Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That was really exciting last night.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it.
Speaker 2: You got to cover first? What the hell was that guy thinking?
Speaker 3: Did you catch the ball in center field air?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was awful and a little league stuff?
Speaker 5: How long was that throw to third base? Now, granted he was moving, it's not an easy throw. It's a high pressure I mean, you got a fast runner. But he spiked the ball twenty thirty feet maybe, and he's.
Speaker 3: The one two pitch from Bueller.
Speaker 4: Scot up Flings.
Speaker 6: Serious, the ery Flers World Series.
Speaker 5: Champion eighth World Series Championship for the for the La Dodgers.
Speaker 1: The poetry that existed with Alex Verdugo being the final out when in twenty twenty he said it didn't count.
Speaker 3: He's running his mouth the last couple.
Speaker 2: Weeks, his mouth, screw you.
Speaker 3: I didn't think the Dodgers were gonna come back.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be completely honest with you, guys, down five to nothing the way Garrett Cole was pitching, and the door opened with that line drive to Aaron Judge and then the door opened wider and wider. But it took a couple of hits Freddy Freeman and then the double from ta Oscar Hernandez to bust open that door and to tie the game. And after that, you know, it's four innings of who can score first and hang on and win. And the Yankees couldn't do it again, right, six five lead, couldn't do it two more runs? How about Blake trying in the reliever? I know there in the eighth inen they needed him to get through that eighth inning because they had nobody else.
Speaker 1: To know it. And I was texting you, and I was like, they got to get rid of them, they got to get rid of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I brought it up, because I had certain people texting me saying, what the heck are they doing leaving?
Speaker 2: I deleted that text?
Speaker 3: Did you do it? I still have it? I got saved. Yeah, it's my screen saver. Right now. We're all off season long.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, you said the Dodger season was over when they were playing the Mets.
Speaker 3: You said after that Game five, it didn't look good. You know, so we've talked about this before.
Speaker 5: You you protect yourself you build up these walls and you say it's never gonna have My.
Speaker 1: Husband said, turn it off. Last night they went down five. He said, just turn off, put it whatever you want on and I'm like, no, we're watching the game.
Speaker 7: How about Walker Bueller telling Dave Roberts he was going to go out to the bullpen? That is oral Herscheizer esque. Oh he nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: All I saw was Vessy's tweet that he had left the bull the dugout to go to the bullpenny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I was going on. I had a feeling it was going to happen. And my husband's like, no, they need him, and I was like, no, no, they're going to win this.
Speaker 3: They have to.
Speaker 2: They're playing to win this game.
Speaker 7: They waited until they got the lead, and then they knew they needed three outs at the end, and that's why he got the If it was tied or they were still losing, there's no way he pitched leading for games.
Speaker 3: And I said this earlier.
Speaker 5: I love the I love this trend of starting pitchers, ace pitchers coming back to close out the you know, the deciding game of loyal series, whether it's Walker Bueller or Madison Bumgardner.
Speaker 3: I mean Lorius did it in twenty twenty. Yeah, Julio Rias on it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just it's really going back to Randy Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And I was I was saying making the argument because he was my husband was saying, he's not right, he's gassed. He just pitched, he's got and I'm like, these guys used to do this all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you talking about.
Speaker 7: It was a scheduled bullpen day for him, and he didn't throw before the game, so he had twenty to forty pitches in him ready to go, which would be a normal bullpen session for him at full strength, will go, and he saved it for the end of the game. Clayton Kershaw's got some great quotes out there talking about the cajones that Walker Buehler has and that he told him as he was walking out, like I'm going to the bullpen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like, dude, you're a study.
Speaker 7: You're a stud for going out there, and he had his cleats in his hand he walked out there, and he was.
Speaker 1: So lights out for those five innings, I mean, incredible, and I love seeing him emerge from the plane with the trophy.
Speaker 3: Today awesome.
Speaker 7: We had David vass Our, Dodger insider, who they had two planes coming back. They took four out two back from New York and the first plane that all local news is showing the United airplane. That's all traveling party, family, all that, and the players were on the New England Patriots right team plane right, And I text vast Day. He texted me. He goes, we're about to land. I said, no, you guys already land. He goes, no, I'm on the Patriots plane. He's with the team heading back, and he said it was the awesomest experience. He joined us on the air with me and Steve Sacks, and he was at the bottom of the stairs as the players are coming down and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, here comes Walker Bueller. He's got the trophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really cool, the Patriots playing. I just I'm like, why are they on the Patriots plane? But a little bit of poetry there too, with the New England giving the middle finger to the New York.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess you can call it poetic. I don't know if there's a relationship with the Guggenheim Group and Robert Kraft, but they used it to fly out and to fly back, and it's it's geared towards having athletes on there, a little bit more room in bekinny.
