Speaker 1: Billy cunning in the Great America. Welcome this Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 2: The Tri State Reds Baseball suspend it last night, think them the fourth or fifth inning.
Speaker 1: The Reds are losing two to one. But today's going to be like a split the day night doubleheader in Boston, and the Reds are going to have largely I think to this afternoon's going to have like a bullpen day. Then tonight we'll see what occurs. The Reds are on a roll of the Super Bowl and beyond and also the World Series, possibly along with the Bengals. Plus so later on we've scheduled for ak Ramaswami to go on to talk about what's happening in Columbus, what he would have done, what he would do if he was the governor. Would he issue about seventy vetos? How many will be overruled by the legislature, which is kind of difficult. I thought it was like within the next day or two or three, But the legislature has a year and a half to over ride a veto, which means you need twenty and you need twenty in the Senate and sixty in the House to override the veto. So we'll see what happens down the road open until then. Burrow Love is the editor and vice president. He's kind of like the JD. Vance, the vice president of the Cincinnati Inquire. He also runs the Columbus Dispatch and the Akron Beacon Journal who runs everything in print and Ohio and Berrol Love, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, I read your columns about taking umbrage of some of the comments of the legislature they've incorporated into law and the new budget about shall we say sunshine type loss and you explain to the American people why you think the American people in Ohio are not getting information out of Columbus because of what the Republicans are doing.
Speaker 3: Well, Bill, thanks for having me on. It's a beautiful day in the Queen City. So my column basically questioned, if you take a step back the trend that we've seen in Columbus of taking a bill, and in this case, the budget bill and just tacking on a bunch of unrelated topics. This budget bill was something like six thousand pages cool and there are provisions in the state budget bill that have nothing to do with the way the state raises and spends its money.
Speaker 4: And so tucked into the budget bill.
Speaker 3: Of concern to me, as somebody who fights for your right to know, for transparency and open government, was a provision that allows lawmakers to have their emails and text messages exempt from public records requests until the start of the next legislative session.
Speaker 4: So that that alarms me, because yeah.
Speaker 2: So let's say the leaders in the House of the Senate they have text messages going back and forth. You do this, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about the householder situation. Matt Borges and senators say, well, I'll do this if you do that. And the way businesses can to today, as you know, is by text or email. That's how you don't send letters anymore. There's no voicemails left. And so explain again, I don't think American people get to this point that and want to know what's going on in government. We have to have access to their to their communications, and the Republicans don't want that.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think any elected officials want that. You can go back to the Gang of Five in Cincinnati City Council, when the Inquirer and other local media organizations fought for access to those tech messages because you know, basically, if you are conducted in the digital era, it really complicates our efforts to keep government transparent.
Speaker 4: It used to be you know, you would call it, you would call a meeting.
Speaker 3: You would have to you know, provide notice, the public could show up, the media could show up, and then if there was any written correspondence memos, I mean back to the days where you would call your your secretariat and take a memo and all of that that is gone. You know, it's instant communication, and so that that has posed. You know, the public records laws have struggled to keep up with technology. But there has been precedent that if you are using email in or text, using your text messaging service to conduct the public's business, that that needs to be open to inspection.
Speaker 4: And little by little there have been challenges to that.
Speaker 3: And this is one that got snuck into the budget bill that says our lawmakers and Columbus don't have to provide that information.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: We don't want to see, you know, the text to their spouses about picking up eggs at the grocery store or oh my gosh, Bobby got you know, detention after school.
Speaker 4: What are we going to do about it. Those can be reacted.
Speaker 3: You know. It's when we make public records requests they're not you know, good journalists won't just do these broad requests. They will say, we would like the correspondence, you know, specifically between you know this this representative and this.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 3: Lobbyist or whatever on this particular issue. And so, yeah, you can go back to the Householder scandal. You know, the emails between Larry Householder and other members of the legislature that he was trying to get to support, you know, the first Energy bailout that was that was important information for the public to know that. You know, there was a federal investigation obviously, but it was the journalist that kind of filled in the gaps and let people understand the broad scope of what Householder was doing.
Speaker 1: So, Burrol Love, am I anticipating a lawsuit because I would think under the First Amendment?
Speaker 2: Am I'm thinking?
Speaker 1: Okay, I Love lawyers, Am I going to anticipate a lawsuit that this is on and keeping with the requirements in the First Amendment, the public's right to know freedom of the press is a lawsuit coming.
Speaker 3: You know, we we have done lawsuits to get information I'm not planning anything now. You know, Jack Griner, our First Amendment attorney, is really good at navigating this process for us.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Usually we wait for the injury, you know, the actual denial of information, so we can see on something specific rather than something that's broad. But the but the point I make in my column is that there is already a law in the you know, state of Ohio called the single subject rule, which in theory should protect us from some things like this. So back to this giant, massive omnibus budget bill, you know, added to that budget bill and passed and signed by the governor where things had nothing to do with the budget that missed their day, you know, for the public to vet you've got.
Speaker 4: We reported today.
Speaker 3: That it's now law that if you are under the age of twenty one and you want to get a driver's license, you need to have the full blown driver's ed hours behind the wheel that we make sixteen seventeen year olds do when they want a driver's license. Maybe that's a good idea, I don't know. I'm not here to say it's a good idea or a bad idea. But that obviously was not the single subject of a bill. So that it could be vetted by both both chambers public hearings. There's just things that get signed into law that have just sidestep, you know, go back to your schoolhouse rock days. How a bill becomes a law. There's a process and it's important. And by tacking everything onto these you know, omnibus bills, the public is getting cheated out of their opportunity to weigh.
Speaker 4: In on you know, these matters.
Speaker 1: And bur lov In that regard you mentioned in your column about self. I think most parents would say that cell phones in schools are kind of like a bad idea and effect of January first of next year, cell phones will not be permitted in school. But the difficulty is that should not be part of the omnibus spending and tax bill because cell phones and maybe a good idea, but that's not the way to do it. Is that your point?
Speaker 4: That that's my point?
Speaker 3: Like, what does cell phone usage in school has to do with the way the state raises and spends its money?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 4: This is a budget bill. This is a budget bill.
Speaker 3: And you know I have a you know, I have a teenage son I struggled with, you know, managing his cell phone usage.
Speaker 4: I know, his teachers did.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great idea, but you know, just getting into my personal politics now, is that the state's.
Speaker 4: Job to mandate?
Speaker 3: I mean, we have local school boards. They should be running the district, you know, they should have a stay in this. And then I my sister's a teacher. I have married friends who are teachers. They they think this is a good idea, but they questioned, Okay, this is state law. Now, well is this going to be up to us to enforce? You know, how does this work? Like the state can easily, you know, throw a law into this budget bill and Mike Dwaine sign it into law, and then the common folk bill.
Speaker 4: We're left to figure it all out, you know. And we haven't even had.
Speaker 3: Our say in the process. So this single subject rule that we have in Ohio is it's laughable. I mean, it's just ignored and it's getting worse.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about another part of your column, Barrel love about property tax relief. And Dwine vetoed the property tax relief. And here's the thing. When I talked to Huffman, I talked to the governor, I talked to people in charge. They're saying, we're definitely afraid. Maybe afraid's the wrong word, but we certainly hope the voters of Ohio do not eliminate all real estate property taxes because if they do that, I head on a state senator who said, you know, if that happens, the state sales tax is going to be twenty percent or higher. And so they worked hard in the legislature to take away some of the property tax problems, especially senior citizens and others that see their property tax rates skyrocketing. And the lawmakers came up with a few methods to restrain the growth of that, but line vetoed everything, and so can you imagine And I'm going to ask for Vake Ramaswami this question later on he'll be the governor when the rubber hits the road. That the funding only three ways to get funds for all public matters, which is real estate taxes, sales taxes, or state income taxes.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: There's a few other little fees, but nothing significant. And they're talking about, oh my god, if the voters and I think we're going to vote that, I think we're going to say, yes, get rid of property taxes. I talk to people like Rocky Boyman and Tony Bender. They're sick and tired of paying real estate taxes what they're paying. You give a voter a one shot opportunity of eliminating real estate taxes, they're going to do it. And that means the consequence is going to be a twenty percent sales tax or tripling of the state income tax and also municipality taxes. And townships now will be given the ability to charge income taxes to their township residents of which I'm a proud member of Sycamore Township. And so when the legislature tried to soften the impact of this, the wine.
