Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host Samantha Fay.
Speaker 2: And I'm Deb Bowen.
Speaker 1: And today we're coming to you with our monthly question and answer show. We have some wonderful questions and of course some fabulous stories to share with you. Just as a reminder, if you want to share a story or question with Psychic Teachers, just email us Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. Deb you want to start us.
Speaker 2: Off absolutely, This first question says Swen is approaching. That means Halloween for those of you who may not be familiar with that term. And I asked my father for a sign. I ask for something specific. When I was a little girl, my father would play guitar and sing me a song about shoes. It was my favorite that he sang to me. It was our connection when I was a child. I asked him to send me a sign that I would be okay in these uncertain times. Anxiety sucks. I ask for red shoes. I went to support a friend at an open mic night, not my usual outing or atmosphere. There was a young man with a shiny red guitar. It was candy Apple red. Someone at the table said, oh, look that guitar reminds me of Dorothy's red shoes. Not only was this a guitar, my father's instrument and solids in this world, it was associated with red shoes. I just knew my Daddy was reassuring me. I hope this brought a smile to your face, as it really did to mine, and I wanted to share thank you so much for that. I just love that that kind of clear validation, and that is so incredibly specific. It's just such a gift. And as you are reminding of your connection with your father and the science that he has sent you, I just love you. And I have to tell you that as Samantha and I are recording this episode, we are celebrating what would have been our friend Jenny Granny Jean the Palm Reader's ninety seventh birthday. So thank you for making a smile with this great story.
Speaker 1: I love it. And what would make that person say the red guitar reminds them of Dorothy's red shoes, Like I could see comparing I don't know a red guitar to a Rock Stars guitar, but to shoes. That spirit at.
Speaker 2: Work, well, it really is. And of course the old rock and roll girl that I am. As I'm reading this, I'm hearing an old Elvis Costello song where the chorus says, I used to be disgusted, Now I try to be amused. The angels want to wear my red shoes.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, and says I attended a mediumship group reading where my father came through. The medium identified two important dates, the eighth and the thirty first. Well, my father was born on the thirty first and died on the eighth. She provided great detail of foods I've eaten, things I've bought, all in just this last week to show he's around me. She gave details that she could not have known about my experience with my father during his illness. Before his death, she told me he wants me to be tougher, that I'm kind hearted and often others take advantage of me. I've been told I'm an EmPATH by my therapist, hence my intense emotions and why I care so deeply about others. My question is, how does an EmPATH get tougher? How do I take this message from my dad to help me on my life's journey. Well, I thought this was a really good question. Deb and I also think it's a good example of how mediumship works, because they'll try to give you some validating things about the emotions of the personality of the person, some specifics like their birth date or death date. But the fact that she provided so many minute details of things she'd done that week just to show that the dad was around her is the sign of a really good medium. But also this is how a reading should work. You give details, you give validations, and then you bring through the message. And his message was that she needs to be tougher, that she's.
Speaker 2: Very, very kind hearted.
Speaker 1: I don't think it needs to be an either or. I don't think that you have to be tough or kind hearted. I believe that you can and should be both. We have to be tough, we have to be strong, we have to be resilient, but we also have to be tender and empathic and kind hearted. I think the best way to work on that is to practice sacred selfishness. So start with doctor Bud Harris's book called Sacred Selfishness, which really really helped me when I started to embrace my empathy and try to set boundaries. That book and so many like it, I think Brene Brown's work would also be really great for you to look into, because both of them talk about how important it is to put yourself first, to not see it as being selfish, to really focus on who you are and what you want and make sure your needs are met. And that comes through practicing sacred selfishness and through setting really really firm boundaries. And the thing with boundaries is you have to set them once and twice and three times, and sometimes dozens of times if you're dealing with difficult people. But each time you set that boundary, it gets easier and easier and easier, and you'll see that you're able to maintain your kind heart, but also your inner strength will flourish.
Speaker 2: I've been reading a lot of Anne LaMotte lately. I just love her work. I just love her way of being in the world. And one of the things that she says that she's probably pretty famous for is you know everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you, And I think that's a part of that taking care of yourself is backing away, unplugging and then replugging and setting those boundaries while you're doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I like to ask myself to is this mind to carry?
Speaker 2: You? Know? Good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're worried about someone, or someone's coming to you with their issues or they're pulling on you too much, I always have this reflex, this instant response to dive in and help out, and I've had to learn to ask myself is this mind to carry?
