Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The American Way is back, and I don't think this has come out of the gate kind of question. Has there been another moment in your lifetime? Has it been another moment that just felt so much like things were shifting dramatically for the better. I'm not talking about puppies and rainbows and they'll never be pain again. I'm just talking about a major landscape shift, not just in America but in the world, you know, and coming obviously at the same time as President Trump winning re election. Have you, well, I can't put it that way, winning a second term? So have you lived through a moment? Have you lived through a moment where there's been such an obvious positive shift eight five five, four zero five eight two five five The number techs d an five seven, seven through nine. If you disagree with my premise, obviously we'll start there right. If you don't think that such a dramatic, major, obvious dynamic is occurring in America and the world today. So I want to get your take on that, because I believe it is, and I believe that there are many, many tangible signs of that, and in fact, each day seems to bring another one right. And it's it's not as if you know how life is. No matter how well things are going, it's not as if there's ever going to be a straight arrow up on a graph. There are always going to be ups and downs. But where's that trend line? And I think what we've seen since the election day Donald Trump won that decisive second term. I think what we've seen is that line going from trending down to trending up, with some ups and downs, but a.
Speaker 2: Clear trend up.
Speaker 1: And critically, you know, most dramatic in those categories that matter most, such as you know, world peace, safety and security, etc. So I want to get your take on that, and that ties into the local stuff as well, because listen, I think this is just gravity, and this is the reality in Colorado.
Speaker 2: It's just gravity. If you have.
Speaker 1: Lefty policies in place, if the left controls your place, whether your place is a teeny village or it's a city or it's a state, then that place is going to deteriorate. That place is going to degrade over time, and how quickly. It just depends on a bunch of different factors. But we're experiencing that here in Colorado, right, I mean, can anybody really make an argument that sense leftist rule took over in Colorado that things have gotten better in what way?
Speaker 2: I'd be curious.
Speaker 1: There may be some way out there in what way if it all? Has Colorado gotten better under leftist rule? And it's easy to point ten or twenty different ways it's gotten worse. And that's just gravity. That's just what's going to happen. When you've got bad ideas in place, and no matter how nice, sir, charming, or smart or otherwise competent the people executing those policies are pushing those policies, You're going to go downhill because those policies don't work. And then when you layer in competence and other unfortunate things on top of that, it's just going to go downhill quicker. So, yeah, can you point to Ryan, Can anybody point to anything that's gotten better in Colorado since full leftist rule took over? And let's see when would you pin that to time wise? I just want to think about that for a second. When did the Republicans get everything statewide and really start to build those majorities in the legislature. Different people have different takes on that, but probably probably go back to twenty twelve at the latest. But in any case, has anything gotten better since they took over?
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 1: Related question in Colorado how bad does it have to get before the voters say no, we're going to give the Republicans a chance again statewide?
Speaker 2: How bad would that have to get?
Speaker 1: My premise, as you know, if you're kind enough to listen to this show, is that deterioration alone will never be enough to put Republicans back in power. It will never be enough. It's going to take a combination of deterioration and some other circumstances. You know, the right candidate on the right, that the wrong candidate on the.
Speaker 2: Left, et cetera.
Speaker 1: But deterioration alone, no, I don't think that's going to flip Colorado from a D plus whatever state statewide to Republicans winning.
Speaker 2: But can it be done?
Speaker 1: You bet eight foy five for zero five A two five five takes D an five, seven, seven, three nine. I want to keep talking about this really important study came out nationally that showed traffic in Colorado, in the Denver metro in particular, getting worse at a faster clip than any city in America. Why that's occurring? In what the fix is? Because if you're listening to this show, chances are you're either on the road now, or you were at some point today, or you will be soon. It's just a real important part of all of our lives. And it is a tax, roadway congestion. And Ryan, can you please, I don't know, can we copyright this trademark, this whatever. I'm not sure it's ever been said before, but congestion on our roadways is a tax. It taxes you, and it taxes you something far more important than money. It taxes you your time. And yes, it's a tax. You can escape if you decide to just, you know, move out to the middle of nowhere, somewhere where there is no traffic. But you escape it at an unreasonably high price, you know, and you shouldn't have to.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have to.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how any politician from any party gets re elected if during their tenuere traffic gets worse, right, they'd have to do something really really special in some other area to way that. So I did want to keep talking about why is traffic getting so much worse in the Denver metro area than any other city in the country eight five or Z five E two five.
