Speaker 1: Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to tell you about this new product in this new company that we have partnered with. Step into a new era of wellness with Rife Technology utilizing the power of electromagnetic frequencies. These machines are crafted following the groundbreaking legacy of doctor Royal Raymond Bright, fact by the dedication and research of Matthew Rife, doctor Rife's great nephew. Rife Technology offers genuine relief and harmony, experience life enriched by legacy and innovation, and remember, with a thirty day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
Speaker 2: You can explore with confidence.
Speaker 1: Go to real Rifetechnology dot com right now and shop around. You're going to see their entire product line. If you listen to the Cult to Conspiracy you heard the episode where we use one in shop with our girl Christy, we can tell you firsthand this is some incredible, incredible technology. It comes in a really nice case, It has a tablet that comes with it.
Speaker 2: It gives you a step by step.
Speaker 1: Instructure on how to fire it up, how to use it, and it's incredible. The benefits of it are substantial. It is once again backed by scientific research. So go to the website right now and if you use the promo code cult at checkout, you will get ten percent off of your entire order. Shop now at relrife technology dot com. That's Realrife Technology dot com.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and my name's Jonathan. I'm Jacob, and today we are getting into the Lost Lands. Are we talking on some Atlantis level shit or what here?
Speaker 1: Jacob, I'm gonna be honest, I've mentioned in the past few episodes, let's go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Just get it all out there.
Speaker 1: So we just did the Atlantis episode, okay, and I thought that that was.
Speaker 2: A pretty fun one.
Speaker 1: I'm still not convinced that Atlantis never existed. Ever, I do think that it is so far back in the history that has been lost, like fully lost to the stands of time, that we will probably never actually know.
Speaker 2: And I'm comfortable on that footing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, I mean, especially whenever you get into like the Pyramids, nobody even knows how to date them and stuff, like some people would suggest ten twelve thousand years and even still that is like the oldest thing that we're aware of for the most part, I know that there's some maybe some ancient relics or something like that that maybe go back even farther saying, talking about something that could potentially be sixty thousand years ago, I would imagine everything is lost in the sense of time.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point, right, and that's why archaeology is usually right to a point. But then there's also a lot of things they just assume, like, for instance, any weird artifact that they can't figure out.
Speaker 2: What it is or what it was used for.
Speaker 1: We believe it was for religious or ceremonial purposes, Like you know, it could have been the equivalent of our key chain that they keep finding everywhere, and they just know it is used for religious and ceremonial purposes because typically the quote unquote outliers just kind of are that until they get discovered as something else.
Speaker 2: Right, I do like I do.
Speaker 3: Like to think that, you know, stuff that we don't really understand the use for may have potentially had some spiritual or religious purpose for it, because I mean, I personally believe that you know, us as a people, we were probably a lot more spiritual, I know, animalistic, but you know, I believe that you know, people way back in the day or way way way back in the day, we're probably a little bit closer to nature, which meant, you know, closer to God.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me ask you this hypothetical. And this is a straw man you but hear me out. Let's say, right now, for whatever reason, a nuclear war kicks off, boom, the entire earth is wiped out.
Speaker 2: I'm talking.
Speaker 1: No one survives except for essentially a small group that was in a cave somewhere I think Noah's archetype situation. Human population rebuilds. Thousands of years from now, they find random remains of humans all over the Earth, and it seems, for some reason that all of these humans had this weird significance with lithium, because in every one of them we found trace elements of these lithium that seemed like they were welded to their skeletal structure, i e. Our batteries and our cell phones and bapes that for some reason the plastic melts it away, but the lithium mineral itself attached to our bones. So now, ten thousand years in the future, everyone thinks that prehistoric man quote unquote had a weird religious attachment to lithium so much so that they would go through a special surgery to infuse it to their bones. They would write that in their books, they would teach this in seminars. In reality, it's just vapes and cell phones. But like they would have no context to say anything else.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, I would say that history. You know, they say that a history doesn't necessarily you know, match necessarily, but it tends to rhyme, and so I would say that, you know, whatever we would be going through in the future would be reminiscent of how it all started in the beginning of the past, right, And so I guess it all lends to the your philosophy about the ancient peoples of ten twenty thirty fifty sixty thousand years ago. Were they actually advanced? And is it possible that we could be talking about an advanced civilization, whether it be technologically or some other way to where we're now. We're looking at the ONC as if it was I don't know, maybe it was a fucking hood ornament on a spacecraft or something.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely right, So we don't know, but we're going off with the best evidence that we have, right, And so to that point, this whole Atlantis conversation got me thinking of some other great land masses that have been quote unquote lost to time under the ocean, whatever the case was.
Speaker 2: So this kind of got me spiraling.
Speaker 1: And then I discovered that they have recently confirmed a lost land mass, a lost continent, if you will, and it is confirmed that it was inhabited by humans and animals up until ten thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: That's pretty tight.
Speaker 1: And it's like, bro, bro, this has blown my mind and shifted my reality.
Speaker 2: Where is this?
Speaker 3: Where is this mass at?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna get to it. We're gonna get to it. But all right.
Speaker 1: First of all, lost land mass that we are now going to be discussing is called, as of our current dialect, dogger Land. Okay, now I know it's a weird sounding name. It is between the Netherlands in England. Essentially the English Isles used to be the English Mountain range on the other side of a vast land mass.
Speaker 3: So it's now sunken.
Speaker 1: We are going to discuss why is it, how is it, what is it?
Speaker 2: All the things.
Speaker 1: But first first, let me take you on the rabbit hole that I went down. Okay, so we were talking about Atlantis. We were talking about these things, all the lost information that got me thinking of hold on, now, the Lost Land of Mew, the Lost continent of Mew is something that I have heard in my line of work a time or two before. So I decided that, you know what, before I do any shitting on Atlantis, because again I didn't know about Doggerland when I started this trek. Okay, so I'm thinking like the Lost Land of Mew as we're talking about Atlantis, and I'm kind of nah about it.
Speaker 2: Let's see what's up?
Speaker 1: What do we actually know about the Lost Land of Mew?
Speaker 2: Jonathan? Right off top? What do you just?
Speaker 1: As a run of the mill conspiracy theorist, been a time or two around the block?
Speaker 2: What do you know? Off top?
Speaker 3: I don't really know jack shit about me, to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I knew it was somewhere in Asia. I thought that was about all I knew.
Speaker 3: That's more than even what I know. So I have no idea like are we talking like the first part of Pangaea that broke off? You know, like is it somewhere along those lines?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I actually have a quick little Vigia that's gonna do a pretty good job of laying it all out here. And Jonathan, if these people would like to see what is going on rather than just hear about it with their earballs, tell them where they can go.
Speaker 3: Let me channel my inner Jacob here. If you haven't already, come check out our patreon at patreon dot com slash Cultive Conspiracy Podcast or rockfan dot com slash Culton Conspiracy. Over there, you will be able to chime on in on every single video and every single comment will be seen and discussed by your good cult members of the show over here. We are not cult leaders, we are humble cult members, and we are looking at everybody as if everybody's equal over there. So every thought, every curiosity, every conspiracy, come on, come all, bring it all together over on the cult Patreon. And what you get over there is that you'll be able to come and join us every Tuesday night live at nine pm Central with the good Colt family over there, and it is always bangers of a conversation. This last Tuesday we got into a bunch of wild things. I even busted out the old dowsing rods, and you know, I kind of wish that I hadn't done that, but that's neither here nor there. We're gonna be getting into a lot of wild stuff, and especially this election season, you know there's fuckery a foot, so definitely come join us. It is ten dollars a month if you want to sign up for the Third Eye all the way open and join us every Tuesday night. If that's not something that you fancy, then you can join our five dollar tier and that gives you access to all the videos a couple of days in advance and absolutely commercial free. And the best part about it is it is the best way to support the boys over at the Cult of Conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I'm telling y'all for this episode, a lot of the things we're gonna be talking about, we're gonna have some visual aids and it will be better for you to see it rather than hear it. But you could google image the things we're talking about. You don't necessarily have to write. But I will say, there's so many people that have asked us oh, or ask me whenever I tell them what to do, Oh, where are you out on YouTube? I'm like, Nah, we don't do YouTube. We got kicked off of there in twenty twenty. They're like, what, Look, the only place where we really post these videos is on Patreon. We have a rockfin account. But we're trying to transition into some things and stuffs. But but, like he was saying, it is the best way to support the show. You get commercial free and once again you get to see all of this gloriousness.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's talk a little bit. This is the History Channel.
Speaker 1: It's a little five minute video out the unexplained Lost Continent of Mew.
Speaker 5: All right, one of the most intriguing lost continents is a land mass that is believed to once existed in the Pacific Ocean, a mythical land that is known as.
Speaker 6: The first person to write extensively about the Lost Continent of Mew was a Scottish writer by the name of James Churchwood in the nineteenth century. He was in India when.
Speaker 1: Real quick, I did want to make a mention this before we got into the thick of it. Do you notice that all of these crazy beliefs and new ways of thinking and all these things all just kind of spawn pointed in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see that. And I think the curring theme, well, there was a lot of like fictional stories we're selling like hotcakes back in those days, and because people, you know, it was it was a different time. I'm not saying that fictional stories don't sell well here. I mean, look at the Twilight series, look at the Lord of the Rings, look at all a Game of Thrones, like these are all fictional stories, but they're understood that, you know, they don't exist in our realm. Maybe they were pulled from the ether of another higher dimension. Who knows, but like, uh, but yeah, it definitely seems to be a draw towards these fictional stories that people are saying, Look, we used to be a lot more advanced. I mean, one would hope so.
Speaker 1: But you know, well, I'm not necessarily shitting on the man at this moment, okay, but I've just I wanted to mention it before we played the video and we got side to I got sidetracked. I just I find it interesting. We can talk about it later on, for sure. But like that's usually why I ask whenever somebody brings up an article it's like or a book or something, is like it does it predate the Civil War?
Speaker 2: First off? Like, let's just do that.
Speaker 1: Then we start sifting, but anyway, anyway, so all right, let's learn more about the boy James here, because this is all crazy. His story about visiting a monastery and how he got this information.
Speaker 2: I think you would find it well.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, there is some weird things that oddly, like you know, we talked about earlier. Maybe they don't match, but they rhyme a little bit, especially whenever, because we just covered in that live the Ingersaw Lockwood stuff. Ingersaw Lockwood was the author of Little Baron Trump and the the what was it, like the Trump Prophecy or whatever it was. And this was way before Trump was even born, right, and it's talking about how there's going to be the last president and then Trump goes up on a podium saying, well, this is going to be the last time that you have to vote if I win, And it's like, shit is weirdly checking out, And maybe it spawned from a point of fiction, but then it like manifested itself into some weird kind of way. So I'm not saying that fictional stories are bullshit, you know, but maybe there's something to them. I don't know. Let's find out a little bit more.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, right, if it's a written down story based off of an oral legend, there's that kernel of truth, there's that possible game of telephone that had to originate from somewhere, and so like that trail of breadcrumbs.
Speaker 2: I enjoy following.
Speaker 1: But anyway, yeah, well to your point also about Trump, he just addressed that on the Flagrant podcast because they're like, so apparently you're just gonna fucking end at all here, and he's like, no, no, I meant because the evangelical voters don't vote for some reason, Christians do not go to the polls very often.
Speaker 2: The ones that do absolutely do, but most of them just don't really bother.
Speaker 1: And I was trying to get them because I was in a church when I said that, and I was like.
Speaker 2: All right, that was a fair yeah, fair counterpoint.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. But it's just like, you know, as I guess where I was going with the whole the engersol Lockwood books that were being written, what was it like eighteen ninety something those were written, and you could say maybe that was some automatic writing. I don't know, I'm not gonna get too weird here, but people have gone into automatic writing where they just go into a full on trans mode and they're writing shit down. Singers, authors, movie writers, all like book writers, all this shit. They all talk about how they go into this weird trance, which some people call automatic writing, possibly pulling information down from the ether just to get a little weird.
Speaker 1: Then I'm glad you said it the way you did, sir, because I'm gonna be honest with you. Not knowing much about Mew before I started digging, I didn't know where a Scottish writer would have got this information. But wait till you hear the story. And I'm not saying this in an incredulous way. It's actually pretty wild.
Speaker 6: In the nineteenth century, he was in India when he visited a monastery and the monks there had recorded, apparently tablets that referred to this place called Mew. That was this huge continent that supposedly existed from Hawaii in the north down to Easter Island in the southeast, right the way across the Micronesia in the west, and the people there were supposedly called the Nakau. The continent of Miu thrived perhaps fifty thousand years ago and was sunk beneath the wives, possibly at the end of the last ice.
Speaker 7: Age my great grandfather James Churchward. Eventually he became friends with the Rishi of the temple that he visited in India, and then the Rishi's mentioned that he was a member of the Nicoll Brotherhood, the holders of wisdom and knowledge of the lost continent of MoU. There were mighty navigators and sailors and established civilization in other parts of the world.
Speaker 5: According to James Churchward, the Nicoll civilization had a population of more than sixty million people at his peak, before a massive volcanic cataclist caused Moved to vanish beneath the waters. So for our no evidence of the last continents has been found on the ocean floor, but some researchers claim that incredibly, a tiny remnant of move may still exist above water today on an island located in a remote part of the Pacific Ocean, roughly twenty five hundred miles northeast of Australia, by the ruins of a once great ancient city, Nanmdal. Nanmadal is a complex of man made islands built with massive stone blocks that float atop a submerged coral reef.
Speaker 6: So as you approach Nanmadal, there are a series of islands, and they're built actually on coral the only place in the world where this actually occurs.
Speaker 4: And you've got all these incredible structures.
Speaker 6: Made of these prismatic blocks.
Speaker 8: At Namadal, you have these ridiculous bast columns. They're huge, some of them up to like forty tons even more. In some cases some of them are raised very high up in the air on the very top levels. So there's a real problem when it comes to try and understand how they moved these millions of tons of bassout columns.
Speaker 6: One of the biggest mysteries surrounding Nanmado is that nobody really knows who constructed it. But there's some very strange stories about how the city came into existence. For instance, one of the stories talks about it being constructed by so called master builders turning up and using a magical force to raise the blocks into the air and put them into place, almost as if they could levitate these blocks.
