Speaker 1: At seven hundred w L W.
Speaker 2: Garry Jeff Tuesday Night. We've got a lot going on here, from you former US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, to Saturday Morning. On Tuesday night, some of the Saturday Morning cast of characters will be joining us in mere moments. Right now, we're kicking off the show with Andy Furman, who got bumped because Moe Egger is doing the show with me.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that? Andy?
Speaker 3: You know what, who's anybody else?
Speaker 4: I'd be right now after the man. He's the best.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 6: He's my guy boy.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, what a suck up?
Speaker 2: Uh So, anyway, Andy, you you wanted to mention something that is happening tomorrow with your employer, the Point ARC, which does great stuff, and go ahead tell me about it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, honestly, brid it's a big deal I get to do with an opening day. Well, it's opening day tomorrow at the Point Dogs dev Brought Education Center the SEC. The students will.
Speaker 3: Be coming in for the first time.
Speaker 4: They see the students that are basically social needs and from the ages of eight to like maybe eighteen twenty. They start tomorrow one o'clock. The classes were rolled in classes live about from six to sixteen in a class on the elevated education set that will be open tomorrow and on.
Speaker 6: The following day, Thursday, there.
Speaker 4: Is another group coming in, So tomorrow's a big day at the point, Ark, it really is the Zenterfire Education Set. That one oh four was Pipe Street in Covington's opening day tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, So that that gets you off the hook for your show content. I appreciate your hard efforts on that, Andy, Go go back, go back, go back to cruising Covington for shickses.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I will thanks all right. Coming up next Stephen Moser of Northern Kentucky. Actually he's a speaker Northern Kentucky's Right to Life celebration happening on September fifteenth. Later, though mo Ager, Ricky Washburn old Radio Rick rockos here Dave from Harrison steps in with bad dad jokes.
Speaker 1: This is can't miss radio.
Speaker 7: It used to be I'd rather ung bathe my dog then get up in the morning.
Speaker 8: A mouthful of fur was better than waking up.
Speaker 2: But not anymore.
Speaker 9: Now I've seen the lights.
Speaker 2: Starting your day getting everything you need to know from me.
Speaker 1: Mike mcconnald makes you feel good.
Speaker 7: Now I can't wait to wake up and hear Mike Mcconnald'll.
Speaker 2: Start your morning getting the essentials you need.
Speaker 10: McConnell makes my morning rock.
Speaker 1: As well as my much love mcconnald charm.
Speaker 2: Now my dog has to lick himself be.
Speaker 11: A morning lover with Mike McConnell Tomorrow morning at Fine on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Get ready for Genesis Diamond's epicat.
Speaker 2: Back into the Nightcap as we get started on this Tuesday evening, our first guest, I know Andy Furman was on just a few minutes ago, but that.
Speaker 1: Was the opener. That's the teas.
Speaker 2: Our first official guest though from the Population Research Center, Stephen Mosher, who is going to be speaking at the Northern Kentucky Right to Life Celebration which comes up Sunday, September fifteenth at receptions in Erlanger.
Speaker 1: They still have t left.
Speaker 2: I believe the actual the celebration begins around one pm and my wife and I christ to two point zero and I went last year and wonderful speakers who all are celebrating life and the right to life and the great gift God has given us of life.
Speaker 1: And there was good food and.
Speaker 2: Appetizers, and you know, you get something to drink if you wanted to. But Stephen Moser is a keynote speaker this year from the Population Research Center. First and foremost, good evening, Stephen, how are.
Speaker 3: You good evening? Good to talk to you, all right.
Speaker 2: So tell me about the Population Research Center, what it is and why it's so important to the discussion we're having and to life in general.
Speaker 12: Well, Father Paul Marks and I started the Population Research Institute pri I for short gades ago after I came back from China and we began talking about China's forced abortion, forcees sterilization program and worried that overpopulation enthusiasts, people who believed there were too many people on the planet, were flocking to China and actually praising China's policy forced abortion for sterilization. The United States was actually funding it through the UN Population Fund, which a fact which appalled me and a lot of people in the United States. And so we were able to get that funding cutoff.
Speaker 3: We were able to get it stopped.
Speaker 12: The policy in China went on for decades, but fortunately your tax dollars in mine were no longer supporting it. So that was the original project of the Population Research Institute. But we found out that, you know, forced abortion, force sterilization, forced pace population control programs were happening in lots and lots of countries.
Speaker 3: Around the world.
Speaker 12: And so our job over the decades has been to document those abuses, to help women in crisis pregnancies around the world, to make sure that we in the United States are not funding such programs that violate human rights, to violate the sanctity of life. And I think we've been able to do a lot of good at the Population Research INDs to do over the years, we've cut nearly a billion dollars in funding to programs overseas that involve force paced population control programs that violate human rights, that use bribes and punishments to get women to submit to sterilization and abortion. So that's what that's what I've been doing. But it was all sparked by my experience in China back in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: What happened in China in nineteen eighty, Stephen.
Speaker 12: In nineteen eighty, the one child policy began. Dunstopping told the senior officials of the Chinese Communist Party that everyone was going to be limited to one child. And when local officials said that's going to be difficult to carry out, dear leader, he said, just do it. With the support of the Chinese Communist Party. You had nothing to fear. So women under this order from dungshaopinga was then the leader of China. Women were arrested in China for the crime of being pregnant. Now, I was in China at the time. I was living in a Chinese commune in South China, in the province next to Hong Kong called Guangdong, and I saw women arrested for the crime of being pregnant. In fact, I still have their some arrest warrants, and in the box where you write the crime for which the person is being charged on the Chinese arrest warrant, they wrote whyun, which means pregnant. These women were being arrested for the crime of being pregnant. Now, they were very surprised to be arrested for the crime of being pregnant because until March of nineteen eighty it had been legal to have second, third, and fourth children. Now, all of a sudden, the Chinese Communist Party was saying, no, you're carrying an illegal child who was an enemy the state, and that enemy the state must be executed.
Speaker 3: And I went with these.
Speaker 12: Women as they were arrested. They were they were locked up, sometimes for days or weeks on end, told they had no choice but to get an abortion, taken under escort to.
Speaker 3: Local medical center. I went with them.
Speaker 12: I was in the operating room when they were doing forced abortions and sterilizations on women who were seven, eight and nine months pregnant. And I will tell you it was obviously a tragedy for them. They lost their child, they were scarred, not just physically, but psychologically for life.
Speaker 3: It was a life.
Speaker 12: Changing experience for me, obviously, because I had gone to China thinking that maybe China didn't have too many people. I came back believing that China has had and has too much government and and and an overbearing and tyrannical sotalitarian regime in charge. That's China's main problem, not its people, the party, the Communist Party is the main problem.
Speaker 3: Came back believing in life.
Speaker 2: You were an atheist pro choicer before this happened, Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 12: I'd been at my excuses I'd been at Stanford University for several years, and I had been taught that China was overpopulated. I had been taught that that abortion was a woman's issue.
Speaker 3: And that I, as a man, had no say in it and was not entitled to an opinion.
Speaker 12: And I've been taught that by a number of people, including Kamila Harris's father, Donald Harris, who was a Marxist economist in the economics department, that China was practicing a wonderful form of social They were creating a new socialist man, a new socialist woman, and they were finally going to get communism right. And I went to kind of believing in those things. And of course, after spending a year with the Chinese people themselves, and I can read right and speak Chinese, by the way, spending a year with the Chinese people themselves, they convinced me it wasn't true. They convinced me the Chinese Communist Party was their new overlord, and it was a very harsh task master. And of course, seeing my friends and their wives, of my friends being arrested for the crime being pregnant and being forcibly aborted not only made me pro life but really made me aware of the existence of evil.
Speaker 3: Through evil.
Speaker 12: You see, you can be educated in this country at our elite universities and be told and come to believe that everything is shades of gray, that there is no real right and wrong, that you know, it's fifty shades of gray. It's ethics are situational and morals are relative, and you know that sort of mind view, that secular, humanish worldview is prevalent. So I want to try to thinking that absolute evil didn't exist, And of course it did in that operating room when they were killing innocent children just days weeks in fact, at birth, in some cases by lethal injection. And I witnessed the deaths of tiny sons of Adam and daughters of Eve, and it was as if the pit of hell had opened up before me. I saw an absolute evil, the killing of innocent human children at birth, and I recoiled in horror from that, and in recoiling began to seek the good. Well, goodness comes from God, right, and if you seek the good, you'll be led to God as I was.
Speaker 2: I absolutely believe that we're talking to Stephen Moser from the Population Research Institute. I misspoke earlier and called it the center but pri and he'll be speaking at Northern Kentucky's Right to Life celebration coming up Sunday, September fifteenth, starting at one o'clock. Stephen, isn't it true that the current Democrat platform allows for abortion right up to birth? This is what I'm understanding, and many Democrats are pushing this, and this is a major issue in the election coming up November fifth. Any thoughts on what's going on in this country, which you know, sadly a lot of people who are you know, reduction of population stewards are pushing this in this country as well, namely globalists like Bill Gates who famously said a few years ago that the Earth population should really be closer to about a half a billion as opposed to seven or eight billion. What's going on here in this country, specifically with the Democrat Party simply to win an election on an issue that well is obviously controversial, although I don't know why it's controversial to say that you shouldn't murder your unborn child. But anyway, just give me an overview of what's going on here.
Speaker 12: Well, it's the the Democrat Party, especially under the current leadership, and then the the Kamila Harris and Tim Wall's ticket has basically lost his mind over the question of abortion because they think that reproductive choice or reproductive health as they call it, and it's not Health's not healthy for the baby to be aborted, so it reproductive health is is a misnomber.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 12: That's the only issue they've got to run on, and so they've run so far to the radical left that is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I mean, the platform is.
Speaker 12: By far the most pro abortion platform I've ever seen, and it promotes abortion up to birth. And in fact, these people, in practical terms, will let babies die after they're born if it's a failed abortion. So it's not just late term abortion. It's also in fantaside. And I will say this about Tim Walls specifically because Tim Wawlson and I have something in common. We both spent a lot of time in China. Now, I came away from my time in China believing that the Chinese Communist Party is the biggest killing machine in human history, and that he not only massacred ten thousand students sun armed students on Tenemm Square, it massacred four hundred million babies over the course of the thirty six year one child policy, Tim Wawtz came back from China just got goad, just loving China and apologizing for China's one child policy. He said, uh, Tim Wals did. He said, China has an overpopulation problem. Uh, so you understand why they're they're forcing down their birth rate. And he said, you know, if you violate the one child policy, the only the only punishment is you have.
Speaker 3: To pay a fine.
Speaker 12: Well, Tim walt I was in the operating room when they were forcibly aboording and sterilizing women.
Speaker 3: There was no you couldn't pay a fine.
Speaker 12: Those party officials and the Red Army doctors that were doing those those that butchery, uh did weren't interested in your money. They weren't taking your money. They were taking your fertility. And they did it by the tens and ten civilions. So uh, the guy is an apologist in my view, for the Chinese Communist Party's brutal one child policy. But but, but but get this, in Minnesota, there was a law punishing men or doctors for using coercion to get women to consent to an abortion, and Tim Walls as governor, overturned that law. So now you can a woman can be coerced by a school counselor or a boyfriend to go in for an abortion under duress of the same kind of pressure that you might find in China, and there's no punishment for the man who does that. So I see in Tim Walls's actions a direct connection with China's one child policy in his actions.
