Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Live in Chicago for the Democratic National Convention Day three.
Speaker 1: Did you know that every state delegation had its own walk up song last night? Some of them making sense, some of them not making sense. We'll get into it. For example, Arkansas's walk up song was Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac reference to President Clinton, who used this as a campaign song in nineteen ninety two. A little call back there, of course, Clinton coming from Arkansas. One that did not make as much sense. Sweet Home Alabama for Alabama by Lynyrd Skinnyard. It's a nice name, it's a nice tune, but the lyrics were in response to a song by Neil Young that decried the legacy of slavery in the Jim Crow South.
Speaker 3: So I don't know many leave that one out.
Speaker 4: They didn't read about that.
Speaker 2: Tonight, of course, is going to be a huge coming out party for Governor Tim Walls, for him to introduce himself not just to Democrats, but Independence and anybody who will listen.
Speaker 1: He seems like he's going to be the attack dog for the Democrats joining.
Speaker 2: Us now to talk more about this and what other things we can expect tonight. Alex Gangatano from the Hill. Alex, thanks again for taking time for us today.
Speaker 5: Hi from Chicago. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're right next door to us, and you probably are so so Tim Walls, I read this earlier today. Tim Walls had to tell the Kamala Harris campaign that until they called him, he had never used a teleprompter before in any speech that he's ever given. What are we going to expect from from the governor tonight?
Speaker 5: That's right, His stories like that are you know. I covered Tim Wats when he was a member of Congress years ago, and I was covering Congress and he was someone who would talk to the press and he would always be chatting with other lawmakers. He really is just authentically Tim Wallas and is happy to just chat with whoever you know, wants to hear from him. And so I'm not surprised by that telepropter comment because he just, you know, speaks like a He's a teacher and a coach and someone who just speaks off the cups. So you know, tonight he'll have to practice his telepropter skills before his big speech. But I think it's going to be a mix of both his authenticity, his Midwestern charm tonight, but also this attack dog role that he's taking on. I think Harris really wanted him on the ticket because of the way that he can just simply and bluntly talk about Donald Trump and Senator Vance, you know, calling them weird. Like he doesn't get too in the weeds about you know, policy or or why he you know, uh thinks these people are a threat to democracy or whatever else, which is kind of the tactic that Biden had taken on against them, but instead just uh try to just attack them on really you know, simple terms that he hopes that Americans can resonate with. So we'll see, you know what his introduction also of to America is this is like one of the first times a lot of voters are going to hear from him. And so how much will he explain his background? I think they're going to play up that he was.
Speaker 6: A coach a lot.
Speaker 5: That's something that they find really fun, his Midwestern background and just again try to be as you know, charming and authentic as he can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the themes here has been happy warriors. When we went to the California delegates breakfast yesterday, that's a phrase we kept hearing repeatedly from people.
Speaker 3: We're all just happy warriors, and so he's got to kind of be a happy attack.
Speaker 5: Dog, right, That's right, that's his thing. He's joyful. He's a happy warrior. But he's also someone who's not afraid to call out, you know, something from you know, Vans, and so it's a balance that he's been able to strike. Whereas, you know, I think it also power back lence is Harris a bit. You know, Harris is.
Speaker 7: Serious and wants to show that she's focused on policy and she's you know, focused on preserving democracy, which is something that her boss Center or President Biden was so is so focused on as well, Whereas Walls.
Speaker 5: Can be kind of this you know, joyful warrior, happy warrior persona, and so far, I think it's working for them. When you see them on the trail together, they do kind of balance out one another.
Speaker 2: You said that he seems to be the one that's going to go after h Trump in vance, and he's going to use the words like weird and creepy and not get bogged down with policy discussions if you know him, is he capable of having those policy discussions?
Speaker 4: Is he, you know, a policy wonk when he needs to be?