Speaker 9: Some people actually suggested that maybe Nanada was a remnant of Moo that was still above water and it was simply indicative of what had sun beneath the waves from this advanced civilization. Nan medals in Micronesia, so it fit the correct general area, and this is one reason people thought in terms of mood when.
Speaker 8: It comes to looking for this lost Continent of Moon, Places like nan Madon really do suggest that it could be much more down there than you realize. On the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 5: It's hard to picture an entire continent with people living on it simply vanishing into the sea.
Speaker 2: And yet.
Speaker 5: All over the world there are legends of lost civilizations that were swallowed up by the oceans.
Speaker 2: Thank you, William Shatner.
Speaker 1: Now all right, at this time, what are your thoughts on the Lost Continent of Moo. Well, we'll talk about Namadal specifically, but the continent itself.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I do find oceanic stuff. I can't think of a better word. I do find that, like the certain discoveries of what's on the ocean floor, to be quite fascinating, because it is estimated that we have only really mapped out and explored five percent of the ocean floor, five percent of all of the ocean floor. So it's not to say that that automatically proves that there are lost lands that are underwater, but it leaves up for possibility that the vast majority of the ocean floor has not even been touched, that hasn't been discovered. Nobody knows about how deep. You know, most of the oceans are, and you know, then you know it's it's kind of like difficult to even go down so far at certain points, even if you're in like a submarine, because just pressure just fucking eats you alive. But like, it is interesting because I think that it kind of lends a little bit of credience, credence to the possibility of move being at the bottom of the ocean floor, which is pretty freaking cool.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's like like you're saying, we don't actually absolutely know what's down there as far as the plate tectonic shift goes. How do we know that one giant chunk of the middle of it just sank down as a way of jostling around and positioning itself once the plate split off.
Speaker 2: We don't know that. So it's within the realm of possibility now, not like that.
Speaker 3: It's because they mentioned Hawaii, right, It was like close to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: They said that it was in the Pacific Ocean, and it basically connected with Hawaii Eastern Island and Namadal.
Speaker 3: This is a.
Speaker 1: Massive, massive chunk of the vast Pacific Ocean, which, like all the Polynesian and Samoan tribes had to learn how to wayfined with their hand, with the stars and current temperatures to find these specks of volcanic islands in the middle of this massive ocean, right and they were masters at it, all these things.
Speaker 2: Moana watched the movie.
Speaker 1: It's they talk about all these things, which culturally was really really on point.
Speaker 3: And they're coming out with another Moana next year. I'm super stoked about it.
Speaker 2: I know. I know the kids are pumped too. I'm gonna see it. I like the movie Be Honest.
Speaker 3: With You, which, by the way, I just found that the Kung Fu Panda four already came out. It's on Peacock. It never even went to the movie theaters.
Speaker 2: That's the one where he.
Speaker 3: No, it just came out like a couple months ago.
Speaker 2: That's not the one where he found the rest of the Panda family.
Speaker 3: Huh No, that was the third one. Oh shit, yeah, there's a fourth one. And uh I only know that because I had like the Spotify playlist on shuffle and I was listening to like a lot of Tenacious D and shit like that. And then I saw that Jack Black saying a version of hit Me Baby One More Time, and it was part of the soundtrack of Kung Kung Fu Panda four. Oh my god, dude, it is fucking hilarious. Like listening to that song, it is great. So yeah, I'm waiting until I get my son back and we're just gonna fucking watch that movie. I'm pretty stoked about that.
Speaker 2: Jack Black's just awesome, isn't he great character? Anyways?
Speaker 1: So with the Mawana thing, right, So I will say this about Disney, at least they made very very special attention to making sure that they got all the cultural references correct. They made sure that they used only people that were true Islanders to voice all of the characters. They kept it real on that one, which I thought was pretty dope, Like, for instance, I wish they would remake Pocahontas with real Native Americans, Like that would be dope. And I don't, you know, like the whole storyline, or at least have them be voiced by them. So whatever, because it wasn't that a big scandal not too long ago. Pocahontas's actual descendant didn't support Trump and the Voice of Pocahontas.
Speaker 2: Did I saw articles about that once upon a time.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, well I didn't.
Speaker 2: That was during the Trump Clinton election.
Speaker 3: Actually interesting, I've I've heard like differing stories as far as like, you know, the old Washington Redskins. There's some of the Native Americans that are like, no, not the Redskins anymore. Right, They're called the Commanders, which is stupid. Yeah, but like a lot of the Native Americans are like, dude, you weren't really necessarily like disrespecting us, if anything, you were honoring us. And that that character that they had on the Redskins helmet, that was actually a real Native American and so it was like honoring him. And so I don't know, it's just a bunch of white people thinking that every white person is racist.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I get it. It's complex.
Speaker 1: But anyway, anyway, so as far as these island nations, right, and apparently this massive continent that connected.
Speaker 2: All of them. The theory on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Hawaii is a bunch of volcanic islands, mean that they are constantly going more, they're growing, right, the lava's bubbly over and cooling, in the ocean, and slowly but surely that grows the island. So it would makes sense that Hawaii would stick out Easter Island being the same way. It's a giant mountain range. Allegedly there's a pyramid there. Who even be no in Then you got Namadult which has all these structures that are built. So for somebody keep in mind though he was a Scottish writer in the eighteen hundreds, so I wanted to do a little bit digging on him. See if he was a fraud, See if he was just a writer. Was he a bit of a moonlight archaeologist person. There's all kinds of things. So let's go into it.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I will say right off the top, they do make a incorrect statesment here. This is Encyclopedia dot com. By the way, they say that, I'll read this first one just to make this point. Churchward James eighteen fifty two to nineteen thirty six, author of several books about the lost continents of Mew or Lomuria, the Pacific Ocean equivalent of Atlantis. Born in England in eighteen fifty two. Okay, pause, Lamyria and Mew are two different locations.
Speaker 2: There's two different storylines.
Speaker 1: About each of those, because as a matter of fact, the next place we will be discussing is Lemiria before we get to Doggerland. So just so we're clear, they made the Encyclopedia dot com website first sentences already off to a rocky and shaky start with me personally.
Speaker 3: So that being said, I guess you could see maybe how they might be the same thing. Lou or Mew and Lemuria. There's a mew in Lemuria.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And plus Lamia is supposed to be in the Indian Ocean, which is next to the Pacific Ocean. So like, I'm thinking that maybe some brainiac who is typing this up just kind of combined it all. I don't I don't exactly know, but I'm mean, but as we do with the cult of conspiracy, we are calling out the red flags and the fallacies where we see them, all right, So that would be one that the mainstream the Encyclopedia dot Com did, in fact just get wrong for sentence out the Gate.
Speaker 3: Okay. He uh born in England in eighteen fifty two. He stated that he became friendly with a Hindu priest during a famine in India in the nineteenth century, and the priest led him to a collection of ancient clay tablets hidden in a cave and taught him a language called Nakal, by which the tablets could be deciphered. According to Churchward, these tablets told the story of the lost continent of Mu, a primitive garden of Eden destroyed by volcanic action. No one ever saw the Nicoal tablets, and it is likely that they never existed. More important in building church words vision of is it Mu or Mew?
Speaker 2: I've heard both?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Anyway, his vision of Mew were the writings of Augustus les plngon A.
Speaker 1: Remember we talked about him when he was doing archaeological digs.
Speaker 2: But he was a photographer.
Speaker 1: Remember he was taken pictures of the Mayan and Aztec ruins and things like that.
Speaker 2: So he was another talking head at this time.
Speaker 3: He was an archaeologist who had spent the last decade of the nineteenth century studying the Mayan remnants and the Yucate He believed that he had deciphered the hieroglyphics that told the story of an ancient land Mew. He published his results in a book called Queen MoU and the Egyptian Sphinx in eighteen ninety six, and then Churchward inherited la Plungin's papers.
Speaker 1: We did, in fact talk about his writings later on. That was the story that he wrote. And now Plungin.
Speaker 3: His his visions like weren't as crazy as other people, though.
Speaker 1: They weren't, but he also didn't declare things. He said that he found remnants that would lead him to believe that it was possible that the Mayans were actually the Atlanteans. He was making speculations based off of things he saw for the first time ever allegedly allegedly that a European was able to see these and take these pictures and bring it back and decipher them and look at them with this lens. He knew at least that there was more to the story. Now, he may have been making some claims. Maybe he brought up Mew, maybe he brought up Atlantis, maybe he brought up all of these things. And then he said that they were connected to the Egyptian hieroglyphs if you remember. Doesn't mean that they necessarily were, but it was the first time that somebody was able to look at this all on connected dots on a courtboard, so to speak.
Speaker 3: Church Word took laplungen speculations into the realm of pure fantasy. He picked up the He picked up on the theosophical myth of Lemuria, which he identified with Laplungen's Mew. His first book on the subject, called The Lost Continent of Mew The Motherland of Man. It appeared in nineteen twenty six. It was followed by three additional volumes expanding upon the theme church Words. Mew was located in the South Pacific. It extended five hundred by three hundred miles in the area from present day Hawaii to Fiji and from Easter Island to the Mariana Islands. It is or it was believed to be inhabited by the white race that worshiped the Sun, believed in immortality, and built cities. The continent was home to sixty four million people when it was destroyed ten thousand years ago, and only a few survived. Church Word died in la on January fourth, nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so this is when my research kind of took the dip.
Speaker 1: I was with them for a minute there until it said that it was inhabited by a white race that in and of itself led me down that other rabbit hole, because I really wanted to see what there was about the lost continent of Mew. There had to be more than just him, Right, what about that language then a call language or whatever else?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So the problem is that as I look up Nicall, the very first one under it brings up HP Lovecraft, And then we go into that other rabbit hole of Okay, now we're getting into the realm of absolute fake and make believe.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and so interesting.
Speaker 1: It kind of it kind of threw me off. Now, I was like, wait a minute, what about that reach that he talked about? Right, So read real quick what a rishi is.
Speaker 3: In Indian religions, a rishi is an accomplished and enlightened person they find mentioned of various They find mentioned in various Vedic texts. Rishi's are believed to have composed hymns of the Vedas. The post Vedic tradition of Hinduism regards the rishi's as great yo great yogis, or sages who, after intense meditation, realized the supreme truth and eternal knowledge, which they composed into hymns. The term appears in poly literature as ishi. In Buddhism, they can be either Buddha's paseka, buddhas a rahats, or a monk of a high rank. Okay, So yeah, I knew I've heard of the rishi's before, you know, and it yeah, it makes sense that it would be a great yogi or sage, okay.
Speaker 1: And so it makes sense also that in he did in fact go to India, that is true. And so he did in fact meet up with some people. But he was a Scottish writer. He also, come to find out, was really good friends with a couple of other people of Scottish and Irish writing that were members of the OTO who were also writing literature at this time. And claiming that it was some far east, uh found lost knowledge kind of find out he was friends with Lubotsky.
Speaker 2: And it's a whole thing. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Back in these times, it wasn't that crazy to be in a brotherhood, like a secret society, like it was mainly just a bunch of brotherhoods who would get together and maybe they would perform, be performing some kind of you know, occult write or some kind of spell work or whatever they're doing. But for the most part, I would say that it was a lot like maybe the the Freemasonic Brotherhood of today, where people would get together, maybe they would look and try and see how how can they better their own lives and maybe maybe throw on a black cloak and light some candles or some shit. But for the most part, I would look at these as, you know, kind of harmless.
Speaker 2: Personally, you would think so.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that every member of every organization has got malicious intent, right, But that's the problem. When you look at the OTO, you also have to mention Alistair Crowley, who was somebody who was doing evil for evil intent. There's other contemporaries of his that claimed that they were doing the same thing. So it sucks that one bad apple will ruin the bunch. But that does in fact kind of be like that. But again, and I'm not saying that he was.
Speaker 2: A member of OTO.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that he was really, really, really tight friends with multiple writers who also were high up in the OTO.
Speaker 2: So far Eastern new ways.
Speaker 1: Of thinking, lost information, things that nobody had ever heard about before. This played in very very well. Now the recent history of it right. The history documentary we just watched the second a little five minute that brought up Nanmadal, now Nana Medal is fascinating for multiple reasons.
Speaker 2: We have talked about it before.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, these these long not cylindrical, but they're oblong carved stones that were stacked almost like Lincoln logs. But they're stone on this random island in the Pacific, and that's fascinating for so many reasons. So I did a little digging on that one as well, because as they brought it up, I was curious what the quote unquote official narrative of this was. Come to find out, the United States National Park Services has an entire page dedicated to it, and the story of it is actually pretty fascinating as well. But it's also been confirmed for a few different reasons, and that kind of discredits the Lost Island of Mew conversation.
Speaker 2: So let's dig in.
Speaker 3: By the way, I do want to say too, something that I've been discovering on my journey here, not only as a podcaster, but maybe as a maybe even a spiritual kind of person who likes to look into a lot of secret societies and ancient wisdoms and stuff like that. Is is once you start getting into you know, older literature of people who have been involved in some kind of secret societies. We've gone over a couple of them. It seems to me, and I could be wrong on this, but I feel like I'm picking up what they're putting down. Whenever they talk on you know, ancient sites, ancient lands, and even certain star systems and certain planetary alignments and stuff like that. It seems to me that a lot of this stuff it doesn't necessarily have to be one hundred percent true, because I think that they're just using it as a symbol within their occult magic. That's my personal belief that I think that, you know, And just for example, whenever me and Sean read The Magickian, which written by this guy named Philip Cooper. He had a great understanding of certain occult and magic and spell work and you know, Building your Temple and all that fun jazz, which was a great book, and I feel like I kind of, you know, I understand a lot more about this kind of stuff, you know, which I think helps with the cult because we go over a lot of occult stuff. But one thing that he said in that book was Whenever he's talking about certain planetary alignments and stuff, he doesn't necessarily believe that there's an energy that is coming from the stars and is directly affecting you in his mind. He's just using it as a symbol for his subconscious mind work, that is the temple within your own mind. So that's a way of looking at it. I'm not saying that that's how they all do it, but that was his way of interpreting it, and that is my way of like looking at it. You know, at least right now.
