Speaker 1: Way back Baby season three, and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George Athas.
Speaker 3: And I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the Quick Hairs podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George wished off the pet season now cast and country first year is a corner. We don't walk past, Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch. Only team that's see success this path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's head. And this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that has to sit there for Water's defeat Friday Night. Foot in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see Walls you running for the team. I ain't playing the NFL when he league getting tries every day time we're killing every team. I'm super colicking with all these hands. I cast a month to day.
Speaker 5: George, Nick to the stage.
Speaker 3: Please Weekends Regular Podcast, Season three, Episode ten, Welcome back everyone, Welcome in the team, Artie Tan George.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, how's everybody?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 3: Good, we're all going from tonight a little bit different technical difficulties in the studio, gatting and apologies. Last week we're offline as well, so we missed the week. I had a couple of people texting me saying what's going on? But we're back.
Speaker 5: I had an email to asking if we're all okay.
Speaker 2: So it happened to just such in the driver.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 3: I think that might be the second time in three years now that so we're pretty good for the most part, pretty good.
Speaker 5: First part, most other most too.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Artie's got for ARTI's good thing in the week, but I want to jump the gun before he starts talking, all right, And I just want to say congratulations to Liverpool, thank you taking out the English Premier League. And I believe, I believe, if I'm not wrong, then you know the most decorated club in the Premier League history? Is that right? In England?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've equalled Man United now so we've got twenty I've got more Champions Leagues and stuff, so we're the most successful. But the club, Yeah, yeah, that's right, you're right, Yeah, no, fantastic mate, that was going to be my good thing, to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, but I meant to say it last week, so I made sure. Yeah, so it's yeah, it's over.
Speaker 2: They can't catch.
Speaker 5: Can't catch.
Speaker 2: Game three more games with.
Speaker 3: Five games to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with five yeah absolutely, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But you guys we watched it the other night at one guys lost to Yeah because Corey was saying that he'll just rest the team like you want. It's on a massive, massive deal. I'm like, I would still want to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, sure they do.
Speaker 3: And Georgia Napoly are three points ahead of Inter with three games three games.
Speaker 5: You said it couldn't happen.
Speaker 3: Well, interlost two weeks in a row. You're right, I know, I know right.
Speaker 5: Six six weeks ago was doing the glooms.
Speaker 3: Nappily just needs to wins in a drawing and they've got it. So wow, one game at a time, one game and I.
Speaker 5: Can't and you're and you're your best player or that that that good players.
Speaker 3: Playing for Percejr. Tomorrow morning in the Champions League sever final.
Speaker 5: Yeah talking about Yeah, we're talking about Champions League. We've got another Champions League semi final. Happening. I think tomorrow morning or Saturday morning, Olympia Course basketball play they playing, Yeah, Nicola.
Speaker 3: I've got friends. I've got friends who takes me right and say, oh, Italy are the world champions at you know, volleyball.
Speaker 5: Basketball, basketball, they're playing but or the European Chair, European champions and the thorn, the thorn in the Olympia Course. So they beat them in last year's final and of course in the second semi final in Nicola. But I think, of course playing the big spending Monarca team. Every year they got a new team, those blogs, and I think I think we might have a team in the in the finals.
Speaker 3: Man, So let's not forget. In Australia have progressed through the knocking out stages of the Tasmanian Wolf throwing competition.
Speaker 5: To the dwarf and.
Speaker 2: Oly Olympia Course won the Great Championship in soccer like that. They will crown champions this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah are you a fan? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Well maybe you went for I don't know, never made white the White.
Speaker 6: You know, we're feeling a bit disillusioned with league. If we're talking about this stuff at the beginning.
Speaker 3: People, how many people have switched off already. Have you ever talked some footy.
Speaker 2: Nikka, what's what's in? What's in?
Speaker 3: A something different this week than a real bunker? You're right this way kidding. This is the worst weekend of saying. This is the worst weekend of saying, like, seriously, it just got magic round, became tragic round. It got worse by the day. Some of those calls starting with paramattas one the guy who was airborne and upside down and lender on his head and was penalized for it. Mister Moses getting hit off the ball but no symbian. Some of the other games again then I you know, during the week they came out about the week before and said Cronulla got ripped off against the Tigers because they should have got a penalty and gold the point because the chargedown wasn't square you had. I don't know, I have to look back on Fox, but there were some howls over the weekend, absolute howls in some of those games.
Speaker 5: They're not good, you know.
Speaker 3: Just before you came on, I shared George. I don't know if you watch the Champions League this morning, but I shared, George, there was a penalty I said, this is how it's done in soccer. I showed him the footage. The referee runs to the sideline, looks at the TV, watches the replay, makes a care happens in thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: No, no bunker, bullshit, a TV on the side of the field.
Speaker 5: Know you've told me before how it works. If I've now seen it, I love it. I love it the best.
Speaker 3: I also showed him an example of an offside being given where they use the digital line yep, and said, why can't we use that with forward passes? It's simple or quick, even.
Speaker 6: That they had for magic ground. Why can't we just have that all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even even like.
Speaker 5: It's the spot the Spider camp sort the Spider camp. Apparently it's really expensive to put in every ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even you know what, even if we remove technology altogether, like with the forward past, most of us, you know, fans usually see things the way they want to see them. But for the most part, we can all see an obvious forward pass. We see the same dummy half every week, right, Why can't they just say, you know, go to the bunker. If it's obvious to them, they'll make a ruling. If not they'll send it back to ref's call, which is what's happening anyway. So you can just apply a little bit of logic and at least eliminate half of you know.
Speaker 6: Money is very money is very like. He's very clue with n r L. But he watched all the replays because he came back to mine on Monday, even he watched that Power Game and all the other games and he was like he could see it completely without even knowing all the rules. And he's nine, you know, he could make the correct call. It's not actually that hard. I just we're talking about it before Adie, I didn't realize that the NRL like class action is still going on, So it makes sense why a lot of it's motivated by, you know, the outcome of this potential class action. It has been two years, but it's just right.
Speaker 2: Which class in England the rugby union one.
Speaker 5: Actually it's going to go and when he goes, it's going to be in favor of the players and the rugby in England is chitting their pants. Basically, it's going to be a big conversation. It's going to be really big payoffs.
Speaker 3: In the Warriors Cowboys game. Sorry, there you go in the in the Warriors Cowboys game where the Cowboys almost came back, Warriors scored a try where didn't was tackled without the ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and no one, no one nothing.
Speaker 3: How did it happened that many times over the weekend? It was shameful, honestly, you know it respectfully.
Speaker 6: Like I was watching the I was saying, Adi before I watched the nineteen ninety seven Broncos Grand Final with the Sharks, and I was watching it with Manny, and Manny went was shocked that the ref wasn't calling out every single like coat hanger that was happening.
Speaker 5: But wasn't it a better game?
Speaker 3: Team?
Speaker 5: Wasn't it a better game to watch?
Speaker 6: It's such a better game. And also it was faster, it was less injuries like everything else. Yeah, but the calls were fair, like they were completely fair, whereas now we're going bunker, we're going ref, We're going.
Speaker 5: I remind me, was it was that when they had to ref on the field? Was it one?
Speaker 6: I think it was only one. You guys need to watch it on the weekend, like it's so yeah, son, it was like Jersey's.
Speaker 3: I'm not suggesting for a second that the Sharks didn't deserve to win the game because they did. I'm just saying we could do without these frustrating calls, that's all I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, I got so mad. I turned it off because I said, I'm just over I'm sick of it. And then ten message me ten minutes later and she has put it back, put it back line. I saw it, and I put it back on just in time to see Simonson getting penalized for being airborne upside down and landing on his head and if and if, and they're saying that he tackled the coronal player in the air, Well, then why wasn't a penalty try?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just man, he's talking was he was under him?
Speaker 3: So it's literally like he grabbed a jersey, but he's falling down on the back of Like what do you want him to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could have appeared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, I know. I'm I'm not suggesting that, like I said, they impacted the result. I'm just saying, we can do without this crap.
Speaker 6: It did. It totally impacts the result because when you see the score climbing and climbing, and you have this feeling that it's just not going to go your way. And and interestingly I said to Money, Manny was like, why is during that ninety seven game, He's like, why are the rest being so mean to the Broncos? And I said, well, back then it was only Broncos. Franks was the only Queensland team because I don't think cows are around them. And I said, I I watched the n r L where we had minimal Queensland teams when I was at Manny's age, and I saw how bias the refs were to, you know, new South Wales teams. I said, that's why when I.
Speaker 3: Forget about the grasshopper, grass, you're forgetting about the grasshopper. Oh yeah, you don't know men.
Speaker 7: Very, come on, you've got to You've got to watch the grasshopper.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 5: He was a disgrace.
Speaker 3: It looks like love him, love he looks like Kenny's sister. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying that there's always there's always a bias towards a certain games, certain players, certain teams. And it was back then. You can't don't tell me back in the nineties when you had so many New South Wales teams and one or two Queensland teams. It wasn't bias. Perhaps I wrong, Lens, but that's.
Speaker 5: Do you do you honestly believe that the old biased against the Broncos back in the nineties because that's a really good team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had a great team. But even during Origin if you I always watch games.
Speaker 3: Had seen the grasshopper grasshopper.
Speaker 6: Looking at it. He's on my screen.
Speaker 3: During Origins where he made his name.
Speaker 5: He he gave penalties whether there was no pedal, there was no to give.
Speaker 3: This. Sorry, ten you wouldn't remember this obviously, but I think it was the eighty one. It was either the eighty one Grand Final or semi final. There used to be a referee who Greg Hollywood Hartley, who was pretty openly biased against Parameda and at one point I think, coming with the Grandfather, it might have been a semi final. That's it. We're a female fan ran onto the field and started telling him off, and the Powa players had to, like, you know, hold her by the arm and walk off the field. George, and she ran onto the field and pointing a finger in his face and telling him off, and the power players she said, come on, love, let's get Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I just think when I look at games, and that's why. Well when Manny, when he was watching the game, I was just more excited because it matched my magazine frame up here. But he was like, I can see that they're just being a little bit mean to Broncos players and letting them rub their faces in the dirt. And I said, well, that's why when I watch games now, like it was rough over Magic round, I do want to talk about the previous round. I'm sorry. George b posted, Yeah, forty minutes of perfection.
Speaker 5: Forty minutes of perfection.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I just feel like there is a sometimes there's a bit of a bias, you know, and now that you've got all this other stuff that comes into it too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, obviously what doesn't say obviously we missed last round. But yeah, the Bulldogs get in their first lost Brisbane in that first half.
Speaker 5: That's perfection, perfection, perfection, forty minutes of perfection.
Speaker 3: And we want to go around, Yeah, where is where's that? Seriously?
Speaker 6: I play he was an outlier last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know about to Ricky, but now look they gave I guess the Bulldogs the Broncos gave forty minutes of perfection I haven't seen. I haven't seen. Look, even Pendrifet their best couldn't match that. That performance that was that was awesome. They fell off the second half. It's hard to keep eighty minutes of that type of emotional and physical effort. But you know what, they've got it in them. We thought they've got they've got in them. Now how do you get it out of them? How do you get it out of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sorry, I think it was.
Speaker 5: Gone you you went to the preseason game, Tea. I knew what will happen even before a ball was kicked, and we spoke. We spoke about it two weeks ago, three weeks ago on the pod. I believe that Broncos have got them mentally. I really do Canterbury and they showed it. They showed it they and you know me that. Let me tell you everything good about that first forty minutes. If we think that mister popular as a good coach, everything made done. Everyone moved the Soroudo had. He had four moves to counter the one Serroudo move. How do you how do you how do you get them? How do you get the best defense of kilter? You drop you drop people in uh and they're going sideways. So you're turning the middle forwards shoulders in or out and they're not coming up. So guess what happens all the all their forwards straight through the middle like we saw pain Hulf. I don't worry about what the tackled after pain Huf. How about pain Huf is actual tackle. So, like I said, Madge, it was a Madge master class. There was a Rentals master class. There was a Hunt master class. The forwards were awesome, awesome, and Colbo is a fullback.
Speaker 6: Cobo is not that pre season at game three, we are happy. Yeah, that was. It was almost a exact team that we had, Broncos and Bulldogs and they did just to get Mariner.
Speaker 5: In because I was exactly the same. Tell you it was exactly the same result. It was there. We all put it down to I was a troll match. But to me, the boy language even before the game told me that the Broncos have got a mentally you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that was. Oh you know, I was messaging Anna on Instagram. You don't tell George to watch the game, and She's like, I'll wear fifteen minutes behind and I was like don't tell George to watch my story's.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 5: I love teeth. I love watching really good rugby league. I always say that. And if Broncos think give me that every week, I'm on board. I'm on board. I'm on board. I'm a little bit different to most. Do I want more?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 5: I want more people to do well? Yet? But if someone's giving me outstanding rugby league, I'm on board. I love watching it. I don't care who it is. I don't care who it is.