Speaker 3: Aisles and stuff.
Speaker 5: There was a there was a fun moment that was on the Fox broadcast on television as they're doing, you know, post game, everybody's on the field celebrating, and I see Vassay in there and he's kind of looking around figuring out who he's going.
Speaker 3: To interview next.
Speaker 5: And Max Munsey comes up from behind him and gives him a big old hug and spins him around and they hug again and then they do an interview.
Speaker 7: You can see it in the background. It's pretty fun. He's got a great relationship with the players. That's why they have him on the team plane coming back. They respect him, He respects them and their privacy. There's a give and take between the two of them. And you know, he's he gets more information than any other insider out there and has been doing it for so long that he's got the respect of the organization all who he is.
Speaker 1: Like, he's one of those people and we all have these people in our lives. We feel like we can tell them anything, right, they're not going to judge us or anything like that. He's he's always been like that. So tomorrow, I mean, he could be a monster. I don't know him that well, but that's how he comes off.
Speaker 5: He got some big skelets, he's got dirty sts. Tomorrow's a big celebration of course, downtown in LA In terms of the essentials, we need to know that. The parade starts at eleven o'clock. Eleven o'clock at City Hall. Right down at City they move Spring Street, First Street, Grand Fifth, they're actually gonna do from there, they're gonna bust over to Dodger Stadium and it's a separate event.
Speaker 3: But at twelve fifteen they're doing an in stadium thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a ticket celebration at Dodgers Stadium for one, I understood. I just got about three text messages that the tickets go on sale at twelve o'clock today parking as well. So if you want to be part of the fifty two thousand, they're gonna be inside Dodger Stadium. And they're telling people if you're gonna go and you're lucky enough to get tickets to the celebration in the stadium. Stay there. You can't do the parade and do Dodger Stadium. It's one or the other. But I think it'd be cool to be on the parade route and to see the Dodger players come by and to experience that, because we haven't had this since nineteen eighty eight. Yeah, and Sacks was talking about when they did it, they were on floats and the fans were like twenty feet away from them, and it was very back and forth. But it'll be double decker buses tomorrow for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: What's the deal with John Smoltz not shutting up?
Speaker 3: You know, I have a love hate relationship with John Smoltz.
Speaker 7: I love them as a player, but I really don't like them as a.
Speaker 3: Dog too much.
Speaker 5: I've never it never rose to the level of annoyance. I mean I heard him a lot, but it never bothered me. You're a Giants fan, that's why, right.
Speaker 7: But if the Giants ran the World Series and he's saying things like you was, oh, what bothered me?
Speaker 2: Come totally to go.
Speaker 3: Game four.
Speaker 7: Will Smith is an oppositeway home run and it goes three rows deep into the right field, you know field, Oh, at any other park that's not a home you know, only if this park is just a home run, they put the whole graphic. Well, I'm sorry, Clabor Torres had a three run home run in the eighth inning and it barely.
Speaker 3: Got over the wall and right field, but there's no mention to that.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like Joe Buck Niners game.
Speaker 3: You got to be mad at somebody.
Speaker 5: I didn't have a dog in the fight, so I didn't care enough to probably hear ghost things.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 7: A lot of people got mad at Joe Davis early in the playoffs because of the way he he calls Dodger games. He's a homer for the Dodgers, and he kind of went towards the middle, and he did a great job, you know, not being favorites on either side.
Speaker 3: I thought he did great.
Speaker 1: I also got broken up with by a guy in nineteen ninety five when won the World Series, Johnson Moltz, and he was a diehard Braves fan.
Speaker 2: So I hate, I hate. I've always hated the Braves. Are you rational?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Rational?
Speaker 3: That sounds pretty smart.
Speaker 7: It makes a lot of sense coverage because that guy All day today on AM five to seventy l A Sports, and then of course coverage for the parade in the ceremony tomorrow at Dodger Stadium, also on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: I heard it.
Speaker 7: Remember you're gonna be on Grand and walking along Yeah the buses.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, Gary, you'll be on Flower and fifth. I will be on Flower and fourth. Okay, I'll be doing my distance a distance. Why aren't they going to send Giants coverage?