Speaker 2: Vetoed every thing.
Speaker 1: Now, while you have this in your column about the vetoing of the property tax relief, have you considered the next shoot to drop, which is on the ballot people voting against this, then what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, there are sixty seven line item vetos that the governor did before he signed the budget bill. There's no way that Republicans can go after every one of those for an override.
Speaker 4: But they are lining up behind this one ye. This will be the one ye.
Speaker 3: I mean immediately, if you if you follow any of them on social media.
Speaker 4: They are whipped up into a frenzy about this. So I this.
Speaker 3: You know, if I was going to set odds on one of those line items that's going to get overridden, it would be that one that said, I think they're all in agreement that there needs to be property tax reform.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Should the governor have thrown the baby out with the back water? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's forcing them to go back and do something a little more comprehensive rather than just you know, a patch.
Speaker 4: Here and a band aid there.
Speaker 3: But you're right, the money's got to come from somewhere. We're not going to stop funding schools.
Speaker 2: So that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know how. I don't know how this is going to play out.
Speaker 3: But but but this inner party drama is fascinating, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It is no question.
Speaker 1: And lastly, about the stadium Bengal tax the governor allowed us to go through, which is the Brownies are going to get six hundred million dollars. Jimmy Haslam and his family in Cleveland are quite happy about that. The Bengals have been left out at this point. But when I speak to those in charge and Columbus, they say, look, when the deal deal is done, which I guess will be done in about about the four weeks. I have Denise tree House on Monday to give us an update after the long holiday weekend about what's going to happen. And your cohort Kevin Aldridge has written about this, and so have you relative to billionaires early billionaires getting tax money to incentivize it, and the Bengals are left out in the cold at this point. But everyone thinks that once the deal deal is done and you go up to Columbus, part of that one point six billion dollars maybe one point four billion unclaimed funds is going to go toward these kinds of ventures. Is Is it a good idea? And Mike Brown at times is a very popular character in this town. Gosh, you guys almost ninety years old now and not times is not so popular. Is it a good use of taxpayer money unclaimed to give it to billionaires to build these palances to the National Football League?
Speaker 2: There's a question in there some way.
Speaker 3: There's a question in when you put it in those terms, what I mean, I would sound like an idiot if I said yes, that's a great.
Speaker 4: Idea, obvious OBUs, there's more nuanced than that. Here here's what I know.
Speaker 3: After the terms of the new Bengals lease were revealed, we were very fortunate the editorial board of the Inquiry, which includes myself and Kevin Aldridge and our news director.
Speaker 4: We had some of the reporters in the room too.
Speaker 3: We had a sit down with Denise tree House, with county administrator Jeff Aludo, We had their negotiator, we had their new attorneys from Dinsmore. They like filled the room, and of course, you know, their message to us that they wanted us, you know, this was all about. The messaging was that this is a way better deal than the last one, and you can't argue with that. But we got to ask them some questions. And one of the questions that we asked because.
Speaker 4: The money was really pared down.
Speaker 3: I mean we were talking, we were throwing around terms like eight hundred million, one point two million if you included the practice facility. They really scaled back what they agreed to in terms of stadium renovations, anticipating that eventually there was going to be some money kicked in from the state, and so we asked them.
Speaker 4: Point blank, will that money be added.
Speaker 3: To this four hundred and seventy million that you approved so that you can continue expansions, you can you can look at other enhancements or that will that go to that original total. And they said, no, whatever you get from the state will be added on. So they basically they agreed to that much lower renovation number because they are anticipating money from the state.
Speaker 4: And I think this unclaimed funds.
Speaker 3: You can argue the ethics of spending other people's money, but I think this is the you know, the pot of gold under the rainbow that they've found.
Speaker 4: And so I got to ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Bill.
Speaker 4: Have you checked to see if the state owes you any money?
Speaker 1: Yes, they owe me thirty seven dollars and fifty cents. And I told Tony Bender, if you collected for me, I'll give you half of the action. And I can't get anybody to bite on it. I got thirty seven dollars and fifty cents. I have no idea where it came from. But the effort's not worth the eighteen dollars for me to collect it. I'm willing to if a serious money, yeah, yes, I'll collect it, but I don't want to go through the process for thirty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Have you checked burroll Abby.
Speaker 3: I did the state owes me about fifty seven dollars. Well, just just for journalistic research, I did. I did do a claim. So we'll see, we'll see what happens. But I bring that up because you know, we the inquire and just about anyone else that reported on this unclaimed funds story. Let people know, you know, shared the website where you can go to check and see and make a claim. And so I'm wondering how at the end of all of this, with all the attention we've been giving to this this pile of money, I wonder how much we'll be left after all of us started making our plans.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: But when I talked to the powers that be, they don't like the two percent and attacks on sports betting that, they don't like using other moneies. They don't like the bonding thing because even though you know that takes away the ability of the state to bond other issues. So that this came up and they grasp on this thing like a like a pit bull with a pork chop, and they said, you know what, this is unplayed money. Give everybody one more year than give them ten years. And that's the way it is. But Burro Love, thank you. You run all the newspapers in Ohio. Good to check in with you, and you continue to have a great.
Speaker 3: Come on some of the newspapers in Ohio, all the ones that matter, the good ones, the good ones, the good ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, burrough Love, You're a great American. Every great fourth of July.
Speaker 4: You too, Bill, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: It's the least painful way of giving billionaires hundreds of millions of dollars to make it look like it's for the public good. Bill Cunningham. Coming up next is more in the Diddy trial, and let on we've scheduled with ak Ramaswami, the man who would be Governor. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundreds. You old over you all right, Dave Keaton, hit the button, Hit the button. Red's Baseball kicks off today about two twenty five. No pregame show. Simply right into it reads down a run in the fourth of the fifth. They have complete that game, hopefully by four to thirty five o'clock. Then back out it with the socks tonight. Lance McAllister and of course Rocky and Eddie Fingers, that living legend Eddie Fingers in the meantime, but until then, I have a text former friend of mine. This is relative to my last my next upcoming discussion with with ak Ramaswami. And simply there are some individuals. In one case friend of mine spends time in order to find money for other people. That there was a woman in North Carolina that had a sixty nine thousand dollars life insurance proceed policy that she did not know she could collect on, and that was part of the one point four billion dollars the state of Ohio has and unclaim funds. So it would behoove you to go online Ohio Unclaimfunds dot gov dot org and find out whether or not the Department of Commerce has serious money for you. I'm told I got thirty five dollars or so, and I'm telling Dave Keaton, my producer, I'll give you half the money if you can get the money back thirty five dollars. See, some others might have some serious money, like that woman from North Carolina.
Speaker 2: So get it done.
