Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back.
Speaker 3: What is this place? Is connected? Disconnected?
Speaker 4: It's connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 3: Disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to feel disconnected.
Speaker 3: Breaks the number that has been disconnected.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to our live Halloween episode for twenty twenty five, Live this time with mister Daniel Sibner, who's always in the chat. So this time you all have to comment extra to make up for his lack of jokes and ad libs because he will be doing it with me.
Speaker 3: Hey Dan, how are we doing? I am a leash, I'm invincible, I'm I'm good. You know I'm here. And I feel bad because someone in the chat just said they were into madlods and I was like, damn, I should have done a Halloween madlob.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody else is requesting a Frank Tarzi impression.
Speaker 3: Let's hear that.
Speaker 2: What does Frank Tarzi wish for everybody to feel on Halloween?
Speaker 3: Putting me on the spot?
Speaker 2: Oh, I am you know?
Speaker 3: I mean, like we put out these movies, you guys all want the uh like the female Nazi, but like you don't buy it. You know, we're not gonna, you know, just put a slip cover on it and it. I mean, if I could put any movie out, there's uh, there's the Train. I love that movie. Everyone knows that, you know, some Chuck Norris movie. I remember seeing that in Times Square when I was twelve. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Baren wore the same shirt today. I love this shirt. It's a special one.
Speaker 3: Every now and again, Frank Charsi will come at or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If we talked about Keene or I should say, when we talk about Keen, we can get some some Charsi impression back again, exactly. How's how's the week leading up to Thanksgiving? In New York City?
Speaker 3: The week leading up to Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: That's not what I meant. I was reading a comment and it made me think, how about Halloween?
Speaker 3: What the fuck are you talking about.
Speaker 2: Doing five things at once? I'm sorry, I'm.
Speaker 3: The only thing you should be doing. No jokes, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Are we doing phrasing or other more of the things?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Halloween? I mean here, my block goes goes all out on Halloween, so we have like every building puts up these extravagant Halloween decorations and then tomorrow night they're gonna block off two of the avenues and so the families can just go up and down from Broadway all the way to West End Avenue and just do trick or treating in each of the buildings, right, And it's a lot of fun. And my building blasts thriller every single year. I think my building is actually one that organizes it. So it's like the I'm glad Ronnie caught it. If anyone's gonna catch you.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna highlight it, but it's it's pretty hilarious.
Speaker 3: Uh well, I haven't worked on that that. I gotta get my big my big glasses, my big frames or something.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I first of all, I didn't realize this is already like the fifth time you've been on here for reconnecting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, until I thought I in this year, I was like, no, it's my third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's maybe the sixth. It's pretty exciting. Yeah, has everything been since the last time? Since now people can see your face? Uh, you know.
Speaker 3: Ryan, it's it's it's a been a bit of a year.
Speaker 2: It's been a great year.
Speaker 3: Huh you know we can, we can. Yes, it is Paul, Yes it is physical overdigit don't. That's not gonna start shit, you know. I mean, I think I forgotten last time. So I was here in May March. When was the last time I was on something like that? Something like that? Well, since then, I have lost my job, I got let go, and now I can finally tell the chat that my job was working for Apple.
Speaker 2: Sure was I and I couldn't say.
Speaker 3: A thing, and I couldn't comment on any of the Apple TV Plus movies, and so every time I would be on here, I'd be like, hey, Ryan, can we just skip over the Apple TV Plus movie? I don't one. I can't say anything, So now I can. I can talk about how shittyther movies are.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there? Wasn't there once that there was an announcement and I tried to get you to say something and needled you a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think I think it was the TV show the soccer show Ted Lasso. I think I think that was that.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, funny enough. One of the ones that we're gonna recap that comes out next week is Coda Finally will.
Speaker 3: Be I'm sure we're gonna look back and be like that deserved best picture. I'm sure I understand.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's let's break down some of the things that have been going on in the scene in the hobby and start talking about some pickups and recent watches. So one of the big things coming out next week, one of the titles is supposed to be hard Boiled four K. And to add more fuel to the Shout Factory demise pile, What.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about, Ryan? What about Shout? Definitely?
Speaker 2: What do you? Boblic and Orbit have both come out and said we have not been able to secure all of our pre orders. Shout has uh not created enough, so we have to cancel many of these orders, and of course lots of people immediately went, oh so the sky is falling, when in all reality, I think the crazy part here is it's just fucking hard boiled and the demand is way higher than expected.
Speaker 3: Look, Ray, I believe it's not Keno, but uh, I'll have it. It's it's you know, shouts ruining the environment. You know, it's all the off gassing.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, something about scratch Factory would probably be perfect for TARSI. So yeah, uh, not really much to add to that just a hey, that is happening, and for everybody that is going through that if you pre ordered that, I'm sorry, that sucks that that's happening.
Speaker 3: I my interry. This is just the Good Lord saying there's an arrow version coming. And just wait.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like I've been saying that the whole time. Yeah, I stand by that, Go for the arrow.
Speaker 3: He said, no, no shout back.
Speaker 2: My big question is it's it's the end of the month, which means we should be getting shout factory announcements this coming Monday. So where are those going to be revealed? If they're going to be revealed not on a website. I mean, groove is there? Or I'm sorry, everybody's telling me I'm saying it wrong that it's groove not groove. Groove is o o v E. Unless you're trying to be cool and spell it differently.
Speaker 3: Love is l o v E and this is r u v E. So it's groove groove. It's German, all of a sudden, minus.
Speaker 2: What a reference this early. Other than that, it's been kind of a quiet week because most people have already announced, like their fall titles, and this is by far the busiest time of the year. We have more titles coming out right now than the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: There are people like Fidelity Emotion. Oh my gosh, you cannot get them to answer an email right now because they are so busy. I've had a couple of companies this week that have literally said, Yep, we don't know what to do because stuff is behind and we are trying to do all this stuff, so we're screwed. Terror Vision's last Friday announcement will be tomorrow. One of the things that we were supposed to be doing with them is delayed because it has been so busy this fall.
Speaker 3: So are you talking about my preorder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your pre order specifically, we held to the side. All that to say, have a lot of patience with these companies right now. There's a lot going on before we go into pickups and recent watches. The last thing that I will say is probably not going to affect many of you watching live. However, for everybody listening to the podcast after this is going to have an effect on some of you. And this is where I bring up the allegations of this show being far too political. I'm gonna just head that off right now and say fine, if you think it's too political, this isn't the show for you. I vehemently disagree with everything that is happening to this country with Ice right now, and with Spotify allowing them to play ads supporting Ice. I and many of the shows on the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network are removing our shows from Spotify, and I wanted to let you know that after this week, the show will no longer be on the Spotify platform. So if that's where you listen, I'm giving you this warning to say, start subscribing on another platform because I will not be putting this on Spotify, and by next Friday, when the show goes up, it will not be there.
Speaker 3: Is this the bad time that I should tell you that YouTube also puts up the Ice ads?
Speaker 2: Sure, the hard part is that cannot be avoided. I do understand that that is likely happening. But the only way that we can push back against some of these really shitty corporations is by taking away their opportunity to make money. And they need our content to make money, so we are not going to be UH continuing to add to that, So fuck Ice, fuck everything that they do, and UH based on that goodbye to Spotify. It's a good rule in life.
Speaker 3: Don't be a little bitch. It's very simple.
Speaker 2: That's about it.
Speaker 3: Colton.
Speaker 2: This is one of the worst sentences I've ever read in my life. I Colton says, I have to watch ice ads during fucking Jeopardy. That sucks.
Speaker 3: What is bullshit?
Speaker 2: I I was gonna add so much more, but I really can't get fired tomorrow, so I will just be quiet. Anyways, you wanted to pick ups first, or you want to do recent watches.
Speaker 3: Let's do recent watches. I of course just got a cramp, because I get a cramp every single time I'm on your damn show. What this is? I think it's just the way I sit in my chair.
Speaker 2: But well, and I just shifted a little bit. Ever since I started losing weight this year. This year is killing my ass on this chair. So like nine times the show, I'm like, Okay, I gotta move a little bit.
Speaker 3: There's a little more phones down there. You got to move to the couch. You gotta have a like a disconnected couch.
Speaker 2: Oh I wish I could. I would love to do this from a lazy boy, just kind of chilling all night.
Speaker 3: He's like a professor X chair.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not a bad idea telling ye what have you been watching?
Speaker 3: Well, I'd have been a bit busy couple of weeks, so I actually had to cancel a lot of my my viewings. But I did manage to get to the Alamo Draft House and see Frankenstein. Because Netflix does not put their stuff in AMC yep. Uh do I get a consistence? Has people seeing Frankenstein? Can I talk about it? Is anyone gonna feel angry if I start? Because I know it's limited as far as what they can who can see it?
Speaker 2: I mean speaking generalizations. No spoilers, nothing has been It's not even on Netflix yet, soolers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not breaking the mold, so I'm not. It's a what three hundred year old story, so you know, we know the basic idea of it. I really want to call out any film critic Brandon. I should have if it didn't cost me so much and I order dinner with it, so I just had to stay and watch it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I caught all the critics that say, oh, this is a very faithful adaptation.
Speaker 2: No it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not a faithful adaptation. I mean it does the basic idea of like Victor Frankenstein makes a monster, which I think pop culture has ruined the story because most people just think that's the story. And I actually just recently read Frankenstein and the book has no dialogue, I mean for the most part, and it's a lot of descriptions of scenery. It is a feminist story. So the problem is is that basically, if you are adapting this story that is very basic and you are putting in dialogue, it's your dialogue, it's not Mary Shelley's. And if you divert from the story at hand, you're now not telling this feminist story. You're telling your own story. So the question is the story worth telling? And we're going to get into that probably later on when we have our discussion. But it the movie has no like, no point. It's pretty basic, and it's just I didn't feel like, and many of people have said this already. Del Tora has already done this before with better with other films, right, because again the story he tells with Frankenstein, that it's because it is not really the Frankenstein story. Frank was could have been another story and just say, oh, you know, it's kind of like, you know, this is kind of like the Franken It's like, helped me out here, the Emma Stone movie Poor Things, Poor Things, Yeah, yeah, which is Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's literally like an adaptation of the same story.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it says so much more in telling it. And this is very Look, it's gorgeous. I cannot fall to that. It is amazingly shot. The practical effects, everything is great. But at the heart of it, it's Frankenstein. But they've taken out all the things that make the story Frankenstein. What are you left with? And unfortunately it's.
Speaker 2: Just that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not much. That's all I'll say on that. As far as other movies, I saw Black Phone two. I thought the feeling that you didn't like Black Phone two as much as I did.
Speaker 2: I liked it a lot. I liked it a lot more than the first one.
Speaker 3: Because I messaged you after I saw it. I was like, oh man, there's so making a third and you said they better not.
Speaker 2: I mean, I here's the thing. I did say that because this was like, it did feel very final at the end of this, but also so did part one. I was not like walking out a Part one. I never expected there to be a sequel, let alone that I would love the sequel compared to the first one, because I walked to the first one feeling quite tepid, and the second one I thought was very good. I think there was some some logic pain points, but other than that, which in a film like that, there had to be logic pain points. Other than that, it's better performances, it's a better storyline, it's a miracle of plot that they were able to pull out of that. It's it's fantastic compared to the first one. But I feel like you already pulled off one miracle. You probably don't need to try to pull off the third.
Speaker 3: For a second, there were things I kept waiting for, and I'm not going to go into specifics, good if people haven't seen it. I kept waiting. I'm like, oh, and then this is going to happen, and it's going to turn out to be this. We'll talk about it afterwards. Yeah, but I think this is like their Halloween two, and I think like that they should just stop it with that character, yeah, and move on to something else. Like the ability that these kids have can can lend itself to any number of stories, just like Halloween was supposed to be like a serial. It's like a news story every time get off of that character, the Snatcher or whatever he's called the grapper ever grab in the Snatch, and it just needs to go away from that unless you can, like somehow delve into what it is that that brings him back the season of the Witch. Yeah, exactly, Like again, all these people all over the world are kidnapped, and it's like she's like the psychic and he's like the It's like a team. It's like a you know, you know, ghost hunters or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 3: It's at the conjuring. Basically, it's like junior conjure. So I I enjoyed what they did, but I kept saying like, well, you're either going to explain more, yeah, or or move on to something else, because I really thought they were going to expand and reveal some twists from the first one, and then they didn't. I was like, well, then what's this point? But again, I wouldn't mind a third one. I really liked, like you said, the way they shot. I love that that is it sixteen milimeter?
Speaker 2: I think it might have even been eight milimeter.
Speaker 3: It might have been eight or am I. I couldn't tell if it was real or they just did something to like, you know, artificially make it look.
Speaker 2: From what I read, I believe it was accurate. And Dereckson did the same thing for Sinister as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no they did. I heard the interviewed them and said, yeah, it is definitely real film. So yeah, and then I think that's about I'm pulling up my AMC app because that's how much I don't freaking remember at this point what I've seen. I was supposed to see Bogonia, but I didn't, So I think I'm actually going to see that tomorrow night rather than doing that that doubleheader that AMC is doing the two, because I feel like I'm gonna be I feel like they're kind of hyping it and I'm like, I bet you these aren't good and that's like they're mush them together. Yeah, and I feel like I'm going to get more out of Bogonia and I love Yugoslanthon.
Speaker 2: So I hear that, and I don't know if it's even on your radar, but I am hearing that everybody needs to see Anniversary if they get a chance, and you should try to see that this weekend.
Speaker 3: What which one explain to me what that is? Because I've heard Why do I know that I've heard that title? Uh? Do I know that?
Speaker 2: It's it's hyped as a horror movie that's going under the radar, that is very relevant to today. We'll not say much more, but if you get a chance. Everybody that I have seen it has only raved about it.
Speaker 3: This is not the one with the Oh no, Keeper is the one I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keeper is the next Oz Perkins. And that's like two weeks or something like how.
Speaker 3: Can this guy film so much in one year? Everything's like it's like and we're talking about your new film, Oz and he says like, yeah, well let's get ready for my next one.
Speaker 2: And both of those I believe were filmed last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I'll have to look it up. I've I've heard that that that that word anniversary. I do want to it's oh, I've seen here now yeah, I'll check out the trail. Ohh and now I know I did. I saw I saw a scene from it. Diane Lane, yes, yes, yeah, okay, yes, yes, yes, And and Kyle Chandler with who whom I love and I saw tron arish.
Speaker 2: How is that music video?
Speaker 3: That's what it is if you go into it the very moment the screen goes dark and the red I starts three D printing the Disney thing. You go and some three D and you're like, Okay, this is what this is. Because every time they start talking about like science and like like, oh well, inside the Tron world, the meta bites and and but we can't get the thing to do, and you're going, I know if that makes much sense and just goes I'm like, oh, okay, I forgot what I was thinking about. Yeah, this looks cool, It's like and then ever you're gonna you're like, wait, so if he's got access to the key, why does she Okay, you know them near mine? Yeah, that's what it is. And it's like, honestly, I went back and listened to the my friends Love nine inch Nail, so I'm like listening to the soundtrack. There's no tracks where I'm like, oh yeah that track. Yeah, I don't know why the visuals need to go with it. It's not something I would listen to. Whereas the Daft punk score from from Tron Legacy It's like, yeah, I can listen to any of those tracks and be like, yeah, let's go, let's go it. So what have you seen too much?
Speaker 2: It's been a very very busy week, and I.
Speaker 3: Say, can you see me? Ryan? Are you okay at least a little bit?
Speaker 2: Not only was it an overwhelming week where I had to purchase multiple tickets because I used all four of my amc that passes before, but I watched a lot at home this week too, A bunch of stuff I can't talk about, but the big one.
Speaker 3: I thought you said I watched a lot of Homeless this week. I was like, and I quickly got it. I quickly got what you were saying. But it really is. I was like, yes, people watching the Homeless.
Speaker 2: Like, yep, I'm frozen.
Speaker 3: No, he's frozen. Oh you're just like I just like watching bum fights or something like that.
Speaker 2: Whoops, Yeah, I actually like Dangerous Animals. I was. I was into that one. But uh yeah this week was crazy. Uh so, uh the big one I want to shout out. We had our monthly Patreon watch along on Sunday night and we watched Kyoshi Kirosawa's cloud that was an announcement last week and I hinted that I was excited to be watching it soon surprised everybody showed that Sunday night, and it's a good movie. I'm probably gonna piss off a lot of people by saying this. I liked it a lot more than Cure. I am not a big fan of Cure, and this was to me much better than Cure. Not not a five star movie or anything like that, but very very good, very interesting that the second half specifically, God, there's some really wonderfully like setup shots in that. Did you get a chance to when that that one yet?
Speaker 3: Cloud Yep? I have not. I've not uh delved in the case, and I probably will would love because I have Cure. I had the UK is it Eureka?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I had the release, Yeah, which I figure is enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was there controversy on the Criterion release? I feel like did they change something on the Cloud Cure? The Memory Memories of a Murder? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That one that one they did? Yes, okay, okay, And it wasn't even them, It was Bong that did it. So yeah, that was that was Cloud. Oh kb's on my team, Thank you, KB? Sing other stuff? What's that?
Speaker 3: Not to be confused with the cure. No, that is much more controversial.
Speaker 2: Other stuff that I watched this week that is worth talking about because hot take Shelby Oaks is not worth talking about. So I want to skip right over that one. I showed my kids A Rackingophobia. Uh, that was a fun time. I love that movie. John Goodman is hilarious. Yeah, I remember so much about watching that when I was younger, and man, there's some really great scenes in that movie. I completely appreciate the way they tell that story. I feel like it's just a unique setup, lots of tension, it's so well done, and it's something so easy with spy, Like we all hate spiders for the most part. It's like a ninety eight percent hated thing. Uh huh, Yeah, it's pretty great. I love Racknophobia.
Speaker 3: I almost hate spiders more than I hate sharks because sharks I don't go in the ocean because I don't fuck with that's their world and this is mine. So they're not They're not, you know, coming on to land. But spiders are just fucking everywhere. And yeah that movie. Oh that last scene in the basement and just the speed in which that thing moves. Why do they have so many eyes, why do they have It's like you can't just mix and match. They don't need all those legs, they don't need all those eyes, they don't need fur. What fuck, I'll take all the flies. I know they eat the flies. I don't care. Leave the flies. Get that spider. I can't stand it. Whenever I seem like like someone like like, what's it? The is it rusty? The older brother in home alone? I'm like, that's right there, like you know that person's trouble because it's like what person wants a spider yep, Like, would be willing to have a spider walk on them? No? No, no, Ryan, No, not not a fan. Huh. I'd rather sleep on a bet of scorpions than spiders.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Scorpions are exactly what they look like there, there's hard shell and they got the little spike. I can look at a scorming goth that's a scorpion, but a spider is just like there's something skittery. I don't like skitariness. I can do some heads. I can do everything I do. I love caterpillars, love a nice little sweet caterpillar on me. But again, I do the spider no spider.
Speaker 2: So uh, real quick, before I get into my other two things I was going to talk about. I am jealous Asylum Mandibles has got my ticket for bahu Bali the Epic tomorrow. Early this week I watched the Until the Story, which is pretty good. I'm dying to see Bahu Bali and it is showing it one theater around me, and I can't fit it into the schedule because it's fucking forever long, sadly.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, two more things to cover real quick. One that I hated and one that I think is going to go underseen by most people.
