Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed. The following is a paid program. Wr's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 1: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. The number one reason people call out of work is pain. Now, pain can be caused by a lot of stuff. Can be caused by stress. So most people when they have a pain in their back or their neck or their shoulders, it's from stress and they have to reduce their stress. You know, it could be relationship, It could be money. It could be physical stress. It could be poor posture, sanitary lifestyle, repetitive movements, could be chemical stress. You know, all these cleaning fluids and perfumes and pesticides and herbicides and artificial flavors and sweeteners and medications and drugs. Could be electromagnetic frequency stress. Too much Wi Fi and cell phones and five G and laptops and smart devices and big cities and all this extra radiation, Bluetooth and Apple watches and whoop devices. I mean, there's so much radiation going around. It's a lot of stress. So stress causes inflammation. Inflammation causes pain. That's why a lot of people will take ensets, non stereoidal anti inflammatory drugs. You know, those are the over the counter to stuff, you know, and then you get prescriptions, right, so you can get the title all the aspirin, right, the h advil, the ib profane, but then you also get the prescription. You know, those get more intense, the Parkistan and the Viking and the muscle relaxers, and you know morphine and you know the uh OxyContin and that. All these drugs now that people take to get rid of pain. And then they have you know, even you know natural stuff right to hide the symptoms or to bring down the inflammation. Turmeric aeratrol or make a threeze, those are natural ways to bring down inflammation. For pain, people will use arnica. You know, there's all different natural ways to reduce pain. But what are we doing. We're trying to hide the symptoms, right, So you don't want to hide the symptoms and you don't want to treat the pain. Somebody calls that it sick, you know, because they got back pain, neck pain. Oh, they're gonna go to the massage therapist, the physical therapist, the you know, acupuncturists, the chiropractor, the pain management doctor. You know, they're gonna get all these doctors to treat the pain. You're not getting to the root. Cause when you treat the pain, I don't care if it's medically, if it's surgically right.
Speaker 3: They do fusions and you know, latinectomies, and you know, dyschotomies, and yeah, knee replacements and you know.
Speaker 1: Hip replacements. To do all these things, all right, put rods and pins and artificial joints and artificial discs and try and get rid of the pain. It's always trying to hide the symptoms. Everything is about hiding the symptoms. I don't want the pain on me. Wear a brace or a bandage. It's always about hiding the pain. Oh my got a headache, Take an aspirin. No, why were always trying to hide the pain? I like the pain. The pain tells me what's wrong. I play a lot of sports. Sometimes I'll get really banged up after a basketball game and I'll come home limping, and my wife will be like, oh, you know, take a tile and all and ask and I'm like no. She goes, why do you want to suffer with pain? Because I said, the pain is protecting me. So if this pain is preventing me from bending over to tie my shoes and I can't do it because it hurts, the body's protecting me saying don't bend over and twist your spine because I've I've injured it, so don't aggravate it. If you take a painkiller, if you take an anti inflammatory, you take a muscle relaxer, now you're able to bend down and tie your shoes. But now you're going to cause more problems because that pain is protecting you. You don't want to hide the pain. The pain's important. The pain is your brain telling you what's wrong. Pain is good. It tells you what not to do. But you gotta listen to your body. You know, the patients come to me all the time, doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I do this, so I say, well, stop doing that. Don't do things that cause pain. Listen to your body. If you take a pain killer, then you're gonna do things that aggravate it, because now your brain's not communicating to your body properly. It's a different concept. I'm like one percent of doctors, ninety nine percent of doctors are gonna try and come up with some solution to hide the pain. I don't want the solution to hide the pain. I want to get to the root cause of what's causing the pain. It could be a lot of different things. It could be