Speaker 1: George Burrello, our state senator from Chautaqua, Chautauqua, where I spent a summer as a seven year old and lost almost all my clothes.
Speaker 2: Time in Chautauqua too, did What haven't you been?
Speaker 1: My parents rented a house near the big amphitheater there, beautiful spot. Unbeknownst to them, there was a big organ in that amphitheater and someone was practicing it, usually very late at night. But you know, actually I really enjoyed my time there, Senator, but I did lose a number of my items from the day camp, and my mother is still very upset about this. If you find a blue windbreaker from nineteen seventy seven, please call me.
Speaker 3: Is a Star Wars wind breaker?
Speaker 4: Perhaps it was, No, I wish it were. But it's a beautiful area there. Forty nine years ago, yeah, about.
Speaker 1: Forty almost forty nine years ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah, would have been forty nine years ago. But a fun fact also from the Jamestown area, Lucille Ball, Correct's correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, In fact, we have the National Comedy Center in downtown Jamestown. It is an amazing place. If you have not been to Western New York, go to Jamestown go to the National Comedy Center and every year in early August we had the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival with a list comedians. We had Jerry Seinfeld, actually this year Jerry Seinfeld, you know, Sebastian Mescalco. A list comedians in the little community of Jamestown, New York. It's an amazing place.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: One of my freedom two fifty the decisions that made America features was on Lucille Ball because she was an incredibly smart businesswoman.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: So, first, when she was still married to Desi Arnez, they decided to create a production company to create I Love Lucy, and then that was kind of sold to see so, in other words, she took control of it. And then when they got divorced, she became the first woman to run a real studio in Hollywood, and that studio was responsible for, oh, a couple of little things like Star Trek Mission Impossible that no one else would have produced.
Speaker 6: She remaned the name of the company, does he loop right?
Speaker 4: Well she is dead, yeah, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 5: You're not going to murder anyone today, right? You murdered Linda yesterday?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I'm very proud of the fact that we immediately corrected it. We didn't even go to commercial break.
Speaker 6: I accidentally clashed my head and I said, she dead.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's a murderer. I'm telling you sadly.
Speaker 1: She is suffering from an incredibly rare disease that is incurable. We certainly are praying for her. But yes, I apologize once again. She's one of my favorite singers and for some reason, I guess I thought she had passed away. But Linda Rossid is still with us and makes she get better.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, today's our last day here Earth Wind and Fire, and I just want to say good morning to everyone. It's been an incredible week filling in for SIT and friends said, thank you for trusting us with your audience. Anytime you need to take off, we're ready to take over again.
Speaker 4: Well you know, there you go. Listen.
Speaker 1: One of the big things that people are talking about here in New York City this morning is this decision by the city to freeze the rent which look obviously rents are very high in the city. We're not being I do believe there's time for compassion. But if you think this is compassionate to the tenants, anything longer than this one year. You're being very foolish. Their rent wal echeck.
Speaker 6: You know what would be fair?
Speaker 7: And I'm telling this that every business person out there, and you know, I understand you know, uh, the socialists want to play the violin that. Oh say you were doing something for you? All right, you want to reduce the rents, you want to reduce price increases. Well, why don't you reduce the real estate taxes to compensate for not being able to raise the.
Speaker 4: Rents and the water charges are going up?
Speaker 2: John, hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: Don't increase the expenses and lower the rent It makes no sense.
Speaker 6: Low.
Speaker 7: If you want to lower the rents, will lower the rents, lower the real estate taxes.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it makes sense, right, of course, this is common sense. George Burrello.
Speaker 7: You you're a state senator, but you're a businessman too.
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, you know, New York City's unique, right, You've got this huge amount of people in a very small space essentially, and rents are high. It's it's it's a supply and demand thing. But what you're doing is you're you're basically saying we're gonna limit your ability to care for these properties, to do the upkeep that you need. And also as you as you said, John, there's a lot of other expenses here, uh, and a lot of them are burden burdens on the property owners. And uh, you know, look at you want to know who the worst landlord in New York City is nitscha, Yeah, exactly. The New York City Housing Authority is the worst. It's a slum lord, the biggest slum lord in the city. So what's being done about that? And you're gonna drive more people out of the private property business, And that's what they want. They want to confiscate property. This is the socialist agenda. And you do that by death, by a thousand cuts. We're not gonna let you make money. We're not gonna, you know, do let you do the things you need to do. We're gonna convert your buildings, uh to all electric at huge expenses. So you want to save you want to make a rent more affordable, let's not. Let's not make everybody convert their buildings to all electric, which is gonna be a huge cost.
Speaker 1: Us apply and demand if you want the price of something that where demand isn't isn't elastic. I mean, people are gonna want to live in a house, right or an apartment. That's not gonna change. You have to increase supply that period. And you're not going to increase supply by raising the costs and all the regulatory barriers, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the only people who really have the money in the capital to build more are the higher end builders. So what you do is let them build more, because then the higher end now will become a little less expensive and although and it will trickle down. That's the way that works. If you tell everyone, hey, we'll let you build in New York City, but it's got to be two hundred dollars a month round, I know it's gonna build.
Speaker 5: I have a different take on this whole thing here. I think that the socialists are playing the cards right. I believe that wealthy people should play their cards now right. The pr card, the public relations, the public not only the public relations card, the human the human side of a billionaire, of a multi millionaire.
Speaker 2: You know, if you want few buildings.
Speaker 5: Lower the rents a little bit and write it off, write it off. Because it's legal to do that. You know, I bought a truck cost me around ninety thousand dollars. I was gonna sell it. Instead, I'm gonna donate it to one of WABC's advertisers who does a lot of good things there.
Speaker 2: What's the name cars for Kids?
Speaker 5: Right, I'm gonna call cars for Kids, and I'm gonna donate the truck.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna write it off.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: It's simple. So let's hit them back harder than they hit us.
Speaker 1: You make a good point, but not everyone has the income to write off, you know that.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about them, talking about the big guys, the guys.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 5: You got a Mott Haven in the Bronx. You know they built that up tremendously. You have like seventy eight thousand apartments and they're all empty. Why because the rents are too high. People in that area can't afford it, and the gentrifiers haven't gotten there yet. The socialists have not gotten to my right. So those landlords should lower the rents, make them affordable, rather than four thousand, charge two thousand and write the rest off.