Speaker 3: I know when you hated. I know which when you hated.
Speaker 2: Tell the world which one I hated.
Speaker 3: Then I will say that you regretted watching this movie.
Speaker 2: That's not the one I'm gonna cover. I was entertained watching regretting you. It's not a good movie, but I was entertained watching it. The one that I hated is the next horror section film, and that is dream Eater. Dream Eater is a found footage film that is about a couple that has a The male half of the couple is experiencing sleepwalking like to the worst degree. He is somebody that is suddenly appearing violent while sleepwalking, and so based on that, his therapist has said, you should get away, just go take some time for you and your your partner, stay you know, out somewhere remote, take care of like, just just take take care of yourself. And I'm like that, first of all, that's not even a good plan.
Speaker 3: That is a terrible that what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yes, So that that's already a strike against them. So they go after this remote, remote cabin in the middle of it snowstorm, and it is poorly acted, poorly written, derivative in terms of every single plot point. Everything falls apart in this movie. But the worst thing is, like it's two people on camera for ninety percent of the film. There's like a cut in with the therapist here and there and the supernatural guy that knows everything about the demon that's at for them and all that. All of that is happening too, But the two people that are on camera are just bad at everything that they're doing. They're not great actors, they're not telling the story. Well know, the whole point of this is you don't know anything associated with the film and it's Eli Roth producing. So it's gotten on some stars like that man's No. Unfortunately, wait it's called dream Eater. Dream Eater two words?
Speaker 3: Does he eat her?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I want my money, I'm want my money. Act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ronnie was asking, what's the movie again? It is dream Eater. It is a I'd say it's one to avoid if you are like sitting on a full schedule. This is one that you're gonna regret watching. Even as a personal I love found footage for the most part, did not even like found footage. The only film that has been worse this year about found footage is Shelby Oaks because Shelby Oaks they didn't even know what medium they were trying to make the movie in. But yeah, Dreammeter was not good.
Speaker 3: If it's found footage.
Speaker 2: The way they're doing it is we're telling the female partner to document his sleepwalking and then she's filming all day long. That's not sleepwalking. It's like they ruined the conceit of it.
Speaker 3: First off, if they were a reality, it would all be in vertical, would not be in the landscape. Right, you can't tell me any young person's actually doing this like hey, honey, ey, No, they'd be like, I'm getting this ready for TikTok when you walk into the woods without your pants on, Oh that happens. Yeah, I'm not believing that. I can't stand titles that don't actually represent the film. And I feel the same like you ever listened to like like they have these like fantasy scores where it's like it's like action, like it's like trailer music, but it's not actually written. And it has names like Blades of Destiny. What the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What is a blade? It just two words that sound cool together, Blades of Destiny. I hate that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't love it either. But one I did love that hardly anybody is going to watch, and that is Blue Moon. Blue Moon is the newest Richard link Later movie starring Ethan Hawk. Ethan Hawk is incredible of this movie. This is all about Lorenz Hart, who is one of the lyricists behind the titular song blue Moon. They they of course play it early in the film and it is a beautiful chamber piece shot wonderfully like literally in the lobby of like an opera house type of the theater area, and you for ninety percent of the movie you're just watching Ethan Hawk speak beautifully that's it. He's just acting amazingly. I don't know what the hell they chose to do with this hairpiece. I'm sure it was meant to look like Reren's heart, but what's hilarious? He gets lost with that hair piece for most of the movie and then with like eight minutes left in the movie, he puts on a hat and you go, oh, it's even Hawk. It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Is he supposed to be very short?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think he does come across that way in the film.
Speaker 3: Because I saw the trailer. It's Margaret Qualley right, yes, okay, and she looks like she's being presented as very tall, so for.
Speaker 2: Some of those tell but she's also on heels too.
Speaker 3: Okay, because some of those shots makes it look like tiptoes. It's it's not it looks like almost like not quite like Lord of the Rings, Like he looks much smaller than her.
Speaker 2: Yet Ethan Hawk is having a hell of a moment right now. Jeez, we were just talking about Black Phone too. We're talking about this the lowdown on FX. That's crazy. So yeah, Blue Moon brand new movie from link later. It's like I said, lowentz heart, but also it's about the deeper story of Rogers and Hammerstein and all of that. Josh Like, there's so much to say. Because it's being a chamber piece, there's not a lot of scenery, but it's a beautiful little like lobby area. There's not a lot of characters, but they're developed wonderfully. There's not a lot of plot development, but because of how they're approaching the story, it is like a lot happens in life in a span of eighty five minutes, and it's truly just incredible acting from Ethan Hawk like he is he deserves an oscar for this, He's probably not going.
Speaker 3: To get it because it's almost like a play.
Speaker 2: Oh, this literally could have been adapted as a play just like this.
Speaker 3: God Yeah, I mean look, link Later has already proven himself as being able to do.
Speaker 2: Time and time again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just type of like, you know, just people talking for you know, the whole film, which being I'm waiting for the four k of the Before trilogy. I feel like that's like, yes, it's gone.
Speaker 2: It better be.
Speaker 3: Because he has said I mean he said it multiple times, but even though recently said that there's another there's a possibility of a fourth film, but that this is the trilogy is done, and that this might this would probably be something else, like the after trilogy, like like you know, maybe they got divorced and you know, now this is them, right, who knows. I mean, I wouldn't smoering it. I wouldn't mind if it was, like you know, they just kept doing these things every ten to fifteen years until you know, one of them passes and maybe even do Like I don't know, but did you like Midnight?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's not it's not Sunrise, but it's it's still.
Speaker 3: Are you a Sunrise person?
Speaker 2: I got? I love Sunrise? Okay, truly, I'm I think the biggest thing is I'm like died in the world dialogue person, And the dialogue in Sunrise is the best of the trilogy. Yeah, the chemistry, it develops early and you hear you hear things that you can imagine people actually saying, which in link later films doesn't like. That's one of his big claim to fames, like it's so realistic because of how he treats his characters. But I mean, I love them all, but Sunrise is just kind of my jam.
Speaker 3: People seem to be like really keen on Sunset, like like have said, it's like, you know, it's way better than the first one. I'm like, I like the second one. Yeah, it's good. I feel like it is very short. It's probably the shortest of all three. Yeah, and and it ends for me a little bit abruptly, like it's a very abrupt ending, like, yeah, are apart. I'm sorry. It's people talking, but they're in a place and they're talking. You get there and then and it ends, and then you're like, oh, I thought there was more to say.
Speaker 2: Can somebody please clip that and replace the synopsis on IMDb with that? Please? That would thank you, thank you so much. Yeah, it's it's great. I do prefer Sunrise, but uh, it's it's just a It's an incredible trilogy, and I would if they could keep the quality up, I wouldn't be upset making a quadrilogy.
Speaker 3: I mean the Midnight I like Midnight, but I feel and I get it and it's an appropriate continuation, right, it's also very realistic. Yeah, it just brings me down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: I go to Sunrise to feel inspired and then they give me Midnight because they want to give me a reality check.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Instead people saying you're getting too political in here. They should be saying you're getting too midnight in here.
Speaker 2: All right, you want to talk about some pickups?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well the first one is so obviously like everyone else, I've been picking off the bones of show Factory's website. Unfortunately, none of my stuff arrived and they don't really give you, Like my tracking number is really hard to look up, like I can't see where it is. So yeah, I don't know. I mean, I'll have to look a little. I'm sure it's on its way. But I picked this up because it was already off their site by the time it was on sale. I had in my I had in my cart and then it disappeared. It's like I like, damn day. Yeah, so I got that off Amazon for basically the same price.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The reason these are all still seals because they literally showed up yesterday, So it's not because I'm not opening them. So this was actually supposed to be here Friday tomorrow, but it showed.
Speaker 2: Up early great movie, wonderful movie, and it showed up with this wonderful movie. I love them both.
Speaker 3: This marking now complete carpenter for me on HD not unfotunate, including Masters of four Yes, masters of Oh good, yeh, that's what we are. I knew I thought someone in the chat was going to say something. In fact, I forgot to turn the comments on. Oh there we go. I didn't think it would be you. I didn't think it would be you Ryan or yes, I do have it. I feel like i'd seen the trailer for this when it came out, and then it came and went and I just never saw it. A duchess. Yeah it's a b DR. So everyone can start griping now. But I love me a le Nikita rip off, like a revenge type of you know, hot girl kicking ass. So its a and it was five ninety nine on Amazon or so I'm not gonna argue that this I picked up as a blind bike because I missed it in the theater.
Speaker 2: Good movie. I enjoyed that one.
Speaker 3: I love me a little neo noir, which is what this looks like. Yep, my am I correct, And assuming that.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, I would lean, I would lean more towards the like the absurdity of Coen Brothers setting up against a just very not like comedic background. But you're you're gonna like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, See, I feel like this design when I see this tells me Coen Brothers. It also tells me something like what's the diner one that you love so much?
Speaker 2: Oh? Last top and you mccunty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all have this type of yep design to them. You know. I feel like I feel like Honey Don't did the same type of art.
Speaker 2: Orp. Also, what a hell of a year Paul Walter Hauser is having that and Fantastic four, and then I just saw on this week in the Springsteen movie too.
Speaker 3: Oh how is the Springsteen movie?
Speaker 2: It is boring as fuck. I think my letterbox review was why does everybody keep trying to remake Walk Hard? The Dewey Cock story and it ruined? Evident music biopics are done, don't do it again.
Speaker 3: Unless something really tragic happened to the person. Even then, that's what everyone's waiting for. That's the thing, is everyone's kind of waiting for, like the giant fall from Grace or something. That's what they're But if there's like he's alive, he's fine, he's still writing new music, it's like okay.
Speaker 2: Right, But even then something really tragic like Dewey's brother was cut in half. You're not gonna top that.
Speaker 3: Dewey Cox says the thing about his entire life before he goes on stage, which is funny because they did that literally for uh the Bob Marley movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's identical not to cut into this, but I didn't know Paul Walter Hauser was the guy in the Pressure Luck movie. I really need to watch that.
Speaker 3: Damn heard that.
Speaker 2: It's uh, yeah, it's supposed to be carry Mulligan in my right. It's supposed to be about the guy that like gained the system because he studied it so much that he knew exactly when to press the button. And uh, I don't remember what it's called, but it's supposed to be great.
Speaker 3: I have to check it out.
Speaker 2: Did you see the doctors here? And he says, there goes the neighborhood high Sumner.
Speaker 3: Hey, uh, what it hurts when I do this?
Speaker 2: Well, he's just gonna tell you to stop doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hurts, hurts when I do this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say a shout out to doctor Will. He's got an event that happens tonight that he's gonna be talking about on next week's show that I cannot wait to hear about Oh.
Speaker 3: You know, many ever problems the first step? Will?
Speaker 2: What else you got there?
Speaker 3: Will? And I We're gonna be doing this dance forever. I got nothing wrong. In case anyone wonders, I got nothing wrong. Will? I love Will? I just give Will shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If he ever things that I'm really trying to like dig at him. That's not my goal at all.
Speaker 2: Fuck, Walton Gog is just the host and the luckiest man in America. This is going on my immediate watch list.
Speaker 3: Thanks Carrie, good Lord, Malton.
Speaker 2: Guy God love him.
Speaker 3: But I picked this up from your favorite website, Movies Unlimited, along with this surprisingly with a fucking slipcover. Wow right, I guess that's what happens when you order directly from the supplier. It's just whatever they have left, which makes you think maybe I should order Halloween two from them and maybe they'll have a hard box. Would you say it will not happen?
Speaker 2: And it will, But uh, I'll take that bet double or nothing. I've already said it.
Speaker 3: You know you're gonna buy me a fucking movie. Everybody's like, what are they talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anything else?
Speaker 3: No that I mean as well? Of course. Well, I mean, it's Halloween episode, so I should probably that's pretty I should. I should probably bring this this thing up. Yeah, you're your favorite person.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Long is pissed off right now because Amazon was just showing uh like order placed still and he went and talked to customer service today and they said, oh, it's still pending and it's showing it will be delivered on December eighth. Do we think he's gonna get that?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna hope so. But at the same it's like, you know, they're just trying to get through the orders. I mean, at this point, I feel like if they were gonna say like, hey, I'm sorry, like would you like your money, but like we're going to cancel this it's not available. Clearly they're still playing I mean, if they're saying December, they're playing it up like they still got stuff there. What's what's gonna be the point between now and December when they cancel his order. They're only gonna piss him off more would be the point, I don't think. And again, look, customer service doesn't have jack shit. I mean, they have no access to that stuff. Sure're so sure if they have an intermission title. Anyways, I'm gonna go into my pick up. You drink king when you're not hosting.
Speaker 2: He's not drinking what he is hosting. It's the funniest part. First, we'll go us A wanted me to watch Prisoner of War, so they sent this to me. Just got this in today. Scott Atkins knew a movie which is uh Atkins, Scott. Uh, this actually looks really great, decent looking release.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: There are zero special features on here. I wish we'll go would do something. But Scott Adkins pretty damn great at what he does.
Speaker 3: Hey, what he does is great. Boy he does is in very nice, which is kick a lot of ass. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: My next is a trilogy of pickups. I I rail against steel books generally. I'm not a huge fan of them, even though I have far too many of them. When you're gonna release a film only on steel book that I love, I got to get it. So of course for Halloween here Saw two.
Speaker 3: Here is arc in your room, and people are like, what are we looking at?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take this leave off because they're they're actually really great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no, I love it.
Speaker 2: And then Saw three. This one's pretty cool. Too, because you get the pig mask and you take off the mask and it's Amanda underneath.
Speaker 3: Oh nice.
Speaker 2: And then this one is wild because it's got this crazy Billy the Puppet. Then you take it off and it's like this abstract, electronic Billy the Puppet.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do you think they're gonna do one for every single Saw movie?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I mean, they might do a steel book for every single Saw movie. Most of them cannot even like properly be on four K because I they were filmed, So yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: No. I mean I did have a very funny incident which was would have been a pickup, but it isn't. Because I saw on Amazon that original Sin, the Antonio Menderus and James Julian movie. They have a media book out and like this third party company was like, hey, we got one left. It comes to like twenty dollars with shipping. I was like, oh fuck, I'll got that. Sure, it's usually like twenty eight dollars. Yeah, fortune, that's a good one. Well, see, that's a good one. And then it arrives and actually I had forgotten what this would have been, and it came in the little bubblemailer. I said, this is so light. There's a movie in here. It's the DVD, and I can see where they could be mistaken. I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, this is your business. You know what you what I want. And I thought maybe I made the mistake. And then I went back and looked like, no, it's the media book. And I started the return and I said this wrong thing was shipped. And they didn't write back the next day like hey, we're sorry this happened or whatever. They're just like, all right, return it. You're s that's not what's there, that's not how it works.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So and we call them on. I'll have time to think about that joke well, and then I'm probably I'll probably laugh at it.
Speaker 2: Uh So, before we get into our announcements tonight, we are going to be talking about horror sequels. And that is said very vaguely, because what we're going to be doing is pitching five horror sequels to films that do not have sequels or that need a new sequel in their line. And I'm excited about this. I have four of the five in physical next to me that I'm gonna be able to talk about.
Speaker 3: After all, I should have pulled out the physical.
Speaker 2: You know, and I am I kind of really want to see these movies now that I've thought about it for the last few days.
Speaker 3: I want to put a discretion on this thing. If anyone's watching this any studios for whatever reason, possibly I don't know, just in case these are our fucking ideas.
Speaker 2: And we need to we need a credit, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Like I know, I can't. These are ideas that actually stewing my brain for a while, and I'm like, I know, I can't sell you it because it's your property, but you can't take my idea either, So my idea come find me.
Speaker 2: Other than that, we're actually gonna be talking a little bit about the Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday pre orders, which are going to be starting not tonight but tomorrow night at midnight Eastern, So we want to make sure everybody's up to date on what is being planned for tomorrow night and maybe do some speculating on what some of the titles are going to be, and looking at all these lines of maybe what this new Reviver is going to be that they are hinting yet, well, I guess you did not read that in the fact, we'll do that together afterwards.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, we'll read together.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will. Any anything else I'm forgetting before we get into the announcements.
Speaker 3: One thing I'll a little bragging point. Well, well, first of all, I should probably mention that I have an eBay store. Now, I didn't lose my job, but I did start my own business. So uh, in case anyone is and I'm this is not anyone saying me saying you need to spend money. Do not feel compelled to do anything. I just wanted to say if you're if you're interested, this is my little business card. Here. Here you go.
Speaker 2: Look at the spot closs.
Speaker 3: Spot Loss, just like a VS slipcover. In case anyone wants to check it out. That's the QR car. I'm just gonna hold that up for a second in front of my face in case anyone wants that.
Speaker 2: I forgot to put the link in the description. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I don't worry about it. It's fine. But one other thing that I forgot to mention, and this actually happened before the last year. I think everyone's got at this point. Tell me if you didn't, is that I got a shout out from boy Meets World. But I forgot to mention this, and this was a big deal for me. I don't know why I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't do I forgot about that completely.
Speaker 3: So much to talk about last time. I just completely and it was a big to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if no one knows, three of the cast members from Boy Meets World have it podcast called pod Beats World. It is a pretty big following now because Daniel Fischle is on Dancing with the Stars as well, and they had a competition for a mister Feenie impersonation, and I felt confident that I could do a pretty good William Daniels.
Speaker 2: So, which you know, you're gonna have to do it now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to You're gonna have to get me a chance to warrant because that I can't just pull it out, but I will at some point.
Speaker 2: So because I.
Speaker 3: Really was like late at night, I like had the tape requiter. I'm just like doing it over and over and over and over again, and I thought, I feel confident, maybe they'll mention me. And then I listened to the episode and her husband, who is the producer, brings it up and he goes, this is Daniel, and he's like, I think this is really good and they were like, oh my god, like that's the best one so far. It came down between me and and one other guy and they ended up like she was the tiebreaker and she's like, I don't want to decide. Can't they both be winners? Can't we send them both a T shirt? But like they spent like twenty twenty five minutes like debating back and forth, like is it him? Can play it again? Can we hear his voice again? There was so much here? Did you actually hear the thing?
Speaker 2: Of course the moment we talked about this when it was released.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, and it's like multiple times and Daniel Fishal is like saying my name and I'm literally doing a high five with sixteen year old me through the space time continuum. I'm like, I told you would do it. I told you would do it.
Speaker 2: Man Like, yeah, it's just that Tapega knows your name Tepega.
Speaker 3: If I went up do or said hey, I'm I'm the mister Feenie from the comp she would know that. And that is like and her husband is Brently, a big physical media collector. So I'm wondering if he watches this show. So Jensen, if you're in the chat, if you're listening to this tomorrow not on Spotify, I you know, message me back. You have my email and I had I almost wore today. I didn't have the I had a T I have a T shirt. They sent me a good looking guy starring Eric Matthews. But I said, Will's gonna be in the chat. And if I say I went as good looking guy, He's gonna go. So what do you go as the other three hundred sixty four days of the year. I knew I had to joke away from Will. I said, Will's gonna make that joke. So I had to take it back and you.
