Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform PORL six And lots of fighting ahead needs to be that's for sure. And you know who fights so well is Alliance Defending Freedom. And if you're not familiar with them, you know whoever donates to this and you know they rely on small donations as well. My guess is some deep pockets. What a smart use of money. Because let's say you're one of these gazillionaire types out there and you're looking at the most positive impact on America. Well, hey, you fund a group, you fund a group like Alliance Defending Freedom, and you get all of these elite trial lawyers with a conscience and with principle and depellate lawyers, and you go out there and you decide to stand up against the left and stand up for the Constitution and religious liberty. My goodness, the good you can do. An Alliance Defending Freedom does just that, and they win a lot, and they win a lot in the Supreme Court, and you and I are better off for it. So here's another reason I'm pleased with them. The lawsuit they filed today in the federal court in Colorado, and it's a lawsuit against that the state of Colorado over thirteen twelve. And this is a big deal because I believe they are certain to win eventually at some level. They're eventually going to prevail because I think it is so crystal clear that they're right. So I'm going to quote to you from this lawsuit. Kicked this around a little bit throughout the show today, but this is a fresh story. I've got the it's called the complaint. As you know, when somebody files a lawsuit. I have that in my hands right now, and i'll go through some of the key parts with you. But the essence of it, as you know, is that they're saying under thirteen twelve, you know, they're freedom of speech, and you know you've got freedom or religion issues, et cetera obviously with thirteen two well, but just flat out freedom of speech. That now as this business, and we've had the owner of this business, XXXY Athletics on with us before, and the great work they're doing just to speak the truth, and hey, you've got two genders. You've got male and female, and male should not be playing female sports. But obviously what thirteen twelve was intended in part to do was to censor and to force people to lie, to force people to say that, oh no, that male is really a female. Right, that's at the heart in many ways of thirteen twelve. And so I'm glad that xx xxxy is fighting back an alliance defending freedom is helping them, because it's hard for me to imagine that the courts will eventually say, oh, no, Colorado, Yeah, you can pass a bill that says business owners have to lie, business owners have to lie and say that man's really a woman. I cannot imagine for one second at least is current US Supreme Court, which usually has it right whatever.
Speaker 2: Say that.
Speaker 1: So we've got that positive development today, and then the issue becomes, of course, how quickly it can move through the court system, because, as we love to say on the show, because it's true, with the Left, all this unconstitutional garbage that they pass the process is the punishment they know they're eventually going to lose. But in the meantime they can censor a bunch of people and force the victims to spend a lot of money, go through a lot of anguish, to go all this way through the court system, and when it's just kind of an ultimate immoral abuse of power.
Speaker 2: But that's what the left is all about, right, So.
Speaker 1: Lots to chat about today National Hamburger Day also, and of course it's the topic, right is what is the best hamburger in Colorado? Because I'll tell you, no matter where somebody's listening, if they happen to be in the state, if there is a truly just great perfect burger. And it's different for everybody, right, but if there was a great, perfect burger, if you're like me, you'd go anywhere to get it because there's just something about it. I think it's it's just primal. It's part of who we are. If there's that perfect burger, whatever it takes. So we'll take those calls and text as well, what's your favorite burger in Colorado?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I just had one.
Speaker 5: It's really tough to beat Cherry Cricket, and there's a couple of locations I generally go there. My buddy Christian Toto Hollywood intoto dot Com We just went.
Speaker 6: To a couple of games of the yank Paper I hope so Yankees.
Speaker 5: Rockies series, and there's one that's just diagonally across from Creuers Field.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 5: It's great stop before the games if you're ever planning that, and you really can't go wrong.
Speaker 6: It's one of those few places. This is the test for me. Is I normally order a burger.
Speaker 5: Cooked medium, which is a little light for some people, But there I'll get a medium.
Speaker 2: Rare all right? Well, yeah, yeah, that says a lot.
Speaker 6: It does say a lot.
Speaker 5: You're right, the quality of the beef, the flavor, just the creativity they have on their menu too.
Speaker 6: They're not paying me. I ever heard this, by the way, it's just my opinions.
