Speaker 1: Topical.
Speaker 2: And the first thing that all of these fascists do is burn books. And I read somewhere that it's not that they're burning books because they want to destroy art. It's not that they're burning books because they want to disrupt history. They're burning books because they want to destroy memory. They want to destroy the memory of what was there before they got there, so that folks will not fight to get it back. I start with the fact that it's not about being black, it's about being people. And you know, Malcolm went all the way Samantha to figure that out, and so that was a journey he did, so I don't got to go to back up and figure that out. Now we have media companies that claim to be black media peddling a concept that questioning is problematic. I'm cutting out your words. Now, let's still yes the thing you're doing to get to the thing you're doing. And I asked myself, but what can we take control of?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So if I feel like I don't have control of that, then I start mapping a car. So I'm somebody who thinks in a very practical fashion, like I'm very utilitarian, and like, okay, how can we see that down the line. But I'm also an artist, so I'm like imaginative in what that can be. And I know that for a lot of us we are stuck to a grid of only what we have seen is possible versus what we can create possibility from which, by the way, as Black people, that's actually uncharacteristic of us. We are innovative people. We are the descendant of actual Homo sapiens, like the ones who made it possible for us to be possible. I have a master's degree in African American studies, but I don't realize the proximity with which things happened in the sixties. In my mind they exist as these separate, siloed events, when in actuality they have been in a rapid succession. I have a master's degree in African American studies, but I cannot tell you the contents of the nineteen sixty five Building Rightsack. I can't tell you the contents of the nineteen sixty four Civil Rights Act, and I can't tell you how it was gutted, no matter how tapped in I thought I was. I was left out, and I had to check myself and get over myself and step in Houston New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta. My what was the ancestor say? Mission driven book tours, come in your way, come on out, be in community, buy a book and get it signed. RSVP at Amanda Seals dot com. I don't know what's going on, but uh, I don't think we've ever at any point only had one hundred and twenty one people in here. But good morning to you regardless, welcome to views for amandolin your news and truth by any joke necessary. For those of you saying.
Speaker 4: That you.
Speaker 2: Aren't getting notifications, I suggest actually setting an alarm in your phone, because depending on these apps to notify you when someone they are against is going to be talking is counter intuitive. Like it literally doesn't. It doesn't make sense, you know. So like I've I've been shadow band I've been shadow banded for years now, you know what I'm saying. So y'all know that I've been shadow banned for years, So it doesn't make sense. It really is just about us continuously having to work around things like this. I'm staying at a place where the Internet is sketch. Everything about it is sketched, to be quite honest, but nonetheless we'll work through it. So Shout out to everybody who is here with us. We have a really great show today. We have Sabby Sabs joining us, we have miss and Harriman joining us, so we're going to be getting into a lot of things. I know that people want to know my thoughts on Jasmine Crockett. I also want to talk about climate change, which I just really want to challenge myself to make sure that we talk about every single week because I just I really have not been putting enough into that. So looking forward, we will be doing that on a regular basis. And I also want to talk to you guys about Luigi and update you on what's going on with him. It's actually, it's actually very momentous. It's not just nothing. So I'm gonna be giving you all some insight into that. And I am so annoyed by the fact that there's only one hundred and forty nine people. I am genuinely irritated by this. But it's fine, it's fine. It's fine. It's fine. It's fine, it's fine, it's fine, it's fine, it's fine, it's fine. Shout out to Houston. I will be in Houston tonight and I will actually be at Las Pegras, which is a coffee shop owned by one of our Amanda Landers. Yay, let me give an applause for that. So looking forward to seeing you guys in the UH in the Age town and I will also be in New Orleans tomorrow and then in Atlanta on Saturday and in Dallas on Sunday. And let me get my water. I'm actually really tired and haven't eaten so great and uh, what was I gonna say? I forgot what I was going to say. Anyways, thank you freedom for Sudan. You know, I I was about to be leaning into just being comfy all the time, like and I was like, I'm just about to be comfy all the time, Like that's what I'm gonna be on I'm just gonna be comfy all the time. But then I had to like clean out my closet because I can't fit a lot of it, and in doing so, I was like, you're to fly to let all this go. So y'all are going to be getting fashions again. Y'all are beginning. Y'all are going to be getting fashions again. So just giving you a heads up that I I am back with that. Someone said is that a set. No, it's not a set. It's just a white gene. I just felt like I needed to be pure. So there's that. But let's find out where everybody is and uh do a little Amanda Land roll call. Shuey doo by doo be doop dood Where y'all at? Where are y'all at? I'm in X time, I'm in the Landers here learn drop in and tell me where you're watching from. We got Brooklyn, New York, in the building, Kansas, Cleveland, Ohio, Western Massachusetts, University Place, Washington, Spain, Jersey Seven, Arizona, Patterson, New Jersey, Slowey, Canada.
Speaker 5: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Midtown Cole Minton, Michigan, Sunny Belle, California, National City, California, Union City, California, oh go on Ya Chelsea and xme DFWJHS mid women call Territory in so called Pascosa, Ontario, Canada, Thailand, Virginia and yc Barleston, Merlin, Chicago, Nasaw, Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Give me some Cockport does caked out? I see you, Saudi Arabia. We in a National House Pittsburgh, Port Lauderdale, Florida, Germany. But black American Amanda Landers here to learn John Bennett and then where you're watching from Miami, Pittsburgh, Massachusetts, Sweden for one more week. I just sent you your package. Cleveland, Ohio, Everett, Massachusetts. The chat is moving slow because of the Internet, and thus we are out of here. I also still am pissed at why there's only one hundred and eighty eighty eight people here. I just be feeling like like there's a there's a greater suppression happening, and I don't like it, right, I don't like it. I don't like it at all. But let's get into our word.
Speaker 6: Of the day.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm not home, so like I don't have like my whole shit together, So just paw in me, Okay, paw in me. I'm also in a different time zone, like I just have a lot of excuses, to be quite honest. I had dinner last night. I went out last night, and the dinner wasn't y'all. I mean it was good, like in terms of like I was with my homegirl, but like the actual food itself, it wasn't. It wasn't hidden, and so I had to really force myself to try to eat it. But it wasn't hidden, and so I woke up hungry. At this point, I feel like I have a tapeworm because I'm just always hungry and I don't understand what that's really about. I also blame everything on perimenopause at this point, so I'm just gonna blame it on that. So our word of the day is mycology. It's the branch of biology dedicated to studying fungi, including yeasts, molds, and mushrooms. Now, I know that this seems like a very specific word, but I want you to use your what is this? Okay? So Streamyard be ad and shit that I don't even understand. Why is it only letting it stay up for ten seconds? Say? Have you used this before? Show for ten oh time? Or off time? Are off? I will determine when I want to take my banner down. Thank you very much, Streamyard. Now, remember we love a metaphor. We love we love placing the words in other ways. So you know, you guys can use mycology in another form other than just as the relationship to science. Okay, so let's see who's gotta work. So people, Okay, people are like, yeah, the food is not good in Houston, thank you. You know where else the food is not good London unless you go to the Indian neighborhoods and the Black neighborhoods where you get Caribbean food. Everywhere else is like what is this? Bangers and mash see. I love y'all because you'd be thinking. Alison Waite says, yay, the mycology of human connection is the cornerstorm is the cornerstone of life. Ding. Rachel Porter said, we need to be constantly studying mycology to understand the world more and more. Ding. Farm guy Leevy said, mycelium, my sleium networks. We can learn so much and how we can build resilient community. Fun guy, but you got to use the word farm guy, You got to use the word Rolando. I wonder if my colleges can find a way to get a pizza to make me extremely happy, if you know what I mean. Ding, the mycology of Zionism has proven its adult death cult. I mean, I don't even know if that works, but I'm just gonna say it works because the conclusion is correct.
Speaker 3: Ding.
Speaker 2: Mycology is based on the mysoleum that makes up the world.
Speaker 3: Ding.
Speaker 2: Meg Collier says, I've been consumed with studying the mycology of the Democratic Party. Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. Well, we have somebody who knows about them things with us today. The brilliant Sabrina Tellate is joining us and we will also be talking about her documentary. Okay, now, actually I'll say that for one what I'm talking to her in the meantime in between time, let me really quickly give you all our word I mean, our question of the week before we bring cubs up on the squeeze. The question question, my question that is very loud. Oh my god. I maybe it's these bones head phones, but that wow, that took me to a place. Today's bonus question. This week's bonus question is what do you consider leadership?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: This question comes out of the fact that whenever I share information online, the question that comes back to me is so what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: What do we do now? And when I talked about Jasmine Sullivan, not Jasmine Sullivan, I'm not scared, I guess, but I'm scared. Love it you. No, not Jasmine, but shout out to Jazz, She's great. When I talked about Jasmine Crockett I said a very specific statement, which is, you know, perfection is not necessarily is not the metric that's going to get change. Is not going to be get change. However, continuing to vote in establishment democrats who support Israeli Zionism and corporatocracy is one hundred percent not going to be get any change. And then people's responses to that were, so, then who are we supposed to vote for you? Just all you do is just say things, but you don't say what to do. And my question is why do you not have the capability to know how to synthesize information into action? That is because we have been so trained to take our cues from who people decide to be leaders. So I'm asking you all, what do you consider leadership? Because my version of leadership is in decolonizing mind to be able to be leaders. And the reality is that, well, my my understanding is that you cannot have an effective resistance with a bunch of followers. An effective resistance is one with loyal leaders to the resistance. You're telling me, and Or isn't a leader. Of course, he is a leader, you're like, and that's a fictional character. However, it's very imperative to understand this. Followers are not what cause the resistance, because followers follow whatever is leading them. You should be leading you. So what do you consider leadership? Okay, let me get off my soapbox and get into this dope conversation with Stabis Sabrina Salvadi. How are you doing?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great. Thank you so much for having me on, Amanda. Yeah, I can hear you.
Speaker 2: You have a delay. We have a delay. This internet savs is gonna kill me. But okay, I'm gonna work through it. I'm very irritated this morning. How are you doing.
Speaker 8: I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: Okay, I wanted more, so give me more. How are you doing? Beyond great? The bank is banging per usual.
Speaker 8: I've just been really busy, really busy this year.
Speaker 7: So I'm looking to cranking out the rest of December and going into twenty twenty six with the bank.
Speaker 2: I want to do the exact opposite. But I hear you, Gruel, I hear you. I want to go into twenty twenty six with the ease of a lazy river at a water park in the Midwest. Oh, that's what I would ask.
Speaker 8: That's different.
Speaker 2: Just I'm trying to ease, and I don't want to be I don't want no bangs. I don't want to nothing, no, no hard impact, nothing. Okay, but you are you have been working so hard, and I want to start off immediately with talking about your documentary. And I understand the documentary struggle. So let's first let people know about the documentary before we get into the jasmine conversation. And this documentary is called erasure. I mean sorry, a removed black eraser in Boston. So I want to play a little clip or the trailer. I should say, yeah, Boston is home to winning sports teams and elite.
Speaker 7: Universities, but some might say that there are two Boston's.
Speaker 9: If you look at city Hall, no one's talking about that specific racial and historical component that black people are the ones that are being removed.
Speaker 2: There's a huge, significant different and lived experiences. And we know this because of.
Speaker 4: The wealthy board.
Speaker 8: We're at eight dollars.
Speaker 1: This whole plan and gentrification is in the new concept and every city you go into in the Northeast, they kept moving black people out of there inner city. So it's a plan. It's been in place for a long time.
Speaker 10: While the displacement isn't as bad as nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 4: It hasn't gotten much better now.
Speaker 10: It's by design that they've created spaces where we are no longer seen anymore.
Speaker 4: They're wiping us.
Speaker 10: Out, one community at a time, and they're getting away with it. This is gentrification. Franklin Park has been a place where we have built community and all these things are at risk.
Speaker 11: Why is the mayor willing to flow herself on the sword do or die for this project?
Speaker 4: It's not about soccer.
Speaker 11: It's about the additional profits that can be made in this entertainment complex.
Speaker 1: It's a disrespect that you would take public parkland and then give it to a private ut controlling.
Speaker 4: And this project is him.
Speaker 11: It tills Mama pulling back a curtain and if people don't look at what's behind that curtain, it's coming to them.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, people are doing documentaries.