Speaker 2: Still said it. Oh my god, No, it's mine.
Speaker 3: Just like these ideas for the movie sequels are mine. That joke is mine.
Speaker 2: So can we hear the mister Feenian.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have almost like closed my eyes because now I'm seeing my face doing it.
Speaker 2: Just look at Tapinka.
Speaker 3: That's the way. Mister Matthews. Oh, it's too British though, shoots Matthews, come here. I have my hamlet.
Speaker 7: He may well, he may, he may bump into the scenery, he may talk like a hay Seed for I know tomorrow he may show up in KABOOKI makeup. Nevertheless, he is my hamlet. I do how I have an opening for spear Carrier.
Speaker 3: I can do a little bit better. I have to warm up.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good, it's pretty good.
Speaker 7: But he talks sig this he's very you know, he does that fake you know New England accent that all the all the actors used to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's good enough for at least first or second place in a contest.
Speaker 3: The guy who I tied with was so were moments that such perfection. I was like, I just give it to him. Like he said, words like like Michael Michael, the answer to us making lam jump are slim to nomb I also sound like the I'm a president of SAG and I also sound like the guy from seventeen seventy six and the guy from uh not General Hospital. What's the someone will tell me out here.
Speaker 2: We got to hear a Kit impression.
Speaker 3: That's Michael Michael. That's that's Kit. They are making this jump. I'll sit none.
Speaker 2: We had four. I got a message asking for a Kit impression before you started doing it.
Speaker 7: I have been working in a sound booth with David Hasselhoff for four seasons. I watched that man eat a hamburger off the floor.
Speaker 3: During the recording. Thank you, Rynie.
Speaker 2: I I for those that know Anthony, Anthony DMed me on a discord to say he has to do a kit impression as well. So that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Do mister Belvedere? I know I haven't listened to mister Belvedere's voice in Forever. Yes I can, however, do Oh, Punky Brewster's.
Speaker 2: Dad, it's so specific.
Speaker 3: Punky, he's the general from He's the head cop from police Academy. Now, oh, hi, tawa.
Speaker 2: Any any more contests to shut up before the announcements?
Speaker 3: Well, Anthony Hopkins, I have a whole one for for Anthony Hopkins. About to do that later, Severn Dart. Who are these people I'm getting? Oh, now I'm despelling. I'm trying to think of, like what I usually say from Anthony Hopkins impersonation. All these British people are just running exactly what do we have about it? Hello? Race? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, no, us are so bad.
Speaker 3: The only voicing nails is operats. Well, you are trying to wedge that insult like a round peg into a square hole?
Speaker 2: Are we ready for announcement?
Speaker 3: Yes, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go into it. Treasured Films on February twenty third in the UK, December sixteenth in the US. Yes, you're reading that right. February in the UK, December in the US. They are putting out Jolly Guns and Gore. The Brutal Films of Darren Wards covers three films from nineteen ninety seven all the way up through twenty nineteen. And this is the entire output of the John wu of Southampton, which is a hell of a title. I have never seen any of these. I would love to hear if anybody has. This has an illustrated book with an interviewing career, retrospective essay by Toalm Lee Rudder and new box artwork by Lawn Sheety, who's on the shelf Shock.
Speaker 3: For Rewine Awards this year. So shout out a Lawn.
Speaker 2: We got a webstore exclusive set of three postcards if you want them, signed by the director. And then the three films. We got Sudden Fury from nineteen ninety seven, we've got a Day of Violence from twenty ten, then we've got Beyond Fury from twenty nineteen, all kinds of extras on all three films. This is the first box set the Treasured Films has done. And kind of curious that it's a dual US and UK release. I don't think I remember you talking much about Treasured Films.
Speaker 3: Do you have anything from them? I can look it up in my movie? Is that because I honestly, if I did, it's probably named some things that they have, and I mighty they did.
Speaker 2: Is it you might be a Killer?
Speaker 3: That was the title?
Speaker 2: I think they're the ones that just did Mikey. Mikey is shipping now?
Speaker 3: Is it finally shipping?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is shipping now. They're the ones that did the last Shark.
Speaker 3: I have nothing from them, nothing nice. How is their quality until the title?
Speaker 2: They some high highs, some very low lows.
Speaker 3: So Mikey, I should pre order or not pre order?
Speaker 2: Not not seeing any reviews yet because it's little like it literally just started shipping today.
Speaker 3: It will cost me less if I just wait for like the Black Friday like MVD sale.
Speaker 2: Well, it's only a UK release, so it won't be on No.
Speaker 3: I mean in the essence, I can get the movie the MVD version.
Speaker 2: That's true, true, But they did get a lot more extras on the new version, so this is true.
Speaker 3: I will say this, Well, first off, when you say December, are you saying February and the UK December of next year? Nope, December this year. And then okay, okay, that makes for sense. It's so weird. The front cover is like yeah, and then I see that booklet I go huh, like that looks like a brochure to work at a bank anyway. Yeah, well he just looks like a very boring British guy. I have not heard of these films, so unfortunately can't have any opinion on them. But when you say Gialli, I'm all ears so. But there's such a broad it's like noir. There's such this broad definition of what Gilli.
Speaker 2: Is, right, and it's from the UK and the oldest film here is nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Well it's like it's like what was it the Cauldron? One that's like Giallo or Jialli and it's like supernatural. And then even some people debate whether or not, like Suspiria is Giallo.
Speaker 2: So Suspiria is not a Ciallo film.
Speaker 3: But it is our Gento, so people say, oh it is or it is right right, So so I don't know what the what? What if do you know of these three? What? What of it is? Gialli?
Speaker 2: I know one of the actors has been in a couple of other jolly films, but uh, that's all I got. I gotta point out, Stan, this is maybe the most unhinged comment we've got all night. He says, I would ride right or strong, and then also, happy birthday to mister Paul Berryman, who's in the chat.
Speaker 3: Paul, Happy birthday, Stan. I don't know what to say. I mean, I can't blame yet, but.
Speaker 2: But I won't shoin you. So treasured films. This was their announcement last week. Heads up, they are announcing another title tomorrow morning, so be on the lookout for that as well. Next up is in print announcing two TV titles last week January seventh, or the release date for both of these. We got Blu ray releases four Rod Serling's Night Galleries, the first one. There are audio commentaries on every single episode in this box set, and on top of that, some of them have more than not only just more than one, some of them have more than two. They have new audio commentaries recorded, they have new extras recorded for all three. There's also a bonus disc with some new interviews and new special features that they've not announced yet. There's a lot or if you are a night gallery stand, I mean.
Speaker 3: If you want them all, how much is this retailing for?
Speaker 2: I mean it's imprint, so it's probably like seven hundred dollars, but it's it's not because I've.
Speaker 3: Hid the ones from Keno. But the thing is, whatever's I think at season three is more expensive than the other two. And I'm like, OK, one of them is more expensive than all the others, and I'm like, I don't want to spend all those money on like the series.
Speaker 2: And I don't know it is it's one fifty Australian, I don't know, so that's probably like one hundred ish US one ten something like that. That. Honestly, for everything, this isn't that bad.
Speaker 3: I mean I have to imagine it's the same scans as what Kino has, So if I.
Speaker 2: Want you that bad, they are the same scans. This just has more extras if you're into.
Speaker 3: That, gotcha. I mean, for first off, I thought that was Sam Waterson. When I looked at them, I saw those eyebrows and like the Yeah, the lip's gone, but now I see the rot throwing of it all. But I really thought it was Sam Waterson.
Speaker 2: I will say Imprint is usually really great with art. I feel like this is one of they're not so great outings. The box art does not look great.
Speaker 3: I like the front, I gotta say I don't. I don't even think it needed the floating head. I think saying rod Serling is enough for anyone who's gonna buy this to know who rod Serling is.
Speaker 2: Look at that, I was spot on. Jim Harwood says Orbit has the night Gallery set for one oh six.
Speaker 3: That's not that I think it might even be less with Keno. It's just I've never seen I'm a huge twilight Zone fan. I've never seen Night Gallery.
Speaker 2: So it's very good.
Speaker 3: It would be a blind buy for me, and I don't think it's worth it. I like the classicness of the black and white. I don't as these are all color right, these are all so Yeah. I'm not a I'm not as big on the later things as even like the revival of twilight Zone, not the new one, not the not the one was done to first revival. Yeah, the first revival is not even for me as much as like the original black and white classics the first five seasons.
Speaker 2: What a phrase. That just was the first revival that is an awful.
Speaker 3: Let's say, well, decent say the same thing.
Speaker 2: That's true. Let's go to the next one. January seventh, also from Imprint is Supercar the Complete Series. This is one of the Jerry and Anderson titles. New audio commentaries on some of these, we've got new special features. This is a five disc blu ray box set, and of course it's got a forty eight page hardcover box or sorry, hardcover booklet in the box fifteen hundred limit. Looks pretty decent. Never seen the film or sorry, never seen the show. I like the Anderson style though, So.
Speaker 3: This oatmeal at Noon's not going to have it, but I can tell you who probably will have it on their shelves.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will not say the comment I was about to. Next November twenty fifth, we are getting a four K and blu ray release from Goldwin Films of Primitive War from this year. This thing, first of all, pretty pretty cheap for uh what this is? It's coming out at like twenty I think it was like eighteen dollars on four k right now in Amazon. I've heard this is shockingly great, like way better than all of the recent Jurassic Park movies. I missed this in the theater, but I want to see sure.
Speaker 3: I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at when I saw that poster on like the amc app Also, they should charge more money because they're gonna need to save up money for their lawyers. When Warner Brothers Susan for full metal jackets, full metal, I mean that is that is the full metal jacket? Is it? Not that it is?
Speaker 2: You just can't see the saying on the other side, but.
Speaker 3: That is they've clearly like taken it right from the poster, right, and I am.
Speaker 2: I mean to be fair that that was a well known thing that actually happened in Vietnam. So dinosaurs, No, the helmet'slf nothing.
Speaker 3: Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs, velociraptors are coming out of the trees.
Speaker 2: Man, there's all around us in.
Speaker 3: The writing raptors MANU, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean Spyder movie. Oh, the director of this also made Scurry. I've not even heard of Scurry.
Speaker 3: I guess spiders And now I'm not fucking watching it. So who put this one out.
Speaker 2: This is Goldwyn Films.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Warner Brothers has no association.
Speaker 2: With this nothing at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Honestly, Colton, that's a good take, he says. Listen, School Island was basically that, and yeah, in a way kind of and that happened too, it did, And I like School Island a lot.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We don't talk about Dark Forest very much for many reasons, but coming soon they are releasing a four K of Brute for or sorry Brute Corr from nineteen seventy one. This says it is a couple runs into a strange marine camp where soldiers perform training exercises. The girl gets tormented and the guy goes after them. What a piece of copy. This is number twelve in their Platinum series releases.
Speaker 3: For Dark Force.
Speaker 2: It will be available to order the biggest sales of the end of the year Black Friday at the end of November.
Speaker 3: Not to invoke the wrath of mister White dreads, but at some point someone has pointed out that platinum is not gold, right. Why did they make a gold four K case for their Platinum series? Why do you even why just call it your twenty four Carrot series. Why would you.
Speaker 2: Historically they don't make a lot of great decisions over there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to call it because like, look, a lot of these boutiques put out a lot of films that have very questionable content that you know, border on like really sarchistic, like sexist stuff, which unfortunately came out of the grindhouse of the seventies and eighties. But I feel like there is nothing that leaves the gate of Dark Force unless it has some type of assault and you know, guns and violence, right, I don't know, what do you think? I mean, Jayden, I'm all for it. I'm all for it. Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: I don't know what say, Like, it's Dark Force. Order at your own risk. You know what you're getting with these guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, at least he puts it out on time. At least he puts it out on time, Ryan, because some stuff is still at the printers. Some stuff is still at the printers.
Speaker 2: And I don't post about that company unless there's a title I feel like I have to. But uh yeah, next, let let's leave Dark Force and go to what is truly pop culture important here, The Walking Dead. Darryl Dixon Season three, coming to Blu Ray on December ninth, from AMC directly, not r l j E, AMC putting us out. This is the brand new twenty twenty five season of this. You've got two special features on here. You got Walking Dead Daryl Dixon Season three panel at Comic Con and then show me more the Walking Dead Daryl Dixon season three. Not sure what that means, but hey, it's there.
Speaker 3: How are they still alive?
Speaker 2: Because the dead are walking, not running?
Speaker 3: And where are they now? Look? I quit after like season after one of the main characters left. I just kind of and they did a time jump. I was just kind of like, im cool, huh cool cool, But the whole plane was like, wow, you guys walk like five miles and then stop and set up camp. It looks like they've gone to like another country.
Speaker 2: Ronnie says, they're in Europe.
Speaker 3: Now, How did they get to Europe.
Speaker 2: Riding on those arrows?
Speaker 3: No, like you can't. Did they manage to procure a plane?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: They really are in Europe? What the hell? How now I need to know? Like lay Side is saying, I saw a trailer for Gray's Anatomy the other day and I'm five seasons.
Speaker 2: A body in Europe.
Speaker 3: No, but I you when you watch the season, you go, who the fuck is that guy?
Speaker 2: Not of Gray's Anatomy. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like watching him just like, who is that.
Speaker 2: The ice Bridge came back?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, It's like.
Speaker 2: That's a that's hitting a little too close to home if ice is helping them. Oh man, let's go to our next one. Yeah uh, coming soon as an Amazon exclusive four K digipack here in the US from Lionsgate Good Fortune from this year. We don't have a release date for it yet, but you can't pre order this did you?
Speaker 3: Did you catch this one yet? I didn't, and I meant to. I felt like it was like because I was seeing a bunch of movies at the same time, and I was like it unfortunate, was like it was at the bottom of the list. Though it is a movie. I felt like it. I hate to say it's in the movie I could stream yeah right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like that. It's certainly not a required in theater watch.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Keanu Reeves character is like a character that like Jeremy could dress up as for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: And again everyone you I could have sworn this as a steel book looking at the at the mock up, right, but everyone's buying into the translucent slipcase.
Speaker 2: And well it's lions Kate they're doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh it is like, oh, well, there you go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. Decent movie. It's not amazing or groundbreaking or anything like that, but it's fun. It's nice to see seth Rogen and AZ's doing something together. Even though ASESE has not made great choices in twenty twenty five either.
Speaker 3: I'm a Master of None is still a masterpiece, masterpiece.
Speaker 2: I love Master of None. Yeah. Currently, we are starting into sale season, so basically every week for the next two months, we're gonna be talking about new sales every single week. The first one we were talking about tonight is Indicator. They've started their fall sale and it is live until the fifth of November and New UK time some really Gate really great not really Gate really great deals on their website. They're also doing this Golden ticket giveaway thing where they're giving away a golden ticket every day, plus choosing ten winners to get their cart for free. Lots of gimmicks to the sale, but good prices, like overall, their their standard editions are only like six pounds or something like that for many of them. Box sets really great. They did go slightly vinegar syndrome ish on this one with some bundles. I think it's kind of smart, but they yeah, check them out. They've got like a four K bundle which is literally like ten of the four K releases. I don't remember how much it was, but it worked out to where they were each like twenty twenty ish pounds twenty something like that.
Speaker 3: They had the whole genre on set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you really just want to go, you know now that you can get them all, I think, though I don't know if Iron roses available yet as on their sale.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Probably not.
Speaker 3: But the only problem I have with is that the shipping is just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Unless you buy two hundred pounds worth, which is a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm not buying. I do like their little like the four for twenty four or whatever like that's that's nice to be able to mix those up and then get some limited editions and it it's nice, but there's just not a whole lot, Like I don't need all the Columbia now R movies I also have. You can't see it, but I'm running out of space, so I really have to be very specifical, and I only basically there's two roll on films I still need, which is The Escapees and Rick whim for Vampire and Thirst. Well that's not rollant, but like I wanted Thirst.
Speaker 2: Right, I do like the prices, and Jim Marwood comments here, I have seventeen titles in my cart and was shipping it to one hundred and thirty five bucks. That's not awful. And that's even with the across the pond shipping, because that's not free shipping yet. So free shipping in US dollars is like you got to spend literally like two hundred and seventy dollars or something like that, which is crazy pants money.
Speaker 3: Or I could order just martyrs from the Halloween sale of Eureka and get free shipping.
Speaker 2: Well, Eureka is not doing free shipping anymore.
Speaker 3: What when did this happen?
Speaker 2: About two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Ryan people learn ness with me about everything. And this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I put I posted in the discord. I I keep trying to get you in there, you know, in the Discord. By the way, Carrie Mulligan love this joke. If I win a golden ticket, maybe I can probably get my grandpa out of bed. He can get up already. He's just a lazy bitch.
Speaker 3: He's a lazy bitch.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Great Outdoors is coming on four K from Keno lber here soon to the shock of nobody. We don't have released date yet, but it is the next John Candy film coming, Tarzi, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: You know, Ryan, I'm going to Albucino again. What you know, you have to do a little pizza pola guy. Okay, but you know there's this some artwork when you post something on Instagram and I see it, I don't have to drop down the menu to see it, says Keno. I know it's okay. I just know. The moment I see the title, I'm like, that's a Keymo battle. We don't know if it's gonna be four K because like, you know, you know, we got a plan on making our money back.
Speaker 2: So that was like that was like if Arnie worked at a RAM and stand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm off my Tarzi. I haven't watched the the shelf Rewind or what is it called. I don't know the name of the show. Is the zoom meeting that gets televised, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The shelf Rewind. That's my awards shop.
Speaker 3: I know. I just realized as it came out of.
Speaker 2: My mouth, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let you go again.
Speaker 2: His don't I've never watched a single episode Off the Shelf, Tails from the.
Speaker 3: Shelf, Heals from the Shelf, elf on the Shelf. I don't Heath on the shelf. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You weren't supposed to say his name.
Speaker 3: I meant like Heath bar Okay.
Speaker 2: Next January thirteenth, Sony is releasing Thunderhearts on four K. And it's not a steel book. It is literally just a four K case with a slipcover. And I feel like they went, oh, everybody died from this movie. Let's make some money. Val Kilmer, Sam Shepard, Graham Green star in this one. A new four K restoration approved by cinematographer who is the one and only mister Roger Deakins. And it is with Dolby Vision and HDR. No new extras, but they poured it over. The audio commentary from the screenwriter Ryan.
Speaker 3: This does not Starvlcilmer. This star is in Madame Tussau's wax museum statue at mel Kilmer.
Speaker 2: Quite quite filtered.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's so filtered. He looks like what's his name from the fault in our Stars. That's what he looks like, a little bit, which makes me want to punch my screen. It's true, one of the most punchable faces in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I don't remember if I've ever seen Thunderhart.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Thunderhart?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean it's I I remember this is a VHS video store staple and I saw it, and I just look you Thunderheart's not competing with RoboCop or Creditor, right or anything like. It's just you know, it's just it's just out of reach.
Speaker 4: It's just it's not there's no Sigal, there's no truck Norris, there's not even like a there's just no. I was like, unless Valkilmer is in a jet with Tom Cruise, It's like it just wasn't my thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean even that wasn't really my thing.
Speaker 3: But you just don't like the military.
Speaker 2: That's true. Uh, be Sidelo animal says vel Filter. No, judge that's pretty good. Uh, and then Jim, Uh, yeah. They did just release the Blu ray for this very recently.
Speaker 3: There's a two and Graham Green is like not even wanting to be a part of this. He's looking off. He's like, get the shotgun in front of my face. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's it's pretty true. The Blu ray for this came out in May of twenty twenty four, and they're like, you know what, let's do it on four K.
Speaker 8: I would love I just want to be a fly on the wall for like one of these meetings, like the writings like we don't know if physical media is going to be making us money, and it's like, guys, but let's talk about Thunderheart even better.
Speaker 2: They released Underheart on Blu ray and it sold so well that they were like, oh, people want this, let's put it on four K.
Speaker 3: What if only? That would then caused and be like, guys, what else do we have in our catalog?
Speaker 2: If only?
Speaker 3: And yet they don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: To be fair, Sony has been one of the best studios about that. It shouldn't rag on them too much. It's it's the Disneys that were really talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, but there's still plenty that Sony could put out that is still.
Speaker 2: Not oh absolutely that way.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, pick up the pick up the pace.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about Monda Micabro. Their Halloween sale is on now. It went live this morning. It is going on until I think it's the second or the third. Does it say on here? It does not. The titles that we're talking about this week, we got a few to cover. First, one is Island of the Damned aka Island of the Dead aka man Eater of Hydra from nineteen sixty seven. And this has like five more also known as aliases. I know you're dying to see this one.
Speaker 3: Every time they're like get rhetoric from Mondo Micawber's announcements. I go, I see, I see movies I've never heard of, Like they will never I promise you never announced something I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: You not heard of Cafe Flesh before it was you know.
Speaker 3: You were going to bring that up. I feel like when you when they got announced and you talked about it, I'm like, I feel like I've seen that title, like I've seen the poster, but I never knew what it.
Speaker 2: Was correct this other movie, Doctor Kelligary.
Speaker 3: I know the original one well obviously, but I don't know about this. No, really, I have looked through. I've never gone, oh they put out that movie never like they are when people talk about deep cuts. I feel like this is one of the last vestages of like a label that goes deep.
Speaker 2: Mada Macabro and Deaf Crocodile will be facing each other in the cage match of most obscure titles.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I think like I think Unearthed got knocked out a little bit when they started putting out stuff. It's like I've heard that, yeah, yeah, I know that one, like the massage, the massuse or whatever it was or deep tissue or whatever it's called. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Swedish stones.
Speaker 3: Aka Cruise his ex wife aka yeah, yeah, no it's or wasn't he also the bartender in Cocktail?
Speaker 2: I think? So can you tell me that.
Speaker 3: Other bartender in Cocktail is given cru his ex wife a massage? Wow, that's not talked about.
Speaker 2: Sorry, loand of the Doomed four K restoration from the best thirty five millimeter materials. You've got the Spanish or English audio here, You've got an interview with the writer director Mel Wells. Audio commentary by David Flint. Documentary in the Career of George Martin. Documentary had horror films produced in the coastal coast of Brava area. And then of course there is because it's a red case. You have a booklet here with Lobby Card Reproductions, twelve hundred of those limited check it out.
Speaker 3: I will say they never they never skimp on the artwork. I always mondo other than the fact that I'm a good sucker for anything that's like this hasn't been seen in forty years, right, Like, I'm always like it's one of those like Judge book by its cover. I'm always like, I kind of want that just because the artist. Damn yea it is true. Yeah. So that's that.
Speaker 2: We've got I think one or two more to cover from them tonight. Some big titles from studios, uh not Sony All the President's Men coming on four K steel book here soon from Warner Brothers. It'll likely get a standard but uh, but we only have a steel book revealed so far. This is not the final artwork, of course, and this will be released supposedly in January or February Yeah.
Speaker 3: It'll be a photoshopped image of Dustin Hoffman and h Robert Redford, Robert Redford just hovering over a typewriter. That never Yeah, and that'll be that, and they'll be de aged, they'll be they'll be so polished over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll look like them.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's like? Well, Jack Nicholson was in a cage for one for of the Cuckoo's Nest, So like, is it gonna be a newspaper with their faces on it?
Speaker 2: Or it'll be it'll be the five guys standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: This cover right after that. Oh my god, that's SuperFect.
Speaker 3: I almost seen any of these These people know they've were in this movie.
Speaker 2: January sixth, Catchup Entertainment, which got some success notoriety respect earlier this year for signing onto the Lost Warner Brothers Acme Looney Tunes film. They are putting out Afterburn from this year, starring what I think is supposed to be Dave Bautista. What is this swollen, weird head?
Speaker 3: No, if that's his head, I mean you think Dave Batiza has a more cylindrical head.
Speaker 2: He's got a slightly more cylindrical head, and his nose does not take up forty percent of his face yet.
Speaker 3: No, the nose is off and his hair is more like like a g I. Joe figure's hair, Like it's not real.
Speaker 2: They spray painted off like chia pet hair on him.
Speaker 3: And I'm actually a surprised catchup entertainment is still going. I thought out of business. I thought they went bankrupt.
Speaker 2: No, that was their sibling relish Jesus Christ Ryan.
Speaker 3: Man Uh, because they put out that god awful Ben Affleck Robert Rodriguez film that I had to say, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, what was the name of that?
Speaker 3: It was? It's like reflection, rebound, retribution?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Redaction? Redaction, regurgitation, reflec. Someone's gonna know it. I don't. I'm not even gonna respect enough to look it up.
Speaker 2: Hit him not, Paul.
Speaker 3: I hope you did not waste any time looking that up. I hope you just knew off the top of your head.
Speaker 2: Watch Paul's like, it's my favorite movie.
Speaker 3: And now that you've told us, you can now remove that from your brain and use it for something more useful. That movie is just no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, Dave Bautista looks weird. Yes, Sam Jackson doesn't even look like he knows that he's in this movie.
Speaker 3: He doesn't, he is. I don't think. I think Sam Jackson's been in retirement and he just comes out every now and again, just do a quick thing and then goes right back to retirement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's enough.
Speaker 3: Damn day. It looks the same.
Speaker 2: Next up is the other of the big Warner Brothers titles. Coming soon is a four K steel book of ben Her. This is the the known prequel of ben Their.
Speaker 3: That was a dumb joke too, sorry, Lusine on the first is going to be ben her over.
Speaker 2: Uh weird copy on this, the copy that Warner Brothers is running with is the epic remake of nineteen twenty six. Film features Heston as the title character, a wealthy jew whose former childhood friend a Roman, causes him to lose everything. He eventually gets his revenge of the film spectacular Chariot Race and that's it this.
Speaker 3: This was written by Stephen Miller and Behold a White Horse as name was death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's this is one of those that, like, I'm kind of shocked was not on four k already.
Speaker 3: I will be. I'm gonna shamefull admit. It's one of the best picture winners I have not seen.
Speaker 2: I get it. I don't love it. It's it's not my style of film.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big Hessen fan. Yeah, I mean either, he's not as bad as John Wayne, but he's It's just one of those guys that like really ran the gamut in terms of his looks. Yeah and nothing. It was just like I am Charleston as I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: Is that your child to us?
Speaker 3: Just take it? Take it down. Just notch my friend. You're at in the eleven right now from my cold dead hands.
Speaker 2: Speaking of cold dead hands, let's go to our next title. Our next title is Southpaw. This is coming on four K steel book here in the US on December ninth from Lionsgate, and it's an Amazon exclusive, so at least some people can pick this up rather than just the people stuck on the Lionsgate Limited site. We've got South Paw Inside the Ring, Q and A with Jake, Jill A Hall, fifty cent and Oragel McAdams and more, extended training montage, de leaded scene, statical trailer and all of that is carry over bonus features.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Southpaw. I'm going to ask you first, how do you feel about this artwork?
Speaker 2: I think it's very weird. Yeah, I think the the like did.
Speaker 3: They put the Dogmas slip on top of a boxing movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it feels like first of all. And then like the CGI Jake Chillenhall on the bed is kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Is it CG or is it just one of those like that's the style of art of making some.
Speaker 2: Oh well that and it might be like the Mexi funk vector style of graphic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I figured it was. I I've seen the move. Have you seen the movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a long time ago.
Speaker 3: I don't remember religion playing a huge part in it as far as like being the front and center of his Uh yeah, seriously carrymell.
Speaker 2: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: Also, it is famous for being the trailer that gave like for no reason. It's not because it just gives away part of the movie. And it's not like the first five minutes where it's just like, well, this is the catalyst, so of course it's gonna be like this straight up just spoils the movie.
Speaker 2: Yep, either way. I mean directed by Antoine Fuqua, written by Kurt Sutter. Kurt is the mastermind behind one of my favorite shows of all time. I I don't know. I probably need to watch this again. I haven't seen it since it came out. I I just don't love boxing movies, which makes me worried about Christy that's about to come out.
Speaker 3: I love me a good boxing movie, especially if it's like I can't guess the outcome, like if it's based on real story and I really don't know what happened, because if it's fake, they're gonna make them win. Except for I.
Speaker 2: Really loved that that uh that that movie with the rock this year then.
Speaker 3: Right, oh, don't get me starting. You not get me start on that? You not you not get me started on that thing? Holy no oh no. But Cinderella man. I love Cinderella man, I.
Speaker 2: Really really did I get it? I like Ali Ali is great.
Speaker 3: It's not the best Michael Man, but it's I think it's definitely for me. It's will one of Will Smith's best performances.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those Michael Man movies where if it was almost any other director, it would be their best film, But because it's Michael Mann, you're like, eh.
Speaker 3: That's how I thought about The Terminal. Yeah, if someone like Rob Reiner directed the Drum and be like, oh, he's back at it, He's yeah, you know, he's back to his classic thing. But it's like Spielberg. It's like, what Spielberg this is? That's all he could do? This is beneath you, right, Yeah, it's not South Bust not However, Jake Jonaha of god Man, that man can just really get into shape.
Speaker 2: I want to see some some love for Night Crawler coming out from around this time. That movie is a masterpiece.
Speaker 3: Night Crawler is parabout universal.
Speaker 2: I think that might also be lions Kate.
Speaker 3: I mmmmm, I feel like I'm lean. Deorge Paul probably is gonna tell us, but it's Universal is universal Because I just sold a copy the other day on.
Speaker 2: My incredible movie. I would love to see that get some sort of deluxe wonderful release with like new extras and all that. I adore that film. M hm, All right, enough about Jake Chillenhall. Lions Gate Limited is having one of their warehouse. We found some stuff sales, and yes you can get them on sale for the price that they used to be if you put in the code five off Halloween all in caps at checkout, they had House of a thousand corpses, the Miss Spirals, saw The Strangers chapter one, the Cabin in the Woods, Warm Bodies, The Blackening, the Wickerman, the hurt Locker, and quite a few of these sold out within like eight minutes, So if you were after some of these, I'm sorry if you missed them. But the other thing, some people were posting online that they bought from the last warehouse sale and they are true, like we found these in a dank box in the corner and good luck because there are no returns and these might be really shitty, so buy at your own risk type of things on these.
Speaker 3: So you snagged The Strangers chapter one, first thing, right.
Speaker 2: I got one for me and one for you. It's on the way already.
Speaker 3: I guess we can suffer alone, can we? No?
Speaker 2: I was planning on waiting to talk about that because we got The Strangers chapter two to talk about. Now.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love how I pressured you to have to go watch the chapter one and I skipped chapter two. And you're like, I've said, I saw someone make a comment. I think it was. It had to because I'm not on any other social media, so it must been Instagram. But it was like an image. It was like a screenshot from the movie, and I was like, wait, how does this happen? Anyway, We'll get to it when we get to it.
Speaker 2: I will shit on that movie again when we get there.
Speaker 3: Wonderful.
Speaker 2: Got some podcasts to talk about tonight. I usually don't post about many of these, but Crocodiles will. We talked about one of their titles. The first one was I was on the Never Did It podcast. They are doing a piece on animation right now, some best animation from like certain decades. I covered two films from the nineties, Fella Day and the amazing Don Blue film Anastasia, and then we.
Speaker 3: I was about to ask us like the did this like Scatcat have a cousin Pastagia? Isn't it Okay?
Speaker 2: It is Anastagia? And then then we picked our favorite animated films of the nineties. It's fun episode, check it out. And then also I was just on the Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys podcast with a dear friend of the show, mister Hunter Robinson, and then Zach from They Live My film was on there as well. We talked about Bone Tomahawk and most of us don't love that movie, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: But well, I just want to say I'm hearing everything you're saying. Mister Wright's stuff said. Bogonia currently has a four point zero on letterbox, which just makes me want to see it more.
Speaker 2: I am dying to see.
Speaker 3: Every time someone shits on a movie like that, I'm like, oh, I know, the masses were like, I don't get it. In Mike, I'm gonna love this movie.
Speaker 2: Well. And the bigger thing, which I don't understand why this is happening with Pogonia because it's it's a he's kind of a like would you say, he's a well known, like named director of the point.
Speaker 3: Only because everyone went to go see the movie that everyone was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Poor things.
Speaker 3: They saw four Things and I'm like, I get this, but then it's like, you know, they go back. It's like it's like David Lynch. People saw whatever it was, Mahandra like I'm gonna go back, or they saw Twin Peaks and they're like I'm gonna go back and wait, wait, what is this right? They don't they don't really educate themselves on it. So like I love the last one, they did kinds of kindness and people shit all over it because and this is what drives me the same When people say I just want to go to the movies and turn my brain off for a little while, Mike, I will argue that there is no way your brain is on the rest of the time. Just no. All you goes saying I turned my brain on, like it's off all the time.
Speaker 2: What I was getting at, I don't understand how Bigonia is making the rounds and even through all the press and all that, they're not talking about the fact that this is a remake of Save the Green Planet. Everybody should know that, and everybody should see Save the Green Planet. It is absolutely worth.
Speaker 3: The watch, so I wouldn't have known that.
Speaker 2: Check it out either way. We'll talk about podcast again in just a moment, but first, the next of the Mondo Macabro titles that has been announced is a Blu Ray release of os Wong aka The Unearthing, also known as ass Wang as many people call it. This is from nineteen ninety four, and this is a crazy movie because it's an American film, but It's a take on Filipino folk core. And they had released this on DVD before. This was desperately in need of an upgrade to HD. This will look great, good movie, new four K restoration from the original sixteen milimeter negative. We've got some great extras on here. Cannot wait to see this one in person. And yeah, I like this movie.
Speaker 3: It's in my cart I'm deciding to get it. And that looks like well, by.
Speaker 2: The way, that's funny, and no silent. I don't believe Save the Green Planet is streaming anywhere. Next up is a couple of sibners favorite types of films now vail long and bluter in the US from Tarnished Vision Films Difficulty Breathing from twenty seventeen. This is a underground gore film directed by somebody named Guy Guy. This is forty one minutes long, and that is it. There is eighty of the limited slipcover releases and twenty of the standard edition, so technically the standard edition is more rare and limited than the limited edition.
Speaker 3: Ryan, the movie's so short it makes my stories look long. I am there you go. Well, that's how you're supposed to do it. I can rag them myself better than you can.
Speaker 2: So if you're into this type of film, nice there is out somewhere he probably is. If you're into this type of film like Sibiner is, just so you know. The story here says subject of a violent attack, a young woman becomes recluse. As her fear to leave home escalates, her paranoia begins to run wild. Now immersed within a pool of self nurtured insanity, she slowly starts to drown.
Speaker 3: Why are you insulting me?
Speaker 2: Because it's fun? Well, of course, go ahead, of course, these coming pairs. So we had to get a dead baby on the cover, because that's what these types of films get on a four. The other type of movie that they do is a crazy name, and this one is Argon Argonomenon from twenty twenty two, and this says, in the not too distant future, the last remaining man tries to find a cure for the disease that wiped out humanity and start a new form of life, but the disease of his own is making his task difficult.
Speaker 3: It's called I Am Syphilis.
Speaker 2: You can get these both on Tarnishvisionfilms dot com and I'm gonna click away from this because no, thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna say the first artwork though, looks like full on I'm getting James Obar vibes, Like that's the crow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that, like youally, like.
Speaker 3: The line on the mouth is drawn like it looks like James Abar a bit. Yeah. Anyway, well I.
Speaker 2: Had accidentally double clicked over this one. There is a sale happening on the Deaf Crocodile website right now. This is going on until tomorrow at noon Pacific time. It is fifty percent of all in stock standard editions, which some of them have sold out in their handful, which are close to selling out. But there's a brand new printing of Heroic Times which also comes with the slip cover, and even that is on sale. And then Alurane and a Student of Prague, which sold out the limited edition already that is available as a standard edition, which is also on sale right now. Really great prices. Check it out. Good sale, And it's deff Crocodile's first sale ever. What is that image from this one?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: I believe that is from.
Speaker 2: Why can I not think of the name God, I don't, I don't remember. I've seen all of their films. They're all blurring together, like.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I don't know. I guess from the breakdown of what I usually hear when you describe like deaf crocodile, it doesn't look like a deaf crocodile film.
Speaker 2: I mean, they do all kinds of Oh, it is from Solomon King, that's the title. I never remember the word Solomon. I wanted to say Cherry King for some reason. It's yeah, it's from Solomon King.
Speaker 3: Okay, well sounds good.
Speaker 2: YEP. Check it out. Next mon of Macbro. Title is a four K release of Inquisition. This is the fifth of the five announcements for their sale. This is an upgrade to a Blu ray that they had released previously. They finally got access to the OCN for this. The Blu ray was just from the best elements, so this is going to look remarkably better, guaranteed. We get a new interview with Sergio Molina, who I gotta say. It's always weird when somebody, somebody I don't want to use the word famous, but like well known or attached to the film reposts my announcement. Sergio Molina himself reposted my announcement for this film on Twitter and said my dad's movies coming to four K, and I was like, your dad is Paul fucking Nashi. This is crazy, this is weird. So yeah, new interview with him, new interview with the actress Loretta Tavar. There's an introduction by Paul Nashi that is archival obviously, new interview with the actress Daniella or sorry not new interview. An interview with the actress Daniella Giordano, audio commentary by Nashi, cast Rod Barnett and Troy Gwynn. And then there is the exclusive slipcover attached to this as well. Fifteen hundred copies. Good release, good film.
Speaker 3: Oh about to ask gave he's a good I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: It is good. It's the big thing is it's Nashi's first film that he directed. Ah Ok and Manta Micabro are like the king of Paul Nashi stuff, so it is absolutely worth checking out.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Next up is from Cult Films over in the UK. They are putting out the Battle of Algiers from nineteen sixty six on Blu ray on November tenth, not on four K. This is a quite old four K restoration that's being used for this, so my thought probably don't buy this. This is undoubtedly going to be getting a UHD release eventually. And if you love this movie, yeah, from from them, from somebody else in the UK, from somebody in Australia. Yeah, like this this is begging to be one hundred and twelve dollars imprint.
Speaker 3: Title because it is referenced in one battle after another, right yep, so.
Speaker 2: Which I almost feel like they rushed this out, yeah, to capitalize on that. Maybe lots lots of extras on here, but it is old extras and doesn't take away from them or anything like that. Just saying if you love the movie. And also the spine is backwards. It's one of those weird titles where.
Speaker 3: It's the shelf. People are going to be upset.
Speaker 2: It's true. And then early twenty six we are getting a BLU ray in the UK from Signature Entertainment of Ice Fall from twenty twenty five, the brand new Joel Kinneman film Everybody Is Crawling over each Other to get Too quick Enough, also starring Graham Green in this one.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, yeah, I could not tell you that was Joel Kimmen Like twenty three percent of it, Like from the left of the bow looks like Sebastian stan yep, and the other right like it just doesn't. This looks like someone took like a tomb Raider cover and mixed it with like a snowboarding game from the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: This to me looks like if they got Jason Statham to star in a Vertical Limit remake.
Speaker 3: Mmm, okay, which we'll probably now it's gonna look at this they're watching because of our movie ideas. Later they are gonna like they're this grat they're snatching these little puppies, little nuggets up along the way.
Speaker 2: Reggie the Jazz says, I love a good snowmobile plane crash movie. I want to see that letterbox list, Reggie, go make that please. It's what we got, true lies, we got ice fall.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, touche touche.
Speaker 3: I think for your Eyes only has one.
Speaker 2: At least one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My only question is why where is Liam Neeson in the poster?
Speaker 2: They're still filming him to hop over that fence from taking seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's required to be in these movies.
Speaker 2: Any filmed with the word ice in it. In twenty twenty six, he has to be in. Yeah, speaking of old people in movies, Eleanor the Great coming on Blu ray from Sony Pictures Classics on November twenty fifth. I really enjoyed this movie. Did you get a chance to see this one? Not?
Speaker 3: And I do like June squib and I need to see it.
Speaker 2: She's so good and this movie, Like God, I did not expect this movie to be what it ended up being. Definitely literally cried in the theater and yeah, love this movie. Check it out if you like June Squibber, I've never seen anything. This is a really good entry into June squib too. Because of the subject matter, it's extra point in. It's just it's great, all right, one that I've been hearing about for a while. November eleventh, we're getting a Blu ray finally from well Go USA of Daniella Forever from last year. I assume you've not seen this one.
Speaker 3: I have not seen. Well, I'll let you finish before I start going to my little rants.
Speaker 2: At this cover here, I mean, the cover makes sense for what the film is. It says, grieving the loss of his girlfriend Daniella, Nicholas is consumed by sorrow. He sees a glimmer of hope when he's offered a chance to participate in a groundbreaking sleep therapy that simulates reality, but his dream and memory blurr. He must confront what healing really means whether he's ready to let go the Nicholas in this is Henry Golding, who was great a few years ago in Crazy Rich Asians. But the big thing the director of this not Jovi Glando, the guy that did time crimes. So h, what's the problem with the cover?
Speaker 3: Well, if you are a photoshopper and you somehow manage to make Henry Golding look average or unattractive, you have failed at your job. You should have really failed like this should not. This was a softball pitch and they screwed up. Also, Daniella should have I believe two l's all this looks like is my name that they didn't put a space screen because my middle name is Andrew, So it just looks like someone typed out my name and just forgot to put up a space there.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I've never seen the word Daniella with two l's.
Speaker 3: What it used to be like the kids thing is like if you called me or any boy named Daniel Daniella. That was like the way you got you made fun of.
Speaker 2: I got called rheann, especially after Letha or yeah, Leith a weapon.
Speaker 3: Oh because you were a kid in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Essentially, Okay, all right, Next is from MVD rewind Blu Ray on February twenty fourth. We are getting Force five from nineteen eighty one, and for some reason they didn't ask my friend Jason Kleeberg to do a commentary. The the the host of the Force five podcast. Come on, this is going to have a bunch of archival interviews. Have you seen Force five?
Speaker 3: Just because they are forced to be reckoned with? And there are five as in one, two, three, four, five of them.
Speaker 2: I would assume counting happens in this film.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, what are they are? They? Are they foxing? Where's the fox?
Speaker 2: It? It does say five against one thousand, The odds are even.
Speaker 3: I have to imagine that Tarantino did use this as reference except for the name of Fox Force five.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would assume.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, like I've watched movies, like if you ever watched it obscure eighties movie, and all of a sudden, here a line you're like, that is a direct line from a Tarantin Like, You're like, oh my god, I just found a weird line that he pulled from a movie that he basically thought no one would ever see. I'm like, oh wow, busted.
Speaker 2: Nobody was ever going to see it, and then Vineger Syndrome put it out on four K in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Dude, I saw a Charles Bronson movie where someone makes someone makes a reference from FULK fiction. I'm like, holy shit, I feel like I just caught someone cheating.
Speaker 2: Like, I like, wow, you know what's cheating? When Universal decides to release films that definitely feel like they should have been on a Keno Lorber release, and they're doing this four times in a row. December second, the first one they're putting out Claunette Coldbear in I Met Him in Paris from nineteen thirty seven, that same day, Claudette Colbert in Nat of Salem from nineteen thirty seven, that same day Claudette Colbert in Zaza from nineteen thirty nine, and that same day Claudette Colbert in Skylark from nineteen forty one. I like, it's wild to me that this isn't the Claudette Colbert Collection Volume one from Keno.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I hear what you're saying. I'm going more Warner.
Speaker 2: Archive their Universal title.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but they look like Warner Archives.
Speaker 2: Which is why it should be Keno Releases, because the other studios don't really do this, except for when Sony does it on a Frank Kaeper box set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know it, put it out and don't buy them, So what am I gonna? What am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Then we put them in supplies last and then no one buys them, then they go out of print. Then all of a sudden, there two hundred dollars on eBay.
Speaker 2: So conspiracy theory in my mind. I wonder if Universal got like the sales numbers on some of the stuff that they've licensed to Keto and they went, oh, you sold four thousand of these for nine ninety nine, why don't we just release these ourselves?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I mean there's definitely an audience for these films, I.
Speaker 2: Mean absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't believe it took them this long, and looking again at Keno or even Warner Arka like a direct studio putting out their stuff clearly there's a demand for this, like kind of Golden age studio, you know, studio backed films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and shout out to Brendon just he said, thanks for the tip on the Deaf Crocodile sale. The Patucco box set is only seventy five dollars on sale.
Speaker 3: I thought, I did. I skipped his the whole message all the way to seventy five. I said, you bought seventy five titles Deaf Crocodiles only released, like five would have seventy five not yet? Okay.
Speaker 2: In fact, I believe they are celebrating their fifth anniversary, like very very soon. So congrats Steph Crocodile. Who Craig is not here tonight. He's out carving pumpkins. And I do mean that literally.
Speaker 3: I wonder what it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Two more podcasts to talk about. The first is Wildside, the official Monda Macabre podcast hosted this episode, this time with yeared as usual to talk about the Halloween sale items. But the big story here mister Monda Micabra himself. Pete Tooms came on the show for the first time ever, and he does not do interviews. He does not do shows. He is usually too busy, like having a drinks with people from Indonesia to talk about the films that he can acquire, and instead he graced us with his presence and he was charming as fuck. You guys gotta go listen to this episode. It is super rare that you get to hear from him and it was great. And speaking of charming, I did my best to be charming on the newest episode of The Physical Therapy, a movie podcast. We talked about the original and the remake of Night of Living Dead. However, that was just kind of like the epilogue. Most of the episode was them just kind of geeking out that I was there, and we talked about disconnected stuff for a long time and physical media in general. They were pitching me problems with their hardware and how we could fix it, and it was quite funny. Go check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you had the guy from Mano on before.
Speaker 2: Right, I've had Jared on, not Pete Toombs, gotcha. I thinkte Pete is the overseas guy. Jared is the US guy. Okay, Pete is like the one that is acquiring all the films and doing all the very film centric stuff. Jared is the one handling all of your death threats.
Speaker 3: So he never comes home.
Speaker 2: No, pretty much never.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: So now onto Sibb's favorite film. The Strain. Chapter two is getting a Blu ray release on December ninth. Uh, it's also getting a DVD released the same day. This is Lionsgate putting us out. They put out a four K steel book of the first film. But let's let's not be shocked. They are likely gonna put this out on four K on Lionsgate limited release. Knowing Lionsgate, they're gonna screw with all of you and it'll be a four K digipack and not a steal book, just so it doesn't match the first one. For people that love these movies. That being said, I would wait a little bit because it's probably gonna come out around the same time. There are at least twelve people that like this movie.
Speaker 3: Oh I know one of them was in this chat or are they here today?
Speaker 2: Maybe who said they liked it? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: They were folk. They were featured on lions Gate's fucking Instagram.
Speaker 2: Oh was it Dustin, Dustin? That's right.
Speaker 3: They really were like, we are gonna we are gonna make we are gonna make you synonymous with loving this movie.
Speaker 2: He he truly loved both of them.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt him loving it. I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna get a DM from Dustin tomorrow morning when he watches this.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope that one of your scripts that you're pitching tonight is Strangers chapter four.
Speaker 2: I wish I would have thought of that with a.
Speaker 3: Prediction of what chapter three will be based on what you saw, because I don't know, I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: I should have pitched The Strangers Pray at Dawn, which.
Speaker 3: I still haven't seen. The second one. The first one's masterpiece. I don't need anything else. The trailer alone got people scared, like no, I no, just one. It's all you need.
Speaker 2: Look at that. Carrie Bulligan even said, I wish they would have just released Pray at Night three years in a row.
Speaker 3: Probably. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Strangers chapter two, December ninth. I give it a big, hardy three thumbs down. Then Hammer. This is our final announcement for the week. Hammer putting out Whispering Smith Hits London from nineteen fifty two on four k over in the UK on December fifteenth. This is their last of their limited editions of this year, Jidon's Great Pray at Brunch.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's great.
Speaker 2: They are, you know, they're doing the whole alternating thing. One month they'll do the Giant box set. Next month will be the Slim box set. And this is the last of their Slim box sets.
Speaker 3: For the year.
Speaker 2: This is supposedly pretty good. It's got strong support from Greta Ghent, Herbert lom RONA Anderson, and Alan Wheatley. This has been restored in four K from the original negatives, all kinds of extras as usual, two new commentaries, interviews, appreciations, We've got nineteen to fifty documentary travelog from the Village of Bray, all kinds of new articles in their big book. In this kind of crazy what they do on these releases. But this looks truly, truly great. I kind of love that they're doing some of these small titles. I do wish they did more of like the Curse of Frankenstein level of titles from them as well. But now, I mean, now that they've done Quarter Miss, I just can't wait for the Four Cave Quarter Mess in the Pit because that movie is a masterpiece.
Speaker 3: This cover has got me all very confused. I'm having it's like I'm being pulled in two different directions because it's hammer, but it looks like the biggest Keino Noir.
Speaker 2: Did a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again, I'm not familiar with this title, so I can't say that that could be how it is it is. Yeah, I just I've never seen a noir Ish hammer. Everything I'm accustomed to is the very much like the Castle on the Hill. And this man is drawn drawn, quartering people and for whatever reason, and now there there's boils and you know, shredded clothing and women and yeah.
Speaker 2: On that note, let's talk about what comes out next week in case you forgot. Yeah, we've got The Breakfast Club on four K from Criterion, hard Boiled four K, but you probably can't get it from the Shout Outland four K from Arrow Coda four K from Apple. How's how's Apple doing this year?
Speaker 3: I've heard they're doing They're doing great. I heard their stocks doing well.
Speaker 2: That's way too respectful from somebody that got laid off this year.
Speaker 3: I will say this, what's that god awful film they made? I'm not going to say film, movie, thing, whatever, Argyle. Holy shit, avoid that thing at all costs.
Speaker 2: The Naked Gun coming out in a standard four K Vampires four K steel Book getting a wide release from Shout Chicha JNGS Last Movie four K Steelbook, s s Experiment Love Camp from eighty eight Films. I think I have that somewhere around here. I did get that one in as well, aesops FA the nineteen twenties Volume one from Classic Flicks, Subspecies four getting its standalone blu ray, The Red House from Filmmasters, The Howling four K steel Book with the most confusing artwork you ever made, Dragon Ball, Super Brawley Steel Book, Happiest Play Season one for everybody that loves Ruba McIntire, Cutters Club from Full Moon.
Speaker 3: And then we.
Speaker 2: Start getting into some big stuff after that. Let's see what do I want to ask a question about you getting that Vampire steel book? You into that vector art from MEXI funk.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I like vampires. It's just like I'm fine with the original art. The original art is what I like. From a distance. That vampire looks like the predator.
Speaker 2: Now quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I will gladly take my copy of CODA open it up. Take the disc out and put my copy of Strangers chapter two in there.
Speaker 2: That's good to know, good to know. Yeah, all right, let's now for the next five or eight let's discuss Vinegar Syndrome. The Black Friday pre order is happening tomorrow night at midnight midnight Eastern. That is, will run through Tuesday, November fourth, at midnight Eastern. Most of the pre order options will remain available to order until the site shuts down ahead of the sale, but they will be raised to their full price. Now, Vinegar Syndrome does this every time for these flash pre orders and say hey, these can be at their best prices during the flash pre order event. Keep in mind, by best prices it literally means like two or three bucks and if.
Speaker 3: One else, it will last until the next.
Speaker 2: Sale, probably last until the next sale an impulse by So yeah, nothing else is gonna be on sale this weekend as far as discounts, it's literally just the flash pre order event. You're going to find out some titles, So what will be available. These are what we're going to see. They're going to announce their next VSU, They're going to announce their next Vinego Syndrome title, they're going to announce another Vinegar Syndrome title, They're going to announce a Cinematograph title, They're going to announce a new Vinegar Syndrome sub label release which is supposedly called VS Reviver, and then they are going to announce the next Pink Line title. And then there will be an everything package which will have all of the Vinegar Syndrome and sub label releases, or you could just buy the secret package which will have the two unannounced titles. And that is only half of the titles coming your way for Black Friday. The rest will be revealed once the sale goes live on Black Friday. Yes, your benefit of pre ordering these, of course, is you will get a slight, very slight discount on these, and then you will be able to guarantee a copy of popular titles. So like last year's The Keep sold out within a day, day and a half or whatever, you will be able to order stack immediately when you log in, and so if something was out of print or at a stock and they found a slipcover somewhere, you can get that one quickly. As long as you have that, you'll be able to see your ad existing order option and these will be part of the first to ship after the sale. And that is it. There's been some some hints and other stuff, but that is truly all that we know that is coming as part of the sale.
Speaker 3: So where are you getting this VS Reviver from?
Speaker 2: It was in their email that they sent to everybody.
Speaker 3: I didn't get anything. I didn't get a single email, and I check my email every day.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not sure how hold.
Speaker 3: On it's downloading a bunch of new things. No, still not there. Un let's say, change your name to contison. Uh So, if they have a VS line called VS Retail, they're gonna have two vsrs or they're actually gonna call it VS Reviver VS.
Speaker 2: Revivors seemingly what is going to be called? Yes, so you do you?
Speaker 3: Do you have any angling and I'll see if you know stuff, you're not gonna tell. But do you have do not know something and have a suspicion as to what it is?
Speaker 2: I don't have a suspicion on what VS Revivors. Let me let me read from the email itself. So it says at the start of the flash preorder, we'll be revealing six of our November releases, including our latest and grossest VS Ultra, an intense supernatural horror gem making its UHD debut, and a three film set of shocking Hong Kong horror, both from VS. Proper, a tense true crime thriller on UHD from Cinematograph, the second volume of jaw dropping Japanese art sleeves from Pink Line, and finally, the first release from the mysterious Reviver. Meanwhile, over at Melu Scene, the incredible three disc deluxe edition of the first release from the Mitchell Brothers Film Group will also be available on November first to pre order at a slightly reduced price during the flash preorder event. And yeah, that's it. So those are all the hints that we've had so far.
Speaker 3: Well, Grossest, it's Gary Pelkits. I'm guaranteed it's card case.
Speaker 2: VS is signing a bunch of stuff that is out of print from Shout That would not really surprise me.
Speaker 3: What do you see the other the the trilogy, the VS. Proper trilogy, the Hong Kong gross out.
Speaker 2: Thing, not not gross out, just shocking shaw.
Speaker 3: Horror, oh, shocking shark. Then I have no idea what it is. But but what's the other one?
Speaker 2: Uh Cinematograph thrilling UHD debut.
Speaker 3: I really don't. I've looked at that image of the high tension wires and I really don't. I really don't know what it would be. So we we shall see, I you know. And I read Cinematograph did comment on Instagram and someone said, hey, is that doubleheader going to be coming the seventies double header? Because they said in their release at the beginning of the year, like, these are what are coming from Cinematograph And one of them says a dual release of Sending, which was the first in a series from Cinematograph, And they said, are we gonna see and they said not this year?
Speaker 2: Damn, So something got delayed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's I'm interested to see now what is taking its place? If they moved one thing up or who knows, Yeah, and then Reviver maybe it's like religious movies.
Speaker 2: Jaden in the chat says VS. Reviver sounds like it should be a sub label specifically for really bad direct to DVD sequels in horror franchises. Could be film could be I could see it. You know. There's been kind of an outcry of support for erotic thrillers. I could see it being something like that, uh. Or or titles that are like right now, like locked on laser disc and not didn't even get like a proper DVD release and reviving those.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm revivor yeah, revivor. I just hear revival so I think religious, but like I revive. Yeah, I mean, isn't the whole idea of Vinigarism to revive these things that are lost?
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually on film?
Speaker 3: Sadly, well, I guess they have to be on film otherwise it's it's not.
Speaker 2: Only if it's from the VS main line they have everything else can be a free will to do, like the Gaussers generally not films right right right.
Speaker 3: I feel like the further way they get as far as like so many suburses, the line moves when people come back, we sound like proper VS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all it is. It's just Zobbie movies.
Speaker 3: I want to see the lines is VSBs and it's just like nonsense that they found. They're just gonna slap it all together like like a title or something like that. I feel like the further way that the more sub labels are people. Do you think people are gonna still subscribe the more that they don't have, like they have to add something onto the subscription. Be like, yes, you're not getting this, you're not getting that, but you will get this because it's like so many things that are not vis proper.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing. If Vinegar Syndrome is your favorite label, and you buy all of the VSAs, all of the vsus, all of the vsps, all of the cinematograph, all of the degaus, whole shit, that's a lot of money, first of all, But second of all, you you may as well subscribed because the subscription is essentially free because of all the discounts from all those things.
Speaker 3: But it is so expand Like you can't just rest on your laurels and you have like the same you want to expand your numbers? What you like, you want to grow your numbers, like.
Speaker 2: Vinegar Centrome wants to have more subscribers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so if you're not someone who's been there since the beginning and now you're like just coming into you're like, all right, so I'm spending a thousand dollars or so, it'll make me a little bit more. So what exactly am I getting? Like, Well, this this giant package one You're not got that. This this pink WU line not get that. It's like, well, what do I get? It's like you got like three titles a month, Like you're not getting garbil If it's Guards Bail Kids, you're not getting that. So all those mainline things that people are like, like the vsu's are like those things that like drive the attention you're not getting.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying, But I also think that they have a lot of mainline titles that still draw the attention. Like The Keep came out on regular ys.
Speaker 3: Well, like you said, it's black Friday, and that's how they get people to be like it look.
Speaker 2: And that specifically is why it came out in November last time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then I just feel like then there's something they gotta like either like move some things or there certainly have been titles where I've said, this could have been VS. Propers, you need to be a VSU, this is in need of VIE.
Speaker 2: If it is garbage Pail Kids, that should be VS. Proper and not a VSU.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this. I do also see it as fitting in with the what the eighties nineties kids movies, though I do see I agree, yeah, But at the same time, again I feel like there's something and then again, like the the April Fools thing is not included in your subscription. It's like so what. And it used to be like, yeah, you get all For a while, there were multiple slipcovers right for some for some.
Speaker 2: Titles, Yeah, and there still are.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I just feel like what you're getting, like, like, what else are you getting? Like are you get like like they're like, well, you're gonna get fis and you'll get this, but you don't get the others. I don't know. I just feel like, but you.
Speaker 2: Get everything, you get discounts on everything.
Speaker 3: That's true. That's true for.
Speaker 2: What you're getting. I again, like if you buy enough from Vinegar Syndrome outside of the subscription titles, it's essentially free.
Speaker 3: I see. Your rationale is coming though from a place, from a place of somebody. Uh didn't they say they were going to do that? Oh? I did not. I mean, that'd be great if they.
Speaker 2: When I when I interviewed Joe Rubin last year, he said they were looking at ways to to change it up, but that did not happen this last January, so hopefully that changes this coming January.
Speaker 3: I just think, especially in this and we can I think maybe we'll talk about it in a little bit, But like in this economy, like as far as like you know, numbers being down, as like sales, it's like you're really trying to get a newcomer to come in here and drop a thousand dollars. And from your perspective, you're saying this from a very educated point of view, having been shopping with Vinegarson Droom for a while. But to go to somebody who's maybe new to physical media or new to a subscription service, and say, like we want your nine one hundred dollars, eleven hundred dollars, ten hundred hundred dollars, what does that mean? You know what I mean? It's like, what's your pitch? Because you are in a world. We are in a world now where there's like like you said, hundreds of boutique labels, not all with subscription services, but like like you know, if you put out this movie, you know you put up the key. Yes, you're going to drive someone to come by the keep for you that one time, but this is trying to get someone to commit to you for an entire year. So it's very your pre approvent discounts on years with it exactly and again in wonder make you know you know what Vinegar Syndrome is offering, but just try to think about someone completely unaware of what it is.
Speaker 2: I think that you know, you just mentioned the economy. One thing that we should say as we discussed this is the economy is shit right now. Most labels are seeing that sales are very down for these last couple of months, and this is a very privileged hobby to be taking part in. We all understand that. We all know that I don't think Vinegar Syndrome specifically right now is expecting a lot of new subscribers. And in fact, this year, the rumor is they they lost a lot of subscribers compared to last year, which does not surprise me. Everything costs war. Everything is kind of rough for everybody right now, and so.
Speaker 3: The longer on the site, you can wait too at a sale, right and sot up the sales that they keep adding.
Speaker 2: So that's right, right. I don't know that they're looking to add like obviously they'd be thrilled if they did, but I don't even know if that's like the goal right now, is to add a bunch of new subscribers. That being said, I don't see it the way that you're seeing it, even if I wasn't educated on this, Like you're still getting like forty ish releases at already sales price for the entire year. You don't have to think about it. Plus you get free shipping for the entire year. That in itself is a lot to pitch that, not to mention, every month you're getting another twenty titles that you can get discounted that other people don't get discounts on. That's that's a pretty great selling point.
Speaker 3: I'm also seeing it though again from like so if you if Arrow at this point in time had a subscription service, that would be a safe bet because it's such mainstream titles. That's like, all right, for the next twelve months, I'm probably going to get a lot of like you know, hit blockbuster movies from the eighties and nine or two thousands or whatever it is. And and but that's something that like a mainstream person is like, you know, I want to get into physical media. They recognize that. But vinegar Syndrome's like, yes, what you're saying as far as bank for your buck, you're getting this, but when it's like weird, obscure, like slimy movie from like.
Speaker 2: VS isn't doing much of that anymore though. That's the thing a lot of their stuff, it's it's basically shout factory titles for a lot of their stuff.
Speaker 3: I still think it's a lot to ask of somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no doubt. Any of these subscriptions is a lot to ask of somebody if.
Speaker 3: They broke it down to like basically because they have so many sales anyway, how about this, Every every sub label, everything has a subscription service. So if you're a VSA person and you love your Hong Kong movies, you can just subscribe to VSA. I love the idea.
Speaker 2: In theory, the admin side of that would fuck them for so much because of the amount of like record keeping that would have to be that would be a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Where I'm just I'm just dreaming here, I'm missaying, like you subscribe to that, and when you subscribe to any of their labels, like actually like a full year subscribe subscription, you get that fifty percent off and that way, because at this point you're doing sales anyway, so this way again just like I said, what if I asked you in a private chat a while, like a couple of weeks ago, what if Criterion just started doing twenty twenty five throughout the year rather than waiting for a sale, which most of us all know about. Just charge twenty twenty five a year, all year round, and people just impulsively start buying Criterion movies every day, and so yeah, and so like if people are just gonna wait for like one of your twenty sales that you have during the year for your fifty percent off, wanted to say, like, and I gain it's harder because you have all these partner labels that you or you can't like you have to negotiate with and get them to commit to that. But to say, like, all right, if you subscribe to any of our labels for the full year, you also get your fifty percent off, And I think they would start seeing more people just impulsively buying on the first like all those partner label titles like yeah, I'll take that, Yeah, I'll take that, Yeah, I'll take that, especially with the slipcovers. Knowing everyone basically most people will now have that option be like I got I gotta get that now anyway, that's my little soapbox.
Speaker 2: What I think would help them solve what you're talking about is there should be the base VA subscription that they already have. There should be an option to subscribe to all of the VIA sub labels, all of them, not just each individual one because that would be really hard to follow through on like that, but literally every single one, VSA, VSU, vsp VS. What else is there, dick ouser, All of those is one cinematograph. And if you do either one of those subscri riptions or both, that's how you unlock the partner label discount as well.
Speaker 3: So, ok so you're saying the mainline plus another.
Speaker 2: One, yeah you have. You have two options. You can do the mainline or you can do all of the sub labels, but you can also do both.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, Okay, okay, I gotcha, Okay.
Speaker 2: But you can't subscribe to like Canadian International Pictures. I can't subscribe to AGFA.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, none of the partner things, just whatever the sublabels are for. For for venegar syndrome, I thought you said a subscription for everything. I was like, that is a pricey fucking.
Speaker 2: Would be God, that would probably be literally like six or seven.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars, if not more probably.
Speaker 2: I do want to point out de neuro says VS used to have a streaming service that they bagged. I would pay a hefty fee per month of those titles could be streamed. Try it before you buy it. Yes, they used to have Exploitation dot TV. I do want to point out one thing a lot of people do not even know about. This streaming service. Night Flight Plus is a streaming service that it's I think it's three ninety nine a month, or like well it's like three ninety nine a month, or like during Black Friday. You can get it for like twenty dollars for the year, something like that. They don't have everything VS, but they have a lot of VS. They have a lot of Deaf crocodile titles. They have a lot of stuff that Monta Macabro's put out. They have a lot of Severn titles right now. They have a lot of eighties and nineties programming for music documentaries, a lot of stuff like that. Night Flight Plus. If I'm going to endorse any streaming service, it's night Flight Plus. They they do incredible stuff. The interface is kind of eh It's nowhere near as bad as Amazon Prime Video, though, but check out a too b Ryan Toob's all right, it's I just hate ads to be to b ads. Ads suck. But yeah, check out night Flight Plus if you are wanting to supplement all of this purchasing with a cheaper streaming option. I think night Flight Plus is a good way to go and inexpensive enough to literally try out and you get. I think it's a two week free trial, which is pretty great for a service like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, decent. I mean, Brendan will see how how long the stream factory upgrades last.
Speaker 2: And it's not just screen Factory they're they're upgrading code red titles, Scorpion titles, Keino titles.
Speaker 3: And keno Is also do the same with Scorpion code red title.
Speaker 2: Olive titles, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Also, they should at least allow people to use their points for the subscription service.
Speaker 2: I do think I agree well, and their points plus the discount if they subscribe the previous year, you should be able to do both. Yeah, off topic, but Brendan is asking when does TerrorVision reveal their secret title? I grabbed it at the eleventh hour. I don't I hope this is not going to piss anybody off. We're not announcing it literally, we're never even going to say what it is publicly. The secret title can be purchased now until the end of the day tomorrow and people won't know it is until it is in their hands or somebody else posts about it online because they got it. But yeah, we're not coming out and saying, oh, the secret title was X. You just you got to take that. It's fifteen bucks by it if you want it. If not, no big deal.
Speaker 3: Comes with a pair of flip flops. I wish it did to go with your Frisbee. I I haven't gone yet.
Speaker 2: I got mine. Question none, Ryan, There's no way to say this without sounding like an asshole. But there's a couple like from Vinegar Center my text. I text Oscar sometimes and this morning we were literally texting and Oscar says, man, I cannot wait till you see one of the things coming out on the first And I went, oh, what are you to sell the beach ball with a discolder?
Speaker 3: There's no reason there's a discholder on that. They I don't know why I did that, Like, oh, soap boiless is there a thing to go with it, like, is that gonna be the next thing? Like next year's thing is going to be the one that we attached to it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope not. I do think it was probably because everybody, not everybody. Every year that they've been doing this April Fool's thing, somebody has complained about some bullshit. The first year it was because, oh, your subscription says I get every VS. Title and I didn't get this one and I didn't know I had to pay for it. The second year it was the art is bad on this fatal game slip cover. The third year was why do I have to draw my own slipcover? I don't want that? And then this year they were like, oh, we're showing a picture of a frisbee with a disc underneath it. We're sending them a disc. So to make all these entitled assholes happy, we got to send them a frisbee that can hold a disc too, I guess.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know. Honestly, it's fun to dis partake. I don't ever like, I wonder what it's gonna be, not since like I kind of liked I really liked that lenticular slopcover, which I didn't get because I wasn't part of it yet, so I was like, Oh, it's gonna be another cool slipcover and then was that scratchway thing. I'm like, oh, yeah, that's that's not really that great.
Speaker 2: Jake wants to know what Arra Vision is doing with the extra copies of the mystery title. I have no idea. They'll probably stell them like conventions and stuff like that. I assume because they go to a lot of conventions. But yeah, it won't be on the website and they're not like coming out advertising it or selling it. All Right, are we ready for some sequels?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Do you want?
Speaker 3: I mean you go? You go first? Me go first? Four of the five worked out.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got all five of what I'm gonna do. I have four physical copies one of them. One of them is put away already, so I do not have access to it. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna go ahead, and I am going to go. Okay, So this is this is kind of my weakest pitch. I'm gonna choose this one first. I love this movie. I think it is silly, I think it is cheesy. I think it is also scary and goofy in the best ways because I love this director, but I want to see a sequel to Drag Me to Hell where Justin Long dates someone else and does something to get them to get dragged to hell. He like invokes the curse again and chases after them to go back and find his what was about to be is almost fiance, so he's not the one getting dragged to hell, so he is safe. He is with somebody here and he cons them into getting this choice. The ground opens up, they get swallowed, and Justin goes up, hold the door, I'm diving in after you, and he goes in. And because he's not the one that they were after, he's able to chase after his wife or his fiance that was about to be his fiance and hope for the best. And so it's essentially an The entire movie is a journey through hell. You do like an upstyle monologue or not monologue montage at the beginning, like this relationship is being built before our eyes for like eight minutes.
Speaker 3: And then want to say ad night to Brennan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see your night, Brendan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you see this montage of them getting to know each other, falling in love falling in love because Justin Long is doing it fake and then you see the Witch come back and everything the ground opens up. Justin dives in and then the bulk of the film is just all of these horrors in hell of him finding his almost fiance, and then the end of the film is he gets her and brings her back up, and of course you got to do with some kind of fake out ending like they always do, and you turned out it's not actually hers, She's a demon or something like that.
Speaker 3: Ah. I was gonna say it turns into barbarian that yeah, that could work.
Speaker 2: And Carrie Mulligan Kerry Mulligan was asking about the secret title from TerrorVision says, isn't it without warning? It is not without warning. I can guarantee you that Satan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say Army of It sounds very army of darkness.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's been so long since I've seen Drag Me to Hell. I think I saw Drag Me to Hell. Had a screener. Oh geez, it was like the new Samuraimi movie.
Speaker 2: I remember is this O seven eight yeah, N nine nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was it had been a while since I was sly the Spider Man movies and all that stuff, like it had been a while since he had done something like that. All that, Yeah, all the witches right on? Yeah, absolutely absolutely. The only thing is like, when you go into like a fantasy realm, like, does it take away from the the faintness of the of the gruesomeness in the real world? Does it? Probably?
Speaker 2: But we kind of need that right now.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Is there anyone else or is it just just and long like down in hell?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean no, you definitely see like other horrific things happening, and you can easily get like it's Sam Raimy. You can get some people to cameo like is.
Speaker 3: There anyone else that has evoked the thing? And they are stuck down there like there's tons of ex girlfriends or tons of xys, every every fucked over spouse is down there.
Speaker 2: That could be. That could be I'm into it.
Speaker 3: No, No, I like it man, absolutely, and again anything that anything that, well, didn't he say he's doing a new gruesome movie now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Yeah, and then he's got that uh what is it called the Last Survival or whatever? Oh no, without warning? Is not the vinegar syndrome April Fool's joke. No, he's got that. He's got that movie coming out in the spring. That's like a castaway kind.
Speaker 3: Of Wow, it's the first ever heard. I mean, all I know is that he was in production the trailer yet Oh man, oh, I'm I'm doing I'm I'm off my game. And also, like, didn't he sign on for Doctor Strange two? He's doing Doctors? I don't know. I thought he was.
Speaker 2: He already did Multiverse amandness. I would I wouldn't mind seeing him do another one.
Speaker 3: No, I thought that's why he I thought because Scott Derickson wasn't gonna come do it, so they were like, you can just do this the next one as well, which I hated Multiverse amantas, I really really did. I.
Speaker 2: I did not like most of it, but the stuff that got kind of Sam raimisk at the end was pretty fun.
Speaker 3: The whole thing in the Multiverse is great. Oh yeah that part too. I should just stay just yeah, it's like Back to the Future part two. Just stay there.
Speaker 2: I am just tired of the whole Multiverse storyline.
Speaker 3: All you need to do is a side little side will story thing is well. It was perfect timing we had Endgame and the pandemic hit. They should have put everything on pause, laws Marvel, we're not doing telling you anything, wait five years, and then also and have it all planned out. The problem was that Avengers movie hit and everyone was like, oh Thanos, Oh my god, we're well building our way to Thanos. So every little step along the way we knew where we were headed. And this were like not only when we were making TV shows, but we're also making this and this and this and this and this, and you're like, so you're making more stuff have to watch yep, but I don't. I have less of an idea where we're going true, and then they obviously had to like delay some stuff. It's like, all right, well they're referencing stuff that hasn't even happened yet and this doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's I've still only ever seen Wad Division. Out of all the TV shows, I've not watched a single one of the others.
Speaker 3: It's not as rough as like watching Iron Fist that that shit was terrible, but it some of this stuff is like painful where you're like, oh my god, like this could have been this could have been done In an.
Speaker 2: Email let's hear your first pitch.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm trying to find Okay. So I've had this one in my brain for a while, so I kind of feel like I cheated a little bit, but it's at least no, it's an environment where I get to talk about it, and it kind of coincides with how I've felt this last year or so. And I actually proposed this to a bunch of my coworkers at the time, so mine would be called the Purge. Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 3: So we started on Black Friday with a bunch of scenes of service industry people being treated like crap. One by one, they start forming a list from customer loyalty programs. The titles are a montage of names being added, like Santas Naughty List. Cut to the eve of the Purge, where there is a shop owner of a small mom and pop business. They're being put out of business by a giant Amazon type company. Ro out the movie, you watch them conflicted with how to act during the Purge. Corporate billionaires have immunity, just like the politicians have immunity. I think an election year one of the one of the things, but many say to hell with the rules. So will that shopkeeper actually go after this Bezos type character. Will they help the disgruntled employees and kill the CEO or in fact be the uh the So it's like the Frank Grillo character, right, you know, and take the moral high road. So basically you just have people, you know, like hunting down like all these Karens and all these people that have been just like you could even like do a montage of like of like you like fake YouTube videos of something like like breakdown scenes, you know, like a Walmart type thing or like a like a burger king, and it's just yeah, it's it's it's just payoff, ninety minutes of payoff. It's get like everyone wants to see that, just like I'm trying to think of other movies where it was like people went to go see this because they just wanted to see, you know, someone get their ass kicked.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, fun, Yeah, I did you like the Birch franchise.
Speaker 3: For the most part, I think Election Year got mean. I don't know I have a better way to say that. It just got mean, and it got very statistic. He got very statistic and very stereotypical, like the like the like the teenage girls who come to like like destroy the bodega. It was such bad acting though. It as like I feel like this is verging on stereotype because it's so badly written. Ye, Like, I think anarchy is great. I truly do love like anarchy belongs in like the pantheon of Like it feels like a death Wish movie. Like it feels like this in like you know, like a Carpenter film or you know, I love that.
Speaker 2: We're talking about another Ethan Hawk film too.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly. Yeah. And that's the thing is the first one. I like the first one that it's an isolated thing, and I like the other one that it spreads out. Then they once it started going back, when it goes back to I'm like, no, no, no, I don't care how it started. I just just this is what it is. You've told me, these are the rules, this is the world. That's what I want to that's I can go from there. I don't need to see the first purge. And then you did the Purge Forever, the Forever Purge, and then it was really getting into whole, like again we'll talk about the story. It's like like Frankenstein's like this didn't have to be Purge, right, if this is really just watching you know, like Mexicans getting pissed off and like like you know, killing racist people. I'm like, you can make a whole story. You don't need to be the Purge. We would just like that story. Yeah, yeah, just show me that, Like, I don't need it to be the Purge because now you got Purge rules and that the people are bringing the Purge rules and the Purge e't fucking matter yep. So you could just make your own moveing and be like, oh wow, this new franchise, let's expand him on this rather than just being a standalone thing. Did you like the Purge?
Speaker 2: I like the Purge. I was gonna I was gonna say a lot, and I think I've tempered on it over time. I would say I still I like it quite a bit. It's something that I definitely expected to not.
Speaker 3: Like as much as I do.
Speaker 2: I the first movie. That first movie is so different, and I like that it's different, but gosh, I who know, Oh I don't remember.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I was about to say James wand and Mike.
Speaker 2: James Wandon' dur that it was not James Wand though.
Speaker 3: He did another ethanolgy right, No, he did.
Speaker 2: Scott Derrickson did Sinister? Is that what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: No, I'm thinking not ethanolgic. I'm thinking Kevin Bacon. I think James Wand did that uh where he has a shotgun. Go on, keep talking me about the Purge. I'll find out Kevin Bacon with a shotgun.
Speaker 2: I mean, not much else to say. I do think that they got a little on the nose with the Purge eventually, and I think very few would argue with that. But I don't know. It's acted well. It's a fun Uh, it's a fun storyline. It is well made, Like I can't really argue too much with it. I like the Purge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I prefer I feel like again, when we when we kept going, when we progressed, it turned into it lost its character.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it it became archetypes and I'm just like, Okay, it's different. I like that. But I also and it became more about the mythos, yes, whereas like I kind of like like different families, like like this type of family handle this. And you know.
Speaker 2: Ronnie shared that James Demonico directed the first one. I don't know that I've ever heard that name other than this. Did they direct anything else?
Speaker 3: I'll let Ronnie answer that Death Sentence is the Kevin Bacon movie Death Sentence, and James wand did direct it. I feel vindicated. Death Sentence it is?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is the poster.
Speaker 2: Why am I not remembering this at all?
Speaker 3: It is? It is him and Elizabeth Shoe. I believe it's it's it's Oh no, Kelly Preston it was. And Garrett Hedlund. Oh, I forgot he was in this and John Goodman what the fun? Yeah, it's it's it's basically Death Wish. It's a Death Wish rip off.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting death Wish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's James Wand.
Speaker 2: Oh, the same guy directed the first three Purge movies.
Speaker 3: Got Pigeonholed. Wow, yeah, Paul, I remember I rented it. I think from like Blockbuster.
Speaker 2: It's a Death Wish sequel. Like actually, oh, I didn't even know that they are. They related.
Speaker 3: It's one of those movies that has set learning so much about this, And I sat in the back of my brain and it keeps swirling about with like Max pain around and kind of looks like a Max pain thing with the poster and it's like, oh, but there's also sinister. But then the Purge came out, I'm like, oh, there's a dad protecting the people, and it just it almost became one of those movies I thought I dreamt up right right, like the Blu Ray. I feel like it's like, if you look into you can probably get it for like five bucks, but it sounds like something that should be like so unknown and out of print. You're like, oh, this is like two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: The guy that did the Purge did the Home this year. I hated the Home.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm know, look at them right now?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, go ahead. It's my turn for the next one. And it's kind of on topic of what you're talking about. So I do want to transition into this kind of quickly. I want to see a sequel to Dead Silence, also directed by James Wan, and my big pitch for this is the whole conceit of this film is everybody's turning into a ventriloquist dummy. Essentially, that is what happens in this film. I want to see. This is such a this is such a sadistic take for somebody that loves what I love. I want to see the Henson Creature Shop do a version of this movie where the Muppets turn into killers, essentially based on this storyline. So you find out that there are souls trapped in the Muppets as they're filming this story and instead.
Speaker 3: So it's five Nights of Freddy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's I mean, have you seen Dead Silence?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, saw.
Speaker 3: My friend makes fun of this because he says, what is it that rhyme? You wear the stair of Mary Shaw? She had no children, only dolls? Right, Shawls, we wear the stair of Mary Shaw, she had no children, only doll Yeah, anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Silent Mindable says that Deasence is loosely based on the new novel that is, the sequel novel to the original Death Wish novel.
Speaker 3: This is the most anyone has ever talked about this movie since it came out.
Speaker 2: It probably is.
Speaker 3: I don't think it remembers he made the movie.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what I was going for. Dolls meets dead Silence in a way exactly that.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay that I can see.
Speaker 2: I know we're moving on, but I have to mention it.
Speaker 3: I was like I kept thinking of of Five Nights.
Speaker 2: Not quite not not animatronics, like these are actually Ventriloquist puppets.
Speaker 3: But they're like muppets like Fozzy Bear. Yes, oh so you don't want but a ventral Quist is like a human looking puppe.
Speaker 2: Well because in that first film, that's all we get. But there are other types of puppets, so we're just we're just changing the type of puppets. Oh okay, you find out that the souls could be trapped in these.
Speaker 3: Two like Evil Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: In a way. Yeah, although different, but yes.
Speaker 3: And who is and do where do they come from? They come from Hell?
Speaker 2: Did not think that apart through I just got excited thinking about these sequels and I love them uppet so it was the first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 3: I wish they would do it. I mean, I'll see they wouldn't even like allow the Turtles to take their weapons out in the second Turtles film, so how but I see like if they went back to like a dark crystal type of type of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does Mary come back Mary Shaw? Yeah, of course she's she's got to be there.
Speaker 3: Hmm. It's fen when you comment it goes through all the formats. So I'm like, why do you keep commenting four times and like.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. Yeah, it's because we're streaming in four places.
Speaker 9: We're streaming all across the world.
Speaker 3: Absolutely do I I still get creeped out by Dead Silence.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie. It's a good movie, James waand is a hot take, really good at horror?
Speaker 3: Who is wait, the main actor is Kevin Dillon. Isn't that in that Silence? Is it Kevin Dylan? No? Is it Matt Dilan who is the lead guy.
Speaker 2: In then Ryan Quantine?
Speaker 3: Oh he's insane. He was like a WB Wait that's not the guy from True Blood? Is it?
Speaker 2: I never saw True Blood?
Speaker 3: Well I know where you were in the early two thousand.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, no, fine, rank, Yeah, I could have sworn there's like some like other home Dead Silence, so you would do all practical puppets.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they talk or they just like killing people, like.
Speaker 2: Oh they are talking. Absolutely, Takata, it is.
Speaker 3: The guy from True Blood. It most he is not Australian.
Speaker 2: He's South African, southern atmosphere kind of close. I couldn't even say that without laughing. That South Africa and Australia.
Speaker 3: From Twilight Slash Never Back Down. They both have they're both South African. I think Donnie Wahlberg, that's the fucker in the movie. He's in Dead Silence. I knew he was the brother of someone famous.
Speaker 2: He's got some sort of really small part though, right.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a major partner because he's like the last one of the last He's like the final guy, isn't he. He plays like cop or something that. By the way, Judith Roberts still looks like Mary Shaw, even her in her picture. That is a no makeup required situation.
Speaker 2: Paul, it looks like you're having a stroke because of your comments. And it's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Some way, we claimed Russell Crowe from Note from Note from New Zealand. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, pitch your second title? All right?
Speaker 3: Where do I have my second title here? All right? So this one be called Silence of the Dead. We are bringing back the Georgia Marrow universe. Oh nice. And but every every every Dead movie has to have some type of underlying sociological like message. So the world has been overrun by zombies. There are no human protagonists. The entire film is done with no dialogue, with a Welzink score that really tells the story. You have two conflicting tribes that are actively trying to kill each other while trying to survive in this post apocalyptic world. The film should stand in for the divide in society, but at this point is impossible to tell who was who. All you can do is decide how you feel based on the way that the zombies are presented. So it's kind of like the first twenty minutes of what was at the Rise of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, where it's like it's just the apes doing sign language, but there is no sign language, so almost like the Star Wars Holiday Special. But it really is just about watching this story unfold and being like, okay, like you know, you should be able to tell what's going on just by the music, just by their motions. And there's a movie that Alamo put out called The Tribe. I know if anyone's seen that, have you seen that?
Speaker 2: I think I did.
Speaker 3: It's all in American slang language, but there's no translation, right and I there's no subs.
Speaker 2: There's the other movie that Alamo put out right around then.
Speaker 3: What was it called uh, I'm not gonna be able to see.
Speaker 2: It right now. Oh uh yeah, I'm sorry that one and I declare War I always watch together. Love both of those for similar different reasons, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: I declare War as a bunch of kids essentially like playing playing war in the forest. But it's one of those movies where their imagination runs and we see their imagination and they we see real weapons and I actually have real weapons.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but I mean again, the idea is like you don't want to put like a shredded maga hat on one of the zombies. Is just like it's almost like the way that Alex Carlin presented Civil War, where it's like these different factions, but it's like California and was in Carolinas. I was like, really, like what do they have in common? It's like, so you really have to decide, like who are you who are you with just based on what you're seeing. That's true. Sounds fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would love to see the universe expand too.
Speaker 3: I'm just doing my elevator pitches, so I don't really have much of anything like you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't have much.
Speaker 3: You're like, I want this type of person to do. I want the Jim Henson gounna be to come in and do it. I'm just like great Niko Taro.
Speaker 2: I don't Well, this next one is a really obvious pick, so I'll just pitch this one now. The really obvious title for this is I feel like you have to get this film to be called Saints, and it is the follow up to Sinners, and it is Michael B. Jordan and his beautiful bride carrying on in the late eighties and early nineties, watching the music take its evolutionary turn there from the classic jazz R and B and all that to the upcoming hip hop swing and how we see some of these death outbreaks in what is being classified as crime through like the news and everything, but we come to find out it's vampire killings. And they are framing like the Biggie the Tupac the deaths that happened in the music scene as just simple factions fighting, but we know from what we're witnessing that it's actually vampire clans coming from eighty years prior and living through that music again. And you can have a just ripping soundtrack again with perfect eighties and nineties style really go through all of that and then you can leave it open to the to the future again somehow, just like they did in this last one.
Speaker 3: It's funny. There's a book and I cannot remember. She is the ex wife of one of the horror people and I want to say Clive Barker, but I'm pretty sure Clive Barker's gay. But she wrote a book about all the all the Hollywood like legends, like Marlon brand all these people actually got turned into vampires, like Orson Wells became a vampire, and so all these people that were like kill her, that Meril Monroe became a vampires. It it sounds similar to that idea of like, uh, in relation to what you said, I was thinking that would be great. They did it during like the the riots, the LA riots.
Speaker 2: That's on lines upride with the timing of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they said because it's like a free for all, and it's like, oh, indeed, absolutely, And then you basically had exactly as the because the LA riots broke out because of you know, an attack at it like an Asian owned bodega. Yep. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I my my grandmother's shop. My grandma was an interior decorator and we had to close up her shop because of the Rodney King rights for a little while. I remember all that very vividly. It was a crazy time.
Speaker 3: You were in Barstow.
Speaker 2: No, we we still lived forgot Yeah to Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I moved up to Barlow when I was eight or seven and about to turn eight.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So that's my third Saints.
Speaker 3: I love it. I mean, I mean, I like your idea. I mean, I'm pretty certain he's gonna have. Ryan Cougler is going to make his own sequel.
Speaker 2: I mean, he made it sound like he doesn't want to, and I hope that they don't actually, but I feel like it would be a fun way to take that.
Speaker 3: I feel like he it's it's one of these things where it's like the vampire lore again going back to Frankenstein is like you can do your own story. You don't have to do somebody else's or like you don't have to remake Dracula in hip hop. It's just like no, it's just like, just use the vampire as an allegory. Yes, So I could see him writing another one just purely being like it's just around this. Yeah, you know, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Googler called me. We'll talk about the big n tupacovideal.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you you don't. This one, I think is pretty much. I feel like I'm playing it, save with it. I feel better about my other ones. But I'll just go down the line where I had it. I had bright Burn too, the scorched Son. But yeah, yeah, and so I mean it's very basic. The kid from bride Burn has been taken by the US government and encouraged train to be a weapon of war. The search is on now for someone to fight him. What they find is a superpowered kid who was adopted into an upper crust family. Now the government is trying to get rid of him, while another faction is trying to save him or her. Think Terminator meets Chronicle with a splash of the Last Starfighter.
Speaker 2: What's amazing is right when you started talking, I first thought, Man, I should have done a sequel to Chronicle.
Speaker 3: We've all been waiting for that. Unforced Josh Treng, who my friend has worked with, so we'll see what he's he's doing some in for Netflix. I guess the movie would have an overarching theme of nature versus Nurture, which I pretty much is the first movie I felt that that movie really just kind of left me hanging. It had so much potential, but in Agua, I mean yes it had, but like everything I saw was good and then it ended. I was like, wait, no, there's gotta be more. Yep, like don't just stop, like you're you're getting into the good stuff, like the I liked the premise and then it's just like it felt, but it felt like it ended without confidence. Yeah, it wasn't like that we gotcha. It was the we got nothing else.
Speaker 2: We had to put an end on this.
Speaker 3: We couldn't figure it out. But like, yeah it again, the evil superman of it all is pretty much right there in front of you. So of course the idea is like, well, if it's the homespun kid who's now the bad guy, then where's the good guy come from? It's like, well, maybe like some like snooty upper crust family adopts them. So the question is is, like, well does it if they're good and they came from this, like right, what how does it you know? And where did they get their powers from? And yeah, I mean really, it's just again, a story has been told a gazillion times over, So what is the point of your story. It's a good point, which is going back to the Frankenstein of it all, is like you could be telling like I don't think I don't think this has This doesn't give anything about the movie Victor Frankenstein. They make the dad the asshole and the mom is very loving in the book. They're both loving. They're both very and actually his mom has already passed in the book, but they make it very much like oh your mom, you know, you really miss your mom. And then I'm like, why do they not have any movie? I mean, I guess Poor Things is the closest closers it came from to have like a Frankenstein esque person like rebuild their mom or something like that you can get to like the Oedipus of it all. Yeah, but to like, like they really don't delve into all these things of like bringing a person back to life or building a person, like that's a very deep rooted thing and why do you do that? And what is it about powers about your you know, missing someone so much you want to have them back, and like all these things you can just build off as a perfect platform and then it's like, nah, I'm just gonna it's alive. It's a lie. Like that's all right, We've done this already.
Speaker 2: They tried once. It was called weird science.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but but that is exactly like they took the Frankenstein and like what of their horny deans And you're like, well, at least that's something which they kind of did again with Dead Girl. Yeah, they kind of did it. But again the idea of power, the power dynamic, I mean, same with what's the movie that Zoe Kazan did with her now husband where he writes her sparks Sparks Again, that's very Frankenstein asked where you're like, you're you're this, you know, like strong will like low self esteem but like big ego on you male like you know, you know, like like you're now basically writing the dream girl, the man pixie dream girl, right, which is in its own sense very much a very frank and steiny type of thing. Because your fairy tale too. Yeah, you're you're basically just mishmashing specific characteristics that you love that would look that would be great together. You're basically doing the chocolate and peanut butter of a person. You're like, you know, what if it's what if it's all the quirky, great cute stuff but none of the human emotion or problems. And it's like, I just there's so much you can do with these stories, Like you said, like with like Sinners into the sky's the limit. Yeah, you know, it's just like Shakespeare. You don't need to redo Hamlet. Ham's a very basic story. Romeo and Juliet. There's been a good rezilion. And they didn't call it Romeo and Joy. It was just loves. It was called Romeo and Juliet exactly, just a couple that can't be together. There you go, That's what it.
Speaker 2: Is, speaking of couples, great transition. Uh, and also speaking of very easy storylines. I think this is a very unnecessary sequel, but I think it could be a lot of fun if you do it right. My pitch is called Honeymoon of the Creeps. Tom Atkins is very old at this point, so we have to make this like next year. Tom Atkins is known across these families for being a hero for saving what is now somebody's mother and father, and they are here to renew their vows as they are getting married. Alongside their child, who has now grown up. From the original Night of the Creeps, two of the characters that were in Night of the Creeps have stayed together have a child. That child is now getting married because that much time has passed, and they ask tom Atkins to officiate the wedding. And as he is there, some of the guests start to come up and they are dead and Tom Atkins just he gets to stand there and not do much except for look cool and give a lot of really funny lines. And it's like forty five minutes of pandemonium at a wedding. So everybody's dressed up fancy. There's a lot of like really mad cap situations that you can put in, of course, with like a giant cake and bouquets, and the.
Speaker 3: Floor dance exactly puts on thriller.
Speaker 2: That that is playing over the end credits, of course, but all of this stuff it it would just be a fun spectacle and a fun way to send Tom Adkins out the way that like Tony Todd got a really respectful send out that he did.
Speaker 3: Give him a white suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course he has to.
Speaker 3: I like it. It's it's it feels again very uh who directed Bubba Ho tep uh Don Coscarelli like that it feels kind of like that type of like I could see that tongue in cheek, like it's dark, but just go with it. Yeah, Like it's not mean spirited, it's just like, you know, it's just silly. Oh it's not even like it's like cabin fever light. It's almost a little Gremons too.
Speaker 2: Actually, Yeah, in a way I could see that. It's just a different setting.
Speaker 3: You really are just like pulling on all the wedding troops.
Speaker 2: Yep, literally on purpose because it's the most relevant and most relative too for everybody.
Speaker 3: The bride tes to take like the garter belt off and her leg comes off like it takes the skin with it. It'says like.
Speaker 2: They show her going to throw her bouquet and it gets traded out the last moment for like a butcher's knife or something, and she throws it and it gets a zombie. Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone throws all the rice and the birds like start attacking the body. Then you can play on Hitchcock there too. Yeah. I love it. I love a good romp and the like you liter can do. Would you would so call it Honeymoon though.
Speaker 2: Honeymoon creeps because this is Night of the Creeps.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's because it's the wedding.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't just conjuring the name of it and understanding that after this there's going to be something, you know, there's a lot of recovery that has to happen.
Speaker 3: I gotcha. Yeah, no, absolutely would you? Would you? So it's just going to be that one the one wedding is not gonna.
Speaker 2: Just the one wedding. You obviously you got to lead up to the wedding a little bit of planning, a little bit of like a montage of Tom Madkins coming out of retirement to officiate a wedding. Yeah, lots of stuff that you can do with that. Maybe maybe send it on.
Speaker 3: A cruise ship, a little project next. Yeah, it's got a little Project X in there, a little uh. I love it, you know who? I actually would have direct then Christopher Landon.
Speaker 2: That'd be a lot of fun. I could definitely see him doing will with it.
Speaker 3: I would like him to go back to like the Happy Death Day. But even before that the Scouts Guide.
Speaker 2: To Scout's Guy do a zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 3: Zombie apocalypse, which I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: It's good movie.
Speaker 3: I'm so waiting for my third Happy Death Day. It'll happen. That's happening. They said it's happening.
Speaker 2: They've said it before.
Speaker 3: Well, they said they signed up. Both of them said they signed on for it, and he's writing the script, but who knows what the genre is.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm waiting for that just the same way. I almost was going to pitch a Trick or Treat too, But that's supposedly something we've been waiting on since like two thousand and eleven or whatever.
Speaker 3: But isn't I again full discordier, I've not seen Trick or Treat? Which Trick or Treat are we talking about?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 2: Sam Michael Doherty the anthology Oh the Eros.
Speaker 3: Released on Topology. You know, any number of movies. You can just grab a bunch of different anthology movies like VHS and if there's gonna be twelve VHS.
Speaker 2: Movies, yes, Although the big difference is it Michael Doherty directed all of the segments of or Treat. They are all inter like, they all affect each other very much, so they are they are standalone stories, but they make one overarching plot.
