Speaker 1: Joining us now is Sam Anthony of yournews dot com. Again, a hyperlocal news content distribution platform. It's also a way that you can monetize your reporting locally, and I think this is really vital. I think it's vital for us to have an independent media. I think it's vital for us to have local information. And I think that all politics is ultimately local, even though we have to understand what the national and the global agenda is. That's the context for it and that's where it's coming out. But the way that you stop it is going to be locally, I think. So joining us now is Sam Anthony. Thank you for joining us, Sam.
Speaker 2: They've great to be here. Good to see you again.
Speaker 1: Good to see you. Tell us a little bit about your news dot com. It's been a while since we talked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the way, a lot has changed. But I mean in terms of our growth, we've been expanding and growing every day. So for your audience, it's your news dot com is a hyper local news platform, so it would look like a news website, but we're in every city in the United States, so what we have is massive scale. We could serve news to a city, to a county, to a market, state, regional, or national. The model is really the exact replication of the physical world, like how the media industry works, minus all the print and distribution costs, and it allows the public to interact and share in the narrative locally and in essence put the power of the press back in the hands that the people where it belongs. That's that's the short version.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: So people go to New York News dot com and then I guess they can put in their zip code and you'll connect them with that. Is that how it works from the.
Speaker 2: Not only do we have local news, we have national news, and we're expanding and growing daily. We're onboarding news reporters every single day. So it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger. And by the way, the reason for that is, I don't know if you know the state, but on you know, I get all my content creators, many of them from people that were part of the you know, they were displaced in the media industry because they of all the layoffs. Right. So there's roughly a half a million people on LinkedIn that call themselves freelance journalists. There's a couple hundred thousand students that came out of school and they have nowhere to go. So you know, there's nobody hiring in the space. So for me, this is this is our platform is a natural migration and so that's what's happening. So we're starting to onboard people, a lot of them. Currently, by the way, we have over five thousand news reporters, a little over fifty three hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think it really is going to explode because the big guys are consolidating rapidly. You know, you look at the Ellison family. They're pulling together print media, they're pulling together TV, social media, Internet, as well as the Hollywood films. I mean, they're going for every bit of communication. And then a lot of these people are replacing reporters with AI. So somebody wants to get some real honest reporting on the ground. That's going to be the wave of the future, I think completely.
Speaker 2: So you know, remember back in the in the eighties, there was over five hundred independent news outlets. Today, David, they're six. Okay, it was all it was all consolidated. So not for nothing. But if you want to know why we're in the mess we're in today, it's because of the media. And because you know, because it's centralized news, right, everybody's seen the Sinclair Broadcasting videos where you had those you know, thirty or forty TV saying the same thing at the same time. Well, you have to know it came from corporate. They're just reading a teleprom Yeah, so all that, you know, and by the way, I'm going to give you some other stance.
Speaker 1: And it's not finished. It's not going to be you know, it's not going to stay at six. It's going to come down to one and two or something like that.
Speaker 2: That that's going to go to zero. I don't think it's going to be around more than another four or five years. And the reason the reason I say that is I'm going to give you the exact answer. Do you remember around you know, eighty eight to nineties, those early nineties, you know that television reached over fifty percent of the population, right, somebody tuned into some station at some point in time. Do you know what the daily numbers are? Now?
Speaker 3: No, what are they?
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you what they are. This is for every single news network combined, CNNABCNBCMSNBC two and a half million daily. It's literally less than one percent. And here's the reason. In nineteen ninety what options did we have? Four? Okay, that was it. Today there's forty million of them. You ever go to YouTube, We're going to rumble, that's right, So it's options. You ever go to TikTok Instagram? So you know, as I tell people, YouTube is a created a technology where anybody could be a broadcaster. And there's only two things that are going to happen. You're either going to sink or swim. Either the public likes what you do or they don't, and then you get monetized and you could earn some money off of it. And what I do is we do local news reporting. That's my niche, right because we do we could do the city council meeting of one city, well, that would be politics news for that city. But we provide a technology where anybody can become a news reporter. We call them citizen journalists. Now, keep in mind, most of the people we have are all seasoned veterans, but that doesn't mean that somebody that's a soccer mom in some city that is proactive in the community that everybody knows and trust can't become your next news reporter. Because if you're already going to the high school football game or the city council meeting or to school board meetings, why not report the news and share it with the community and make money. That's where it's all That's where it's all headed. I mean, this is a no brainer. Everything is moving to platforms. Okay, so you have two and a half million people on all networks combined, but yet YouTube has two billion people.