Speaker 3: Now about we jumping new controversy corner Let's there's a couple of big, big news stories. So Brandon Smith apparently transfer is imminent from the Roosters to the Rabbits. Interesting haggling over a forty thousand difference. At the moment, this is immediate for the rest of this season. I think if he goes to South and under Bennett and focuses on being a nine, I reckon it's a win win for them. To be honest, none will yeah, but Bennett Bennett thinks he's a nine, so I am. I'm curious to see how it plays. I'm curious to see how it plays out because I don't know apart from Craig Bellamy. I don't know if there's any other coach that can get the best out of him, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Hmm, yeah, Look, it's it's gonna happen anywhay. But is he injured. Also, once he back from injury, because.
Speaker 3: Back back, back then, back in five six weeks or something, maybe.
Speaker 5: Back end of the year, I'll get something out of him. But you know what, he never said the rosters, he was not a rooster's top of player. Yeah, so you know he can move on. Now the question, the question is he a good player? Absolutely, I've always said that he's a rugged, hard running is he Is he good half? Yeah, he's good, dumb half. Is he a hooker? Look, I'm going to still say no, even despite what Bennett said. I I actually read a story before on edit Bennet said he's going to put him at lock. But anyway, regardless.
Speaker 3: To that, he's injured.
Speaker 5: He's injured.
Speaker 2: But next next they're going to play next year Exactly. I can't play my lock next year with we can.
Speaker 5: Put you can put they can put Marie on the end on an edge.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, he's never been But also he's never been an eighty minute hooker right, even at Melbourne, so they probably came probably play some back row as well. Yeah, playing lock. You can play back row in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: He would come on and do a cameo and and free up the hooker they I forget his name, the guy Grant, And then he dropped that. When Grant would come on, he like you said, Nicole, will drop drop back to our lock. Look, he's he's good value. He's good value. He's a rugged runner, he's a good defender, and better will get the best out of him. Yeah, for sure, for sure, I reckon he will anyway.
Speaker 3: So apparently what they're saying is that the Roosters want two hundred thousand for the rest of this year, so prepared to pay one sixty. I'm sure they'll meet somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, by the time he's ready to play, he'll be he'll be in the red and good.
Speaker 5: Look, I hope he goes and finds his major again because at the Roosters he being easier.
Speaker 2: He be it.
Speaker 5: No major there whatever I mean, Yeah good.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Trent Robertson's like as a coach, but he's probably been my assumption sidetracked by two things as not Craig Bellamy and b the Sydney lifestyle. Yeah, it seems to have gotten the better of him now he's on podcasts and everything and he's just a lot looser than he was when he was in Melbourne. So maybe he's a little bit distracted. I don't know. Yeah, But also speaking of the Roosters, daily Chairry Evans is going to go there for one year and a one million dollar deal not confirmed, but that's what they're saying for next year. Yeah, one year, yeah, but that's what that's what everyone's saying. Yeah, one year, one mill Just I do homework, So the Kenny's Pod, fifth and last Gus Fox Sports Listeners. We put an incredible amount of research into these shows late night. Yeah, not really just the stuff that we read every day. But yeah, that's what they're saying. So we'll see, we'll see if that happens to it. It's a strange one year. I thought he wanted to but he's going to be thirty seven.
Speaker 2: But it's still mainly offered him in the end two years, two years, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's weird. And what's the bet he'll get a year at a million and you'll probably get in the contentional goat and we're off again. I'd say, you'll probably play. But all you can do is sign him for a year at a time. At thirty seven, he can only have a year at the Roosters because there's too much coming up, he much coming through. You're going to stunt You're going to stunt growth if you if you signed for.
Speaker 3: Two releasing Dominic Young is going back to Newcastle next week.
Speaker 5: Again, not yeah, but no, it happen. Yeah, I heard one hundred percent, you know, but he was. He was never a Rooster's play. It didn't fit in. He wants the place, he wants to play center anyway.
Speaker 3: Apparently for a club that's been so at the top of the at the top of the ladder, not points wise, that's probably a bad metaphor. But it'll been so good with their recruitment. The last eight months has been horrid. The recruitment has been terrible. The players let go and the players they've signed, it's been terrible for a club like that, you know, for a club like that to sign players. Paul Momorowski announced his retirement today. You know, so that these are all mid contracts. Yeah, we'll arguing about Galvin. These are all mid contract players to the club, saying see you later.
Speaker 5: The clearing deck. They're clearing the deck, these kids coming through. They're looking the good, looking, excellent for ten NRL games, they're looking good.
Speaker 3: How about when he comes back in and they've got two wins and everything is no noise coming out of targets her anymore?
Speaker 5: Funny what Victory does or does mac is adult.
Speaker 6: There was some add with him and Luel and a few other people. Who's the guy I was reading about the weekend, who's the replacing d C from Raiders?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got I know he's got to go for the money to kill for his family. But I questioned the fit there.
Speaker 6: Well, they didn't contact him, but his contract apparently.
Speaker 3: You mean.
Speaker 8: You mean the the Raiders mm hmm yeah, the Raiders. Yeah, I think I think is the third year of the second year he gets three years there or two years?
Speaker 2: Are they three? That's why he's gone Cambra over him two and then mainly up to another year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's not the money, is the time period and and Cambra can't keep him because so much underneath. They can't keep him for three years they can't.
Speaker 3: Keep I just sent you. I just sent you a text of that I sent to George and Tan of Ricky Stewart of Magic Grounds. I see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's funny. Have a look at it later, Have a look at Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now there's other reports today that this hasn't going to be facing the sack if he doesn't win twelve out of the last sixteen. That's really that's a big ask. That's a big ask considering their current form, and the feet is in reserve grade.
Speaker 2: They're shocking him around. Apparently, that's what I heard as well two clubs.
Speaker 3: I said, we're wondering.
Speaker 2: Who was going to be the first coach sacked. And you know, we never really had him in the picture, right But.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean, I don't know how solid that is, but this is just what they were a porting.
Speaker 5: So I was waiting for that idea when more more losses came, I was waiting to hear about that. I would like them to think with Daisy, I can't believe des is the issue. I think maybe, well we've seen it. They're shopping. They're shopping there for fitter around, so maybe he's the cancer there. There's something going on because no, I mean you think so up in the officer's team. Yeah, it's it's it's something going on because that lift should not be the body.
Speaker 3: Even if you look at if you look at Parado, we all know and talk about, you know, Gatho and our cg last year, right again, and I just mentioned players who are getting who are getting let go meet contracts. If you look at Paramotter just this year, Bryce cart right, Sean Lane would to move, Greg now has been offered to the Super League, Ryan Madison, Joe Offali and apparently Junior Paulo is going to retire at the end of the year. Now that's that's that's the entire forward pass bes see you later. So I hope he's got a plan.
Speaker 5: He's got.
Speaker 3: But we're seeing it. We're seeing it. We're seeing it a lot again. You know again, it irks me. I don't want to keep going back there. But with all the stuff, the headlines that blew up about Galvin, all these clubs are kicking players out of mid contract and it's okay.
Speaker 6: What happened in the last two weeks coming back in it's insanity.
Speaker 3: They're getting this cat ready for next year or these clubs money, you know what.
Speaker 2: The thing with the thing with Hasler, the Warriors were similar to what the Titans are. They always had the talent can navigate to the next step. And Webster has just weaved his magic since he's been there, been solid. I've got a feeling that's what's going to happen to the times. But they just got to find the right coach. Is not the right coach, They've got to find some youngster, some some young guy that's got new ideas because the old coaches now I'm telling you now Flannigan will be probably next soon if he keeps going with this. But the Flannagans, the Hassler's, or the old guys that you had a bit of success in the early days, they're starting to fail a bit now. They're using the old methods continue going well, but it is just inconsistency. Like He's they're either brilliant or their way off. You know, I just.
Speaker 3: Go like a bit of a yo week in week out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing that's similar about those who though they bank on old players more than the youth, you know what I mean, that takes them a while to bring a youth going, whereas the newer coaches aren't afraid to throw in a youngster, whereas Flannigan, he has been forced to blood in the youngsters this year because the other guys have simply been crap. But Hasler is the same, like he's sort of a little bit.
Speaker 3: Because if you look at Roles the team that Paramatti ran out with, they had five they had four run on players with less than ten games experience. So you're definitely right about the younger coaches are taking that kind of approach. Yeah, maybe maybe Trent Robinson and some of these other coaches was just saying, you know what, we need to kind of do something similar. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Trent Robertson where the roosters are now with Trent Robinson is a huge him because that's not a good team, that's all youngsters, and he'd lost a lot of players, so he's done really well. I think robot I know, his recruitment has been pretty poor the last couple of years, but even they wanted to get there.
Speaker 3: I mean they lost was at Supreneur because of the forfeeder bundle mm hmmm, and just the players have brought in. They were releasing him a year or two later, it's you know, but I suppose the thing that's George, You've been the loudest vocally. The thing that's more alarmed, it's most alarming is that with players like Brandon Smith. I remember George was saying it straight away like this is a bad fit.
Speaker 5: It's not going to work, you know what with Robbo specifically, because he's had so much success there and if you've had one or two years, you know, ordinary results because obviously a bad recruitment. It looks like he's seen his way and he's going back to that as well. Gee, he's going back to what he usually does. Because what I'm seeing these kids coming through, they look like when they have fifty to one hundred n real games underneath, they're built. They look like they're going to be pretty pretty good. Now in terms of coaching, I can tell you right here and now, there's a big difference between the young brigade Ryles throughout zero Fits is a little bit differ and he's a little bit old school a little bit. He runs it a little bit old school to to the to your Flannagans and your Daisy's. They play more direct, more old fashioned power game even the Professor. They're trying to use this this sort of power, sort of move movement of a ball sort of game brand new, the new style called the new coaches. So you're right there. Now. I don't know what's what's the right type of rugby league. But as the game quickens up and the forwards a different shape, they're not the six, they're not all paining HSSs. Maybe this sort of movement in forward passes to forward uh and bringing them bringing them back on the inside, coming with angloed runs so you catch up the defenders turning shoulders might be the way to go.
Speaker 3: Rolls done with the center Jordan a background.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, rolls. I consider rolls as a new brigade.
Speaker 3: He's not going for size, he's not going for size upfront mobility.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I call I call roles part of the new brigade, the hero, and and and even the Professor, which is not young, but he's got a young thought, the Professor, so his more ball movement.
Speaker 3: I still would like to have to big middle forwards around him. You know, I think you're still that there's two blocker roaches to to break the wall down.
Speaker 5: You know, you need someone punching the meat as Yeah, definitely, or you can do like Canby doesn't with more movement.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then again, then again Broncos put a stop to that with the whole The whole comp showed how you you can rip Canby's middle all apart, he showed off he's there.
Speaker 6: There's yes, no, no, no yet to say. They're probably going to I.
Speaker 3: Was going to say, there's ten million dollars worth of talent in reserve grade right now across the What.
Speaker 6: I was going to say is I feel bad for the coaches, right like I know, you know, we can say whatever you want about about certain things. Now I've as you guys know, like having experienced at the community level and also experience with certain and exposure to certain clubs in the er L. At the moment, you got to look at who's on the board, because the board has oversight right over decisions and coaching decisions and recruitment and what makes them look good. And you know, it's very strategic. And also it's not just similar to running a business where where not everyone should have a business or run it or manage it, and they might have ego that tells that as well. And we look at you know, if we look at I guess even how you know the Broncos. The Broncos are a really good spread on their board. They have people from the industry, they have people that have come from finance everything else. Like Storm has the scene, like they've experienced people. And if we're talking about Titans, like you know the people that are on the Titans, it's privately they have very strong oversight over over the coach and what they do. And it's a very Gold Coast focused board, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: She's the one who went out of her way to pick there's the up. She begged them basically to come, which is what what's.
Speaker 6: Rebecca? Yeah, they have they have a smaller board, right, And I'm just looking at like the because I always get interested in how clubs are structured and stuff. And then you have a look at how because when I because I sponsored the Titans years ago, and who's the guy that now he was there and he's not there anymore.
Speaker 3: He was a CEO.
Speaker 6: Gosh I met him a few times. He's now more in the NRL. He was great commercially that for that club. But we go, what do we have who is actually behind the coach, who's actually who are the people being appointed to football operations? Or they're getting it because they're friends of a friend of a friend, or are they getting it because they're actually you know, suitable for the role. Because you got to think in these clubs they're not necessarily run. And we were talking about this before we started, George, like, in terms of running a business and everything. It's great to start a business or run it because you love doing what you do or you love footy, but do you have the right people in place so we can go des is bad and he's bad whatever? Like Nick, we were talking about it before with Shane too. It's not necessarily about the coach. The coach is the puppet, do you know what I mean? They're the ones that have to do what they're being told because who's paying them. So I go, I look at it probably more for my commercial perspective, and I go, well, instead of looking at the coach, who's on the board, you know, and what's what's actually driving certain decisions Because I've I know people that have played at certain clubs too that have given insight as well into what it's like being at certain clubs without like saying too much, and it's not. It's it's run. A lot of those clubs are crazily run. Like I had insight into the Suns, the AFL as well sooner like back then it was not very organized. They usually aren't. It's the it's the it's the bigger established storm Panthers. That's even when you guys are talking about Panthers and dragons last year. Their structure. That's why I was. I found it so impressive because I haven't seen that as much here in certain so I kind of go, yes, the coach and everything else, but god, he's only his hands are tired, you know, So do you thok about?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: It's interesting though. I thought there's some coaches who who had sort of car blanche. They can probably probably do anything they wanted to.
Speaker 6: Have ownership or they get a percentage of whatever that would be. That is a really good strategic thing that we use for general managers if we want them to have more buy in when we're recruiting them for a role in a year or two years time. You get a cut of the profits. If you looked if people went, people don't go this intensely because they probably don't think like I do. But if you looked at who had a private ownership or even some sort of you know, shareholder, and you look at how that's linked to that particular coach, like they would have more of a vested interest in doing well for the club and listening and moreover, because you've got to think it's not the clubs are a commercial business.
Speaker 5: We paid, Yeah, not many of them actually make profits. Are maybe two or three of them? You mean beside Penriff and the Broncos, which the Broncos are the richest club in the league or in the world rugby league club. Not many make profits last year. It's it's not like I.
Speaker 2: Just just for the first time.
Speaker 3: But they're probably not well enough. They're probably not run efficiently enough.
Speaker 5: Like I know, para problem.
Speaker 3: I mean we you know we went we went to I mean, if you go to a paramountic game and you're not a member, do you have much your pain? Mm hmm, it's absurd, right. And then for someone who wants to take their family, Look, if I was running the club easy kids undertend getting free, that's.
Speaker 5: Absolutely and you're going to make it back in the day.
Speaker 3: You're going to make your money back with chips and hot dogs.
Speaker 6: Anyway that make a club money, sponsorship deals, right, naming rights like we we had the naming rights for Kevin Propter's shirt jersey, which that year he did something very unfortunate which was not ideal for go back there. But you think about that. So if you're getting sponsors on board and you see them holding like this big bag of money, you're going to be swayed that way to get you know, more stuff for your club. It's just the way that the business world works. Like if it's a member's run club then obviously it's a little bit different. They have a bit of a say, but I guess for the way that I see it, Like you know, Broncos are publicly listed right so that they do have money, you know, whereas you have privately owned companies or members around, I just I kind of go, yes, you know, I can hate on Benji and Bennett and Bennet probably has more of re sake be as the respect thing too, but I go I also know there's people behind there that are holding the strings as well, which is the main driver for a lot of the things too.
Speaker 5: But it's interest, that's the reason why you have people like Guskull, which is a buffer between the coach and the board, you know, I mean, and I'm sure every clubs. I guess God, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you needed too, because what was it too easy? Ago? Wayne Bennett didn't front the press conference, which is apparently his tooth fell out.
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, that's right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well what he was drinking coffee in the box I don't know.
Speaker 5: But exactually, miss you look at it.
Speaker 3: When Wayne Bennett gets the ships and he doesn't want to turn up, it doesn't turn.
Speaker 5: Up and we're going to take it out.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, if your tooth falls out, you can still talk, you know what I mean? Like, I mean, he had the ships because he lasted he didn't do the press conference. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 5: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: Time for your tooth to fall out otherwise, you know, that's true enough.
Speaker 5: Actually, te I got an email from a Queensland listener asking about the third parties and I'm actually doing a little bit of work behind the scenes on the Broncos third party deals. A bit hard to find, but I'm still battling a couple of when already comes back, not next week. The other work I'll try to tell you roughly how much some of the players and I can't find everybody, but on the Minion.
Speaker 6: Well, interestingly, because they are a SX listed, you can actually find the reports.
Speaker 5: You can find the reports that's not a report will be available online the company because because I doesn't reveal them as we know, because NRL. So you've got to go actually dig in and to find to find things. But you're right, ASEX and that's what I was thinking, as.
Speaker 6: Well as a recruiter and know how to find that salaries really quickly.
Speaker 5: That's good. She'll tell me.
Speaker 3: Just one last point. Good. The Premier of Western Australia has confirmed the personal Host Eighties team.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Bears are back the best.
Speaker 2: It's official.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 6: I want to fly six hours to still be in Australia. I have two people.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't but I just think there's way too many teams. There's way too many times.
Speaker 5: They're doing it for commercial Yeah, they for commercial reasons. They want twenty teams to conferences.
Speaker 3: We've been there before twenty times. Look getting added to the teams who got cut. We had the South Queensland crushes, we had the Western Reds, we had the Adelaide rams. No one's talked about South Australia. Are they going to bring that in next you know.
Speaker 5: No, they'll They'll probably put one in New Zealand or yeah they won't do that, they put one in New Zealand or Witch.
Speaker 6: Yeah do ip switch yets. It's funny, but the Cowboys CEO is stepping down at the end of the year after twenty two years. If you're my mates, be like, to any you're going to apply for that, I'm like, you know what, they probably need a female coach or a female CEO or something. And then yeah, yeah, after the first week.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, let's let's move into the round that was, yes, the round that was so magic, Round, Tragic Crown some corn. It every day was sold out, wasn't it. But we had some rain there as well. Yeah, yes, yeah, which was unfortunate, both.
Speaker 5: Of or fifteen minutes of madness.
Speaker 6: Yeah man, sorry Artie. Meg was there for the whole three days and she was rough.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Sorry Meg. On the Friday night they ran out of beer ow, they ran out, they ran out of the Great Northern. She was like, I don't what's happen? Thing Dolphins is losing and they've run out of Great Northern.
Speaker 5: And I was like, yeah you think you think girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, black Bronco. Broncos girl.
Speaker 5: Oh, Broncos girl.
Speaker 6: I thought you are if you're Broncos, you know, okay, yeah, run out of the beer, so run out of that anti.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the first game Sharks twenty eight it was eighteen I think of what I mean, it was, it was, it was. It was good and bad in patches as a Nils fan, Sharks were good again. Some of the calls not for one second suggestion they affected the result. But Moses got got shoulder charged off the ball and there was no symbing was placed on report. But there's no symbing. What's that? And just the high shot that hit the shoulder that was penalmized early in the I mean, it's just you know, and then the refs but the ref's reasoning when when he was questioned about it, because you could hear it over the microphone. Yeh know, I know I saw it hit the ball, but it come up off the ball and then hit him in the face. Yeah yeah, but it hit the ball carrying the ball, right, jesus h It's just getting harder and harder to watch. It's a collision sport, it's you know, but yeah, I don't know. Look, I missed half of this game because I had the ship. So, like I said, I turned it off and and tenure, I heard some colorful language. And on Friday night, I wasn't because it was just I was just it wasn't It wasn't the result or the score. It was just the crap that I was seeing in front of him, just over it. I'm seriously, if.
Speaker 5: We if we push away the referee and the this this was a type of game where Cornela had to go and do what they have to do to get the two points. Earl's did not play bad. They did not play. They were hanging around. They were hanging around in it, are in it emotionally as well, which I liked. But yeh, look it starts from will Will Kennedy and how they fell how in the in the forums they still don't believe in Will Kennedy. It's got me absolutely baffled. It's got me baffled. I listened to I listened to a Carnela pod and still the first thing is it's it's not the real Wial Kennedy. Okay, he's leaning the d It's not the realned. But anyway, anyway, it's got me, got me buggered, and it starts starts from from Will and he goes to look Kay Kevin Ira or k l Ira wants to be called now, came straight in because of injury. People were talking about if he would come back into the team. The kid's a sip star. Kid's a sipstar. I don't care. He's like his uncle, if not better than his uncle, Ronaldo doing Ronaldo. I think Trindle a little bit quiet Nico taking center stage and seeing the team around. Can I suggest the big dollars that they spent on Trindle could have been a little bit premature. We'll see what happens during the year. But yeah, and you know what, Please, no one blame for Noal Blake for anything, because Fanila Blake is doing for Noial Blake things. Kre guys amazing. Oh no, no, no, it's not that they're saying that. Some of the forums are saying that he's not holding up his part of the duel. Let me tell you he's holding up he's part of the duel and some and some I'm liking Brayley can we have him in the conversation or what's your thoughts that we're having him in the conversation for a Blues Jersey in a conversation. We know that the North Queensland hook is going to get the Braley young young Brailey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'd be happy with the Cowboys hooker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, he will get the incoming I always like incombing players. But he's he's he's gone on a new level. I think this year. I'm a massive fan of Niko. I've always said that and I'm putting now Camen mcginnon, I'll say it again. He puts his head in where you wouldn't put your foot. Nicol. Yeah, he's a sensation. He's a sensational, you know. I mean he doesn't when you look at his stats, you say how because he doesn't translate on the field, but he does all that dirty, yacky things that you don't want to do, sort of a race thing sort of player. Nicola penalties in that game fifteen peno, Yeah, okay, that's a normal And look, look I thought that. I thought that again, Paramounta weren't awful. I think I think there's some players like the young the young fullbacks developing.
Speaker 3: Still, that'll be much better when Low Mexic comes back next week.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I just come back next week. Oh thank you, good, good good. And the fours held their held their own. So again we're going to give Jason two years, aren't we? At least?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: See yeah, but look, it's it's it's a game that they had to go and get it done done. Yeah, and they did and they did yeah.
Speaker 3: And and there must have been a lot of paraffins there because it must have been during that game where they ran out of beer. Because the following the following game, the rooster has been the Dolphins thirty six points to twenty six.
Speaker 2: Three to one, mate, yeah sorry one yeah, three to one, and gave it to Cameron McGinnis because of his work rate, high work rate. He was.
Speaker 5: He was a crazy, crazy guy.
Speaker 2: The second point, two points went to and he's not taking the piss out of Shark fans, but he gave it to William Kennedy because he played really well.
Speaker 5: How how they coop?
Speaker 2: I know, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they these Sharks fans, I don't know what they've seen anyway.
Speaker 2: And one point went to Riley Smith, the young hooker from that he was fifty seven tackles man. This kid the second or third game. This kid is going to be really good.
Speaker 5: Little Nicola very early. He's very early in his real career obviously been enough to say that he should and he probably will be the long term hooker for paramatter.
Speaker 3: Got it. It's funny because he even looks like read money with the head girl. He really does, you know, he does very similar, very similar. Like I would say, is at the same stage that he was when he in his first season.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't remember that, you remember it.
Speaker 3: Was it was twenty nineteen. So like him. I like him.
Speaker 5: I think there's a massive future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's become a sledger.
Speaker 3: He had to choose. He had to choose between I don't know what were the choice is here personally, but he had to choose between rugby league and cricket. We could do winter. He could have played representative cricket. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a cricket fan. I can't comment, so for me, any sport that breaks for lunch is not a sport. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be freaky though, if you had a guy represented Australian cricket and rugby league the same year, because once in summer, once in winter, I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad you choose footy. But I was reading a story just last week, I think on Fox Sports where Ross brought his dad in to present for the jersey presentation when he debuted in first grade and they made a big deal out of it. So he's he's going well, he's going well good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good kid.
Speaker 3: And John Walker's made a big difference to that team as well, hasn't he. Yeah, he really has. He's almost like a third half off the bench. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a strange one, but the other I sear it and this is going back. It goes back to Ryle because solistically he knows what he wants. It works.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I've always liked I've always liked Dylan. I've always liked him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't I mean he won dam Center of the Year. But he's also played hooker. He has played like he's a bit of an everything guy.
Speaker 5: He's got really good hands, and he's got really good ballwork and he knows when to run and went to pass, and that's a that's a very big skill.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But anyway, going back to the Roosters and the Dolphins, so thirty six points to twenty six ten, you want to talk to studious?
Speaker 5: What do you go for me to?
Speaker 6: No, I don't want to talk about it. I was so appointed, but also I just looked. I think, I just they were doing so good, right, I really they lost the previous week, but prior to that, they were doing so well, and I just like, I just couldn't because what was it was four It was three tries before Hammer even scored his first you know, I don't know, I was saying to Nick, Magic round because I even compared the previous rounds like previous years, because that's the type of paston I am, and it is always random during Magic Round, you can't pick it right, and I feel it's such a different vibe. I've been to one Magic Round a few years ago and I think it's something one or two, and it is so a trick and it would be quite intimidating, like even for the players. It's a different kind. We've had lots of rain up here, and I just Dolphins always play well at home, their home some court. If it's you know, and I just like Asaka converted all his all the tries, like it was Alla, wasn't that great here? Four other seven like they had the form Like any Queensland game or team that we talk about in this round, they all had it and they just couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: All the queens teams lost. Yeah yeah at some court.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I think I think you've been you've been a little bit harsh on him because they're injury ravage at the at the moment, I think I think there's four or five out and some experienced, more experienced players out and you know what they feel in and out of the game. But this game was this game really was all about Teddy. Teddy's winded back the clock to his his hey day when he made and and things. Raff was the Oh, it's all about Teddy. He's what winded back the clock and and he's the reason one of the reasons why this team is firing as they are. Look another Queensland U t Robert uh Ty Toyer Toyer, He's he's improving every time he touches the ball. Marky Mark from Union, I think he's born playing rugby league.
Speaker 6: This kid, he guys watched it. There was like Boss Stock he was doing this late last year. He kept you dropping the ball, that is your job? Like what is your job?
Speaker 3: But I think it was it rained hard at one point to doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was the roughest round.
Speaker 3: It's got to be so it's easy for us.
Speaker 6: A decent team they had, Yeah, really there Sarco favorite obviously, like that Herbie Hammer. Like, yes, I lost to Raiders, which I didn't agree with the previous round anyway, but even you know Smith was off in the first what ten minutes, Billy really no sand in Smith.
Speaker 5: Which was a massive blow massive.
Speaker 3: I know it's just going to sound wrong, but they're all these clubs trained with wet bulls. You know, they have the bulls dunking in the sapey water on the sideline, get thrown in and I just.
Speaker 6: Think it's and you'll see neck when you come up in July. It is just a different type of feeling during that that round. It's like origin, that's that's the feel of It's hectic. But I did one of my mates, Joey from Malsana, his son is meet with Sandon, who went off. Yeah, I was just like I should I hope he's all right, you know, like because that's like, you know, I don't want to see that at the beginning of the game with that drop, the guys couldn't come come back, you know. Yeah, I just feel like that was super rattled.
Speaker 3: Whilst we're talking about the Roosters, just quickly, I want to give a shout out to beat Johnson kaa who's listening. Gave me a mouthful on Saturday night. The Rooster's winning and Para losing as he always does every time I see him. But we're glad to have you on board, Johnny, so enjoy.
Speaker 5: You'll be happy with Katawa. He's the guy who actually dragged them back into the flight, back into that game and made the score look respectable because I thought Rusters never looked like in danger. This Savala, what have we got? What have we got on him? Four m real games? Maybe not great on his feet, but the kicking game to cherish. He's not half, is he He's a back roll? Is in your center, right?
Speaker 2: I think he's a half half. I think he can play back roll as well, but he's a half. He's a genuine half.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, he's kicking fantastic Yeah, he's kicking game, puts the ball where the Roosters want, the Fins coming out of there, out of their dirty ball, so makes it really half for him, and he keeps on putting it, putting it there. Look, it was not a complete performance. But when they're they're, they're they're, they're looking somewhat like a rugby league team, the Roosters, and they're trying to struggling to find their identity with all these players going out, and I call it the rooster the rooster way. They're slowly trying to find out anything. Now the Finns, I'm like Tanya, I'm pret disappointed of their performance. Now this is the second or third loss in the road to I can't remember now, second lot of and that before that, that before that, three in a row and we thought they were flying. So but this week I think they're getting some players back to I think they're getting some players back.
Speaker 6: The camera game in round three, but I think it was an old mate that's fairly had a year on his raffing thing, or it was someone else, so I didn't know how to ref that game. I'm so harsh because I love the Dolphins, but yeah, you know, the minute I saw if you guys noticed, there were two or three players that did double tries or even hat tricks right the minute I saw the second one. So this was it Mark or was it Radley that got it in this game?
Speaker 3: I was like, nah, like Radley got a double? Mark double? Yeah, Robert Troyer Troyer, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Think I see like the double Victor Mark Mark Victor. I'm like, no, we're done. And and if you look at every single game the guys that got the doubles one super disappointed with that one. I'm not, you know, I'm really hoping that they they come up this week.
Speaker 5: You know what they're they're in and now they're in now. But the only good thing is you have got one of the best half backs, or one of the best young half backs is developing his game and he's going to be if he's not already, he's going to be a superstar. He's going He literally, single handily middle of the second half, when not looked dead and buried, he dragged them back into that game. So he's a special young man, a very special young man.
Speaker 6: I just realized. I said, I hope they come back this week. But they're playing the Ills.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go Broncos game when you told me, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to go. I'm going to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you want to give us three to one on that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure. The Roosters are my second team and I'm so glad they're doing well at Teddy Teddy Teddy. But I lost Manu and Sali and they brought in these two youngsters are playing the no quantas here and the other guy Toya, So yeah, well done. The robot three points went to the Desco to seventy one meters, which was fantastic. Hugo Savala losing his harvest partner in six minutes and then just took over and he showed how what a class he's going to be. And I got the one point for that one.
Speaker 5: So good, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, russ are doing.
Speaker 3: The first game on Saturday, Newcastle got back to the winning ways against the Rabbits, but it was thirty points to four. But g Us have been depleted. They've lost so many players. You know, we shouldn't lead up to this one, crazy crazy depleted. It's not funny if.
Speaker 6: You look at the score though. The first two tries, but by one person. It was his birthday.
Speaker 2: Sharpe was, yeah, Sharp, that's your sharp.
Speaker 6: You had a blinder that was brutal and that's face. I was like, oh my god, I don't know what you can I got bored with this game.
Speaker 3: I mean they the lost Jack White, they lost someone else as.
Speaker 5: Well, souls depleted and actually, well we all go through it. But look Newcastle bounces back after I think sixth straight losses and yeah they needed it and uh and T T T said it flat to Sharp looks like a superstar.
Speaker 3: Sometimes i'd see what it see what I do. Think he's unfair though Lewis Thoughts finally gets brought in for this game. I mean, he can't be judged off this game.
Speaker 5: No, no, you can't judge him at all so far because he hasn't been got any opportunity. There's no he's been given.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we was he named this week, I haven't looked.
Speaker 5: I don't know. But you can't judge him. I can't say yay or nay because for some unknown reason, ben it just kept on overlooking him, you know, or giving him very limited time, so which but then disappointing.
Speaker 3: But then you bring him into the that's the worst possible snow set up for failure, you know, Yeah, I mean I don't know that ever really stood a chance of winning that game just because of the players they had out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no no. And and like I said, I wouldn't even judge him on the performance of last week, because how can you judge anyone from from how performance? You know what the score says. With all here, hopefully they'll get some players back and strengthen up. This is all about. This game was all about all about the Knights bouncing back and some of these players who are superstars, like gay guy like.
Speaker 3: Kalen He's been dropped. His name's in the reserves list this week.
Speaker 5: Really, if you bought him for eight hundred grand, you're gonna give him a goat. Yeah, there's still they look, there's there's issues here for this team and namely the Knights, which are still there. Make no mistake the playmaking Fletcher Sharp is great, fantastic. When he gets some open field to running or when he hits the gap, he's he is, He's electrifying. I love watching him. But all in hand and setting up other people, this is the issue where they've got. So you've got you've got some really really done back seat best gay guy look Kayle and Kylen travels, he goes everywhere, the poor guy to get the ball in his hands, and Cogger is just not fitting the bill. These fourwards last week did the job from from Carl Peace Paul to SEPHII, which I never really raided. So let's hope they keep on keep on doing this because Newcastle shouldn't be down the bottom, of course is at all respectfully.
Speaker 6: Though, like I know we talk about like you know and respectfully to Bennett, but I don't really think he's done much in terms of with teams he's had since the Dragons, like really like you know.
Speaker 3: He took I mean he was in he was in a whisper of winning a Grand Final.
Speaker 6: But also but also Dragons like what was it twenty ten?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but then he went to Newcastle after that and that was a bad experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we've got so we've got Newcastle.
Speaker 3: But you know he was at minute away for winning and premiership at Brisbane. But literally a minute, literally a minute if we.
Speaker 6: Look if we look at Bennett, like that's what I'm probably really gunning for the Dolphins too, because even what they've done this year under Wolf, let's let's you know, what's he doing with I.
Speaker 3: Thought Bennett did well. I thought he did well with the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: But think even with the Dolphins, they had valiance to that massive unit that came from Q Cut did nothing with him. The first two games he the Dolphins, he he literally did a josh Ka like in every single game he played.
Speaker 3: Trade. You know, if he's off someone, he's off someone.
Speaker 6: But that's where you I know that.
Speaker 3: I know that, But I mean, you know, back in the day, back in the day when when Justin Hodges signed with the Roosters, he was dropped immediately from first grade. Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 6: But I kind of I sit here and I go, look, I know Bennett from you know, back then, and yes, he was great. But I don't know. I don't know if he gets a super coach title anymore, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think he's I think the game maybe it's outgrain him a little bit. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: My question to you is every team he goes to, or eighty percent of the teams he goes to Has he improved and forget winning titles, that's the most hardest thing you can do. Has he improved a team or Egypt Newcastle or.
Speaker 6: He didn't do anything with the Dolphins? He did that.
Speaker 5: You know what he did at the Dolphins. What he did is put culture in there one I guarantee you he put culture and he broad kids in there with high character and high culture.
Speaker 6: From the Broncos, which I think was good. They followed him there. I think that's the culture piece that we're talking about. But how good would it have been for him to retire with a brand new Queensland team, the fourth one sticking it out?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know why. I don't know why. That's the only thing he was involved in, the imbrune stages of that club being put together, he was he was involved in. He was involved in every meeting, every negotiation. If you watch that Dolphins doctor, you'll see it.
Speaker 6: I'm still shocked and look, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know why he didn't stay there. I want to retire here, you know, man, Like.
Speaker 6: What what a legacy to come from Bronco, something that you know and full respect that this is something that has been turning over in my mind since getting on the pop with you guys around him, because I go like, because even the Rabbits are here guys talking now, I should have put someone in and you know, like you give them a chance right where whereas Wolf, I know, the guys didn't play and there were a lot of injuries for the often he's getting everyone. That kid from Q Cup Valiants, he was brilliant. He was like the New South Wales forward that's called the tries for originally on the night. He was absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: You just it's missed opportunities, I think, and I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, I mean again, if you look at Jason Rawles, like two weeks ago, like at the start of this part, I named five forwards who are being released. Four of them were named in Cup. It was the most expensive front row in New South Q Cup, New South as Cup, you know what I mean. And I'm like, I'd like to win a game. Why don't we put him in? You know, why don't we put him in that? They have their methods, you know, so I.
Speaker 5: Think we've Jason. You got to give him Klin.
Speaker 2: I think Bennett Speker's mistake. Honestly, it was Le Saint George because what he built, No, those three years that were the beachmark, that were really really they'll go up the top.
Speaker 6: Are we talking about what he could have also done with Dolphins that he missed during the Saint George too?
Speaker 2: Do you know that's George? That was they were top, They were really good. And then they wanted him to stay longer, but he just got stubborn because he wanted five years at the start, they offered him three, and then when it was at the end, he wouldn't extend anymore. It's like, not, no, I'm not going to stay longer.
Speaker 3: I reckon. I reckon for him he did. He did the right thing because I say this respectfully when you look at players like Jamie Soward and that he got the best out of everyone and how to play him and if you remember how both Scott was protecting Jamie Soward. Yeah, that like he got the best out of everyone in that team. And I think it's a little bit of it. I think the best thing Ivan Cleary could do is leave Penry in the next three years. No, I don't know, man, Otherwise he's gonna he's going to see the other side of the slide, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, recompenish of state because what he built and the players were still in the prime, he still had at least five years he could squeeze more out of those guys. I went that old. He took a couple of them to Newcastle. Other guys went somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I still had followed him everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know Darius Boyd his son, he's long was sunny. But yeah, never since then, he's sort of gone a bit funny with that Queen's Broncos game where the lost to the Cowboys. What year was that? Two thousand and which one was fifteen? Fifteen, twenty fifteen? Okay, so five years later he bounced back. But that was a good Broncos team as well. But yeah, since that Grand Final lost though, he hasn't really done too much.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was a fifteen or seventeen.
Speaker 5: He has built a club fifteen.
Speaker 2: Actually he got South to the Grand Final two.
Speaker 3: We forgot that, yes, I mean again and again again. Yeah, Againt Penrith just started their run right. Brisbane were less than a minute away from winning that Grandfather right, but no one remembers that and whoever wins the war gets to read write history the way they want people to read it.
Speaker 6: Right, So we were we're talking about age.
Speaker 3: He's lost his last two Grand finals. Yeah, he's one eight or whatever seven seven.
Speaker 6: Coaches and how fluid they are in terms of getting with the times right, And here's what's seventy five, you know. And that's not to say that he's not still shut he's playing from but he's coaching from this era, this era, you know, a different time.
Speaker 3: And camera remember coaching camera.
Speaker 6: And yeah, and I've massively taken us down a pathway. But I've just I've just had it in my mind and then be king. I'd be king to hear what you know.
Speaker 3: I will say I will say this though I don't think it's I think as far as twenty twenty five goes, I don't think we can judge him on this season based on the injuries and distractions of the South have had. Yeah, I don't think it's fair to Judgehihen this season. Next year yeah, next year him next year, yes, but.
Speaker 5: He still should have the tag of super coach, the idea and be calling supercoach. He should he still should have the take of super coach. Yeah, yeah, but I understand what you're saying. He I think you should have stayed at the Finns as well, and another twill three years just to build on on on what he started. But let me let me say, don doan't undersell Wolf. He's a good coach. He's a good coach and you've.
Speaker 2: Got to give it to Bennett. He left Dolphins in a good state. He didn't just leave him rubbish, you know what I mean. He got him a good coach. He tutored him and then he left a good set of cattle and that's what you can. Kloppted to Liverpool with the new manager and they won the title, So you know what I mean. That's a sign of a good coach when he leaves and leaves it seem in a really good state where they've got they're aiming hin they win a comp the next year. That's when you know he's a good coach.
Speaker 6: He has been giving me a lot of.
Speaker 3: Liverpool Monopoly set some sort of record last year, finished tenth four coaches in twelve months, wow, and now sitting first with three games to go. So conti, conti is good? I like it.
Speaker 2: Very good coach.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I I went crazy on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't judge a better Yeah, based on this season. So what what's the three to one for that one?
Speaker 2: Which game was it? Again? Just joking? Fletcher Sharp got three points, Leo Thompson too, and James Schiller got one point. He ran two hundred and fifty three meters.
Speaker 5: I forgot to mention Thompson. He's good. He's good and he's going to be good next year as well. For the Dogs, Gus can pick them. He's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure, someone someone runs through the next game. Warriors thirty, Cowboys twenty six. Tell us another quints?
Speaker 5: Lad there you give it to us.
Speaker 6: For it was so hard? It was yeah, like no one Queen's I am. I really like Warriors except when they're Queens Ante because the fans are just brutal. And I felt it in my soul because like you know, med'sair and she's like, this is what's happening. I'm like, oh my god, it was such a close, close game, and I'm just again, I'm trying to see if there was any do we have any injuries out for Cowboys? They played so well at the beginning, like absolutely like it was amazing at the beginning.
Speaker 5: How they was a half time schooliety, it was.
Speaker 2: It was well, I've got twenty eight twelve for Warriors. Warriors were up twenty eight twelve man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Warriors played pretty pretty well, Tea on this one.
Speaker 6: I it was brilliant, like.
Speaker 5: He always is. Yes, drinking drinking was drinking was very good. Didn't always always. He's good, love child, perdue, just keep impressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he freaks me out. The size of him freaks me out. I still a con't believe his he's great anyway, George.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, And and of course, of course the forward pack, the forward pack, Tea. Uh, the nan. I you know what, when he got dropped, he could have either taken his bat and ball and gone home, but you know what, he didn't, and he returned and he's outstanding. I i't wait to see him the Maroon. I'm around Jersey. He's that good. He's been playing that good. So look, they didn't play bad. But what happens in over eighty minutes they fall in and out of concentration. So if you have eight minutes or falling out of concentration, this Warriors team can take advantage before you're not. You look up your fourteen meal down.
Speaker 6: The minute Metcalf scored his second.
Speaker 5: Try past so well it's not. Yeah, he played Metcalf not only with his running game, with his kicking game. He kicked the life out of this this this Cowboys team. And I'm a fan of the Cowboys. I like the Cowboys. Jason Tamalela, he's going to tell us he reigned over two hundred meters. He's back at it. He's back at his brilliant best. Yeah, he's back. He just he's carrying this team or this four pack to victory at his man again, Ruben Cotter, He's going to look good in them around Jersey because he deserves it. But let me tell you this, this Warriors team, I'm seeing habits which they've got themselves into, which are good habits, which are very repeatable, and they keep on repeating them. And when you've got Metcalf kicking the life out of Metcalf kicking the life out of the ball and getting the Cowboys starting from there from their dirty ball coming out, it's they're looking good. And I always said that I want I want the Warriors to do well because they're carrying the whole country. So well we have I should, I should. We've got half of the ky guys in the anyway.
Speaker 6: The whole game, George, I did actually.
Speaker 5: You know what, I watched it, not live, I watched it afterwards, and I actually got a little bit bored. Yeah, I did say that.
Speaker 6: And then he just and the Persian that was there was some brilliant tries, that is right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the whole Yeah, the whole the whole day, the whole day. We'll talk about a Tigers. We'll talk about a Tigers try too, which was which was quite impressive. But look, you know what, thirty to twenty six. I don't think the score told us the full story, but I was going to give us three to one. And the Warriors move on to the next week. The the Cowboys, they're not far away. They're not playing terrible, playing terrible team. Yeah, yeah, they're not playing terrible tea. They're not playing terrible, but they have got themselves into into a bad habit of having lapses. They're coming back at the end, you know what I mean. Which is a habit I think is.
Speaker 6: A habit at the moment. I think.
Speaker 5: Must be the weather too.
Speaker 2: You know, and out of the two young Rigade coaches, these two of my favorite. I love Webster and I love Peyton. I think they've done tremendous jobs. This game was a pretty good game. Game of to halves. Luke Metcalf got the three points. I thought the winger tell Lagi was fantastic. I thought really good. He's a very good winger. He's very No one speaks much of this guy, but this guy is a very very good winger. And he'll be in Origin again. He will be the first pick, I think. And the other guy who could be end up being one of the best buyers is Aeron Clark. He ran another two hundred meders. This guy plays at Locke came from the Titans, playing so well for the Warriors. This Eron Clark, keep an eye on him. The lock is a very hero. He's an unsung hero again. He ran over two hundred meders and really plain well that's all, you.
Speaker 5: Know what, he's no nonsense the player. So he's got a highlight, real player. But when you look at his stats, you say, how how did he do two hundred and twenty and forty five tackles? You know, these are the players where that the teammates appreciate him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was right.
Speaker 3: Okay, the next game, I'm going to tell you, oh, twelve points turn around.
Speaker 2: I was going to Okay, what happened, Jameson.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: What happened was Jaden Sewer. He watched the Dolphins game and he saw Raystone drop the ball over the line, all right, and he said, hold my beer, I'm going to make this trial look even worse. And he did, and he did what an idiot?
Speaker 5: Like idiot?
Speaker 2: At least at least his Stone had a player hit the ball out of his arm. Jaden Sawer had his own knee hit it out of his own arm, like what? And anyway, what a turnarout.
Speaker 5: I've seen some bad ones, lady, but that one takes.
Speaker 2: The turnaround from sixteen. I know, from twenty to sixteen a half time it would have been. It ended up being twenty six ten, massive difference. It changed everything. But good on the Tigers. They had a turbulent week a couple of weeks ago. They've won two on the trot golden point win against the Sharks. They raced out to twenty six to ten win over the Dragons at halftime and continued with it so George looked like they were going to get something, but then it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: It's funny, Sorry off just for a second, because you say Tigers have had a couple of good wins, They've had a couple of good weeks, and you go back to last week and I'm not knocking them, and it sounds like I am. You go back to last week. In the NRLL, the issue is stayed into Cranala saying you were ripped off. Golden point time the Tigers charged down a field goal, the marker wasn't square. Cranela should have been penalized in front of the post, which would have given him the win. You look here, a ridiculous error, likely could have had a different outcome. Yeah. Sometimes you know what I've always said, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Speaker 2: You get that luck, you've got to be close in the game. If I flogged after losing twenty points and they got that little bit of luck, they still would have lost. But for them to be you know what, But you know what, at the end of the day, they won the game. That they're in the top eight, which is good to see. I love seeing Dewey. He's playing more games this year. He's had a torrid couple of years. Good to see him back. But yeah, they're playing like they've got a lot of harmony. Terror May has got to be the buye of the season. If that guy is not the bye of the season.
Speaker 3: Another rooster screw up in recruits time.
Speaker 2: That's a big time screw up. But phenomenal play. Maybe that was a wake up call he needed. Maybe tar May needed the Rusters to do that to him to bring out his best because he's been fantastic. But Charlie Staines looked like an absolute legend out there because Tyrrel Sloane. I have defended him as much as I can. I've just given up on this guy now. That was the worst performance and I just can't. We can't do it anymore. Defense is terrible. He just has there.
Speaker 5: His mate is not.
Speaker 2: I've never been too much of a fan of Suley. It's just a battering ram. He will get you the meters, but anything else.
Speaker 5: And can I say something. I think the wrong half was dropped because nepotism. I went through that in the ninety Oh yeah, for sure had the dog because your name is the same name as the coach. You shouldn't have a you shouldn't have the you should have a first grade job. And I think they've dropped I think they've dropped the wrong half. But that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: They have please take your Arthur.
Speaker 5: But thet you.
Speaker 2: Now the pleasing thing that came out of this for Saint George fan the three best players on the field with Stewart's coachman and and what's his name? Dylan Egan? Dylan Egan was fantastic and this year and this week they're promoting pacifica Tonga another junior to play in the front row and the halfback like in Kingtogia. I thought that first try that he set up was pure class. This guy is going to be a really good player. So our juniors are outshining the old guys. Alwer what's his name, Val Holmes looked that Cay he'scored a nice try when he went through and and got over. But the other guys cold. He he's not using him properly. Mate Little is giving him too much time on the field. He's burning him out and then he's bringing a little into late. He needs to sort of balance out a little bit more it's a good combination to have those two little and cook. But he's not using it right and again's starting to show a few little cracks man, and we're starting to get sick of it. But that's all from me. Member, what do you have? You guys, got anything else you want to add on this?
Speaker 5: Think pongy, leave him, just leave him developed?
Speaker 2: They got it developed there.
Speaker 5: Thirty four, twenty eight. I think he flattered you. I think it's called flattered you. I think he's and and I'm not going to go too much about the tigers, but bullot uh, well, he's he's a superstar. He's going to be He's going to be even more of a superstar that we think he is. He's so good, he's so good.
Speaker 2: Did you notice something though? Not only did Suer drop the ball over the line, it bounced perfectly into the arms of bullet have to say, here you go, school son, and he just picked it.
Speaker 6: Up and just Ray got the video of slow mo. I think Coraig gone, I know, to the bathroom, want to get a beer or something. And I had to video it because he wasn't going to see it and I couldn't remind it. And the slow mo is even worse.
Speaker 5: Worse when it happened and Buller went the other way to call the trug no call it back. No, no, no way in the world. No the off find nothing.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: He points, he goes what what what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: My god. First thing I thought about, I think he's.
Speaker 2: The boys When he went over. I went to get a drink and I'm coming back and they going, hey are you? I go what what can go wrong?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: And I'll look back and I can see Buller running.
Speaker 3: I'm going.
Speaker 2: Never again.
Speaker 6: It's funny, like because when I first came, my master was talking about Buller and then they didn't use him much. Well, I don't know something happened last year, but when I was watching that, I was literally I was like, I was like, poor Ardie because that and you know the commentators. I love them because is like God during magic around. They're wild, the commentators, and I said that the same as Origin. They were just like just unleashed. Hey, like because I came back and they're like, oh, look at him, just trying to regain himself and tryumph and I was like, just stop, it's so bad. They're like, we have never seen this ever in.
Speaker 2: This I've said it before. It's a show call, Benny Hill, that's what you said. Honestly, Benny Hill, I'm telling you, it was like it was the worst because Terel may gets three points, made three points. Dylan Egan, he continues to impress fantastic. He was the only guy that was chasing bull of hard enough. Sloane just gave up. I don't know why, but Egan showed a lot of heart and Buller got the one point for that.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: He played really well all games. So that's three to one for me.
Speaker 3: Okay and Sunday, the Titans George Dogs back to their winning ways thirty eight points to eighteen over the Gold Coast.
Speaker 5: Started off like a yeah, started off like a house on fire, and they and they then they started racking up some points back end of the first half. Really lost their way, really lost their way. Now I know why the Titans weren't mentally mentally there, because obviously behind closed doors things were things were happening. Obviously, they came back, they came back on the coach obviously had had had a talk talk to him, and they got back into the swing of things and they started playing that physical style of of of of of defense and and moving the ball like they do. Uh, the fours moving into each other, Serve and Crichton. If you want to see I sent, I centered how I said I should play the modern day game. It was therefore all to see on on Sunday afternoon, Nicola Uh and the whole team in general played well. I don't have too much hope for the week coming up because there are injury and suspension plagued. But against the Titans, and again I'm not going to talk too much about the Titans because I thought they're awful besides Tino. But we know why now because there's obviously things going in the background which they can't handle. But the eight for a that's about right, That's about right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well three to one for that one mate was Connor Tracy and nearly got three hundred murders in that game. He was pretty good, Connor Tracy, Jacob Preston. Unfortunately, the guy's got four weeks off now because of that lad shot or the high shot and big t famous. He was outstanding for a losing team.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised you didn't give anything to Stephen Crichton.
Speaker 2: Sorry, man, I'm to be honest. I'm going to change it. I'm happy to change it.
Speaker 3: Stephen Crion, It's just become default now. He had a bully game. He was one of those crazy one of those tries he set up where he went to fake a kick but he passed it to his reer. He's just such a good player. But man, lose the haircut seriously hard to watch.
Speaker 2: Let's just override, ride my normise on that one and give him the three points then reckon.
Speaker 3: I think all he's a good looking guy too, right, Stephen Cory just needs to He just needs to walk into any hairdresser and just say help me. That's all he needs to say. Trust me. So some of the penrith thirty two points to eight over the Broncos. Obviously very disappointing Bronco side at home. Nathan Cleary apparently has played his way into Origin again. I mean one good game in eight so, I don't know what do you guys think?
Speaker 2: How freaky was that try scored? It was literally identical to the one he scored in the Grand Final. It was amazing. Did you see it where he just no?
Speaker 3: I did? I did? I did? I just I'd like to see a few back to back performances like that before he gets put into an Origin team, when he come into winning, Yeah, the team.
Speaker 6: Before I think it's I just feel like, one, it's pretty rough, like they eat Broncos usually play on the last day because obviously it's our home ground. Despite how good the ground looked, it was shredded if you look up.
Speaker 3: Close, it was it was reterfed twice.
Speaker 6: And plus like the you know the g output were they second last game two, so you've got nerves and everything else like they had outside of Ricky, they had the same team as previously. But I just feel like, you know, it was and someone said to me after and I did feel bad. I was talking to Nicky about it, but they're like, you know, I knew Broncos with lose And I'm like, mate, don't talk to me about Broncos. Like, you know, we always played badly against Panthers. I'm like, we have beaten them eight times or seven times every time at every meeting. It is just a different environment, right, Like, don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing Broncos that are terrible, but that kind of environment, like they're the second or second last game of the round. There's just a lot of stuff going on in that that thing. But yeah, I just I wish Panthers didn't do that win against the Broncos. Yeah, that was very diffic like they I don't know if you guys noticed the further the games were along and rougher they've got. The next thing I'll talk about was the biggest biff overall. But it was just yeah, it was just rough.
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 5: You know what's intriguingitana if you go if you compare points for and against and the points on the table from last year and this year, it's nearly exactly the same. It mirrors. It mirrors both seasons, which I found, Yeah, I found an intrigued The s said that I didn't do it myself. I will, I haven't got time to the end apparently leaving the forum against I think he's a few points different.
Speaker 2: And the point that I didn't think they'd let that much in last year.
Speaker 5: I thought, I thought earlier in the year they'll better at the back end last year day they faded, I thought. But my memory is like.
Speaker 6: That's why I was saying. I compared it to last year, magic round and similar like this, but not just Broncos just every every single one, and you know I still remember because every Magic round the Lions win for AFL Brisbane line. So that's the only thing I take is a win because they won last year. Yeah, this was just a it was rough and I hope Madge just as a bit of a I don't know, a reassessment. I don't know if you saw Addie because we didn't talk about it in controversial corner, but ma'am has gone down to Q Cup as well because he got booed so loud. I heard it through the TV's.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in terms of in terms of looking looking overlooking both teams, in terms of the Broncos, like I said, they can't play have a forty minutes like they did two weeks ago and do this.
Speaker 5: So it's obviously something between the years which Madge has got to bring out. He's got to sort of bring out of him, which he's probably Yeah, he's probably the right coach for that. So look the preordinary unfortunately.
Speaker 6: In the Grand Final because they're not prepared that particular team and not prepared for a Grand Final, like they're not prepared for these big games. Because he's like I know, it's magic around, but it's every single team in Queensland, like Movie coming up to Brisbane. Like, I don't feel like the Broncos can handle the pressure. They crumb under it. If we look back in previously, well the.
Speaker 5: Good thing is we're only round nine and not not round you know, twenty whatever, So there's still plenty of time.
Speaker 6: If they win on the fifth worst case, but still like that's plenty of Yeah, it's plenty of time.
Speaker 5: There's plenty of time to because because the bones of a good team is undoubtedly there. We thought it. We saw forty minutes of perfection two weeks ago. Two weeks ago, forty minutes of perfection.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that before you, before you joined the My response with the Asua man doing things, wait till the scouse to try. Yeah, and you watch the crowd flip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no doubt about it, no doubt about it.
Speaker 6: But about a couple of weeks ago that played for Broncos and he went to South as.
Speaker 5: Well, South Logan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's someone was talking about he used to be.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 6: Milford, it was it was someone else. But he'll be. I need to look at the lot I might go see him play.
Speaker 10: His logan clothes, just like talking about yeah, yeah, but no, we were talking about that artie because when Meg was at the game, she was like, fire, did you hear that boot?
Speaker 6: Like when they panned over his face, and Reynolds is saying, you know, it's not fair of us to put him back in straight away now that these bands lifted. But also they probably want to just test him out on her.
Speaker 5: Oh, you've got to have some games in the reggies. Give him a run in the regie. He'll be back. Give him, he'll be He'll be on the bench in terms of score.
Speaker 3: Was Clive Churchill winner three years ago?
Speaker 5: Oh no, he'll'll be back on the bench And in the next month. Is that that about it?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Just what I want to do that is it's I think people are more upset about the Israelm thing, about the punishment more than about him. What he did was a stuff far everyone's more and he's wearing the brunt of it. So at the end of the day, then I rolling down. They should have just been anything, thank you, And the next year when he comes back, no one would say I think that's okay. He served his for months, that's it for nine weeks. That's what it's coppled so much.
Speaker 3: On the problem is that they actually all went heavier than the law exactly. So it's you can almost like, I don't agree with the punishment, but you can almost defend them for saying, well, how can you go heavier than the law? Like he should be aligned right, and the law went off on him.
Speaker 2: Think about oh man, he was clear, he didn't even have anything with the law, and he got two and a half years and this guy is getting nine weeks. Terrible anyway, Sorry.
Speaker 5: He got, he got, you didn't get. He got a clap on the wrist.
Speaker 3: I'll say it again. High on cocaine, driving a car with no license, it's unready to smashes into another car. And he gets one week more than calling someone a monkey. Yeah, think about.
Speaker 2: That's what That's not one mistake, Nick, that's fourth again.
Speaker 3: Registered, you're a monkey. I'll see you next year. Assistency whatsoever with this with this judiciary? Yes, it's sorry with the n r L themselves, and then and then, and then you've got the situation with sorry off. Then you've got the situation with the other idiot what's his name, Spanner, Spencer Len you right, and Jonathan Thurston where he goes up to Jonathan Thurston and the n r L says, we won't investigate it because neither clubs has submitted a complaint. Will you stick you those in everything else that happens, and they had an invitation, why can't you intervene in this and say, hey, mate, you're an idiot. You put the game into district on Life Television?
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, I think I think it. What it is the issue with Man's is one year up and coming to you know, he obviously divided a lot of people with the monkey comment and everything else being called that and response to that, three on drugs for no license and five hitting a family like.
Speaker 5: And yeah, a.
Speaker 6: Family that was in an uber. So they're traveling in the most safest way, safest way possible whatever. I feel like if I was and the clubs never do it. We've spoken of us before I was his PR person, I'd have been like, get in front of this and have a conversation now. So if you're taking nine weeks, you actually volunteerily take six months or whatever. Take the season yourself. And even when I saw him in that first moment, we're into Lombar. He didn't engage. You know, he didn't engage with anyone where. Really you need to get funny.
Speaker 3: It may it may have been strug not to I don't know. They probably want to keep him away from the public.
Speaker 6: He's the one that's going to suffer because now, mister present, there's no leadership.
Speaker 3: There's no there's no leader. There's no leadership. Like. One thing I don't stand for is when people say this guy's are full time pros, right, you know, I know he's only twenty years old. There's any twenty one years old. All the all the George You've got a mute button there, all the all the stupid ship that we did when we were twenty years old. We knew exactly what we were doing. They're not idiots, right, you know, you're you're a professional athlete. You know he's on television every week, You're on life television every week, and you go and do that three or four dumb things in one one combined rolled up dumb thing. Right. But again again, you know, I've got a call out. He got one week more than the guy who called him a monkey. Yeah, right, and the law and I will penalized him harsher than what the courts did. That's the hot mess that we live in here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: If I was his manager, I would have been like, take you take the heat, you take six months, you do whatever you get out there, you do an apology an around that one hundred and four grand that you're taking as a fine fifty grand and that's going to the family, thank you very much, because I don't know what family got in that sense, probably insurance or whatever. For me, I don't know. I like you guys see it the same way. But it would have appeased a lot more people that instead of him waiting to get punished, he actually punished himself. And then he did, he did an actual pr you know, because he still didn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: And I just think, and I'm not comparing the two for one second. They get me wrong, but you look at the Galvin situation. All it takes. People got short memories in this game, right, he comes back, he plays a month later, it's all forgotten.
Speaker 6: If they're playing well, I think it's Galvin did not get a full crowd booing at him at all.
Speaker 3: But watch that crowd flip when he's winning games for them. That's why you see the hypocrisy.
Speaker 6: When he doesn't though, because this has gotten to his head, and you know what is something bad happens to him and his mental health and he hurts himself because all these people sending death threats and everything else. Everyone will be like, what should we have done? The ener l should have done something, his playing manager should have done something. And this is my whole frustration, not to go into it, but with Galvin, who's protecting these kids?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: What's the narrative too? What was he going through at that point to be in that car where he felt like he should be driving at that point at that time of day or night.
Speaker 3: To be honest, probably just being a hell? Does he He's probably just been a twenty two year old or whatever he is assumption.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there's something here that we need to unpack anyway. But yes, he.
Speaker 3: We've all done stupid stuff. We just haven't been pinned for it at all. Yeah, But anyway, forget about it. We'll see what happens when he comes back. Have we done the three to one? We have?
Speaker 5: We?
Speaker 2: I think George wanted to say a couple of things. I haven't done the three to one.
Speaker 5: We've talked about the Broncos, so we know we're there, right. They just did a little bit of work. But the interesting part in this game. In this game was all about the Panthers. You know, they started up, they started off clunky, and they gave us the same as they've been giving us for the last six weeks. But as the game got on, they started looking a bit more like the Peniff that we know, not not fully not fully there, but started looking like the Pendriff. I want to talk about Nathan and and Nicole just said that he's been having an unhappy season and he has he's.
Speaker 3: We're going to put angels wings on him now because he had a good game.
Speaker 5: I always want to talk about one, just one thing about him. He has been having a unhappy season because he's hips and his shoulders been all over the place and he's been going sty war was not straight. But what I saw from this game is he's usually a calm, cool head, uh and he plays what he sees. But I saw him playing with the motion and if he if we add emotion in his game him, he might actually go to another another level. That's that's what your John's and those type of players. They play with a lot of emotion. That's the first time in my life that I've seen him play physically with formation. So as we say he's either an E or C, imagine being both. And that's the laws. Yeah, so that's what I thought. And that's only a glimpse, and he might not be there again, but obviously there's something different about him on the day, and he and he dragged and and and everybody felt in the team, everybody felt felt that and and came along with him, and and that's what happened here and and again. I hope he continues, but who knows what his pende of team. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: You could probably contribute a large portion of that to the Broncos performance as well. They scored eight points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: That was terrible. They didn't that was terrible. They played pretty much, so it was interesting. We'll see how you guys against the Cowboys in Townsville this weekend. But I just want to see I'm not I reckon he's fantastic. I'm not knocking him. The one area where I do knock him is that he does he has he has not done it at rep level yet and that's what we're all wing four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I heard that argument the other day and I can't understand how some people have got Mitch Moses, who's won an Origin series but never won a final Grand final, and clear he has won three Grand final He's been in five Grand finals and won four, Yet he's not talked as much as Moses like they've got Moses ahead of him. Where I think it's harder to win four Grand finals than playing an orangin series.
Speaker 3: And one matters when you're picking a team for a three game series, right, you're picking on form. You're picking on current form, and don't forget how many Origins is clearly played.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter how many Mitch has been in a good paramount system where they've had a window where they should have won grand finals. One one shame me.
Speaker 3: A highlight of the Nathan Cleary Origin moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've got to say it. I cn't remember.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen one, Arthur. That's why you don't know how many games does he played for your South Wales.
Speaker 2: I don't pay that much attention to origins.
Speaker 6: This is as much as how many games as he played.
Speaker 3: I'm going to look at it right now.
Speaker 6: I don't know if this is a trick question because I just flake out when I see also the police.
Speaker 2: But if you played during the Fitler series, well, you know we had a guy named Hayes Heinz who was absolutely destroyed during the Philer periods. You know, he did destroy a lot of careers or a lot of He's played how many let's.
Speaker 3: Have a look here.
Speaker 2: Said half before him. It was hard before Cleary. Anyway, Well you're looking or do the three two? One? Nathan clearly got the three. Thomas Jenkins got the two. He played really well that kid and Luke Garner the other center. I thought he was otional. I thought it was really good playing in the Senate. He's a backroller.
Speaker 6: Yeah, should have gotten just a nice pat on the on the back for one scoring that only try and to not dropping the ball. He didn't drop the ball. She's like, I know, and we lost him.
Speaker 2: It's going to be interesting with Hunt when man comes back.
Speaker 3: Well what they do so before twenty four obviously he didn't play last year. He's played in fourteen Origin games. How many years is that? And we don't have one standout highlight from him? Fourteen games fourteen appearances, one seven and last seven. If you remember last year what Moses did in game two, that's four years and then what he did in game three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not doubting Moses head a blinder. I'm not saying clear He's had four Grand Finals and starring.
Speaker 3: None of that matters in three weeks, right, none of that matters in three weeks. But my point is, you know, you know it's going to be the unlucky one here if they're all fit. Is Jerome Luai. Yeah, I know he'll be dropped. He'll be dropped. I don't do it wrongly, He'll be dropped.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. But to me, Peter Sterling, to me is one of the best halves. And I can't remember a good origin highlight, but I can remember him playing for Paramountic absolutely, and that's clearly likely, clearly as the guns you know.
Speaker 3: On YouTube then, because there's quite a few origin highlights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of slow, Yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I got I always I always joke with George. I always joke with George because the first series in News ever wonty five, Steve Motimer.
Speaker 5: Mom.
Speaker 2: Broun.
Speaker 3: I remember George said to me, Steve more than I said. Yeah, but Bret Kenny scored the match winning tray.
Speaker 5: He did, did, did and slow the best half back. But why can't Why can't be the best half back in the game. I'm just saying I believe he's the best back in the game.
Speaker 3: I'm saying it should be picked on form, right, and yeah and again again. If you look at his last two games compared to Cleary's last, how many six he's played this year? Five he's been into the first couple of first game, missed the first six.
Speaker 5: You know, I mean it is the best half back in the game. Yeah, I said that last year. I said it. I say now, as a half back.
Speaker 3: In Origin, you're going to have those big moments. You've got to you know, we've seen.
Speaker 6: I don't think I can talk to you guys during Origin because you haven't experienced it yet.
Speaker 5: What I'm like, that's good, that's good. I want to experience that. I want to experience it. I want to see passion. You know what, besides besides escapism tea when it comes to Origin, I mean, I think I want to I hate the coach that we've got. I'm thinking we're going to lose three and but once you get once we get into the swinger thing, well, there's nothing more of it than I want to win. So it's good to see emotion. It's good. It's good to seemotion, and even it's good talking about players. It's it's all, it's all, it's all emotions. So it's great. It's fantastic. There's no half feeling. It's good.
Speaker 6: Even already people were like, you know, because Broncos took the new South Wales coach, new South Wales isn't going to win. I'm like, you guys just need to play better.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not why we won't win. It's if we don't win it because Lori Daily is a coach and I like Daily right, Like he's one of my favorite players of these one like the camera team is one of one of my all time the eighties, early nineties man, along with the early nineties Broncos team. Watching them play team have like what you know what players was a great player? Yeah right, Wayne Peace was a great player, Terry Lamb was a great player. How many of them succeeded as coaches?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm releasing the list, mhm, looking.
Speaker 3: Everyone for yet it's Terry Lamb and Wayne Peace coaches West Tiliers too, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible look Daily coached during the Queensland Golden Period, so.
Speaker 3: I think I think it was more about that he didn't take risks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but I'm just saying that Bellamy coached during that period as well and lost. He was awful as well in Origin series and look at he was he was, So we can't judge Daily on I'm playing against the world class Queensland team. Maybe he won't surprise us.
Speaker 3: It's fair to say that surely he's learned his lessons and should come in with a different approach this time.
Speaker 5: But the team is set out, it's basically incumbents.
Speaker 3: I just I personally think that, let's say, theoretically, for argument's sake, if Nathan Cleary has two average games in the next two weeks, as long as his fit, he'll be the number seven. Yeah, as long as his fit, he'll be the sixth. Could be mad in the match the next two weeks, won't get picked, Yeah, probably, when really it should probably be unless clearly does that again the next week or two what he did last weekend, Right, it should probably be Moses and Law and the funny thing is that now you've got people like Andrew John's saying the same thing now, and now the media is starting to say it, whereas everyone was too scared it was taboo before. No, no, no, clearly he's got to be there. Yeah, yeah, she's been quite anyway. Can we get a three two one on this game?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 3: We did a clear golden.
Speaker 6: I didn't drop the ball, so he deserves somethin from me, said.
Speaker 3: Hm, what did you say?
Speaker 6: You didn't drop the ball, so he deserved one point from me?
Speaker 3: Drop the ball?
Speaker 6: That This next game was.
Speaker 10: Wildrazy crazy someone, so I can.
Speaker 5: Best game of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want me to go through it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Please please?
Speaker 2: Game of the round? All right, Game of the round. What a thrilling finish. And just when we thought the Bunker was not going to call any controversy that waited for the last minute of magic ground to go, here we go. I'm going to win a team agame for enough. So it was fourteen to twelve a half time, both scoring two tries each, Melbourne in the first half of the half and the Raiders in the back end of the first half. Second half was just fruition. They was just going at each other and Melbourne got to a nice eighteen twelve lead until the last minutes where Ko Weeks does a nice Chip and Chase I love that play, that's always my favorite and scores. It was like Billy Slater style in the ground in the Origin game. It was that top of Chip and Chase try, great try. But the only thing that I really felt so for at the end of this game was I would have hated to be Stefano and Lierro going to It's Bellamy in the.
Speaker 3: Dressing room game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would have tort shreds out of him. He was right, but camera to their credit, mate, never give up. Last week the up twenty eight ten down against Dolphins and ended up beating him forty to twenty eight, and this week they did the same.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 2: This team is the most They're not the green machine. They're the excitement machine because they are exciting to watch and they've got a lot of young players. They've got what's his name, Taperay who's leading first year. I think his captain and his leadership is fantastic. But they're just football and the youngsters are just outstanding.
Speaker 3: So what's interesting about Melbourne because they're probably still the Premiership favorites. But yeah, how many games this year and I know we're going off you know I'm being finicky here, right, how many times this year if they lost the second half?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the mental issue. Yeah, it's a habit. It's a habit that got into.
Speaker 3: I mean the they walloped Parramatta in Round one, but they lost the second half. We all know what happened against the Dolphins. It happened in this game, and I'm sure it's happened in one or two others. You know what it is to we're Melbourne Leary at halftime.
Speaker 2: I can't and I think Sir George were but not missing Harry Grant and they're missing I don't reckon Jerome Sorry, Jerome Hughes is one hundred percent. He's been Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing Bustard. They don't look like they are one hundred percent some of these players, so maybe that might be the issue. But I've never seen the Storm be so hot and cold. Hey like lose one day. It's really.
Speaker 3: Because I for one thought they were going to finish pretty game. But they do pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are, they're really good, good to watch.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what were saying?
Speaker 6: What did you guys think about the win? Like Kistorm thought they won and it was brought back.
Speaker 2: The field goals. Yeah, well it was the right decision in the end because it was stupid. It was was on the elbows. I don't know what the era was deciding to do, and it was a stupid thing to do. But it's controversial. I don't know. Maybe that was. But one thing you've got to give credit to. We've got the Raiders playing the Dogs this week. Right now, the Dogs have only played one or two teams in the top six and they got builted by Broncos the Raiders, right, They've beaten the Warriors, the Broncos of Seagulls, the Cows and the Sharks and now the Storm. So the Raiders are just doing everything right at the moment. They're the full team. They're beaten the teams at the top, you know what I mean, Whereas the Dogs are beating all the teams at the bottom and lost to a couple. They're going to be the Sharks. Maybe they might not might do a similar thing the Sharks.
Speaker 3: That's what I've got my foot in my mouth because I honestly thought Camber wouldn't. I thought they just drop off.
Speaker 2: It's so impressive, it's unbelievable. I know George is hanging add stuff.
Speaker 5: Stylistically. So I really enjoyed this game because both both teams or no Canberra went to win the ruck they had. They had to take the ruck away from from the storm because that's where the storm. Everything starts from the ruck and all the penalties, the Stefano penalty that it was all battling Stalin is unbelievable. He's he's a little terrier and he's been doing it for a month or more now to win that ruck. So that battle was intriguing for me. The pulling, the the the all the locks, all those things, all the famous Melbourne tricks that are all out but guess what the Raiders were doing it back to them, So it was intriguing. It was intriguing this team. There's a lot of this Raiders team. They get into some habits which which are long lasting, and they're getting some good habits. They're always in the fight. They're not pretty to watch, they've got their own style, but they're always in that bloody fight. So you've got to shoot the baskets to get rid of them. I mean, they're not going to go away. They're going to be hanging around. Maddie Nicholson.
Speaker 3: For all his.
Speaker 5: Defaults in defense, he's got a beautiful little pop. He can stand and pop. So if hats and young can't get it done, like he didn't do it. He was very good, but he didn't break the line. Maddie Nicholson that that little pop which brought care weeks into the game with that with that run was absolutely stunning. There's grit, there's grinding his team and they're going to keep on improving. I think now where it's going to take us at the end of the year, I don't I'm not sure. I don't know, but let me tell you there's something brilling, there's something brewing in the Green Jersey this year, and I can't wait to see where it takes us. They're big, they're physical, they're young, they're fast, and I loved it. I loved every every second. Yeah, I loved every second of it. I really did the storm. Like we said, they've got themselves into a into a bit of a habit of starting like a house on fire, then just putting their foot off the gas. It's a habit. It's a habit which which I'm sure John Chris will get them out. And in terms of the penalties, John Crest is right, and that's why they got to spray. You don't have the ball in your possession and you give penalties away, you just don't. You just don't. And guess what those two penalties. The other reason is they lost the game. Yeah, and they lost the ruck. But they will get that will get fixed by when Harry Grant comes back. That will be sort sorted out. And I think I think Art is right regarding the halfback Hughes. There's something wrong. He's not the person. He can't be Arty because he's not the person he was. Pap and House it just lights things up, doesn't He just lights it up. I love watching I really love watching Pap and Uh what's that young winger? That habit that you put and uh, Pate House, Yeah, he's he's so good, he's so good.
Speaker 2: It was George Player was No, I'm talking wou is a gun?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I think it isn't he Yeah? I think so. Just trying to put him in anywhere now, just but he's very good.
Speaker 5: Special Nicola, I really, really really enjoyed this game. He had be on on the edge of feet and and and I like, I liked it for everything around the play, the battle, the battle of getting the upper hand. Like I said that ruck, my eyes, my eyes were glued on the ruck, all the little things I was doing, the pulling the chicken, with everything. John Crest has pulled out everything to win that ruck. I guesse what didn't give a flying doing it back, not going it back. So just this mash on the ground, this massive white It.
Speaker 2: Was so good.
Speaker 5: I loved them.
Speaker 2: How good was that Troy when he just kicked the division He just knew straight away Pap was there. Kicked the strain of his hands anyway, three three points to tap. He was outstanding as captain at far. Logo got the two points and Ko Weeks it's got the one point for that game.
Speaker 5: He's he's so electric. He reminds me of what's that in the nineties, Nicola, that that fullback that had he was a chip and Chase Manta mullin remember him. He reminds me of Week reminds me a lot of Marlins. Just burn pace to burn, pace to burn. I love that game, I should watch the Twyfe. I've already watched the Twyfe.
Speaker 3: And mainly had to buy Magic Crown hmhm magic. So let's get Crystal Wall Cristal.
Speaker 2: Before we go to that. I'm going to make a plead to the inner real please give Saint George the buy next year for the Magic Ground. We've never won a game in Magic Ground.
Speaker 3: I don't think give us the buye.
Speaker 2: Please, whoever plays next you guarantee wins. Anyway, next this.
Speaker 5: Week coming that against Women's Round, Women's Round, women in League, women in leagually Round. It's one of my favorite, one of my favorite rounds because you know, I remember my mother carted me around at eight o'clock and in the morning to certain grounds as well. So they do a lot.
Speaker 3: They do a lot.
Speaker 5: Our moms do a lot.
Speaker 2: They do absolutely another game too and.
Speaker 5: Mother's which is even better. There you go, which is which is even better?
Speaker 2: It m'll be talking about women. The women's New South Wales team thirty to twelve over the Queensland Origin Game one. That was pretty impressive performance by than yourself Welsh ladies.
Speaker 5: The first the first game one. I think the best is yet to come. I think it's going to get I don't think I don't think this. I don't think God will continue to be a yeah, yeah, I think it was. It was, Yeah, I think that. I think the third game, which I think is in Queensland now or maybe in Newcastle now, that's going to be the decider. I can't wait. I can't wait. I really enjoyed it, mind you can I just say something. The women's game, it's starting to look more like the men's game. The rest on the ruck. They're starting to wrestle and they're starting to do all those things that I hate the men. The men are doing, and I watched it. I watched the women's because it was free and open. Now the coaches, obviously, and the and the players are getting that skilled. It looks a lot like a reel now.
Speaker 2: But anyway, George Trish Stratus from w W as their coach.
Speaker 3: Whotus George, Wait she is she's from the nineties.
Speaker 11: Oh right, okay, still rest get the natal boy back on before I cut you off to Sorry, No, I.
Speaker 6: Was just yeah, I just want to put that last round behind me for so many reasons.
Speaker 5: Your good stuff coming up now, move on.
Speaker 3: Let's do our tips, Crystal Ball.
Speaker 2: Let's go quickly through these. So we've got the first game of the round tomorrow night, Eels versus Dolphins Eels. Same as last week. Marshall king out CAFUSI in, who do you guys want for this one? So I didn't do much research on these, sorry, guys.
Speaker 3: I was in a rusting So I'm gonna I'm gonna tip.
Speaker 5: I think I think at home the Dolphins out of thoughts, they haven't played bad since miss has been been back. I think in front of their home crowd, and I think they the favorites. They'll get the two points.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was thinking Dolphins with and but I was just thinking of what they're like at home with Races.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, Mitch, Mitch Love's playing there, Mitch Love's playing early, same cround.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get Dolphins. I'm going to be different because I think the Dolphins have been pretty good. Actually, I thought they unlucky last against the Raiders, and they're a good team. I reckon they're very underestimated to the Dolphins. Yeah, so I'm going to still compliment, Yeah, full compliment they are. They're getting Cafusie back. You'll ruddles and feathers. Anyway, so three to one. Next game after that Friday night first game, this is a battle of the This is an interesting one. We got the Knights up against the Titans over at McDonald's James Stadium. No change for the Knights. Jayden Campbell Jojo for Feeder. How good our name is? Jojo? I love that name, but Jojo, what's your thoughts on this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, JoJo's back, but it's in Newcastle teeth. So being in being in Newcastle and the rumblings we're hearing coming out from the Titans, and the Knights had their first victory, and I'm sure they want to pay back their fans because I can guarantee you the same would be full. I don't know how much it fits in there, thirty thousand, but it will be full. They're loyal. I'm going to go Knights nights.
Speaker 2: What about you, Tenure?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I think I'll go nights as well. It's just too like off that last wind, like and they're at home side. Note I did say this to Nick, but Jack Cocker looks like a young Marky mark Orberg, by the way, watch him crazy.
Speaker 2: Goat nights already one after. This is the Rabbit up against the Broncos. Joe Gray named on the bench, mamozulas your favorite player. Georgie is out, t Mitchell is back, Humphreys is back, Ezra Queensland Cup. Pinch me.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Apart from that, pinch.
Speaker 5: Me, I'm dreaming Broncos again on the plane coming to Sydney. But I think from the last week performance the Broncos might have had an interesting week of training. This week they still depleted the Rabbits. They like what I'm seeing from the Rabbits. The Broncos. They're dynamic. If they want to win, they'll they'll win and win.
Speaker 7: Will Yeah, I'll go Broncos.
Speaker 3: Broncos.
Speaker 6: Broncos got Carapani and mardin sweet, so we're.
Speaker 2: All going the Broncos. Did our street continue us?
Speaker 3: Sweet?
Speaker 2: You can everyone that's sick. Okay. Raiders up against the Bulldogs. This is a cracking game. First for a second, no changes for the Raiders. Preston out, Matt Burton is back for the Dogs. Who do you guys like it? That one Goo Stadium? It's in Canberra. Three o'clock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same, yeah, look after after seeing what the Raiders are done, they've got the pack to really upset us. And I know we've got Burton back, but we've still got a few injuries and we've got a few suspensions. I'd like to say we're going to win, and if we can beat we can beat the Raiders, well then I know we're legitimate. But Rick, you will have these guys at home just eating rural meat. So I just can't see it.
Speaker 2: I go the Raiders as well, Clinton, Sweet home, all the home team. Oh god, Nick. Game is at Wins Stadium. Now, we've got Dragons up against the Warriors. Five thirty games Saturday, six o'clock game, whatever it is. Goola out for the Dragons. Emu and Logo pacifica Tonga making his debut. Good young kid. This kid is going to go on fire. Brocco Berry is out for the Warriors.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: Rick James. We've got a new nickname for this guys last time, but now we're calling James. I was going to say that one, but anyway, so we've got this one here, which is an interesting game. Now, so George's record win Stadium is not bad. We've been the Storms last time there, so yeah, but Warriors different kettle of fish, who do you like.
Speaker 3: I'm going I'm going to dragons.
Speaker 2: You're going dragons?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, playing Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give a dragons and.
Speaker 2: Dragons.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm the only one. ID. I like the habits that the Warriors have got into. If they if they show those habits again, Dragons might struggle. The kid that's coming in he said, he is that that big backroller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy's yeah, it's not the kid we saw in the ridges. Okay, there's a kid in the ridges. It's absolutely killing it named Nick to Granis. He's a back rower. But they played in the centers last week and he absolutely killed it. So he's very good. I'm going to Warriors. I'm going against the Dragons. I heard which coach said name?
Speaker 3: What was his name? Nick?
Speaker 5: I was speaking, I was speaking about him.
Speaker 3: I was laughing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't remember which coach said up, but he said, out of all the teams he's played, he reckons. The Warriors are the hardest team to break down in defense, and George aren't good at breaking down defenses even the worst team, So the Warriors for me, I can't say Saints winning this, but you never know.
Speaker 3: We've been I'm going to take a couple of mounts and I'm taking a punt on the dragons that win. Yeah, because they're they're kind of week in week out. It's yeah, it's like they're running across the river. You know, when you're jumping on the on the stones one you're fall in the water. It's like, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: You know what is nick? The games that you think they're going to win, they don't. But the ones like when they lost to beat Melbourne and they beat mainly a brook Vale, you didn't think that, you know. That's that's why it's a good call that might happen. Cowboys are next up against the Panthers. That finishes off Saturday night. We've got Mitch Kenny out, but you've got no sorry, Mitch Kenny is in. Brian Brian or he's in as well, and so is Brad Schneider who's on the bench. Sam McIntyre in for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Two inns there for Penrith to only got Cowboys at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you're going Cowboys, Yeah, holy humorous team would be a yeah.
Speaker 6: But also just like they played quite well at home and just after like I reckon everything, team is going to go hard this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm torn here and ninth playing the fifth, ninth playing fifteenth. You know what again, what I saw last week? If they reproduced that form, PENI will win and win will but can they reproduce that form? I'm going to go penriff. I'll be the outlier here. But yeah, yeah, I hope they do because, like I said, I love watching good rugby league, so I'm going pennies.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get pennies as well. Mate. I think it's going to be another soul taken all takers. Starting off Sunday, we have the Storm Wow up against the West Tigers. No changes, both teams as they were last week.
Speaker 3: So Storm throwing me at the end of the game. Yeah, look, there was there was one year. There was one a week before Magic Round. I think I might have said this a few years.
Speaker 5: Ago and happened. Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Melbourn had a bad loss. Can who's against In the press conference? You might remember this, Craig Bella, he said, I'll replace the whole team before I have to. Nobody's safe and I said he would, I said, and I just said ship. We're playing them next week at Magic Round sixty eight or something. I don't know what it was. Yeah, just you know it's coming. You know when he said something like that I.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't lose a lot this year, Like, yeah, there's just I've seen his angry face looks I'm going to go Tigers. That's probably gonna.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 6: They're getting a really good like the you know Galvin's or playing nice little Galvin like Ryan. Yeah, I don't know, Taruver's you're buller Bullers then, I don't know. I just did something's wrong with Storm at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are the Melbourne Melbourne Park or Double am I Park? After a lot? Can you imagine the top of week the storm boys have had, I don't think very pleasant them at three quarter pace the Storm and with that their best storm work win and win will. Yeah, it'll take them a while, it'll take them while to break them down, but oh we will. We will.
Speaker 2: Big test for the Tigers. But yeah, I'm with you mate, I'm going for the Storm as well. So we've got three Storm tenures going the Tigers. And to finish off of the round, it's a battle of the beaches. We've got the beach Andy versus the Coronella Sharks. Jason sab and Jake Trabovich are in the Sharks. We've got Daniel Atkinson in and Taalaqui out?
Speaker 3: Is your in?
Speaker 6: Are they tom?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 5: Oh voyage?
Speaker 3: I'll go well rested mainly at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, coming, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I really don't know. I don't know. I don't know. You know what, Please shame me something. The sharks that they're they're they're talking Top four. Show me something, sharks. Shame something, shame something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going Eagles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they haven't got a shark. Haven't got a very good record at four points. If I'm if I'm not wrong, I have no, I didn't get to do any of that, haven't too many times. So for then tenous benefit.
Speaker 3: Remember what Jay Gibson used to say, it's just a patch of grass with a fence around it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, basically that matters when the bill rings. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I might go the Sharks as all mate. So we've got two sharks and yeah, two sharks and too manly for that one, I think, and that rounds up the round.
Speaker 5: They're very similar teams in terms of in terms of quality. So I expect the humdinger of a game.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 5: Even even stylistically, they're not that far away. Both teams like moving the ball, big outside back, bringing the ball back, so it might be a might be an entertaining game on our Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: And they.
Speaker 2: Now Super League results just quickly, We've got the Castle for Tigers eight, Wakefield Trinity thirty two.
Speaker 5: They keep on, They just keep on. Those youngsters just kept on doing the I didn't doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they sure do. We can worry his twenty two Warrington Wolves twenty close game there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, they might have won, but Wigham is still out of thought and Sam Sam hasn't got his team humming yet. They desperately need a half back. And you know what, Tristan Salet does not look happy. It doesn't look happy, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Helens?
Speaker 5: Sorry? I sorry, sat Helen? Sorry, Wigham? Sorry? Yeah, yeah, sorry you're Wigham. You're talking about Wigham? Yeah, Warrington, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I got yeah, I remember the game now. Yeah, yeah, Big Sam hasn't got his team hummy. That was a really good game. Yep, it was a good game. Yeah, we're going it's just a good team, just a good team. They just steamer all the teams.
Speaker 2: Another close one followter that. How does Piel Giants twelve ten st Helen's Do you want to talk about that one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: St Helen's four, Leeds Rhinos bright after team seventeen.
Speaker 5: Now Brad Arthur say whatever you want to say about him. He amazes me, he laughed. At the end of last year, he generally picked up not a good team. They weren't a good team and he gave him enough structure to just miss out of the eighth. This year they're top four. They're not a good team, but because he gives them enough structure and they give him parks to do what they have to do, they come over most of the teams. The guys a good coach. The guys are very good coach. And I hope he goes to Perth because he's the perfect coach for Perth.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He's got nothing, there's nothing there, there is not And when I look at him individually, I go they're not good players, but together they're good. So I do want to give a shout out to Brad Arthur. That's all, you know, he shouldn't be. He should not be He should not be super League. He should not be super League. When when Australian coaches go to England they take Wigham Auton Helens, they big, they take the big teams. This team when he took them was second last last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's not all of them succeed George Jeff Tuvy went over to England. He was horrible, apparently ship apparent heated himself anyway. Col Kingston Rovers fifty four, Selford Devil's nil and Leopards. Sorry mate, you want to get.
Speaker 5: The Shelford It gets worse, It gets worse and worse that they've got a Reggis team now. But Nick Polias has sweept in. He's thinking of buying them to call them the Salford Roosters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my Salford because they closed to Manchester.
Speaker 5: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: There you go, I don't know that. Yeah, Lee Leopards twenty six, Cattle arm Dragon's twenty four to round out the round the latter top four, Holkingston Rovers eighteen we can Worry sixteen, Lee Leopard's ugly jerseys in the world in the world ye and Leeds Rhinos.
Speaker 5: Twelve leads in the top four. Unbelievable, seriously unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Good on it.
Speaker 2: And that's it for me.
Speaker 5: George, have you got anything for us, I've got nothing. We're over to nearly two and a half hours somehow. Unless unless he's got a play and review, we're done. I think this week.
Speaker 3: Not for this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that wraps up episode ten and round nine, and so I'm heading out to the game tomorrow night. So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and we'll see you on next week.
Speaker 2: That's it. Happy Mother's Day Sunday, Hope you have a good one.
Speaker 3: Happy Mother's Day Sunday. Happy Mother's Day ten for Sunday, but I'll talk to you before then.
Speaker 5: And happy right, Happy rugby league, everybody League