Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Tuesday, December sixteenth, right in the thick of it for all the heavy hitting poker that is going on, not only in Las Vegas but around the world. Tim and I are of course in Las Vegas and it's it's jam freaking packed here. But we're gonna lead off with ap Paradise because as far as I'm concerned, that's the leading story with everything that's going on right now. There's a lot of dobysipy news that dropped this week today. You know, we got dobasip Paradise hitting their guarantee prize pulls in. They're on to day three in the supermin event. All that sort of stuff we got was b Europe news that came out. We have WSIP Player of the Year news that came out. So we're gonna hit on all of that stuff and then we're gonna get into the WPT World Championship. We got to talk some community cards, which I actually have no idea what we're talking in regards to community cards, but you know what Tim said, We're talking community cards, and then we got a family pop because why not, right, why freaking not. If you're listening, of course, please favorite the show, post it wherever you want, share it with your friends, leave a damn review, five stars, all that sort of stuff. It really does help us grow. And if you do leave a review, take a screenshot, send it in to podcasts at PokerGO dot com and we might read it on the air. It's been a while since we've got a good fun review, so please come on help us out, give us a review and put it in there. And as always YouTube and all that as comment, like, subscribe, whatever the heck it is you guys know the drill. Just some quick other news that I might as well mention right now off the top, But High Stakes Poker is back or it's coming back, depending on when you listen to this. But season fifteen December twenty third, the full season is dropping on poker Go, exclusively on poker Go, and season fifteen just might be the wildest season yet. We are calling it the Season of Blood. Yeah, because I guess there is a whole heck of a lot of blood. We have global superstar Kevin Hart, Yes, that Kevin Hard, the global superstar, comedian, the funny guy, actor, all that sort of stuff. He's making his high stakes poker debut. He is stepping into the most iconic cash game in poker. He's going to be alongside Andrew Roebol, Sam Keekey's in the lineups, Jennifer till There, Nick Airball, Antonio s fondi Ari is back. So this is going to be a season that you don't want to miss. As always with high Stakes Poker, the minimum game that you will see is two hundred four hundred with a minimum one hundred k buy in, but stakes throughout this season climb up to five hundred one thousand, so the money will be absolutely flying. You can binge the entire full season. On Tuesday, December twenty third, the whole thing is going to drop. Tim has been hard at work, the whole damn thing out there. The whole thing's going to drop that day. It is only on Poker Go. If you want to save some cash, of course, it is the holiday season, use the promo code HSP fifteen and that'll save you thirty dollars off your first year of a new annual plan. You can also upgrade to an annual plan and use that promo code if you are a monthly or a quarterly poker Go member, and then also using that same promo code HSP fifteen, you can head on over to shop dot poker dot com and now through the end of the year, everything in the poker Goro shop is twenty percent off. Okay, so you can save thirty dollars on your first year of a new annual plan now until the end of the year using promo code HSP fifteen, or you can head on over to shop dot PokerGO dot com and use promo code HSP fifteen to get twenty percent off all of the best apparel, best merchandise everything on shop dot poker dot com, excluding the digital gifts. That's the only thing. You can't save them, but everything else is good to go. High six Poker Season fifteen. Watch it starting Tuesday, December twenty third. Again that is exclusively on poker Go. All right, first news item of the day, we got the super Duper super Duper super Duper main event down in the Bahamas. Tim is just shaking his head because he thinks I'm an idiot, which I am. Yes, the w SIP Paradise, this super main event. It is a PGT qualifying event. It attracted two thousand, eight hundred and ninety one entries twenty six thousand dollars buying, so twenty five thousand plus one thousand. It had a sixty million dollar guarantee. There was a lot of talk going in on whether they would hit the guarantee. A lot of people for them, it wasn't the question of whether or not they would hit the guarantee. It was more question of how short would they come, because sixty million dollars is a lot of goddamn money. But they hit it, and they hit it pretty comfortably. More than seventy two million dollars in the prize pool. This is the biggest prize pool in poker history outside of the WSP Main Event. Of course, the WSP Main Event tops all the charts. And then I think I saw I want to say, friend of the podcast, Jeff Platt, I think I saw a video with him saying that this is the eighth largest event ever in terms of price pool, in the history of the game. So really big stuff coming out of the Bahamas. I guess the first question or discussion here is I'll throw it to you with this is Are we surprised? Are you surprised that it it hits I guess both the guarantee and then also this big of a price bowl ending up over seventy million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's obviously a lot of chatter about it overlaying. I was never really worried about it overlaying. I always thought they would sneak in make it just kind of like they did last year with the fifty million guarantee. But for it to just hit it and keep going and hit seventy two million is pretty pretty astronomical, very surprising that they would get that many. And you know, you're following the action, you know, from you know, from your computer, from your phone, and you know the way that action was playing out on social media with the you know, Daniel mcgrond obviously calling it out the most on in the's vlogs with people in for ten bull, it's twelve bull, it's fourteen bull, It's all these kind of crazy numbers. You just saw that. Yeah, look, this is going to get pretty messy, pretty crazy for these people. And yeah, they once they broke through, they just couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is very very polarizing around the poker community. You know, you pointed out some of the stuff on social media, you know, just talking with a lot of people at the various tables that I've been playing at this month, it's the same sort of chatter where you know, some people think it's good and awesome, other people think it's just way too wild and crazy and unsustainable, you know. I mean, we've heard numbers of people being in ten, twelve, fifteen bullets, as you said, and it's quite insane to think of it that way. I don't think I'm surprise that they hit the guarantee. I think I aligned with you in the fact that you know, this probably would have come in if I were to guess, I would have said between sixty and sixty five that would have been audience. But you know, given the fact that I thought the day one a number was really really good. I think there was like twelve hundred or something entries in there. And also honestly, with the way that they kind of finagled this this schedule, which is a very interesting case study. You know, this is the first time that I've seen a tournament do in opening flight structure like this. And for those that don't know what they did in the Bahamas is they had four starting flights, but they played the first two, then they played. Then everyone that survived those first two flights played their Day two, which made it into the money. So and then there was two more starting flights, and then those two starting flights had their own Day two, and then everyone later on combined for Day three. So if you bagged Day one A and then you got a day off and then you played Day one or Day two A, you bag that, then you would have two days or three days off then you would come back. So it's kind of like a nice break in there. It could also allowed you to cash the event twice, which is an interesting little twist and a little bit weird. You know, like you could cash day you know, two A because they made the money on the day twos. Then if you busted after you made the money, you could obviously then fire multiple bullets afterwards. So there was that, But it's also like, you know, let's say you put a bunch of bullets in or whatever. Even if you put one bullet in, you get to day two, you kind of think, oh, in a normal schedule that we commonly see is that, well, okay, I made it past registration. I made it to day two, like I'm I'm going forward like this is it? But not in this tournament. You know, you could play that day too, you could bust and then you could hop back in you know, later on. So obviously the structure is more shallow in the day two stage. So the whole thing kind of generated a lot of re entries overall.
Speaker 2: You also have to mention the you know, like you said, you cash on day two one hundred In total the people in the money on day two A was two hundred and thirty three. One hundred and twenty five of those cashed and were eliminated. Obviously, the men cash is two x the buy and it's fifty thousand dollars. You also have the promotions where if you had cash in the main event, you would get an extra twenty five k. So this technically probably a decent amount of people that cash and were eliminated that you know, essentially won three buyants, right, they get the fifty k, plus they get the twenty five So you know, we would have to find those numbers somehow, but I would say a good chunk at the one twenty five probably jumped in, you know, one c or one D or even on day two B and that's what helps push that number up with that sixty million. Obviously, this concept is very new to poker in gen Or obviously wasn't part of Lasius supermin So that obviously gives them, you know, a bit more wiggle room to up that guarantee to the sixty and then, you know, knowing this concept, we might as well say, now we probably see the guarantee even move up next year slightly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it's also something where I'm curious if we see one this schedule concept start to take place in other WSP events, most specifically during the summer. Not that they would ever do this, I don't think for the WSP main event, because that would entail making the WSP main events a re entry, which I don't think that they'll ever do. But do you start to see it for you know, I don't know the Colossus or the Milli Maker or the Monsters, you know, anything like that, right, I think.
Speaker 2: We already see it in those events in a way, like the Mystery Millions and the Colossus, he played to the money you cash. Then they play a little deeper, so like in the Colossus where there's four flights, you can cash four times. You know, it's not the same version of this where you know, we know what the classics is. It's a little bit of a crap shoot. It's quick, it's fast, it's for you know, the U and me's of the world. While this obviously a twenty five K, you can't really play to the money on day one in a twenty five K, So I think this concept is very.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this structure is pretty fast? Yeah? Sure, but I mean they could have honestly played to the money in the tournament. Why not?
Speaker 2: I think this is perfect for this event, and this event only twenty five K Superman, you know, hey, why not out of day two C as well? Why you're at it? You know, like or you know what, maybe a better option is three day ones than the two A than three day ones, you know, then the two than the two B, and you could actually run that one D right on day two A.
Speaker 1: I got a crazy idea, what if you did the first three starting flights in Vegas during the summer. Yeah, you could do that, said, hey guys, yeah, you all backchips, we'll see in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do that, you know, essentially you could do that. Probably what the day off of the main final table and then the two final table days, that's probably a good time to do it, you know that.
Speaker 1: Right, everyone's looking for everyone's trying to play some stuff, right like I mean, it's in a way as a satellite to that tournament. You know, they do plenty of the stuff where you know, you play that, you play the day ones or whatever online, right, or you play the qualifiers online, same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: The only problem is you would have to there's two things. Well, the best thing is that, let's say they did a seventy five million dollar guarantee, you could probably knock off twenty million in Vegas, So that's probably pretty good. They'll give them a little bit of ease. The second thing, though, this is where it gets tricky, I think, and you know, maybe you disagree with me here. You would probably have to play to the money, but then also pull some money out of the prize pool for travel like or pre pay something like pre pay travel expenses. The difference with Bahamas is you're already there. You've already either won a package or you paid your accommodation. Like you think of all the packages that people won or gave out. The value was thirty thousand, right, five thousand for accommodation and travel. So now if you're going to win your seat live, you know, in Vegas, just like you have to think of as a normal satellite Like when I won my WSP Main Events seat in Australia. You know, I won the seat plus travel and accommodation. So I think you would have to get a little finicky with the payouts or like get creative with how you can ensure people go and play. You know, you could also make it very simple. You've made the money. I'm not paying you out unless you put your ass in the seat in paradise, which is fair enough. Right do you cash for fifty k? You know? All right, fine, I'll spend three thousand dollars on flights and accommodation, get myself down there so I can make sit down ask cash out fifty k.
Speaker 1: So I mean, what were they didn't they do I don't think I don't think they did it this year. But last year they had some day one flights online they Yeah, and then you got into like day three or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were expedited to day three, so.
Speaker 1: You do something like that. It's just only in the live setting.
Speaker 2: Look, WSP, it's a new animal this year, next year, GG poker can do whatever they want. They can get very creative here. Like you said, they can do stuff like this where you fast chuck the live players straight into to day three. You can you know, they have gg poker, but they also have WSP dot com. Why not do the same thing with WWSP dot dot com. Maybe it's not twenty five k pius point, maybe it's a much smaller price point, but it gets you to the day two. You can do lots of things, you know, like there's a there is a strategic plan right where we could see this being one hundred million dollar guarantee. Now it's not going to happen. Well, it could happen next year, but you have to put the things in motion and really kind of coordinate everything. When I say everything, i'm talking you know, we're we're going to touch on a bit later. But WSP Europe in April. Then you got to coordinate WSP Vegas, You've got to coordinate GG poker online, WSP dot com online, and then obviously Paradise being the biggest one. But you can definitely push this to being one hundred million dollar guarantee super main event in the Bahamas with planning and not just giving out, you know, fifty million dollars in seats. I think they can get there organically in a way.