Speaker 1: And the problem was the problem with YouTube is that they've got their thumb on the scale in terms of what the content that they want to go out there. They will hide certain content and they'll promote other content. So how do you operate with that? How does that operate so that people know there's no censorship on your platform?
Speaker 2: So we are a free speech platform. There won't be any censorship. We do not fact check a thing. And the reason for that is we're not in the news business. I'm in the platform business. So as I'm going to ask you this question, David, as somebody who's broadcasting news, you have an audience of people that trust you, correct they like you. If you lied to them, how fast would it take for them to figure it out and leave you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, that's an interesting thing because I said that to Alex about the stop the Steels thing. I said, you know, Alex, all you've got is your credibility. If you blow that on this, you tell people that they got twenty thousand people out there arresting people, I said, they're going to walk away from you. Of course that didn't happen. But that's the unfortunate thing that I've learned, is that people can still support someone who is lying to them, even after they realize that they've been lied to. But I think, right, I think it is very important to have that credibility, and I think that that is the consumer Many consumers.
Speaker 3: Will look for that.
Speaker 1: Not all of them will, A lot of them will just you know, they'll take something no matter how absurd.
Speaker 3: It is, and we'll run with it.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you in general that the marketplace has to be the one to decide what is genuine and what it is not. We can't have any minders who are doing that. We can't have the government doing it, we can't have the platforms doing it.
Speaker 3: And of course, if.
Speaker 1: You really stand with free speech, you've got the section two thirty which said, you know, we're not going to censor people because they are just a platform and we're not going to hold them responsible for the content that they put out. And we have governments who are constantly trying to get around that and hold people responsible for the content they put out and trying to make them into their government sensors and say, well, hey, it's not coming from us, it's coming from them. But it actually is coming from them. So we saw the big guys doing that. But kudos to you for keeping free speech platform. That is essential and it's very very essential for the local level as well. It's really hard to get that information on a local level because you've got to have a lot of people who are out there, you know. This, this basically brings that together. There's it's hard to get a marketplace for local news because if you get too hyper local, then you know, how do you find that audience. Well, the way that you find it is through your news dot com.
Speaker 2: Right, And I'm basically a platform. The marketplace decides what kind of content they want to read. Right, So we're a daily Just think of me as a Miami Herald or Chicago Tribune just on steroids. With the ability for the public to interact and contribute and post their own news, views, opinions, and classified So the second piece to this is, you know YouTube has a monetization model, Rumble has a monetization, x as a monetization, Facebook as a monetization So we have a monetization model for people that do news reporting where they could submit their work and then share in the ad rhythm. So again i'm the platform. But by the way, David, this is where it's all going. The future of news will be a hyper local news platform, most likely global, with a social component where you know, you could have everybody be able to contribute to the narrative and put the power to press in the hands of the people. It'll have a monetization model for content creators that do just for a living where they can make money off of their content, and a self service ad platform somebody could buy an ad, target it to one zip code everwhere in between. So it's you know the scale here. If everybody's been to a news website, so you've you know, there's like a sports page, right, so however, many ads that Miami Herald can put on their sports page we could do in one zip code. So it's literally like having seventy thousand times their inventory. There's the scale, and ads are on a best bid basis. So what we've created is a model that is truly advertisers supported.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: That's what we've made here. So this is the go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk a little bit because I've got a lot of people in my audience that have they're they're very engaged and they do a lot of their own research. Many of them have started their own platforms other places. What does it look like for them if they want to come on and start doing reports there and get monetized on your platform, yournews dot com.
Speaker 2: So if they if they're doing news, if they want to do news reporting, we monetize that. So the way that they would do that is they go to your news dot com. Scroll to the bottom of the page. There's something that says become a citizen journalist. You could click that link and you could fill out the application. There's a couple of videos you could watch that are short. But if somebody's just interested in, like we have a lot of PR firms and nonprofits that leverage us. You know, maybe the cancer societies having a five K run, or some lawyer just made partner in Boston. You know, that's a business story in Boston. But those are not monetized. So we also have at the top of the page to submit your news because some people like to post classified their opinions stuff like that. But the journalist thing is for people that want to become journalists and they want to report news in the community, not report opinions. Right, there's no shortage of that. So if you're at the school, at the school board media or a high school football game and you want to report it, that's what that is.