Speaker 1: Because I mean, in the song I Love La, Sixth Street is a major part of that song.
Speaker 3: I think that's something lately you should be Well.
Speaker 2: They're going to fifth. Have you been to fifth lately?
Speaker 3: What about fourth? Is it any better over there?
Speaker 2: Fourth is better?
Speaker 3: Okay? Fourth is better? Yeah?
Speaker 2: First, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth. You start getting a little skid row week.
Speaker 3: Congratulations? Are you doing the show tomorrow morning too? No scam tomorrow. We are done. We signed off. This morning was very hereful.
Speaker 2: I'm going to miss hearing you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hate Dan Patrick right now.
Speaker 7: And we started October fourth, and every year, you don't know how long it's to get a go.
Speaker 3: We went till Halloween.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I was telling Gary, I picked up my book last night and I haven't touched it since the playoffs began.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't even know who these characters are.
Speaker 3: Hamilton read Hamilton's start Over.
Speaker 2: No, I'm reading a book about an octopus.
Speaker 3: And she forgot the character character. Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: It's a really good book. You guys should read it.
Speaker 3: It's a nonfiction book.
Speaker 1: It's called Remarkable Creatures. I think it sounds like you're really taking a dive into this book. It's it's about a woman who works in a nearium. Start Over. I think you should just start over. Remarkably Bright Creatures is what it's called.
Speaker 3: One hundred and three days until pictures and catchers report and.
Speaker 1: Ways, and she develops a relationship with the octopus.
Speaker 2: You know how smart they are.
Speaker 7: Hey, Gary, are you guys going to participate in the nl West next year up in San Francisco?
Speaker 3: Is this going to be like another year?
Speaker 5: We're petitioning to actually play in Sacramento with the River Cats and the A's very cool so that we stay out of the limelight.
Speaker 3: Very cool. Well, you guys feel the major league roster next year? Wow? Likely? Okay?
Speaker 5: Checking probably three or four people that would qualify, but not not a whole lot.
Speaker 7: What are the odds Buster Posy lands anybody in free agency after his comments a year ago where he said the city is so bad we don't want we can't get free agents here.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to sign here because of the city.
Speaker 2: The forty nine ers are getting shot in the streets.
Speaker 5: Right, Buster Posey didn't shoot that guy who wants to go to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Watching these morning shows, all of.
Speaker 2: These adults dressed up is unnerving.
Speaker 5: Uh Hoda and Jenna are dressed up as Jack and Rose Rose from Titanic.
Speaker 2: Timely, that's a stretch, Timely.
Speaker 3: That is quite quite a stretch.
Speaker 5: There's an article in the Times today that I thought I'd never see written, at least not anytime soon, and the the headline is too many Democrats the downsides of political dominance in California. For the last twelve years or so, Democrats have had a two third supermajority in our state legislature, which means they could pass any bill they want without the need for a single Republican vote in the state of California. I've never ever advocated for a one party system in any state legislature.
Speaker 3: Or in Congress.
Speaker 5: I think it's ridiculous and it worries me when you've got two Houses of Congress, for those two houses of legislature, for those states that do that, to be dominated by one party in california's probably the best slash worst example of it. But even Democrats now are starting to see that that's not healthy for the state of California and for people who claim to belong to the Republican Party, they know that they feel unreppered.
Speaker 3: You mentioned this in the first hour.
Speaker 5: We're talking specifically about the presidential election and how people in great parts of this country don't feel represented by either one of these candidates. In the state of California, how do you feel like you're represented in the state legislature. You're You're not one hundred and twenty members in our state legislature. You got forty in the Senate, you got eighty in the Assembly. Democrats hold ninety three of those seats out of one hundred and twenty ninety three, So there is some concern among Democrats that they're going to lose significant numbers of those when.
Speaker 3: We go to vote on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: But I don't know what they consider a significant number, and it's hard to figure out exactly what it would take to bring some amount of equilibrium. One of the problems that they point out in this article is that when you've got that many Democrats ninety three out of one hundred and twenty, when you've got that many divisions start to show up within the party, you've got to count on your governor, who also happened to be a Democrat.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you've got.
