that. I just know it like carting around a box a mirror box, Like how big of a box? How small of a box? And it's got to be big enough to catch attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then if it's big enough to catch attention, then I mean they're not going to approach so that it's like out in the open, you know, like you got to put it where they can approach it kind of covered, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, where do you put it? And how do you know what sasquatches? Even in the area.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't put it out the middle of a pasture or or something. You know, it's got to be where they can come up behind some large something they can hide behind a approach like ruh, you know, thick trees or logs down, big logs or brush. They need something they can kind of creep up on it with.
Speaker 1: And the way that something like that would have to work is you'd have to have cameras with massive hard drives and big battery sources that are always recording. Because something like a ring camera or a game camera, you know, those are triggered. They have passive IR sensors and when that beam is tripped, it activates the camera to record. But if they're inside of glass, nothing's going to trigger that beam because it's just going to be reflecting off the glass on the inside. This is the same reason you can't put a game camera, you know, inside your house looking out the window because nothing will ever trip it. So the only way that would work is if they're recording twenty four to seven and they're either going to run out of battery or fill up the hard drive pretty quickly, so you'd have to service them very often. So it's not the kind of thing you could leave out in the field, like you could a motion activated camera, like a game camera or something like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about the IR beam not being able to penetrate the glass. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Well, shall we move on to a few written submissions with a few minutes we have here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we've pooped on Seth's idea enough that we can move on.
Speaker 4: I didn't poop on it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a bad idea either. I just feel bad. It's like everything that came out of my mouth is like, I don't know about that. I just feel bad. I'd like to be more supportive.
Speaker 4: I got a little poop update for the members section.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: A little fecal update from Bobo coming up from members? Nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not mine.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a little disappointed now, but I'm still looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: With Seth's idea.
Speaker 1: As is true of many ideas, I think it's a great idea if the technology existed. That's the thing is that, you know, the reason I don't think it's a great idea mostly has to do with the fact that, like, well, you'd have to haul it out somewhere. Besides all the normal logistics stuff, you'd have to service it very often, because I don't know how you can have something that was just motion activated, and unless it's the kind of thing that's always on and the motion activation is based on changing pixels rather than some warm object breaking the ir beam, but then it's going to trip every time the wind blows, because the pixels are always going to change every time an insect goes by or a bird, or the wind blows and the leaves move, and so there's just a whole lot of technological limitations that would make that a bigger pain in the neck than it might ostensibly seem to be.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: So here is the first written submission.
Speaker 2: This is from Darren from Ohio. What is your favorite new piece of gear you have in your pack, Well, for me, it's it's the DNA tubes that I'm working with the for the study over at North Carolina State University because I think it's very very promising. So that then, so that's mine, I mean, because I'm excited about this project that we're working on and you never know what might come from it, you know, So to me that that's the most that's my favorite new piece of gear. But as far as like what I think you're actually asking, like the tech gear and all that sort of stuff, I don't have anything new and I'm not really bringing anything out really for the most part. I mean, well, and I take that back, I'll say the three D scanner because I've had that for about a year and a half, two years. That's probably the newest piece of technology that I bring out with me. The three D scanning app on my phone gives really cool information and it's helping me document kind of up my game a little bit. So that's my answer.
Speaker 4: I got a new long durationion auto recorder. I'm getting it's coming into the mail here pretty soon, so I'm stoked for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got that pulsar Healion thermal that I really love. I only use that at night and then during the day I use a from Amazon. I bought reformed a few years ago, a Canon EOS two thousand and D and a seventy five to three hundred millimeter lens for daylight photos or video, and I love that thing. So I'd probably pick that just because it's so much fun to use, and you know, point and shoot sort of a thing, and you can set up all sorts of like settings so it auto focuses, and it's really easy for a luddite like me, like I'm just not camera savvy. So if I compare those together, yeah, the DSLR for the daytime and the thermal for night, like, because I'm a visual I want to see one, I want to document one if I see it. So those are my favorite new gear acquisitions, although I've had each of them now for I don't know, three or four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to it's hard to answer that because a new piece of gear. I don't really buy gear so much. I'm not really a gear kind of guy because my focus is elsewhere now, you know.
Speaker 4: Then I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure how the gear helps a lot, so it has to be the app so for me, but I haven't bought a new piece of a new toy for quite some time.
Speaker 4: I guess we're really done with that one. Thanks for the question there, Darren. Next we got Eric Strawn. Hey, guys, I was watching some reruns a Finding Bigfoot and it got me wondering, did you ever have trouble with locals going out and screaming with your investigations, things like planting fake evidence or returning your calls knocks. With the publicity of the show filming in an area, I could see jerks wanting to mess with you. We talked about that one in Louisiana where we had to move because those guys found out where we were. They were yelling and knocking, and we had to move the whole location. But it didn't happen very much.