Speaker 2: All? Right? Our next one says, my question is about telepathy and how you approach long distance connections. Do either of you have stories of time when you've received or sent messages telepathically to someone. I'm curious to hear about any experiences where you felt someone thinking about you, or had a sudden nudge to check in on someone, especially if they turned out any help or support. Additionally, do you have a specific technique or practice that you use when trying to connect with someone telepathically. I've heard people describe the sensation of telepathy as similar to feeling someone watching you, so I'd be fascinated to hear if you've experienced anything like that too. Well, this is an interesting question. I guess the people I've so deeply emotionally and spiritually connected to just kind of stay that way. We just know if my phone rings it. Sometimes I know it's going to be Joel. For example, have there been times where I have set down with the intention of connecting to someone telepathically. Absolutely, there have been those times. And for me, it's not so much of being able to see someone or feel someone watching me, or vice versa. I often, because of being such an auditory communicator, hear their voice or ask them to hear mine. So that's the primary Claire and I bring them all in. But that's the primary that I use when I'm doing telepathic work. And often the reverse is true. If I know someone needs to talk to me and they're sending me a message, I hear their voice or hear a song that I know is one of their favorite songs.
Speaker 1: For example, I always wonder if you know, like when you go to text someone and you get your phone out and you unlock the screen and then a text comes in from them, I always wonder, is that that must be a form of telepathy?
Speaker 2: Well, of course it is in the modern world.
Speaker 1: Or if you show up for lunch with a friend and you're both wearing the same colors. What I teach my be your Own Psychic class, one of the partner exercises we do is called the sender receiver exercise, and that's where you're assigned a partner and you're given symbols and numbers and images to send to your partner, and then your partner has to receive it and try to guess, you know, if it's one, two, three, four or five, or what letter it is and so on, and then you switch roles because some people are better at sending telepathically and others are better at receiving telepathically, and I think it's important to know which of those two is your strength. So this listener could try doing that with a friend. It's a really fun way to play with telepathy. There's also a crystal that is known as the telepathic stone, and that is angelite. And it's said, according to Melody and Judy Hall, if you buy two pieces of angelite, and you keep one and give one to your child, your partner, your best friend, whoever you want to try this with, that it will enhance your ability to connect telepathically. The one experience I've had with telepathy that stands out to me, I often get messages in my dreams, and a couple of years ago, I had a dream that a friend I knew from a long time ago. I hadn't seen this person in over twenty years, was in really really dire streets, was going through quite a depression. And in the dream, his whole family, a bunch of us were all gathered around this couch trying to talk and just you know, cheer him up and things like that. But I hadn't spoken to him. I had no idea where he was. I wasn't going to be like, hello, you know, how to dream about you that you were very sad, Like what do you do with that? So I just wrote an affirmation for him that he is healthy and happy, and I lit a candle for him that day, and I just went to work and went about my day. And when I came home, I had an email from him saying, Hey, is there any way I could schedule a reading with you? I really need some help now. I don't know if that was from the dream, the candle, the intention of the prayer, but I thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 2: Well it is, and I mean, you just never know how those things are going to evolve, do you no?
Speaker 1: But it's I think telepathy is absolutely fascinating, and this listener could also look at I think it's called Psychic Spies. The Russell targ documentary it's on Amazon Prime fascinating and they talk about some of the research they did telepathy, and it focuses mainly on remote viewing, but looking into that work could be helpful too. Our next one says, my mother passed away in August three years ago. On August twenty first, she and I discussed that she would try to give me a sign to let me know she was around. And Okay, since she passed, I have not received a sign that could not be chalked up to coincidence. And like you both say, sometimes we're given signs, but we want more. On October fourth, at about three thirty pm, I was driving to work, missing my mother so terribly as she was my very best friend. I began to talk out loud in the car to her, asking her for a sign, telling her I needed a sign that I could not dispute that I knew for sure solid it was her. As I stopped at the light in front of me, I looked at the license plate of the car. It was from Tennessee. That is where she had lived for the last thirty years of her life. I smiled and said, I see it, Mom, but that could be coincidence. I need something that I know for sure it's you. Two hours later, at work, I was talking to a teenage co worker. We ended up realizing that her boyfriend was best friends with my great nephew. Kind of a long story, a lot of thin threads came together here. She was so surprised that he was my great nephew. A few minutes later, she said, he always wears a necklace with a picture on it. I want to show it to you and see if you know who it is. I said, okay, So she opens her phone and enlarged the photograph on the chain hanging around his neck, and turned her phone around to show me. When I looked, it was my mother's face, a picture of her in her forties, smiling back at me. It took my breath away. I started to cry.
