Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America. Welcome to Thursday. Afternuning, the tri State snow is falling. By the weekend, things should calm down, is there prices everywhere? Three thousand personnel are on the streets clearing the roads in the bridges, except for four seventy one, which is a completely different issue, and we may get into that with Chris Finny a little bit, because according to knowledgeable sources, that was put there by shall we say, well intended recreational officials in the City of Cincinnati more or less approved quietly by O DOT. And now they have to update their list of things not to put on their I four seventy one any other interstate. We got to update the list of their partner. But until then, Chris Finnie a great attorney locally. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Chris, first of all, before we talk about Bucks County in Stansbury Park, we've been pursuing for a while this four to seventy one situation, which is a catastrophe by any fair measurement. Fortunately, I don't think you live in northern Kentucky, but if you do, to try to go back and forth across the river. It's almost impossible, do you see. And when recreation officials put it there, they contacted ODOT in Lebanon to say, what do you think about this? And the ODAT official went over the list of things not to put under a bridge, and a large placeset was not included, and so they say, well, the placet would be a good idea. It's plastic, recycled plastic. It's on three inches of rubber, which is about one hundred feet by two hundred feet, so if kids fall down, they don't hurt a knee. And at this point they're going hummahammahammahamma. Is there any do you perceive of any liability of anyone like a tony bender that spends two hours every day trying to get back and forth across the river as more or less a planet's lawyer and a great planiniffs attorney. Can you think of some liability that the city of the state might have for those millions of men and woman hours that are being wasted sitting in traffic all day?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we've definitely had some mouthfeasance on somebody's part to allow this to happen. But as you're aware, Willy. There's a print called sovereign immunity that protects governmententities and performing their governmental functions. It's very difficult to maintain a cause of action. So I think this is one that the taxpayers, which is probably the beds and the state Department of Transportation, are going to have to eat. But it's a mass, I mean, what's it a I haven't heard the estimates, but I'm guessing just without the economic impact, the physical repairs of that bridge would be half a billion dollars or something to get it repaired.
Speaker 1: Well. The other part of this is they haven't started the repair process yet. They're still they're still analyzing what to do. And these beams that are ninety feet long four feet wide that are like housing the structure have to be configured and created and manufactured probably in China. And uh, we're talking. They're not talking weeks anymore. They're talking months. We're talking.
Speaker 2: You know. I have my new office downtown Willie, and the primary means of transportation. I live in Anderson up by the old Tony exit what used to be Old Coney and that's a primary way for me to get home and back. And you can't get there that way anymore going home. And then I have a young attorney who lives in Newport, and it's comical as to how difficult it is to get from downtown Cincinnati or north on seventy one to Campbell County. It is an absolute disaster of tremendous you know. So then you have the economic impact of all this from one you know, arrant decision of what to put under the bridge and one homeless guy set in the fire. It's unbelievable how much damage was caused by that one set of decisions.
Speaker 1: I guess Chris Finnis shows how fragile things are. On a second matter, I'm watching yesterday, there's a Bucks County, which is a suburban county outside of Philadelphia, and I guess in Pennsylvania, I'm liked in the state of Ohio, they elect by county election officials, and so we can only imagine the left wing politics available in Pittsburgh, Alleghany and also Philadelphia County. But Bucks County is similar to like a Warren County, which is thoroughly democratic. And there was an order from the Pennsylvania Supreme Court that you can't count mail in ballots or absentee ballots that are not signed and or dated. So a ballot will come in and it's not signed and or dated. And this election official actually set on camera knowing she was being taped in an official meeting. We're not going to pay attention to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court because we all know, and she referenced the abortion matter of Dodd and dealing with well, sometimes courts changed the law and abortion, et cetera. Absentee ballots, even though they're not signed and dated, we're going to count them anyway because it's the right thing to do. And so now last night you may not have seen it on YouTube, but I did, and there were hundreds or thousands of citizens showed up and said, what in the hell are you doing? The law said you can't do it, but she wants to do it anyway because she says they're democratic palace to overturn the US Senate seat. What's your reaction to that one.
