Speaker 1: Guys, go loot your local establishment ahead of the winter apocalypse.
Speaker 2: That race stag.
Speaker 1: It will belong to chat a couple times four or about rather, we'll do that sub forty five, eight forty five respectively. So we got that lumen. The Wake County school Board is simply out of hand. They're not dealing with they're not dealing with the Trump administration real well.
Speaker 2: Now they they want.
Speaker 1: To remind you that they're seemingly their focus, their big focus is to first and foremost make sure that your kids get a quality education. Apparently to do that though if they can't have their DEI stuff, they're very bothered by that. And we'll say whatever random insane things. Literally seated there at the podium in their capacity as the elected officials for your kids' school, they will sit there and have temper tantrums. Some they have to apologize for, you know, whether it says Sam Hershey the other day talking about how mediocre all the white dudes are while himself being.
Speaker 2: One, or yet Lynn Edmunds going off on her Trump rant.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: What this stems from is their realization that if they keep doing what they have been doing, they're inevitably going to cost themselves and your kids federal funding.
Speaker 2: You don't have to like where the President's coming from.
Speaker 1: But this, right here is what we were talking about with the Department of Ed and the ability at the federal level to essentially use that national apparatus, even while they're getting rid of it, to hamstring local school districts to do what they want. The irony, of course, is the abolition of the Department of Ed would free up wake county schools if the state didn't step in and put restrictions.
Speaker 2: To do as much of this crap as they wanted.
Speaker 1: So you're literally watching their reaction, their tantrums are proving to you what the problem is here, right, The problem, of course, being that the federal government can sit there and say, all right, we don't like this thing, and in this case, it's the federal government saying, you know, we don't like the fact that you're essentially ignoring the very basic tenets of what education is supposed to do and instead you're prioritizing all of these woke initiatives. And at the federal level, we're not going to do that anymore. You're watching them literally prove to you what the problem is when it comes to these DEI initiatives. That's what's so hilarious. That's what's so crazy about this, Like you're proving his point every step of the way, and then you're sitting there and you're using your pulpit to tell people to go ahead and send money to these very woke advocacy organizations. And I don't know is that legal. Can you sit there as an electuse at the federal level, you can't do that, right. You have things like the Hatch Act and others that preclude you from what really appears to be politicking. So when you're sitting there and it's your turn to speak as part of your ability or your right as an elected official, and you use it to advocate for the very same liberal organizations that are out suing the president. On behalf of this, we've got our own attorney general here in North Carolina who's decided that he's going to join these lawsuits, which really doesn't track considering North Carolina voted for Trump. Again, they voted for him, but they also voted for Trump. I don't know how it all pans out. And what's going to happen is some elected officials are going to get made an example out of and when they get made an example funding for your kids' school could be imperiled by their own behavior. And then they'll point and they'll scream and they'll say it was Trump. But when you're having mel downs on the record like.
Speaker 4: This, I was struck by something that was said tonight during public comment that we the because of our woke agenda or however it was described, are like putting vulnerable students at risk and federal funding at risk.
Speaker 5: And I thought, you are wow.
Speaker 4: That is uh, that's rich. Solu exactly is so threatened by the pillars and value of d I are so threatened by pronouns.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the ones who if you call somebody a DEI higher you get mad. So apparently you yourself are threatened by DEI in some capacity. But again, the pert, the only person putting it in peril is you and fellow board members that are having these public tantrums. All you have to do is not do the stuff, and you can even use the money to do stuff you should be doing. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing you gotta do, and you can't do it. You can't help.
Speaker 4: Yourself that they would deny special needs students with the funding they need and deny children's school meals own it, and.
Speaker 1: Again that's that's what they're putting out there. Well, if we don't have the money to do the DEI initiatives, you know who's going to suffer is your kids for special needs and for meals, because we're still going to spend the money on the woke stuff. But if the money stops coming for the woke stuff, we're gonna have to get it from somewhere and it's probably gonna be your kid's belly or special led funding or something, because that's how they do it. I've covered school boards long enough that when they don't have the money they think they should have, what they will do is they will go and they will make very visual cuts not to the stuff they like, but to the stuff you like, right, So they'll do things. They'll be like, well, we don't have enough money because we want to spend a portion of the budget with these DEI initiatives.
Speaker 2: So we're still going to do it.
Speaker 1: But since we're we're getting less money because we're doing it, We're going to now double the price for participation in extracurriculars, or we're going to Unfortunately, we're going to have to combine some of our special ed programs. But that stay, there's nothing we can do, and then parents will suffer and kids will suffer. But we can't help the suffering because they will give us money for.
Speaker 2: The other thing. And we're super upset.
Speaker 4: Own that short sightedness and own that cruelty. Lastly, to all those looking for ways to fight back, I'll just ask you to keep standing with us, stand up for the marginalized children, and stand up for kindness and truth and justice. The goal with all of these executive orders is to destroy democracy. The speed and reckless approach is a strategy meant to exhaust us and make us feel hopeless. So let's do the opposite of that. Let's show up here, show up in the street, show up in the courts, and if you're in a position that you can give some money, I suggest Lambda Legal, who works to protect LGBTQ plus students and people, Democracy Forward, and the ACO you who are rapidly responding in the courts to these executive orders and to the Human Rights Campaign. There's many, many more, but those are the ones I chose to highlight tonight. Our kids and our schools, are worth all we've got to give in this moment.
Speaker 1: Thank you great, okay, And then the other thing you can do is that's fine if you want to use your free time to advocate for that, But in the interim, you have a job to do, because you're an adult, and your job is to cut out those programs that will make you ineligible for the federal funding so that you can protect your ability to fund the other stuff. So you know, wine and complain and do all of this, but it does negate your responsibility. So nobody has to own the cruelty and own the cuts because you don't have to be cruel and you don't have to make cuts to the other stuff. You just don't get to do your little thing that you want to do because you, frankly, you and others did way too much of it. Do you think there's a parent right now whose biggest concern as it pertains to kids in school is your little pet dei projects. No, No, they're sitting there, especially when it comes to things like the way keunty school board, and they're going, all right, well, how come my kid can't go to school because the air conditioner doesn't work? What's up with that, especially when all that COVID money. I saw that COVID money, How is that happening? And then you find solutions for that, And your solution is, we need a bunch more money. We're gonna wait for the voters to give it to us, and there's gonna be no accountability for what happened to those COVID dollars. And we're gonna we're going to kick and scream and have these meltdowns during our comments section, which I don't know.
Speaker 2: Feel like they violate literally the laws.
Speaker 1: A member of Congress couldn't do that, a member of the Cabinet couldn't do that. But that's what we're going to do, and they we're gonna have our You know, she's not even the worst. The wait till I play the audio from the other dude from you for you, he's already had to apologize for his comments. And now ask yourself, during these changes, whether you like them or not, is this school board going to adapt and overcome in a way that protects the core principles of what they're trying to do, or are they going to make any cuts they have to do ugly to prove a point so that they can blame it on Trump, right, some stuff that's really out there. Meanwhile, all you're trying to figure out is my kid's school open today, is going to be open tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What are we going to do with this?
Speaker 1: Whether what changes in my daily routine are we going to have to make? Those are the immediate needs that people have instead your your rant like lunatics and having to apologize and insulting all the white men, as you'll hear in the Hershey audio, just sheer lunacy. All right, six eighteen. We got more on this, We get calls, we got you know, unlike with the last president, it's like every day this president's out there, he's talking about something. So we'll share that with you. Mark Hampiell's story is so dumb. We'll get to it though, anyway, lots to get to six nineteen. Hang on, I'm going to play this Hershey audio one more time because.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on here.
Speaker 1: A lot going on, like the the sheer arrogance in the entirety of this statement.
Speaker 6: Black History Month, I think it's a good time to talk about diversity, equity, and inclusion, and I really want to highlight as doctor man mentionine we're celebrating two fifty next year.
Speaker 2: That for two.
Speaker 6: Hundred and fifty years, I think it's really important to talk about people being hired based on their skin color. And for two hundred and fifty years it has been mediocre white men.
Speaker 2: Who have been hired based on right.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and again this is the inability to separate modern society with this this idea. What's crazy is you remember the audio we had the other day of the new Hanover County in fact Ross We put that up of the guy down in Wilmington, right, who is who's convinced that our schools are less segregated now than they were during you know, when they were literally integrating schools with the use of the National Guard. All Right, So on one end of the state, down there in Wilmington, you have this woke school board members convinced of this. Meanwhile, you have this Wake County school board member who along with his colleagues, is having tantrums over not being able to do their DEI stuff. All right, I'll play the other audio here in the moment. Let's finish with Hershey, just because I want to break a few things down.
Speaker 6: On their skin color, and those are facts. I mean, that's that's you know, I've heard people say DEI is racist. If that's what you believe, you know nothing about diversity equity inclusion, and you know nothing about you, and that speaks to you as a human being. You know, within Waite County, how does that how does that impact a school system? It's ensuring diversity, equity inclusion ensures that our kids who need more help get more help. It ensures that kids are black and brown kids who have not had the same educational opportunities over the course of the two hundred and forty nine years.
