Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, all other carbon life forms. This is Sunday Night Live with Gary Jeff Walker, an extra edition of the night Cap, which, of course when there's no baseball, we do this occasionally on Monday and Tuesday evenings from nine to twelve. Tonight, we're early. It's great to be with you. The Reds won today and walk Off Fashion took the series six out of seven series they have won. Now as we get closer and closer to the All Star break, heard the sad news that famous horse trainer four time Kentucky Derby winner d Wayne Lucas passed yesterday, as you may have heard in the news. So I made some terrible joke which I will wait until there's a little bit more time has passed. But in this show tonight, at the bottom of the hour, Cornell West and Robert George. Cornell West is a very brilliant man. He's a very far left guy. Robert George is a right conservative and they've written a book together about everybody getting along, which is you know, refreshing, I would say, And we will have them both on the air. That's the plan anyway, And at eight o'clock or eight oh five, Scott Shara, who sadly tragically lost his daughter to what he calls medical murder in Wisconsin. His daughter, Grace was nineteen years old. She was diagnosed with COVID. But Scott Serra says, and he's got all kinds of ament in facts, there was just a trial against Ascension Health and Saint Elizabeth in Wisconsin. We'll talk about the outcome of that and what has been discovered since about what he says is Grace's murder, and it's allowed him to start a foundation in her name, and it's an awareness foundation for people to know their rights when they go under the knife or they're in standard of care hospitals, which are all around the nation. They're all around here in Cincinnati. Before we get to any of that, though.
Speaker 2: Hey dude, don't make it bad.
Speaker 3: Take a SIDI, then make it beat.
Speaker 1: In August of nineteen sixty six, the Beatles, the most popular band in the world to some they still are, made their last concert appearance in Cincinnati at Crosley Field. Some of you might have gone. In nineteen ninety six, I was working for ninety two point five FM here in town, the Fox, doing a show called Breakfast with the Beatles, and the brilliant idea was had not by me, by someone else, to do a thirtieth anniversary and getting together people who had been at that concert for a reunion. We did that, and a couple of years later we moved the location from our studios to a place called Hap's Irish Pub, which this year, as HAPs there on Erie and Hyde Park, is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary. The man who's been the architect of those wonderful, wonderful decades is with us in studio for this half hour. He joins us now as close to the mic as you can, Danny Thomas, Welcome to a very special This is great. Danny was a guest a couple of times at Breakfast with Beatles and hosted our Breakfast with the Beatles reunions at Apps on Sunday mornings for over ten years. But now it's been fifty years of Halps Irish Pub. How you doing, man, doing great? Doing great? Great to be here, all right? So there's always been a bar there as far as as long as human beings have existed in that area, there's always been a pub or a bar there, correct, correct?
Speaker 3: Since after Prohibition.
Speaker 1: I was told all right, So, but the last fifty years you've been at the tiller.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My father started this in nineteen seventy five. He had taken some trips to Ireland and fell in love with Irish pubs, and I guess the neighborhood bar came up for sale and he decided he wanted to have an Irish pub and he and another guy opened it as an Irish pub in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: And when did you take over? When was the torch passed?
Speaker 4: He has been dead I think about twenty eight years, so just a little bit longer than that, because I started helping out. I had another job, and I eventually took over, probably close to like twenty seven years ago.
Speaker 1: What did you before that? Your other job.
Speaker 4: At the time, I was working at New York Life. I worked there for about nineteen years.
Speaker 5: I believe.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm selling life insurance, et cetera. So yeah, So Danny had this idea. He called me about a month and a half couple months back and said, remember all those wonderful Breakfast with the Beatles parties we did at HAPs he said, I said yeah. He said, well, this is our fiftieth anniversary of halps Irish Pub. What do you think about maybe doing that Breakfast with the Beatles reunion party again on a Sunday, And I said that would be great. There'd be nothing else that I'd rather be doing on a Sunday morning or a Sunday afternoon. Didn't getting together with you guys again after all these years, because it's been like since two thousand and eight. The Fox changed hands in two thousand and nine. I went from being a full time disc jockey and was doing talk here on seven hundred WLW by that time as well on the weekends. But I went from being a full time radio guy to a part time talk show host. And we'll see how much longer that lasts.
Speaker 1: And so I'm going to relish the chance to get together, and hopefully was because I've completely lost touch with a lot of those Beatles breakfast club people over the years, and it just happens, and it's probably as much my fault as anybody else's that I haven't. But if there are any of you listening who attended any of those wonderful Breakfast with the Beatles reunion parties, and they were great. Danny and his crew would get up early on a Sunday morning, they'd finish the fix this incredible Irish breakfast for us and the drinks would flow for those who were into such things.