Speaker 1: For MM and we had a lot of people who do that all the time. They just typically put it up for free on social media, and then we got a lot of professionals who will go out there and just scrape through the reports that are put up there for free compile them into an article. I've seen that done by a lot of people that I know that that's the way they put the stuff together. But of course, you know, people could do that and get monetized on yournews dot com if they want to go.
Speaker 3: Somewhere talk about classifieds. How does that operate?
Speaker 2: People could you know, click submit news and they could create an account and they could post a classified it's free.
Speaker 1: Oh it's free. Okay, well that's cool y. So you can sell local stuff there as well, so people it's a way for people to get away from the Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 2: It's another alternative. I mean, don't forget those. You know, those have been dominated by Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. So we have another platform as we because I do get classifieds in all over the United States, but not like I get news stories because that's our niche is the local news. So we bring in, David about two thousand stories a day, two thousand I mean a week. Sorry, we bring in a couple thousand articles a week. But we keep growing, so you know, imagine when it gets to ten thousand and then you know, fifteen and twenty thousand news reporters. You know, you're really going to start to see tons of content coming in. And that's what this is all about. It's just what ultimately, at the end of the day, what we do will become the next mainstream media because the legacy media is it's just an antiquated product. It's not going to survive. Some people say it's not going to survive because they're lying. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's because the younger generation doesn't consume information that way. They consume it differently. And by the way, I don't know if you saw pad Week's numbers for mainstream media, but the age demographic that's between twenty five and fifty four, the first quarter, which is January February March, total viewership for that age group over every network was five hundred thousand people total over three months. Wow.
Speaker 3: Ok, essentially zero.
Speaker 2: And so you know, I mean I have my neighbors. They're in their eighties, eighty three years old, I think they are, and they watch CNN. Okay, so they believe everything that networks are telling them because they've grown up watching it, right, this is all they've ever had. So they don't get Internet, they don't you know, they have flip phones, they don't watch they don't turn into tune, into rumble or YouTube. All the stuff they get is from the network television stations. So they're always shocked when something happens, you know, you know, they're because CNN is not reporting it. So you know, oh, CNN saying that you know, Letitia James is really you know, she's being railroaded. Right, So even though she signed it. They're going to bypass that to say, this is just Trump going after it's crazy, but all that is eventually is going to be gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They grew up on Walter Crinkite and he'd say every night and that's the way it is. And they believe that what he was telling them was the way that it was, and they didn't realize that he's getting a feed from the CIA.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I do think that that is the way that it's going to go, and clearly we need to have this kind of decentralization and local reporting.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that there's.
Speaker 1: A way Sences is on the computer that people can filter by a particular topic or keyword or something to pick up these reports as well.
Speaker 3: Right, if they're.
Speaker 1: Looking to find information about what's happening on school boards or something like that, because we see a lot of local reporting about school boards, that they could find all the different local reports about school boards and that type of thing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's set up like a news website sports, business, politics, entertainment world. I got hockey, soccer, basketball, golf. So all you do is select the topic you want to read and if like you hate golf, you don't click it, okay. And so if you want politics for your area, it's local politics, that's it, and then that'll serve up the information because content is assigned to a subject, which would be a sports, business, politics, and then a geography, which could be a city or a county or a market or state, regional or national. So it's all based on geographical relevance. So obviously somebody's little league game is sports news for that city, but the high school football game is sports news for the market. Yeah, and the markets, by the way, we defined by television databates, like New York is number one, LA's number two, Chicago's number three, that Bay there's two hundred and ten of them.
Speaker 1: So if you're going to go through and you're going to look for news and politics, does show you your local stuff first? And then does if you keep looking down the fel you start getting into a wider and wider geographical areas.
Speaker 2: And how that works, So all the news is served to you based on geographical relevance. So if it's something that Trump did, its national news, it'll just appear in all zip codes. And I don't know if you want me to share my screen, but I could just show real.
