Speaker 1: Hey, guys, come on, come on, can we do some live radio today?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Everybody back, go get it. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Hee rod Ryan, Oh guys, it's so good to be back with you. I mean it when I say it. Hume already smack dab in the middle of the week, Welcome to board, wakey waking, hands off, cup Cakes, wild Card Wednesday. We gotta pick up where we left off. I know we've been gone a long time. Danny Boy has to go. He's going for win number three, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. We're gonna play at six twenty Now tickets this week, Ghosts August sixteen, Toyota Center Home Room. You're getting those on the fun Facts back well, we're gonna be flashing back to a long time ago. Pitt Tickets to Popper Roach tomorrow night, Toyota Center. Chiley said we had an extra pair. He's putting those on Instagram right now at rod Ryan's show. Two pair of pit passes to Pop a Roach tomorrow night one on the IG one at seven twenty. Busfest tickets at eight twenty. Voldby coming to town with hailstorm. What a show at the seven one three Music Hall. I got tickets for you early in the nine o'clock hour. I got three eleven bad Flower tickets for you on no the show. So a lot of things, a lot of moving parts while we were gone. I see nothing above a real and nothing about a twenty percent chance of braining today mostly cloudy. I got Alex, Alex, you ready to go? I am ready to go.
Speaker 3: All right, Well let's do this.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Please? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: NASA's astronauts Sunny Williams and Butch Wilmore have finally returned to Earth. They were initially expected to be on an international space station for just a week when they launched the first crude flight of Boeing Starliner spacecraft back in June, but they ended up staying there for over nine months after experiencing problems with the vehicle's thrusters as it was docking to the space station. Williams and will Moore, along with two other astronauts, splashed down off the coast of Florida yesterday around four to fifty seven hour time. Both Wilmore and Williams were then taking to Johnson's Space Center here in Houston. Yesterday, the Trump administration released sixty three thousand pages of documents related to the nineteen sixty three JFK assassination. The newly available files mostly pertained that the Warren Commissions nineteen sixty four investigation, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination. The documents also included details about Oswald's attempt to obtain a visa from the Soviet embassy, as well as the CIA's monitoring of KGB agent Valerie Costakov.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm really sorry. I was falling asleep because there's nothing new.
Speaker 4: But what I get out of this is that, like, I'm excited to like scroll TikTok today and tomorrow because you're gonna have everybody that led read all sixty three thousand pages. It's like, see what you really uncovered in here is the government was trying. And I'll watch all of it. I'm not gonna believe a bunch of it, but I'll watch it.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of guys that I saw on the internet when there was those congressional hearings about UFOs, and they're like, guys, you don't understand the magnitude. We're not even touching the surface. We are going to find out everything. We found out nothing. This is another thing. It's like, golly, if you really I get it, if you're into these conspiracy theories and stuff, But come on, let's just gives people something to do, you know, that's what it is. Then let them have their thing to do.
Speaker 4: The files have been uploaded the National Archives website as part of President John F. Kennedy's Assassination Records collection and are available for the public to view. The average American that has had to cut back and save money to even think about buying a house right now, I know that's true. Meanwhile, in Boston, a parking spot just hit the market for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Yes, to park your car, you will have to pay the lollil price of seven hundred fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a parking garage.
Speaker 4: It's in a parking garage and Beacon Hill, around the corner from the Boston Common and right by the famous Cheers bar. And according to Fortune dot com, the average house in America costs four hundred and nineteen thousand dollars, So this is this.
Speaker 1: Is way over that.
Speaker 3: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: The garage is also going to charge you four hundred dollars a month in fees, no, as well as property taxes for the parking spot being two hundred and ninety one dollars a month. The same parking spot sold for five hundred thousand dollars back in twenty twenty three. If you can pay seven and fifty thousand dollars for a parking spot, you're probably okay.
Speaker 1: With the fees, I would imagine, I guess.
Speaker 4: But that's just if they saying it, it's like, oh, and then there's more stuff too.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to protect you from them tearing that building down or someone robbing your car. Right, Hey, you're saying it was a break in proof parking spot. Okay, this is just a spot where your car parks. But you're not buying it. You're not buying a plot of land. No. So what I'm saying is, if they decide to take that parking garage down, you're out.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't have to pay the seven thousand dollars, but yeah, that's it, Like cool, and now I had to find a.
Speaker 1: New expensive place to part my car.
Speaker 4: Gal Gado and her star or got her star on the Walk.
Speaker 1: I did I say it right?
Speaker 3: I think it's g Gail Gado.
Speaker 4: Gal Gado wonder Woman got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday, but her ceremony was delayed by pro Palestinian protesters who could be heard chanting throughout the entire thing. Gal is from Israel and actually served in the Israeli Armory. The ceremony did start fifteen minutes late, but she still got her star, and I saw Vin Diesel was there, so like, really, I would wait fifteen minutes for Vin Diesel any day. Lollapalooza announced his twenty twenty five line up yesterday.
Speaker 1: The headlining acts are going to.
Speaker 4: Include Corn Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Rodrigo, Tyler the Creator, Luke Comb's Asap Rocky, and Gray c Adams. Other acts on the bill include Kid's the Elephant, Foster The People, Manuskin's Damiano, David T. Paine, and Rebecca Black So Friday Ago, Yeah, She's gonna be playing Lollapalooza. The four day long festival is gonna go from July thirty first to August third at Grant Park in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headliner. Oh what's that time? Yeah it is, buddy.
Speaker 4: There were two NCAA tournament playing games last night. Alabama State got by Saint Francis seventy to sixty eight on a last second buzzer beater, and North Carolina blew out San Diego State ninety five to sixty eight.
Speaker 1: So they stamped their tickets into the first round.
Speaker 4: They're gonna play two more playing games tonight before the tournament officially starts tomorrow. At five forty Mount Saint Mary's is gonna play American University, and then at eight ten UT takes on Xavier. You can watch both of those games on True TV. In the NBA, the Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're taking on the Orlando Magic on the road. They come into this one's two and a half point favorites. Tip off is at six. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. They were losing by like thirty points the other night to the seventy six ers, and they came back and one and overtime.
Speaker 1: It was pretty sick.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna riding that high go into tonight's game in baseball down at spring training at the astrosaus the Nationals four to three. Today they're gonna play the Mets in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. First pitches at five five. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I see ya, I see you out there.
Speaker 3: It's about time.
Speaker 1: We're back. This is us, We're live, We're ready to go. Let's load up these calls. If you want the first phone call today, Chili's here. We're all here. Let's go seven, one, three. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now here we go ninety four bucks and clearly this is us. We are here. We are back. Good morning, wakey, wakey, hands off cupcakey rob Ryan's show back at our this version of full strength. I guess this is I'm taking out all right, guys, listen, wakey, wakey. We've got a lot of ground to catch up on. We've got things that we've got to catch up. We gotta give away tis. We want to talk to you. We want to get into so many different things, but we got to pick up well. Poor Danny boy going for win number three. And where we record the speeches is still not working. That's great that that had a whole week and a half and that's just kind of sat that's pretty neat. So we don't have a Danny Boy speech, but Danny Boy, make sure Chilli you give him a ring. We're back, We're here. We're ready for him to go for win number three in the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Big prize too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Cody Jink's playing the rodeo tomorrow. We have tickets, so we will hook you up with that if you are the winner today in the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head coming up in around six twenty Ghost tickets on the fun Fact Flashback?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? I don't even know what's the date we got to flash back to, like last.
Speaker 1: Year, nineteen ninety nine. I will be impressed if you get this, but it's for ghost tickets. August sixteen, Toyota Center Pit tickets. Two opportunities today Pit tickets at seven twenty to see the The great show that's going down at the Toyota Center tomorrow is popa Roach and Rise Against the Rise of the Roach Tour Under Oath is also on that bill. So I got some tickets to get you right there close. And he's also putting a pair on Instagram.
Speaker 3: The other thing.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Chili, because I know he's been on me, He's like, Rod, you better get somebody for Read my Lips tomorrow. If you want to play read my Lips, you want to come down and take on Alex. I believe because Chili played a couple weeks in a row. I think, so if you want to come down and play read my Lips, you have to sign up. Chili will be putting something online. So that's just are you kidding me? That's just a little bit of what's going to be happening today.
Speaker 6: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, let me throw it over to Rob. Rob. Good morning, Good morning brother Rod. Yes, sir, what you got for us? First phone call?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: You know, we listen every day, and I'm just wondering who's job it is to play the reruns while you guys are out of town. We listen to the same episode over and over and over. Can we get a little bit of a variety next time? You got to take a vacation.
Speaker 1: Well, I I didn't schedule the Monday and Tuesday, but I scheduled all last week, think Monday and Tuesday with repeats the last Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Oh I see what they did.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh yeah, I will work on that. Rob.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I apologize and I appreciate you being back with us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is no dumb name. John, Hi, John.
Speaker 8: So I want to talk about Airsoft this morning. I got a team ghost From's Airsoft and we run some games down a tanks, paintball, and Airsoft down in Richmond, Texas. We got a game coming up on April six, and I want to invite you guys out to come play for free.
Speaker 1: Dude, like the kids Airsoft, like they choot at each other in the House of Hardcore about that time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's well, it's it's it's a kids game, kids play it, but it's also not a kids game. There are national games that have thousands of players really play, years of all.
Speaker 7: Ages come play.
Speaker 8: I mean these these these these replicas can.
Speaker 7: Get extremely expensive. I've got some guns that are up to you know, two thousand dollars I've invested in.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I understand how paintball works. It's like, hey, I shot you. Look at that piece of paint on you. I got you? Is it is it on your honor?
Speaker 8: I mean it's like it's yeah, airsoft is definitely an honor sport.
Speaker 1: You gotta call you a gentleman's game because I we did that when we were kids, even just even holding up our fingers and going bang bang bang, I got you, I got you, I got you. Okay, that's fun. Should be some information on that, John, that's interesting. I had no idea that that had gone into the adult realm.
Speaker 9: And in my college dorm rooms, we had a guy that got an airsoft gun one weekend and then he was shooting everybody with it, and then we all got airtoft guns and no one ever shot an air soft gun really the whole rest of.
Speaker 1: The time we left there. All right, let me take a short break when we come back. That'd be a good that that's a good past the gravy like kids games that we need to bring back to like.
Speaker 3: Make make Olympic sports like adult tournaments.
Speaker 1: I would I kind of want to go check this out. I want to watch this. Could there be like a tournament, like an adult tournament March Madness style of tic tac toeers, dude, you know.
Speaker 4: Like but I want it from like colleges too, like each college has to meant their best tic tac tower yeah or hangman.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, all right, let me take it break, let me come back and a rect check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of.
Speaker 2: Bed Houston Hoss alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show the buzz.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everybody, we're still here. It's us, We're here, We're live this morning. Hi, it's so good to be back on with you on this wild card Wednesday. That's of course our Instagram feature. Chili is all over me get somebody to play read my lips tomorrow. He's got the sign up for you on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page. Percent chance of reigning mostly clouding today. A lot of the stuff that you Alex already talked about in the first Houston's headlines. Yeah, two of the I had two of the JFK files, which I can't believe that's trending and being I can I can't, I can't, I can't, But it's just nothing.
Speaker 4: When you think conspiracy, what is the first conspiracy that you think of?
Speaker 1: JFK?
Speaker 4: Right, of course, so like like, hey, we released a bunch of crap on that. Go check it out, fellas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come in, all right, well go knock yourself FILESK files of trending.
Speaker 3: There's eight million pages that you can comb through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was sixty three thousand or whatever.
Speaker 4: Sudy Williams is trending, not Butch Wilmore. But she and Butch Wilmore did return to Earth yesterday after nine months in space. They were originally only supposed to be on the ISS for a week, but because of some damage to the shuttle when they were landing or to the vehicle when they were landing, yeah, and docking, they they ended up in there for nine months and they finally got brought back yesterday and they're in Houston currently. How weird is that guy be just like your your bone density goes down, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: They got to check you for. You gotta like kind of learn how to walk again. I remember one of those twins, there was those twin astronauts in one of the Kelly Yeah, yeah from here he came back.
