Speaker 1: Magic in all its forms has fascinated people throughout history, and we touched on topics of magic before even had our next guest on before to speak about this particular brand of magic, only to get derailed by the universe into talking about the peripherals around it.
Speaker 2: But the question was never truly answered.
Speaker 1: Just what is Thai Buddhist magic and what's the correlation between it trauma and psychic abilities. Well, there's no one that I can think of that's better to shed some light on this fascinating topic than our friend the Sadu Dah who's back on the show for the second time. He's gonna shed some light to that side of magic that the Western world just doesn't really get see much of. My name is Will and unlike boulderin Scully believe so we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Skeptic Magicians Classic. You are listening to classic Skeptic Metaphysicians. Welcome to our version of a walkdown memory Lane as we present classics from the Skeptic Metaphysician library, warts and all. Welcome to the Skeptic Metaphysicians.
Speaker 1: I'm will'mous and if you haven't yet listened to our first interview with the incomparable Sadu Da.
Speaker 2: I strongly suggest checking that.
Speaker 1: Out immediately following this one, because we're gonna go in a different direction this summer around, and I know you don't want to miss all the information that our guest has so generously imparted already.
Speaker 2: Sadda, it's an absolute pleasure to have you on the show once again.
Speaker 4: Welcome, thanks, love being back here. That's a really good podcast that you got going.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for the kind words. We are having fun, that's for sure. We're learning a ton and.
Speaker 1: The more we learn, the more we realize how much there is to learn. So we're happy to have you on to help us in that arena. I'm just going to get right to it from the get go. What is exactly Thai Buddhist magic.
Speaker 4: What makes Thai Buddhist magic such a fascinating exploration of magic compared to like ceremonial magic and pagan practices and all these other culture's versions of magic that we see all over the world, is you have a combination of animism, so shamanistic type traditions the old religion as they say, mixed with Buddhism, and it blended together in the fourteenth century when Buddhism was essentially converting all of Old Siam, which now we call Thailand, and you have these traditions that were very old that no matter how much you tried, you just couldn't stamp out. And so it blended in with the lore and the stories and the practices and everything that we know about Theerravada Buddhism today, which is Thai Buddhism. That's what makes it so unique.
Speaker 1: Now, when you think of Thai Buddhist monks, you don't necessarily think of magic, right, you think of the chants and the meditations and all that kind of stuff. But you and Karen and I have had conversations before where we've gone into some in depth examples of how Buddhist monks in Thailand actually use these energetic and animistic practices to make things happen. We'll get into that a little bit later because some of those specifics were mind.
Speaker 2: Blowing when we first talked about it.
Speaker 1: But to get a little bit more about you, you are a student of Theraveda lineage under Master Pong Sak. It's not right, yep, you've had years of experience and training with inner door secrets of Thai Buddhist magic. You became a Mopi in the Theraveda tradition, and then you studied under Rimpochet and lamas from the Bunpo Tibetan lineage, and you became a lama right through initiation.
Speaker 2: You even became a high priest in a Wickan coven.
Speaker 1: You studied under Jeffrey Duel and Nourse magic, you became a master hypnotist. You are so multifaceted, you were familiar with so many types of magic. Why did you select Thai Buddhist magic to follow?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: For me, it's the one that I was never able to table. I had so much fun learning different Wiccan traditions and practices, and I still do blend and use some of that to this day in the things I do now. But I just kind of reached a certain point with quite a few traditions where this was nice, this was fun. I explored, I learned things, I got what I needed from it. With Thai Buddhist magic, I have not hit that cap. I have not hit that limit. There's still so much I'm still fascinated by. There's so much that I'm still learning. There's so much that I have a deep passion. I cannot see leaving with that specific field of study.
Speaker 5: Well, before we get really really into it, I do have a question.
Speaker 6: As Weill was talking about all the things you've studied in the different and I don't know titles you've obtained.
Speaker 5: I have not heard of a mofi? What is that?
Speaker 4: So a mofi is a Thai tradition of shaman, so mopi, mofi, mofe. So this you'll notice that there's a lot of words, like in the Thai traditions that there's like how many ways do you want to say this? A gan ajan? Like yeah, So a mofi is simply the terminology for a Thai shaman.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at you now, And if you're only listening to the show, you're only getting half of the picture. So you should definitely check out our YouTube channel to see what the Sadu Da actually looks like and how he expresses himself because he has a lot of he did a whole Vana white kind of da, So he's very expressive his his image, his look, the way he speaks really shares a lot of his knowledge, even without using the words. But I'm looking at you now and you don't look.
Speaker 2: Thai to me. So how did you stumble on this modality?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: What called you to it?
Speaker 4: Well, you are correct, I'm not Thai. I am African and Mexican, so pretty far from being Thie. But you know, I stumbled on it when I first met Master of NFL Pact, where then introduced me to Master Punk Socks. Those were my two main masters in the Theravada tradition, and it was kind of this weird turning point in my life. I grew up with a lot of gang violence, drug addiction, things of that nature at a very rocky childhood. And when I met Master Thanafol for the very first time, it was the first, i'd say experience that I could really think of where I met somebody who wasn't scheming, trying to get one over on me or wanted something from me. And that alone was really what intrigued me the most. Was there there was such thing as pure people in this world. Not saying that they only exist in Buddhism, right, but I'm saying within my experience, my background, where I came from to that point in my life, this is the first time I met anybody like this, So that's kind of ultimately what got me to even go down that path.