your bones are out of position. It could be you have poor posture. It could be you have muscle spasm. It could be you have nerve compression. Could be of a herniated disk. Could be you have poor proprioception from your brain. Could be too much inflammation, could be the stress. Could be poor circulation, could be heavy metal toxicity, could be an infection, could be an autoimmune disease. I mean, it could be a million things. Maybe it's a combination of different things, and maybe you have to work on a lot of them. And maybe you've got an MRI that said you have a disc problem and everyone's telling you that's the cause of the pain, but maybe it's actually not the disc. A lot of times we're told the wrong things. So that's why it's good to get second opinion, third opinions, fourth opinions. I like to get lots of opinions, kind of piece it all together and take all the advice I get and trying to see, okay, what makes the most sense logically, All right, let's do some logic and let's think. All right right now. In my opinion, the way to think is that there's no better doctor than the human body. So the pain is protecting me. Okay, if I have, you know, a headache, there's a reason why I have a headache. And I'm dehydrated. The brain's telling me give me more water. Maybe I'm hypoglycemic, I'm having eaten in too many hours. The brain's telling me to feed me some food. Maybe I'm vitamin D deficient, and the brain's telling me, hey, I need some sunlight. Maybe I don't have oxygen. Maybe I'm gonna prove my posture, start breathing better. We gotta get to the root cause of the headache. Maybe my muscles are in spasm. Maybe my neck is misaligned. Maybe I have siness pressure. Maybe I have allergies. Maybe you have toxic exposure. Maybe you have an autoimmune disease. Maybe you have inflammation. So we've got to get to the root cause. It's always about getting to the root cause of the problem. It's never about treating symptoms. You'll never figure out the problem treating symptoms. Sometimes that's how they diagnose conditions. And a lot of patients they'll come to neurologists with tremors, and one way doctors, not all doctors, but one way doctors diagnose Parkinson's's by giving them the Parkinson's medication, and if the tremor goes away, then they say, oh, you got Parkinson's. Uh, if you drink alcohol and your tremor goes away, then that's an essential tremor. A Parkinson's tremor is more resting tremor where they hands move at rest. And then you have also what's called an intention tremor where you do with action, like you know, you grab a glass of water and you start shaking. That's usually from the cerebellum. So, you know, we got to figure out if there's a tremor, is it essential tremor, is it a Parkinsonian tremor, you know, is it a cerebellar tremor intention tremor? You know, there are lots of different causes. Always got to get to the root cause. The key to health is always getting to the root cause. Stop trying to treat symptoms. Right, if I have high blood pressure, don't just give me a high blood pressure medication and try and treat the symptoms, and say, why is my blood pressure so high? Maybe I mean stress mode, too much stress. I gotta bring down my cortisol. Maybe we have a poor diet, Maybe you have a set ententy lifestyle, maybe not sleeping enough. Right, there's all different reasons for high blood pressure, and it's not a deficiency in high blood pressure medication. So you got to get to the root cause. I always get to the root cause. So with pain, we want to get to the root cause, right, and you need an integrative, holistic type of approach. And in my opinion, it's always better to start off conservatively. You know, I don't always go to the surgery of the medication first. Try conservative therapy first. You know, maybe if we figure out the root cause, like a spinal misalignment, they can fix that. Or if it's a muscle spasm, you do some active release technique, or it's a nerve compression, we could do decompressive therapy. Maybe we got to bring down the inflammation and prove circulation. Right, if we get to the root cause of the pain, if we get to the recause the headache, we get to the recause of the tremor, then we could actually figure out what's going on and give the appropriate treatment to rewire your brain in a process called neuroplasticity and get everything to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. You don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 1: Function banner feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Aplin, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, if I had pain