Speaker 2: So Sabena, I don't know if you know this. My father ain't shit, but he is from Boston, so I do have a connection to Boston. He is from Roxbury. Yes, so you know when I was like, I was like, you know what, I really need to know more about Boston and this is a great place to start So tell us what made you decide to make because honestly, you have so much information and knowledge that you could have made fifty eleven different documentaries. What made you decide to do this one first?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I moved to Boston in twenty eleven, so I've been here for a long time actually, and one of the things that I've noticed over the years is the rate of gentrification and the way that it has continued to increase. And there was a group of activists that reached out to me and they said they wanted to have a meeting with me to tell me about a new project, which is White Stadium, which is located inside of Franklin Park that is also leading to more gentrification. So during that meeting with them, that's when I started to realize, you know, this may need to be a bigger project. I can bring you on the podcast and you can talk about it, but I think we really need to go through the history so that people understand how we got here. And so they were all for doing a documentary. So upon talking to them, I reached out to other residents, other people that grew up in Roxbury, grew up in Dorchester, and they told their stories as well. And ultimately, what we ended up doing is that we identified for harms that is leading to the erasure of black Boston, and those four arms are gentrification, redlining, urban renewal, and mass incarceration. Because it's different components that led to this, It's not just about White Stadium. The uniqueness of White Stadium is that we've seen this happen before in cities across the country where the city decides that they want to build a new entertainment complex. Rather it's a new ballpark, a new football stadium for professional teams or a team that may be already there, but they want a new stadium. And I think sometimes what people don't realize is oftentimes those new projects end up replacing black neighborhoods. Ultimately, they go to places where the land is relatively cheap, more affordable, so that they can build there, and that's where a lot of the gentrification comes in. So with that particular project that's happening right now in Boston, those investors that said we're going to bring this women's soccer team to Boston, they have already started buying property around that area. So ultimately, this is what leads to part of that erasure. But I think what a lot of people don't understand about Boston, in particular if you've never been here, the black culture here is not promoted most people when they think of Boston or they come to Boston. There's a lot of Irish American culture that is promoted, but there are black people in Boston, but they're just not you know, it's not put out there that way. And what I have seen over the years, if you look at the data, is that black people are leaving Boston. They're leaving because of forced displacement, because their apartment buildings are being bought by investors, so they have to leave. They're leaving because the cost of living continues to increase. And so if you look at the data, it shows that for the first time in history, black people are more concentrated outside of Boston instead of in Boston. So we're in places like Brockton, Avon, Randolph, Taunton, further and further south of the city, which also means that we have a longer commute. And it's not unique to Boston, right, So this happened in Chicago, this happened in San Francisco, Detroit.
Speaker 8: When we get into the urban renewal.
Speaker 7: Part of the film, we do dive into these plans to build high ways in black communities that were never built, but housing was torn down because those highways were going to be created. So Milwaukee's a good example of this, how they displaced an entire black community because they were going to put a highway through the city that they never put So of course they find ways to get you further and further away from the places that are productive. We had a screening at Roxbury Community College. We're going to do a couple more screenings and then right now we're getting prepared for film festivals. So so far we've received a lot of praise. I'm actually really surprised, but a lot of people have paged out.
Speaker 8: I think just because of the topic. It can be kind of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, like it can be exactly.
Speaker 7: Right, and you know, and and and some people were like, well what about us, what about this? And I'm like, you don't have a net worth of eight dollars. Black people do. And so I think it's important that people understand how that came to be in Boston, how it came to be that the average black family has a networth of eight dollars, and the average white family has a net worth of over two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. That is a big disparity. What I found film in this documentary is that black communities in particular constantly deal with disruption, and part of that disruption has been decisions that have been made by the city.
Speaker 2: You should check out an interview I did with an architect, Adam Paul Susanec. He has a page called Segregation by Design. Do you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: I read an article about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came on the show and it was like so super informative but also just really clear as day the ways in which highways are used to create segregation. And it's not done in community conversation. It's done, as you said, over the people, over the heads of people. You know, It's done behind closed doors, which is why it ends up being so imperative that people are involved locally in the way that in the way things are happening, right. I mean, we just simply don't as a nation have that practice. We kind of vote for people even if we do it all and then we just go on our merry way. But I mean, to be fair, it's not a merry way, Like, like you said, when you have an eight dollars income, like that doesn't leave you time to really fight, you know, because you're really trying to just pay for the basics of existence. So where does How was your process of making the documentary, because that is its own journey.
Speaker 8: I thought it was a great experience. I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: The easiest part about this were the interviews, Like a number of people like were happy to participate to be a part of it. So I thought that was going to be the most difficult part, like getting people who actually want to be in the documentary. But that was the easiest part because they said, we need to tell the story of Black Boston and people need to know what's happening here in Roxbury. There's gentrification happening in Roxbury in Dorchester. So I reached out to residents. They were very happy to come forward and tell what happened and how Roxbury was once a thriving black community and these policies like redlining and urban renewal ultimately changed that right, So that was the easiest part. The most difficult part was finding the success, the historical success of Black Boston. It was just nowhere to be found. I had never experienced like this.
Speaker 2: Before, which literally proves your point right.
Speaker 7: It's when I say erasure, it's not even just physical erasure. It's not including this information in the libraries. I went to libraries. I looked online looking for old Roxbury when people migrated from the South to Boston, very difficult to find. I ended up learning that Northeastern University, which is a part of the gentrification in Roxbury by the way, I hate to say it, because I went to school at Northeastern University, but they somehow were able to own a lot of the old black and white archive photos. So Northeastern University, their archive office, they own a lot of those pictures. So when I found that out, I went to their archive and I went through a number of boxes of pictures just looking for the success of black Boston back.
Speaker 8: In the day.
Speaker 7: And even then it was very hard to find those pictures. So I had to reach out again to other people who grew up here and said, do you have any photos of what Roxbury used to be like? Like all the black businesses that were there before a lot of them were burned down, and whoa burned down? Yes, Well, there's a story about the night that James Brown saved Boston. I'm not sure if you ever heard about that, Amanda. They there were, Yeah, there were a lot of race riots during that time, and James Brown had a concert in Boston, and so when MLK was assassinated, yes, that was part of the Yeah. So those businesses, like the community was not rebuilt after that either. So there was a number of things that were difficult with this. And the comparison that I made is that Chicago, like Boston, has hyper segregation. But when I went to Chicago, I have no difficulty finding old black Chicago photos, videos within the libraries. Very difficult here in Boston. It's almost as if, as Anti he says in the documentary, it's almost as if we were never here.
Speaker 8: That that was the most difficult part.
Speaker 2: So where do you feel, Well, how did the people who are in the documentary, who are like directly affected by this, how do you feel their response to the doc has been.
Speaker 8: They're very proud of it.
Speaker 7: I again, like I said, I was very surprised, Like when we did the screening, I got a standing ovation. This is my first documentary, so I didn't really know what to I didn't know what the response was going to be or if people were going to be receptive to it. One of the journalists that was in the documentary, Yabu Miller, you know, he kind of I met with him yesterday. He kind of felt some kind of way as like, well, you know what about you know, the white community in South Boston that was this place and it's them.
Speaker 2: I agree about them, I had.
Speaker 7: I had to tell him my job is to elevate the voices of those that are not heard. There are plenty, there's a lot of history about South Boston. There's a lot of movies about South Boston. Their story is told. My job is to tell the stories of those who are not heard. And I also had to remind him they don't have a net worth of eight dollars, right, So it's wild to me when people come in and they say, well, what about the white people? The white people don't have a net worth of eight dollars. It is absolutely disturbing and disgusting. And I had to explain that me having lived in other places. My family is from Baltimore, having been in Baltimore, DC, Philly, New York, et cetera. When I walk through Roxbury, and I see just the vacantness, like the lack of black businesses. It's sad. I've never seen nothing like this before. You don't see that in Chicago, you don't see it. So people have been displaced, people have been erased, and the fact that it's hard to even find those photos and videos of that thriving Roxbury community that tells you everything you need to know, even when it comes to arts and culture. One of the most troubling things that I found is that a lot of people here, they all know who Mark Wahlberg is, they all know about New Kids on the Block. But a lot of these people don't even know who New Addition is. How is that possible?
Speaker 2: What they don't know? Bobby, Ricky and MiG are.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, and they were more successful than New Kids on the Block. But again that says something. It says something about the culture we just had. And this is in the documentary as well. There was a New Addition Day. I know, I know, I know, there was a New Edition celebration day where they came here just recently over the summer, and the mayor she dead came a street to a new Edition finally, right after all these years, they finally get like their own street. And I went to that event and even I was like, this is all the people who showed up for this, and it was disturbing because to me, I said, if this was New Kids on the Block, all of Boston would be out here. So what is the problem, Like, why is it that that's not even promoted? So these things, he said.
Speaker 2: They're also lovely, like if y'all have ever met New Edition, they're also like really nice. And the last time I was around them, Ronnie Devout, who was my heart and soul Sabrina Salvadi was like, you know, I just want you to keep going, sister. I see what you're doing and we appreciate you. And eight year old, ten year old and twelve year old Amanda has never recovered that Ronnie Devot sees her as an adult literally, like I have videos where I'm referring to myself as my fake name, Robin Devo. I was married to Ronnie Deaveau for several years.
Speaker 7: I can see that, Amanda. I can see you having the thing for Ronnie.
Speaker 2: I can see yeah.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I think a big part of it is that.
Speaker 7: These things need to be promoted and there's a lot of talent that came from Roxbury and Dorchester, but people don't even know about it. People don't even know Lewis Ferricon is from Boston. People don't know about Malcolm X.
Speaker 8: That's another thing.
Speaker 2: You know that Malcolm Max is from Boston.
Speaker 7: That's another thing we talk about in the documentary, how Malcolm X's house has now declared a historical site. But if you see what it looks like, Paul Revere's house don't look like that. You know, it's just it's it's it's wild, like that should be everywhere. And I said, there is something to be said about this that you don't see this in the other cities on the East Coast where the black culture is hidden in such a way where people are like are black people even here?
Speaker 2: I mean, Boston is so racist, Like every time I go to Boston, the only time I see black people is when I do my shows, like when I'm in like where, Like typically if I go to a restaurant or if I'm just in the Boston proper and I go to a restaurant or I'm at my hotel, I don't see black people. And I don't even see black people working. Right, It's not like, Okay, we are in the private sector. No, we're literally nowhere to be found. I've more than once looked around at a restaurant in Boston and been like, ohla, are we in here at No, I'm the only black person in here, And if you look at me fast and keep it moving, you might say I'm Latina. So I understand, and I don't think people also, And that's what I love that you're doing this documentary or that you did this documentary. Folks still are adherent to this idea that racism only existed in the South and not as a national ethos that has been you know, permeated and perpetuated all throughout this country.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: I think a lot of people, Yeah, people still make that mistake.
Speaker 2: I mean Boston was the last Boston's desegregate their schools until the seventies, like the mid seventies, like not even like seventy one, right, Like they was old and on and they were just as mad as these other videos that you see of Ruby Bridges and these white people, you know, scowling, and all of that was happening in Boston as well.
Speaker 7: There's also a famous picture of Ted Landmark being hit by the American flag by a white guy that said, you're taking our jobs. I believe that picture was on Time magazine at some point, but that is a very infamous picture that a lot of people are familiar with. Interestingly enough, though Ted Landmark still lives here, he teaches at Northeastern University. It's there's a lot of things that have happened. We do talk about the bussing. We go through some of the bussing photos which are horrendous, and I think that sometimes people think that because it's the Northeast, that we didn't have those issues here, or we don't have those issues here. And what I talk about in the documentary is that the type of racism, a lot of it that you experience here, tends to be structural racism and covert racism.
Speaker 2: But it's still there, loud and clear, loud and clear. So you are now on the trajectory with festivals, et cetera, etc. Where can people watch.
Speaker 7: The doc You can watch it right now on my YouTube channel. It's called Remove Black Erasure in Boston. My channel is Savvy Sab, so you can watch it there. It may be there only for a limited amount of time. It depends on some of these festivals that we apply to. We are reaching out to see if it can still be on YouTube. For some it's fine. For others, we're not really sure because they don't really say so. It may only be there for a limited time and then I'll have to market private and then make it public again after the festival circuit.
Speaker 8: But that's where you can find it now.
Speaker 2: All right, removed a rature of black Boston? And how long did it take for you to put this together?
Speaker 7: We started filming at the end of April, so we moved pretty quickly. For documentary standards, documentaries can take years from what I understand to film.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes, And how do you feel like you were able to get it pushed along so fast?
Speaker 7: I got to give kudos to my editor, Scott Hanshew. Scott was phenomenal. He has a lot of experience working in film and he was able to move things along in a way that I wouldn't have been able to do on my own. He's the one that created a lot of the graphics, the transitions, like, all of that is Scott.
Speaker 8: That's not me.
Speaker 7: I don't have those skills, So definitely shout outs to him, all right.
Speaker 2: Scott shot got USh out the crew. You know what I'm saying, We got to shout the below the line. All right, well, Savvey, thank you so much. I mean, it's so necessary that we continue to make this type of work right in the face of the constant erasure of basically everything that is about knowledge and truth, right, Like, that's what we're constantly witnessing and watching. I want to pivot because I texted Sabby this morning and I was like, now, Savby, I was gonna save you headlines. But you know, folks just want us to talk about Jasmine. So let's get the people when they won't. So first, let's watch the announcement video that Jasmine made Jasmine Crockett Representative Jasmine Crockett about her run for Senate.
Speaker 4: How about this new one?
Speaker 2: They have their new star, Crocket, How about her? She's a new star of the Democrat Barty, Jasmine Crockett. They're in big trouble, but you.
Speaker 8: Have this woman Crockett.
Speaker 5: She's a very low IQ person.
Speaker 4: I watched her speak the other day. She's definitely a low IQ person. Crocket. Oh man, oh man, She's a very low IQ person.
Speaker 5: Somebody said the other day, she's one of the leaders of the party. I said, you gotta be kidding.
Speaker 4: Now, they're gonna rely on Crockett.
Speaker 8: Crockett's gonna bring them bed.
Speaker 2: Sabbie. I had to put on my red lip so I can align with you. I said, we gotta, we gotta put on our red lip. All right, Okay, first impressions of this move?
Speaker 8: Who made that ad? Who made that ad?
Speaker 7: It just Jasmine Crockett isn't running against Donald Trump, and I feel like the ad also was. I don't know, it seems to kind of be all about like her and not policy. It's just it's kind of it's it's given me ego vibes, right, But ultimately she's she's not running against Donald Trump. So I just I don't know who's making these decisions. Amanda, Well, you know the.
Speaker 2: Thing about it, So at one point in time, Jasmine and I were actually really getting cool, and so there's things that I don't share conversation wise, because they weren't being had in the context of her being a politician and me being someone in media or just an intellectual, right, Like they were conversations we were having off the record. So I don't share those things, unlike my conversations that I have with Kamala Harris, which was very much in the context of you are the vice president of the United States and you summoned me here to try and confront me, and you ain't had nothing to say. That being said, it has been quite disheartening to see just how quickly she has shifted from I'm a young you know, republic I'm sorry, representative that's entering the party to now believing that she is the future of the party based on what.
Speaker 7: I'm I guess because she's been very vocal against of course Marjorie Taylor Green, the Republican Party in general. She was very she was more outspoken than others. But that's the easy part. It's easy to fight against Trump. It's easy to oppose the Republican Party that's supposed to be your opposition, supposed to be opposition. They agree on more than we realize. But where were you when a genocide started under Joe Biden? See, that's the thing I can.
Speaker 2: Tell you where she was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like you're not pushing back against people in your own party that have made decisions that lead to the erasure of a group of people, even now that Trump's in office. I mean, it's just and we can get to the Israel park because I'm going to tell people who she really is.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I left that for last because I know, see one thing about Sabrina Salvati is she's going to give you the receipts of the receipts. And that is the thing that I feel like these folks fail to realize is that there are folks out here who are tracking their choices, who are tracking their votes, who are tracking their money, and who are tracking their shifts and their changes, and they don't acknowledge that, and so they continue to move as if they're impervious to critique. But we are going to continue to be acknowledging of the necessity to critique and also to illuminate the ways in which they are misleading folks, right, because even when we when we talked about Israel, and when we get there, I would love for you to also just really amplify for people the direct implications, the direct what's the word I'm looking for, the direct effect that having a support of Israel has, having a support of Israel has on the people of the United States, right, and of the people of Texas, et cetera. Because I think people think it's like a ideological difference that that that we're talking about, and it's deeper than that. So her running for senator, can you just lay out for people what a senator does, because let me tell you, a lot of people don't even know what a senator does. They're just like, oh, she's running for something, so let's let's just get behind it. But they don't even know what the role of a senator is. I'm watching people literally say to me, you know, she is in Texas, and I see people talking about her who don't even have a vote in Texas. So why are you acting like this is your business?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, senators work in Congress, and after legislation passes the House, it makes its way over to the Senate. I mean it's like, so she will be voting on legislation that impacts all of us, the entire United States. And I think, I don't know. I don't know what the schools are doing nowadays, but it seems like we need to teach civics to people again, or if people have not learned civics. I'm starting to realize people don't know what some of these positions actually do, but that would be her job. I sort of see Jasmine Crockett the same way that I saw John Fetterman when he ran for Senate years ago. I warned people about John Fetterman, and I'm warning people about Jasmine Crockett. The sad part is a lot of people, a lot of lefties, are saying she's the populist candidate, she's progressive. She's not Jasmine. Jasmine Crockett has taken corporate Pac money. Jasmine Crockett, Wait, wait, I want to wait, I want to stop there.
Speaker 2: It's not just that she took it. It's that she said she wasn't gonna take it. Yeah, ran on, I don't take it, but my opponent does, and then proceeded to I think it's important to denote these shifts in ideology that are actually not just impacting her campaign, but impact the way that we are allowing dark money to affect the way our elections operate.
Speaker 7: Right, she was one of the people that said, look at me, I have zero dollars of corporate Pac money. But then she went on to take corporate Pac money, and she took more than her opponent was actually taking. She's also in the crypto the Crypto club. She took like the crypto money, which Trump is a big fan of. And I think that people need to go back and if you can find it, go to revolutionary change. Jim, Pearlman and Peter interviewed Jasmine Crockett years ago when she was in the state House in Texas, and she was a very different person than the moment she got into Congress. She started to change. And I remember that because that's how I learned about who she was, because they interviewed her and she was leading like this fight in the state House in Texas and everything changed.
Speaker 2: The fight.
Speaker 8: I forget. It might have been workers. I forget. I have to go back and check, but it.
Speaker 2: Was something that was actually for the people. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's why she was brought on to Yeah, they were talking to her about it. So that was when I first heard about her. I was like, Okay, she's out there fighting for you know, for the people. But then once she got into Congress, you know, you started to see how she really was. So, yeah, she fights back against the Republican Party, but I mean they're all kind of doing that in a way. That's that's the minimum. But don't get don't get it twisted. She's not a progressive, she's not like a populist candidate. She's not even grassroots. She's another corporate Democrat, that's all. Jasmine Crockett is, Can you illuminate for people? Why that is not helpful to them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's because of the way that they vote.
Speaker 7: Right, So these candidates that are taking corporate pac money, the candidates that are taking you know, whether it's crypto money, et cetera. You have to know that a lot of these lobby interest groups they write legislation in Congress. It's not just politicians that are writing legislation. And when they write legislation, they write legislation that's going to benefit them. And then these politicians that are taking donations from them vote towards their interests. That's why they donate money to them. Jasmin Crockett isn't even running on Medicare for all.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 8: It's weird. And I've already seen the shift.
Speaker 7: I'm already seeing progressives and they say, yeah, she's the fighter, she's the progressive we need. Now, all of a sudden, Medicare for all doesn't matter now, all of a sudden like Israel doesn't matter and I'm noticing climate change.
Speaker 2: There's a direct quote on her site where she talks about energy and climate change and she says it says, generating more wind powered electricity than any state in the nation, Texas forges into the future while also staying true to its oil and gas origins. What does that even mean to me? What it says is, yes, I'm going to do green initiatives, which are their own scam by the way, However, I'm also going to make sure that you oil tycoons, et cetera are continuing to get your hands on fossil fuels that we know that we know for a fact are ruining the actual ability for us to live on this planet. And we're gonna talk about it later, y'all when I talk about what's going on in Asia with the flooding, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: She's and it's I think she's tricked a lot of people, although I have noticed, like z Jalawni has called her out just recently and said, Jasmine Crockett's not progressive. This is last night I went over the way that she has voted. I think a lot of times people just aren't paying attention. So yeah, like she's raised her voice against Marjorie Tailer Green, she's called out Trump, she's danced in the halls of Congress and all those types of things. But a lot of that is just it's just a distraction, it's just a formative. Yeah, so let's talk.
Speaker 2: About her voting. Yeah, let's talk about her door so her record ahead, we have a delay, so it's a little bit awkward.
Speaker 7: So okay, So it was just yeah, I was just gonna say, for those who were wondering about Israel on foreign policy, most of the time she voted along with Israel. Most of the time, she voted along with you know what Trump actually would have wanted for Israel.
Speaker 8: Track a Pack.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if everybody follows this group on X but track Apak they have a website of the candidates that they endorse and also they list the candidates that are taking like you know, a pac money, et cetera. They are not endorsing Jasmine Crocket. They said Jasmine Crockett did not call it a genocide. Jasmine Crockett because of the way that she's voted, like not to stop the weapons. So they have an endorsed her that should tell you everything.
Speaker 2: And people are like, well, she hasn't taken a PAC money. So first of all, I want to let you all know that there are other packs or other Israeli lobbies besides a PAC. And now that a PAC is so outed, they are going other ways. They are finding other surreptitious ways to get this money to these people. They know that they have control over these people. At a certain point in time, Jasmine Crockett signed a letter of allegiance to Israel, and I mean to the lobbies saying like okay, I'm not gonna do x y Z now. I don't know the contents of that letter, but she signed it right. And I remember when Jasmin Crockett went over to Israel on a trip. If you were against Israel, you're not gonna go over there and then come back and still be talking the same way. I would have, honestly, Savs, I would have been okay with I went over there, I came back this bullshit. Let me tell you what I'm saw. This is crazy. We can't get down with this. Now. I'm over here with Corey Bush and Rashida Tlaid and we are not gonna allow this happen No, she didn't do that. She actually came back. And that was also why I distanced myself from her, because it was like, oh, you're not standing in truth, and so I can't have brunch with you no more, right like I can't hang out with you. And I also want to point out that for a lot of people, the concept of being against Israel is something and I said this earlier, it's something that is an ideology. People are in my comment saying like Palisinea Palesin ain't got nothing to do with us. So I want us to talk about why we are so staunchly against politicians who are in alignment with the Israeli lobby and Zionism, because it's not simply about the factors of genocide, which should be enough. It should be enough. Yeah, one, can we talk about the corporate involvement.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about the money.
Speaker 7: I don't know if everybody has looked this up, but if you get a chance, you should. You should look up to see how much your state and your city sends to Israel. And then I want you to look up the homelessness rate in your area. I want you to look at the unemployment rate in your area. I want you to see where all that where a lot of the money is going. I can tell you Boston sent ten million dollars to Israel, and our homelessness rate is skyrocketed, So the money's not being spent here.
Speaker 8: That's a big part of it.
Speaker 7: Also for someone who I believe, Jasmine Crockett was a civil rights lawyer, doesn't she practice civil rights? Okay, So if you're fighting for civil rights, why are you supporting Israel? Because, if anything, you should be supporting you know, the Palestinian people are occupied. The Palestinian people are oppressed. The Israelies are not occupied. The Israelis are not oppressed. They control the land, the air, and the sea. They control what even what food goes into Gaza. The Palestinians are losing their homes in the West Bank because of rabid Israeli settler violence that is being inflicted on them.
Speaker 8: This is a weekly thing.
Speaker 7: This didn't start October seventh, but there are multiple you can look up the videos for yourself. Is rarely settlers going into the West Bank stealing Palestinian's home, squatting outside their homes, waiting until they go to work, and then destroying it, knocking it down like, so that's what that's what Jasmine supports. People have to understand that when you say, like I support Israel and we need to stand with them, you're supporting all of that. So as a civil rights lawyer, that doesn't make any sense. It's very clear to me that Jasmine got the talk. And you gotta be careful because some of these politicians, to Amanda's point, no, they're not taking a PAC money, but they're still voting along with Israel's interest. So it's not just enough to say, let's look them up on open secrets and see if they're taking money from APAK. And to Amanda's point, there are other groups. There's Koofy, there's j Street, so as individuals.
Speaker 2: Right, there's also individuals like this Ailman lady right, So like James Tallerico who is also running and who others will say is another option he takes his He's getting his Israel money from an individual from Adelman, who also sent buttloads of money to Donald Trump. And this is why Sabby I'm like, I need people to understand that we are watching a false flag operation in there being opposition between Democrats and Republicans. And Sabby talks about this all the time on her show. At the end of the day, they're all funded by the same people, and that is who you're supposed to be fighting against, right, And it feels like people just refuse to want to acknowledge that. They just want to get caught up in the battle royale between these two sides instead of acknowledging that these two sides are being paid by the same people. So that's obviously who the issue should be with. Now when we talk about black folks, right and okay, people are like, well, you're not going to get her to you're not going to get people to not care about her because of Israel palesign because those are black folks. Israel is behind what's going on in the Congo. Israel is involved in providing arms to the members of the RSF in Sudan. Israel has one hundred percent been a part of the overthrow of Libya. These are all actual Israel provided weapons to destabilize Haiti. So when we talk about these issues of oh, well, those aren't black people, so we don't care. Tell me when you all start to care that all of this also comes back because what's also happening is we have all of these cop cities that are in place to become the headquarters of ICE, which is going to essentially become the IDF, and they're going to be suppressing Yo Town and Yo City. We have black democrats like your man's in Atlanta who are riding with that, and they're going along with this Zionism mindset as if it is not going to affect black people.
Speaker 7: The NYPD is directly aligned with the IDF. That whole boat on your next thing, that whole boot on your next thing.
Speaker 8: Where do you think this all this works together?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 7: I was just talking about last night about the AI and intelligence that's happening. Israel is advancing, advancing their technology, especially when it comes to AI. They're already making statements and people need to pay attention to what's happening out there. They're already making statements that Americans who don't want to agree with Israel, we should treat them like people in Gaza. And I have that's whom people are are supporting. One thousand pastors just went to Israel to be brainwashed by Benjamin Nette. Yahoo to go back can take this message to their congregations that you need to get your people in order to support Israel because they're losing support between among the right the young right wing Christians now and that that's a problem for them.
Speaker 8: So I ask.
Speaker 2: Yourself, actually, yeah, well, I'm trying to get it over here. You gotta like, why have you seen the APEC video. Yes, let's show that real quick for people, because this is nuts.
Speaker 13: It's the start of a new day, and thanks to Israeli innovation, our journey will be made easier.
Speaker 4: I'll show you the sky.
Speaker 13: Our connections clearer, looking down, our food more plentiful and nourishing, our oceans cleaner, looking down, our communities safe and you I loved ones healthier, and we.
Speaker 2: Can take it one step back the time. We can take it one step, one step till we get it.
Speaker 4: From morning tonight.
Speaker 13: Whatever the challenge, Israel is America's partner for a better future.
Speaker 7: That technology frighten people. Yep, technology, This is often Israel.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, Sorry.
Speaker 7: Well, I just want to remind people when you think about the things that we don't have here, I want to remind you Israel has universal health care.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: Israel has free university. But the same politicians who stand up in front of you and tell you that that's socialism and we shouldn't have that here. Support an ally with Israel that has those things.
Speaker 8: Make it make sense?