Speaker 6: What made you trust him and know that he wasn't pulling something out of on you like the other people before.
Speaker 4: You know how they say, always trust your gut. I had that strong feeling that if I followed this man, if I listened to this man, that I would be safe, that I would be okay, and that I would gain much more than I could possibly ever imagine. And that still stands to be true to this day.
Speaker 1: And that really stems a lot from the reaction that he had to you, right, because when the story that you shared with us off camera, it was astounding where you have a certain look to you, and you mentioned you were involved with gang violence and things like that, where how you grew up was a little rougher than a lot of the people that might be listening to the show. But you went into the temple and where you expected these people to be afraid of you because of the way you looked and things like that, he actually reached out right and.
Speaker 4: There were people afraid of me. And it's just you know, I'm heavily tattooed and long, crazy hair, you know, So I go, I go to the temple just to like check this place out. I wasn't even seeking anything. It was more of you know, I grew up in Colleen, Texas. If anybody knows anything about Colleen, it is drive right through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know anything about that town in Texas is that you don't want to know anything about that town in.
Speaker 4: Texas exactly exactly. And so like out in the county, you know where it was this watt and which is the name of a temple, is called a wat and so when I want a watt, w a t oh. Yeah. And I go there and I'm just looking around. There's beautiful sculptures. There's all this cool stuff that I have no experience with. I don't know what a son deshbra is at that point. That's like the image of a Buddha, like stacked, you know. I'll show you an example later. But it's a specific type of amul, and there are larger styles of it. So I'm seeing all these weird sites and things I've never seen before. And I always have loved art to some degree, and I thought this was just a really cool scenery. And these people just kind of like whispering and like walking around me like with these like judgment looks on. And then this monk comes up to me and he starts explaining something to me about you know, the scenery and telling me stories and just very casually like it's nothing and I'm intrigued by it. And one of the things you'll notice in you know, Thai culture is that monks are like the Western equivalent of celebrities, Like they are very very popular. If you see one out and about, you want to you want to talk to him, you want that FaceTime, they want a picture with them, like like they're they're they're Thailand's celebrities, and they they kind of like this group of people had started to see me talking and having all this face time with Master Thantopol and so they come over and Master Thanifal is dismissive to them right away. He's like, no, no, you you come to us, like these people like went behind my back and like went went to the monks. And we're saying, like there's a scary looking man like skulking around the temple and he's got tattoos and like you know, he might steal something and he looks dangerous and you know, Master Thanofol, rather than like, you know, come over and and call me out or immediately be on guard, he just you know, took the time to actually get to know me and talk to me. And uh, he tells them, you know, I'm talking to this man who you thought was like, you know, scary, and and you were judging him for his tattoos and the way he looks, and he's a perfectly fine young man. There's nothing wrong with this young man. And you know, because you were judging and because you wanted to act this way, you go and you talk to the other monks. I'm talking to this young man right now. And so like that was how me and Estra Thanafol became friends.
Speaker 1: So then he impressed you, which I can completely understand. But then what made you say I want to continue down this path. Did they open up their secrets to you right away or did you have an initiation period? How does that work?
Speaker 4: So there was a little bit of an initiation period, but it didn't take place until after I had kind of come back. There was the opening of that door, right So I met Master Thanafol, I moved, I made new acquaintances, I got myself involved in the very first paranormal case I ever went on. I think I might have talked about this a little bit on your show, but I've told like the whole story before, So like you know this, that and the other. A woman got possessed. I found myself in the middle of it. She was like crawling on the wall. Crazy stuff happened. Yeah, it's such a long story, but yeah, I met you know, Master Amun at that point, and that was when I started to learn about magic and things of that nature. And then when I went back, that was when I met Charlita who was the coven mother, and I started studying Wika, and so I was like learning these two different forms of magic, and under Master Amun there was a lot of other stuff he was teaching me at the same time too, like ceremonial magic. He was even teaching me like Chiekong and things of that nature. Like I became like his apprentice right away because he saw something in me with the way I handled myself on that first paranormal case. And then once I had like come back and I'd met Master Thanaphil again, that was like he noticed something different in me, and so at that point he explained that he wanted to teach me some things, and so for that to take place, I had to one go through this like weird period of like silence, and I had to do like vipasna practices. I had to do these different breathing meditations, these walking meditations. And at first it was kind of like I wasn't learning anything. It was more of just like following him around like a lost puppy, and he would just like you know, instruct and say things and explain and then have me do stuff. But then shortly afterwards he would just very casually show me something, you know, like a like a like a takrute, which is like a roll piece of like you know, copper foil with like comb script or like polyspell work on it. And then he would he would explain like how with each you know, symbol and figure how you point on his part as you're driving driving what's called like a my crew like a Buddhist wan across it, and you're saying like not motatsa, and like you're you're saying each syllable of this u kata muntra and you're you're forming the symbol with the entire muntra at each point where it turns. And then he's like breaking this down into a complex science and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, this is so cool.