Speaker 1: I'm curious if because I know, you know, when the WPT partnered with when they came out with their big guarantee, they obviously update a ton to forty million the next year, and a lot of the discussion and I think we probably even talked about it on this podcast, and I know we talked about it even off the podcast for sure. But you know, the question is does it ever over overtake the ws AP main event in Las Vegas? Now that's obviously too well this let me set it up a little bit more. Is that you know that event, the WPD World Championship, that's competitor verse competitor, Like they're going head to head here. I mean, it's it's internal, right, So is that the plan here? You know? Are what are they what are they trying to do? Ws A. It's just it's very interesting to be both an industry insider and also a fan and kind of just watching this all unfold because I mean, it seems like it seems to me that there was a lot more promotional effort put into the ws AP Paradise Super Main Event than there was the WASP Main Event in Las Vegas. Now, of course you kind of have to do that because one of them has a big ass guarantee you got to hit, and the other one, the other one doesn't and really has a really solid, solid, excuse me, solid foundation that you kind of just like, you know, at this point, you know, barring any like insane outcomes or you know, happenings in the world that the WASP man event is Las Vegas is probably nine thousand players at its floor, like stone floor, you know. So so it's interesting, right, you know, because to your point, if they if they start to grow this thing, let's say, seventy five million next year, one hundred million the year after that, and they really start, you know, ramping it up, it starts to kind of overtake the WSP Main Event in Las Vegas. And there's a little bit more flexibility with with doing things in the Bahamas, you know. You know, GG poker has done a lot to uh make some innovations here in the US, but the US Gaming industry also has a lot of regulations that you have to abide by. You know, you can't just like come in here and start firing Crypto in his buyings like stuff like that, whereas like in the Bahamas, it's like you can kind of do whatever you want. So it's a little bit freer. Now, there's obviously positives and there's negatives to every sort of thing. I'm just I'm just already starting like the wheels in my head are starting to turn, like what does this thing look like? Because it's clearly now become this behemoth that is, you know, legitimately here, and it looks like it's here to stay. And you know, now it's like how big does it grow? And is it going to overtake the SPMN event in Las Vegas? And that is that the plan internally? I mean, I don't think we're ever gonna know the actual plan, but is that just kind of that natural progression here, you know. So I'm just I guess I'm kind of curious just to see how it all plays out.
Speaker 2: They could do whatever they want for this event four hundred million dollars guaranteed never ever be better than the WSP main event here in Las Vegas. You can see that, I'm sorry, there's some purity to that event. Really that every man, right, the Tim Duckworth of the world, that can jump in on the buzzer on day two D with their ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you also do realize that if it were to come to that, they could literally can't they own them one in Vegas? They could say, like.
Speaker 2: They don't change it. I'm saying, let's pretends it stays as it is. There is the purity of the freeze out aspect, there's the history, the lineage of fifty odd years of w Suputer edition. It's the one, you know. Let's also talk about just the ease of getting to Vegas. I can jump on a Southwest flight, I can drive from California, can catch a damn bullet train in a couple of years probably right, put up my ten thousand dollars play. If I'm buss, I go home. If I make it through, I continue. There's it's really hard to kind of defeat that. And now let's let's pretend it stays at Atlantis. You know, if we remove all the poker stuff from Atlantis, there's still a lot of negativity with that. Now there's the it's the food, the service, you know, the slowness of the service too. Now if they decide to move to Baha Mah, does Atlantis, Mate does? Does Gigi Poker? Just buy Atlantis and say look, let's make this better. Sure that's possibility too.
Speaker 1: Now that's je Poker Island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could happen. Now, I think that could change things a lot and a more positive site. I just don't think this event as it is, twenty five k buying a gazillion re entries really appeals to the greater player pool that is poker. And that's okay. Because they have the Las Vegas main event, they have other opportunities. This appeals to, you know, let's let's be real high stakes poker players and that's okay. It has its place on the poker schedule, on the poker calendar, and it appeals to enough players and they're all there. Now, if you're the everyday person that only has that one buy in, I'll see you. I'll see you in July and Vegas. You know, if you're you know, more of a value. You know, you look at all the people here playing the WPT event that we thought, Hey, they may be over at Bahamas, but are not that appeals to them. I think there's enough difference between what's going on on the schedule, whether it's you know, the WSP versus WPT debate or just the WSP Paradise versus WSP Vegas debate. So I don't think you know, it will ever ever take over the Las Vegas main event, unless you know, they decide to just click cancel on it, or they, you know, like I said, by Atlantis and hire a million people to run the restaurants and speed things up or make it. You know, I think you said it the other day. Isn't it like seven hundred five hundred dollars a night? That's pretty expensive for the for the the rex out there, and you know, just it just to me, nothing will have a have a bait the WSP main event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I'm gonna walk back kind of my stance a little bit. I'm not saying I think it's going to be. I do agree with you, I would. I also wouldn't go as far as you you're saying never ever. I'll say it's always there's always a non zero chance, right, It is always a non zero chance. So I mean, I do think that kind of something you touched on a little bit, there is where I kind of end up going with it in that you know, I don't know, I feel like I'm a decent test case for this sort of stuff. To me, playing in the w SP Super Main Event and feeling like I have a shot seems unattainable, which I think is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome if you are trying to grow this event in terms of mass appeal, because I just think like like this year, like I'm looking at it and I'm like, well, you know, One, there's the hurdle of like if it's hard to travel for poker these days, especially to a place where it's going to cost you, you know, five hundred dollars plus a night or whatever it might be. You know, you know, food's expensive there, et cetera. Like that's that's hard. So there's that aspect to overcome. Second, I mean, twenty five K is a lot of freaking money to buy into a poker tournament. Like I will take one or two shots in a ten K year, you know, sell some action and get in there. But twenty five K is hard and then on top of that, it's not only like your random twenty five K or like a good feel the twenty five K. I mean this is I've been watching the coverage. I've been following all. I mean, it's killers after killers after killers, and even guys you don't know, you just know that they're killers from online. You're watching the hands that they're playing. You're like, what in the hell is going on here? And they have unlimited buy ins. So it's like the unattainability for for somebody like me or somebody that's more on the fence. I think it's it's hard, right, It's so it's I think if you're the w s AP, the hardest thing to again make this event more mass appeal is being able to like sell that dream. I don't I agree with you that, you know, I think this event has a place. Like you said, they have the WSP main event that's like the every every pokerman's dream to go play that tournament, and then here it's this is kind of like the high rollers dream, you know. I just I think it's hard to sell this to the everyman.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I think if you were to sell it to the everyman, you would have to make some changes. I think making it a freeze out is probably the number one change, you know, But then you go into the fact that, like, well, if it's a freeze out, how are we going to hit sixty million dollars or even fifty million dollars in a price play? How are you going to do that? And how you're gonna scalop that way? I mean, you're probably gonna just have to try and get five thousand unique players down to the Bahamas. And that's in and of itself in issue like it can can Atlantis even how is five thousand players? You know, Like at that point you start getting into all the logistical aspects of things. So it's just it's very interesting to see it all play out. I'm genuinely fascinated by it all, you know, So I'm curious to see where it goes in the next two three years. In kind of the immediate surface, it's definitely not going anywhere, you know. Some of this news that we'll get into next is why it's not going anywhere. I Mean, they announced the dates for next year already. They have We'll get to the WSP Player of the Year stuff, but that's going to be awarding packages to the twenty twenty seven version of this, Like, so this thing is here to stay, right, and as I said, it's an absolute freaking behemoth. So I don't know. Also, like, yeah, you're gonna get the guys, the you know, the Chidwick's, the negran Who's you know, all these guys that are going down there. Jesse Loanis et cetera firing eight nine ten fabian gums fired ten bullets, like you know, all these guys are firing double digit bullets, you know, five plus bullets at a minimum, all that sort of stuff. I think Jeremy Osmus fired what four bullets? Yeah, you know, and he was like he feels good that he only had to fire four bullets type of thing. So, but do you lose the people that are that are turned off by that? So the people that went down there with a shot, right, you know, the people that might have been chasing like some of those bonuses that you mentioned, the Paradise Parlay cash the main event in Vegas. Go down there, you cash, you get another twenty five k like stuff like that. Are you gonna are you gonna lose those fringe people? And that's gonna be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: You know, you can still go there planning to fire one bullet like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what But that's what I'm saying is that the people that might think that do, they just end up not going because if they say, like, hey, I can spend twenty five K or twenty six k, right plus travel. Let's say I'm thirty k all in, because that's the thing I'm getting at here. I can go thirty k on. I can go fire my one bullet down there, cool right, or and this is where again it goes back to the clashing events. I can go to Vegas and WPT win, which is three flights freeze out per flight ten k, and I'm basically in that thing with a possible three chances if I need it for the same exact amount of money buy and wise. Now, of course you can win a lot more in the super main event because of the guarantee, the prize pool, all that sort of stuff, But then you also have to factor in that, you know, the the WPT World Championship is. I mean, I'm pretty confident to say that it's a much softer field and easier for you know, lesser players. Not that I'm knocking everyone that's playing that event just lesser than like, you know, like the super Wizards that are going to go down to play in Paradise. So it's it's interesting in that regard, you know, so so are the people that are the people that kind of you saw some stuff on social media that might have you know, complained or mentioned the multi entry and the number that these guys are firing. Are those the people that you're turning off and then you lose I don't know, let's say four hundred unique players, three hundred unique players, whatever it is, I don't know, because then you know, if you're somebody like a top pro and you know that those one bullet people that you might view as like the spots in the field, the soft spots, if they're not coming, does that make it less advantageous for you to then go. So it's just again, I'm just really fascinated on how it all plays out. Ten million dollars first place prize. The prize pool was officially announced today that they did say that you know, they got up over seventy two million. I think it was seventy million, two hundred and seventy five thousand in the prize pool in total, they released the prize pool breakdown today, ten million dollars for first it's very very similar at the final table too, the DUBS main event in Las Vegas. The first I think four spots are the exact same ten million, six million, four million, three million, and then fifth place here is two point three five I think in Vegas it was two point four. Then you got sixth place one point eight, you got seventh place one point four, eighth place one point one, ninth place eight hundred and fifty k, and I believe in Vegas ninth place was a million. That was the big thing.
Speaker 2: It was exact same.
Speaker 1: I mean, sure, why not? I mean, you know, I would bet that some of that had to do with because it was very it was very kind of weird with the payouts for this because like because of the way they did the schedule, like you got to cash on day two a right, but they have no idea what the total prize pool is because there's still two full flights plus that second day two and there's there's entries in all of that. Yeah, so like you have no idea. But then on the other side of things, you guaranteed I think they guaranteed or at least they might have said it. But a mint cash is worth fifty k.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is well all WSP events now the men cash is two x.
Speaker 1: But what they did, but it's interesting to do that without knowing like the full pay out in such a big buy an event.
Speaker 2: They also did two pay jumps on day one a sorry under day twos, which I don't think they needed to do. I think they could have just kept it a fifty k. I mean, you're not saving a lot of money.
Speaker 1: You get a page on if you make day three.
Speaker 2: And then and then yeah, you just made like paid. So now the men cash on day three, which was seventy thousand, could have just been sixty thousand. So you're probably finding an extra half a million dollars, you know, if you just change those payouts that you could have put up to top up the top to get that ninth place million dollars, bumped the other ones up a little bit and kind of copy paste what we did in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the tournament's just wild. I don't know what else to say. It's Tuesday, December sixteenth. Day three is running down in the Bahamas. They started the day with I believe two hundred and two players. They are very much deep into that now. There was a flurry of eliminations to start right away. They're under one hundred players now in the field. Coming into the day, it was Martin Cabrell who had the chip lead. Yes, the loud guy, the obnoxious guy. Right now it is Faraz Jaka who came into the day in the top ten. He looks to be leading the way. Chad Eaves Sledge also came into the day in the top ten. He's up there crushing as well. Andy Wilson, a very good British player, is up there in the top ten. It looks like Daniel Rozai who won a w SIP Eagle bracelet in one of the events down in Paradise. He won the fifty k nolanvan hold Him high Roller Turbo, a PGT qualifying event. He's crushing. Poker media member Terrence Reid is freaking crushing. He looks like he's in like eleventh place, top fifteen. Jesse Lonis is in there, Jamil Wakiel, Alexander Theologists, Martin Cabrell is still in Yes, David Coleman is in there. So I mean Natasha Mercier is in there. I mean, this this event is just freaking wild. So still still kind of a long way to go with all of this. You had Alex Foxen busting today, Joe Katta busted today, Jean Abert Balan busted today, Chris Moneymaker busted today. Nick Bartangelo also busted it today, so you know, very interesting to follow along, very exciting to see it all happen. They are streaming this on the WSP YouTube channel, so you guys can check that out if you want. And then I did want to get to one other person who is still in because this is another kind of point of contention around the around the industry. But Ren Lynn. Ren Lynn showed up to play, which I don't know if you guys remember, but he was recently suspended indefinitely from World Series of Poker events and then next thing you know, he's in the Bahamas playing. So of course that generated a lot of buzz, a lot of news and for those that missed it, you know Rehn. The story is that he basically answered a call from a friend that he was that was playing in a tournament. Basically the friend was like asking him questions and showing him spots in a tournament but it was actually like the live tournament that the guy was playing, Wren was helping him, and it was ruled you know, real time assistants, and then you know, Wren came out afterwards, he issued this long apology. He tried to make people right financially, sending out all this different money to the various people that were possibly affected at the final table and all that sort of stuff. Obviously, GG Poker and w SP come out, you know, in the aftermath they say he's suspended indefinitely. You know, then at the time the suspension, you know, there was a lot of people that was like, listen, it wasn't that bad. You know, if if what Wren really did or what he said he did, you know, if that's actually how it went down, then you know, it's not that bad. He tried to correct it immediately, he tried to you know, issue the apology. Obviously, he tried to issue the financial money or you know, the finances to everyone to kind of make them on the situation. So maybe the penalty that of the indifferent suspension was a little bit more hard than it should have been. But now it's interesting because everyone's like, well, I thought you suspended this guy indefinitely and now just the next series he's just back in the mix.
Speaker 2: That's here.
Speaker 1: You're you're a commissioner of a basically a poker league, Like, how would you handle this thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's a tough one. But the big difference between Ran and other people that are been you know, suspended or banned or whatever have you know, he did come out immediately, tried to make things right, So that's a big difference, if we're being honest. I think a lot of people have predicted that he would be back at least by next World series, if not Paradise. So, I mean, they banned him and then they unbanned him. I don't really have a problem with it, to be honest, I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the problem for many people is that you're trying to hit this huge guarantee and you unban a guy that can possibly put ten bullets in this tournament, Like that's that's the that's the that's the dots that people are connecting.
Speaker 2: You know what. I never thought of it that way. The kudos are the people who thought that was the reason they I'm banning Well, I mean that's just kind of a yeah, but like one person isn't going to make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course one person is not going to go. But still, I mean, if you're if you're trying to pull players from everywhere to hit a huge guarantee, I mean, you know, like, yeah, I mean, I guess optically, I think it does look a little bit bad. You know, in indefinite suspension is there's obviously no timetable on it. They can lift the suspension whenever they want. I do think that, you know, Wren handled the situation after it happened as best he could, you know, immediately coming out saying like, yeah, I screwed up. I'm sorry, here's the money back to these people. But I also think that, you know, maybe w SP and GG should have been like, listen, here's the deal. You're suspended for WSP Paradise. You can't do anything there, and you know, we'll revisit it next year and then maybe they they allow him to play WISP Europe or the Douvasip in Las Vegas, right, you know, But I think I think lifting a suspension before you actually had any other events is kind of a weird. Look like, at least suspend him for like something, and it just so happens that that's something for them would have been dobsip Paradise, so you know, probably would have just suspended him for WSP Paris has been like listen, buddy, you just got to sit out, man. I'm sorry. You know you're you're on a six month ban or whatever the heck it is. You know, you did some good things in terms of trying to right the wrongs after the fact, but you still did wrong. So you know, we got to kind of set a little bit of an example here, and that's what we're gonna do. But I do agree with you that, you know, it's not as bad as some of the others in the past, and I don't think he should be suspended for life or anything like that, but I think he kind of do have to set some sort of like you know, precedence here. But anyway, Redland's backpoint and he's still on with under Hunter Proyers left, so let's see how that goes. I mentioned that this is is a PGT qualifying event. You had Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky and John wo Wasnock, the top two finishers from this year's WSB Man event in Las Vegas. They both needed to find a second cash in order to get that third qualifying cash or sorry, a third cash. They both needed to find a third cash. They had two my fault in order to be eligible for the PGT Million Dollar Championship at the end of the season. They both got it in this event. I don't know if miss Rocky knows. I know for sure Big wah Was knows because he immediately sent a DM to the poker Twitter account or the PGT account was like, I got my third cash. I'll see you in January in Vegas. So Was knows. He's ready to go. He's been he's been grinding. He was at Venetian, he played maybe a couple nept events. He played for sure in Texas like he was, He's playing stuff like he's trying to get this third cash. He finally got it in this damn event. So congrats to you, mister Wasnack, and we will see you in Las Vegas. Now, Michael m is Rocky have no idea he knows like he could know, he could not know. I know we talked with him during the National Heads Up Poker Championship and he was like, yeah, I'm gonna get my third but I have no idea what grinder knows or doesn't know. I mean, for all we know, he might think the event already happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll send someone a message to alert him. But uh yeah, him and him and was got that third cash? That good on them. The guys that also needed a second I mean a second or a third cash don't appear to be there playing.
Speaker 1: So the one that sticks out to me is Leo Margetts. She's not there. She's at the wind.
Speaker 2: She's at the wind.
Speaker 1: She would he would need two cashes though.
Speaker 2: Kenny Hallett, he's over in Prague, which does make sense. Jared mc guiney he is here in Vegas too, But yeah, so we'll probably see those. Fellow w SP Main Event final table is not participate in the upcoming free role. But I think the biggest kind of changes on the leaderboard. And look, we still have several events left. There's sixteen hundred points up top in the Super Main, so things are going to keep moving. But you know the biggest change is Stephen Chidwick. He jumped up into the top ten. We had Michael Manchek pick up some much need to points when he finished runner up to Charlie hook, he's up into the top twenty. And then you've got a lot of people in this in this middle group. I'm going to throw out some names at you right now. Obviously you got Jesse Lonas who's seventh, but you know, you have Victor Blum, you had Chadiveslays, you have Latara Guerrera. So Gio Ittor just busted. But those guys in those mid twenties with sixteen hundred points, they could take the lead over Alex Foxon who did cash in the main event. But yeah, we could see, you know, some dramatic changes on the whole entire lead aboard once you know, WSP Paradise kind of wraps up, obviously a couple more events left too, and then we're gonna lead obviously into our PGT Last Chance. That will really kind of shape everything heading into that you know, million dollar Championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's gonna be a lot of movement, as you said, coming out of this whole thing. I mean, we'll have to have to watch every single day and see how this thing unfolds, and then you know, we'll we'll go from there. So it would be it would be pretty wild to see someone, you know, kind of come out of like outside the top forty and like you know, make a huge leap, get into the top forty, ultimately be able to possibly challenge for Player of the Year honors. Like you know, it's just there's a lot to be there.
Speaker 2: One name for that is Daniel Roseai. Yeah, he obviously won the fifty k high roll of the seven hundred and fifty points. That was his second cash of the season. He's still in the main event, so let's just pretend he wins that. That's sixteen hundred. So now he's up to twenty three hundred and he's sitting third on the Leadabard.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wild. You know, there's a lot of kind of crazy stuff like that that could happen, and yeah, we we just get through broad eyes. The other thing, which is tricky, which is, you know, I don't think we really took into account when we gave WSB the Green Lion was the double cashing. You know, like how does that affect you know, like you know, Nacho Barbero is a good one. He's cashed twice. You know, how does that affect how many points does he get for that? Because he's on he's at eight hundred and two points, so he's about, you know, one hundred points out of the top forty. He's cash twice. How are we gonna Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you have to honor it. But I personally, I like, I was aware of how they were doing this structure at the beginning of the tournament. I thought, I don't know why. My mind just thought, Okay, they're going to make the money on day three. What I thought, like that just made sense to me. I was like, why would you have people double cashing in this tournament? But I'm also like, okay, I get it from their aside, because you want people double cashing because only fire multiple boards and that helps through guarantee.
Speaker 2: For the way I'm I've kind of already approached it heading into this was they get the highest of the points, they get both payouts in their stats, and but they only get one cash because it's one event still, so you know, like forward best points forward, that's the most points forward, best cash forward. But we'll give them credit for the for the the amount of money they won, mainly because it's going to mess up on my data if I don't do that that way. But that kind of makes sense to me the most. You know, Nicha Burbera is a good one. He could have picked up ninety points, but he's only going to pick up fifty six. I think that's, you know, fairly fair to me. And obviously there's a few more, but I have to wait till everyone kind of busts, because you know, going through WSP plus today, you're still seeing a lot of like code names, you know, super Yang A twenty three, et cetera, and trying to figure out who these guys actually are and you know where if they cash twice and I have to, you know, get fancy with my spreadsheet.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Though, in that WSP plus app, they did fix the font size that I was complaining about all summer long, and the font sizes.
Speaker 2: It seems to get better every day, like it seems to be.
Speaker 1: My only issue is I don't have to restart an app more than I restart every day. I have to restart this app. I mean, I know that they're obviously doing updates every single day and it's it's constantly improving, but which is a good thing. But I'm also like, do I have to always restart this app?
Speaker 2: The one thing. I just I'm assuming there's probably a solution. You know, we obviously dealt a lot with the WSB plus app, you know, during the summer with but the feature table player, you know, name blanked out, chips removed, and they have a YouTube logo. Like it needs to be a better way to do this, Like, you know, I just I need to see who that person is. If you don't want to update the chips, that's fine, but like we need especially like think about it tomorrow when they play, the.
Speaker 1: Name should be there, but like where the chips are should maybe just be like a lock symbol, like the chips are locked, that's right, you know, or like too or maybe that maybe the chip symbol is like it says it puts the chips there, but then it says like next to it sixty minutes ago or something, because it's it's you know, based off whatever. Like I don't know something, but I do agree with you that it's a little bit weird because you're you're trying to sweat the updates and then you're like, well, who the heck are these eighty nine people? Where'd they go?
Speaker 2: You know, tomorrow everyone will be a feature table player.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of issue. And if they really look, do they really care about do they really want people watching or they want on people on the app? You know, I I think it's I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I think they ultimately want both.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means possible, you know, I'm I'm a firm believer. If you want to watch the stream, you'll watch the stream. If you want to look at the updates, you look at the updates. I think they can both be essentially live without really jeopardizing anything. So that's my theory on it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you know what, we'll obviously be keeping tabs on this thing as it goes. That is the WSP Paradise Super Main Event. Ten million dollars to first place, more than seventy two million dollars in the prize pool, and they are down to fewer than one hundred players.
Speaker 2: Gabriella Gabrielle Andrade is still in by the way, I just know, oh my god, he's running on the pot. I remember. I think if you guys remember, from like what maybe two podcasts ago, I told a story about how he was buried chasing the TCH Main Event sixteen hundred dollars a pop brick. The entire series were putting like twelve bullets, came over to the Champions, played the final like hypertobo flight got in made a running that main event. He's you know, obviously plays both games, but I always thought Pilo was his like main game, cashing that, you know, but like grinding the old thirty three hundred of the Champions and the sixteen hundred at TCH and then now he's just winning truck or finishing whatever is second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he finished second in the two hundred and fifty k Invitational tournament and Paradise.
Speaker 2: So raking and running the super main. Where is he sitting wild? It's twenty fifth right now of niney odd so you go kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: All right, sticking with the World Series of Poker, but kind of shifting gears a little bit here w SP Europe. So they announced, uh, I don't know, a couple of months ago, Tim and I brought it up on the podcast, but they announced how two big changes to that series. One is they were going to be leaving Rosmudov and going to Prague. I believe it's the Hilton Prague, which is, if I'm correct, the same venue as ept prog I believe, So they're moving to Prague, and then they're also shifting timeframe, so they're not going to do the October ish window. They're going to shift it to the front half of the year, and they're doing it what end of March into April, right at the end of March into April, March thirty first through April twelfth, and then today or yesterday they announced the schedule and this also comes with some changes. Fifteen gold bracelet events, which I think is what they normally do there, but the main event is the big talking point here. So the WSP Europe Main Event has always been ten thousand euro buying or ten thousand pounds when they were doing it in London, they dropped it to five k and they added an enormous ten million euro guarantee. Now I know that's not the sixty seventy million that they're getting down at the WSP Paradise Superman event, but ten million, and according to the news store NWSP dot com, this figure surpasses any guarantee for a poker tournament held in Europe in twenty twenty five. I mean, I'm not sure that because there's been a guarantee bigger. I mean maybe that whatever that ISPT thing, the International Stadium's Poker Tour thing. I don't even remember what the hell they were.
Speaker 2: Trying to the Trenton event there, But did they have a guarantee? They may have? Who won that Andy?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: The one random one they did.
Speaker 1: The Triton one?
Speaker 2: No, that's not that's called I don't know whatever. I'll go digg him. I thought they anyway.
Speaker 1: But anyway, in twenty twenty five, ten million dollars for a five K that's two thousand entries. That's freaking Why so the WSB Europe Main event, which had six hundred and fifty entries, what.
Speaker 2: The one jop? They did a one drop there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did they have a guarantee?
Speaker 2: But you said biggest prize pool in Europe.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's the biggest guarantee for a poker tournament held in Europe.
Speaker 2: We'll have to get d Maybe I misspoke.
Speaker 1: Again, and I have no idea what I'm saying, but in my mind I said guarantee, So that's what I said. So yeah, so they had six hundred and fifty ish players. I think that number has been kind of around the same maybe it has been declining a little bit. I don't know exactly, but now they're going to go to two thousand right now. Obviously half the buy in, but if you were just to take last year's field multiply it by two, that gets you up to thirteen hundred and fifty. And this they're guaranteeing two thousand entries. I mean, obviously they can miss the guarantee and it can be less entries, but I mean with the way that GG Poker's going, you know now owning the wsp brand, I feel like they're going to get twelve to fourteen million in this price will easy and that's just out of freaking control for a for this tournament. I mean, the EBT progue just wrapped up like what a week or two ago Mountain Kerkow shout out to him, long time member of the industry, member of the poker community, won the events. I believe that had around twelve hundred entries. So I mean that gives you an idea of what WSPU Europe is trying to scale to here and they come out with this enormous freaking guarantee which is just nuts. It does have three starting flights I'm assuming it's gonna be you know, multiple re entry, all that sort of stuff. They also have a fifteen hundred dollars no limit hold them European Circuit Championship that comes with a one point five million dollar guarantee. So in that one, you're looking at a thousand entries based on the guarantee. They got you know, a bunch of different price points on here. They got a one K opener, a three KPLO mixed h five hundred dollars five hundred euro I should say colossus. They got a two K twenty five hundred. They got a ten K high roller, you know, a twenty five k GG million's high roller. So you know, this is this is a series that you know, much different than than w S would be Paradise, where you know, it was like there was one buy in sub five k for like actual bracelet event, then everything else was just astronomical. I mean, this is very much geared towards like kind of your more average tournament player, traveling player, WSP player, that sort of stuff. So I feel like with this schedule, this series is now fully back. It's going to be wild. I think it's going to be enormous. So yeah, is it.
Speaker 2: Going to be enormous? Why the reason I say that I criticized the dates they chose, Okay, because well.
Speaker 1: They said, f your dates, tim ten million euros guaranteed. That's what they said.
Speaker 2: I got it, I got it. They want to go to war.
Speaker 1: Money can solve a lot of problems, including scheduling.
Speaker 2: Look, they went to wall with WPT win Las Vegas. Now they're going to war with the Irish poke.
Speaker 3: Up in and I think they're winning the WPT versus moved it a week later and completely being offset but now with their main event at the front end of the series, right because.
Speaker 2: Irish poke up in the one of the yah y a series in the world that ends April sixth. WSP Europe starts March thirty first, ends April twelfth. Now, if i'm.
Speaker 1: And the main event dates specifically April third, April fourth, and April fifth for the starting.
Speaker 2: Place, and they overlap the Irish Poker Open main event that has a two point five million dollar guarantee, But why wouldn't WSP Europe just offset that by a few days. You know, we talk about you know, we talk about giving players the most opportunity to play everything. They just moved that to the second week of WSP Europe. They completely fade the Irish Pokeer Open main event and all the other events they have there. But as we know, WSP don't give a shit about anybody else, so they did this. So I am not as bullish on of being a super popular event because I think a lot of people, you know, are still going to choose the Irish Prokeer Open that obviously has some history. We saw a lot of I notice a lot of people on so sure not base there traveling to go play the Irish Prokerap And we had a couple of our players play the Irish proke Op and skip our events. And this is going to be another kind of forced decision by the two operators. And you know, not really the Irish poke up in the every days have been out forever, but really four WSP forcing players to choose between you know, the Irish Prokeer Open WSP Europe. Buyings are different, but the biggest issue is that conflicting main event. And look, you're going to look at it and say, okay, I can play a five K ten mil or I can play an eleven hundred two and a half mil. You know there is an overlapping players there. Whether you know how many, I don't know, but still I just don't. I just don't like that they had the whole April's calendar open. They just could have moved it a week later and completely dominated the entire playa pol. You could have got all all of Europe playing just by moving in a week later.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, listen, I I don't disagree with you that I would love for everyone to play nice. You know, I don't think the WSB really has to here. Ws B is the NFL. They can do whatever the hell they want. I'm sorry, but they're the biggest brand and they can do whatever that. They can drop the hammer if they want to.
Speaker 2: What they're not gonna win, then they'll think about it. Around now with Bahamas, think about how many people are trying.
Speaker 1: What do you mean with right now? With Bahamas? They just got seventy two plus million dollars the price, But how can you say they're not gonna win. They're gonna win. Maybe they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Think of all the players that are here.
Speaker 1: You know who hurts the WPT hurts. Sure, they're main event dropped more than five hundred entries this year. The Irish poke Gropen is likely gonna be the one that hurts here, not the ws B Europe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'm trying to say is that if if they did their event a different time, they would get potentially ninety five percent of the play a pool instead of sixty percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I don't disagree with you. It would be lovely, Listen. It would have been lovely if like, for example, if I was thinking about going to play these events, I could go to Europe, I could go to Ireland, I could fire that. I could hop on over to Prague. I could fire that, and then I could head home, make a little swing out of the whole thing. Right now, Unfortunately, that's not how it's gonna be personally. If I was the rspoke Rope and I would move my event, okay, just like as I sent a text message and had a little conversation with a friend of the podcast, Matt Savage, I would have moved the WPT World Championship dates. I would have shifted it one day further and I would have tried to get everyone coming back from the Bahamas to fire that final flight, Like that's what I would have done, And yes, it's not ideal, and you do have to kind of, you know, back off, and you know in a way like you kind of have to be the bigger person here, Like you can't just be like, well I'm not moving because you're not moving, and then it's just this game of chicken and no one's gonna win there. So like, listen, the WSP's gonna do what the WSPEED does. They are the NFL of the industry, you know, whether we like it or not. They are the biggest and the best brand and that's where a lot of the value is and the biggest tournaments and that's what everyone knows and blah blah blah blah. That's we all have to just understand that. So you just have to kind of shift and you have to be willing to shift. I mean you know that more importantly than anyone because you're constantly like, well, if this changes, I'm going to change it whatever, like we could. I'm constantly trying to tell you times to like stand your ground and you're not, and you're always moving shit around. So you know, like if if if you were in charge of the Irish Poker Open here, you would probably say like, well, we got to move like we like, I'm Irish is too big for it to just get up Listen, I'm not. First of all, we can say this here on this podcast. We have no idea if like you know, the Irish Poker Open or any venue and operator whatever has convention space locked in, you know, events space, all that. It's It's understandably it can be a logistical nightmare if you have to move stuff, and sometimes it's not even possible, right, you know, Like we talk at times like well why don't they do the WPT World Championship earlier or whatever, But it's like you can't because there's that big Amazon conference or whatever in Las Vegas. It takes up basically the entire city. So like, you know, we get it. That said, I would still try try. I would I would exhaust all avenues to make it happen because I think at the end of the day, with with what we're seeing now, and we're going to get to some of this, you know in a second. But you know, with what we're seeing now is GG Poker owns the Dobis Ape, the biggest Brandon poker and they are just swinging left, right and center, so like you know, you can it's like just you got to start bobbing and weaving like that. Everyone else just has to start bobbing and weaving. That's that's just how it has to be. Okay, because these guys are in town every which place in the world and they're just they're dropping the hammer. So we we you know, including the PGT, we got to kind of just work around it, right, especially if they're going to be continuing to throw these huge guarantees at things sixty million dollars in the Bahamas, you got ten million here, like they're swinging for the fences.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean you even see things like, you know, for one person, David Baker was like, WUROP schedule looks great. Awesome, I'm a fan, Like it sounds like he's like gonna go. I didn't see David Baker saying that about the Irish proke open. Yeah, so it's like it's I mean, and I know that's obviously super small. Samul Sizes is one person that I happened to see say something on social media like but yeah.
Speaker 2: This is really up time. I just randomly searched like flights to Dublin from Vegas surprisingly cheap, because I was like, that'd always be pretty cool to go to Isle.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to go to the Irish Proke for sure. Well that's not better at all.
Speaker 2: Do you think they would, uh, you know, maybe want daily podcasts from the Icehbrooke group.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you should email them and they can sponsor this podcast if they pay for some of our stuff. I'm in, We're totally in. Let's go send out to a bunch of two dumb Americans over there and we'll make it happen. Yeah, but you're basically American now, sure, yeah, but yeah, let's say yes. I just I think that you just have to again, I think you have with what the ws AP is doing, you know, I think you just have to be willing to move things around, like you just have to be flexible and listen, it sucks. It sucks to move. I get it. We've had to move stuff on the PGT.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: You and I were just talking about with some of our events the other day, like, you know, it's just it's frustrating to constantly move and blah blah blah. But I mean, unless now, the other option is like you just have to basically fight fire with fire, and like, I mean the best example is as WPT tried to do it when they went to forty million on their guarantee. They missed. Now that event doesn't have a guarantee. So it's like, if you're willing to go toe to toe with the World Series of Poker right and like constantly put your neck on the line, your financial neck on the line because you know that's going to be large guarantees and whatnot, then Okay, I guess if that's what you want to do, then go right ahead. But other than that, you know, I think we just got to kind of work around you know, I say we because we obviously do the PGT stuff, so you know, we got to kind of work around what seems like a new era for the WACIPI and it's here to stay. So yeah, looking listen, I'm also not saying like like Irish poke rope and should not like move to like October, Like you know, it's just like we kind of if they can again, if they can, I know, some things might be locked in and it's just impossible, but you know, shifted a day or two here.
Speaker 2: When did you say, the main event in Europe starts the third, yes, so day two of the Irish pok Group and is April fourth, so you can probably you know, cash the Irish poke up and knowing Europe, I haven't spent much time there, but it's probably I don't know, probably get on a flight and be in Prague in an hour, so you could essentially still play both and just play like one of the later flights for WSP Europe and like looking at their schedule. The only thing after that that has a big guarantee is this two hundred See this is right, apparently the Minish the Mini Irish Open is a two hundred and fifty dollars million dollar like guarantee.
Speaker 1: I was like, does this thing have like is this thing being played online? Like what the hell is this turn they have?
Speaker 2: Look, they have online satellites, you know.
Speaker 1: Because their partnered with poker Stars for the Irish.
Speaker 2: You know what, these guys will be fine, they'll make they guarantee, just won't be as big as next year as as this year. Sorry, uh so they'll be fine. I will that, you know for dogs and young pops. I don't know what that is, but I.
Speaker 1: I will also say that. You know, in this shout up producer Rich Ryan, he's always kind of hammering this this point home. But you know, the Irish Poker Open, while it does have a bit of international fame and buzz to it, I mean it really is a regional slash local poker t yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and the w SP, well WSP Europe specifically, but the w SP brand, I mean that is like pretty much only an international like global brand, right, So you know, I think they kind of attract different player pools in a so you know, I think that I think that both will be okay. You know, it's not fun having this dropped on you if you are the Irish Proke Rope, and of course, like it's not fun, you're you're probably a little bit more uneasy about having to hit your guarantee. But I still think that they'll hit it. But I think the overall point, like what you're trying to make is you would love people to go they run deep in the Irish Proke Grope main event, maybe they cash for thirty K, they hop on over, they fire five bolts in the WSP Europe. Male Like, that's just kind of what we all want to see, right, and what we want to experience. So but but you know, we'll see. I mean, there's a crap ton of poker. It's there's poker everywhere, you know. You and I aren't going to talk about EPT Prog, but that thing's been running and doing some big numbers over there. So yeah, there's a lot to be had, and it's it's very interesting now to see how this landscape unfolds again with it's been a little over a year now since GG Poker acquired the WSP brand, and the swings that they are taking are highly evident, like they are high. They're headlining moves, and we are all seeing in that latest one today or one of the latest ones today because we're aout to talking about. The other one is that they dropped this WSP Europe schedule and it has this five five k euro ten million dollar guaranteed main event, which is freaking crazy. So as far as I'm concerned, WSP Euver is freaking back, okay, and I'm happy to see it because I love doubs B Europe. It was the prestigious brother of the WSP. All Right. The other piece of the news out of the WSP, WSP player of the year, everyone's been yelling, screaming, doing everything to be like, can we do prizes for the WSP Player of the Year, What the heck are we doing? Well, WSP today came out and said there will be a one million dollar total prize pool for the twenty twenty six WSP Player of the Year race. The race does include WSP Europe, which we just talked about, It includes the flagship WSOP Summer in Las Vegas, and it also includes WSP Paradise. So going back to that three series approach back when they had Europe, the Summer in Vegas, and then they had b Asia Pacific RIPWSP Asia Pacific. So now they're doing all three of these. Per the press release, the eventual Player of the Year winner will claim and enhanced one hundred KWSP Paradise package with a variety of other WSP packages and or tickets awarded to the top one hundred players on the leaderboard at the conclusion of the season. So if you head on over to WSP dot com, they have a whole landing page dedicated to well, they have a whole landing page dedicated to one WSP Europ which Tim and I just talked about. They also have a landing page dedicated to the new Player of the Year stuff. They have all the prizes listed on there, the details, They have past POY winners listed there. They have a calculator for the new WSP Player of the Year points calculator, so they have that all there. It does say that first place is going to get the hundre K Paradise package plus the POI title, but then it also says second and third are also going to get a hundre K Paradise package, which is interesting. That's the same. Then four through fifteenth are listed to get a thirty K Super Main Event package to WSIP Paradise. Sixteenth through fiftieth are going to get a five K Circuit Championship package which takes place at WISP Paradise, and then one of those players in that group will be randomly drawn to win a thirty K Super Main Event package upgrade, and then fifty first through one hundredth get two and a half K Circuit Championship ticket, and then randomly six players will be drawn from that group to get a five K package instead. So all of the million dollars that are being given outs are awarded via do WSP Paradise packages, which you know, kind of again going back to my original thought exercise of like what's the goal here, what's the plan here? To me, this is another piece of evidence that they could just be pushing everything to Dobspy Paradise. Yeah, so again, it's just it's just very interesting to see how it's all going.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I would assume I couldn't find it in there. But because the player of the erace includes WSB Paradise, all these packages should apply for twenty twenty seven, would be my guess. So there's no prize money next year because how can you award a package? Good point, right, it has the following year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how this changes things. Like let's I mean, we already talked about David Baker, like he's someone who if you guys listen to his podcast with Adam Schwartz Gamble Up the Gamble Up Pod, highly encourage you guys to go check that out. But you know, he talked about how he kind of hates what they're doing with the Dovaspy Paradise stuff, right, but now he said today seeing the WSP Europe schedule that he likes that, and he seems like he's likely going to make the trips. So let's say hypothetically Baker goes to Europe has a great run. Does his normal thing in the summer has a good run? Is he now going to chase Player of the Year and go to Paradise which he originally didn't really want to do?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: So does that switch that whole pathway up and kind of drive more people down to Paradise? Who knows? I mean, I guess we'll see how it all unfolds, but it could be interesting to see how that goes. What do you got thoughts here on Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: I should ask producer Rich to dig up some old audio files. But I'm said something very similar to this, you know, for Player of the Year, where they could I didn't say a million dollars, I said something a lot smaller. Bet you could basically change the Vegas Player of the Year that maybe it's a half a million dollar prize bowl that awards seats or tickets or packages into Paradise if Paradise is still going to be a thing. So obviously they listen to me made a little better. No, But I do like it because you know, like we've kind of touched on. All their eggs are in the paradise basket right now. I think we can both assume that they're going to try and go bigger and better every year down there. So for twenty twenty seven, maybe we do see you know, seventy five eighty million guaranteed and getting as many people down there in some capacity is definitely a plus four, you know, ensuring they can hit that big guarantee. So you know, people are going to say, we saw a tweet I think from Eric Baldwin saying, you know this, this is not very interesting. We saw something from Michael Munchek, who's a big, you know, Player of the Year chaser, that you know, this is tough. This makes it a lot tougher when you add Europe. You know, this really does only suit five, six, seven, eight players now.
Speaker 1: Five I think it suits one. His name is Sean Deep.
Speaker 2: No overt SHONDI Gran.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is the thing is with Daniel. The thing is with Daniel is that it's it's just dependent on if he goes to Europe. I mean, I don't I don't know if he's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Look the way he's been unattending our events. I think he's going to be basically only.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if you go back to the the another another r I P here, but the the w SP docu series but r I P. But you know, he talked in that about trying to have a kid and start a family and do all that sort of stuff. So like you know, when you're when you're moving to that stage of your life. I mean you and I know you can't just go gallivanting around Europe for a fucking week and a half, Like it's just hard. So you know, I think that you know where Sean Deep. You know, Shan Deep already has his kids like that, you know they're old, not not like super old, but you know they're older, and and the DOUBSIP is his thing, and he doesn't travel to other stuff or really play other stuff outside of DOUBISP events. You know, he's always gone to Europe. So now, you know, I think that this really just does benefit Sean Deep. And these tournaments for WSP Europe that we talked about. You know, maybe the stuff in the Bahamas is a little bit pricey for Sean Deep just because you know, not that he can't compete in those fields. I certainly think he can. I've just kind of wondered why he hasn't played all the super big buy and stuff, you know, but he's going to kind of value hunt, I guess. And you know he skipped some of the bigger stuff in the in the ws AP uh you know, areas you know in recent years, but the WAP Europe stuff, I mean, this is shandeb b all over it, right, So I think it certainly favors him.
Speaker 2: He's obviously the the the number one favorite. You know, you do have to still throw in, you still have to mention the grand You have to mention Benny Glaza. You know, you could mention Phil Sternheimer. You could throw in you know, Steven Shouldwick possibly you know Seth Davies, those kind of names. So yeah, it does shrink the list, you know, quite significantly when it comes to Player of the Year. And look, maybe they should have just kept it serious specific or add a few more. Remember that year, that one of the last years at the Rio where they did like the Velo no limit hold the Player of the Year, they did like the Midsteaks. You can still do a lot of that stuff, I think, adding you know, we see it on the PGT People love leaderboards, people love chasing trophies that aren't directly tied to winning a tournament. So you could add a bunch of this and really gamify, you know, everything with the World Series. You could have the leader boards at different different buying levels, different games, different stops. You could do a lot of different things to really you know, and still spend the same amount of money, just you know, split the prizes up. You know, maybe you're reserving those two extra big one hundred k ones for and you split them up and do them for the no limit leader boards and the midstakes and stuff. But either way that they've given out a million dollars to play, as you kind of really complain about free money.
Speaker 1: And then also in the news release, we did see it was down towards the bottom, but it's in there. The fifty seventh annual WSOP, so that's next year's WSOP. The dates were announced May twenty sixth through July fifteenth, and then WSP Paradise dates for twenty twenty six were also announced December first through eighteen. So for anyone out there listening who likes to plan well in advance, obviously you two, mister PGT Commissioner, those dates are out.
Speaker 2: So if I have been funny that everyone was like so ecstatic about WSP Vegas dates. They're the same every year, yeah, but everyone you know how people they just.
Speaker 1: Want to see it in paper. They want to see it announced, like you know, like that's just it's the same with the schedule. Like the schedule is if you're coming out to Vegas, if you're like a professional player, somebody's going to put in a high volume. I mean, the schedule is going to be largely the same. Maybe there's like maybe the Monster Stack is like shifted a week or two like here or there. But if again, if you're somebody who's coming out for the full six to seven weeks, what do you care what the actual schedule is. But like people just want to see it in print, Like just save up your three hundred k or whatever the hell you need in buy ins, book your airbnb, and then let's go. Cause it's like the schedule is going to be there, you know, like that that's just how it is. You know, early July is gonna be theasp ma an event, Like you know that that's just how it is. So again, you might get some shifts here there and some stuff. You know, sometimes they might shift like one of those events that happened at the beginning of the series last year, they kind of put it towards the end, and then they put some at the end towards the beginning. Like maybe they do a little bit of that, but for the for the most part, the schedule is largely the same every single year. So so yeah, I just always think it's funny, like you as people kind of like, oh my gosh, it's out, it's out. It's out. Yeah, well it's out. And then I did just want to touch on uh cause again it's been a little bit over a year now since GG poker acquired the WSP and just some of the highlights that we've seen under GG Poker's ownership. You know, right now we've got the WSP plus app is in Las Vegas. It was used here last year. I personally thought that it was awesome other than the fact that the font size was astronomical, but other than that, it was good. And I think that's a decent win because you know, we know how hard it is to get anything kind of approved in a gaming space here in Nevada and here in the US it tends to be a nightmare, but gg poker in the WSP, we're able to get that done. So that's a big win. The WASP plus app. Now another thing you know that we didn't talk about, but it did come out. The twenty twenty six WSP circuit schedule is out. It's available on WASP dot com. But included in that news is that the WSP plus app is going to be fully utilized at WSP circuit stops in twenty twenty six. So that's pretty cool and another big step in the right direction. There you've got the super main event is, as I said, that thing is now a behemoth. It is a real force. It looks like it is here to stay. And if they keep putting resources behind it like they seem like they are, I mean, this thing could just continue to go up, up and up. So they got that also a change, and you know a lot of people were complaining. You know a lot of the more international players, traveling players are like, I don't want to go to Rosbodov for WSP Europe. I don't like it there, all that sort of stuff. Well, WSB is moving WSP Europe out of Rosbudov, they put it in Prague, and they moved it to a different part of the year, and the schedule as of today looks pretty freaking awesome. And then also today announced they got a million dollars in prizes for the WSP Player of the ear Race. So you know, all those things have happened in about a year's time, just over a year's time now, you know, with Gigi's ownership of the w SP. So it's a brand that I think many would would agree was pretty stale and stagnant for quite some time. But it definitely looks like GG Poker is putting its fingerprints all over this thing and trying to improve it as much as possible and really just set it apart from everything else, as if it wasn't already set apart from everything else. I mean, I've always believed that, I've always said the WSB is the NFL of poker, and now with w or sorry, with GG Poker excuse me, you know, owning it and doing what they want to do with it, it just seems like there is no end in sight. So all that stuff has happened in a year, and who the heck knows where it's going to go from here, you know who else. Who knows what else they have, you know, coming down the pipeline. I would imagine many things. One of the things that I'm selfishly most interested in is like what they can do with the ws AP dot com online platform here in the stage, which I don't think that they've really touched it all.
Speaker 2: I can yeah, right, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Don't know, like what's the contract with you know, I think it's eight eight poker that's currently operating at eating It's like, what's the deal there? But you know, eventually like that would be great to see. So we'll see if if stuff happens there. But that's obviously you know, TBD. But overall, I would say that I would have to give them an a on the on the first year under ownership. I don't see how you can.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Wow, I get an agreed from Tim. There you go, man, in many words over there, all right, WPT World Championship that is happening right now here in Las Vegas. I guess a couple quick highlights you had. Eric Baldwin opened the series with a win in the eight hundred dollars buying million dollars guaranteed opening event or early event, or whatever the heck you want to call it. Baldwin taking home almost two one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for the win. There almost three thousand entries in that thing you had the WPT Prime Championship. It increased its field size by more than two hundred players. This tournament, to me and Tim and I are going to talk about it a little bit more in a second, but this tournament to me is for me personally, is the second best tournament in the world. That's what I'm gonna say. That's my tim. It had eight hundred and seventy six entries. Last year had nine, six hundred and seventy. There are six players remaining for the final table. They got to the final six. They're going to delay them for a little bit. They will play that final table on December twentieth. That will be live streamed, I believe, so you guys can watch it when that happens. Steven Song, who won this event once before, he finished eighteenth. Jeremy Becker, friend of the pod, shout out Jeremy, he got nineteenth. Both of them took fifty three thousand dollars. I didn't see how song busted, but I sure as hell saw how Jeremy busted. And it was not fun. Guy jammed the button, I believe. With Queen eight, Jeremy called big blind with Ace King and the guy flo up in eight and that was that. The WPT World Championship ten K main event. The numbers are in in terms of the field size. You had what was it, eighteen hundred and sixty five entries in this one, three starting flights in this tournament freeze out per flight, so you can be in for a max of three bullets. It's ten thousand, four hundred dollars on the buy in, something that I absolutely freaking hate with with WPT and wind do can you just make it ten k? Like can we just do that? Like what are we doing? Or it should be ten thousand plus six hundred, not this six, not this ninety or ten thy four hundred, and then only like ninety six or ninety one hundred goes into the prize bowl. It's just making it difficult for us. But that field size eighteen hundred and sixty five entries is down from last year five hundred and twenty six, which is a pretty big draw. I mean, obviously it dropped last year because they didn't have the guarantee, right, I mean this year it definitely seems like I mean, if I'm gonna say, there's the two biggest factors, one no guarantee and two ws be paradise, those have to be the two biggest factors. Like if you're like there's probably other factors, yes, but in terms of like a pie chart, I mean, what do you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could also throw in the the seats they were giving out last yea in the club WBT free roll.
Speaker 1: Oh true, true. I mean the lot of satellites were awesome, Like they gave out a ton of those, but but they had what one hundred or.
Speaker 2: Well there's one hundred. Yeah, there's a hundred seats given out in the in the frei roll.
Speaker 1: Knowing that, weren't they doing some stuff with the Mystery quest for the second chance.
Speaker 2: Drawing not to the same level. So if you're playing that, or you're on the fringe of playing the main event, hearing there's one hundred fish maybeing one of them winning a seat to get in, it does kind of swing, you know, swing you to potentially jumping in. So obviously you remove the hundred seats, maybe you remove another fifty players that were on the fence because of that. You know, it's it's a factor. It's a small one, but it's still a factor.
Speaker 1: Yeah about that mystery question. You know, I tried to fire a couple of flights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe I'm just too much of an old man now who doesn't know what he's doing. But I got on to Club to PT Gold, I couldn't figure it out within five seconds and I gave up. So I was all for it.
Speaker 2: I was just I fired to the first two flights, and then I realized that not only did I have to survive the first the five percent of that flight, I then had to make the five percent of the next flight. When every field combines. It seemed very tough, so I gave up. I saw people in for eighteen bullets. It was like wt's version of the Superman I guess people.
Speaker 1: In the bargain basement version of the Superman events.
Speaker 2: So I could have easily gone down that road, and I pulled out very early. I didn't want to have anything to do with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also kind of curious about what's gonna happen for like that piece of the WPT World Championship. You know, last year it was the big free role. This year it was Mystery Quest. So is it gonna be a third thing next year? Are they going to run back Mystery Quest?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How does that all factor out? You know something I'm also just kind of interested in. But anyway, back to the WPT World Championship, that ten k main event field that did dip by five hundred and twenty six players, but still more than two point five million dollars up top for the winner. The top two hundred and thirty three places are going to make the money. There were seven hundred and thirty three players returning for today's Day two. Sam Laskuitz PGT regular bag the chip lead. No idea how he's doing right now, but the best vanilla poker tournament player in the world, I'm sure he's doing simply incredible. Hopefully he's not out there starting he fights with anyone, of course, you know, you never know, you never know who's going to start just throwing down more than eighteen point two million dollars in the prize pool for this one. I guess I'm just gonna ask you the question sir, are you starting to worry about this event declining? Yeah, I mean this is a big drop. This wasn't like fifty players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know we keep hopping on WSB Paradise going bigger and better. Here it feels like WPT is going in a way the other way obviously when not falling.
Speaker 1: Let me just jump in and say that the other way for this ten came in because everything else is great, highlighted by the prime.
Speaker 2: They removed the guarantee, so that's one thing. But then the Club wt stuff's also gone down. You know, we have the ten million dollar free row obviously, so a lot of money given out this year with Club WBT, but just much five Yeah, just much harder to get. I think that has the factor that they're going down. So you know, it's an interesting time. Do they want to make any changes to this main event? I think a lot of people on Socialism saying no, it's great. You know, the one entry per flive is perfect, don't change it. Like you touched on a little earlier, maybe be the bigger man or the bigger tour. And you know, i'veset your dates just slightly just so you can capitalize on people traveling back, We've seen a lot of big names already on their way back. You know. We saw josh Ario tweet out something that he was landing in time for Day one Sea and his wife was going to basically hadn't seen him in two weeks, but was going to pick him up, drive him straight over to the wind so he could jump in on one Sea. He probably got to have a lot of other players like that coming back today, even after cashing. So if you had run the event over, say this upcoming weekend. You know, it's the very end of the series, I get it, but you do have that chance to capitalize on people coming from Bahamas. And look, Bahama's dates are out now you touch on December first, eighteenth. You know, that seems where they could potentially start planning around the main event. They're not going to know the main event days Paradise for a while, but they can kind of probably predict it and say, hey, look, you know, we're gonna assume it's going to be here, so let's push outs a little later so we can try and get more people and actually bring this back up you know, onto the you know, back to where it kind of was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's been a lot of talk about the value of this WPT World Championship event. I've talked with a lot of people about it. I'm starting to agree a bit more that this is right up there with the WSP main events. I did have a couple of people tell me that this was even better than the Spain event in terms of value, and if they could play one ten K in the world for the rest of their lives, they would play this one versus the w SPE main event. I don't think they're idiots. I don't think I can get there just yet, but I understand their point and some of their points are And this is again shout out producer rich Ryan. I know he's been on this take forever, but the w SPE main event structure in Las Vegas is almost too good in the sense that it's too hard for like a more recreational player to thrive. Not that you're not going to get the breakouts here and there, but on the whole, you know, once you're playing two hour levels for ten days straight, I mean, it's the like the cream is going to rise. That's just how it is. And the WPT World Championship structor is still a very very good structure. It's sixty minutes on day one, it goes to ninety minutes on day two, so that's still a very slow structure. But you know, you start a little bit shallower with two hundred big blinds. It's a little bit faster to start all that sort of stuff. So when a structure is a little bit faster and there's more variance involved, it's just going to allow lesser players to be able to kind of get lucky and win more, you know, so you have that aspect of things. Somebody else made the point to me that, you know, the WSP main event in Las Vegas is that one tournament where strictly cash game professionals will go out of their way to play where they won't play other ten ks. They won't They just don't bother with them. They they'd rather, you know, spend their week playing a cash game because you know, in order to like, you might play three four days in a tournament and like double your buying, So it's just not worth it to them. But the WSPE a event with the structure that's so good, it's much more like a cash game in terms of a format because it's just so long and extended, and the fact that you know you can win ten million dollars up top, you know you're going to get a lot of really good players that come out. Where I break from it is like again going back to what we talked about, like way back at the beginning of the pod, and I know we're running super long with this, but whatever. At least I didn't promise that it was going to be a short one. But uh, like, if somebody's going to play a ten k, if you're gonna save up and play a ten k, you're saving up to play the WSP main event and trying to like trying to get past that is very hard. So you're gonna have I don't know, two three thousand like dreamers and shot takers whatever the number is in that event, and I feel like that makes up for the fact that the WPT World Championship is a bit smaller. So so yeah, I mean it's it's I still think the WPT World Championship, this edition of it is elite. It's awesome. I would love for them to find some sort of way to bring back a guarantee, you know. I think that's I think that's the natural next step for this event, you know, because I just I don't know, I just fear that it's gonna kind of keep going the other way if what WSP is doing down in the Bahamas can continues to go their way, because it there are no signs that they're slowing down none whatsoever. So you know, you got to kind of fight with that if you're the WPT. So you know, part of it is what you said, adjusting the schedule so it works better in that sense, bringing back the guarantee, and I mean Tim and I thought it was crazy to begin with when they went to forty million, Like that was nuts, Like they didn't need to do that. You know, maybe just have twenty you know, maybe push to twenty five whatever, and that's kind of the guarantee, and that's it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I also think that, you know, part of it is maybe they just really start to lean more into this Prime. I mean, this Prime is like the greatest fucking tournament. I mean it's so good and like it's now had a couple of years where it's run eleven hundred dollars buying five million dollars guarantee. I mean I would I would honestly, try and push that thing to ten million. Like, I think that's like if if WSP Paradise is going to go one way with these insane high rollers and endless bullets and all this sort of stuff, like, then go the other way, focus on prime and just try and attack like you know, the mid major types of play.
Speaker 2: Why not? Okay, going on that point, why don't we change the main event to a five K ten mil? We think the five k is a good price point here. We've talked about this a lot.
Speaker 1: My problem is, yeah, but like my problem with that, and I don't even know if it's my problem, but I would say that the problem that the WPT might have is that the WPT World Championship like that event. First of all, the fact that they're even at ten k, when that event used to came out yeah and made its name as a twenty five k, like, so yeah, I I just don't know if you diminish the WPD World Championship event brand by going to a five.
Speaker 2: K something, you could argue that it's already been, that's already happened when they jumped it to ten and when they.
Speaker 1: Remained Listen, I think, honestly it's pretty perfect the way it is right now. I app love it. You know, there's two things I don't like about it, Okay, three things. One the fact that it's ten point four. The two things that I'm about to say are kind of jokes. The fact that it's ten point four I think is ridiculous, but that's kind of a joking. Take two, I think the chips are outrageously bad. Okay, other than that the event is late. Now. The one thing that I actually think like really hurts them and that I don't like about it, it just doesn't have a guarantee, Like I think it has to have a guarantee, but I think the three starting flights freeze out per flight. The structure of it, you know, start I could honestly even argue maybe you go like forty sixty ninety with the structure, like you know, or like forty sixty seventy five like nineties, like I mean that's a lot, but anyway, or like sixty seventy five ninety something like that. But I think it's really really an elite event. It's also at an amazing venue right in my backyard, so I'm going to be partial to that. But the win is also an incredible venue they have in the ballroom space. It's just freaking amazing. The only problem with having in the ballin space is these people that want to order drinks. It's seventeen dollars for a glass of Chardenay. I heard that the other day when this lady ordered at my table, I was like, what in the world is going on? But anyway, I mean, the only thing that I think they need to do is like try and just find more satellite winners, So whether that's leveraging WPT Global Club, WPT Gold or the live ones that run in Las Vegas at the wind but then also bring in a guarantee, like reintroduce the guarantee and listen, honestly, maybe you just come in with fifteen million to start. Maybe you just kind of try and reset the whole damn thing. Fifteen million next year, you know, fifteen million plus we're guaranteeing five hundred satellite winners something like that, right, which I think you can get to. I mean, they probably have two hundred satellite winners just from the live satellites themselves, So going to five hundred when you have the two big online platforms, I don't think is too crazy, you know, And then and then maybe the next year, if it goes well, you bump that guarantee to twenty million, you know, and then you maybe maybe you go up to twenty five, et cetera, and you kind of grow it that way. But you know, other than that, I mean, I think that event is great. I just fear my fear because I love that event so much.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 1: Without the guarantee and again, with the direction that WSP Paradise is going, maybe we just start to see this trend that we don't want to see in this event just continues to lose one, two, three, four, five hundred players every single year. And that's just a bummer, right prime Is that that tournament is freaking awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: And I guess you and I can talk about that now we both cashed in it. Shout out to us. I absolutely positively f and blew it at the end. I just I just I tried to be a hero and I didn't need to be and I butchered it. And yeah, I screwed up big time. I would say that I was I played a plus in every single hand I played until my bust out hand and then my bust out hand was a fucking f minus. Okay, that like, it was just it was just stupid. And there's the biggest moment and I blew it and I'm mad at myself for it. But it is what it is. That's just I need to I don't know, I need to learn to get past it and I need to be able to fix my mistakes in the moment. But you know, that's that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I didn't blow anything. I was short, so my decision were pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you you listen, you send me some hand histories, you blow it.
Speaker 2: A lot, okay, like wait, which event was that? Anything?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: That was the six hundred.
Speaker 1: But you send me but you like, can you just play to win? For the love of God? Like, holy hell? Do you ever bluff? Like I mean, I say, I say that Buffand which bluff suited?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've never done anything. So four of the five suited.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it like button versus big blind like this a small blind whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I mean we were both in for two bullets. I made one page jump, he made several.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I cast two hundred and fourteenth place out of nine thousand, eight hundred and seventy six.
Speaker 2: Eight, twenty seventh or something.
Speaker 1: I think I hadn't. I had a really really good day one I fired two bullets. As you said, I also like the setup with this. It's a it's an eleven hundred dollars buying But again I also hate the fact that it's like nine to sixty goes on the price. What are we doing here? But anyway, it's eleven hundred dollars buy in, it's four starting flights, and it's maximum two entries per flight, which I think is incredible. Like, yeah, I mean, eighty eight hundred dollars all in, if you fire all bullets is still you know, a good chunk of money. But that's not like unattainable, Like that's like, you know, if you're if you're if you're a if you're kind of you know and around between five hundred and one case, and that's kind of your your average buy in like to be able to to sell a little bit of action or whatever and get in, get in there if you have to fire max. Just because this tournament is so good, I think it's just so worth it. I love the structure of the thing. I think it's great. I really do so you know.
Speaker 2: My my only gripe I think is you know a lot of these win events, this this series starting at eleven am. These are going very late one thirty am. Obviously the restart on date.
Speaker 1: You know, if you beat mine didn't go late.
Speaker 2: He was, yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: I was the earliest one.
Speaker 2: Was the early one. Everyone else was late. I played.
Speaker 1: We didn't even have to play hand for hand. They started announcing it and then everyone's you guys.
Speaker 2: I was one day we finished at say one thirty I think in the morning, and then we had to be back by you know, eleven, I think there's you know, we're playing down at twelve and a half percent. I'm wondering, you know, if they that's a long day. I wonder if we can feel like we can shrink. Obviously there's a dinner break.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, the same week dinner breaks start the fucking hashtag print the T shirts. I don't feel like, can we stop with this nonsense with the goddamn dinner breaks.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous.
Speaker 1: It's outrageous. The second thing that I would probably entertain doing with this event, I might pay fifteen percent, yeah, and just figure it out, because.
Speaker 2: Nine they're not going to get that big number, even that two and a half percent, you boss, you know they're going to jump in say you might not get nine, you might only get nine thousand instead of ninety eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, could you could you steal the piece of the WSP playbook and cash fifteen twelve and a half percent make the next day so you can multi Yeah? Just I mean, I'm just throwing ideas out there, you know, like.
Speaker 2: I would even know if anything I would prefer.
Speaker 1: A part of the part of the day went. Part of the issue that leads to longer day ones is that when an event like WPT Prime has success and becomes such an important, prominent tournament for people, they want to cash it, they want to do well in it, which then slows things down as you get to the bubble, right like like it's kind of this weird thing where like the event is doing so well that it becomes so important for people to want to get into the money to be like, yeah, I cashed Prime. I cashed Prime.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: A lot of the conversation, a lot of the conversation at the tables is like, oh, how'd you do in Prime? How'd you do in Prime, like it's the WPT ten K World Championship main event, and then it's Prime like and it's like, how do you do prime? How do you do Prime? Like that's what the conversation is. Like the event has gotten so good in terms of like brand power that people want to cash this thing, which then you get to the bubble and it's like everyone's just locking down because they want to cash this one K where it's like, you know, at the end of the day, it's like it is just a one K, you know, but it's it's gotten to be this this insanely big, prestigious one K that everyone wants to do well in it. So like, yeah, it slows things down. And also the fact that I think that like I mean it is eight bullets, yes, but it's still limited, like it's cap it's not just unlimited, so like people know like okay, like maybe I only brought four bullets, like I'm on my third, like I want to make it happen, So they just they just kind of tend to slow things down. Yeah, but you know, overall, I think again, I think this event is just absolutely great.
Speaker 2: I think it's you know, definitely an event like it's an event you have to put on your schedule that you can't miss, you know, whether it's your you're doing one bullet, you know. I went in planning just to play one bullet. You were like, no, you have to play two. So I put in a second.
Speaker 1: You have to play fucking eight. Okay, Like the event is too goes dude, how many times? How many tournaments in the world can you put in one K and win more than a million dollars? Yes, but I, I mean, honestly, do not have.
Speaker 2: Eight bullets to my name when it comes to pocast.
Speaker 1: Sell some action, but yeah, it's as bad as you play still, buy ten whatever, and you will text me all the hands and I will tell you you're a fucking idiot, and he's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you kind of missed this event at all. And then we both cashed the six hundred.
Speaker 1: And then we both cast the six hundred as well. You said the bar I decided to blow you out of the water once again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: And then I tried to win the tournament early on day two, and I did not win the tournament early on day two.
Speaker 2: I think we probably I didn't know how much you cashed for we might have cashed for the same amount though, even.
Speaker 1: Though thirteen seventeen.
Speaker 2: Oh I no, I made the next jump thirteen.
Speaker 1: Welly, lucky you, lucky you for.
Speaker 2: Thirty five dollars. I feel rich.
Speaker 1: I mean I I I played a huge I tried. I played at one point one million ship pot. I mean it's like, you know, I might have been up there with the chip leaders. I for sure would have been up there with the chip I don't know if I would have been the chip leader if I won the hand, but yeah, it was that was a sick one to lose. And even though the guy called in the turn called my jam, I mean I had seventeen out, so it was like whatever. But yeah, you know, one day i' hit a seventeen outer and then actually like run deep in a tournament.
Speaker 2: But that that was also in a pretty incredible event too.
Speaker 1: Size Yeah what you you played Day one A. It had two starting flights, So this was a six hundred dollars buy in two hundred and fifty K guarantee with two starting flights. Yeah, Tim's flight had five hundred and like fifty or five hundred and sixty entries. Mine had like eight seventy. Yeah, I mean they blew this two hundred fifty dollars guarantee out of the water and fifty K guarantee out of the water.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifteen k for first. The guy that won was the guy that knocked me out, and we both commented on the level of playing this six hundred was I'm interesting watching.
Speaker 1: It's interesting watching. I mean I told you how I got all my chips.
Speaker 2: I mean it was I know, it was just it was wild and wild.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't like, I didn't have to do too much, but it was. It was definitely it was a lot of crazy. I mean there's a lot of craziness happening in this entire series, even the prime. The prime is just like, I don't even know what people are doing. But yeah, anyway, good stuff. There's still a lot more poker to go. There's you know, there's an eleven dollars two million dollar guarantee that started today at the win. You know, they got a three I think it's a three K three million dollar guarantee. I mean it's just like it's just NonStop. Venetian's got a whole ton of stuff going on. So yeah, It's just the whole thing is just uh wild. It really is just just a wild. Do you want to do card rankings or you want to do community cards?
Speaker 2: Do community cause? Is that ties in with what we just discussed?
Speaker 1: I think, all right, cool, so let's do community cards. You got a jingle, right, yeah, holiday season, we got to play the jingle, So let's go play the jingle.
Speaker 2: And let's go.
Speaker 4: Attention, attention, good morning, good afternoon, and good evenings of the Poker radio audience near and far. It is now time for a brand spanking, spiffy and new shout out to some of our most loyal listeners. Likely got a bit too lucky on the way to the spotlight. You're listening to the number one poker show in the land, and it's time for a new edition of the Poker Gold podcast Community Cards.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you got for me? Don't even know what this is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do. Day one day at Prime, I'm sitting over in the corner the ballroom. I see for Go podcasts. I'm like, oh, look, poker Focus. His table breaks, My table breaks. I end up drawing his table, you know, over in the other side of the ballroom, and you know, normally I have a mustache and I have long hair. You know, I don't have the mustache right now, so I look a little differently, and I had glasses on when I was playing. I sat next to him. He looked at me. I said, nice heart, and he says, thank you. I don't think you realized who I was. And then a little bit later he says, you know, kind of strikes up a conversation with me. So we're chatting. He's wearing the podcast hat. He's got like six big but he's grinding six big blinds. We're like sixty from the money in the prime. On day one day, he ends up. You know, we talked about the hat. He's you know, he had all the hats. You know, I'm saying, yeah, we've got some new stuff hopefully coming out next year, blah blah, Like I said, six big bines. He takes the hat off. I noticed this, I'm saying. He takes the hat off, puts in his bag, He gets a shove through, gets another shove through, gets a double up. He ends up bagging more than me. And you know I was telling you how I was playing with him. I saw him the next day and when we were both kind of waiting for day two. He wasn't wearing the hat and we walked past, and I'm kind to make a comment, Hey, you know this is the pucket. He goes, yeah, he took off his hat and he started winning every hand and he goes, oh, I was hoping he didn't notice that, and he goes, oh, I noticed that. But yeah, shout out spin. I think it's Spen Peterson. He ended up finishing four hundredth in prime for like three and a half k outlasted last you.
Speaker 1: That's all that matters. I'll yeah, yeah, he'll last me. But good on spin, How last did you? Because he actually played hands.
Speaker 2: And then I saw him in the six hundred on one A. He did not bag chips that day, but yeah, shout out to him for wearing the podcast. How saying hi? I had another person sayalo as well, Yeah, keep wearing the keep repping the puck podcast has not anything for me, but it seems to do some stuff for other people out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, shout out Spen. All right, next up, let's do let's do card rankings. Okay, so the reason why I wanted to do this one. You love your fucking rankings things. Two. I've been having a lot of conversations about these cards that the win uses during the WBT World Championship Series. They are the Faded Spade f SX cards. I believe it is what they are, and I personally think they are the best playing cards in poker.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's really close. I love them. I feel like I've had at least a dozen dealers comment about how they hate the cards. I don't really know what other players are saying, but I think they are so good, so so good. What do you think? Sorry, I had to get over. I had to reach over because I actually had to grab a pack.
Speaker 2: How do you have a pack?
Speaker 1: Unbelievable because I'm pretty sure. I went to the website fucking Fadedspade dot com, which everyone can do that too, you know, no free ads, but free ad shout out Tom Wheaton, and I bought them. Look Queen four, just like Phil Helmy Queen four.
Speaker 2: The reason I like these cards They feel really nice on the hands, that's great, but I like the way the crispness of the letters and the numbers when you when you squeeze them.
Speaker 1: So the index on the cards look, I got a couple of kings right here. The index on the card is is it's slightly larger then than you normally see with like the copags or the bicycles or whatever that like are commonly played with, but it's also not so large that it's jumbo index if I have to look at another damn jumbo index card. When I sat down at the napt Las Vegas in my first tournament and I fucking looked at my first hand and I was did not remember that they use jumbo cards at resorts, I wanted to flip the table over.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It is outrageous to use jumbo cards in a poker tournament that is not a three hundred dollars buying seven cards stud event. I'm sorry, like that that's just how it has to be.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: But these are slightly larger, which I think that they're great. They're actually kind of like I don't know if like I don't know if this will come through on the video, but like they're kind of like they're narrow, so they squeeze nicely. The card itself is nice and freaking firm, like they don't really bend at all. Like I just love them Now, I will say that I'm not a dealer. I'm not in the box pitching these all day and having to shuffle them and whatever. They are pretty slippery, which is probably some of the issues that the dealers have with them. But I think these cards are the freaking best. So these are my number one. But I also don't think. I don't think Win uses these all year. I think they only use them for the WPT World Championship. I think as a partnership with Fated Space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't play enough at the wind too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they don't. They don't because yeah, so what's is this your number one?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Hands down? Uh? It's I mean we need.
Speaker 1: I'm fucking texting Tom Wheaton after this, the owner and founder of Face. But I'm like you, we need a promo code because we are talking the world out of your freaking cards.
Speaker 2: Man. You know you talk about the nap T cards with the bigger faces. They don't bother me as much for two reasons. One I used as you play like an old man. No, I understand them, like I used to play a lot of makes, so I've seen the bigger cause they have above me. But back home in Australia. That's why we use at Crown. So I grew up with you know, if you get your probably remember from when you were there. I grew up with those bigger cads, so I liked them when I came to When I came to America in two thousand and seven and played you know, at Harris but the Mirage, and I saw these little CODs, I thought I was gonna blind. So I don't. They don't bother me as much as they bother you shout out second on the rankings, I feel either the CODs of the Venetian, I'm not sure what they are exactly, but I'm a.
Speaker 1: I don't know what those cards are. I should actually ask Tommy l Rosa. I have them as my number three.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what could be number two?
Speaker 1: Number two?
Speaker 2: Is gonna say?
Speaker 1: Number number one is obvious. Number two to me is obvious.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the number two?
Speaker 1: Then the w SP copad cards, yeah, okay, those are elite. They are elite.
Speaker 2: I just don't use them that much.
Speaker 1: So I mean they're like they're also like they're perfect sizing. They're not too small, they're certainly not too big, like I like the way that the indexes look like.
Speaker 2: You know. Look, the only downside with those is sometimes you find you know, this year we were playing with WSB twenty twenty four decks.
Speaker 1: Who cares.
Speaker 2: I'm just we're gonna have a con. That's the con.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I love the WSB Cope cards, so those are my my number two. And then the Venetian cards, which I don't I thought it was faded Spade, but I don't know if it's faded spade, like they might use faded spade, they might use faded spade ones in the streaming room. And when I've done commentary, I've noticed that the faded spade. But yeah, I gotta figure out what cards Venetian uses. We should we should?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm trying to look if I have a picture of the cards. I do, but yeah, it doesn't really say anything on it. But yeah, those cards in uster.
Speaker 1: And then I'm not sure there is another like everything then it's everything else is like what I have, like literally everything else.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what's on the A very low card. I have to put it very low on the list, the south Point card. I haven't played there in a long time.
Speaker 1: Haven't played there in a while either, so I don't even know.
Speaker 2: It's much hot a to squeeze. So they lose, they lose a few points for their thickness.
Speaker 1: I mean, anything that uses jumbo is just immediately like you're at the bottom of the list. Does I've never played like cash at Resorts World? Do they use those cards like all the time? They're just the worst?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't think they do. Maybe it's just the pokusars event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but those you just can't can't use those cards. So yeah, those are our card rankings. I love the Faded Spade f SX cards. I love the Kopak wsp cards.
Speaker 2: You know what the next rankings we have to do?
Speaker 1: You're I was gonna say, I was going to say the same sort of thing. So I'm wondering if you're going to say the same thing that I am.
Speaker 2: Should be Vegas chipset.
Speaker 1: Ranked boom, so exactly what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: Because you know, ve Nation has multiple chip stacks, Wind has multiple ship sets yea.
Speaker 1: And the World Championship at the bottom. That's I think the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can't.
Speaker 1: I think you have to use, like, no, those chips are just they're so there's there's.
Speaker 2: Well, then we have to include all the w s Pation standard chip sets because the set were used in the six hundred for WS for the the Win. I don't like those because the the five hundreds of thousands or whatever it is of the same color.
Speaker 1: I used to set in the eleven hundred dollars Mega satellite, Milestone satellite, whatever the hell it is at the wind the other day that I've never used before ever, I've never even seen. And those are pretty good. They are worlds better than whatever they use in the Prime and the WPT World Championship. My biggest issue with the ones that are used in the Prime and the WT World Championship is like the brand person, the marketing person in me is the printing on them. It's blurry yea like? How like if I were to have purchased them and got those, I would have immediately sent them back and been like, no, redo these chips, What the hell is this? I want crisp lettering, Like, come on them.
Speaker 2: They don't have to pay for the full thing, so that does help.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't care. Come on, what is the win is elite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wind normal set is elate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wind normal set is elite.
Speaker 2: The Venetian colors the Venetian the colors of the chips very good.
Speaker 1: Well, the colors of the Venetian cash game chips.
Speaker 2: Are no, we're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well we should give some thoughts to that and then we'll talk about that ranking on the We.
Speaker 2: Need accompanying pitches though, figure that out. Yeah, I mean we probably have enough pitches on our phone. Yeah, we can find it on social He's got a lot of good chip sets too. Well, that should be a separate it's separate ranking that should be ranked. We took photos of all of them this year and there was like thirty eight differ and chips, so like that's its arm rank.
Speaker 1: I will say that the ones in Paradise have They've been growing on me. I don't like, I don't know how they feel. I don't know how they look up close, but I'm starting to really dig them looking at the streams and sad and I also think they fit the vibe, you know, they look they look like you're supposed to be in the Bahamas. So yeah, that's good. We also want to hit on a family pot because of course, why not. It's holiday season. Sure, so let's play the music for that one, and then we'll come on back and we'll give a family pot.
Speaker 2: It's time for.
Speaker 1: Family, all right. So I had my whole Bravo con situation that I talked about, you know, the whole twenty five hundred dollars. I don't know if you can see this, but here my lover Boy hat. This is a twenty five hundred Bravo Con hat. This is my my uh my, you pay twenty well no, but my my wife went to the event and you know, obviously paid twenty five hundred dollars, but she brought me this hat. So I feel like I won.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Kyle from Summerhouse has.
Speaker 2: A brand, like I'm supposed to know that name.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just talking to the people. Kyle from Summerhouse has a brand. It's like a I don't even know, Like I don't even know what to call them. Lover boy, it's like an alcoholic drink.
Speaker 2: It's like a truly got it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I'm repping the band brand right here, lover boy. It's amazing. When I was in line the other day to register for an event at the wind. The woman was like, love your hat. I said, oh you're you're a fan. She's like, oh yeah, I know exactly what that is. I was like, perfect, I'm in there, let's go. Basically, this cost me twenty five hundred dollars. All right, So my family pot involves a little family trip out to Enchant, which is at the Las Vegas Ballpark. Here in Vegas. We try and go, I think every single year. My wife just texted me because she's upstairs working, and she said, it's a seltzer. That's the word that I couldn't think of lovably. So anyway, I've never had one. Though, I have no idea if they're good or not, but I'm gonna take everyone's word for it and say that they're decent. So anyway, we go to in Chant the other night my parents are in town and make a whole thing out of it. Bring the kids, blah blah blah whatever. They turned the whole Las Vegas Ballpark into basically a giant Christmas village. They got trees, lights, The sole center part of the ballpark is it's a it's a maze, you know, holiday vibes are going. They got shops all around they got food games, you know, the whole thing. This year they had a new giant slide thing, a tube slide, which was yeah, multiple stories. You know, you get on a tube, you go down, it's like snow and ice mostly ice whatever. Cool. Fine, my daughter really wanted to go on it. She locks in working to go great. I'm like, I'll take her, fine, whatever. So I'm also just gonna say that I already know what people are gonna say about this story, about this version of family pot but I'm just gonna say upfront that it's completely on me for ignoring my parental instincts. Okay, that is that. You know, I listened to a four and a half year old. I should not have done that as a forty one year old man. But here I am. So that said, I will not continue. We do the whole ticket thing, We get in line, the line's like, you know, winding around the whole thing whatever. It's like looking like, okay, we're gonna be here ten fifteen, maybe twenty minutes whatever. Five minutes in she starts like doing the wiggle. We all know, the freaking wiggle. I know she has to go.
Speaker 2: To the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, you have to go to the bathroom. She says yes. I'm like, okay, we have to get out of line, obviously, go to the bathroom. She doesn't want to get on a line because she wants to go on the slide. I'm like, well, why don't we just go to the bathroom, we'll come back, we'll wait again, whatever. She doesn't want to get out. She's adamant that she'll be fine, and again she's four and a half. This is where I screwed up because I just said, no, we're just going to the bathroom. We don't go to the bathroom. I can't believe it, but I actually trusted her judgment in this situation, and my kind of my thought process was like, well, maybe i'll just wait like a couple of minutes and see if she gets better. Two three minutes later, whatever the heck, she's like wiggling again. I'm like, okay, we got to go to the bathroom. So now I'm just now I'm like, okay, we're going to the bathroom, like end of story. But she doesn't want to go. She starts kind of throwing a little fit. She doesn't want to go. She's like, no, I'll be fine, I'll be fine. I'll be fine, and she stops the wiggling. She's just standing there. I'm like, okay, maybe I'll give her another three to five minutes and whatever. And of course I'm in my head, I'm like, well, we're wasting ten minutes in the line. We're gonna have to get out go to the bathroom eventually, and then we're gonna have to come back and wait back in the line. So it's just kind of the whole thing's just annoying to me already anyway. Whatever, So I'm like, all right, well, let's just see how things play out. We go through the whole line. She's good the rest of the way, no more wiggling. She doesn't bring up a to go to the bathroom. She can tell. She's like getting excited to go on the slides. Cool, you get a wristband, you get three slides with the ticket. So she doesn't know you get three slides with the ticket. I do. And I'm like, okay, we'll go once and then I'll go to the bathroom and maybe she'll be done with the slides. Maybe she won't, but we'll see how the first one goes. Worst case, we have to like go to the bathroom and then come back and finish our two more. If we don't, then you know, I only went once, I paid for three times. Who cares, I'll burn twenty bucks. It's not the end of the world. Again, I'm feeling good. I just made some money back with this twenty five hundred oars hat so gravy in my life. Also, like this tube slide thing is like everyone goes by themselves, like all the kids go by themselves. So she's got to go by herself. So there's a chance she might just like freak out, get completely scared, and then never want to go on it again. So whatever. We get up to the top, you got to climb up like three flights of stairs. You get to the top platform, I put her in her tube, I push her down, I go down, boom, everything's cool. She's like she was both at the bottom like I'm scared. I was scared, but I liked it. She wanted to go again, like okay, fine, no incidence with the bathroom. I'm like, okay, I think we're in the clear. Fine, back up the stairs we go. We got our tubes. We're at the very top. Now I'm like setting up the two tubes. You just put them down at the top and then you sit in them. As I'm setting the tubes down, she starts yelling, Daddy, daddy, I'm pean. I turn around. It is like a waterfall coming out of the bottom of her coat, bottom of her dress, all over like her pants. It's just like streaming down her legs. I'm just like, oh my god, like what is happening. I'm kind of like looking around to see if well, first, I'm like looking around to see if anyone's noticing. No one's noticing. Everyone's like putting their stuff in their tubes. There's one like employee on the platform. He's like on the other side. He could give two craps about what is actually happening on the platform. Like I could have like ripped my clothes off and like went down naked and he would have not cared anyway. So she's freaking out. So I'm like, okay, whatever. So I'm just like I'm basically like, okay, well, I'll just let her pee, Okay, So I just let her pee, and then what am I gonna do? Like all these people are like coming up this like narrow staircase and everyone's got tubes, and the tubes are big, you can't really go down. So I'm like, well, okay, our only way down is gotta get in the tubes, right, okay. Whatever. So I put her in the in the thing in the in the tube, and I just push her down and then I go down right behind and I get down to the bottom, and I'm like, okay, like we made it, like whatever. But she's like she's not getting out of the tube, and so like she's in front of me, and I'm just like, oh my god, she's probably peeing again. Probably the fact that now she's scared and she's freaking out, she's whatever. So I like have to like lift her up. Then I realize that these tubes aren't like your normal tubes. They have like this kind of cover on them where the bottom is all also rubber, so the whole thing is basically like a pool of p Now, so I'm just like, holy shit, what, Like I am such an idiot of a parent, Like what am I doing? She's covered in pe, she's she's walking like she's a cowboy who's been on a horse for twelve hours. Like she's like she can't move, you know, like she's got wooden legs, and like the whole I'm trying to find someone. No one's around, Like it's just this whole thing. So then I like I'm trying to walk off, and like where this thing is in the ballpark. There's like this big walkway like up top, and like everyone's like watching everyone go down these things, watching their friends, their family members, whatever, And I'm just there, like literally dumping out a tube full of p and everyone's probably looking at me like, who the f is this a hole? And what the hell is going on? The whole thing was just just it was It was incredible. But again it's it's largely my fault because I should have just took her to the bathroom. I trusted her not to go and that was my era there. But holy hell. So that's it. Welcome to enchant. I find a guy on the I find a guy. What's that?
Speaker 2: Welcome to parent Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I find a guy on the end at the end, and I'm like, listen, this is what happened. Whatever I mean, he could be he could not have been any less interested in what the hell was going on. He's like, just go put it behind the shed over there, I'm like, okay, so I like, go put the two behind the shed. Then I have to bring my daughter out. We have to obviously get her changed. My wife goes into the bathroom to take her or change. She comes out. She's wearing my wife's shirt as like a dress now because like all her clothes and everything were coming. It was just the whole thing was a disaster. But but she loved the slide. She had a good time. So I guess, so I guess you know, it was just a little bit of pee whatever, no big deal. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you got a family. Potter was the only one I do not. Okay, Well, you know, bravo kan last time, uh you know, peeing at the top of the tube slide it enchant this time. Lord only knows what the hell's gonna happen next time, but you know, we'll figure it out as we go.
Speaker 2: I had something similar once for a ferris wheel, and we got up to the top or near the top, and then we just went We just left went to pay and then came back in line. But it wasn't like in Chant with the line. There's probably hundreds of people date. This was, you know, one spin in the fairest wheel. So sometimes he's gonna make that gut decision right, and you just sometimes doubt yourself on should you just wait or should you, you know, stay stay in line.
Speaker 1: I think that's gonna do it for us. What do you think? You don't even know how long we've been? Two hours? Oh my god, Rich is gonna kill me. I can't wait? Sorry, Rich, Ryan, Well, it was a great show though.
Speaker 2: At least he doesn't have to edit the video, just audio. No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll send them in the video too.
Speaker 2: No, we from home sitting in the dock office.
Speaker 1: Who cares. He'll frame it all nice. It'll be a whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, not video. Rich.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever, all right, that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So Yo, rednight, ja Express