Speaker 4: He was taller, oh, because yeah, you're not getting compressed by by gravity. That guy was cool the whole year in space he'd take a picture every day. Yeah, that wild on the UNC basketball is training. They blew out San Diego State in their playing game yesterday, and a lot of people had been talking about them not being deserving of being in the tournament this year because they're they're like governor of UNC is on the committee that decided that they got in. But they didn't blow everybody out. They looked like they deserved last night. So that's was training on night. Be by the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, same old problems around here.
Speaker 3: No victory speech.
Speaker 1: Danny wasn't able to record one that Friday before we left for spring break. Are you ready to go? Doo doo doo do doo doo doo dooe. Let's see if Danny's ready to go. Make sure the phones are working.
Speaker 3: Hey, they worked for the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Hey Danny, Yeah, sir, it's all right, bro. You ready to do this? I'm ready. You're going for win number three? All right, I'm going to go fishing right now and I'm gonna get you somebody to play again. So you stay right there, Danny, Thank you, appreciate you being patient. Seven one three two point two five nine four five. If you think you can beat Danny. He's going for win number three. I gotta tell you because it's a big deal. Uh, Cody Jinks Tomorrow Night Rodeo. You're playing to win and come back and play again, but you're playing for Rodeo tickets as well.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. It's our friend Jelly Roll and need a favor I think he won Country Artist of the Year the iHeartRadio Music Awards. You know what I found late. I saw it yesterday. I forgot about it, but Chili is adding it to the blog page. If you missed out on green Day's victory speech, did you hear about it? No? He went word for word Mark Wahlberg's victory speech from Boogie Knights when he won the award for Best Porn Star, and he just filled in dirty movies with dirty music, and he went word for word with Mark Wahlberg. Go look at green Day's Instagram that it's really really funny. I thought it was really fun and the other guys, Mike Dirnt, Trey Cool, they're just cracking up.
Speaker 4: But I don't know why more people don't like just quote movies and shows like that and just waste the time of people.
Speaker 1: Win they have, Thank everybody. If you just really want to deep dive the band Rush When they went into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the guitar player went up to the mic and went blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. He did that for about two minutes. Paul right and induct them. That was his speech getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was blah blah blah blah blah. That's all he did. I bet, I bet everybody that was in charge of it was so mad. Oh yeah, of course they were. It's like, we finally let you in and you do this because they were denied a long long time.
Speaker 4: Like the Baseball Hall of Fame people and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame people think that they are just the elitist of the elites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you should just bow down life when they finally get around to you, you should bow down to Oh now I remembered you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, at least they showed up.
Speaker 10: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to your corner.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's bring in Danny Boy. Oh, Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Goodboddy, Danny. Good morning. Appreciate great, appreciate your patience. You're going for one number three. It's been a long time. Let's get the rust off. Okay, let's get right, let's get the rust off the pipes. Hopefully you were running the water a little bit, you know, while you were gone. Well, we were gone. Now you're taking on Sherry. Hal's already called her Sherry's Barry Cherry, good morning, good morning. Well, hello, Chilly tells me that you've never played with us before.
Speaker 7: Brow, I've never been able to get through.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome. Well, I'm excited for you. I hope we don't have anything inappropriate here lined up for you for shame whatever. Okay, well you're fresh fish. Do we know that? Sherry? Fresh? Fresh Sherry.
Speaker 7: Listen, fresh Sherry.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I've got questions here. You have your name to yell out. As soon as you think you know where I'm going with that question. Wait for me to call on you before you give out any answers. Do not yell out answers that freaks us out. We don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll be able to tell the difference in your voices.
Speaker 1: That's true. Don't yell out. It doesn't count. Don't yell out answers. Yell out your name. Sherry and Danny, okay, share? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I am okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Danny you ready to go? I'm ready? Okay. I'd like to thank Jill Foley for sending me a bunch of questions. She said, my husband and I thought we could help Chili with his homework and came up with some questions. Oh really, you thought Chili was gonna come up with question? Here we go, Danny and Sherry shout out your name. Question number one? What is the mascot of the University of Houston, Dan Kerry, Danny Cougars, Go Coo go Coog's the cougar. Yeah. Both of you were slow on that, but Danny gets the square. Got to speed it up, Sherry. A lot of mascots. Yes, sir, we go. Next question, you're shouting out your name when you think you know the answer. What city is the Eiffel Tower in Arry? Danny Biscuit? Danny got it, Danny Paris show me Paris. Yes, j J. Just discuss it. I wasn't expecting that. That's funny. Sherry, Scherry, you did really good. You did? You did really good. Will you come back and play? Yes? I will, Okay, you'll You'll still be fresh, Sherry Berry to us. We want to get you back on in thirty days. I want you to start calling. Thank you for playing. Danny Burger Kerry, Danny Boy, Danny, you want to play tomorrow? Absolutely, we thought we'd come in tomorrow. We'll be here tomorrow. Never mit, We'll be here tomorrow and you're gonna go for win number four. Dude, Hang on the Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Show on.
Speaker 1: Radio SERY ninety four and five to buzz linkoln Park Ryan's show on a wild card Wednesday. Make sure you hit us up on links and guests. Let me see if chili stuff is working. Jilly, good morning. He's scrambling chili. What's up? Hey, dude? How are you? I'm doing it? How about y'all? Great?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to check in with you.
Speaker 1: How are you? You know what?
Speaker 11: I am?
Speaker 1: Busy, but I'm good. Okay. Uh so, no victory speech, but you got you got Danny Boy squared away yeah, he's good. He's good to go. Okay, I I heard your marching orders this morning. I've already mentioned it several times, read my lips. As tomorrow, we need to get a listener.
Speaker 3: To come in and play.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do. That's on links and guests.
Speaker 11: It's already on listen gus. Uh, you know I'm checking in right now. There's some emails coming in.
Speaker 3: Okay, coming in, good, good, good?
Speaker 1: And then what about the second pair of tickets to popa Roach?
Speaker 11: All right, So that's on our Instagram at the Brad Ryan Show U Instagram page. Simple rules if you followed those directions that it's on there. Uh for your chance to win a pair of pat Pit tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh, I say that.
Speaker 11: Okay, pit tickets is not just any tickets, it's pit tickets to Poppa Roads show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, win pit tickets to Papa Roads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So like and tag the person that you're that you would take to the show. That's it Instagram at Rod Ryan Show. Okay, thank you Chialito, sorry saying problems over here.
Speaker 10: Fresh out of bed Head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: So this is where Danny Boy would be dazzling you with his victory speech. But I told him, I said, I'll promise I'll get engineer Bob, I'll get him on it. He's retiring, he's a short timer. Yeah, he's got like another week with us, like everything that we need him to do.
Speaker 4: Everybody else is also so calling on the Hey, we haven't said anything for months about this.
Speaker 1: Please fix this. I'll get it fixed today and we'll get victory speeches back as a part of the show. All right, thank you, Danny boy. It's the fuck that to the day. Let's go.
Speaker 12: We make you look smart, every buddies, it's the fun that to the day.
Speaker 1: Hey, Captain Cash brother ro good morning, good morning, good to see you, bro man. I'm great to see you, looking forward to I was looking forward to seeing you. I brought in some new fun facts today. Oh boy, you can. We can go as mild or wild as you like this morning. Bring it all right, let me easy into this because it's like everybody's like, okay, these guys back, is this live? This is live? Jody Foster. First movie you think of her is Silence of the Lands, right, No, got it is a big one. Accused Jody Foster speaks such perfect French. She does her own dubbing for the French versions of all of her movies, which do you know that all American movies are dubbed in multiple languageses week and they go all over the place. So she's like, oh, just like silence those lambs. Sorry, I thoughd awesome, this is terrible. A study found that it takes mammals. Now we are mammals, yes, dogs, cats, rats, apes, monkeys, whales, dolphins, vertebrae. I think it's a vertebrae thing. We're mammals, okay, and all the rats and everything else. A study found that it takes all mammals, of which we are a part of that elite group, twelve seconds to poop. That is.
Speaker 3: Wow, sounds like a record.
Speaker 1: What are you doing in there? Takes twelve seconds? Not all other animals can see memes? Oh you're busy, scre Yeah. I think we're the only mammals that scroll on the toilet. Probably all right, maybe monkeys, rats, monkeys, My Finally, I told you we can go as wild and mild as you like. All right, but let's just let's just let's just get back into it. Here. The moment when a sperm fertilizes an egg. There is actually a little spark in explosion. That's neat ah mine. We're coming in, like you say, bolt.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck that's in the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 1: It's the fun of the day.
Speaker 7: Rise.
Speaker 1: Now where the term busting comes from? I who know? Yeah, I think we can probably come up with that's what a scientist terms. Now, I got tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. Guys, I'm going back back back to Friday, March seventh. The Louver was built in Paris in like eleven ninety. It was built as a fortress in case this group ever raided the country.
Speaker 3: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Do you remember Friday? Month seven seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey there you are, dude.
Speaker 3: What's been going on?
Speaker 1: Man? Not all been good?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll just tell us about yesterday.
Speaker 5: Okay, yesterday, we'll just throw some more gasoline on this fire. The Dow was down two hundred and sixty points. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, five eighty one NASDAC down three hundred and four to seventeen thousand, five hundred and four benchmartin your treasuries trading at a four point two nine percent in oil stands at sixty six dollars seventy two cents of burrel to the must active as the big studs Verizon, United Health and Chevron, the big duds Navidia, IBM, and Walmart. The economic calendar this morning is all clear, but this afternoon the Federal Reserve makes it decision on overnight interest rates. Right now futures. Hey, they're on the ipside. Hang ONU, this be a pousital opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: Media, This is Halan Manage to director with Ramon James Porter for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James On, Sam Philippe and Gustin. Don't forget toys A rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 2: Famian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymon, James and associates. Income Ever, NYT, as IDC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission, We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational services on the studs and duds are based on movement.
Speaker 6: As reported.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Boys. Welcome back, rod Ryan show hit.
Speaker 12: It's your fun.
Speaker 1: All right, Kenny, you got your work cut out for you. Good morning morning. How you doing. I'm doing great, Kenny. Thank you for asking so the love We told you on Friday, March seventh. The Loof was built in Paris eleven ninety and it was a fortress in case this group ever rated the country. What group? The Viking? Yeah, the Vikings, more.
Speaker 7: Specifically Storm and Devices.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, check out the big Brain on Canny. Hey dude, you're the winner. I'm gonna give you some tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. That's awesome. That's why I are on my birthday. So that's an amazing birthday. Brother. Thank you so much, and that is awesome. How well are you going to be? I'm gonat thirty six perfect, all right, listen so much, Thank you brother. Happy early birthday for you. I'm glad that works out. It's close to birthday. Ghost go check out some Satanists. I don't know. I don't know what they are. I know that I'm interested now I what you're on? Hold Kenny Pit tickets to Poppa Roach. They're on our Instagram right now. At Rod Ryan's show, we will also give away a pair on the air. You'll be calling in because we're all you know, live and everything. You'll be calling in for those at around seven to twenty. Right now, I got my man Alex over there with Houston's headlines. O good morning Rod, Good morning Home Room.
Speaker 4: NASA astronauts Sonny Williams and Butch Wilmore are finally returned back to Earth. They were initially expected to be on the International Space Station for just a week when they launched the first crude flight of Boeing's Starliners spacecrafts back in June, but they ended up having to stay there for over nine months after experiencing problems with the Starliners thrusters while it was docking to the space station.
Speaker 1: Williams and Wilmore, along with two other.
Speaker 4: Astronauts, splashed down off the coast of Florida yesterday around four to fifty seven hour time. Both Wilmore and Williams were then taking to Johnson's Space Center here in Houston.
Speaker 1: Let's hear that splashdown. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're not going to hear that splashdown.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it was great. No matter what, We're not going to hear that splash down. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't know what we expected with this studio, but dude, it was definitely something.
Speaker 1: Confirmed or not.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Were there dolphins swimming around there like they were? I heard that there were dolphins seen swimming near the capsule off the coast war They.
Speaker 4: Were like, yeah, welcome back, dude. Yeah, they've been tracking it too. Down down under the water.
Speaker 1: Mammals, yep, fellow mammals welcoming other mammals.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: President Donald Trump proposed a full.