Speaker 4: What are we even doing? And then and then he explains to me once we make when he's like, so, now you know how to make the crew, He's like this one for protection. This one helped stop bad dangers. And he explains that to me. And then he was like telling me, you know, never unroll it to crup because it releases the power from it and it like will send back like the bad karmas that it chased away and the energies and things of that nature back onto you. And so like yeah, so he was like explaining things in a way that not only gave me a deep and vast amount of knowledge on something that I already didn't know anything about to begin with. But there were people who collect accruds and there, and they're familiar with ti ambulance and things like this, and they don't even know about that stuff because that's like the inner door practice of it, Like that's how to make it. You know, you can learn a lot about cars, right, but that's different than knowing how to manufacture and build a car.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So it was kind of the same thing, and before I realized it, I was being I was being invited to all kinds of different things. And some of the journeys that me and Master Thanofol went on were kind of like pilgrimages that I don't necessarily talk about because there's a certain level of secrecy was in some of the traditions, sure, and some of the ways that you're taught things and to hold the purity of the lineage, those things just can't be made public. But they changed my life forever and what I thought was possible. And I guess one of one of the wildest things that I experienced with Master Thnofol was like having these profound experiences that defied logic, that defied reason, and yet he could explain them, you know, like I told you the story about the monk with the water coming out of the hands and things like that, you know, and it's like like it defies logic, but then you're explained through this canon of knowledge and how these practices are formed in the way that's attained and understanding, like you know, these complex which these magical systems of practice that come from you know, the Theravada traditions, and you're like, okay, well that does make sense. But at first, it's just magic until you explain it in a scientific way.
Speaker 1: You're kind of speaking my language in a way. We're talking a lot about taie Buddhist magic, and we're talking about ceremonial magic and all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of different magic. But that's magic with a c K.
Speaker 1: But there is there's got to be a way to explain what some of these things are doing or is it truly just these magical shadow figures that that make shit happen.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're gonna love this. You're gonna love this. So I have this, let's see article that I wrote, and I'll just give you like the cliff notes of it. And this is an explanation that you're looking for. Okay, this is basically what you're What you're asking about is like, how can we bring the science to magic? So this one titled scientific Foundations of Magic. And many people often wonder where magic ends and science begins and vice versa. Right, the two are not exclusively separate. Many a time if someone made the comment that magic is just a technology we don't fully understand yet. So understanding that little to bit, let's get straight into it. So there's a couple experiments that we want to be aware of. One. Vladimir Proponent is the owner of Nanophotonics Biosciences, Inc. He's also a highly respected quantum physicist, known worldwide for his contributions and quantum biology. He has established a vast amount of research into the nonlinear dynamics of DNA and the interactions of weak electromagnetic fields with biological systems. Okay, so not magic science science, quantum mechanics. Yes. He conducted an experiment in the early nineties and demonstrated human DNA can affect the photons around it. This means that human DNA can have effect light particles E equals mc squared, The famous equation that Einstein discovered tells us, in combination with Poponent's research, that all matter is composed of light and can be manipulated by other light particles. In his experiment, Poponent had a glass tube with all the air removed to create a vacuum, and all that remained were photons light particles, and then he went on to measure the distribution of the photon particles in the tube while in a vacuum state. Poponent validated the distribution of the photon particles was entirely random. He then introduced human DNA inside the tube, only this time, when the photons were measured, there was a pattern present, meaning the photons were aligning and positioning according to the presence of human DNA. They actually aligned along the axis of the DNA. This would indicate in some way that the photons had to have been aware of the introduction of the human DNA. Removing the DNA from the tube presented interesting results as well. The photons didn't return to behaving randomly, that behaved as if the DNA was still present in the tube. The photons maintained the aligned structure of the DNA, which means the DNA must have left an energetic imprint once removed. This phantom DNA energy field was continually observed and kept the photons in place for a month. Interesting when you think about lunar cycles and etc. But that's for another day. So what does this mean though? Right? Like, Okay, so you just told us about this cool science experiment, but like, where's the magic? I don't understand the magic Sadu da, But wait, there's more. When we talk about chi prana mana energy and the Chakras and meridians. We're talking about a complex energy body that fuels the physical body. The result of proponents experiment tells us that we have an energy body capable of existing and operating outside of the limits of physical containment. When the human DNA was removed in the experiment, the photons remained in communication with the DNA. This means physical matter can be absent and a bio energetic connection can still be maintained because it's working with the greater energy field with which all matter is connected to. Using this knowledge, we can explain residual hauntings, the imprint of energy on a land that turns sour, holy spots all over the world, and why some people can sense a presence without being able to see it. Ghosts are even worth mentioning here. Ghosts are composed of energy, and that is why they can interact with energy fields of other living beings and physical matter. They are manipulating the photons within a specified field to create a specific effect, which seems otherworldly, but they are merely following the laws of physics and the principles of energetic exchange. If enough energy is condensed, those photons become more visible, and this explains why we can see manifestations of ghosts sometimes. We can also note that phantom DNA staying in place for a month lines up with that monthly lunar cycle I was talking about. And this is how in some magical practices of amulet and talisman crafting, energies are consecrated and laid on top of one another to induce a specific effect, which is just the amulet or talisman resonating with specific or wider fields of influence to achieve the determined effect for the person holding or within reach the harmonized energies, who then joins their energetic field to this constructed field of energy. It's not crazy magic, it's literally science.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is that you don't practice Thai Buddhist magic. You practice tie Buddhist quantum mechanics.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but that tongue, it doesn't sound as cool. That's true, like edgy and boring kind of.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Now, last time you were here, we talked about some of the some of the really interesting esoteric things that Thai Buddhist monks use for the practice babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, all that stuff, all that the fat that, all that kind of crazy stuff that you told us about.
