Speaker 1: ONLW fantastic show planned for you. It's the last of the Mohicans if you look at the show as Mohicans, which is kind of weird. On tonight's guest list, doctor Elveda King, who was supposed to be with us last night but had a personal emergency, and she's here to talk about education, not in doctrination as it relates to President Trump's move to dismantle or greatly reduce the Federal Department of Education. She thinks it's a great idea. I happen to share that view Dave Hatter with some tech talk before we're done. At midnight tonight, the fur Ball Andy Furman will be back and he's always got to be in his bonitor or something. Emily Burden Burning of an organization called Let Them Live. This is a fantastic charity that crowdfunds for women who are pregnant to financially support them and convince them to go ahead and have the baby, and not only with money, but with housing. And they just are doing wonderful things. They've stopped over a thousand abortions with their little charity in the last year year and a half that that's been going on. She has that with her husband. Nathan Burning will talk to her about that. Sid Roth a great faith leader and a man who has got some predictions for President Trump's second term, and J. T. Young with some thoughtful commentary. But before any of that happens, my friend Rick Robinson will join us in studio. Next. Let's go get us some nightcap, shall we.
Speaker 2: If Many Ricardo had listened to those who called him a dreamer, he wouldn't have knocked on every agency's door. If he paid attention to those who said he was wasting his time, he wouldn't have spent countless hours perfecting his look. But because he never gave up, he got his big model in break as the before picture in a rectile dysfunction adds. That's the fighting spirit, the same fighting spirit. Mike McConnell brings to your morning the latest news, traffic, weather and more tomorrow morning at five on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Several fall in the Bouncing Ball D D T E G. Missus Robinson. It was number one this week in nineteen sixty eight. And for our first hour on this night cap, we have a guy who's all about nineteen sixty eight. He wrote the book on nineteen sixty eight. Well at least one book on sixty eight and how it correlates and how it resonates with baby boomers. And it's great to have my friend Rick Robinson back in the studio. How are you doing, mister nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: And here's to you, missus Robinson. I have to say that for my wife today because today is today. It was number one on the charts of sixty eight. But you don't think, you don't think, well, you're here. Yeah, my life is trying to no no, no no. I yeah, let me let me think about that before I actually go through and sing Robinson for my wife. Let me let me let me think about that. Maybe I don't want to know the words to that song.
Speaker 1: So we got Reds Opening Day on Thursday, and excitement, national holiday, excitement abounds, eternally optimistic, trust until until that first loss, and then the whole season is completely caput. It's it's amazing how people treat opening Day, especially in Cincinnati. There is absolutely nowhere else in Major League Baseball that this The parade and everything is such a huge event for the whole city.
Speaker 3: I have friends of mine all over the country and actually for years. I used to do a drivetime baseball broadcast in for fifteen minutes in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Now, if you've got if you got somebody who's a drive time in Baton Lusory, Louisiana doing sports, what do you think they talk about? Twenty four to seven three sixty five football. So I get a call one day from this guy I'd known for ever. I'm tied talking number of football. We're gonna stop a little baseball show here and you and me go and talk to bakeball once a week.
Speaker 1: You sound like James Carve was this speech? Impedial that?
Speaker 3: And I, saund and I sound like everybody on the radio in Matain, Bruslan during that time, and for and for twenty five years, gosh we did. We did a broadcast on the local drive time sports network down there once a week. Yeah, we even did did uh hot stove reports, the whole bit. But every year he would want me to break into his broadcast and give a live report of everything happening in Cincinnati on opening day because it was such it is such a unique experience, It is such a you know, where else would you have that? When you know the night before your dad comes in and goes, you know, why don't we skip school tomorrow?
Speaker 1: I got two tickets.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 3: Oh, my goodness that you think about. You know, in any other town they would call juvenile services on you, and in this town, if you don't try and get tickets, still call juvenile services on you.
Speaker 1: That's exactly the beauty of opening today. As a kid, as a little kid, when I first got exposed to baseball. In fact, my first major league experience was a field trip. Our third grade class took from Naperville, Illinois to downtown Chicago to see the Cubs play at Wrigley Field. They'd take us to the museums in the morning and then a Cubs game because we're all day games still at this point in the late sixties, and it was the most magical thing in the world. But I never remember Opening Day being a bigger day than any other time during the season as a Cubs fan. Lived in Saint Louis for a couple of years after that. Sorry to hear that, a little bit old lived in Collinsville, Illinois, and you know, a trip to Bush Stadium was still pretty special. Saint Louis is a great baseball town. There's no question of it that their fans travel always, as we find out when the Cardinals are in town here in Cincinnati, their fans travel very well for a six to seven hour trip. But there's no hoopla and hype around Opening Day in Saint Louis like there is in Cincinnati. It is so unique to this town, and I wonder why is it just the parade? Is it something else? What makes that so magic in this market that you don't see it in any and really big baseball towns like Chicago and Saint Louis. I think it.
Speaker 3: Probably relates back to a lot of the German Irish heritage, the interest in the things that were happening at the time when baseball was coming up, the type of players that were coming through, working class type of people following a working class type of game. When you look back at the when you look back at the history of Cincinnati, I've been I've been lucky enough, Gary, Jeff, I've seen Opening Day at Crosley Riverfront and now great American best one ever though had nothing to do with the Reds. Opening Day had to do with after the Hurricanes came through going down the day of the game, the year Hank Aaron tied bay Ruth record going down. My dad's my dad like here, here's twenty bucks, go down and see who you scalp a ticket.
Speaker 1: It was Marty Brenneman's first game as a Reds broadcast. It was I believe it was. Yeah, and he goes, you know, I go in and think of this today. I mean I bought a first base side lower level C for I think ten bucks on opening day, which which at that time was a heck of a lot of money. I was trying to figure out how to tell my dad that I spent that much for a ticket, you know, half of money, you know, I was. I was able to still buy the hot dog afterwards, but to ten dollars wouldn't get you a whiff of a hot dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten bucks wouldn't get you get you through the coke line.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about you're talking about the carbonated beverage.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that would be after the game when when you when you when you all right about about coke line, about let loose a couple of players names that I could probably have gotten sued for, so I won't.
Speaker 1: Bring that up.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, and I was down front row of the green seats, you know, the second level right as Hank Aaron hit that ball out of the park and I was there for for Hank Aaron's tying.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, amazing stuff. Uh are you going this year?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Uh So I have this uh, this buddy of mine that we've been going to baseball games forever now, Jeff Landing over in northern Kentucky. And we consider baseball the equivalent of monks sitting around and watching a Bonzai tree grow.
Speaker 1: It's a religious experience. You know.
Speaker 3: Everybody else like, oh baseball is boring, Baseball says, oh it was a picture's dull, nobody got here. We consider all that part of the zen of sitting down as a Buddhist monk would do watching a Bonzi tree grow. That is baseball to us, that is that is what it is. We will be We will be at many games this year just sitting watching the field. You know, It's one of those things that's funny, Gary, Jeff, because I'll come home. That's your next book, Buddhists on Baseball, Buddhists on Baseball. We have done so many of these things and I'll come home, my wife will go How was the game, Oh, it's a great game. What did you what did you and Jeff talk about?
Speaker 1: Nothing? What was he mad? No? What did you guys talk about?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I think the third ending. He told me, look at the delivery. Watch this guy on his right arm, how he delivers. And I think the next inning, and I went, yep, and I'm totally fine with that. But but my wife can't understand it. That how we haven't talked about everything under the sun while we're sitting there.
Speaker 1: You worked for a United States senator and also a Baseball Hall of Famer. Yeah, how did how did Jim Bunning regard baseball? Like after his career was over? Did he did? He look at it and that was just a chapter of my life? Was it still very important to him? How did Jim Bunning, the late Jim Bunning think of baseball?
Speaker 3: Well, first off, when he went to Congress, he decided that he was not going to be the quote unquote baseball congressman. Right, he was going to go up be serious. He had a degree in economics, very smart guy. He was going to be known for all of that. And the first day of swearing in, Jim Wright was was.
Speaker 1: Speaker of the House.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember, so here we are, you know, a freshman in the minority party. All of our supporters from northern Kentucky are up celebrating Jim getting sworn in. And about fifteen minutes after the swearing in ceremonies, we're in the office. Everybody's in there, everything else. There's door opens up and in walks the Speaker of the House to a minority freshman in the House of Representatives with his grandson in tow with a baseball in his hand, and he said, he walks in and he goes, got that you got that Texas out sat and said, Jim, my grandson wants a wants to meet a real congressman, you know, one that played in the major leagues. And in walks Jim Wright. And afterwards, I can't think. I think Jim kind of looked around and went, you know, maybe we can adjust this baseball thing. Maybe maybe there's a way to make this happen, use it to his advantage. Absolutely, but he loved baseball even afterwards. Going to a baseball game with a major league pitcher, right is a treat because you'll sit there and as the pitcher is winding up, he'll look at the score, but look at it and goes curveball outside, looks at the board, looks over it, look change up down the middle. Shoot, how did you know that? This guy doesn't you know? It's just it's just the the going and watching it and watching him. It's keep the game. You've got your own color commentation with you in the stands. No that, but he's you know, eighty percent of the time on the pitch calls.
Speaker 4: He was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was absolutely right. If you've been there, you've done that, you you kind of know what's coming next, if the picture is going to be successful, if the picture's not going to be successful, and only a pitcher could spot that.
Speaker 3: Jim was his big thing when he would watch pictures. One thing he taught me to do was not so much watch the picture's arms, but watch the picture's legs. Really if they're using their arm too much. He was always of the opinion they weren't going to last long if they dug down and use their legs to really force that delivery. He thought those were the guys that were going to last longer in the game.
Speaker 1: Would be good picture. Well, I've heard people talk about this during games. Rick where the announcer, maybe a former major league player who's doing color, says, watch the pushuff on the leg. There's something wrong because of the way he's landing with his legs. You're right, it's a full body experience. But and though you're just pitching with your arm, you're going to be done by the third or fourth inning. And if you watch old old videos of Bunning, his glove would actually be on the mound when he would be on the follow through right now. The other fun thing though about being in Bunning's office and being from from Baseball's the guys that would stop by. It would be carry Jip.
Speaker 3: Who's who oh would be you know, a boot pal would always if we had a fundraiser in DC, Boogs Barbecue would come up and be the people that would would be the caterer, the slugger from them or Baltimore Oils.
Speaker 4: Right. Uh.
Speaker 3: Tommy Lasorda was a constant. My god, there were times we couldn't get rid of Tommy Lasorda. I can believe that in the office he would sit down and start holding court in the offices, like, hey, Tommy, Jim's at a committee meeting. He's not going to be back from that's all right, I'll just sit here for a while. Hey, how you doing? How you doing? People are walking up, people walking in to get their tickets to the White House and all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing? Drop some more names? Who else you got on your list? The gun?
