Speaker 1: You can listen online at one three to one Austin dot com. So you've got to kind of wonder when Tricia says to me JB. She goes, can I tell you a funny word in the definition? Made me think of you? I hope you're not offended by it? And she goes, but I think it's something you've probably done. And I'm like, all right, Trisian gonna tell us that word and the definition, and I think you've probably done it too, JB. In just a second, grab the podcast version of the show. Search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. Drop us a text anytime. We love hearing from you. Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Also pretty exciting to see that a Texas longhorn won the PGA championship yesterday. Scottie Scheffler, who's from Dallas but went to ut and repin Ut well with another major championship yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. What is what's tell When the word.
Speaker 3: Tris okay, it's a finish word, and so I don't know if I'm saying it right. The word is cassar rik on it. Here's the definition it translates roughly to pants drunk or underwear drunk, which refers to the practice of drinking at home with very little clothes on. Not only are even one man partying it, but you gotta do it almost naked.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Been there, been there.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a little like Sandy. You and I have talked about the difference. It seems very slight from swimming in a swimming pool with your bathing suit on and then taking your bathing suit off and skinny dipping. It's only a very thin layer of material that has been removed, But for some reason it feels completely different. I feel like that's what this is, the one man party clothed versus the one man party with very little clothing on. Yeah, it's different, right.
Speaker 1: It just hits different. Yeah, that's that's what the kids say. It just hit ignormal. I mean when we lived out at the lake, I add on just a bathing suit both of the time. Most of the time, and then if you weren't home, I was just in my bathing suit sitting around drinking by myself.
Speaker 3: But don't you love it that the finish people have one word that just means that.
Speaker 1: It must be a thing in finish. Yeah, you know, people just very little clothes, and I don't think the girls don't do.
Speaker 3: That underwear drunk. No, I love it that it's underwear drunk.
Speaker 2: JB. Do you ever drink a beer in the shower? I haven't in a long time, but yeah, I used to love that.
Speaker 4: Like college days, when you're getting ready to go out, yep, and you're showering at eleven PM to go out, I wonder if having a.
Speaker 2: Beer in the shower. Oh yeah, Yah, it's been a long time that one of your favorite, those of my favorite things in the world to do is have a beer in the shower. Yeah. Yeah, nice hot shower ice cold do sekis?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you have an Arnold Palmer in the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm so exciting. I'm so much fun. That's what I do now. But anyway, say that word again.
Speaker 3: Uh called Sarah Connick finish word meaning pants drunk or underwear drunk.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I think it's very funny.
Speaker 1: What else, Oh, we got to talk about a movie that JB. We're gonna let's bounce this parenting thing off JB. Yeah, he's get a little bit more experienced with.
Speaker 2: It than we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a movie that we want to suggest that we're recommending that it's time for Landry to watch.
Speaker 4: And we may be those parents. Yeah, God to be sixteen, My daughter's twenty three. I don't have that much experience ahead of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a big gap.
Speaker 1: It all came up because Horror Island came up. It's a line from a movie. And we'll tell you what that is.
Speaker 3: Why don't you go back to your home on Horror Island?
Speaker 1: That's the lie, all right, we'll tell you what the movie is. From what movie it is? Stick around? It's coming up on Austin's eighties station. What three point one. We've got a chance for you later this morning, nine o'clock, your first chance, and every hour after that until five this evening, your first chance coming up at nine, Jamie, what about something off of you? Our almost sixteen year old daughter. We think it's time that she watched a movie. And this is how it all came about, Okay, Tricia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Landry was She gives me this all the info on the boys and the girls and the breakups and all the school gossip. She's talking about this one boy who got this new girlfriend, and I go, why don't you tell her go back to her home on Whrror Island. She goes, what, and I go, you don't know what that is? She goes no, And I was like, oh my god, you have to watch Anchor. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's from mere Man.
Speaker 3: I said, you can also call her a smelly pirate hooker. She was like, what.
Speaker 1: These are the things we're teaching our daughter to say to her classmates?
Speaker 3: I know that's why we like, maybe should get your inpit. Like, I feel like she's about to be sixteen. She's a little of age for some things. We letter started dabbling a few bad words here and there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just after dinner. But maybe it's time for her to watch Anchorman. Anchorman such a Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't that's interesting. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't When I think about Anchorman, I don't think about the age appropriateness of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because to me it seems pretty mild.
Speaker 4: Because because the humor, even though it's horribly inappropriate at times, Yes it's harmless.
Speaker 6: It's harmless, but it's Yeah, that's the whole point of the humor. Event it was it was so silly, it seemed bad, but it was harmless.
Speaker 2: Like it was.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if there's a more quotable movie than Anchorman. I mean there are, but it's in the top five for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many leatherbound books.
Speaker 3: What is the one about the cologne? It has a real bits of panther in it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sex sex panther, right, and that what was What was the weather guy's name, Steve Carell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brick Brick, Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 4: I've watched us so many times and step brothers. Yes, same same era, same kind of humor. Horribly inappropriate, but we laugh about it so much like we've watched that. It's like a favorite memory with our kids.
Speaker 1: Movie wise, Yeah, JB, did you ever watch you or talk about horribly inappropriate?
Speaker 2: Did you ever watch Team America? God boy, it's.
Speaker 3: Been a long dude, inappropriate.
Speaker 2: I don't know if my daughter's ever seen Oh you got it.
Speaker 1: I told our daughter you gotta watch that too, But I said, there's a Marionette love scene that might be a little much for you, because it was a little much for me. And I was a grown man when I watched it, because it just went on and on and on.
Speaker 3: And on so long.
Speaker 5: It was Puppets right, and.
Speaker 2: It is one of the funniest movies. I might have to revisit that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, act Gary act Garry act Gary, absolutely hysteric and you get past the marionette thing about ten minutes into it.
Speaker 3: And then you realize you're not noticing any longer that they're marionettes, and it's weird all over again.
Speaker 2: Funny movie though, you know.
Speaker 4: The most inappropriate thing we ever let our daughter watch way too early, and she's still a fan today is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so good, though.
Speaker 4: Horribly inappropriate show, but so funny and just I guess personally, I love that she loves such edgy humor. Mm hmm, it is terrible. There's some of them that are not even available streaming. They're so bad.
Speaker 1: Like what, I've only watched a few episodes of that show, and oh, you love it and I remember watching it. But what's so what do they do that's so inappropriate? So what issues are they inappropriate about? I guess that's what I think.
Speaker 2: It's.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of it's it's a group of young twenty somethings that live in Philly and.
Speaker 2: Run a bar an Irish pop.
Speaker 4: They will do anything, anything too for the fastest way to make a bon make a bucker get Like.
Speaker 2: That's the best way I can describe it. That sounds like my twenties Sandy, right.
Speaker 4: And they're always I mean they're lazy, They're lazy and inappropriate, and they they have very much like we were talking about, you know earlier, we were talking about you know, like Anchorman. You know, he has this over inflated sense of self work. That's all of his characters, and I've heard him describe it that way. He goes, I just I tend to play people who just have an overinflated sense of self work about who they are.
Speaker 2: It's always sunny.
Speaker 4: Is very much that they're dopes, but they just think they've got the next big scheme. And then after the first couple of seasons, Danny DeVito joined this the cast.
Speaker 2: He's incredible and he's still with its. Yeah, he took it.
Speaker 4: I was I thought that was gonna be a big mistake, and he took the show to a whole other level.
Speaker 2: Anyway, my.
Speaker 4: We definitely let our daughter watch this way too young. She's still a super fan of it. And then she got to meet Charlie Day and Mary and his wife Mary Elizabeth ellis here in Austin at a gala and was just beside herself. That's cool, starstruck and they couldn't have been any nicer.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 4: And she knows that series inside and out. That's cool, very cool. I love that because sometimes you think of like twenty something.
Speaker 1: Year olds like they're not starstruck or admire anybody, you know what, right, they kind of have this smugness to them.
Speaker 2: Like they're too cool for yeah, and they're too smart and they're you know what I mean. I'm not saying all of them, but yeah, I know what you're where you're going with that.
Speaker 4: Where we were starstruck by everything, everything exact drawing exactly. So that's cool that she's a big fan. I got to check it out, huge fan. Oh the show is so inappropriate. Oh my, you'd love it. No, I mean, that's funny that we've never talked about it, because you would love the show.
Speaker 2: And they've got like seventeen seasons now long. Yeah, it's really long running. If you know what you mentioned earlier.
Speaker 1: In the show today, I showed that I've seen a few episodes, but now I want to watch.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is mad men. I watched that. We're rewatching it in our house right now, and it's so any idea where you're watching it, what app or anything? Do you know where you're watching it? I don't know if which, which channel it's on. Yeah, I can't keep all this. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the podcast edition of The Sandy Show. Find us every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app, and ask your smart speaker to play one O three one Austin