Speaker 4: You know some of them are even they loved the Bloody Mary's as I recall.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Bloody Marys were great. You know. I still will enjoy a Bailey's and coffee from time to time. But it's a wonderful bar. If you've ever been to HAPs Iris Pub, you know this already. If you haven't, I would encourage you to get out there for the fiftieth anniversary celebration going on this year, and more specifically that Sunday in August will be extra special for me and I am looking forward to it. And you were telling me, Danny about people that still come up to you.
Speaker 4: That's very true and talk about the places sometimes. One time I was on a bus and someone overheard me talking to somebody else and then they said, did I hear you say hap Tires Pub? Someone sitting behind me, and they asked me about the breakfast with the Beatles. This has happened on numerous occasions and it's just amazing to me and the kids. The parents should bring their children, yea and now those children are, like, you know, in their late thirties.
Speaker 1: And their adults their parents in many cases.
Speaker 4: So and there's so I've gotten stories from these adults saying, yeah, when I was in high school, my parents drug me to this thing and I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: We had a great time, so we really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: And the Beatles fanatic fans are very interesting and fun to see and talk to, et cetera. You know what, I remember the one the first time we did this. I didn't know what we were getting into because you and I, my wife Amy, and Nathan and Joe were just on the radio with you. So but the first time we did it, this one character had John Lennon glasses on and the full Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart Club band sued on. If remember on the front cover he was dressed exactly like that. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh of course I remember that guy. Now my current wife, who was I was married to then when we started this party, Chris did now two point zero as I called her, we'd get home from these things, and she goes, man, those are some weird people. But I mean, she didn't mean it in a bad way, just in a very observant descriptive way, because we all have our little idiosyncrasies and our weirdness from time to time. But they are a very unusual lot Beatles fans, and I happen to be one of them, so I guess I include myself in that grouping to hear under the umbrella.
Speaker 4: I remember the one story of a guy the one time because people would sit there and exchange all their stories. And he had gone to England on a trip and he went into a bar and I don't know what part of England, I don't know if it was in Liverpool or where, but John Lynn and had been tossed out of this bar. So his goal was and he succeeded. He found this bar, went in there and drank quite a bit, and he got himself tossed out of the same bar that John Lennon did.
Speaker 3: And he was quite proud of trying.
Speaker 1: To replicate the Lenin legend of getting tossed out of a pub in England. That's great. Well, John Lennon wound up when he came to America, got tossed out of a few clubs on his lost weekend back in the early seventies in Los Angeles, as I recall.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 1: Just an incredible diversity of people that were into this. The Beatles phenomenon is as much like the Elvis phenomenon as anything else that we've experienced in the twentieth century in this country for sure, worldwide, but especially in America. When the Beatles came to America and they made that appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show and it was watched by more people than it ever tuned into anything on television on a Sunday night, and that was just the beginning of how crazy it got. And the people that came to those shows in Cincinnati at Crosley Field in sixty six. Before that, I guess it was Cincinnati Gardens in nineteen sixty four, they were as rabid as any fans of anything that I've ever encountered. And thirty years on, thirty and forty years later, they were still that way, you know.
Speaker 4: And I agree, and it's amazing that people are still that enthusa But you know, to me, I like all kinds of music. Okay, people always say what's your favorite and a lot, but to me, their musicality, I mean, it was it was music, and it was instrumental and the way you know, it was done in a different category. It's not like hard rock and roll. It's not like the Stones or the other stuff. But it's pleasant music. And I was, you know, as I get older and sometimes I spend the time to think about it. I mean, it's absolutely amazing and it's just fantastic music that'll stand the test of time like any other you know, whether it's classical music or anything else.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was such a wide variety of different kinds of music. They incorporated everything from classical to show tunes to you know, any any branch of popular music that had gone before them that they influenced, you know, from Little Richard and Chuck Berry to Carl Perkins to like I said, classical music, symphonic music.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely amazing and still you know, I don't know how.
Speaker 4: To describe it, but it's always pleasant to my ears when I listened to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing to me.
Speaker 4: There's just so there's just so many fantastic songs, whereas some groups will have a small handful of great songs. It seems like and I know it's only because I'm a fan mainly but still I just think it's just amazing to this day.
Speaker 1: So tell me about fifty years it HAPs and everything you've seen there since you first your father and then you your beautiful wife Ammy was instrumental in helping keeping that going.
