Speaker 1: This is Kathleen Martam. You're listening to UFO Headquarters.
Speaker 2: Beautiful Headquarters. Thank you Kathleen Martin for bringing us in that intro. Much like Travis Walton.
Speaker 3: Linda never gets on no excellent.
Speaker 2: So welcome everybody to another episode of UFO Headquarters. We have a good one tonight because we are going to the type of place where Linda would like to go, in the place where I flee from, and that is warm, warm, tropical kind of places.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hawaii is paradise.
Speaker 2: I do want to go.
Speaker 3: I do want to go, though it's fairy.
Speaker 1: So you haven't been there, and Brian, have you been there?
Speaker 4: I haven't been there, but I did want to ask if there's a sign up sheet for a reductions so I can go against my will and you know, not have it be held against me.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we'll see if we can have you abducted to Hawaii someday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm all for that too.
Speaker 4: Mean, I'll turn my location services on they can come find me.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. I've been to Maui and it is a stunning, stunning place. Everyone should go to Hawaii at least once in their life. But we're doing some Hawaiian UFOs because clear skies, remote location, prime UFO area. So shall we shall we dive in?
Speaker 2: I think we should dive in and just mention the people if they look on a map, just how far Hawaii really is from the mainland from everything. Yes, so that you really are like you said, it's it's remote. When you're seeing in the sky, you're not seeing Oh that could be Los Angeles or whatever in the distance. You know. No, no, no, you're you're going to be possibly seeing something obviously that you can't explain. Yeah, to hear about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, uh looked into some of the legends because you know, all cultures have these old stories of things in the sky, and in Hawaii they had the a kula layley. These were green and blue fireballs. They were very specific. They were the green and blue fireballs as opposed to the orange and red fire which tells you there's a lot of strange lights in the sky. And they were known as like the weapons of the kohuna or the sorcerers, a kind of spiritual energy. One sorcerer would get men and shoot an a coula la ley at one of them, and they'd shoot in a cool lay lay back. So obviously this means there's a lot of orbs in the sky. There is also one shaped like a bird, isn't that interesting? Described as a flying god?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: In eighteen eighty three, there's the story of Queen Emma went to Poona and out to see they saw an object in the sky described as like a fiery comet, and she took that to be a harbinger of death, and sure enough one of the princesses died. But you know, there's often you know, like when people would see a comet in the sky in the Middle Ages, Oh, something terrible was going to happen. Well, of course it's the Middle Ages. Death, disease, famine, war, It was happening all the time. So you can't always put stock in that or like never. But another thing I found interesting there were stories of the beings from the Pleiades. Na Pleiades keep coming up as sources of sky gods and things like that. Supposedly the akua came from the Pleiades. They were Now you'll have to forgive now Hawaii. The Hawaiian language is a beautiful language, and I will probably butcher it this evening. The best of my ability, Napui Khalani the people of heaven. So there is this tradition that people came from the sky. I wonder if there's a Hawaiian version of Wheel of Fortune. Can you imagine I'd like to buy a vowel and there's the end of the show being being every all these vowels popping up. It's a it's quite a remarkable language. In modern times. In that town of Puna, they still see fireballs of all colors. Does it have something to do with the volcanic activity.
Speaker 3: Possibly?
Speaker 1: It's right near the Hawaiian Volcanic Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island. So lights are associated earth lights, which they're called with volcanic activity. Do they have those in Iceland as well? Are there fireballs? To your knowledge, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I would imagine there probably are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, not necessarily extraterrestrial, could be volcanic. I have to digress briefly because when we were in Maui, we went to Haleakala, which is this beautiful dormant volcano, and we were going to take a horseback ride down to the bottom, which is like a Martian landscape, and we're about to get on our horses, and I get this beautiful black stallion jumping around and the man said its name, and it was some long Hawaiian name, and I'm like, what does that mean? And he said, basically something like fire breathing dragon. So Bob's got this old nag and he's like so excpted. What's the name of my horse? And the guide says Dan. And he's like, Dan, Dan, how come she gets fire breathing dragon?
Speaker 3: I got Dan. But we go down.
Speaker 1: It's a long trip down to the bottom, and we're sitting there in the middle of this volcanic crater. It's just incredible. And then on the side you see it looked like smoke coming up the side of the slope and spilling into the crowd. It was actually fog. It was a really eerie effect. And the guide said, I made a big mistake yesterday. Someone asked what that was and I said, oh, the volcano's probably getting ready to erupt.