Speaker 4: Ceasefire in Ukraine to President Vladimir Putin during a two hour phone call yesterday, but Putin declined the complete ceasefire. He did agree to a thirty day halt on attacks targeting Ukraine's energy infrastructure, and also demanded that Ukraine stop its military mobilization and that all military aid to Ukraine.
Speaker 1: He stopped.
Speaker 4: Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky criticized the demands, arguing that they will leave Ukraine vulnerable. The partial agreement is met, and it has been met with skepticism by international leaders who questioned Putin's commitment to peace. Negotiations are set to continue, with both sides ignowledge the challenges that they have ahead. The American Kennel Club release it's annual list of most popular dog breeds, and for the third year in a row, the French bulldog topped the lists, closely followed by labs, Golden Retrievers, German shepherds and poodles that rounded it out in the top five.
Speaker 1: Dude, our boxers just the best kept secret in the world. I mean, so you've known forever there. I always say that's the best breed dog, boxers best breed, but it never shows up.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it doesn't show up in top ten lists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I just think that like labs are like lab, French bulldogs are very hot right now. The Golden Retrievers, like the ones that are listed in the top five. I'm surprised Golden Doodles aren't a little bit higher up, but that's part poodles, so that kind of goes into it. But the top five, like French Bulldog, lab, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd poodle, that's pretty solid. Like you see a lot of those dogs just out walking around. So I'm not that shook up about boxers not being at the top of the list because I didn't always know too many people that had boxers, Like it is a cool thing when you see another boxer boxer and then you have aisle boxer too, No big deal. Yeah, Like it's kind of a cool thing that they're not the most popular.
Speaker 1: I think because Vu is a fawn, she's got that, she's got the classic markings. I'll go in to two fawns from the group, and people like calling out a boxer. It's like when you see a cyber truck. See a cyber truck. Yeah, it's like when you see a jog and play with me. People see oh boxer, like they say it out loud. They don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think they do that with German shepherds.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, Boxerman shepherds are one of those You're.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm kind of scared to talk about bite me, like these are these are good dogs.
Speaker 1: But they can be scary dogs.
Speaker 3: Boxers are just the they're comedians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just goofballs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're comedians.
Speaker 1: As I think French bulldogs.
Speaker 4: Are kind of goofballs too. The few that I've met, they're pretty silly. Go watch some boxer.
Speaker 1: Highlights online and maybe you'll see what oh Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Then mutts were nowhere on the list because they're mixing shot out to woezy. Though the AKC does recognize two hundred and one different breeds, and the least popular ones are usually the rare breeds, although I don't think boxers are a rare breed. Tracy Morgan said that food poisoning caused his medical episode on Mondays, and at Nonday's New York Knicks game, he threw up while sitting court side at the game, and pictures and videos of the incident quickly went viral online. Morgan shared a picture of himself in the hospital yesterday, thanking the Madison Square Garden staff for taking such good care of him and cleaning up his mess that he made.
Speaker 1: He also made.
Speaker 4: Sure to point out that the Knicks are now one to oh when he throws up on the court. That was a weird I believe it was food poisoning, but like, yeah, it was like maybe he got too drunk.
Speaker 1: A lot of people thought, yeah, there's some blood on that.
Speaker 3: There's some blood involved to him.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of like stress if you sit courtside. I've never sat court side, but it's like you got you have a lot of stuff that could happen there.
Speaker 3: I'll you court side people, let us know what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you rich people. What else?
Speaker 4: Apparently if you play it, they will come. And that is very true for Nickelback because they are playing a Field of Dreams concert. The band set to perform at the Field of Dreams movie site in Dyersville, Iowa.
Speaker 1: With the cornfield around him.
Speaker 4: They're going to be part of the Velocity Festival and their concert is going to take plays on August thirty first, along with country star Brandley Gilbert playing that same day. Tickets are going to go on sale Friday at ten am, but you can get pre sale tickets today because those are going to go on to sale.
Speaker 1: But that's going to be a pretty cool concert to go to. I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know they played the baseball game out there the last two years.
Speaker 1: Or two years ago. I feel like there's not awesome. This is not the first concert there. It's just like that's a cool concert venue. It's very cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess if you were like a bucket list of travel up there, like all right, maybe I don't like baseball, but I do like going to see Nickelback, So I don't know, go check that out.
Speaker 1: But those are using headlines there, right what you got.
Speaker 4: There were two n CAA tournament playing games last night. Alabama State got by Saint Francis seventy to sixty eight on a last second buzzer beater, inlinea blew out San Diego State ninety five to sixty eight. There's two more playing games tonight before the tournament starts tomorrow. Officially at five forty, Mount Saint Mary's is going to play American University. Then at eight to ten, Texas takes on Xavier. You can watch both games on True TV. And the NBA Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Orlando Magic on the road. Rockets are coming into this is two and a half point favorites. Tipup's gonna be at six o'clock and you can watch it on Our Sister station Sports Talk seven ninety and down at spring training, the Astros loss of the Nationals yesterday fourty three. They'll play the Mets today down in Port Saint Lucy, Florida. First pitch is at five oh five. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. On a wild card Wednesday, this is us. We are live in living color. That works. Yeah, what we are because we're the face of your radio color. The Facebook Live, that's true. The Facebook Live is there YouTube at rod Ryan's show. That's always to see if we look as goofy as we sound, and mostly Claude's guys today, I've seen nothing about with twenty percent chance of wild card Wednesday. Is the Instagram feature that's on links and guests. The most important thing for you is if you wanted to come down and join us, and you would be on YouTube, and you would be on Facebook, and most importantly, you'd be on the radio live with us. Yes, but we're gonna play Read my Lips tomorrow and we need somebody today. We need to pick somebody before we leave the show today at ten o'clock. We would pick your name hopefully, and then we would make sure that you get.
Speaker 3: All the details.
Speaker 1: Chili will work with you, handle you with the kid gloves, and he'll make sure that you get here. You'd come on the air and play Read My Lips with us tomorrow. That's fun. That's fun. I've really really enjoyed this, and I mean that I think it's been such a cool addition to the you know, the situation that we're in. What is the situation that we're in. Well, we don't have a co host in here yet, so we're kind of leaving that up to you guys to come in and play.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Roach is playing tomorrow night. I've got tickets in the pit to go see pop A Roach, Rise Against, Rise of the Roach Tour like and tag the person that you would take for your chance to win. Winners selected today at nine fifty am win pit passes.
Speaker 3: To go see Papa Roach and Rise Against.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is do what I just said and get over to our Instagram at Rod Ryan's show. You should all be following. You should all be hanging with us and checking out all the social media's and all of that stuff. Okay, I am going to give away a pair on the air. I'll give away a pair of pit tickets to Papa Roach. On the flip of this break, we got Buzzfest tickets. Later on on the show, I got Volbeat Hailstorm tickets. Did that happen when we were gone? I don't remember talking about Vulbeat and Hailstorm. I'm I'm interested, I'm interested. Hailstorm is so live. I actually I'm surprised that she's.
Speaker 3: Opening for Volbeat.
Speaker 1: That's like a co headliner for me, and it's at seven one and three Music Hall, So we're gonna have tickets for you. In the nine o'clock hour, three eleven, Bad Flower announced, So I know there was some concert announcements, and you know, obviously being going for a week in a few days, a lot of things happened. So we're catching up on a lot of different things. But we're coming anew hart because we already gave away tickets to Cody Jinks playing tomorrow night at the Rodeo. I'll have some more tickets for you tomorrow. We'll have some more of those Popa Roach tickets because those both of those great shows are happening tomorrow. So we might come up with some extra ways, kind of like what we're doing on our Instagram to get you into that stuff. All right, what else today on the show?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 1: How was how was Disney? Now you already went with London once.
Speaker 3: I went with London when she was just freshly five.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she had fun, but like now she got to like well, so I went with her two years ago. She had just turned her birthdays during spring break two years ago. The highlight was coming back and talking about the rat of two wee ride and the Frozen ride, like those were those were the highlights of her memory of everything that we did, okay, and then Princess Dinner.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 1: The highlights of her trip now are the Tron ride that looked cool. I saw you posted a picture of that. We were the first bikes.
Speaker 3: Oh really, we were the first one. There was nobody behind us. You know, they're attacked there about like I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're riding around like an eight pack of those Tron motorcycles.
Speaker 3: And we were the first ones.
Speaker 1: So her highlights now are Tron, which I rode has she's seen Tron No, I say, Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 3: I rode that I wanted to borrow, but I rode it.
Speaker 1: She rode at Universal Studios the Jurassic Park, which if you look that one up, that thing is screwballing, going upside down near the water. Your head's hitting the water. I'm almost hitting the water. I mean, it's like Daddy's not going on that. I can't chat. She rode that, And then there was some I know it's not called the red Rocket because I have a dog, but I have a female dog, But I know what that is. There's just some sort of a rocket, red rowdy in this and this coaster goes straight. This is at Universal Studios. It goes straight up.
Speaker 3: Seventeen stories and then just drops.
Speaker 7: Whoa.
Speaker 1: She wrote that that's true at six. She was six when she wrote that the day before she turned seven. Just fearless on that stuff, you know, just to be a little kid and just not care and just think that it's fun. It was awesome. It was awesome. Right now, Universal is running something if you buy two days, you get two days free at the parks. So we ended up doing five park days. Do you see Harry Potter stuff? Dude? Was it? Did you get with a wand yeah, olives, I did not get a wand do you a diagon? Alley wands were purchased. The Dragon Breathing Fire. All the rides, Oh in Hagrid's motorbike, Yeah, which is kind of like Tron.
Speaker 3: You ride a motorcycle and it's a it's a coaster scene.
Speaker 1: Pictures of that. Yeah, no fast pass for that one. That thing gets to be two hours to wait to get in. So that was one of those ones. We got early access to the park and ran and still waited forty five minutes to ride.
Speaker 4: It's better than two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome, just an awesome trip. Let me take a short break. When we come back at a rec check four, you will find out what's trending and then I will get you in the pit for Papa Roach.
Speaker 13: Stay right there, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's Show on a wild card Wednesday, coming up. Tickets in the pit from Papa Roach, So don't go anywhere. We're gonna give those away shortly, all right, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy. Come on, I'm gonna jump in here because I got the link and I'm going to tweet it out right now, but you can easily.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys know how to use Google. You're so smart.
Speaker 1: Happy Gilmore too, was I had that did list?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they released the trailer for a new trailer for it, and it looks like the water Boys come Back. We've got July twenty fifth as the release date. But people are really excited for this. I also will be excited.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna tweet that out right now as you're getting your stuff together, So Twitter at rod Ryan's show. If you need us to provide the link for you, I will do so, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Also training Wildcard Wednesday, Rosie Arna. It was submitted to us by our boy Los Magnificos, and she's pretty fun to look at, so go check her out today at the World Finished rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: And then Gail Gado is trending.
Speaker 4: She got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and it was delayed because of pro Palestinian protesters about fifteen minutes. But Vin Diesel was there and that's really what I took away from is that Vin Diesel was there a.
Speaker 1: Fast and furious fan.
Speaker 3: I don't know Gail was in his family.
Speaker 1: Everybody's in his family? Is that what his family? There's no getting out the only ways about.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm in the family.
Speaker 1: Now there's a Fast and the Furious ride at Universal Studios in the family family. Yeah, uh, Luda said I could ride with them anytime. At the end of the trip tricks LUA. Yeah, there's a ride.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's that's a training on night be by the Buzz. All right, Hey guys, hey guys, we got pretty big concert tomorrow night, the Rise of the Roach Tour. We've been talking about this popa Roach Rise against with special guests under oath tomorrow night, Toyota Center. You can still get tickets at Toyota Center dot com. I'm pretty sure you can't get pit tickets at this point. I have a pair of pit tickets for caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 13: Good Luck, Rob Ryan Show, an Empire, Empire.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Well, thank you so much for having us on. That's the Red Hot Chili Peppers. This is your live edition. We finally decided to come back to work. This is us. We're here no more repeats. I don't see any time off for a little while. That's all right. Pretty nice looking day, nothing over a twenty percent chance of reign, mostly cloudy.