Speaker 2: I could not.
Speaker 1: Believe it was my mom looking back at me from the photo. One hour after that, I was telling the young man who was my manager what I had experienced. He hugged me and said, I'm so happy for you that your mama said hi. She was a real cat. I didn't know her well, but she seemed really cool. She was a real cat. At that moment, my mind was totally blown. Her husband of thirty plus years and her father and all of his family always called her cat. Everyone else called her Kathy. So within less than five hours, she showed me Tennessee, the state she lived in with her husband for the whole of their marriage, her actual picture smiling back at me, and the name she was called by the people that were very closest to her. Wow, that is incredible and it just shows you how you know, DEBUTAI are always saying, ask for a sign, state the sign, give a time limit, and if you don't get it. You know, if you're if you're asking for a sign from your guide about a decision you should make and you don't get that sign, well then there's your answer. But if you're asking for a sign from a loved one that they're okay and they don't give you a sign, I think it is perfectly fine to be just as pushy as this listener was. I love that she got a little frustrated and talked out loud on the and was like, I need a sign now, and the mom gave her a sign Tennessee, and she was like, yeah, that's not enough. I need more. And then her mom was like, you want more. I got more.
Speaker 2: And I understand the hesitancy to accept the first sign that shows up because you know, yeah, coincidence. I mean, it's possible. So I get wanting more. But at some point, I think we also have to just trust and believe. And I think that that's sometimes the hardest thing for us to do, is to say, yes, this really was a sign, and I'm grateful for it, and I'll stop now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want to bug them, but I.
Speaker 2: Think they're busy over there.
Speaker 1: They're busy there, and they have to learn how to manipulate energy and thoughts and talk about telepathy, to put those ideas and words into other people's heads. Like our first story, I think that was her father making that man say that ray guitar reminds me of Dorothy's red shoes.
Speaker 2: Well, and she didn't have to push for that, it just came. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like when you ask for your loved one to play a song for you, and you're pushing your grocery card through the store and over the musac comes the exact song you asked for. I think that loved one on the other side had to use telepathy and the intent of their energy to get that song to be played at that exact moment, and so that takes they have to learn how to do all of that.
Speaker 2: It takes a bit of energy to do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, But I still say, if you were grieving and you're struggling, and you just you just need a postcard from heaven, I think it's okay to be pushy like this, but I want you to get that sign, then let it be.
Speaker 2: But you also need to give them time. Yes. I so remember the morning that Jean died and Ralph and I literally were walking across the parking lot to go to the funeral home to make the arrangements, and he is wailing, and he said, I need her to give me a sign. I need her to let me know she's okay. She hadn't been dead fifteen minutes. I said, you gotta give her a few minutes to get oriented, you know. And so part of that sometimes is I need to remember that earth time and time across the veil. It is not necessarily to say.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's also their personality, you know, like our mom gave us that sign through wordle the day after she died. But that's her personality, you know. I told you she'll cut through any line and be like, no, no, my daughters need this, whereas my dad took months to give us a sign. And that could be because he passed from Alzheimer's, but it could also be because his personality is much more observant. Let me hold back, let me evaluate and study this, let me really learn all of this. So you have to take into account the energy of their personality too, right, But I love that her mother was a built and like why I want to know why the great nephew is wearing his great aunt's picture or would that be his great great aunts picture around his neck?
Speaker 2: I wondered about that too, But I mean, that's too big for me right now. But yeah, yeah, pretty wild.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, Let's take a quick break and will be right back with some more wonderful stories and questions. I am so excited to let you guys know that Denise and I are going to be teaching our mediumship classes in the new year. We're trying something different. Instead of doing four classes in a month, we're going to teach the classes in two longer sessions on Saturdays, This way we'll have time to do in class partner exercises with real time feedback. Also in January, I'm teaching my Manifesting class to help you kickstart your new year goals, and in February, I'm teaching my Be your Own Psychic class. Just go to Smithafay dot com and click the Upcoming events tab for more information. Oh and I have a new Smokey Courts bracelet on my website. Smoky Courts is great for absorbing residues of negativity and stagnation inside of us. It acts like a magic eraser, helping to clean and clear your aura, and just in time for the holidays, you can also get signed copies of my books which come with funstickers and bookmarks too. Check out Samantha Fay dot com and click the stores tab. How about you, dev what do you have coming up?