Speaker 5: You know he is. During the Obama administration, when he was serving in Congress, he was from a heavy agriculture district in Minnesota and was really serious about, you know, pushing back on some more progressive climate agenda items that Obama was pushing at the time, ones that you know, he wanted to push back on them in order to defend farmers from his district. So he definitely when it's time to get in the weeds when it comes to defending his district in particular, Minnesota now in particular, and then I guess the whole country if he becomes vice president, he does get into the weeds. I think we're going to hear him talk a lot about what he's done in Minnesota for migrants. He made college tuition free for immigrants, what kind of you know, standards he expects that should happen across the board nationally to support immigrants. And then we are going to hear him talk a lot about reproductive rice. He's talked about his imfertility challenges yes, he did mention that he him and his wife went through IVF when really they went through another form of infertility treatment. Whereas that's something that now he's been attacked from Republicans on. So I think he's going to get a little more in the weeds about that to try to defend that, but also in the weeds about you know that we need more legislation to support women who are having fertility challenges. Just across the board.
Speaker 1: Alex Gangitano is our guest. She writes for The Hill White House Correspondent. And do you think anyone's going to bring up Gaza tonight or tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a big question. So tomorrow, I think that Vice President Harris definitely has to bring it up. I think she will in short term.
Speaker 6: We in a short.
Speaker 5: Kind of quick way of doing it. We heard from President Biden when he brought it up. It was like two or three lines on it. He said that he, you know, respects the protesters outside in Chicago during his speech, but also that you know, before the ceasefire deal has to be you know, agreed to so that this war can end. I think we're going to see Harris acknowledge it. Do that same kind of in that same kind of way, but at the same time, she doesn't want to distract from other issues like the economy and abortion that she's really ready to talk about.
Speaker 1: Not for her.
Speaker 5: If we will hear Tim Walls talk about it, he's definitely in a phase right now trying to navigate how to discuss it. Minnesota is a big Arab and Muslim American population state, and he's, you know, navigating how to speak about it in broad terms nationally when he's used to knew Minnesota politics. But you know, we could maybe hear a Bill Clinton talk about it, or another more seasoned Democrat who can speak, you know, in broad terms on a national level about it. So I'm sure it will come up in one sense, but I think if it doesn't tonight, it definitely will tomorrow with the Vice President, because I do think she just has to address it.
Speaker 2: Alex, great stuff, Thanks for taking time for us today.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Alex Agan Chatano there again from the bill she mentioned. Tim Walls, of course, is going to be the keynote.
Speaker 4: She mentioned.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton, former president is going to speak. Transportation Secretary Pete Bootage is going to speak boot Edge Edge, I don't know if this brings as much energy as last night.
Speaker 1: No, it does not. Nothing's going to compare to the Obama.
Speaker 4: There's got to be a drop off.
Speaker 2: Yes, tonight here in Chicago, and a longtime friend of the show, I like to say, Oh, Kennedy. I hear Kennedy Saves the World podcast and all over Fox products, and she's here as well to will for moral support.
Speaker 4: I assume for us that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nice when we see friends here and we can just grab them and then it feels like home, right because we get to see you all the time on television. Also feeling like home. And when you're away in a foreign city for many.
Speaker 3: Days, did you bring your passport? A little?
Speaker 5: Home?
Speaker 3: Feels good?
Speaker 1: It really does it, does it?
Speaker 4: Does you know?
Speaker 1: I saw Morgan Wood from the Black Information Network this morning in the lobby and she was eating a a cup of noodle and I said to myself, gosh, darn, that looks delightful.
Speaker 3: It looks like comfort.
Speaker 1: And you right now are the physical form of the cup of noodles. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Less sodium slightly.
Speaker 8: You know, it's higher than you'd think, but lower than advertised.
Speaker 4: So we've okay, we've been talking before.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we actually talked with former mayor Lori Lightfoot.
Speaker 4: She was describing what she saw.
Speaker 2: On Monday Night's events, that the tablet of speakers and how energetic the room was.
Speaker 4: Last night.
Speaker 2: The Obamas speak and they take it up a little bit more from what Monday Night was. I don't know if Tim Wallas is going to bring the same kind of energy tonight.
Speaker 3: What are we folks?
Speaker 4: What do we take?
Speaker 3: I have a fun Tim wall story.
Speaker 8: Okay, So there is a Pennsylvania delegate who does not live in Pennsylvania and is not from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's legal.
Speaker 1: She didn't seem to think it was legal.