Speaker 2: Five texts dam five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling one way or the other will end up continuing our conversation yesterday about the Rolling Stones and about this very fair question are they just satanic? Are they just satanic? And this is coming from a guy who twenty four hours ago really enjoyed the Stones, been to their concerts, really enjoyed them. But then a caller educates me on some of their lyrics, which truly are the lyrics are satanic blatantly, And then the lyrics are also in Brown Sugar satanic in the sense that only and could celebrate slavery, sexual torture, etc. As the Rolling Stones doing that song. So one way or the other, I think we end up back there now.
Speaker 3: I did get finally a response from my father, who was twenty four years old when that song came out Brown Sugar in nineteen seventy one, he lived through it. Big fan of the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones, and I asked him about, you know, song of the Times early seventies, was it controversial in its time? And he replied with the following. Now, I must preface this. He's not a religious man at all. He's agnostic at best. But he said, quote, I personally didn't see the song as controversial. The fact that Jagger seems to be romanticizing black girls could be interpreted as controversial for the Times.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was pretty cool. That was for my death?
Speaker 1: Well, and I get that because I think the broad impression is that that's what Jagger was doing.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what everybody thought. But then yesterday we get this caller who actually gets into the lyrics. And when you actually hear the lyrics at that point, no decent person, I mean, no one other than Satan himself could endorse those lyrics, right, And so that just brings me back to, in reality, is that band satanic? And let me quote the lyrics, And.
Speaker 2: Again I had no clue.
Speaker 1: I just thought the Brown Sugar this and that, okay, singing about you liking black women. But here's what the lyrics actually are. Yeah, Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields, sold in a market down in New Orleans, scarred old slaver knows he's doing all right. Hear him whip the women just around midnight.
Speaker 2: That's Satan.
Speaker 1: I mean, who other than Satan could write those lyrics celebrating celebrating a slaver raping his female slaves. And then the song gets worse from there. But play the play the song real time when we come back, if you would, Ryan, because yeah, I think most people had the other impression. So my question now isn't hey, is everybody who enjoyed that song in a concert or racist? No, that isn't my question. My question is is that band satanic? Because it it wrote that song, it recorded that song, you can be sure it thought about the lyrics, and it played that song thousands of times in concerts celebrating slavery and sexual torture. So I was right it was going to come up on the show again.
Speaker 2: Today. We raised it height.
Speaker 1: Five four zero five two five five text d an five seven seven three nights. So when we come back, we'll get to some of those texts. And I want to talk about some of this other local stuff over arc on the show today. How could you not We're just going to play a lot of trump sound, a lot of trump sound from that instant classic press or get into some of the issues it raises. But locally, I also want to find out from you whether you think Aurora should sue Denver because Mayor Mike Kauffman coming out. He put it in the gazette. He says Denver mayor secretly worked with non governmental groups to unload a bunch of Venezuela and immigrants on Aurora and is badly damaged Aura in the process. So do you think there's a valid lawsuit there? Eight five eight two five five. Y're on the Dan Kapler Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That'll be the last time you ever hear that song on this show.
Speaker 1: And the reason I asked for it is not to enjoy it or anything else, but to condemn it and to point out that I think virtually all of us forever have just thought that song was Mick Jagger thinking about how he was attracted to women of color. And then a caller points out yesterday, no it's actually celebrating slavery and sexual torture and rape, and the caller one correct, and that just raises the issue is that band truly satanic?
Speaker 2: Because only Satan could do that?
Speaker 1: And you have another song of theirs that just is flat out praising and endorsing Satan. So anyway, that's just out there. We talked about it a bunch later in the show yesterday. If you have thoughts, happy to take them, particularly if you disagree. Lots of other ground to cover today, wanted to throw this out there for you. I don't think there's any question about who the Denver Post is pushing and endorsing for governor, and that would be Phil Wiser. Have you noticed you ever? You go to the Post news website right right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm there multiple times a day, not because I agree with them editorially, but obviously I'm preparing for the show. And this breaking news banner, at least on my phone, breaking news banner that's been up for about what a week now, at the top of their website every single day every time I go there, breaking Attorney General Phil Wiser announces run for Colorado governor.