Speaker 1: That, you know, to make sure that we get out there because some of that stuff made Karen and I look at you other.
Speaker 2: Like, what are we listening to? What are we hearing?
Speaker 1: So can you share a couple of those with us that that really kind of makes your hair stand up on?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So what's interesting to me is that, you know, Western culture has just such a hang up on death and find it to be taboo, and we do everything we can to push it away from our scope of everyday life because it's just not right for some reason, or people just have an aversion it's right the end of everything, or is it's it's just part of a cycle. It's part of a yoga like like the Hindus talk about. You know, a kali yuga is the is the ending of a cycle and for there to be you know, so Kalie and Shiva are often depicted together, and what that is is so for the end of something, for the death of something, for something to be reborn or to be born, there there has to be a destruction. So when a body decays and that that energy is being gathered up by by a spirit, right, it'll gather it's prana, it's energy. Within three days after the person has died, there's still prana. There's still energy in this body. And depending upon the situation and the circumstances. I mean, some of these witcha are so complex. I mean you can study this stuff for years and still learn very little about it. Certain things like like a person you know who dies, like a violent death like suicide, murder, et cetera. They they're perfect material. And I don't say that in a demeaning way. I mean this is like you have to take the emotion out of this and look at this as like a practice in a science and an exploration into human consciousness and what we're achieving with these energetic fields and mixing like I talked about, so you'll find that there's perfect materials, like whether that be a female who died on a Saturday and she was also born on a Saturday. And then and then like that goes into like a very specific type of like amulet and things you can make with the material of the hair, the skin, the bone, Chinathan as it's called, and these spirit statues that you make known as priy. So it's not just straight necromancy and black magic, as a lot of people might just jump to the conclusion of because what you're doing is you're entering into a contract with the spirit as the asjarn, the mopi, such as myself. When we gather the materials like this, we are giving that spirit the ability to right a wrong within their own existence and to work off some negative karmas, to accumulate good merits, to share in the good deeds of our life. Or the owner who will buy and own the statue and work with it. They don't use the term by though, they say rent. You're renting an ambulant. That's another It's just a little thing, but that is a thing in the culture. So what happens is this spirit will then gain good merits and good deeds that go into its karma bank, so that when it eventually crosses over, it gets a higher reincarnation than it would have originally had. So this isn't like a spiritual slavery type situation. This isn't a harvesting, you know, material of dead bodies, you know, for some grow tesque shock factor. This is a very very normal part of Thai culture. Is very normal. People aren't weirded out by it, and when you talk about like the guman thong, the roasting of child corpses, like people are immediately like, say, what you know, but we did. You're looking at the potentiality of this child who's already dead, right, so, you know, unfortunate circumstances, a very sad thing when a child dies, but you have the ability here to do something very powerful, something very positive. And that's where I kind of like, you know, I'm like trying to reshape the way the Western mind kinds of things about this thing, because I get people who practice like forms of black magic, if you will, and they'll kind of come to me and they're like, I'm interested in your necromancy and this and that, and I'm like, you're coming to me for the wrong reasons, and that's not really what I do. We're both very different in our intentions with the subject of death, and I'll kind of send them on their way. But with the wuman Thong, you have a child who has the potential of entire lifetime that was just snuffed out, all of that energy, all of those experience that could have been, that should have been, that don't happen, and then this limbo state and being reborn again takes so long massive thanofol sat down and like broke into pieces different aspects of like human consciousness and the way it evolves and how it develops. Which is just so crazy that like they have these scripts and they have all these things like and this has been you know, part of their history for hundreds and hundreds of years, like this just pass it down like it's nothing. And I'm like, whoa, Like I've never thought about this before, Like this is crazy. And he explained to me that, like when when you take that child and you nurture it and you raise it, you know it's spirit, and you help it evolve and grow, and then you give it these good merits and it gets it gets very powerful, and it'll help you with like manifestation, with ritual work with like you know, affairs of love and charm, business, getting good jobs, promotions like gambling, all kinds of things that people use, these four and then in return for the spirit helping you, you're helping it to have a better reincarnation and to evolve and grow. It's a very symbiotic situation.