Speaker 8: And she told a crowded vehicle full of people that she was a dee I hire for the Pennsylvania delegation. And then someone showed her a picture and said, is this Tim Walls? And she said, I don't really know what he looks like. To me, He's just the generic white guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that brings true for me for every protest I've ever covered with labor organizations, where you go and they're all wearing the same T shirt and they have the same box lunch and you're like, hey, what are you doing here? What are you fighting for? And they're like, I don't know. I just got on the bus here. I was just lost here. I have no idea what I'm doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, No, they've just been It's like those buses are the small intestine of the progressive movement. They just sort of move the crap around from one convention to the next protest.
Speaker 1: But the optics are good because when you see those protests with everyone in the same T shirt, you think, wow, unity, And that's kind of what this whole thing has been this week is just optics and the movie that they're screening for the whole country.
Speaker 3: And it's so joyful.
Speaker 8: It's so joyful, and those policy positions are just impressive, really drilling down on the economic message.
Speaker 4: When is she going to do an interview? When is Kamala Harris going to do an interview with anybody?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, we hear she's not doing the Fox News debate, which I think would be very very good for her to expose herself to those critical independent voters in swing states who hate.
Speaker 3: Everyone and they don't know where they land to be. We're not getting any exposure at all.
Speaker 1: She's not exposing her forearms to us now, Like she came out on.
Speaker 4: A political birkop it is and.
Speaker 3: It's hot in here.
Speaker 1: August eighth, she came out and she said I'll do it by the end of the month.
Speaker 3: That was on the eighth, Like, that's ridiculous, it's now the twenty first.
Speaker 1: Just sit down, just run to a microphone anywhere and just get it out of the way. Yes, I mean, don't you think that she's been like in a boot camp, like figuring out how to answer questions.
Speaker 3: Off the cuff.
Speaker 8: Yes, And so they have these prepackaged, scripted teleprompter events so people her surrogates can come out and go, I think she's doing amazing, right, Like she's better on the stump than I've ever seen her. And it's like yes, because she has freestyle one sentence about Joe Biden getting some hostages released.
Speaker 4: From Russian prisons.
Speaker 8: It was it was like a sentence and a half and she still managed to completely biff that.
Speaker 2: I wonder she's looking for the boys bathroom to put those tampons.
Speaker 1: No tapsco run, Wait, what's wearing on? Where are the fellas? Oscar go find out what's going on with those tampons.
Speaker 8: Seriously going to I hope she's a rabble rouser and during the Walls speech she's gonna be like she's just going But you know what, this, this this ticket is leaning so much into they're probably going to have dancing male tampons on the stage during his speech and it's probably going to.
Speaker 3: Be that French pole vaulter if you know what.
Speaker 1: Man, that was a lot okay, really was.
Speaker 2: But in the event that, are you going to stick around for Tomorrow night too?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I will be here.
Speaker 8: I'm actually I'm covering this for the Daily Mail, where I'm a Cools.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I love the Daily Mail the joy it brings to my life.
Speaker 2: Then did you think they messed up I having Biden go on Monday night as opposed to Thursday night to introduce.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 1: I think that Joe Biden isn't happy with that.
Speaker 8: I think everyone else is pretty delighted because, like Kamala's first interview, they just wanted to get that one out of the way.
Speaker 1: Hey Kennedy, who was more pissed off Biden or Gavin Newsom last night? Oh my gosh, I mean, did he not just look pissed off.
Speaker 8: So his whole thing like he has to pretend like he's really excited for Kamala I win. There is no one in the country who is more excited about the prospect of a Kamala Harris lost, maybe Donald Trump or Don Trump Junior, like he really wants her to lose. Gavin Newsom is crossing his fingers and his toes and his veneers like anything he can well.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why he went to that encampment in La and started ruining that must man's.
Speaker 3: Life is because he needs attention. You know, he's throwing a tantrum.
Speaker 1: It's like he the idea that they could win, Kamala could win, and then sitting there for another four years, his window is closing.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's that's eight years of irrelevancy because after her, because I.
Speaker 3: Think she has a very good chance of winning.
Speaker 8: After her, there they will need a palate cleanser, so they will need like the canalope sorbet after Kama hair So a Republican will absolutely be elected probably for eight years after her. So Newsome, if she wins, he has done done. Yeah, And it's like I know he's like young by comparison.
Speaker 3: But he's just insufferable.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's horrible.
Speaker 1: Who is that person?
Speaker 3: Even? Like, who is that guy?
Speaker 8: I don't know if it goes She's the guy who closes school for everyone, but sends his kids to school. He's the guy who closes restaurants for good, so mom and pop restaurants go.
Speaker 3: Out of business.
Speaker 8: Forever, so he can eat his his flog with pineapple foam at the French laundry, which is joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, singer is like a nineties reference.
Speaker 4: This is this is my vineyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got a vineyard because that's such a man of the people. He had a pet order for christ Sike. Can I say that on the radio?
Speaker 4: Which one the order?
Speaker 3: The Christ part?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you can here you can, okay, well for Christi Kennedy Oliver Fox. You can also find the column on a dailymail dot com.
Speaker 4: Thanks appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Great to see an action.
Speaker 3: Look at Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 1: Great to see you.
Speaker 4: That's thanks.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Looks like.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon kf I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: One of my girlfriends that I went to college with says, I watched your guys's news Nation interview. Loved it, but I love that you took Gary into the gender neutral bathrooms even more.
Speaker 4: And by the way, haven't been back, have not been back. I mean, I've got this.
Speaker 2: We've got a kind of a secret bathroom that's back here in the corner that nobody really goes to. Every time I've gone in there, it's been empty, at least the men's side.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: The women's was not empty when I went in there.
Speaker 2: Some stories that are going on outside the United Center here in Chicago. Pro Palestinian protesters are expected to continue today. Last night, at least seventy two people now arrested at the protests. The Chicago Police superintendent has said that somewhere between fifty and sixty were arrested during this morning, sorry, during this briefing this morning, but a bunch of them came from out of town.
Speaker 4: They said. Three journalists were among those.
Speaker 2: Arrested, and the Chicago chapter of the National Lawyers Guild said that the police officers acted aggressively. Yeah, that the police response was aggressive, and that people were surrounded, corralled, and that it was nearly impossible for them to leave.
Speaker 1: Kelly Meyer is the Washington correspondent for News Nation covering the White House, the campaign trail, the Pentagon spaced out of DC and Kelly, it seems like you've been able to dig up some information about what we could see leading up to Tim Walls's remarks tonight.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, and you can probably hear some of it here. I'm inside the United Center in Chicago where the DNC is taking place, and right now they're going through Mike checks and walkthroughs of the performance tonight. So that's what happens through today here as we're doing live shops for News Nation, this is happening behind the scenes. We've already seen Marylynd Governor West Moore come up and kind of do his walkthrough. Cindy Kaling is the celebrity host for tonight, but the main headlines here are former President Bill Clinton will be speaking there tonight, and then Tim Walls, the running mate for Kamala Harris, will be introducing himself to the country. He's the governor of Minnesota and this certainly be the biggest stage of his political career and of his life that he will be speaking on here tonight.
Speaker 2: One of the expectations is that Tim Walls does basically do this introduction to not just the members of the Democratic Party who may not be very familiar with him, but also independent voters and anybody else who might still be looking for a candidate to support.
Speaker 4: Is he good at that? Is he good at introducing himself? Does he have that personality? Yeah, that's the big.
Speaker 6: Question because a lot of people know Kamala Harris because she was introduced to the country as vice president with President Joe Biden. A lot of people don't know who Tim Walls is. So this is his chance to not only introduce himself his resume. He was a former high school social studies teacher, He was a former high school football coach. He had twenty four years of Army reserve. He also was a public sermon in the House for twelve years and then now as governor of Minnesota in his second term. But as you mentioned, how is he also going to talk to those independent models voters. So when he was in the House, he won that seat which was held by Republicans for over one hundred years, so he had experience in kind of making compromises being a blue congressman in a very red district. So how can he bring that to the table and maybe also reaching to bring in more, you know, white men who the Democratic Party may have trouble or have had trouble bringing kind of in in the last couple of years as they've kind of moved over more towards Trump.