Speaker 4: And she made all the food. That's so she fed everybody. Oh, you know, it's amazing. That's a big question over that period of time. I was sixteen years old when he got Halps, but over the years he wanted an Irish bar. That's still you know, we always had Irish music a lot. He started all that, and I just tried to perpetuate it. So we've been involved, like I said, with the Irish crowd. You know, we used to have people that lived in town their mail that was written to them, say somebody moved to Cincinnati, and they would have a piece of mail they wanted to mail, and they didn't have the person's address.
Speaker 3: They would mail it to HAPs.
Speaker 4: And we get mail and say, who's this And my father say, oh, that guy comes in. I guess it's from relatives someplace in Ireland. I mean that's the kind of stuff. And then you know, we always tried to perpetuate that, like we show a lot of international sports. Rugby's big in Ireland and all that. We show a lot of rugby, and it's just it's a neighborhood bar pub, just like you'd find in Ireland. And one of the biggest compliments to my father, I think is that you have Irish people over here on their holidays. And when an Irish person comes in to Apps and says this makes me feel like I'm in a pub at home, then I think my dad did a fantastic job, and this is just something I wanted to perpetuate.
Speaker 1: Guys at your house every year had this wonderful New Year's Day party, and I got to meet so many people who would come from Ireland and stay at your house or were there visiting at the party.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: We've had I know, Eugena Gorman came over with us son, another couple that we were involved with rugby, they were there during the holidays, and another couple I can think of that they were there. And it was always funny, you know, it was fun to have such a variety of people at our New Year's Day party. And but you're right, we always we consistently had friends come over and visit us.
Speaker 1: So just let let's get down to the brass tacks of where people can find HAPs if they haven't by this time, and if they haven't by this time, what's wrong with Youhapps is located where it's at.
Speaker 3: Thirty five ten Eriie Avenue.
Speaker 4: It's in East Park. It's about two miles east of Hyde Park Square.
Speaker 1: And there is nothing else like HAPs. You guys still have the outdoor patio on the back, have.
Speaker 4: The outdoor patio on back, have tables in front, and it's not it's just a good old neighborhood Irish pub and you know, there's a couple of rooms there.
Speaker 1: And what's Saint Patrick's day, Like Danny, it's still crazy.
Speaker 4: Is still crazy, and we open up the parking lot and inside and you know, if it's seventy degrees just I'm not talking about inside the bar, Clearly in the outside there's at least you know, a few hundred people in the parking lot easily, I'm not exaggerating. And the inside's packed. Amy's always been in charge. We have Irish stew that she's really perfected this recipe over the year's corn beef and cabbage corn beef sandwiches. So we serve a lot of food because we're not a restaurant, so on the special occasions we serve food in a traditional Irish breakfast. We always serve on Saint Patrick's Day morning, and I'll tell you when the people love that so much. When COVID hit and you weren't allowed to be open, and I recall this quite vividly, that are the governor of Ohio closed all the bars three days before Saint Patrick's I remember, and I we were very upset and people were calling, going, well what about the Irish breakfast? And we had already purchased a lot of it, so we weren't open, but we still cooked an Irish breakfast and did like about fifty carry out Irish breakfast. That's great, it was because so people liked it and because it was authentic.
Speaker 1: And all that sice. I still want to find a good piece of blood sausage. Danny and I both have in the ensuing years celebrated our sixty fourth birthdays. Mine was just last December, and so I figured this would be a fitting way to finish out. And I will let you know that on my Saturday Morning show, when we pick an exact day, we think it's going to be the third Sunday in August when we recreate recreate the Breakfast with the Beatles' Anniversary party ad APS and I can't wait. Man, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: So we're that so was pretty much for sure. We're going to do it the third Sunday in August like we used to. We'll start around noon.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good, can't wait, Danny, thank you, brother, Thank you. Sunday Night Live Extra Edition Nightcap continues Corneill West and Robert George coming up after.
Speaker 5: The news and I got all the losing my head many years from now.
Speaker 7: Why start your morning with me Tom Brenneman, Well, listen up.
Speaker 2: Tom gives you the latest news, weather, traffic, and more, while leaving a pleasant pepper mincent.
Speaker 7: The information you need and a peppery fresh set. Now that's big league show.