Speaker 1: And the money's going to be used to enhance sports arenas football, stadiums, orchestras, any sort of entertainment district, whatever it might be. And I'm not sure how it's going to work yet, but sometime soon, if you don't collect your money, the state's going to spend it on your behalf. So get that done. Secondly, I note with interest what happened with P Diddy. Diddy Combs, I said, going through this process is an extremely popular character in New York City. It's like OJ Simpson was a very popular person in Los Angeles. It didn't have the racial overtones because of the Rodney King situation in LA. But in New York City. P Diddy is extremely popular. And the jury drew from New York City was predominantly African American, and they listened to this prosecution. They did not buy the general argument the government, the FEDS, that there was a criminal syndicate operating a rico count and they did not buy the argument that grown women don't have the opportunity to leave, so account one was operating a criminal syndicate, that is, there were numerous individuals working in and around p didty Sean Combs is he related to Brian Combs, by the way, Is that a possibility Brian Combs and P Didty. I'm gonna ask Brian Combs that question. But they did not buy the idea that there were numerous acts being committed with the goal of having freak off parties and also the distribution of drugs. So the Rico Violation Rocketeer Influence Corruption Act, which carries up to thirty years in jail. They found him not guilty on that one. The second count was sex trafficking of Cassie Ventura. Now you may know what is and what is not sex trafficking. According to the Federal Statutes, trafficking and sex is a form of human trafficking is a serious crime involving in the troupment, harboring, transportation, providing, or obtaining of a person for the purpose of commercial sex acts induced by force, fraud, or coercion. So that means they sought to prove that p Didty recruited, maintained, and financed Cassie Ventura, the woman he kicked in the head in that hotel room video, with the purpose of engaging in commercial sex acts induced by force, fraud, or coercion. So or when the person involved is under the age of eighteen who can't give consent. So the jury implicitly found that Cassie Ventura, the so called girlfriend of P Ditty for eleven years, soaked up with her when she was nineteen, completed their various relationships when she was thirty eleven years, had opportunities to depart, and that there were numerous, in fact hundreds of text messages between Cassie Ventura and P Didty in which Cassie Ventura said, looking forward to the next freak off, I'll be I'll be your own little freak, you own me, et cetera, et cetera, and this one on for eleven years. So the jury did not buy the fact that P. Diddy was transporting her for the purpose of commercial sex acts induced by force, fraud, a coercion, which is a very serious offense, and that by itself each of them carried fifteen years in prison with mandatory jail time of fifteen years. So if you have coerced someone by force, fraud or coercion to engage in commercial sex acts, which is what was les by the government, you go to prison basically for the next fifteen years. The jury said Knababana didn't happen. Casey Ventura participated to a large extent in what happened to her. And as the Defense Council said, if Sean Combs was charged with domestic violence, we would have play guilty.
Speaker 2: But he's not charged with that. So they found in that case no, the third count, which is probationable and carries up to ten years in jail, involving the Man Act transporting a woman across state lines or shall I say, immoral purposes, among other things.
Speaker 1: The Man Act, which he was convicted of, is an act that made it the felaony to engage in interstate transport of any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose. Now that means if you meet a fine woman in Covington, a newport, and you trans transport her across the Ohio River in the hamlet a county, that is a felony that can carry up to ten years in federal prison. It is so for at least one hundred years. It was past, so I think in like nineteen thirteen or something. It's been ripe with amendments of one type or another the years ago and involved also women can transport men across state lines for immoral or debaucherous reasons.
Speaker 5: Men.
Speaker 1: We know that happens all the time, right, So it got rid of the gender exclusive aspects. But the purpose of that was to prevent, especially younger girls in the early part of the twentieth century, to be falling into these houses of prostitution out west, in which they were forced to engage in sexual acts, got drunk all the time in order to benefit the head of the saloon or whatever it might be. And so he was convicted in count three p Diddy of man act transportation of cassi ventura across state lines for debaucherous or immoral purposes. I think we're can agree on that one.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Count four is sex trafficking of another woman named Jane did not want or name used. Of course, her name was used in court center she testified openly, but the media has not published her name. And that sex trafficking had the same impact as count two, which is a fifteen year mandatory, which is a involving the recruitment, harboring, transportation, providing, or obtaining a person for the purposes of commercial sex acts induced by force, fraudic coersion. They found him not guilty that one too, and then the fifth count, which was the Man Act transportation again simply transporting Jane Doe across state lines for the bacherous reasons. So the jury in New York City convicted him not guilty on count one, Rico not guilty on count two, sex trafficking Cassi Ventura. Guilty is charge on the Man Act violation of transporting Cassi venture across state line for immoral reasons.
Speaker 2: We all can agree on that one. I think count four was sex trafficking of Jane Doe. She testified not guilty on that one, and then count five, I would be guilty of a Man Act violation, the federal Rico violation not guilty as a twenty year sentence with fifteen years mandatory, and the other two or fifteen year sentences. So if he was.
Speaker 1: Convicted of one, three, and five, he'd be looking at the rest of his life in jail without any question. I think he's about fifty four years old. On the other hand, and a typical case of a Man Act violation. May I say the system does not consider that to be a serious offense. It is so wide, so broad, the government could bring that charge against any man or woman who was in a car and went across the Ohio River, across Indiana into Michigan or West Virginia on a date, something that was agreed to, but the intent of the person doing the driving of the vehicle was somewhat debaucherus. So for many for a century, the Man Act has been, shall we say, not favored in the law. There's very few, if any prosecutions of a Man Act, and that was thrown in by the Feds in order to convict pdity of something. Some of the more notable individuals convicted of Man Act violations have included Charlie Chaplin, the comedian who met a woman who was twenty four years old, signed her to a contract and she became his mistress and that he would transport her around the country for immoral, illicit purposes and you know what they might be. And he was tried on that and the jury found him not guilty. And probably the most prominent Man Act conviction up to this one was Jack Johnson, the heavyweight champion of the world. In October November of nineteen twelve, boxer eavyweight champion Jack Johnson was arrested twice under the Man Act, acknowledging that the rest are racially motivated by the way he was pardoned by the trump Ster Donald Trump and Jack Johnson had white girlfriends and he would I support these girlfriends in New Jersey, New York cross state lines, and the system wanted to get Jack Johnson, by the way, pardoned by Donald Trump about five years ago, and he was convicted of man Act violations. Another one somewhat noted Charlie Manson, who in nineteen sixty transported two prostitutes allegedly from California to Mexico, New Mexico to work. The charges were dropped. I'm sorry they had been dropped. Sharon Tate might still be alive today, and so in the history. And R Kelly was convicted of man AC violations of multiple sexual abuse trials for transporting women across state lines. What R Kelly did surviving R Kelly, if you've not seen the video, you may if you're interested in watching on Netflix. It is totally dis disgusting. And then also Gisline Maxwell in twenty twenty one was convicted. She was a socialight publishing rast charged with sex trafficking minors onf of Jeffrey Epstein, and she was sentenced to twenty years in jail. Found guilty of five or six counts of involving sex trafficking of miners, Now that's serious. Under eighteen, to have a sixteen or seventeen year old across state lines traffic for sexual purposes, that's a big deal. The law doesn't make a differential between over eighteen or under eighteen, only in the sense of more penalties. If it's under eighteen, it's twenty years. If the woman or a guess man is over eighteen years old, the maximum punishment is ten years in jail. Now, I quickly went over the federal sentencing guidelines, which, as you know if you've been in federal court, there are rather strict guidelines that the Feds have put through the Sentencing Commission on what happens to more or less equalize sentencing between New York, Ohio and the Mississippi and California and the federal system. It appears on a first time violator who's in his fifties. Put aside, if you can counts one, three, and five and all that all the evidence came out about that. Put aside the fact he was in charge with DV that he decided not to charge him with that. So if the only convictions in front of the sentencing judge are going to be transporting Cassie Ventura across state lines for immoral purposes, and that's it, the typical person would not receive a day in jail. But because it's Sean Combs, maybe related to Brian Combs aka P Diddy, it would be difficult, I think for this judge to disregard the evidence and counts one, three, and five, disregard the kicking of Cassie Ventura in the Intercontinental Hotel by the elevator, and simply give him a normal sentence, which would be probation. In fact, that if this was a normal case, the Feds never would not the case in the first place, because how many times just an art community does a man or a woman drive across the Ohio River with one or both of them having immoral thoughts about the other.
Speaker 2: That's called the man Act.