Speaker 1: I have an even more capitalist idea Fernando and Senator Barella and John. I think you know, one of the things that's incredibly valuable about a city like New York City, and there's very few other places like this anywhere in this country, is you have massive potential foot traffic by your retail property. And I know Amazon is taking over a lot of things, but foot traffic is even more valuable because of that. If I had that kind of money to invest in new buildings and things like that, one of my great public relations move would be to have lower rents but for the tenants, for the people living there, but for retailers. I can say, listen, I'm guaranteeing you a large building where there's going to be a lot of foot traffic to your store, and make my money back with the commercial rep You know what.
Speaker 2: Just write the whole thing off.
Speaker 5: Give them, give them businesses that give them boldegas, give them supermarkets that they can come in and shop to, give them restaurants.
Speaker 2: You know what are you going to do?
Speaker 5: You donate to causes where people steal eighty percent of your donation. You know there are organizations not for profits. You donate one thousand dollars, they use eighty eighty eight hundred dollars for their expenses, and they spend twenty thousand on what their mission is.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about a free market thing that's happening without any socialism, that is also helping our consumers this morning, and that is the price of oil, where we just briefly dip to the sixty eight dollars a barrel level.
Speaker 4: All the way. I mean, almost half of what it was.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of months ago, a month and a half ago, whatever it was when we were at one twenty. And the national average for one gallon of gas now at three dollars and ninety cents. That's thirty five out of the last thirty six days it's gone down. You know, you don't like these speculators when they drive the price up, but they've been driving it down fast. And July fourth, next weekend, I think we're going to see a handle much lower than three ninety by fast enough.
Speaker 5: They're not lowering fast enough, and the President is right in saying that they're not lowering.
Speaker 2: It fast enough.
Speaker 1: But it is lower. We can at least we have good on that. And you know, this is not free. You know a lot of people say freeze the prices. If frozen the price at four, we'd be stealing money from our own people right now.
Speaker 4: So let it keep going down.
Speaker 1: Whether you think it's going down fast enough is a different argument, but definitely we're talking about But still, look where at sixty you know, we're probably gonna get back down to sixty eight in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: This is a good development.
Speaker 1: And even though Iran attacked once again, what did we all say when the when the agreement was made, not if Iran will break it, it's just when they'll break it. And they attacked a commercial ship in the Strait of horn Moves yesterday afternoon. Going into the evening, oil shot up briefly, but then they.
Speaker 7: Thought that let's get distrained. We straightened it that last night at five o'clock.
Speaker 4: You did good.
Speaker 7: The truth is that it's not day probably a single you know, and we had Katie mcfallin on last night. It's probably a single individual that had an extra drone. You can't eliminate. It wasn't a massive attack. It was one drone, one cargo ship. There's always gonna be how do you say.
Speaker 6: It in the Brooklyn Show? You a schmuck or schmuck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's always gonna be a schmuck somewhere that has one drone left.
Speaker 6: And what's the start of coms?
Speaker 1: Does this all the time, by the way, one person fires a rocket sometimes and that's it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you're never gonna you can never get one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I agree, you know, one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: But you know what happens.
Speaker 4: The markets agree with you too.
Speaker 6: They forged the price of will the dollars up two dollars right back down. You know how much money that is? Two dollars.
Speaker 2: They messed up your prediction.
Speaker 4: They messed up from time nothing to my going back.
Speaker 7: Okay, but but this is what it is. So I tell all people that kneeling in the markets, don't panic over nonsense.
Speaker 6: Guys. You know, stuff happens, and stuff is always gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Well, the markets are always worried about something. But you know, again, if you go to the gas, if you go to the gas pump in most of the I mean down to three seventy by me. And I told you if you asked me about a mid grade yesterday for an now, because I don't do mid grade, I do.
Speaker 2: Thee Yeah, yeah, I don't know you cheese.
Speaker 1: I texted you yesterday and I think I said it was only four oh six for mid grade at my stations.
Speaker 5: Now, you shop around for gas, you drive a mile to save a gallon.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't understand.
Speaker 7: I know those people that drive two miles spend twenty cents in in extra fuel, but they saved twelve cents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's Jake.
Speaker 4: No, No, I got I have principle where I live. I actually had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, you know, Jake, I've gotta confess I do the same thing I should have gotten.
Speaker 2: I gotta I know where the.
Speaker 5: Cheapest gas stations are, and if it's three four miles away from me, I still go.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't do the psychologically ten.
Speaker 5: Cents that you spend on let's say twenty gallons, it's two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, No, what I what I do is something similar to that, which is, I know the cheapest gas station in my neighborhood, and I make sure that when I'm near that area anyway. For another thing, that's when I fill up, no matter how much. So even if I have only a quarter of a tank left to fill up, I'll go.
Speaker 5: Then you don't drive that much you know what, I follow the lead from the cab drivers. The cab drivers know exactly where to go and when to go and when to go, and they do their thing the right way.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 5: Cab drivers should be listening to WABC every morning so that they get the latest on gas prices, on oil prices, so that they get the latest on who's here.
Speaker 2: In the studios.
Speaker 5: You know they I guarantee you that they are so happy that thunder, I mean, earth, wind and fire are here this week.
Speaker 2: But you know what, we're.
Speaker 5: Turning over the studio to sit again.
Speaker 4: Stay.
Speaker 1: Senator George Morella is with us as well in studio, and Senator, you know, we had you on the phone a couple of days ago to talk about the Republican Party in the state where you're one of the spokesmen for. So you know, Fernando and I talked about something just off the year before the show started, which with some of these socialist candidates winning these congressional primaries, which I think is very frightening, especially this Daria V. Chevalier, who says she wants to wipe her hands with the American flag. She's viciously anti Semitic and I'll say that Sid would say the same. I know he would say the same. Could somebody like Andreano Spai who lost this primary, would you know, just as a political expert like yourself, Senator Burrello, should he run as an independent in the general election?
Speaker 6: Do what doing?
Speaker 2: Andrew Cuomo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as a Republican I love to see him do that because that'll split the vote and put it in the hands of the Republicans. So, okay, give them a chance for Republican strategy. But look, it was not just congressional candidates. Yeah, we had candidates in the Senate, in the Assembly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I know people, everybody focuses on DC and and and Congress, and certainly it's very important, but your everyday life, it's far more impacted by by what happens in Albany than what happens in Washington. And the people that were that won these primaries in a very low turnout, by the way, very low, you know, ten percent of the registered Democrats in some cases. So and by the way, this is from the party of you know, voter suppression and you know so, but yet they're they're they're making decisions on one in tent of their of their voters.