Speaker 1: Kelly, we're kind of on the concourse here at the United Center. It seems like it's not as buzzy as it was yesterday ahead of the Obamas coming to town.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that got a lot of attention, especially, you know, I was inside the room as it was happening. As Michelle came out, the room rose to their feet, loved her speech, and then obviously former President Barack Obama followed her and said he made the mistake of following Michelle. So they got a lot of attention, a lot of applause, a lot of excitement. And that's interesting because especially what they were trying to hit on was trying to hone in on the same energy that they brought when they came in two thousand and eight. They said they're feeling that same thing right now, so they're really trying to bring back that Obama era excitement into the party and kind of inject that in, which is an interesting take on all of this because you do still have President Biden you know here and Harris serving in that administration, but also doing this delicate dance of trying to push the party forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this, and to your point, I think this is the letdown day it could be. I mean, I don't know what Tim Wallas is going to bring, but I don't see the Bill Clinton, Pete buddhaj Edge, Nancy Pelosi lineup as being as exciting as the Obamas were last night.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what I was talking about Bill Clinton on News Nation today and kind of going back through his old speeches, he has I think the most reps on this stage. This is his twelfth consecutive Democratic Convention speech. He has a lot of famous ones. Obviously he's older. Now we'll see how he delivers this one, but he always has delivered very famous speeches here at these conventions. So I'm interested to hear what he has to say and if he kind of bring that energy out here tonight. But he's been speaking here since nineteen eighty eight, over the last thirty six years, and then of course Tim Walls, he does have that energy people are seeing on the trail. We'll see if he brings that here tonight and gets the same kind of reaction, But to follow the Obamas is definitely had a hard task.
Speaker 1: Kelly Meyer, Washington correspondent for a News Nation. Excellent reporting per usual. Thanks for your time, Thank.
Speaker 2: You guys, and when you get a chance, come out out.
Speaker 4: And say hi.
Speaker 2: We'll be out here on the concourse, live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We're live at the United Center in Chicago for day three of the Democratic National Convention. We saw the Obamas, both Michelle and Barack last night speaking and very well received. I guess you could say because of the audience's reaction to them was pretty amazing. Tonight, I think it's going to be somewhat of a letdown, at least from those two speakers. Because Bill Clinton, Pete Bootage, Edge Governor Tim Walls, of course the vice presidential nominee, he will be the keynote speaker.
Speaker 4: We'll see what he brings.
Speaker 2: I've never seen him probably, Kelly mentioned Kelly Meyer from News Nation. This is arguably the biggest speech is given in his life, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: How he brings it tonight. A couple developing stories.
Speaker 2: Number one is that former President Trump and his vice presidential.
Speaker 4: Running mate j A.
Speaker 2: D Vance are in North Carolina today giving an outdoor rally and a speech specifically dedicated to national security.
Speaker 3: You've seen all.
Speaker 1: The bulletproof glass that surrounds the former president.
Speaker 3: You've seen the memes.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks odd, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it reminds me of the setup for the inauguration when they've got a bulletproof glass in front of the President and.
Speaker 4: Vice president there on the steps of the Capitol.
Speaker 2: This obviously not the steps of the Capitol, but basically surrounded by bulletproof glass. The other story is Robert F. Kennedy Junior on Friday is going to make a speech about his path forward in the presidential race.
Speaker 3: So we'll pick his horse, which will be Trump.
Speaker 4: Sounds like it.
Speaker 2: The Press Secretary Stephanie Spear for the Kennedy campaign posted the announcement, said the present historic moment and his path forward on social.
Speaker 4: Media will come. The announcement comes just.
Speaker 2: After yesterday when we talked about it in the twelve o'clock hour. Kennedy's running mate, Nicole Shanahan blasted Democrats, saying that she fully supports a role for Kennedy in a future Trump administration and hinted that they could end their campaign and throw their support entirely behind former President Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, in keeping with our we're not going to talk about politics this entire show theory AI theory. AI researchers are calling for personhood credentials as bots are getting smarter this.
Speaker 2: When I was reading through this, I remembered that blade Runner was one of the I guess, the early introductions for a lot of us into what an AI future might look like. When Philip K. Dick wrote Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Which eventually became blade Runner, there were questions about how can a human determine if they're speaking to another human or if that's a robot AI whatever.