Speaker 1: All right, but we're not talking about the two hundred and forty nine years. I want to talk about modern society. In fact, let's just talk about during your tenure as a school board member, just this generation of kids. Are you telling me that the same educational opportunities are not or have not been available in just just take the time I've been alive, right, and in my forty plus years on this planet. Are you saying that that hasn't existed in Wait County schools? Because the math doesn't math there. We've had every moment of my life, we've had these established civil rights laws for every moment that I've been alive. So inherently, if you're going to prioritize hiring so that you have the representation that you feel is necessary, then by definition, you are using a racial component in your hiring process or the establishment of different programs. That's why they say that it's racist, because the only way to achieve it is through a quota of some sort, especially for an industry that they say that they have trouble historically recruiting for. I mean, that's great, and yes, I understand that component too, right, that pairing the right teacher with the right student could have a big impact doesn't necessarily have to be race. It's why some teachers resonate with kids more than other teachers. And then you start to see a pattern there and you realize it's not necessarily because of who.
Speaker 2: They are on the outside. It's how they go about their job.
Speaker 1: The biggest delineation between the quality of teachers I've had has really been an emotional component and not their background, ability to connect with kids, them being good at their job. A meritocracy, and it is that meritocracy that you're arguing against. So you can achieve certain components. You can argue that you think your process yields better educational results, but you can't deny that it's a process that prioritizes people based on their protected characteristics. So no, I'm not an idiot for recognizing that. And for you to then have to throw the well, you're all dumb, you're all racist, you just don't get it in there means you can't even explain why you're right.
Speaker 2: You can just throw these things out of.
Speaker 6: This country get those opportunities, and it's without lowering standards. That's the thing that drives.
Speaker 1: But it inherently is it doesn't mean that that person who you're excited to get because they look like the students that you feel that they need to are they the best person for that job. And if they're not, then inherently they're lowing standards. And I mean based on meritocracy, not on skin color. So just because just because you're going to sit.
Speaker 2: Here and argue that it's not doesn't make it.
Speaker 6: So that's the most that's being real. And I've said this before. People who throw around DEI higher is they're just replacing the N word with DEI higher.
Speaker 1: But you just said there's nothing wrong with DEI, So why then if somebody adds the word higher after it? Is it now you know language or the klan or whatever? Do you hear yourself?
Speaker 6: That's what they want to say.
Speaker 2: We get it. You guys are all losers.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, no, not anybody in here.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about anybody anything.
Speaker 1: Right, But a lot of those losers are the parents who feel that way, who are looking at the quality of the education they're getting and going, why why is my kids test scores not getting any better? What's going on here? Why is there so much remedial stuff that needs to happen? What are we prioritizing here? And now you're playing this dangerous game where you're literally ready to imperil federal funding because I feel like you want the moment where you can do something horrible and cut something horrible and then pretend like you had no other choice because Trump made you do it for the political points. Because it's at that moment you're no longer prioritizing the quality of the education the resources that you have to work with, which you have arbitrarily diminished through your own behavior. You've not prioritized that, You've prioritized your ideology.
Speaker 2: Just to make the political point. That's what's so dangerous here.
Speaker 6: It's what I hear on TV when when we had the plane crash, and and you had people on TV questioning should I be should I see a black pilot?
Speaker 7: Do I think they're I hire?
Speaker 6: No, that's racism, you know, to think that way.
Speaker 7: And I have to edit my language real quick.
Speaker 6: I was about to get in trouble with the chair.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and what you ended up getting in trouble with here's what I would be concerned. You'd get in trouble with one the people at the federal level who have said this stuff is not going to be in local government anymore, not if they're receiving federal funding.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do it. And then you going out and doing it anyway because you want to. So like, that's what's standing out to people.
Speaker 1: That's the decision that you're getting ready to make on behalf of your constituents.
Speaker 2: And I don't feel that's the decision they want.
Speaker 1: And by the way, why don't you talk to your moonbat buddy down to the south there in Wilmington, a new Hanover school board who's on CNN, Tim Merrick is his name saying this.
Speaker 2: You know, we have.
Speaker 9: Private schools and religious schools that are not regulated by the federal government the same way that our public schools are, and they are not showing better performance here in New Heater County. Fact, what they are in the schools pre performance than many of our public schools.
Speaker 2: So some of them I can't agree with that.
Speaker 9: What I can agree with is that without our federal money, we will not be taking care of our most disadvantaged students, and that is just a crisis that we cannot have.
Speaker 1: So, you know, there's a way to not interrupt that flow, and that is to not do this stuff.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So you talk about a crisis and when you're gonna put Drkonian responses to but the easiest way.
Speaker 2: Not to do this is to not do the things that you want to do.
Speaker 1: But you can, because this is what you're literally arguing for your arguing that the federal government has this power, you just don't like when it's flexed against you.
Speaker 9: You know, we have fairly segregated schools here in North Carolina, more segregated than what they we're in nineteen sixty eight, and our richest, wealthy white schools have at the end of fifth grade, they have a ninety one percent proficiency in reading, and our poorest black schools have a nine point five percent proficiency stand in reading in fifth grade. This is a sort of segregation that will be even worse without the federal guidelines that require us to take care of our most disidented students.
Speaker 1: Well, but why would that be Why would that be the case? First of all, it's not the case. We've heard from one of your colleagues and she disagrees with your numbers, And I'm glad because if you literally had that scenario, your argument was, our schools are great, except for the part where half the kids are failing, and they're because they're racially segregated. I understand you're an advocate for your district, and you just said half of you know, our kids are failing because because our schools are so segregated. But don't worry, half of them are too stupid to know what the word segregated means because we're doing such a bad job of teaching them. That's the pitch you just made for your school, your school district. And so all of these tantrums, all of these outbursts that eventually in the case of Hershey, you got to apologize for because they're just such lunacy is making the goal of teaching kids and having it stick with them.
Speaker 2: More difficult, just so that they so that.
Speaker 1: It's the reason that when the federal government shuts down, the first thing they do is close the things that are visible but least labor intensive, like the stupid stuff like we're needing humans to go and spend part of their time before the actual shutdown barricading inanimate objects in open air parks. Sorry, can't get too close to the Vietnam War memorial. You got to put these barricades up. That's the game they're going to play, and it is important that they take responsibility for it. So here is Hershey's apology. Hershey said Tuesday night at this so he sent us to the previous board meeting, and then this was last night. Hershey said he didn't mean to imply that all white men are mediocre when he suggested earlier that white men have ended up in power who didn't deserve it. And again, we're not talking about in the nineteen tens. We're talking about now.
Speaker 2: You heard the audio there, I don't have to reiterate it. Well.
Speaker 1: Many of the members of the public spoke in support of Hershey, activists, organized activists, and diversity initiatives. During the board's public comment period, many spoke against him. Eric she Up heard, a district to lum who is white, said he thought Hershey was criticizing thousands of Wake County parents who are white men, and rejected the notion that all white men are mediocre. Again, the only mediocre white man I see in this thing is Hershey, and mediocre might be giving him too much credit. Hershey, uh said, And here's here's the quote. To mister Shepherd and those who thought I demean them, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, but you did.
Speaker 1: It's not that they thought you did, it's that you did, And I just used your own words to show that you did. Because you are a your religious radical and your religion is the EI, So you don't It's not that you don't know any better, it's that you don't care. You've convinced yourself you're so correct that you're willing to go ahead and throw that thing out there, and you apologize now, because I'm sure your colleagues are sitting there going, hey, loser, You're gonna You're gonna get us defunded on this stuff, like I don't even know if it's a protect his own hide the way that they have.
Speaker 2: These these these districts. So uh, let's just say well organized.
Speaker 1: Because parents sat there and went, you know what, to hell with you, I'm gonna put my kid in an alternative school. You're creating this scenario you're trying to warn people about. So I don't believe you're I don't believe you're you're genuine. For a moment, you were too smug to know it all too.
Speaker 2: I don't care what.
Speaker 1: Anyone thinks in that statement for me to believe that you saw the light here in just a couple of weeks, you just realize you're playing a very dangerous game, and it's one that's about to blow up in your face. And the only people that are gonna be harmed for it maybe your future political ones, I don't care, but for the kids in Wake County schools and it it I don't know if you guys had a little meeting, little strategy session among some of your party betters, and they went, ah, this is not if we do this, like we've we've already realized we're not going to win on this. So you decide to dip out like, I don't care. I don't accept your apology if you want, if you want to apologize, resign.
Speaker 2: This isn't for you.
Speaker 1: This clearly isn't for you. You've played this hand too poorly to come back from this. And the fact that your colleague then decides to throw her her name in there, going off on her little tangent. Screw it, man, Let me grab a call here, skip.