Speaker 1: You know, making a which this day afternoon in the middle of the summer is a form of voter suppression by Democrats.
Speaker 3: And that and by the way, that was when when Democrats took control, that was one of the things they changed. They moved the primaries from September to June, and and then also having to collect signatures on petitions. Uh in you know in February and March, which where I live, you know, it's it's pretty darren cold.
Speaker 1: September eleventh, the day of the attack, was a primary day here in New York. People forget that they had to redo it, but yes, it used to be in September, and it was a little bit more in people's minds and conscious people were art it's school, kids were at school. I mean, the regular day, day to day stuff. Where you represent. Let's get a little bit more local, because all politics is local. You represent said we you know, we made our jokes about to talk on my Missy clothing and Jamestown.
Speaker 4: All what I mean.
Speaker 6: You know, beautiful country.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful country. You have a lot of celebrities who own property around there and things like that. But and that's great maybe for some some things, but what are the major economic issues there that that that might resonate for for everyone us around the country. I mean, this is our chance to kind of tap into a non city type of politics and economics.
Speaker 3: You know, most of New York State is rural. The number one industry in New York State, believe or not, is agriculture. People think it's financed, but it's actually agricultures. Yes, yeah, well, you know, grapes. So, you know, our concerns are like everyone else, the loss of population, the fact that our children are leaving. You know, I speak a lot at schools and I speak to you know, your government that Buffalo area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I mean how many people were in Buffalo forty years ago and how many are now?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot less.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'll tell you this. You know, the the the population loss state in general, but it's been particularly hard in upstate New York. You know, and people still there's no jobs there. That's really not true. We have jobs, we don't have we don't have people have the skills to fill the jobs that are open. We need more people that are in the trades, you know, people that are there welders and plumbers and carpenters. There's a severe shortage of these, and we're trying to push back in the sense of trying to get kids into the stem and steam. Look, I come from a family of plumbers, my father and my grandfather. You know, I didn't want to go into the plumbing business. My grandfather, my father, they wanted me to go to college. We've been telling kids that from now for forty years. And look what we have now. We have a shortage of people in the skilled trades. And you know, Microw talks about this all the time, you know, and we don't have so we have jobs, but we're telling people is don't go to work. Don't go to work. It's okay, you can live off the tax payers. The biggest expense I spent ten years in county government. I was also a county executive of Chautauqua County before I was a senator. The biggest expense by far for county government, which is property property tax payers, is welfare. It's Medicare. Excuse me, it's Medicaid. It's the fact that we have the safety net in New York State. People doesn't what they understand what that means, so the federal government limits you to five years of being on welfare. After five years, the federal government will no longer fund it. Then we go into states like New York that have what they call the safety net, which means forever you can live on welfare, multi generational families that have been on welfare. Imagine somebody who you're trying to tell a kid to go to work who's never seen his parents or grandparents work. That's the problem that we have, and that's a problem, you know, particularly here.
Speaker 1: I want to hit I want to hit on so a couple of things, both good news and bad news. The thing about the children leaving, now, this is something that is very much one of the undercurrents of the whole migrant crisis thing. People are asking me all the time, what is somebody Somali's going to Minnesota and Maine for well, I used to work in Maine. Fana is going to make fun of me bang or Man I lived and work there. That is an aging population. The children are leaving, and you better believe that there are businesses and even and government people as well who are well. They might be illegal, they may not be, but it's least it's warm bodies coming into our population. Is there a is there something like that going on? But before you answer that question, Buffalo, to answer John's question, the population is less than half of what it was in nineteen fifty.
Speaker 4: So it's half less than half.
Speaker 3: That's a big dumb And we also lost you know, that used to be a steel city as well, like Pittsburgh, a lot of stills, car industry and those all those all left.
Speaker 1: But Buffalo is having a lot is still having a lot of a business resurgence because the electric power there is relatively cheaper because of Niagara Falls. So first the bitcoin miners plowed into Buffalo, bought vacant buildings and put bitcoin mining servers into a lot of buildings. Now, because of AI, Buffalo is seeing a tremendous I mean, I have some classmates of mine in high school who are buying every building they can buy in Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Same thing in Cleveland. So there is hope, right, there's hope.
Speaker 3: That well there was until they passed an AI moratorium here you know, at the end of session. Okay, you know, here's no other you know, so AI is the new boogeyman. Okay, Data centers they don't want data centers. Now, who's they? They are, quite frankly, the socialists, the people on the left that are in charge. You know, we passed this moratorium because we don't have enough power. Yeah, we don't have power because we have horrible energy policy here in New York State. We don't enough power because you know, we've shut down reliable baseload power. So who's the new boogeyman data centers? Yeah, and so so all all those speculators, we've basically outlawed their ability to employ people, to create jobs. You know, there's there's a talk of a data center in my district this that could create one hundred and twenty five high paying jobs in a very poor rural area. It's going to provide needed funding to complete a major water project, and it's gonna be transformational. But right now, if the governor science is more to warm, it's gonna you know, that's it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be done.
Speaker 1: And State Senator Bauh, you know who is paying the money in these anti data center campaigns, China.
Speaker 4: China's right.
Speaker 3: That's the part that you know, you know, look at over the years, we've had a lot of useful idiots here in the United States, and the new useful idiot is the one who's who's standing up and rallying against these things. And by the way, you know, I'm not I'm not saying it's pro I'm not trying to be a pro data center, but i am pro growth. Also, we don't have the ability in New York State forces down the throats of our rural communities all these boondogle green energy projects, wind and solar and battery storage. We have the Office of Renewable Energy Siting o RES, which can come into a community and just roll over local opposition, local zoning laws. They can they can cancel rollover DC regulations, you know, wetland regulations. Because you know, that's the crisis that we're trying to address here, which is again it's just an investment scam, is what it really is. But yet with data centers, which are a much smaller footprint, which are going to create much more economic impact, we're going to shut those down. That's the hypocrisy.
Speaker 1: Out of all money, Fernando, this is I mean that you're the people that you're always so much in connection with, the podego owners, the cab drivers and things like that they may this is a world that they may not be able to really truly understand as far as like these data centers and the fact that if we don't get the power, we're not going to have the gas station or the food coming from. You know, agriculture is the number one and those pdegos need to get those fruits and vegetables from somewhere.