Speaker 3: Well, the one that was what was really fun that I that I really enjoyed more than any of them probably was meeting Hank Aaron uh and being able to sit in while Jim and Aaron relived at bats from the old North Dakota League. You know, do you remember when we played that game as such and such?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, that ball, that ball they threw out there. Man, that was a horrible ball. You couldn't get that ball over the warning track. And Jim's like, I remember you hit one off me. That's still going Yeah I did? And what was what was funny? Gary Jeff is like, yeah, that was a three to one count. No, Jim account was full.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: They remember every pitch from every game that they played on this stuff.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The funny part of it is after that conversation, Jim grabs a juice baseball Today's Baseball tosses it over to Aaron. Aaron catches it and he goes, hey, Hank, how many home runs would you have with this ball? You looked at it went hell, Jim, I'd still be playing. That's a great story.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many home runs Hank would have hit if they'd had performance enhancing drugs. He certainly didn't need them.
Speaker 3: You take a look at pictures of Hank Aaron and look at the cannons that were on his forearms. In particular, that man did not need anything to enhance anything.
Speaker 1: She was just a beast of a human. And you look at take a look at an old picture. Don't look at his bicycle, look at his forearms. You know, he looks like Popeye? Did Bunny ever talk about? Because there were major leaguers who were using drugs to enhance their performance mostly I guess back in the day, there were greenies or methamfitamines that were being used. Right.
Speaker 3: That was the whole big rumor during all that timeframe of various different clubs that had that had two different pots of coffee, Yeah, the regular coffee in the clubhouse and the one that was enhanced with greenies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, Jim said that he never saw any of that and the rumors to other people that had who knows, but Jim said he never saw any of that when he was that he was playing enough. He played, and he played a season and a half with the with the Pirates during the time frame right before they got into the trouble that they got into.
Speaker 1: Now, wasn't nineteen sixty eight the Denny McClain year when he won all those games.
Speaker 3: Denny McClain was the big pitch of that year. Funny story is McLain and Bunning. The reason Jim Bunning went to the National League was because of Denny McLain. Really, Jim was playing for the for the Tigers, had a shot at twenty wins, had a shot at leading the league in strikeouts everything else. And the manager there bench team for the last four starts so.
Speaker 1: He could bring up Denny McClain. They had like thirty wins that year.
Speaker 3: After that, it was after that, but brought him up out of the miners, brought him out letting gave Jim a fourth stars and Jim said, if that's what you think about me, I want to be traded. But he and McLain came buddies. And in fact, when McLain got into all of his tax problems and went to prison and gambling and everything else. And when he came out and started his show on Detroit Television, his first guest.
Speaker 1: Was Jim Bunning. Jim Budding, that's wild. You've got enough Bunning stories. We could fill up the whole evening with that. But there's more going on as we lurched towards baseball season an opening day on Thursday, and in the political arena, there is a bunch to discuss, and we will in the next segment if you so indulge me with a little bit more time tonight, Rick, I would be glad to do that. I had a feeling you'd say, I would be glad to Okay more with Rick Robinson in this first hour of this last nightcap before red season on seven hundred WLW, back after the break.
Speaker 5: You throw the ball, you hit the ball, you catch the ball.
Speaker 6: The Skyline Chile countdown to opening day, Haylan Good, It's Skyline time, first ditch in two days on seven hundred wlw's opening day, the home.
Speaker 7: Of the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 8: News traffic and weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati One.
Speaker 9: House tries to downplay a big mistake made by the National Security Advisor with the nine thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now there's been fallout after a journalist that he was accidentally added to a group chat with senior Trump officials which detailed US plans to strike Hoothi rebels in Yemen shortly before they happened. Ohio Congressman Greg Landsman, House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries and other Democratic lawmakers are calling on Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth to resign over that mistake.
Speaker 10: President Trump says an FBI investigation is not necessary, but as much President Trump and his national security team want to put this behind them, many on the Hill are not buying it and are pressing for accountability.
Speaker 9: ABC News is Martha Raddit's Landsman on ex calling for National Security Advisor Mike Waltz to also step down and that there needs to be a full investigation into what happened. Now the latest traffic and weather together taking a look at the major interstates and highways.
Speaker 1: No new accidents now.
Speaker 8: The ladies forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news Radio seven hundred WL jobs.
Speaker 11: It's a colder nine nuture to drop down to the freezing mark under a partly cloudy sky. Our Wednesday forecast will be partly cloudy, high fifty two and in the afternoon probably a few more clouds with some isolated sprinkles. But for Thursday, Red's opening Day, starting at thirty five, warming to fifty nine, it'll be mostly cloudy and now it looks like in the afternoon we'll have some spotty light rain coming in from your Severe Weather station. I'm nine first Warning meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Radar showing that rain beginning to move out of the Greater Cincinnati areas. Will some spotty showers, but more of the heavier rain is now in our eastern counties, Highland, Adams and Brown. Our current temperature forty degrees and the Reds Opening Day four cast brought to us by Pillow Windows endorse the Greater Cincinnati make life brighter this afternoon, A new honorary sign unveiled and over the Rhine that celebrates the life of Jim Scott. The street sign that reads Jim Scott Way now hangs at the corner of Race and Liberty Streets, which is where the Fendlay Market Opening Day Parade steps off. The longtime seven hundred WLW host marched in the parade for more than fifty years, spending several years as the spokesperson. Scott passed away in June at the age of eighty one following a battle with als. During the twenty twenty four parade, Scott served as Honorary Grand Marshal, riding in a convertible Hey priests who served in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati said to be released from prison in the near future. Doesn't want to be classified as a sex offender, and that request has been met with opposition.
Speaker 1: The Group of Highlands for Child Protection.
Speaker 12: I hope the state of Ohio will do a better job of monitoring Jeff Drew and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I'm a priest convicted of rape.
Speaker 12: Gets out of prison summer, but before his release, Drew's asking the course to change his sex offender status. Doesn't want to have to report where he's living. Teresa Dinwhitty Herman tells us Scott Sloan that would be a huge mistake.
Speaker 13: Six staded defenders on average will have one hundred and fifty victims in their lifetime, and we know that they offend through their elder years.
Speaker 12: Dinwhitty Hermas says she's encouraged that hamplicized prosecutor is fighting any change in status for the sex offender. Knni Pillach says the former phrases abused children over and over again and thanks of Able, he'd do it again. I'm Brian Coltstee's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Rret's playing one last exhibition in Dayton tonight with the Dragons winning seven to five. Up next opening day at Great American Ballpark as the Reds will face the Giants Thursday afternoon. Hunter Green has first pitch of four to ten. Here on the Big One. Shawn Miller formerly introduced as the new head men's basketball coach at the University of Texas today. He began by thanking Xavier, calling it an amazing place and being the basketball coach there has incredible meaning to the school. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm Sean Galvagers video seven hundred W Well to be.
Speaker 6: Out seven hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: What could you do with an extra seventy five thousand dollars or even a couple one hundred thousand dollars right now if you own a home act? Oh shut up woman? You bathing Yeah? From nineteen sixty eight, A big head for Aretha, the Queen of Soul start of the scene in the Cafe of the Blues Brothers movie. But the year was nineteen sixty eight when she had that on the charts, had a couple in the hot one hundred this week. According to Rick Robinson, who's our nineteen sixty eight Officionado and back in the studio for this second half hour of the Nightcap, Aretha was an amazing tourive force of a performance.
Speaker 3: She was a fourth of nature. I mean, think about that time frame. I think she Ray Charles, the Four Tops, the Temptations, kind of bringing the whole idea of R and B into the pop culture. And if you think about that at the time, it's really really remarkable.
Speaker 1: Well, if you go back, if you say, for example, you go back four years from nineteen sixty eight. Nineteen sixty four, Tom Jones had his first hit in the States called It's Not Unusual Right. A lot of so called white stations wouldn't play it because they thought he was black the way he sounded, by the way.
Speaker 3: In sixty eight in this week, Yeah, Delilah was on the charts by Tom Jones.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. It's my old karaoke favorite. I used to I used to like lay him out singing Delilah back when I had a voice. So we have alcohol.
Speaker 3: So if we're at the post game for Opening Day at are you going to be singing why Why?
Speaker 1: Why Delilah? Why why why?
Speaker 4: Tito?
Speaker 1: No, would would not be doing that. But I'm looking forward to to the rest of our conversation. Here. Let's turn to politics a little bit. We haven't talked a lot about what's been going on. There was a hearing earlier today. Oh I'm sorry you talking to me. I was just getting text from the Secretary of State about who were invading tomorrow give me a minute, and oh, sorry about that. Well, okay, we're going to do you say that this whole kerfuffle, if you want to call it that or flat is not as harmless as the Republicans are making it sound, and not as meaningless, and it's not as harmful as the Democrats are making it sound. It's not the end of the world, it's not at the end of security in America for our defense. And so you think that both parties are overplaying their hands so far on this particular story. I think there's a great risk of either side taking it too far. Let's start with the Trump side, the Republican side. They screwed up. They screwed up. They had an internal conversation on a separate server app where they.
Speaker 3: Discuss things they shouldn't have been discussing in front of a damn reporter and of all reporters. Yeah, the guy they picked not exactly friendly to the Trump administration ever. I mean, he's been known to make things up before and as we're sitting here. But also remember this is also the group that you know, Trump was also the guy who went after Hillary Clinton for having you know, documents on separate servers all these other things.
Speaker 1: So there's a there's a there's a those are like this is like one text thread that was thirty some thousand emails in ten but but.
Speaker 3: Let's remember everything here is about constant, you know, context and perception. Sure, so as we take a look at that, for the Trump side to go, it's nothing. They have to give some accountability and own up to it.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons I was really looking forward to my candidate, the one I voted for three times, not all in one election, Gary Johnson. No, Donald Trump, the one I voted for three times now for president. One of the things I look forward to with him winning in November would be the ability on the radio to hold him just as accountable as I would hold any other president. And so I'm not one of those at all apologists for everything that his administration does. He was not involved in this chain. It's John Radcliffe, and it's any number of high level security officials the NSA, and these people are all well, I believe they're all qualified to be in the positions they're in. It's all very new. They've been up and running. It look like it really does. It's been less than two months. Remember that, but it may you don't look you know, you don't. I would have expected jd Vance to at least look at who's on the list that it's going out to nobody took a look and went, hell is Jeff doing here? Right? That's the guy from the Atlanta that you're talking on the on the you know that guy? I do not.
Speaker 4: I not.
Speaker 1: I've never met him.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: On the other side, though, I think there's a great problem of it being overplayed by the Democrats. Oh my god, this is the fall of Western civilization as we know it today.