Speaker 8: What's up, hey, I just wanted to bring to your attention, Casey, that last night Wake County Public Schools put out a saying that the teachers are going to be giving the students this is like elementary school and high school too. They're going to give them up emotional screening. So a teacher that's not qualified, that's not a counselor and it you know, and they by chance could be a moon back like you say, you know, are going to label these children as sad and emotional and something's happening at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the purpose. They're trying to test mental health as it pertains to suicide prevention or I mean, what's the law?
Speaker 8: No, it's just a thing. An email came out last night, and you could opt your child out of it.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people do you have a copy of the emails?
Speaker 8: No, I don't. I'm from the car right now, but uh, they you could opt out. But I'm just saying a teacher you know, wait, wait, county school teachers overworked and underpaid and they're not qualified to be labeling. You know, a student, you know, they're they're there, they're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm asking if I'm wanting to know the reasoning for it, if it's a suicide prevention things like, I want to understand it before I criticize.
Speaker 2: It does sound weird to me, So I'm gonna let me say this.
Speaker 1: If there's somebody listening and you got to copy this email, if you'll forward it to me, I'd love to see it. So yeah, maybe a parent out there can send it at k C on the radio works or you know it's at Casey on the radio. Put case there, CA C O D E A at iHeartMedia and forward the email to me.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see it.
Speaker 8: So yeah, that would be awesome to bring attention to it because we're you know, a lot's going on you know, on all over the country, and our attention has drawn all over the world. And yeah, there's there's a lot of bad things going on, you know at Wade County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, and that's why, and thank you for the call. That's why.
Speaker 1: Unlike mister Hershey here, I'll do my due diligence because maybe it's a thing that's sent out every year as part of the National Suicide Prevention Program. I don't know, and I'm not necessarily opposed to try to understand if there is an emotional problem with the student, considering some of the tragedies that that it's it's gone to. But I just I don't inherently trust them as to why they're gathering that information, like because I see who's running things over there, and I don't inherently trust those people.
Speaker 2: I don't trust Edmunds or Hershey. I trust them to try to do things they want to do. We'll be back. So he's asking me questions at the DMVs open. How would I know, Sir.
Speaker 1: Churt's on their website freshly updated for you. All right, let me get let me get over to this. So there is a production of Jesus Christ Superstar The musical production. If you haven't seen it's pretty good. You've never seen it, obviously, you can you can watch the you know the there's there's movie versions of it. But it's it's been a long running thing. And they're gonna be doing a production that is set to run at actually the Hollywood Bowl this summer and it will culminate in a big broadcast for everyone. And so they're gonna They're gonna go ahead and do this thing. So why is it in the news? Okay, is it in the news because it was announced yesterday who will be playing well Jesus in the production again set to run this summer at the Hollywood Bowl and be part of a big special. Which way is it. NBC is doing it, one of the networks is doing it. So what will stand out? Well, it will be the the announcement that Cynthia Arivo who you If you don't know who that is, I promise you do know who it is. If you any of the insane press tour that was done for the new Wicked movie, She's the one sitting there with Ariana Grande, her emotional support skeleton. She is a She's the bald, black queer woman she's playing Jesus, which I'm sure nobody will have an issue with.
Speaker 2: And again, yeah, you're you're you're gonna run in La.
Speaker 1: There at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm sure it'll be fine. But this thing, this thing is not gonna do well when you go to do your big special. Hell, it may not even do well in La. You think people want to show up because you're making a political statement by hiring el Faba or el Faba or however he pronounced whatever her character's name was. People, even if it has nothing to do with who she is, they already think she's alone. Watching her and Ariana Grande pet each other.
Speaker 2: And cry promoting the Wicked movie. We all saw it. It was all so weird.
Speaker 1: We talked about it on the show over and over and over again, just for the the sheer strangeness of it all. And you know, you can't tell me that there's not a single actor out there who could more effectively play Jesus. You're you're having her play it because you want the reaction from people, And unfortunately you're going to get the reaction because people ain't gonna go see this. And even if they're not gonna, you know, they were going to travel there. As soon as you stick it up as especially, you know, one night special on whatever network they're going to put it on, people are gonna even if they never do any research, they're going to tap out by about you know, the.
Speaker 2: First time Jesus appears on the stage, you're gonna go, oh, hell no, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: You want you want to show you want me to you, you want to show me that this isn't some stunt. Have her play Mohammed in something.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: And then stick it up on a network. Let me know how that goes for you. But you won't do it.
Speaker 1: You'll do it because here the reaction that you'll get are people that you can sit there and call racist or bigots or any of the rest, even though you know full well that you're just doing this to insult a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: So it will have its intended effect. It will again be a thing.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this more tomorrow in depth with Stephen Kent, our official entertainment slash NERD correspondent. But give me a break, and then then if that's special is something that errors towards Christmas, good luck with that too. Let me know how that goes. You know you should put in it too? Is Mark Hamill? Have him play Jesus and then he could just drop trout over and over again throughout the entire production. What the hell's going on with Mark Hamill? Other than him being an absolute lunatic? What the hell's going on with Mark Hamill? If you haven't seen this by now. So Hammill's doing the Baff Does.
Speaker 2: Which is I guess kind of the.
Speaker 1: The Academy Awards of the Brits. He usually precedes our own Academy Awards by a week or two, which it is here the US Academy Awards coming.
Speaker 2: Up with like two weeks, three weeks or something.
Speaker 1: I don't have it on my calendar. I'm not gonna be able to watch it. And then Ross can't watch it. He had a thing come up.
Speaker 2: We don't know what it is, but.
Speaker 1: But for the Baff Does, which I didn't watch any I did see this clip floating around. So Mark Hamill gets I don't even know why he's standing up. What's he standing up for? Is he given an award? I think he's given an award? Right, you're not getting one. So he's standing up and he's gonna go ahead and do his award thing, and I'll just let him play the audio for you and I'll tell you what happens.
Speaker 10: So what makes us love cinema so much that we're all gathered here to celebrate tonight, for me is that films create world so vivid and stories so powerful that we lose ourselves in them completely. They create immersive, cinematic landscapes that feel alive, whether they're set here in London.
Speaker 1: So what happens is and it's it's you don't necessarily hear it so much from the audio, but you can hear him just get a little shaky in his delivery there.
Speaker 2: That's because his pants just fell down, right, I mean little. I mean they they dropped to his knees.
Speaker 5: And he's pulling it back up and try to like adjust the belt and stuff. And he's like looking on the back and pulling up the back and it's and he's looking rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna he's seventy three, but like he's not a good seventy three right now.
Speaker 5: No, he's looking pretty rough.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's something you think it's just bad diet, or do you think it's just because he he has to be a ball of nerves because he's just so angry.
Speaker 5: I think it's like stress and diet. And you know, it's some point on the Twitter. Either take care of yourself, you know, you either take care of yourself or you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but plants that don't fall down even if you're fat.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he's super stressed. Who didn't his house burn down recently too?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was he one who lost his h And I don't wish that on him, even though I think he's a lunatic. But like this, because the here was the explanation basically, and by the way, who did he then flashes junk to Apparently Timothy Challowmey, Ariana Grande and Adrian Brody were literally sitting like right at eye level with his business, which, by the way, if he was, if it was really funny, he would have stopped and then and then and then you know, waved his hand like he's using the forest. Go that is not my penis you're looking at, right, But he didn't do that. That at least would have been hilarious. But maybe in the UK you can go ahead and expose yourself like that, like getting a pair of pants, like, I lost a bunch of weight this summer, and Ross you went through this too, obviously much to it to a much greater extent I had. There's a couple pairs of pants that I used to wear that look clownish on me now, and I couldn't if I didn't have a belt.
Speaker 2: There's no way I could wear it.
Speaker 1: I haven't worn him for a while because they just look too baggy, and I guess that's a good thing. But even if I wanted to wear them, I would just put a belt on. So this idea that quote, it looked like his pants were too big for him. Hey, you have people that because of how people dress all crazily. You have literal wardrobe people there. And so if you're running into a situation where unless you're holding your pants with both hands, they fall down, go talk to somebody a belt.
Speaker 5: Were you doing something like pervy backstage before you went on?
Speaker 2: Well there's that what's going on there?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he starts speaking and you can literally see the stars, right, the actors that I just mentioned like looking at you other They're like, oh my gosh, what's going on here? This is not the sports car you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Right, play it off as a joke. You're Mark Campbell got all that material at the ready man.
Speaker 5: But like you said, he's like, look of rough. He looks like he's like, he looks homeless.
Speaker 2: Look bit, he looks like a homeless dude.
Speaker 1: They jammed into a really nice suit, right, yeah, just not one with a belt apparently.
Speaker 2: All right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 1: So are you excited about the new black queer female Jesus played by actress Cynthia A.
Speaker 2: Revo, the one of the weirdos from Wicked Again, it was those press those press interviews will haunt me forever. Now, Mark, we're looking with Hamil's pants.