Speaker 1: So the criminal intent I if it wasn't, if it wasn't the other accoudiments around his case, he never would have been charged in the first place with Man Act transportation violations. They were like the at the bottom of the well. Just in case the jury found him not guilty of Rico, not guilty of sex trafficking, not guilty of sex trafficking Jane Doe, and this gives them something to get him convicted of something. When this was announced, as lawyers and P Diddy did a high five, and in fact, when the judge and the jerry left the courtroom, P did he dropped to his knees and cried out loud in glory, thanking God. I'm not sure God had much to do with it, but nonetheless, in a typical case number one, the charges would not have been brought. But in this case, if you're convicted of a man Act violation, you're eligible to get probation. Not too many men or women over the age of fifty are convicted in federal court with no previous violation in their life and are sentenced to federal prison. He's served about eighteen months already, so smart money says in a couple of months he'll get about two to four years in federal prison credit time served. It should be out in about a year or less. We'll see what happens. By the way, the judge is gonna hear arguments now about releasing him on bond, which he should be released on bond. He's found not guilty of the charges the government brought against him, that are the serious ones. Whether you like it or not, he was found not guilty. So he's willing to put up his Miami mansion other things, and have one hell of a cough later tonight.
Speaker 2: That's if he gets out.
Speaker 1: He doesn't get out, the defense team will go to the Second Circuit US Court of Appeals to try to get a bond set and then sentencing would be probably in four to eight weeks from now. And as I said, smart money says, consider everything. Considering everything, he's going to get some time in jail for this credit time served a course, maybe out in a year or two and that's it. And then put him on probation for five to ten put him on probation for five more years. If he screws up again, then he can violate probation and go back and serve a ten year sentence. On the other hand, do we know that p Didty is a killer? He's a murderer. Absolutely, his guys, he did run a criminal syndicate of sort in which he pictured himself as a bad dude.
Speaker 2: And if you crossed a P. Diddy.
Speaker 1: Your car was firebombed, your tires were slashed, and you had the crap beat out of you by his entourage. That's the reality. And right now, fifty cents life is worth about twenty five cents. Fifty cent and p Didd he's had a feud going on for a while, as Dave Keaton knows my producer, and so I don't know what's going to happen with fifty cent. Who's been shot eight times? Oh, let's continue with more. We never stopped. We simply continue. After one o'clock today will be Vivak Ramaswami, the valedictorian of the two thousand Sandex High School graduating class, is running for governor, and Moore about all the issues about property tax relief, income taxes and more. Bill Cunningham, the Great American Live Tom of the Reds, kicking it off today at two twenty five to complete the first game from last night. Then the real game. The second game starts about seven oh five. All coverage is of course on news radio seven hundred WLW My Billy cunning Him the Great American, and of course Reds Baseball kicks off in about an hour and a half in Boston. They had a suspended games. They're losing two to one in the fourth or fifth. They're going to hopefully win two today. But until then, Vivek Ramaswami, the man who would be governor, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show in Vivek. First of all, before we talk about property tax relief two point seventy five percent flat tax. Before we talk about overriding governmental governor's vetos.
Speaker 2: Some I'm sixty seven of them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Fundraising Hall, I saw this in the Columbus Dispatch. A record was set by you in raising money to become the next governor of Ohio. Please tell the American people what happened.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I think we have unprecedented unity in our Republican Party, Billy. At this point, I'm running unopposed in the Republican primary.
Speaker 4: We've achieved great unity.
Speaker 6: I've traveled over sixty of the counties in the state already in the last several months. We raised what now nine point seven million dollars in the first four months of this campaign, which sets a record in the history of our state for what a first quarter of fundraising looks like. And yet at the same time that's coming from bottom up donations forty thousand plus donor and a lot of these are small.
Speaker 4: Dollar donors as well.
Speaker 6: To me, that shows a grassroots uprising that really says that we want to take our state to the next level. And that's the message that really is getting people aboard this campaign across the state, up and down. Billy is We're not just leading Ohio to be one of the best in the Midwest, because frankly, we are already the best in the Midwest. I'm in this toled Ohio to be the top state in the country, to raise a young family, to build a business, to give our kids a world class education. And the fact that as a first time statewide candidate here we're able to achieve this level of unity not just in our Republican party, but to have even in that base of donors, many independents, many first time political donors, forty thousand of them, and to break fundraising records when you have seasoned political veterans that have historically been the ones who have run for governor. I think it just says a lot less about me, but more about the energy that we have in our state for this new vision and Vivike.
Speaker 1: When you talk to the power brokers, of which you're not a part. When I talk to those who have raised money for a long time and some of the gray beards, they want a Republican party like a country club Republican party and not a cloth coat Republican party. When you say, like, we're going to make the states so much better for those who've been entrenched in power for a long time, they don't want to hear that. They think the state's already wonderful, can't be any better. So when vivike Ramaswami comes horizontally to politics, not vertically, some of the power brokers say, well, who the hell is this guy? Even though he was the valedictorian the Senate class, he spent a lot of time out and out west or he's a billionaire and he's he's here now in Ohio. Who in the hell is the vike Ramaswami? Why does he think he can be the next governor? And we have a lineup of other shall we see officeholders ready to take over? Why does vivike Ramaswami want to do this when you're a billionaire already.
Speaker 6: Sometimes members of my family have asked me that question as well.
Speaker 4: Billy.
Speaker 6: But when you have a call to serve, you can't put that call back in the bottle, right And I think we're each put here for a purpose. This country, in this state, frankly, has allowed me to achieve an American dream at a height that my parents would have never imagined when we were born and raised in Cincinnati, growing up in Westchester, and then growing up in Evendale, Ohio after that. This is what makes this country extraordinary is that now I'm in a position to lead that very state. After founding successful businesses, after marrying my wife, Aporva, who's one of the most successful throat surgeons.
Speaker 4: In the country. She's at Ohio State.
Speaker 6: She's lived the American dream, the kid of immigrants to this country who came here again with little to their name. The extraordinary thing about that story is that it's not that extraordinary in the United States of America, and I don't think it should be extraordinary in the state of Ohio either. I want every one of the kids born and raised in our state to be able to live that same American dream.
Speaker 4: That even greater high that I have.
Speaker 6: But that's going to take I think somebody who's willing to lead our state to the next level. Somebody is willing to be ambitious. And I want to bring that sense of ambition back to our country, our culture, our state, our politics, to say that we're the state to put a man in the moon. We're the state that sent the first.
Speaker 4: American into orbit around the Earth.
Speaker 6: We're the state that sent the Right brothers to fly at a moment they were told to believe that was impossible. I think that ambition is part of our heritage as Ohio, It's part of our heritage as the United States of America.
Speaker 4: And I want us to aspire.
Speaker 6: To more, to be more ambitious in education, in academics, to be more ambitious from science to the arts, to economic ambition, to even ambition in what we hope to achieve for our kids, Spiritually ambitious, morally ambitious in every domain of our life, to expect more of ourselves. And yet in order to do that, I don't think it's going to take a politician from yesterday's model of coming out on an assembly line that produces politicians that climb the rungs of a ladder and then end up in the seat of governor, inspiring their whole life to do it.
Speaker 4: That has not been my life aspiration. I promise you that you bring up the same point in your question.
Speaker 6: I've never set up my whole life with the goal of being a governor or even being a politician. But I'm in this because I've lived that American dream. I think it's going to take a businessman and someone with an entrepreneur's mentality to bring that ambition of leading our state to the next level. And I'll be glad to work with many of the people, and we will work with many of the people who have that experience in our state to be able to not only bring the ambition, but actually get things done, like moving to zero income taxation, like putting a cap on property taxation, like lifting up our educational standards.
Speaker 4: I'm not just going to talk about it. Really, we're going to get it done.
Speaker 6: That's part of an entrepreneur's mentality too, and that requires working with many of those people who have been experienced in state government, most of.
Speaker 4: Whom are already supporting me in the state.
Speaker 6: But it's going to be that team effort led by a businessman, an entrepreneur, and at this point in our history, a political outsider at the top to help get Ohio to be the top state in the country, not just living in the shadow of.
Speaker 4: Texas and Florida.
Speaker 6: If we do our jobs right, it's going to be Texas and Florida.