Speaker 3: That's the high today. Sixty nine out there right now.
Speaker 1: I thought you'd like that. You see eighty two degrees today, Rod, I got tickets. I got some good tickets here. Good morning, good morning. Well hello, who's this, Captain Cody? Captain Cody, you call her number ten?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 1: I'm so sad at the one of the many captains that listened to the Rod Ryan Show. Captain Cody, what are you got going on? You go down?
Speaker 3: You're fishing down in Galveston right.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I'm actually starting a new job today. You are. Congratulations, Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You want to share with us what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be selling boat at Texas Ring over in Seabrook. Now, dude, you're a pirate. You can't get away from the water, can you.
Speaker 7: You gotta bear around.
Speaker 1: Them boats in the water. I mean, if your name's Captain Cody, I didn't think you were selling Fax machines. All right, Well, are you gonna be able to make it into the pit tomorrow night for the Papa Roach Rise Against show.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't mist it for the world, but my daughter will drive down from college stations to go with me. That's one of her favorite groups and I've never seen them before.
Speaker 1: I thought it really okay, all right, some good five daughter time. Man, that makes me really really happy. All right, Hey, cheat my ride or die or concert, so we don't miss a concert together. I love hearing that. That'll be That'll be my situation too moving forward. Yeah, I can see that. I haven't. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have to tell you this.
Speaker 1: But have a great time at the show, have a great time bonding with the kid, and congrats on that new job. That's awesome. Captain Cody selling boats, move get them off the phone. I don't want that. I don't want to buy No, not even thinking about it. I don't want to commandeer boat and then have it. But I don't want to buy them. I don't get that thing that people get from being on a boat.
Speaker 3: Hear me out, all.
Speaker 1: Right, people love the water.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 1: If you talk to somebody, it's like you got a boat, It's like, yeah, you know, you're you're just hoping to get asked. It's like when you do. It's like when you don't have a swimm pool and you're hoping that they ask you over to come swimming. There's a water thing that makes people a little crazy because you feel like.
Speaker 4: You're in a cool club like I'm in Like like if Rod invited me to go to this.
Speaker 1: Streaming plub, I'm in Rod's cool club. But you don't have to invite me over to do so whatever that that you're welcome anytime. Whatever people get from that boat, being out on the water and everything, I don't get it. I don't It doesn't happen to me. I don't get that euphoric feeling. I just don't think it's as awesome as everyone else does. And I have I one from Mark has a boat and I've been out on it and I had a good time. You know, you know it's cool you're sitting there and you know, everybody always let's see what this puppy can do. You know, yeah, you know they want to show off a little bit what their boat can do. And yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 4: You can hang a lot of chicks. Yeah, well every chickat Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I haven't been in any Leonardo DiCaprio situations. And you know, I haven't been I haven't been invited on those yachts and that type of thing. But the boats are fun cool. It's just I never once thought to own one. Now, what do I do? What does it for me? Like being out on that motorcycle does it for me? I don't know what it is. If you're on if you're on a piece of road and there's no cars coming and you're on some country road somewhere, and that does it for me.
Speaker 3: The boat just doesn't do it like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. Yeah, I don't know what it is. I can see the appeal for sure.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I'm never being invited on a boat now.
Speaker 1: I just ruined it. I like it. I would love to go on a boat. I like it. Invite me on your boat, please, I'm just not get captaing Cody Audio. I'm not buying one. That's I think everybody knows the two best days that when you become a boat owner and selling it.
Speaker 3: The day you buy it and the day you sell it or sink it. Something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to need some help this morning and uh, Chili, Well, I know he's talking to Captain Cody. Would somebody and maybe two or three of you, I would say, you would have to be at home right now, and you would have to have maybe a laundry you would have to have at least laundry essentials, a washing machine.
Speaker 3: But I can't deal with tied pod people.
Speaker 1: I need the liquid fill the detergent cap people, okay, where it's you know, the CAP's all funky and you try to navigate it back on. You're trying not to spill it. When you put that cap back on and you it's a spill even though there's a funnel. Sometimes these the top of the soap has a funnel type of situation on it, and it's supposed to catch everything. I need, Chillie, I need uh, just maybe two or three people that could tell that could go into their laundry room and they're using liquid detergent to wash their clothes. I need you to call me right now. I just need I need to get to the bottom of this. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I liquid detergent users are at home right now. They can get at that liquid detergent and they can get at the cap. Okay, okay, I need you to call me because I need you to just look at something for me. Seven one, three, two four five. Just just give me a couple of.
Speaker 6: People here The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, the.
Speaker 1: Bus, Okay, Juice ninety four five, buzz bat omens and just pretend Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having a song.
Speaker 1: I do have that Happy Gilmore two trailer that Netflix released yesterday, and be warned, it's a teaser trailer for the upcoming Happy Gilmore two. It's a direct sequel. Nineteen ninety six is when the original came out. I don't know where I was in my headspace in nineteen ninety six. I just Adam Sandler was not hitting with me.
Speaker 4: I just remember like like coming upon Adam Stanley.
Speaker 1: He has like nine movies that I can watch. Yeah, so I didn't. I didn't watch them when they all came out, So I no, it doesn't. It doesn't connect with me like it does a lot of people. I know this is a big deal for a lot of you on or I'm sorry on the X at rod Ryan's Show. Okay, I know this is a weird ask. Right, You're like, Rod, where are you going with this? Let's hear it. I asked for some phone calls today. Sandra is one of the calls. I'm gonna I'm gonna get to a couple of people here, Sandra, Good morning, Gay, good money, Rod. Sandra. Are you you're at home?
Speaker 3: You got a laundry room over there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I live in an apartment and I have a little laundry room. He laundry out. Now. One of the things that I need is somebody. I am a tied pod guy. I find them to be a little neater because of I don't like dealing with that gunky cap, the gunky slimy cap that goes back onto the detergent you have that. I'm not saying. I'm not saying yours is gunky and slimy. Can you tell me what brand? What brand do you have?
Speaker 7: I use armand hammers in skin.
Speaker 1: Okay? Is there? Could you take the cap off? Is there any messaging on the cap at all? Is there any words on the cap? No? The inside, inside, outside, I literally I don't know. But if I turn it says something like triangle. Oh yeah, probably like a recycle, maybe a recycle thing, yeah, recycle yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 3: There's no word. Okay, all right, well Stanford, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Lydia, Good morning, Lydia, good morning. Looking for people that are in their laundry room that have a detergent, uh some type of a type of todd some but the liquid detergent that has a cap on it? Is the cap? Do you use the cap as a measuring device to put the do not? No? You just kind of know.
Speaker 7: I kind of tip it over. Yeah, I tip it over, and I don't put it. I don't use a lot, so I just.
Speaker 3: You know, all right, Well, that cap should be nice and clean. What's the brand?
Speaker 1: Okay? It is armand Hammer Oxy clean. Okay, so we might strike out on this one again. Are there any words on that cap? Just numbers?
Speaker 6: Just one, two three?
Speaker 1: What about underneath, like a Snapple cap? Is there any words or anything underneath you'd probably be able to see it? No? Nothing, Okay, We're gonna have to try a different brand. Thank you, I'll try. Tyler.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tyler, Good morning, Hello Tyler.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for our detergent cap in a laundry room. Yes, sir, so help me. God, if you use arm and Hammer, I'm gonna ask myself why why am I not arming and hammering my laundry?
Speaker 3: Everyone else is what are you using?
Speaker 5: I am also a loyal customer of the arm and Hammer brand.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm discovering something completely brand new. Well, we know that we're going to strike out with you now. Armor Hammer doesn't have it, Chelsea. Good morning morning, Hi Chelsea. What's the brand of detergent you're using over there?
Speaker 10: Gain?
Speaker 1: Gain?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 1: Okay? My game wild card you are? Yeah? Wow, I'm just a tied guy. My wife gang guy guy. Is Gain the detergent or is it a fabric softener? It is agent? My wife asked me to go get at the store. Sometimes you got a gunky, slimy cap on top of that thing. I do not. Do you have a clean cap on top of that thing that would be used maybe for measuring? Yes, okay, any words on it?
Speaker 7: Just the numbers on the inside and on the outside of.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well there you go. Okay, thank you, Chelsea. I appreciate it. This is why I don't thank you so much. Everybody that called him Chilie. If there's somebody that has tied. I'll be open to a Tide person just to see, just so we can get a one more brand. There's a lot of frustrating things involved in doing laundry. Fighting with the detergent is something that I don't do. I don't know if I'm sure Tide pods are more expensive. I'm sure they are, and I just use them, Okay. I just grab them because they're easier, they're cleaner to use, okay. And you have that cap that drains back into the bottle, even if it isn't perfect. A woman on TikTok asked her boyfriend this why I don't believe anybody on TikTok. She asked her boyfriend where's the cap to the liquid detergent? And he said, I threw it in with the wash, the cap, that gunky, slimy cap with the clothes. Okay. He wasn't goofing around. He was so convinced that he was reading the back label where it said it says to do so right there on that cap or on maybe it's on the container, but some brands of liquid detergent have a small message on the cap that says rinse after use or toss in the wash. Oh, I got a second, Bethany, Bethany, good morning, Hi, good morning, good morning. What do you got?
Speaker 3: What you got for me?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: I use three different brands.
Speaker 2: That's the one you're looking for is cheer, and my cheer cap says toss and wash or rinse after use.
Speaker 1: I guess it makes sense. It does make sense because that thing gets really slimy and gunky. It's why I would have never, in a million years on my own thrown that sucker in there with the wash to clean the cap off, dealing everything, and that's something that I'm a little ocd about. There's not going to be crusty ketchup around the ketchup bottle of mine. There's not going to be crusty mayonnaise or mustard. That stuff makes me crazy. I would have never in a million years thought to throw that cap in there with the wash. So TikTok is not lying to me. I guess, Bethany, this is true. This happens.
Speaker 6: Yes, and well, my husband doesn't toss it in, so it's dirty right now.
Speaker 3: But to wait a minute, so you do toss it in.
Speaker 1: I do every wash because you knew that it said that, or just you just did it on your own. It says it my other bottles. I have three brands here.
Speaker 2: One of them's donkey, I should toss it in, and the other one's fine.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: If it's too gunky, do you want tossing because it gets the gunk everywhere else.
Speaker 1: It's it's this extra so it's extra stale soap. That Bethany, you're the best. Thank you one more, Monica, good morning, good morning. You got you have?
Speaker 3: You have that message on your your bottle of detergent?
Speaker 7: I do, but mine's not the poor bottle.
Speaker 4: It's the pump.
Speaker 1: Okay, it has a clear, clear cap on it. Okay, what does it say on it?
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 4: Tossed in hold on now, just put it back.
Speaker 1: That's okay, toss in washer or rints after use sons. It's true lying this time we found some idiot on TikTok.
Speaker 3: That's not lying. That's what that's the only point. That's this exercise. And I never in a million years would have thought to do that.
Speaker 1: Monica.
Speaker 3: Have you ever tossed that into the wash?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen that message before today?
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 1: I have gone through a million bottles of soap in my day. I didn't know that was a thing. I never saw those I never saw that write a look at and it's on the cap. It's on the cap. Unbelieved. Wow, you guys are the best. Thank you, Monica. I appreciate it all right. Toss that sucker in the wash.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Mind blown.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's the little things in life now that get me. Life Hack, laundry Hack, Fill the detergent cap and then toss the whole thing in your load of laundry.
Speaker 3: Meredith says Rod. I feel so seen and validated.
Speaker 1: I've been throwing my liquid detergent cap in the wash for years and I didn't even know that message existed. It drives my husband crazy that I do this, but you bet your ass, I'm going to make him listen to this segment of the show when he gets home this evening. She's been doing that for years and didn't even know that it was. That was the message on a lot of the hergent bottles. You fill it up, you know a cup's worth whatever That you fill to the line, you pour it into the machine, and then you throw the cap in with the laundry. So to day, I find out that people wipe their ass differently. Yeah, that was a whole wait, everyone doesn't stand up, Yeah, sit there and do it? What Mostly cloudy today, twenty percent chance of rain high eighty two.
Speaker 3: Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Can I put a little audio here? You sure can? Finally, I think I got my yes together here right right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, brace for splash down and splash down Crew nine back on Earth.