Speaker 2: Well, Willie, I'm going to go far afield and my answer to this, but if you think about the immigration problem, for example, the problem in many cases we have isn't the laws we have on the books. It's that nobody follows the laws the elected officials aren't enforcing the laws. The people who are subject to the laws are ignoring the laws. And it shows what happens in a society where we lose respect for the courts and the rule of law. So a foundational issue for the sort of the steady unraveling of our society is when we take the approach which we have with the immigration issue that yeah, the laws on the books, but everybody, the people who are supposed to enforce it, and the immigrants and everyone else, we just ignore what the law says. And that cannot be the foundation of our society or everything unravels. And an elected official that a high up, you know, important, this is an important thing to control of the United States Senate, yes, saying I'm going to ignore what the courts have told me to do and do what I think is the right thing to do. I don't, you know, I don't know how society continues to exist. And she was rightly, you know, Josh Shapiro, the Democrat governor, and other Democrats themselves condemned her for that approach because it really reinforces what the people On January seventh and Donald Trump we was saying, is that the last election was stolen. Why would you give people that argument and reinforce that that there it's a lawless process to account the votes, that this is one of the most important functions in our society.
Speaker 1: But she said that this is a very important function. This is corridor our so called democracy. And if people intend to vote and don't do it properly, that's okay. You do a lot of real estate work. What if you don't sign a deed? What if you don't date a d does that mean okay? The recorder might say, you know what, even though Chris Finny he didn't sign it and he didn't put a date on it, but I kind of want to interpret his intent. So I'm going to let the property transfer anyway. How does that end?
Speaker 2: We all have laws that we have to comply with, and if the approach begins to be, you know, the powerful get to decide which laws apply and which don't. It's a pretty dangerous precedent. And there's a question which I saw raised, which is should that election official be charged criminally for what she did because the votes are already counted, right, I mean, the ones that were counted illegally are counted. You can't uncount them. So as far as I'm concerned, she should be prosecuted just the same way as the other folks that tampered with an election should be prosecuted. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It happened in Minnesota also, where an official was actually charged because he was voting four large numbers of people in Minneapolis in the precinct and he was the election official, and there was a bunch of ballots left over at the end of the and he just added fifty more to the roles and just put him in. And now, once you com mingle the ballots, how do you uncom mingle them? And that gives flight to the idea that the elections are not square. And you know, I read everything that I can. And for the last several cycles, the winning or losing democrat had between sixty three and sixty eight million votes that were counted and cast. And that person's behalf, whether it was Obama or whether it was Hillary Clinton, or I leave Joe Biden off to the side, or Kamala Harris, they get between sixty three and sixty nine million votes. All of a sudden, twenty twenty, there was eighty one million people. There was like an initial twelve to thirteen million people voted, and where those votes come from? That's Trump's argument, We don't know where they came from. And then it went back to sea level and this election back to about sixty seven sixty eight million votes for Kamala Harris. So the conspiratory theorists like Tony Benders says, wait a minute, what happened to those seven or eight million votes? Where are they? And the answer is maybe there were thousands of election officials like in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The simply said, you know what, we know who should win this election. Let's add a few to the polls co mingle them, in which case we can't identify legal from illegal. And that gives the conspiratorialists a hook to hang their hat on.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I unfortunately I do because I wish, I wish those people didn't have a good point. But when we have people that think that the rules are flexible, as it were, to tilt the election, it's kind of frightening, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: Now. Thirdly, what the guy that's what the guy in Venezuela did you know he's been voted out twice, but he fixes the vote each time, and nobody can do it because he controls the military down there, and there's nothing anybody can do about it.
Speaker 1: His name is Maduro, and he decides, and they did all this exit polling that came out and he lost like eighty to twenty. But by the time the military shut down the polling places and everyone counted up the votes, he won eighty to twenty. How's that possible? Maybe Bucks cant he was in charge, and maybe that's the tip of the Iceberger. I can only imagine we have a pretty good Board of Elections director. Or her name is Sherry poland had her on several times. I can only imagine if she had a news conference, not some aside to a friend and a bar, maybe at Zip's getting a cheeseburger, but she's had an official meeting in which she's announced, Look, I'm going to add to the voting roles hundreds or thousands of votes that were not properly cast. And it's like, why isn't she criminally charged. I'm talking about Bucks County. That's a civil rights violation. And she did it. She did it publicly, she admitted to it. And it's like, well, no big deal. And Josh Shapiro, to his credit, took several days to come out with a statement about five days ago in which he said, you know what, follow the law. Then the Pennsylvania Supreme Court issued another order. Follow the law. Then finally she said, okay, reluctantly, I'll do it. It's like, are you kidding me? We can't have a participatory democracy with election officials with their thumb and knees on the scale. Now, lastly, let's talk about Stanbury Park in Anderson Township, and this was in our news about four or five days ago, which is a beautiful park. Describe what Apte Pureval did there and how relevant is to the people of Cincinnati and Hamleton County.
