Speaker 1: Hello, this is the Harboring Light. I'm Mary. I give a conservative perspective about the world around me. Feedback is immensely important. Feel free to reach out to me. Two ways to do this is, of course, through email. And then again, YouTube. All right. So, word of mouth really helps. So, keep that up. And, you know, if y'all spread the word. I appreciate all the listeners out there. Thank you so much. And, you know, somebody that would be interested in my content, let them know about the Harboring Light. Okay, so since it's Friday, focusing on current events. So I'm going to get right into it. Here we go. Okay, so I am going to focus on Lindsay Clancy. All right. I think it is upsetting that we live in a time in which Murder is justified, or smurder, as they, you know, which I will express again. That's why it's important to have, you know, when you create content, to put it, have it on different platforms. It just does not make any sense when there is content that is specifically for adults to commentary, and you can't just speak like an adult, you know. Okay, here, what, yeah, you don't, what, what is that? And so that leads into a lot of stuff. With things like social media, platforms like that, where it's encouraged to be delusional and it's encouraged to be in your own mind all the time and not actually... Have empathy. Just to be some vapid... You know... A vapid person is not really a person. It's just some kind of. Thing that's there. And... You know. Sean had... She went... She... It was really interesting. Because I... You know... I really... appreciate you know people who have nuanced even though they uh they might have favor more um from different political perspectives where it'd be democratic perspective uh you know libertarian was what so have you that it's really encouraging and it's important to promote help and protect people who have that idea that of in order to live civilly and your country wherever you right live or wherever you are you have to understand that it's important to see things from all different types of perspective and to have respect for that for one right now lindsey clancy there's no reason in the world that she had should have any sympathy you know there was no sympathy when she was taking the lives of these sweet babies or sweet innocent babies there was no there was no there was no empathy for that there was no empathy and there it just it's it boggles the mind there's no empathy for the father either and they try to pinpoint on you know all these bat bat uh banshee women out here saying oh you know justice for lindsey clancy this this this what about justice for those children justice for the father and mind you What she did did not happen recently. This happened, you know, from what I understand, all the way back in 2023. And, you know, people are, you know. This man is trying to pick up the pieces. You know, he is trying to find... and hold on to some solace for himself and for the rest of the people in his family. And so it's understood that these precious lives were not in vain. And see, that's what is going to be very prevalent in what... Hold on. Now, let me double check this here. Because I don't, just a minute, just a minute. Let me look, let me look, let me look.
Speaker 2: Okay. Hold on, let me do this.
Speaker 1: Just a second here. Alright, just a second here. So now they're saying... Now. Take this with a grain of salt. Now, see, it's still deadlocked, mistrial. I don't know what's going on. Because it's ridiculous. I mean... Now. From what I understand, it's more women that are on the trial, the Clancy trial versus men. And so they're trying to push this whole narrative of postpartum depression, right?
Speaker 3: Which.
Speaker 1: I don't really see that as... I have feasible defense. Like, you know, well, it goes, I don't know. I absolutely agree with what Sean had, what she was saying. It's like this chicken and egg thing here. It just goes together. Like, you know, a normal person isn't going to kill, right? You've got to be insane. So, I don't know. It's just you cannot have... You can't have sympathy when it comes to this. And this is what needs to be understood. And so, there's that. And it's unfortunate that TikTok in itself promotes irrational behavior to where you know if somebody says oh um which it used to be laughed about uh mocks where for instance where with uh um this whole thing um you know having a message board or you know wishing uh things into fulfillment all i have to do is just wish and dream and it it will be true and Now, you know, it's being promoted now more so in mainstream that merit doesn't really count that much. You know, your self-reflection, all of that, that doesn't mean anything, you know. What do you wish into fulfillment, right? And then there you go. And this whole thing, this is something that should be seen as to ostracize somebody and to be seen as a stigma. It shouldn't be promoted now that it's just this grueling thing of parenthood or to be a mother is just a thankless job or whatever. It's actually an honor and it should be revered and respected. And I think if, you know, this notion would be put back into culture now, where it would be so many different... Just the whole sanctity of marriage and parenthood would not be something that would be seen as some kind of freak show, which it shouldn't be. Because if you do not... which a lot of people do not understand this, that if you do not protect the aspects of the nuclear family and the extended family and how important that is to culture, you don't have a strong foundation to pass down to other generations and everything just crumbles and whatever can just come in and deconstruct and it's just a free-for-all. I mean, there's nothing there to pass down. and our hearts of hearts you don't really want to live in society like that because if you do you know people will give in to you know hey, you know, the worst indulgences that would be promoting them. People that do, that have to, that don't believe in all these things or have to, it's just flee and be living in exile and all this kind of insanity. And, you know, what kind of life is that? It's not a life. And then you get into the aspect of, you know, living into a dystopian reality is really something that could happen. And, you know, when you think dystopian, there's something where you think about, you know, this whole thing where zombies are going about and all this kind of, you know, macabre sort of thing. But in actuality, dystopian would be more where we annihilate and destroy, you know, The cultural war. And, you know, that's what's really at stake here. The cultural war and protecting that, right? When it comes to Lindsay Clancy. And, I don't know. We have to take this into deep consideration about this. Now, I remember when the Andrea Yates trial went on. I was about 12 or 13 at the time when that was happening. and I was, she was actually suffering from postpartum depression, but the difference is that she said that she does deserve to be punished, versus, oh, well, you know, this woman saying, well, you know, I'm