Speaker 1: Time for the ninth first twenty one to four cast is going to be mostly excited to part with flighty day to day high eighty five going to the sixty two overnight becase. Guys are clearing up gets sun tomorrow with high of eighty seven, a few clouds in a low of sixty three over Thursday night. Friday is going to be a sunny day and outline at ninety degrees sixty eight degrees right now, time for traffic. Chuck from the UCLP Traumphic Center.
Speaker 2: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive bund cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five u SECC westbound two seventy five over a twenty minute delay between Milford and an accident of Loveland. They've now balked off the right lane after that Loveland Ramp. Southbound seventy five slows through Walkland. Northbound seventy five is an extra forty minutes between Florence and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station AY twenty seven Here fifty five KRC Detalks station. Of course, you know it's that time of day, that time of week. Appointment listening everyone Wednesday at this time because we get to hear from the brilliant Judge Enteropolotan and welcome back your honor.
Speaker 1: Always a plea, Brian.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm chopped liver over at the traffic department this morning.
Speaker 1: He probably forgot what day it is. That happens all the time, and Joe pointed out in actually, in Chuck's defense, we can make fun of him and talk about how he's isolated from the rest of humanity most of his life. But we're having a lot of traffic accidents just in the area this morning, and you know, he's responsible for traffic all over the Midwest, so he's got his hands full apparently, so a bit distracted. So we'll give him a break.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm sorry to hear that, and I apologize for busting his job.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, come on, it wouldn't be a Wednesday unless we gave Chuck some hard time. He appreciated, appreciates it. Rather, let us talk about GETMO. One of my favorite topics with you is GETMO because, as I pointed out to you in our email exchange yesterday, this creates so much cognitive dissonance among my constitutional loving listeners. We have a constitution, we all embrace it, You and I and my listening audience does everything they can to support it and appreciate its value. It's critical to our nation and its future to understand these concepts and do everything we can to protect them. But then get mo and you got a demonstrably evil person, the murderer of people whatever. And it's like, I don't care about that damn constitution. Do whatever you want, torture them, go ahead, it's gurro me, he's a terrorist. That it's the attitude that flows in when we get into these concepts that did create so much problems with people's respect for the Constitution.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know, as I also mentioned in the emails that we exchanged last night, I never got in.
Speaker 4: More trouble with my on air Fox colleagues. I'm not talking about management. I'm talking about my buddies.
Speaker 3: When I defended the constitutional rights of non Americans. But that's easy to do if you've studied the basics and the Constitution, because the relevant constitutional amendments protecting people when the government wants their life, liberty, or property, protects persons or people. It is not limited to just Americans, and the Supreme Court has made that very clear. Nevertheless, people have so much understandable, understandable animosity toward these guys that pulled off nine eleven, even though it was now twenty three years ago, that they don't seem to be interested in the niceties that do process.
Speaker 4: But think of it this way. If due process.
Speaker 3: Can be denied or watered down because the defendant is unpopular or perceived as probably guilty, that could happen to anybody. And the whole purpose of the Constitution is to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone. And politics, which is rearing its head in this College Saik Muhammad case, politics should not interfere with due process.
Speaker 4: We have a case here.
Speaker 3: Where the judge, the government lawyers, and the defense lawyers, and the defendants and the general supervising these prosecutions have all agreed to a plea bargain. They all signed the plea agreement, and then a month later, the Secretary of Defense, who is not a lawyer, decided, wait a minute, do we really want to look weak in the middle of a presidential election campaign. He didn't put it that way. The way he put it was, I want the public to see the evidence in this case.
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 3: If the public sees the evidence in this case, the government's behavior is indefensible, and you will expose your troops to the most vicious retribution. That's not me, that's the prosecutors in the case to the Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 1: And that's because of the torture that went on. Correct.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's all because of George W. Bush and colleagues. I mean, the Congress went along with this and torture. Has anybody been prosecuted for torture?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: One CIA agent was prosecuted because he revealed the torture and the names of the torturers, and he went to jail for three years.
Speaker 1: Wow. And that's hard to believe. And you know, the interesting maybe detail that my listeners aren't familiar with is that this is a military tribunal, correct, Yes, which means it.