Speaker 4: Following Ohio's lead, not the other way around.
Speaker 1: Foraveke Ramaswami, you talk about a zero percent income tax. Right now, the state budget appears to be a flat tax of two point seventy five percent. And when I talked to Matt Huffman and others in Columbus, they tell me there's a potential catastrophe coming next year that you'll have to deal with, and that is that if Ohioans vote to eliminate all real estate taxes and Vivek Ramaswami wants to eliminate all income taxes, I'm told by Huffman and others that the sales tax would have to be like twenty percent to make up the differential.
Speaker 2: There's no such a thing as the three.
Speaker 4: Look, there's a lot of extrapolation going on there.
Speaker 6: First of all, there's saying that if there's a new ballot measure that does eliminate the property tax, obviously in that scenario we'd have to take a revised look. But the catastrophe that I see is actually the catastrophe of property taxes being way too high and burdening Ohioans in a way that too many of our politicians have ignored for too long. Correct And to be clear, I want to praise the legislature for getting to a flat income tax. I think that's a great step forward. But I also think that you know, at least as where we're sitting today, there is no major property tax reform that people have been clamoring for. And I do think that property tax reform is necessary. And so if people across the state are clamoring, and they are with good reasons, paying more in their property taxes than they do on the principle and interest repayments on their mortgage combined, that's unjust.
Speaker 4: It's Unamerican.
Speaker 6: It's antithetical to our values in Ohio. It's your land, not the governments. But when you're paying more in property taxes than you are on your principle and interest on your mortgage, it feels like the land that you own is really just the least from the government, and that's wrong. So it's the job of elected leaders to stand up and live that reform that our people need that they're clamoring for, and if they don't, then you know what, the people are going to take it into their own hands and do.
Speaker 4: It via constitutional amendment. But what I will say is that I'm prepared as governor to look to the future of.
Speaker 6: Bringing down property taxes, putting a ceiling on them, while also sensibly putting our state on the path to zero income tax. If that ballot measure passed, we'd obviously have to rethink the overall approach to tax policy.
Speaker 4: It'd be a zero property tax then.
Speaker 6: But my view is we have a coherent plan to both cap property taxes as well as to take income tax including capital gains taxation, down to zero in our state to make Ohio the most competitive state in the country for entrepreneurs and younger workers to move into to remain in. So many of our young people, Billy, you know this, they'll leave our state to pursue opportunity elsewhere after getting educated here. I want to turn that ship around, not by forcing them to stay here, but by making this so obviously the state we're the best opportun unities are available to them, and that means that we have to compete with Texas and Tennessee and Florida states that are zero income tax states. Today, so many of our people are flocking and I'm not going to be a governor of a state where people are leaving. I want to be a governor of a state where we have people and businesses moving in and moving back in. That's what motivates me to run, and it's a big part of why I think it is going to take someone coming from the outside to lead our state to the next level. A great state already, I want to give credit where.
Speaker 4: Credit is due.
Speaker 6: We're a great state, but great is not good enough. We want to be the greatest version of ourselves. And that's where I'm here to lead us. Veg Ramaswami. We have cities and collapse.
Speaker 1: Of course, you're a Cincinnati, and I think the last Cincinnati and we had his governor was probably John Jay Gilligan, and I thought he ran with good funeral homes, but he was terrible. But nonetheless, you may not be aware of this, but Cincinnati is in the throes of a terrible crime wave in which every year, according to a shot spotterer, there's about twenty thres thousand shots fired in the city of Cincinnati and about ten different zip codes. We have hundreds of people that are wounded. We had another rash of shootings last night. The night before we had five. We have a police force which is down one hundred and fifty cops. We have many judges that don't want to send people to prison. The governor's job, I guess, not specifically about crime, and I would think Cleveland, Toledo, Dayton, Columbus. I don't know much about Columbus, but I assume it's not much different. Just as the son of immigrants and a person of color, why do we have such unspeakable violence in urban areas? Because we can't be a great city and great state unless we have great cities. And right now there's fleeing out of Cincinnati and Columbus and Dayton and Toledo and Cleveland. And what can you say to those that see crime as the way out of the circumstances in which they find themselves. We can't be a great state with lousy cities.
Speaker 6: Look, I don't speak as a person of color, or as a Republican or any other label. Let's put it aside, because I don't view everything through a racialized lens. What I view it through the lens of consense. Most Americans, I don't care whether you're black, white, brown, or anything in between. I don't even care whether you're a Democrat or Republican. Most Americans believe correctly that we are founded on the rule of law, and we've got to apply that rule of law even handily in all directions. And right now, the fact of the matter is the police in our cities are not fully equipped and able to do their jobs well. I don't want them to look over their shoulders the fear of being sued. I want them to be able to apply the rule of law regardless of I don't want people to bring any color, color focused or raised focused lens in a color blind way, in a neutral manner to restore law and order to actually apply the laws we already have on the books. In many cases, we don't need new laws. Arguably, I think in the country and even in the state, we have too many laws and it's very confusing for people in ordinary citizens to follow them. What we need is simple laws that are actually enforced in an even handed way. I don't think that's too much to ask. This is not about left versus right. This is about up versus down. It's about common sentence, and that's certainly what I want to bring to the leadership of our state. But there, I say, Billie, hopefully in a way that sets the standard for other states across our country as well. I was in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago the areas where buildings were being defaced. Earlier this month. I was in Minnesota as earlier this month, in the last month as well. These are states where when I say we're the best in the Midwest, I can confirm that after having visited Minnesota, we are the best.
Speaker 4: In the Midwest.
Speaker 6: But it's sad because I've had a story from somebody who was in Minnesota who told me that he had had a hole in the glass of his car put there because of the bumper sticker he had in the back of his car.
Speaker 4: That's not America. That's not American.
Speaker 6: If we disagree with one another, let's settle it at the ballot box, through civil discourse and debate at our best, even getting together at the dinner table at the end of it. That's the Cincinnati I grew up into, That's the Ohio I grew up into, and that's the Ohio in the America I want to bring back to our country. But it does start with an even handed enforcement of the rule of law. We're fully behind our police, We're fully behind our sheriff's offices across the state, many of whom I've already visited with to bring back that common sense of law and order. Frankly, some of it starts even at a young age. Billy, one of the things I want to do in our educational reform is actually to give teachers, especially in our inner cities, something they've been clamoring for, something they've been asking for but have been falling on deaf ears. We have the ability to bring discipline back to the classroom many principles. Many teachers no longer can discipline a student, even for issuing threats, sometimes even for physical violence that teachers' hands are tied.
Speaker 4: That wasn't that way in the nineteen nineties, and I think it's wrong today.
Speaker 6: I think we need it to be able to be a state of common sense that sets the standard for the United States. Eighty plus percent of US across the country, and I believe more than eighty plus percent of us in Ohio are rooting for that outcome there's a governor. That's what I want to bring, not in a partisan way, but in a unifying way. Even as parents of children in the next generation, that's part of what we.
Speaker 4: Want for our kids.
Speaker 6: I'm a father of two sons, and I speak for my wife and I both when I say this is we want them to grow up into a country, in a state where law and order is respected, where they're in an education system where there's a sense of order and discipline. That's part of what it means to be an educated citizen in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: That's part of what we're going to bring here and it's a big part of why I'm in this race.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to run, but viveg Ramaswami, you've set records when it comes to fundraising. And we can't be a great nation when New York is run by a communist named Mom Donnie that Johnson and Chicago is in complete collapse. The school system is awful in Los Angeles, the skid row and fornication, and you're a nation all over city streets and there's ten cities, one hundred thousand homeless and two hundred thousand gang members in the city of Los Angeles, and I want Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland, Toledo, Dayton. I went to law school in Toledo to be shining cities on the hill and right now they're not. And it's said, we can't be a great state with lousy cities and vivek Ramaswami. We'll see what happens down the road. But once again, thanks for checking in to your hometown here in Cincinnati. And may God bless you and God bless America. I have a great Fourth of July you and your family. Thank you, Avic.