Speaker 2: How does that add up? And people think that just having a black person somewhere is advancement is progress If that black person is not operating different than the system they're in, they are simply just advancing the system.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's not just Jasmine Crockett, That's that's Corey Booker, that's Haakm Jeffries, that's all of them. They're not there to work for you. They're there to work for their donors. That's why the money is involved. So yeah, I know, I get it. People want to have representation, But what kind of representation are you? Are we actually getting the fact that the Congressional Black Caucus align with Israel and prioritizes Israel. I bet you didn't know unless Amanda told you. Did your representatives that are part of the Congressional Black Caucus, did they tell you they went to Israel. They took a big old trip over to Israel, and they kind of hushed and quiet about that, right, So that's their priority. So when you look around in your district and you look around, you wonder why is in our communities improving, Why they're not fighting for you. They decided that a long time ago. I hate to say it, but the reality is, we have a lot of it rhymes with spoons. We have a lot of spoons in Congress.
Speaker 8: We really do.
Speaker 7: We got a lot of spoons in Congress. These people, it's fake representation. They're not there to really help you. You see how quickly they can bring forward legislation to prioritize Israel. But how dare you come to them and say, hey, I want legislation for this, this for the black community.
Speaker 8: All now is not the time.
Speaker 2: I mean common Let's head straight up. I will not make laws that are just for the black community, not laws. I will not bring fourth legislation and bills that are just for the black community. I won't do it.
Speaker 8: But she'll do it for Israel.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yes. Now. And in providing greater context for people as to what the issue with Israel, let let me show you the type of conversations that happened in Isra.
Speaker 14: And this is a rabbi in Israel who is a well known person in the in the community.
Speaker 2: He is not just like some random person talking about why slavery should return. The non Jews will want to be our slave. He is the head of the Sons of David religious seminary, and he goes on to say that being the slave of a Jew is the best ayeshiva Zomi. This is a military prep school and he is a teacher there. It is the most well known. Most of his students are former soldiers. I also want to point out that Israel passed more than thirty laws since October this is October twenty three that deepen their system of apartheid and repression. So how can you, genuinely as a civil rights lawyer in twenty twenty five continue with unflinching support, continue to have on flinching support. Now, one thing I want to say, Sabs is that I want to ask you, do you feel like this is enough of an issue to render her campaign dead in the water?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean people are going to voeverhear regardless, But I will say this, she has to get through the primary first, which she might go on to win the primary. But do I think she's gonna win in the general? I mean it's Texas most likely not. I just read an article earlier this morning that said that the Republican Party actually elevated. They want her in the race because they believe she'll be the easiest to beat.
Speaker 8: It's the pied piper strategy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sorry, the sun is coming in. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You bringing in the light. Oh you're not used to it in the day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it looks like a halo's coming in.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, I with it. I'm with it. Take us to the lights, have show us the light?
Speaker 8: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing I will say is I appreciate not being alone in speaking the honesty about these folks and the truth about their existence as political figures. I think people are so wrapped up in celebrity that they forget that these are lawmakers.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, and they'll be making laws that impact our lives. So people need to think about that. And as much as I've been ranting about healthcare over the years, that's another thing. Why is Jasmine Crockett not even supporting Medicare for all?
Speaker 2: She's supporting the ACA, which is not the same. So you know they're going to continue to say that we're traders, so go us.
Speaker 8: I will say.
Speaker 7: I'll say this, I think that people need to focus on building dual power. I think you need to stop like making the pride to the politicians your priority and making them their hero. I don't think that needs to be the thing. A lot of times people are like, who should we look towards to get in Congress, to get into the House, to get into the White House. And at the end of the day, you need to look towards the people that are around you, your family, your community, yourself, look in the mirror, and you need to work on building dual power. You can do this through mutual aid, which is something that I do and all of us at AREBN we do mutual aid. You can do that direct action organizing. I mean, i'd say, like, you know, look at what the Black Panthers did. They weren't sitting around and waiting for the government to like these politicians to do the right thing and help them. They decided to help themselves. So I think that's where that fight is really going to be. There's a number of documents that you can look up to learn about dual power, and I think that's what you need to focus on and not. I'm not to say that electoral politics isn't a tool that you can't use in your toolbox. You can but it's not the only tool At.
Speaker 2: This point, Zabby, I believe less and less that it is an actual tool to use in the toolbox because I just haven't seen any evidence of it being useful yet. Well, I think.
Speaker 7: I think like on the local level, I have seen Green Party members and independents get into some of these local seats, these local positions and do.
Speaker 8: Well with that.
Speaker 7: So I think, I don't know, maybe people need to look a little bit more locally, like I encourage more people, need to more independence or if you're your third party, we need more of those people running for these local races mayor school board, city council. And it's so interesting everybody just looks for Congress, like the congressional races. What's happening in your community, Like who's on the city council. City council controls the budget, so like start looking in counsel us how.
Speaker 2: You have a arena getting built in your hood?
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 7: So I mean what we're talking about, like with the stadiums and the gentrification, Like that's not coming from Congress, that's not coming from the White House. That's happening locally.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's happening locally. And I want to also point out though the corruption is also happening locally, So I just also want to make that clear. We're not saying that locally is fair and veterally is not. None of it is fair at present. There's corruption in all of this. We are seeing different states that are making them move to remove dark money from their elections, dark money meaning money that cannot be tracked. However, it's really important that we understand that politics as it exists in the United States and in many places, by the way, is a system of corruption. It's the same way that policing is a system of harm. So the system itself is made a certain way, and people actually go into that system knowing that many times to exploit that. Okay, so that is something that you can on a local level have a lot more two teeth to fight than on a federal level, because these people live in your neighborhood. Like they are there, You see them, and you can be on their head and on their neck every day that you see them. Why are you taking money from such and such? Why are you doing such and such? We are not going to have handle that. I also want to point out though that the Zionism is also going to the local level. We are seeing Zionists, like you said, having meetings with local leaders in churches and pastors. They're also meeting with mayors and giving them incentive to create legislation that suppresses challenging of Israel, you know, that suppresses BDS, etc. So when you see this much effort of something, you should absolutely be having a red flag say hold up, I need to be paying attention to this. And I see so many folks that are saying, I don't know what Zionism is, so it must not be that important, hm.
Speaker 7: I would say, the fact that you don't know what it is is the reason why it is that important. They don't want you to know about certain things. I mean, it's just, you know, I don't know. I had this conversation with my viewers, even when it came to the biblical perspective, and I was breaking this down for them as well as I'm like you, guys, got to understand again, in the Bible, when Jesus was talking about Israel, I will call you, he was speaking directly to Jacob. And it's just it's all these things that because I grew up in the church, so it's it's all these things that I'm just like, no, that's not really what you know, what the Bible says. So for all of you who do go to church, get ready, because they already said they want ten thousand more pastors to come to Israel and bring that message back to their congregation. So was your pastor absent last week? Maybe he might have been on that trip because that list was confidential. I think if you follow jen x girl on x she is trying to post the list. She's trying to get the list of the names of everybody who was there. But again, why does it need to be Why why did it need to be confidential? Why why can't people know if their pastor is participating in the propaganda. So it's another way, and we can go into this another time. But there's part of reason why you don't see me in the church today, because like, I'm not going to sit up here and listen to somebody who says, you know, we're we're Christian, but it's okay to kill these kids in Gaza.
Speaker 2: No, you better stand on its abs I would. I do want to show the video of the pastors though, because it's very disturbing to me and I just think it's important before you go.
Speaker 15: I'm here to be part of the Ambassadors' taking place this week. We're here for seven days support Israel and to take what we learn back to our people back home. I'll be listen parative that we're educating the younger generation on what it means. Can't just stands for Israel. There's a lot, a lot to learn, a lot to be present for, and that is what I expect to do the good news about.
Speaker 2: So again we need to point out this is black, white, all flavors, all right.
Speaker 4: Place.
Speaker 15: I do some of God's place for gods people, and we need to support them.
Speaker 4: Reverence Johnny Moore.
Speaker 15: We are here to answer a call. Our faith requires action when darkness crisis, and here we are. But the promise is Abraham still notch go with the song. The song still rise, And we gathered here on this closing afternoon to declare a spiritual war.
Speaker 2: Wellcome everybody, Okay, I'm not gonna show the whole thing, but the man just said we're here to declare a spiritual war.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna text you later a SABS congratulations on the documentary. You all please go to Savvy Savs YouTube that you can watch the documentary Removed Erasure of Black Boston and support independent creators, support independent journalists, support them not only because we not getting paid from anything betther than your grassroots support, but also because you deserve to know the truth and there are people out here who have dedicated our lives to bringing that to you. And if you care about the truth, then you got to care about us. So thank you so much for joining us and for enlightening us as you always do. And also remind people when they can check out your show.
Speaker 7: Yep, So I'm live on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings.
Speaker 2: You in there, Savs Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, y'all you get three days a week to check out Sabby Sabs who will be checking all of the facts and giving them to you. Thank you one more, Thank you again for finally making it on the show, and we shall continue on my red lips. Sister. Hey, I have a good one. Yay. Y'all been asking Sabby coming on the show. Well, we're just gonna turn right round, right round and get into our next guest. We are, miss how are you greeting?
Speaker 4: Hey? Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I Amanda? Yeah, I can perfectly clip.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well let me just tell y'all. Missun describes himself your your your Instagram bio is very specific while not being specific at all. So miss Un says dyslexic Nerdi virgin Oscar nominated end of lacyp Award winner. Opinions expressed are solely my own. However, you are I know you to be a photographer.
Speaker 4: Before we even get there. I jumped on early and I hadn't seen the clip that you shown of these priests were actors, pastors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody is getting brainwashed, baby. That's the that's the new wave.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm I. And it's it's particularly I don't know if you've seen The Voice of hinrad Jab yet. Have you watched that film?
Speaker 2: No? I have not seen it yet. There's a part of me that's not prepared.
Speaker 4: Listen. I ran away from it. I've run away from that film for four months, and I decided, look, just you know, if if Palestinians are enduring what they're enduring, go and see the bloody film. And I sat down, and the reason I'm bringing this up that it's particularly hard to see men and women of God going to this place after watching that film, because what you learn in the film is we all know what happened to this six year old. But what I didn't know is that they had the technology to have the heat that they could see who is dead or alive. They could see the size of the soul, so they knew it was a child, and they knew that this child was surrounded by her dead relatives, the corpses of their dead relatives. And then they just played call of duty for three hours taking potshots at her. And it's just to see people of God, you know, in the twenty four hour period. I just I didn't know about this trip. I missed this one.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to keep up, to be quite honest, I mean, the nonsense is just so innumerable that it's hard to keep up. I mean, the other day you had into mar Ben Gavie wearing a noose pin. I saw them along with others in the Israeli Kanesse, in support of their push to create a death penalty for all of the Palestinian prisoners. Mind you, these people have not had cases, they have not been able to even fight. There a lot of them, don't even have charges.
Speaker 4: Them are no adults actually judicial cults in abury which your kids don't understand, and they're being held Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, in the context of that, well no, I mean I'm not surprised because the context of our conversation was about Jasmine Crockett, who was a black woman who was running for senator. And you know, there's now a lot of hullabulu and hubbub about her being progressive and her being you know, the next wave and she's going to save the Democratic Party and me and Sabby Sabs landing that plane at No. No, this is not a progressive This is someone who has staunchly supported Israel. I mean it's not hard to discern this. You know, people are like, where's the evidence, where's the evidence? And the evidence? I mean, I can show you as basic as this.
Speaker 16: When Governor Wall started out tonight by repeating this refrain that Israel has a right to defend itself, Israel has just invaded Lebanon. Israel is now intimating that it could attack Iran. So shouldn't we be looking for a little more than just these platitudes about Israel having a right to defend itself. What is the limiting principle, especially when the US the one providing the armaments for Israel to wage these military campaigns. As you know, having voted for the National Security Supplemental back in April, which underwrote Israel's war.
Speaker 2: Effort, I absolutely did vote for it.
Speaker 17: I voted for that along with every other supplemental that was available. And I will tell you this, it is important that people understand what diplomacy looks like, and it looks like the fact that this relationship between Israel and the United States has existed since before I was born. And guess what, this relationship will continue on in perpetuity even after I'm gone.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many Nigerians you know, but I'm a Nigeriane man, so sometimes I may switch to pigeon when I have when I can't sound like British. Because this is this is madness. Yesh came Jeffries Cory Booker, and I need you to help me, as an African American, to explain to me how these well educated, seemingly well traveled, supposedly politically astute, black African American men and women that have chosen a life of service have got to a place where I'm looking at Corey Booker walking down corridors or dancing with you know, genocidal maniacs, Like how does it get to that place?
Speaker 2: So the first step is in knowing that the United States does not actually have politics as a public service. They're not actually in service to the people. They're in service to lobbyists. They're in service to packs and to donors. So when you say they have entered a life of service, the life of service they've entered is to those who are going to give them money, and they serve them by passing and supporting legislation or standing in the way of legislation that prevents those corporate interests from being able to advance. And they know this. You know, there's the reason why you have so many lawyers that go into these fields. Right, There's a reason why you have so many entrepreneurs go into these fields. It's because they already know the one too of what's going on. So when you see this in black people, you also understand that we do live in a capitalist country and at the end of the day, there has been a constant push of this idea of generational wealth, and black people need to get our o economics together. However, it's not done under the auspices of socialism and supporting communities. It's done under the auspices of individual accomplishment. Right, Like Jasmine Sullivan was, Jasmin Crockett was already a successful lawyer who made more money as a lawyer than she did in Congress if she was not going to take any corporate money. So it's not like she was struggling, right, It's not like she was saying, you know, I'm going to find my purpose in this path. However, what frustrates me is that I think a lot of people inherently think that black people have a higher moral.