Speaker 2: Start your day with Tom Brennanman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Of course they're not answering their phones, so we will continue to try and we'll see what goes down with this. The reason I wanted to have them on is in the middle of all of this controversy about what's been happening at some of our finer institutions of higher education, like Harvard and Columbia and pan and these other places that receive federal funds, which I still can't grasp. Why if you're a private institution like Harvard or Columbia, why you receive federal funds in the first place, Especially with the enormous billions of dollars those universities receive in endowments from their alumni and from donors, Why are they relying on federal money in the first place. I was so happy when President Trump said, listen, you get this anti American, anti free speech off of your campuses, and we'll think about continuing to have the taxpayers subsidize you in the way that they are. Well. Academics like Cornell West, Doctor Cornell West, and a man named Robert George got together and decided that they were going to attempt to bridge the gap between left and right because they're diametrically opposed ends of the spectrum. I mean, you don't get much farther west than Cornell West, or left than Cornell West, a guy who has consistently called for things like reparations for descendants of slaves and Robert George is a pretty conservative guy. But you don't see that those two sides coming together and finding points of commonality that often. And you might think, and you may be one of those people who's on one side or the other side of the ideology and political argument, and you may not see that there's any common ground. When we're all human, we all basically innately want similar things. We want to be able to live in peace, we want to be able to pursue whatever it is that we love. Most people are not that militant. When you see the rainbow and purple haired people, and they're not all rainbow haired and purple haired, but you see some of the people that are on the fringes of society, and they're set fires not just to American flags, but to institutions, to police stations, to federal courthouses, to cars in the middle of the street, and calling it mostly peaceful protests. I'm sorry, that's not mostly peaceful. It's not peaceful at all, and it's not protected by the First Amendment. You don't have a right to vandalize or commit violence against someone you disagree with or an institution that you disagree with. That's not the American way, and for people to hide behind the First Amendment in that fashion, it just doesn't It doesn't wash. And there are certain things that we cannot allow in a constitutional republic. And those ANTIFA protests that taking over an entire section of downtown like they did with Seattle Chop, remember Chop, Remember the Summer of Love? They keep calling it a twenty twenty in the wake of the George Floyd incident and the death of George Floyd while in police custody, and so many other things that led up to it. You go all the way back to Ferguson, Missouri and the kid who tried to grab the cops gun and wound up dying. The hands up, don't shoot was a mirage. It wasn't real. That didn't happen, But that false narrative was told over and over again and amplified by some members of the media to the point and then you get You've got these paid protesters on campuses that aren't grassroots at all. It's not just a ground swell of students who decided to buy eight hundred dollars tents and take over entire swaths of university campuses, or to take over a library, or to hold security guards hostage like they did at Columbia, and the anti ice protests we've seen, the anti Israel protests that we've seen around the country in the last couple of years. These are being paid for by outside sources who want to disrupt our society, who want to cause chaos, who want to bring down Western culture. It's not about freedom of speech. In fact, it is the antithesis. It's the exact opposite of freedom of speech when you're not allowing Jewish students to go to class, when you're not allowing people to speak their minds freely because you disagree with them. But I digress. There is a place where we should all meet and agree that some things shouldn't be permissible, and that we have more in common as human beings than we have differences whether you're a Republican or a Democrat. That being said, Today's Democrat party that saw the election of this open he calls himself a socialist, but basically a communist or a Marxist, take your pick, whichever one you like, and under the banner of the Democrat Party and people actually applauding. I'm talking about the guy in New York City who won the Democrat primary for New York City just last week, and they're applauding Will, not endorsing him, standing behind him and saying, yes, this is a good representative for our political party. It's crazy. It is absolutely not. So I'll get off the subject, and since our guests apparently are not going to make it tonight, and take a quick break and we'll talk a little bit about the day. Stuff you can agree on if you're a Reds fan, and also stuff that saddens us, as the Reds were celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of the Big Red Machine, and we were missing Pete, we were missing Joe Morgan, and sadly yesterday we were also missing Dave Parker. It's seven forty five Sunday Night Live, Gary Jeff. Phones are open too. Since I don't have guests for you, you could be my next guest. Five one three, seven, nine seven one eight hundred D big one seven wlw.
Speaker 2: Our iHeartRadio Music Festival prevented my Capital one.
Speaker 1: He's back in Vegas, both to Princeton scholars who've written a book together called Truth Matters. I don't know why I'm plunging it since they both ghosted me. But a chance to get some ways to disagree better than we are sometimes now in this country. On the telephone line. First, Jerry in London, Ohio on the New York City election. Your thoughts, Jerry.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I'm a big fan of democracy. You're a big fan of democracy. And even when maybe a person that I don't approve of, or someone I wouldn't vote for, if they win the election, one person, one vote, that's what democracy is all about, and we get to we get the government, we get the leadership we deserve.
Speaker 3: I know, I still want to know the gentleman you're referring to.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't. I don't know enough aboutout him. I'm not a voter, and that disc free. But again, if if he won the election fair and square, and I know there's a lot of doubt about that in certain certain circles about national elections, but we're talking about this in New York. If he if he was voted in by a majority of no matter how slim, that's how our our system works, and we taught we always say it's not perfect, but it's the best in the world.