Speaker 5: We're looking for something to watch yesterday and Mark, he was flipping third She's like, what about the new Wicked movie? And it went back to what we said before. I said, I can't do it, and I would have given it a shop before, but because those weird pressers where they're crying each other, I'm like, I just can't do it because that's I'm gonna be. My brain will be focused on that the entire time.
Speaker 1: The time and then by the way, it's it's the Wicked movie. If you're into Wicked. It apparently did what it was supposed to do, right, It made money. A lot of people said it didn't bomb.
Speaker 2: Even with that oddity there.
Speaker 1: But unless you're really a fan of that genre, you're left with what Ross is talking about. The only thing that you remember, even though it's got like Jeff Goldblum and some others in it, that apparently did normal press to hers is watching those two weirdos pet each other and cry, I don't even know what. And I saw Ariana Grande doing something they had her doing some press the other day where she was.
Speaker 8: Like she was she was.
Speaker 1: Upset because she thinks people are thinking she questioned the moon landing or something like.
Speaker 2: None of it made sense.
Speaker 5: I'd rather watch the new vampire, the Ness Feradu movie, and I've seen the final scene on social media with that movie. Have you seen the final scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Like the rotting away vampire with his with the woman whatever it said, there's a scene. I rather watch the Nests Varada movie than the Wicked movie though, because of the presser.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even know what the scene is.
Speaker 5: Tell us more, I will tell you off the air. Oh okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Well now I can't wait.
Speaker 5: That is sexy? Is it?
Speaker 1: I know nothing about it. I knew that they had the new movie. I didn't know that there was controversy with the scene.
Speaker 5: It has to be a sexy for someone, I'm sure. I'm sure. No, no, oh no, gross.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Well, I'm gonna go find out and then I may. I may not tell you right away because I want to spoil it, but I will give you my.
Speaker 1: My reaction to this. I'm sure it'll be positive. So let's do this seven seventeen. I'm gonna go get spoiled. We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the scene huh in the new Ness Fratto movie. Well, that's quite a bit of an update from the original which I have seen. So Ross is just telling me, Yeah, that's probably a good thing. You didn't tell me that on the air. That's quite the uh quite the love scene there. Uh all right, yeah, probably. I don't need to say I understand that way I would have influenced your thing. I'm not trying to be quiet with you. I don't think I can explain that on the air to you. The thing that just Ross just told me so, just to just to be clear. Apparently there's a scene in the new, the updated Nesratu movie that is clearly not in the original movie that I remember, and it's a love scene of sorts. Okay, all right, So that's that's the thing that's out there. Speaking of upcoming entertainment, Ross's favorite magician, David Blaine, has a new six episode special called Do Not Attempt. So the way it's gonna work like this is, and I just to be clear, I'm I'm being sarcastic. Ross hates David Blaine because what's the beef? Because he's basically not a magician, right, It's all weird stunts. It's not magician stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's pretty good as some of the close up magic, but a lot of his like big spectacle stuff, I was never really impressed by it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's basically this thing's gonna air on that GEO also streaming on Disney Plus and Hulu. Hear about a month from now, it'll post let's see here, And in the in the trailer you see that they're gonna do a different stunt for each episode. I don't know if they'll also have part where he does the close up magic to Ross's point is fine, Yeah, him doing street magic, him and Chris Angel, like, you know, that really built that whole apparatus there, and that's fine. But when you get into the big stunt stuff, the question is is it magic or is it just Hollywood stunt stuff? Because like episode one, he'll set his whole body on fire. Well that's not new, right, stuntman have been doing that for quite some time. Episode two, he'll kiss a dead king Kobra.
Speaker 2: Is that magic?
Speaker 1: Episode three he'll walk underneath a frozen sheet of ice.
Speaker 2: People do that already.
Speaker 1: I guess the twist is this thing, I'll just have a huge budget. So he's literally flying all over the world doing stuff. One of the cuts in the trailer, he shoves a knife up his nose into his brain, except probably he didn't because you know fake knives things like that. Like, I don't does it hold? Does it hold the attention of the viewer? And I don't know, But coming up March twenty third, you can find out. The sixth episode series takes Blaine across the planet to exotic and remote locales like Brazil, Japan, South Africa, and the Arctic Circle.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, remember when we were kids, that it was like every year you would have like the different David Copperfield special in tea, right, and it was a big event.
Speaker 2: Because the inn, this elephant disappeared.
Speaker 5: About you at Liberty or walk through the Great Wall of China, and it was something crazy every year. I think that was like the peak for magic because now you compared to David playing, it's like back in the nineties too, we had like Michael Jordan. That was the peak right all downhill since then, and then Lebron completely ruined the NBA, But that's a different story. I just maybe Hollywood and CGI sort of killed the magic industry.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, no, probably, And plus you had a limited amount of it, yeah, because I mean I could tell you I've tried Show and Lincoln the old David Copperfield stuff, and he's not impressed by it because he's like, dude, I just watched the last.
Speaker 5: Marvel movie and they were doing incredible stuff and that what's the difference.
Speaker 2: Well, I just it's it's the difference is is now, if I want to go watch a magician work, I'm I have every I have all of it at my fingertips, right, all right, dude, He's gonna be unbearable today. Ross did you see you see that? Elon mush retweeted Jamal's video.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I saw you were probably getting tagged this more rust been very busy trying to dub some stuff in. So yeah, so Jamal, who, I'm sure if you've listened any of you, you've listened to the shows, you know, call in. So Elon Musk retweeted a video of his many views does this thing have? Basically the video is you know, he not surprised if you're out protesting against Trump because it's all people who didn't vote.
Speaker 2: For Trump and they're mad at Elon. Yeah, pretty standard stuff. But yeah, so let's see how many many clicks is this thing?
Speaker 5: It's got three point eight million views.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go. That's what I was looking for.
Speaker 1: Three point eight million views. And by the way, that's just on I think that's just is that just on the Yeah, And that's in addition to where Musk saw this video, which was another account because he quote tweeted it or whatever and on there it's got three hundred and fifty four thousand.
Speaker 5: So but but it sucks because he didn't do the actual retweet quote thing. He did the thing where you steal the video and you post it, so Jamal's not tagged in it. So then Jamal had to make a video saying, hey, this is my video that I was tagged in.
Speaker 2: Understand what is the proper rule there?
Speaker 1: Because when you right click, right you hold down, you I don't do it includes the author of.
Speaker 2: The video, but the origine case, the original author the.
Speaker 1: Video, the video that Elon took is a is a guy who clearly took Jamal's video but didn't credit him.
Speaker 5: Correct. Correct, So the original one is some dude named Tony. Yeah, and then it's just a video of Jamal, you know, yelling in his car about how he voted for Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah his size matters ammunition shirt, yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's no actual tag there, so I'm super pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that Tony dude lifted the video, which takes which takes time to lift the video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Elon did the thing where you're not actually hitting retweet or quote for some reason because you want the attention. And then but once again you're not tagged in it. So then Jamal had to be like, hey, check it out. I was actually reposted by Elon. But I'm not going to get any of the benefits of it, damn it. I would be so pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but but here, so here's the thing, so that the problem, dude is Tony not Elon.
Speaker 5: Right, correct? Correct? Yeah, I just but even Elon did maybe maybe it is quite twote.
Speaker 2: Quote tweet, quote tweet.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is, y, Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: If you click over the actual Elon tweet, if you go into it, you can't see it unless you click through to it. So not where Jamal's requoted retweeted. It go to the actual Elon tweet and then you see the Tony where it would have said Jamal had he gotten it from Jamal's account, so the tag would have been there. And I see people go, well, that's not how you should do videos, And I'm like, then why does the system exist, like.
Speaker 5: So people can benefit from it? But I mean, I I the retweet in the quote button are there for a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally a lot of people they do that and they try to make it look like it's their content. It's annoying to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always I'm always cognizant even kid.
Speaker 1: The only problem with the video is if it's a video in response to something else, and then now you're the third layer that if you quote tweet it, people don't understand the comment because you may be commenting on an interaction there. So I don't know, but I just so I tweeted it out. I tweeted Elon's quote, tweeted Elon's I just said, guess who's going to be unbearable today.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's Jamal calling because we're talking about him. His ears are burning, so whatever, But well that's the thing. And I just retweeted on the show accounts. You can go to act Casey on the radio and check that out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the whole process. They're clearly what Tony did here by just lifting the video. That's that's not fair, that's not right.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 1: But the way that Elon did it is the way that it's supposed to work. But unfortunately, when there's a breakdown in the chain.
Speaker 2: Ahead of it. So, oh is that okay? All right? Yes, Jamal? What can I do for you?