Speaker 1: And yes, confirmed, you can see dolphins swimming around the capsule.
Speaker 4: That's so sick.
Speaker 1: That's so sick.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest story right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So NASA astronauts Sonny Williams and Butch Wilmore finally returned to Earth.
Speaker 1: That's what you just heard right there.
Speaker 4: They were initially expected to be on the International Space Station for just a week when they launched the first crude flight of Boeing Starliner spacecraft back in June, but they ended up staying over nine months on the space station after experiencing problems with the vehicle's thrusters as it was docking to the space station. Williams and Wilmore, along with two other astronauts, splashed down off the coast of Florida yesterday around four fifty seven hour time. Both Wilmore and Williams were then taken to Johnson Space Center here in Houston, where they still are. Yesterday, the Trump administration released sixty three thousand pages of documents related to the nineteen sixty three JFK assassination. The newly available files mostly pertained to the Warren Commission's nineteen sixty four investigation, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination. The documents also included details about Oswald's attempts to obtain a visa from the Soviet embassy, as well as the CIA's monitoring of KGB agent Valerie.
Speaker 1: Kostakov Costakov Costikov. The file that get crushed in one of those has to be The files have been uploaded to the National Archives website as part of President John F. Kennedy's Assassination Records collection.
Speaker 4: They're now available for the public to view. The average American has had to cut back and save money to even think about buying a house right now. Meanwhile, in Boston, a parking spot just hit the market for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It's in a parking garage in Beacon Hill, around the corner from the Boston Common and right by the famous Cheers bar, and the garage is also going to charge you four hundred dollars a month in fees, and the property taxes for the parking spot are two hundred and ninety one dollars a month. That is same parking spot sold at five hundred thousand dollars back in twenty twenty free. But that is an absolutely insane price to pay for a spot where your car sits.
Speaker 3: I can't wrap my head around this.
Speaker 1: I understand owning a piece of ground right if it was a parking lot and there was a whatever the dimensions are of a parking spot, and it was on the ground floor, I can understand buying that piece of real estate. I can't rep my head around buying a piece of real estate that is within a parking garage because nothing lasts forever. You're paying how much seven.
Speaker 4: Hundred and fifty thousand plus two hundred and ninety one a month plus four hundred dollars in fees.
Speaker 1: So a month if they tear down that, there's nothing to protect your investment. If they tear down that parking garage.
Speaker 4: Is it like, like, what is it with PCL Private Seating PSLs that Texas and season tickets owner these kids where you're like, I guarantee.
Speaker 1: That you will also get a spot in the next parking garage. If this, I would be shocked. If this was a parking spot on the street that you could buy that piece of real estate right in front of Wrigley Field, I would I would be shocked at the amount of money. Still, yeah, and this isn't a parking garage. Makes no sense to me at all. It's pretty wild. And you said that it already previously sold for half a million thousand. Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, like, are the people that flip parking spaces. That'd be a funny HGTV show. That's nuts, parking spot flippers. There's a link up on links.
Speaker 3: And guests for this Chile.
Speaker 1: He put that up. What else? Well?
Speaker 4: In entertainment news, Gayo Gadou got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday, but her ceremony was delayed by pro Palestinian protesters.
Speaker 1: Who could be heard chanting throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Gail is from Israel and actually served in the Israeli military. The ceremony did start fifteen minutes late, but she still got her star and her family member, vince Vin Diesel.
Speaker 1: Was there, so it's great that she's family.
Speaker 4: Always support family. Lollapaloosa announced it's twenty twenty five line up yesterday. The headlining acts are going to include Corn Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Rodrigo, Tyler, the Creator, Luke Combs, and Asap Rocky. Your acts on the bill include CAD's The Elephant, Foster, The People, Monuskin's Damiano, David T.
Speaker 1: Paine, and the one and Only Rebecca Black Number one.
Speaker 3: I know that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Number one trend on Google Trends right now. Lollapalooza the name still carry something. Obviously, it's very, very different from what Perry Ferrell created. Correct. It was a gathering of alternative and new bands and he was a brilliant person for putting it together, and it's just kind of morphed into something different. It's okay, but it's still in one city and it's not a traveling show. A Lollapalooza has come through Houston back in the day in the late nineties. It's the number one trend. But I guess that probably would happen if Coachella released their lineup. I bet you that would be the number one trend as well. That's the only other show.
Speaker 4: If you think about festival, like music festival, I think Lollapaluza before I think Coachella because it's a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more tangible.
Speaker 1: Coachell has never traveled, Coachell has never been here.
Speaker 3: All you do is you think about Leonardo DiCaprio there.
Speaker 4: I just think the Lollapalooza name has such like a recognition to it. I feel like Austin City limits and south by Southwestern kind of getting to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Coachelle, It's like, I'm never going to that. I'm not a billionaire or an influencer. I can't afford that. Yeah, don't let men think about it. Is there, I'm like a holiday in across the street. I don't think. So it's in the desert. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: All I know is that's my second Leonardo DiCaprio reference.
Speaker 1: So check that off.
Speaker 3: It's only card it's only the halfway point of the show.
Speaker 4: The four day long festival is going to go from July thirty first to August third at Grant Park in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Use A Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: You who Leo's rooting for? Mark Madness? Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio does brackets?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's definitely doing a couple of brackets.
Speaker 3: That's his third and fourth mention too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you got? And he likes it because there's a bunch of under twenty five year olds playing and there's tah He loves those cheerleaders.
Speaker 4: He's probably more of a women's bracket guy like me, like myself. There were two NCAA playing games last night. Album Mistake got by Saint Francis seventy to sixty eight on a last second shot in North Carolina blew out San Diego State. There's going to be two more playing games tonight before the tournament officially gets started tomorrow with the first round at five forty, Mount Saint Mary's is going to play American University and then at eight ten Texas is going to take on Xavier. You can watch both of those games on True TV. In the NBA, the Rockets are going to be back in action tonight. They're taking on the Orlando Man Magic down in Orlando. You were just there, not that long ago.
Speaker 1: Ride.
Speaker 4: Rockets are two and a half point favorites, tip offs at six. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven. And I wonder if they have some time to ride the tron ride. Probably not.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so bad as it's sixty seconds long.
Speaker 1: It's oh, it's two hour way. It's sick.
Speaker 3: But in sixty seconds it's noticeably short.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All the other coasters are a minute half at least. That's pretty well sixty seconds. It goes, it goes by quick down to spring training.
Speaker 4: The Astros lost to the Nationals four to three yesterday. Today they'll play the Mets first pitches at five to five.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 13: Sports Houston's rocking alternative, The Rod Roy The Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 6: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Come on ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Halfway part of the show people halfway, yeah, over half, Yeah, geez already eight or nine. Listen, guys, I've see nothing of a twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy, high of around eighty two. A couple of maintenance type things there is. I gave away last hour pit tickets to Papa Roach. Well, Rod, why you rubbing it in my face? Okay, I slept in today. Well hang on, not rubbing it in your face. You should have been up early with us. But that's all right. Some people are joining the show just right now. That's fine. There is a pair of pit tickets to see Papa Roach and Rise Against tomorrow night in the pit.
Speaker 3: At the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Just follow the simple and simple, simple instructions on Instagram at Rod Ryan Show, just like the simple, simple instructions that are on many detergent caps out there where people have said they've been doing this for years. The laundry hack that I learned Alex learned. I'm not asking Chili about laundry. I didn't even know there's a laundry room in his house. Just there's just fresh, clean, wonderful smelling clothes all the time from that angel, Miss Christina, a woman's boyfriend. You know, it's just like this dumb couple on TikTok. I don't believe anything that anybody says. And the boyfriend. She was looking for the cap to the liquid detergent, and he said, oh, I fill it up and then I just throw it in there with all the clothes. And he wasn't goofing around, so she was convinced that he he showed her that. On his cap for the detergent, it said it says rinse after use or toss in wash. I got people say rotten, this is old news. I've been doing this for years. It's funny that people said that they didn't know that message existed and still did it. They were smart enough. I mean, I'm an efficiency whore. You know that I want every bit of soap. I don't want any residue. I mean I was always That's why I use the tide pods. I might rich. I don't want no gunky slimy cap around. But you guys have already figured that out. Now are you throwing the fabric softener cap in there too? Whatever? Mine, whatever mind I had left, I just blew that. Okay, you got two caps rolling around in there with your paonties. Is that what's happening?
Speaker 4: Maybe it seems to be, Maybe it seems to be.
Speaker 1: I put it up on the X and I put it on our Facebook page that all you see or people just they want to jump in and say, dude, been doing this for years, Welcome to the party. Like I didn't know. I didn't I didn't know. Quick break, Wont me come back? People are sending me pictures of their caps. Yeah. A couple with the lines with it says, throw it in, let me talk, let me, let me toss you some Buzzfest tickets on the flip of this break. I want you to come party with us, all right, Saturday, May twenty fourth with the Woodlands.
Speaker 3: I'll get you some tickets. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: After this Rock and Alternative The rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz all right, welcome back, everybody. I got some buzz Stufts tickets lined up for you in.
Speaker 3: Just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. Twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy Hi today of around eighty two.
Speaker 3: I understand the interest in JFK.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had Jack Ruby as a trending because everybody's learning who he is or digging more into this.
Speaker 1: He's the one that killed us, assassinated the Harvey Oswalden when he was walking out right, So I know, it's fascinating and I love the movie. JFK.
Speaker 3: Oliver Stone didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch that stuff, and you gotta just realize it's not a documentary.
Speaker 3: It's Oliver Stone's take.
Speaker 1: On it, but really was interesting and done well.
Speaker 3: Kevin Costner all the stuff in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: It's great. It's an awesome movie, not a doc Yeah. Jack Ruby, I saw him too, like on top like people are just they people this stuff. Yeah, so, but nobody there's we would know right now because every article is like, here's the takeaway. You know, here's the latest twenty four hours scramble amongst national security officials over you know what's been released, and here's the takeaways and what we learned, and you know, here's what they say about the assassination, not saying anything. There's nothing awesome some stuff there's nothing awesome.
Speaker 6: Nerd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the OJ documentaries. I watched that one on Netflix. It was like I knew all this information, but they're just telling me in another way and I'll still watch it, okay.
Speaker 1: And the same thing with with JFK the documentary or the one where radio was playing OJ. No. They did like a new documentary subs on Netflix.
Speaker 4: Okay, not the one, not not American Crime Story.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, John Travolta thumbs up, EMERGI that was funny. All right, So everything JFK is trending today. We have a I don't even know if we have the lake up. Who cares? Some of you has the lake up somewhere? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 4: What else is lollapaluz A twenty twenty five. We talked about it earlier, but Corn is our headliner. Also Olivia Rodriguez, Sabrina Carpenter's Higher the Creator, Katee the Elephant will be on there posted people will be on there too. But people are talking about Lollapaluz's lineup. We were just saying earlier.
Speaker 1: Similar to ACL because I went to it because when Soundgarden got back together, I didn't know if they were going to last. So I went to go see Soundgarden in Chicago. The city's the backdrop, you know, the big park, all of that. So it's i'll tell you what, it's a great weekend. Chicago's a great town. It's a great time to be there. It's it's an awesome place to party. It's just a little bit different show now which Sabrina Carpenter and those types of you know, those types of bands, it's just not the alternative thing that.
Speaker 3: It, you know, that the behemoth that it was.
Speaker 4: And then in CAA tournament, brackets are training, People are filling out their brackets, people are talking about who.
Speaker 1: They're filling out their brackets for.
Speaker 4: If you want to fill out a bracket in a pool that I meant, hit me up on X and I'll get you in that pool. It's I think it's a twenty dollars buy and win. It takes the pot.
Speaker 1: So that's what's training. And Night by the Buzz would love for you to come and party with us at Buzzfest on Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion, Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Blue October, Pod Evans, Blue, Stabbing, Westward Sleep Theory. Of course, Ticketmaster has your tickets, but if you want to prepair from us, now is the time to call. Seven one three two win two five nine four five. It's the b u z Z ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Help You're off to a great start to your day. Eight twenty sevenn next hour, as we're playing catch up on everything, Volbeat Hailstorm coming to town. I got tickets for that show. I'll tell you all about it at about nine ten, three eleven, Bad Flower. That's a great show, March ninth, seventy one through Music Hall, So great tickets coming your way in the nine o'clock hour before we get out of here. Two things also need to happen. I think Chili put a time of nine point fifty on those pit tickets. We have popa Roach tickets in the pit.
