Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Mark Thompson here, and I figure most of you just staggering home from the Bezos wedding have to wipe the sleep out of your eyes. It was supposed to be quite the decadent affair, full of emotion and all the bubbly you could drink. Talk about a controversial wedding. Now, I've got a lot of stuff going on here in southern California. I'll get into all of it, but just this wedding stuff is like blasting social media that people are angry about it. How could they be so decadent? How could they be so spendy? How could this couple that has so much gives so little to charity? How could missus Bezos now, Lauren Sanchez Bezos, how could she get an environmental award when he made be one of the big environment environmental criminals of the of the current h I'm hearing it all. People are agitated about this, So beyond the wedding, it's all the symbolism. You know, they got married in Venice, and even the Venetians were putting together protest signs and there was pushback. So it was in that wild environment. I mean again, a wedding turned controversial. Oh you've got high profile weddings before, you know, we had the Remember when Brad Pitt married Jennifer Aniston and they I think they tried to seal off the airspace above it so that there wouldn't be helicopters and paparazzi and in other words, there was an effort on their part to low key it. They don't do low key, the Bezos is no, they do high key. They do big key. They do loud key. I mean, Lauren comes in hot. You know, her look is always gonna pop, it's always going to be controversial. And the two of them show up at all kinds of different events. There's no effort on their part to sort of lead a low key lifestyle. So just not what you're going to get from these two. I used to do well. I used to do the news with Lauren every night on at that time Channel thirteen. I also did a show called That's So Hollywood. It was sort of a celebrity type Hollywood show, hence the name That's So Hollywood. And I loved Lauren. She was great, she really was, and at that time she was Initially, when I first met her, she was going out with this insanely handsome guy from NYPD Blue. His name is Henry Simmons, and look him up. He's like, I don't know him in six' two or something like, that just perfect. Looking and he used to come by the studio all the, time So i'd See henry And i'd See lauren a. LOT i didn't think it was possible for her to necessarily upgrade from somebody so, handsome successful primetime actor doing really. Well and then she ends up with super agent Named Patrick. Whitezell he one of the key partners IN. Wmme it's the merger of A William Morris agency And, endeavor two of the huge talent agencies In, hollywood and he ran one of, Them, endeavor so when they put it, together now he runs both of, them and he's. Handsome so you got Handsome Patrick. Whitesell now he's not only a huge power broker In, hollywood but they're.
Speaker 3: WELL i went to their. Wedding he was.
Speaker 2: Spectacular Hugh jackman sang two songs at their, wedding And i'm, thinking this is. Perfection they have two kids. Together how Could Lauren sanchez at that Time Lauren Sanchez whitezel because she's married this, Guy Patrick, weitzel possibly upgrade.
Speaker 3: From again the king Of.
Speaker 2: Hollywood Patrick, whitzel as a talent, agent also runs the most powerful talent agency arguably in the. World they lived this perfect, life AS i, say, wealthy beautiful, kids all this other sort of. Thing she has a child from Her. UH i think she wasn't a, marriage BUT i believe But Tony gonzalez is the father of, her one of her, kids this, handsome wonderful. Child, anyway she, did she did. UPGRADE i mean She and this is the weird. Part you may. THINK i think it's a little always odd when you go back and look at this story and see how it. Unfolded Lauren sanchez Met Jeff. Bezos do you know how she Met Jeff. Bezos, hell she Met Jeff bezos through the GUY i just mentioned to, You Patrick.
Speaker 3: Weitzel. Wow so it was.