Speaker 2: Also controversial for pro life people is Donald Trump's view on IVF in vitro fertilization.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and that's the problem for me because I think at conception, when when a new soul is created, a new person is created with a unique chromosomeal complement, and that life should be protected from conception, and IVF, of course, wantonly destroys life. You have ten in many cases, ten tiny human embryos destroyed for everyone successfully implanted.
Speaker 3: The problem is that people don't know that. The problem is.
Speaker 12: That the Pew survey on IVF shows that only eight percent of the population, less than ten percent opposes IVF, seventy percent supported, and twenty two percent don't even know what it is. So more than nine out of ten of Americans think that like Donald Trump, they think that IVF is just a way of helping women to get pregnant. They think that it's just fertilization. They don't understand the destruction of human lives. So I think that that Trump in the past, and I met him back in twenty sixteen, is reachable and teachable on this issue. And I think that the same is not true of Amla Harris and Tim Walls for absolute zealots when it comes to abortions. So, you know, let's understand where we are as the people on these issues.
Speaker 2: Steven Moser, thank you Population Research Institute. How do people contact pri.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 12: Pri I is on the web at pop dot org pop dot org and we got lots of resources there. In fact, my latest book, The Double and Communist China is available there as well, and we're making a free copies available to new supporters.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, God bless you, and we will see you on Sunday, September fifteenth at receptions in Erlanger, Northern Kentucky. Write to Life celebration. Stephen Moser joining us on the nightcap. We're going to switch gears here after news and a little bit of Saturday Morning on Tuesday night coming up on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: This news sponsored by a door and window. We sell the best and service the rest we use. Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 11: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Ongoing efforts to work on funding ahead of a master plan reveal with the nine point thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now launcher. Renovation plans for the Bengals Stadium have yet to be released, expected to come out some time later this month. Meanwhile, county officials are seeking state funding to help pay for part of the project.
Speaker 17: The Paid Core Stadium master Plan is expected to be released the middle of this month, exact date not yet set. Hamilton County Commissioned President Alisha Reese says she and a team from the county met with Governor Dwine and his top people this past Friday looking for state help.
Speaker 10: So we're looking at about, you know, about three hundred million at least from the state level, and we're looking at what are some creative ways that not only would help Cincinnati but also could possibly help Cleveland.
Speaker 17: Not clear whether that three hundred million includes future stadium help for the Reds, who are also on Reese's radar from the Hamilton County Board of Elections. I'm Matt Reese News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Now the latest traffic and weather together and right now taking a look at the major interstates or highway has no accidents, but road construction during the night. Go and to costan backup seventy five both north and southbound between Glendale Milford Road and I two seventy five, as there will be various lane closures until six o'clock.
Speaker 11: Now the lates forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: A few more clouds overnight.
Speaker 18: We're down to sixty degrees with a light wind out of the south and east, and that warms us up into Wednesday. Wednesday, expect a few more clouds, partly to mostly Cloudy's still warm and a little more humidity. Eighty seven agrees with the southeast wind at five to ten Thursday warmer eighty eight could feel like ninety with an increase in humidity and plenty of sun. Friday, our chants at rain builds for the evening a high of eighty seven. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first wanting media Olands Just Brandon Spinner, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Mostly clear right now now. Our temperature sixty seven degrees. A man who drowned in the Ohio River during the Labor Day weekend has been identified. The body of forty eight year old are In Kyme was pulled from the river just after the noon hour today, pronounced it at the scene by the Gallanton County Corner's Office. Kime is said to have gone overboard from a boat early Monday morning, with his body found in over two feet of water not far from where he fell in. More than one hundred workers from several jurisdictions in Indiana and Kentucky part of the search effort to find him. A three vehicle crash in Claremont County, leaving one person dead and several others injured.
Speaker 2: Ohio State Highway Patrol.
Speaker 16: Says it was just after two o'clock this afternoon on State Route thirty two on Harold Road when a vehicle operated by twenty six year old Robert Sherman of Mount rib entered the intersection and was struck by another vehicle driven by seventy one year old Jenny Stell of Blanchester At Sherman's vehicle then struck a third vehicle that was being operated by fifty eight year old Miles Harrigan of Aberdeen. Sherman treated for minor injuries at the scene, while a passenger in his vehicle, fifty one year old Tassey Sherman, died at Claremont Mercy Hospital. Another set, tenty one year old passenger suffered serious injuries. Saul hospitalized with minor injuries, with an eighteen year old passenger also treated for minor injuries at UC Medical Center. Harrigan in a fifty eight year old female passenger taken to Bethesta North Hospital with the injuries that tod be minor. Ay very Tuesday night off for the Reds as they continue their three game series against the Astros Wednesday night after taking Game one five to three on Labor Day. The Inside Pitch starting our coverage at five forty, with first pitch from Nick Martinez at six forty from Great American Ballpark hands goodness for UC football as defensive tackle Dante courtleone has been cleared to play after being diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs less than three months ago. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalviager News Radio seven hundred w.
Speaker 19: Lwh guests our calling in on the seven hundred WLW hotline backed by Guilty Trusted Pros.
Speaker 7: Everyone knows Paul Zero's carput and Edra cleaning today and mentioned me Bill Cunningham to get a free hallway clean with three rooms at Carpet Friendly one nine book on LOM Tuesday Night.
Speaker 20: What take away the tree and the birds act sit on the ground, take away the wings the birds have to walk to get around?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 3: And take away and dirty.
Speaker 2: My favorite dirty bird. On a Saturday morning, Dave Wells Dave from Harrison joining us on the Nightcap for just a few minutes tonight. Dave, of course, is famous that someone would say infamous for his displays of humor on on Saturday mornings, usually just right past six o'clock. If you wake up and you hear bad dad jokes or good dad jokes or one lighters, it's probably Dave and he's he's here now, Hi Dave?
Speaker 6: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Jeff?
Speaker 6: And yourself?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm I'm If I were any better, you know, people always say if I were any better, i'd be you. But I I've met you, so I don't know about that one.
Speaker 6: You or any better to be triplets.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good one. That's a good one, not quite on par with the great humor that is highlighted on Saturday morning at about six oh six every week, which you help provide. So I wanted to just for a few minutes tonight do a battle of the one liners. And I'll let you begin first. Dave has he's got a he's got a special dad joke cave at his house, which we may or may not get into.
Speaker 21: But anyway, Uh, that's where the that's where the dad joke osmosis.
Speaker 2: The dad joke moses happens. All right, Dave, go ahead, What do you got for me?
Speaker 6: Well? Speaking of birds, what birds do before they work out?
Speaker 1: What two birds do before they work out?
Speaker 6: Yes, they do their worm ups?
Speaker 2: They they do their worm ups. What happens to an illegally parked frog? It gets it gets towed away to your turn?
Speaker 1: Your turn?
Speaker 22: Uh?
Speaker 6: Why is it so easy for an elephant to get a job?
Speaker 2: Why is it so easy for an elephant to get a job?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well they work for peanuts.
Speaker 2: What did the DNA say to the other DNA? Do these genes make me look fat? Uh?
Speaker 1: You actually like that?
Speaker 23: One?
Speaker 6: Wanted to ask a hamburger. Lots of questions. What do you ask a hamburger? Lots of questions?
Speaker 2: When do you ask a hamburger? A lot of Chris questions? When you when you want to thrilled them?
Speaker 1: Very nice, This is good. I found this.
Speaker 2: Before you marry someone, you should first make them use a computer with a slow Internet connection to see who they really are. Because the truth, the truth will come out if you get that spinning circle of death and nothing happens anyway?
Speaker 1: What you got buffering?
Speaker 24: Uh?
Speaker 6: How come hyenas are so healthy?
Speaker 1: How come hyenas are so healthy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it's because laughter. Laughter is the best medicine.
Speaker 2: Scientists have recently discovered a food that greatly reduces sex drive.
Speaker 1: It's called wedding It's called wedding cake.
Speaker 6: Who made the wishes come true?
Speaker 1: Who made what?
Speaker 6: Who made the fishes wishes come true? You know?
Speaker 1: I love fish jokes, David, I said Dave.
Speaker 2: And I sat at the bar at Huddles when when I was working and Dave was there having a few beers, and I told what at least one hundred fish jokes right in a row, one after the other.
Speaker 1: I was just I was a machine.
Speaker 2: I was making them up on the fly anyway, So what what's the joke again, Dave?
Speaker 6: Who made the fishes wishes come trip?
Speaker 2: Who made the fishes wishes come true?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 6: It's very cod mother, Oh Dave. Next, Dave. Some men say you are the white flag.
Speaker 2: No I'm I'm throwing like gasoline on your fire.
Speaker 1: But that was terrible.
Speaker 2: Some men say they don't wear their wedding band because it cuts off circulation.
Speaker 6: Then I I I get it.
Speaker 1: You're talking.
Speaker 6: Why is talking to cows a waste of time? What?
Speaker 2: Why is talking to cows a waste of Why is that.
Speaker 6: Because whatever you say goes in one air and out the other?
Speaker 1: Did you say out the utter out the other?
Speaker 6: That's what I say, Dave.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna have a revisitation of some many Saturday mornings when I say this, and I say it with love. Get off my phone.
Speaker 19: Maybe you missed one of our shows because you're being stalked by a roade band of angry circus clowns.
Speaker 2: There he is, let's get in in there.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 19: You can get the podcast of our shows and here what you miss check them out on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 13: Ass our twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: iHeart radio musical.
Speaker 2: Don't call it a come back. Don't call it a comeback, call it a call back. The Saturday morning where every weekend, about eight forty or so, our next guest joins us, sometimes on the golf course, sometimes with his daughter, making extraneous noises. Crossley and he's here now, Moe Egger on the Nightcap. It's Saturday morning on Tuesday night. Hey mo, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 21: I think this is great. I'm in studio. But you know what was even better? You know what I did after the Western and Southern w Ebn fireworks. Tell me I drank it Huddles my my bar. Where we asked where you were? I drank it Huddles.
Speaker 1: You ask where I was?
Speaker 21: I did with two of my two of our college at ten o'clock at night, At ten o'clock on Sunday night, I watched the LSU USC game, all enjoying a cigar at Huddles.
Speaker 2: See you can you can still enjoy a cigar, yes, whether you want to or not. You know, smoke a tear, smoke eaters. Yeah, don't do a darn thing.
Speaker 21: I noticed, but but there I think you might need to smoke a tear repairman to come by.