Speaker 3: That was his little joke.
Speaker 1: He said. Everybody threw their sandwiches, trampled the food, racing back to their horses, and he's yelling, no, no, no, it's just fog. He said, I didn't get any tips that day. So that's my Hawaii volcano story anyway. So the whole Hawaiian Islands has had a long history of sightings of strange lights in the sky. There was an interesting case. A captain of the steamshit Chip Dowset in eighteen eighty six recorded mysterious lights in the Molokai Channel. They thought it was another steamship, and as they approached it, the lights vanished. At another time, a light came very close to the ship and was gone, and everybody on board saw it. So like you were saying, Mike, you know this isn't this isn't a busy air This isn't the New York Harbor right.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, Yeah, or t or the New York Airspace or anything. I mean New York. You know, if anybody who's been in New York City, if you look up at night, this guy's crazy. Yeah, everything going on. Not to mention the harbor, but Hawaii. I'd never been there, but I'm pretty sure it's not having the same type of air traffic and sea traffic.
Speaker 1: And then in eighteen eighty six, you know, no air traffic and you know little ship traffic. A fascinating story from nineteen oh four involving Japanese fishermen in way Key. They said they saw a ball of fire, bluish in color and of great intensity on the Diamond Head side of the bay. It oscillated back and forth and shot off across the bay, skimming the surface of the water. They set at a speed of an express train toward Honolulu. But suddenly this object, this ball stops and they said it stopped over an area where there's very deep water. And while it was over this area of deep water, it grew in intensity and size. And what's that all? How does an object get bigger and brighter?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And then it moved again to another area of deep water. I don't know what that means, but it's certainly fascinating. And then fire finally took off out to see. So here these Japanese fishermen in nineteen oh four trying to process what they saw, and they decide it was the ghost of a fisherman.
Speaker 2: Hey, I mean, if that's the best they could come up with, though you kind of based upon their experiences without airships and things like that to really compare it.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, and as we're seeing along, nobody's saying aliens. Nobody's saying martians, No one's you know, they're trying to either they think it's a spiritual thing or you know, some something natural, which clearly what that ball of light did was was not natural. In nineteen oh eight, the ship the USS justin, all of the officers and most of the crew saw a mysterious light near Diamond Head. Again it was they described a strange craft with red, blue and white lights. Again, nineteen oh eight wasn't an aircraft. They didn't have aircraft like that in Hawaii and nineteen oh eight, and the articles said that it was so strange they wondered. They all wondered if they were dreaming. But you know, if one man had it, he could say was dreaming when all the officers and crew have it. And then they said the same thing. Well, maybe it was a flying ghost. So I guess ghosts were a lot more accepted back then.
Speaker 2: Right versus UFOs aliens.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 1: September of nineteen seventeen in Lapahoy Hoy. Hopefully that is correct. Three nights in a row, a cluster of lights fifteen miles out to sea, So that may seem like a long distance, but you know, on a clear, very dark Hawaiian night. That's that's not that far.
Speaker 3: They said.
Speaker 1: Everyone was thrown into great excitement because this cluster of lights. We're not talking about two or three little points of light. They said they stretched for ten miles like there was an entire town out on the water. That's what a sighting. For three nights in a row, ten mile wide stretch of unbelievable amount of lights. Just the next month, in October, there were two lights about two thousand feet in the air over the Wayaqia plantation. They said it had odd movements. One of the objects seemed to be about ten foot square, the other about five foot square, and the smaller light circled the larger when one and then took off inland. And there were many, many witnesses. So there's some great sightings really early.
Speaker 2: And good descriptions and witnesses who shouldn't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so we're gonna we're going to jump a couple of decades. But why don't we take our first break right here. Hudson Riverradio dot com.
Speaker 2: Hudson River Radio. Your dog likes us. So we're back with some Hawaiian UFO sightings. And I just thought, Linda, you mentioned taking your the horse down into the caldera I guess of the volcano and it looking like another planet. See, we're very much alike in that I like going to a volcanic island Iceland. Prefer a volcanic island like Hawaii.
Speaker 1: But oh, I wouldn't mind going to Iceland, but I prefer Maui. Most rational people would prefer Maui over Iceland.
