Speaker 1: What a weird week? Does everybody else have a weird week? Maddie mccarcoy, Good morning Friday, weird, weird.
Speaker 2: It's been weird and then this morning has just been weird. There's something in the air, you know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, s getting older. Sometimes it's just people just.
Speaker 3: Can't help it.
Speaker 2: Give your beyond.
Speaker 1: Uh. Some of people that age where that diaper went, like Bourbon and beyond and stuff, they just stand there because they don't want to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Year's Eve in New York City, Right, a.
Speaker 4: Friend, let's just call him. Let me make up a name, Roy Rains. And this what I say.
Speaker 1: His name was Roy Raine. Former police officer Roy Rains. If we knew a yeah, that's good. Give him a backstory, makes it sound more real even though he's fake, this fictitious.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, Let's say that he left the police department and start doing traffic on the radio. Yeah, make him really interesting.
Speaker 1: And that character's named Kirky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he used to have this fake Roy Rains guy that we're making up right now, he used to wear a diaper.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Buffett concerts that way.
Speaker 5: So sad assage, it's so sad.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you you're a bit serious.
Speaker 2: I mean, don't the people around you like smell something.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: You just stand there and see and feel good about that.
Speaker 1: Do you do the face like a baby? Yeah, they're shaking kids. Your kids go to the other But getting old sucks. Man, stuff starts. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I do notice things, and uh you uh, you've always been if I walk by your desk, you've always had a really serious, kind of sort of serious look on your face.
Speaker 3: It's not a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Nowadays, you're just like you have a very casual uh, and whatever's happening happening. I'm just going to say that that has become your face, which is more enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well, I guess I think I've gotten more comfortable.
Speaker 5: You know, there's no question.
Speaker 2: I think if you're at a job, you're like, you know, I know what I know, and everything will be okay at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I'm not just saying your face is different.
Speaker 2: My face has changed. Okay. I've been told I do.
Speaker 1: Have the resting my daughter has that.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, it's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to confront her about her and she goes, my dad, it's to my face.
Speaker 2: It's just my face, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think you do, but if you did, it's gone. Now you're very more casual, kind of like what's going on now?
Speaker 3: I think you're more of a resting, ignorant face. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: The happiest people I know are the dumbest people. People that are dumber. Happy people are really smart or miserable. They're miserable. Think about it, really, so I pray for ignorance, and some people say that prayer has been answered. Absolutely, we'll find out if these guys are going to be ignorant. Johnny, you know you share a brain with these individuals.
Speaker 5: Looking forward to sharing.
Speaker 1: O'Brien, All right, then this is Crusade for children trivia. We're at four hundred and forty dollars. We'll go to four hundred and c sty if they get it's eight of the next ten questions. Correct. Maddy mccorkoy, Yes, is ready. Dwight's going to get off his phone like a teenage girl.
Speaker 4: Maddie mccarakoll went up the hill. Maddie mcarcolly came down with Bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maddie mccorky and Bill they chilled. Maddie mccarkyll is in my will?
Speaker 2: Oh what do I get?
Speaker 1: I know? All right? Question number one, we'll go with Johnny. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: John do this all right?
Speaker 1: Number one? Number one? Alaska shares a border with what country?
Speaker 5: Don't that's would beat Canada?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you walk concur concurr?
Speaker 4: You know? I like after I lobster thermidore baked Alaska.
Speaker 1: Final answers, what, Johnny.
Speaker 5: It's Canada, Yes, it's Canada.
Speaker 3: Who right?
Speaker 1: This is? This song is way before this band was Wait for your time. But I'm gonna roll the dice and think you're gonna know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like go to.
Speaker 1: Let's go to our girl, okay, Maddie McCarthy, Marie mccarker. Question two, what was Eddie Brikel's backup band? The backing band Eddie Edie Burkel, Edie Burkel? She had one or two songs?
Speaker 2: Is it the New Bohemians?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You concur with your friends.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a smarter answer than I would.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking I saw him at Lila Fair, but I was busy scoring.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true.
Speaker 1: Final answer, Maddy mccarkoll love. What was the backing bond of Eddie Edie Brickhead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the New Bohemians Bohemians, Yeah, yeah, wow, I like gold music.