Speaker 2: A, Divorce patrick And lauren, divorce and AS i, say she ends up With Jeff. Bezos there was all of that. Shatter it was, online it was in The, inquirer it was in all of the tabs that she was having an affair With bezos at that Time, bezos you'll, remember was married To. Mackenzie, okay so he was married, Also so she was DIVORCED i think at the at the, time and the timeline is a little, fuzzy and he was still married To mackenzie and then he gets the, divorce so now they're two divorced. People and there was all these all these reports and texts, released and it became a sort of salacious. Thing and one would, think if you're taking on that sort of whitewater ride in social, media you, know you're now in this controversial. Relationship Jeff bezos's, marriage which had you, know been. Solid she'd been with him through the rise, up you, know from the primordial ooze of his business career to the rise Of amazon and all this kind of. Thing you, know he lost a lot of public. SYMPATHY i guess What i'm getting. At but to their, credit they forged through it and they kept it. Together and now this is the wedding that went down this weekend In, venice and it was.
Speaker 3: A star studded. Affair Kim, kardashian.
Speaker 2: She was sharing a lot and social media there seems to BE i would, say on the guest, list a lot of social media. People this is WHAT i was talking about WHEN i was saying they don't do low. Key everybody there is happy to share, reaction happy to, tweet happy to post On, instagram happy to. TikTok So Kim kardashian AND i See usher was, There Gail king was, There. Oprah you, Know oprah has the tie because of The amazon flight to you, know the what is it the troposphere or the tropa pause where they went on that space flight into quote outer space wasn't really out of, space but all, right And Gail king went in place Of. Oprah oprah didn't want to, go so she offered it to her best, Friend Gail. King so, Anyway oprah And Gail king were both there at the. Wedding, Usher Leo, DiCaprio Kendall, Jenner Kylie, Jenner Chris, jenner The jenners all. Carpooled, Apparently Bill gates And Brooks nader.
Speaker 3: Quite the.
Speaker 2: Affair On, Instagram Kim kardashian, wrote what a beautiful bride you, Are. Lauren we all cried watching you walk down the aisle in pure. Bliss she then followed up her message with more details about this lavish. Celebration it took place on the island Of San Giorg maggiori for those who know that area Of. Venice she called the wedding. Magical but the love we all felt in the room is what we never forget and why we all love and support both of you so. Much she, said forever rooting for the happiest. Couple you deserve it. All and So lauren And jeff tie the knot pure bliss is what they're. Saying lauren looked, resplendent and he looked over the, moon, happy and about two hundred guests danced into the. Night lauren said that her mermaid style ceremony, dress which was custom designed By Dulce, gabana made her feel like a. Princess she, SAID i went from wanting a, simple, sexy modern dress TO i want something that evokes a moment and WHERE i am right. Now i'm a different person THAN i was five years. AGO i guess that explains why she doesn't return my. Calls shortly after the, Ceremony lauren confirmed her marriage by changing Her instagram handle and bio name Two Lauren Sanchez. Bezos and in this modern, age doesn't everything become more official when you change Your instagram handle it.
Speaker 1: Does you're listening TO KFI am six forty on.
Speaker 2: Demand glad you could join, us by the, way if you want to join us, further there is that option open to you on The iHeartRadio. App the app in front of, you if you Have iHeartRadio open on your cell, phone has a little microphone in the upper right hand corner of your. Screen you can hit that and actually use it as a talkback. Feature and that is a recorded. MESSAGE i think it's of thirty, Seconds isn't that what it is with? YOU i think that's thirty seconds or. Less and you can leave us a message on anything you, want you, know but you, know maybe wedding gift suggestions for the, bezosis the. Uh i'll get to some of the other things related to this world of. TECH a lot of the tech world showed up for their wedding In. Venice we were just talking about. That but you're In. La there is pushback on. Ice in, FACT La county leadership is weighing legal action because of these ice raids turning. VIOLENT i mean this immigration detention of a guy who ended up bloody GOT La County Supervisor Hilda selise to say that she wants the county to explore a legal. Counterattack she talks about THE feds and these ice raids as an unconstitutional immigration. Enforcement she said that she's going to co sponsor emotion at The board Of soups meeting On, tuesday asking the county's attorney to explore quote all legal remedies available to the county to protect the civil rights of our residents and prevent federal law enforcement personnel from engaging in any unconstitutional or unlawful immigration enforcement and goes on to say that that conduct includes the unlawful, stopping, questioning or detaining of individuals without reasonable, suspicion or arresting individuals without probable cause or a valid. Warrant it is kind of. WILD i, mean home depot, lows a landscaping, business a construction. SITE i, mean it's pretty, dragnety you know WHAT i. Mean they just drop a huge area with