Speaker 3: And of course you know that's Rise against two tomorrow night at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Chili's got a pair.
Speaker 3: Of tickets on our on our ig at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Let me just look, because when you guys tell me like, oh, I can't you know the phone the phone, nobody answers. Chili answers the phone all morning, he tells, all the time, he tells me he does. So a little over three hundred people have looks like they have liked it, and they have tagged somebody that they would bring to the show. And that's what it's going to take for you to be chosen, and then it'll be Rando after that. I promise you that when we do a random ticket giveaway like we are right now, there's over there's well over three hundred people trying to call. Your best chance to win these numbers, wise is on Instagram at rod Ryan Show. So coach that out now.
Speaker 3: I just told you more than I know.
Speaker 1: More than three hundred people are calling to win these bus Beest tickets. Who's the lucky one though?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Hello?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, Hi, good morning?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Michelle?
Speaker 3: I'm Michelle.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm really good saying?
Speaker 1: Are you calling to tell me? Are you calling to tell me what laundry detergent you use? That's all I'm getting. That's every email, Every email is laundry detergent. Here's the picture of my cap, Rod, look at this. I've been doing this for years. What kind of laundry detergent do you use? Michelle? I use tied, No person, I'm a tie guy. H E right, high efficiency. Every call I took this morning for a while. And so here's chat mc rod. I feel so validated from you talking about the laundry detergent. Not because tossing the cap. That's strange to me, but I was happy to hear. But I was happy to hear so many other people use arm and hammer laundry detergey. It was like the first four calls, I told you everybody armon hammer, I never even though I don't think I've ever bought that once. Am I switching? So I don't know, I'm switching everything. My whole life is upside down right now. Michelle, your caller ten, come on?
Speaker 7: Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I'm excited for you. Have never been to one of our parties that we called Buzzfest before. I have not, definitely.
Speaker 7: I just went here from Canada this summer, so I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Friends. A Rod is Canadian. I am not Canadian. I'm from the Niagara Falls, the American side region. I have two American flags tattooed on me.
Speaker 3: Off the scent. Where in Canada are you from, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Alberta Albert Canada? Okay, sure, that's awesome your Flames fan.
Speaker 3: I wanted your hockey team to move here. I'm sorry spoilers.
Speaker 1: Oh really, j Edmondson fan the Houston of Canada. Yeah it is. Yeah, exactly is they going to rodeo there and everything? Oil and gas rodeo? It really is because we can talk.
Speaker 3: It is the Houston of Canada.
Speaker 1: Michelle. Listen, I'm glad you're here. I can't believe it, but it happens every now and then that somebody's never been to Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: And obviously you have a great excuse.
Speaker 1: You just came to us. So welcome to the family and we will see you out at Buzzfest on Saturday, May twenty fourth. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 7: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I can't wait to party with Michelle. Thank you, thank you. That's cool. Chili's nudging me said, you're not talking enough about the opportunity for read my lipsaw So Chili, before we get out of here, I was going there.
Speaker 4: I was going there.
Speaker 1: I said, before we get out of here, two things need to happen when we wrap up the show, and I only gave you the one thing, and that was at nine point fifty. ChIL, He's going to grab some Rando and give them pit passes to the show tomorrow Toyta Center, Rise of the Roach.
Speaker 3: The other thing that's going to happen before we get.
Speaker 1: Out of here is we're going to announce which one of you is going to come down here to the station and play read my lips with us, and I know for a fact it's against Alex.
Speaker 3: Yes, somehow Chili played two weeks in a row.
Speaker 4: We're dumb, okay, we don't know how things go, and sometimes every other throws us off.
Speaker 1: We just couldn't remember one week from each other. My game was just so unmemorable. Is that what it was? Maybe Chili's was so memorable. Right now, what you need to do is log out of the world famous rod Ryan Show page, our blog page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: A couple of little sign up things boom boom boom. Do that and your name may be called. We'll be inviting you to join us in studio tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four, five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Three Day's Race so called Life Simple. Rod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday, twenty percent chance of ring today ten percent. Tonight eight mostly clouda during the day, clear skies. Tonight high of around eighty two.
Speaker 6: A.
Speaker 1: You gotta give me a number, all right, you gotta give me a number. I'm gonna start sixty nine when you tell me it's a little hot.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I just be like random, random number, just a bit outside, just a bit high.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put the number at twenty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty one is the over under. If you're twenty one, that's the date that you can no longer say that American cheese is your favorite cheese. Disagree, Okay, let's get into it. Did you do in Canada they call it processed cheese. Do you know that they don't call it cheese here? It's not cheese. It's processed. It is a it is labeled a cheese product or a cheese food. It cannot simply be called cheese. What they're called singles craft singles. So you're telling me that you could be twenty two years old walking around the same earth that wheat that I in you roam right, you're telling me that a twenty two year old it's perfectly okay for them to be walking around saying that that a craft American single is their favorite cheese. You're telling me that's okay, that's acceptable. I think everybody's entitled with their own opinion.
Speaker 3: Somebody likes American cheese in this room.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been I've been crushing some tuna melts over the break.
Speaker 4: Just throw that bad boy on some toast, Throw a little Craft single on top of it, melt it.
Speaker 1: Do you know that there's a deli section in the in the in the supermarket. I like making my own You were like making your own Dellies.
Speaker 4: You know, you chop up the cellar of the red onion, you mix it together with a tuna, half.
Speaker 1: Whip, half regular male.
Speaker 4: But in mix it up, put on a toast, put a Craft single on top.
Speaker 1: Melt that bad boy.
Speaker 3: I'm all about doing it yourself, I am.
Speaker 1: But there's cheeses available, right, there's wonderful There's a wonderful array of cheeses that are available that are real cheese. No, I get that, okay, And I mean my favorite is not just Craft singles.
Speaker 4: I do love Craft singles though, because they slap when you throw those on a grilled cheese. I mean, it's not the classiest grilled cheese, but it gets the job done. Okay, listen, I'm devailing this conversation. I apologize.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I knew that there was a Peter Pan element to you, and now I.
Speaker 3: Have figured it out.
Speaker 4: Because I like good food you like. It doesn't have to be the best quality food to be good food. Is your favorite cheese American cheese? No, okay, that's good, but it's still acceptable to you. Yeah, absolutely, okay, I'm not eating cheese, any kind of cheese.
Speaker 1: The folks over at Sargento, you've heard that name brand before. I hope they have cracked the code. It's on the food blog page, and they've released a new American cheese that qualifies to be called cheese. First American cheese that they can call cheese, not a cheese food, not a cheese product, certainly not a cheese spread, cheese whiz. All that stuff metition cheese. It's called natural American cheese. Now, hang on, there is going to be a caveat here. I'll tell you right now. I know this to be a fact that the FDA there is no there is no regulation to put the term natural or all natural. Anyone can do it. The FDA does not slap you on the WEENI for that nothing. It means all natural, means nothing, and the FDA can't do anything about it for some reason. So this stuff, now, you got to get into the ingredients here. So I'm surprised they went with natural American cheese because if an ignoramus like me knows the fact that the term is not regulated by the FDA, why would you go with that. It's only got five ingredients. You're American cheese that you've been eating all these years. Peter Pan's got nine, twelve, fifteen ingredients in it. So it's milk, cheese, culture, salt, enzymes, and natural food coloring. That's it. They've cracked the code, they said they've been spending They've spent over ten years working on this so that it tastes and melts just like regular American cheese. It hit the grocery stores yesterday. Cheese man, check this out like I'm just dropping bombs today on the show, the number one cheese news show on in the nation. I would say, so, from what we can tell, five ingredients means it is cheese. Whether it tastes like the fake stuff, I don't know. If anybody has bought this, please report back to Alex if he's continuing. Mean, I'll still get it. This Patriot Sargento is the way you want to go with this. Buzz Rock and Altar The Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Green Day Oh.
Speaker 3: I guess I was talking to Alex with the mics on at green Day.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: They won an award at the iHeartRadio Music Awards and victory. Billy Billy did this the talking and the other two guys are just laughing behind him. They posted this on their Instagram and they even put the Mark Wahlberg clip from Boogie Knights, and Billy Joe went almost word for word, you know, like, as long as you guys want to see these movies, I'm just gonna keep on rocking. Like Mark Wahlberg. He did the speech that Mark Wahlberg gave when he won a porn award in the movie Boody Knights. It's really funny. It's really really funny, you know. Green Day's funny like that. Chili's got it on the music blog page today. We had other things to talk about musically on the show today, but I wanted to mention that that's really funny. Twenty percent chance of ring today, ten percent tonight, mostly cloudy highs of around eighty two. Hells what you got over there?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: One final time Houston's headlines Please Morning everyone.
Speaker 4: NASA astronauts Sunny Williams and Butch Wilmore have finally returned to Earth. They were initially expected to be on the International Space Station for just a week when they launched the first crude flight of Boeing Starliner spacecraft back in June, but ended up staying there for over nine months after the spacecraft's thrusters experienced an issue while docking with.
Speaker 1: The space station.
Speaker 4: Williams and Wilmore, along with two other astronauts, splashed down off the coast of Florida yesterday around four fifty seven hour time. Both Wilmore and Williams were then taking to Johnson Space Center here in Houston, where they still are.
Speaker 3: You got some audio that ye, Welcome to Houston.
Speaker 1: Brace for splashdown and splashdown crew nine back on Earth. I feel space ready. Yeah. I rode the Guardians of the Galaxy ride there in space at Epcot in UH. I feel like I'm space ready now I could do the clashed down. I think I could do it all wild. I feel like I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I didn't know I was as tough as I am.
Speaker 1: Now you're ready, Yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: So if anybody's got a free seat. Hey, NASA, at least you know you gave one to Strahan and Captain Kirk. You can't go on the ladies one. That's fine.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump proposed a full ceasefire in Ukraine to Russian President Vladimir Putin got during a two hour phone call yesterday, but decline or Putin declined to complete the ceasefire agreement, but did agree to a thirty day halt on attacks on Ukraine's energy infrastructure. He also demanded that Ukraine stop its military mobilization and an all military aid to the Ukraine he stopped. Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski criticized the demands, arguing that they will leave Ukraine vulnerable, and the partial agreement has been met with skepticism by international leaders who questioned Putin's commitment to peace. Negotiations are are set to continue, with both sides acknowledging the challenges that they have ahead. In some lighter news, the American His released it's annual list of the most popular dog breeds, and for the third year in a row, the French bulldog tops the list. French Bulldog is number one, followed by Labs Golden Retrievers, German shepherds, and poodles for round out the top five.
Speaker 1: Then you got daxund.
Speaker 4: Beagles, Rottwiler's Bulldogs and German short haired pointers. The AKC recognizes two hundred and one different breeds of dogs.
Speaker 1: That French bulldog's expensive, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta take a good a couple of thousand, a zillion dollars for those.
Speaker 1: That's the one that Lady Gaga, her dog Walker had her stolen. Remember that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like the role acts of dogs.
Speaker 4: Tracy Morgan said that food poisoning is what caused his medical episode on Monday's New York Monday's New York Knicks game, he threw up while sitting courtside at the game, and then pictures and videos of the incident quickly went viral. Morgan shared a picture of himself in the hospital yesterday, thanking the Madison Square Garden staff and employees for taking such good care of him and having to clean up the mess that he made. He also made sure to point out that the Knicks are now one to oh when he throws up on the court.
Speaker 3: Back to that dog list really quick?
Speaker 1: Was Modern Family a big enough show to influence the French bulldog that was a dog of Stella on that show Jay's is it dog?
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 3: A number one dog breed before that show have any influence on it?