Speaker 2: That's odd, didn't that happen about a week ago. I was out of town. But didn't that happen a week ago?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 1: Okay, how is that breaking news a week later? And listen, I understand it. If Martians have landed in Colorado and they've like taken over the capitol and now you got little green men and women running the state, then you run that banner for a week, right, But Phil Wiser, who's polling at eight percent among Democrats, announces for governor and they run a breaking news banner for a week.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I think it's just it's what we suspected before, right when you saw you saw Kyle Clark going after Jenna Griswold so hard, But then you didn't see you didn't see police calling for a resignation or Wiser, you didn't see a special council appointed, etc. I called it on air at that point. You know, the powers that be on the left want Griswold out of the way. They want Wiser is their nominee. And I think the Post now openly obviously endorsing Wiser and trying to convince people this is really some important kind of news when I think it's a total yawner for everybody except that eight percent.
Speaker 2: But yeah, breaking news.
Speaker 1: So let's say, and soon we'll have some Republican candidates declaring. Right, let's say a Republican candidate declaries, Do you think you're going to have that banner up there for a week?
Speaker 2: I would bet against that.
Speaker 1: Hey want to get to just some of this awesome sound before they had a text or to Dan. The sad thing about the seventies music, which I grew up listening to also is a lot of times we didn't pay attention to the lyrics. We just liked the music and then listen, there are plenty of those songs where you'd try to pay attention to lyrics but you couldn't understand them, right, just couldn't understand them. But let me get back because I think it's instant, classic stuff. And obviously the world already is so much better off because Donald Trump is one reelection and he hasn't sworn in for that second term yet. But some of the greatest hits from yesterday, and then some of the issues that we want to kick around.
Speaker 7: Remember, this is a man that said he wants the transition to be smooth.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't do the.
Speaker 7: Kind of things you don't have a judge working real hard to try and embarrass you because I did nothing wrong. By the way, I did nothing, absolutely nothing wrong. If I did something wrong, I wouldn't be standing here right now because I won all these cases. Nobody's ever won so many cases as I have against the Justice Department. I mean, Jacksmith had cases all over the place. People were being subpoened, the lives were being ruined, they were spending everything they had money. We were helping them out, we had to. They they were stupoating people from that had no idea what they were even talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, and of course he won the biggest case at all of all in the court of public opinion, right because obviously the left was trying to misuse the legal system politically motivated prosecutions to jail a political opponent they could not defeat at the polls. And they were right that they couldn't defeat them at the polls. They were wrong to threaten the very foundation of this country by abusing the legal system to jail a political opponent.
Speaker 2: That's third world stuff.
Speaker 1: And as predicted on the show, the American people rejected the third world stuff very decisively. So yeah, he not only won, and you know in the broad sense, you know those cases, he won the biggest case of all in the court of public opinion.
Speaker 7: That's a sick group of people, and it was all to influence the election. It was all a fight against a political opponent. We've never had that in this country. We have had that in certain countries. We've had that in.
Speaker 2: Third giear countries.
Speaker 7: We've had that in Banana republics, but we've never had that in a place like the United States. I don't even know if it's been on a small level. I'm sure it has been on a small level, but this was the largest level ever.
Speaker 2: They brought this moron out of the Hague. He's a mean guy.
Speaker 6: He's a mean, nasty guy.
Speaker 7: His picture was perfect because you look at his picture, you say, that's a bad guy with his robe, his purple robe, and he executed.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 7: To execute people because he'll execute everybody. He's a nutsyep. But we want all of those cases with him.
Speaker 1: This is going to be a very highly entertained four years, right. I mean, this is going to be great because listen, this lawfair thing is we've talked about this country cannot be. If you disagree with the premise, let me know, and you know, we'll let the best argument win. But this country cannot be destroyed from the outside, literally cannot be. It's not physically possible. God forbid. Some enemy could nuke every city in this country, and this nation would only be brought closer together. It can only be destroyed by the in from the inside. And if you want to destroy it from the inside, the quickest way to do that is the kind of lawfare that the Biden administration and the left unleashed. The very quickest way to destroy this country. Two different justice systems undermine rule of law. That's how you just destroy the United States of America. So Trump winning is about so much more than even the very importance of Trump winning. It saved the country from this because you could be sure one thing, right, if the left had succeeded with this lawfair against Donald Trump, with this corruption of the system.
Speaker 2: This undermining of America, you would see.