Speaker 5: They do and listen, we're always shopping around for where to where where we can buy stuff for less? Right, Uh, Jamestown? How far is Jamestown? Senator from from New York City?
Speaker 6: New York City.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a I'll be finding out in a few.
Speaker 2: Minutes because IM gonna be I'm oh, you've been in the city.
Speaker 3: I've been in the city here, but I do actually drove this trip, but it's a it's a good six and a half seven hours. It's it's a long way from New York City, and again, New York's a huge state.
Speaker 1: When you listen to w ABC on the radio, the drive is much shorter it is, and I've got I have the app on my phone so i can listen to it.
Speaker 4: Probably by the.
Speaker 1: End of Brian kill Neeeds Show, you'll be you'll be back home something like that. But no, that's a that's an important factor.
Speaker 6: Look, you know, Judge Weinberg has entered the studios.
Speaker 4: All rise the Judge.
Speaker 9: I have his seat, favorite Senator, how are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on, You're on, judge, Judge, we were just talking about this rent freeze decision.
Speaker 9: Totally illegal, totally illegal.
Speaker 7: And but hey said, no, I mean all jumping around. I mean, uh, the the only person on the board, Judge, tell us about the person on the board.
Speaker 9: The person on the board is a the way the board is constituted, you have representatives from landlords, from tenants and so called independence. And what happened was a number of Adams people resigned. Mundommie packed the board with his people. They were forced to resign.
Speaker 6: That hurt. That that may.
Speaker 9: That may, that may may not be. But but let's let's be clear. They did resign and Mondomie did pack the board. So what happened was he had this one lawyer, her name was Christina Smith, she's the landlord representative, and she said that this was an unfair practice. They never looked at the conditions that the landlords were facing, that this was a hardship to them. They never did what they had to do lawfully, that this whole process, in fact of hearing the vote last night, it was all it was all fix is all nonsense. It's all charade. It was a predetermined result, and she does not want to be part of this charade or this.
Speaker 7: Right now, let me ask you before you came, what I said was if the city wants to reduce rents or reduce increases, then then you should reduce real estate taxes. Of course they're doing the opposite now increasing real estate tax.
Speaker 9: Your but listen very carefully because your answer something. Because the Housings are from Mondomie's made perfectly clear. She's anti landlord, anti capitalists. She wants to seize the private properties. What they've done is they created the sham Commission about so called bad landlords.
Speaker 6: So what they're gonna do.
Speaker 9: What they're gonna do is gonna use this. Do you have more kinds of finds? Drive them out of business. They can't make their expenses, they will abandon the properties and the city will take it over. Now, let me ask you a question, bad landlord, what's the worst landlord than the housing said?
Speaker 1: That exactly happened to be a husted when it comes acidic capitalist, and I don't like having a board. I don't even like the board in the first place, even if it's stacked with better people. I don't like the idea. But the free market decide. All right, we're gonna take a break right now. This is the last day of the Cats and Company takeover of Sid and Friends in the morning. We're gonna make the most of it. We have a lot of really great guests coming up, and we are going to continue to show you why it is not compassionate.
Speaker 4: To have the government so called freeze rents.
Speaker 10: And Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: A lot of news going on again today. We're you know, we haven't mentioned Venezuela, which was, of course a huge top story and can remains that. Those twin earthquakes on Wednesday. By the way, one of the picture former picture for the Mets was in the worst basically placed you can possibly be when an earthquake happens, Osemhia. He was in an elevator. You really don't want to be in an elevator when there's a massive earthquake.
Speaker 4: But he marrived his life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it turned out okay for him, relatively so, of course. But right now the death tolls something around three hundred, a little bit, but there are still thousands, thousands missing. There's going to be a lot of humanitarian aid requests and discussions about what's going on in Venezuela. And you know what, Venezuela's lucky that the United States has its hands around it right now, because it's going to make it a lot easier.
Speaker 5: The United States has his hand its hands around any disaster around the world.
Speaker 1: But even before this has asked the fact that we extradited Maduro the the illegal dictator of Venezuela.
Speaker 4: I can't say that enough.
Speaker 1: I can't stand when the mainstream media calls him the president, like he was elected by the electoral college or something.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 5: Never call him the president, Yeah, the dictate, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why don't we just call him el Hefe or you know, the patron or whatever you want to call him.
Speaker 4: But he was not a real legitimate leader.
Speaker 1: And uh so, the United States is a little bit more involved in Venezuela than it would have been a couple of months ago. And I think that this is something that could end up saving lives. The fact that we're there now, there's not as many hoops to jump through to get the aid to get there. And America's allies a number of countries that are very good at this kind of stuff setting up field hospitals will have an e your time getting there. So there is a blessing something, a blessing involved with you.
Speaker 5: Know, the Venezuelan community here in New York, predominantly in Astoria, Long Island City, that general area.
Speaker 2: You know, we are here at WABC.
Speaker 5: Whatever you guys need, just reach out and we will support whatever efforts you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and make it clear, you know, come on Fernando's Show, No Excuses at six pm, come on my programs at any program here and let us know what is needed.
Speaker 4: Because a lot of people we hear about him. What do I send money? Do I send supplies?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do I send you know, do I tell my friends who do these kinds of relief work. It's important And again, just as we were saying yesterday, it was so interesting John yesterday that we were hearing from so many people. Many of our guests who were talking about Bill O'Reilly talked about this, how if you go to the in the public school system, today and even a lot of the private schools, they teach our children about how terrible America is, how horrible a country this is. And at the same time, no one denies that we're the most charitable country in the world. No one denies that we motivate and mobilize quicker than anybody else. And that is why this story is doubly important, because the United States people are so charitable, and we are so willing to help, and we are able to do it, and most importantly for Nanda, we have the means with which to make that happen. It's not just a wish upon a star. We have the Peace Corps, we have these mobile hospitals that can be set up. We use the military for humanitarian aid all the time. The National Guard mostly does humanitarian aid. You know, for those of you who think they're just they're just there to back back us up in Iraq or whatever, that's not true. So it's it's you know, at the same day that we're hearing about how much America is hated, and it produces candidates like this Dariya Chevelia who hate America and want to wipe their hands on an American flag, like a napkin. We are reminded that this is a great country, charitable country.
Speaker 2: You know what she's not.
Speaker 5: She's still not a shoe in. She's a shoe in for the Democratic Socialist part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But we have a candidate, Colomo Williams, who's a Republican running against her.
Speaker 4: Okay, you mean in that county.
Speaker 5: If the Republicans get behind him, it's possible that he does.