Speaker 1: She end up marrying a famous actor. I think the guy that was in Uh no, that's not true. All right, dude, area, it's true or false?
Speaker 3: So okay? Shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Correct? Uh? The official state fruit for New York is the apple? The officials false apple? Well the state the state fruit for New York is the apple? True or false?
Speaker 4: I want to say true, which makes it false, But I'll go ahead and say, go ahead, bite the big apple, don't mind the maggots.
Speaker 1: So what are you saying?
Speaker 5: True or false?
Speaker 1: Dude? He's just answered the damn question true. Do you all agree with him?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be false.
Speaker 5: We'll go with him, We'll go concur true, it's gonna be false.
Speaker 2: It's true. Come on, it's true.
Speaker 5: No maggots that app by the big apple.
Speaker 3: Don't mind the maggots.
Speaker 2: Is it true? False? D White Ghost?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, God bless can imagine his teachers like I like the I like the witting kid. But geez, all right, Maddie, here we go. Okay, what is a female goat called.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a nanny. That's what I call my other grandmother, Gloria.
Speaker 5: He's pretty confident.
Speaker 4: When I was, when I was a little kid, that he's called me a nanny.
Speaker 1: Uh so your your answer, female goat is called a nanny.
Speaker 2: Nanny.
Speaker 1: That's right, correct. Y'all are on a roll, dude, call us butter. Okay, Dwight, you're gonna know this. Okay, we're gonna know this. I feel confident you're gonna know this.
Speaker 3: He's sitting up.
Speaker 1: What year did Charles Limberg make his historic NonStop solo flight across the Atlantic? Everyone knows it. It's on the plane. It was on the airplanes.
Speaker 3: After he invented the cheese. I know that, and that was in eighteen twelve.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's on the plane.
Speaker 3: What plane?
Speaker 1: The plane flew NonStop across the Atlantic for the first time. It's all the name of the plane has here in it.
Speaker 3: Wilbur and Orville Bredenbacher invented the plane in North Carolina and that was Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't. Can y'all help him out?
Speaker 2: It's on the plane?
Speaker 3: What plane?
Speaker 5: I know? I'm with, Dwight.
Speaker 1: He's seriously, it's wrong with you.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone's probably screaming at the radio.
Speaker 3: It's on a plane. If you look on the tail fan historic.
Speaker 1: Picture of it, even though Limberg was a Nazi.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen nine, it's close, It's very close.
Speaker 2: Nineteen thirty tell us hot or cold?
Speaker 4: Twenty six was a cold, and twenty six.
Speaker 1: Final answer is nineteen twenty seven. The Spirit of St. Saint Louis nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows that's a spread.
Speaker 1: It's pretty well now. The first time somebody got in a plane who flew across the Atlantic, it's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 4: That's a big deal, kind of a big deal in my aviation club.
Speaker 1: He was a Nazi during the war and his baby got snatched. His baby got Yeah, the Limberg baby. Yeah, you don't know this Limberg baby story. It was part of the reason the FBI was formed. Really, Oh, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: It's a cheesy story.
Speaker 1: Look it it. Oh, Limburg stinks.
Speaker 3: The story stinks. Uh Burger cheese.
Speaker 1: I don't think either one of the kids are going to.
Speaker 3: Know this, so do I.
Speaker 5: This is here we go, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, unless you can answer it. I don't know. Maybe you can't. You all know Share? Yeah, sure, Sonny nineteen seventy five. Well here's the question, nineteen seventy five. Since this is where big dumb animal comes into it, let me finish the damn question before you just start yelling out stuff like an old person. Nineteen seventy five asked, stop, Nina, stop it. We're playing a game. Nineteen seventy five. Share filed for divorce from what musician?
Speaker 3: Sonny Bono?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, you didn't even need to finally answer.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's a long buzzer.
Speaker 1: Greg Almond seventy five, seventy five, seventy five. Sonny Bono was the sixties bro.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yes, she didn't marry Greg Almond in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Look it up, sweet.
Speaker 2: Cheeks, right now, all right, fact check? Fact check.
Speaker 1: That's cool. You know, I don't care. That's cool. I mean, I only worked really hard on these questions.
Speaker 2: Oh you work so hard. Seriously throwing a flag?