Speaker 3: Quick sure, yeah, yeah, you want to do that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this way, it's so much easier just to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people like to see that. We had a video that you have that introduces it, but we had an issue playing it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you could just show the screen, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this won't take long. You have to I'm going to send a request. You have to open me up to share.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got that Lance, Okay, he's working on it.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Okay, here it is, So you tell me when you see what I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: We got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So mine sets Palm City Flora Geo locates me. If you lived in Houston, it would open to Houston. So this website looks like a news website, correct, Yeah, and so I'm going to mouse over national news. There's your topics. Can you see them all? So if you wanted business, do you think you could get to it?
Speaker 3: It's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: You just click business. And by the way, all this news is all people powered press. There's only one exception. I buy a wirefeed for sports, but I'm starting to get a lot of them. So in another probably in another year. I wanted to need it. Okay, So I'm going to mouse over national news and here's all your different categories. Anybody could get that. It's the local news. So if I go to top stories, top stories is your front page for local. So in my market, Tina arrested after rock thrown through ice vehicle window at Ports Saint Lucy. Tin arrested if through TikTok bomb threat targeting Port Seint Lucy School. Because this is the market I'm in, all of this is local news for my air. Whereas if I went to another area, which this is soou Fall, South Dakota, and I'll go local top stories, You're going to see completely different news. Turner, what does this say? Turner County imposes tough conditions on the Freeman area. Whatever this is, work resumes. Okay. So here's the thing. All of this is boots on the ground. These are all my people reporting this news all over the United States, and we get it everywhere. I'll just do. The bigger the market, the more stuff we get, right, the bigger the population. So New York, I'm loaded with stuff, Chicago, I'm loaded with stuff. La I'm loaded with stuff. So this is nineteen year old charge with murder after double stabbing at a Sweeco Chick fil A. All of this is local stuff for the city of Chicago. Makes sense. And I mean, look, I could go on and on and on. Here's local politics. I mean. So the thing with us is the ability to be able to put stuff to a specific gr fe. So if you live chicago's in Cook County, Illinois, but so is Let's say I'm trying to think of a city like Franklin Park, Illinois. Well, if there's a city council meeting of Franklin Park, Illinois, it won't show up to any readers in Chicago because it's only politics. News for Franklin Park makes sense. And so and then you know, we distribute ads by geography, so we could do it to a city, a county, zip code, whatever it is. So this happens to be local stuff here. So that's so this I think this a picture's worth a thousand words. So we just do We do daily news all over the United States. But this website looks like a news website. It's a replication with local news in every market in America. And that's what we're building. So if I took I never been to Louisiana before, but like, I know more about what's happening in Louisiana in my own market because we can contact coming in at no perish. I don't even know where it is Shreveport, Louisiana. It comes in from all over the place. So let me stop sharing here. I hope that was a good description.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good that we had the website that people could say, I've got a comment here for a listener. Naburu twenty twenty nine. Alternative news is seldom independent news these days, but on your site it is.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Everybody the way YouTube works or Rumble, David, you're the brand, right, Okay. Nobody calls you from Rumble or YouTube and tells you what to say. Right, you call yourself. It's your own show. So you're either going to say or swim with our platform. The news people are their own independent brands. They're the ones that have to bring the content, and they're the ones that have to build their own audience. What they're doing is leveraging platforms for distribution and monetization.
Speaker 3: HM.
Speaker 2: That's how the new world is going to work. There's going to be no big media company anymore. It's going to be platforms where millions of people can participate. Yes, that's where it's all going.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and people are really and it's difficult to get news about what is happening locally.
Speaker 3: A lot of it is you know, just flaw or whatever.
Speaker 1: And so if you can get some people going to do political news and you know, put that, put that in there, that's a very important thing, especially if people people need to know what is going to be coming down the pike in terms of legislation that's going to be done at the state level.
Speaker 3: What about the state level.
Speaker 1: We talked about things that are happening at the town council and things like that. What about following at the state level if you want to if you want to filter it that way.