ice agents and those who seem to be supporting ice. Agent there seems to be almost a vigilanteism that augments the ice. Folk so sometimes there what look to be a legitimate ice. Agent sometimes it looks like it's just a posse you, know with a van and they're wearing, masks no other. Identification the whole, thing let's be, honest it's a bit, sketchy and it goes beyond sketchy to offensive in some. PLACES i, mean the thing about immigration and the entire problem started at the. Border the border is where the immigration problem all agreed was really out of, control an uncontrolled or not sufficiently controlled. BORDER i, MEAN i heard, it you, know in all the ways you heard, it you, know extremely described as open borders or whatever it may. Be but regardless even if you view that as an, exaggeration which it probably, was it still was, way, way way too loose at the southern. Border so everybody kind of agreed something had to happen to stop the bleeding at the southern. Border but then before you know, it the new administration came in and they stopped the bleeding at the southern. Border but the immigration policy took on a kind of an ugly face when they show up IN la and they go instead of rooting out violent criminals and those with criminal, RECORDS i mean really violent criminal, records gang, associations. ETC i, understand, technically if somebody's in this country and they're not in this country legally that you can, say, well they have a criminal. Record, OKAY i, mean first of, all they don't have a record until it's. Adjudicated BUT i take the. Point but the broader point IS i thought we were going to start with bad guys like violent, criminals. Etc so this, IS i, mean legitimately a way you could look at this and, go wait a, minute, guys, guys, GUYS i love that you are on the southern, border but can we address this entire problem of immigration the way you said we were going to address. It, remember the first million people are going to be those who are violent. Criminals you talked about all the violent criminals. Here these violent criminals aren't lining up at lows or home depot for day. Work they're not, babysitters they're not high school. Graduates you're showing up to a high school. Graduation so when you get back to what this is, About i'm talking about the latest plans to, again this is a motion at The board of supervisors meeting to perhaps put together some kind of legal remedy for all of. This you get into the way in which people are being. Detained there is an aggressive physical aggression that is, unlawful and they're, suggesting, also you don't have warrants for these, people you don't have just cause for these. People you're questioning and detaining people without reasonable. Suspicion so these things are all being brought up now as perhaps a legal remedy or legal, pushback and that's what the soups are talking. About here's a quote From. Salise she, says as these immigration reads continue to terrorize our, Communities i'm deeply disturbed by the forceful detainment of a man in unincorporated For. Linda, now that situation with that guy ended up with him. Bloodied it was really a it was pretty. Brutal she goes on to, say the incident raises serious concerns about the conduct and legality of these actions and demonstrates a violation of constitutional rights and due.
Speaker 3: Process so this is what's.
Speaker 2: Happening as the pot continues to boil on, immigration there is some, pushback but, look this is a real crackdown on undocumented immigrants and it is going to. Continue and there has been the enlisting of marines to protect the federal building that had to do with the protest against the ice, raids right and the defacing of government. Buildings i've said it. Before i've got no patients for all that those people should be. Arrested they should be prosecuted. Completely any action against the, buildings against private, property against public, property against the, officers against any law enforcement. OFFICIAL i prosecute them all the WAY i lean in a. Heart but, SIMILARLY i thought we were going to start though on the on the undocumented immigrants with the violent gang type. People remember that what happened to that? Strategy because construction sites are. Empty have you been to the car. Wash we just tried to get the car wash in the valley day before. Yesterday there's nobody at the car. Wash i'm talking to work. There it took an hour to get the car. Washed and it's not because there were a lot of people at the car. Wash it's because there were so few people working at the car. Wash SO i think the ripple effect of this economically is going to be felt for a, while and we're going to feel. It we're going to feel it in this world of. RESTAURANTS i talked about. CONSTRUCTION i mean this is a you, know everything from babysitting to you, know putting up a house is going to be affected by. This the underground accoon that has SERVED i left out the agricultural. Field The Central valley is filled with people who are undocumented, workers who are harvesting the most robust crop in the, world and now some mp it will. Spoil it's going to be a real shakedown period and we're in the middle of it. Now but that's the latest in terms OF La county leaders sort of weighing a legal way to push back on these violent ice. Arrests when we come, back tears are being shed About Southwest airlines. Plans i'll tell you about that.