Speaker 2: Probably probably that's that is true.
Speaker 1: But yeah, volcanoes are such remarkable powerful spots. I mean, you know, you're the planet basically rips itself open and spews out lava. There. I we went to Mount Saint Helen's, uh several years ago. I was giving a lecture out there, and you know, you see this in credibly huge mountain torn in half. And I can't imagine the force of that eruption. As you're driving away, mile after mile, there are signs that say this damaged happened here it was I can't remember. I'm thinking it was like fifteen or twenty miles. I may be off where still there was damage.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's incredible, the power of nature. Yeah, yeah, and imagine imagine the ancient Hawaiians, the people of the indigenous Hawaiians living on the island, experiencing these phenomena and what would they how did they process it and think about it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Pele the uh, the goddess there of the volcanoes and fire, and she is very strong in their culture because, like you say, it's their lives are dumbin donated by the sea and volcanoes there. And yeah, when it comes between to the two of them, volcanoes wins. Volcanoes win. So let's let's jump to nineteen fifty a Project Blue Book case. There was a cannery. I don't know if it was a fish cannery or a pineapple cannery or some cannery and the manager and staff. This was in Kapaha. It was Saturday, October seventh, nineteen fifty seven, twenty five pm. A luminous object circular with soft white light was moving over the cannery from south to north and a rose and finally disappeared into some cumulus clouds. So again, circular object. It sounds pretty classic. You could probably put this case into somewhere anywhere around the world. In Kawhi, January nineteen fifty one. Many saw a silvery disk against a blue sky, which caught my attention because that means at daylight sighting, so you're not looking at some indistinct lights in the darkness, you're seeing a silvery disk. They all said they had no idea how it was powered. It was clearly intelligently controlled, and also disappeared into the clouds. We hear that all the time. Things kind of hide in the clouds, and the the article said that this was January of fifty one. It was the third report of flying discs since Christmas Eve, so a little bit of a wave there in early nineteen fifty one, nineteen fifty two in Leahina and Brian and I were talking a little bit Lahina before the show. What a gorgeous town and what a tragedy the fire that wiped it out. It was such a charming, beautiful place. Hopefully it is built back with the same charm it had, but I have my doubts. Anyway, US submarine was sitting there and by Leahina forty crewmen, fifteen of them had binoculars, watched two gold discs flying around and then and they said, took off into space. So you're lucky. You get one person with no binoculars. Here, you have forty submarine crew Navy personnel fifteen with me, and the Navy has some decent binoculars.
Speaker 3: I bet.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure. And this is the beginnings of the Cold War, so you know that they're watching out for Soviet anything, Soviet's biplanes or right. They're not looking for aliens necessarily, they're looking for Hey, you know, this is our military and we're at a Cold war now with our former ally. I guess yeah, I just I can't imagine what those you know, what they're thinking when you see something like that, with the first thought in your mind being oh, is this the Russians? Yeah, and then realizing like, wait a minute, those are two gold discs and wait they're shooting off into space. And I wish we had people that had written down those their personal feelings of those encounters at the moment, like what did they think? Yeah, how'd they process that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably thinking we wish it was the Russians?
Speaker 3: Now how do we deal with it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How do we deal with this?
Speaker 2: All? Right?
Speaker 1: So now we're going to the Big Island nineteen fifty five, early in fifty five on the saddle road to Heilo. Some family was visiting other family. They got back in their truck and one of the passenger window I guess or do I have the driver's window was broken, so they had a tarp. You know, people cover up broken windows with tarps, and this strange. I didn't know if was a gust of wind or whatever. Something was pushing on the truck and pushed the tarp in. All right, So they think, all right, the tarp got blown in. They go to push the tarp back, it won't budge. Something solid is pushing in the tarp. Now, this is very disconcerting. Then something starts knocking on the roof, so something's on this truck. Then they see red lights approaching and they assume it's the tail lights of another car that they're catching up to. And then it vanishes and the force stops. So unusual.
Speaker 2: Ye unusual?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that force on the car? I bet they got that window fixed real quick after that.
Speaker 2: I recommend that anybody on your window get it fixed.
Speaker 3: You get it fixed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of these they're just you know, I can't even begin to think. What was something on the vehicle trying to get in through the tarp or it was just some sort of force field. I don't know, but a force strong enough to push a truck that's moving is pretty pretty substantial. Just two months later on that same saddle road. So if you're in Hawaii looking for a hot spot, I think the saddle road to Hilo is a place to go.