Speaker 2: Many of you have been waiting for me to offer my Unlocking the Mysteries of to Row course again. This is the course that teaches you the beginning skills of how to read to Row. The course begins Tuesday, January seventh and runs for three consecutive tuesdays, and you can join either an afternoon or an evening section both taught on Zoom and registration deadline is Friday, January third. Details are on my website Deboen dot com. Also, if you want to know more about how numbers affect your life and what animal people are working with you, check out the Numerology and Animal guide reports I offer. And of course I'm always honored when you subscribe to my free newsletter. Scribe button is at the bottom of my website homepage. And again, all the information about these courses and more is on my website Deboen dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Our next one says I only recently discovered your podcast and have been listening to older episodes. About a week ago, I found an episode of yours about chakra cleansing. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I completely believe in things like chakras, but I'm open minded enough to read about it and even tried a chakra cleansing chant today on YouTube. Oddly enough, as I tried the solar plexus chant, I quite literally got short of breath and felt a very deep sadness. The moment the video moved on to the next chakra chant, my shortness of breath and sadness went away instantly. I looked up symptoms that the solar plexus might be bought and found a list of seventeen symptoms. The only symptom I have of the seventeen listed for a block solar plexus chakra is diabetes, which was fully under control without meditation, without medication until I had the coronavirus. Since then, I've only been able to manage my blood sugar with medication, even though I exercised more than ever before and have a healthy diet and lifestyle. I find it odd that this is the one and only health problem I have and is linked to the one and only chakra cleansing chant. They gave me a negative physical and emotional reaction. We have chakras all over our bodies. This is an ancient Sanscript word. The word chakra means weal, so it's an old methodology of being in the world. You have chakras in your hands, for example, but the major chakras in your torso are the seven that this listener is talking about here, and each of the chakras has a connection to phyle being, emotional being, and spiritual being within us colors of the rainbow. It goes on and on and on, and your solar plexus chakra is the chakra that is most connected to what we call gut feeling. That's where it comes from. It's dealing with the guts and the intuition of our being. But what I would suggest to you is that if you came away from that meditation with a feeling and a belief and a thought that you need more work on managing your diabetes, and that you're paying attention to that intuition of knowing that your chakra did its job.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what else is stored there, though, is anger. We will store anger in our solar plexus and sometimes our heart chakra, but the solar plexus is where we have our will, our sense of determination, our sense of justice. And I think whenever you're diagnosed with something like diabetes, I would think there'd be anger. I know my former mother in law have dealt with diabetes the last twenty five years of her life, and you know she dealt with it with grace like this listener, But you know she was kind of mad. I mean there were times we'd be at holiday gatherings and people will be passing chocolate dessert after cheesecake after pecan pie, and she'd be like, no, no, thank you, and you know that's kind of make you kind of mad, like why me? And so it could have just been a reaction to that. Other times, though, I've done chakra cleansings and I'll have a strong reaction in one chakra and I'll do some I'll send some light and some healing to it, and the next day I'll do the same chakra clearing meditation and I don't have a reaction there. So, just as our auras and our vibrations and our frequencies shift and change all the time, I think the blockages and our chakras can shift and change.
Speaker 2: All the time too, I do too, Okay.
Speaker 1: Our next one says my brother and sister in law recently bought a house in my city and needed some help getting the new house in order before they started unpacking. I was over at their house on move in day doing some cleanup in the backyard. While cleaning up some brush around a small tree, I found sitting at the base of the tree what looks like a cluster of selenite crystals. I picked up the crystal matrix and it felt like it weighed about two pounds. I was shocked to see something like this in a random city in the United States. I guess in my mind, I always thought if I ever found a crystal out in the wild, it would be while traveling abroad, exploring through caves or something exotic like that. I'm actually friends with the previous owners of the house my brother had just purchased, so I immediately texted them and asked if they had left it behind. They had no idea what I was talking about and told me I could keep whatever I found. I then took the crystal inside the house to inspect it more closely. Excitedly, I displayed the crystal on the kitchen table to show off my miraculous discovery to my brother and sister in law. The pair were less than amused, as they are not nerds like me. Oh, I feel that pain. That wouldst.