suffering for this, when she had so many, her husband supported her, her extended family supported her, you know, she lied, and she said all these things, and these are the things that need to be pinpointed and looked at now they asked and they said well from what I understand they asked her specific questions to understand her state of mind as she was as she if this was a lucid decision and if this was morally wrong to do she because she understood that what her that it was an attempt that she actually wanted to take their lives she knew what she was doing and she knew it was a sin and you know when we uh think about the i don't know i think she's a catholic or something and um was asked uh do you think it's a sin for this or and then was a sin to take her own life she said yes now she knew that she knew it was wrong what she was doing by taking the lives of her child And what is it, too, that this is perpetuated a lot in our society? And that's something that should be, you know, rethought, reprocessed about the double standard. That happens a lot in our culture, especially in American culture. where men are upheld to one standard and women aren't. Now, when women, most of the time, now this doesn't always happen, but most of the time, they're not held to the same standard of accountability as a man would be. Like, hang him, let's get him, if it was a man who killed, His kids, I mean, there's no question. Just get rid of them. That's it. But this whole thing where she's a victim of her circumstances, that's just perpetuated, right? And this is something that needs to be looked at and thought about. and have honest conversations when it comes to these problems in our society. Because if we don't, you know, for instance, so when I was growing up, I always, you know, unfortunately, now this isn't just a thing where it's in, uh, you know, I happen to be African American, right? Now this isn't a thing just, you know, from the African American experience. It just seems like it was just all pushed around where, oh, men are the enemy, right? And I never had that perspective, even though I would have every right to be when, you know, personally, um, I didn't have good male roles in my life, but I held on to hope, and I knew that if I had the disposition in my mind that it's very important for me to have a good attitude when it comes to relationships and to want to fall in love, me in love with someone that really cares for me and respects me and has. Has a really good work ethic and we both understand that it takes it's a partnership and it takes a lot of work to be in a relationship and you grow from your mistakes and you move on and and all all what should be the common denominator and the factor of of a loving relationship is respect then i'm good i'm golden right but um you know so i held on to that and then i even um took the point of saying, well, you know what? I'm not finding what I'm looking for, so I need to move. And as soon as I did that, I tell you, it was God sent. My husband came to me. I found my husband, and, hey, we've been together for almost 10 years now. So, you know, there's something to be said about that. And so when you have this disposition where, oh, men are trash, men are no good, a woman can never do any wrong, That's very destructive. And that's fundamentally what should be looked at here. And this leads into this asinine perspective about feminism. And that's why I will say wholeheartedly, feminism is nothing but destruction. Because at the heart of it, feminism is all about... Control and looking down on something. It's not about uplifting anything, right? Now, there's one, and then, you know, this whole idea about, oh, your life doesn't, you know, you have to, you don't, you have to stop your life when you have children. I would say you don't have a life, your life doesn't begin until you start having children, you have, you get married, that's when your life starts. Because I say these things because when, and that's the disposition about why most people, especially, well, unfortunately, women initiate their aspects of divorce and all these kind of things. It takes a very, it's a very selfish and caring act to want to love someone outside of yourself. And if you fundamentally don't have that ingrained and understood in your mind, you are. That's why there's so much chaos now. Because there's so many people who that's just catered as that's normal to have very selfish attitudes when it comes to decisions. But also at the same time, you know, like that addict says... To know oneself is truly divine. You know, if you know that you're a selfish piece of nothing, you should not, you know, be that good on you not to want to have a family. But, you know, it's just these things need to be looked at and understood when it comes to these Lindsay Clancy and just the unspeakable act that she done, that she has done, and it's just, and then even with this, um, um, actress, Leah, uh, uh, Leah something, um, I'm trying to think about her name, because she was at, um, uh, Big Lips, uh, see, um, uh, Leah, uh, Let's see. Because she was in Celebrity Apprentice.
Speaker 2: Hold on just a minute.
Speaker 3: Um, uh, just a minute, let me see, okay, let me see.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm trying to look for her name, huh, where is her name, anyway, um, well, I know it starts with Leah, and she was on the season where, um, Gary Busey was on there, and she was on another season. But anyway, you know, she was saying these horrible things about that it's, you know, that it's women are so oppressed and it's hard being a mother and, you know, supporting her. And then when she got a clap back, she's like, well, you don't. I was speaking to my therapist, and I know he did it, right? And this is all bull crap with this true crime stuff. Like, this stuff started out, you know, I remember when, what's that show?
Speaker 2: Oh, gosh.
Speaker 1: It came on CBS, right? Hold on. Hold on just a minute. 40 hours, all right? Start with that junk, and then here we go with these podcasts. They think that that's normal. That's just normal. These shows present justice and crime as if it's some kind of. Scripted role like it's like um and the worst is the uh special victims unit and um in law and order right all these things when they were coming out and being more gaining more and more popularity you know people actually thought oh well i can i know i i can see um i can be a sleuth i can do this and we gotta stop this you know it's just insanity and when you have that I can't stress it enough. When you don't have someone to rein you in or tell you the truth or actually say, well, you know, I ground you, or you don't have that kind of grounded mentality yourself, rooting for somebody like Lindsey Clancy becomes normalized. That's something to think. These are my mere thoughts for this week. So if you want to extend the conversation, please feel free to. All right, you can do this two ways, either through email or YouTube. Okay, so this reaches the end. So tune in, turn up, and definitely take care. All right, bye-bye for now.