Speaker 1: It from the left at every single level, everywhere, including in Colorado. You would have it being abused today all over Colorado. If it had worked for the left against Donald Trump. So the country once again, as it did in sixteen, it saved itself Donald Trump once again by getting elected, save the country from something even bigger than these individually terrible leftist policies. So when we come back so much more just it will be, it will be everlasting sound from Trump and that presser yesterday. He had his A plus game, but then really want to dig into the issues raised. Can have a special guest right after the break on my penetrating question, should Aurora sue Denver over the dumping of folks here ilegally in Aurora. You're on the Dankpla Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Glad you are here talking about literally seven different things right now, most of them local, but playing Trump sound throughout the show from that amazing presser yesterday. It portends great things for the four years to come and does some of the big issues raised there. But very pleased to go to the VIP line. Welcome a truly courageous person. This video that swept America and just brought into living rooms across this nation the reality of the costs, the way too high cost of these wide open borders. Was video that Cindy Romero deserves credit for a courageous resident of one of those apartment complexes in Aurora, and she brought that video to the media so the public could see the reality of TDA and the reality of the terrorism that was going on right here in America in this case in Aurora, which then leads to this question, should Aurora suit Denver? Because maryork Kaufman has now written a piece for the Gazette laying out his case.
Speaker 2: Is his case that.
Speaker 1: Denver uh secretly dumped all sorts of immigrants into Aurora, didn't tell Aurora what they were doing, harmed Aurora greatly in the process. Should Aurora suit Denver? Sendy Romero, Welcome back to the dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi, how are you doing well?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. How are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm living a dream day by day. I'm just trying to here.
Speaker 1: I love that. And so, Sindy, what's your take on this? Should Aurora suit Denver? I mean, you know, if there is a cause of action, But should Aurora.
Speaker 5: Suit Denver if they can find president for it? I feel like absolutely, I feel like Denver's responsible. I have been very vocal that I blame both mayors and I blame the governor. For allowing it to continue to happen. The city manager in Aurora, of course, never came out and did anything forward about preventing this. They knew about it almost a full year before I reported it. It's a very unique situation where I believe the mayor of Denver was responsible and knowingly pushed these people into Aurora and surrounding counties and then denied the spread, and then has the nerve to come out and say, you know, Mayor Craft, and I don't know why you have problems with gangs. We don't have those problems in Denver.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So insidious.
Speaker 1: And then also with lawless Mike Johnston, the mayor of Denver, coming out and just hotlier than now, bragging about we welcome newcomers, we embrace our newcomers. Yeah, and then they dump a bunch of newcomers off on Aurora.
Speaker 2: It's out even telling Aurora.
Speaker 5: And aren't taking care of them. They may have placed them there, they may have supported pushing them there, but now they're not supporting them at all. They're not helping. See these people who are in the building, still starving and being victims of game.
Speaker 1: Well, but wait to say my starting point and I bet you'd agree, is that it's morally wrong. I guess the court's left to test if aurorasus whether it's legally wrong. But it's morally wrong, it's fundamentally dishonest. It tells you very bad things about lawless Mike Johnston and others involved in this on the left.
Speaker 2: That they would do that, that they would do it secretly.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you're going to do it, then just tell everybody you're doing it. Then Aurora can prepare for it. Aurora can try to fight it and stop it, you know, politically, maybe legally, but then Aurora can prepare for it. The residents can be warned about it. Everybody can, you know, do their best, make their own best decisions to try to to protect their own situation. But instead they do this deceptively. And you know, people lie for a reason. Right when I say that to jury's, hey, I catch somebody in line say people lie for a reason. Every head nods. People know it's true. They kept the mayor of Denver kept this secret. If Mayor Kaufman's correct, and his column convinces me Johnston kept its secret for a reason, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, And he's still not making any comment about it other than that's your problem, Aurora, y'all better fix it. He's not making any kind of you know, outcry. Well, of course, if they need help, we're here to help. They caused the problem, he's just not accepting any responsibility for it. Not that I hold Mayor Kaufman any less responsible because he refused to acknowledge the problem. And the part of this is getting ahead of it. Do you acknowledge the problem so you can fix it? And they're still not fixing it. And that's what's the problem for me. And that's why I'm going to keep continuing to go meet these mayors out in public. Every time they come to speak to the public. I'm going to come and I'm going to be there and be there to question them and press them on acknowledging the problem. I'm tired of this being swept under the rug. This is affecting too many people now well needs to be acknowledged so we can fix it.
Speaker 2: And Cindy, you can.
Speaker 1: You can speak with more credibility on this than anybody because you took real personal risk in order to protect others by making this public. So you come to the table with great credibility and then you know, obviously you have others who are just trying to protect their turf, and Johnston the worst of the lot, right, I mean, because to me, what that reflects that Mike Johnston did, it reflects just a profound lack of respect for human life, because if you truly respected human life, and he so insidiously pretends to be holier than now right when when he shows such disrespect for human life, because if he, if he cared about life, he would advise everybody what was going on. He would make sure that everybody had that opportunity to protect themselves. But for Mike Johnston, it's all about Mike Johnston, and he wanted that trouble out of Denver and into Aurora, no matter who it ended up getting hurt.