Speaker 2: A and you're not a nerd. I just have to say that, But anyway.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, No, I would be like to you. Oh, that would make me bad, okay. I told them. The previous owners were unaware of the crystal and seemingly not interested in it. I then asked my brother if he and his wife would like to keep the crystal They were puzzled by my question and told me in the nicest way possible that they do not want to keep a rock, and I was welcome to take it home. Oh my gosh, this is like the Ugly Duckling story. After getting them settled into the house, drove to one of the local metaphysical stores to have the crystal identified. The owner of the store told me she believes it's a slenite crystal on matrix, likely from a mine in Mexico. I was a little puzzled by the location she suggested to me. I was not sure how she was able to guess the exact mind in the world that the crystal came from, and I suppose I had assumed that the crystal had just emerged from the earth in my city. Regardless of the correct identification, I have had this crystal for a few weeks now, and to my surprise, I feel absolutely nothing from it. Okay, I'm feeling so bad for this crystal. Can I just interject that this is like the little crystal that could. Typically with my crystals, I can hold them and immediately feel a change my vibration. With this crystal, though, I don't feel anything, not that I feel anything bad or negative. There's just blankness. I did a smoke cleanse on the crystal and set it near my altar so I can appreciate it, but it feels no different than having a random cup sitting on my desk. I just don't feel anything. So with all of this set, I have a few questions. I've never actually had a slenite crystal, so maybe the blankness I feel from the crystal is typical of slenite and I'm unaware. I also wonder if my lack of connection with the crystal means that I should part ways with it. I wonder if the sal Andie could serve someone else much better than it serves me. I would hope that somebody else could experience the positive benefits of this crystal.
Speaker 2: In their home.
Speaker 1: Is it unethical for me to sell the crystal? I mean, I found it, but it was not even on my property. Though I was given permission to do whatever I want with it. I feel almost a little guilty making a profit off of a crystal that seemingly doesn't belong in my space. I've been trying to manifest more money lately as times are a little bit rough, so I thought maybe this was a gift from the universe so I could make a little money. But maybe I'm reading into this completely incorrectly. Okay, I have a lot of thoughts about this, and you probably do. Two deb My first thought, so if you guys if old longtime listeners might remember that I have a tree growing in my yard and I, when my kids were little, I turned it into a fairy tree, and I put a little fairy door, a little fairy village, eventually a little path, a mailbox so the kids could write to the fairies, little fairy let you get the picture. And when I did that, magical things happened around this tree. Plants grew up that I didn't put there, and crystals would appear, and I would take the crystal into the home, thinking how lovely the fairies gave me a crystal, and I ate the same reaction to those crystals, like nothing, and I realized, oh, they're not for me, therefore the earth, therefore this tree, and so I left them back out there. So my first thought when I read this was, maybe that crystal needs to stay in that at the base of that tree where she found it. Selenite is a cleansing stone it does have. It's one of the few that never needs to be cleansed, and it does lift and raise the vibrations of a home. It helps connect you with your spirit, guides, with angels. It has a light feeling to it, so it's I don't believe it's not like cele andite has a blank feeling like you were asking about. It usually does help you feel lighter, more connected within and to your higher self and your guides. But then deb when she said that she was going through a little bit of financial stuff and thought maybe this is a gift, then I thought, well, well, yeah, that makes sense. Maybe it did appear for her so that she could sell it and make a little bit of money. And the reason why she didn't have a connection to it is so that she would think to sell it, because if she had this huge connect to it, she would never want to part ways with it.
Speaker 2: What do you think does selenite grow on a matrix?
Speaker 1: It can?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I'm sitting here looking at this beautiful piece of selenite that you gave me some years ago. Do you remember it's about it's about fourteen inches long. My memory or my images at selenite didn't grow on a matrix. But okay, well.
Speaker 1: Think about like like gypsum with selenite, right, you know, desert rose selenite. Sometimes the icy clear gypsum selenite grows in a beautiful, like spiky matrix.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, it does. Okay, there's nothing unethical about selling this. I mean it was the stone was given to you by the property owner to do it as you wish, So yes, you could sell it. But the other thing that's coming to mind, is it while you could do that, I just wonder if you can just be with it for a bit and that a person who actually needs that stone will appear and you can give it away. I know that happens to me sometimes, where I am suddenly very aware that there is somebody and that I'm working with they're talking to who needs a particular rock, and I pass it on. And I have rocks that have certainly been passed on to me. And like I said, I'm just talking about a piece of alle Nighte Samantha gave me a while back. So I'm asking you to just be with it for a bit and just wait for an answer from the stone itself. It'll tell you what to do with it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just think the fact that she's been trying to manifest more lately, and she is connected to crystals, this could just be a gift for her to use to help boost her income.