Speaker 4: Happy for my friend.
Speaker 2: Take care, God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more your reaction five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand Reds Baseball starts in about a little over an hour on news radio seven hundred.
Speaker 2: WW.
Speaker 7: I guess, Jacks Pakh, this is not a nice business. I guess that's the gotchat that you.
Speaker 4: You know, the stakes are fast, but Ali, it is a.
Speaker 7: Mgwood to teach him how to run away from an hour? Yeah, okay, kay, prison had a run away. Don't run in a straight line up like this and you know what, Your chances go off about one percent?
Speaker 2: Hello, whyet skulls I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 5: Keeck.
Speaker 1: If you find yourself an alligator Alcatraz and the alligators are coming your way with Ted McKay, you're running the straight line or do you go like this zigzag?
Speaker 2: Well, if you zig zag, then there's another eleven twelve foot are on their left and right and in front of you and then back. I think it's a beautiful idea. Well, I just saw a picture on X. I guess they had a rainstorm down there. The place is already flooded. All I can tell you is it when it rains in Florida, Ben Go, It rains and we're talking about rain. Correct, you're in the southern It rain and it's sunshine. That sun is out, and where's the rain coming from? Comes over?
Speaker 1: There's some sort of pump system working between the Everglades and the Gulf of America, between the two of them.
Speaker 2: When that rains, it rains. Would you so if you're if you're it rains so and so and you are in Alligator Alcatraz, you're always asking me this, what what would you do? And you escape? Would it be alligators or Burmese pythons that would you like to get a hold of? Would you rather die by eating by an alligator or squeeze the death bi python? Those are your choices. What do you Pick's that tough? If you want to go quick, it's you know, gator time, it's supple, hold on and just roll you for a while, then soften you up well, and then you know everybody, everybody gets a meal then, because because they're all going to crowd around, right and in your case, so one part of you could go in one one part of you going the other. Not good. No, And then but a python, I mean I don't think he could eat you can.
Speaker 1: He could swallow? Yeah, he squeezes into death then and he can assumes you no question.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you. Would you haven't answered the question. I don't know. I'm not going down there a rock python. I'm not going down there. Who's the warden? Donald Trump? I thought it was. I thought Richard K. Jones was taking vacation time to go down there, and he would love that.
Speaker 5: Hell.
Speaker 2: Lastly, yeah, we got the Man Act. Waiting for Dean Gregory to call. He's not called Okay, this is.
Speaker 1: The Man Act. This is what p Diddy Cobs was convicted of. One reason Brian Combs, doesn't it report on p Diddy Combs. Yeah, they're related. So Brian Combs refuses to cover the story. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I guess. So you'll have to ask.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: Here's the Man Act named after the main man, Robert Man of Illinois in nineteen ten. By the way, he was the president of nineteen ten Woodrow Oh William Howard Tawn. He didn't go right there. Now, he invented the seventh inning stretch. You know that he needed to stretch more than the seventh innut, that's for sure. Now, this is the penalty. Any man who transports a woman or a girl okay, for the purpose of prostitution or debacherous or other immoral reasons across the state line can be charged with violation of the Man Act. How many times in company and took her somewhere in Cincinnati with the bocherous intent? And how manybody but me, how many times have some woman in Cincinnati took you to the quality in Rotating hotel and coventant for a moral reasons segment that she committed the vibu to dinner there in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 1: That was it, Well, it was meant to address prostitution and moral behavior. And that was during the progressive era in which the booze was going to be outlawed and that women could not be uh walked across state lines for bocherous intent.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe P did? He had an and so what's your gun? Get are all liquored up? So what's your what's your what's your guy? P? Didd he looking at? Now? What the god? You guys get guilty on two of the five the guidelines called for like two years. That's nothing, nothing at all. Wow, I don't know, It's all I can tell you. So the United States did a bad They they look kind of bad. Well, all I can say is yes, okay, yes, lawyers didn't do a good job. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Rico was a stretch, but then also human trafficking was a stretch.
Speaker 2: But the Man Act was a layup. How many how many men? Are women?
Speaker 1: Could be convicted of that segment? Do you have immoral reasons at all?
Speaker 2: I think the alligator Alcatraz probably would be packed thinking of that.
Speaker 1: We have Dean Gregory joining us now from the Montgomery ending.
Speaker 2: They got all you could eat Friday? Welly, this is the greatest. The ribs you haven't eat in twenty four hours already. I amen to that. I'm a fasting until Friday. Do you know?
Speaker 1: Tell me about the big event on Friday at Montgomery in segment wants to be their first fast and factual.
Speaker 8: I don't have a lot of time because I had free semi trucks full of barbecue, full of ribs. We're going to cook for Friday in.
Speaker 5: Our parking lot right now, but we tracked.
Speaker 8: In order to celeb at fort July this year. By popular demand, we're going to bring back all the ribs you can eat for one day.
Speaker 2: If you factor on this segment and that equation I.
Speaker 5: Wanted to send my trucks is for him. Thank you good ship.
Speaker 2: So when does it begin, Dina? When is it end? Give me all the f I need the facts. I don't need bs. I need the facts for sure.
Speaker 8: For twelve o'clock noon to eight o'clock on Friday for the July eat ribs and come out in the park and watch the fireworks later on. It'll be a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: How many ribs are you talking about, Dino? How many? How many ribs? How many ribs they have a number of how many bones?
Speaker 2: How many bones?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Probably a couple of times, a couple of tons of bones.
Speaker 2: That'll be good enough for me.
Speaker 1: And uh segment to know about carry out? He wants to have carry out orders and seg take carrying.
Speaker 8: No carry out, no carry out, no shared plate?
Speaker 2: What about I'm not sharing nobody. You don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 1: I want some chips and some straw What about chips and onion straws?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I lost you for second.
Speaker 8: All the Saratoga chips you can eat.
Speaker 2: Too, Segment, how about that? I'll be there at eleven fifty five get out of the way with Ted McKay. What does that cost? If anything? Do you know?
Speaker 5: I believe it's thirty five a pittance.
Speaker 2: To someone like the segment.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to go back in time to number eleven of was Saneville Country Clubs. We're there with the great We're there with Wayne Carucci, as you might remember, and uh one or two other my derelic friends. I think Johnny Kraft was there. Not sure, Mike McCall and Uh, you're on the tee of number eleven in Lasanderville, which is a treacherous, difficult long par four correct.
Speaker 5: Treacherous, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And you're my partner. All the money you want to down. We lost twenty bucks on the front, you want to bet for forty bucks on the back. I don't like playing golf for that kind of money, but I agreed, and it was a stroke hold for you.
Speaker 2: And you're on the tee.
Speaker 1: It's about four hundred and twenty yard par four, and you get your drive, You go through your routine and it got up. You got on your back floor and at some point you're ready to pull the trigger. You then bring the club back, swing the driver and the ball goes backwards, and then you quickly said, don't count that. Do you recall that moment?
Speaker 8: I am not embarrassed about that.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, a little bit embarrassing, that was for sure.
Speaker 1: And then another time we played, might have been a number ten of las Aneville. You on the tee, kind of a short part four.
Speaker 2: You hit your driver and the ball went off your tee as you're hitting it and hits the ball mark and it hits the tee marker about ten feet to the right of you. You recall that trick shot.
Speaker 5: To put the trick of not too many people to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, you're telling me. I don't think Tiger would could have done that in his prime.
Speaker 5: No way, no way out.
Speaker 2: Then, Now, will you actually be present on July fourth? Will you be president? Can people come and see you?
Speaker 5: I will be here till probably five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Er, all right, I may stop down to sale. Oh, I got nothing else to do. We see you, all right, Dino?
Speaker 2: Once again.
Speaker 1: All you're gonna eat Friday, Montgomery and Montgomery and also the boat house and all you can eat ReBs noon to noon to eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir.