Speaker 4: The third year rows at twenty twenty two at dethroned Labs, which had been at the top dog for twenty years. I think Modern Family was a pretty popular show. I don't know if that alone put it over there, but I think it probably helped. I feel like that's been a trend in the last couple of years. Yeah, with French Bulldog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just wonder. I never watched Fraser, but there was a Jack Russell on that show, I know. Yeah, And I wonder Eddie and I wonder if those were you know, those TV shows were that were so big they influenced the you know, people going out gave I would imagine, so, I know Winn had a dog named Eddie. I never even put that together. Yeah, that's a Fraser. That's why it's such a big radio fan.
Speaker 4: Nickelback is playing a Field of Dreams concerts, so apparently if you play, it will come, and the band is set to perform at the actual movie site of the movie Field of Dreams and Dyersville, Iowa as part of the Velocity Festival. Their concert is gonna take place on August thirty first, with the country star Brandley Gilbert also playing that same day. Tickets are gonna go on sale Friday at ten am, but pre sale tickets go on sale today. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. There are two inn CLA tournament playing games last night.
Speaker 4: Alabama State got by Saint Francis on a last second shot and North Carolina blew out San Diego State. There's gonna be two more playing games tonight before the first round of the tournament begins Tomorrow. At five forty Mount Saint Mary's is gonna play American University. Then at eight ten Texas plays Xavier. You can watch both games on True TV. And the NBA Rockets will be back in action tonight. They're gonna take on the Orlando Magic on the road. They're coming into this game as two and a half point favorites. Tip Off will be at six o'clock and you can watch the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and down at spring training. The Astros lost to the Nationals yesterday five or four to three Today they'll play the Mets down in West Palm Springs, Florida.
Speaker 1: First pitch is at five oh five, and that is what's going on in sports. All right, thank you very much, guys. We got one hour left, but we got some great tickets coming your way in the nine o'clock hour. And here's another reminder, just because we weren't beating up the last couple of days, read my lips tomorrow. If you want to be the one that we choose to come down here and play against Alex tomorrow, that opportunity is on links and guests. All you gotta do is quickly sign up. You got to be available to come down and join us though tomorrow live on the show.
Speaker 13: Hous Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: NY five Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. That's link at Park paper Cut. We are in the last hour of the show and we got to take care of some business. I told you there's great tickets this hour. Voldeat Hailstorm. When did that happen? I know we've been going July twenty ninth, seventy one and three Music Hall. I we're gonna give you a chance to win. Some tickets come up in about six minutes. I wouldn't go anywhere. I would hit us up on Instagram. Four hundred of you, four hundred plus have played along, and you're doing it right because I see that the likes and the comments. You can kind of see that when you just hover over the picture, you can see that those match. Sometimes, you know, Chili would tell you you have to like and then he'll tell you specifically a comment to make, and you'll see the likes and the comments don't match. And that's just where we always say, yeah, people just didn't take the time to read it. I think they match up. So you guys are playing along. I know this is a good ticket. It's pit passes to see Papa Roach and Rise Against. That's on our Instagram at Rob Ryan's show. And then read my lips is tomorrow and need you to sign up on links and guests on our blog page today before we get out of here, we're gonna know who's gonna come down and face Alex tomorrow live on the show Laundry Deters. I'm just saying, it's all my that's all I have in my email right now people talking about their laundry detergment this. I can't relate to it because I don't put in the time. And you people that get these deals on trips, we talk about them. There's there's there's people out there that get deals. They spend time combing to find hotel deals and trips and cheap flights. Like you're on standby on Wednesday at midnight. You're just hanging out, but you're getting a cheap flight, like people like chasing the Dragon like that. You know, I'm not like that. I it's great that I just man, I'm just not a bargain hunter. I just don't feel like it's for me. I'm jealous that you guys get cheap things. A traveler online says they booked a hotel for an international trip through Expedia. Now, I got burned on this once before the hotel was booked through Expedia. It's like buying your ticket Master tickets from Joe's ticket Hut. Okay, yeah, that sale is done. You're not getting them back to Joe's ticket Hut. As a matter of fact, Joe's ticket Hut. If that show is canceled, they're going to get the money for those tickets because they bought them secondhand and you bought them from Joe. Joe's not giving you your money. Joe's ticket hut Expedia.
Speaker 3: Same thing.
Speaker 1: Some trip got canceled, somebody couldn't get somewhere whatever. I had some booked with my family, and it's the last time I ever booked a hotel through one of these travel websites if you're not dealing directly with and I tried to book the Tremont House down in Galveston, and I found myself on some and like, I get it. We talk about, you know, taking advantage of old ladies, and my mom's old and she's going through some of this stuff. I mean, I'm no spring Chicken, but I found myself on the wrong website. I almost booked a hotel room for Galveston. I'm like, I'm not on the I'm not on their site, Like WHOA hold your horses. Gotta make sure that you're on the right side to buy these things. So and again it's not a slam against Expedia. So they booked this hotel international trip. They got a great price. Hotel called them directly. They said, you're gonna have to cancel that rate is way too low and this is going to piss you off. This is going to piss you off. Out of the travel went back to the traveler went back to Expedia. They were told the booking is confirmed and the hotel should honor it. Expedia doesn't want to play this game. They're like, nope, you're confirmed. Here's your confirmation Expedia. They said, as long as you don't cancel, your booking is confirmed. The hotel is ignoring that. They say, if the traveler didn't cancel, they're going to refuse to accommodate them when they showed up. This is international. I don't know where they're going, so this is all Russia playing out online. People are telling the you know, it's real easy to sit back, can play armshair quarterback. I say, don't cancel what you get to your international destination and you got nowhere to stay. I can't travel like guys. It's an international trip to the Middle East. The person does not feel comfortable having booking booking with a hostile hotel. They canceled. Expedia reimbursed the traveler and gave them a bonus credit for the hassle. I guess the traveler, maybe I'm hoping they found another hotel, Expedia may nix their relationship with the original place. Fox News covered this. Expedia said, if a partner consistently provides a poor traveler experience, we investigate and address the issue directly. They forced the person into canceling, and they got a deal, and they had a confirmation number and everything, and they just slat out said, we're not gonna honor this. If you show up, that's criminal to the Middle East. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? Call Adam the cop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has a jurisdiction.
Speaker 1: You know, what are you gonna do? Call him? You know that Crown Prince? Can you help me out in the Middle East? In this hostile situation here? You're not gonna give much help. I don't blame them. I'd probably cancel too. I would too, I would cancel. And that's not right.
Speaker 3: It's that's criminal. That's how is it?
Speaker 1: It's got it's illegal. It is yeah, international waters baby, do they get you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Sorry for that person, that's no. Yeah, that's I thinks worst.
Speaker 1: Volby the greatest of all tours worldwide. What a great name with special guest Hailstorm. I love Lizzie Hill July twenty nine, seven one three musical tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com. I'll take call at number ten. What a great show? Seven one three two win two five nine four five Let's do it?
Speaker 13: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six am, World the buzz, All right, welcome.
Speaker 1: Back everybody, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Over to the phones. Here, I'm raw dog in this. Good morning.
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Hello?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: You hear me barely?
Speaker 6: Bro Hi?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Doing it good?
Speaker 3: What's your name? This is why Chili usually predes these, but he is busy working.
Speaker 1: On something else. Can you take me off of bluetooth? I want you to be safe. You earned the tickets. I want you to get them.
Speaker 3: I just need to talk to you. This is why we don't take live calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course the one live call we take, it's a monster, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Eric?
Speaker 6: Eric?
Speaker 1: You call her ten? What are you doing? What are you calling me on a phonograph?
Speaker 4: Thank?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really cool, cool story, broy.
Speaker 3: You I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You just pulled over. You got the tickets, vulby hailstorm. You were so lucky that Chile wasn't pre screening calls. He would have never put You're through, dude, you got them.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it. Appreciate it. I'll like again on the star.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, we got you.
Speaker 3: Do you call anyone else?
Speaker 1: Do you ever talk to people on the phone?
Speaker 7: I mean, I keep to that in case you call me on the road.
Speaker 3: Do people hate when you call them?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 3: Do people hate when you call them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Youth, don't tell me on me? Nobody called me on the road. Okay, Well, listen, you've got tickets to go see Volby and Hailstorm. I'm glad we were able to connect. The greatest of all tour is worldwide. It's July twenty ninth, seven, one to three Music Hall. Bro be safe, hang on and we set you up with the chili. All right, all right, nail there, All right, let's go online.
Speaker 4: It's slicks online, the muzz Why would you got I've definitely done this one before, but I felt like today was appropriate to bring it back. This is called Who's in Space? And today you will be able to just if you want to bookmark this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember this.
Speaker 4: Tell us it'll always tell us who's in space?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: So we had four astronauts come back from the ISS yesterday, so we are now at ten people in space, and then you can go look at the profiles of everybody that is currently in space. We got a couple of Americans, like so you have the ISS Soya ZMS crew. That's three people on American and two Russians. And then you got the SpaceX crew ten that did come up on March fourteenth. That was the shuttle that they used to get or the spacecraft they used to get the two back get last or yesterday. That's got two Americans, a Russian, and a Japanese guy. And then we have three Chinese people that were in another mission. So those are your ten people that are in space. Your specifically learn all about them and just keep track of who's going and who's going and who's coming from space right now to what other stats they have, I mean, you can see like how old they are, many days they've been in space. Ivon Wagner, he's been in space for three hundred and eighty four days, sixteen hours, forty eight minutes and fifty one seconds. Alexe Ovinchin almost Alex alex Ovechkin on him, he's probably his uncle he's been in space for five hundred and sixty three days, seventeen hours, and thirty two minutes.
Speaker 3: My god, he's got to be ten feet tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably he's gonna be capping out that space station. Go check it out.
Speaker 4: Who's in space with the world frem Miss rod Ryan showpage to the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Show side effects include mood swings, mood swings, the.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five the bus congratulations to what they called jelly roll. He was a big winner at the iHeartRadio Music Awards. I believe he won Best Country Artists. Oh my God, Deyonce nov i'bably not happy about Oh my God. No, no, no, no, no, no, not happy at all. Shaboozi Shaboozy is my number one. It was my number one. I know you make it a joke right now, my number one guy. I like Shaboozi's one song. You're mocking me.
Speaker 3: I'm not, No, you aren't you know?
Speaker 1: I love the shows. No little not Sex. He's my little na Sex and he has surpassed him. Twenty percent chance of raid mostly cloudy highs today of around eighty two.
Speaker 3: I know I keep beating you.
Speaker 1: Over the head. With these things, but they're they're worth it. Pit tickets to Papa Roach Rise Against tomorrow night. Pit tickets are available on our Instagram at Rod Ryan's show. Follow the instructions. They're very simple instructions. I know you can. And then also, I mean they'd be too difficult for some of these other morning shows. Not too difficult for you guys, all right, Ruling Ryan listeners would not know what to do. You guys, are you guys know what to do? Read my lips tomorrow in studio and we want to get you are playing, playing and one of our great listeners will come down and play. But you got to sign up. It's not too late. They're like, oh my god, somebody must have already signed up. Yeah, a lot of people have. We're just looking for a quality person to come down and play. Alex. Read my lips tomorrow. You need to be here. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what time.
Speaker 1: You need to be here seven thirty. You need to be here by seven thirty so that he doesn't freak out thinking that you're not showing up. He needs you hear forty five minutes early. Yeah, you know, so you'll be here. We'll get you to play the game. We'll get you out of here and hopefully your wildest dreams will come true tomorrow playing out last year's champion. Happy National Backyard Day. Hell yeah, dude, finally today, Not for me. We had a pool in the backyard for a couple of years when I was a little one, some rusted out above ground eighteen foot pool that I've told you I wouldn't go swimming in after I saw Jaws when I was five. Yeah, I mean, I get it, so he did. I'm not going to swim it. It's like the shark wouldn't fit in that pool, getting the damp pool. Other than that, we never really played in the backyard. We were more out front. We didn't have like a really nice, you know, landscaped backyard or anything like that, but we did back up to fields or what you would call woods. Yeah, got some trouble out there, had some fun out there. Your parents get mine. National Backyard Day. They've come out with the ranking of the ten backyard games of all time. All right, let's hear Cornhole at number one. Is there anywhere to argue, even if.
Speaker 4: You don't like cornwall, you have to say it's number one. It's like it is the easiest one.