Speaker 2: Well. Absolutely, Okay. The next one says, thank you for this six Ways episode, the one we just did on six Ways to jump start your intuition. I think she's talking about I see a woman's eye at my third I too. It felt personal and a bit shocking at first. I used to see purple light when I first started meditating, but now the eye is common. I feel it is the divine, feminine connecting with me. The amount that her eye is open or closed is a barometer of how connected I am at the moment. It usually starts out closed when I first sit on my mat, but then opens and changes as I progress. Sometimes a gentle hand comes out of the eye to hold my heart or feed meat upgrades. Occasionally two hands come out to form two halves of a heart, which reminds me how loved I am. If I am calm, not seeking an answer to a question, then a wave of loving acceptance floods towards me. It's only happened twice but it caused such a change in me that I popped out of meditation because the frequency was so big. This started four months ago, so I'm still learning how she and I work together.
Speaker 1: Wow, we actually got a lot of emails about that, and so I think it must be more common, which is nice to know.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything come out of the eye when I meditate and I see and I you know, i'd be a little freaked out by that. But I know what she says about the eye. I know, like if I have moved away from meditation for a couple of days, I haven't taken time to really ground and send her and go within. And then after like three or four days, I'll close my eyes to meditate. That that eye I see and my third eye is closed. It's like she's saying, Nope, you haven't made time for me. I'm not making time for you.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then if I keep my practice up like I'm supposed to, it is open that eye. But it's nice to know that other people have that experience too.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is. And I know about the eye, but the hands coming out and the heart, that's what's how lovely that is.
Speaker 1: I know right, And I like that. She said when she meditates without seeking an answer, she gets that loving feeling. I know exactly what she means by that too, Like when you're just meditating to commune and connect, it is so much better for me anyway than when I'm meditating with that you know, anxious. I need an answer, I need guidance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you just don't need to. Sometimes you just need to be receptive. Yeah, absolutely lovely, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Our next one says, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for crystals to have during labor and birth. Along with that, what to do with them beforehand. I'm going to go back and listen to previous crystal episodes, but I'm thinking cleanse and where or work with them for at least two weeks beforehand. Yes, okay, So there's a lot of great crystals for labor and birth. My favorite is unakite. It is the stone of birth and rebirth. Moonstone is also really really wonderful for that, as is pink opal or pink calcite. Those are both very nurturing stones. White quartz, I think it's called snowy white quartz is really good if you choose to nurise your baby. It's said to help make the breastfeeding process a little bit easier because for first time moms it's not always so easy, and what I would recommend. She's absolutely right. It does take about two weeks for a crystal to resonate with your energy, so you would want to get your unikite or your moonstone, or whichever stone you're drawn to for that and wear it for at least two weeks beforehand. I recommend getting a unikite pendant or some beads and making your own bracelet or making your own necklace and really putting your energy into it and wearing that all the time so that stone is with you constantly and you can really help to connect deeper with with your baby and the labor and birth process. And as you're working with your unikite or your pink opal or your moonstone, you can you can really use it to as a like a meditation touchstone and hold it while you're trying to talk to your baby. Can't recommend that enough, especially during the third trimester, when I believe the soul is really in that in that body and can hear you and you can visualize an easy labor and birth, and you can talk to the baby about you know how great it will be when they when they I used to say to my kids all the time at my third trimester, the quicker you go to the light when you feel a little pressure, the quicker you'll be in mommy's arms. Remember those stories, deb.
Speaker 2: I too, I work you have pretty easy labors, and I've.
