Speaker 1: Back to the Sewn Salisbury Show on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Sports your astroids, your rockets, your voice? All right, Sean, what are you hearing out there now? The Salisbury's takeout?
Speaker 1: Salsbury takeout on.
Speaker 2: The Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 1: Sports Sock seven ninety. It is the Shawn Salisbury Show. Yeah, we're talking about it. You of h loses last night sixty five sixty three in the National title game, the Florida Astros two uh huh four to three loss in Seattle to Warnerstock too.
Speaker 2: It was not fun today.
Speaker 3: You're already frustrated by what's happened with the Kutha Koogs, and you're like sit and watching that. It's like, come on now, boom boom, oh come on, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Taylor Scott walks the first two guys, you get him over to second and third with one out?
Speaker 3: How'd they get the second third to validates? How'd they get the second third man runners on first and second? I am saying it because we while the respect factor of I don't like to do it either, but I do think there's a time and a place where you should do it. Now, who's the short stop with the bat? Who had the bat in his hand with the runners on first, second, Crawford good hitter, yeah, good, good player and a really good fielder, as we found out, a good fielder. Well what did he do? I'm just curious what did he do? And where'd he laid the butt down? I'm not saying it third base butt? They get the second, third, and then what happened when a brave came in? Hey, he struck out Julio rodary Ges and then what happened? Then he hung a slider and then what happened? And then two runs.
Speaker 2: Scored from where were they again? Second and third? Interesting? What was the final score? Qoor to three?
Speaker 3: So small ball once in a while, instead of he hitting two eighteen and trying to drive the ball over the fence, they actually came up with the car and he missed. He had a strike on it and laid down it perfect. Then, how it turns out is that was the difference in the game. So it's not always about hitting the ball over the fence. And we had to call at say every now and again for anybody who discounts that small ball or bunting at any time is a waste of a bat.
Speaker 2: Now, that's why they won the game. But smart down.
Speaker 3: The third baseline, third basement fields it, move the runners over, get a strikeout on your biggest star boom next day hangar slider, Bam, guy pumps it into the outfield for a base that you score two otherwise one scores, and who knows how long you're playing or if you're playing extra. So point being is, as we digress, how ironic is it that we talked about asay, playing a little.
Speaker 2: Small ball once a while is okay.
Speaker 3: It's okay to move a runner over or to first and second to get the second third scoring position with no outs.
Speaker 2: It's okay to do that once in a while.
Speaker 3: Nobody said to live by it, and nobody said to make that your mo as a team, because we don't do that in basement anymore. But it is okay to be good at it when you need it. And I'll be damn cost him a game last night. Cost him a game last night by small ball and putting the ball in play on a great bunt, made the right guy field it and then paid off with a base hit to drive into and win the game.
Speaker 1: Astros, I know you did it on Sunday, but you really had a chance to at least say at least they won last night.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you another thing. Yeah, that's exactly right. When's the last time in your life, And that's a little hyperbolic that you walked two runners or you walk a leadoff runner and it ends well for your inning?
Speaker 1: Well, and very often I was gonna say I hadn't pitched it over twenty years, so yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 3: Right, or a team that you liked. It doesn't end well when you put when you give free passes to players, No.
Speaker 2: It doesn't all right.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of things that now that I've bummed your high even more, yeah, yeah, real quick, you want to talk a music festival or bringing back an extinct animal. If you're talking about the music, let's bring it back an animal. Probably because that music festival, Brian Lilim and I discussed that the guy stealing money, goes to jail, comes back and is trying to steal money again by order and stuff that's not there that you don't get the ROI for.
Speaker 2: What pretty much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And the fact that anybody would actually buy a ticket from shows you how stupid America is at times.
Speaker 1: Imply carupid people can be imply do Carmen told them, yeah, you're not holding it. We're not You're not going to make us the Bohemian Island, all right, and that's that's not happening here.
Speaker 3: Right And you already call you already spent what twenty some thirty million dollars of other people's money, you ripped them off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not again. You don't get a second chance to do that.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Good guys, don't go to prison for fraud that way.
Speaker 1: Romulus and Remus are the world's first de extinct animals. Scientists recreated the formerly extinct dire wolf that had been extinct for over ten thousand years.
Speaker 2: Saw that. So you're saying it was on dire Straits.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not not. What's it Sultans of Swing or what's what's say.