Speaker 2: So I get tons of state stuff State of Washington. I just did something in Mississippi somebody submitted, so state politics news, we get a ton of I mean, like you know, remember we're bringing in a couple thousand articles a week, so a lot of stuff is stuff, a lot of political stuff really, but you hit it on the head. So anybody could come up with the Monday night football game. It's the high school football game. That's the draw, that's what people want to see. So it's really about the local because that's what everybody's missing. All these local newspapers have went the way of the dinosaur, and it's coming with television too. Mark my words. I mean, think of the cost to produce the five or even on a local level, the physical cost to produce all that stuff. It's all going away.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: What I'm seeing is you're going to have, like I said, the platforms are going to be the place where people broadcast. And by the way, we're multimedia, so I do audio, video, and print. It's not just written news like your show could be airing on here right now. We have a multimedia section and we have we get a lot of traffic to that page because I have hundreds of politically conservative content creators in there, hundreds of them, and then thousands of news reporters. That's the cool part.
Speaker 3: So that's great.
Speaker 1: So you can handle video as well, and then what about I mean, our show, for example, is three hours long, so we could cut that up into small snippets and put.
Speaker 2: Up No you use the embed code from rumble oh Okay, so it's really it's really playing on your rumble channel.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 2: So for content creators that are on YouTuber, rumble or on Spotify, it's really an embed code that drives more traffic to your own channel. And if you're monetized, you're actually double dipping because now you're taking from two places, reaching two different audiences.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, nice of the storm and liberty conspiracy. You guys need to take note of this. I think it'd be something be very helpful, be very helpful for us too. We've got to get on that as well, always looking for another platform. Tell us a little bit about how you got into this. Was your background in new or was this something as a businessman? You just saw how news was collapsing and realized there was an opportunity in this.
Speaker 2: So that's a good question. I'll tell you. I was never in the news business. I worked at a place called Lehman Brothers in Chicago. I ended up moving to Florida and worked at a couple of boutique firms. My thing was, you know, investment banking, and me and a couple of guys got together and we believed that the Internet was going to transform media. So we set out to build a platform that would ultimately replace it, and we failed miserably multiple times trying to figure this all out because you know, we're never in the business. So you know, basically I paid for my own education, I guess you could say. So. Then, you know, once we figured it out, you know, you had to go back to the drawing table because the model we had, and I'll give you the kind of the thing I thought made the most sense. You know, all these independent radio stations that are news talk stations that have like Stringer out there in like a news director. Back in twenty fifteen, we built an affiliate network of broadcast stations across the United States, kind of like you have ABCNBCCBS affiliates, right, We built affiliate network across the United States and broadcast stations. Then what happened was, over a two year span, almost all of them dropped off the network because are you ready for this? It was the first person to go when revenues declined, the news people. They let them all go, which means they didn't they didn't do news. So a couple of them told me, you better change your model, and I said, why they go? Sam do you listen to radio? I go, no, you go, well, neither would if I didn't know three stations, okay, because I get on serious radio and I turned on the car.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 2: Finally decided, you know, you ever lay in bed and this is where I get my do my best work when I'm thinking at night, and I said, this needs to go to a monetization model. So ultimately we had to rip the engine out of the car. We had to replace it with something completely different, and then we had to test it and the monetization model is definitely the way to go. And so then what we did was we started on boarding a specific amount of people selling advertising, figuring the whole model out. The next step is we're now in the scaling boat to scale this into the stratosphere. So that's how it got started. By the way it was all the model was completely different and it evolved into what it is today. So what we're doing today is one hundred percent this is what it is.
Speaker 3: That's great, Yeah, it's kind of rich.
Speaker 1: There's an anecdote from Jim Rogers, who again he's somebody who worked with George Sos, but of course he's been on a lot of financial programming, and he said he had because he knew about business. He said, I had a wealthy woman who asked me, what's the best business school I can send my son to? And he said, rather than sending him to and this is wild back and spending one hundred thousand dollars, which would be it'd be a lot more than that today. But anyway, rather than spending all that money, just give him that amount of money and let him start a business, and whether that business succeeds or fails, he'll learn more than he would getting an MBA. And so that really is the issue, the trial and error aspect. Actually just getting your hands dirty and jumping in on this stuff. That's the way you get your education. I guess that's the way that you fine tune things for you as well. Talk a little bit about how the monetization works in terms of connecting with advertisers. You know, what does that look like for the people that are doing the reporting and putting it out there.