Speaker 4: Quotient, Yeah, because of the historical.
Speaker 2: Because exactly, and that same thing is why Israeli Zionis are getting away with what they're doing, because they effectively peddled this idea of a moral a higher moral ground because of having a higher pain, right, higher harm, higher moral ground. And so that's where you get the whole like, we get to harm people because we were harmed. We have the moral army because we didn't have an army to protect us, which was literally just pr right. Because the Zionists were actually in cahoots with Nazis like Zionists Jews said Okay, we'll work with you Nazis, versus other Jews who were like, no, no, we don't work with the people who are trying to kill us. Like I think people have really just come to kerfuffle everything together in the same way that they have now with black people in America. And I am a black person who lives on a value system that is not capitalists, hence being a radical black intellectual. And we are not the same just because we are black, like the saying goes all skin folk and kinfolk, and we keep using identity politics in this country to put black people in power or that do not support black liberation.
Speaker 4: So how do you how do you connect? I think you kind of connected. Another interesting thing is which is how the far right, and I mean the real far right has seemingly gone into bed with the Zionist entity. And what I mean by that. When Elon Musk did the what do they call it, they hate the you know, the hand, the Hitler hand thing, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and then the yeah and the the a d L defended him said he was you know that we should move on. We've just had something in England where a guy called Magel far Arche. I don't know, if you know, you probably know who he is. He's ahead of he is openly racist, openly anti Semitic, head of the Reform Party in the UK, and a lot of the people that went to school with him, who are actually Jewish have come out saying he is an anti He's been saying things like Hitler was right, you know, reminding, reminding people of Candice owns pre her rebrand, and it's it's it's very very interesting because the Jewish Chronicle, the Jewish Chronicle, big paper in the UK, did an article saying that we should forget about all the anti Semitic things he said in the past, and I was like, what it's it's it's really really we get the light on. Hold. Yeah, it's really really confusing for me to see how, you know, organizations and all newspapers that are supposed to be defending actual Jews are writing articles that are defending they're not.
Speaker 2: Because this is the thing the same way that I was saying, like there has been a confluence, like a false equivalence created amongst all black people. There's been a false equivalence. He created amongst Jewish people. Right, there's Jewish, there's Judaism as a faith, and if you follow Judaism as a faith, then you don't. It's the same with Christianity. There's Christianity as a faith, and then there's people who are claiming Christianity but they're not following the faith of it at all. In the same with everything. There's the same thing with with Islam. Right. So you have all of these folks and they like to call it extremists, when I think that's a false nomenclature because they're not. To me. If I'm an extreme Christian, I'm extremely giving, I'm extremely non judgmental, I'm extremely supportive. Right, If I'm an extremist, it is because I am so committed to the faith that I am deeply rigid and in my morals and my ethics and my principles. These are not extremists. These are liars, These are These are people who simply just use these these spiritual tool RULs to weaponize against humans because of our capacity to be moved, and you are there divergent, so you have less of a capacity to be flipped and spun. It's just what it means are wiring is not direct.
Speaker 4: You must I'm believing that you also.
Speaker 2: Are absolutely artistic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I think that we're a funny lot because I think the marriage of trauma, like real childhood trauma, which I know you had, and then being on this this spectrum is a really really interesting cocktail because you know, you're such a monol what you're unique in the conversation of American culture. And my sister who is your friend, I believe Brianna Joy Gray and a few others are Yeah yeah, I mean they don't play as well, and it's just really really interesting, but they're like three of you, just like Leny, where are the rest?
Speaker 2: The truth is is that there are more. It's just that we have been so ostracized and shunned by our cot by our fellow black folks, that many people then you know, they don't have the support system to really manage it right. And I was very very fortunate that when I was ostracized from the black community for just being myself, I was very fortunate that I had a psychiatrist that really helped me to move through that, and I also had the right people around me. It wasn't about amount, it was about quality, you know, the right people around me to catch me and give me a soft landing into a path forward that commits to this, regardless of the ostracizing right, and then you start to understand that, oh, I'm not alone in this, and so now I need to create spaces for others to not feel alone in this. And that's what we do here at Use for Amandolin, and that's what I do on my Patreon. I so often find people saying I'm here because I don't have anyone in my immediate circle that I can talk to about these things, and I feel crazy. And then I come here and I feel sane because I know that I'm not bugging. And that's why you know they've said forever it's only about five percent. I love this neuro defiant. I love that I'm making a T shirt that says that. But it's really true that there is a necessity to uplift these voices. And that's why I originally got connected to you through your film. I need to I haven't seen anything. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, IM messing up, a messing up. I want to put yours.
Speaker 18: On bad witness. If you travel the world with this thing. I'm just bad witness.
Speaker 19: People celebt images, but my passions is observing the human condition and making arts that has purpose.
Speaker 4: Miss An Harriman's work captures protests like no other. The images help people see.
Speaker 8: They're not alone and being frustrated.
Speaker 4: I do wonder about the difference I'm actually making. What do protest movements truly achieve? If people are still demanding the same human rights?
Speaker 2: How the people?
Speaker 8: What you're doing is to give one the opportunity to be able to see the images will be here forever.
Speaker 4: As a young boy, the images of apartheid South Africa shook me to my core, and then I went on a journey of understanding what it all meant. We got to tell the truth racial profile still exists.
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 4: It's going to be the biggest protests ever.
Speaker 19: Oh, this is part of the journey. People have a goodness in them that needs to be fed like a plant.
Speaker 4: This is the work. This is the bearing witness.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the work the bearing witness. I can't help but try a British accent when I'm talking to someone with the British accents, so I'm not mocking you. I'm really just.
Speaker 4: Join you.
Speaker 2: I'm working. I'm working on it, but it's so tell me about tell me about the film, and and to me, it goes directly along with what we've been talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And I remember, you know, I made a film before this and got nominated for an Oscar and there was a lot of heat around me, and I was like, with this heat, I'm just gonna see if I can get them to let me do what I want to do. And I could see the world getting more and more crazy, and I was like, why don't we do a feature lengths dock on what it means to be an artist that refuses to look away when it pays to be apathetic through the lens of protest. And I think whilst making it, everything just kept getting crazier. And I was just like, you can't ignore Palestine. You cannot make a protest film and focus on queer, trans climate, women, black lives and just pretend that Palestine isn't happening, which is what the industry was strongly suggesting to me and my team, and we're like, no, you know. And there's a great page on instaign called Pomegranates, and she she has a great analogy. She said that Gaza is I don't know if you are a Star Wars person, but she said it's a wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait, you don't know if I'm a Star Wars person.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, she said that that the Gaza is the single shot through the exhaust valve of the death Sta that brings.
Speaker 4: Down the whole empire. I believe it too, you know, and I love it so much because I think what this what this film is is, it's this film isn't really for you and me. This film is for the dads and mums in Ohio that don't know what occupation means. They don't know about the Peal Commission in thirty six. They don't know about church Hill's Dog in the Manger quote, which is just pure white supremacy before the existence of Israel. And then they see me with George Floyd's people in Minnesota, and then they start cannecting that with the violent war for profit, white patriarchal, extractive capitalist machine that allows black men to lie in their own piss whilst begging for their mamma as they late leave this mortal coil. And then I take them from there to Johannesburg, and I take them to the University of Johannesburg that used to be an all white university, and within our lifetime that university looks like you and me now right. And there's a scene in Johannesburg with a professor talking about Palestine. It's sat African man being strong man, talking about the history and the connection. And I think for a lot of Americans, this film is accessible because it's got all the shiny things with me and the oscars and everything else, but it always takes them back to help them understand that we have to decolonize our minds and protest matters, not just because of getting arrested and getting on the news, because you build community, and within community lies the ability to unlearn. Because one of the most dangerous things I've seen is a combination of confirmation bias and arrested development. Just hanging out with the same people the holiday in the same place and listen to the same music that you know, love jay Z, Beyonce Taylor, whoever. And they literally are in a bubble of extractive capitalist status quoism. And my film is too gently but hold your hand and pull you out of that room, you know, for you to look outside and realize that your reality is not built on anything outside of the blood and broken bones of brown and black. Usually at this point, if you're looking at your iPhones and your Tesla cars kids right because you look at Congo, you look at the you know, the new phones every September.
Speaker 20: You look at the the the fact that many of us don't realize that a lot of the things we're told to buy that we don't need, we don't even we're Christmas now, for God's sake, how many of us are still buying shopping.
Speaker 2: I canceled Christmas, which.
Speaker 4: Is investing can and Jerusalem, whereas.
Speaker 2: It right in Parisi.
Speaker 4: So it's a film about my life that helps you go on a journey of on learning and decolonizing yourself through my images. Listen Edward arningfil changed my life. When I became the first black man to shoot the cover of Vergue in twenty twenty, I could have just stayed on that lane and done pretty well for myself taking pictures of famous folk. I'm very proud of the humans that I've shot. I'm very proud of how I shoot black people, in particular, because I have a lot of issues with the gaze of our people when they make us comple.
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying the gays like gays, and I was like, what a gay You have a problem with them?
Speaker 4: No, they haven't hurt anyone, you know, I'm talking more about the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean that was uninsecure, and that was like a really big issue with not issue, but that was a really big focus was like shooting black people properly, you know, and us being able to, like you said, not be purple.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And you know, if you look at most of the biggest this is American verge I'm talking about, they still in general use Annie Lebowitz, and I'm always confused by that because there are plenty of black men and women, even in New York State. They can take a picture and I'm like, if you're going to shoot, you name it. You know. Most of the black covers sometimes I use Tyler Mitchell, which is great. He was the first black man to shoot the cover. He did Beyonce in twenty eighteen. But in general it's usually Annie, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, but don't make demands. That's also part of the problem too, you know, we act as if we don't have agency. Right, I mean, and they don't want to lose an opportunity, so they're not going to make any changes. They're not going to make any challenges. And that's why people don't align me, because I'm going to be like no, or I'll do it if Like when I did Essence, I did a shoot for Essence in Grenada, and they wanted me to do my shoot at this hotel in Grenada that was built by an Egyptian man who does not live in Grenada, and he was able to get citizenship by doing so. He built a wall that impeded a view that Grenadians in that part of the island had of the sea for how many decades? And now he come on build a wall. The Grenadians came and teared dumb the wall. But then the government said, nah, man, the bank paid the money, so he get to build the wall, and so he gets to build this wall. They had this hotel at the time. I don't know if it's changed yet, but at the time, it's not like they were using agriculture from the island, you know, it's not like they're actively in cohesion and symbiosis with the island. So why would I come and do my photo shoot for Grenada in this hotel. There are hotels on the island that are owned by Grenadians. There are also hotels on the island that are staffed that may not be owned by a Grenadian, but are owned by people who actively pour back into the economy of Grenada. So I said, I'm not gonna do it unless I can do a shoot that is reflective of the island in the way that the people of the island want it to be reflected, which is in its ecology. Right. It's strength. Its strength is in its ecology and its commitment to it, to preservation of culture in ways that other islands, unfortunately haven't been able to do because of the just impact of colonization. But like, I'm only bringing this up because they could have said no, and then I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have Yeah, but not every I mean, look at Simone Biles for example, Right, It's like, I don't know when she got that big cover.
Speaker 2: You know, you mean the Simone Biles who cheered Wait wait, wait, you mean the Simone Biles who cheered of excitement and exaltation when there were three black women who were on the podium at Worlds You mean that Simone Biles, like, I need y'all to stop giving these people passes, like they don't know what's up. Simone Biles is a black woman in gymnastics, and I will tell you now missing we have always been the because I was in gymnastics, We're always the one black girl. You're always you mean someone Biles who comes from a foster home, whose mother could not have her and her whole siblings because she was an addict. Simone Biles is acutely aware of race.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that, but I'm saying when she.
Speaker 2: May say, yeah, right, but you, for instance, had people to telling you don't do Palestine, but you were like, hmmm, I can't know.
Speaker 4: It's it's growth, it's growth, right, it's this five years ago. You know, I don't think I would have been in this place. And I don't think you've always been in this place? Have you always been in this? Just like this?
Speaker 2: Wow, I've literally always been like this. You can ask anyone, Like in high school, I led a whole movement in the theater program when the whites were mad because there were three black leads that were doing the black leads in the shows. Ask anybody and they will tell you she's always been like this. But I also came from a home that was very like I grew up listening to Bob Marley, like that was my lullaby music, you know what I'm saying. So I think that's just I think there's also something real about our DNA, you know, And what's what we show up with in our physical being and how that gets shaped and what get what? What is the catalyst for that turning up? I mean, I'm still in touch with my first grade teacher, who when we first got back in touch, she was like, I have a bone to pick with you. I'm like, oh, my first grade teacher, I had a bone tom with me, and her bone was she said, in your comedy special, you said that you learned the Negro National Anthem in tenth grade, but you were singing then the Negro National Anthem in first grade. I had you all singing the Negro National Anthem in first grade. I had it up on the wall because she was like, I didn't want black children to be like her. Majority of my school was black and Mexican, and she was like, and I didn't want y'all not knowing what the real deal is. Even if I had to make you say the pledge of allegiance. So like, these types of things are instilled in you early and you know you either are able to carry them forth. But you know, Simone is a young she's a young I wouldn't use her as an example just because you're right, she's a young person like she had at the time.