Speaker 1: Well, he is an avowed communist, socialism.
Speaker 8: And and and and that, and they knew that, right. It wasn't like anybody got.
Speaker 1: To the war if he was a basic news basically just promising free everything to every day and and they bought it. Yeah, they bought it.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing. There's nothing free, Jerry.
Speaker 8: Nothing, Well, I know that. But again, either you you think the system we have, with all its warts and and whatever, is the best system in the world, or it's not. Okay, I could say, I could point back to something, hey, the last presidential election, but I'm not going to drag that up. It doesn't matter who I voted for that. Uh uh. Donald Trump won. He is the president of the United States, Okay, So whatever he does, he does, and we get the leadership in the government we deserve.
Speaker 1: I would I would concur. I would concur with you absolutely on that. And I just okay, I thought, maybe New York City deserved better than that. But we'll find out in November when.
Speaker 8: The actual deserves better than that, when.
Speaker 1: The actual genital election happened. The general election hasn't happened yet. There's a very good.
Speaker 8: Chance that he's a long ways from from from being in office. But we we we want to, we want to. And you know, maybe I've missed it, but I you know, you talk about how we need to be less sacrimonious with each other, and you know, and you know, I saw something where they're talking about the budget bill and and and uh and and Donald Trump said, well, the Democrats want to vote for it because they're nasty people and they hate our country. Okay, that's the kind of thing that you know, are you a united or a divider? Some people don't believe in that. That's fine, but I don't here. I mean, you guys covered the Shapiro incident in Pennsylvania, and you guys covered the assassinations a couple of weeks ago in Minnesota. I've heard a couple of weeks ago. I don't think there's many any political assassinations since then. But I mean, we I haven't heard a whole lot about it. You know, when this topic comes up, you know, I'm sure money flows both ways. You're saying these people are paid instigators. Say, I'm not doubting that, but you know, in politics, money flows both ways, like when influencers are paid by Russian cutouts. You know, now they weren't tied to Trump. But you know, but they were paid lots of money because they were influencers.
Speaker 1: So did you did you buy into the now proven disproven Russian collusion in the twenty sixteen election?
Speaker 8: Jerry?
Speaker 1: Did you buy into that?
Speaker 3: Jerry doesn't?
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter if I bought into it.
Speaker 9: It's done.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's false. You know it was false. It's been proven.
Speaker 8: Well okay, okay, okay, so we you know, if you want to look backs, we're not going to see what's coming in front of us, all right. So, and and you know, whether whether I believe that or not, I'm not going to say, Okay, I want to let's read let's retread this like you know, let's let's beat up this guy for this and this guy for this. Okay, for the public decided that they did not believe it, and uh the second time around and he got elect it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: Now, I do want to commend you for cleaning up your comment about George Floyd.
Speaker 9: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to tell you. You did bring up the hit that was the death, but I have never in myself, I've never I've heard very few people referred to it as well. The George Floyd incident, It almost sounds like it was accidental.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Okay, negligence is negligence at the hands of someone. Okay, Am I saying that the officer wanted to kill George Floyd? Okay, But the officer was negligent and he was found guilty in a court of log Again, how our system works, whether you agree with it or not, all right, But for for a time when you were going to bring on a died in the wool liberal and died in the wool uh Republican or conservative Republican, and and and and showing that that we can coexist. Right, fine, But you know something, But I think that that that and I'm not saying you personally, but I think that there are people on your on your staff there who are talent. They are whether they work midnights or after hours or whatever, Okay, that they are more than willing to paint the other side. And I'm sure there's people on the other side there are more and willing to paint any conservative and any kind of broad brush strokes they want. But it is done on both sides. And I think that your your your your radio station is more than a counterweight locally or regionally for what you folks refer to as legacy media. You are a huge company, a radio station. You have fifty thousand watts and you you're heard all over the Eastern Seaboard at night and and and that's good. You're it's it's a great station, great history. Okay. But you know we try to you know, one one one. One person will try to wash their hands of it. The other person just digs into the troph even more. And I'm not saying one side is any better for it than the other.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there would be certain points that we would agree on, Jerry, and I'm sure there would be certain points we totally vehemently disagree on.
Speaker 8: And you know something, I'm not here to turn.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I understand, I understand. But I allowed you a chance to speak, and I thank you for Thank you. Eric Eric in uh in Milford or in Ripley, Ohio.
Speaker 5: Hello Eric, Eric Williams from Milford, Ohio, and I've never called in before. I love listening to you and sitting on the deck drinking the Kentucky Mule, enjoying the conversation.