Speaker 2: We need to take a quick break, but we'll be right back with more amazing conversation on the skeptic metaphysicians, and now back to the skeptic metaphysicians.
Speaker 6: So when you're collecting these materials, is it like, okay, so here, you know in the States, you have your driver's license and you say that you're an organ donor, and that's kind of giving permission if something happens to you that can harvest your organs. Is it something where everyone in that belief system automatically feels that way or believes that way or gives that permission or is it specific to you know, this person and their family.
Speaker 5: How does that work?
Speaker 1: Because you're talking because we didn't go into as much detail as time as we did the first time around, but you are talking about actually roasting the dead body of a child that passed away.
Speaker 4: So that practice has been made illegal in Thailand for a variety of reasons which should be obvious, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but now found on roasting babies. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So now what they'll do is they'll take the cremated ashes of the child. So if the family has them cremated, or if the child is buried, they'll have like a ceremony like white Crew and things like that where they'll call forth the spirit of the child, and they'll use other like priate material, usually children's ashes, and like they'll put it into the statue and then they and like the statue will be made from like a clay or something like that, and that'll contain the spirit of the child. That'll be the kuman thong or the loop or the lukrach, which are like different variations, which is like a whole other subject, but essentially just child spirit. To keep it simple for right now. And what you'll find, mind is that it's very complex. There are aspects where it's done in a positive intentioned way, like for example, I have I have this priy amulet right here, so oh here it is so this young lady. This is her actual picture. A jarn Massia made this and it has like her blood and a vial. It has bone from her body, funeral shroud. It has like actual material from from this from this woman. Now the family. Once once the woman you know passed away. She was she was a sex worker and she was found brutally beaten to death in an alley. It's very very tragic death, you know, it's very sad, like in no way, shape or form does anyone deserve that, and so the family they wanted, they wanted something good to come from this. They wanted, you know, her death to not be like this meaningless, like violent end. They wanted her to be able to do some good in the world with such a bad and unfortunate, you know, incident. And when you think about that, that's actually a very sweet intention, you know, move on the parent's part, like they're grieving, Like it's not just like, yeah, like, let's make some money chop up our dead daughter. That's not what it all is at all. Like, these are grieving parents who truly loved their daughter, and they have chosen to seek out this spiritual teacher to then use parts of her body to make amulets to help other people so that their daughter can have good merits built up, so their daughter can have a better reincarnation where maybe she won't be bludgeoned to death in an alley way again in her next life. Like if that doesn't touch your heart, I think you're a monster. Like, you know, that's that's a beautiful story from such a tragic ending. And that's kind of the aspect of how this can be positive intention. Same same with parents that lose their child, and they still want to raise that child even though that's just not possible anymore. So they have their child turned into a guman thong, and then they care for it as a child, because that's how you treat a guman thong spirit. You give it toys, you talk to like a baby like you know, you you take care of it. And so it's become ingrained in the culture that death isn't this big scary, bad thing. Death is just part of life. You can't be here without dying eventually, It's just part of the package. And where it gets to be questionable sometimes in the culture is you'll have police officers that want to make money, and it's kind of common knowledge the type police force is very corrupt in many ways, and so what they'll do is they have like a network of buyers that they'll contact when they come to a suicide scene and they'll say, like, you know, we have we have this this man that was found in a bathtub, you know, days later and like he's like his body has like kind of started to liquify in the water. You know, we collected this much from the crime scene of this like liquefied fat and water and you know, highest bidder gets this, and then so the people will like and they'll take pictures of it, so it's like, you know, it's legit, like it literally came from what they said it came from. And then these people will buy the material and then they'll take it to like them, they'll take it to the Ajar and they'll take it to these holymen and then they'll have them crafted into amulets and then a lot of those proceeds will usually go to like foundations that help like you know, people with like diseases that don't have health care or access to it, feeding them, putting kids through school, rebuilding temples, all kinds of things. So there's a lot of good that comes from it, even though there is like this underworld crime aspect of it taking place. And then you have like hospitals that'll instead of disposing of the babies, like they'll take them to temples. And there was like one temple that got in a lot of trouble for that, so that got busted and caught. But like there's different levels of it, like there's people do it with positive intentions and there's people who do it to make money.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's all about the intention, right, So does it sour the magic? Then if it's done in an intentionally inappropriate way, does it sour the energy that are mixed in with.