Speaker 8: Kac? Look, I didn't even know that Elon twitted because I just joined TikTok like Saturday. I just literally just joined TikTok Saturday because a friend of mine who does motorcycles, like man Jamal, some people show your videos they just tried and so I tried it so day before, so yesterday before yesterday, what I did was that video has been on Twitter almost almost two weeks, that youth, it has been almost on Twitter almost by a week. And I posted a video on you on on tik TikTok and this thing, I'm like, whoa, this thing man is gonna pop over here on TikTok. It is going on X and with somebody's like Jamal Elon Shard And when I went through, he shared the one from TikTok, not the one from the page which I have posted on my page on X man Casey you talking about and I had to tag y'all to it because I'm like, know what, I always remember where I started from. I always remember the people who gave me a chance and opportunity to get out here and speak. And it was Casey o Day's morning show walk He's KC. So I owe y'all that. So and I'm like whaa lookd this and it was what I was talking about that. Oh and I think Elon didn't see that, Jail. I saw it black folks who who on seeing INN and its NBC. And when I said black folks, all if you see the black folk on, I just said blacks on TV, they have they approved talking points from the Democrat Party. All of them have the same grievans, all of them have the same pain, and all of them agree by the Democrat Party. So that's in the video.
Speaker 1: Two people are people who arguably would be politically opposed to you.
Speaker 2: Are they dealing with the video well? Or are they saying mean things to you?
Speaker 8: Always I'm saying, oh, look this point. They most of them are, even because the majority of blow I mean always have your majority of black men who see me and see the videos, they'll be like, do your thing, man, you need to calm it down. From it's majority black ones who see that you're talking about that Democrat baby, dad, stop Democrat baby again with seconds all that good stuff. We hate you. That's how most the black women act, WoT me, But black men it's whatever whatever you do, you do, and that's how it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw one of the funniest pulling statistics is when they is I saw them interviewing black male voters who literally were spite voting against black women because they wouldn't leave them alone oh over voting for Kamala And it was very funny to watch the uh, their honest reactions to it.
Speaker 2: So all right, oh well that's what I thought. Life hearing about it.
Speaker 8: You know what, here's the thing. My wife she's okay because she saw I did a video that popular. I said, why why me, a black father with two black daughters aren't voting for Kamala Harris. That video went popular as well, and before YouTube took my page. Now, but that video went well, and a lot of black men said, I agree. While you got every time you show a black woman Kamala Harris, while you got to show them twerking, blue shaking and all that. But but you claim black women, which is a lot. Black women are the most educated. No, black women on the most enrolled, not the most educated. Any statistical break that down. So that's a lot. But that's the lot they tell people in black churches and stuff. Oh black women are the most educated, They're not Asians. White women still dominate that dominated. But my wife she's okay with it. That's one thing about And a lot of people don't know. When I have to go do speeches or something, my wife get my kids together, she's there too. But a lot everybody keep cleaning your wife fans white. The first thing black folks want to try to do is always try to somehow be grady feels white. So if she was Barack Obama, Mama white, you ain't got a farm with that white woman raising the black man. But my point was, my wife is Blackassesn't that my wife before? My wife? I joke, but my wife black man Asus Spade, So I'm but that's what my wife. She's okay, she's okay. All see. She ever tell me if you're telling the truth, I ain't no way I can get mad. Just don't exaggerating.
Speaker 1: Well, good, good luck, because I'm sure they're gonna try to cancel today, so we'll sell.
Speaker 8: All of course. But I'm staying clean on TikTok. I'm avoiding certain words my man told me to avoid. I think I'd be good hopefully. All right.
Speaker 2: All right, well, if people want to see the video, I retweeted Elon's tweet. There at Casey on the radio. They can check that out.
Speaker 1: All right, Jamal, appreciate the I call this morning. I'm th on with that, and then you know, deal with the lunatics.
Speaker 2: All right, seven forty four.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's see what's driving people actually lunatics. Yeah right here, so right, not say any shit coming by, but have to wake Forest up in his hood. They're they like all the soul rocks out like for two days. They've just been banging around and it's just your driving.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that before. They've been prepping the roads for two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're getting ready.
Speaker 1: So uh, you know, I don't deliver, man, If you don't deliver the city wake Forest suit you.
Speaker 12: Well, there might already be a little little snow at temperatures across the area are right around freezing and lower right now. So this little batch of pre sip coming through the Triangle and the Triad right now, especially right around and on either side of you know, Rallying points North and then Winston Salm, Greensboro points north. I was probably in the form of some snow. It's probably sticking, although that little batch comes on through. So it is snow this morning with some sleet and rain mixed in I forty in south, the better opportunities of seeing rain right around I forty and north better opportunities to see snow and.
Speaker 3: Winter weather advisories with us.
Speaker 12: So it's going to get slick, and temperatures will hover right around freezing probably all day, and that mix will continue into tonight, become more scattered this afternoon and tonight, but even tomorrow morning it's another little burst of snow showers that may try to come through. So it kind of comes in a few waves, and with temperatures this morning thirty two or lower, i'd say travel cautiously with his batch of pricip coming through right now, roads will probably slicken up pretty quick, especially if they have not been treated side streets and your driveway for example.
Speaker 3: Right there is more rain though south, so.
Speaker 12: You get down to Davidson County and head down areas to the west and south of that looks like temperatures are above freezing. So it's kind of a fine line to where you go during the day today where we'll have the snow and some sleep, and then we'll have in the rain which is further south, occasional snow tonight and tomorrow morning. As I said, more scattered, but there may be a little burst late tonight early tomorrow, and with temperatures down in the low twenties, it's gonna get icy tonight. Tomorrow morning's gonna be as the opportunity to be pretty treacherous with slush and wet road surfaces already from today and tonight freezing over and becoming icy tomorrow morning, and then mid thirties blustering cold tomorrow afternoon, teens Tomorrow night, Friday Sunnay near forty degrees. So I think today, tonight and especially early tomorrow morning, that's when we're gonna have the worst of our weather, as it'll get icy pretty quick. I think once the sun sets tonight, even this morning, we may see some slick travel winter weather advisories, I believe it or not. To the northeast again, another chance of seeing maybe four to six inches of snow in northeastern corners of the state. But I think here it's gonna be around an injured to south of I forty, probably gonna be a little bit less to just a plane rain.
Speaker 3: The further south you go, probably.
Speaker 1: Would be irresponsible to try to do a show tomorrow safety issue.
Speaker 2: Huh good.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Probably would be a safety issue and irresponsible to try to do a show in the morning.
Speaker 2: Huh good. Well, I mean I'll be here, yeah, but you're not. You know you live in Atlanta. I'm just saying, like you.
Speaker 12: Know, well, I don't want to get into the back of the day. When the blizzard of ninety six, I drove up and down Hunter Mountain in my trial.
Speaker 3: I I don't know, people just forgot how to drive.
Speaker 2: It's manager, I mean you can. You just got to be careful, be speed dem very good. All right, we'll talk in an hour.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. There you go, Race Agic from the Weather Channel. Good bringing the timeline to the doom and gloom and insanity. Obviously, schools have large already made their decision. Many of your kids not in schools today and obviously won't be tomorrow, probably will be the rest of the week if we get some decent snow, but we will.
Speaker 2: We will continue, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show, watch out for the Bobcats. Apparently they're going crazy on the Although consider this dude's name, I don't I don't want a name, shame, but like you gotta probably got a answer, bro, and this this what a damage relationship? What a what a crazy headline. So we'll get to that in your calls coming up case O Day radio program. But what CNN's endgame is. So CNN decided to have a quote trans athlete on and but they wanted to set up this scenario and I think they knew exactly where it was going to go, right because they think that this puts Trump in a box somewhere and they're like, well, why won't Trump meet with this trans athlete.
Speaker 2: We'll let them come on and uh go out of the air and demand it.
Speaker 1: And it's like there's about zero but who knows, maybe it's not zero per se, because sometimes Trump will just do things because he thinks it'll be a you know, it'll be a positive or something. I don't know that there's any win here, but CNN creating this scenario so they can do follow up reports going in the Trump Administration's never answered for request what what what? What is the benefit of meeting with this individual? This is not somebody who clearly wants a debate and is willing to accept that there are people who have different.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on this. It's just the the whole thing is just gross. Let me play the audio from.
Speaker 13: This Yes, as a transgender woman in the United States at the moment, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 14: So I'm black, I'm a woman, and I'm transgender, and I'm an athlete.
Speaker 2: Your biological.
Speaker 14: Different is a target, especially in America.
Speaker 13: How has life changed or has life changed since President Trump's inauguration.
Speaker 14: I feel like a lot of the anti trans rhetoric has become louder more in my face. You know, prior to this uh set in Stone administration, I woke up every day and I face versaries when I leave my house. Now it's I wake up every day and I have to make sure that I make it home alive.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you. I believe that you may think that I don't believe that somehow you're inherently in danger. What you are in danger of is not being allowed to necessarily participate in women's sports.
Speaker 2: As you have been.
Speaker 1: But it's also seemingly because you don't recognize or accept that there might be an argument against me.