Speaker 1: No, it isn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's a screw up. Somebody needs to be held accountable. They need to be to say what they're going to do next, how they're going to keep this from happening again.
Speaker 1: Should Trump fire? Somebody don't know? That's up.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know the depth of what was in all of the emails. I read the article in the Atlantic, h I didn't, you know. I don't that anybody's read all the emails except for the Atlantic. So both sides I think have a have a have a a problem of either underplaying or overplaying their hand. I think the interesting thing that is going to happen here, Garry Jeff is taking a look at the White House itself. Now you mentioned, as you mentioned, Trump was not in the chain. He was not part of that. But we all know that we have players that in this administration, with the president's approval, that like to play out a position like well, like making it look like a a a little league soccer game.
Speaker 1: Everywhere the ball goes.
Speaker 3: There are several people in the administration that follow it, whether or not that's their Are Miller Stephen Miller's playing in a lot of fields you have, You have people that are you know, you know, is he should he be on should he have been on that email issue?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: You know who knows? I see him so I see him solely as as an immigration guy pretty much, and that's has been his main his main.
Speaker 3: But he but he's also spoken out on some economic things. Yeah, he's on this chain that's gone back and forth. Apparently there's an s M. Everybody's assuming it's him. So as you take a look at it, you know, as I we know, we know a couple of things about Donald Trump is that he lets people play out a position. But he also has favorites that kind of jump and follow back. And he doesn't like to be embarrassed in the press. Yeah, this is embarrassing in the press to him.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think that's something that the President is addressing privately, he doesn't need to do it on a national stage in front of media. He doesn't need to even know. It's hard for him not to do since he's holding a press conference nearly every single day since he took office. But he's going to be sitting back.
Speaker 3: Something's going to happen, and either that either somebody is going to be out of good graces, somebody is going to be demoted, but somebody is going to lose their access to The President has known to famously fire people, yes or eventually be fired. So we will see what plays out over the next couple of days. With all of this, again, Democrats are going to overplay their hand. Republicans are going to underplay their hand. Well, the Democrats they know she's going to be what happens in Trump's inner circle.
Speaker 1: The reason the Democrats are going to overplay their handed they don't have very many cards in their hand at all. They don't have any cards.
Speaker 3: The cards in their hands, and they've yet to come up with a unifying message that can go out and bring in new voters. The oligarch tour with AOC and Bernie, that's just more of the same.
Speaker 1: You know, they talked about how that was completely organic. Those what they claimed were thirty thousand people in Denver. Actually the numbers are more like twenty thousand and eighty four percent. Eighty four percent. They tracked this with GPS. Eighty four percent of the devices in the audience had been to nine other in different places around the country. This was well organized. It wasn't grassroots, It wasn't organic, as the Democrats have claimed that just oh, we decided we were going to Denver and thirty thousand people just showed up. No, they didn't. It was you know, it's a typical political rally that was well organized and well oiled. And for them to suggest that, you know, there's this this this ground swell of people who are dying to hear Bernie and AOC speak across the country is not true.
Speaker 3: You know, on the one of the things that you think about today's technology and everything else, the days of the you know, of the Kennedy rallies, where one of the most important things that the Kennedy team would do is that they expected if they expected a crowd of five hundred people, they made sure they got a room for forty five people. So it just looked like it was pouring out into the hallways. Yeah, so, you know, but can you imagine it with today's technology when somebody would have hacked somebody else's cell phone and figured out.
Speaker 1: That that was all.
Speaker 3: Oh, we expected two hundred people. We just got a room for forty five. We created the fire hazard. But you know, but yeah, that that there's not a message out there right now that is resonating with people. The leading from the Democratic side in the poll I saw this morning, the leading Democratic leader is I don't know, and AOC's second. Well, you know, but they have folks out there who could grab into those additional voting blocks. They just don't want them. Joe Manchin is, oh, absolutely you and John Fetterman, Yeah, Joe Manchin I've met, I've met on several occasions. Joe Manchin is one of the guys who when you walk up to him and you say get afternoon, senator, and he goes taps you on the shoulder and goes, don't do that, Joe, Okay, we're having lunch together. Don't call me senator all the time. Just call me Joe.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, maybe and maybe it comes across the sincere and in the case of Fetterman, maybe more Democrats would benefit from having a stroke and recover. Maybe that's what they need to do.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm really starting to like Fetterman. I I know, I wish he would maybe we could hear. Okay, here's what we're gonna do. You and I are going to go find a black hoodie for his size, and we're going to paint a tie on it. Well, you know, there is a bit of decorum that should take place in the in the in the House, in the in the Senate, and I think, you know, somebody going up to be President of the Senate for a day shouldn't be wearing shorts and a hoodie. But so maybe we let's let's go do that. Let's go let's blame it do I'm a hoodie with it with a tie on it. I like the idea. Do you think humor's done? He certainly is has a ten ear to his own constituency. Well, I'm not his own constituency necessarily to his own to the left wing of that party. Yeah, that's his constituency. Well, yeah, that's his constituency and the US Senate and that in the House. Unless that changes that's gonna spell doom for the Democrats in twenty six and twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I think I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree with you and a particularly what people aren't looking at right now, Gary Jeff, is that the map for Democrats on the Senate side in two years is near impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but what about the the midterms always swing back to the other party. The House is a different creature. House could very easily swing. It's very close. House.
Speaker 3: House is decided by different issues that take place. But if you take a look at who's defending on the Republican side, who's defending on the Democratic side, and what are the open seats in the matchups, it's going to be real tough for the Democrats to take back the Senate. Well, the other thing that you probably are aware and that would clearly if that happens, that's clearly the end of Shumer. The other thing that you're probably aware of is there is redistricting in twenty thirty yep, and it looks like California's going to lose more seats, Illinois is going to lose more seats, New York is going to lose more seats, and Canada's going to have the most seats of anybody in the Congress.
Speaker 1: No, but and these are going to places like Texas and Florida and Utah, which I understand is not.
Speaker 3: Do you think when we start building Gaza rebuilding Gaza honing seats, do you think they'll have in the House.
Speaker 1: I think they'll have some really really prime views of the Mediterranean.
Speaker 3: You know again, you know the old line, from the old line from political science. They got surfing too, no doubt about it. I love that all this posturing from Greenland, like you know, they don't want any more US influence. Well, that is the one area where people say Trump's just gone off the rails.
Speaker 1: It's crazy talk. He really doesn't mean it. I think he means it with Greenland because of Russia and China and that the Arctic Circle and that being there for our security. And I think that the Panamanians definitely violated the Canal Treaty from what they promised that it would remain neutral and it wasn't. Those Chinese ports are closed. I really think there is not as a state, but as a US protectorate like Guam. I think Greenland, no matter what Finland says, is a real possibility. I don't think it's pie in the sky, do you.
Speaker 3: Know I I other than from a humorous standpoint, I haven't focused on it too much. I've been trying to come up with one liner is about too much coming up with one liners about Canada becoming a state to worry about, to worry about about Greenland becoming becoming a our northern port, our northernmost Puerto Rico. I just don't see it happening. No, I just don't see it happening. Gary, Jeff, I understand. I understand though it is crucial for for our security in the North Atlantic. It absolutely there are a lot of places that are crucial for our security. But are they going to get cut back by by US A, I, D. And the and the money that we're cutting back on that? I mean, you know that's that's part of what's going on that I'm looking at an overplaying of a hand. Yeah, of going okay, we need to cut this, we need to cut that, we need to cut this. Wait a minute, this over here, why is that there?
Speaker 1: Wet it? And like I tell you, we got to go back.
Speaker 3: Can look at it and go, oh, hit, that's a military base in the middle of the Philippines.
Speaker 1: That's really kind of important. Talk to Alison Wynn last night, who was a brilliant computer scientist, entrepreneurs shields like seven patents, and she is she was born in Vietnam and came here as a political refugee as a child and has become an American citizen, is very successful. And we were talking about USAID and she made a very good point. She said, Okay, I know USAID does help us, but is it ten percent of the money twenty percent of the money? I mean, they definitely need that magnifying glass on USAID without totally cutting off all foreign aid to determine I mean, you know, the millions of dollars for condoms and Gaza or the Congo just not a good idea.
Speaker 3: Don't disagree on any of it. That needs to come under the under the microscope of the State Department. But yeah, of the State Department, but not make cuts that actually hurt our national defense.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't trust the CIA for as far as I can throw them.
Speaker 3: So I have a friend of mine in Special Forces who would refer to them as clowns in action.
Speaker 1: And we're finding more and more about that and the fact that that's true. Rick Robinson, thank you for a wonderful first hour tonight. I look forward to seeing you again maybe at nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Available on Amazon, you can pick up a copy, along with any of my other novels, mostly political thrillers by two because I've got grandkids now and I've got a buy legos.
Speaker 1: Those suckers are expensive, I joke. By two books. I got it, Grandpa. The fur ball is coming up yet and much more ahead as the nightcap progresses on this Tuesday evening before Red's opening Day. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty five Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 1: That's the ball.
Speaker 16: He's a seven hundred WLW player profile presented by Runkey Wasting Recycling Don Wright, also brought to you by Dunnado's Pizza and Plumb Tight Heating Cooling in trains. Now with a name you need to know, Here's Moegger.
Speaker 17: Even with a promising group of young starting pitchers, the Reds needed to find a veteran arm this offseason. Enter Brady's Singer, acquired from the Royals in exchange for Jonathan India. Singer made thirty two starts and had a three point seven to one ERA for a Kansas City team that made the playoffs last year. He's a right handed pitcher who's twenty eight years old, and he comes with experience, having made one hundred and twenty four starts over the last five seasons. Last year, he said a career high end innings pitched and as a ground ball pitcher who relies on his sinker, he keeps the ball in the ballpark, having never allowed more than twenty two home runs in a season.
Speaker 16: For more player profiles, keep it here. On seven hundred w l W, the home of the Centinnati Reds.
Speaker 18: IHeartRadio Music Awards celebrated the music and artist you've loved listening to all year on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Before red season, it's so sad. It's so sad. Well, it's sad for me, probably a happy day for most listeners. On seven hundred WLW, Gary Jeff and joining us for this half hour. I was gonna include him in the first hour, but then I thought about the FCC rules about safe harbor, and sometimes he gets just a little out of that war. I was worried, so I wanted to make sure it was after ten o'clock before we talked, because I know that occasionally he can lose some control over himself and he gets a little wild. So just to be on the safe side, Andy Furman, for you during the safe harbor period after ten pm, how are you doing for a ball?
Speaker 14: Well, may I say with all sincerity, as far as the night Cap is concerned, may it rest in peace?