Speaker 4: It, Yes, but that's not the final say. So there's ways to purify death energy, and there's ways to kind of remove the elements of backfire a jar and Boui talks about it quite a bit. So he's often known as like, you know, the the professor of necromancy. He's a famous shaman in Thailand who is like commonly sleeps and graveyards and I mean the man is just like surrounded by death all the time, and like that's just that's just his jam. And people will collect his picture because it's said that just having a picture of a jampui scares away bad ghost. So like this man's held with a lot of like respect and esteem. And what he'll often do is to have people that will bring price statues or like wuman thong that might have been made in an unethical way to him and he'll purify them and for a small fee, of course, he'll purify them and give them back to the people. And so there are certain secrecies behind like how that's conducted and done. But usually you know, without saying too much, there's kind of like a trading of your own life force in that aspect, so one can only do that for so long before it catches up. There have been some famous or garns who played with too much nomen prie oil, which is like chin fat oil melted from a corpse, and it makes it makes people like like lust after you, like crazy, and so there was this one a jarn who used it on all kinds of like young ladies, and like they went so crazy jealous over him that they ended up murdering him. And it was wild, like at first it was like dang, like like he's like getting all these women and this, and then next thing you know, like they just like they lost their minds. And also there's an aspect of like ghost sickness where like ingesting the nonmen priol can give you really strong spirit power, but you're also eating literal death energy, and so it'll start to corrupt you internally. And with ghostedness, the ghosts eat you from within, so like you'll lose your mind, your organs can shut down, you can have like a wasting away kind of and and it's It's a really really terrible thing to watch. I've had a couple of people that I had to cure of ghost sickness, and it was really interesting because medically, you know, they're experiencing all these ailments and these things going on, but doctors are like, we don't understand. Like tests you're coming back negative, like you should be fined, but like you're bleeding from your bowels and we don't know how to explain it. Or like you know, like you say that you can't eat, We given you not a nausea medicine, and yet you're like keep losing weight because the ghosts are eating you from within, or they end up in a mental institution. They just mentally just shatter crazy stuff.
Speaker 5: How do you cure someone from that?
Speaker 4: So what I do is I use a process from Core and Diismo where I use lumpia. So I use like an egg and I'll like draw like the sickness into the egg, and i use iron to separate the attachment from the spirit, pressing it onto the skin. And then I'll actually go through their entire like energetic body and clear it with the with katta. Like I'll use like like very powerful calls on like a bunch of lineage masters, and I'll use that one and I'll just like run it through and I'll just kind of like it's like running something through the washing machine a couple of times till it comes out clean. And so like I'll do that like repetitiously and just kind of roll through that. And then sometimes like I'll prepare like a lookum which is like this little clay ball, and it'll have like blessed lucky rice and like certain charged spiritual herbs, things that have like sat on the altar for several months, including like even a couple of years, and then I'll put this mixture together and I have them I'll have them ingest that, and then I give them like blessed water that like I'll use like a mitmore on my crew and like some cotta chanting into the water, and then like special sea saw mix that in and then take some of like like when you chant and you get the consecrated chance, you get a lot of power. And this is like underneath your tongue is the purest chi condensed in your body through your meridian system. And so I'll take like a dab of that and then I'll put that I'll put that into the water. And so it's like some people might be like ear, they're drinking your spit, and it's like, no, they're actually like ingesting very condensed, pure cheat. But if you want to just focus on its spit, like okay, we can do that, but drink it because it's good for you.
Speaker 1: A wow, what I'm hearing you say is that this stuff is not for the weak of heart, right, This is not something you go into unknowingly.
Speaker 2: If you want to get.
Speaker 1: Involved with this kind of thing, you need to make sure you have someone's strong guidance, because yeah, every step of the way you talked about, they don't unroll the thing with jigger, right, Like who knew that I could get all that stuff that I just put out in the.
Speaker 2: Universe back at me? Or who knew I shouldn't use a chin fat of a corpse? If I didn't know what I was doing, you know, I mean, it doesn't come naturally to me. I would just just do it and then see what happens.
Speaker 1: But if someone wanted to get involved, wanted to learn more about Thai Buddhist magic, how could someone do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, because there are not a lot of Thai Buddhist monks.
Speaker 4: In Virginia, for example, you'd have to contact someone like me unless you know someone like Master Thanophol or Master punk Sock or Lone or like any of these like Masters of JAMPUOI A j Macia, all these people, Like unless you know them or you know someone like them, then like sorry, but you don't have access, and I mean, good luck if you try to figure it out on your own. These are very complex magical systems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sounds like very dangerous. They could potentially dangerous magical systems you don't want to stumble into.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like even something like gathering gopau gopaw is like it's like, oh gosh, this stuff is like really really freaking potent, and it's useful in a lot of like suny meta like charming magic. And gopow is the running musk oil from the back of a mating elephant's ears, and so to gather that when's the most dangerous? I mean elephants are dangerous, right, but when's the an elephant the most dangerous during mating season?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, so no one, no one likes toupted in that moment, and I'm sorry, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Being who figured that out the first time. This is like the.
Speaker 4: Secret life of monks. That like cracks me up because like everyone everyone has this picture of like, you know, this monk you know in silent meditation, like just so you see those inspirational calendars and all that, and it's like my image is like this monk standing in front of a charging elephant, like a chanting kotta feverishly to like subdue and calm the mental fortitude and like essentially kind of hijack the mind of the elephant and then allow get the elephant to allow him to climb on top of the elephant and scoop up some of the oil from behind its ear. Like that's my idea of a monk. That's what I think of.
Speaker 1: That's that's how you get it's that actually happens.