Speaker 2: No, that happened in Minnesota one time, but I don't think anyone ever planted him from planted fake stuff because we never really found anything like that. First of all, so and walking around at night isn't the best time to find tracks or anything like that. But by and large, people nobody really knew where we were gonna go, you know, like that one in Louisiana. I don't think they were out for us. I think that they knew we were in town and went out and was doing they were doing this stuff. Ain't anyway, Remember the.
Speaker 4: Gate was locked. We had like seven vehicles in front of this logging gate like it for like half an hour. Remember that. That's how we got found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they weren't out like, they weren't looking for us. They were just camping drinking beer around a fire.
Speaker 4: No, no, they came out looking for us.
Speaker 2: The ones that were you that Matt, You and Matt were on the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, My understanding is that they were just drinking beer around the fire and doingking noise.
Speaker 4: But no, no, they were They were on foot, walking like walking up the road we can't drove in on. They were walking up, banging and yelling and drinking beers. Are all drunk. Yeah, they we found out because they we sat Remember we sat at the gate for like thirty minutes, like a whole convoy on the side of the highway with the U haul truck from the like the same same vehicles at the town hall meeting and all that, and they found out where we were and they were like an hour or two later, they were out there doing they're knocking and screaming and yelling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the most part, I mean we were behind locked gates and back in private land a lot of times, or you know, even if we're on public land, we had access to areas where other people couldn't really go, So yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Always had extra film from it. It's like we could go multiple places, so no one knew exactly where we were going.
Speaker 2: And then our schedule would move around a lot as well, so we we often Yeah, so it was it was we were pretty hard to find for the most part, you know, pretty hard to find.
Speaker 4: I thought it was gonna happen way more, I'll say that.
Speaker 2: Yes, And as a show went on and on and on, we got better at it. We got better at avoiding where people were, and our producers became more savvy as far as the bigfoot needs and all that sort of stuff. So we didn't really have too much of a problem with there. Just out of the nine years of shows, over one hundred shows, I guess, you know. I mean, you can count on one hand and they have still still have a couple of spare fingers left over. How many times that happened so it was very rare.
Speaker 3: I think this would be a good one to end on.
Speaker 2: All right, This one comes from Ryan Gatrau. Patterson went to his grave insisting the PG footage was real. I keep hearing that Bob Gimlin has had doubts. However, I've never seen an interview with Bob where he ever waivers on his claim that the footage is real. Are either of you aware if Bob has ever said otherwise?
Speaker 3: You remember that was that one interview?
Speaker 4: God, who was it?
Speaker 1: It might have been one of those there's some sort of like British kind of hit piece, and they had said like, is it possible that Roger could have had someone in a suit waiting for you guys, and just kept hammering that, and I think Gimmon was like, well, I guess it's possible, but then it would have run the risk of me shooting him because I had a rifle pointed at it. And people have twisted that quote to go see even Gimwan admits that he might have been fooled, where it's like, that's not what he was saying. If I'm remembering correctly, Does that sound fun exactly.
Speaker 4: What it was? Yeah, the guy kicked going like, there's no possible you're saying you were. He said you were with Robert, with Roger every minute of every day. Goes, no, we weren't together. He goes, well, you could have met with somebody, and blah blah blah like all that kind of bs.
Speaker 3: I think that's the origin of that story. That quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Gimlin has had doubts is that, you know, they took that one quote and tried to say, see even he thinks he might have.
Speaker 3: Been fooled, when that just wasn't the nature of what he was saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds just like skeptics grasping at straws to me, you know. But yeah, because I've had we've all had conversations, I think with Bob Gimlin about this, and he told me, I remember the cliffs like what I saw was an animal. I mean I remember. I mean that's I think that's a very very close to a direct quote. What I saw was an animal. He's never given an indiandication at all. That was anything but that he told me, And again sold the rights to the film for one dollar because he was tired of it. So yeah, I mean I've had great conversations with Bob. I've heard this story directly from his own mouth numerous times, both because I've asked him and because I was listening when other people have asked him.
Speaker 4: The poor guy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's never I've never had any indication that that was even on the radar. So we've said it a million times. Patterson Gimlin film has kind of been beaten to death. That's a great piece of footage, super interesting. But let's go get another one, man, Let's go get another piece of footage. That's where the focus should be.
Speaker 4: All right, folks, Well, here we go. There's another Q and A wrapped up. Keep guys sending your questions. We'd love to hear them. Or if you got a setting story you want to tell us, let us know about that also, So we appreciate you guys. Thanks for listening, tuning in, hit share, hit like, spread the word until next week, y'all, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond. The att