Speaker 1: Next you're listening TO KFI am six forty on.
Speaker 2: DEMAND i was just mentioning the ice raids and efforts to push back on The feds, legally and how the soups you're going to meet On tuesday and talk about. That In Los, angeles The dodgers, announcer the Former dodger, announcer, Right Haimi HAREN i think he's. Retired he had words that he wanted to express to the community IN la about what's going on with these ice rays at.
Speaker 4: A time when the federal government is cracking down On LA's immigrant.
Speaker 5: Community they're kidnapping.
Speaker 4: Her the Former spanish language voice of The, dodgers Then.
Speaker 3: Sam saba sebah Sebah p S.
Speaker 4: P The lcalumvestor is looking to help lift that community, up SO.
Speaker 6: I wanted to express my gratitude for receiving me with opening. Arms going to come as an.
Speaker 4: Immigrant Jimei herene Ruled La radio for sixty Four dodger. Seasons the ecuador born announcer retired in twenty twenty, two but not before earning a spot in The Baseball hall Of. Fame but closer to home and closer to his, Heart harene started The haimi And Blanca Harene foundation after his wife passed away in twenty.
Speaker 7: Nineteen we're here to try and help wherever we can by contributing and By.
Speaker 4: Jorge hareen Is haimi's son and the president of the, foundation which by the end of this year will have doled out more than a quarter million dollars in scholarships amid the surgeon immigration. Rates earlier this, Month jime issued a statement supporting the protesters who took to the streets and praises The dodgers for how the team handled all this.
Speaker 6: Strife Dodger stadium cousinin my home for sixty plus, years AND i was so pleased to see The dedagers refuse to allow federal ations into The.
Speaker 7: Bourdpark we're proud and pleased to see what The dodgers have done a million dollars to work with organizations within the city Of Los angeles helping immigrant.
Speaker 4: Families now ninety one years, Old haren has time to look back with pride on his life as an immigrant in the.
Speaker 3: Country he, said he's ninety.
Speaker 2: One, wow, man imagine that calling those games for sixty years the voice of The spanish language. BROADCAST i, MEAN i guess that's the thing about these baseball. Announcers they sit, there they, ride you, know they're, beloved right And Vin scully comes to, mind but these guys are all remarkably comfortable in that, booth and it becomes almost a part of the texture of these teams that you hear these voices in these. Descriptions it was a big deal In Haimi hareen, retired you, know BUT i didn't realize he've been sixty Year you get back.
Speaker 4: With pride on his life as an immigrant in the country that took him in seventy years.
Speaker 6: Ago we have, problems of, course but it is the best country in the.
Speaker 2: World, yeah, well of, THAT i think there is no, doubt but there are a lot of disagreements as to what the right course is moving. Forward i'll tell you what really is bumming out a lot Of Southwest airlines elite frequent. Flyers in addition to everything That southwest is, ANNOUNCED i, mean they really dropped the.