Speaker 1: Had super easy, very fast labors, and I really believe it's because I talked to them and told them, like, Okay, in a couple of weeks, you're gonna feel really height and constricted, and it's going to be a little scary. And then you're going to feel like this pushing and squeezing sensation and you're going to see this big light and you're not going to know what to do. Go to the light. Quicker you do that, the quicker, you're in my arms.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sabbeth, that was really interesting. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. This holiday season, down to Earth is offering fifteen percent off that the coupon code fifteen off holidays. Down to Earth was established in nineteen ninety two and has curated the most lovely and exquisite collection of aromas to wear or diffuse sprays, lotions, candles, and incense. The pain relief products Dragon Balm, Alleviate and Tension Tonic are perfect for the hard to buy for friends and family with aches and pains. If you're shopping for a loved one and can't decide, Down to Earth offers gift certificates, visit down to Earthoils dot com and find your obsession and again that coupon code is fifteen off holidays at down to Earthoils dot com. Oh back, everybody, Okay? Our next one says, I used to be able to ground my energy easily. I would drop a grounding cord from my root chakra deep into the center of the earth and anchor it firmly. When I would do this, I would feel a tug at the base of my spine and feel securely connected. I took a break from meditating and have been doing it again for a couple of years, but I've not been able to ground like I used to. When I try to drop a grounding cord down into the center of the earth, it does not stay. It immediately springs up and I cannot get it to connect to the center no matter what I try to visualize, it does not work. I've even tried grounding by spreading roots out of my feet and they won't go into ground. They stay superficial, only going an inch or so down. Because of this, I do not feel like I'm ever in my body. This just causes a lot of problems for me. Any idea what's going on in how to fix this? Let me offer a suggestion here, because I'm a firm believer and the feet on the ground root thing. But it can't just be oh, I'm sending roots down from my feet. What's important about the feet grounding technique is that you envision that the roots coming from your feet connect to the roots of everything else in the planet. Do you remember the great book called The Overstory by Richard Powers, and he writes about and several other writers have two over the past couple of years, about the notion that there's this network of roots that basically hold the planet together, and all the tree roots talk to each other. When we meditate and can envision our roots from our feet connecting to those other roots, then we too become grounded and a part of all that is. And not only are we sending roots down to be connected, but that energy of connection is coming back up into us. So rather than thinking of it as just going down, think of it as a circular flow of energy from what's below us, through us and back down around, so that it's both a giving and receiving reciprocal kind of relationship. In that kind of grounding, I know another way that folks really find it important to ground is that they bend down or kneel down and put their hands on the earth as well. So that seems to help other folks, not just your feet, but to use your hands as well.
Speaker 1: I had this problem during the COVID lockdowns. I think it was because I was picking up on well, I was feeling anxious and worried too, but I think I was picking up on the anxiety as well. And one thing that helped me a lot. I realized I couldn't feel that grounding energy because I just wasn't grounded. So there was nothing for me to connect to because I was just feeling disconnected, and so I had to do a lot of work to connect myself. And so I started journaling and writing down my worries and getting all of that out of my body, and that helped a lot. And then I did a different meditation that really helped me. And instead of a lot of times when I meditate, I always picture myself like walking up a mountain or going up high so that I'm elevating my energy. But I started doing a meditation where I was walking deep into the forest and I found a big, big tree with a huge trunk, and there was an opening in the trunk and I walked into that and went down wooden stairs, like from the tree trunks to the earth, and that actually helped me a lot. I do have a funny story my older sister. There's a pretty well known documentary It came out I think about five years ago on grounding. I believe it's still on YouTube. And she was looking at all the science about how important it is to ground your energy, and so she bought a grounding mat. You can buy mattresses that ground your energy while you sleep and you plug them in. They're kind of pricey, so you can also buy grounding mats that you just step on, you know, like while you're brushing your teeth and washing your face. But she watched this documentary and she's like, I'm going to buy this grounding mat so she's married to a brilliant engineer, but you know engineers, they're very, very left brained, analytical, so she didn't really tell him, you know, hey, underneath the sheets and everything, I have a grounding mat plugged in. She just put it in and didn't tell them, and she started sleeping beautifully, and he started sleeping great, and his back pain started to go away. And after like a week he said to her, I don't know what's happening. Am I cutting down on caffeine? Like I'm sleeping so great, my back doesn't hurt. And so she finally told him there's a grounding mat underneath all the sheets. And I don't know if he's a believer now, but that definitely changed his mind on grounding. So I would recommend you can try that as well, but just know that sometimes this is common as we're just picking up on the energies within us and around us. You can also look into the Shumann resonance and see if your energy reacts to that. There's different sites you can follow on social media that will tell you what the residence of the earth is every day, and sometimes that can give you an idea of where your energy is okay. Next one says, recently a longtime friend passed away, and the night before the viewing, he was in my dream. Nothing odd or dramatic orge that I recall, but clearly he was in my dream. My question is it more likely that I manufactured his image or could he have pushed himself into my dream for a reason I can't understand. Well, I suppose it is possible that you were just thinking about him and had a dream of him, But the fact that it stayed with you and it was so vivid, and it feels like there was a motion connected to it, I do believe that he was visiting you. That is something I've seen many many times when talking to people who've lost loved ones, and it's something I've experienced too. I'm sure you have as well. Deb There's this feeling of I remember when a family member died and she was around all of us and she kept saying, I have three days, I have three days. I'm not going anywhere, I have three days before I have to cross into the light. And she was saying her goodbyes to everyone, and so she would pop up in dreams or I would just feel her around us, and so it could just be that he would popping in just to say his goodbyes before he moved into the light.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Yeah, I think so. I mean when we had that kind of an intense emotional connection to someone and they're across the veil and they're trying to get oriented, that's one of the times we're most likely to be able to catch up with them and talk to them or hear from them in some way. I think they come in our dreams often. I know my mom did that.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful way for them to say I'm with you, I'm seeing that you're there, that you're connecting and saying goodbyes, and so I want to say goodbye too. One of my favorite books about stories like that is called Postcards from Heaven. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: Was it written in like the eighties?
Speaker 2: I think so, And it's a great book.
Speaker 1: It is, and I believe it's still in print. It's written by a couple and they just collected a whole bunch of stories like this of loved ones who had died and came back through dreams or signs like the ones we've shared in today's show to say a little goodbye and so that's why they called it Postcards from Heaven. So I recommend you check that out.
Speaker 2: Okay, do we have time for one more, Samantha, Yes, okay. I was out doing our weekly shopping this Sunday and let my kids play on those rides. On the middle of the shopping center. While I was standing waiting for the ride to finish, a blue happy Birthday balloon floated towards me. Without using my intuition. I grabbed the balloon and let my kids play with it. We took it home and I left it in the formal living room. I went to the kitchen and made lunch, but I had feeling something was behind me. I looked back and the balloon had floated into the kitchen, right behind me. I thought, how odd, since there was no breeze or air flow that would have moved it so far. I grabbed the balloon and took it back to the living room about twenty feet away, and went back to the kitchen. Within minutes, I had the same inkling that something was behind me again, and there it was again. My heart starts racing and I put the balloon in a box. My husband returns home and I tell him the story, and he reminds me that it was his deceased nephew's birthday a couple of days ago. Then it all clicked. Since his nephew's passing, I have dozens of happenings that remind me of him. I've also been meditating and using crystals to close the door to signs from him, as I do not enjoy the interaction. I find it puzzling as to why I keep getting these messages from him. But I'm not close to his parents or even fond of them, nor was I close to this nephew before his passing. But I'm still thankful for this gift. I really enjoy listening to the podcast and want to thank you for creating a safe space to share experiences. Well, my goodness, he certainly wanted you to know he was around, didn't he.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes I feel they can only connect with the person who's not grieving, which it doesn't sound like she is, and the person that is most intuitive right. So I think that's why he's able to get these messages to her.
Speaker 2: And I know necessarily that he wanted her to do anything with them. I don't think he needed her to go tell his parents anything about him, but I think he just needed to say, you know, yeah, there really is life after and I can really connect with you in some way.
Speaker 1: And it might be for her husband too, maybe because it was his nephew, so maybe it was connect you know, a message for him that he's okay. But I would also say keep him in your prayers, because whenever I hear nephew like, it just makes me feel like he died before his time, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it does. I mean certainly younger in some way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And oftentimes when younger people pass, they're desperate to get a message to their p and they're going to use any way that they can just to let them know I made it, I'm okay. And so just keep him in your prayers, I would, I would say. And speaking speaking of sad things, before we wrap up, we have a long time listener that deb and I just adored named Ruben. Every year on our birthday and every holiday, he would handmake cards for Deb and myself and he will absolutely interested them Lady Deborah and Lady Samantha.
Speaker 2: It was just so sweet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we just found out that he passed away in October and we are just so so sad to hear that news, and just wanting to ask you to keep Reuben in your prayers and just send him some light as you're listening to this. We would be very very grateful.
Speaker 2: Please please do. I think one of the things that I so appreciated and loved about him was that the cards were so deeply personal. He really listened to us as we talked and knew what really resonated with us, and the cards were three dimnche they just lovely. I still have them, astman, I have all those cards, and I just think that's just such a lovely thing from such a kind, kind person. So please keep him in your thoughts. He was a delightful.
Speaker 1: Person, definitely was. And thank you guys so much for listening to us this week. We hope you enjoy these questions and stories. Remember you can always send us one Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. And if you like the show, please take a minute to tell a friend or leave us the review so we can continue to grow our community. We hope you have a beautiful week filled with your own signs and maybe your own crystal discoveries too in your backyard. Remember as always to be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 2: Take care everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers your podcasts for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.