Speaker 3: Is actually a federal court with the trappings of a military tribunal. When they tried to set it up like the post World War two military tribunals and then realized that these defendants didn't actually fly the plane, they didn't actually pull the trigger to kill people, they were conspirators and charged them with conspiracy, and Defense Council said, there's no conspiracy in the law of war. You either have to drop the conspiracy charger bring us before a regular federal court. Congress and the Bush administration responded by saying, okay, we'll turn the GITMO Tribunal into a federal court. They'll follow the federal rules of criminal procedure, but we'll keep it in guantanamobey and we'll let them pick their jury from amongst the military.
Speaker 1: But the judge is not necessarily as independent as an elected official might be because his boss is the one who said pull the plug on the plea agreement, correct.
Speaker 3: So he works for the same boss that the prosecutor works for. The chief prosecutor is an admiral, the judge a Navy admiral.
Speaker 4: The judge is an Army colonel.
Speaker 3: They are both active duty, they both work for the Secretary of Defense. They're both supposed to have independent judgment, and Secretary of Defense has big footed their independent judgment and said, get rid of the plea agreement.
Speaker 4: I want this guy tried.
Speaker 1: And that's where the absurdity this all comes in, because, as you point out in your column Gitmo and Politics, which comes out tonight at midnight. Recommend everybody read it. That a normal judge and the independent judge that wasn't speaking or reacting to that edict that from on high that you need to pull the plug on this plea agreement, would have said no, everyone here agrees, the prosecutor agrees, the defendant agrees to the plea agreement, and I, as judge, approve it. So you know, you can take your recommendation and put it where the sun don't shine. This is done.
Speaker 3: You know, under the federal rules of criminal procedure, once a guilty plea has been entered, signed, and accepted by the court, there are no do overs. So I really don't know how this ends. Now, just to make this even more absurd, this is the fourth judge on the case, and this is the second team of defense lawyers and the second team of prosecutors. Even though under the Constitution you're entitled to a speedy trial, this has been going on since two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's because of the legal machinations they had to go through because again they started it as a military tribunal, but as the Supreme Court said, well, this is not something that is appropriately in front of a military tribunal. So let's start over. Kick the can down the road. You and I. You're a judge, you know how long it takes the wheels of justice to turn correct.
Speaker 3: Has anybody been tried for nine to eleven? Yeah, you may remember this name. A guy by the name of Zacharias Musawi was indicted for being the twentieth hijacker and something happened.
Speaker 4: And he wasn't able to be around that morning. Obviously didn't die, he didn't fly the plane.
Speaker 3: He was charged with conspiracy to commit mass murdery pleaded guilty, and then they had a penalty phase trial.
Speaker 4: That the government spent millions on.
Speaker 3: The government tried to prove to a jury that he should be executed. The defense tried to approve to the jury that he should get life in prison. The jury in Virginia, where the government rarely loses, rejected the government's argument and he got life in prison. This was fifteen years ago. The same thing could have happened to these people in Guantanamo Bay if Bush and Cheney had not been so hung up on the macho nature of a military tribunal. As opposed to a regular criminal trial in a regular federal court, which never takes longer than two or three years from indictment to trial.
Speaker 1: Amazing well, and pivoting back to a conversation you and I had recently regarding our freedoms of speech. Hillary Clinton thinks that maybe people should be criminally or civilly prosecuted for the words that come out of their mouth. I see had a quote here. I also think that our Americans who are engaged in this kind of propaganda referring to the Russians maybe having an influence over someone's heart and mind, and whether they should be civilly or even in some cases criminally charged is something that would be a better deterrence. And ultimately made a point that I think we need to uncover all the connections and make it very clear that you could vote however you want, but we are not going to let adversaries, whether it's China, Russia, Iran, or anybody else. I emphasize, basically, try to influence Americans as to how we should vote in picking our leaders. Sir, I get my opinions, commentary, and my analysis based upon news sources from around the globe. I am entitled to do that. I can read a Russian report and you know, perceive it with some measure of bias, recognizing it's going to be biased towards Russia's positions, but ultimately those positions may be sound ones in my logical mind, I'm not. I haven't been convinced by some you know, paid adversary to reach that conclusion. I reach it on my own. I'm allowed to do that.