Speaker 14: I feel like we could still have a conversation. However, I would like to be a part of that conversation. I am willing to sit down with the IOC, the USATF, NCUBA, with any of my international federations, even the Trump administration, Trump himself, if he wants to sit down with me and talk and have a human conversation and see me, because I feel as though social media is very loud, and to have a human sit across from you and have a conversation with them, it's very different. So I'm willing to have that conversation if they're willing to give me that chance.
Speaker 13: What would you say to President Trump? What would your message be?
Speaker 14: I need some explanation as to why you want to completely eradicate us from society when we've done nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: So last night Fox News there did in the interview a sit down with both Trump and Musk, and so you sent me email ask why I'm not playing all the audio from that today because it's coming. The interviewer was Sean Hannity. So I suspect if I had to guess, from about three to six this afternoon on this very station, you'll probably hear almost all of the interview, right, because I am sure handy you will be playing clip after clip talking about you know, what happened, how awesome is questions were whatever, So that'll be coming. Here's my takeaway though, because they did spend a lot of time on this.
Speaker 2: One of the things that.
Speaker 1: Hannity clearly explored is this narrative and I'm sure you've seen it right where you'll get some left wing podcaster or Twitter person or TikTok person right, and they're just like, and the wedge, the wedge is already coming to light.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Do they remember they were analyzing the still framed picture where Trump is sitting at a desk and Elon's standing up and he's explaining something. This was part of that Oval office thing last week, and they're like, see, look at the body language here, Musk is exerting his dominance over Trump, and Trump will never let it stand.
Speaker 2: And they have all these scenarios.
Speaker 1: The only thing I saw yesterday is a couple dudes who clearly enjoy each other.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Trump has a track record of unfriending people quite publicly, so I understand why that narrative gets going. But like, I didn't see anything in body language or discussion or anything that didn't that didn't say to me these two are having their best time ever. They're loving it to steal that from McDonald's. They're absolutely loving it, right, and it's in it, and it's clear that they understand their roles.
Speaker 2: Could they have a blow up someday, Sure, you're dealing with two You're dealing with two very very rich dudes who have had a lot of success, but.
Speaker 1: Are arguably very unified in the way that they're going about things because they both feel that they're being politically persecuted, and so they have that to write and they're not wrong, right, this whole narrative that they're they're doing right now where they're like, oh, Elon Musk went in to shut these departments down because they were all investigating him, and it's it's like, well, it's a self fulfilling prophecy, right, because they didn't start investigating him till he bought Twitter, and then he buys Twitter, and then you're telling me simultaneously, all these different departments under the old administration just they all start investigating him, and some of it for pure lunacy, like why isn't he hiring illegal migrants to do a spacework? Well he can't, and you know he can't, so you put it out there knowing that he is considered, for all practical purposes a weapons manufacturer because he's doing rocket technology and that's how we classify things. He couldn't just do that, but you don't care, and so you get that, and now we're going to investigate. And so we get nine separate investigations here, and this department is doing five more. And then when they're going through doing the dose, you're like, great, here's an opportunity to say that he's doing this. He did all of this because you want people to assume that he's trying to cover up massive corruption and you have nothing to point to that.
Speaker 2: All you have or what clear to be clearly appear to be.
Speaker 1: Very targeted investigations that were part of the larger law fair and you know, prosecute your political enemies. I don't even need to break down what Trump thinks he is. And people are rejecting these narratives, so you can try to drive that wedge. But I didn't see anything that backs it is part of that interview. And Sean will play all the audio, I'm sure twice, so fear not that is coming your way. Do you want to play some other audio though? Let me grab a quick phone call. Janet's been holding Jennet, go right ahead, it's ranging on.
Speaker 11: What's up that problem, casey. I was just calling in to say that as a woman who's spent my entire career in a man's world and never once dropped my knees to advance that career, it completely discusss me that Kamala was even nominated much less, but she's supported by any woman on the planet. Any will with any amount of self respect should have been insulted by her nomination.
Speaker 1: A lot of women were a lot of a lot of women uh uh did take that that approach, but they didn't feel that she had earned it to be there so and can win.
Speaker 2: So you know, maybe maybe it was enough there. All right, Well maybe will retweet you Janet.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yeah, all right, get after it, do some tiktoks today or whatever. So all right, thanks for thanks for the call there. I feel like there'd be a lot of bleeping in those, but that's okay, that's uh, you know, a little little warning there.
Speaker 2: People are fine, all right, So let me let me jump over to this real quick.
Speaker 8: Do do.
Speaker 1: One of the things that Trump did do yesterday, And frankly, I think whether it's Trump or Elon or both. I think every day if they take some moment during a any sort of press conference or event just to listen off the crazy stuff they found that day in government spending, I'd be okay with that, because Trump's got a whole list. In fact, let's get the updated version show.
Speaker 7: Where's the money being spent? Right, Let's go into that for just a second. Five hundred and twenty million dollars for a consultant.
Speaker 2: On the environment.
Speaker 7: It's called Environmental, Social and Governance investments in Africa and mobilized private sector resources. Five hundred and twenty million dollars. Somebody got five hundred and twenty million dollars for an environmental sounds like an environmental studies most I've always been one study a lot of money from my environmental studies. But they you know, I played like fifty thousand dollars, not five hundred and twenty million. Five hundred and twenty million dollars for ESG Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: They a system that was created and is so complex to essentially guard businesses from not being woke if they want access capital and they have to bring somebody in to help them go through at a governmental level to make sure that they're falling in line with this for public partner private public private partnerships. A half billion dollars, again one microphone in one Democrat's face, with one example of this going.
Speaker 2: All right, I know you're saying it's all AIDS, MED and baby food, but clearly some of this money's going for this.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this is a good expenditure and then make them defend it, but no, they're not being put in that position.
Speaker 7: Twenty five million dollars to promote biodiversity conservation and promote illicit livelihoods by developing socially responsible behavior in the country of Columbia. Well, it's nice. Twenty five million. Do you onto Columbia to create biomeversity?
Speaker 1: Do you understand how biodiverse the rainforest is? Do you understand how biodiverse even if you're not quote unquote in the rainforest, just being at the foot of the Andes Is and in the valleys that make up much of the country of Columbia. Bogatas sits right on the Andies matazine and those areas. More populated areas up to and including like Cali and Carctagena and some of the others are just an expansion of the river system from the Andes. It's one of the most biodiverse places in the world. What do you need a consultant in there to tell you about?
Speaker 7: I heard of forty million dollars to improve the social and economic inclusion of sedentary migrants forty million. Forty two million dollars for John Hopkins great place to research and drive social and behavior change in Uganda forty two million. What about us? What about social change in our country? Seventy million dollars for a center at Purdue to research university source evidence based solutions to develop mental challenges. I mean, these are massive numbers on things that nobody ever heard about. Ten million dollars for Mozambique voluntary medical male circumcisions.
Speaker 1: That's right, we're literally paying to chop sports cars, but not here, not here, but elsewhere elsewhere.
Speaker 2: We're paying to chop sports cars.
Speaker 7: Nine point seven million dollars for UC Berkeley to develop a cohort of Cambodian youth with enterprise driven skills. In other words, let's teach them something about enterprise. What about our people? Can we teach them about enterprise? Two point three million dollars for strengthening independent Voices in Cambodia, thirty two million dollars to the Prout Civil Society Center, which is a very liberal group of people.
Speaker 1: By the way, these NGOs that are that are getting gored in this situation. Every story, and I want you to track every story always leads to the same conclusion, well, now we got to shut down, we can't do this thing. We do this, and then it's not even an accurate description of what they're doing. My question is if the totality of your funding for your NGO was the money by the federal government and you don't have revenue sources from anywhere else, how are you nothing more than just a grifter at that point?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: This isn't like organizations that where this is part of their funding. They keep having these examples where it's all of their funding, because that tells me that you set up this thing purely to get a carve out from the Feds. To a sense, create essentially create yourself busy work. And if you're not actively fundraising elsewhere, I also I question your commitment to this. Why couldn't that money have been channeled through other organizations? It sounds like this was something set up, so.
Speaker 2: It was a creative job. Create an NGO.
Speaker 1: And if all your money is just this federal carve out what deep roots does your organization, your advocacy have none, none your holy and it's because you probably had somebody up the food chain is part of allocating this money who basically created this for you.
Speaker 2: This is why I said, this whole.
Speaker 1: Thing is being exposed as essentially a slush fund for Democrat pet projects. Every NGO whose totality of funding is this single line item from the federal government and now they don't choose to exist, was probably not a useful NGO, not the best way to tackle a quote unquote problem.
Speaker 2: That's what it says to me.
Speaker 7: I wonder how much of that money came back to the people that approved it. Fourteen million dollars for improving public procurement in Serbia, four hundred and eighty six million dollars to the Consortium for Elections and Political Process Strengthening, including twenty two million for inclusive and participatory political process in Moldova and twenty one million dollars for a voter turnout in India.
Speaker 2: I saw people. We were upset too, and that, well, he's just reading a list.