Speaker 2: But no, I haven't seen ten o'clock at a bar, any bar, including the bar that I ostensibly work at in years we were I work eleven to seven. Just get my plug and everybody else gets a plug in ID three is the best, I think. Yeah, ambrya Sype very nice woman, who, by the way, is heading up an autism golf tournament for autism on September fourteenth, that I'm supposed to mention on the radio. So Brie, I mentioned it again. Yes, this is their third annual anyway. Uh So I thought that, you know, the Saturday show has been so successful, but it is an animal in a time slot into itself. There's nothing else quite like it. And I don't know that that's good or bad, but it's true. There's nothing quite like the Saturday Morning Show. Correct, And you have been a willing participant in this now for years. I remember the conversation. I said, Hey, Moe, do you think you want to You know, I talked to Rhino about it and you think you and you said, yeah, okay, we can try that. Did you know what to expect at that point? No, I was just happy it was frankly toward the end of the show. I knew exactly.
Speaker 1: I was happy.
Speaker 21: It wasn't like, hey, six fifteen on Saturday, we're gonna call you. I would have been a different conversation.
Speaker 2: But we've had some very different conversations at the early hours because you're getting on a plane, or you're playing golf, or which has happened two years in a row now, which I thought was fantastday. Yeah, say Saturday, you did not you did not play well? No either, No, that has nothing to do with your show.
Speaker 1: No, really, I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to take full credit for that one. I had an interesting interview on the show last night. And for folks who didn't hear that, John Talty, you co authored this book with Armine Katayan called The Price, which is about college football and all of the changes that we are seeing, not just they cover the conference conglomeration and that they cover the transfer portal and all of them. You know, the pay for play factor that is now part of major college athletics. And I brought to John, I said, you know, for some teams, like our UC Bearcats football team, this is probably not good. It does not help against programs that are in the Big Twelve or in the other power conferences that have always been at the top. I said, it really doesn't change much for the Alabama's and the Georgia's of the world and the big money schools. And he said, yeah, I mean there's a factor in that, but it does change some other things. What do you think it changes.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's good and bad to it.
Speaker 21: We've never had parity in college football now, We've never had a level playing.
Speaker 1: This is what I brought up with him last night.
Speaker 2: I said, you know what, in the other in the old days, people were getting you know, paid, getting certain benefits wink wink, for playing for these big programs.
Speaker 1: All it is now is out in the open. Yeah.
Speaker 21: And I mean throughout college football history there have been haves and have nots, and you could argue this widens the gap.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 21: I certainly think there's some validity to that. I think if anything else, you know, there's a lot of different issues here because there have been so many different changes. The players can get paid now, it's all above board, it's all out in front of us. You know, we don't know the specific dollar amounts, which I think in some cases would be shocking, but it's it's all out in the open. And you know, you might argue, well, it creates a bigger advantage for Ohio State, or a bigger advantage for Georgia, or a bigger advantage for Alabama, and that may be the case, but those advantages have already been built in. And what they have done is the expansion of the playoff, to me, has done some good.
Speaker 1: And bad things.
Speaker 21: I think it's given more teams access to the championship event. I think it is also watered down portions of the regular season. So much like let's say the SEC championship game, those two teams are going to be in the playoff, so they'll pay lip service to the idea that the SEC championship game means something.
Speaker 1: But is that game going to be taken.
Speaker 21: As seriously as it would be if it really determined who was going to make the playoff or if it was the last game of the season for those two teams. If you have a number two team playing a number four team in a conference championship game, they're both going to the playoffs. So I think it's it's hurt institutions.
Speaker 2: You like that, Do you think it's a possibility that one of those teams could rest a player or sand bag ye in the SEC championship. We're going anyway, what the hell, Let's save our troops, Let's save our horses for when it really matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 21: So, I mean, but you know, again, more fans feel like their team has access to the championship, and so, okay, you might go, well, Ohio State and Georgia and Alabama and a handful of other programs. Their advantage is going to be greater because you know, now they're going to be able to pay players, and we have the transfer portal, which you can now just jump from school to school if you want. The opposite of that would be, Yeah, but a school like Cincinnati has better access to the playoff because we're allowing more teams into the playoff. And so I think from a competitive standpoint, I'm not sure I entirely agree, but I do think there's an argument that says the advantage that the bigger schools have over schools like you see has been mitigated by the fact that, well, we've created more playoff spots.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense.
Speaker 21: There's a lot about what's happened to college football specifically that I don't like I hear people say all the time, well, you know, they're just making an NFL two point zero.
Speaker 1: Well, we already have the NFL.
Speaker 21: And what the beauty of college football to me was in many respects was kind of different. And I have felt that way about, you know, the breakup of traditional geographic rivalries.
Speaker 1: I have felt that way about.
Speaker 21: You know, there used to be something that if I said SEC football, you knew what that looked and felt like. And if I said Big ten football, you knew what that looked and felt like. And if I said, you know, back in the day big eight or Pack ten football, you knew what that looked and felt like.
Speaker 1: I don't like that that's been basically erased. That's frustrating. Amen. At the same time, I do think we get more good games.
Speaker 21: Ohio State's gonna play Oregon in the regular season, right awesome. Texas and Oklahoma are going to play against Alabama and Georgia in the regular season.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 21: And at the end of the day, that's where I end up what gives me good games, and I as much as there are things about conference realignment and how schools have hopscott from one league to the other, As a consumer, I just want really good games, and I think we're getting more of them, and we're going to get more playoff games.
Speaker 1: And so when I.
Speaker 21: Hear people sort of cry about, well, I don't like the direction college football is going. Are we getting better games? And are we getting more really good games? I think the answers are yes.
Speaker 2: Do you expect to see better games out of your UC Bearcats this year?
Speaker 1: Well, they got some good news today. Dante Corleone's back. Okay, the guy from the Godfather, The.
Speaker 21: Guy from the Godfather is going to be back to play defensive tackle. You know, I think if you're looking at what happened in the opener, I have a feeling that might be a bit of a microcosm of the season. From the standpoint of I think they can be pretty good offensively. I think they've got a quarterback who can throw it down, which they didn't have last year. I'm not sure they're going to be able to stop people, especially on the ground, even with Dante back. And I had Scott Sadderfield on with me two weeks ago, and before I could get the question out about is the biggest concern stopping the run? He yes, you know, came out and said, yes, they were really bad last season at giving up explosive plays, gave up a bunch to an FCS school on Saturday, and so I've tended to think that their season and whether or not it's going to be a success or not, is going to come out of these next two games against Pittsburgh and Miami, because I do think this team will coalesce pretty nicely as the season moves on. They have so many new guys forty seven new players, and the league is not great, and within that not great league, they have a pretty favorable schedule, So I think there are some wins to be had in the Big Twelve. If you can beat Pittsburgh at home on Saturday, which they have a kid who ran for ten yards of carry, which is not good if you look at how Cincinnati was bad against the run in Week one, and then they play what I think is still going to be a pretty good Miami team. If they can get victories these next two weeks, they should win their first league game. They'll have a chance to win their second league game, and then really beyond Iowa State in Kansas State, I think all of the other games are winnable. And in some cases they'll be favored. I think if they win these next two seven wins as a possibility, wow, dare I say eight? I think if they lose these next two Number one, there's going to be a fan revole. Number two, you know, sort of put places a higher emphasis on winning games and conference play. But they've got some stuff to fix on defense, and I think that was very, very abundantly clear against Towson. It's Saturday morning, on Tuesday night. Just for a next few minutes, Moeger with us the hay Mos segment. Yes, and here's the final, the final question, what is your if you have one, what is your surprise team in the NFL? NFL season officially kicks off on Thursday night, and obviously big hopes for Bengals, But what is your surprise team in the NFL? What team do you think will come from among the ranks of contenders and really surprise some people. The first team that comes to mind is Pittsburgh because I like their quarterback situation more than most. Picarly, Russell Wilson was not bad in Denver. He just wasn't a very good fit the Steelers. On an anecdotal week to week basis, we know you don't want to play them. We know what Mike Tomlin teams look like. I think if they could squeeze, you know, if you look at their quarterback situation now versus the last five years, Kenny Pickett and the Corps have Ben Roethlisberger toward the end, I think they've upgraded, whether it's Justin Fields or Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: With Justin Fields, I feel like there's some upsigning. With Russell Wilson.
Speaker 21: I don't think he's washed and in the right system on a team where they're not going to have to score thirty five every week to win. You know, as we saw it from a Bengals perspective last season, it wasn't a very good Pittsburgh team, and granted they didn't have Joe Burrow in either game, Pittsburgh still pushed him around. They're still capable of doing that.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: They're in a really tough division. Obviously, I think they're.
Speaker 21: On a from a roster standpoint, still a rung below Baltimore. Maybe stole a rung below Cincinnati. But when we talk about the AOC North, I don't think it's far fetched to suggest Pittsburgh wins it. I also don't think it'd be surprising if they came in last place, but they're they're interesting to me. I also feel like we're handing the AFC South to the Houston Texans, and maybe we should c j Stroud lots of talent, you know, I'm not it. It was thirteen months ago that we were talking about how the Jacksonville Jaguars might be the second best team in the AFC. That obviously wasn't the case. Bengals go there late last season with Jake Browning and sort of derailed their season in a very winnable division with a pretty favorable schedule. I'm not counting on Jacksonville either.
Speaker 2: All right, Mo, thank you for your time. We will talk to you on Saturday morning. You will, and by god, it's going to be a great weekend. If you're out playing golf, I expect a phone call anyway.
Speaker 21: We have UC Pitt at noon, yep, and then if soccer at five o'clock with this year olds, that's my Saturday.
Speaker 1: Go get him dad, all right? All right? The Nightcap continues on seven utter WLW.
Speaker 15: Count down to the Bengals home over tunt It by Rick Durrant Phillips Juliers voted best place to buy your engagement Race Kinkoff in five days on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals covering.
Speaker 11: News, traffic, and weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati getting.
Speaker 16: Closer to Trump and Harris's first meeting on the debate stage with the ten o'clock report, I'm Shawn Gallagher breaking down the first presidential debate between Vice President Harris and former President and Trump is now just one week away. As the candidates to event campaigning also prepared.
Speaker 8: Para's taking a normal approach as she prepares to debate Trump and what will be their first face to face meeting.
Speaker 25: It's going to be a tight race to the very so let's not pay too much attention to those polls.
Speaker 8: Sources tell ABC News Harris has done at least two mock debates at her alma mater, Howard University, her campaign, bringing on Hillary Clinton's former senior adviser, Felipe Ryness, who helped Clinton prepare for the twenty sixteen debates, so once again play the role of Trump.
Speaker 2: ABC News is Rachel Scott.
Speaker 16: Now the latest traffic and weather together no accidents currently on the major interstates and highways, but there is road constructions through the overnight seventy five north end southbound between the Glendale Milford Road and I two seventy five exits, expect various lane restrictions until six am.
Speaker 19: Now the latest forecast from the Advanced Dentistry Weather Center Advanced Dentistry the judgment fre idental experience you've been looking for no fear dentist dot com.
Speaker 18: You were clouds filtering in through the overnight into early Wednesday, temperatures dropping down to sixty which is seasonal in east wind right around five to ten miles per hour. Wednesday southeasterly winds at five to fifteen pulls in a little more humidity, much more warmth, and a lot more cloud cover, partly to mostly cloudy. Were looking at a high of eighty seven from there. Thursday eighty eight, sunny eighty seven. Friday's body showers and storms late, then the weekend feeling like faul from me severe weather station, I'm nine first wanting media oligs is Brandon Spinder News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Few clouds out there, otherwise mostly clear. Our current temperature sixty eight degrees. A crash involed me to school bus into other vehicles this afternoon in Elmwood Place. It was just after two o'clock when police say ANSUV speeding down Township Avenue struck another vehicle that was trying to turn down onto Sycamore Street from Township, then hit the school bus, which did not have any students on board at the time. Three children in the suv between the ages of two and six were taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, the driver and a passenger taking to uc Medical Center. The bus driver hospitalized with minor injuries. Police believe nobody in the suv was wearing seatbelts. A list of recommendations revealed to improve Ohio's juvenile justice system.
Speaker 26: The Governor of Ohio states already beginning to dimplomatic recommendations from the Juvenile Justice Working Group. Their report calls for a system wide transformation, and it would start with closing the three large state prisons for teens, replacing them with smaller facilities considered more safe. In addition, the report calls for construction of three new community correctional facilities in Hamilton, Franklin, and Cuyahoga Counties.
Speaker 27: GCFs are preferable because they keep kids closer to home, allow for more family involvement, and generally lead youth toward better outcomes upon release.
Speaker 26: Governors has funding for one of those facilities is already in the budget. He'll press the legislature to approve the cost of two more. I'm Brian Colmes, News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Wl Doctor and Off Night.
Speaker 16: The Reds continuing their series against the Astros Wednesday night at Great American Ballpark. First pitch from Nick Martinez set for six forty. The inside pitch will start our coverage in the Big One at five point forty. UC defensive tackle Dante Corleone has been cleared to play after he had been diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs less than three months ago. Our next update is at ten thirty. I'm Sean Gaalbager, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Medical Mutual.
Speaker 6: Cincinnati and Dayton Sea.
Speaker 25: Make the right call for the right Medicare advantage benefits go to Medmutual dot com slash run.
Speaker 2: Can you smell what the Nightcap is cooking?
Speaker 1: So it's science.
Speaker 2: It's Saturday morning on a Tuesday night. On seven hundred WLW. You hear this guy. You've heard this guy regularly on my Saturday morning show if you've listened for I have lost track.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I've been doing this show for like twenty seven plus years. He's been on a good percentage of that time, and he joins us tonight to talk a little science or whatever it is that's on his mind. It really doesn't matter. I always enjoy our conversations on Saturday Morning and looking forward to this one science Mike, Welcome to the Nightcap.
Speaker 6: How are you, Gary, Jeff, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Fantastic man, It's great to have you. You know, I couldn't get everybody. The gang at Brookies in Ripley only gets together at six point thirty in the morning, and they weren't available tonight.
Speaker 24: So you know that's because they're all together from Friday night late and I have not gone home yet.
Speaker 2: You don't know how true that is? So well, I don't think. I don't think we'll have any visits from the Greenhorn at Sherry and her weather Beaver, or a Doug Bonnson or a Brookie or any of the rest of them. But we got you, and that's the important thing. So Michael, what do you think is the most in your mind, just off the top of your head, what's the most significant scientific breakthrough so far in twenty twenty four. Do you have anything in mind at all? Oh, my gosh, unprepared, unscripted, I told.
Speaker 24: You, yeah, you know, Actually I wasn't so much thinking about twenty twenty four about this was was kind of like a like a brief synopsis or some of the things that we need, things that we talked about in.
Speaker 3: The past, and how they how they you.
Speaker 24: Know, it's been so we've been doing this for almost fourteen fourteen years, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 24: One of the neat things that we did was back in twenty in twenty thirteen, actually this and you might have actually the PBS did a special on this solar impulse plane. It was a total solar cell. The wings were covered with solar panels and it the goal was to and this is what the PBS special was. They flew around the world on the just solar power. It was just a single single seat plane, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 24: But before they did all this, they actually came across they did a test across the United States from San Francisco to New York and they would That was in June of twenty thirteen. And actually they had a problem. They were going from Saint Louis to d C and they couldn't they couldn't land in DC because they had a thunderstorms going on. So what happened They made emergency change and they landed at ar Lunkin Airport, which is I remember I went out there. It was a Friday they landed, and Saturday morning they were going to take off, and I got out there like at seven am. I say, it'd be great to do the show from there. And so we were doing this solar impulse before it became really big. And the pilot you know saw he was bertrand Piccard was his name, who filed this whole mission and he eventually did around the world too. So they landed at LUNCN, like I said, on a Friday, and I'm out there Saturday morning and they were supposed to take off like at same nine o'clock or nine am or something like that. But they had a problem where the overnight the this Lunkin is so far down condensation all over right, so the wings were all had water all over the wings, and the wings are like they were like seventy five feet on each each wing tip to wing tip from the center line, so it was almost one hundred and fifty feet of wings with solar panels.
Speaker 1: I do remember. I remember the plane.
Speaker 2: It was an onlooking thing, as like I said, with the Yeah, huge wings, and I remember the show, but please continue.
Speaker 24: But they had a little huge channel that was in the back of the wing that and all this water filled up this whole channel, and you know, eight pounds of gallon. They probably had an additional forty fifty pounds of water on the wing. And what they did was they called the fire department, showed up and they had these huge they handled these syringes and they got up there and they were literally sucking the water off the wingtips and to get all the water out of that channel so they could eventually take off. And they finally took off hours probably a wait. I hung around till.
Speaker 6: About eleven am.
Speaker 24: They finally took off, and it looked like a looked like a seven forty seven. You know, you see a big plane take off, how slow they are lumbering out the sky. This thing, I thought it finally got above the trees.
Speaker 6: Thank god.
Speaker 24: It took off over over Kentucky and then went on to DC. But that was interesting because that was like a on site, you know, litle science thing going on, an.
Speaker 2: On site report from our location reporter science Mike.
Speaker 24: And then the pay was good, so you know, you got your value out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not so good for you. It was fine for me, Thank you. Anything else come to mind immediately?
Speaker 24: Michael, Well, there's one note I have here from this is almost a year ten twenty. You see September fourteenth, twenty thirteenth, twenty thirteen, we did a show and it's kind of kind of interesting. Goes on Voyager one and that was the twenty thirteen and I have a note here twelve billion miles away and it's going to shut down in twenty twenty five, which seemed like forever back then, but now it's fifteen billion miles instead of twelve billion, and it's still still moving on and so it's.
Speaker 5: Going to win.
Speaker 2: When did they when did they originally launch Voyager?
Speaker 24: Funny thing that Moyser one was launched, They were but two of them, one and two they were launching in nineteen seventy seven. But Moyser two was launched before Voyager one about a month before. So they're both traveling. But the way out past where they called the heliosphere is ending that our system and in an intergalactic space. So it's going to be floating out there for very very long time.
Speaker 1: And it's amazing that they they that it's still alive.
Speaker 2: Even you know, it survived, it survived the Allen Belt, had survived the asteroid field, and it survived all of that. It survived our Solar system and it's still it's still reporting, right.
Speaker 24: They just had a problem.
Speaker 6: They had to recode something.
Speaker 24: They had the things shut down and they had to recode, and it takes like twenty five minutes for signals to go back and forth, and there's this and the signals they had to recode and make sure. It took like two months for it to reprogram for a system they needed to communicate back and forth, and they finally fixed that. It's funny they had a special on that they had like they had like hundred people on the program back in seventy seven and they still have like five people they that are on the paycheck on for this voyser program that are getting paid And they had this little office I think it's out in California where they they maintain all the books still and they still communicate. It's only like five people left and this whole the whole program, but they're still still up and running and they're still paying them. So it's a good job if you can keep onto it.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, this proves conclusively, Science Mike, that the cell phones that we have that you know, they don't support with programs, you know, after a certain amount of years, just so you'll have to buy another one. The technology exists that this this iPhone I have could last me another ten years or twenty years if they actually put the technology that we had back in nineteen seventy seven and the voyager in this phone.
Speaker 1: But no, that's that's a good thing. Yeah, so that's a money gouge.
Speaker 2: I tell you what I'm gonna I'm gonna give you just a moment to recoup, and I want you to think of maybe a couple more things. We'll come back and we'll take a break, all right, Science Mic, it's Saturday morning on a Tuesday night cap kind of and more Science Mic in just a moment.
Speaker 28: One seven College ka as College Need.
Speaker 2: It's the nightcap at seven hundred w l W getting past the labor day malaise and back into some meaty topics unless it's red meat, and then our guest might have a problem with it. Racocostelano is here Rococostelano dot com. He writes it at least three or four articles almost every day for his website. Again, that's Roco R c Ceo Costelano.
Speaker 1: Spell it c A s t E l l a n o dot com. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's encouraging when a guest can spell his own last name.
Speaker 22: Yeah, no, it really is, it really is. You got some quality people coming up here. Absolutely, so let's talk in a few minutes. We got tonight, Roco. Uh about some things that you have brought to my attention. And this one really mystifies me about the impact of an biotics on memory. And they did some tests with mice, Uh, antibiotics and cognitive decline in mice. Why is it a bad thing to take antibiotics? They're lifesavers. Penicillin's a lifesaver. Amoxicillin does wonderful things. Augmenting can really help listen.
Speaker 2: I took a couple of augmented and my tooth infection was completely gone.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know.
Speaker 22: I have to tell you antibiotics are absolutely the best thing for infections, but they're not the best thing for your gut. And when and I've been doing a lot of studying on the gut and the gut a microbiome and a microbiotic and antibiotics are exactly that antibiotics, right, So when you're going after something, you know, well, the gut has UH has a good back heia and and it has back a bad bacteria and you have to and you need that bad bacteria. I mean, you absolutely need it to balance out or else you get something called called UH dys biosis. And this biosis is just a fancy word.
Speaker 2: For the imbalance of UH of the gut. You know about call it bad bacteria if you need it.
Speaker 1: Well, well, because it's a negative bacteria.
Speaker 2: So it's right, you know, and and our our immune system is basically eighty percent in the gut and so it's constantly you know, fighting and and constantly going after this. So so the good bacteria needs an enemy basically, that's kind of what so and kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it absolutely is.
Speaker 22: And so when you take antibiotics, they it goes after and kills everything.
Speaker 1: So it's it's a scorched earth.
Speaker 2: So it kills. It kills the good bacteria too. It kills the good and and of the band. And I killed a lot of good bacteria inside my body. Yes, over the years, Well everyone happened. Well everyone, uh, you know, I get through a water maze to save my life right now because of all the antibiotics I've ingested over the years.
Speaker 22: Roco, Well, you know, we all have. And and that's why I really wrote this. You know, I wrote this post because I think that the more people that understand what antibiotics are supposed to do and what they they actually do will help in the future because the impact on the brain and the memory and the gut brain access is something that no one talks about. And dementia is a is a really big problem in America today. And also, well we have we have a president that has a cognitive What's.
Speaker 2: What's a big problem today, Roger, No, seriously, what did you say, Oh, a dementia And you know a dementia can.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can repeated till you get it right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so you know, so we have we know everyone out there knows someone with some type.
Speaker 22: Of of of a cognitive decline. So I want more people to understand that the gut, if if you have a healthy gut, you will.
Speaker 1: Absolutely be helping your brain.
Speaker 22: And and when you have that healthy gut, you'll also contribute to having a healthy brain. And and like a lot of the things that happen with the with the gut bacteria and the and the antibiotics is that once you kill that off, it's very hard to get if you're not eating a certain foods like fermented foods like a fiber and the you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, tell me what kind of foods would I want to eat to help my brain to rebuild my brain for all the all the brain cells and gut cells I've destroyed by taking antibiotics for real infections.
Speaker 22: Well, so so if you do take antibiotics, you want to while you are taking them, you want to do a fermented foods like kim chi. You want to yeah, a saur kraft, a kimchi, a yogurt, a keffer you know uh these you know, like these a probiotic and always always look on the on the label and make sure that it says live, uh live cultures because a lot of the stuff.
Speaker 1: It says probiotics, but they're all dead, right.
Speaker 22: And so so if you have a dead probiotic, it doesn't work. It's just a dead bacteria that you're putting in your body, and it creates a sinesseen cell or a or a zombie cell. And we don't want zombie cells, you know, uh, traveling through our body, because I don't want zombie anything.
Speaker 1: Well that's what you know that that show The Walking Dead.
Speaker 22: Yeah, well imagine your bacteria looking like that in your body.
Speaker 1: And that's really upset.
Speaker 2: My wife once about the wall looking dead, because she really liked the show, the series, and the first time I watched it with her, I made fun. I said, well they went they spared no expense with with writing scripts for these people. They all all the characters said that they didn't. They didn't, they didn't spend Yeah, not as good as me. You don't want zombie biotics in your bomby cells. Zombie zombie cells exactly less than essen cells. It's just dead cells, you know.
Speaker 22: And when you pile up all these dead cells or zombie cells, it's it's just garbage, you know. I mean, it's literally like a waste a dump in your body, and so when you go to a waste them, you see things rotting, and that's kind of what happens in your body.
Speaker 2: We've got all kinds of people in this country on weight loss drugs, Roco, and I tell you what, when we come back, we'll talk about another perhaps not so pleasant side effects of using these weight loss drugs. And I'll take us to break with a little zombie for you.
Speaker 15: The seven hundred w ol W Mike Strucy Ford and Milford and Alexandria Football Front Seat live from the Holy Grail, getting you ready for the Bengals home opener against Think for You, presented my Encore Technology Skyline from the Airport Painting Plotty Broadcast Area phone in on the Guilty Hotline Friday at three on seven hundred w l W, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 28: One eight seven seven colors You Kids ka r as cars Were Kids one eat seven seven calls We're Kids.
Speaker 29: You donate your card today at Cars for Kids dot org that's Cars with a K. Your car can be picked up as soon as the next day, receive a tax deduction and vacation Valley now accepting donations of planned homes, buildings, or any kind of real estate.
Speaker 7: Summer was fun. It was great, wasn't it. But it's time to get your own fresh and clean for the fall. Call Zero's carpet and ended up cleaning.
Speaker 2: It's the nightcap at seven hundred w LW, getting past the labor day malaise and back into some meaty topics unless it's red meat, and then our guest might have a problem with it. Racocostelano is here Rococostelano dot com. He writes it at least three or four articles almost every day for his website. Again, that's Raco ro c Ceo Costelano.
Speaker 1: Spell it c A S t E l l a n o dot com. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's encouraging when a guest can spell his own last name.
Speaker 22: Yeah, no, it really is. It really is. You have some quality people coming up here. Absolutely, So let's talk in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: We got tonight, Rocko about some things that you have brought to my attention, and this one really mystifies me about the impact of antibiotics on memory. And they did some tests with mice antibiotics and cognitive decline in mice. Why is it a bad thing to take antibiotics, they're lifesavers. Penicellin's a lifesaver. Amoxicillin does wonderful things. Augmenting can really help. Listen, I took a couple of augmenting and my tooth infection was completely gone.
Speaker 22: Well, and you know, I have to tell you, antibiotics are absolute the best thing for infections, but they're not the best thing for your gut. And when and I've been doing a lot of studying on the gut, and the gut a microbiome and a microbiota, and antibiotics are exactly.
Speaker 1: That anti biotics.
Speaker 22: Right, So when you're going after something, you know, well, the gut has UH has a good bacteria and the and it has back a bad bacteria, and you have to and you need that bad bacteria. I mean, you absolutely need it to balance out or else you get something called called UH dys biosis. And this biosis is just a fancy word for the imbalance of UH of the gut.
Speaker 2: You know about call it bad bacteria if you need it, well, well, because it's a negative bacteria.
Speaker 1: So it's right, you know, And.
Speaker 2: And our our immune system is basically eighty percent in the gut, and so it's constantly you know, fighting and and constantly going after this.
Speaker 1: So so the good bacteria needs an enemy.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's kind of what so Yin and yang kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that absolutely is.
Speaker 22: And so when you take antibiotics, they it goes after and kills everything.
Speaker 1: So it's it's a scorched earth.
Speaker 2: So it kills. It kills the good bacteria too. It kills the good and of the bad. And I've killed a lot of good bacteria inside my body, yes, over the years.
Speaker 1: Well everyone happened. Well everyone, uh, you know, I get through a.
Speaker 2: Water maze to save my life right now because of all the antibiotics I've ingested over the years.
Speaker 22: RACKA, well, you know, we all have. And and that's why I really wrote this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 22: I wrote this post because I think that the more people that understand what antibiotics are supposed to do and what they they actually do will help in the future because the impact on the brain and the memory and the gut brain access is something that no one talks about, and dementia is a is a really big problem in America today. And also, well we have we have a president that has a cognitive what's what's a big problem today. Er, No, seriously, what did you say, Oh, a dementia and you know a dementia.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can, I repeated to you, get it right?
Speaker 2: But yeah, so you know, so we have we know, everyone out there knows someone with some type.
Speaker 22: Of of of a cognitive decline. So I want more people to understand that the gut, if if you have a healthy gut, you will.
Speaker 1: Absolutely be helping your brain.
Speaker 22: And and when you have that healthy gut, you'll also contribute to having a healthy brain. And and like a lot of the things that happened with the with the gut bacteria and the and the antibiotics is that once you kill that off, it's very hard to get if you're not eating certain foods like fermented foods like a fiber and the you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, tell me what kind of foods would I want to eat to help my brain to rebuild my brain for all the all the brain cells and gut cells I've destroyed by taking antibiotics for real infections.
Speaker 22: Well, so, so if you do take antibiotics, you want to while you are taking them, Yes, you want to do a fermented foods like kim chi, you want to? Yeah, a saur kraft, a kimchi, a yogurt, a keffer, you know, uh these you know, like these a probiotics and always always look on the on the label and make sure that it says live uh live cultures, because a lot of the stuff it says probiotics.
Speaker 1: But the world dead, right.
Speaker 22: And so so if you have a dead probiotic, it doesn't work. It's just a dead a bacteria that you're putting in your body and it creates a Senessen cell or a or a zombie cell. And we don't want zombie cells, you know, uh, traveling through our body because I don't want zombie anything.
Speaker 2: Well that's what showed you know that that show The Walking Dead.
Speaker 22: Yeah, well imagine your bacteria looking like that in your body.
Speaker 1: And that's really upset.
Speaker 2: My wife once about The Walking Dead because she really liked the show, the series, and the first time I watched it with her, I made fun. I said, well, they went they spared no expense with with writing scripts for these people. They all all the characters said that they didn't. They didn't, they didn't spend Yeah, not as good as me. You don't want zombie biotics in your body cells, zombie zombie cells exactly less than essen cells.
Speaker 1: It's just dead cells, you know.
Speaker 22: And when you pile up all these dead cells or zombie cells, it's it's just garbage, you know. I mean, it's literally like a waste a dump in your body. And so when you go to a waste them, you see things rotting, and that's kind of what happens in your body.
Speaker 2: We've got all kinds of people in this country on weight loss drugs, Roco, and I tell you what, when we come back, we'll talk about another perhaps not so pleasant side effects of using these weight loss drugs, and I'll take us to break with a little zombie for you.
Speaker 15: The seven hundred W l W Mike Strucy Ford and Milford and Alexandria Football Frontze live from the Holy Grail, getting you ready for the Bengals home over or presented by Encore Technology Skyline from the airport Paint in Body Broadcast Area ohone in on the Guilty Hotline Friday at three on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 28: One eight seven seven Collars for Kids, ka RS cars were Kis one eat seven seven Cars for Kids. Donate your car today.
Speaker 2: Donate today and Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 29: Your car can be picked up as soon as the next day, receive a tax deduction and vacation Valley.
Speaker 28: Seven seven Cars for Kids. Donate your cards.
Speaker 29: Today now accepting donations of land, homes, buildings, or any kind of real estate.
Speaker 7: Summer was fun. It was great, wasn't it. But it's time to get your own fresh and clean for the fall. Call Zero's Carpet and are cleaning car.
Speaker 14: Back with Brocco Goshelano on this nightcap on an und W l W and Rock talking about a new study that has linked something called semi glue tides, which sound delicious by.
Speaker 2: The way, a semi glue tide, but yeah, similar glue tide to weight loss drugs to suicidal ideation. So people are yesterday, I think it was National Suicide Awareness Day and along with being Labor Day, so I guess this is a pertinent topic. But there are a lot of people on weight loss drugs, all these advertised on TV and everything else. This is this causing another problem that maybe hadn't been considered up to this point.
Speaker 1: Well it is. It is because you know, a fat people tend to.
Speaker 22: They don't want to do the work, or they don't or the doctors don't help them to do to go down the path of a doing real work.
Speaker 2: So what I love about you you right off the bat, you don't mention any word. You say fat people, But they're not liquidly enhanced.
Speaker 1: They're not lipidly you know, they're not They're not you know, chubby.
Speaker 22: There's you know, when you have three hundred pounds or four hundred pounds and you're you know, and you're still stuffing your face and you don't stop. You know, I wish that doctors would go after the life patients, well the patients there life. So but also most fat people have a have a mental health issue or a physical health you know, like there's a medical reason.
Speaker 2: Why, oh the one I hear all the time, I've got a thyroid condition.
Speaker 1: I can't help it.
Speaker 22: Or but you know what, if you have a thyroid condition, there are ways to fix that.
Speaker 1: There are absolutely ways to fix that.
Speaker 2: And but's what you're saying is there's not necessarily an easy way to alter your lifestyle, an easy way because it didn't take you, it didn't take you, you know, five days to get four hundred pounds. It's not gonna get you know, it's not gonna take you five days to get thin again. And and that's where I think that a lot of these trainers out there, doctors and the and these doctors that are that are prescribing and also medical spas. I'm I'm sick of these medical spas that are that are prescribing.
Speaker 1: Uh, like semi.
Speaker 2: Glue tide is is what's in It's a peptide that's in the in a wagovi and ozembic and and what's happening And and this study that was published in the jama A Network Open you know, a publication would uh like the scientists gathered all the data from like the World Health Organization's database, and they found that forty five percent of the people forty five percent of the people that take these.
Speaker 1: Drugs semi Yeah, WELLGOVI oh is that big?
Speaker 22: And there's a few other ones out there, but those are the big ones that everyone knows about.
Speaker 2: Forty greater likelihood of suicidal ideation compared to other drugs. Yeah, I mean the imagine in the who's database, right, imagine forty five percent. So so forty five.
Speaker 22: Out of every hundred or four out of every ten people are going to have.
Speaker 2: They entertained suicidal thoughts, right, And I mean and and and you know, if they're if they're entertaining these thoughts, what are these doctors who are prescribing or you know, or these medical practitioners doing in case this is happening then?
Speaker 22: And they're not telling there is no informed consent. And that's what really Uh, that's you know, that's what really Yeah, because when you're doing when you're supposed to take the patient's health health not sickness into account, you're and you're not informing some because most people, especially when you're you're using a drug that affects your gut.
Speaker 1: We just talked about the gut with antibiotics.
Speaker 22: This affects the guts, gut, and you're usually almost every single person that takes this drug is actually starving themselves. So when you starve yourself, right, when you starve yourself, your gut takes a beating. I mean it takes a real beating. Now, when you're fasting, it's a different story. But when you're taking drugs to make like to make your body think that it's not hungry anymore, right, you're creating a real you know, a real uh gut issue, and then your immune system goes and then you know, and that's the reason why, like that gut brain access that I talked about earlier is why this suicidal ideation is actually happening, because it's affecting the brain and most of depression.
Speaker 1: Most of depression.
Speaker 22: They found if you if you take take a prebiotics, a post bio, I mean a probiotics and they and you have a proper diet, eighty percent of you know, a fiber or a fiber rich compared to you know, to a protein based you will not have a depression.
Speaker 1: You'll not have so fiber over protein.
Speaker 22: You're saying, oh yeah, well, eighty percent of your diet should always be of you know, a vegetables, fruits, you know, and then and then have you know, anywhere between a ten to twenty percent meat, even though I do keto, you know, in a secular way, I always have uh, you know, eighty percent of my of my food intake is going to be a.
Speaker 1: Vegetables and fruit bowl you eat for dinner tonight. Give me an example, an.
Speaker 2: Example of what I eat will most likely be, uh, a chicken, asparagus, a whole chicken.
Speaker 1: No, not a whole chicken.
Speaker 22: Chicken, Yeah, a chicken, a four ounce to six ounce uh piece of chicken, a breast like chicken breast or a slice of breast with with a big salad. I have, like this huge salad that I always taken, uh, that I always.
Speaker 1: Taken and I and I'll usually do that for launch.
Speaker 2: Really like real bacon bits in my salad.
Speaker 22: Well, you know, I don't really take in that much bacon anymore. I used to. That's well, it's it's just me candy. I mean, I just love it.
Speaker 1: It really is. It really is. And but you know, so, but you can do that.
Speaker 22: You can take in a bacon and you can take it as long as you as you're doing the other stuff, like the fiber rich foods.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's because the thought yeah.
Speaker 22: Well and and the most important thing about fiber is that uh is that it's a prebiotic that feeds your probiotic.
Speaker 1: So all a probiotic.
Speaker 2: Is is a good bacteria that that's a needed h.
Speaker 22: To break down, you know, like the nutrients in your in your uh, in your.
Speaker 2: Intestinal I got an idea for our podcast. I think we ought to do a cooking with Rocco Podcasting. Yeah yeah, listen. Thanks Rocco Costellano. You can check him out at rococostellano dot com and uh again, great articles published every week. He writes about everything uh that's health and fitness related. And he's on the Nightcap with us tonight. I appreciate your time, brother, thanks you great care. It's the Nightcap and rolls on on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Count Down to the Bengals Home of charge It by Rick Durrant Phillips Jewelers voted best place to buy your engagement rate kickoff in five ds on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals covering.
Speaker 11: News, traffic, and weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 30: The DOJ files charges on several Humas leaders. With the eleven o'clock reports, I'm Ley mawin breaking now six Hamas leaders charged by the US Department of Justice. According to documents on sealed Tuesday, These charges were filed in February. As ABC's Christian Cordero has the details from Washington, d c.
Speaker 31: The six Hamas leaders charged by the DOJ include Yaya Sinwar, who Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln has described as the primary decider and ceasefire negotiators. The DOJ's charges stem from the deaths of Americans in Israel on October seventh, and accuse the group of financing and directing a decades long campaign against Americans. The complaint was filed in February and unsealed this week. A DOJ official says, in part because three of the name defendants are deceased. Christian Cordero, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 30: Attorney General Merrick Garland says these charges are just one part of an effort to target every aspect of hamasa's operations.
Speaker 23: We will continue to support the whole of government effort to bring the Americans still being held hostage home. The charges unsealed today are just one part of our effort to target every aspect of hamasa's operations. These actions will not be our last.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 30: The latest traff again weather together, no accidents once again, but more row construction. The on ramp from Louvelan Madeira Road on to two seventy five East that will be closed in until four point thirty tomorrow morning, and of course the westbound Norwood lateral will be closed. They are aiming to reopen it by the middle of this month. I believe September fourteenth, the last date I saw. There is also construction on I two seventy five eastbound at Lovela Madera at I seventy five between Glendale Milford Road and I two seventy five, with some more construction starting around the Norwood Lateral. Take your time or find alternatives if you don't want to wait now.
Speaker 19: The latest forecast from the Advanced Dentistry Weather Center Advanced Dentistry, the judgment free dental experience you've been looking for, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 18: A few more clouds filtering in through the overnight into early Wednesday, temperatures dropping down to sixty, which is seasonal in a east wind right around five to ten miles per hour. Wednesday southeasterly winds at five to fifteen pulls in a little more humidity, much more warmth, and a lot more cloud cover, partly to mostly cloudy. We're looking at a high of eighty seven from there. Thursday eighty eight, sunny, eighty seven, Friday, spotty showers and storms late, then the weekend feeling like fall.
Speaker 1: From any severe weather station.
Speaker 18: I'm nine first one to metiora ologist Brandon Spinner News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Nothing on the radar.
Speaker 1: It's sixty three degrees.
Speaker 30: A three vehicle crash in Claremont County left one person dead several others injured.
Speaker 16: Ohio State Highway Patrol says it was just after two o'clock Tuesday afternoon at State Route thirty two on Harold Robin. A vehicle operated by twenty six year old Robert Sherman and Mount rib entered the intersection and was struck by another vehicle driven by seventy one year old Jenny Stall Blanchester as Sherman's vehicle then struck a third vehicle being operated by fifty eight year old Miles Harrigan of Aberdeen. Sherman treated for minor injuries at the scene, while a passenger in his vehicle, fifty one year old Tasty Sherman, died at Claremont Mercy Hospital and another seventy one year old passenger suffered serious injuries. Stall hospitalized with minor injuries, with an eighteen year old passenger also treated for minor injuries at UC Medical Center. Harrigan and a fifty eight year old female passenger taken to Bethesa North Hospital with minor injuries. The crash remains under investigation. I'm Sean Gallagher, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Off day to day for the Reds, but the series against the Houston Astros continues tomorrow evening. Join us on the Big One, starting at five pin forty with the inside pitch six forty first pitch Nick Martinez at the start. We're down to five days to go until the start of the twenty twenty four Bengals season. On Sunday, Cincinnati will welcome in the New England Patriots to pay Corps for one o'clock kickoff. Listening on ESPN fifteen thirty or w EBM one O two point seven.
Speaker 2: For the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 1: FC Cincinnati update.
Speaker 30: Winger Luca Arishano voted as the Major League Soccer Player of the Match Day for his two cool performance over CF Montreal last Saturday. It's the second Match Day award for the Argentinian, first winning it on Match Day sixteen. The Orange blow were off this weekend but returned to TQL Stadium next Saturday for hell Is Reel against the Columbus Crew And you see update. Former Cole Rank Cardinal defensive tackle Dante Corleone, cleared to play after being diagnosed with blood clots and his lungs less than three months ago, hosts The Pitt Panther Saturday at noon for wear Red Day. Our next up that is at eleven thirty. I'm Lee mawin News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Compassion International.
Speaker 9: Every day a child in poverty waits for a sponsor is another day of hopelessness. There are thousands of kids who've been waiting over a year and their wait.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Nightcap another hour. You're on seven hundred WLWGJ in the driver's seat and joining us for the ride. In this half hour. Former US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, the author of Sledgehammer, which was a number one best seller and now a brand new book. Very simply one Jewish state. And you know, you hear the diplomats in Washington, you talk at nauseum about there's a two state solution, there's a two state solution. Well, there's no two state solution in my opinion. You know, I'll let David elaborate on this as long as one of those sides once the other one not to exist. And that is what we have right now in Israel between the Palestinians whomever they are, their Erab Muslims for the most part, and they just their ideology says Israel should never exist. And that's been their way almost from the very formation of the Jewish State after World War Two. As Ambassador to Israel, US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman was instrumental in one of the architects of the Abraham Accords, which was finally bringing peace to this region during Donald Trump's administration, and that pretty much has been dismantled by this current presidential administration. So to talk about the book and to talk about what's currently going on in the Middle East, David Friedman, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Gary. Great to be with you, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And you and I were talking.
Speaker 2: It's not just Hamas, it's not just Tesbellah, it's not just the Iranian proxies and Iran itself that threatens Israel every single minute of every single hour of every single day. But it's been going on at nauseum since nineteen forty eight, since the formation of the Jewish State in the Holy Land that God gave to the Jews thousands of years ago?
Speaker 1: So what's it life?
Speaker 2: What's it like every day life for an Israeli citizen, for a Jew who's inn a Israeli citizen, Yes, so.
Speaker 5: Gary, you would think that, you know, in a country that's been around it's.
Speaker 2: Been going on at nauseum since nineteen forty eight, since the formation of the Jewish state in the Holy Land that God gave to the Jews thousands of years ago.
Speaker 1: So what's it life?
Speaker 2: What's it like every day life for an Israeli citizen, for a Jew who's inn a Israeli citizen.
Speaker 5: Yes, so, Gary, you would think that, you know, in a country that's been around for seventy five years, that's not had a single day of peace, standing its challenges, but now the challenges right now are greater than ever. And you know, like Israel has, Israel can manage its enemies. You know, I hate to say this, The question is can Israel manage its friends?
Speaker 6: You know, the the enemies.
Speaker 5: We know who they are, you know, and Israel stronger than them, and Israel smarter than them, and Israel will defeat them, even even Iran. You know, if if it's given the opportunity. Iran is no match for Israel, and we saw that over the last few months when they tried to attack Israel and Israel responded by just you know, kind of killing, you know, the head of Ramats in the most protected room, probably in the entire city of Tehran. So it's not Israel against the enemies. The question is, you know, Israel depends so much on our country or the United States. It needs it needs so much, It needs ammunition, it needs diplomatic supported, it has a very strong economic relationship. And you know, the questions will America be there for Israel, and they're they're not. They're not there now, and we haven't seen you know, you saw you saw yesterday when you know, when they asked Joe Biden if Nataniaho's doing enough to free the hostages, and he said no, I mean on a day that six hostages were buried on them, most traumatic day in the history of Israel, probably since October seventh. And he says, you know, to these Raelies, you're a democratic leader doesn't really care about the hostages, which is a complete lie, and poured you know, kerosene on on on a fire that was going that was blazing in Israel because the people are so divided and angry and frustrated over what's happened over the last eleven months. So you know, with the right friends and you know, you know, you know, if you saw Israel, the UK announced a couple of days ago, they were they were cutting off arms armship, it's the Israel. So you know, in America and the UK Israel's two greatest friends. So you know, this puts into you know, pretty sharp focus where where America is going to be in the next in the next few months, and it's it's really a life or death decision for Israel.
Speaker 2: Historically there everybody has known who the Jews are, who the Israelis are for thousands and thousands of years. And as a Christian who believes that America was founded on Judeo Christian values, and I still believe that to this day because it's historically a fact. I don't know how a Christian could turn against the State of Israel or the Jewish people. I don't understand how our government could turn against the only thing close to a democracy.
Speaker 1: It's the only democracy in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how we could turn our backs we certainly didn't turn our backs on Ukraine when Russia invaded because it was evil Vladimir Putin. But turn our backs or deny arms that have already been voted on and approved by Congress to give to Israel in their fight against these murderers and rapist I don't understand how that can happen. And the other question when I started preface, we know who the Jewish people are, we know what Israel is and has been for thousands of years. I still don't know who the Palestinians are exactly. I always contend that it's kind of a made up name for a bunch of Arabs who were rejected originally in Jordan and other countries in the Middle East. But their only mission, it seems that people who call themselves Palestinians, is to wipe Israel off the map. We hear this from the river to the Sea all the time, and I'm going, well, yeah, I kind of believe in the river from the sea too, but it's only the way you believe it and stated it in one Jewish state that belongs to Israel, that is the Jewish holy land that belongs to them, and they will welcome anyone into their society as citizens, is long as those people that they're welcoming in don't want to kill them.
Speaker 1: Have I surmised? Have I kind of.
Speaker 5: You've captured it as well as any anyone else I've ever heard try to capture it.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: And you know, we'll pick up on the point you made about the about the Palestinians. Look, you know, Palestine was first of all, Palestine was was was created fourteen hundred years before any Arab ever said foot in Palestine. It was basically the name given to the by the Romans after they conquered conquered the Lynks. They wanted to insult the Jews and Jews biggest enemy and biblical times were the Philistines, so they gave her that name and and and then you know Jews lived there, and there were Palestinian Jews. I mean, there were there were times when most of Palestine was Jewish and then the Jews formed Israel. And so you know, Yasir Arafat kind of appropriated the brand, if you will, and that's all it is.
Speaker 6: It's a brand, you know.
Speaker 5: And he and you know, in nineteen nineteen sixties he created this Palestinian movement. And it was always a terror movement.
Speaker 13: It was never.
Speaker 5: Anything more than a terror movement to this day. You know, if you look, you know, you ask me who were the great thinkers about Palestinian society.
Speaker 1: You know, what were there?
Speaker 5: What was there thinking about whether to create a parliamentary democracy, a monarchy, you know, a democracy. They never thought about those stuffs. You know, what kind of economy where they have? You know, you know, how would people live, freedom of relation? Nothing, There's no George Washington's or Thomas Jefferson's there. Their entire movement from day one until today is to destroy the Jewish people. That's all it's ever been. And so you know, and and here's the proof, like we can we could look Israel.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, And he kind of burbled up there for a second. But I just make sure you're no, it's okay. Yeah, look, look, look look at the facts.
Speaker 5: Israel gave Gaza to the Palestinians in two thousand and five they had previously controlled. If there's not a single Jew living in Gaza, there's never a single army boot on the ground in Gaza since two thousand and five. And the people of guys that got billions of dollars and they're sitting on territory with a beautiful western facing veterterrane in the in view. And they proceeded to have elections.
Speaker 6: And who do they elect.
Speaker 5: They elected Hamas the worst terror organization in the world. They want to comas to do with all the billions of dollars. They didn't build hotels, they didn't build hospitals, they didn't build schools, built you know, the most elaborate network of terror tunnels and terror weapons anywhere else in the world. And that's the Palestinian state that was created when Israel left. I think there was a Palestinian state. It's Gaza. And look what they did with it. Now, you know, Biden says, well, you know, the way we fix this problem was we created a second Palestinian state in the West Bank or as you know, Judae and Samaria, as people of those biblical backgrounds call it. It'll be Gaza on steroids. It will destroy the Jewish people, it will be terror it'll be radicalized, and it will terrorize everyone. It won't make anybody happier. And by the way, the Palestinians themselves, you know, not the ones who were you know who were leading these terror organizations, but the ones who are just misfortunate enough to live under their rule, they don't want a Palestinian state. They don't want to live they know these people are corrupt. That no system of uman rights and as system of justice and economic fairness, I mean only people. The only entity that can control Juday and Samary in a way that de radicalizes the people, empowers the people, allows them to achieve their God given human potential is the State of Israel. And by the way, is also happens to be God's vision as well that the Jewish people would have sovereignty over their biblical homelands.
Speaker 2: Well, David Friedman, again the author of One Jewish State, you were instrumental one of the architects of the Abraham Accords during Donald Trump's administration, and would you say that the difference between Donald Trump's presidency and the Joe Biden presidency has been a day and night situation where it comes to our relationship with.
Speaker 1: The State of Israel.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's never been more defined, I think, no question, no question. So what happens if the Democrat Party, and it is the Democrat Party continues to acquiesce and cowtow to these George Soros funded, Iranian backed protesters. I mean, we're college is back in session and we're seeing them ramp right back up after the feckless response from administrators and President's last spring. It's obviously and these people have no idea what they're even protesting, most of them, some of them are merely paid protesters, mercenaries for the cause. And then there are you know, impressionable, basically ill informed college students who are joining in because that's what young people do, they join in to a movement. So what happens if in November Donald Trump is re elected. I can imagine all hell breaking loose from those factions. But I can also imagine maybe this war, with this current war with Hamas is over pretty quickly.
Speaker 5: Yes, the answer, the answer is yes. I think that. I think it's even bigger. It's even bigger than that. You know, Look, I think you know empires, you know have arcs, you know, they they they begin and then they they they move along and then they start to decline. Ottoman Empire, British Empire, Roman, you know, name your empire, they have an arc and they and the question really is, are we at the end of the American empire because if if if Trump's not elected, I think what you'll have with Biden is you'll have this this continuous movement, this Marxist socialist you know, the movement against Israelis. It's not it's not really against Israel. Israelis was the galvanizing moment.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: They they took pictures of poor you know, guys and children. By the way, some of those pictures were from the Syrian Civil War, but nobody cares about the accuracy, right, so, right, But but they take these pictures, they get people very obs and you know, no, you no human being is indifferent to a picture of a wounded child. And I get that. So they're very effective doing that. But once once they got them, once they got them, you know, kind of on the hook. Okay, then it became down with America. Then it became you know, you know where Marxist, we're social We're going to destroy America. So it's all one fight. And and the question is, you know, most of these people, uh, if they're ill informed, we have to inform them better. If we inform them better by cutting off the funding to the universities that are you know, providing stypans to people to teach this crap. And whether it's whether it's the universities, whether whether it's the people who are here on fake visas or full scholarships that don't belong here. I mean Trump, Trump, you know understands this that we've sort of been invaded in a in a very effective way by America's enemies. And it's the same fight, you know, here or in Israel. And the question is are we gonna Are we going to stand for the American Empire and keep it going because it's the best chance for the last best chances for the world to have peace and prosperity, you know, or are we going to lose it? And and and you know, this is just the beginning. I think of a movement that will continue to consume us unless we unless we, you know, move in a different direction. So yeah, and as for Israel, I think yeah, I think Trump will could do some things very very quickly. Most important, and you know this is the from the Middle Eastern perspective, this is the key. The key is that when we left the office, Iran had a GDP of about one hundred and eighty hundred ninety billion dollars and cost some SULA money had been eliminated by by by the United States. It was the lead architect of Iranian terror. Today, the Iranian GDP is about four hundred and fifty billion dollars. Countries don't double triple their GDP overnight, you know, because they you know, they make better products. I mean, this is not a startup company, this is Iran. They made all this extra money, but this America stopped enforcing sanctions, and they allow Auran to sell oil to Russian to sell oil to China. I mean, all the countries that we're either at war with or you know, massively challenged by, we're feeding them. We're giving them money. It's it's perverse. So you know, Trump comes in and and in in two days, you know, he can he can go back to bankrupting run in two days. He can cut off funding. He can cut off cut off funding to UNRA, which is the un partner of US. He can cut off funding to the to the Palestinians who pay terrorists, you know, slide pins to kill you. Just there's a lot of stuff he can do overnight. And uh, and that's what we did, and that's what we had a period of four years without any wars, and we make peace and we were able to, you know, normalize relations between Israel, Israel and Muslim countries without giving up any of Israel's biblical territory. I mean, we got a lot of good things done thanks to President Trump, and and it was almost all of it was given away by Biden. So we can get it back. It's it's the choice of the American people. If people want it back, if they think it was better. I mean, certainly, as somebody who who you know cares deeply about the US Israel relationship, it's massively better if we change administrations. But you know, it's really the future of the country. We're at that point in the history of our empire.
Speaker 2: Where do you have, David, do you have played do you have have plans of possibly being a part of a second Trump administration? I have hopes.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not up to me, you know, it's up.
Speaker 6: To the big guy.
Speaker 5: So he has to win the election and then he has to call me up and say, hey, you want to come back.
Speaker 2: I hope that happens.
Speaker 5: Nothing nothing greater than serving this country's really I mean, I mean, I mean, in terms of in terms of, you know, bringing meaning to your life. If you have the chance to serve the United States in an area where you care about and think you can help, it's it is the greatest, greatest honor and the greatest feeling that you can have.
Speaker 6: So of course I would do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Former Ambassador to Israel, US Ambassador to Israel, the author of the number one sledgehammer, and now one Jewish state, the last best hope to resolve the Israeli Palestinian conflict. David Friedman joining us on the nightcap. Thank you so much for your time. God bless you, and let's keep praying well.
Speaker 5: God bless you to thank you for your your your your comments and observations.
Speaker 2: They were right on points.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it very much.
Speaker 1: You bet you.
Speaker 2: We continue with the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Hey there, what's for at dinner tonight?
Speaker 2: Take out again? Of course, the Buggles who were more wrong than anybody else about making predictions of the social and communications situation in these here United States in twenty twenty four. Yeah, first it was television that was going to kill radio. God, we had pictures, and then it was video was going to be the end of music radio.
Speaker 1: And while you may or may not.