Speaker 1: I could say at least the people of the day and age of the eighteen hundreds didn't see it that way. They were physically doing things to get physical results at least. And again I'm not saying every single person associated with some sort of a high wizard, Okay, like the level person is like the entry level person. Just because they happen to be somebody famous doesn't make them immediately controlled by and da da da da.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where it gets into the whole idea of I mean placebo. This is where I think that it really starts to play into it. Like if you really if you're I don't know. Let's say you're outside, you know, and you're practicing some moon magic or something like that, and you know, mercury also happens to be in retrograde, So in your the temple of your mind, you're performing this magic as if mercury is having an effect on your body, and subconsciously you eventually, you know, accept that you're doing it in the right you know, star climate that now it makes it more accessible and more possible for whatever kind of religious right that you're trying to carry out. And so, I mean, that's a way of looking at it, but I'm not gonna say it's the way for everybody. I think that a lot of it just has to do with the subconscious mind, dude. And because there is is like the symbolism. We We've gone through symbolism plenty of times before where it doesn't this like you know, they'll use a sword or a cup, or a wand or a shield, or you know, they use certain things that are they they're only symbols. And even right now I have I have incense like burning right now, white sage incense. It's my favorite one. And personally, whenever they teach you to whenever you're meditating or even within certain occult like behavior where you're trying to you know, set up your temple. They say that the and this is just an example, but they say that whenever you whenever you're doing that kind of stuff, you want to light an incense, And not because it has any magical powers or features or anything like that. It's that it is the smell of it is putting your subconscious and your mind into a zone like in a in a weird way that lets you know that, all right, this is a magical space. It's not necessarily that it is a magical space. It's kind that just teaching your mind to think that it is. And so that's that. I don't know, that's just kind of I wanted to touch on that. I'm not saying that it necessarily pertains to this. It's just kind of a little background.
Speaker 2: Okay, So anyway, let's talk about Namadal.
Speaker 1: So anyway, as we're talking about an episode about lost continents.
Speaker 3: And all, you know, yeah, let's get back to that.
Speaker 1: So Namodal again is the possible last remnant of the continent of Mew allegedly. However, there is an official history of the island and it actually has been kind of fact checked and verified to a degree, but there's some room for interpretation on this, So let's dig in.
Speaker 3: Few historic places in the Pacific are as intriguing as Nanmdal. The city ruins are on a coral reef and a lagoon on the tiny island of Temwin, adjacent to the eastern shore of the island of orone pone Pie.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fuck up the pronunciations here, y'all, sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Or I feel like it's probably Pompeii.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because that the language of all of the islands, dude, is very difficult. I would be butchering it myself. And then when you get to the Polynesian languages, there's only fourteen letters. So that's why it's like Khalikilikilikiliki is different than Khalikiliki because like they keep adding more syllables of the same thing because they ran out of them.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, either way, it's adjacent to the eastern shore of the island of Pompei in the Federated States of Micronesia. Before its abandonment, Namidal was a major political and spiritual hub for native Pompeiians. Throughout its five hundred year life from twelve hundred to seventeen hundred, the city served as a religious center, a royal enclave, a fortress, an urban marketplace, and the high seat of government for the island of Pompeii. Relatively unknown outside of Micronesia, the city of Namidal is a hidden gem of Micronesian history and culture in a grand site from modern visitors. During its height, Namodal was the seed of the Suddalor dynasty, which united all of Pompey's estimated twenty five thousand people. The Sandalor were originally a foreign tribe who came to Pompei and installed themselves as rulers of the island. The Sandalor first appeared around the year eleven hundred and built Nanmodal around twelve hundred. According to Pompeian oral history, the first Sandalor to arrive on Pompey were two brothers, al Li Sheepa and Alo Alo Sopa Okay. There were canoe faring sorcerers who received their powers from the gods and used their magic to build Nanmdal. This is so impressed or this so impressed the native Pompeiians, that they invited the Sandalor to marry into their tribe. When one of the brothers eventually died, the other declared himself king. The Sandalor built Nanmodal as a temple for the farm god non issown Suppua, the god worshiped by the Sandalor nobility.
Speaker 1: All right, so right off top, there's some room for interpretation. We got some master builders coming up on a canoe, some sorcery going down, and that these people basically just asked these visitors to marry in and then become a king when one of them died, and all that stuff, and all of that is that room for interpretation. Who's to say, right, However, even orally they have understood that this was built in twelve hundred AD, So like, even orally speaking, they don't believe that this is like thousands of years old lost history any of that. They believe that this was like they're relatively recent ancestors that built this. It would be the same as us like looking at Notre Dame and saying like, yeah, the European ancestors built that, and they have pictures and they have depictions and the blueprints and all this stuff. About it, right, So that's where it kind of like, all right, is the island necessarily a remnant of Mew but not necessarily because it's built on top of a coral reef.
Speaker 2: The reef has been there for forever.
Speaker 1: This island was built on top of it, allegedly in the year twelve hundred eight D.
Speaker 3: So that's if you want to believe. That's if you want to believe oral tradition.
Speaker 1: Like I said, there's probably that kernel of truth somewhere. Now, does the person who is passing down the story remember exactly in the year of Our Lord twelve hundred eight D and all this, Like I don't know, right, how did they say that? Was it this many lunar cycles? This many times this star has been in this position, and that's how they juxtaposed the actual date on it. Who's to say, but at least they know that it wasn't like pre it what in BC.
Speaker 3: Right? Right? Yeah, yeah, for sure, I mean, who's to say, dude, There's there's even been like weirder ways of counting days and weeks and months and years, and like, you know, I just found out this thing, a fun little side thing here. I just found out the ways in which people back in the day, they would they would count a dozen in one hand. So like for all the Patreon watchers, you would do like, all right, so all of your your first four fingers excluding your thumb, they all have three little slits in them, right, and so you would count the pinky one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine, and so four times three would be twelve, And so you would have twelve and a twelve in one hand. And then if you wanted to add the Baker's dozen, you'd throw in the thumb bro and.
Speaker 1: Counting the creases on the hand. I never thought about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, pretty neat.
Speaker 2: That's fucking wild.
Speaker 1: But okay, so again we're talking about these crazy oral traditions and how they got passed down. What do we have as far as real dates on anything, Well, at least right here we have in sixteen twenty eight, we have an actual year associated with something happening at Namad.
Speaker 3: In sixteen twenty eight, the warrior hero iso Kekel Isokellkel. I love these names. The warrior hero Isokellkel led an invasion on Pompeii and defeated the s Sedular tribe Pompeiian oral history says that Isokellkel was a demigod and the vengeful son of the Pompeiian storm god Non Soapwa, who had grown unhappy with the tyranny of Nnison. Sapua and the Sedular historians believe that Isokellkel was the leader of a band of micro Micronesian settlers from the nearby island of Causre. Isokellkel led his war band of warriors, women and children in victory with the assistance of the oppressed Pompeiian populace. With the defeat of the Sandalore Non medal significance of Pon to Pompeiians slowly eroded. In was eventually abandoned in the eighteenth century.
Speaker 1: Okay, so basically, as soon as it was built, it was inhabited, and it didn't stop being inhabited until the seventeen hundreds. Now, before we get into Lemyria, as far as the lost continent of mew goes, I'm not saying that it one hundred percent does not exist.
Speaker 2: Okay, It's very possible that it exists.
Speaker 1: I am saying that the only written history, the earliest written history of it that we have came from a Scottish writer with no archaeological background, who allegedly got this information from a Hindu a resi from clay tablets, claiming to be the lost brotherhood of something that doesn't exist, And when you search it, it immediately pulls you into HP.
Speaker 2: Lovecraft.
Speaker 1: So does it mean that there's no lost continent out there in the in the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Does it mean that it's the story of mew as we have been led to believe from certain sources in the history channel.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially whenever you get into the whole white race kind of thing. That's very you know, going into the arians of Hitler, it's going into you know, Atlantis was all like white people, or not necessarily white, but what were they? Colonial people? Right and not savages?
Speaker 1: Right exactly. And see, you got to look at the time, place and audience. Right in the eighteen hundreds when he wrote these books, slavery was still in effect in a lot of countries. Right, the Civil War had I'm drawing a blank on when he had wrote the book, but the Civil War had probably just drawn to a close. There was a lot of racial divide within not just America, but a lot of Europe.
Speaker 2: And I could understand why they would say that this enlightened race had to be white and all these things.
Speaker 1: Eugenics was a normal conversation to be had at the dinner table about how certain races shouldn't be allowed to breed. That was a normal dinner conversation in most households in a certain day and age. Now, that's disgusting and abhorrent, and we know this now, but apparently back then, in their mindset, this was normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense, I mean. And the thing is is that I'm not one to hate on our ancestors in history because maybe they seemed, you know, racist, or they were slave owners or something like that. You got to look at it, dude, like times are always changing, and like the context is always so important, especially whenever it comes to history, and so tearing down statues of fucking Thomas Jefferson because he had because he had a slave, it's like, dude, like almost everybody did you know what I mean? Like, if you were of importance, if you had some sway over the people, you probably had the help. And I'm of course like that's unacceptable now, but that was acceptable back then. And so we can't just try and erase history because it's racist or anything like that. History is history. You can agree with it or you can disagree with it, but it will always be history. And whenever we try and go erasing history, then you get crazy stories like this popping up because now nobody knows the history and everybody's drawing off their imagination. Like, let's try and keep history around. You know, as as like fucked as it may be, it is still history.
Speaker 2: But yes, we do need to learn history.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said it, because you have said so many times why is history important?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: However, you have to look at it through a lens. You have to look at it through context. Because if we read those history books, the good guys have always won one hundred percent of the time. Yeah, right, and nothing has ever been out of sorts. The story is exactly as they've told us, one hundred percent. No, that's not a correct way to look at things either. We have to look at it. We have to keep our feet on the ground, yet our head in the clouds. Let's try to look at it from the optimistic point of view. Let's try to look at it for the reality of it. But you're right, history is very rarely. Pretty yeah, in the reality of the situation, No, we hear of these glorious wars, these glorious battles where this man came out victorious.
Speaker 2: You understand, like thousands.
Speaker 1: Of dudes cleaved themselves to death with enlarged knives, and that's how this glorious story came.
Speaker 2: Like, yo, very rarely is history pretty right?
Speaker 3: Right? And just because just because we may have certain emotions about history, we disagree with it, we don't like it, we don't want to stand up for it, we don't want to believe it because of its disgusting nature or whatever, like, it still happened. And you know, and and I get that you do want to look at it through a certain context, but you don't necessarily have to look at it like, oh, well, it must be the right way because that's how they did it. It's like not necessarily always so cut and dry.
Speaker 1: Sometimes yes, sometimes absolutely the way they used to do it was the better way, the correct way, sometimes not.
Speaker 3: Given the day and age, and you know, the tools and the knowledge that they had, they did the best with what they.
Speaker 1: Did, absolutely, and then you look at what they were able to accomplish with the means that they had at that time, and it is mine blowing and that's how you see these things, and you're like, bro, humans clearly had more going for them at certain points in time than we do now. But then you see the things we're able to do, and it's like, there's there's obvious breakdowns, there's obvious gaps.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And another one of these big gaps leads us to our next conversation about the lost continent of Lamria, because this is one of those where it falls in the middle. We got Mew, which is pretty much completely falsified at this time. We have dogger Land that is completely confirmed to be true in all way, shapes and forms, and we got Lamiria. Lamiria is this weird example of one that has been quote unquote confirmed false yet recently has been discovered to probably have a lot more going for it than what we originally believed. But but because certain people who come out to be pieces of shit later on referenced it, it threw more spirals into the mix.
Speaker 2: So are you ready to dive into the land of Limeria?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's go, dude.
Speaker 10: No matter where you currently reside in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North or South America, or even Antarctica. You've probably been taught these seven continents of the world in school, but did you know there might just have been another continent. Ever since the days of the Greeks, people have tried to prove that thriving civilizations once existed on huge islands that have since sunk beneath the sea. And if you're guessing Atlantis, then you might be surprised to know Atlantis isn't the only once great civilization to have allegedly sunk beneath the waves. We're talking about the lost continent of Limuria. In the mid eighteen hundreds, a few scientists, working from scant evidence, theorized that there once was a lost continent in the Indian Ocean, and they called it Limuria Limuria. What started as a straight lay scientific theory ended up attracting all sorts of true believers, from Victorian occultists to Indian nationalists.
Speaker 1: I'll say that that's also quite interesting that it brought Victorian era occultists into the same conversation as Indian nationalists.
Speaker 2: This is a wild one, brother, it really is.
Speaker 3: I can't say that I'm surprised like that kind of just brings back to what I was referencing to earlier, that I think that people just use this for their occult behavior and not necessarily historical, you know, realness.
Speaker 1: But this is one where there is at least that shred of historical realness with it.
Speaker 2: So let's keep going on.
Speaker 10: This lost continent. Some even thought there once lived a race of now extinct humans called Limurians, who had fore arms and enormous hermaphroditic bodies, but nevertheless are the ancestors of modern day humans and perhaps also nemurs. The story of Limuria begins with the British zoologists named Philip Sclater, who wrote an essay in eighteen sixty four called the Mammals of Madagascar and It. Sclater wondered how Madagascar, an island off the eastern coast of Africa, could be home to dozens of species of small catlike primates leamers, while the entire continents of Africa and India had what Sclater believed to be only a few species of lemurs. Kingian Africa and India.
Speaker 3: Segan, no, I was just making a joke, King Julian Ah, King Julian absolutely.
Speaker 10: Yeah, had no true lemurs at all, but Slater grouped some other big eyed primates as lemurs. This was long before plate tectonics and continental drift, or household words. Plate tectonics didn't gain traction until the nineteen twenties, so Sklater's best guess was that lemurs originated on Madagascar and migrated to Africa and India over a vast land bridge the size of a great continent. Sclater wrote, I should propose the name Limuria, naming the hypothetical continent after his fari friends. Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species in eighteen fifty nine, and for those who accepted his controversial theory of natural selection, there was one burning question, where and when did the human race first emerge? In a popular book titled Tistory of Creation, an influential German biologist named Ernest Hakel peddled his own theories of evolution.
Speaker 2: Name it real quick, real quick.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk more about Ernest Hakel here in a little bit, but before.
Speaker 2: We talk about what he's about to say, keep.
Speaker 1: In mind he is a German scientist in the late eighteen hundreds early nineteen hundreds who has theories about evolution. Just so we're already taking that not yet, those guys didn't come into later, but that was a common theme in the culture of certain groups.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, they weren't saying sekta just yet, just yet. The socialism movement hadn't taken hold yet, because let's not forget the Nazi Party is a socialist party as a matter of fact, that's what the Z slash s in Nazi stands for.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the precursor to the Nazis possibly.