Speaker 1: Researchers from the tech industry and academia have warned in a new paper that AI and the advances of AI could mean that AI bots will overwhelm the Internet in the years to come. This was published online last week. It's a group of thirty two researchers from OpenAI, Microsoft, Harvard other institutions calling on the technology world and policymakers to develop new ways to verify humans without sacrificing people's privacy or anonymity is it would be personhood credentials. People would prove offline that they physically exist.
Speaker 3: Is that like the thing where it's like, prove you're not a robot? Pick the boxes with the car.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: One of the things that there is a there's a commercial that's on right now. I don't even remember what the product is for. But Jennifer Coolidge, you know Stiffler's mom. Sure, she is on the phone with somebody and you know this helpline basically, and it's a human that she's talking to. But she says, you know, she have jokingly says, you know, you robots sound so realistic, and she says.
Speaker 4: I'm not a robot.
Speaker 3: And then oh yeah, she asked.
Speaker 2: How would I prove I'm not a robot? That's what this is talking about. Yeah, you require a user to submit a selfie or solve one of those capture puzzles. They said that those things are becoming increasingly inadequate because of the sophistication levels of AI, and they said even holding a video chat with somebody soon might not be enough to tell whether or not they're a functioning, breathing, living human being.
Speaker 4: That's pretty crazy. Are you am I?
Speaker 3: AI?
Speaker 4: Am I?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 2: On the other hand, they said that ID verification systems that link your identity to your online activity could then risk your security, your personal privacy, your free expression rights. Researchers are looking at potential these personhood credentials that would allow you to interact online anonymously, but without having your activities tracked constantly.
Speaker 1: So you and I were trying to stay awake because we woke up in the middle of the night, and so we did a lap around the United Arena here, just the area where the media is. And yesterday I was saying something to the effect of, I'm surprised or not more shows because from our vantage point we can only see a.
Speaker 3: Handful of them.
Speaker 4: Many of them we've never heard of.
Speaker 3: Many of them.
Speaker 1: We've never heard of.
Speaker 3: But then we took a lap a little.
Speaker 1: Bit ago and we found a new room with a bunch of blathering radio people K pooh from San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Phoenix.
Speaker 2: There is literally a K pooh radio right kp oh out of San Francisco. I have no idea, but why they wouldn't change that kind of blows me a why, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are a lot of places here.
Speaker 2: This by far, though, this is by far the best setup. All those other people they've got, they've got card tables basically laid out with stuff on them. Ours is an actual raised stage and the best part about it. And credit Dave Weese for this the plastic. I heart that spin on the top of those columns.
Speaker 1: I mean, I am very impressed with what Dave and I heart radio media We're able to do here.
Speaker 3: This is this is, this is the best there is. K POOH is a community radio station in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: They broadcast from the Fillmore and the station is owned.
Speaker 3: By Poor People's Radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It does, But you would think, you know, it's kind of like when you're naming your kid and you think about all the issues that could come with Like you were going to name your kid Calvin Jack's.
Speaker 3: Right, which would have been a.
Speaker 1: Hard sell with your last name. So you kind of envision what's going to happen when you name something right. And if you are naming your radio station after Poor People's Radio and all you get are three letters, you know it's going to be Pooh and you're in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: It just fits the first air date was.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy two though, so I mean that was a golden age of San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Back when there was much less pooh.
Speaker 1: And now pooh, pooh pooh everywhere you go.
Speaker 4: Earlier, we talked with Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Gosha interviewed by Kennedy. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 5: That was priceful, just referring to some who's just so angry bent and that at the world.
Speaker 1: He actually comes.
Speaker 6: Around, starts doing his job.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, priceless.
Speaker 1: And one of my buddies, Dave, texted me, I love this lady that you just had on.
Speaker 4: This lady, This lady lady.
Speaker 1: I don't think Dave listened to or watched MTV in the early nineties.
Speaker 4: Oh well, if I was.
Speaker 1: To profile him, I would not have profiled him that way.
Speaker 4: That's not what he did. No, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.