Speaker 4: That's how you get gopao and many people who treat well, you have to be taught the proper katta because the proper katta, when you learn it, it has this calming effect where you actually like pacify the elephant, where you can actually get it to a pacified state where you can go up and you can gather. But many people have just like they know, gopao is actually very expensive too, rightfully so, and there are people who are not trained in it or like try to figure it out on their own, and then what happens They get trampled to death by a freaking elephant, like go figure.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And these kinds of things you can't just find them in your local grocery store, right, I mean these are no you got to go to a specific place for this. Is it usually mostly just sold in Thailand? Or can this usually elsewhere?
Speaker 4: It's usually I mean you got to think about the culture, right, So that's that's where you're that's where you're going to find it. But you have like people like me that have you know, connections with temples in Thailand, who have connections with various different monks. And I regularly have like a bunch of stuff like sent to me and on like a revolving basis, Like I'm like, hey, like when you'll get new capulsin is in let me know, like that stuff's selling hot right now. So it's like like yeah, it's like why would you want cat Pussen to sad you down? I'm like for wealth, you know, like formula and like spells duh, Like everybody knows that, which is like you know, like that's what these are, so so that that's cat placenta.
Speaker 2: Cat placenta. It's not a word you hear about very often or think about very well.
Speaker 5: And if you're not watching this, you're only listening. It's like an amulet.
Speaker 6: It's not like a big old slab of something, right, it's nice and tidy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do yourself a favor and go check out our YouTube video so that you can see exactly what the sadu dies holding up right now, because otherwise the image in your mind is probably not going to be a pleasant one.
Speaker 6: I want to know one thing, and it's a little bit of a different topic, but you know, you hear about Christianity, and.
Speaker 2: If you're not, you're changing the topic for the.
Speaker 6: This is something I've been wondering and I need to know. And so you know, you get baptized in this. If you're not baptized, you're not going to go to Heaven and all this stuff. And this is the one religion and the you know, there's the muzzle, like everybody has their one religion. So for for someone like you who practices this, where do other belief systems fall into play. Are they just wrong or is there a little like how what are your thoughts.
Speaker 4: On that's you know, honestly, that's not for me to for anyone else. For myself, I'm I'm aware of certain elements of how the spirit moves within the spiritual realm, and if I were to play my cards right, I think it's safe to say that I could expect a certain type of result based upon how I choose to live my life. And that's kind of how I go about it is. You know, if I help people, if I try to do good things, if I live my life in an honest way, then when I pass and I have you know, a proper ceremony, or my spiritual energy is condensed to go within a certain place, maybe I can enter one of the heavenly type of realms, which is basically just a higher vibratory plane. I think heavenly or heaven is just too highly charged of a word. It gives people specific imagery and it's not even necessarily anything like that. So I think I stand a pretty good chance of going to a higher vibratory plane of existing, or at least coming back into an ideal life like this one has been for most of my adult life my child who is not that great. But I would say as an adult and in my past experience is this last decade especially, life's been pretty good for the most part, and I don't really have any complaints, and I'm pretty satisfied and content as things stand right now. So if I get another experience like this, I'd say I'd be okay with that. But for me to determine what anyone else is going to get or have, that's not my place to say. I have thoughts, I have, you know, theories, and I have some education that would lead me to believe certain things, but it's not for me to pollute the mind of another.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 6: And for me personally, I think that everybody has their path and they choose what, you know, what is right for them.
Speaker 5: And and I'm kind of be a good person.
Speaker 6: Put the good energy out there and you'll go to the good place whatever that is for you.
Speaker 2: It was a good show.
Speaker 5: Now, But I just know that my way or the highway.
Speaker 6: So I just didn't know if that was a belief system of the people that practice type it is magic if they think that's the only way, or if they give room for other people in their belief systems as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean really, the way it's approached in Buddhism is they don't believe in a god, you know, they believe that the Buddha has shown the way to liberate yourself. So Buddha isn't worshiped as a god. Buddha is worshiped because he mercy in going forth and struggling. Because before then there was there was like there was two extreme paths, right, there was there was the path of bliss and there was the path of pain, and either one of those could bring you to enlightenment or kill you while you tried. And the Buddha found the middle way, right, And so it's an amazing thing because he taught us, like, you know, salvation for ourselves, whereas like in a lot of other religions and practices, like you know, there's some sort of being that gives you salvation, and a lot of people will kind of without a proper understanding, make that same association about Buddha. But the Buddha is more of like, hey, this is possible. I was literally just a regular human and I put my effort, my energy, my soul, everything and an existence into striving towards enlightenment. You can do it. I have shown it's possible. And so that's what it's really about, is that you can redeem yourself, you can break those karmic chains, you can transcend. It's possible. Now what you want to do is up to you.
Speaker 1: And there's a school of thought that says the Buddha, Jesus, all these different religious leaders, for lack of a better word, may not necessarily have been like Jesus may may not have been the true reincarnation of God on the planet, for example, but rather an ascended master that was teaching us the way to ascend to move forward. Same thing can be said about the Buddha, the same thing can be said about Christiana, all these different entities that are meant to come down and help us to pave the way. So I get what you're saying. The question that stays in my mind, though, is some of the stuff that you we were just talking about, that that they do.