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, throw your little red flag on the field.
Speaker 3: Divorced, Greg Almond?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmmm, I can't find any dad, You can't, You can't find any ready?
Speaker 1: Do you know who she?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Who she counseled with when divorcing Sonny Bono. She counseled with uh Lucille Ball because she had divorced Deisyarnez and made out like a bandit.
Speaker 1: She talked to him, take all this stuff. Do you know how Sonny Bono died plane crash?
Speaker 3: Ski?
Speaker 1: He had a damn tree? Yeah, like, I mean your Sonny Bono, you get hit, you hit, you hit a tree.
Speaker 2: Well they didn't ski with like helmets, I mean they were.
Speaker 5: You know what his last words were, Bill Cox.
Speaker 3: No, you're standing on my hose.
Speaker 1: No it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It was in the hospital all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, John, you ready sure? You now have dropped to You have to get every single one of these ride of the kids are going to suffer here we go. Is a pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable? John and the rest of you can.
Speaker 5: I think is it? Or I think it's a vegetable. But I don't know if it's a vegetable. What's what's the do either of you two know what it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: The requirement is to be a fruit must be grown in a patch. So I'm I'm an odds.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: A pumpkin patch would indicate it would be a fruit, not a vegetable.
Speaker 2: Right, I think it's a fruit. And I don't know about your patch theory, but I do.
Speaker 1: I do at least it's an answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have an answer for when you commit.
Speaker 1: When you commit to the lie. Yeah, And you're like, oh no, because that's to be growing.
Speaker 2: In the past, right, I'm too gullible to even detect your sarcasm. Sometimes I'm like, I just take your word for it.
Speaker 1: No, I've been listening to his grifts thirty years and still I go.
Speaker 2: I don't think I with it so well, though, you just roll with it.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: We'll go with fruit since it's two.
Speaker 1: Out of final answer fruit pumpkin is a fruit? A popcorn? Interesting geometry question for yeah, do you mean parkle.
Speaker 2: Legitimate geometry or geometry?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I was I'm better at geometry than I am algebra.
Speaker 1: Here we go, and I think this is it. I might be describing it wrong. If a triangle has two equal sides, it's called a What.
Speaker 2: If a triangle has two equal.
Speaker 1: Sides sounds like a It sounds like a Greek a warrior. Oh my god, it sounds like a Greek warrior.
Speaker 2: I want to say rhombus, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Slow down, crazy girl.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. If a triangle has two.
Speaker 1: Equal sides, all triangles have to it sounds like and when you know, when I tell you, you'll go pallel. No, I said, it sounds like a Greek warrior, harolel doesn't sound like a Greek w John. Help because if you get this wrong, then the game is over and the kids will suffer.
Speaker 3: Well. Don't triangles have an equal size, two equal sides?
Speaker 1: No, they have three, three sides, you nerd, you know what it is? What you said Greek?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeahsaceles Becauseceles is the guy that went up on Mount Asacele and told all the Asoceletes.
Speaker 1: Your answers, give it to the triangle.
Speaker 2: Wow, can you define that for us? I just I need a little refresher.
Speaker 1: It does sound like it does sound like a Greek warrior isles and then Isoceles cut them down. It's right, you got it, right, I know.
Speaker 2: I just need more info. I'll do some research later.
Speaker 3: Triangle's head.
Speaker 1: The lack of trust. It's starting to chip away at my confidence. If I had feelings and.
Speaker 2: Stuff you know you got.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is gonna be a guess. You're gonna have to be This is a guess, Dwight. Yes, in our solar system? How many plants? This is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: This is I want to go.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like dealing with a toddler that knows how to talk. It's like, here we go. Let me finish this question. The question, you stupid face, stupid person.
Speaker 3: Okay, Carl Sagan, lay it on me.
Speaker 1: In our solar system? How many planets have rings?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Or four? How many planets in our solar system have rings?
Speaker 3: The first Saturn? You take the rest of them.
Speaker 1: You don't have to name them.
Speaker 5: I therefore, is the other one? He said that one has rings?
Speaker 3: Has a.
Speaker 1: Ring?
Speaker 2: What about does Jupiter?
Speaker 4: Jupiter is just like a big ass planner, right, I say three?