Speaker 5: Well, he was focused on solving his homelessness problems with billing his promises, and I understand that, but he caused so many other people to be victimized in the pursuit of throwing money at homelessness like that is the you know, the ultimate solution to it, which I disagree. And I see that these people are a burden on Aurora because they're living rent free, they're not paying taxes, they're not. They don't have jobs. They're taking from the community and committing crimes like it's not a war. Taxpayer's responsibility to continue to pay for these people, and it's horrible that they're being left there to fend for themselves. With the immigration policies of our previous administration, they only have so many choices, and if they can't find a way to citizenship, which we know now, you know ninety percent of them aren't going to find a way to citizenship. They they're stuck here. Now, someone needs to do something. I feel like it's a lack of character on both the mayor's part to just keep denying that it is a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, Cindy, thanks in large part to you stepping up, they won't be able to deny it when the Trump administration shows up to enforce the law and starts by saying, Hey, anybody here illegally committing other crimes, we're getting you out of the country. Anybody here illegally who's been adjudicated, we're getting out of the country. Obviously, thanks to you, the Trump administration very focused on TDA, and so they won't be able to deny that. But hey, so grateful for your time again and all of your efforts, and I hope we talk again soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much for having me. You have a wonderful daddy.
Speaker 2: And Cindy, how can are you on social media? How do people follow you?
Speaker 5: You can follow me n C two sixty six on X.
Speaker 2: Hey what is that again?
Speaker 1: N C six All right, thanks, Cindy appreciated. That is Cindy Romero. Yes, she was the one who captured that video that brought this really important truth to the world. And of course, what does Jared Polis do? He comes out and denies it, says, oh no, that's that's a figment of Danielle Jerinsky's imagination until this video prove Polis is doing what Polis so often does, right, which is perfect timing for this.
Speaker 8: And you're saying, we're addressing them, and that's what you're upset about, Madam Speaker. I want you amount of speaker to address me. The reason that.
Speaker 5: They are here.
Speaker 8: They are here because our government is tearing apart their families.
Speaker 1: Madam Speaker, Well, gentlemen from Colorado understand all member of.
Speaker 9: The Speaker understand that the speaker is obstructing HR fifteen from coming to the floor, will speak, Will a speaker understand that Tony leaders, Will the speaker understand.
Speaker 2: That gentleman be proceeed?
Speaker 8: Will the speaker understand that the speaker is preventing Hr fifteen from.
Speaker 4: Coming to the floor.
Speaker 8: And that is why there are men and women in the gallery that potentially face deportation and their families are being torn apart.
Speaker 2: It's very simple. It's very simple, very simple, Madam Speaker, do you think he was on something?
Speaker 1: I mean, that is probably the single most sexist thing that's happened on the floor of the House in modern American history, done by Jared Polis. That was a female not now deceeased congresswoman who was serving a Speaker of the House, and just in the tone, the abusiveness, everything he did there, the sexism just oozed right. And that's Jared Polus. What does that tell you?
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 6: You want to get back those hostages for and for us.
Speaker 7: You know, we do have people that a hostage is being held. And I'll just say it again, if this deal is not done with the people representing our nation by the time I get to office, all hell is going to break out.
Speaker 1: You see that report today, I'm not sure it's accurate that there may only be twenty hostages still alive.
Speaker 4: I'd be surprised if there's that many alive.