Speaker 1: Yes, how would you expect anyone to have a mental track of every single one of these projects? Of course he's reading a list. You know why because every item is more insane than the next one, and he wants to keep him straight. And why does he have a giant list in front of him that he could do four audio cuts worth?
Speaker 7: Well, why are we giving twenty one million dollars to India? They got a lot of money. They're the one of the highest taxing countries in the world in terms of us. We can hardly get in there because their tariffs are so high.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, what do you what do you think he's going to have to do?
Speaker 1: And he could do this every single day, and that's the bigger problem every single day. And not one question to one Democrat lawmaker going do you think this is a good use of money?
Speaker 7: It's twenty million dollars for fiscal federalism in Nepal. Listen to these numbers, he said, this is all fraud. Nineteen million dollars for biodiversity conservation in Nepal. One point five million dollars for voter confidence. We want to give them confidence in Liberia, fourteen million dollars for social cohesion in Male two point five million dollars for inclusive democracies in South Africa, forty seven million dollars for improving learning outcomes in Asia. Asians doing very well, by.
Speaker 1: The way, that money we're sending for, you know, social programs and democracy in South Africa?
Speaker 2: How's that working out right now?
Speaker 1: Redistributing land, having sing alongs about killing white farmers. Our own state department literally just expanded the ability for white South Africans to essentially claim asylum here because it's getting so icy?
Speaker 2: Is that money well spent? Doesn't sound like.
Speaker 7: They're doing a lot better than we do in the schools, aren't they? Two million dollars to develop sustainable recycling models to increase socioeconomic cohesion among marginalized communities in Kosovo.
Speaker 1: All things that are just made up so somebody can have a job. That's how the public sees this, Oh, because all it takes you know, what does your organization do we do sustainable blah blah blah in such and such place that you probably couldn't find on a map. And for the lo low price of fifteen million, only half of which are probably less actually goes to the things, and they're not even really useful things. But hey, I've got a three hundred thousand dollars year gig is ahead of this thing, and I'm living the dream and I can do all the social manipulating I want.
Speaker 7: Collie, And in Egypt, we're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 6: I could.
Speaker 7: I could, by the way I read this all day long. I could go on all day long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he could do it probably every day and not repeat himself. And then he'll say something in there like you heard him say, you go, well, this is theft, and David Dale from CNN or somebody, well, we're gonna have to fact check him because it's actually not theft, because it's within the boundaries of the discretion of the head of the blah blah blah, who at the time thought it was a good use of people.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're missing the point. While it may not technically legally be theft, people see it as theft.
Speaker 1: Just because you've manipulated the you know, the rules there, doesn't mean it's not a betrayal of how people thought you were spending that money. People thought foreign aid money was going for food and medicine and kids in Africa who are emaciated, who have flies in their face, Okay, because that's what people see on TV and they emotionally want to help.
Speaker 2: And I understand that, right.
Speaker 1: You see somebody who's having a really tough go of it, and emotionally you sit there and you go, you know, I'm by world standards, I've done well for myself.
Speaker 2: What can I do to help?
Speaker 1: And then you hear that these NGOs and these organizations are there, and some of them are and they're doing really important work. And it's nose to the grindstone stuff and I don't dispute that, but the rest of it is this stuff. And then when you go, hey, well maybe we shouldn't have this stuff, people go, why are you trying to starve the kids? People aren't buying it. They should read these lists every day all day until one Democrat lawmaker by one mainstream media journalist is asked to justify it.
Speaker 2: I'll hold my breath, but I wouldn't join me. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: So sadly, as predicted, or at least don't predicted as much as it was a concern that was raised the remaining US hostages do not appear all to be alive. And boy, the way that ABC News chose to word this tweet, Hamas as a will release four deceased hostages Thursday and six living hostages on Saturday, both Hamas and Israel confirmed, and then four more dead hostages will be released next week.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: And it's a little bit equivling here with the language, I mean, technically releasing the bodies. But it's like, you know, you could, you could word it that way, but also shouldn't that really be the main staple of the of the thing here, because it's not just quote unquote deceased dead hostages.
Speaker 2: Some would argue that those are murdered hostages. So there's that.
Speaker 1: And two of them are kids, and I don't mean like older kids, I mean like some would argue that they are babies or toddlers. You know, this this argument that we all got into of oh well they or not this videos doc during this language is inflammatory because they're totally not murdering kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, apparently they starved at.
Speaker 1: Least two of them to death, I think is probably what they're They're theorizing that the two youngest may have suffered. But that's what we're talking about, and that's one of the big reasons that Hamas was sitting there very hesitant to go.
Speaker 2: Along with the you know, the whole uh, the whole thing. What are they doing out there? Geez man, Sorry, there's some crazy noise going on in the periphery there.
Speaker 1: Plus Ross's studio is lit up like it's a mine expedition out in front because they have all these like standing floodlights and stuff.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: I came in this morning and they're like they're untripods, these giant flood lights. Yeah, hallway because it.
Speaker 1: Would use for like a work site outside somewhere, for like an archaeological dick.
Speaker 5: All the main lights are off and like the drop ceilings are off, the panels and ensie a wiring and all the plumbing and stuff. And it's just this morning from my window there was like three or four of them like focused. Oh and I came in here to read some copy for commercial and I couldn't it was so bright, like it's it's like trying to do radio from the surface of the sun. Yeah, they're also like yellow, and I feel like, I don't know, if you're familiar with it, But I feel like I'm in like Resident Evil, like in the video game where like wherever you see yellow, that's where you're supposed to go, and they go down the hallway these yellow lights.
Speaker 1: I've never seen in Resident Evil going anywhere? Was a good idea, yeah, pretty much all bad? Yes, yeah, like do you want to deal with the undead dogs or do you want to deal with the undead former dog owners? Yeah, it's a video game you're playing now that you're Are you still doing that thing?
Speaker 5: Kingdom Come Deliverance too? It's amazing. Okay, it's so great.
Speaker 2: Is there demon dogs in it?
Speaker 5: Or they're just regular dogs?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: It takes place in a people are telling me it's like fifteen hundreds Bohemia. I think it's like a modern day Europe simulator. But I mean we, you know, agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: Okay, he actually think modern day Europe is a lot like fifteen hundred UK.
Speaker 2: You're so okay, all right, and so what do you do? You just run around pre and knocking people all day or heating dragons?
Speaker 5: I mean, well, have no dragons? Oh no, it's like a modern day thing. Well that would be a modern Europe, right, So the dragons aren't there, I.
Speaker 1: See, okay, all right, what he's doing on his Twitch stream, they're running around, not slain dragons.
Speaker 2: So what is you're not slaying dragons? What do you do? You're doing like quest for the king or something.
Speaker 5: Or you're supposed to deliver a letter to a king, and believe it or not, everything bad that could possibly happen happen, and you end up naked in the woods running away from bandits and cover and it is modern day Europe, yeah, and covered in poop.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh no, it's one hundred percent basically what's going on in Spain right now, right, yeah, okay, wow, the realism absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: You don't do anything in the game like in that that nest frought to remake you just told me about. Right, that's not in the game, is it.
Speaker 5: I mean they do have bathhouses, they do, okay.
Speaker 2: All right, they have orgy boats, any orgy.
Speaker 5: But you have to come across them. Okay, it's a ten ten game. It's a great game.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm glad, glad you're excited about that.
Speaker 1: So wouldn't would want, you know, if you don't have the money to go to modern day Europe and basically see what you know, the empire is falling.
Speaker 2: You can just play this video game that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Or or I guess you can try to fight off the rabbit attacks of Rando bobcats.
Speaker 2: What the heck's going on? In Person?
Speaker 1: County Man Greg Slaughter, who lives near Mayo Lake, suffered bites, scrapes, and claw marks from the waist up after he was attacked by a bobcat. It happened Tuesday, or actually, I'm sorry, they confirmed it Tuesday, and they did confirm too, the bobcat tested positive for rabies, so you know, now he gets to deal with all the fun there. It happened around one thirty on Sunday. Slaughter said he was walking to his garage when he heard a yelp from a neighbor dog. He looks up and there's a bobcat about one hundred and fifty yards away, and all of a sudden, the keys in on him, and it's like, which sucks. Even though Bobcat's very small, comparably they are. They're among one of the more vicious things I've ever had to deal with.
Speaker 2: Crazy vicious. If you got one in a live trap too, watch out, man. But now you get this thing.
Speaker 1: He's all juiced up on his steroids coming after this dude, and all he can do is he's sitting there in his slippers, right, He's got to try to grab this thing is it's launching at his face.
Speaker 2: Man, So that's what he did.
Speaker 1: Slaughter said he was knocked to the ground out of his slippers, able to pin the bobcat. Here's the problem, dude, I'm not necessarily knocking on you because clearly this took you by his prit Your last name is Slaughter, bro, your slaughter, that's your name, man.
Speaker 2: But you can't let you can't let.