Speaker 9: But I want to go.
Speaker 3: I listened to.
Speaker 6: You every Saturday morning, I set my alarm. My wife goes, you're crazy. I got listened to Gary Jack and now I also listened to the guy before you.
Speaker 1: I like listening to the outdoors, the big outdoors, Chip Hard. Yeah. Yes, and he's been there longer than I am.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 9: I remember trumpet.
Speaker 6: When I was little, my mom would play it in the house at night. We always listened to seven hundred Grow with McConnell and whatever. But uh, I listened to you all the time. I love it when you go out there and talk to those people in Ripley. And I love Ripley and that.
Speaker 1: I was there today, Eric, I was there last Wednesday.
Speaker 6: I've been there a lot, even when they used to have the tobacco festival there. My dad would always go down there where they had the auctions of the tobacco from everybody growing their tobacco, all them fields, all the way up that river valley, and they would have like our Jay Reynolds in these various companies, they'd have a live oxen. And I remember, and I'm a little nervous. You could go down there in all these tobacco companies before of these biggest lawsuits. You could go down here and get beach, not red Man.
Speaker 1: Get Ripley.
Speaker 3: I was having this discussion.
Speaker 1: I was having this discussion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my dad would be like, hey, we hunt, we do these things.
Speaker 9: Get as much as you can. I came back.
Speaker 6: We had a carloads tobacco.
Speaker 1: Eric, That's wonderful, wonderful memories. I wish I had more time to reminisce with you, but we're running up against the clock. Brother. Hey, thank you for calling, Thank you for listening, Thank you for listening on Saturday. All right, Wednesday night every week you got it, Big Queen of Hearts drawing in Ripley at Brookies again this coming Wednesday night. I was there buying my tickets today News and then hopefully the next guest shows up. If he doesn't, we're here till late thirty and the floor is yours, Gary Jeff Walker's Sunday Night Live, an extra special nightcap on seven utter WL. The Reds Win Very Nice is six out of the last seven series. A little bit of a hot streak for the hometown team, especially on a weekend that celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of the Big Red Machine. Switch Gears. Now, the first time I interviewed this next guest. I was riveted. And usually when you have a guest on that some would deem controversial or maybe out of the mainstream, you kind of just brush it off. I could not brush this off. I've never been able to get the story of what happened to his family, what happened to his daughter Grace out of my mind. I never will. I continue to pray for them and to follow what has been going on with Scott Sharah and our amazing Grace. About ten days ago, a criminal trial, a trial of Shara versus ascension health concluded. It was June nineteenth. But he has very definite ideas about medical practices, the medical community in this country. What he refers to and what I believe is a series legal medical complex that is in many cases a cult of death and protecting people who do others harm. And we have him back post trial, Scott Shara, welcome back to the show. How are you, sir, well.
Speaker 9: I'm doing well and I really appreciate the introduction. Then thanks for having me back. I mean you following and praying for family is fantastic. The case, by the way, was a simple case. It's not a criminal case, which made the burden of proof left, but unbelievably, the jury still decided eleven to one in favor of the medical industrial establishment. And of course we're in shock over that decision. But as I've studied, now I have about four thousand dollars of research under my belt, the decision doesn't surprise me at all. Yeah, I don't know that I'll ever for sure get over the shock, but it's not surprising because of how deep the program means he is, and very few people understand. For example, a basic tenet that they've convinced this stuff is that doctors first do no harm. That is what is the paraphrase of the supposed hypocratic goals. Well, as you know from prior interview, as I dug into the hypocritic ope and found out it's not first dunal harm. In fact, it's an od to Satanic God. And it's no wonder why we're in the shape that we're in with pharmacia controlling our entire population, that people are blind to it. Then we presented quite a case. We had a substantially better case. We focused on the medicine and the illegal do not resuscitate order. We had better witnesses, better experts. I mean, it was a fantastic case. The people who watched the whole trial, and praise God, it was livestream to the nation. It's all on YouTube now. The people who watched the whole trial, myself included, we're all shocked. But what was decided at the trial was the jury decided that informed consent, which is a pillar of medicine, is not required in a hospital. That by just going into a you're giving implied consent, so the doctors have no responsibility to tell you what's going on. And what made matters worse is they also decided that a doctor can unilaterally put a DNR on a patient without consent, without a witness, without a signature, and without a DNR bracelet. That's what the defense presented, and the jury agreed with the defense instead of me and our team language.