Speaker 1: Frankly, yeah, I mean, you talk about Satan, right, and I don't think there's any doubt that the devil is real. And then you look at people who just and groups that just act the same way that Satan would, and obviously put Hamas and how it butchered Israel into that category. And then the question that we've been kicking around since. A caller called yesterday and educated us on some Rolling Stones lyrics that are glorifying slavery and sexual torture of slaves. You know, is that band Satanic? So eight f five for zero five A two five five the number one of the many topics on the table today. Another one is and Cindy Romero joined us a few minutes ago. She was a brave woman who was able to capture that video showing the reality of TDA taking over that apartment complex, and it educated the nation. I have no doubt that it helped Trump in the election. I'm not saying it's the reason he won, but it opened the nation's eyes to the price being paid through these wide open borders. And Trump then launches Operation Aurora, as you heard. But it raises the question now that Mike Kaufman saying he has proof that Denver secretly dumped a whole bunch of migrants into Aurora without telling Aurora and then used the allegation is these non governmental organizations to accomplish it. Should Denver have to pay reparations to Aurora? Does Aurora have a good lawsuit against Denver? Texter says Dan It sounds like Denver is a malpractice suit against them. It's like a doctor that notices you have a cancer but says nothing about it until a whole year later, and now it's infested your body. I think the better comparison, respectfully, would be a doctor who places that cancer into somebody and then doesn't tell them. Now, of course, I've never heard of a doctor doing that, and I know I can't believe a doctor ever would, But that's what Mayor Kaufman is accusing Denver of doing. And I'm not saying that every person here, ilegally, every migrant or anything like that is a cancer. That's not the point. The point is that when you take a group of people who have just come into this country due to your party, lawless Mike's party, Mike Johnston's party, and they've just come into this country, they don't have any way to support themselves, and then you secretly dump them on another city. It's not the individuals who constitute the cancer, it's the dynamic that constitutes the cancer and the danger in this case to Aurora. So I don't know whether there is a valid legal cause.
Speaker 2: Of action there.
Speaker 1: I hope there is, because in a just society, Denver should have to pay Aurora for this. Kevin in Boulder, you're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Hey, you know you misquoted me today? All right, all I call my lawyers calls.
Speaker 2: Ryan, do we have my lawyer available?
Speaker 4: I'll check?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Kevin?
Speaker 6: What is it some of your calls? Being trained legally myself, I maybe I'm more likely to catch things, But with a lot of calls, I can tell when you're using your legal lawyerly training in the statements you make or the questions you ask. But then there's calls where it's like you're not using that.
Speaker 2: Can you be a little more specific, Well.
Speaker 6: You malign people or make statements about them that you have no way of knowing are true.
Speaker 2: Like what what?
Speaker 6: Well? You accuse me of being a tax evader last year?
Speaker 2: What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 6: One thing about it?
Speaker 2: Kevin? What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: I mean today, when I called about run Sugar, who is this guy? Did I say it was a song about rape or sexual torture of women? I said it was a song about the history of slavery. Could you do your listeners a favor and Wikipedia's Sympathy for the Devil and read us the true meaning as told by Mick Jagger who wrote it.
Speaker 1: Now, Kevin, let me ask you are these lyrics? Can they be interpreted in any other way than glorifying the sexual torture of women? By the way, By the way, Kevin, I was trying to give you credit for alerting me to the reality of those lyrics.
Speaker 2: You don't want to take the credit?
Speaker 6: False credit?
Speaker 2: Okay, well credit, Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you here.
Speaker 6: Let me pull up the lyrics glorify Could you define glorifies? Usually?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Promote in doors?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: That that would be.
Speaker 6: No way of knowing that they were promoting or endorsement. Of course, you do much worse things in it than Brownchie.
Speaker 2: Of course you do, my friend, and you know you do. You want me to respond.
Speaker 1: I guess you don't want me to respond because you know I defeat your argument, and that is.
Speaker 6: It's because you're making nonsense. You want your listeners to believe what you're saying. What I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: You're making my point by interrupting me and stopping me.
Speaker 6: Do that with almost every caller.
Speaker 1: So Kevin, Kevin, No, no, no, let's know. I care about you. I want to get to the bottom of this. What is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Why do you have this agitation? Why? Why do you see.
Speaker 6: You're using your lawyerly training to turn the table on me, make your listeners think crazy or something.
Speaker 1: I don't have to do that for you. I don't have to do that. But here are the lyrics. Tell me how these are anything other than endorsing, glorifying, and promotive. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to put him on pause because he knows he's about to be defeated and he's never gonna stop talking lyrics. Yeah, Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields sold in a market down in New Orleans. Scarred old slaver. Know he's doing all right. Hear him whip the women just around midnight? Brown sugar? How come you taste so good brown sugar, just like a young girl should so, Kevin explained to us. How that is anything other than glorifying slavery, rape and sexual torture.
Speaker 6: Look it up online, Go away, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Come on, this is an adult program.
Speaker 1: You want to call this show and have an intelligen discussion, Let's have it.
Speaker 2: Let there be a battle of ideas.
Speaker 1: But this childish little game of constantly interrupting or avoiding direct questions. I never avoid direct questions. I've been on air almost thirty years, maybe more than thirty years. If you asked me a tough direct question, I'll answer it. People unwilling to do that, they're wasting all of our time. You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.