Speaker 3: A song wettefield? No, put me in coach. No, that's not them, that's the outfield. I think, so far away, so far away away from Yeah, you talk about dire Straits. Yeah, they've got some good under rated out underrated uh group. So basically you're saying that those extinct animals were in dire Straits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: I mean, we saw the movie Jurassic Park, yeah, yeah, and how did that go?
Speaker 2: It did well, It was pretty cool. I liked it, but it did a lot of guys. For Samuel L. Jackson.
Speaker 3: Wasn't good for Sad not not for the guy in the outhouse. Yeah, Sam Sam Brandon, but Sam Sam Sam was in like forty minutes for that, poor lamb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: So they did what they they made one.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they recreated its complete wolf genome, meticulously reconstructed by this company, Colossal.
Speaker 2: I guess. So when do we get to meet it?
Speaker 1: I mean they have been they were born in October of last year, which I had no idea, or I guess in this case cloned.
Speaker 3: They're going to keep it. Be careful because they'll start to want to do that to humans too.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean that's the thing.
Speaker 1: The animalistic instincts are going to take over, and then they'll convince the other animals and say, hey, you know what, these people screw them, man, we run this place, not them. That's how this starts. Sean does not play it undo the apes starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, they created it. Well, they could have made it simple. They wouldn't have created it was a wolf it's a wolf, right, why do they just call it chuck? I guess chaswell, Norris, he goes a lone wolf. He is is just think about the wilderness.
Speaker 1: We can bring those back to day. You want to ring that bell. I'm absolutely willing to bring those back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring Chasmo. Let Chasmo. He's alone, he goes lone wolf. Well let him. Let him, uh, you know, prowl around the wilderness and just keep things for its, keep keep it, keep the jungle straight.
Speaker 2: Ye, Chasmo did.
Speaker 1: Joe Piscopo f a f o and sidekicks. Yeah, he messed around, he found out.
Speaker 3: You don't want to You don't not want to mess around and f around and find out. But Chasmo goes lone wolf. So why wouldn't we just create a couple more exp Do you want to con yourself? Do you want to clone yourself?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, I got enough problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure that that part of society, the talk we have in science is something that I really I'm one think about.
Speaker 2: I'm one generation. Once I'm gone, there ain't no replicating me.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have some people want kids, oh of course, yeah, but they're not gonna fully be like me.
Speaker 2: They'll be a little bit like her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so let's hope. So there would probably probably probably better more than me.
Speaker 2: You know. That's we create wolves, and we steal people's money at parties. That's the thing. That's pretty much a fifteen steakhout. That's it.
Speaker 3: And two teams lose that we didn't want to lose, boy, and two former players are both the National League and America League Player of the Week.
Speaker 2: Do you need any more suck in your days?
Speaker 3: Say, if somebody just walk into the studio, give me an enema, and and and cut my nizutskis and make me cough, I mean anything else we need. You want an edema, you need a prostate check? No, no good on all those.
Speaker 2: I mean you might they.
Speaker 3: Took everything everything else happened yesterday, might as well just finish it up today. I mean, think about that. You had completely hammered yesterday.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean drunk, although it probably would have made it a little bit better, the hangover would have been at least understandable.
Speaker 2: Like what happened, what happened here, so we.
Speaker 3: Would feel man I got sickened for coaching for his team for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, see a lot of you want to get in on the Koug's conversation also too, Sean up there it is. You got the bunters. They're out there, they're they're at the gates. They they've got the pitchforks, they've got the flames. That's on you and die. But I am not a guy who encourages regular bunting. I am a guy who thinks about beings that just because social media or analytics they don't bunt, doesn't mean don't bunt anytime. Don't but all the time, just because the guys on second, I mean you got to bun.
Speaker 2: Him to third.
Speaker 3: But in certain situations, anybody that says you should never bunt is absolutely incorrect. It saved a game for the Seattle Marriagers last night, It just did.
Speaker 1: And then you got Jorge Polonco who said, yeah, I'm gonna win the game, and that's what he did.
Speaker 3: Joe Joe Po Joe Blanco, Joe Planco. There you go, Joe Po's.
Speaker 1: That's probably that's probably what Joe Spotta would call him, for sure. All right, But see a lot of you wanting to get in on those conversations. We'll do that also to proper context for what happened last night in the overall big picture, we'll discuss all that right here.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury Show