or headache or low energy fatigued pression, the first thing I think that will be most important is the twenty rule. The twenty rule is where every twenty minutes you get up for twenty seconds and move your body. It could be twenty shoulder rolls where you look up and roll your shoulders back. It could be walking twenty steps. It could be sitting up and down for twenty times. It could be twenty jumping jacks. Or you could do twenty pushups. You could do twenty sit ups. You could do you know, twenty squats, twenty lunges, you know, twenty leglifts. Doesn't matter what it is, but move your body for twenty seconds. The worst thing for the brain and the body is a sedentary lifestyle, and people are sitting more and more often. We got to get up. It's called the twenty rule. And set an alarm. Maybe get a cooking timer, you know, you just dial it up to twenty and bing. You can't use your cell phone if you want, use a timer so it vibrates or something like that, and then you get up. Luckily, I have a job where I'm always moving. I'm always walking around seeing patients going to different rooms to get them from different angles. I have to help them along the way, so it's not like I'm in a desk job sitting at a computer all day. Now, there are times, you know, I'm writing a book. It's called Boost your brain Power, the Eight Essentials to Conquering Anxiety without Medication. So as I'm writing this book, I do a lot of sitting, and I put my arm every twenty minutes. Boom, get up now. Sometimes it works out where I'm the middle of the paragraph, I'm in a good thought, Okay, so I'm gonna I might go to twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven minutes so I finish that chapter, finish whatever I gotta do. But then I get up right. Sometimes it works out. Usually it's pretty accurate. Around twenty I'm finishing up a sentence, finishing up a paragraph, finishing up a chapter, or something like that. But yeah, if you need that extra two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, ten minutes, that's fine as long as you do it often. But that's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, for twenty seconds. That's it. Don't tell me you can't take a break for twenty seconds. You can't not take it for twenty seconds. It will change your life. You'll have better memory, more energy, better focus. You'll get rid of your pain, your discomfort, you're depression. Come on, it's not negotiable. Do the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes. You gotta get up. I don't care what you're doing. You're watching the nickname. You get up every commercial you're uh, you know you're watching a Netflix press pause for twenty seconds. Walk to the kitchen, get a glass of water. I don't care what it is. Open up a window, take the dog out to pee, Do some jumping jacks, do some push ups, take a bunch of breaks. Don't do this binging for hours, sitting. It's the worst thing. You're on the computer. You gotta get up. You're scrolling on the internet, Get up social media. You gotta get up and then maybe you'll get some sense and you say, hey, what am I wasting my time on social media? Hours? People are on these Netflix, YouTube, you know, Disney. I don't know what people do with Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, hours and hours and hours. And I used to be one of them. I used to watch TV, I used to watch sports, spend all Sunday watching football. And you know it was it was said one of my good friends growing up, Joey. He passed away in twenty nineteen. And in twenty nineteen and the only time I would really see Joey was at the bar and to watch the football games because my team wasn't a local team, so I'd have to go to the bar to watch it, and his team wasn't local, so he would go. So it was great. I got to see Joey. We had a good time, and then he passed away and it was just like and I was like, the reason I liked it wasn't because of the football. It was because I was spending time with my good friend, right, So I was like, okay, because I was said, I was like, that's it. I'm done with football. I haven't watched football since and I haven't watched baseball. You know, I'll take my kids live to the game. You know, we'll go to the Yankee game, right. I think that's fun and good experience. But I don't waste you know, four hours, you know, from whatever it is seven point thirty to almost midnight. Oh, first of all, to be sleeping, all right, But you know, I'll take for the experiences. That's good. You know. I like to take my kids for lots of experiences, to sporting events, to you know, broadway shows, to musical concerts