Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The Game's Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought to you by Kaufman and Lynd. Injury Attorney's Jeffkaufman will join us next hour for lawn disorder. If you get a legal question you want to run by Jeff, you can text those over at two two five two six. Bulldog, MYO mind? Do we have a much ground to cover this morning? Where would you like to begin? Well, let's start with the big news.
Speaker 2: Cusmalson just up and resigns at UCF to take the offensive coordinator job at Florida State. This was his choice. He left twelve million dollars a buyout money on the table. Of course, you see, F lost on Friday, finished four and eight. There was rumors about Gus's What was Gus gonna do? He said after the game, Hey, I want to fix this program. And then you know, the next morning it's announced that he is he's leaving to take the offense coordinator job at Florida State. As I wrote in my column, this is a huge, huge Christmas gift for UCF because you know, they get they get rid of Gus, who was becoming increasingly unpopular with the fans, and they don't have to pay the buyout and now they can go hire a new coach, which should be done quickly. Talked to some people yesterday that this could be done by the end of the week. Who's it gonna be. What do you guys think? The big the big you know debate. Should they try to bring back Scott frost to UCF A lums? What do you think? Everybody I talked to said, bring back Frosty.
Speaker 3: Whoever they decide on bringing in better be ready to go through the whole rebuild process because that's what they're going to be faced with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's why Gus left. Yeah, I don't think Gus had the appetite to do it. He doesn't like this new world of college football with the portal and you know, nil and he would have to rebuild the entire program. I don't think he had it any He just wanted to go call ball all plays up in uh Tallahassee.
Speaker 3: So that's another u c F coach that was in it for the long haul is gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gus set Gus said he wasn't going to leave u c F as they wasn't gonna use UCF as a stepping stone to a bigger job, and he didn't. He used it as a landing spot for a smaller job. Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna fix the programatic that there, that Gus is leaving and they don't have to pay the buyout. Other college football over the weekend. Other college football over the weekend. Did you guys watch that Georgia epic overtime game? Wow? Yeah, Yes, Georgia wins that game against Georgia Tech Miami. My god, Lynch, the Hurricanes are never gonna win the a c C. They lose two of their last three games to Georgia Tech and then Syracuse over the weekend. They are not in the ACC championship game. I doubt they're gonna even make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Two things, uh I said, two things. They deserved to lose that game. They absolutely deserved to lose that game. Second, even if they had pulled it out, they would have got run over by SMU next weekend. I have no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah is good. Yeah, Gators beat Florida State. No big surprise there. They had the scuffle after the game when the Gator players tried to plant the flag at midfield out up at Dope Campbell Stadium, so the you know, the players had to be separated. It wasn't as bad as the flag planning incident during the Ohio State Michigan game where the cops had to use pepper spray to separate the two teams. But what is going on, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what. Those those are some real geniuses on the Gators team who, after knowing full well what happened in uh In, Ohio earlier in the day, go and pull that nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Billy Napier did apologize for his players doing that, which is more than the Ohio State Michigan coaches did. Well. They truly truly.
Speaker 3: Hate each other there, man on every level, and you saw it boil over.
Speaker 2: Kids are out of control.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's not just it's it's everybody, from the fans to the coaches to the players.
Speaker 2: It's just them. Yeah, it's unbelievable. U NFL over the weekend. The Bucks. The Bucks somehow ended up beating the Panthers yesterday. They get a last second field goal in ration and then they win the game in overtime. The Panthers should have won that game. They score late in regulation, the Bucks came come down kick a field goal. The Panthers look like they're gonna go in for the game winning score in overtime. Then Chewba Hubbard fumbles the ball Bucks recovery.
Speaker 3: We had it ripped away from him. Man, it's a great defensive play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great defensive play. Yeah. By the way, do you guys see Bryce Young on that fumble? Bryce Young, the quarterback of the Panthers, you know, Yeah, the balls rolling on the ground and pulling on it, and Pryce Young's just standing above the guy watching instead of trying to jump on the ball. Du I wouldn't get involved either. It's kind of like fight or flight, you know it, Dude, I'd be out.
Speaker 1: It's like all these when you see this stuff going on with all these players scuffling in the middle of the field, you know, at the Ohio State game and then at the Gators game. You look at the refs standing there with these behemoth guys and trying to act like they're gonna separate them. You're not separating NFL guys or college guys. Let the players separate themselves. Maybe the refs should have pepper spray too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might help. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they needed some pepper spray for that Texans linebacker who just leveled Trevor Lawrence. Knock Trevor Lawrence out of the game. Trevor Lawrence has a concussion. Aziz al Shah here, all right, he's the linebacker. It was a dirty play. I don't know if you got some Jaguars in the so dirty. Yeah. The Jaguars ended up losing that game twenty three to twenty. No shot there. The Dolphins on Thursday night showed that yes, once again, they can't play good teams in the cold weather. They got pretty much routed by the Packers on Thursday night. Other NFL games of note, Did you guys see Josh Allen last night? My god, what a beast he is. He throws a touchdown, pass, runs for a touchdown, and yes, has a receiving touchdown as well. On a ladgerl from Amari Cooper. For the touchdown, he dives into the end zone in the snow. It was unbelievable to watch that guy. The Bills clinched the AFC East for the fifth straight season. By the way Orlando City can't quite get it done. They lose one nil on Saturday Night. They could have had a chance to go to the MLS Cup Final, but they lose Saturday night one nil. So that was a shame. I sort of wanted to see them win and maybe bring another soccer title to Orlando. You got your parade last week. I know I was there. The dog was there for the prey. Yeah, didn't last quite as long as I wanted it to. That was pretty short parade. It was a parade, nonetheless, So did I miss anything?
Speaker 3: Do we want to run by the F one desk? We had F one Qatar. However, we get the lights lights out in the F one desk tac Obama.
Speaker 1: We have another win by one Max first trapping her Stapping strapping on the wind, No, no bit ver Stapping strapped him on and Qatar.
Speaker 3: Want one more race to go next He's already won the Drivers' Championships.
Speaker 2: I did miss something, by the way, the Magic last night when there's sixth, sixth straight game, one hundred to ninety two against the Brooklyn Nets. Of course the Fronds Hey led the with twenty points. So the Magic are red hot right now, looking good Bulldog.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have fun over on your show this morning, and I don't blame many of you if you want to bounce over there and listen to some more overreactions on this Overreaction Football Monday, you'll find the Dog hosting open mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety game. Thank you for taking the time out of your show to join us here for the sports page. Each morning on JR, I brought you by Kaufman and Land.
Speaker 2: That's raight. You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coff, and it's every Saturday morning on our station FM ninety six at nine in the game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform ooh Oo, Lisenago on demand to download the iHeartRadio app from the book