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god, it's not dead. It's just going into hibernation. It's going into hibernation on hiatus. That's right. Don't say it's dead, don't predict it's it's early demise. Andy, I've only been doing it for like seven or eight years in this slot.
Speaker 14: I it should be on every freaking night.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 14: It's a couple of things that need to be changed around there, and I could see the one that you get a change. Number one, that Burnaman and Jones show in the morning, which I like at five minutes pay eight. That show should be on every day all year long, not just baseball because they don't necessarily always talk about baseball. Right, it's my life. Everybody everybody wants to hear Marty Burnaman. I don't give me Tracy's fun. I like Tracy a lot, but Marty Breneman is the man if people want to hear Marty and whit White constricted the six months.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, together those two are gold just like I agree, just like you and me on the radio at night, it's golden.
Speaker 4: Jail.
Speaker 14: Would you rather hear Burnaman and Jones or Sean Miller?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we don't have to They don't have to worry about We don't have to worry about Sean Miller anymore.
Speaker 14: Andy Well Wes Miller either.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have to worry about Wes Miller much longer.
Speaker 14: But okay, right, I'm with you. Oh by the way, speaking of basketball, I gotta tell you, I got to shout out because you were the greatest women's players. I know, I know. Don't go crazy on me. You know, she got hurt. She has an acl juju. Watston's the USC And here's the deal. Okay, USC beat North Carolina Greensborough the other day in the first round of the tournament seven. They won to twenty five. They were winning by forty six points. Yes, she scored twenty two and had eight rebounds, three steals, and then she scored double digitsu like in every game this year. They took her out and like she's limping when she went out of there. So obviously the question was asked, you know, how is she doing? And now she got the ACL deal in the second game. My problem is this, I went back on. I looked at some of the scores in the opening round that are women's games. They should be ashamed of themselves. Okay, could I just run down for you Yukon one all three, Arkansas State thirty four, Largest le seventy two points, Wow, Duke eighty six, Lehigh twenty five. South Carolina one O eight, Tennessee Tech forty eight. Okay, I'm gonna go on LSU one O three, San Diego State forty eight. There should be a law against this. No Ja Dame one O six, Steven F. Austin fifty four.
Speaker 19: I mean, are you andy?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Hold on? There's no crying in basketball, even if it's women's basketball. And I'm sorry, do you think there should be some kind of a mercy rule in the women's game that doesn't exist in the men's.
Speaker 14: Well, I will tell you this. I know Gino, the coach at Yukon, he leaves his daughters at all. He never clears the bench out shame on him. I hope U Khan does not win it all again. I hope they don't win it all. You know, there's a point in time when you know you talk about I know, I know, I'm looking on the silver line here. He should talk about sportsmanship. I get it. The games are great, Why why shake hands after the game? You know, when these basketball games are over, they have that line. Each team goes back of what they shake it. Well, I wouldn't shake your hand. You beat me at seventy two points. Why am I gonna shake your hand? For what reasons? You humiliated me? You embarrassed me. That's they didn't know. There should be some sort of a don't stop the game, and there's no mercy rule.
Speaker 19: But clan the beds, Clan the beds.
Speaker 14: What you really?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, Andy, what you were talking about with these women's tournament scores and how just they're just bludgeonings. They're they're not even games. And doesn't it point out another thing about the women's game right now? The difference between the haves and have nots is such a great golf there's not the parody that you see in the men's game. I mean, really, you know.
Speaker 14: They don't get there. I mean, obviously the opening round was like that round two perhaps as well. I think as we go down the line with the women's game, I think the USC is the note to Dame's UCLA's I mean, and UCLA loss, I believe. But you know you'll see these teams the Yukon's. They'll be more evenly matched. But still in all I'm mean, you didn't see that in the opening rounds of the men's games. The coming there.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. And I don't think it's because they were exhibiting good sportsmanship, but just the difference is the golf is not as wide in the in the men's game as game.
Speaker 14: I agree, it will get better, and I'll tell you what though, I don't think it's going to continue much longer because I'll tell you why. April seventh is a real big day in college athletics. Certainly that night is the National Championship game, but that's the day that the Congress is going to this issue they're ruling on. The NTUAA money is like something like twenty million dollars is going to be split over these people, these athletes who are owed money over the years of nil. And here's the deal. This is what's going to happen. A lot of people don't understand it, and I don't completely understand it. But what's going to happen. These schools are going to get the money and they're going to align this money between and IL money in football and basketball. My take is this. My take is that if you have a school that only plays basketball, you're in better shape where A you don't have to split the money, and B nil is going to be distributed only to maybe twelve thirteen kids as opposed to eighty three whatever it may be, fifty three at football. You know, if you take a look right now in the NCAA Men's tournament, you do not see any I don't I took a quick glance at the bracket. I don't think there is one basketball only playing school remaining in the bracket right now, which is unheard of. That really I don't remember the last time that ever happens. But that's going to change. So if you will, I heard of Marquette, if you're at Saint John's, whatever, may or Xavier or Zavier, right you may be in better state. Where Sean Miller is going at Texas. Why do I say that people are gonna be shaking the head because the majority of the nil money which is going to be granted on the seventh of April by Congress, is going to go to the football, not the basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I understand where you're coming from on this, and I don't think that's a a wildly odd take as uh, compared to some of your others that you've expressed on this program. I think that's right up right up the alley of reasonability, which you know, which is rare when it happens with Andy Furman.
Speaker 14: Why do you have to insult me I said something somewhat intelligent, I mean, and you put me down, you give me a kick in the rear end. I don't get it. I mean why I want.
Speaker 1: To tell you. I want to tell you just to change gears here before we're off the women's college basketball. I've got to be totally honest.
Speaker 14: We should get off it, like right now because people probably clicking their radio. I hit the clicks already.
Speaker 1: I can't watch the game because Caitlin Clark is playing pro.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 1: I was a Caitlin Clark fan. I wasn't never a college women's basketball fan. So you're right.
Speaker 14: That, yeah, I become I become a women's college basketball fan. I'd be honest with you. I did not go to one U, S, n KU or Zvier women's game at all this year, although I've been invited by my good friend Brianna Sanders, who is the assistant women's coach at Xavier, who is the daughter of Steve Sanders. If you remember, let me tell you about Steven Sanders, who played for UC Okay when they had the very first game at Fifth Third Arena, they played University of Minnesota. I was doing sports talk with Chris Collinsworth on seven hundred WLW, and I said on those airwaves that if in fact Minnesota beats U see that night in the very first game at ff Third, I would let you see shave my head, all right. So what happened. Steve Sanders hits a three at the buzzer and Cincinnati beats Minnesota. The next day, I'm out there at mid court and the shave of my head. So I was bord. So this is his daughter's Brianna.
Speaker 1: So that's well, means after after seeing you, uh you know more routinely, Uh, I don't, I don't think that that's a bad look for you, and you keep it pretty pretty close to the skull anyway most of the time.
Speaker 14: I do, but I can't do I can't shave it all the way because underneath the skull is a you see logo and I don't want to walk around what do you see logo on? That's why I let the hair grow it back.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to you because it was earlier this week, may have been Monday morning, yesterday morning. Yeah, my wife always has Local twelve on in the morning, and yes, I come out, get my cup of coffee, take my morning meds, and my wife has the TV on. She's always up before I am. And what do I see? What do I walk out into? A fantastic piece about the place where you work as a pr guy, the point Arc, and was interview with Judy Kerding and some other people that were involved in helping these these folks that the point Arc helps that may have some disability or are disadvantage in some way intellectually or physically, and how the perk coffee place and the new pretzel thing that you guys have got coming out to this.
Speaker 14: To you you took your notes on them that was one of the best pieces. It was like two and a half three minutes. And Aliah Harg's from A News twelve did the story. Yeah, hats off to her. I mean really and truly do in depth story because I look at the Point Dark and I don't want to like blow my home because I worked there. I'm not one of those guys. But to me, it's like a mini city because you have the Zech Education Center, the Zech Educational Center where they basically have school. You can get a degree there, really get a diploma, so they have classes there. That's number one. They have the enterprises like the laundry, the Point Per coffee shop, the Zell's Pretzels, they have the place, the apparel shop, so these are places where people with disabilities can work and earn a salary in the community. That's number two. And they have the sixteen residential homes that are in operation twenty four to seven, three hundred and sixty five days a year for three or four people live in these homes and they're going just to like three hundred thousand dollars homes in the three counties in northern Kentucky. So it is like a mini city that the point Arc has, and I'm not going to say it's the best Cutch secret because I think a lot of people do know about it, and thanks to Ms Horges at Channel twelve one, people know about it now. And by the way, not only did that story hit Channel twelve, it made some nonprofit publication and it went national. It went national. Yes, they so the thank goodness that it did, because I think what people need to know about it.
Speaker 1: It was a very illuminating I've heard you talk about it, We've talked about it before in this show. But it was such a good in depth look and you had the actual people who were working at the coffee shop and on camera explaining what they did and what the jobs meant to them. A guy who was stitching apparel. They're making clothes there, T shirts and the whole thing right right right within that small city you're talking about. That is the point Arc all Right had.
Speaker 14: The apparel shop is in Latonia, Kentucky, and they do T shirt, it's hoodies and whatever it may be for various teams around around the tri State. It's great, but it's taught to believe the hard a schmuck like me, do you think about that? Really right.
Speaker 1: No, they're not the first to have made that mistake, Candy.
Speaker 14: So I knew you want to compliment me, and that's where I went down that road. But it's okay, all.
Speaker 19: Right, Miday.
Speaker 1: We got a three and a half, four minutes left. The Reds have been projected to win seventy nine and a half.
Speaker 14: You're not talking about I don't want to talk about the Reds. You know why. Let me tell you why, because if it were the report, I don't like weather reports, and let us talk about certain things that are happening. And what's happening right now is that I'm going to be on the Sons and Daughters of the Italian situate, the Italian Organization on the float on Thursday at the parade. I was invited.
Speaker 1: Son of Italy have got Andy f on their float.
Speaker 14: I had no idea. And you know what you're involved with the Italian Fest.
Speaker 2: I know you are right Newport, sure, I know, and I.
Speaker 14: Met the guys.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 14: I have a weekly show on another radio station with Jim Lear Barber's on w DJO. I can mentioned it was we ere in the iHeart app Saturday morning because I know what it's called what's the point we talk about nonprofits? And this past Saturday I had the guys from the Finley Market Parade and the Sons of Italy and the Italian Club, and they invited me there. You don't have to be Italian to be a member, so they're saying that I could be a member, and Frank Marzoula is going to be on the flow with us too.
Speaker 1: Do you have to at least demonstrate your allegiance by consuming a meatball or anything like that.