and you know, all different type of events. You know, we like that. That's good experience life. And I take them to travel, and they've been to a lot of places, and at very young ages, they've been to Europe and you know, South America and the Caribbean and you know, all over the United States and Canada and Mexico, and you know, they've been a lot, you know, probably you know a dozen countries and you know, actually more than that, probably twenty countries. And they've been to probably no, I don't know, fifteen states, you know, and their whole lives very young, the experienced life, right, it's not about just going to school doing homework, watching cartoons, going to bed and repeat. Now we've got to experienced life. You know, my kids play, one of my kids plays the drums, and others and the boys scouts and they go to you know, church groups, and they do track, and they do soccer and basketball and you know, and hiking and you know, and you know, we do all these great activities, all traveling and new experiences, and we go horseback riding and bigging and aving, and you know, we've got to experience life. You gotta have some fun. I take twelve vacations a year minimum. I've already taken I think probably nine ten vacations this year already, right, and it's only May. So it's it's very important to experience life. It doesn't have to be fancy vacations. It could be a weekend chip up to the cat Skills of the Poconos, right, you know, I don't can't favorite just camping outside your backyard, but do something different, change it up, have some new experiences, meet some new people, go to new places. Very very important, all right, And whenever you're doing, wherever you are, do the twenty rule, right, you know, and I'll I'll try and do it. On the plane. You know I'm going to Orlando in a couple of weeks. You know, I always get the aisle seat, you know, sometimes the stewardess or the flight attendant. Sorry, I'll let them know. Hey, you know I'm gonna be getting up a while because they get a little nervous, right, So you know, I just say, hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom a bunch of times. So I just walk up and down the aisle, go to the bathroom, you know, stretch a little bit. You gotta move. I go to a lot of seminars, always sit on the edge, So get up, walk to the back of the room. Get a couple of water every twenty minutes. You know, I'm going to a concert tomorrow. I got the aisle seat. Gotta make if I can get up, move that body. Can't be sitting the whole time. So I'm just gonna get up, walk up a few steps, walk down a few steps. That's it. You know, you got to be creative, right, And I'm telling you, I go to conscious. I'm on the plane. I know what it is writing a book, all right, So I know how it is to you know, to combat that sedentary lifestyle. But you can do it. It's got to be creative. Put your mind to it. Your mind is more powerful than you can ever imagine, and whatever you think will happen. If you think you're going to be sick, you'll be sick. If you're always thinking about sickness, you get sick. If you think about health, you'll be healthy. You think about energy, vitality. You always think, oh, I'm so tired. Stop saying that. You always say oh all these aches and pains. Stop saying it, I can ever get to sleep. Stop saying it. Whatever you say happens. You say I have no money, you'll have no money. You say, oh, I can never have a good relationship, you'll never have a good relationship. You create what you think. You are what you think. If you think healthy, you'll be healthy. You'll be strong. Think energy, think love, think passion, think good posture, think good memory. Don't think about the bad parts, think about the good parts and ignore all the bad parts. Whatever you focus your energy to will manifest in reality. So your mind is the most powerful thing, and you have control of that, but you gotta believe it yourself. Don't be your harshest critic, be your biggest cheerleader. And I don't care what type of health condition you have. You have to think healthier, recovery, improvement, function right. You don't think I don't want cancer. You think I'm wanna boost my immune system. You don't think I don't want to get a heart attack. You think I don't improve my circulation. You don't want to think I'm gonna get Alzheimer's. You want to say I'm going to improve my memory. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, food, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power if you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At, kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more.