Speaker 2: Well, if you could think of a stable, middle class neighborhood of working class people in Cincinnati, Mount Washington would be a hard working, honest, and multi racial, multicultural community. There's a woman that runs a barbecue station there in downtown Mount Washington who's a bit of a pioneer hanging on and Stanbury Park is the sort of the recreational hub of Mount Washington and they've had homeless people living there for a very long time, and the city, I guess just yesterday finally did some more about it. But there seems to be this Portland, Oregon idea that we're not gonna bother the homeless people, which who are usually doing drugs, mentally ill. In other words, you wouldn't want to send your twelve year old child to Stanbury Park to play in the afternoon by himself or with his friends. It's not a safe place to be. And if your neighborhood park in a solid working class, middle class neighborhood can't be a safe place for children to go, or for adults for that matter, we are undermining the same thing I just said, undermining the rule of law, the sense of stability in our society. And my question and that that barbecue operator who's one of the pioneers in the downtown urban business district of Mount Washington, if she's saying I might move because I found people sleeping on my picnic tables, and you know Heroin Needles, which is close to Stanbury Park. If we're driving, who thinks that's good policy? Is? Is Amika Owens, does aftab purable, does Jan Michelle Arnie think that these are good policies? To not not you know, we're not whether they say eat the rich, we're not bothering the people in Indian Hill and Hyde Park. This is a stable, important neighborhood of this city where affordable housing is the most affordable housing we have in the city exists. And the city will not clean up that park. That's a problem, major problem.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was cleaned up at one point. Then you sent me these five picks of what's happening, and correct me if I'm wrong. Is it a crime to use needles, take drugs, expose oneself, no bathroom facilities to live and a park. Isn't that a crime?
Speaker 2: It is? It is called vagrancy along with the drug dealing and the drug using and other things. There's many crimes that they're committing by living in the parks. And we again, we just simply need to enforce the laws consistently that we have instead of encouraging this bad behavior. And our leaders of the city, and I got to tell you, I admire you know, the economic development engine of the city is amazing. A lot of good things are happening in this city. But I watched this stuff, and I say, who thinks this is good policy? Because all we're doing is undermining the people who are, you know, struggling to hang on in I grew up in Kennedy Heights. I grew up in a neighborhood. Seven kids in our family, right, and you know, we had to make our way through that neighborhood with the schools and the parks and whatever. And our parents weren't around a whit. You know, they would lock the doors and send us outside until after dark. Right, will you remember the day? Yes? Yes, I was in it, yes, yes, And you can't do that today because there's the fabric of our society is in front of our eyes, unrailing. I would just ask the question of the chief of police, of the mayor, of city council members, why do you think this is good policy to let these these things continue. Please enforce the laws that we've had on the books and enforced when I was a kid, and otherwise these things weren't a problem. Why all of a sudden have we decided to not just enforce the laws as written and make our communities safe places. I watched what, by the way, Gavin Newsom is finally in California cracking down on this stuff. But I have to have purable when the city is not.
Speaker 1: Why would that be Well, it's because I guess it's politically incorrect. It should be politically correct to say we can have illegal activity and crimes committed. Arrest them, clean up the park, a station, a police officer there. Someone shows up again, sleeps all night, uses drugs, urinat or defecated, fornicated in public. You're under arrest, into the Justice center. And then we ought to have a functioning longview statemental hospital. It's not a homeless problem. That's a misnumber. It's drug use and it's out alcohol and it's insanity, and those people need help. You don't get help this afternoon, when the snow's falling, it's thirty two degrees by sleeping outside in some doorway of a barbecue plate that it can't do business. And I've seen it, especially around Court Street and downtown Cincinnati, where my good friend Sean Donovan lives, that people live outside, they own the steps of Saint Francis Seraph School and church. The city does nothing. They watch drug dealing, drug use and urinating in public, and no one does anything. It sends the message guess what it's okay and it's not okay, and the city council should worry about that stuff instead of the silliness they do. But the Chris Finny once again, we'll see about Stanbury Park and I'm going to try to my best this weekend to go frequent that barbecue place I know where it is to give that woman some business, because you can't conduct a business in which those sleeping around you are using drugs and acting out paranoid schizophrenia. But Chris Finny, once again, thanks for coming on, Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Chris, you're really a very important person in this community doing these kinds of things, and thanks for talking about it publicly.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Thank you for shining the light of truth on it. Willie appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Chris Finney, God bless America. Let's continue with more. And it's not homelessness, it's insanity and drug use. City council and the mayor puts up with it. I guess for political purposes, and I don't get it. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WULW