Speaker 4: Also a big American vote cover. They would have told her it's a huge deal, and she probably would have been because it's outside of her world. Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 2: I just folks had circles around them that we're on code and so often we're not because the code is money, the code is access, the code is visibility, and I sacrificed that because that doesn't have value to me in the way that it did when I was like at one point, so even if I had been woke forever, I still had people around me that were like, you should do this, and then I'd have like, yeah, nah, But those people were still around me though, you know, like because you're supposed to have around you.
Speaker 4: So why have we got from Langston Hughes, from Nina Simone to Pharrell thing he doesn't well, you know what he said, why have we got in the seventies.
Speaker 2: In the seventies we had the Black Power movement, but then we also had simultaneously the Southern Strategy and Nixon saying what we're going to do is we are going to bring black people into capitalism, and instead of us actually shifting the systemic racism that takes place, we are going to sidle them but surreptitiously treat it as a goal that they can achieve economic freedom and that they are now able to do so. And so that's what it became. And then you put drugs in a community, and you give people the ability to capitalize at the same time as they're killing their own community, and you give these same people who you continuously you are continuously suppressing and oppressing, right, So that's the thing. It's like, there's no, it's completely it makes perfect sense to me why you would have black capitalists because the oppression never stopped. So like the the seeing it happened in front of your face all the time. Yeah, never stopped. And so you're like, well, I got to get out of this, get out of this.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of American brothers and sisters messaging me. They were not upset that they were challenging. I did a one hour interview on Middle East Eye and I brought up the fact that the NBA and NFL is a really good example of not us not recognizing our collective power. That's nice, you know, you look at I don't know what percentage of the NFL is black, I mean.
Speaker 2: Enough to say the vast majority.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I said, it's crazy to me that, you know, someone like Lebron James doesn't wake up and you know, and this is why they pay him and others so much. It's hard to have that bird's eye view perspective of saying, why do we just go and raise the money ourselves and set up a co op set up only the European players, that the white players that are good at using European they're going to come with us anyway, right and have real ownership. And then you look at the NFL, which in many ways is even worse because so many of the owners of the NFL teams are just just.
Speaker 2: Read this comment. This is what this is how we get for reals.
Speaker 4: I see Lord and he has Lord in his name.
Speaker 2: And love. But this is but is it.
Speaker 4: A human or bot? I mean, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it doesn't matter because they'll still be humans that respond to the bot. Right, But this is very much the thought process. Just shut up and get your money.
Speaker 4: M hmm, don't try yeah mm hmm. Well I mean getting them. Yeah. And that's that's the ir that's what the because.
Speaker 2: You know what, the other part of the of the of the NBA in the NFL, is that many of them, more NFL than NBA, are shaped by white men in their young lives in coach.
Speaker 4: Coaches who do not have the politics that recognize as the humanity of black and brown bodies, which is which I find so interesting. Right if you and then you look at the quarterbacks, like I'm forty seven, I you know, we didn't have black quarterbacks to what nineties.
Speaker 2: Nineties, like when Mike Nick was a quarterback. People were like, this is impossible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we were the Bucks, right you shut up?
Speaker 2: Well they said they literally said we're not smart enough. Not I and read the shit said we're not smart enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And so I say that, I say, I say, actually, you know that the structure, the power structure on the field was well plantation based as as I'm concerned, right, and people like, what are you talking about and I'm like, better, look at it, just look at it. And how do we have the level of wealth that is in the NBA in terms of fifty million one hundred million? And you're telling me ten players couldn't get together and buy a major chunk of the team. You know, I think they're like three owners and those are you know, the the you know, the Michael Jordan's and their Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know if you like Claren Kaepernick kneeled for awareness around police brutality and the entire league didn't kneel with him.
Speaker 4: And then as a life, I mean you know that they have they even Spike Lee's doc have they pulled it? I don't think that's coming out.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know it existed.
Speaker 4: There's a big doc Spike's been doing for a long time on Caps Life, and I don't We'll see. HBO has just been bought, so we'll see. But I heard it's not, well, did it get bored? There's a new offer? Right? I thought it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about it a little later Larry Ellison and Oracle, So tell me this in this climate, how is it different in Britain in terms of creating if at all? Because in the United States, it's become damn near impossible for folks who want to create in the network system or in the studio system, you can't. You're not going to be able to create anything that is subversive, let alone that is that is black, let alone subversive. Right, Like, I grew up seeing so much black creativity and it's been withered and withered and withared to the point now where when I am scrolling, I genuinely don't see much of anything. And when I do see black people, we're in movies about cops, or we're in movies about politicians. So I'm curious in the British side of things what it looks like.
Speaker 4: Well, I think in the traditional mic and is I mean, it's all about money, right, Who's going to commission what? And you know, the first one I made with Netflix was because it was a guy. You know, it was a black woman, Fiona Lambti there was head of commissioning. Se then has left, right, And I think a lot of people are realizing that, And I think Gaza has everything to do with it, because there's a renaissance of what the consumer wants to see. So if you look at their three films, out voice of Hand. All this leftters you and Palestine thirty six. They're selling out in every single cinema, right. They all had to hustle like phone calls from uncles, aunties, rich rich every rich friends that you think care, and they have the film's finance. But what they've did, all of those films outside the studio system. Water Melon Pictures has been set up, yes, which is which which I my film has? They have a global rights to buy film right people, And what what I've.
Speaker 21: Learn, it's incredible because they're saying they're saying, we're just going to look at the blueprint of what has been done for the last hundred years, but do it with a with a global.
Speaker 4: Lens, and the consumer wants it. So what's going to happen now is that people are going to be flying to meet banks in the global South, to meet culture funds. I know three culture funds which I can't speak about, that are being set up by people of color. Right, there are parts of the Arab world that are like, oh, we shook we you know, we've been buying football teams, We've been buying useless truth pets. We're not going to make that mistake again. For the price of two yachts, we can have ten years of podcast being commissioned currently, TV shows, films, So that's all being built now. And I think a lot of folks that know how to move and where to move are going to be finding pocket of fiscal availability outside of the European and North American and making things. This is the other thing. Making the films that we never got to see. Palistein thirty six feels huge, right, but it is just one story. And how many films have we seen about Laverture and the Haitian Revolution? How many films have we seen about the Congo genocide and Leopold? How many films have we seen about the Mau Mau massacre. How many films have we seen about the Bengal famine. I can go on all day. People want to see that, and they're now going to be made and we don't have to ask permission of racist usually men that are sitting in their la offices trying to think that we are the only gatekeepers that you know, allow us to tell our stories. And you know, Tyler Perry, movies get made. Oprah is allowed to do what she does for a reason, you know, you know, we have to ask ourselves. No, But I know why hasn't Ne Tyler can make a movie about Luvita so for a good financial movie about you know, the Dema Mile massacre, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you would think they did roots, you know, for the and it's like, how many times we're going to do ruths? How much new there's there's there's new knowledge about old things that need to be shared. And we don't even have any history after nineteen forty five. You're in the United States, missen, you would think that nothing happened after nineteen forty five, Like Martin Luther King was alive and then he died, not assassinated, he.
Speaker 4: Died Like I mean, I've just got that book, have you? Did you get the book without Sanctuary? Have you got that book yet?
Speaker 2: No? Without Sanctuary?
Speaker 4: I mean, America is so fucked about the Christmas the lynching Christmas cards. Well, not you, but Americans used to send themselves. So it's an extraordinary book that goes into detail. I mean this was this was a real practice where someone would send a relatively picture of a lynched black woman or black man as a Christmas card, and somebody needs to do no, no, and someone needs to do the documentary. And I know people don't want to see it, but I think of him every day. I don't want to get emotional now, but I think of George Skinny Junior every day. And Ava Devernet touched on it. But he needs his story told properly. You know, and people sometimes argue whether whether the Bible bit is true. You know that he was too small, so they made him sit on the Bible before they electrocuted him. You know, youngest person to be electrocuted. I don't even it doesn't matter they executed. They electrocuted a child in America for a crime that he did not commit. And that story, outside of little mini ten minute segments, has never been told. So yeah, that you're right. There are stories to be told and it's not And people say, oh, I'm tired of all the trauma and blah blah blah. Listen, if we talk about how many movies have been made about a singular story, I think of all the history lessons I had at school. They're just telling me the same story.
Speaker 2: I know more. I know more about the Holocaust than I did about my own people. I could tell you about Crystal knocked the Nuremberg Trials. I can tell you about the Warsaw Ghetto, the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. I can tell you about Dachau and Auschwitz and.
Speaker 4: Many great films, many great films.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm telling you I knew that from school. I knew that from school. I can sing the Drado song, Oh Drado, dradl Drado, I made it out of like can I can do all of that? However, I didn't do to Zionism.
Speaker 4: Do they teach you about Congo, Congo? About Leopold? Okay, we didn't learn.
Speaker 2: About I mean, we barely learned that Africa.
Speaker 4: Existed, So they didn't talk about ten million jenes, No, ten million hands being chopped off with kids, none of that.
Speaker 2: None of it. We haven't in the United States. I mean you have to really be intentional about your children or yourself learning the length that this nation has gone to exhibit harm against everybody who is not wife and then you go to a whole other level to see who the whites that they exhibited harm against because they wasn't okay with the app relations. Yeah, and so you know, we find ourselves at this really important zenith where which is why I refer to myself as an artistic intellectual where the necessity for art to educate is again back to It's no longer just like a subcategory. I feel like it needs to be the category that we're creating in, you know, because like for a lot of time, it's felt like, you know, can't we just have like a feel good film?
Speaker 4: No, no, no. And also I don't know how you know, in the art I've got a big exhibition of my photographs and again everyone's like saying, miss and put the BLM stuff, put the climate, put the quip, you're going to do so well, the art world's going to love you. I'm like, it's fifty percent images of Palestinian solidarity and resistance on three continents because that has been my lifetime. This the biggest single protest movement that I've ever witnessed with my lens. And again I put it all in a black owned gallery and it's become the busiest gallery show in London by quite a mile. But the big part is I'm in a position that I can force that issue to happen. The bigger question is if you look at the top ten black artists in the world, you know, what's the term they use blue chip artists. What are they saying about the world as we know what? No, no, no, I have to say, they'll be showing at the Googenheim, and they'll be showing here. But if your revolutionary work m makes rich folk comfortable.
Speaker 2: It ain't at the same time, then it makes them richer.
Speaker 4: Well as an asset class. Yes, of course, you know, yes, of course. But the thing about art is that when it's really dangerous is when it goes beyond that and that the people want it, then it becomes part of the zeigeist anyway, right, And I think I never waited to ask permission to do any of the things that I'm doing in terms of you know, if I have There's there's an image I have in the gallery that says fuck white privilege, with a woman wearing a mask laying Trump stinks. And somebody walks in saying, you know what, why would you have this in an exhibition? And I said, for the very reason that you have the infantry to sit there as a white person and ask me why I would have that in an exhibition is the reason why it has to be in the exhibition. And now go do the work. On yourself, right, you know. So I don't know how it does in America, but I think the museum system is the gallery system. A lot of people that are black, that are doing very well, are very, very scared. That's why Amy Sherrold is just a legend because she's I know, you're not going to do that to me. You know, she found she found a space where her work could breathe and be what it's supposed to be. They are not many Amy, Cheryl's out there.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, well, that's what you were saying before though, right, I mean, like there there's like little pepperings of us in various spaces, and why that's also why it's so imperative that we all remain connected.
Speaker 4: And And to ask you what was your your lowest point in the last two years, because I know you've been vocal about all of this for a long time before October, but I know for most people it became I mean, I look at I mean miss Rachel's hiring security now, right, I mean, it's just it's it's out of it's out of control. Was there a time in the last two years where, not because people aren't necessarily after you, but the pure medieval violence reigned upon men, women, and children, but particularly children. For me, was there a moment where You're just like, I don't know what to do. I'll say anymore.
Speaker 2: February of twenty twenty. For I remember, I was just talking about this last night with my homegirl. Was I was sitting in my car in my garage. I had just come home. I was sitting in my car, I was on the phone with my homegirl, and I remember just sitting in the garage at the dark, talking to her and saying like, I just can't get like I don't want to kill myself, but it feels like I'm dead, Like it feels like death, Like I feel like I know what death is, and I am in a cloud every single day, like depression of But it wasn't. And the thing about it is that it was more, actually, if this is even possible, it was more than simply just the images that I was seeing out of Palestine. It was also simultaneously really understanding the complete deprivation of the nation that I'd lived in, of the system that I'd been supporting, so somewhat, you know, even on a democrat level of the world. And so it was a complete ego death of what I knew or thought I knew. But it was also a complete death of my existence, you know. So, I mean, it's just like watching Alderan be eviscerated and I I could. I mean, people saw me crying on Instagram every day. It was just and had I had to get on Lexapro. I mean, I had to get on because I just realized, like I mean, I developed ibs. Like I mean, it was just like, you can't you can't manage, like and I had to really meet myself at the reality of like, you can't manage, and you are dealing with a force that is not something you're making.
Speaker 4: Up, that is well organized, incredibly unemotional and in his long term intention to do what it needs. I mean, it's it's straight up Star Wars. And but the thing that makes us so much worse than Star Wars, apart from it being real, is that the you know that there was something, it's been removed from the Internet so I can't find it anymore. Of a child that was in the rubble, and she you could only see her head and the guys couldn't dig her out. She was in a position that they couldn't dig her out, and they knew that she was dying, and they knew and didn't have and they I talked to her and then one of the guys was playing with her hair, my sister, and she was there's something she didn't know she was dying, you know, and they were having and I locked myself. I have two little girls. I loved myself in the toilet. And you know, there's there are different types of crying, right. There's the kind of tears rolled down and you're like, you know, and then there's like I do that a lot, but this is the first time I can remember, at least in my adult life, no I wailed. I wailed. I I sounded like like an animal was it wasn't I didn't sound like you know. And and then then from that whiling, I would then go into one of because I wear many hats right, a work environment surrounded by people that are trying to tell me that this is exactly how it's supposed to be, and that can make that can I can see why people lose their minds? You know, Yes, it's.