Speaker 2: And I want to.
Speaker 1: Note the fact that you, when you refer to Buddhists, you say they do you not consider yourself a Buddhist?
Speaker 4: No, I don't really consider myself anything. Note that I mentioned how how much I love and am drawn to this practice and how it's a very big part of my life. But I never said I am a Buddhist. It is useful for me. There's a lot that I learned from it as far as as what I believe, Like spiritually, I don't necessarily have a religion, Like I don't want to sound hokey, but like you know, the Dali Lama said, like you know, my religion is loved like that. There's very much so how I feel. It's like, you know, everything's relevant to me in some way at some point in maybe some time, I play in the parameters of whatever is appropriate for the situation. When I have clients or students that are Christian and they want to take that path working and they're coming to me, like I will use Christian mythology, I will, I will. I will teach them certain prayers like the Honible go up prayer.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 4: I will show them, you know, like a pathworking within that right. But that doesn't mean that's what I follow either. It's just that the tie Buddhism is my go to. It's what I'm most comfortable with. But that doesn't mean I have to be a Buddhist, right.
Speaker 2: Right, And that goes to your question, Karen, that's what I love.
Speaker 5: That's perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take little bits and pieces of all different things and you create your own modality that makes sense to you.
Speaker 2: That that makes perfect sense for the both of us.
Speaker 5: That's what we've done exactly.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm about to say this, but can you realize how much time we've actually spent already speaking? And and I have so many more questions. I have such a fun time talking with you. I don't want to let you go. Well, I mean, it's it's important to follow up in the fact that all this stuff is used for the greater good, right it's not. I mean, you hear people that use these types of things for nefarious purposes and things like that. But for by and large, the tie the Budhist monks that use these magics, they use them for the greater good of humanity of itself. It's not meant to be looked at as something evil or negative in any way.
Speaker 4: It's not meant to be used that way either. A lot of monks will actually encode certain spells kind of like a tamper proof lock, like spiritually inside of it to where if you try to misuse it or abuse it for something very negative and it backfires on you.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's like the rule of three in Wika, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't mess with Buddhist magic.
Speaker 2: That's just the rule of law. Well, we have so much more to talk about, Sadu Da.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe were already over almost to an hour in this interview.
Speaker 2: I cannot thank you enough for.
Speaker 1: Coming on and fighting all the the gremlins and the for the casual listener. This is not the first or the second time that we've tried doing this recording. We actually last time we tried doing this it was catastrophic. We lost the files because for some reason something didn't want us to get this stuff across. So we're trying different platforms just to get this messaging out because I know Karen and I love talking to you, so.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep our fingers crossed and we hit and broadcast.
Speaker 1: Everything's been recorded correctly, so do dot thank you so much for coming on the show. I think we may need to find some time to do part three because I don't think we're close.
Speaker 2: To coming to the end of this conversation so much.
Speaker 4: I welcome that. You know, There's God, there's just so many things we haven't even really gotten to talk about. I know that we intended to the very first time.
Speaker 5: And besides being so informative, you are just we would be friends.
Speaker 6: Like you're just this great guy, you know, and just so personable and so much fun to talk to you.
Speaker 5: So we, besides the subject matter, really enjoy our talks with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel the same way, you know. I just I like to smile, have a good time and just live.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Life is a great thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly how we are as well.
Speaker 1: So once again, thanks for coming on and we'll see you again on part three.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, and Karen.
Speaker 1: Before we wrap this up, I wanted to share with you the fact that we got another five star review. Yep, this one's from Joslyn. She says that this show is definitely in her pod rotation. She says she learned something new every single episode. It's always something different and interesting that maybe she never knew about or even heard about before.
Speaker 2: Case in point, Tibood is magic.
Speaker 5: Well that's our goal, right, it absolutely is.
Speaker 1: She goes on to say that this podcast makes you feel like your journey for answers whatever you're looking for.
Speaker 2: It makes her feel like she's not alone in her search, So that's perfect.
Speaker 1: Joslyn, thank you so much for leaving that review, and a huge thank you to you. If you like to show and the guests that we bring on, then you definitely want to be a part of our Inner Circle.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 1: The Inner Circle is absolutely free to join, and it gives you an opportunity to not only interact with Karen and I, we'll also be able to engage with fellow listeners like yourself. You'll also find tons of discounts for services from some of our past guests so that you can check them out for yourself see which path makes the most sense for you.
Speaker 2: We're also going to be doing a.
Speaker 1: Lot of great giveaways, like free sessions from some of our guests. You can gain access to behind the scenes videos, even get the chance to be on the show with us. All the while you'll be helping the show grow by letting people know about us.
Speaker 2: If you mentioned, it's.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent free, check out our show notes for the link to our Inner Circle and join today and then drop in and say hello and tell us what episode you heard this on. We might just give you a shout out on the show.
Speaker 2: Well that's all for now.
Speaker 1: We will see you on the next episode of The Skeptic Metaphysician.
Speaker 2: Until then, take care,