Speaker 2: So the way our content creators work is they submitted an article. There's an approval process, not that we're fact checking it, it's to make sure it goes in the proper subject right. If you're doing a football game, it doesn't go in business. And then and then the geography, what market it goes to, And the reason for that is what we found was if we let left that up to the content creators, there'd be no need for any section except front page national news. That would be it. It doesn't matter if your kids literally came or whatever it is. We have to make sure it goes proper subject of proper geography. But the way it works is the content creators get an email once it's done saying congratulations, your article has been published. Here's a direct link to your article you could share on social media. And what they do is they share the link with the people that follow them. So let's say you have ten thousand people on Facebook or x that follow you, that link goes out and then every time somebody clicks that article, you get a percentage of the ad revenue from the advertisers that have selected your type of content to run around. So, to make it real simple, I have people that do cooking shows that goes in my food and wine section. So if you sell pots and pans, you don't want to be in conservative news. You want to be on the around cooking late itself, right, But if you sell American flags, you want to be around conservative content. So it's just all if somebody's reading a golf story and you sell golf clubs, you have to know the only reason they're reading that article is because they play, so it's a slam dunk. So it's just a piece of that they're supporting the content creators. They get a piece of that ad revenue, and that's how it works.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: So basically what you're doing is you're marrying the content with the type of advertiser that wants to do that. So that makes the marketplace for people that are there.
Speaker 2: The advertisers actually select the content themselves. They're marrying, yes, but in essence yes, so they can say they can log in and say I want my AD to go to this city or this county or this zip code or this state, and then I want these three categories to run my ad around. And that's how it works. And so because the amount of content creators we have, we get a fairly large audience coming to this site, and so they when they buy an ad, they set a budget. It could be one hundred dollars fifty bucks, one thousand, bucks three thousand bucks, and they get exactly what they pay for because we're an impression based ad model. We're not a through ad model. So you know that's why national ads are run out of penny a pop. They're basically no money. The beauty is, though, I could sit ten ads around a story, so when an ad gets clicked or when a page gets clicked, that page produces ten cents. But here's the thing. The real money is not in the national ads, David, It's in the local ads because I get ten times the money. So you could have Joe's Pizza who only advertises in one or two zip codes, Well, his CPM rate is going to be ten times higher, but it's targeted. What's his bill going to be five bucks a month? Twenty bucks a month in one zip code in Chicago is the point. So he doesn't care. So when somebody clicks that page, it looks to the advertisers, says, who wants to advertise in this spot? Well, it takes the highest big it's always the local guard. So in our model, the Joe's Pizzas of the world trump the home depots in the world.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: I like guess I like it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like a like a business model and that features local businesses and a news model that features local news. I think keeping it local really is the key. It's great that you're doing this, and it's something that we've looked at before, and it's something we're going to have to try to get our ducks in a row and try to get connected with that as well. I think, thank you so much, Jim. Great talking to you. It's a wonderful model, and I think it's going to be very helpful for a lot of people who are consumers as well as creators. But it is something that is desperately needed. We really need to not lose connection with the reality that's right around us, with our community. That's where we build things, I think and.
Speaker 2: Kind of percent. I mean, look, I told you before the reason we're in the mess we're in today is because you have six institutions that control all the media, everything, They own everything, right, all that stuff is dissipating. What we do will become the next mainstream media. And you know, and so my background, by the way, as I told you, has been capital raising for years. That's all I've ever done. It raised capital for private deals. This one here. You know, I remember going to it was one of those Reawakened America tours in Miami. There were five thousand people that showed up there for that event, and I looked around and I said, Wow, these are the people that are like my people, right, these are the people that need to own my product because it's you know, they're the patriots, right, and not the institutional money. And normally when you you know, my relationships I have are with all institutional players that and the reason is they all look for deals that are the next Facebook. They have all the money and they look for the deals, and that's all they do for a living. And so I said to I said to somebody, I said, you know, it's a shame that when you do a private placement it can only be accredited investors. And somebody told me there was something called in equity crowdfund. I don't know if you're familiar with them. No, it so what it is is it's a private placement done through a brokerage firm, but it opens it up to everybody. So before, like you never got a call from Silicon Valley saying, hey, David, I've got some Facebook stock for a dollar heavy. Okay, well, the reason I'm going to tell you who it went to. It went to all their friends, right, So every single tech giant that's