Speaker 5: I think Neptune has rings that are like.
Speaker 3: It's a quatroll.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the fourth one. Then I don't know.
Speaker 3: I honestly don't know. I've taken it.
Speaker 2: Are we missing Venus?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of the like lower plane Venis is a women's race, that's right, all right? How many are you going with, dude.
Speaker 5: I just finished you make the call.
Speaker 3: I just got to finish a new book called Miner from Mars and women are.
Speaker 1: Stupid idiots, right. I know that book. It's great, great book.
Speaker 3: I will say four. I have no idea, but I'll say four.
Speaker 1: You are overturning John's answer. And three he said.
Speaker 5: Three flight's wrong, but maybe I'm wrong. I need an answer full.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 1: I tried to jump in before John said anything.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know the answers for answer. I just I know the answers for okay.
Speaker 2: So what did we miss?
Speaker 1: Here? It goes comes down to you. This is.
Speaker 2: The final question.
Speaker 1: If you were searching for the Lockness monster, would you be in Ireland or Scotland? Scotland Scotland Scotland, Scotland, the land of the mcorky people forgot I was talking to a Scottish right lockes Yeah, yeah, I haven't been. Yeah, there's no there's no anale.
Speaker 4: You know, five dollars you can ride Nessy. Yeah, you can hug around her neck like a dolphin.
Speaker 2: You put your quarter in and you can get monster food.
Speaker 1: You don't realize this, but when we were in grade school, there was the most famous picture of Nessie, right, And they had studies, they had studies, they examined it, they did whole documentaries over this picture. Thirty years later, the guy comes out and goes, yeah, this was it. He was a He took a piece of stick and carved he carved it to look like it and put it in the water and just walked in the side and took a picture of it. And people people for decades that was the most definitive evidence picture. Yes, that was the most definitive picture. And the guy goes, yeah, I carved that out of.
Speaker 2: The world, just like we all in there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean people were examining, going We'll look at the waves of they're crashing against his spot and then the shadow, and we're all like, we were convinced that was Nessie and you and he's like no, And but the thing was he had he still had the wooden thing. Oh my gosh, yeah, I put that in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you believe in uh, what else is there?
Speaker 1: The squatch, goat man, goat man, yes, yeah, yes, because if Dwight had sex with someone that would be a goat person, but.
Speaker 2: More like mothman. That's that's real.
Speaker 1: That's a real thing. But that's a sasquatch. No, because there would be Dave always says this, there'd be a dumb sasquatch that would just walk down the middle of the road.
Speaker 4: Mass man is absolutely real, because we'll turn our porch light.
Speaker 5: To show up. Yeah, both man, I'll tell your light.
Speaker 3: Honey, honey, would you turn the light on?
Speaker 1: Job? You got them all right, guys, you got them all right, car right and Johnny, good job, buddy. Advertise.
Speaker 4: If you want to advertise, call four seven nine to to to two. Ask for Mattey.
Speaker 1: McCarthy, but don't say Mattey mccorkyll. Book or don't look it up because it's Maddie King because you had been too lazy to change your name after you got married, which to me is insulting to your husband and the rest of his family. But that's fine. Now, you just take your sweet She told me.
Speaker 4: She told me there was a five year period, like a trial period.
Speaker 5: Bad idea.
Speaker 4: Alright, alright, Bear knows pizza Pete's Baby Louisville style pizza and the pizza that constantly gives back to the city of Louisville, Southern Indiana. Are you having a big football party by chance this Sunday. It's the perfect way to feed your guests a bunch of Barono's pizzas, a bunch of Baronos wings, and man, you'll be the talk of the town when it comes to your party. Barono's Pizza, Dyna carry out a delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that good.
Speaker 1: Vision First, I Care, Vision firsticare dot com, get online, get the appointment. I've got my Vision First glasses on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I had that old person, you know, near sightedness, because I would and I would buy like the cheap glasses and I would have one in every pocket. Finally, I said, no, I need those transition glasses that have both of them in there. And I haven't taken these glasses off. I've had them for a year. I haven't lost them. They're awesome. So go to Vision First. I care whether you're six months old or sixty, They'll take care of you at Vision firstiicare dot com back after this on NewsRadio forty wh S