Speaker 8: And I'm gonna bring to you guys. I know you guys might be busy, but I'm gonna bring ribs up for your crew one day.
Speaker 1: Let us know at one thirty ribs, Sega ribs welcome here at all?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I'll welcome and man, nobody else will get anything. And also the Walgo Burger Walgoo Wednesdays. It's pretty good. There you go, all right, Din know you're the best.
Speaker 1: God bless you, Thank you so Mutino, thank you. Say could anyone in golf hit a driver ball on the tee and hit it backwards?
Speaker 2: Maybe I could? I said, don't cut down. I'll tell you I didn't see anything, alright, sake, Please, you're not answering my question about the Man Act. What do you want me to say about it? Have you transported a woman or girl now the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any immoral purpose? No? Across state lines? No have you done that? Nor have you? And say will he the stood reporters of proud service of your local Tamestar heatn't get air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati Hallway OMI airon one eight eight, eight nine nine six h v.
Speaker 4: A c spots.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, let's see. The Reds and Red Sox will resume that suspended game from last night in the fourth inning with Boston up two to one. Sam Mall. Sam Mall will be on the mound for the Reds when the game resumes today. He's at two twenty five right here on seven hundred WLW. He's a lefty. Regularly scheduled game tonight six' Ten Sports talk r Or No Carriers Inside pitch and Then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning show after the. Game, Now Novellie. Marte his rehab assignment was moved to TRIPLE A. Louisville he spelt at A Grand slam last. Night get him up with the, Bats get him, Up Hunter. Green according To Charlie, goldsmith get him, in get him ang of. All Hunter green has completed as live batting practice on inting. Five batters said he was good to be back on the. Mound felt, strong pitches a. Solid he will pitch again over the weekend In, philadelphia then off to a rehab.
Speaker 1: Assignment Second congress and eight And congress in nineteen seventy eight and nineteen eighty. Six, yeah eliminate it and changed The Man act to include transporting a woman or man for the purpose of prostitution or other illegal sexual.
Speaker 2: Acts have you ever done?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: One, no go, ahead let's. SEE i want to think about. That, yeah go, ahead let's see. Tennis more upsets today At. Wimbledon I'm noriri Of, britain upsetting number Twelve Francis tfo and then number. Two carlos Alcatraz is moved on number six around A sablenka and also number Six Madison keys also. Won katie McNally tomorrow takes on number eight Seed English. Waytech On, Thursday.
Speaker 2: Jack johnson was the most famous person convicted of The Man. Act he dated white women. Segment this is the heavyweight champion in nineteen. Thirteen oh the, way he was president of nineteen. Thirteen william Aer, taft No, harding No, arthur no From New. JERSEY i have No Woodrow.
Speaker 1: Wilson but he transported white women across state lines for in moral.
Speaker 2: Reasons that's not. Good let's see what. Else and Also Frank Lloyd, wright the architect what was accused of violating The Man. Act he was a Resident, Minnetoka, minnesota but the charges are dropped when certain greenbacks made an. Appearance and then you also Have Gislaine, maxwell one of your, buddies you, know with The epstein.
Speaker 5: File she was.
Speaker 1: Convicted they changed the law to include women as perpetrators of taking men across state lines for more.
Speaker 2: Reasons now that's what's happened to you many.
Speaker 1: Times many TIMES i had women in their minds do nasty things to. Me and she was convicted of that along with sex, trafficking which is a problem because he did he was found not guilty of. Trafficking what's her name for, Sex. Cassie and Also Jane, doe but was convicted of the lesser, offensive taking her across state lines.
Speaker 2: For he got nothing for kicking his girlfriend on that. Video. Nothing so what's that mean you? GET i mean gone because they'rey. Stupid well, probably but the statue ran on that when it happened in twenty. Sixteen the only reason they could save the statue was the statue doesn't begin to run till the last act was committed and in pursuit of The rico, violator so that's why it. Was but they couldn't charge him with that one because the statue did run on that. One but that was part of the evidence account, one three and. Five you know What i'm, saying Doesn't rico violate or play for The reds or? Something rico used to play With Rico carti was his. Name Randy rico's On channel. Five she's Wrapping Randy rico to. You Sean diddy. Convicted we say all The we say all the best of popular halftime Reporter. Willie i'm sure you've seen her at Various xavier games at. Halftime Red panda injured last night in a performance in THE wnba In. Minneapolis was she ride that that unicycle eight feet off the ground and balances bowls on her. Head i've seen that she fell last night and hurt. Herself oh, no, yeah what's her name, Again Red. PANDA i saw her at A xavior. Game she did things nobody could do. Well she had a little problem last, night fell down wrist and her back. End so she was juggling balls on a. Unicide, no, bowls, balls bowls balls that she flips them up in The montgomery end.
Speaker 1: RIBS i think mongumery and. Riffs so she had, bowls bowls, right not b a. Ls, no she had bowles and then she would get them and throw them up in the air and catch them.
Speaker 2: In, Unison indianapolis on a short list of the city's now interested in AN nhl expansion. Team the cost for an expansion fee to run in THE nhl now is two billion. Dollars where Is Andy furman when we need? Them Ferball, Atlanta, Houston New, orleans And, Austin texas want to be in the running two million dollars for this two billion to get into the THE. Nhl you're making that. Up, no it's right. Here according to The Daily Face, Off, eh, yeah sounds like. Hockey SO i say bring back The atlanta Of, flames The Houston, arrows and The Indianapolis. Racers that's Where Wayne gretzky.
Speaker 1: Started it can't be two billion segment two billion dollars for a, team right an expansion. Fee you're making it. Up i'm just saying it's two. Million, Also, willie on this date eighty eight years, ago What.
Speaker 2: Amelia earhart's plane disappeared in The South pacific as in nineteen thirty, seven and they think a hurricane or a typhoon off this island in the middle of, nowhere there is a picture of a plane in the. Sand what she's been? Located, WELL i mean at least the. Plane she still. Alive. No, also this Is WORLD Ufo. Day that was a stupid. Question let's. See also we say happy birthday to the. Mayor number twenty one just heard his hand for of, All, no not, him he's worried about his. Haircut Sean, casey number twenty one forever birthday, today and then number eighty eight is eighty eighth birthday. Today sean did he combs no to the? King not At Elvis Elms. No who's the? King The? King? Lawler, No Jerry, Lawler, No, No Richard, petty he's The, King he's the eighty eight years young today For Richard, PETTY i Thought trump was the. King they're mad at, that you, know no, king that kind of. Stuff, NO i don't think so that's not. Him it's Not Jerry, Lawler.
Speaker 4: No it's.
Speaker 2: Not Also, willie don't miss out on The hawk's. Word Blood Blood Center Blood drive tomorrow eleven am to five pm At Great American. Ballpark donors are going to receive a real Cool RED'S t, Shirt red's, hat and tickets tomorrow At Great American ballpark for The Hawksworth Blood Center Andrew Blood drive At Great American ballpark eleven am to Five.
Speaker 1: Fact The reds brought in a bunch of goodies and they're being thrown away. Easily people just taking them like. Crazy. Correct got a text here from From Austin.
Speaker 2: Elmo now WHAT i got to put up with? Him in Wild, Man.
Speaker 1: He's predicting that The reds will win six games in the month Of. July how do you do In? June let's be drunk. Again ALL i can say, is how's your Girlfriend Sarah? Elise and of course Kid? Chris what about those? Two what can you tell? Me they're out of control of the. Morning do you give them under?
Speaker 2: Control, no they. Can't they say ABOUT P diddy And Brian. COMBS i really didn't say anything because they didn't know the verdict this. Morning oh you know it, Now i'm sure. Shocked i'm sure Kid chris is happy on the pulse of the the activity of this. TRIAL i wonder if he's transported a woman across state lines with immoral. INTENT i don't, know how about you? Segment come, on come, on, NO i only drove her Around Cole. Rain that's cheer leader to called you you would have been right. THERE i guarantee you. Mind what's her? Name you give me your name once years head you are out of your? Mind when's she on The olympic team or? Something don't? Forget will eat the big news Now, Friday july the, fourth that's.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: Enjoy all you Can eat is the Montgomery in world famous ribs And Saratoga chips thirty four to ninety five per season at both the original Montgomery in and The Boat house will be Open friday from noon until eight for this fourth Of. July all you Can eat special.