Speaker 5: To count on the governor to then wrangle the differences within the Democratic Party. And there is something to be said about the Republicans who can kind of sit back the twenty seven of them and go, hey, you guys want to eat your own young go for it. You guys would to turn on each other, go for it. It's only a benefit to Republicans.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all a competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The other thing is that you start to see otherwise regular Democratic donors or groups of voters think union members, who then pit Democrats against each other and in some cases go so far as to fund the campaigns of Republicans to try to teach a lesson to the Democrats that don't toe the party one.
Speaker 2: That's why it's in the LA times. It's kind of friendly fire.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, be careful here, Democrats, because too many of you could hurt you.
Speaker 3: Right, that's a good point, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Bigfoot Elsh Cryptids.
Speaker 3: No, that was That's a good word.
Speaker 1: By the way, cryptis, Isn't it a great word. There's going to be a cryptid planet in space wars. Okay, planet of the Cryptids is what it's gonna be called. Please tell me that's just a placeholder name. You're not going to actually call it Planet of the Cryptids. Should there be a name?
Speaker 5: Shouldn't be like L Gaunt l Planet of the cryptis el Gaunt L Gaunt. Also, your creepy stories, short ones, you got to be thirty seconds or less.
Speaker 3: Send it to us on our talkback feature.
Speaker 1: You are really talented when it comes to space war stuff.
Speaker 3: Nonsense.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you're completely This is a foreign thing for you that you don't understand space wars. You don't understand the concept. It's my baby, my creative genius that came up with this. But you do a really good job figuring out things, interplanetary things. I wonder where that comes from.
Speaker 5: A good imagination. A lot of time alone, no friends, Legos.
Speaker 1: El Gone, El Gaunt, El Gaunt just a horror show in Spain where crews are searching for bodies and stranded cars and buildings as residents salvaged what they could from their ruined homes that were monstrous. Flash floods in Spain claimed at least one hundred and fifty eight lives one hundred and fifty five in just the eastern Valencia area alone.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that story from a couple of days ago out of Montana, the bear where, Yeah, they thought that a guy had been killed by a bear. Then they bring in somebody from the Montana State Fish and Wildlife and they say, this ain't no bear homicide. The Gallatin County Sheriff's office has announced they've identified a suspect in connection to the death of Dustin Surisom.
Speaker 3: He was discovered with what they described as chop.
Speaker 5: Wounds to his body and his skull oh back on October twelfth. The Sheriff's department says this unidentified suspect led police to evidence in the case and is currently in custody on unrelated charges, but that he's been cooperating with detectives. Interesting now, remember it was a friend who called that this guy had not shown up when he said he was going to. So the friend went to the campsite, found him in the tent, chopped or what he thought was mulled by the bear. They haven't said yet if that's the guy who's the suspect, Oh my goodness, yeah, because they have not identified, like I said, and he whoever the suspect is, is somebody who led them to evidence in the case.
Speaker 3: That's all they've said.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was a love story? Maybe just say yes?
Speaker 5: What and so this song Thursday night football tonight he was Texans against the It's a.
Speaker 1: Love Story New York like her first hit, Okay Anger. The Lakeny Sheriff Robert Luna says that they're going to have enhanced policing on all of the buses and trains tomorrow to make sure people don't get all stabby. Karen Bass is urging people in downtown LA to institute a work from home policy tomorrow. The mayor of the city is telling businesses don't open, don't come to work tomorrow. What the mayor of a major city is telling people don't be productive?
Speaker 5: Sure, there's so it's odd well and we're Tonight is Halloween, so people are already going to be a little bit crazy tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, people are going to people are going to be drunk, still drunk probably tomorrow for this parade could get pretty ugly or festive, who knows.
Speaker 5: Great if somebody wore a Yankees uniform number ninety nine with the ball outside the glove.
Speaker 2: That's a good costume.
Speaker 3: That would be a great costume. What is a cryptid?
Speaker 5: Cryptid is an animal that is believed to exist but never proven to exist, like sasquatch, Yes, or maybe NeSSI Locke ness monster Tok.
Speaker 1: Thompson is a USC professor of anthropology, a specialist in folklore, popular culture, and mythology.
Speaker 2: Now he would be fun at parties.
Speaker 1: He says, just about every region has its own regional folklore, their own regional legends and legendary creatures and things, and the Inland Empire is no different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've got their own sasquatch, which is interesting. He says that sightings have been made I guess you'd say in the San Bernardino Mountains, not as many recently, but residents and hikers have reported bigfoot sasquatch sightings in Big bear, arrowhead running springs, Lytle Creek Home Pass, even the former Auto Club Speedway down in Fon Tucky. Sorry Fontana sightings have occurred on and off for decades, and there are distinct patterns in deer populations dropping as the Bigfoot sightings increase.