Speaker 1: That is shocking because for years I have been convinced and thought that the DNR was issued by the patient or the patient's family, not the doctors. I mean, your daughter, Grace did not sign a do not resuscitate. You were not even allowed to be in the room, and you did not agree to a do not resuscitate order. And then they basically fed Grace enough drugs that she died. That's the way I understand it.
Speaker 9: Well, that's exactly right. I mean, they gave her a presodx, lorazepam and morphine at a twenty six minute window and it euthanized her. And when it came time to revive her, that's when we learned she had a DNR on her chart. Because we were screaming at this point, I was not in the hospital because I was evicted three days earlier. Our daughter, Jessica was with Grace and she had called Cindy, my wife, and I on FaceTime and we were all screaming to save our daughter and the nursing staff from outside the hall. They wouldn't even come in the rooms. They screamed back, she's DNR. Jessica quickly ran in the hall and one of the nurses showed Jessica the screen and said, we can't do anything. The doctor put a DNR order on her chart, and they refused to even reverse the DNR when we said she's not DNR, which there's a state statute that says they're supposed to reverse it upon oral replication, and they still wouldn't do it, and the jury decided still in favor. They said that even in that situation, the nurses did not do anything wrong. You know. That's why I'm in shock. But you know, again, I'm not surprised, but I'm in shock because it was so blatant and so obvious. We thought, we really thought we had a chance to win against this medical industrial complex. And it's worse than what I thought. One juror stood in stood with us, you know. And so when you do the math of one out of twelve, that's eight percent. And I really think that eight percent represents the percentage of the population that actually is awake. And that's that's a sad reflection on the status of our country.
Speaker 1: You believe, and you you have charged that the legal system in this country provides cover for the medical systems life licens to kill, from the Americans with Disability Act to state statutes preventing accountability for medical staff from malpractice. I mean, why did doctors pay all this malpractice insurance if you can't charge anybody with malpractice? Scott, That's that's what I want to know.
Speaker 9: Well, that's a fantastic question. I'm going through some statistics and then I'll back into why I'm why I'm making those statements public. So in a recent year, these statistics are, by the way, quoted from an HBO documentary called Bleedout. Steve Burrows did that documentary his mom was almost killed in a hospital and he filed the lawsuits similar to me and lost. And one of the statistics that he pointed out is that in Wisconsin annually there's twenty seven thousand patients who are injured or die. On those twenty seven thousand, only eighty four lawsuits are filed. Only twenty two of the eighty four actually go to trial, and only three win for the patient. And so why is that, Well, it's because there is a state statute that I will payout in a medical malpractice lawsuit is seven hundred and fifty thousand, and that the only exception to that is if you have a loss of companionship claim. Well, in Grace's case, Grace is a legal adult who is nineteen years old. A legal adult without a spouse and without children means that there is no loss of companionship claim. So the maximum in Grace's lawsuit with one hundred and fifty thousand, it costs over one million dollars in legal fees to take this to trial, so you can obvious see we weren't doing it for the money. We were doing it because Grace represents one point two million Americans who were murdered in hospitals in similar conditions to Grace during this COVID thirty nine ons COVID era it's going on today. I mean, COVID was an open it. That's why I found Scott.
Speaker 1: I'm losing I'm losing your phone signal.
Speaker 3: So just oh, shoot, no, it's okay, it's all right.
Speaker 1: You're clear now. So uh, okay, go back to where you were talking about Grace, and uh what occurred.
Speaker 10: Well, what what happened with Grace in the hospital is clearly medical malpractice. I mean, how can you give a patient presod ex loracipem and morphine without consent? And she she had two overdose events from presod x prior. She had an overdose on October seventh and October eighth, and the jury even decided that it's not a requirement for the doctors to tell you that she had an overdose. And then the third overdose, which happened on October thirteenth, was the one that obviously it was too much.
Speaker 9: And it had killed her. What they did was they added morphine to the mix, which you know morphine when combined with presodex and lorazapam, those are contra indicated meds. The morphine package insert says that death is a side effect for combining those three meds.
Speaker 1: So was she was she in such terrible pain they had to give her morphine? Scott, what was her condition before her this death?
Speaker 3: The question?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she was not in pain at all. In fact, the nurse who gave her the med said that she was. She recorded in the nursing notes that Grace was somnolent at five o'clock again somnolent at five point thirty. But she gave her two doses of laazepam at five forty six and five forty nine. Well think through this. And then they were measuring Grace's blood pressure at and at six oh nine. They they said she did not have a blood pressure. At six fifteen, they gave her morphine. The expert that we had, doctor Burdine, said it is the most egregious clinical decision that he's ever seen in forty six years of meta practice.