Speaker 6: We had a big discussion last night.
Speaker 7: The Democrats have to get behind him, the common sense Democrats, the black community has to get here.
Speaker 1: Here's James Carville saying that the Democrats, if Chevalier does win the general election, shouldn't see her in their caucus.
Speaker 4: Here's James Carvill. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: You can you hear this?
Speaker 11: Okay, come on, let's get real. And by the way, two of them, I don't think are even Democrats just shival lady. I don't They should not seat her in the caucus for her views totally against anything that any Democrat has. We believe in pluralism. She doesn't even believe in interracial daty. I mean, I don't think there's a place in the party. By the way, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Sure she wants.
Speaker 11: She wants to be a Democrat.
Speaker 4: You've lost, James Carville, You've lost, You've lost them.
Speaker 7: No, I think James Carvill has lost it completely, has lost that. He's right here, but he you know, you notice the words he uses. He fools the people. I want everybody to notice it.
Speaker 6: He fooled. We won't shouldn't sit it in the caucus. Doesn't mean anything, John Key, John is absolute.
Speaker 9: The key is you don't let her take a seat in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 4: But you can't.
Speaker 6: You don't have the right to do that. Actually, you do have the right to You don't give me a break.
Speaker 9: The House has the right to not seat somebody we're not qualified. The senator and the senator, yes, they don't have.
Speaker 6: To see somebody.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's a pre exposure.
Speaker 7: If you're take an IQ test with some of these people that got elected, I mean, are you going to convince people.
Speaker 6: In that that seen him.
Speaker 9: The fact is I would make the effort not to see her. And by the way, that story, I don't know if you folks have talked about it yet, but there's a story I don't know the validity of which is that there was foreign money went I into that campaign coming out of general.
Speaker 4: Have it right here.
Speaker 1: I have the SoundBite right here now for him. And we've been talking about Judge. To answer your question, we've been talking about for money. And when we talk about for money, uh, getting into our election is completely illegal. We've been thinking it's Connor or Iran or China. Well, it turns out this is a German Man, a member of the German government, explaining how they spent a lot of money on New York's elections.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 12: RLS NYC is part of the International Network, a Luxembourg foundation with Oxmook stift on RLS. RLS is a Berlin based foundation associated with Germany's Left Party, which is currently the third strongest party in the national parliament, the Bundestag.
Speaker 1: So the third largest party in Germany is funding illegally candidates as Democrats Socialist in New York City.
Speaker 7: You know what I keep saying, America is under attack and we have to wake up.
Speaker 4: And it's attacking not just with bombs or with drugs, but also with money.
Speaker 6: Let's find out what you do.
Speaker 7: The FBI needs a separate division just to go after these people and say enough is enough, because we're under attack.
Speaker 9: John's right, and let's find out how this money moved. Did she know about it? Did her campaign people know about it?
Speaker 7: Who's gonna invest wet that investigated? And look and not a fact. You know, somebody very close to me investigated.
Speaker 6: Act Blue. Okay. Act Blue was the big thing.
Speaker 7: Hundreds of millions of dollars came in to get get congress people elected, Democratic congress people.
Speaker 6: A person.
Speaker 7: You take a person that never that never ran for anything, and she got thirty five million dollars for me blue.
Speaker 2: Who's in jail?
Speaker 7: Okay, nobody's in jail. Okay, okay. But the FBI needs a separate division. And we have to America. This is a different kind of war that's being waged on America and the people have to realize it and center Brella. I was at your event last night where you had the Republican state chair people, and tell people what I said last night.
Speaker 3: You tell well, first of all, you get you really lit up the room. Thank you for being there. But you know you ended with that we cannot demonize all the Democrats. But you did say and I think this is an important point is people came to this country like our ancestors, your grandfathers. They came here to be Americans because they loved America. They came here for opportunity, you know, my ancestors. And this is the story of America. You know, it doesn't you know, prior to America, how you were born was determined what your life was going to be. Okay, not in America. It doesn't matter where you were born, whether you have money, whether you have the right last name, you can be a success. Okay, and you know, mister Catsmeatidiz, you're the perfect example of that. But we have an insurgency. That's what this really is. It's an insurgency here in the United States. And the insurgency is those folks that are here because they don't like America. And that's what you're seeing with some of these candidates.
Speaker 6: And what happened was.
Speaker 7: You weren't here the last few days after listen, Bill Clinton was a pro America, loved America president. After the next president after that, President Obama, next Democratic president, that's Democrat. That's that's where it started. That's where it started being anti American. And we were talking about it the last few days that seventy percent of the Democrats maybe more.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Loved America pre President Obama? And now what is it?
Speaker 7: Down to twenty nine? And the number was even high? Who loved America under attack? How is it under attack? It's under attack by political means. But what's happening? Foreign money going into our political system? Number two drugs, Yes, they are feeding drugs and killing our kids.
Speaker 4: I'm not for profit, but to kill us.
Speaker 7: One hundred thousand dollars. One hundred thousand Americans died every year in twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, twenty five. I mean, stop already.
Speaker 4: It's like two Vietnam Wars every year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just fifty nine thousand died in Vietnam.
Speaker 7: It's like a seven thirty seven going down every day. Yeah, okay, So you got drugs, you got foreign influences in these paid actors that that that create scenes, and all the broadcasting companies broadcasted and America thinks it's their way of life.
Speaker 5: This is all making sense to me personally right now. It's coming together, and it's coming together here at the sid Rosenberg Show, and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: You show, Earth Wind and Fire. Listen, this is coming together.
Speaker 6: The immigrants will create a new show like that. You know, the influx, the influence, wind and fire.
Speaker 4: Listen, and we'll start it in September.
Speaker 5: Listen, the influx of immigrants, the influx of foreign money all comes together and it makes sense.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 2: You know, all these illegal immigrants that came.
Speaker 5: During Obama and Biden and all of that, plus all that foreign money coming in.
Speaker 2: Now they're putting it to use with the people that came.
Speaker 6: Into the country.
Speaker 7: Listen, all these schmucky Democrats that were attacking President Trump for shooting down the Venezuelan boats that were bringing drugs to America, Give me a brain.
Speaker 2: It is ridiculous, Give me a break. Ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Finally they got that boat has there's enough vetinol or drugs to kill ten thousand.
Speaker 4: Kids, oh more than that, and.
Speaker 7: We shoot it down, and the Democrats say, oh, let's put trumpet jail.