Speaker 3: Bomb it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Right luggage is all going to cost, Right they're going to charge for early, seating which think they're already doing on some. Level but a lot of this stuff was offered at discounts or without charge at. All if you were a frequent flyer In SOUTHWEST i know they had a rapid rewards loyalty. Program then they are now making changes to that and there could be major restrictions to The Companion pass. Benefit The Companion pass could soon be exclusive to only top tier elite, Members so apparently if you're flying out of key hubs Like, dallas you could very much be. Affected and the rapid reward numbers right now can earn The companion. Passes it allows the second person to travel for free paid tickets award. Tickets you can do it without elite. Status all you have to do is have enough qualifying points or, segments and you get credit card bonuses. Too you, know they're always pitching you that visa card With. Southwest but the new model that's under review and very well may go into, effect introduces a four or five tier elite status. Program only those in the highest tier would get the Full companion pass. Access lower tiers can get Limited companion flight certificates or might even lose the benefit. Outright so they're talking about qualifying thresholds being one hundred thousand to one hundred and sixty thousand. Points that's thirty to fifty round trips every. Year so if you don't take thirty to fifty round trips, ANNUALLY i, mean and that's a, lot you probably aren't eligible if this program goes into, effect which will likely strip. Everybody but as they, say the most elite tier of qualifiers for these companion. Passes they had a survey about these potential. Changes they surveyed a bunch of their, people and there is a lot of, frustration there's a lot of. DISENCHANTMENT a six Year companion pass holder and AN A list preferred member reported in the survey about the potential change mass. Frustration only top tier members are going to be able to assign a companion at the time of, booking reducing even the passes. Flexibility others responding to the survey saying that the full companion pass access to only four to one way certificates a year would get them to reconsider whether or not they wanted to take this airline which they are taking to the point that they have this elite. Status features like three free check, bags drink, coupons priority laying, access those things would only be available to this highest elite. Level southwest is under a lot of. Pressure this will increase their bottom, line but it may also increase the rate at which people no longer Take. Southwest and The Frequent flyer program does it offer first class? Seating right there's no inflight entertainment, screen there are no lounges or long haul international, routes so there's already kind of a you, know what does The Frequent flyer program get me At? Southwest AND i Mentioned southwest to you because we fly a lot Of southwest out of Southern california To vegas To San, francisco To sacramento To, phoenix and it covers all over The, west it covers the whole. Country but there are a lot of these short, hops and many of the incentives that you once had are going to go, away and many of the things that were free are going to go. Away it's going to be an interesting year At Southwest. Airlines Mark zuckerberg and Gen z both in the.
Speaker 1: News you're listening TO KFI am six forty on.
Speaker 2: Demand Mark thompson, here AND i don't know if you realize what a active night it. Was it was a pretty brutal night in terms of activity that involved private businesses And. Robert i'm going to play this right out of the. Computer will you flit me?
Speaker 4: Over?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Somebody, no, okay she's working on.
Speaker 7: It, no this is.
Speaker 3: Mobile, no, no, NO i got.
Speaker 2: It, No Well i'm playing. It i'm telling You i'm playing. It SO i just need this hot in. Here just make the studio. HOT i, mean already hotter than it. IS i know it's hot WHEN i walk in. Burning come, on, baby.
Speaker 3: That's. Weird it's not Playing, Okay, well MAYBE i do need you to play. IT i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, well this has been a dismal favorite failure so. Far you go ahead and play it, then BECAUSE i can't get this to play.
Speaker 5: Mobile one of the stores that was looted here and you can see what they. Did it's fixed now where they smashed the window, here they went, inside they stole merchandise off the, floor jumped over the, counter and then stole thousands of dollars in. Merchandise so, far there's been no arrests as deputies continue to track down those who are responsible for ripping off four stores here in this Lake with shopping plaza following those overnight street. Takeovers now you're looking at the security video from inside THIS t. Mobile this is a paramount And, dilamo the, owner was celebrating his birthday when he got the.
Speaker 1: Call the.