Speaker 3: She is former First Lady, of course, former United States senator, former Secretary of State, former Democratic Canada for president, and a graduate of Yale Law School, and she seems to have forgotten the basics on free speech. Guess what, Senator Clinton, Secretary Clinton, missus Clinton propaganda is protected free speech. One person's propaganda is another person's truth. The test of an idea, of a thought, of an opinion is its ability to be accepted in the marketplace of ideas, not its consistency.
Speaker 4: With what the government wants.
Speaker 3: The whole purpose of the First Amendment is to keep the government out of the business of evaluating the content of speech. I was surprised that Rachel Madbow, on whose show she said this, didn't jump down her throat. Rachel, though very left wing. Is a staunch defender of the freedom of speech. This is Clinton, though left wing is now an adversary to the freedom of speech unless she agrees with it.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking, George Soro spends a lot of money trying to influence the hearts and minds toward gravitating people toward leftist ideology. We're going to prosecute him. I'm not advocating for it. He can do whatever he wants with his money. But see, that's the point for her, It's a question of whose ox is being gored? Correct? Correct?
Speaker 3: It was just reprehensible and if you if you watch the clip, she she said it with such venom and fury, like she wants to take.
Speaker 4: Brian Thomas and judge Thepolitano.
Speaker 3: And make us defendants in some sort of a proceeding for what Because she doesn't like what we say, because Joe Biden doesn't like what we say, because Tony Blinken doesn't agree with what we say. That's that's as Unamerican as is imaginable.
Speaker 1: Well, seeing, get mo your honor, Okay, judge.
Speaker 3: The Politana's defending criminal defense rights and getvo because he's worried about ending up there himself.
Speaker 4: There was one American there, Jose Padilla.
Speaker 3: That's a long, long complicated stories, not there anymore, but he was there. There was another American there, John Walker Lynde, another long complicated story.
Speaker 4: But the other defendants there are not Americans.
Speaker 1: Well, so it is possible, Judge Jennita Palatown to find him online. Judging Freedom is searched for that you'll find his podcast. Are you going to be talking with today, you're honor.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to be talking to anybody from the Bengals or the Giants, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I wish you would. You can ask him about the one point two billion dollars stadium upgrade, which we the voters, the Hamilton County taxpayers, are going to have to pay. A topic for another day, and there will be another day. That'll be next Wednesday with another edition with Judge Enna Palatoonner here in the fifty five Carson Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Colonel Douglas McGregor at eleven o'clock Eastern is I most sought after guests to be with me today.
Speaker 1: Always enjoy it, your honor until next Wednesday. Best of health, you your honor, you're sir. It's always a pleasure. Thank you, Brian eight forty one fifty five care se detalk stations stick around. We're gonna hear from Jason Williams from the Quire speaking of the stadium, how much are you and I going to be paying for a one point two five billion dollar upgrade? A Sadly, I don't think the answer is zero. And anyway, Chimneycare Fireplace in Stow. I love to point out because this is the time of year we're not using our chimney stating the obvience. No, I'm not man's plaining. I'm just encouraging you to consider your safety right now while you're not using it. You need the Chimneycare fireplaces stove of experts at your home. They'll affect the chimneys. See if there's any water damage, See if you're lining his cracked, see if it needs to be swept, making sure it's venting appropriately. That's and that's the truth for you know, not just wood burning fireplaces. Gas. You can have some problems with gas. Maybe it's not functioning, operating correctly. The venting issue is a problem. That's why I always use that as an opportunity to say, please, Dear God, get a carbon monoxide detector. That's a simple, inexpensive life saver. So add that to your list of things to do. And when you're calling the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove to get that fireplace insert installed or a free standing stove installed, have them clean your dryer vent as well. Energy saver and of course, uh money money saver because your drying time continues to get longer and longer and more clogged than this. Plus you got that fire hazard thing going. A plus the better businesspeer for all things chimney and fireplace related. They have a beautiful showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road. Call them up for that inspection. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred Online Chimneycareco dot Com, fifty five car the talk station. Are you receiving letters