Speaker 2: And their wives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, in and out it's hard to beat. I'm not the best burger in the world, right but like we got our trout Friday, we go over it in and out. But for me and I don't want to spend the whole show on this getting the feeling. We probably will, but it to me if you can get that charcoal. And like Joe on Memorial Day, he just moved into a new apartment. He has a summer job in DC at law firm, and they moved into this new apartment and the gas girls weren't working, and I said, this is the greatest day of your life because now you get to do what we grew up doing. And you get the charcoal out, and you get the big old can of fluid and you get that charcoal cooking, and watch out because of fire. I'll come back right up the fluid and blow up the can. But just cook that burger over the charcoal and get it really really just just really well done seared on the outside. And then you get that cheese melting over the side of it, and you toast up the bun. No no butter or garlic or anything in that bun. You just toast up the bun and you have a real caveman burger. All right, that sounds great, So best burger in Colorado someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven, seven through nine. And this is where you can really chip in and do something great for your fellow man and woman if you can turn them onto a truly great burger.
Speaker 7: And Kelly, what say you, I do like cherry cricket, but I will tell you that there is a burger at a steakhouse called Perry's down in the Tech.
Speaker 1: Center that is really good. And I Kelly, oh, thank you for raising that, because I don't know that we can call anything a burger over a certain price, right then you're just getting like a ground up steak.
Speaker 7: And I will tell you that's exactly what they do. They take a play and a rabbi and they basically make their own.
Speaker 2: That's a burger.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I love the place, and I have no doubt it's great. I'm just I'm talking about real burger. So it has to be under what price to be a real burger?
Speaker 6: I don't know these days. Under twenty five.
Speaker 1: Twenty five's sick, man, I know it.
Speaker 2: I think to be a real burger, it's got to be under.
Speaker 6: fIF I think Cherry Cricket is more than that for some of them. For some of them, well then I'm wrong. I think it's round fifteen though.
Speaker 5: For and I'm probably really the basic burger at Cherry Cricket, I think you can get for about ten bucks, I think. But the more kind of churched up the ones they entered, the contests and stuff, I think those run about fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, or so okay, yeah, so let's say under twenty, under twenty. But anyway, we'll take those texts, will take those calls. Yeah boy, the yeah text flown in right now. Please do try to shorten them up, folks. I'll get as many as I can. On air, Dan, I blame Trump for not getting a consecutive second term, says this Texter, and then goes on to say, if you could have been a little more humble, I think it would have been a hold different ball game. This is an interesting topic that came up at the end of the show yesterday because the President was talking about this, how you know he's kind of glad he's doing a second term now because he gets the two fifty anniversary of the US and I was saying, yeah, I'm really happy we have him now. But man, if he'd gotten that consecutive term, think about it, we don't have have the raping and pillaging of Ukraine. You know, we don't have all those people slaughtered, we don't have October seven. If President Trump gets that consecutive term, we don't have October seven. A consecutive term, there would have been so much success because think about it, other than COVID he had virtually uninterrupted success. There would have been so much success that you probably then get a Republican successor in the White House and we avoid all the carnage and uman economic et cetera under Biden. So as much as I love having him now, I think the world be such a better place if he had had consecutive terms.
Speaker 2: But love your thoughts on that.
Speaker 1: Also have a lot of sound to get through. We have some fresh James Commy sound. Has he been prosecuted yet? Call me no, but I think he got a little sick this killed Trump thing, this six forty seven. Yeah, okay, he's played in ignorance.
Speaker 2: Dan maybe his best defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's but as I predicted before we can talk about this some more with the fresh Komi sound, there is no doubt in my mind that he meant to encourage the assassination of Donald Trump, but also no doubt in my mind that he cannot be successfully prosecuted for it. Could he be ethically charged, probably, and depending upon what they find in other evidence, electronic evidence, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that he could.
Speaker 1: Eventually be convicted because there is so much protection for quote political speech and then he gets up there and lies and says, oh, I have no idea, A meout this. I meant that, And they show a million examples of people using that term just to say, you know, we don't like Trump's policies, but you know, on the basic moral level, there is no doubt in my mind. Literally, God forgive me if I'm wrong, but truly there's no doubt in my mind he meant to encourage the assassination of Donald Trump. Three or three someone three eight two five five texts DA and five seven.
Speaker 2: Seven three nine you're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast had a history of.
Speaker 8: It, I mean of openly mocking him, mocking his wife, Satan media, and they're doing this again in a way again, as Richard said, seems openly provocative, hoping that he'll do with Ukraine what Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Did with Afghanistan and just wash his hands of it.
Speaker 6: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Wow, Scarborough, can't I won't even say be that dummy. He's not dumb. He's an intelligent guy. Obviously, he has a lot of goofy ideas and terrible ideas and he says untrue things often, but he's not a dumb person. What would cause any thinking, any rational person to believe that Donald Trump's going to let Vlanheimer Putin win? Now, I'm happy to say that, because Putin is satan on earth and Putin should not be allowed to win. No American's on the ground, no opened and a financial commitment. But who in the right mind one in Donald Trump's past would suggest to any thinking person that he would allow Putin to win. Here would suggest to anybody, including Joe Scarborough, that Trump is going to act like Biden. It's insane, It's insane, and so no. I think that Putin is going to pay a very big price, a very big price for doing what he did to Trump. And I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: That is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five takes d a N five seven seven three nine, And we may never know, We may never know Trump Trump's fingerprints may not be on it. But Putin's going to pay a very big price for that. And I think that it will bring a piece deal sooner, and a deal that will be better for Ukraine than the deal might have been two months ago. All right, love your thoughts on that. Let's go to the phone lines. They are smoking, which is appropriate because you have this life and death stuff that he is hot, but also it's a national Hamburger Day and that's what most of us care about deeply. Jeff and Peblo, you're on the Dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 4: Welcome Heyd. As far as burgers go, the skirted halfer in Colorado Springs has got.
Speaker 2: To be the best skirted halfer. Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they melt the cheese and if you get it skirted, it's melted, it comes down. It's fried cheese around the edges of him.
Speaker 6: Wonderful.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know.
Speaker 4: As far as Trump with his consecutive terms, I wish you would have had consecutive, but I thank him having the split the deep state and the evil list that they showed their hand held have never seen with the immigration and all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good point there, man.
Speaker 1: He's going to be a much better president in this second term than he would have been in consecutive terms, right because he had four years to think about it, et cetera. But at the same time, he was on a role in the first term minus COVID and the world. We wouldn't have had Afghanistan withdrawal the way it was done. We wouldn't have had the raping and toade of Ukraine. We wouldn't have had October seven. So I'd still if I had the magic wand I would have wanted consecutive terms. And then he would have been followed by a Republican. Let's go up to beautiful Wyoming talk to Rob. You're on the Dan Kaplis, sh'll welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, Happy Hamburger Days.
Speaker 2: Oh I've got no b for that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sorry, that was cheaping.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah it was girl, Mum.
Speaker 3: I wanted to know what you think it will take to get the senselessness on the roadways and the apparently people having the liberty to break into cars when they want and all that nonsense. People driving one ten, one hundred and thirty down ie twenty five to stop, than what might happen?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Robin, and thank you for zeroing in on one of the big big issues of our lifetime that's not getting nearly enough attention, right and so what there's no silver bullet fix. But you and I both know I can tell from the way you ask the question.
Speaker 2: We both know that there is a fix.
Speaker 1: There is something we can do that will make this infinitely better and in twenty seconds or less, and then I could go into pages on this. What it's going to take, as I think you already know, Rob, is it is going to take much tougher laws that put reckless drivers in jail, that have them lose their license for a long long time, that make more driving offenses and actual felony. It's going to take that, and then it's going to take enforcement. And I think you know this also, Rob, you think about how grossly underfunded and undersupported law enforcement is.
Speaker 2: At every level.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to take special roadway enforcement and it's going to take a lot of support for that, because once these yahoo's often drugged up off and drunk of whatever. But but once they know that there's a real chance they're going to be caught, you're going to cut that stuff more than in half on day one, right, and it's going to take more severe financial penalties. This state, across party lines, needs to stand up and say, listen, our priority is innocent human life and we are not going to let these sobs take our wives, our daughters, our sons. But we're not going to let them do it anymore and declare war on these reckless drivers.
Speaker 3: How would we get there?
Speaker 1: Dan, Oh, it's the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: It's the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: All you need are the kind of tougher laws I just talked about, and the will of the elected officials to fund the effort. And if you're going to spend money on anything, why wouldn't it be this.
Speaker 3: Well that that would definitely be my thought on it. But I'm thinking, when are we going to see it?
Speaker 1: Hey, you may never see it, but you should. And I think if somebody crystallized this for the people of this state, it would happen, because in terms of that impact us every day right in real life, how.
Speaker 6: Many things impact us more?
Speaker 1: Virtually everybody drives virtually, even if they never get hit, and I hope they don't, they get subjected to all of this anxiety and danger and stress, and and everybody, every single person listening who as a child, they're constantly, constantly worried about their child's safety on the roadway, et cetera. So if somebody could just put together the plan, give the people a way to vote on it, or otherwise support it. You saw the Dems, right, Rob, You saw the Dems kill this bill in the last session that just would have toughened some reckless driving penalties. But the Dems wouldn't that because they're so pro criminal. So maybe you gotta take yeah, oh okay, yeah, so I'm glad you hit.
Speaker 3: On that man behind it. What a referendum of any kind of work.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it's going to take.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to take a ballot measure as long as the Dems are in charge in this state. I'm not talking about like the Democrat I sleep with allegedly now unaffiliated, though I haven't asked her that, but but the people who control the Legislatu're right, they're not going to pass anything like that because they're so pro criminal.
Speaker 2: So it's going to have to be a ballot measure.
Speaker 3: Right. So, despite the fact that you know, it's a pretty blue, not generally in favor of law enforcement state, some of the people are many of the people could theoretically be behind one of the referenda like that, and so maybe that would be all it would take to change that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, you know, Rob, people care so much more about their children than they care about their political party, and so yeah, yeah, I really think. But you know the drill with these ballot measures, right, you have to have enormous money first to get it on and then in order to win the battle out there. Though, it would be very interesting to see. You'd probably need about two of these, maybe three package together just to address single subject. But it'd be interesting to see where the opposition money would come from on a ballot package like this. Just Colorado standing up and you want to talk what a brilliant call, Rob. You want to talk about a great all the other benefits, right, starting with the most precious innocent human life and protecting it across party lines. Then you talk about the other benefits you want to attract. You want to keep jobs because Colorado right now is becoming the haven for what bud tender jobs? Do you want to attract really good jobs? Yeah, the CEOs and other people making these decisions. Move your family here. It'll be the safest state in the country on the roadways.
Speaker 2: We're not that now.
Speaker 6: You're on the Dan Caplish, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Waiting to shake hands with our respective husbands, you know, people like reaching over our heads and spilling water on us trying to get to these two, you know, illustrious men, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh, And she didn't. She didn't.
Speaker 10: She had the same look on her face as I did, like here.
Speaker 3: We go, you know.
Speaker 10: And I looked over at at this beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: We had Did we even have a conversation? Not until later in the end after that was we hadn't met. We hadn't met.
Speaker 10: But I just saw a look on her face which which expressed the sentiments that I felt, which was pissed off.
Speaker 1: Has to be so hard right to be married to somebody popular. Fortunately my wife does not have that challenge in her life. But yeah, wow, yeah, what do you say about that?
Speaker 2: Other than.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was wise not to run for president. We'll get to the phone lines in a second day. And I have lived from the east coast to the west coast in.
Speaker 2: My fifty five years.
Speaker 1: Colorado has the rudest drivers, all in caps. I got to tell you, that's way too polite a term. And because what's happened in this state, and I've been blessed to be or many decades, what's what's happened in this state is is the left has undermined law enforcement, and as the left has become pro criminal, our roadways have turned into a killing field. And I also know that because that's what I do for a living. Right. I was in trial two weeks ago, three weeks ago, I was in trial last week. I'll be in trial next week. The week after that, I'll be in trial in a horrific death case. Yeah, it's become a killing field, and it's insane because no civilized society, you would think, would allow that. I mean the highways, that's like our circulatory system that we've allowed it to become infected. Right in, any yahoo who can get out there in a two hundred dollars car decides to drive two hundred miles an hour, or it could be somebody in a Rolls Royce who's had too much to drink or they're eating some medicals. I mean, why in the world do we allow ourselves to be preyed upon this way? You would think just basic self protection and protection of our loved ones. Who would say, you know what the starting point in this state is going to be. You know, anybody who would wrongfully harm our family, We're going to let them know this is the last state in the world they want to set foot in. Shouldn't that be the starting point for Colorado? And yet it's the opposite when you look at how laughably weak our laws are regarding traffic offenses. And don't blame the judges, don't blame the das except one notable exception we talked about recently out in a rapo. But the law is so weak when it comes to punishing even people who kill on our roadways. Yeah, now this be a major priority for the state. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. Why do you think Colorado tolerates that?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, this is an acceptable casualty rate.
Speaker 2: Why why?
Speaker 6: I can't come up with a reason why.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of those issues where there's a tremendous lack of leadership out there and where the people would rally, the people would respond obviously, right, just self preservation. And I don't think it's a case where you have a whole lot of people thinking, Man, I don't want to toughen those laws up because it could be me or it could be my kid. No, not the kind of stuff we're talking about, though, you're never gonna really get a grip on this until you include texting while driving, right, because that is literally driving blindfolded.
Speaker 2: That's how I explain it.
Speaker 1: To jury's and juries always agree that is driving blindfolding, and the penalties have to be much much much more severe than that for that in every way. Hey, we're also talking about to date, this tremendous lawsuit that was filed by XXXY Athletics. Remember we've had the owner on the show. They're doing great work standing up for women and women's sports, and they have a clothing line, et cetera. So they have quite properly sued the state of Colorado over this house built thirteen twelve, which is now law in Colorado, saying that it infringes their free speech, which is like the understatement of a lifetime right. I guess all of a sudden, you're in violation of the law if you speak the truth. But that's the common denominator with the left right. They know that they can't win an honest argument or debate. They can't win at a logic facts, morality, so they have to criminalize the truth if it's a truth. They don't like, and that's what they're doing with thirteen twelve? Is this still our friend Rob from Wyoming? We don't normally go back, but maybe he just left the line open. We might hear something interesting. Rob, you're still there.
Speaker 3: I'm actually still here. Oh good, I wasn't time to stay on, but uh, it's just so compelling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely maybe my new after shape. What what what is your favorite after dape?
Speaker 1: Because any time i'd buy like any kind of Colonne or anything, which is once a year, it's tradition since she was for our daughter, Caroline ghosts with me and and I never have any idea what to get, but she figures something out.
Speaker 2: So what what do you wear? Rob? In Wyoming?
Speaker 3: I would be open to any suggestions. I don't really use Okay, and any kind of cologne I don't use either, but any any good dance suggestions would be I appreciate that because.
Speaker 1: She got me this new stuff in the mall the other day. I'm not even sure what it's called, but Amy likes it, so it's a ten.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Uh, what what is that fragrance that follows you around so so well?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 6: I try to, you know, wash regularly.
Speaker 2: That's you know the absence of good.
Speaker 5: But there is one that I do like and I don't like many, and it's Birdbury, London, and I do wear that on occasion.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried Paco Rabon?
Speaker 6: Well, that's you know, I know that's one of your favorites.
Speaker 2: I've always liked it overbon.
Speaker 6: But the ladies like it, that's the important part. Doesn't matter, we like it.
Speaker 1: Hard to argue with that logic, except it's singular.
Speaker 6: Now, for like the last does the lady like amyow.
Speaker 2: Thirty one years in just a few weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lady like it.
Speaker 6: No, okay, that's all the man she does not like Paco rabon? She does not.
Speaker 2: Those days ended, Yeah, those days ended. Okay, Brute gone, Paco Rabbon gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brute's not great, but she but yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's the only well, it's one of the big reasons that I'm blessed to be married to my wife, is brute? I ever tell you this story, Rob, Probably not since we've never met, but but long before I met Amy, there's this wonderful, wonderful young lady and had a great relationship and took me to me your parents. But my my sweater smelled so my friend in the Evans Scholar house gave me a can of spray on brute and said, just great.
Speaker 2: They threw me out of the house.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what their pretext was, but they somehow got me out of the house within about ten minutes and I was saved to eventually meet and marry my wife.
Speaker 3: What was that the reason?
Speaker 9: Or well, that's a.
Speaker 3: Time. It's a great, great thing to have happened. Because no, whenever I listened to you, Dan, I'm always struck by you know. It seems like what a special relationship you have with her. You can just you can hear it in your voice. You just come away by thinking that you've got something special there.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Well, thank you for saying that, Robin, and thank you for your call my friend. This is going to be really hinky and I probably shouldn't say it, and I'm going to get relentlessly mocked for having said it, probably starting with my wife. So I won't say it. Three or three someone three eight two fine, and not do that to the audience. Dan, I'm not going to have an audience if I say it.
Speaker 6: That was a really nice thing, a really nice even Rob.
Speaker 1: And because Rob was so nice and heartfelt. I'm gonna I'm just gonna tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: And this is true. I remember it like it was thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 1: I was probably like thirty four years old, thirty five years old, and you know, I'm thinking at that point, I'm never going to meet miss right.
Speaker 2: And you know, life's great.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've got this great lock career, got my dog, got this great house in Boulder and a golf course. Everything's clicking. But you know, you just you're never gonna get fulfillment that way, right, And I just I remember actually in my evening prayers one day, just saying, hey, God, you know, give me all this stuff, but just send me the right woman. And I remember these words, Ryan, I remember these words. See you can hear radios turning off all over the city. Is that a barf bag you have? But I remember, truly, I remember like it was five seconds ago, seeing these exact words. Got a promise, send me the right woman, and I won't screw it up.
Speaker 6: That's a bad promise, you mayah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I met her not long after that, and I don't know, I think I kept the promise.
Speaker 1: I think, God, yeah, yeah, No, there's no doubt about that, but I think I actually kept mine. Well done, sir, Yeah, thank you three oh three someone three two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Hey, when we come back, I want to give you a quick spin through this really great, important lawsuit file today by Alliance Defending Freedom against the State of Colorado on behalf of a great company x x X Y Athletics woman owned, standing up for women in sports, and it's to try to strike down thirteen twelve. You're on the Dancaples Shill.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kapless Show podcast.
Speaker 1: There has to be some kind of competition, some way that you can use this kind of supernatural skill, right, because you're able to pull out of your head for any point you want to make a song, and a good one. I mean I can count the number of really awful songs you have played on two hands and two feet. And we've been together how long?
Speaker 6: Almost seven years?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See, not that is is a tremendous skill.
Speaker 5: Well, I certainly hear about it when it goes south, but luckily, like you said, it's infrequent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a home run there.
Speaker 2: Right, that really was? That was really really good.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. If anybody ever did ask for my advice, like anybody younger than me, they're a handful out there and nobody ever will. But the advice I would give them is, if you get one thing right, make it who you marry. Well, probably first you know your faith, but then make it about who you marry. And listen to some of you. That's not always possible, right because you know, you think you're marrying somebody. But if you get one thing right, make it who you married.
Speaker 5: And what other decision in your entire life is more important than that one? Oh, my Lord, just shapes everything, right, it does.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine, because I've said the same thing about having great parents. I can't imagine the kids who didn't and what life must have been like for them. But I also can't imagine being married to the wrong person. I mean, it would be like torture, wouldn't it happen? I mean, and listen, I'm not trying to say we haven't had our disagreements over the years. We don't even talk politics, and we've had our you know, like every marriage, we have our share of the stuff into this and the that. But but it's been a tremendous almost thirty one years now, so I cannot even imagine being married to the wrong person.
Speaker 2: So let's say Ryan. Let's say Ryan.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, Okay, then what's the key to making sure you marry the right person?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, Well we'll open that one up.
Speaker 1: Text d A N five seven seven three nine three or three seveone three eight two five five the number. I think the starting point is don't marry the wrong person. That's the starting point, because I truly I was thinking actively. I can't look in the eye and say what happened for sure, but I think I was thinking actively of going back to the seminary. You know, if I didn't, I figure, in you know, mid thirties, if you haven't met the right person yet, maybe it's not meant to be.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should head back to the seminary.
Speaker 1: After all, I was heading to the seminary until I got the Evans scholarship, that Golf Caddy scholarships, and I thought, Okay, I'm supposed to get out in the world and experience all those things and then go back to the seminary.
Speaker 2: I got out in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, experienced all those sakes and then just figured I was meant for a different path. But by then you get mid thirty and you haven't. You've met some great women, believe me, I was so privileged to know and date some really outstanding people, but not you know, the marriage thing wasn't going to happen, and so yeah, you start to think maybe I'm supposed to go back to the seminary. But but yeah, I think step one is don't marry the wrong person, because don't you think a lot of people, and you've resisted this so admirably, don't you think a lot of people just at a certain point end up saying I'm x age, I got to marry somebody.
Speaker 5: Well, it's the name of a movie, Jack Nicholson. You might remember this as good as it gets? Is this as good as it gets?
Speaker 9: Oh? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but I mean, do you ask yourself that question? At some point?
Speaker 5: Of course you do, and Dan, I would have been a noble path to go to the seminary and commit your life to that. But there were a couple inflection points, right, It's this butterfly effect that things had to happen at the right time for the right reason, and they did for you.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and I think listen, everybody listening, I think is always just asking themselves the same question, you know, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: You know, well, what am I meant to do?
Speaker 1: And I think most people spend their lives just sincerely true to figure that out. And for me, I really did feel like, no, I was supposed to be on a different road. And you know, I'm sure many people listening feel the same way. When I look at our kids, I just say, yeah, that's what I was meant to do, because it's hard to imagine the world without them, right, So you just think, okay, yeah, that's clearly what I was meant to do, and then have a great time in the meantime with a wonderful woman. For I can't believe it's almost thirty one years.
Speaker 6: That's wild. It's good that it doesn't feel like yeah long, you know, man.
Speaker 1: The first year felt so long, and I can't imagine how long it felt for her, because I'd been single till I was thirty five. And I'm not talking about long in terms of oh, I want to be back out there dating. That's the last thing I wanted to be but I was used to thirty five years. I had one plate, one knife, one fork, a dog, a big screen TV. I had work, and I played golf, and then you know, you get married.
Speaker 2: It's a different deal.
Speaker 9: But but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that other thirty of the thirty one of just loan. Let's go to Clyde in Ovada. You're on the Dan capitalist.
Speaker 9: You're welcome, Hi Dan. Yeah, this is Clyde. My wife's name is Bonnie.
Speaker 2: And uh, all right Clyde.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, I just turned on.
Speaker 9: The radio a little bit ago. I was kind of napping today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good thing to do. And this is a place to wake up.
Speaker 9: Hey, I went up to Wyoming the other day. I get a few fireworks. My mother in law passed away the other day.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Clyde.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I stopped at this Why the fire work huh?
Speaker 2: Why the fireworks?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: My friend wanted to get some fireworks and stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought you were tying it to the mother in law. But but please go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah, Well, anyways, I went up to Wyoming, my wife and I and Kim we went up there in a freak job. Can we stopped at this place and I'm trying to think of the name of this place. I twenty five way up there by Wickens or somewhere up in there called it's a big place.
Speaker 1: And Clyde, forgive me, Oh, I think I know what you're doing. Is this a call on the best burger in the state.
Speaker 9: No, No, it's up by Johnson's Corners.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful place, Clyde. I am so sorry that the music is forcing us into a break here. We've got to get rid of this music. We've got to get rid of these breaks. And when I come back to the text, they're blowing up over one of the most important topics we could ever talk about for.
Speaker 2: You, and that is the carnage on our roadways.
Speaker 1: How this state got so out of control, what we need to do to fix it, And our listeners have good ideas.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.