Speaker 1: Just you know, one of the scientists that they would reference later on, is all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: But let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Maybe Aleman no I was saying, maybe a paper clip gentleman.
Speaker 1: I don't believe a paperclip gentleman because he was He wasn't that type of scientist, right, but he would have been the type that would have been listened to as far as what makes certain groups of people better and more efficient than others who are subpar.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, we know that the Nazis were like heavy into the occult, and maybe a lot of their occult behavior stems from this guy.
Speaker 1: Is kind of where I was going okay, all right, i' se where you're going on. Well, I see the connections and it's there one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, let's.
Speaker 10: Get revolution, naming Slater's lost continent of Limuria as the likely cradle of humanity. According to Hegel, there were twelve varieties of men, and the first humans to evolve from ancient primates did so on Limuria and spread from there around the globe. Hegel wrote in eighteen seventy the probable primeval home or paradise is here assumed to be Limuria, a tropical continent at present lying below the level of the Indian Ocean, the former existence of which in the tertiary period seems very probable from numerous facts and animals and vegetable geography. It should be noted that Darwin wasn't exactly a fan of land bridges and sunk in continents. He once wrote a letter to Charles Leal, a prominent geologist who promoted the idea that continents routinely sunk and resurfaced, saying, if.
Speaker 3: There be a lower region for the punishment of geologists, I believe, my great master, you will go there.
Speaker 10: Well, all this might seem outlandish, these ideas flourished for a time, both in pop culture and some corners of the scientific community. Of course, modern science has long since debunked the idea of limoria altogether.
Speaker 2: They've debunked it allegedly, or.
Speaker 3: Have they allegedly? I don't know how you necessarily, I don't know how you debunk something when you don't have all of the facts. Whenever you've only discovered ninety five or only discovered five percent of the ocean floor, how do you go about debunking something whenever you only have five percent of an idea?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 2: Right? Absolutely and all right.
Speaker 1: So to say that Madagascar at one point connected to Africa, that's not a crazy theory. I thought that was understood to be true. So to say that there was a lanmbridge connecting that, why is that's not crazy? To say that there may have been a lanmbridge connecting it to India.
Speaker 2: Again, you look at it.
Speaker 1: Which countries, which areas of the world have primates that look like they do on Madagascar? A logical scientist again, the guy who came up with this idea was a zoologist.
Speaker 2: He was a real professional in this. He wasn't a hobbyist.
Speaker 1: He was making a hypothesis based off of what he saw, and it's not a crazy theory, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: This other guy proposed that that might be where because.
Speaker 1: Again certain sources say that maybe some humans evolved into lemurs and some evolved into humans.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It got a little weird there for a bit.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, Darwin's theory of evolution had just become talking points.
Speaker 2: People were openly questioning whether.
Speaker 1: They believed in the creationism or the darwin as an aspect for the first time in human history for the most part.
Speaker 3: Well, and to be fair, like if you saw an animal that you knew was like, if you saw an animal that you knew was primarily from one area of the world, and then you happen to see that same animal in another area of the world, you would suspect that they there was some kind of land bridge if there is a big gap, so like for example a function. Yeah, like for example, if you thought that there was a land bridge from Australia to Antarctica, for example, and maybe you would come to that conclusion because I don't know, maybe there's a YETI version of a fucking kangaroo living in Antarctica or something along those lines.
Speaker 2: I see what you're going with it. Yeah, one percent, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Look, there's only certain places on Earth that tigers exist. Right If the Earth was wiped out right now and they were to do digs later on and somehow found tiger fossils in that area of the world, they would reasonably assume that tigers lived in that area, and since they can't find them anywhere else, they would kind of be cool with that.
Speaker 2: Although actually, shit.
Speaker 3: I mean, most of the world's tigers are in fucking Texas right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought about that.
Speaker 1: After I said it, I was like, damn, they're gonna think that tigers actually populated Texas and by the number as they technically do now.
Speaker 2: But that's I mean, that's kind of like an awesome isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is pretty rad. But it's kind of like chicken or the egg kind of thing at that point.
Speaker 1: And that's the same game we play, right, That's wild. But again they say it's been debunked, but has it really?
Speaker 10: But then in twenty thirteen, geologists discovered evidence of a lost continent precisely where Limuria was said to have existed, and the old theory started cropping up once again. Soon other noted scientists and authors took the Limuria theory and ran with it. With help from Hackel, Limuria theories persisted throughout the eighteen hundreds and into the early nineteen hundreds. This was before modern science discovered ancient human remains in Africa that suggested that continent was actually the cradle of humankind. This was also before modern seismologists understood plate tectonics. Without such knowledge, which many continued to embrace the notion of Limuria, especially after Russian occultist medium and author Elena Blavatska Jahn published A Secret Doctrine in eighteen eighty eight. This book proposed the idea that there was once seven ancient races of humanity, and that Limuria had been the home of one of them. This fifteen foot tall, fore armed hermaphrodite race flourished alongside the dinosaurs fringe theories.
Speaker 1: Even if we are to believe that dinosaurs are not fag and gay. With that, with that assumption, of course, Madam Blovotsky was speaking about things if we are to assume that they're not faking gay Okay.
Speaker 10: Suggested that these Lemurians evolved into lemurs we have today. Afterward, Lemuria understandably found its way into novels, movies, and comic books well into the nineteen forties. Many people saw these works of fiction and wondered where authors and filmmakers got these fanciful lighted Well, they got their ideas from scientists and writers about seventy five years before. But can there be a possibility that lu Warria was real in twos.
Speaker 1: So just throwing that out here to answer the question that we proposed earlier. All of these writers in the you know, late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds, where do they get all of these crazy concepts from. They got it from scientists about seventy years prior, because to them in that day and age, this would have been considered sci fi.
Speaker 3: Well, I just looked it up the book that she was referencing. As far as Madame Wilvad's Doctrine. Yeah, the Secret Doctrine. I just looked it up.
Speaker 2: It's like her most famous work.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: Uh, you can get it on Amazon, dude, for I mean the paperback version for five dollars and ninety five cents. But I was looking it up. It's only one hundred and thirty four pages, but it's interesting. The book review it says, the origin and evolution of the universe explained in terms derived from the Hindu concept of cyclical development. The world and everything in it is supposed to alternate between periods of activity and periods of passivity. The periods of activity lasts many millions of years and consists of a number of Yugas in accordance with Hindu cosmology. That's I mean, some people will like to because we all right, this and this, I guess you can make the case for like global warming, about how there is certain cycles and that's where you get into the Yugas and the Cali Yugas and shit like that. I hear a lot about that kind of stuff on Crow Triple seven podcasts. He talks about the Yugas and the changing of the age. Some people want to say that we're moving into the age of Aquarius. It's kind of in that realm of like the Hindu Vedic, you know, version of our astrology as far as yugas and timeframes.
Speaker 1: So the same way that our Scottish writer Homie went to India, found some quote unquote information and wrote a book about it that people thought to be real. Blavotski did the same thing, and she was confirmed a member of OTO, and she was a contemporary of Alistair Crowley, and she was doing.
Speaker 2: These types of rituals.
Speaker 1: Although she was kind of a reason why OTO went into the direction that it went, because she was pushing a lot more Eastern Inveadic philosophies while a lot of the other other members of that group were looking into Christian esotericism and Western you know, cosmology if you will, So they kind of had a splitting of the mind, so to speak. She was very, very influential in Eastern esotericism making its way into the mainframe in Europe.
Speaker 3: But right, and this astrology is so different really across the world too, Like when.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about astrology, I'm talking about like cosmology and witchcraft and magic and that type of stuff. Okay, yeah, the stars come and play into that in some way, shape or form, but that's whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's of this same day and age.
Speaker 1: And where was she getting these theories from scientists seventy years prior when they were writing essays to each other theorizing about certain things. So it's all in the same timeframe where people were looking at things from a different perspective. They were looking at new possibilities, you know what I mean. Eugenics was being discussed, evolution was being discussed, lost continents, lost civilizations, all these things are being discussed. New books and new literature were being written about it every year, it seemed, and it was just getting more and more crazy. But again, in twenty thirteen they did that study and they found remnants of a land connection. So again it's not necessarily that's that kernel of truth. No, I don't believe that Madagascar aka Lemeria or whatever was ever the home of a fifteen foot four armed lemur primate hermaphroditic race. I don't personally believe that Madam Blovotsky did, and that's on her. I'm not throwing shade. But when you look at the connection of the lambridge that they talk about, it later on got more confirmed.
Speaker 3: I just bought that book, by the way, you want to know, I said, just bought that book.
Speaker 2: Of course, dude, I would expect nothing less.
Speaker 1: You must bring it up on the on meta for anybody who hasn't gone and checked out meta, you should.
Speaker 3: You should, Yeah, dude, especially like these kind of books that are like, you know, a cult like and you know, I've never personally read anything from Madam Blovotsky. But it's only one hundred and twenty seven pages. I can easily bang that out in three episodes on Meta Mysteries.
Speaker 2: Dude, Absolutely, dude, I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, all right, let's go into more confirmation about this lost land that may or may not be real.
Speaker 10: In twenty seventeen, researchers discovered some interesting evidence near the nation of Mauritius. Any scientific theories of a lost continent and land bridge responsible for the migration of lemurs is gone. However, scientists found fragments of granite in the ocean south of India along a shelf that extends hundreds of miles south of the country towards Mauritius. On Mauritius, geologists found zircon despite the fact that the island only came into being two million years ago and thanks to plate tectonics and volcanoes, slowly rose out of the Indian Ocean as a small land mass. However, the zircon they found they're data to three billion years ago, eons before the island had even formed. Scientists dearized what this meant was that the zircon had come from a much older land mass that long ago sunk into the Indian Ocean. It's gleaty.
Speaker 1: So just so we're on the same page here, they found a granite shelf with zirconia that all matched the same strand if you will, zirconia by that's a cubic zirconia that you can use as like quote unquote fake diamonds. Zircon is like the raw form of that. So they found this thread under the ground that now confirms that this at one time ancient, long ago. They're throwing billions. They're throwing millions too. The fuck knows, doesn't matter. You're telling me that there was an actual connection and that you just confirmed and are now side stepping.
Speaker 3: Pretty interesting. I have a question, It might be a stupid question, but to your knowledge, I mean, this is probably something that's well known. Are all land masses where they all formed because of volcanoes? Like every land mass on the Earth, is it all because of a volcano?
Speaker 1: No, Pangaea would be the origin that a lot of people will.
Speaker 2: Go off of.
Speaker 3: And then there was was Pangaea formed because of a volcano.
Speaker 1: No, No, from what they can tell, Pangaea formed basically from the forming.
Speaker 2: Of the Earth.
Speaker 1: Interesting, like when and this is just my understanding, and I understand that this is the understanding as the textbooks in public school education.
Speaker 2: Have allowed, right, and a little bit of my own research.
Speaker 1: But basically, when cut from the Big Bang and cut to all of this clump of everything just kind of forming into a big ball of something and then slowly over time forming into a spherical esque type thing, skip the forming of the atmosphere, and now we have land and water on this ball.
Speaker 3: Right, Google's AI says, No, Pangaea was. It was not formed by volcanoes. It was formed by plate tectonics, but volcanic activity may have contributed to the breakup of Pangaea.
Speaker 1: So, like I was saying, all of this is pretty much gone into a ball. We have our high ridge point, and then we have everything else that's low, which is where the water collected and formed.
Speaker 2: Right. Cool, we had the oceans.
Speaker 1: We had the massive just chunk of shit that's above water on this ball that was formed when all the plates collided together to form this massive land mass. Allegedly allegedly now what caused them to split. Could be all the volcanoes blowing at the same time, could have been a meteor, could have been a combination of both. Could There's a million things as to why the plates started to split apart. But then they slowly but surely over time have split into what we have now is our land masses. That's the going theory, and we can track them moving because we can see how close I think it's. The last time I checked, it was like, is it six inches a year?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably not even that.
Speaker 2: It's been a hot minute. I'm gonna be honest with you, but I'm the.
Speaker 3: Course of time of billions of years, possibly allegedly. I don't know how long this earth has been around, whether it be billions or millions. Maybe it's thousands, but I mean, there's no way of really knowing, I think.
Speaker 1: But the point of the whole Limeria conversation they know for sure that there is at least hard rock that at one time, especially if you think about the Ice Age, how sea levels were different because the ice was so frozen, like you know what I mean, that expands that water that would have been in the ocean is now frozen up top, so it's a whole thing. It's very possible that with lower levels and that hard rock surface being there, that that might have actually been more of a valley than an ocean, and that is.
Speaker 2: Now being more and more confirmed. So let's hear a little bit more.
Speaker 10: In our a story about Limuria was true. Almost Rather than called this discovery Limuria, geologists named the proposed lost continent Moraitia based on plate tectonics and geological data. Moraitia disappeared into the Indian Ocean about eighty four million years ago, when this region of Earth was still turning into the shape it holds today.
Speaker 2: It's been eighty four years.
Speaker 10: And while this generally lines up with what sklater had once claimed, the new evidence puts the notion of an ancient race of Limourians that evolved into lemurs to rest. Moraitia disappeared eighty four million years ago, but lemurs didn't evolve on Madagascar until about fifty four million years ago, when they swam to the island from mainland Africa, which was closer to Madagascar than it is now. Nevertheless, Sclater and some of the other scientists of the mid eighteen hundreds were partially right about Limuria despite their limited knowledge. A loss continent didn't suddenly sink into the Indians and vanish without a trace. But long ago there was something there, something that has now gone forever. Unfortunately, Limro's had little to do with anything of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Limoria being proposed first by this guy named Philip schlater, okay, and I did want to read a little bit about him, because again, he wasn't just some theorists, He was a real professional.
Speaker 2: He was a zoologist.
Speaker 3: Philip Luteley Sclater was an English lawyer and zoologist in zoology, he was an expert ornithopol ornithologist, ornithologists.
Speaker 2: That's the dudes that do monkeys.
Speaker 3: They do monkeys.
Speaker 2: Damn well, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They're the monkey experts, or the primates, or the you know, all of those things.
Speaker 3: I imagine that there have been people who have done monkeys.
Speaker 1: Though some people say that's where AIDS came from. We know that that's an incorrect statement. We know was created. There's a patent number, there's a whole thing to it. Like people have been staying wild shit for a long time, and unfortunately beast. Reality's been a thing as long as people have been disgusting, so you know.