Speaker 2: Enjoy what music radio you have, you're still listening to it. By and large, about ninety five percent of the country gets their information even with all the other ways that we have to get information from the radio. And I'll tell you what, when it comes to radio, I don't know if anybody loves it more, either the actual idea and the transmission of radio broadcast or the conveyance thereof with some classic machines that he has been laboring over in the Pineapple Palace there just to the other side of Indianapolis now for years. He's a guy who obviously has a very understanding wife, or maybe he's just got her well medicated. I'm not sure to put up with all this stuff walking through Walking through his home is like a journey back in time and is also like an obstacle course if you go down in the basement where all the radios and the parts are. And he's prominently featured every Saturday morning on my Saturday Morning show. So now joining us on the show that's not supposed to be on tonight, the one and only Old Radio Rick and you can reach them at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com Ricky, how are you welcome?
Speaker 13: Great Jerry, Jeff, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: You bet, you bet.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I love the most about our conversations on Saturday morning is you will invariably have a catalog that's an advertisement for a particular radio, and you will read the description that they they glowingly and sometimes unknowingly make themselves look silly with their description of the actual device they want you to buy, and a radio that you happen to be working on at the time. First and foremost, Rick, old radio. Rick, what is the oldest radio you have helped bring back to life? I mean year wise chronologically.
Speaker 13: Nineteen twenty four. It's a freed iceman like Fred with two e's, and it is what they call a tuned radio frequency or a TRF radio. It is just a big, long, rectangular box with three big knobs and a bunch of little knobs. And I love it because, if nothing else, there's a knob on the bottom to the right that has the word quality on it. And why would you ever turn that down? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Exactly we want less quality out of this receiver?
Speaker 13: Yes? Oh too much quality? For down the quality Dad?
Speaker 2: So how have you been have you worked any with with non tube radios more recent additions, and what kind of stuff can can you do with those?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 13: I have and basically a lot of from the nineteen sixties and seventies. I try to avoid them as much as I can for a couple of reasons. Number one, it's the harder to work on. The circuit boards are harder to work on, and the circuit boards were all the transistors and components are soldered into they have a whole different kind of age related problem, and I don't necessarily have all the right soldering equipment for those. The number two, I'm a bit rusty even though it was all about transistors and integrated circuits when I went to school and got my WT from Purdue University and relearned and unlearned a lot of stuff I learned growing up growing up at a TV repair shop that was run by a chief procrastinator, to say the least, And sometimes I got punched in the face by a school bates who's televisions that sat in our basement for three months. Now I dand what was going on? Anyway, I try to avoid them. And the second of all, you've been so gracious, and it's amazing how many people have these wonderful heirlooms and great pieces of furniture that want them restored, and I prefer to focus on that which I'm more skilled at. Now there are several that I've done recently, and we'll do that. Oftentimes, will just come through the shop very quickly, even never leave the garage. They'll pull up and and I'll do something because sometimes for most of the time, I would say the volume control needs to be cleaned out because it's super scratchy when you turn it. Yeah, and it may also have just a a rotted power cord, but everything else is perfectly fine. So yeah, I turned some of those around, but I try to avoid them as much as I possibly can. Wind give it the reminder of my eyesight turning into a middle aged guy here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Now, you said you work for a TV. This was your dad, the TV repair man.
Speaker 13: Well, my dad was the one who tend to hoard the TVs into the into the house, and my uncle was the one that seemed to bail them out quite often. I learned a lot from my uncle, but my dad learned electronics in the Navy during the Korean war, but he wasn't an active duty and what I was. It was my freshman year at Perdu and one of the very kind professors that was wonderfully patient with me. It took me aside one day and said, you said something strange in class today, and he said, buying chance, did you work with somebody that was in the military in the fifties? And I said, oh, absolutely, And he said, yeah, I'm gonna have to unlearn some stuff from you. It's kind of like the difference between a doctor and an EMT is how he described it. Any years later in my life I got what that meant, because whether you're doing first aid or you're an EMT, or you're in the emergency room, how you handle, for example, CPR is completely different. So then not that we're doing CPR on radios, but do.
Speaker 2: You do you feel like you're more of a surgeon now than an EMT.
Speaker 13: Well, I feel like a doctor, only inasmuch as I'm still practicing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're more of a doctor than Jill Biden. That's good.
Speaker 2: Uh So I wanted to I wanted to get to uh. I did one one more question technical question Rick talking to old Radio Rick on the show that's not supposed to be on the nightcap. Uh and uh. The question is what's the latest. Anyone made a tube powered.
Speaker 13: Radio, Well, depending upon how you define it. Recently last couple of weeks even there are companies that are making two based radios, and it's especially high fi amplifiers that do have tubes for the output. They may not be classic tubes in some case they may be the different ones, but there is still the interest and very much like real to real tape decks for audio files and high fi equipment, stereo, full track, four track, et cetera are coming back into vogue because of the wonderful sound, and there's still quite a lot of them available. The warm tube sound is kind of coming back, and it may be a fad. It's certainly an expensive one, but I don't think two radios were ever cheap relatively speaking.
Speaker 2: So well, we have this and you're very familiar with it because you help bring it back to life, restored inside and out. This nineteen forty one Filco floor model that we have at the house that you helped us with immensely a couple of times, and my wife says it sounds like liquid gold. It's just there's so much difference between that compressed you know, a transistor and that kind of thing, circuit board radio and a tube radio.
Speaker 1: It's amazing the difference in sound.
Speaker 2: And it's just got the one speaker that's we don't have five speakers around the room, and that one speaker on that nineteen forty one fild Co flat fills up the room and it's just wonderful.
Speaker 1: It just sounds wonderful. It sounds so different.
Speaker 13: You remind me of a absolutely wonderful and the most eccentric fellow I've ever known in my life. Sadly we lost him about a dozen years ago, but he his name's Glenn Mayfield, and he invented what is known as the compensating transformer and has patents on that, and very few people have any idea what the heck we're talking about, but it doesn't ma. It was a genius. And he came into the lab one day and he took a liking to me for some reason. But but he walked up to me one day and said, I figured out the solution to the problem with guitar amplifiers. And I said, really, what's that?
Speaker 1: He knew?
Speaker 13: I noodled around with bass and so forth, and he said, well, it's easy if we just use mos FETs, so you get completely rid of that distortion problem. And I'm like, Glen, bless your heart, then go back to what you're doing in the lab, because this is not going to fix anything. You take away the distortion, you take away the market, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the distortion isn't a problem. It's a necessity when you're doing certain kinds of music.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: So did you have a collection of some interesting descriptions you wanted to relate to us about about radios that you've worked on from the catalogs?
Speaker 1: Did you have any of that that handy?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? You want to give me a tease on times so I don't run over too badly.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're fine. This is the show that's not supposed to be on so if it goes.
Speaker 13: Along where on Pirate Radio, that's right. So what I what I mentioned on Saturday. This is a grew Now twelve ninety one model. It's called the Shirley Temple. It's from nineteen thirty six. It is a bigger than life console with a giant dial and buttons and switches and everything else. But it has like this telephone dial that goes around the outside of the radio dial, So you stick your finger in there and swing the dial around to tune in the station. And in the one of the the advertisements, there's a quote and it says, it's fun I can tune this radio with one finger and get stations just as easy as mother or daddy, says Shirley Temple, lovely little twentieth century fox, a star seemed to appear in the Bowery Princess movie. Well got being known as the Shirley Temple because she was advertising, of course, but I thought it was funny. There are a few other details about this, which one of these throws back to the lead in music you played the first Just turn the teledal once like a telephone dial. Instantly the station you choose comes in, perfectly tuned. Get your fifteen favorite stations and fifteen seconds with teledyal as fast as you can flip a finger. I don't know how you flip a finger other than the one. Yeah, right, but yeah, fifty stations in fifteen seconds, and you'll have no idea what you were listening now.
Speaker 2: Now, can you imagine the ad if they had a picture, Did they have a picture of Shirley Temple too, or just a quote?
Speaker 13: Yeah, leaning against the radio? Absolutely all right.
Speaker 2: So imagine how effective that advertising would have been with with with Shirley Temple actually flipping a finger at the camera as she leans against the radio.
Speaker 1: That's that'd be hilarious.
Speaker 13: I hadn't thought of that, and I knew where you're going to love it now. This is this is the one that the sort of a throwback to the intro song, the slow, uncertain, old time way of tuning radios, the way you've always done it is gone forever, teledial is here el Okay, So apparently that didn't work. But the other question is, if it's so great, how come there was still a tuning knob on the radio?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 5: What did?
Speaker 2: Does thing just read your friggin mind and tune the radio for you? Let's let's move on. You have anything else that's handy? Oh you want to talk about real quick?
Speaker 13: This is funny. Nineteen forty one Filcho Transit tone quality compacts. These were very small nineteen forty forty one, even back to thirty eight, little plastic five two radios that Filco made very affordably. But I thought was funny, was he's here In the catalog At the very top, it says powerful six inch oval speaker, horizontal three color dial, three colors white brown and the red pointer and being power amplification. Immediately below that, it says, amazing new six inch oval speaker plus beam power amplification bring you the clearest, most natural tone with a horizontal three color dial. Okay, fine, So I get down to the first model PT two for a new full six inch oval speaker with superb tone with entirely new supertrodition circuit with being power tube built in loop and horizontal three colored tile. That's like, I got it the first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they did.
Speaker 2: They want to repeat that message over and over again, you know, like the ads you still hear on the radio today that lists the phone number about five times at the end, just in case you missed it, the first three exactly.
Speaker 13: Another great one was Zenith. This was a magazine commercial magazine ad that was I don't know what the magazine was, but please the one you want to please give a gift of Zenith quality. Now there's a picture of this attractive young woman pulling a transistor radio out of a box that of course says Xenith on it, and I swear the look on her face is, oh, I thought it would be diamonds.
Speaker 2: And I bet she did think it would be diamonds.
Speaker 13: I think my wife would refer to that as Christmas face, like when you get bot.
Speaker 2: Christmas face.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I've got it right now, I'm early.
Speaker 2: So one more if you've got one more description or one more ad that you thought was humorous, We've got time for that.
Speaker 13: Absolutely. Okay. So there's a h So there's a Zenith sixty three twenty six, a five tube super heterodyne receives standard broadcasts. They keep saying that it means it's an AM radio, but you know, you to see some print miniature console for children, just twelve inches tall. Okay, so it's a table radio. Great, but it has trans continental automatic tuning. Of course it's an AM radio. How does what is trans continental? Or maybe maybe the dial is so big it crosses borders. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well I mean that that Kondom means.
Speaker 2: I mean you could there's the continental divide in our country, you know, in the rockies, so maybe you can pick up stations from Denver if you're in Chicago.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you're right.
Speaker 2: That's just a bunch of word salad stuff to convince you this is the greatest thing ever and will not produce Christmas face and the recipient thereof uh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're paying for the letters. Kids, Slow down old.
Speaker 2: Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you like to get in touch with mister Washburn. He's very backed up and stacked up with the radios. But you know, if you've got one of those beauties that you would like someday before we all die to come back to life, he's the guy who can help you, or at least tell you if he can't help you. Rick, thank you so much for being on the show that's not supposed to be on.
Speaker 13: My pleasure has always been friend. Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, And it continues on seven hundred wlw OUR.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four.
Speaker 11: iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capital.
Speaker 2: I just added to this