Speaker 1: Here. What is box? Here's this other box, here's some bags, go number one. You're gonna say, well rodden, you must be awful at it. I'm not great, but I luck out. I can do it. Okay, bags? Right, cornhole bags, same thing, play a little sack. It's the go to game. It's been the go to game for a while. Didn't we say it was the most popular sport in America? And a fun fact, I think so, I think we did. Cincinnati gets credit for coming up with the modern version of it in the nineteen sixties. Someone someone patented a similar game with square holes way back in eighteen eighty three. Yeah, so I mean it's no horse shoes, no corn hole, right, yeah, horse shoes literally walked so cornhole could fly. So corn hole is number one. Batchy ball. I like bochi ball. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: I never really played it by the rules because I think you're supposed to like a pit that you throw it in, right, I don't know. I think you'd need the nicest it.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be, like rocks and stuff like that. I would just play it in the backyard. You throw the little white dot our backyard. I had gopher holes and everything all in the back there. We didn't play this stuff field advantage. It seemed like a rich people's game. It's you buy a heavy bag of balls. That's it.
Speaker 4: Like you can play it anywhere. You don't have to like, I don't know what the rules really are. It's just you get closest to the white thing. You have two balls, you throw them.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm not a millionaire like you.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Wiffleball comes in at three. Football's good, wifotball is awesome, and as you get older it turns into dizzy bat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. We played with fotball and we didn't have enough. When we didn't have enough people, we'd put a garbage can on first base and if you picked up no, if you hit the garbage can before the like our leade.
Speaker 3: Offs us, we used the garbage can.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: We were just try and you try and peg people. But that was its tennis ball baseball, so then you'd try and just hit him with the whiffleball.
Speaker 1: I preferred. We had this one whiffle ball that was the perfect plastic ball. It was the right amount of like spring to it.
Speaker 3: And everything.
Speaker 1: It didn't have that one side with the open holes in it, so you couldn't throw those wicked curves I preferred. I've never seen it replicated because when you buy that big bam bam bat, it comes with a hard whiffle ball or so if you get hit by your kid. This one was it just I've been in search for it ever since. I don't look, but I feel like I've never seen another whiffleball like the one we used back in the day. I didn't like the curveball one, but we would also play with that. Well.
Speaker 4: I did you have the kid that would like put duct tape on it to like like he had their own, and then he'd be like, was that legal?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: We would always yell at ITHI was like, if you're at his house, he got played by his rules.
Speaker 1: Two and touch in at number four. Touch should be high, that's that should be number two two hand touch. In America, when when did you trans When did you go from how h How old were you when you stopped playing tackle football with your friends? I think we were in junior high or middle school. I feel like we got to eighth or ninth grade where we just said Okay, we're getting killed out here.
Speaker 4: When I was and I lived in Atlanta, we had we had the fields we would go to, huh and it was just like an open grass field.
Speaker 1: We would play there, and that was tackle. We were still tackling hand touch.
Speaker 4: When they tell you to do two hand touch, you're like, I'm gonna tackle my friends as we were going to do it.
Speaker 1: In high school, you played tackle. I mean no, I'm talking like backyard. Yeah, but I'm not high school football. And I'm talking about what age because I know we transitioned to two hand touch because we would play two hand touch all the time. It was a regular thing we'd play in the street when you played so you couldn't play tackle.
Speaker 4: That was pretty much what we would do, right because then you couldn't you can get in trouble.
Speaker 1: I feel like we held out a long time before we switched. We just kind of realized that we're getting too big, We're getting hurt, and sometimes you play on fields with like rocks and stuff. Kickball comes in at five horseshoes at six badminton, which oddly, I really like, it's not as popular as it used to be. But shuttlecock, guy, it's still fun.
Speaker 3: Big shuttle cock guy. It's still annoying to set up and take down that net.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now you guys be able to find a way to lower it and you can make it a pickleball net.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Ladder toss never got into it.
Speaker 4: That's where there's the three things and you toss it's got the ball on the string, and you try and see if you can land it on the top.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know that works. I always see it at tailgates. I do not. I could not explain the rules to anyone. Rip too big wood rows and the redneck games. Oh, that was one of the things that we did. You never got to go. I remember you talking about it. The ladder toss was a thing. A mailman in Pennsylvania came up with it. In five lawn darts bond darts are just like bought you bath, We could kill you yep, yeah, bonus points if you killed your friend. Play the original version with the being lethal and all the modern version. I think they just have like you land the darts and circles and score points, and I think they have just blunt edges. Croquet. We had a croquet set growing up. Oh so you were rich. Yeah, that's the rich man's game. It's like, I don't want to play golf. It does seem like golf. It does seem like it was probably something in the Hampton's that we were playing croquet.
Speaker 4: Like the poll installed at putting Greens and like that replaced croquet.
Speaker 1: If your last name was a Kennedy, you played croquette. The word itself is Frenchy said, that's the top ten croquet back My favorite backyard game, front yard game, which is better than every single thing on here. Sorry I could.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it a game.
Speaker 1: Catch two Mits and a baseball is the greatest backyard game of all time. Didn't crack the top ten then, maybe because it's like it's an activity and not a game. Maybe that that's the only thing I can think of, because there's not a winner of catch. There is nothing better than having a catch, or even just tossing the football around. Oh yeah, tossing the football around and having a catch with MIT's greatest backyard the happiest day I've ever won.
Speaker 7: I might.
Speaker 1: I don't care if she likes football or baseball or whatever, but.
Speaker 4: When I can do you don't have a catch. When she can figure that out. That's gonna just I might cry that day. Spike Ball playing basketball more of.
Speaker 1: A beach game.
Speaker 4: Beach game you can't explain the rules, but you you just bounce the ball a little tramplant thing and then try and make sure.
Speaker 1: You get the other people out. You do with teams. It's pretty intense.
Speaker 4: But if you play it at the beach and then other people try and join, say no, because they're always really good.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna be a horrible former Western New York citizen, but I think can jam is a buffalo game kick.
Speaker 3: The can jam is it's with frisbees, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like you throw the frisbee and you try to deflect it in the the can can jam or garbage can frisbee. Oh, let's say they go like pickleballs and stuff on it too, so like you could do like a whiffleball.
Speaker 3: And try and maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think there's something connection to Western New York, the poor Man's frisbee golf, something like that. By Happy National Backyard Day. They're on Ryan Show ninety four or five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan show, Thank you so much for having us one. Chili's getting Chili's stinking to wrapping up a few things here, and he's got about ten minutes. He said, he's gonna give you nine minutes. Nine Chilie's gonna give you nine minutes, nine minutes to get after our instagram at rod Ryan Show. If you want a crack at those pit tickets to go see the Rise of the Roach tour tomorrow night, Up a Roach and Rise against pit tickets. Just sitting there, just sitting there recklessly on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show. And then the opportunity to read my lips. You could technically send in an email and make yourself sound so great that he would bypass everybody that's already sent the stuff.
Speaker 3: He was like, we gotta get this person in here.
Speaker 1: Look what they wrote. Very possibly you could do that.
Speaker 3: Wait is eloquent email. It was said, we have to get this person in here.
Speaker 1: Chilly would use the word eloquent. He uses it all the time, all the time. Can't stop him from eloquent. Coming up, I got a chance for you to win three eleven bad Flower tickets. They're playing May nine. How about these shows at seven one and three Music Hall right now. Awesome, it's a great venue, Alex. You need to come up with a question, all right, got it ready to go? Oh really? Okay? Well save it for okay, save it for after this break. Thank you, Rock and Alternative Fair use to the Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back. Rod Ryan's showing a wild card Wednesday. Okay, we got we got some business that We've got a tidy up as well, and then I'll let Chili tidy up his things before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: He's working on that right now.
Speaker 1: What I have to do is give you the opportunity at three eleven bat Flower tickets May ninth, seven, one three Music Hall. I gotta go through. You're gonna have to go through Alex to get those tickets because he's now the man in charge of know the show. He's going to ask you a question about something that was said, done, talked about on the show. Yeah, what did we learn about laundry detergent today?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I should have known you were.
Speaker 1: Going had in a pretty easy one. My email is still going off about laundry detergent seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: If you know, you know, never miss a minute.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The buzz is with you in your pocket.
Speaker 10: Tell your smart device to blame ninety four five The Buzz on Ihearts.
Speaker 1: Part whipping out the Bush. It's come down. Rod Ryan's Show, Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Up.
Speaker 1: Your day's going great so far. We can only help so much. I'm done helping. If it's helped at all. It's nine fifty seven. We gotta go. We gotta go. Twenty percent chance of rain today, ten percent tonight mostly cloudy clear, skuys tonight, Hi eighty two today, leaving you with a pretty great ticket, and then Chilli you got some stuff from me. But first, he's now time for note this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 6: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la.
Speaker 6: La la.
Speaker 4: M M.
Speaker 3: All right, I hope you screen these.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Oh well hello, who's this? My name's Janet, Hi.
Speaker 3: Janet, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you so great? Thank you? Thank you. Alex has a question for you. We got a great ticket to give away before we go. What's your question? What did we learn about laundry detergent today? Come on, Jane it you throw the cap right in with the liquid. Yeah, you fill the detergent cap and then you toss the whole damn thing in. You're a winner today and there's millions of people. Now do you do this? Janet?
Speaker 4: Do I do what? No?
Speaker 7: I don't use that, but i'm my start.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I never even heard of it before. It sounds brilliant. Liquid off your cap, done, done and done. And then I was asking, I wonder if you know I use fabric softener, So would you throw that cap in there too? Why not throw the whole bottle of tide in there? See what do me a favor? Throw the whole bottle of tide in there, put it on hot, take a video. I mean know how that goes. You try it and let me. I think there was an episode of The Brady Bunch that showed that. All right, we gotta go, Janet. You're the winner of three eleven Batflower tickets May Night seven one three Music Hall. Great. Thank you so much, Thank you have an awesome day. I'm so glad we could come up with a new for you and teach you about cheese. I feel like it's all we did today. There was some cheese information.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 1: Headlining the food blog page today. Wild Card Wednesday was the number one blog page. But what matters right now is our friend Chile. The number one matter always is what Chili y? Obviously Chile?
Speaker 6: What U?
Speaker 1: Good morning morning? How about a winner for pit tickets to Papa Roach.
Speaker 11: Her name is Melanie.
Speaker 1: Her name is Faith Fai Okay, Faith, Yeah, sorry, Melanie, you almost Adam. Melan's like no, no, no, back up, go back to pace. Could you roll back to Melanie?
Speaker 10: Please?
Speaker 1: All right? Faith? Faith is the winner.
Speaker 11: Well, Melanie is the one that will come in to studio tomorrow, okay, Alex.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there it is, read my lips tomorrow. Ye, Melanie is coming in.
Speaker 11: Yeah okay, she's confirmed, said on spring break. So she's got time and all ready to go.
Speaker 3: Melanie the felony.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really good. Okay, Well that's great. That's great. So tomorrow we're going to do what we did put better. We're gonna have more fun, more laughs, less cheese, less laundry. Yeah, I just got to come up with other things. To talk about tomorroad and what I'm gonna talk about tomorrow, but cheese and laundry. I'll put that away, put a pin on, put a pin in that, and then we'll come back and we'll do some other things. Danny Boy won today, Yes, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. I told him I would work on that, getting the victory speeches ready? Did you get anything from anybody that fixes things around here?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not cool.
Speaker 1: So Danny's on with us tomorrow. He'll be in home room. He's going for one number four, fresh out of bed, head to head. More ghost tickets, more pit passes to Papa Roach, Okay, pit tickets. We may even have some more fun online with some of this stuff, because I got Cody Jinks tickets as well, and that's tomorrow night, so Buzzfest tickets, the VOLDI Hailstorm Show. I got all that stuff tomorrow and then read my lips with Melanie the Felony at eight twenty. How great is that gonna be? All Right?
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 1: Jeremy's up next, pitt No, but choose your tickets in the one o'clock hour. He's got the NonStop Nooner. He just rocks out for a knowledge or for an hour solid. And that's it. All right, guys, Thank you so much for your patience on us getting back on I really.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, and I mean it when I say it.
Speaker 1: All right, AMF Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: A portion