Speaker 1: A less well known cryptid rumored to lurk in Riverside is the.
Speaker 2: Bridge Monster Bridge Monster.
Speaker 1: Bridge Monster is described as a lanky creature with claws and glowing eyes. The Bridge Monster is said to appear with scales. It was first reported by Charles Wetzel, a man who claimed to have been attacked by a reptilian creature while driving near a Riverside bridge in nineteen fifty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah this wasn't human. It had longer arm than anything I'd ever seen. Said, this guy didn't have any ears. The face was all round, eyes were shining like something fluorescent, and it had a protuberant mouth.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes when you do meth and you stay up for days, you start seeing things that look like sasquatch.
Speaker 3: I thought heroin was more of a fifties thing.
Speaker 2: It was, but I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: You could hallucinate on the drugs and the inland Empire has drugs.
Speaker 5: I've heard it does I've never purchased drugs in the Inland Empire or.
Speaker 2: Have I look something in common.
Speaker 5: Lake Elsinor has its own sort of lock nest monster instead of NeSSI, they call it els This They somebody made a sculpture that was a giant, five piece green and yellow fiberglass statue to celebrate Lake Elsinor's centennial back in nineteen eighty eight. But this legend of some sort of underwater creature in Lake Elsinor still exists. There's also green mist that wafted through the hills of Chino Hills in that area late in the sixties. They said that some of the chemical spills from the old Aerojet Rocketdyne missile testing site may have contributed to the fear that there was green mist floating through that through that area. Speaking of which, we're going to be out amongst the green mist in Chino Hills next Friday. Yes, we're going to be out at Luchador Brewing in Chino Hills for our latest news and Bruce from nine to one to help kick off their Hops in the Hills weekend celebration that they're going to be doing on Saturday. In fact, we're going to be giving away tickets to the hops in the Hills, so you get hit them both Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 2: Do you want a Halloween fun fact?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that's such a thing.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because when I was driving here this morning, I thought, I really want pizza.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh is it that.
Speaker 2: It's the busiest day of the year for pizza?
Speaker 1: No super Bowl would be I thought, well, you were wrong. Huh should we get pizza?
Speaker 5: You're saying it like we need to fulfill some sort of responsibility we.
Speaker 3: As we do are a best we have to do as.
Speaker 2: An American on Halloween.
Speaker 1: I think we need that round table pizza with the two kinds of pepperoni cheese less no doubt.
Speaker 3: You don't count.
Speaker 2: You're a Canadian. We love you, we love you.
Speaker 3: And you don't count in a pizza conversation.
Speaker 1: Cauliflower cross that's a bathroom incident.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you're backed up.
Speaker 3: No, we're not, guys.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 5: If you're backed up, that's when you need Never mind, are we doing it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. More haunted stuff. When we come back to Jacob I'm still waiting for my sandwich. Oh that's right. We never did the sandwich. They almost had a chance.
Speaker 1: Now all I can think about is the grease that pulls up inside the baby Pepperoni.
Speaker 5: Do you like the baby Pepperodi or that I like the baby Pepperid're smaller?
Speaker 3: I don't. They're both great. I think they're both great.
Speaker 2: I think it's pepperoni.
Speaker 3: It's like pizza. Right. Wait, we were talking about.
Speaker 5: Dodgers one of their eighth World Series seven to six win over the Yankees in Game five last night in New York. Freddie Freeman was named your MVP for his record breaking home run performance. So the championship parade planned for tomorrow morning downtown La, all the players, et cetera on top of double decker buses. They're going to begin at Grand Park, right across from City Hall, move on Spring Street, then First Street, then Grand Avenue, and then west on Fifth. They'll end in the area of Fifth and Flower, and then they're going to go to Dodger Stadium. There's a ticketed event that will begin at twelve fifteen, and our understanding as of right now is that tickets for the stadium event will be.
Speaker 3: Will be on sale at noon today.
Speaker 5: So if the twelve fifteen tomorrow event at Dodger Stadium, but tickets are going to go on sale at noon today, Food Merchant, all that stuff's going to be available, of course, and coverage of the whole day will begin on AM five seventy LA Sports tomorrow in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, like I said off the air to you guys, I would have been upset if I woke up this morning and somebody had not set a bus on fire, Well, I would have felt like the city didn't.