Speaker 3: It was five.
Speaker 1: County officials in two different cars, and as they're driving along, they see a couple of reddish lights and a couple of yellowish lights, and they're not like regular car lights. They described them as kind of a dull light, but clearly alongside with them, and then they just vanish, So it's like something was keeping pace with them, was checking them out, and then just took off. In March of fifty five, in Puna, four people were driving and they saw suddenly two bright, bluish white beams. They described it as like dancing around. So these beams are coming down dancing, And they specifically said, but they weren't a cool aile, So a cool aile or But so that's how ingrained it is in the culture. We saw beams of light, not a cool aile. I thought that was a great added feature. They could see that there was a quote, black mass behind the beams of light. It was perfectly silent. Apparently they had a very strong flashlight and tried to shine it on the object, but they couldn't make it out and it took off. And these are the reports people you know, had the courage to come out with what the heck's been going on in Hawaii all through the years that people.
Speaker 2: Don't well, who's not reporting them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How many? How many people saw something like this? And we're in a position like I'm not gonna I'm not going to put myself out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: I would imagine there's a lot more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: You know, you can never know what you don't know, but you know, groups of people have been asked. You know, out of one hundred people who had an experience who reported it, and it's much less than ten percent. So so yeah, these are these are fascinating cases. The ones that we know about back to lahina A nineteen fifty six project blue book case January twentieth an orange light which means it wasn't a Nikoola lee light because it was orange, not blue or green. I learned that. So a lot of times investigators reports take reports that if you held this object at arm's length, was at the size of the craft you saw. In this case, they said it was like the size of a quarter held at arm's length, which is still pretty substantial. This woman heard a muffled roar and for twenty five minutes watched this orange light hover take off into the distance, go in and out of a valley. It went very fast, it hovered, it came back and forth, and apparently for months she had been seeing objects like this, so she was The reporting officer said she was a fifty six year old woman who Now normally, if you've read blue bookcases, they're always saying this person's unreliable. It's they try to discredit the observer as much as possible. But in this case, he said she was mature, sincere, intelligent and responsible and doesn't even believe in UFOs, so I guess.
Speaker 2: And that's part of the report.
Speaker 1: That's part of the report. So apparently that gave her credibility because she doesn't believe in UFOs, so they couldn't call it a UFO, you know, an unknown because we now she's credible. Now we have to display, you know, we have to do something to discredit this orange light for twenty five minutes, bouncing up and down and hovering and stopping, and so they just they decided that she was looking at the tail the exhaust of an aircraft, and when asked, well, why did it have all these different characteristics of everything it was doing? I love this. It was due to diffusion and refraction of an exhaust. What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: I you know, my la, my late grandfather used to say, if you want to make sound something sound like it's real or credible, just throw a whole bunch of big, fancy words in there. And that's what it sounds like. They're just doing, like, oh, it's refraction.
Speaker 1: Reflection, diffusion of an aircraft exhaust.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but now frustrates me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole report, you know, they they release the the summary card which has this exhaust explanation. They didn't know that someday all of these documents would be to classified because if you read the whole document, it says the FAA said there were no aircraft in flight at that time in that area.
Speaker 2: So it just so in their own report they acknowledged there's no aircraft right in the area. But yet their official explanation is that what she saw was something caused by an aircraft. Yes, yes, so essentially, you know, credibility wise, they have destroyed their well we don't even need to win their Project Blue Books credibility, but if you need, if you need an example of you know, let's show the public this. But well, we know the truth. I'm surprised I actually released that part and didn't redact it.
Speaker 1: Well well, yeah, by that point, once that they were released, you know, declassified, the cat was kind of out of the bag. But it would have taken them decades to ridact all their lives.
Speaker 2: I'm surprise it wasn't in oops warehouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, these Project Blue people. It's you know, the Dante's Inferno, where there's a special ring of hell for people who lie, who steal. I'd like to envision a special Project Blue Book level of hell in Dante there where all the people who discredited and ridiculed, you know, all these witnesses are spending a fairly good time in h in hell where they belong. But that's another that's another story. All right, let's move on. We're going now to nineteen sixty four November twenty six Thanksgiving Day, three point fifteen pm. This is another daylight sighting on Oahu Avenue in Honolulu. Carl Nagatori and his wife are driving along. Now, Carl had six years in the Air Force Reserve and he studied air science at the university. So this is a man well versed in aircraft aerodynamics.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 1: They see something, they stop the car and get out. It is an object that is either black or dark green, of tremendous size, about five hundred feet altitude, no sound. He even did a sketch. It was kind of like a saucer shape, but had two not one centralized dome on it, but two domes like if you looked on silhouette, kind of like a camel, you know, So two humps on top of this craft. I described the wind. He said it had power to maneuver completely unlike a balloon. It defied all laws of aerodynamics. It's a great report from a man who knows aircraft. So I'll give you one guess what the official Air Force conclusion was. What was what was Carl and his wife looking at venus? No no, So yeah, it's a good guess. A balloon, Okay, after he specifically said it was I see, I gave you a hint because Carl said it was completely unlike any type of balloon.
Speaker 2: So I just went to venus because it's so common. It's like I am conditioned to say venus when I hear.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: But there's a little problem again. You read the whole report and the Air Force investigator, Captain Jerry Mills, who was the director of Intelligence, he classified this as an unknown because at the time no helicopters, weather balloons, or conventional aircraft were in the area. So, once again blatantly lying, the report says couldn't have been a balloon, it's an unknown aircraft. But the official report or public consumption Carl was mistaken. He just saw balloon. Nothing to see here.
Speaker 3: Move along.
Speaker 2: And you know, I understand there's there's an aspect of this where they were doing their jobs, you know, as representatives of the United States or if they're Air Force officers, and there's a national security concern because well, if we don't know what they are, what are they are they Russians? Are they from space? So I understand that, but the way they blatantly just discredited people and yeah, under and just blatantly question their credibility. Like the way they went about it was just absolutely appalling to do that the fellow citizens. There had to have been a better way to sort of, you know, handle this than just oh, it's swamp gas, it's venus, it's a balloon. But then in the report, well it really wasn't a balloon. Yeah, but we're gonna publicly say it was a balloon, so everybody thinks he's an.
Speaker 1: Idiot, right, And yeah, this guy was probably then ridiculed by friends and family. Oh how could you mistake that we thought you knew something about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Carlson, any unidentified balloons late?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, that's like one of the biggest parts of this, besides the information that is covered up. It's just how these credible, everyday witnesses were treated. And we don't know how it affected their lives, right, Like you said, were they ridicule What kind of impact did it have on them afterward that we don't know about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, the episode we did where all those police officers you know, moved out of state, change their name, you know, lives were ruined. So clearly it's an insult and they guy, you know, the witnesses know what they saw, and so then you distrust your government. You know, why are they doing this to me? But it continues. So let's go to sixty five. Now, that same Captain Jerry Mills, the Director of Intelligence, he wrote a report about the summary of activity in Hawaii between August second and fifth, because they had a little wave of some very interesting activity. Five separate UFO incidents were reported in those three days, made widespread headlines in the newspapers. There's this on August third, of family and y Ki ki saw numerous lights changing color from red to blue. And they did what they were supposed to do, or they thought they should do. They called to report it. Now, the call was transferred to an Air Force observer seven miles away. Okay, there's you know, a few hills in Hawaii. You may you may not have a direct line of sight. I don't know, but still seven miles away, these were lights low in the sky. He couldn't see anything. So Mills wrote, I consider the report to be non significant. They don't even follow.
Speaker 2: Up because he couldn't see anything from seven miles away, right, So I can't I can't see. Milford, Pennsylvania's probably seven miles from me. I can't see them. If someone saw something in the sky very low over Milford, Pennsylvania, I'd see nothing.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: So if someone reported, like, hey, I'm in Milford, there's something very low in the sky with blinking lights, I looked down my window and said, huh, I can't see anything from here. I don't think they're telling the truth. No, it's just mind bogglingly. Nothing should shock me with Blue Book. Why does it shock me every time? I just I get angry.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, yeah, I regularly have steam coming out of mind.
Speaker 2: Years by now we should be used to it. But it's still that nothing. It just I just don't oh gosh.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So August fourth, the next day, some sort of object was seen falling from the sky, or how it was described, it's descending. It was so bright it illuminated the cockpit of a plane at thirty one thousand feet. It was described as breaking into three pieces, burning out and going into the ocean, okay, or did it separate and just go into the ocean, But this is how they described it. They said it could have been a decaying space vehicle. But again further in the report, it could not have been a US or Russian space vehicle. So nineteen sixty five, if it's not US, it's not Russian. Whose space vehicle was this descending through the sky so brilliantly it was lighting everything up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because how many nations other than US, the US and USSR were putting satellites and such into the sky.
Speaker 3: In sixty five and sixty It.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have been a lot, because we were the two racing. It was a space race that was the whole right behind the moon, the moon initiative, neck and neck and so.
Speaker 1: And something so big that it could ellumined. And you know they're describing as it dropping, burning out and going into the ocean. Was it actually three bright objects that just then came through space and went into the water, which you know, you have to kind of read behind the lines with some of these particular you know, if they said, oh, it was probably the Russian whatever, okay, But when the report says not US, not Theirs, okay. So then that same night, August fourth, the crew of a C one thirty en route to Hickam Air Force Base, which should ring a bell to all historians Pearl Harbor. They saw an object at high altitude, high speed, directly overhead, a very bright light. The report even says that Ocean Station November saw it. I don't know what that is. Was that a ship at sea? Was that some sort of platform observing station? Ocean Station November? So I guess they, yeah, observation, Yeah, because like you said, you know, still cold war. Then they saw this object light up the entire sky. So the conclusion on that one, you know, the other one was a decaying space vehicle that same night. Well, now they have a different excuse. It was probably an Atlas missile, which was an ICBM from Vandenberg Air Force Space, which is in California. What was Vandenberg shooting Atlas missiles towards Hawaii for. I don't know, but I was like, huh, the Atlas missile. I went, Now, this was August fourth, nineteen sixty five. I looked up Atlas missiles. They were taken out of commission April twelfth, eighteen sixty five. So they used the excuse of an Atlas missile four months after they stopped using Atlas missiles.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they weren't just firing off the unused inventory.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's shoot them in Hawaii.
Speaker 5: That'll get Yeah, I know, I know, and why it's just, you know, an Atlas missile launched from California, I really doubt is going to light up the entire sky in in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: So that was the uh oh, so one more date on the August fifth. Remember this is three days of all that, So something strange is going on out there. People reported seeing what looked like a rocket fired from the surface of the ocean or something bright came out of the surface of the ocean, and that was well, it was probably Navy operations. You're the Air Force, can't you like call the were you shooting rockets from? No, it's probably that.
Speaker 2: And I would imagine even if if you know, one branch isn't supposed to disclose the specifics of the operation, you're gonna let other people nearby that are relevant know, like, hey, we are conducting weapons training in this area. Yeah, so that you you stay away from it and if you see something that it, don't push the panic button. It's just us testing whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the Air Force will not scramble jets to go shoot your your your navy ass that you didn't tell us about this testing. So that same night that all these witnesses saw this bright light coming up from the ocean. A. This is how it was described. A teenager saw a bright light in the sky, but it was a non significant report, so no investigation was made.
Speaker 2: Non significant report.
Speaker 1: Another non significant report because a teenager saw the same bright light that everybody else was seeing.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say, Brian, as a you know, police work, imagine we use that as an excuse to get out of writing a report.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for investigating anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a supervisor, if one of my officers said come back and turn that in and said it was insignificant not to investigate, tried just doesn't Yeah you know, yeah I would. I would have like went through the ceiling, flames would have shot out of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just nah. And then initially sent it back.
Speaker 2: I mean, but because he's a teenager, it's insignificant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: And and this is during three days of all of these incredible sight things falling out of the side, things shooting out of the the ocean. Yeah, cruise of aircraft military seeing all this. So maybe it was some secret military you know exercises going on, but you know, to just dismiss it like that. It's yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna mention, in the context of the multiple days sightings, I can see where the Air Force wouldn't want to make another report from this teenager because now you're just adding to the volume of documented information. You're almost you're almost adding credibility to it by documenting it versus not nothing's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Not important enough. But if they start entertaining every report, it just keeps building up that wealth of information. And I'm sure that that's the last thing they wanted was more and more documents.
Speaker 1: Right right, So that was the August three days. In August and sixty five, we go to April twenty fifth of nineteen sixty seven in Hilo. A illuminated cross shaped object we very I could probably count on the fingers of one hand, cross shaped UFOs.
Speaker 2: That's an unusual description for a UFO.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it gets even more unusual. There were rows of lights on the object. The top appeared to be like the white orange color of parachute material, which is, you know, well, maybe something's falling out of the sky some test. Except this had four or five hula hoops of light around it. Whatever this craw. Now we have a cross shaped object. The top is orange. There are four or five rings of light going around it. Very unusual. Witnesses call the police. The police calls the tower at Hilo Airport. They immediately saw this object through binoculars. They looked at it for about seven minutes. They described it as a smooth, straight flight. They didn't say it was some debris falling. The people in the tower, who should know a thing or two about aircraft, for seven mile miles minutes watch this smooth straight flight. So you're going to love this. You're gonna you're gonna blow a gasket with this. We have three, not one, not two, but three possible official explanations. Number one, it was a big plastic bag filled with at least twenty candles, like a big Chinese LANGI you're laughing so hard.
Speaker 3: You can't even talk.
Speaker 2: They can't even that one. And I liked how specific they are about the number of candles.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and all the lights switched off simultaneously, which they admit, well, wouldn't happen if it was twenty can all twenty candles wouldn't have gone off in this plastic bag at the same time. So and why this plastic bag was cross shaped orange with a I mean, okay, so we can that's explanation number one. Okay, number two, the old stand by a weather balloon with a battery light.
Speaker 3: But then they had.
Speaker 1: To admit, ah, the way the object was traveling in the wind, it was not exactly traveling with the wind, so not exactly kind of in the general in other words, it was traveling against the wind. So there goes the balloon with the battery light and this this I don't know if we've had this before. We should have a drum roll. The third possible explanation it was plasma ionized air.
Speaker 3: Okay, what.
Speaker 1: Plasma ionized air? But they admit, yeah, plasma ionized air wouldn't be in the shape of a cross. And it was kind of orange, and that means low energy. But plasma's high energy, so probably so yeah out no, So everything from a plastic bag to plasma ionized air. They were throwing everything at this trying to make it stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the plastic bag. One's creative. I gotta give it to them. I could just imagine these guys, you know, sitting in a room, and at this period of time, they're probably all smoking cigarettes. What was it? Guys? Come on, brother balloon? How I got one plastic bag with candles? What do you think? Brilliant guys? I love it, love it. I'll put that down. How many? How many candles? Oh?
Speaker 1: At least twenty, at least twenty, it's gotta be to be so and even so twenty minutes, twenty lights and that intensity.
Speaker 3: Is just all right.
Speaker 2: You know what, Linda, I need a break. Yes, I think we need to take a break.
Speaker 1: I need a break too, because at this point we're going to get to modern sighting.
Speaker 3: So good breakpoint.
Speaker 1: This is Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 5: This is Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, so, Linda, you're gonna take us out of blue book period, I hope, and into a more modern period of of thought and intellect.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I don't know intellect.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna that might be pushing, okay, but yes we're We've got a couple more, a few more cases modern ones last few years. December of twenty twenty in Oahu. There are videos. You can go to YouTube and look these up. It's a bright luminous blue. It's very strange. It looks like a They said it was bigger than a This object was bigger than a telephone pole. Silent. There was a second object that was a white light. It's you clearly. I don't know what it was, but it is a bright, luminous object that was doing strange maneuvers and then went into the ocean, which we keep hearing.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: There were several reports to the FAA from police of a possible aircraft crashing into the ocean. However, so because so many people saw this, this blue streak of light maneuvering and then going into the water, you know, your first thought is not aliens, it's oh my god, someone's in trouble and needs help. However, there were no reported missing planes, no explanations.
Speaker 3: So this if you look up.
Speaker 1: December twenty twenty oahu Ufo streak, you know, you can look at that. There's a very interesting video. I know it's easy to fake videos. If this one is real, it's it's fascinating and I don't know what it is. It's from twenty twenty one. Kuhi, someone is a photographer is doing a time lapse of a sunset beautiful, But all of a sudden, this swarm of lights, dozens and dozens comes swarming in. They're moving all around. They kind of then roughly form into kind of a line and take off. I don't know what can explain that. Oh it was birds, it was this, I don't know, but it's it's something twenty twenty one Kuhi swarm of light. It's it's a great fake. If it is one. If it isn't, I have no idea. Oh I do have another older one. I was went to New Fork, the you know, the UFO reporting center. There are six hundred and eighty one Hawaiian cases, and I was looking for the more modern ones. But you know me, I can't help myself.