Speaker 2: Because you know, and this is why it's so necessary to keep making the things right and doing the things, and I I'm going through that now with Sudan and the couso and hearing the stories that are coming out of there are a whole other level of retrobate. Reprobate. So it's it's you know, and you're you're trying to somehow. I feel like we're having to create a cellular capability that allows us to see it and its horror without becoming calloused. And thus, like the processing of it has to be not how do I not feel when I see this? But how do I become action oriented when I see this? Donis Yeah, it's a conscious decision I've had to make around how to take in this this information, you know, And then you see people like Hillary Clinton and Sarah Horowitz running around talking about, well, you know, the problem is really that people are watching TikTok, not the fact that there's acide happening.
Speaker 4: It's not the bombs. Yeah, and the arrogance. And this is the thing about confirmation bias, her level of arrogance. And you know, when you see someone like her saying, and she's fundamentally saying that when it all boils down to it, the only answer is violence. She can use all the you know finery that you know it. She's just saying the bombs have to drop and they have to continue dropping. And the the pure white supremacist viewpoint of her world is extraordinary to me that she can sit. And the second interview she did, the guy actually tried. He tried to push back and he goes, yeah, but what about the baby? I mean he tried, and she's like, well, war is war? I'm like, is it is that?
Speaker 2: What's happening in Ukraine?
Speaker 4: H don't let me start with that. I called I'm ambassador to Save the children and I got very frustrated with UNICF. So the two biggest charities, not with UNISF but because there's some amazing people at UNICEF, but the biggest ambassador for UNISF from a British point of view is somebody called David Beckham. I'm sure you've heard of and I remember vocal. Well, he wasn't doing anything like that for the last two years for Palestinian kids, yet he was incredibly vocal for Ukrainian children. And I don't mind if you're rich, I don't mind if you're famous. You can get on with your life and enjoy it. But if you choose and this is where we get into an issue with me. If you choose to be a children's good will ambassador, right, and there's a place that is the size of a postage lamp with a million children, that has had six Hiroshimas dropped on it, and you haven't said anything, and your good will ambassador for the biggest children's charity in the world. I have a problem with you. Either you relinquish that or you these children. And I will say, I just need your voice, just speak say something. It really matters. In the British cultural setup. He is someone that he can get a meeting within one hour with the Prime Minister. This is the way things are set up, right, it is what it is. There's something you know, You've got your knighthood, you've got all your things, but you see, you are still a children's ambassador. And I found that extraordinary to me, the amount of good will ambassadors for children in the last two years that were completely and utterly mute in the biggest attack on children that we have seen in the generation. You know, just just.
Speaker 2: Because white children's ambassadors, they're they're they're ambassadors in really just the regard of and they may not even know this, but they're really just tools for soft power because a lot of the actual services being provided to the children that they are the ambassador for are done so with an attachment to some level of leverage or leverage or power that is being carried out. So like when you see someone like Bill Gates or you see the United States government somewhere helping kids, it's never done in altruism. It's never done in altruism. It's always done in an exchange of power, whether it's militarized or I can right. So then you they get celebrities who come on board to be the children's ambassadors, which sounds very noble and very like weak care. And those celebrities don't realize that while they are simultaneously also building up their own face and their own you know, report reputation for being a good person, they are actively supporting systems that are in place to actually diminish these people's safety. So it's a part of the NGO, you know, nonprofit system that really does not seek to solve problems. So I'm feeling particularly skeptical today, cynical today. So you're getting a lot of you're getting all the.
Speaker 4: No but you know, we've you know, but you know we've we've this two years. You know, I look back and I think none of us, none of us, are ever going to be the same, you know, the whatever whatever veil that was on. For me, it's just all gone right, and I'm not alone. But what's amazing is that a lot of other people And this is what gives me hope, because sometimes you're like, where's the hope, Where's is that a lot of people on beginning to go on a journey to like, oh shit, the Democrats, the Republicans just bomb everyone. That being right or center or left depending on where you live doesn't mean that you're not bombing people. And then you because I remember one of the big wake up calls for me was I'm not American, but I will say that if I was, I would be obviously a progressive, left leaning Democrat. And I'm like, how can I you know, I watch Joe Biden. But even that's not enough go on camera saying that.
Speaker 2: But everything you just said, that's not even a thing like, that's not being a progressive, left leaning Democrat. You're still a part of the liberal system that upholds all the ship.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's the thing that I think if I was American, my wake up call to that would have been the Biden administration in the last eighty years.
Speaker 2: I see, I see, and I think, Okay, so you know what, I agree with you, because I not agree. It's not the word I was there. I was. I was that person.
Speaker 4: Hmm lin the Thomas Greenfield like you know, Auntie. I did a post saying, how am I going to tell my daughters? This is the sort of person that I used to think I would tell my daughters about for them to look up to, right, And I'm like, what am I going to say? And I had a whole bunch of folks get in the comments saying, miss and have you looked at her? CV, it's better to have one of us in the room, And I said, no, it's not. If that room is erasing a people, then I don't want any of us in it, right, or even better, the person that wasn't it If they want greatness, right, if it's about the cult of individualism, if they want legend, resign exactly, resign Pamla Harris, if she had resigned saying this is a crazy old man. I can't deal with him. Resign, do not wheel out Bill Clinton to dearborn and have him say things to Arab Americans like Judean Samaria, are you mad?
Speaker 2: Are you mad?
Speaker 4: Bring go and bring a palace in the person, Bring a progressive Jewish person, bring them together, stand there and saying this, we need to cease fire. This is if you if you don't at that stage once you use the word genocide, but you can use all kinds of ethnic cleansing other terms, But do not wheel out Clinton to a place with more Arab Americans than anyone else and expect that anyone under twenty five is going to care any white, black, brown people that are just on the side of like this is this is crazy. And of course any traumatized Arabs who are in diaspora seeing children in their image and their limbs removed being eaten by dogs. This is not dogs. What do we what? You know? Anyway, So that's what you do instead of us saying, no, we celebrate any of us that are in the room. Which room, If the room is just ripping with blood, why should we be inside?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what Martin Luther King said. Doctor Doctor Martin Luther King Junior said, you know, I feel like I've integrated my people into a burning house. And what he meant by that was he thought that the United States had some level of moral code and it does not, and so he has literally ushered his people into an immoral, unethical space where they are now going to be used against themselves.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean he can't even read, so he's probably got so much CT. So we have one question from our bridge across the pond, Reese, who asks a pleasure to witness this conversation. Also, mister Harriman, I'm friends with Nadia so Wilha and Mark, so this is wondrous intersection going to the new year. Do you have any further activism projects?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nadia is a Jordanian British treasure. So's her amazing husband Mark. She has been a real deal since the very beginning. I have photographed her reading the names of murdered children outside the houses of Parliament. I love that woman with all my heart. Yeah, look, I've got my projects. Why why I photographed black children with down syndrome. So I'm trying to find a way to so again with my lens, I point to communities and places that don't always get the recognition I've had the honor of photographing so even within Down syndrome, they have just in general, they raised black children right, and I don't know if you know, Down's children are all angels, and to have black babies with Down's big, you know, photograph of me, it was more important to me than any celeb that I've ever shot. So I'm trying to make sure We've done a few little shows and exhibitions, but that's a big program that I'm trying to reach others' I'm trying to get into Sudan. I'm trying to get into Congo with my camera. I was in Somalia and Hiro. With some of the projects that I'm working on. It's it's getting harder and harder for me to get into certain places. I want to get to the West Bank, but I'm on a very very very very naughty list with you know who, so my safety isn't guaranteed there that I'm just going to keep pointing my lens and then I'm shooting my next my next movie as well. So so are you.
Speaker 2: Allowed to talk about that or not allowed? But are you interested?
Speaker 4: What two things I'll say about films The one that I'm hoping to shoot next year is about addiction and redemption in a forgotten America, starring a major one of the great actors of our time, a black man. That's all I can say. The second one, which is in development and you'll love this, and I'm developing a movie about a Beyonce level pop star that has her private jet. Let's say she's in Grenada or whatever. It stops working and she's without her team. She's stuck in an island and she goes down a Reddit rabbit hole and realizes that she is literally the face of capitalism of a supremacist ecosystem from Fast Fashioned and it's a comedy akin to Don't Look Up and Remember where. The movie basically starts with her being isolated, gone down a rabbit hole, and she tweets free Palestine, Freesuodown, free Congo, and it's like deaf Con seven, like they call the presidents and call the President, And it's about what the team in New York and LA are trying to do to mitigate this, and the journey that this star has on realizing the inherent power of this immense audience that they've been given because This is why I keep bringing up celebrities, you see. It's that not because I see them as some messianic figures. It's that they won the land grab of the real estate that for now we're stuck with. If you look at the top ten most followed people on Instagram alone, it is four coverians, three or four footballers, Taylor, Beyonce, what have you, and the total following is almost four billion people. Right, this is this is obscene. And they they can literally once a week do a post with a fund raiser, right that could raise more money than every single humanitarian organization can find. And they wouldn't have to leave their bedrooms. Okay, so I'm not asking them to become revolutionaries at the tip of the spear of any movement. I'm saying, now you've got the land grab usup it and then use it. And you're too rich to be to even need to be worried about being canceled. How can you cancel jay Z and Beyonce?
Speaker 2: Oh well, and Swiss Beats. You know, I look at Alicia Keys and Swiss Beads. You know, Swiss Beats is out here being Muslim, you know, with the name business Muslim. He grew up in in that context. His name is Cassim, his son's name is Cassim. And they have not said anything because they will get phone calls or they'll lose their money, et cetera. You know, and Alicia Keys loves to talk about you know, civil rights and blah blah blah, and some people will say, well, maybe they're doing stuff in the background. And I guess what I would say now is that the days of doing stuff in the background is no longer. It's it's we cannot continue to support surreptitious support because you're if you're actively also supporting in silence.
Speaker 4: And you cannot have hundreds of millions of followers and not use that. It's like said, it's like you have this reach. And Muhammed Ali, for example, before social media, and this is what Mayweather has always got frustrated about in terms of not being called the great, is that most people today, if you see posts about Ali, it's not him fighting in the ring.
Speaker 2: No, it's him with Malcolm X, It's him schooling aponous white interviewer. You know, it's him talking about being a person a faith of character, right of revolutionary radical mindsets to this day that to this day, we're the right moves, you know what I mean, Like, there's no, there hasn't been like some you know, some type of epiphany where people are like, man, he made the wrong choice. No, he was actually right the whole time, with.
Speaker 4: His whole chest on prime time right. And this is this is exactly what a Pharral or a jay Z Street you would think this stage in their career, like what are they upholding? What are they play? I get I almost understand playing the game together there, but when you are in the room, the whole point is to remember why you wanted to get in that room. Right.
Speaker 2: But then Jon tried to open a casino in the middle of New York City. So, and people will say, but they also do good things, And I'm just like, why can't you just do good things? Why? Why? Why is why is there like a give and take? Why why I don't understand that?
Speaker 4: So and even for the pasign. Now, you know, if people say, well, you know, black folks talk about black folks, then they should talk about Congo and how about that?
Speaker 2: Fine? And you can't talk about the Congo and Sudent without yes, yes, but.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, your too. I'm saying to advance, you're going from iOS three to iOS fourteen.
Speaker 2: Listen, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 4: My pleasure, my pleasure, thank you so much. Just before I go, I will say this about Congo. Imagine if jay Z, I don't know doctor Dre Pharrell pulled up Tim Cook at Apple and said, Tim, you have one trillion dollars cash reserves. It would be a rounding era to set up a thirty billion dollar fund to make sure that no child under eighteen is anywhere near the mining system, right, to make sure all the schools, hospitals are built, roads built, that the best conga lese mines in country and in diaspora are leading this charge in making sure a country that should be richer than Saudi Arabia, that is fueling the future. This Aim Cook would say.
Speaker 2: Tim Cook would say, I don't have the power because that's and that's the other part is that the people that we think are running the show ain't even running the goddamn show.
Speaker 4: True. But if you had Lebron jay Z, the people that shape culture actually speak in one voice about this thing, it will I think it would trying.
Speaker 2: To get into But this is the thing, like I don't even want I don't I actually don't want them to just speak. Like what what made Princess Diana so you know, crazy to the to the monarchy was that she physically went mm hmmm, you know, like she physically went and spoke to people. She physically went and walked through the land mines and apparently Palestine was next on her agenda, and they took her out. I believe that they took her out. It's alleged, but that's my belief. I say that to say it actually isn't enough for them to just go to Tim Cook. I think that there's something very real about the fact that these people have the money and the safety and the capability to.
Speaker 4: Bring things to a yeah, to do them. So I forget how wealthy they are.
Speaker 2: I mean like it's like next level the wealth is next level the wealth reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know we're going to go. You're amazing. Are you ever in London?