Speaker 2: Really care about the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: If a bus was not set on fire, that it would have been just it's quintessential LA fan behavior.
Speaker 2: And had nobody set a bus on.
Speaker 3: Fire, you wouldn't have thought it was real.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would have thought it was all a dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is rick And I'm just one of those dumb midwesterners who don't know anything. But I'm just curious, man, all these coastal cities such as yours, Why are you guys such dumbasses? Why do you got to destroy stuff when your team wins? I mean that is so counterpear, deductive and stupid. But hey, that's just coming from a dumb Midwesterner. So what can I say? But I do love your show and I appreciate You'll thank you.
Speaker 1: Why would you call yourself a dumb Midwesterner? Midwesterners are very smart people.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But but but again, why why do we want to burn.
Speaker 2: Stuff because it's fun?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 3: Stop my line? Mini Torch?
Speaker 2: Then torch.
Speaker 1: I decided what I'm going to set on fire, but I'm going to do it because I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: And fan means fire.
Speaker 5: We do have some early No, we do have some early horror stories. We're taking your thirty second horror stories. The talkback feature on the iHeart app is limited to just thirty seconds, so you got to be able to fit it in in thirty seconds, all right.
Speaker 6: Gary and Jennon. Yeah, the day my uncle Dale died, I went home that night and my doorbell ring and I went outside and nobody is there.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, kids are playing with the doorbell, went back in and rang again.
Speaker 6: I went outside, nobody there. And while I was outside there looking at the button, it rang a third time.
Speaker 3: I said, Uncle Dale, is that you? Is that you?
Speaker 6: I go If that's you, because he's an electrical engineer. Make that light bulb go out in a living room?
Speaker 3: And it did?
Speaker 2: And is is he dead? He's dead?
Speaker 3: Uncle Dale died.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a great story.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And by the way, under thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: That was wonderful.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do is hit that talkback feature, the little microphone on the app and leave us your wad.
Speaker 3: Do something cool horror story.
Speaker 2: Let's see if it works.
Speaker 3: Well, you got an arrow down your dad or my dad?
Speaker 1: My dad, But he's not an electrical engineer. He couldn't change a light bulb. Oh boy, Maybe an earthquake, Dad, Maybe an earthquake.
Speaker 5: Well, there was an earthquake yesterday off the coast of Oregon.
Speaker 3: Okay, does that count?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I want a fresh one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: I have two stories that might be related. One morning, as I opened my eyes, I see a vision of a young girl. She had blonde hair pulled into a ponytail, a sweater on with a poodle skirt. I didn't blink my eyes and just stared. She was holding books in one arm and holding my curtain back looking out the window. The other incident was my cat, who would sit in the middle of my closet and looking up and making gurgling sounds as if he was speaking to something. I couldn't see this one on until I moved.
Speaker 5: Ah wow, a cat making gurgling sounds.
Speaker 2: That's creepy.
Speaker 3: Somewhere the ghosts of both Sassy and Kevin, or.
Speaker 2: Sassy and Kevin are coming back to Antous.
Speaker 3: That's good read.
Speaker 9: With the Yankee fan living in Los Angeles just watching his beloved Yankees kid beat down by the Dodgers, so he decided to go out to the streets of Los Angeles to celebrate with the Dodger fans. But he was a celebrating.
Speaker 3: He bought a big quall bat and he was match your heads left and right.
Speaker 9: Right, and left Dodger fans plying everywhere until the Dodger fan captured, let him on fire, and then wrapped them in a Dodger flag and said, go Dodger, O Dodger.
Speaker 6: We're a world.
Speaker 2: Job. That was dark but creative, and I loved it.
Speaker 3: I liked that it was quick too.
Speaker 2: I like people's heads cut popping off.
Speaker 5: Well, he was smashing with baseball bats. That's why they're coming off right. Very We're a gory people.
Speaker 2: We are gory. People.
Speaker 5: Leave us your Halloween horror stories on the talkback feature in the iHeart Apple'll do it again an hour from now.
Speaker 3: We'll play some more of those.
Speaker 2: Would you like your Jeopardy question? Tales of Horror? For four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Luke is the future heir of this Shirley Jackson title place. Sadly for Luke, that title includes the Haunting of.
Speaker 3: Shirley Jackson. Oh, I'm thinking of Percy Jackson.
Speaker 8: Is not?
Speaker 3: What is Hillhouse?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, all right, excellent.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap