Speaker 1: What's good is John Legend and you're checking out the cruise show.
Speaker 2: It's not just a show, it's a whole Fox No mind on Real ninety two to three. Man, there's a lot going on right you know, the city is feeling it as you know, what's on your mind. Free talk to us, not much, man.
Speaker 1: I saw you on the I saw you on IG protesting, you know it really, I mean that's the way you're showing up Real. They wanted me to maybe want to kind of chime into the community, let them know what they do good and the things that they've been doing recently with pulling people over, you know, just just the improper search and seizure of individuals who who they're harassing, And I feel like it's important to get the word out about what can be done and what can't be done and with the limitations of what ICE is even allowed to do.
Speaker 2: No, that's good. Yeah, you know a lot of people don't know exactly what to do. I mean, I don't know what to do. I was talking about this with my parents, who you know who They're watching the news just like everybody else, and it's just sad, and you know, it just sucks to see and it's everywhere, and I don't know if too many people or if anyone really knows what to do. I think when it comes to the law, you just surrender, right, But there's more to it.
Speaker 1: So look right now, you're seeing a surge of ICE activity across California. Home was workplaces, sidewalks. People don't feel safe. But it's important to understand a few things. You got to know your rights, number one. Okay, So most importantly, you do not want to speak to ICE. If they try to attempt to pull you over, if they do stop and see, stop and search on you, anything like that, you do not want to communicate anything to them, just like anything else. Stay silent and ask for an attorney. It's important do not run you rock. Then you create a situation where they can actually chase you and a rescue. If you stay calm by it and do not answer any questions, simply say that you do not want to answer questions and ask for a lawyer. Then that puts them into the situation where they to make it whether they want to arrest you, whether or not they want to take the time to figure out if your document or undocumented. You do not have to give them your license or prove anything with respect to your citizenship here, whether you're here legally undocumented, document you do not have a you do not need to prove that information to them. You need to let them make that determination. Theynot ask for that documentation on the spot. There's no reason to it's unconstitutional to begin with. I also think it's important to point out that there we've seen a lot of individuals call into us where you have firms that are predatory. They're making they're giving families false hope, charging them a significant amount of them off for immigration work. That's just not any different. I don't want to that. I think it's important for individuals to understand a few things with respect to keeping their documentation, keeping a clear a clear place for doctor tree to whom people can call in the event that there is that they're detained. It's really important that they have a power of attorney to somebody that they trust with bank accounts, with with with respect to secure a surely their parents, things like that. That is kind of extremely important to press the community.
Speaker 3: That power of attorney is really a smart suggestion, because, to be honest with you, Freed, I would have never thought about that. I mean, I've used power attorney for other things, but I never would have thought about because yes, if for some reason you are detained, even while they're quote unquote processing you and seeing if you're actually a resident or not, you could be out for a day, a week, two weeks and.
Speaker 1: You can be out. You can be out for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you'd never know. And your finances and your bill steed, you still need to get paid. Your family need still needs money. So you know, have a power of attorney to handle that stuff for you is very critical information. Well done.
Speaker 1: Man. Power attorney to pick up your kids from school, acts as your bank accounts, hand to legal matters, especially if you're detained. You want to keep a folder call it a detention kit folder to list to your medications, emergency phone numbers, copy of any specific documents, recent photos of your kids, a letter for a caregiver, anything like that. You need to make sure you have that in the event that you're detained, so that your children are properly taking care of or that there's some instructions with respect to what to do for them free.
Speaker 2: This is great information. Thank you so much. Man Call downtown dot com as jusulo. You hear us talk about it all the time on The Cruise Show. If you're injured anywhere, twenty four hours a day, text the words help to four zero two twenty two free to anything else we need to know.
Speaker 1: No, man, I just want to make sure it's timed in. I hope the community stays strong and this time passes. Man.
Speaker 2: Let me say this, this is information that I know for a fact. I think I speak for all of us when I say we know that our listeners will need and very fortunate to have you on with us.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Bro, I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Man, take care, my man.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Free.
Speaker 2: Pace checking and Rich from the Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast. To make sure to subscribe, and hey auto download so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 1: So so, so, so so