out there was funded from Silicon Valley, from a handful of people. Like like bitcoin decentralizes currency, and like our product decentralizes the news business, these equity crowdfunds decentralized Silicon Valley because all of a sudden, it opens you up to the whole world. Now you're limited. Anybody can participate, but you're limited in the amount of money that you could put in. So it's based on income and it's controlled from a brokerage firm. So when you log in to make an investment, you can only put in a maximum amount based on your income. And if you don't tell them your income, you're limited to twenty five hundred dollars in any given year. So what we did was our companies raised capital and so we've raised a lot of money and rather than go to the institutions we said to we said, you know, if we're really going to be a people powered press, like a news organization that's by the people for the people, what would you say to me if I told you, oh, by the way. I just got an investment for black Rocket pay Card. Okay, So I said, okay, so that ain't going to fly in my world. But let's open this up to the public and let the people own the product. So the reason I'm telling you that is because we have a private placement where people can actually participate in that. And the way they would do that is they would go to your news and go to the bottom it clicked the button that says invest where they'll take them to a page calls Issuance Express, which is owned by North Capital Partners, and they could read about what we're doing, and if they want to participate, they can click the link and you know, make an investment. They can spend two hundred dollars or they could spend anywhere in between. But I thought that was the smart way to do with David. And the reason is I don't want institutional money in this deal, not on this round. I'll be doing another one shortly after this one is done, and then there'll be a public offering. That one's already in the works, and we already have that all put in place. And by the way, we're an operating business, so we're already up and running. The next step is bringing this from the five thousand content rereaders. We have to fifty thousand, which I'm ten percent there. And once we're there, holy crap, you got a beast. Think about it. Fifty thousand news reporters. We are the ten thousand palcarrilla. And by the way, I figure we could do. You know, remember there's twenty thousand cities, so if I only had five people a city, it's one hundred thousand people. Okay, but you still have that eighty twenty world. So my guess is over time will bring out a million. You probably have a couple hundred thousand active news reporters. But those news reporters are doing things like I get like somebody that does local business news, well they'll say this grocery stores open up a new location in this place, or people that do restaurant reviews, theater critics, you name it. But it's all local all over the United State dates and all I'm doing is building an army of news reporters. You want to talk about power, This is where the people need to own this product. That's why we're doing it that way. So I just wanted to share that because I'm looking for I'm looking for content creators, which somebody like you should be on my platform. And then people that you want to own a piece of what we're doing. We have an equity crowdfund we're doing. They can do that.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: And local businesses, it's a great place for them to hoper local business. Yeah, and I have a comment here from b Su says it's very exciting. Said the scariest part of COVID was that there was no local news, and that.
Speaker 3: Really is true. It's very different.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people were putting things head and miss on social media, but that's the key thing. The local news was just not reporting on that. As some people have said here, the local isn't the only answer if your hometown is corrupted. Well, if you've got some people who are doing local news, they can talk about the corruption that is there and they can get that public there. That's not going to happen with the focus being strictly on national news that's there. So I think that's a really key thing. It's great talking to you, Thank you, Sam. And it is very exciting. As you point out, people have an opportunity to get information about what is happening locally. They can be an information content provider. They can actually participate in this if they like the business model, and I think it is a great business model. I think you're right. It is all going in that direction. And you know, we look at the big the big news names that are out there and really what they are like a giant, dead, hollowed out tree and it may look very, very imposing, but it's ready to just collapse on its own weight. And I think that really is the case with what's going on with the major news organizations. Again, it is yournews dot com, hyperlocal independent journalism website, and there's a lot of different ways that you can participate in that. Thank you so much, Sam, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Good to see you, David, to see you again at that, Thanks you too.
Speaker 1: The common man, they created common Core, They've dumbed down our children. They created common Past to track and control us. They're Commons project to make sure the commoners own nothing and the communist future. They see the common man as simple, unsophisticated ordinary. But each of us has worth and dignity created in the image of God. That is what we have in common. That is what they want to take away. Their most powerful weapons are isolation, deception, intimidation. They desire to know everything about us, while they hide everything from us. It's time to turn that around and expose is what they want to hide. Please share the information and links you'll find at the Davidnightshow dot com. Thank you for listening, Thank you for sharing. If you can't support us financially, please keep us in your prayers. Ddavidnightshow dot com