Speaker 3: I went.
Speaker 1: I went back to August tenth, nineteen sixty because a Marine Corps pilot and Canno oh hey, was middle of the night. He's in a FJ four B fighter jet, which could go supersonic. He's doing simulated attacks and he's looking for his quote unquote enemy plane to attack. He had no weapons on board. They're just simulating maneuvers. He sees a bright light, assumes it's his enemy. He's closing in on it. The craft suddenly makes a ninety degree turn and takes off at thousands of miles per hour. He was very specific. It didn't do an arcing, you know, banking turn. It suddenly is going one direction, makes a sharp ninety degree turn and takes off, which is a lot of what navy pilots in recent years have been reporting, which is why I wanted to say that. Okay, eighty nine July one and Poipeou at sunset, they saw a black triangle with a yellow light in each corner and an orange light in the middle, which is something you know, how many Hudson Valley black triangles with a light in each corner and one in the middle have we talked about. It came from the ocean, went directly over the house. This boy was eleven years old at the time. He is now forty four, and I had to The reason I'm saying this report is because he said, I see it clearly in my head every day. So something this boy saw at age eleven thirty three years later, every day it replays in his memory in his mind's eye, and that.
Speaker 2: And that's that comment. We hear that a lot too. Remember, it's life altering for a lot of people. Oh, the experience has changed their lives and they never go away. Yeah, remember it like it was like it could have happened yesterday.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And one final one from July second, twenty twenty two in Honolulu, two discs were seen with an aura around it. We see this a lot a mist or some sort of energy field or haze around it. They were gray with a blue glowing ring of this aura around it, like it's some sort of high energy not a kualeile, not balls of light. And this was at one fifty pm again daylight sighting of two discs with a blue energy aura around it. Three witnesses. They saw these craft for one to two minutes, and the reports said the animals reacted, but that's all it said. You know me, miss animal reaction. I'm like, what how did the animal react? They don't say they didn't get into it. So things are still going on in Hawaii on all the islands. I don't know if there's a specific branch to investigate, but I would imagine Mufon probably has a presence there. So just a long fascinating history of sightings there, which is one more reason to book that trip to Hawaii.
Speaker 2: What's curious is the number of daytime sightings. Yeah, that's that stands out to me. We don't we don't often hear that with locations where you're having a lot of people see things during the day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're lucky we get one in five years and so many here. And as I say, you know, the air that is not like East Coast air. It is clear, it is dark, it's it's just a fabulous place that has a lot of weird stuff going on. And that's why we like it definitely. So you guys have to get there, whether abducted or not. It's it really is someplace everyone should go. It's just stunning, stunning landscape. I do not like I'm not afraid of airplanes. I just hate the long monotony. It's a brutal trip out there. In fact, I even looked up. I was like, you know, when we went, we had to connect in California or something. I was like, well, maybe direct isn't so bad. It's over an eleven hour flight from New York to Honolulu. Shoot me, now, I would need to be sedated to.
Speaker 2: I could probably do it. I've done like eight and a half hours, so I guess eleven if I could survive, I don't know. I may go a little little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going to Europe is over seven and but I'm getting too old for eleven hours on a planet. So yeah, I don't know that I'll ever get back to Hawaii, but I'm sure glad I was there. So if anybody out there is listening in Hawaii, I would love to hear you have any stories or you saw it when on a trip to Hawaii. We'd love to hear your Hawaiian UFO stories.
Speaker 2: Yes, please? And was that it for todight? Should I take us out?
Speaker 1: I think you should take us out and take us to Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we are packing my bags right now. But I do want to just take a one brief moment to thank all of our listeners, whether you've been here since day one, somewhere along the middle, are joining us today for the first time. Without you, our listeners, we couldn't do this, and we do this because we love the topic, We love talking about UFOs, and we like knowing that people all over the world are actually tuning in to you. So we appreciate your support, and we appreciate you keep on listening and spread the word to your friend's family, loved ones, and everybody else you dot hanging up a poster at work. Listen to the Hudson River Radio's UFO headquarters Tunday Zimmerman like bold orton, until next time, keep your eyes to the sky.
Speaker 4: Let's en river radio dot com a favorite among shut ins and dogs