Speaker 1: Information function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power. Now this month is actually improve your posture. Month all, right, now how can we improve our? Posture we can do make sure your ergonomic workstation is. Correct and WHAT i mean by that is you need to, have you, know your monitor for your computer in the proper. Position you have to have your seat in the proper. Position you have to sit at the proper angles to take the least strain off your. Body you want your knees the same height as your, Hips so you don't want a chair you know that's going too low or too. High so the hips in the knees should be the same, level making your leg parallel to the. Floor now your chin should be parallel to the floor, Also so if you have to look, down that's not. Good and if you have to look, up that's not. Good if you have to look, right that's not. Good if you have to look, left that's not. Good so if you're looking straight ahead with your chin parallel to the, floor your eyes should be looking at Two thursday height of the. Monitor that's proper, posture proper ergonomics for your. Workstation, now you don't want the keyboard up too, High so your elbows should be at ninety degrees as. Well all, Right so your shoulders should be totally relaxed and your elbows should be bent at ninety, degrees and your wrists should be totally straight when you're typing or using the. Mouse so you might need to get a lower keyboard and a higher. Monitor you might need a plug, in you might need you, know different levels if you use a. Laptop, obviously if you have a desktop and you have your just monitor up high and your keyboard down, low and your hip and knee at the same, level everything's at ninety, degrees your knees at ninety degrees or elbows at ninety degrees or hips at ninety. Degrees your chin is parallel to the, floor and your eyes are Two thursday height of the. Computer that's the proper ergonomic. Workstation you don't want your wrist bent, up you don't want yours u scrunched. Up you don't want your head looking down or looking, up or looking to the right or looking to the. Left switch your mouth from the right to the left so it's. Equal you, know you don't want things always on one. Side you don't want a lamp only on one, side or you don't want to speaker only on one. Side don't create. Imbalances when you do things only on one. Side you're creating in balances your. Brain if you always, listen you, know on your headphones to one, side that's not. Good if you always sit on the same side of the, subway if you always carry your purse on just one, side if you only play golf and you only swing one, direction everything in your, life we got to think about. That don't just brush your teeth with your right. Hand start using everything on the opposite side that you're used to. Doing make things. Equal don't create imbalances. Yourself think about that and everything that you do. DO i always carry the bag on the right. Shoulder not. Good you know it is my computer monitor always to the. Left i'm always using my left. Mouse not. Good we need things equal from right to. Left everything should be equal from right to. Left right when you go to the. Gym when you're doing bicep, curls they should be. EQUAL i don't care if you're, right you're. Lefty they should be. Equal when you're doing the, extensions they should be. Equal everything should be. Equal right triceeps equals left, triceeps right quad equals left, quad right right shoulder equals left. Shoulder everything needs to be equal for you to function best and feel best posturely and alignment, wise everything needs to be. Equal, Right so muscles need to be. Equal bones need to be, Equal nerves need to be. Equal we don't want one getting better nerve function than the. Other circulation needs to be. Equal, now if you have an imbalance of your, circulation or if you've imbalanced of your nerve function or imbalancing your muscle tone or balancing your bone, alignment you're gonna have pain and the body's letting you know something's wrong and you have to fix. It and you have to do a good evaluation to figure out where the problem. IS i figure out is it a, bone is it a, muscle is it a, nerve is a? Circulation where is it coming? From but we need to make sure everything's. Equal so WHEN i look at a, PATIENT i look at their, pupils make sure their pupils are, equal and stick out their. Tongue make sure their tongue doesn't deviate to one. Side when you check your blood, pressure does the doctor check both? Sides you gotta check both. Sides what if your blood pressure is, unequal that's more dangerous than Anything i'd rather. Have you, know to my right and left both equally high blood, pressure then one left side high blood pressure and right side. Normal all, Right so you gotta check. Both the only way you would know if there's an imbalance from left to right is to check both. Sides and if there's a balance of left to, right that's a big. Problem you want like your right side to, be you, know one forty over ninety and then your left side to be one ten over. Seventy that's not. Good if they're checking that left side and they're always, saying oh, look you got one ten over, seventy it's pretty, good but they never check the high. Side that's a. Problem and because there's imbalances from left to, right big. Problem you have balances in your pupils from left to, right big. Problem if you got a head tilt in your, neck your muscle's not. Equal big. Problem we need everything to be. Balanced you need your left and right brain to be. Balanced you need your right and left body to be, balanced because the more balanced you, are then you're gonna be in. Homeostasis if you're imbalanced that creates this, function might have, arthritis, degeneration, herniation so there could be a lot of consequences when your brain or your body is. Imbalanced did you know that scoliosis is from brain in balance because one side is working harder than the. Other therefore you're gonna a greater muscle tone on one side versus the. Other then the greater muscle tone is gonna pull the bones over and create this curve in your. Spine that's where scoliosis come, from a brain, imbalance creating muscle tone in, balance creating a curve in your. Spine, right so you, know the bones are there to protect, you and then the, muscles those are just a piece of. Meat they just move the bones for. You but the brain gives it all the. Signals and if the brain is equal from right to, left they have differences in muscle tone from right to. Left so we always want things equal from right to. Left when you're at, home make sure you do things equal from right to. Left start using that non dominant side to balance things. Out that's super. Important and then you want to make sure your circulation is equal from right to. Left the easy way to check that is you just squeeze your hands and then open them up like sqeez your hands really tight for ten, seconds and then you open up and you'll see if one side of your hands brings the blood back much. QUICKER a lot of times you'll see one, hand you, know stays white while the other becomes. Red it's, like, oh this one's definitely has worse. Circulation, now if you have numbness or tingling in your hands or, feet sometimes it's hard to, Discern, hey is it coming from a nerve impingement or is it coming from a poor. Circulation so an easy way to, Tell let's say you know you're wake up in the middle of the night and your, hands you know it's, numb it's. Tingling you're, like oh, man what is? It is it because your nerve or is it because your? Circulation so what we do is just shake your. Hand you shake, It you shake it for like twenty thirty seconds after you shake, it and if the numbness or tingling goes away right away after shaking, it then you know it's a circulatory. Problem it means you have no good circulation there. Now if you shake it and the numbness or the tingling is still, there then you know it's a nerve. Problem and you can do this in your. Hand you could do this in your. Feet it's called the shake. Test you just shake, it shake, it shake, it shake. It if the numbness tingling goes, way then you know it's. Circulation then you gotta work on your. Circulation if you, shake, shake, shake, shake the numbness and tingling is still, there and you know it's a nerve. Problem you could have a nerve. Impingement you could have a disc problem and pinging the. Nerve you could have aut thertis decreasing the space of the. Nerve you can have stenosis in the foramen of the. Nerve you can have nerve damage. Itself you can have neuropathy and that's caused by diabetes or alcohol or or. Drugs you can have other type of nerve damage which is from a double, crush which is the nerve itself isn't getting the blood flow and the circulation so you're not getting the. Circulation therefore the nerve is now dying. Off then you can have autoimmune disease that attacks the. Nerves see that a, lot and you got to treat the autoimmune. Disease you can have poor, propialception so the brain's not communicating through those nerves. Properly you, know there's all different reasons that you can get numbness or, tingling or poor circulation or. Nerve but remember the most important thing is to get to the root. Cost once we get to the root, cause then we can figure out how you can function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost brain.
Speaker 2: Power if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future. Diseases that this is the show for. You don't misboost your brain power with Doctor Eric kaplan and you will learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact Doctor, kaplin you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot.
Speaker 1: Com function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power. Now posture is directly related to brain. Function you ever see someone who's, Depressed how is their posture? Horrible their shoulders are rolled, in their heads tilted, down they're all slouched, forward everything's dragging and, slow, right and that's. Depression what's someone who's good, energy high. Passion their chest is, out their shoulders are, back their chin is, up big, smile, right good posture directly related to brain. Function and then what happens with your? Anxiety you, know your head's moving all over the, place, right you can't stay still like a bird going all over the. Place mine's going, worry, stress anxiety of cortisol's going. Up can't, sleep can't hard, palpitations can't, focus got too many things going, on all, disorganized can't figure things, out kind to manage everything. Overwhelming, right we can see this in people's, Posture so we want to have good, posture so we have good brain. Function, right they're directly. Related people Have, parkinson's they have what's called a camp. Decormia everything's too, forward their slouch. Forward, right people have, osteoporosis get these compression fractures in their, spine and then you become all hunched. Forward you don't want to look, like you, know one of those old ladies or men all hunched forward and the. Cane we're gonna have good. Posture and how do you prevent osteoporosis and vertebral fractures is weight resistant. Exercises we need weight resistant. Exercises osteoporosis is a big. Problem people think, that, oh when you, fall that's when they elderly break their. Hip now the elderly are breaking their hip because they can't even support their own bodies because their bones are so, weak because they have a sedentary lifestyle and they have no weight resistant exercise you have to do. Weights start. Immediately it boosts your, Mood it gets your brain, stronger gets your muscle, stronger gets your heart. Stronger if you don't want heart disease and cancer and diabetes And, alzheimer's in poor posture and you don't want to be in, pain you don't want to have, osteoporosis start lifting weights. Immediately it's that, Important. Cay you have to lift. Weights you can't just go for a. Walk and going for a walk is very important every, day but you need weights or weight resistant, exercise or, bands or push ups or pull, ups or you could do chair. POLLS i, mean you could do a million things without any actually. Weights you can use grocery. Bags you can use your book bag and put a few bottles of water in there and do. CURLS i, mean you. Could you could do. Anything but you have to have. Resistance we need weight resistant exercise, right and that makes your brain. Stronger to start, exercising not only going for, walks but doing weight resistant, exercise and not only going for walks and doing weight resistant, exercise but also doing some a rope where your heart starts being really fast and you start. Sweating it's important you gotta be on. Comfortable stop being so. Comfortable in, fact purposely be. Uncomfortable you, know when it's really cold, outside go out in the shorts and t shirts for like thirty. Seconds be. Uncomfortable when it's really hot, outside go off in a hoodie and sweatpants and a hat and. Gloves go out for a few minutes and. Sweat be uncomfortable when you are hungry at, night go to bed on an empty. Stomach be. Uncomfortable right when it's the winter and it's really, cold don't put your heat. On be. Uncomfortable that makes you, Strong it makes you more. Resilient can handle, anything, right we want to be. STRONG i can handle not, EATING i can handle the, cold, right and your shower and. Cold gotta be. Strong be. Uncomfortable say, HEY i can handle the, COLD i can handle not, EATING i can handle the. HEAT i can function unless. Sleep i'm. Resilient Then i'll be able to handle. Stress especially these kids these, days they don't not any stress because their parents do everything for. Them so then when they do get, stressed they get a panic. Attack no. Resilience, right parents don't let them be, cold they don't let them be. Hot they don't let them go. Hungry they don't let them get no. Sleep now the kid is. Weak he use all this anti bacterial, antibiotics antibacterial, soap biotic, medication and then you wonder why you kid gets sick all the. Time she never let them fight the, bacteria never let them fight the. Virus they're. WEAK i let my kids play in the dirt so they get exposed to. Viruses that gets their immune system. Stronger, right we gotta get. Stronger, now don't go crazy where you go, out you, know naked and negative twenty degree weather and then gets. Frostbite i'm not saying, that but you gotta be a little. Uncomfortable just like when working, out you gotta do enough weights where it's a. Struggle and WHEN i do my brain exercises and my offices In New york And New, jersey we get struggle and people aren't good at. Them but that's the point is for them to be. Challenged AND i want to give you easy brain, exercises or your memory is not gonna get. Better so When i'm, true When i'm trying to improve your, Memory i'm gonna make these exercises so hard that you're getting a lot of them. Wrong that means you got to focus and think. Harder, Right so as long as you work for, it so as you challenge, yourself you can get. Stronger that is all different types of memory. Problems. Right you have working, memory short term, memory long term, memory immediate. Memory you got emotional. Memory and there's all these different memories, right and there are different parts of your. Brain they're in your superior temporal, cortex in verior temporal, cortex they're in your frontal they're in your, ceremonum they're in your. Hippocampus you got these memories. Everywhere so we got to figure out where is the. Problem, Right if you have, anxiety where's the? Problem if you have you, know if you have memory, problems where is it coming. From if you have, pain where's it coming. From if you have balance, problems where it's coming. From if you have, headaches where it's coming. From if you have a, tremor where it's coming. From if you have muscle, spasm where it's coming. From you have stomach, pain where's it coming? From you got to get to the root. Cause. Now the best test to get to the root cause is called A qEEG brain mapping and this measures your alpha waves bay theta, delta and based on the location of where the abnormal brain waves, are it tells Us, okay if you have, depression, anxiety sleep, deprivation you have a thyroid, problem you have intestinal. Inflammation do you have brain, inflammation you have low, dopamine lowescido? Colin do you have low? Energy do you have difficulties shifting? Tests you have confusion brain FuG do you have low? Motivation do you have time management, problems balance, problems hearing, problems, dizzyness you got? Headaches it breaks down. Everything there's no, radiation there's no small, tube there's no contrast. Fluid it's super quick that it takes about twenty to thirty. Minutes it's normally six hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to call text or, email you can get this test literally for only twenty one. Dollars all you have to do is call text or email six four six two two one six seven three, eight or you can email info At kaplanbrain andbody dot. Com, now the next best test is called A vnng video, nostography and this test is great because it measures the difference between your left and right brain and it's pretty easy to. Do you wear these goggles and they have infrared cameras and then you just follow this red light and it goes right and left and up and. Down it goes fast and. Slow it's with head, movements and it's in dark and live. Right so we do all these different, tests and based on the, test we can, say, okay which areas of the brain are overactive and that's creating, anxiety, insomnia troubles with, FOCUS, adhd it's creating heart pal pit, patients, worry, anger, aggression and all this other stuff that can then occur from an overactive. Brain but it also pick up which is, underactive and that could be you, know, fatigue low, motivation, depression low, energy you, know poor, organization poor, focus you, know can't get anything, done poor top, management always. Late you, know these are underactive areas of the. Brain and THE vg picks this. UP i love, it you, know especially when patients have bipolars getsophrenia like picks up these big drastic changes from the left brain and the right. Brain but the thing, is without that, test we don't no which area is weak and which area is. Overactive so we got to see is it the right brain that's week or is it the left brain that's? Week is it the right brain that's? Overactive is it the left brain that's? Overactive so that's THE. Vng it's normally six hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to, call text or email you can get that for only twenty one dollars six, four, six, two, two one sixty seven three eight or email info at kaplombrainobody dot. Com and our third gift is one on one with me WHERE i can go over THE. Vng i'll go over THE qEEG and if you have any blood, work MRIs cat, skins, ultrasounds we'll take a look at it. All Plus i'll do my own. Tests i'll check out your, heart your, lungs your, oxygen your, memory your, posture your, alignment your, balance your. Gait so we'll do a whole physical and neurological. Evaluation it takes about forty five. Minutes it's normally six hundred, dollars but for the first twenty, one first seven people to, call text or email you can get it for only twenty one. Dollars and that's a one on one with. Me and if you want all three you can say, HEY i want all Three just Say i'm from the radio SHOW i want all three. Tests the number is six four six two two, one six seven three, eight or you can email info At kaplanbrainobody dot. Com if you enjoyed the, show you can go to our website kaplindc dot. Com you can get my Book boost Your Brain, power A guide to improving your memory and focus On. Amazon you can go to social media follow us On Facebook Caplin brain And. Body we have YouTube channel with over one hundred Videos Caplin brain And. Body we Have instagram At Kaplan, brainbody and we have TikTok At Doctor Eric. Kaplan if you want to hear the old, shows just go to the radio archives and just put in boost to Brain power Doctor Eric, kaplan and you can listen to all our old shows so you can function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost a Brain. Power see you next.
Speaker 2: Week don't Miss boost your Brain power With Doctor Eric kaplan Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin metabolism and. Strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his, audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you. Deserve called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email Info, At kaplan brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor kaplan or visit kaplandc dot com for. More information the preceeding was a. Paid program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceeding was a. Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the.
Speaker 1: Ideas expressed