Speaker 1: Event but no carry out. Segment, Right no can you want to take bags with you and they can't do. That on seven HUNDRED wlw By billy cunning Into Great, America Who, Continue we never?
Speaker 2: Stop recent we continue And Reds baseball kicks off and without a pregame show starting about two twenty five this, say, afternoon in about fifteen, minutes and then after the conclusion of that, game we go To Eddie fingers in The rock until about six o'clock and then a little pregame action With lance McAllister first. Pitch so today's kind of like a double dipper and The reds are in the fourth, inning they're losing two to. One pick up the game right, there so we'll do that in about fifteen. Minutes until, then more information came out About Brian. Coberger he's the murderer who killed those four college, kids and he pled guilty and to all four charges in, fact in addition to burglary and weapons, charges. Etc and he's going to receive On july twenty, third a sentence agreed to by the two, parties the two parties being The state Of idaho And Brian. Coburger that is an agreed upon. Sentence, now normally you would sentence someone.
Speaker 1: Immediately, However idaho law require A, pdr which is A Probation apartment report that gives the judge about a ten page history as to Who Brian coburger, is where he went to, school where he's worked in the, past and the previous criminal. Record in, others someone's social. History now it's required by law In, idaho but normally this judge would not require such things, because having spent the last couple of years with the, case he doesn't need to know a lot more About Brian. Coburger, nonetheless the family members of these Four idaho college kids are more than angry about the. Consequences as you may, know the victims' families or not parties to the lawsuit to complain or the indictment A state Of ohio Versus Brian, coburger and for reasons best known to the, prosecutors they did not require the defendant to disgorge all the information he knew about the. Offenses, now to, me that's, Wrong, however it's. Legal that is that when you're the judge and the parties to a criminal complaint reach a, resolution you're hard pressed to overturn. It because at this, point the state Of idaho is determined that they do not want to continue to seek the death penalty to have him execute it because of the uncertainty of it ever being carried out. Anyway plus it saves the state Of idaho thousands of hours of. Work there's a death row inmate In mississippi who was on death row for twenty nine years just recently he was. Executed so the family needs to know that In coburger's, case he's a thirty year old former PhD student in, criminology that he's got four consecutive life sentences without possibility of, parole which means after he serves one, sentence he's got to serve the next, one the next, one and the next.
Speaker 2: ONE i guess the.
Speaker 1: Fear is down the road that some governor In idaho could commute his, sentence which is certainly possible but quite. Unlikely so they're going to.
Speaker 2: Prepare The Probation apartment In idaho is going to prepare about a ten page written report On Brian, coberger and then the judger used that as a reason to sentence him On july the twenty. Third to four consecutive life sentences without possibility of. Parole could the state have required a disgorgement By coburger as to the facts of the. Case, yes did they do?
Speaker 1: It, no Because coburger has The Fifth amendment right the issue give no statements against his self insurer self. Incrimination but the state could have, said we have no duty to accept your.
Speaker 2: Plea we can say we're going for the death.
Speaker 1: Penalty the only reason we would accept it Is Number, one you disgorge all the facts known to you about. You why you murdered these four incent? People where is the murder? Weapon why didn't you kill the other? Two what was your? Motivation what did you do after you committed the? Murders where did you secrete the murder weapons or other persons? Involved how did you get to the scene of. Crime how'd you get? Away we look to look for you for, months where were you in the? Meantime et. Cetera but The state Of idaho did not go through that. Process could they have done?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Yes Did Brian coburger have to tell them what they wanted to? Know, no the deal has been, struck the judge signed off on, it the death penalty has been, avoided And coburger looks at spending the next not on a fifty sixty years in An idaho state. Prison take a short. Break we, continue and as we, continue and we're going to have more updates on THE.
Speaker 2: P diddy. Situation by what's going to?
Speaker 1: Happen at five o'clock today In New York city two, fifteen home of Your Red's News radio seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 2: WLW i believe cunning.
Speaker 1: Him The Great American Rights baseball kicks off in about five minutes right. Here complete the first game should take until about four four, thirty and then the second game, starts beginning With lance McAllister about six oh five to night to double dip afternoon pick up from last, night suspend the, game real, game the whole game starting about seven to ten to night From. Boston and it was announced during the break that there's going to be an effort by The Defense council FOR. P diddy to have a bond set about five o'clock, today AND i would Anticipate i'll go on records saying there should be a bond. Set the likely will be a bond set THAT. P diddy will be able to, make which may include ankle, monitors may include reporting, requirements may involve putting up His miami mansion or the one In, california et. Cetera according to one, ESTIMATE P diddy was worth three to four one hundred million, dollars and there was speculation off to my left on AS i monitor everything for you on your behalf that is a brand has not necessarily been that. Damaged And i'm thinking of having watched what he allegedly did over the past two months of a. Trial if that doesn't damage someone's, BRAND i don't know what. Does it reminds me of The iranian leader saying they won the war Against israel and THE. Us if that looks like a. VICTORY i don't want to see what a defeat looks. Like but in today's, world who knows what's going to. Happen the sentencing guidelines for someone such AS P diddy is about two to four years on each, count and there were two different women, involved found guilty of which was count three and count, five both violations of the so Called Man act that makes it illegal for a person to transport another person across state lines with the purpose of prostitution or, debauchery or for any immoral. Purpose and to, me that's like A irs tax violation when really it's Al capone having committed. Murder its kind of like the last. Thing he makes sure he's guilty of something and off to my. Left the speculation is THE us government fumbled this case miserably by not bringing domestic violence charges against. Him of, course they could not be brought from the twenty sixteen incident and The Continental hotel because the statue had run and by the time this thing percolated up to a criminal, level a lot of The statute of limitations had run on criminal, acts so they had to go with the, one which is The Rico rockettere influence corruption organization, account which the statue doesn't begin to run on that until the last legal act had been, committed and they alleged it was an ongoing. Conspiracy of, course he was found not guilty of that. One so at the end of the, day the government has spent millions and millions of dollars locked UP. P diddy for the last year and a. Half and if this guy WAS P smith instead OF P diddy number, one The Man act violations never would have been charged in the first. Place there should have been domestic violence charges immediately filed for kicking that poor Woman Cassie, ventura but they waited too long to file those, charges so they went for something more, serious and the jury In New York city said. No In New York, CITY. P diddy is a living legend born. There him and his entourage donated to magnificent amounts of money to many charitable causes In New York. City has a big home, there along Within, miami along Within Los, angeles along with a condominium In Las.
Speaker 2: Vegas and he gave away money.
Speaker 1: Freely AND i thought it would be difficult to get a conviction OF. P diddy In New York, city just as it would be guilty of somewhat difficulty the conviction of.
Speaker 2: The JEWS. O.
Speaker 1: J simpson In Los. Angeles and this was a majority black jury that thought the government overreached and said we're not going with. It we say, no and they said no in a loud. Way so at five, o'clock in about two and a half, hours you're going to have the effort to get him. Out there'll be a sentencing date set about four to eight weeks from. Now he'll likely be on bond for those periods of, time under restrictions to not to do certain. Things and the life now of fifty, cents probably worth it out a quarter BECAUSE P diddy is a, killer he's a, murderer he's a vicious human being that needs to be locked.
Speaker 2: Up, well let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: Rights baseball begins out Of, boston no, pregame, show right to the, action and we're gonna have all Day Reds baseball with The Red soxx and. More that's home The reds and all other Great.
Speaker 2: Americans of, course that would Be News radio seven HUNDRED, Wlw, cincinnati