Speaker 3: Gotcha. Yeah, see this is why I'm ignorant about it. I don't know, you should see.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of anthologies I think I do. If I do, you know, maybe I'll watch tomorrow night for a Halloween. That's a perfect time, perfect time. It's a good drink. Let's see what I got for my next one here. So this one is a little more of a deeper cut. And I and it's been a while since I've seen the first one, so I might be speaking out of turn as far as like what could progress? But Starry Eyes too, Oh, I fucking love story Eyes. And I feel like, especially now with like the TikTok generation and just like we've just got the substance where it's like you're a star, but you have to remain a star, and what are the prices you pay to remain a star? So even though she sold her soul to the devil to be a star, I can only imagine that Satan is not just like and now you're good, you know contracts. So it's like she is basically losing her stardom to someone else to like she's but just like no one specific, but just in general. So it's like she's got to re up her contract, you know, like, well, you know you're not you're not Instagram famous and you're not this fan and the Kardashians are out doing you or whatever. You don't even want to talk about the demons that they paid off to to become that. So basically, Sarah is now rich and famous. Unfortunately, continued fame comes with a price that must be paid and can never be paid in full. Sarah must now seek out certain sacrifices. So there's a list. It's almost like a like a like a like a scavenger hunt has to seek out certain sacrifices to make to the dark Lord. But what happens when the offerings hit close to home and Sarah must hand over the people closest to her and I don't remember if we get close to her family, I know her roommates are all basically dead at this point. Sorry to spoil, sorry eyes, but still see it. But like again, like like does she like you know, you you become famous, or you move to LA and you don't go home anymore and visit your friends and that, so it's just like, oh, I'll just go back and find my best friend from high school and sacrifice them fuck it. And it's just so that it's like, yeah, but we also need this. Yeah, and it's like her having to like you know, slowly but surely, uh you know, like make those sacrifices, almost similar to like I'm got a blank on it now, But there was like another movie where there was like about having to like you know, you know, knock someone else off in order to like it was almost like Drake, what am I thinking of the substance and she's just like draining. Maybe I'm just thinking of her like like like all of the Final Destination movies are like that too. Yeah, it's basically yeah with a ring and like passing it along and stuff like that. Yep, or it follows, It follows yep, very very much. So Yeah, and again he might even be a good I mean know what those two directors are doing now, but I think he would be a good replacement if they didn't do it.
Speaker 2: He's working on something else. And then the actual sequel to it follows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I thought if All's sequel is his next movie.
Speaker 2: He's got one coming out in twenty twenty six. I literally just looked this up because we were looking at him for something else.
Speaker 3: But the two directors from The Starry Eyes because it was a dual group. Yes, do are they still doing stuff?
Speaker 2: I believe so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, because they could do it. I mean I would still want to have that kind of very grindhousey feel to it. You know, it had that very like seventies like Polanski esque feel to it. Uh.
Speaker 2: Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmeyer are the directors on this one.
Speaker 3: I really feel that that deserves a much better release. I agree, Mike, I think that could absolutely be a second site release.
Speaker 2: Did not like that they did pet Cemetery.
Speaker 3: Oh that is what fine enough? I want to signed copy of pet Cemetery remake from them. I have it. It's here, well somewhere on my shelf. It's signed by them. I went it off a podcast. I also have a pet Cemetery hoodie that I won from them, but I just never wear it.
Speaker 2: I love that we keep getting these random things that are similar. You got a director's duo, My next one is the director's Duo. Everything just keeps coming up, even I like.
Speaker 3: It wheels within wheels with speaking more grow ficks because I forget. I'm really still waiting for under the Silver Light to get a nice DELOCKX edition.
Speaker 2: Let's just talk about this too.
Speaker 3: I really, I mean second sight. I just I feel like it's gonna happen. I feel like it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: That or a twenty four finally give it a proper release and not just a BDR.
Speaker 3: Yes, well you can get the UK release and it's not a BDR, right right, But is it Liones who put it out? Is lions Gate?
Speaker 2: It was the when lions getting a twenty four. We're still doing their stuff together.
Speaker 3: Steel book. It's gonna be a gun slip over steel book, That's what it's going to be. Well it will if South Paul can do it, they can do with this. But go ahead, all right, what's your next doing.
Speaker 2: My last one? It is by a couple of people that are related and I am proposing an all practical effects still directed by the Chiotos brothers. Killer Clowns from across the County Line is the name of the sequel. It is about a Now that the UFO has come and everybody's seen the attack of the Killer Clowns. Now the Killer Clowns have replenished their population on Earth because some of them had died in the first film, and they are out for revenge against the people that hurt them, but they just simply can't find them. So now they essentially make up a traveling circus that they look like and they start abducting random people from every city that they stop in, and at the very end they finally get everybody, and it just ends up into this crazy like carnival of mass murder in the very last city. And uh, instead of killing all the clowns, they just simply get away, and so it leaves it open for a possibility for them to come back. But yes, Killer Clowns from Across the County Line is.
Speaker 3: Both those directors are still around with us.
Speaker 2: I believe that Childo's brothers are still like alive and doing cons and everything.
Speaker 3: If they weren't, I would say I could love I would love to see either Tim Burton or Peter Jackson go back and completely gross out like dead alive type of kinpe of thing. Yeah, like Peewee's Big Adventure, just like road trip Clowns in a van.
Speaker 2: Carrie Mulligan says, how about killer Clowns in a cornfield with the cornfield spilled with the.
Speaker 3: K Harry Mulligan is just wanting us to get in trouble.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For the KKK movie.
Speaker 2: It's the one set in Alabama, right.
Speaker 3: And all they do is the Klondike bars.
Speaker 2: With but yeah, fun movie, lots of practical effects, of course, lots of zany imagery. But also killer clowns have gotten extremely popular. I mean they're all over spirit Halloween. Now they've got the video game that is coming out or whatever.
Speaker 3: It would make win.
Speaker 2: It would make a fuck ton of money if they started.
Speaker 3: Making it, absolutely and then everyone would start doing it for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yep, to have this.
Speaker 3: Now what the first one is? Is it set in the fifties sixties or is it so sweet it's still in the.
Speaker 2: Oh it was modern time, okay if I remember maybe the opening is from like a year prior maybe not.
Speaker 3: I don't have such a B movie appeal that it's just like my only word is that. And then they modernize it and just be like, would you set in the modern war? You would try to make it eighties nineties again, like.
Speaker 2: I would, I would probably try to make it early nineties. It would be like a short time after like the the clowns that were here got attacked, and they went back to their planet and regrouped, and now they have to come back and take revenge. That way, we don't have to worry about cell phones. You don't have to worry about technology. Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Once it's like because then you start going into like the joking thing of like are they going to become Instagram famous or like what is it? You know? Yeah, like more of an isolated like a tremor's about Like yeah, I like it, man, I well I had anything to go back to practical effects. I've always said, like practical effects. No matter how fake something looks, the brain just registers physical things better than digital. He just knows it. It's it's not it's not an opinion thing. It's just the way your brain works. So if you see something slimy and grows splitting apart or ooze coming out of it, your brain just knows that that's a physical thing you're looking as opposed to digital.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So even though it look you're like, oh, that's just you know, fake slime, or like you look at all this stuff from videodrome and it like the VHS tape and all the bubbling, it's like you can kind of it's plastic. Oh you're still seeing something bubble and when something bubble.
Speaker 2: You're like, it means a lot more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let's see what that's why I hear it is another Clowns. Oh yeah, didn't the Clowns have a game?
Speaker 2: It must have already come out. I thought it was yet to come out. I didn't realize it already.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like a PS two game or something like that. I thought, I remember, man, I'm just thinking of something that looks like Killer Clowns. It's like a Crazy Taxi or crash Bandicoot because crash Bandicoot kind of looks like it belongs in the Killer clown world.
Speaker 2: Well, the Killer Clowns almost look like they belong in like Twisted Metal.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm thinking of, twist because I think the clown thing is supposed to be yeah right, okay, my way, it's not that okay yeause. Otherwise again, just like the Dinosaur, the full metal jacket thing, they're all right. Last title, last title, and this is the longest. It's the longest one. Holy shit, I'm gonna read real fast because it's basically just the opening scene. Because I've had again this is when I've had in my head for a while, and because I don't own the rights, I'm just gonna say it. They're kind of try. If someone sees it, they may take it, but I'm gonna So this is my proposal for Scream seven.
Speaker 2: Oh God, because I don't like the trailer for that drop today, right.
Speaker 3: Did it really? Yeah? I don't find I'm sure I'll watch it later. These last two no, blano, No, it's just not for me because it's just the same type of thing. It's like, don't blame the fans. It's the same prince anyway. And that was not shot in New York, by the way. That was my biggest qualm.
Speaker 2: That is not New absolutely, it's not even the US.
Speaker 3: It is just like you cannot get like it's nighttime by the time they get to one of the scenes, I'm like it was just daytime. Out to get the up riverside from Central Park takes five minutes anyway. All right, So Scream seven movie opens like all the others, phone call to a young woman home alone. We go through the regular troops of the series. A chase ensues, but unlike usual, the woman is triumphant and kills ghost Face just before a cop arrives. After they kick in the door. The cop pulls the mask off and the two look down at the guy. There's a pause, big dramatic pause, and the cop says, you know him. There's another long pause and the woman shakes her head and says no. The title rolls and then it's revealed that we're not in Woodsboro. It's a whole different town. We're dealing with the cult of ghost Face. It's now become an online secret society that has spread to different small towns across the US. The movie plays out with a different ghost face being revealed about every twenty minutes, almost like mini movies on masking many of the minor characters seen on screen. So just when you think the movie's over, it's like, what that Like they're being intact in like ever it is a you know, a diner or you know, a hotel room or whatever it is, and it's like, oh, you think this one's going to go the whole time, and it's like, oh no, there's this whole thing going round. So the guy that witnessed it, he could also be a ghost face. This is like fight club. Uh, who shoot, I just lost my place ghost it Now it becomes an honorably but but but but The movie plays out with the different ghostace room but boo. By the end, it's revealed that the people unmasked couldn't have committed all the murders. Cut to a mid credit scene where one of the characters has left the town or escaped the town, and is revealed to be the last ghost face that was doing the killings that got away. They approach an unmarked door halfway through an alley. They knock and are led in after answering the secret passphrase. They're led down a long corridor to what looks like a small arena with stadium seating. The place is packed with ghost faces. He puts his mask on and joins the crowd, just as they are silenced by the speaker of the house, which is revealed to be Stew Macher, whose faces heavily scarred up, almost like Jigsaw from Punisher war Zone. He says a few words to get them all riled up. They cheer, then he silences them again and says, with all sincerity, but wait, there's more. Yes, I.
Speaker 2: It's basically confirmed the stew is going to be in or Matthew Lillard is going to be in scream set.
Speaker 3: Well that's it sounds like Wes Craven's New Nightmare is what they're doing. Yeah, which is great. I'm just saying as far as like the Woodsboro story, it's like this town is fucked, Like how how many more times can this? But at some point and just like these last companies have done, it's like it's gone online and odds are like if ghost Face was a real thing, there would be a cult, there would be a QAnon type group, like you know, all these like embittered people that are like, for whatever reason, are taking up the mantle of ghost Face because they're avenging the thing that they're bitter about. So the idea of like it's not just like the person it's like, oh it's so and so who used to date Billy who is now pissed off, And it's like you can connect the dots. It's like it could be it literally could be anybody. So it's like you have a town where it's like like some type of New England town where like people are coming to visit. It could be fourth of July, it could be summer, and it's like you have all these people renting like airbnbs and stuff like that, So all these people have come to the town, so you just have a plethora, because that's my favorite part of the screen franchise. They always when you're in the middle and trying to guess, but after a while, it just gets narrowed down to you're like, all right, it's so and so, like there's no other possible person. And these last the last couple of ones were just like almost like impossible to get them. Like, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna spoil the list, even though it's thinking it's terrible, I'm not gonna spoil the last scream. But there's things in the last scream where I'm like, well, that says not physically fucking possible. Now you're just bending the rules of reality to fit the story, whereas the first one was like you can go back and look and like while he was killing them, they were making the phone call or they were doing like you can really piece back together. And again, why are you telling the story? Is it just a fit a is it just a forcing a round peg into a square hole just to get us out, or are you telling a different type of story? So I might would be like turning ghost Face into fight Club. Basically interesting.
Speaker 2: That sounds more intriguing than the Scream seven trailer was.
Speaker 3: I'm still gonna watch it. I'll still probably go see it. Did you give your fifth one?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah. My other honorable mention, I didn't even have a plot synopsis, but I had urban legends cyber myths, and so I had it like basically all these like like you know, all this misinformation on a college campus. It's basically like someone like bringing to life all these stupid like urban leg life. Yeah, like creepy pasta and stuff like that, or like you know, killing someone at like a like a pizza parlor, like a pizza gate type of dyun. Yeah, because I think urban legend. I think I love Urban legends. Final Cut I really one of the movies I always talked about. I'm like, no, I want to go watch a religious I Don't Come again. And John Aubman directed, scored, and edited the movie, which is amazing, But it was never a franchise that I think got enough because then the third one was like not even related to it. It was right, not at all supernatural, and I think like that was a thing that you could have just expanded. There's so many urban legends, you know, there's so many college campuses, you know, and it's a far more robust cast than it deserves to have.
Speaker 2: Joshua Chickson.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say Robert Englin, but okay, Pace Lever, but yeah, yeah, I mean you have, yeah, you have about Brad Duraff. You know, for the time Natasha Gregson Williams was like real rare to get into a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're not gonna talk about Jared Letto, but but I mean Alicia Witt, I mean it was a it was a I think that mood desires a lot more credit the pantheon of nineties post scream. What else can we do?
Speaker 2: You know? Not much, that's the question. Yeah, these are fun. I love pitching some of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I definitely think it kind of like all blended in with like what we had industry planned, like you and I. If anyone doesn't know, like I pitch ideas to Ryan like even months out, even tonight, like I'll be like, hey, the next time I'm on in six minutes, let's do this, And it's like, I don't know, about this, I don't know, so.
Speaker 2: I will say, going off of your last sequel pitch, there was a director that I was dming on Instagram for a little while that was actually up for possibly directing the next Scream Wow, And we were pitching some ideas back and forth. And one thing that we we touched on that I feel like would be really cool to see is for the first time, ghost Face wears a white cloak and you set Scream in the snow and it's.
Speaker 3: I would not say, it's gonna look.
Speaker 2: Bad, right, It's gonna look bad, but the mask sets it off so it doesn't look that bad. So you want face, ghost Face, hold on, hold on. The coolest thing though, is the deaths in the snow would look so different than just the the the deaths in like a dark house, well.
Speaker 3: A ski lodge. Yeah, one hundred. I love a snowy scenario. It's kind of like, what's the not iced But what's the other one? The rock slaughter rock or whatever was the one that just just put out, uh out of snow bunnies and stuff?
Speaker 2: Is it snow tracks?
Speaker 3: No, it's track.
Speaker 2: It's death tracks, death tracks, death tracks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what you did last Winter. I just did. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I have funny enough one of the ones that I was trying to think of, like how could you make a sequel for it? I loved Adam Green's Frozen, and I was like, that's just too contained of a story, like yeah, you say they get caught again, Like no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean that's basically like open water. It's like how many or or or fall? Yeah, which is this? Yeh? I mean, to me, the best if you want to talk about like someone's trapped and isolating the business. If you haven't seen it buried, Oh, it's so good. His hands down, Ryan Realds is best performance. Fuck Deadpool. This was like, this is clear the movie that he made. He's like, I'm going to be a real actor and then he's making money and he's like, well I guess I'm not doing it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like if you watch that film, the fact that they don't ever use the same angle twice, it's pretty great and it's all in a box. It is really really good.
Speaker 2: That movie.
Speaker 3: Is ripe for rediscovery. I agree, I agree, I definitely.
Speaker 2: And he was a little weak, but it's a fun movie.
Speaker 3: No, without getting anything away, it can only we'll talk off screen, Yeah, we'll talk of.
Speaker 2: But yes, on that note, I think that's all we wrote. Anything that you want to shout up before we call it a night.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's always a players to do these things. I wish there was a little bit more tea to spill this week. I wish Show Factory had like a noun like we're only doing cartoons now. I don't know, something like that said something really or left like like type some like weird cryptic email.
Speaker 2: They sold all of their physical media rights to Sandpiper.
Speaker 3: Exactly, were like sent out a tweet that was like kofifi or so over at shout I will say. I mean that that the that hard boiled thing I think is the most telling of all the events that have transpired, not saying because I know everyone's been on Reddit being like, oh orbit dude said all these people have been laid off, which is apparently not true. It's it's just.
Speaker 2: All kinds of people have been laid off. Fourteen percent of their workforce was actually laid off. That is true.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that is true.
Speaker 2: Now none of them could be from physical media, but we do know that there have been some changes in physical media, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But the but the but the now how shout acumen in the face. She'll semen saying we will be fulfilling your pre orders, but we just might not be making any more.
Speaker 2: No, it's no people are people are just assuming.
Speaker 3: So so the idea is now, so all those pre orders from the third party companies may not be fulfilled. But if you pre ordered from shout directly, are you getting it?
Speaker 2: I would assume so. I mean they they cancel all the orders, but who knows.
Speaker 3: Look there's another person I'm not gonna name names, but they were rumored to be going bankrupt because their ship was still at the printers. Where there's smoke, there's a fire in the murder Pieces pieces. Speaking of underrated bottle films, another great Ethan Hogworld too. His tape I tape has been unavent. I mean you can get the DVD probably on eBay, but never seen it. It's is tape is link later right, Remind me if I'm wrong. These are again periods where like Ethan Hawke did like a gazillion films, but I know he did something similar with the link later. I think Tate might be Yeah, it's been very unavailable. That's there's a couple of link later films that need to get re released, Waking Life, Suburbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, on that note, Uh, follow Dan's Instagram as you can see the description below.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a couple of uncollectibles.
Speaker 2: You know, anybody why there's no sales happening right now.
Speaker 3: Supporting an American friend.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next week Will is back. It's the first of the month, of course, so we'll be covering OCN and everything else. Lots to discuss next time. Lots of fun guests coming up for November. Gods every twenty eight days, all right, I think that's all I got. Patreon stuff. I've been giving some short little teases of stuff happening behind the scenes. If you want to get in on those, go subscribe to the Patreon. Some big things getting announced in the coming couple of months. One big one. I chose the co host for the next chelf Shock Rewind Awards, and we'll be talking about that publicly soon. It's not Dan Siven. Sorry, We're gonna get Dan to do something fun for it, though.
Speaker 3: We'll try.
Speaker 2: All Right, until next week, folks, stay safe. It's Halloween and it's a Friday, which means some people are gonna go a little crazy.
Speaker 3: So anything I wouldn't do, which doesn't really you know, narrow down.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll see you next Thursday. Me Ronnie the best. Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 6: Hello, this is Matt and Emily from Scarecrow Video in Seattle, Washington. Did you know that we have the largest video collection in the world. We have over one hundred and forty six thousand titles and growing. That's our three times more than Netflix, Amazon Max, and Hulu combined.
Speaker 5: Plus a Scarecrow now offers rent by mail service throughout the US, so check out Scarecrow Video dot org for details. You can catch Emily and I or Matt and I if that was going to be you saying that on our bye Week plea YouTube show, Viva Physical Media for video recommendations and so much more.
Speaker 2: Sea bye Ee.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Please select the link in the description,