Speaker 6: I mean, give me a break.
Speaker 1: And guess where their funding is coming from some of these drug cartels. You know again, it's it's you know, almost nothing is said.
Speaker 7: In China gang were funding the Mexican gangs to bring the fetanoyl in and somebody. Historians say the Chinese were getting even before the opio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean you use by the way, you know we joke around in here. You think that Jews played the victim card a lot, or Black Spans. The Chinese government plays the victim card better than anybody. They believe everyone has victimized them for hundreds of years and that thus they have no moral obligations to anyone, and that includes Japan, Russia, the United States, Britain, France and John's exactly right. You know this isn't like the Miami vice drug dealer of the eighties. The Chinese supplying this, They're not looking to make money off of this, They're looking to kill us, exactly right.
Speaker 6: That's it now.
Speaker 9: The Mexican cart tells are earning money business yea, Chinese, the.
Speaker 4: Chinese and the killing business.
Speaker 1: And you know it's it's all kidding aside this and you know this isn't anything new our founding fathers, but even after that understood with the creation of some of our fell apartments exactly the different ways that a country can be attacked. It's not just with bombs and with guns. The Secret Service used to be very much involved in combating counterfeiting because if you put counterfeit currency into into an economy, you destroy that economy. I thought one of the worst decisions, speaking of George W. Bush worst decisions, was putting the Secret Service under the under the auspices of the Homeland Security Department.
Speaker 4: That was a terrible thing.
Speaker 1: The Treasury Department is not perfect, but compared to the other agencies in DC, it's pretty darn good. And I wanted this Secret Service to remain part of Treasury.
Speaker 7: That's what I still don't understand. I mean, I want every American actor to know this. This IRS executive director was the.
Speaker 4: Name under Obama. Under Obama, Lewis Learning Lowist Learner.
Speaker 7: Tell the people what she did. She she never went to jail, and she never spent and she never got fined.
Speaker 4: And I say you, I was running Larry Cutlers Show.
Speaker 1: It seem to see when the scandal broke, Lowis Learner was deliberately going after right wing organizations that were legitimately not for profit andwganizing them, taking away they're not for profit, their tax status, et cetera, et cetera. And it was proven beyond a shadow of doubt that she was doing this for political reasons. She and we thought at the Cutlow Show. This is going to be a big ratings grabber. We thought everyone was going to pay attention. Well they didn't. She got away with it. She was never prosecuted. She's fine and dandy now and she was just a tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 4: John. There were a lot of other people that it was.
Speaker 9: Worse about what happened with Loewis Lerner.
Speaker 6: She was born.
Speaker 9: Before the Congressional committee, she read a statement saying how wonderful she was and denying everything. Then when they started to ask your questions, she took the Fifth Amendment. Now, let me give you some basic Fifth Amendment law. As soon as you give up any information, you say anything, you've waived the privilege. And they never went after her for contempt of Congress, and they should have.
Speaker 1: Nobody on this panel takes the Fifth including for Nanda Mateo. We're going to hear from him when we come back after this time.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to explode. We should skip the commercial breaks here, Sid.
Speaker 10: And Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 4: All joking aside.
Speaker 1: Really, we have a lot of listeners who because the Sit in Friends show in Israel is around lunchtime and it's a good time to sit down. Israeli still sit down and read a paper, listen to the radio. They actually do that in that country. They don't eat at their desks so much. It's not a thing. And Sid met a lot of our listeners there, so he wasn't exactly taking time off from WABC. But I'm here with John cas Matteite's our owner operator for Nando Matteo, Judge Richard Weinberg, and our special guest today, State Senator George Verroh is also a spokesman for the Republican Party and state senator. We were just talking in the break. James Carbon might say.
Speaker 4: It's just three, it's just rad destractually, I might come out. But the fact is.
Speaker 1: These primary results are creating more traction for Jakim Jeffries and Senator Schumer to be replaced as Democrat leaders in the House and Senate, respectively. I don't think that that's too far fetch. People might look at those guys and say they're the old guard.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no doubt about. First of all, Schumer has had a target on his back for a long time. You know, AOC obviously wants that job. Of course, she thinks she can be president. You know, she's not qualified to run anything. But that being said, you know, look, the Democrat Party, on top of moving far to the left and on top of becoming you know, socialist, is also a huge and identity politics. It's about the color of your skin. It's about what your religion is. It's about your gender or your gender fluidity, which.
Speaker 6: Isn't a thing.
Speaker 3: You know, this is what the Democrat Party to come about. So, Chuck Schumer, you're an old, straight white guy. You're a dinosaur in the party. You are an endangered species. And now so and this is the stuff he's supported. Okay, he has been all behind this woke agenda, this DEI. He's pushed all of that, and now he's gonna become a victim of.
Speaker 4: It, creating a monster.
Speaker 1: No, but what about Hakim Jeffries. He's a relatively young African American man. Why is he a Fernanda? Why is he under the gun?
Speaker 5: You know how King Jeffries is like a follower. Really he's he may be one day the Speaker of the House, which you know, I really don't. I hope it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Happen, God forbid. Got to learn that term.
Speaker 5: So why should he be so listen. My my take on Hakeem Jeffries is he's very like insecure. He's lost a huge chunk of his power here in New York City. It seems like if Zorn Mandami is really the leader of the Democratic Party and the Democratic Socialist Party here in New York, and it's time for Jeffries and Schumer to really open up for you know, for someone new to come.
Speaker 1: In well as a Republican or mostly I'm not really a Republican operative.
Speaker 4: I'm certainly not an elected.
Speaker 1: Official, but as a conservative, I would like for the American people to see who the Democrats really are, and the Democrats are not Truck. I mean, listen, Chuck Schumer is one of my least favorite people in Congress. He sat next he sat next city in my high school graduation because I was did he elbow you no? But back then, Chuck Schumer had the loudest voice, by the way, in DC. The man never needed a microphone. It's not as loud anymore, thank god. But I'd really dislike him, his policies. I don't know him personally, so I'm not going to say anything personal about it.
Speaker 9: What we need to know about Chuck Schumer, is that the Obama deal that he cut with Iran, which sold out America, Western civilization, our allies in the Middle East. He let it happen, right, He could have stopped it. And the legislative process business is center knows is something called being let off the hook. So when you have enough votes to get something through, so he let you vote the other way so you can go back to your constituents. Look at me, I vote against it. The fact of the matter is he was the leader of the Democrats. He could have said, no, mister President, this is a bad deal. It's bad for America, it's bad for Western civilization. But Schumer went into the tank. Let Obama cut that deal with Carrie, the worst deal. And President Trump has to unravel that worst deal that threatens Western.