Speaker 2: I would like to be. I would like to be. I need to be. I need to be. I need to be on more international spaces and whatnot. So I am trying to do more podcasts from you know, having and not just like in an ambitious mindset but in a we need to be having like these cross connection cost cultural conversations. Part of what has been so problematic in the United States is that we've really been siloed and that has limited our ability to be useful for not only ourselves but for the world. And so there has to be a geopolitical consciousness that is actively pursued. So I'm making it my business to try to have more conversations outside of the United States sphere. And so if you know any podcasts on the international stage that you think I should connect with, let me know.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, thank you for having me. Thank you, So I wouldn't say I won't say happy holidays, because I genuinely think it is this time where we need to recognize that eighty Congo, Sudan, Palestine, this is the time you need to think about what you're going to do about it. Whilst you're a home over fed, think about it. For me, my film Watermelon Pictures, just follow them. They're gonna, you know, show in the chat.
Speaker 2: So he'll put it in the chat again, y'all, And thank you so much for the work that you do. And yeah, let's let's continue. And sending me to the eleven DMS. Let me tell you something. Massan is gonna send you every.
Speaker 4: Post so you know, you know, when I meet someone that is on my spectrum, I love it right because there's a friend of mine Lisa Morris, so she sends even more than I do. I have. I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just no, no, no. Honestly, when I read you're in your your IG bio today, I was like, oh, that's why.
Speaker 4: Fully, I'm not trying to that's me trying to limit myself.
Speaker 2: I respect it. I respect it. I'm telling you. Once I saw the bio today, I was like, oh, I get it now, I understand where a can mine is more compartmentalized. I have very specific people that I send specific things, Like some people they get all posts that I see about mushrooms. One person he gets anything I see about FIREFLI because I know he loves fireflies. My homeboy Luke is going to get anything that is wizards, Lord of the Rings and animals being cool. And it's very very specific. I used to send somebody whales, but they fell off my list, so no more will posts. It just is what it is.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, well that makes me feel at better.
Speaker 2: What Oh you felt bad. I'm sorry, apologies. I wasn't trying to I was just kidding. I was just having a laugh.
Speaker 4: You know that. I absolutely love the idea that no one can pretend to be who they're not online, Like if you look at the behavior of all of us, it's us. It's us, right, you know, like it is who you are. And I love when people pretend like they think that they're it's us.
Speaker 2: They're playing there, they think they're playing five D chess.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, it's just you.
Speaker 2: Excu Well, I'm glad we got to meet digitally. I look forward to us meeting in person.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I will make it my business to watch the film now that I actually it's like when i'm home, I don't get time to do anything. When I'm on the road is when I actually get time because I just between doing things. I'm like, oh, I can watch stuff. So I will be watching the film before.
Speaker 4: My film watch the Voice of hind Red job please please watch.
Speaker 2: Off noted Jens. We really don't have a lot of time because I have to go somewhere, so I just want to run through some things with you all before we go. Actually, the most important thing I want to run.
Speaker 4: Through with you.
Speaker 2: All is Indonesia. So let's just get into because we've really covered a lot this show. We've really covered a lot safety. I want some news right.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: Climate change is not by accident. It is not natural, and that is something that is really being peddled to make people feel like it's not their responsibility to be challenging the ways in which it is being caused. And it's really disconcerting when you see this footage and you understand stand that it can be prevented. The fossil fuel industry is what is causing what is happening, and I don't think people understand that it's really a two plus two thing. You don't have to be a scientist, it's not complicated. It's really something very basic. When we burn fossil fuels, it releases gases into our ecosystem that warm up the space between the Earth and the atmosphere, and that warmth can usually be mitigated. However, because it's happening in such great numbers, it's causing the Earth to mitigate in ways that are causing all of this disaster. So the ways that the Earth is responding to this in order to allow it to exist. Are what's causing the harm to all of the people and animals. The Earth is trying to survive. It is literally being beaten down by human action. I want to show you this video by James Hansen.
Speaker 4: Who is a foster society.
Speaker 22: Our governments are forcing the public to subsidize fossil fuels by four hundred to five hundred billion dollars per year worldwide, thus encouraging extraction of every fossil fuel mountaintop removal, long wall mining, fracking, tarsans, tar shale, deep ocean arctic drilling. This path, if continued, guarantees that we will pass tipping points leading to ice sheet disintegration that will accelerate out of control of future generations. A large fraction of species will be committed to extinction, and increasing intensity of droughts in floods will severely impact bread baskets of the world, causing massive famines and economic decline. Imagine a giant asteroid on a direct collision course with Earth that is the equivalent of what we face now, Yet we dither, taking no action to divert the asteroid, even though the longer we wait, the more difficult and expensive it becomes. If we'd started in two thousand and five, it would have required emission reductions of three percent per year to restore planetary energy balance and stabilize climate this century. If we start next year, it is six percent per year. If we wait ten years, it is fifteen percent per year. Extremely difficult and expensive, perhaps impossible.
Speaker 4: But we aren't even starting.
Speaker 22: So now you know what I know that is moving me to sound this alarm. Clearly, I haven't got this message across. The science is clear. I need your help to communicate the gravity and the urgency of this situation and its solutions more effectively. We owe it to our children and grandchildren.
Speaker 4: Thank you, y'all. That was.
Speaker 2: From twelve years ago. Twelve years ago, that's crazy. Hold on, anyways, this is not something that's happening by accident. And this was twelve years ago, and look it's happening right now still. The Trump EPA removes all mention of human caused climate crisis from public web pages. This is disinformation, misinformation, and I don't know how we can I don't know how we can really challenge it unless we really begin to understand it in a really like real way. And so part of the understanding it in a real way also is in how we understand the land, and I will bring us back to the necessity of indigenous knowledge. And it's not some woo woo concept. It is a actual way of caring.
Speaker 23: If we take care of the land, the land takes care of us. This is about a relationship, a mutual love story. It's not an accident that eighty percent of the world's remaining bio diversity are located on lands managed and loved by indigenous peoples. We have been in relationships with the plants and animals of our territories and waters for millennia.
Speaker 8: We care for each other poorly.
Speaker 23: We have values, inside, strategies and knowledge to offer to the rest of the global community with respect to how to be a part of and care for our environment. This knowledge is essential right now. Can help people and the land heal from ecological crises and colonization, It can help restore the planet, and it can help save us all. By fully respecting and acknowledging Indigenous led approaches to the land, we can help create a better future for all.
Speaker 2: So that is Valerie courtois. She is a national leader in Canada and the Indigenous led conservation and steward and stewardship movement, and she is a part of the First Nations, And you know, I would say that the Canadian First Nations folks, they really are leading the charge in this. I just saw an article and I'll talk about it on Instagram and I'm Patreon about an actual Native American group in the United States getting an ICE contract to actually create detention centers. And I just I had to take a nap. I'm just like, what are we talking about? What are we talking about? So I just want to I want to continue to get our knowledge base up on how we are understanding the climate crisis and how we are fighting it, because it's not something that is just happening in a microcosm. It's happening all over. We're seeing it, whether it's in floods, orange roughts, we're seeing it, whether it's in entire ecosystems losing all of by biodiversity or including coral reefs dying being bleached. So you know, we really are not realistically about about it if we're not including that in our activism, in our organizing, and in our ways of interacting with this world. So I want to make sure that we're getting up on that quick note on Luigi Luigi, things are looking up for Luigi because it looks like Luigi is actually y'all, they played themselves when it comes to Luigi, because real quick, because I do need to go. There was a cop who just showed up at the scene for Luigi. Okay, she wasn't actually a part of the original investigation. She just showed up. And then she leaves, takes his backpack, and it turns off her camera for eleven minutes.
Speaker 12: And one second.
Speaker 2: Turns off his camera, turns off for camera for eleven minutes, meets up with some other cop. Okay, meets up with some other cop. Camera turns back on. Now they showed up at the precinct and there's a gun and a manifesto that's all of a sudden surprise in the backpack. Then they put out this footage of him giving a fake name when he's encountered by the cops, and yeah, okay. Also, he don't got the brows. The brows don't line up. The person who was in that video didn't have hair between the eyes. Bro the setup, bro, this is basic basic. He also never was read his rights. He was like questioned for twenty minutes before he was read his rights. There's further footage where they're literally debating whether a warrant was needed to search his belongings. What again? This lady who took it was her? She wore blue medical gloves. She showed up with blue medical gloves and a detailed defense lawyer Say suggests that she planned to search the bag again and knew what she might find. In her testimony, she testifies that she took eleven minutes to make a nine minute drive and claimed she made a stop to retrieve a McDonald's bag. So, actually, I correct myself. It wasn't backpack. She had the backpack she retrieved at McDonald's back from another officer. But y'all, she said she couldn't remember who the officer was, and she couldn't remember where she met him. You know what, Free Luigi, Yeah, free Luigi. The long way you heard me.
Speaker 12: As a.
Speaker 2: You know, people say things to me quite often about how I am supposed to exist as a leader. They'll tell me that this is what a leader would do. If you or a leader, you would tell us who to vote for. If you were a leader, you would tell us how to process your information. If you were a leader, you wouldn't just give us information without solutions. And I find this fascinating because one of the key elements of educating is allowing students to critically think, to come up with results, to identify solutions. We have lived in a nation that is overmanaged. Everybody has a manager, everybody has a boss, everybody has a director, everybody has protocols and policies and directives, and you know, all these instructions all the time that are literally alleviating you from having to think, to the point where constantly when I am working folks, when I'm working with folks, we have to tell them, just do what you think is best. And so we find ourselves as a nation crippled by weaponized incompetence. So often folks are literally weaponizing their incompetence with insults to me, mad that I am not responding to their perceived incompetence by letting them by telling them what to do. No, I will not tell you what to do, because there has to be a stop. You know, when you take antibiotics, if you don't finish the run of antibiotics, you become obstinate to the added antibiotics. Your body starts to build up a of course, I can't think of the word because I'm so fucking hungry, But your body builds up A say the word for me, y'all, what's the word put in the chat? Somebody knows the words? Your body builds up a come on, somebody, no resistance, thank you. Your body wills up a resistance to the antibiotic. What the antibiotic is doing is coming into your body, and it is filling your body with antibodies that are supposed to fight off the thing. If you don't finish the antibiotic, then instead of your body welcoming in those antibioty antibodies and them then dissipating when they're done, your body starts to actually like interact with those antibioties. Antibiodies. Your body starts to interact with those antibodies. And now it is not going to be as effective the next time because your body is like, oh, we know these niggaves. We got that we have been affected by a psychological operation that operates like antibodies. It has been so consistently disseminated within us for such consistent runs that that we are unable what is happening that is preventing us hold on, that is preventing us from being able to actually be in resistance. So we need to resist the influx. We need to resist the constant necessity to be told what to do and ask ourselves why are we doing something? What are we doing? We have to change the way our brains function. We have to start asking why. If you're telling me that I'm supposed to tell you who to vote for, then you have already now given over yourself to follow me blindly, which you should absolutely not be doing. You should be asking why. And if I'm telling you why somebody is not a candidate worth supporting, you have built into the complaint what your next action should be. And if you cannot figure out what your next action should be, you should be asking yourself why you don't know what the next action should be, not asking me why I'm not telling you. I am not telling you because I want to foster brains that function beyond. I am not telling you because I want to foster brains that function beyond. Colonization and colonized minds are drones. Colonize minds move because they were told to move. Colonized minds don't understand why they're moving, and they don't care. They just want to feel safe. But you need to know that you are safe. And the only way to do that is to have your own thoughts and your own capability of understanding. And that is the type of leadership that I am trying to instill in you. A All right, y'all, it's time to go. We need to eat something, and yes, Adrian to arg yesterday, we have done. I'm going to make sure to create the link for Adreon so all of my subscribers come on over and be a part of the after you have not been a part of the play. All right, So thank you to miss and Harriman for joining. Thank you, of course for Savvy Savas joining. I hope that you guys learned as much as I did today because it was definitely another educational one, which is my favorite kind of show. I will be in Houston, okay, I'm going to be in Houston tonight. I will be in New Orleans tomorrow. I will be in Atlanta on Saturday. All my at aliens, can you please actually let me turn off the music so I can make sure y'all hear this all my at aliens. Can you please get your RSVPs in Okay, go to a Manland Exports or go to Amanda Sales dot com and get your r vps in to come on through. And I'll be in Dallas on Sunday, so make sure that you come and join me for this mission driven book tour. For what would the ancestors say? I wish you all a fabulous rest of your day. And let's see, do I even have thirty sixty second headlines? I mean, are thirty seconds of stillness? I don't even know. I don't forgot my hard drive. I'm just out here. I'm just out here, and I'm pretty sure that I don't have a six thirty seconds of stillness. Damn you know it's killing me. So this is gonna be the first time that we don't have it. No, no, no, I can't. I can't look like that we're gonna have a thirty seconds of stillness. Hold on, hold on, talk amongst yourselves. The bonus question is what is leadership to you? That's the bonus question. What is leadership to you? Because I feel like people don't even know what that word means at this point. They just be saying it, But they don't necessarily actually know what is leadership. They think that it's someone telling them what to do and them not having to think. I don't agree with that as as necessarily leadership. I consider that to be well dictatorship. You're being dictated too, and I don't think that that's useful. Right, So what do you all think? Let's get into We're going to get into a thirty seconds of stillness by hook or by crook. You hear me, by hook or by freakin crook?
Speaker 12: Where is it at?
Speaker 2: Do I even have the graphic and hear y'all? All right? Well you'll get this is the acapella thirty oh here it is boom thirty seconds, Ucy names damn Okay, now I gotta do it again. Thirty seconds Ucy names.
Speaker 3: A man loved Amen, amen, no.
Speaker 4: No, not fine. End