Speaker 1: Mother nature get the best of you. You wrap all of us and your last name slaughter.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how he come back. It sounds like he did go ahead and grab a gun.
Speaker 1: And had pushed the cat away, fired a shot, didn't care, didn't hit it, and then the wildlife control was able to track it down because they're not really hiding or anything at that point because they're all again, they're all juiced up on the rabies.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Godwin said, you're a big but how are you most likely to get attacked? According to h Sergeant Tim Godwin of the North Carolina Wildlife Commission. Uh, you're basically most bobcat attacks happen when hunters are in the woods pretending to be turkeys, which I guess makes sense, right, because they're like, man, what does that sounds delicious?
Speaker 2: Let's go see that thing. But for the most part, if a bobcat sees you, it ain't gonna mess with you. It just wants to get away. But yeah, you got you. You know, heal up right, get all the do all the raby stuff you gotta do. That sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for you, but I feel like we're gonna have to get out there and I don't know, represent man or would take that last name from you. Get out there and remind my mother nature what the top of the food chain looks like. Hey, sometimes you got to do these things, all right? This is this is just absolute insanity. Actually, hold on, let me know if Ray's ready, because we're I need a little more time with him, and then we got fill in for Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: I will get to this story, though. Let me tease it. Do the Internet. Just take the Internet from your kids.
Speaker 1: Teen dies after injecting himself with butterfly remains as part of online challenge.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I wonder what the result of that was.
Speaker 2: Well, he died.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't catch that part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he died.
Speaker 1: So challenge he like, hey, this really poisonous butterfly. Catch one, kill it and then mix it into a potion and then inject it into your body.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so yeah, which he did, and.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't because people don't shouldize some of these are pretty poisonous.
Speaker 3: So he just well, yeah, and the result is death, so you certainly.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want to. But that I guess he won the challenge. So that's well, what's important.
Speaker 3: Trophy will forever stand somewhere in his honor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll fill you in on that.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately, in this insanity, which is costing school time, probably your ability to go in and out of work. And frankly, and with the exception of just a few people, you're you're living, you're seeing as the preparations so far, so when does the healthscape begin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so far.
Speaker 12: As you'd mentioned, it's it's been spotty in and across Wake Durham, Franklin County. Some precip showing up on radar may not be reaching the surface. But it is at or below freezing, so if there is some light snow or sleet that may be sticking in some spots. But then back toward the west, we're just starting to see and through Winston Salem and near high Point and down toward Lexington some precipitation that's a little bit more steady, starting to potentially reach the ground there. Temperatures are near or below freezing. Also until you get into Salisbury to the south and down Interstate eighty five, where it's thirty three thirty four degrees, So there's a line from the Triad to the Triangle and right across you could say I forty give or take where in and around within a few miles on either side of it, that's cold enough for snow and maybe some sleep. Continue to spread west to east, and then south of that today it's a sleep freezing rain and then just a plain rain as you go further south towards Charlotte and also southwest, so winter weather advisories with the snow maybe mixing with some sleep or even some plane rain down to the south.
Speaker 3: Accumulating maybe up to an inch or so as we head through today.
Speaker 12: That's probably a little aggressive, but tonight, when it gets colder, could see another inch or so of snow and sleet accumulating again to the south lest but to the northeast of the triangle there will be more where there are winter store mornings in place, so we will have to be on the lookout for that. But what I'm concerned about, especially tonight, is that it's going to get down to the low twenties across the reed, and that could mean even if the precipitation is light, it's gonna stick, and if the roads are slushy or wet, they're gonna freeze over and it's gonna be pretty icy tomorrow morning. Two case, so we're gonna have to be on lookout for that. I think that does happen, and then in the afternoon we only get to the mid thirties where the gusty winds, so frigid day Tomorrow, Tomorrow night we're in the teens.
Speaker 3: Friday we barely get to forty.
Speaker 12: So starting to see some of that precipt Now it kind of comes in like batches, so you get a little bit of rain and snow and sleet, and then it kind of breaks up a bit, and then it comes down a little bit harder, but you know it's not gonna snow or do anything for like hours and hours on end, So so a little should stay fairly light, coating to up to an inch or two in around the Triad and the triangle northeast where the warning is there could be maybe four six inches of snows. The low gets a little stronger in northeastern parts of North Carolina and southeast Virginia and throw some moisture in from the Atlantic.
Speaker 3: So you know it's gonna be.
Speaker 12: Tough for the next twenty four maybe thirty six hours, but after that cold will stay, but the sun will be back and by next week we'll be back in the sixties.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you very much to appreciate it, sir and Ross. I guess we'll have to go ahead and get it out of the garage.
Speaker 5: Cac O Day Radio program.
Speaker 14: I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Very excited. It's been a while.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know what that's about, I'll explain coming up and we'll check in with the folks from Bloomberg next hang on, and since Jeff is off doing I don't know, Jeff things we welcome, I don't even know what those would be. We welcome his feeling. Good morning, sir. What's going on there?
Speaker 2: It's no fun. I can't tweak Jeff just a little.
Speaker 15: So Jeff, he's a workaholic. He's probably somehow foind a way to still be working on his vacation.
Speaker 1: We've always tried to figure out what his hobbies are, Like, what does Jeff do when Jeff's not around?
Speaker 2: Then? I don't know? Yeah, do not know? Sorry, the constant struggle. All right, So what do you got for us this morning?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Big a round of fundraising for Elon Musks.
Speaker 15: He's trying to raise forty four billion dollars from investors now to help fund his social platform X. That's what he paid for it back in twenty twenty two, forty four billion dollars, which would mark a turnaround for that company. His relationship, of course, with President Trump, has changed the perception of the platform's prospects. Some investors are betting that his role as a confident of the United States president now will give a boost to his businesses, probably more than just X and Ford is eliminating its stock award bonuses for about half of its approximate thirty three hundred middle managers. Now that says, Ford continues to try to boost his performance amid declining profits and with threatens of higher tariffs now even higher than they were by President Trump of up to twenty five percent. They're trying to make up for that. Ford forecasting losses of upwards of two billion dollars or more this year.
Speaker 2: They're trying to.
Speaker 15: Cut a billion dollars in costs for twenty twenty five. And we got some bad news for chocolate lovers. Executives at Hershey's and Madale's are signaling more more price increases are coming. Yeah, just in time for Easter. Cocoa prices are just not coming down. The head of Mandalze tells one consumer conference group. The company's keeping an eye on demand and they're implementing some significant price increases.
Speaker 2: Consumers will have to get used to it. They warn.
Speaker 15: Chocolate will be thirty, forty, even fifty percent more expensive than it used to be.
Speaker 2: Last year. Cocoa price is nearly tripled.
Speaker 15: And finally, case those threats of new tariffs as high as twenty five percents got some investors in a cautious mood this morning. Yesterday, the S and P saw a record high, but it's in renting negative territory now down more than a tenth. Nasdaq futures also down by a tenth, and Down futures are lower by around two tenths.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott Carr filling in for Jeff and we'll chat with you again tomorrow, sir, have it going?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: You too?
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Scott car Bloomberg News. Hey, I have a question.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just I don't understand exactly why they're doing this, or maybe there's something that was triggering, But like, I don't understand why everyone's mad at the college Republican chick who gave that quote to Vanity Fair. I'd like to understand the part where it's like, why are you talking to Vanity Fair? Clearly, if you are, in this case, the chapter at NYU University, if you're ahead of your college Republican or if you're a Republican official for that matter, chances are a Vanity Fair wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: It is not for your benefit. Okay.
Speaker 1: This is why I tell these politicians, if Aril calls, you don't answer them, why would you feed the beast of people out who have gone outside of the way that journalism is supposed to work and are clearly one sided in their pursuit of hating on you. That being said, this statement that this young woman made when when she was asked about Baron Trump, I don't understand how it's supposed to be hateful to the point where they've now just she's resigned because they had people up and the party telling her we probably got to resign after this thing you said. So, she was asked about Baron Trump, who's you know, goes to college there, that's all, and she made she made what I thought was a pretty innocuous statement. She basically said that Baron is quote an oddity, and she didn't mean that in a negative way. If you listen to her whole statement, she said, quote, he's a bit of an oddity on campus.
Speaker 2: He goes to class, then he goes right home.
Speaker 1: And at first they accused her of making fun of Baron because he doesn't I guess dorm there, but most of the business students don't. And what she's saying is he's a college student who everybody knows.
Speaker 2: She goes.
Speaker 1: She goes on to document how people they see him on campus, They take pictures of him, which has to be really.
Speaker 2: Weird, right, not with him, of him, and he just goes and and you know, he's the president's.
Speaker 1: Feasibly, he could show up with an ego a mile wide, he could party all the time, it could be injurious, but he's not.
Speaker 2: He comes to class, he does his thing, he goes home. And she didn't say it like he's he's weird, or he's you know, in a negative way. She said it like, you know, it's not what you would expect.
Speaker 1: And obviously he's much taller than most people, so he obviously sticks out there as well.