Speaker 1: And judge there were some Democrats, including my congresswoman at the time, Kathleen Rice, who were courageous enough to say that she basically lost her job because of it. She stood up to Obama on the Iron Deals, she stood up to Pelosi on getting new blood into the Democrat Party. She's she's not in politics anymore so.
Speaker 6: Democrat, and nobody even knows her name. Anymore. I've forgotten her name completely until.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was a yawning good why moderate Democrat.
Speaker 7: That's why people say I want to run for Congress to make a difference. The leadership makes the decisions, and people have to realize that the leadership makes the decisions, and everybody goes down long for the ride. Otherwise, what happened to Kathleen Rice happens to them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're ex communicated from you don't get.
Speaker 1: And there's no such thing as a non religious person. The most religious people I meet every day are far left Democrats who don't want to have a conversation, who don't want I mean, I had much easier time growing up in the South among evangelical Christians, and I do talking to some environmental radicals or some of these anti Israel radicals who are.
Speaker 4: Absolutely like religion. They're true, true believer. I'm a member of their true remaining cult in the world. I gave it the office. I know a cult.
Speaker 1: I know it's a member of a cult when I see one. And these people are like, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 5: They don't do business, do they for Listen, Jake, when we had hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants, landing in New York City. Chuck Schumer was the head of the US said it the majority. What did he do to help the Adams administration? Right, what did he do to bring funding to New York? What did he do to help New York City? No one's asked that question.
Speaker 9: He'll cover it up for the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if he covered up, you know what, he doesn't belong in New York.
Speaker 1: City and state Senator George BURRELLO, he's still supposed to be the Senator of New York State.
Speaker 4: Did he do anything for your districts, for your part of the state.
Speaker 3: Well, when it comes to these kind of things. Also, you start talking about the Miagrant crisis. You had literally had people that were flown here on private jets by the Biden administration. And then they go after you know, the governor Texas for putting some people on a bus. But that accounted for you know, I think the number was thirty or forty percent of the total. Most of those folks were brought here by the Biden administration. They chose to come here, uh you purposely?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, and where was Chuck Schumer just to stand at the you know, at the tents of.
Speaker 2: The state and say stop, you're hurting our city.
Speaker 7: They did the opposite. They stood at the bus come on, we come on in, Come on in coffee, and here's an extra coffee. Here's your phone, and here's yourself. Here's your cell phone, and here's a credit card, and here's.
Speaker 2: A four hundred dollars room of hotel where you're gonna stay.
Speaker 3: I mean, and let's not forget the nng o's okay, all these government into organizations that came in here and created a lot of chaos. They told these folks, look, if they're not giving you cultural appropriate food, you throw it back in their face. I mean, you know, we we wasted. I can't tell you how many millions of pounds of food that went to waste here in New York State.
Speaker 6: We won't need it.
Speaker 9: Yes, if you walk by the Rooseveant Hotel just a few blocks from the studio and you saw what was going on there, they made it a third.
Speaker 2: World It was a disaster.
Speaker 1: Also the Lucerne Hotel on the Upper West Side of some of these and by some of the hotel owners were okay with it because with the COVID, you know, the COVID lockdowns. They wanted to make some of their money back. I mean they just they twisted the knife there in a way. We got to take a break. We got a lot coming up. In the next half hour. We're gonna hear from kat manor McFarland. We also hear from Ari Fleischer, the former White House spokesperson, and Nana Mateo is going to remind us that he has a show with six pm on.
Speaker 10: No Excuses, Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple podcast.
Speaker 7: Net work for disclosure purposes. He's been my chief of staff in the last ten years. And George, we've been talking about the FBI between the six o'clock hour and the seven o'clock hour, and we said that America is under attack. We have drugs coming in from all over the place, one form of attack, another form of attack, politics wise, money, foreign money possibly coming in affecting one elections. But we're under attack in so many different ways than we were thirty years ago, twenty years ago. And you're with the FBI, you run the Federal Law Enforcement Foundation. Besides, you talk to all law enforcement. Give us your evaluation, Johnny, you can't be more right. And it's been going on for years, this whole foreign influence of America. It goes on a number of different levels. You know, you have the campaigns. You know, they've been influencing campaigns with money, not to say influence with voting, but money, and and it's it's a it's an American problem on both sides, you know. And the problem is the problem is, and I'm gonna be real frank here, the politicians like the money.
Speaker 13: They need the money. The way campaigns are run, money is essential to get elected. And we see it here and they don't. You know, they're not really keen on attacking the money. I'm telling you right now because we've experienced this personally and it has to be done.
Speaker 6: We have to.
Speaker 13: They're attacking us on money levels. Economically, they're attacking us.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 13: New York City is a perfect example. The reason the prices are so high in New York City is because foreign money. I'll give you an example. I have a son who's looking to change apartments in Manhattan. I was, I was at open house yesterday. I was the only English English weak in person looking at that apartment. And that apartment, as of this morning, has gone up almost one thousand dollars in rent in the bidding war on rents, and it's foreigners that are pushing it up because they come here with a lot of money. All the rich foreigners are coming here. But that's good for you know, that's good for economy. So you can't fight that. But when it comes to elections, I'm telling you they are influencing and and their influence in both sides that they want us to kill each other and they and they're succeeding. The hate is that the is running rapid right now and they successfully pitted American against American. Yeah, it's and it's we got to all wake up soon because you know, writing everything is Democrat, Republican, Democrat Republican. No, we're Americans. Nobody's voting American first. Everybody's voting party first because they're trying to keep that power. And I don't know when we wake up, but if we don't wake up soon, I'm telling you we're gonna lose our country. And what you guys are saying is true. We're gonna we lose our country and they're laughing at us.
Speaker 1: George Bevanzailas, I wonder if you could help me dig a little bit deeper into this when you talked about you because you mentioned the candidates needing the money because the way campaigns are expensive. But did you ever see evidence of what I also think is going on here, which is, you know, a candidate gets all this money and campaign funds, but the way that they can turn that into personal funds is they hire friends and relatives as their campaign staff. There was a Republican Tom Delay who got nailed for this. He put his wife and his daughter as his campaign chairman, so and paid them ridiculous salaries. So this isn't just about oh, I have an expensive campaign and I want to run a relection. It's also about lining their pockets.