Speaker 3: And he was identified, or he identified the main zoo geographic regions of the world. He was the secretary of the Zoological Society of London for forty two years from eighteen sixty to nineteen oh two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, like like I said, you boy wasn't no half stepper. But let's read a little bit about his career on once he got out there in the real world.
Speaker 3: In eighteen fifty eight, sklater published a paper in the Proceedings of the Linnaean Society setting up six zoological regions, which he called the Palearctic, the Athiopian, Indian, Australia, Australasian, Austrasian, Nearctic, and Neotropical. These zoological or zeographic regions are still in use zoo geograp these words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because yeah, to keep in mind, he wasn't looking at the lamb masses. He's looking at the animals specifically that live in these regions, and so he wasn't looking at necessarily continental divides, because there are certain continents where the same species transists across both, you know what I'm saying. So that's why he broke it up into the paleo Arctic, which is just that whole region. We got the athy open, which I think is just the Upper European. Indian because the subcontinent of India is a thing in and of itself, the Australian because Australia and Asian kind of do connect in.
Speaker 2: Certain zoographical regions. I get this.
Speaker 3: He also developed the theory of Lemuria during eighteen sixty four to explain zoological coincidences relating Madagascar to India. In eighteen seventy four he became private secretary to his brother George sklater booth MP Military Police.
Speaker 2: Now I believe that the magistrate, basically it's like a damn it. We talked about this before. Magistrate principle.
Speaker 1: Basically he's like a judge or like a he's got legal authority over a situation.
Speaker 3: Later he was Lord Basing. He was offered a permanent position in civil service, but he declined. In eighteen seventy five, he became president of the Biological section of the British Association for Advancement of Science, which he joined in eighteen forty seven as a member. He was elected as a member of the American Philosophical Society in eighteen seventy three. Sklater was the founder and first editor of the IBBYSS. It was the journal of the British Ornithologist Union that word okay. He was the secretary of the Zoological Society of London from eighteen sixty to nineteen oh two, and he was briefly succeeded by his son before the Council of the Society made a long term appointment in nineteen oh one. He described the Okapi to Western scientists, although so he never saw one alive. His office at eleven Hanover Square became a meeting place for all naturalists in London. Travelers and residents shared notes with him, and he corresponded with thousands. His collection of the birds grew to nine thousand, and these transferred to the British Museum in eighteen eighty six. At around the same time, the museum was augmented by the collections of Gold, Salvin and Godman, Hume and others to become the largest in the world. Among Slater's more important books were Exotic Ornithology and Nomenclator AVM, both with Osbert Salvin. Okay, so it's just getting into all the works now.
Speaker 1: So essentially, this guy was a real zoologist. The things that he talked about are still referenced today, the works that he did, the categorization, all of this. Like, he wasn't a weird guy. He was a real professional and he proposed limeria as an idea, a theory to bring about certain connections to the lands. And this is how he did it, right, I'm just showing that he wasn't. It wasn't like he just got drunk one night and started talking shit, wrote some things down and came up with it.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, it also said that he received an honorary science doctorate from the University of Oxford too, So he wasn't no, he wasn't no scrub.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And so when he spoke and said that there's a possibility of lemeria, people listened.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about this dude, Ernest heikel Hackel. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Basically there was a little bit of some racial controversy over some.
Speaker 2: Of the things he said. Let's let's talk a little bit here.
Speaker 3: The German Darwin Ernest Hackel live from eighteen thirty four to nineteen nineteen was a key figure during the First Darwinian Revolution, a time when the foundations of the modern evolutionary theory were laid. It was Haeckel who crucially contributed to the visualization of the Darwinian theory by designing genealogical trees illustrating the evolution of various species, including humans. Although the idea of explaining human evolution by natural selection belongs to Darwin, Hackel was the first who attempted to create a new exact anthropology based on the Darwinian method.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean again, it's not the best in the world, but he was trying to shoot his shot.
Speaker 3: Trying to immediately reconstruct human evolution. Proceeding from the description of modern populations led Hackel to the views, which from the contemporary perspective, are definitely racist. Hackel created racial anthropology, intending to prove human origins from a lower organism, but without the intention of establishing a discriminatory racial praxis. Although hierarchical hierarchical in its outcome, the Hekilian method did not presuppose the necessity of racial hierarchy of current living humans. It is crucial to grasp in what sense Hackel's theoretical explorer and human evolution were racist, and in what sense they were not. Our argument flows as follows. One of Hackel's pupils was the Russian ethnographer, anthropologist, and zoologist Nikolai nicol Jewitch Lucho Maclay.
Speaker 1: Home boys got four fucking Russian ass names. There's no way, There's no way. Let's just say McLay. McLay and Hackel were. They worked closely together for several years. They traveled jointly, and McLay had enough time to learn the major methodological principles of Hackel's research. Yet, in contrast to Hackel, McLay is regarded as one of the first scientific anti racists who came to anti racist views using empirical field studies in Papua New Guinea. Right, So we don't have to go more into it because it just kind of breaks down into the I mean, we really could. We could break down how this guy was such a racist asshole and all of these things. But here's right here, Well, let's just go into Hackel's racial anthropology.
Speaker 3: When Darwin introduced his theory of evolution. One of the sharpest controversies arose around the origin of man. Hackel was convinced early on that Darwinian principles are applicable to human evolution. Having only two fossil remnants at his disposal, Hackle tried to reconstruct human phylogeny, So how you say that, yeah, as ologenious, as well as global migration of ancient humans. Darwin reacted favorable to Hackel's anthropological publications. In the introduction of the Descent of Man book, he wrote, referring to Hackle's The History of Creation something written in fucking German, I'm supposing almost all the conclusions at which I arrived I find confirmed by this naturalist, whose knowledge on many points is much fuller than mine. In quotes praising his contemporaries and predecessors who shared his view that man descended from a hypothetical extinct lower form, Darwin enumerated and quotes several eminent naturalists and philosophers, but emphasized a superior role of Hackel by saying that his conclusion was maintained especially by Hackel. Darwin even admitted that if Hackel's work had appeared before his The Descent of Man book had been written. He should probably he should probably never have completed it.
Speaker 1: Right, the same Darwin that said we come from monkeys, same dude.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, he rebuted the idea that we came from monkeys on his deathbed, supposedly right.
Speaker 1: But this is back when he was full tilt. This is back when he was like the guy everybody was talking about, Charles Darwin.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, and even so much that like, what was it the monkey on the wild thornberrys was named Darwin? Yes, yes, yeah. Hackel was occupied with oh, hold on. He was occupied with human phylogenny for forty five years, beginning with the Stettiner vortrog Or speech in the city of Stettin in eighteen sixty three, ending with the r Ancestors book in nineteen oh eight. In contrast to Darwin, who merely postulated the descent of man from an ape like Ancestor, Hackel tried to reconstruct and visualize the exact pathways of human origin. For him, it was a task of a very special mission, or of all the individual questions answered by the theory of descent, of all the special inferences drawn from it. There is none of such importance as the application of this doctrine of man himself. But these efforts made him into a highly controversial figure. Pushing forward a hypothesis that is widely accepted today that several human species coexisted on Earth. Hackel suggested that the alternative species may still exist opposed his famous and quotes phylogenetic trees to capture his idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can already see where this is kind of going, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean we don't really have to read the entirety of it, but you could see that it's literally called pedigree of the twelve species of men, and this is how he broke down which ones were the ones that are still left where they all came from, and it makes them very strong. Later, later philosophers and later Third Reich leaders would use these very philosophies and thought processes and books and literature to back their claims to do heinous, heinous acts on the world.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is what he's talking about, the phylogenetic trees. So it's kind of like some kind of map that he has of like the lower level humans rising up to the top of the tree, which would be the highest level humans, which it's pretty fucked up whenever you're looking at all of like the bottom of the tree, all up to the top of the tree, you have like the Mongols that are evolving into the Chinese and the Japanese, and then those Chinese. Uh, they eventually evolve into the Siamese and the Chinese and the like. Oh wait, it's the Pudo Chinese and the Corco Japanese that eventually evolve into the Japanese and the Chinese and the Siamese of today, which eventually this.
Speaker 2: Is the German one, this is the English one, and so like.
Speaker 1: Look right here, the Madagascars and the Polynesians are of the same race allegedly according to him.
Speaker 3: And they never evolved further than what they're at, because even past that you would have the Americans on top and the end of Germanians on top as well, along with the Semites and the Caucasians. And yeah, you could see how oh and the Tartars. How about that you got the Tartars on this board too.
Speaker 2: The Tartars are what we now call the Mongolians.
Speaker 1: The maps that they looked at still refer to that area of North Asia as Tartaria. That that only became something else actually after he died. I would to say, actually, pretty much World War One wiped away Tartaria off the map because they got real particular about which countries had borders with which ones.
Speaker 3: After that, bitch, okay, you got the Hyperboreans on there too. It's pretty I mean, it'd be cool if it wasn't so fucked right.
Speaker 1: But you also see, as you're looking at this, how many other random theories and conspiracies and connections and things that we've brought up would probably be referencing this fucker's work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: And that's that's just kind of how it goes. And there's a lot of literature written about this. If you want to see what's going on again patreon dot com. He had these profiles made to try to bring out certain features. He essentially was a racist, and again per the day and age, a lot of his contemporaries were as well.
Speaker 3: But again yes, maybe not even knowingly racist, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, again per that day and age, that wasn't seen as racist by people right. As a matter of fact, his protege was what was said to be one of the first anti racist scientists.
Speaker 3: That was wild back then, right, right, So I don't know, I mean you also got to look at like, I mean, I'm not trying to stick up for people like this because you know whatever, but like if you look at maybe they maybe they had like limited sources that they could pull from, and so a lot of it was really probably just pulling from like all right, well, you know, there are these white people who are clearly more advanced than the rest of everybody else, and maybe he was laying that as an overlay on top of the history of the world, that like maybe the white people evolved at a faster raid than anybody else, which is stupid because you can clearly see throughout the realms of history that you know, there's obviously slavery and racism and people who were held down by the by the you know, the the colonizers and whatnot. So absolutely agree in a way, you could say that if that story would be true, it would be because certain colonizers were holding down other races, right, And that's that's the bit of it, right, Like the theory of Wakonda, for instance, like as a thought experiment, if an African nation would have been left alone and had abundant resources, then they had to know how to do what they do with them.
Speaker 1: Could they have developed flying craft? Could they have developed tanks? Could they have developed all these things before European powers do. There is nothing saying that they couldn't have done that right, except for the fact that they pretty much were oppressed and hailed down by their colonizers. And that's what led to and not just in Africa. You look at any of these third world countries. I forget which philosopher I heard say this, but the world isn't bankrupt like the world. If you look at any section of the world, there is no area that is like desolate and devoid of everything. Certain areas may be good at doing things and others. And what he meant by that is certain areas might be more aggregable for farmland, certain areas might be better for mineral extraction, certain areas might be better in manpower. Yes, that is in fact a resource. When you have an extra one billion people on standby, that is a real tangible resource to make things happen. Right, if you look at the way the world is supposed to be structured, we have more than enough land to go around, food to go around, water to go around, medicine to go around. But we have an issue where we hoard all of resources for ourselves and that stems into other problems.
Speaker 3: Greed causes a lot of problems. Yeah, probably the most problems stem from greed.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And so that's why we hear these fantastic stories of these lost lands, and we like to daydream and imagine that they were so much better than that, right, that they were technologically advanced, that they had medicinal things that we have no idea about. They have I lost information, I mean lost to us, but like for them, was information that made them so much better. But that is under the assumption that greed hadn't poisoned them way back when, and there's nothing to say that it had. There's also nothing to say that it hadn't because we don't know. And then we look at the story of Atlantis allegedly debunked. We look at the continent of Mew as far as I could tell, debunked. We look at the continent of Lumeria, and there's a kernel of truth there and there's possibility that at one point in time, all of that stone that is under the ocean was actually dry land, and that the lemurs that live on Madagascar didn't swim to the fucking mainland, they walked or swung on the trees that were growing there that connected these lands.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool, dude. I mean, it's it's almost impossible to know these things for sure because we just, like I said earlier, like we just haven't discovered enough. And that's why I find it so ridiculous that we're funding we're funding NASA so much money, millions of dollars of taxpayer dollars every single day are going to NASA to explore space. It's like, dude, how are you going to explore space something that is off planet whenever you haven't even explored what's here? You know, like, what could be so much more astounding in space that you couldn't possibly find at the bottom of an ocean somewhere. I mean, there are certain animal or certain sea creatures and stuff like that that are completely undiscovered. You go up in some of the Amazon hasn't even fully been discovered. We don't know what all remedies and herbs and animals and maybe even people that are still living in the Amazon. We don't know nearly as much as we should. I feel like we should not to say this in a harmful way. We should probably conquer this place before we start conquering the sky.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right. I think you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: And with that, let's talk about the lost continent that has been confirmed and is currently being studied. Jonathan, Let's talk a little bit about Doggerland, because this in and of itself is fascinating to me. I'm go go ahead and share the screen one on another game. I got a couple of different videos. I'm a play and I got a couple of little things we're gonna read, but this one, all right, listen, listen to any of the conspiracy heads out there. Mini minute Man shits on conspiracy theorist left, right and center. So whenever he did a video talking about a lost continent, I had to see what the fuck he had to say. And because he is an archaeologist, anthropologist, all these things, when he speaks so on it, he calls himself a science communicator. So I wanted to know from source of science, so to speak, what is the going narrative about this confirmed land mass called Doggerland.
Speaker 12: Ajured discoveries in archaeology and natural history, The locals were familiar with it for far longer than science had been, and Doggerland was no different. Those who lived on the shores of the North Sea were all too familiar with the putrid black stumps that would appear at low tide. In fact, they were so familiar with them that they actually referred to this phenomenon as Noah's Wood, a reference to the mythical deluge in the Bible, which the locals used to explain the stumps underwater.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, like he's saying, they pretty much knew that this existed. There was no question that you know, these these giant chunks of black shit were all around them at all given times.
Speaker 12: Riteena geologists by the name of Clement Reed, became one of the first scientists to actually look into the phenomenon of Noah's Wood. His book, called Submerged Forests, became one of the very first actual scientific publications theorizing that there was a sunken land mass in the North Sea. In the book, he notes that the stumps extend far out below the low tideline, and he infers from this that at one time these must have been immense forests, and that these forests must have extended far out into what is now an ocean.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 12: He backs up this claim by looking at some other discoveries by the local coastal people. The local fishermen were all too familiar with finding washed up animal bones on the shores and having their hooks and lines ensnared in chunks of peat far out into the ocean.
Speaker 2: Ya, okay, so what are you thinking at this time?
Speaker 1: By the way, dogger Land is allegedly named after excuse me, after what was considered like a trawler boat, which is they call it a dogger So since they've been trawling in this area for so long, it got affectionately known as dogger Land, and then when they first wrote about it, they just kind of stuck to it. Okay, the do their trawling, are pulling up animal bones for forever that they can't even identify.
Speaker 2: And they've been doing this.
Speaker 1: Again for forever, and no one thought to dig deeper until you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: See what I'm saying, dude, Like, why are we not more interested in what's at the ocean floor? Like, oh, how could you not be more interested? Especially understanding how plate tectonics work, how volcanic activity works, that like obviously, if we're going to learn and from actual past, like that would be the best way to learn. Because if you can see that there are animal bones that are being pulled up from like animals nobody's ever heard of. There's the skeletal structure has allegedly never existed in science, Like this is far more fascinating than fucking going out into the nothingness of space, you know, if space is indeed not fake and gay.
Speaker 1: Jonathan, I am so glad you said it like that, because I agree.
Speaker 2: And when you look at all these writers.
Speaker 1: The Blovotskis and the Crowley's and all this, and they're talking about these ancient lands, these ancient ways. Dude, their land was founded upon druidic ruins next to a lost continent that none of them fucking mentioned because they were more focused on what's going on in India when they're real ancestral history was sixty feet below the surface of the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild to me, but let's continue.
Speaker 1: I want to throw shade because this land itself is wild and I cannot wait to see what they discover now that they're doing it, because I think they may realistically find some sort of ancient druidic remains. I fucking hope they do, but I'm getting ahead of myself, getting ahead of myself.
Speaker 12: Coas belonged to extinct animals, and that chunks of pete weren't just collected out to the low tideline, but far out to sea. The locals even had a name for these, referring to the chunks of pete dredged from.
Speaker 4: The seafloor as moor logs.
Speaker 12: But perhaps one of the biggest connections that Clements makes is to something called the Dogger Bank. It's an area of the North Sea about sixty miles from the nearest land, but it has a depth of only about sixty feet. This seemingly random area of shallow water was very well known by all of the local fishermen, so with all of the pieces that Clement was collecting, he created this the first ever geologic map, roughly outlining what would go on to become known as Doggerland.
Speaker 4: Knowing what we know today, it is.
Speaker 12: Really amazing looking at this map, because in nineteen thirteen, with almost no technology to actually map the seafloor, Clement managed to put together a really good map of what Doggerland would have.
Speaker 1: Been like real quick, I do want to pull that picture back up again. If you notice he is bringing in mainland England, mainland Europe, and there's rivers that currently reside today. We will discuss those in a minute. But the rivers that you can trek now that they are exploring the oceanic floor like they're doing in this area. The rivers from Europe still to this day that once flowed through Doggerland into the North Sea.
Speaker 2: You could still see the craters of them. You could still see the cuts.
Speaker 3: Dude. All right, dude, let's go this wild shit.
Speaker 12: This is because the ocean is rising or the land is lowering. Though with the information he had at the time, he speculates that this was due to the land getting lower, which we now know to be not true, and he even postulates when this subsidence ended about three thousand years ago, and he uses some pretty logical trains of reasoning, even if they are incorrect by today's standards. This paper is absolutely amazing and is available for free online and is linked with the rest of my sources in the description. If you're looking for a fun read to just kind of like flip through and look at some cool old diagrams and stuff. I recommend you check it out. In the final page of Clement's book, he says this, in this connection, it might be worthwhile systematically to dredge the Dogger bank in order to see whether any implements made by man can be found there. With his conclusion, Clemens had correctly inferred that if there was land, there must have been people. Now, unfortunately, Clements would die just three years after the publication of this book in the year nineteen sixteen, and he would never know that his hypothesized lost land would.
Speaker 4: Go on to be proven true.
Speaker 12: I mere fifteen years after Clemens's death, would is widely regarded as the first artifact from Doggerland was recovered.
Speaker 4: The artifact, of course, was none.
Speaker 12: Other than a six inch long bone harpoon dredged from the troller Colinda.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your thoughts before we do anything else, sir?
Speaker 3: That's supposed to be a bone right there.
Speaker 1: That is a six inch long bone. It's carved bone harpoon.
Speaker 3: Because it kind of looks like copper almost, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it was found in the peat. You gotta keep mind.
Speaker 1: These trowlers drugged this up and it was I mean it's we'll discuss why it's actually a red antler, red stag antler, so that might also be why it's a little bit of reddish tint. But it was submerged in mud and pete for thousands of years and then was dredged up by a fishing boat on accident.
Speaker 3: That is freaking awesome. So it's said to be like a possible an antler from some kind of deer, but it was carved into seemingly by ancient people.
Speaker 1: We are going to talk more about the harpoon and a bit, I promise you. However, at this time, let's go ahead and read a little bit of some histories or historic mysteries, if you will, Doggerland and the Lost Kingdom of the British Isles. Because this goes oh as you're talking abut Kung Fu Panda, that commercial popped up on screen they are currently listening cult members.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Anyway, let's go ahead.
Speaker 1: And read what the historical narrative is at this time of Doggerland.
Speaker 3: Beneath the waves of the North Sea lies a long forgotten kingdom known as Doggerland. It is a submerged land that once connected what is now Great Britain and to mainland Europe. This mesolithic landscape, lost to the depths of time, offers a unique window into a prehistoric world. Hidden under the waves is a rich history that predates the separation of the British Isles from the European mainland, revealing a civilization that thrived in an era long before recorded history. In recent years, excitement around Doggerland has peaked, and as the discoveries pile up, its history feels more relevant to a situation today than ever before.
Speaker 1: I will say that you're going to hear a lot of global warming references because sea levels rising. It's a part of it, dude, when we're talking about this land that has been washed under the ocean. But then if you look at it, it's not like it broke away. The sea levels rose and it swallowed it. That being discovered as of now also leads a lot of credence to these people that are saying that humans are causing the Earth's temperature to rise. I do not understand how they see it that way. Apparently this land was lost over ten thousand years ago, and somehow human industry is making this a thing today. I don't see the connection but that is something that I should preface this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hear a little.
Speaker 3: Bit about dude. Cars have been around for like one hundred years.
Speaker 1: We have been Humans have been involved in heavy industry quote unquote for about two hundred years. I'll give you two fifty, all right, that you're telling me that we have done so much irreputable damage in two hundred and fifty years that apparently ten thousand years ago alleged dudes with harpoons made of bones were facing That's what we're saying right now.
Speaker 3: But okay, it's so ridiculous. It's so ridiculous because if you actually I know, I get a little woo woo on here, but if you actually look at the Earth as a living, breathing being and compared to an animal, a human or whatever, that would be like that would be like saying, all right, so, if human pollution is what's causing global warming, and that's what's causing it to have these crazy cycles of hot and cold and waves going up and waves going down, and things starting to freeze and things starting to unthaw because they can't decide whether it's global warming or global cooling. It would be in the same retrospect as saying, well, when Jacob, whenever you're emotional, because you know the human mind and the body, it has its ups and downs. We have high emotions, low emotions. Maybe we get a little depressed or anxious, or maybe we experience some kind of happiness or joy or whatever. There's just the range of the human emotion.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But if that's like saying, well, because we drilled for oil, Jacob, the reason why you're in such a depressive state is because we did it to ourselves by drilling for oil and the gas the cars that are driving down the road. It's your fault as to why you're feeling depressed. But it's not necessarily only your fault. It's all of humanity's fault, right, because we have to just look down on our at all times, because equally fucking ridiculous, I think, absolutely all.
Speaker 1: Right, So now let's read a little bit more about Britain's Mesolithic Atlantis.
Speaker 3: During the Mesolithic period around ten thousand to six thousand years ago, Doggerland was a sprawling expanse that linked modern day Great Britain to mainland Europe. This submerged kingdom extended across what is now the north Sea and was a biodiverse lowland believed to have been inhabited by a Mesolithic population. It was made up of river river valley's estuaries and lush rolling landscapes, and from what we can tell, it was a veritable Garden of Eden.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at these maps, suit.
Speaker 3: Okay, shit, So Doggerland and Dogger Bank, the British Isles and maritime area of sunken Doggerland. So the yellow would be the Viking Bank and the orange would be the dogger Bank.
Speaker 1: Shoal Well, I mean you could see here how like the plate tech tonics of it all. And you see how the northern part of the UK and this right here the southern part of Norway, how they connect and you see these things right? Sure, I said, I said Norway. I mean shit, hold on, is that the Netherlands or Norway? Because I said something else earlier.
Speaker 3: Scandinavia.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yeah, that would be the the island mass, yeah, Scandinavia, Viking people, and you see how they are pretty much on a straight line latitudinally to each other.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good that we bring that up now, because it's going to play in here in a little bit with more confirmation of how not only did this land confirmed exist, but they were way more intelligent than what we realized.
Speaker 3: So they weren't savages, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Not from what I can tell. As a matter of fact, they were so intelligent that they knew what coastal erosion was and we're doing things to prevent.
Speaker 3: It, okay. Situated in what is now the North Sea Basin, Doggerland was a land bridge created by lower sea levels resulting from the Last Ice Age. The presence of ancient river valleys beneath the sea attest to the regions once vibrant ecosystems, and the likely presence of human settlements is It is this human presence that is so exciting. It's believed Doggerland was home to nomadic hunter gatherers who migrated as the seasons changed, fishing, hunting, and foraging Doggerland's lush landscape for goods like nuts and berries. While Doggerland may be deep beneath the waves, today it is a treasure trove of Mesolithic artifacts. The Lost World, or this Lost World, may have much to teach us about Britain's earliest settlers and their swap from the hunter gatherer lifestyle to an agricultural one.
Speaker 1: So you know, yeah, we'll read that part and then we'll watch Lavidia.
Speaker 3: So does such a huge land mass disappear? Or so, how does such a land mass huge land mass disappear never to be seen again. Well, perhaps a warning of things to come. We have global warming to thank for Doggerland's disappearance. Temperatures warmed up and ice melted at the end of the last glacial period. Vast amounts of water were released, causing a rise in sea levels. At the same time, the land itself began to tilt as the massive weight of all that ice relaxed, in what is called an isostatic adjustment, almost like a teeter totter. As the once ice laden land rose, Doggerland sank even further into the rising sea levels. Around By around sixty five hundred BC, Doggerland had sunk to the point that the British Peninsula was completely cut off from the European mainland and Britain became an island. All that was left of Doggerland was an upland area called Dogger Bank, which remained in island until roughly five thousand BC. So hold on let me gather this. If what they're trying to lay down here.
Speaker 2: They're saying because these dates are quite interesting.
Speaker 1: As we just talked about Plato with his story about some lost lands so many thousands of years prior to him.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, So if Doggerland sunk sixty five hundred BC, which would be what like fucking eighty five hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: Allegedly right around the time the Pyramids are being built, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if it's sunk around eighty five hundred years ago, what the hell does human cause global warming have to do with this?
Speaker 2: See, That's what I'm saying. They keep trying to bring it in.
Speaker 1: It's like, this is the melting of the last ice age that led to this.
Speaker 2: Water rise and bah bah bab.
Speaker 1: But global warming It's like, wait, bro, what can can you? Can you talk about the the find without starting to bring in some sort of a hot button issue.
Speaker 3: For today that that just reminds me of Remember remember what was it, uh, the hurricane that we were experiencing back in like twenty twenty and Biden's like, well, the main thing that you can do to prepare for this hurricane is to go get your your COVID vacs. Yes, that's oh my god, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, before this hurricane hits, we want to make sure everybody gets their vaccines so they're ready for you know, in case you lose power and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Bro, what what are.
Speaker 3: You talking about? Is that going to keep me afloat? Does this vaccine has does it? Is there helium pumped into it? That's going to allow me to just float to the top of the water so that I can survive? What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: We want to make sure that before this hurricane hits, you go get you fill up your gas tanks, right, because we know the gas pumps are gonna be out for a while. And if you can't get gasy car, how will you drive yourself to the clinic to go get your free COVID vacs?
Speaker 2: How can you do that? You need to make sure you get your gas.
Speaker 1: And it's like, Bro, you could have stopped at a certain point in that sentence and it would have been fine. Why did you have to shove that one in our faces again?
Speaker 2: So global warming is the new one.
Speaker 1: Everything that I can find about anything mew Lameria, all of these things had to do. I didn't play all of those, and I didn't let us read those, but I'm telling you now, I found so much global warming bullshit surrounding two continents that science doesn't even believe existed. But we need to talk about global warming while we're at it.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, what dude?
Speaker 3: Science just has a fucking raging hard on for global warming for some reason, because it's the only thing that explains away everything.
Speaker 2: It gives them funding.
Speaker 1: If they can claim that whatever research they're digging into may be connected to a case against global warming or for global warming research in favor of whatever, they are more likely to get funding.
Speaker 3: You gotta get that cheese. This is why, this is why it's This is a very clear opportunity to take and say you don't always trust the science. Don't always trust it because it's backed by big dollars who are trying to to to push other things like it's always science for a reason. Like ye, that's that's not how you should look at science. Science is not something that's set stone. It's so so stupid to just go on accepting things because other people are being paid to push you and propagandize you and hypnotize you into believing this malarkey.
Speaker 1: But then they get to a point where they can't refute it and they have to acknowledge it. Lost continents, Oh my bad, we just discovered a fucking massive one right next to England. All of you enlightened colonialist motherfuckers, y'all are so worried about going and taking everyone else's shit that you missed the treasure trove literally outside of your shore. But okay, lost continents, lost knowledge, Yeah, I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you over the sound of your own fucking discovery. What So with that in mind, let's do a little Let's watch this little jim. I actually think it's pretty well put.
Speaker 2: Together, y'are.
Speaker 11: Today. It's densely populated, accommodating a population of more than seven undred and forty three million. With so many people on Earth's second smallest continent, nearly every square kilometer of land must be put to good use, with no exceptions. But what if I told you there was a massive peace missing from it? You'd probably say, we have satellites, so there's no way we could have missed that. But it's true, And no, I'm not talking about some little island somewhere I'm talking about a land mass roughly the size of Great Britain, which was once as densely populated as the rest of Europe, but that's now completely missing from the map. Here's a picture of modern day Europe, and here's what it looked like roughly eight thousand years ago, minus the glaciers. You might notice the most change happens right here in the North Sea. Here it is again today and eight thousand years ago. Here's a closer map with modern day borders drawna so you can really see the difference.
Speaker 1: I will mention this as well, if you look at how the story of the lock Mass monster came into being, right, how did a dinosaur get trapped in this lake? The theory is that once upon a time that was connected to the ocean, and then when the waters are seated, it kind of was stuck there, and that's the legend behind it. But yes, this bit of science is also where other myths and legends and lore have spawned from.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can see where they pull it from.
Speaker 2: Then, no doubt.
Speaker 11: You can see this area that was once from the North Sea is now almost entirely land. This is called Doggerland, and all evidence indicates that it was once a fertile, unpopulated lowland region. In fact, it has been predicted that doggo Land might have been the richest hunting area in all of Europe during the Mesolithic period and could have attracted huge numbers of people to it. Many prehistoric tools, weapons, and even man made structures have been discovered in the lands beneath the water. Fishermen here have even discovered prehistoric skeletons of mamoths, rhinoceros and lions. Studying the contours of the ocean floor here also revealed many lake beds and river valleys. In fact, roughly ten thousand miles of river channels have been revealed through the use of seismic surveys. It was even found that several important rivers in Europe today, including the Thames, Rine, Zeene, Muse and Shelt, once all joined together to form a single impressive river which ran through where the English Channel is today. Okay, so by now you must be asking what happened to Doggerland, as many of you might have guessed caused Number one of the disappearance of Doggoland was glacial melt as the Last Ice Age came to a close glaciers receded and all that water had to go somewhere, and sea levels rose by an estimated one hundred and twenty meters as a result, But this wasn't enough to fully submerge dogger Land, and actually a fair amount of land still remained after the sea levels rose to where they are today. The second cause is a process known as isostatic rebounding, which is exactly what it sounds like. Well what does it sound like, you might ask? In short, during the ice ages, the glaciers to the north of Doggerland weighed so much on the crust they actually pushed the crust down into the mantle and hoisted the surrounding areas further up like a sea saw, but on a massive scale. Once this ice started melting, this process began to reverse, and the elevation of all of dogger Land actually decreased, while the elevation of the area that had previously been under ice increased. Until everything was back to normal, even greater portions of Doggerland were lost as this process took its toll on the land. This process of isostatic rebounding is still happening today, mostly in Canada, Norway and Antarctica even thousands of years after the ice ages ended and will likely continue for a few thousand more years. But even after all this had occurred, an island approximately the size of Denmark remained in the North Sea. And this is what's now called Dogger Bank, a very shallow portion of the North Sea, and is where Doggoland got its name from. But that's no longer there either. So what happened to dog Or Bank? This is where it starts getting speculative. Cause three, well, it's more of a recent hypothesis. It suggested that the final event which caused the total submersion of Doggoland was a mega tsunami, and yes, that's the technical term for it. You see, just a couple thousand miles away off the coast of Norway around sixty two hundred PCE, there was a series of three massive underwater landslides collectively called the Stregus Land, most likely caused by an earthquake nearby. This event created one of the largest tsunamis known to man, and sediments from this tsunami have been found all over the North Atlantic region. Fossils found in the sediment later created by this event roughly matched the time that doga land became inundated with water. This is also thought to have been the event which separated Great Britain from continental Europe for good. But if it weren't for that random disaster, Europe could have possibly been home to another small region, or even a whole country. Now, if you're thinking this all sounds like the setup for a real world Atlantis, You're not alone. It has been speculated that this land could have been the origin for such an idea. However, for the most part, the influx of water would have been gradual to the people living there and would have given them plenty of time to escape to the surrounding regions. This also may explain why northwestern Europe was more densely populated than it should have been at this time, well except for those people who might have stuck it out to the end, because I'll remind you there was a megasunami that washed away significant portions of land. What I'm saying is, if you had to ask me where I thought the sunken city of Atlantis might be, I'd probably say somewhere on Daggar Bank in the North Sea. So the next thing you might be asking is what Doggerland would be like today if it still existed, and well, first off, it probably wouldn't be called Doggerland, as it only got that name from Dogger Bank, which got its name from the old Dutch word for fishing boat, dogger, which I'm probably mispronouncing dogger, dogger dozer, and I thought there'd be much cod fishing there if it was still land. Trying to guess much more about the modern dogger Land is difficult, but I'll try anyway. I'm also going to keep calling it dogger Land, even though I just pointed out that's not what it would be called. Probably, I'm just trying to keep things simple, Okay. So first, Doggerland would most likely be a very wealthy nation, as it lies over substantial oil and natural gas reserves that make surrounding countries billions of dollars annually. Ironically, however, Doggerland would likely also be a huge proponent of green and renewable energy due to its low lying geography and vulnerability to widespread flooding. Doggerland was also, as I mentioned before, predicted to be a fertile land with many rivers, and would most likely have served an intense egg cultural purpose the spot where several major European rivers met and float into the ocean would have likely been an extremely strategic spot and likely would have become the home to a massive harbor and highly populated city. If Doggerland was a country of its own instead of belonging to one of the existing European nations, it would probably be a powerful nation comparable to the UK or Germany. But other than that, it's impossible to guess how this country would have impacted the history of Europe and the world as a whole. Doggerland should remind us of the potential impacts of a changing climate and the dangers many of us will face as the sami.
Speaker 1: He goes into the jargon, you can already hear him getting revved up for it. So, like he said, there was a theory that a tsunami hit Doggerland and wipe the rest of it out. Now again, the ice age ending the glaciers melting, I understand, is a static rebound. I also get that too, right, the actual amount of the massive tons of ice shifting and the massive tons of the plate tectonics shifting, there'd be a little and take on that to find some equilibrium I could understand this thought process. Okay, then they're saying that they have found sediments from the stegaslide or whatever all over the north sea, a tsunami wiping it away.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: That I believe that Atlantis is Doggerland, but that also lines up to a couple of stories. Does it not a very fertile, prosperous nation who was just set up just among themselves, just being a hub if you will, getting washed away under the ocean because of name or reason doesn't matter. Thousands and thousands and thousands of years before the first mention of something like that ever being heard of by a nine year old boy and then written about before his death.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, I mean it. It possibly could check out. Just because it's a sunken city doesn't necessarily mean it's Atlantis Orburia or Mew or any of these things. But I mean, given the limited about, limited resource, and limited amount of knowledge that we have on what the hell is at the bottom of the ocean floor, you could it would suffice to say that you could postulate that this has the percentage of a chance of possibly being Atlantis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree, I would agree, and again, your boy Clement Reid, who first made this conversation a thing.
Speaker 2: Let's keep in mind that he was not a half stepper either.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was an understood geologist and paleo bi botanist paleo botanist, so basically he knew botanist paleobotanists.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I don't know why I try to make that sound more English. Well, I mean he's from lanist a paleobotanist botanist. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one sounds more posh, but either way, so your boy here was a solid guy.
Speaker 2: Let's read about him.
Speaker 3: Reid was born in London in eighteen fifty three. His great uncle was Michael Faraday. His family circumstances meant he was largely self but he was nonetheless able to join the Geological Survey of Great Britain in eighteen seventy four and be employed in drawing up geological maps in various parts of the country. In eighteen ninety four he was appointed geologist, and in nineteen oh one district geologists when and then he retired in nineteen thirteen. He was particularly concerned with the tertiary geological depolits, deposits and their paleontology, and his most renowned for the work he did on Quaternary and Mary Kuwait Mary quaternary and Pliocene deposits along with his wife Eleanor and Norfolk. He was awarded the Muritian Fund in eighteen eighty six, won the Bigsby Medal in eighteen ninety seven, was elected the Fellow of the Geological Society in eighteen seventy five, and was the vice president of the Geological Society of London from nineteen thirteen to nineteen fourteen. And he was elected a Fellow of the Linnaean Society in eighteen eighty eight. That's another mention of that Lennadian society.
Speaker 1: It is, indeed, sir, which is why when this was proposed a lot of people were listening.
Speaker 2: A lot of theories are going out at this time.
Speaker 1: And like he was also elected a Fellow of the Royal Society. And we I mean, we could read his whole citation, but there's no real need for any of that. But that's pretty much all the mention of this now thing called Doggerland. Let's go ahead and let's go ahead and read that. Because his wiki page is one scroll long.
Speaker 3: It says from eighteen ninety nine to nineteen oh nine, read undertook the analysis of archaeo botanical remains of the Roman town of Silchester. In nineteen thirteen he published his book called Submerged Forest, Oh that sounds awesome, in which he postulated a drowned land bridge between eastern England and European Mainland. His conceptual map of what is now called Doggerland turned out to be remarkably close to the current known reality. Then he died in Milford on Seed, Hampshire, Hampshire. Yeah, in nineteen sixteen, and YadA YadA, okay.
Speaker 2: Married and all these things. But my point is he was not a half stepper. He was not a kook. He was not a quack.
Speaker 1: He was not an author who wrote books just for the sake of selling things.
Speaker 2: Right. This was not this guy.
Speaker 1: He was a professional and he was set about to do certain studies which led him to the first proposed idea of Doggerland. We now have discovered because of this bone harpoon, which now we will discuss like it's all real. There really is a lost continent, there really was a lost man land mass. Humans really lived here. They had settlements, they had buildings. They thought that they were neolithic. But we are still discovering more things as time goes on. And the crazy thing about it is because of the peat it's all been preserved almost perfectly. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Bro, I gotta say, this guy is giving off really nineteen nineties fanny pack gay vibes whenever he's holding up his cat in his video. It's like, of course you believe in fucking global warming, you puss.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say that about him, like I like his content because a lot of it is scientific and historic based. He did do a three part series where he's shit all over Philip Zeba, who is the dude from TikTok who's like the dude's talking about Google debunkers all the time, and he brings up these quick clips where he doesn't really do much research. He and Milo have a current standing feud going on and they're currently waiting on a response from the other.
Speaker 2: It's actually pretty ertaining to one.
Speaker 3: You know what, I actually retract my statement because I believe he's a gay man. He kind of gives off the gay vibes.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent It makes sense if he was in a judgmental way.
Speaker 1: But I actually watch his content, so like I'm I will say that it wouldn't shock me if he was gay, but that also plays no part in my thought on his historical breakdown of court.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm just making fun.
Speaker 2: But that's to your point, Yeah, privately see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So let's see he's got to say about this harpoon.
Speaker 4: That was recovered from the Kolinda.
Speaker 12: Is widely regarded as the first artifact to actually be discovered in Doggerland.
Speaker 4: Because the entire thing is.
Speaker 12: Underwater, it's kind of hard to recover artifacts from it, be that as it made. This was a pivotal discovery in driving science to learn more about Doggerland. The fishermen who discovered it brought it to the British Museum. Some could even argue that it is one of the few artifacts that actually rightfully belongs in the British Museum. The archaeologist who analyzed this artifact found that it was not made of bone but the antler of a red deer, and they initially dated the artifact to the Mesolithic period about five.
Speaker 1: You see that, So that's the red deer that you've seen on a lot of imagery of England and Royalty and all these things. That harpoon was carved from the antler of a red stag.
Speaker 3: It's pretty badass. What is a harpoon anyway?
Speaker 2: Like a spear but for more like fishing?
Speaker 3: Okay, fishing spear or I guess.
Speaker 1: Like if you want to get technical, it's a specific type of like gang. I mean, you can harpoon for frogs, but I guess the other No, that's more of a gig. Yeah, harpoon is I was assumed shrectly for fishing.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 12: Up to fifteen thousand years ago, the archaeologists were really confused by this discovery. After all, this harpoon had been found about fifty miles off the Norfolk coast at a depth of what was it, one hundred and twenty feet? Okay, you can go back, schminky. I just wanted to hold you for a minute. You're very sweet, Yeah, yere, you go be small.
Speaker 2: To your point, I could see.
Speaker 3: It, dude, you name your catch schmenky. Come on.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was sarcastically done, but again, to your point, I could see it.
Speaker 3: He's rocking the mustache too, which just gotta say it's given off those vibes. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: He's done a goats ea before and all of that. But he's still got that baby face going on. He can't grow a beard yet. He's growing up. He's a growing lad.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Anyway, this time it wasn't believed that Mesolithic people would make it far out to sea.
Speaker 4: Instead, most of.
Speaker 12: The interaction between Mesolithic hunter gatherers and the ocean would have been sticking along the coastlines. To learn more about this, an expedition was sent to where the harpoon had been discovered. Just a year after the discovery, in nineteen thirty two, more samples were dredged up from the same site. What they found was, as you won't be surprised, a bunch of peat. Now, the people of the British Isles would have been very, very familiar with pete. It is a dense, black, carbon rich material that is made as plant matter dies and is deposited in a wet environment.
Speaker 4: And just stacks up year after year.
Speaker 12: It is where bog bodies come from, and it was used to heat a lot of the homes in the British isles because they cut down all their trees. Skill issue, rapanui moment, cutting down all your trees. The weird thing about the peat that was discovered near the Kolinda harpoon site was that it showed evidence of being formed in fresh water. After thorough research, the scientists were able to conclude that the water above the peat now was a salty ocean, which is a little odd, but this did explain something about the harpoon. It means that it was likely not lost at sea, but lost on land or at least in near land.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, you know what I'm talking about here, come on.
Speaker 12: But this added a surge of interest into the theorized land mass beneath the North Sea, and it led to a flurry of research over the next one hundred years aimed at proving doggerland.
Speaker 2: Okay, so real quick, what are your thoughts at this time?
Speaker 3: It's pretty interesting. I'm just I don't know, like I think that I want to believe it so much that there are lost lands, you know, like.
Speaker 1: I love those movies like this absolutely proves that there are, dude.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah. But as far as advanced civilization kind of lost land, that's I mean, not to say that that that isn't possible, but like, just because you find a fucking fishing spearit doesn't necessarily mean that we're talking about advanced technology.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not necessarily. But that led to people starting to dredge. That led to people starting to look under the water because nobody had thought to look there this entire time. This one guy, this geologist, had said that there was probably a lambridge that connected things. People didn't really look into it. Finally they find a it could have been any artifact. They had already pulled up animal bones that they couldn't identify before, and nobody gave a fuck.
Speaker 2: But now they pulled.
Speaker 1: Up a harpoon speared point that predates you say, twelve thousand BC.
Speaker 2: Yes, now you have people's attention, bro.
Speaker 1: And again they thought maybe it was lost at sea, right, maybe it was a dew was fishing in a boat, spearfishing for whatever, and he lost his harpoon. But they found that it was created in fresh water, meaning that it wasn't lost at sea. It was lost on dry land. It was formed in a river bed, which meant that they were standing in what was once land where they never actually thought there was before except for that one guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that is pretty awesome. I guess whenever you start talking about thousands and thousands of years ago, it's like, yeah, how do you know something could be twelve thousand years old? I know, they bring up like carbon d and shit like that. That's how they're dating a lot of this stuff. But in my opinion, it's like that carbon dating, it's it's not always right. It's more of a guesstimate sometimes, like it could be so far off, it could be thousands of years off. We could be looking at something, you know, that is allegedly, according to the carbon dating, ten thousand years old, but then you actually, you know, you can actually find that it's probably only fifty years old, and shit like that happens all the time. And so in my opinion, whenever you're saying that something is twelve thousand years old and you're not using carbon dating, you would have to then just use something else that is also twelve thousand years old, which I don't know how many of those artifacts are around, if any.
Speaker 1: So they did carbon dating on it, and you're right about the fact that that is a very flawed system unless you know the whereabouts of the artifact the entire time, right, was it kept?
Speaker 2: Was it preserved?
Speaker 1: This harpoon was embedded in peat, and you can formulate how deep and when that peat was formed based off of the other carbon matter, and you can trail you all the way.
Speaker 2: Do you know what pete is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So pete is if anybody who doesn't know, essentially it is mud, but it's flammable mud. Think of mud that is so rich in dead, organic, decomposed matter that you can actually use it as coal. And as a matter of fact, a lot of people in the Scottish Highlands and in northern Europe have used pete.
Speaker 2: They would go to pete bogs literally a swamp, a bog.
Speaker 1: They would cut out one foot by one foot chunks deep, like three feet deep. The stuff at the bottom was very flammable, now not like exploding flammable, but slow smoldering. You could cook on it, you could heat your homes on it, all the things that coal would do. And they had it literally in the mud. So now we know that underneath this water isn't just whatever, it's peat. Okay, so we know guaranteed what year and how deep and all these things. So when they dredged it up, that came up with some organic matter and they were able to test that as well. So when they said twelve thousand, they actually kind of said with a little more authority than just a finding.
Speaker 3: So do they are they saying that basically that the peat would preserve whatever item is held within it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Okay, it encapsulated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty neat.
Speaker 1: And then it encapsulated it underwater, so it's like it was air sealed and water sealed. So it was like they it was kind of beyond dispute at this point now. And to your point, that doesn't mean they didn't have advanced technology.
Speaker 2: This is a artifact.
Speaker 1: This is one thing, you know what I mean, Doggerland existed for thousands of beers after this harpoon was made. There's the argument to say that it didn't stop being a thing until six thousand BC.
Speaker 3: Right. It's like if they went into the future and they were dredging up some old like I don't know, cold steel dildos back in the day like that we have now, they'd be like they worshiped the Great Steel Phallis or something along those lines.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Think of it like that, dude, if we were to find it right now.
Speaker 1: So from the time Doggerland was wiped off the face of the earth six thousand BC allegedly right and twelve thousand BC when this was made, six thousand year gap, dude, that is the same gap between Plato and us.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm like, It's wild.
Speaker 1: We're talking about if we were to find an artifact that far removed from us right now, we're talking two thousand or four thousand BC. So, like this harpoon doesn't mean that's the only life and only technology and only things. This is just a finding that led to more research being done in the area that has uncovered more things.
Speaker 3: I no longer want to Viking send off. Just pack me and Pete baby.
Speaker 2: I like it. And you saw that Pete bodies.
Speaker 1: This is a real life mummification that has been happening for forever from people that get lost in these bog pits and they just get covered up and perfectly preserved.
Speaker 2: It's insane, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty rad, dude.
Speaker 2: I like it, all right, let's keep listen to you.
Speaker 12: Gat Rio remained under researched by geologists and archaeologists for quite a while. For both fields, it was really hard to access, geologists didn't really deem it old enough to be something worth their while, and for archaeologists, the context was so destroyed that they thought their efforts would be best spent elsewhere. So it wouldn't be until twenty ten that some of the largest efforts in actually understanding Doggerland would have been undertaken. A large piece of this research was done by an archaeologist by the name of Vincent Gaffney. He wanted to create a map of Doggerland, but short of him surveying the entire North Sea by himself, he decided to take a little bit more of a strategic route. He worked with oil, natural gas, and wind companies who had already surveyed the ocean floor and used their data, and with the addition of sediment cores gathered in twenty nineteen, Gaffney and his team were able to prove that Doggerland had in fact.
Speaker 4: Been above water.
Speaker 12: From all of this data he had gathered, Gaffney was able to complete what his predecessor, Clement had started more than one hundred years before, completing one of the first real maps of Doggerland, and from here archaeologists were able to have the first concrete look at what Doggerland was.
Speaker 2: Bro that's wild.
Speaker 1: So he did he decided, Look, I'm not gonna go off and use funding that I don't need to use. What I'm gonna do is get with oil natural gas companies who have already surveyed this land, and I'm just gonna go off of what they believe. They've already done the research. They did core sampling in twenty nineteen to verify the dates of when this was on solid or above sea level, if you will, and so now they actually can tell what it was.
Speaker 2: Dude, your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I love it. I hope they keep on discovering whatever it is that they're discovering, whatever it is that they're dredging up. Hopefully they can find like more tools and maybe more possible bodies, more animal bones. I love this kind of stuff, Like just discovering this seems like it seems like a treasure trove.
Speaker 1: Really, I couldn't agree more. And so one more time, listen to our dude, Milo here with the minute, minute man, many minute man, excuse.
Speaker 12: Me, nineteen thousand square mile piece of submerged continental shelf in the North Sea during the last glacial period between about one hundred and twenty and twenty thousand years ago, much of the Earth's water would have been locked up in massive continental ice sheets. As a result, there was less water in the oceans, and so the ocean levels were a lot shallower, as much as four hundred feet shallower. This means that for much of recent geologic history, Doggerland would have actually been above water, and it would have created a lowland that bridged the gap between the British Isles and continental Europe. This also means that if you were standing in what's now continental Europe and looking at the British Isles, they wouldn't have been isles. They would have been a distant mountain range. While this map kind of seems alien to us, it would have been the map of Europe that most of our human ancestors would have been familiar with.
Speaker 1: So okay, So, like I said earlier, if Doggerland is to be real, which we now know that it is, this wouldn't have been the British Isles. That would have been a distant mountain range on the other end of the Doggerland Valley.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, Okay, And.
Speaker 1: It's very possible that this was from all the records that we can show a very fertile land, very agricultural land, very a good trade hub between I mean especially along the coastline. Human civilization has always existed around water, whether that's ocean or rivers, that's how it works. So this just shows that they would have had a thriving, industrious civilization.
Speaker 2: Are you with me at this point?
Speaker 3: I am with you, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, So history with Kaylee.
Speaker 1: She actually is from North Europe, and she brings up a couple of points to further the point that these people, to your point, Jonathan, were not just Neanderthals living in caves. They strategically planted certain trees along their coastline to prevent coastal erosion. Cave dwellers wouldn't have had the forethought, for the foresight to do something like that, or to acknowledge that that was a real problem.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, right, Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: And let's also keep in mind that even right now, there are four main rivers in Europe today that feed into the ancient rivers of Doggerland, and they are the Thames, the Ooze, the Vacier, and the Vaal River. Okay, any of our European listeners, if you live anywhere near those that one time that river fed into Doggerland. So if we look at the certain specimens and the animal life that has now been discovered from these treks and from these excavations, we now get a much much larger picture of what Doggerland really had going on at the time. This is history. With Kaylee, I cannot say enough about how awesome she is. Elhoul Go check out her channel as well. Let's hear what she has to say about it.
Speaker 13: Take a look at some of the remnants from the Doggerland landscape that we can see today in modern times, a landscape that went all away from modern day the west coast of the Netherlands to the modern day east coast of England. Near where I grew up is a place called Shore. This location has a beautiful pine forest that mixes together with the sand of the dunes. These pine trees were planted about one hundred years ago, but the trees used to roam this area naturally for thousands of years. This area was once an Atlantic dune forest, but unfortunately the trees were cut down over the centuries leaving behind large sandy plains. As you can imagine, sandy plains are not a great defense against the water of the North Sea during storms, and knowing that this area of the Netherlands is situated a couple meters below sea level, this was a bit of an issue. So the decision was made to reinstate the Atlantic dune forest, and the same species of pine trees and also oaks, birches and rowans were thus planted about one hundred years ago. Pine trees hold the sand with their roots, preventing it from blowing away, and they evaporate a lot of water. What's fascinating is that it's total in the Netherlands is located at a latitude of fifty two point seven and Norfolk in England is located at a latitude of fifty two point six. The reason why this is fascinating has to do with the fact that here in Norfolk we can see the remnants of the other side of this ancient Atlantic dune forest. The coastline of Norfolk has the same pine, oak, birch and row on trees that grow through and near the sandy dunes, showing to us that long ago, during the time when Doggerland was still a land mass, A massive forest with sandy plains, stretched from the modern day coast of the Netherlands to the modern day coast of Norfolk in England. This type of forest is actually very common along the Atlantic coast of England. The characteristics of this particular ecosystem is the salt spray that the often strong wind constantly brings with it. That salt spray and the wind ensure that the upper parts of the branches are often break off, which causes trees to grow in more wid which explains their irregular shapes. Of course, it's unclear when the Atlantic dune forest first came to be, but it's safe to bet that this occurred before Doggerland sank beneath the waves. The forest most likely changed over time due to the salt spray. But because we can clearly see two distinct locations on both sides of the North Sea at as nearly the same latitude, it's not a big stretch to think that there used to be a very large forest spanning from North Holland in the Netherlands to Norfolk in England.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I actually did a little more digging on it after I heard her say this. So you know that we talked about how trees have genetic parents, right, Okay, So come to find out another group did a study on the birch Rowan Pine. All those trees that she just mentioned in Norway and in Norfolk they are from the same ancient parenting group. So we know beyond any shadow of any doubt that they at one time were a long line on the beachhead of.
Speaker 2: What was once a land mass.
Speaker 1: There is now, beyond all shadow of all doubt, that we do in fact have a lost continent, a lost land mass that was sunken beneath the waves for reasons unknown to them, but reasons that we speculate about today. Doggerland may in fact be the spawn point, if you will, of where all these myths and legends come from. Because again, there's no reason why the population in the Northern Europe area should have been what it was per the time scales that it was, and historians still are baffled at this. You look at the climate, it's not very agrable, right, There's not a lot of farming that's going on in the northern sections of Europe. But you look throughout history there has been a large land, are a large human population of those lands, it would reason that they didn't start there, but they fled there when their ancestral land mass slowly over time went under the water.
Speaker 2: Jonathan, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's possible. I would hope to think that that's really what's going on, you know, because and it's honestly, it's kind of sad because a lot of this stuff is really lost to the just to the annals of history, so really a lot of it's just speculation. But I love whenever they're you know, you can pull up certain things from this from whatever's being dredged, and it's like, oh shit, this actually lends some validity to the possibility that all right, well, there was definitely people thousands and thousands and thousands of years ago. We don't know what their spiritual beliefs were, we don't know how advanced they were, we don't know what kind of jobs or or whatever kind of people they were or whatever, but we at least know that there were people using these tools thousands of years ago, and that's a good place to start.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree, And so as you're probably gonna hear cult members through news sources and everything else, and through listening to shows like ours, you're gonna hear about these lost lands.
Speaker 2: Just know that that is not base an absolute bullshit.
Speaker 1: There is at least currently land being discovered as we speak.
Speaker 2: Who knows what we will be discovering tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You never know, dude, Like times are you know with the technology that that you know is currently being evolved. I mean, dude, look just look at it. We talk about technology all the time, Like it was just yesteryear everybody was watching movies on VCR, dude, and now you're watching them through these fucking like these invisible sound and energy waves that are coming to your computer and your TV. Like, yeah, thirty years ago that sounded ridiculous, but now it's just accepted as common, so I think. And that's just one example obviously, but like it's it's cool to see what technology could possibly lend us to start to understand about what's at the depths of the ocean floor and maybe we can make and who knows, like maybe even history itself would be changed forever through the discoveries of whatever we find. Maybe we're we're looking at how to use certain tools or certain weapons or certain building techniques or whatever that we could pick up on these ancient people, you know, like I think that that's that's pretty badass.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, brother, one hundred percent, And.
Speaker 1: Call members if you did like this episode, if you thought it was interesting, fascinating, complete bullshit, Hey, we would love to hear about it, and if you could, please at this time, hit the five stars, hit the share of the likes, Describe the comment, leave a post, leave review, Shares with your friends and family, Share this episode everywhere. This is real science that is coming to life before your eyes, the combination of myth and legend and science and in fact combining to be what it is. It ain't what it ain't, it is what it is. Here's the deal. The more activity that all of our algorithms see across all of our platforms, the more we get promoted to some more potential listeners who could then become potential cult members like the rest of you. Finalies and gentlemen, we thank you for everybody who's already gone and done so. But while you're at it, go check out Jonathan's show, Meta Mysteries.
Speaker 2: Give him all the love. The five stars, the shares of the replies, the stuffs. Go check out the YouTube channel cajun Knight. Give me all the love and subscribes and everything there. We thank you for everybody who's already gone and done so.
Speaker 3: And with that being said, and this was another beautiful episode of the Cults of Conspiracy. And my name's Jonathan, I'm Jack. And there's one very important, surely vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 1: I'll bead off that ar.
Speaker 4: S s.
Speaker 1: So Hey cult members Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex? The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com right now. Abim Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screen shipping as your privacy is a priority. Plus free shipping on your entire order. Doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we packaged and sent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire. Just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping. Use the offer code cult that Seult at Adam and Eve dot com. Now, this is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code cult