Speaker 1: My goodness. Now, now this was this happened during during COVID, and there were protocols that were put in place, and and you've also talked about this phrase that many people will hear in cases like Graces and many others, called standard of care. What does that mean standard of care?
Speaker 9: Scott, Yeah, there's So there's two definitions of standards of care. One is objective, the other one is subjective. So an objective standard of care would be that you develop cancer and the standard of care is chemotherapy for your cancer. That doesn't make it right, but that's the standard of care. So that's an objective standard of care. A subjective standard of care is what ir reasonable doctor would do in a similar situation. So this is this is ultimately why we lost.
Speaker 1: We brought in.
Speaker 9: Two experts that said what they did was wrong, they did not follow the standard of care. They brought in six experts that said they did follow the standard of care, that there's no informed consent necessary, And like I said in my open a doctor can unilaterally put in a DNR on a patient. And so their six experts were believed by the jury compared to our two experts. Your common sense would tell you you don't need experts to tell you what the standard of care should be. Right, you'll treat your neighbor as yourself as God's standard of care. I mean, wouldn't you, if you're a doctor, want to tell your patient what you're doing. If you're a doctor, wouldn't you want to let them make their own decision on a do not resuscitate order? I mean, think it through. This isn't rocket science that we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: How is the American with Disabilities Act helping to kill people?
Speaker 9: Well, the reason is because so in Grace's case, Grace had a right to an advocate under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Similarly, she had a right to not be scrapped down to the bed and made to defecate in the bed. So those are egregious things that happen. Grace was without an advocate for over fifty percent of the time. After I was kicked out. They increased the door suppress at seven times, they sedated Grace instead of taking care of her. These are all violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act. So you would ask logically, well, why didn't we have a disability rights claim in the lawsuit. Well, the reason is that Grace's disability rights expired upon death, and that's the sigh up of the Americans with Disabilities Act. A lot of the laws that our legislators pass are with a lot of fanfare to give them a pad on the back by their constituents, but they're really hidden lies because think through that, how is it that you can't have a claim. I mean, these people should be locked up for what they did to Grace, but her claims expire upon death. And that's how the Americans with Disabilities helps to facilitate death.
Speaker 1: You say that we're in a spiritual battle right now, and I agree with you. Satan is the real enemy. And you are constantly sharing these with people through our Amazing Grace and through your podcast. And where can people find your podcast if they're interested in want to know more not only about what happened to Grace and your family, but what they need to be aware of for themselves and their families.
Speaker 9: So everything is linked to our main website or Amazing Grace dot net and so on that website in the operating corner. You can subscribe to our newsletter, so everything that I post is done there. I'm writing an extensive substack right now. It's tens of pages to summarize the case. I've been working at it all weekend long, so that'll be an excellent read. Once that's posted. The link to my podcast it's called Deprogramming with Grace's Dad. That's also on the main website, but it can be found on all the major platforms, including rumbull, SoundCloud. And what is happening is that as I have been deprogramming myself with unfolding the lives that I've been told since birth, I'm I'm sharing the results through podcasts and I have well over a hundred of them recorded now, and you know, it's eye opening, and I'm praise God I'm able to have the ability to put these things together and share it with the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you say deprogramming, you mean deprogramming from what.
Speaker 9: Well, it's funny. When I first realized how programmed I was, I called it the Santa Claus effects. So once you realize that Santa Claus isn't real, you're your next question is what about the easter bunny? What about the tooth fairy? Well, in my case, I realized that okay, well, COVID was a SIAP, it was Grace. Grace hospital. Yeah, Grace lost their life in a hospital so that they could get the jab in people's arms. Okay, So then, okay, So if COVID was a lie, what else I found out? Well, nine to eleven was a lie, and the Fiat currency is a lie. And you know, there's just it goes on and on and on, and you know, I explained about the hippocratical it's being a lie while we've been talking right now, and there's so many there's so many of these, it's almost our entire existence is is a lie where we chase we end up chasing the American dream. And now to participate in the American dream, both mom and dad have to work to send their kids to the public fool system for indoctrination. They need to get eighty shots.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: You know, it's all it's all designed with one thing in mind, which is Satan's battle for souls to control us. And you know, ultimately, what I have stumbled across is this methodology to hasten death.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott, listen, I wish we had more time. It's worthy of a longer discussion. But God bless you. I'm continuing to pray for you and your family, and thanks for being with us tonight.
Speaker 9: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: God bless you too, our amazing Grace dot net if you want to know more, And that's all for us. Wow, what a roller coaster ride. Back again soon and we have plenty more wonderful programming for you, so please stick around. Seven Hunter wlw our.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio Music Festival presented my Capital One.
Speaker 9: He's back.