Speaker 13: Personally one hundred percent. And that's happening a lot. And you know, and again we we gotta, we gotta have gained the stomach to go against this. We have to, you know, and like you, everybody's been saying, but saying it all week here until somebody goes to jail, You're not gonna stop it.
Speaker 6: George.
Speaker 7: You've been in law enforcement for over thirty years, you know, retired plus after retirement.
Speaker 6: Why, I mean, why doesn't anybody go to jail? I mean I don't understand it.
Speaker 13: That John, That that is something has baffled me for years, and a lot of it is you know, you know, I don't want to make excuses, but a lot of it has to do with the prosecution. You know, you can investigate all you want. If they're not going to prosecute it, then you're wasting your time. We got to get an appetite, like, for example, what's going on now with the Medicaid fraud, the healthcare fraud that's been going on for years, that's been now they finally have put a really good fusion team together to go after that, and we're getting a lot of results. They need to do the same for the foreign influence of our country.
Speaker 7: Oh well, well, I want to say, Judge Richard Weinberg, you've been in law enforcement for one hundred years too.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you seen one hundred years?
Speaker 6: But you look great.
Speaker 4: I'm killing the people and making them older. That's what's going on here on this.
Speaker 9: I went yesterday seventy eight to one hundred.
Speaker 7: Judge, Yes, sir, have you seen a significant decrease of fraud situations going to.
Speaker 9: Jail When my first job out of law squid is a law clerk to federal judge and had an official corruption unit. And you go into the office and you see the pictures of all the politicians literally, George and John. They had these people's pictures there, and they're always looking at them to see if there's a way of making a case. And as George points out, unless the US attorneys or the state ags or the das think they have a slam down case, they're not going to go for it because they're worried about their win loss record and they don't want to expend resources unless they know they can they can win.
Speaker 7: It's like the FBI in other day said to me when they have that case situate with the former chief of staff to the mayor, Eric Adams, is unless we think we have a ninety five percent chance of.
Speaker 6: Convicting, we don't take the case, you know.
Speaker 13: And that's something that's in the federal system doesn't like they take chances, especially in the corruption arena, because if you don't win, it works against you, then it's like, oh, they're going after them because it's a politics. So the you know what, yep, politician being a politicians become big business. Do a do a net worth of a person before they go in, especially in this city here with some of these people, and then look at them. You know, ten twenty years later, you know the money the may and they're not making on their salaries, salaries.
Speaker 9: In Congressman House, the Center. Look at the presidents, Yeah, look at the presidence. How do these people walk out of the presidency multimillion dollars.
Speaker 4: Except Trump who actually, after his first term was lost, had lost money.
Speaker 9: But the fact of the matter is this was camerack cash cash cow.
Speaker 2: Listen, politics is the most business.
Speaker 7: Harry Truman, Harry Truman took the train back after he became.
Speaker 6: Tro back.
Speaker 9: He actually.
Speaker 2: He wasn't born.
Speaker 1: The David McCullough book talks also about how even after he was president, he turned down lucrative offers Toyota offered Truman at the time. This is like nineteen sixty millions of dollars to endorse Toyota, and he wouldn't do it.
Speaker 9: And he wouldn't eve write it. Last he would't even write a book to make money.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 13: Books They formed these foundations, yeah, right, foundations, retirement life.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Read all David mcculla's books. By the way, the Truman book a very good one.
Speaker 4: Look, we also have tax laws.
Speaker 1: When Richard Nixon was vice president and lost the presidency in nineteen six the election nineteen sixty, he donated, quote donated his vice presidential papers, which, in my opinion, in the public property.
Speaker 4: He's doing it in his office.
Speaker 1: By he donated into the National Archives and wrote off in nineteen sixty dollars five hundred thousand dollars and basically never paid personal taxes almost ever again because of that, because that was his deduction carried over year over year. I mean, there are so many scams, Fernando. If it's if we're electing, to believe me, the dirty people will find dirty ways.
Speaker 5: You know, Listen, there's a lot of very honest elected officials.
Speaker 2: You know, we have years right here, Sator.
Speaker 6: Senator.
Speaker 4: By the way, all of the silverware has been counted, set at a barrella.
Speaker 14: You're in the clear.
Speaker 4: You're in the clear now.
Speaker 5: So you know, listen, I ran for mayor of New York City and I had to raise money, and to be quite honest with you, I was very careful about how I accepted money and who I accepted it from. Why Because I have a lot more to lose personally, I'm a very wealthy person. Not as wealthy as John, but I'm wealthy and I've worked very hard my entire life. Right, I don't have a high school. I never graduated high school because I was working to help some want my family. But a lot of the poor politicians like es Bayat to name a few, and these people that run in these poor neighborhoods, they need money and they're gonna take money from whoever gives it to them. And if they don't get caught, they got away with it. And most of them get away with it. But you know, the key to success when you're running for office is cash.
Speaker 2: It's money.
Speaker 5: They take cash, they take bonds, they take food stamps, don't take whatever you give them.
Speaker 9: You have even worse system in New York City, and now you have in New York State this so called campaign financial laws, which most to make the system more honest public. Yeah, it's awful, It's absolutely awful. New York City is a to one, so you encourage people who have no chance at all and have no message and no intention to serve the people running e to one money, which is exactly why after Curtis Sleeber made all that money, all that deal, having all his friends and family on the payroll when he ran for mayor, when he should have gotten out of the race. Stop mont DOMI I've announced that I'm running for mayor next time out.
Speaker 6: I get some of that.
Speaker 5: Speaking about Curtis, you know, rest in peace, Curtis, Sit in company.
Speaker 2: Have you underground, my friend? And with this show this week, you're done.
Speaker 1: Last word to State Senator George Verrella, who has not taken any of our money in the last few minutes.
Speaker 9: That's exactly they paid for the cup of coffee I did did.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all any other campaign contribution. Last word to you, Well, look, you know there is no doubt that that money influences things in politics.
Speaker 6: It has to.
Speaker 3: But the system is set up that way, including the public campaign finance system. Okay, there are a lot of people that profit at the at the expense the taxpayers and the people, because whether the person wins or loses, they make profit. This was designed for consultants to profit. That's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 14: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the morning. You can hear SIT and Friends in the morning weekday mornings. It's six If you like the podcast, share it with your friends, and.
Speaker 8: Listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and.
Speaker 4: X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 6: What the heck is going on here