Speaker 5: Thieves they smashed the front, door AS i, said got, away he, says with ten thousand dollars in, merchandise and all seven businesses burglarized Between lakewood And, bellflower including THIS ampm Along Artesia. Boulevard you can see the merchandise just strewn all over the place and a store clif there was treated at the scene for. Injuries, now two other stores in that store, Block Heavenly Beauty supply and Star smog also broken. In this all unfolded just before two am when The Sheriff's department got a call of a massive street takeover at the intersection Of artisia And Woodroffe. Avenue that street takeover and the other happening so quickly and so close to the, burglaries investigators are looking to see if they're the same people who looted the. Stores THE t mobile owner spoke to us earlier and again he said he's lost thousands of dollars in phones and other.
Speaker 3: MERCHANDISE i just received the burglary on those that like fifteen individuals came in there and took. Everything, sorry Now i'm just trying to see you. BAY i just like they won't come in, again, YUS i like it. DOING i mean these are small.
Speaker 5: Businesses, yeah investigators will be using some of this security video to try to figure out who these people. Are earlier this, year the Only County board Of supervisors did increase fines for taking part in street takeovers from five hundred to one thousand, dollars but that apparently didn't deter those from taking part last night and back your life at This team l. Store one of the people working in this store told, us you know, what this really hurts people that work. Works it hurts, families it hurts, livelihoods and they're really.
Speaker 3: Upset, yeah and that's the.
Speaker 2: Point they're small business people and they deserve, better and they deserve better from the, community and they deserve better from law. Enforcement and then there's also a limit to what law enforcement can. DO i, mean you can't have cops stationed outside every small. Business it's an. Outrage But i'll tell you what does have to, happen and it is happening a, bit and that is that you arrest these, people those who you, find and you prosecute them to the fullest. Extent BUT i, mean you begin to amplify some of these. Sentences it's the only way you're gonna a chilling. EFFECT i, mean this is a kind of rampant wanton act that is affecting our. Community these small businesses operate on small. Margins this guy can't take thousands of dollars in lost merchandise and you can, say, well he has insurance for. It he. May first of, all he may have a high deductible and, secondly his insurance rates are going to go.
Speaker 3: Up so the.
Speaker 2: One the one way in WHICH i take some bit of hope as to what may happen is to look at what happened just last. Month was it last month or was it last. Year i'm trying to. Remember there was a massive there were a massive, arrests and it might have been a year.
Speaker 3: Ago Now i'm thinking it. Was, yeah this is what happens when you get.
Speaker 2: Older last month becomes last, year and before you know, it everything is just a. Cloud but they arrested a bunch of people who were suspected of just this kind of, thing looting. Businesses and will remember it was seven eleven, stores it was any number of other stores that THESE i want to say there were like seven or eight perpetrators were involved In and, again most of these people are really tough to identify because they're wearing. Masks but sometimes something gives them. Away it may be a car license, plate it might be a car, description it might be a bit of a, face and investigators and, detectives to their, credit take that little morsel and they go through an entire. Investigation it might take a, year but they get. Them and when they get, them you need to hit hard because that's the only way that you'll have a chilling effect on this stuff continuing and these street. Takeovers i'd hit that. Hard and if a thousand dollars isn't doing the, job then raise it. Higher this is an. Outrage you need to take the city, back and you don't need The marines and The National guard and all this. Crap the city can be controlled with the existing levers of law. Enforcement but we've got to be aggressive about criminal fines and criminal jail. Time you've got to do. It, yeah But, mark these are eighteen and nineteen. Exactly it has to be now the message. Sent you do this, stuff you're going to pay a huge. Price it's not worth. It my heart breaks for these people who have small businesses and they end up on A saturday. Night one of them was at a birthday. Party it was his own birthday, party a small birthday, DINNER i think it, was and he gets this breaking news that his business has just been knocked over and all of his inventory is.
Speaker 3: Gone it's just, enough right. Enough Mark zuckerberg has put together a huge pay.
Speaker 2: Package it's not just. One they're a bunch of. Them they'll be offering At meta what used to be Called, facebook that and pushback ON ai from, Well i'll tell you from a community that you in a way understand might be in the we've had enough OF ai. Category we'll get into that. NEXT KFI am six forty on demand