Speaker 14: I mean, there are Oh, there's going to be a lot of pizza and wine on the flow. Then there's going to be an opera singer on the float. And by the way, by the way, this is a strange coincidence. The driver of the float, he's been doing it for ten years, is from Brooklyn and it was a big feature on him, Joe Bollino and the Brooklyn Daily Eagle yesterday. So if anybody wants to google Brooklyn Daily Eagle, you could read the story about Joe Bolino who's the driver of the float, and a beautiful picture of the Filey Market Parade in color in the Brooklyn Eagle on yesterday's edition.
Speaker 1: Well, now that you've established yourself as squarely Italian. I think that you have more than enough gramatas and coins to join me on stage if I'm if I'm humbled and honored enough to be asked to MC the opening ceremonies at Newport's Italian Fest again. This year, it'll be I think the third week in June or second week in June. I want you to be up on stage with me, My Pazan.
Speaker 14: Well, you know what, I hate to be the bearer of bed and it's just a bad day for you anyway, because number one, it's like the last show. That's number one, right, number two, like they asked me to do it, So I guess you're out.
Speaker 1: You know what, No, you cannot steal. I cannot steal my keg. And I was inviting, I was inviting you to join me and share that spotlight I get every year. And here you are pushing me out of the picture, off the stage, completely right into the river.
Speaker 14: What's the show Saturday? And I said, oh, the Italian Fest, my buddy Gary Jeff Walker, And they said, yes, so you're in. You're in. Don't worry about I protect you. I'm not a backstabber like some others in this business. I'm not that well.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know is a week before Italian Fest. If I wake up and there's a horsehead in my bed, I don't know who put it there, Andy Furman.
Speaker 14: I don't think so. Now all right, I got something. I got something. If you talk about the Italians, I got to get equal time. Now you're in equal time. Go go, okay okay. Much of the season they were four coaches Auburn's Bruce Pearl, Duke University's John Shire, University of Florida's Todd Golden, and the University of Southern Calist women's team Losey Gosley. They've been close to or near the top in the top four teams of the country. Right, Yeah, you know what, Last Sunday, March sixteenth, all of them were rewarded with the number one seeds in the NTAA Division men and women's basketball tournament. To guess what, All four of them were Jews? All four of them are Jews. Was that that's pretty neat? Top four coaches are old Jews.
Speaker 1: Well, Andy, I couldn't be happier for your people, and I consider I consider your people.
Speaker 14: Other thing.
Speaker 1: That's right, God's chosen people. Your people are my people. Andy, so Mikasa su Casa. We will talk to you soon. I know it won't be all summer before I get this is it. We're over, We're done.
Speaker 14: This is it, this is it.
Speaker 1: Goodbye.
Speaker 14: Well, let me tell you it's been a pleasure. I love the time with you. I don't like to say to you as Sholom I.
Speaker 1: Say good day, sir. I said good day, good evening. Oh it's the nightcap and there's still plenty more ahead. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: It was constructed over five thousand years ago in Wiltshire, England, a mysterious ring of massive stones, thirteen feet tall and simply known as Stone Hinge. No one knows who built it or why, but leading scientists do agree on one thing. We all enjoy listening to Bill Cunningham's.
Speaker 1: Sure Bill Cunningham Scientists approved tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW. This is Ashley akin any from the bed in Ashley. I all bord of this conversation every time we have it. JT. Young, who is an author, he's many things. He's had a piece in the Hill last week talking about well, the devastating situation Democrats seem to find them in in twenty twenty five after the President Trump victory and what looks like a party in complete disarray. He says, disarray doesn't come close to describing the Democrats situation as a party. Right now, the Democrats are disintegrating. His name is JT.
Speaker 15: Young.
Speaker 1: JT. Welcome back to the show. How are you?
Speaker 5: It's always a pleasure to be with you. Gary job Well, thanks for.
Speaker 19: Having me back.
Speaker 1: I didn't even pay him to say that.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I saw a poll today and I was mentioning it with a guest earlier tonight. The latest poll said that I don't know led in the question of who was who was the Democrat's new leader. I don't know was like at twenty six percent, and AOC was second and not a close second. Your thoughts on any of that.
Speaker 5: Well, I would think that I don't know would be preferable to the I do know that the Democrats have all around them, and you just mentioned AOC, which would be another gift to Republicans, you know, please nominate her. I would say, I've seen polls where they say who the front runner is for the twenty twenty eight Democrat nomination and Obviously people always just play back to their memory and it had Kamala Harris way out in front another where would be an absolutely gifts the Democrat. I'm it's a Republican, So I think I don't know would be preferable to the I do knows that are surrounding the Democrats right now, because you know they are they're basically a disaster of disarray.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they've been there before. They were kind of there in nineteen seventy two, they were kind of there in nineteen eighty four, and somehow they managed to claw themselves back. What kind of help can the Republican not? Do we want them to the Republicans to give them any help. But I mean, if President Trump does not have a successful presidency, ie, fulfilling most of his agenda, especially on the economy, then that helps Democrats kind of claw their way back, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right, Gary, Jeff, and I think you've already hit the nail on the head, which is the thing that Republicans would do to bring Democrats back into the game is to fail to deliver on Trump's agenda.
Speaker 15: And the top of that will be you know.
Speaker 5: You've got to extend the tax cuts. You've got to pass the budget, you've got to pass this reconciliation bill.
Speaker 4: You have the votes.
Speaker 5: It's going to be tight. We all know it's going to be tough. But it's time to work together because what you're seeing from the Democrats, and you mentioned it so well nineteen seventy two. In fact, I mentioned it in my book George McGovern Flippley said, I opened the door to the Democrat Party and millions of people walked out, and it hits on the it hits the nail on the head that this array, you know, drives Americans away. So publicans join Democrats in being disorganized, having no message, refusing to follow their messenger. They will deal Democrats back into the game. But as it stands right now, if they stand united, work together with their type majority, and continue to govern, that's really all Americans are asking.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that was one of the problems when Nancy Pelosi lost the speakership because the House changed hands or changed control. Nancy Pelosi was great at keeping the Democrats together, right, I mean, you can't you can't deny that that's the one thing that the Democrats had that the Republicans didn't seem to have is like this party unity. Boy, they're all over the place. They scattered like water dropping in a pile of oil. The Democrats did. Now that's that's been a major.
Speaker 5: Change, right, Yeah, And you mentioned and I think Nancy Plosi is a perfect case example here. You're right, she could wield them together.
Speaker 4: And just to see how.
Speaker 5: Far things have changed, look at what she's now facing in twenty twenty six. She has already been challenged by AOC's former campaign staffer in her district in California. And you read the statements that he's making, and all you have to do is read between the lines, and he's talking about her forty five years in Congress. Democrats are fracturing intergenerationally, they're fracturing ideologically, they're fracturing geographically. Every way they can split, they are. And Nancy Pelosi, to your credit, is a perfect case example because they're already gunning for her. And just look at what AOC is. You know, all the Democrats that are egging her on to challenge Chuck Schumer in the Senate primary in New York.
Speaker 15: And you just you see them feeding on themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, you talk about Trump's agenda and the president's campaign promises and what he's going after. So far, he's been very successful on immigration, regardless of what some some district judge decides, because I think all of those blocks on the deportations are going to be overruled eventually by the Supreme Court, because I'm sure the Supreme Court does not look favorably on a district judge who thinks he's more important and impactful than they are, and he's just in one jurisdiction. The Supreme Court obviously makes judges judges the laws and what is lawful and constitutional for the entire nation, not some singular district court judge somewhere. But you talk about Trump's agenda being successful, how successful do you think he may be in and actually getting rid of the government waste with all of the roadblocks that are being put up in front of him right now, for example, I.
Speaker 5: Think you've already mentioned, you know, the court challenges, We as conservatives shouldn't be surprised. Democrats and liberals have used the court when they couldn't make laws because they didn't.
Speaker 15: Have legislative majorities.
Speaker 5: They used court decisions to remake the laws already on the books to their own purposes, So the fact that they would retreat to where they have been for decades shouldn't surprise us. And I think you also make the point. I think the Supreme Court will probably pold many of Trump's executive orders, and every time they do, they create a new precedent for him to use on other executive orders. And even when they block him, as they did Joe Biden, remember on student loan forgiveness, Biden's administration constantly then tried to work around the Supreme Court prohibition. So the point I'm trying to make is even where Trump is unsuccessful, the court will often leave tracks that will point to where he could go and be more successful on a future attempt. So I think we shouldn't be surprised that the Democrats are bringing the courts into this. We shouldn't be surprised when Trump.
Speaker 15: Prevails on many of them.
Speaker 5: But even on the ones he doesn't, he's going to get direction of how he can continue, and I think that's where we need to focus.
Speaker 1: He is the author of Unprecedented Assault, How big Government unleashed America's socialist left. And you know, the next book jt ought to be something about how the America's socialist left unleashed a new conservative movement.
Speaker 4: Very good point.
Speaker 5: I'm an American realignment.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, yeah, absolutely. JT. Young, thank you so much for your time tonight. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for having me again. Gary, Jeff, have a great night.
Speaker 1: You bet you up next. Doctor Alvida King on the dissillusion of the Department of Education.
Speaker 12: Her thoughts, goodbye and that's gone, so let's go back, come back.
Speaker 18: Deepare God, that's the board day, that's the bar day.
Speaker 8: The seven hundred W L tell you RNL Carriers opening.
Speaker 4: D how about that?
Speaker 16: Presented by You're Cincinnati in Kentucky, Toyota Dealers, Portho Since the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, and Miami University five and the Holy Grail Banks from the Cincinnati, tex Resolution powered by Total Broadcast Area. It's an Old Day Baseball Bash building up to the Riggs home opener against the Giants Thursday morning, beginning at nine on seven hundred LW, the home of the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 18: O our iHeartRadio Music Awards celebrated the music and artists you've loved listening to all year on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is another one of those conversations that I have looked forward to ever since I found out she was available, Doctor Elvita King. The education has been just her cornerstone. Doctor King, of course, is the niece of the greatest civil rights leader this country has known, certainly in the twentieth century, Martin Luther King Junior. And she has been very vocal as a supporter of President Trump. And now the president is trying to fulfill one of his campaign promises. He really really tries to fulfill every promise he's made on the campaign trio promises made promises, Kep, that's one of the Trump mottos, and one of them was dismantling or totally doing away with the Department of Education, or as doctor King calls it, the Department of indoctrination, because that is what has become. Doctor King, Welcome to the show. How are you Gary?
Speaker 19: Just wander?
Speaker 20: You can call me Alvida too, Doctor King is accurate. Alvida is signed. Can I give you a backstory, a bit of a foundation. Sure, in the nineteen seventies, I was a state legislator, a Democrat, passed some bills and worked across the isle, and we were not enemies, though in.
Speaker 19: Those days the two parties could work together.
Speaker 20: I was on the House Education Committee, and I was a strong average kid for education. I've found the King's family legacy, Daddy King and Mama King, my dad Ad and my mom doctor Naomi Martin Luther King, Junior Ministry, Education, civil rights, that's what you know.
Speaker 19: And out of my daddy's house.
Speaker 20: We're also great cooks, by the way. So in those years I was on the House Education Committee, I left there to be a college professor for nineteen years. That is what is now at Atlanta Metropolitan Politican University, I think. And so I also was a principal at a Christian school. So I have a strong education background. I do have an earned PhD. And an honorary doctorate, and a master's and business a lot of things like that. So I wanted to give you my interest in education. I was appointed by President G. W. Bush to the Department of Education in a regional office is number two share in over eight states.
Speaker 19: So I do have a background.
Speaker 20: So when I heard every president has threatened or many presidents says we're going to get rid of the Department of Education. It started several decades ago and different presidents would say they didn't want it anymore, so nobody has done it. When President Trump said get rid of it and shut it down, I thought about it myself and I did put out a couple off eds, maybe saying, if you don't get rid of it, then reorganize it, redo it, reform it, make it smaller, make it serve so that children can have four h again, so that children can learn about agriculture again, or business or medicine, or they could say the Pledge of allegiance or do a prayer at lunch.
Speaker 19: Do that again.
Speaker 20: So make education serve families, children and parents again. So that's my position, not so much shut it all the way down, although you know if they do that, I'm okay, I understand, But at least make education better again.
Speaker 19: At least do that. And that is my position.
Speaker 1: Well, we spend more money person than any other nation in the world, and yet we're fortieth when it comes to proficiency overall in math, in science, in reading and writing. Those are the foundational reasons that we have in education, syst that's what you're supposed to be learning.
Speaker 20: Yes, as a principal, I brought back the gardening, the hydroponics, the church club.
Speaker 19: You know, all that kind of thing.
Speaker 20: When I was a principal, it was a church school, but I was a principal.
Speaker 19: So I do agree with you, and so it is in the works.
Speaker 20: And I do know Linda McMahon, wonderful, fine, brilliant mind.
Speaker 19: They's a compascitive person.
Speaker 20: So I know that we are in good hands. Whichever way it goes. I'm fine if it goes down, Okay, send everything back to the States and then hold the States accountable. Folks with your votes, make sure you do that, or just reorganized it. Slim it down and make America serve the parents and the children.
Speaker 4: And as vucation again.
Speaker 1: I had a guest on the show last night, Alvida, who made the accusation that the NEA, the National Education Association as it stands today, is an evil organization. Do you share those sin views.
Speaker 19: It actually is.
Speaker 20: I had problems when you know, I became a student teacher or a supply teacher, I'm sorry, a supply teacher, and then a college professor, and then a principle, and so I knew that the NEA was just not really working for the students or really the teachers, because the teachers don't get paid enough, and they pretend to help and want to do better, but they don't. So I you know, there's a soul tax, a thing called a soul tax. And here in America in this century, how much is my soul worth to me if I'm an if I'm an actor or a dancer or a famous big lawyer or something like, how much do I need to get paid on an athlete? How much am I do is my sole work for me to give up what's important, relationship with God and my family and all that. If I'm gonna give all that up, how much is my soul worth?
Speaker 1: Well, these teachers unions in the.
Speaker 19: Anya, they're not paying the teachers. They're paying everybody out.
Speaker 1: They're paying the unions. Yeah, they're they're they're there for the unions basically, right, right? And And what are what is being taught in schools? What has been taught in schools is totally adverse to anything that you could call a productive education for the parents and for the students. We're talking about perverse sexual behaviors being taught as early as as five and six years old, gender confusion, anti biblical ideologies, all behind the backs of parents, and this has gotten stuff.
Speaker 19: How to put a condom on a banana? Yeah, they're gonna help. How is that going to help a child?
Speaker 20: A drag queen dancing in the libraries and naked in front of the children, how are they going to teach the children?
Speaker 15: How?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. The Constitution gives no authority to the federal government to control education. And I think about the great expansion of this country as it was expanding westward into the frontier. Those people weren't relying on the president or Washington d c. To educate their children. They were building the schools themselves. They were building the roads to the schools themselves, They were hiring the teachers themselves, and they hired people that they believed were going to give their kids the best path in life after school, i e. Education. And we have seen this indoctrination as far as CRT in schools telling white people that they should feel guilty because of their skin color. Isn't that exactly what your uncle fought against only the other way. You do not solve bigotry or resolve bigotry by more bigotry.
Speaker 19: Do you let me be a little bit controversial.
Speaker 15: Here, all right?
Speaker 20: I do believe in teaching CRT, but I want you to teach what it really is.
Speaker 19: That there was a group of folks.
Speaker 20: With blond hair and blue eyes, so they tell if you are Chalian or different things. They were coming after you after they got me believe it, and they said they were an Aryan race and they were superior. Came Charles Darwin Hitler believed this singer. All of them came up, cooked up all this stuff. Now there's one blood and one human race.
Speaker 19: We're not even separate racist, just separate ethnicity.
Speaker 20: So I said, why don't you teach that CRT is a live because there is those superior race. There is only one blood and one race. I said, why don't you teach that? Because CRT is racist?
Speaker 15: Period.
Speaker 19: Now that was my due on it.
Speaker 20: So let's say, if you say you don't want it, please know how to teach why you don't want it. And that was the only challenge that I had with the CRT issue. And so we really begin to say that over and over and people begin to hear us, and they understood why CRT is racist.
Speaker 19: Abortion is racist because it kills a human being.
Speaker 20: Yes, why it is wrong to cut body parts off of little children if they don't like being whatever they are now supposed. A child doesn't even say, I'm not a boy or a girl, I'm a frog.
Speaker 19: What are you gonna do next?
Speaker 1: Get a dig a big pond in the backyard, and I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 20: I don't try to build out official gills or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 19: But that's too far. We have gone too far, and we have to come back.
Speaker 20: And then, from my perspective as offician evangelists, we really have to come back to God.
Speaker 19: I do want to.
Speaker 20: Mention real quickly if people more about all these things that I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I'm at Alvida King dot Com. I'm on YouTube.
Speaker 20: I even have a music channel because we produce a lot of music videos and things.
Speaker 19: Like that with some of these same messages.
Speaker 20: So I want people to look me up and to see I'm serious. But I believe that as we return to God, as we make America play again, make America learn ABC's again.
Speaker 1: You know, amen, Doctor King, thank you so much. I appreciate your.
Speaker 20: Time, appreciate the opportunity you got it.
Speaker 1: It's the nightcap and we're not done yet.
Speaker 16: News is fueled by UDF Home of the coldest, thickest malt in shakes, news, traffic and weather.
Speaker 8: News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 21: Downplaying top secret military plans with a journalist with the eleven o'clock reports, I'm Ley mawin breaking now. A meeting with US ambassadors at the White House today had President Donald Trump answering questions about the journalists accidentally included on a Signal group chat that detailed plans to strike Yemen before it happened.
Speaker 15: There was no classified information, as I understand.
Speaker 22: It, Trump defending his National security advisor Mike Walt, who Jeffrey Goldberg, editor of the Atlantic, said, apparently inadvertently added him to the group on the Signal app.
Speaker 1: He's a very good man, Goldberg says.
Speaker 22: Hegseth shared operational details of the US strikes on the Iran backed Hootis earlier this month, including precise information about weapons packages, targets, and timing.
Speaker 21: ABC's Martha raddits while Signal is an encryptocommercial messaging app, it's not approved to transmit classified or sensitive information. National security officials are instead told to use White House secure rooms or elsewhere where phones are banned. Now the latest traffigan weather together, no accidents around the Tri State.
Speaker 1: You're looking great Cincinnati.
Speaker 23: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 11: This guy turns partly cloudy in the overnight hours and this allows our temperature to drop down to the mid to low thirties for a chiley start to our Wednesday forecast. A lot of Wednesday is partly cloudy, pieseland up in the low fifties.
Speaker 24: In the afternoon.
Speaker 11: We might see a quick, little isolated shower out there, but nothing that would last very long. And looking ahead to Red's opening day, spotty rain now expected in the afternoon. High's still around fifty nine. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: It's currently forty one degrees and the rain is out of the Tri State. Your closest source of rain is around West Union and Maysville. And your Opening Day weather was brought to you by Pellow Windows and Doors of Greater Cincinnati, Make Life Brighter.
Speaker 8: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 21: In the last exhibition tune up before the twenty twenty five season begins, the Reds fall to the Prospects seven to five and Dayton's Day air Ballpark. For the Reds, La de la Cruz went two for three, Jake Frailey two for two, Matt McClain one for two, TJ.
Speaker 1: Friedel one for two.
Speaker 21: Jace Petty allows four runs on three hits and three walks, and the three innings for the Reds while striking out two. We are down to two days left until opening day. In a turn of events for Xavier's next head coach, Chris mack will not be returning to lead the Musketeers. A tweet shared by our own Lance McAllister ended with the Max can't wait to run it back in year two better than ever go Koog's. He led the College of Charleston to a twenty four to nine record in his first season. However, Joff Rostein and now multiple agencies reporting on the platform Formula Knows Twitter Richard Patino will be the next head coach of Your Musketeers After four years and an eighty eight and forty four record at New Mexico. Fox Sports NFL insider Jordan Schultz reporting the Bengals have pulled any potential trades for defensive end Trey Hendrickson off the table as the team looks to extend the NFL SAX leader. He will enter twenty twenty five on his last year of his extension. Our next update is at eleven thirty. I'm Ley Maowen News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Major League Baseball.
Speaker 25: Since the dawn of baseball, countless players have proved the call of destiny. Witness the heels of the game in Bolpark's nationwide. Give your tickets today at MLB dot com slash tickets.
Speaker 1: Major League Baseball treatment's used with permission.
Speaker 2: New treatments for joint pain are here. By now you've heard about regenerative medicine. If you're wondering, if you're a good candidate, answer these questions.
Speaker 1: PAP on sevenl W, Howdie, Gary, Jeff and between Now at midnight, good stuff on the way sid We're off Emily Burning from Let Them Live, and we start the hour with our old buddy Dave Hatter Doomsday, Dave, the guy with the aluminum foil hat, over his head all the time? Who was warning you of the dangers of the cyber world in which we live? And Dave Hatter, it's a pleasure to have you the last night cap for a while. I think we got we got a show on Monday night, April fourteenth. But other than that, we get We're all Reds all the time. This is the home of the Reds. That's the way we do things around here. And so I just have to sit in the corner and pout and not make any money, all right, So top of the list here uh more warnings from the FBI for iPhone and Android users. The FBI wants lawful access to all your encrypted data. Can we trust the FBI with our information and our data? Or do we even have a choice? Dave? What's this story about?
Speaker 15: Well, we currently have a choice, carriage, Jess, And whether you trust the FBI or not is really the smaller question. The larger and more pertinent question is if there's a back door built into end to end encryption, And I'll come back and explain what that really means at a second, can you trust that it will not be exploited or abused by some bad actor, whether it's you know, a nation state actor like China or it's cybergangs who are for a miner of us where he can enormous amounts of money from people to all forms of cybercrime. Can you really trust the back door? And my short answer is absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not just the FBI you're worrying about, because if they can get in, others can as well.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 15: That's exactly right, Garry Jeff. And you know this isn't just my opinion. You can see many experts from many different fields of understand encryption warn't about this. The Electronic Frontier Foundation EFF has been in front of this for a long time. You know, France just had a bill killed that was gonna basically force this. And what's brought this to the forefront again really is two things. A in the United Kingdom and this's got a lot of press. Apple basically said we won't give you a backdoor to access encrypt the data, We'll just get rid of the encryption.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 15: That unfortunately leaves anyone in the UK who's been relying on Apple's encryption in the cloud at risk. But I actually think it's better not only from raising awareness about this important issue, but also than to give the false sense that you're protected and possibly have back doors could be exploited. I also remind folks you know, last year this is the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, which is the department of the Department of Homeland Security and focused on critical infrastructure local governments, that sort of thing, due to some of the things that happened last year, came out and basically encourage people to use into end encrypted apps like Signal. Now, if you're on an Apple phone and you're texting to another Apple user, you already have into end encryption, and to make us as simple as possible. Into end encryption means, you know, there's different forms of encryption. Encryption is a way to protect your data. Scrambles the data and without the proper keys, you can't unscramble it. And depending on the level of encryption, it's basically impossible to break as of today. That can be a story for another time. But what into end encryption. The idea is the data gets encrypted. So if you and I are sending text messages back and forth with our Apple phones, when I send you a text, it gets encrypted. It goes through Apple servers or the phone networked to you and then gets decrypted on your end. No neither Apple nor anyone along the way can read that message. I also want to point out to fodks because when you use an encrypted app like Signal, which would be my recommendation and by far the best, most well known, most trusted end encrypted messaging app outside of the native Apple stuff, you know, if I send you a message carried Jeff, it's encrypted, it gets to you. There's nothing that stops you, as the recipient, who can unencrypted, from doing whatever you want with that message. I think people get this false sense of security because they're using these encrypted apps that somehow their data can never be leaked. But again, once you have my message, you can do whatever you want with it's screenshotted, email it to someone else. So that's one thing I always like to point out, you know, don't be lulled into a sense of false security just because you have encryption.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, and here's I'm sorry to interrupt you, Dave. I do that sometimes. But here's an example of what you're talking about. In the news today. In the last couple of days is story in The Atlantic. A writer there said that he got included in a thread from National Security that said that we were going to be bombing the hoothy rebels in Yemen. And he claims this, but they were using signal into end encryption supposedly in these text threads, and yet of the writer from the Atlantic says he got included on the thread, and that's a security issue as well. I don't know how that would have happened. I don't know exactly if it did happen or if he made it up. But the point that you're making is don't get lulled into a false sense of security simply because you're using signal, even though it's the best way to encrypt stuff.
Speaker 15: Yeah right, yes, you know, yeah, any into end encryption is always good, but you can't misunderstand how it works and thus finds yourself flying in the wind, like perhaps the story you just mentioned, because you accidentally included the wrong person or something. But the bottom line with an encryption is it's a good thing. It protects your data, and as soon as you build in a back door, against encourage people to use it. Right as soon as you're building a back door, they have theiatics to call it responsible encryption, which basically means there'd be a back door they could exploit to decrypt encrypted data if they have a warrant. And you know, my answer to this has always been, go get a warrant and then compel the criminal or the alleged criminal to you know, turn over the keys whatever that means on one over the platform. Now, if they won't do it, like for example, if you have facial recognition set up and they can just hold up your phone to your face, you know, you can make funny faces and so forth and potentially defeat that. You know, if you have a pin setup and they can't unlock your phone, well they won't be able to decrypt it in less than until you have these back doors. Again, if you go look at what any encryption expert is saying, they'll tell you these back doors are a terrible idea. Yes, the positive upside is to you catch criminals. Could you prosecute criminals? Does it make it easier to do that? It does? But look around, Gary, Jeff, you and I have been talking about these topics on the radio for I don't know, maybe a decade, and how many times have we talked about breaches and leaks and unintended consequences, even when people are trying to do the right thing and trying to secure their systems. I think it is completely unrealistic and borderingline unreasonable to think that if there were a backdoor, it would not be China because unlimited resources y FBI claimed to fifty to one advantage in terms of packers versus defenders in the US. Do you think they're not going to figure out how to exploit that backdoor. I mean, it's just crazy. I understand why they want it, and I can understand the possible legitimate uses of it, but I think the risks are just too great. And yeah, we need everyone to be aware of this. We need everyone to be contacting their gladness lingers and say no to backdoors and encryption.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, I tell you what, We'll take a quick break and come back. And when we do kind of a a caution nary tail. With this study that's out about AI search engines and how reliable they are at finding correct sources, I think the answer will shock a lot of people who thought that AI was the end all be all, and it's you know, it's infallible. Not so much. Dave hatter with us on this nightcap in just a Moment again on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: Join us for the RNL carriers opening day Brocker.
Speaker 1: Our it Guru. The story says AI search engines cite incorrect sources and alarming sixty percent rate. This is according to a study that was out and if you can elaborate, David, I would appreciate that what does this mean for our use of AI to find information and find correct information and all the rest of that.
Speaker 15: So I found this at ours Technica and they refer to the actual study that was done by Columbia Journalism Review TOAST Center for Digital Journalism. Here's the bottom line. Apparently more and more people are using these generative AI tools drink chatch ept or aistroc or Copilot or Perplexity instead of search engines. So you know, they just go ask the question and I can tell you I use GROC all the time to answer question. Now. I always try to warn people, and I have since these tools really came to, you know, sort of public prominence. You have to understand hallucinations or sometimes called confabulations, which is these tools will just literally make things up. Okay, it will literally make things up because it's a statistical model that's producing this content and if you don't understand the idea of hallucinations, and in the early days they wouldn't even warn you. Now every one of these things has some kind of warning saying like, hey, you know this might not be correct, you should check your results, caveat into or sort of messaging on it. Basically, what this study found is people are increasingly turning to these things to search the news to find news rather than use a search engine. So rather than just get a link to some news article at WL seven hundred, WLW dot com or whatever, you're getting some kind of summary that then you know, ideally fits where it got that And they're saying that in many cases up to sixty percent of the citations are wrong. So you know, what does that mean for? Can you trust what it's telling you? And it gets back to this idea of hallucinations or confabulations that you know, even if you say, well, where did you get this? Is this right? Can you guarantee me this this is right? It aims to, you know, satisfy you, and will often continue to insist that something is correct when it's not. Again, the concept isn't new. This is just a really interesting study specifically around people turning to these to get news and finding out that in many cases the news news quote unquote it's giving you may not be correct because the citations are woefully wrong apparently. So you know, when people use these tools, buyer beware, And that's my best advice in general. There's a lot of value you can get out of these things, but be careful and understand they will essentially make things up.
Speaker 1: So AI really wants to please you, even if it means giving you bump information.
Speaker 15: Yes, So again, be very careful when you use these things. My advice is if you don't know anything about a topic, you should be very careful of sending what it tells you is true and bet that carefully. You know, I generally will only use these things when I'm already somewhat knowledgeable about something, so I can get some idea on my BIS indicator of is this just complete BS or is this probably correct, and then do a little vetting on top of it. But yeah, if you just use these things without any additional vetting, you are setting yourself up for disaster.
Speaker 1: All right, good advice, as always, mister hatter and finally on the docket tonight, something that's been just absolutely the bane of my existence even thinking about it. How many more are going cashless in our society? You know, it's it's widespread in many places like Sweden and Europe. But the digital, the digital only economy is rife with so many dangers for privacy and for protection of your finances than ever. To me, cash is still king that maybe the bartender talking in me, Dave, Probably it is a little bit, but I am there are certain places I won't go. I don't go to. You know, Red's opening day is Thursday. I won't go to the ballpark unless somebody else is buying because they don't accept cash. You know, somebody else's foot in the bill. That's fine, but I'm not supporting the cash less professional sports community that way. I don't understand it. I don't get it, and I'm not going to participate in it or football game, and it's like that with a lot of colleges. Some high schools have even gone cash less for their their games, which is just utterly ridiculous to me. Uh that I got to whip out my Apple pay or my which I don't have or my my, uh my debit card just to buy a bag of popcorn. It's it's ridiculous to me. I won't shop, I won't go to a taste of velvet Belgium because they're famously cashless. And in Sweden it's not been the cashless society that they've been planning and grooming people for. Is not quite the utopia that everyone thought it was going to be, is it.
Speaker 15: It is not, And I'm happy to see that people are wising up to this now. I understand the allure of a cash to society, both for convenience to consumers and you know, for for reduce risks to businesses, reduce costs. Right, you get that pesky transaction fee on credit cards. If you handle the cash, it takes longer to get to the bank, people steal it, et cetera. So I understand all the arguments for why moving away from cash brings benefits to society. But I also very clearly understand, as a guy who spent thirty years building software and working in cybersecurity and so forth, the risks, and I'm glad to see other people.
Speaker 1: Are waking up to it.
Speaker 15: So the Financial Times has this excellent article headline back to cash. Life without money in your pocket is not the utopia Sweden hoped, and they point out here in the context of today war with Europe, unpredictability in US, and the fear of Russian hybrid attacks almost part of daily life in Sweden, life without cash is not providing proving the utopia perhaps once promised. And they then go on to say, in the name of civil defense, in November, the Defense Ministry send home a brochure entitled if crisis or war comes, advising people in Sweden to use cash regularly and keep a minimum of a week supplying various denominations to quote strengthen preparedness unquote, and they basically go on to say, you know, whether you're concerned about privacy, which you should be, like you said, Gary, Jeff, you're concerned about security. You know, could if you I didn't have access to any cash, could hackers potentially somehow interfere with the banking system and screw up everyone's accounts and you lose all your money. I mean it's within the realm of possibility. I'm not saying it's likely, but here you have And then I'm going to get to Norway in a second another government in Europe that has now started to walk this back, not to mention the control aspects of it. Right, at some future point the government whoever's in charge, pick whatever the administration you like, and then the ones you don't like and say, okay, well could they just one day say well, you just can't buy X because everything is digital now and you have no way to pay with cash. Now, that's one of the ways where something like bitcoin is helpful to cryptocurrency, but when encourage people to eat into that very carefully and stick only to well known cryptos like bitcoin. But I'm very happy to see people are wising up to this again, the idea of zero cash whatsoever, especially in the immature state we're at today with all the cyber attacks we see, the lack of security, etc. It's crazy to think that this is a good idea in my opinion, And apparently Norway has now come off of this as well. In fact, I can tell you Gary, Jeff, I'm going to be reaching out to my legislators in Kentucky on this topic. After sharing this article. It goes on to say Sweden is not the only Nordic country backpedaling on plans for cash to society last year Norway, which has a popular equivalent to Swish that's a digital cash in Sweden called Dipp's Mobile pay broad in legislation that means retailers can be fined or sanctioned if they will not accept cash. So they're now making it illegal to have digital only businesses that will not accept cash. I'm with him. The government has also recommended a citizens quote keep some cash on hand due to vulnerabilities of digital payment solutions for cyber attacks unquote. So yeah, I can tell you I will be reaching out to my legislators in Kentucky, sharing this article and asking them as nicely as possible to make it illegal for businesses in Kentucky to be digital only and not accept cash. And I'm hoping this the spreads. I'm glad we had a chance to talk about this tonight. I can tell you I will be beating the drum on this on social media and everywhere that I can, because we are and no way positioned and no way mature enough in our society to go completely digital for all the reasons they state in this article.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you said that about getting in touch with touch with the legislature in Kentucky because I also live in northern Kentucky and my next phone call is going to be to my friend Savannah Mattics and if I could yes, yeah.
Speaker 15: We're a run out of time. You know, I've shared this on X. I'll share this on all my social media. People can follow me on social media X in particular, read this article and then share it with your legislators in Ohio, share it with your legislators in Indiana. So highlight these key things like Norway actually has passed the law now, and let's see if we can't get people to wake up and get states if the federal government won't do it to say you can't do this in my state because the risk is just too great.
Speaker 14: At this point.
Speaker 1: Hallelujah, Thank you so much. Dave Hatter with us tonight on the Nightcap. Sid Roth up after News his predictions for President Trump's second term coming up.
Speaker 4: You throw the.
Speaker 17: Ball, you hit the ball, you catch the ball.
Speaker 6: The Skyline Chili countdown to opening day, Haylan Good, it's Skyline time. First ditch in two days on seven hundred wlw's opening day, the home of the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 8: News traffic and weather news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: Cincinnati classified information, apparently through an app on smartphones.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 21: The eleven thirty reports I'm Lee mawin Breaking now Signal on the spotlight after The Atlantic reported top Trump administration officials used the app to discuss sensitive military operations. But just why is using Signal a big deal to relay information details like plan military strikes.
Speaker 1: ABC's Mike Bowski butmar.
Speaker 26: Signal was founded more than a decade ago as a messaging service offering encrypted communications that are difficult to hack. It's generally considered to be one of the better encrypted messaging apps, but experts warned that nothing is impossible to hack. The app is run by a nonprofit, the Signal Foundation, which says its lack of investors and advertisers means it's ultra secure.
Speaker 21: Some other apps that offer encryption technology include Apple's I Message and Meta's WhatsApp. ABC's Kevin Travers now tells you what the editor in chief possibly saw in that group chat.
Speaker 24: Jeffrey Goldberg says, you know, they may not call it war plans, but what Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseat shared the morning of the strikes on the Hoofy targets in Yemen were minute by minute details of what they were going to do. That was a big part of what he was included and what he was able to see on this signal chat.
Speaker 21: Now the latest traffic and weather together. No accidents to report again in the tri State, You're looking great since anat.
Speaker 8: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: It's over night temperature dropped down to the freezing mark under a partly cloudy sky. Our Wednesday forecast will be partly cloudy, high fifty two and in the afternoon probably a few more clouds with some isolated sprinkles. But for Thursday, Red's opening day, starting at thirty five warming to fifty nine, it'll be mostly cloudy and now it looks like in the afternoon we'll have some spotty light rain coming in from your severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Ketschmark news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: A blob of rain and a little bit of snow floorries in Prebo County around West College Corner heading into northwestern Butler County, and that snow heading towards Eton and West Alexandria, but nothing around the tri State. It's forty degrees and your opening day weather was brought to you by Pella Windows of Doors the Greater Cincinnati make life brighter. It's another large seizure from Customs and Border Protection agents in Cincinnati, as over one hundred thousand pills not approved by the FDA were confiscated at CVG. Six packages of pill bottles full of Archery King tablets were heading from Mexico to California with these pills marketed for arthritis, muscle pain, osteoporosis, and bone cancer treatment. However, officers say that pills like these are not regulated and could cause medical emergencies or death. Today, the Kentucky Supreme Court upheld a murder conviction against Lauren Baker, whose two year old son, Jackson Vote, died of a feentanyl overdose in March twenty twenty one. A jury founder guilty in April twenty twenty three and sentenced her to thirty three years in jail before Baker filed an appeal. The Commonwealth Supreme Court opinion states, although the decision doesn't necessarily state agreement, it does mean a jury could reasonably find someone guilty of murder for doing so.
Speaker 1: On its own.
Speaker 21: The toxology report on Vote showed a fetanyl concentration of twenty one point four nanograms per milli leader. Our next step, that is at midnight Iimley Mawin Whose Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcasts Free never Sounded So good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 13: If you're living with dry age related macular degeneration or dry AMD, you may be at risk for developing geographic atrophy or GA. GA can be unpredictable and progress rapidly, leading to irreversible vision loss. Now there's something you can do.
Speaker 7: To slow it down.
Speaker 13: Get it coin stower ISERB is proven to slow GA progression.
Speaker 7: All serve It's GA coin.
Speaker 13: Stower ISERB or A as encapted pagel is a prescription ie injection used to treat GA. Don't take it if you have an infection or active swelling in or around your eye. ISERBA can cause eye infection, retinal detachment, or increased risk of wet AMD. Iserve may temporary really increase eye pressure. Your vision may be impaired after an eye injection or exam. Don't delay ask your doctor about iserve.
Speaker 25: Today, r Z day, its gaing.
Speaker 13: Visit iserb dot com. That's I Z E r v A Y dot com.
Speaker 1: March is here and this is certainly no exception. I look forward to this interview. In fact, for quite a while. The host of its Supernatural, a man with anessionic vision and message for America and the world, Sid Rawth, joins us once again for a few minutes tonight, h good evening, Sid, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I am so ex I am eighty four hercion and I have been following as a Jewish person that leaves in Jesus. I've been following the Messiah over fifty years, and I have to tell you it gets better every day every day.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. What a great message for people who maybe don't don't understand that or have that vision yet for their lives and for eternity that you have said, wanted to get your impression. Just with a few minutes, we have and we only have a few minutes, but I wanted to get your impression and prediction for President Trump's second term. We're only a little bit more than two months in. What do you think is being done and how is it being guided by God?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I had an auditor in my office a few minutes ago that we do this every year to make sure everything is top notch, and he wanted to know what I thought of President Trump. And then he looked on my desk, and on my desk I have a statue of President Trump holding the American flag. I am thrilled. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, I don't know how the US could have survived unless we had, for the first time in my lifetime, a businessman that's president of the United States. Now, if you ran a business, scary and you were losing money every month, you'd have to cut things. That's what he's doing.
Speaker 15: We're losing so much money, We've.
Speaker 4: Lost track of money. I think that if, and there's a big if, if the court system lets him do what he wants to do. Some he called it a golden age. I call it that too. I believe we'll enter a golden age. But there's some curveballs that'll come. And the curve balls has to do with war. The curveballs have to do with immigration. The curveballs have to do with I can't believe how many lawsuits he has ahead of them to try and straighten America out. And by the way, one more thing, the cabinet that he has. I'm as excited about that cabinet as I am about him. I think this country is really going to get us act together, and so therefore there's some curveballs coming. There's some hard times coming over the next four years. But I believe he's God's top choice for president, and he's my top choice for president. Does that make him perfect? Does it make him like a Hollywood actor in the role? We don't want an actor. We want a hard nosed businessman that can run the biggest business in the world. Two sites.
Speaker 1: It's such a dramatic shift from what we have had. You mentioned we've had these lives. I have time politicians in the role as chief executive officer instead of a businessman, instead of someone with experience in the real world and how things really work. It's just such a dramatic shift. I think that's the problem that a lot of people are having with it President Trump notwithstanding, and the way people have this terrible mental illness called Trump Derangement syndrome that shows itself on almost a daily basis in some places in the media and the like.
Speaker 4: Now, I personally haven't seen a great difference between Trump before he was shot and Trump now. However, I believe there is a dramatic difference. When anyone comes so close to their mortality that they're just human, that they could be gone in a second, it changes them. I think he's gone. I think I think because of the attempts on his life, he's going to be a far better president than people realized.
Speaker 1: Well, that is that is what brought you to Jesus in the first place. I was captivated by you telling your testimony, giving your story about how you were into the occult and spiritualism. And then you know, there was one day when you were afraid you wouldn't come back into your body and you would be lost for all eternity, and you came to Jesus that way. Isn't that basically in a nutshell your story said?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But there's there's a one thing I want to add all right. I went to bed so fearful. I didn't want to wake up, but.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to die.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that.
Speaker 1: I wanted to die. I wanted to live.
Speaker 4: But when I woke up, I actually, for the first time in my life, heard the auto the voice of God. But even more important than that, I felt the glory from God's throne. I have never been an alcoholic, I've never been into drugs, but I can tell you what I felt. There is no close second on this earth. I felt the literal presence of God. It was so peaceful, Gary, it was so wonderful that you could give me anything I wanted. And I'm human, there's things I want. You could give me anything I wanted and say I just have to give up that presence, and I'd laugh at you. It is the presence of God is what we were created for. And this side of heaven, I believe I felt such a great presence of God that it's there is. There are no English words to describe the peace that I felt, and that presence is available to every viewer that we have. I will tell you this though, and there's a prayer in the Bible, and the Bible says if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, so you have to say it out loud and mean it in your heart. Then Jesus and God the Father and the Holy Spirit will literally be in you. And according to this Jewish guy, Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, he says, no matter what you think, because you're human and you've made lots of mistakes, that you become the righteousness of God. When that occurs, you know, when God looks at you, Gary, he doesn't think Gary, assuming Gary, he repented and besas he sayes Jesus how much says he loved Jesus, how much he loves Gary, how much he said, Roth.
Speaker 1: Praise God for you being on the show tonight. I've got to go right now, but I I thank you so much for the blessing. This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health.