Speaker 1: Listen, all you New Yorkers.
Speaker 2: You can't taxi.
Speaker 3: Okay, they were looking around.
Speaker 4: This is the 77 WABC minicast. We love the great state of Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I've been to Oklahoma many, many, many times, and it's a great state, and they've got a lot of resources. Great people.
Speaker 4: Great people. I agree. And joining us now is the great governor there of Oklahoma, Governor Kevin Stitt. We miss you, Governor. You joined us in studio a couple times. We thought you were going to be, we thought it was going to be Kat Cosby and Governor Stitt.
Speaker 3: Hey, I love being on with you. I wish I was there in person in New York City. But John and Rita, it's always great talking to you.
Speaker 1: You too.
Speaker 4: You know, Governor, we wanted to get your take because you are such a great common sense guy. And you've got now This is in the Senate Democratic Party, of course. This is the nominee. And it's in the Mark Wayne Mullen seat, which we hope stays in Republican hands big time. But it's a DSA candidate. I mean, how is that possible in Oklahoma?
Speaker 3: Well, first off, Kevin Hearn is going to be the next U.S. senator to fill Mark Wayne Mullen's seat. Yeah, he'll definitely win in November. But that just shows you how, you know, the Democratic Party, their butt's in a sling a little bit because they've got these DSA candidates that are popping up everywhere. and it's really frightening. I mean, number one, I had to look up who this girl is because she's not going to win in Oklahoma, period. So don't worry about that. But really, the things that they're spewing and saying are just so anti-American. I don't know who would vote for these type of folks, but it's really concerning. I mean, they're just They believe more government control. They believe in the government grocery stores. We're seeing all the things happen nationally and very conservative. This lady wants to abolish the U.S. Senate. She wants to do just a bunch of crazy things. And but it doesn't stand up with Oklahoma values. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's for sure. By the way, you guys, I know, Governor, you're having a constitutional convention.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Tell us about it. We love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, absolutely. Well, we've got a really long constitution. We became a state in 1907. And so in our constitution, it gives the votes of the people every 20 years to say, hey, should we have a new constitutional convention to just modernize our constitution? Like one of the things, when the governor is out of the state, the lieutenant governor becomes governor because back in 1907, the governor was on a horse and buggy for a month going to Washington, D.C. So it made sense then. Well, now with technology, Those kind of things are just a little antiquated. And so our people get the chance every 20 years to say, should we relook at it? So that's what I that's what I've asked for. So that'll go to a vote of the people here in the not too distant future.
Speaker 4: And you've got obviously you guys are energy rich. I mean, you look at the whole thing. Talk about what you're doing there, especially with nuclear.
Speaker 3: Well, absolutely. Well, first off, Oklahoma, I tell our story all the time. We're a huge oil and gas state. We're so proud of our oil and gas industry. Because of that, we've got some of the most affordable electricity costs in the country. But I think what your listeners would find interesting as well is Oklahoma's number two in electricity generated by wind. in the entire country. And now we're one of five states that are looking at a nuclear innovation campus. And so President Trump is trying to say, hey, we've got to get our arms around this new generation. About 20% of the electricity generated nationally is from nuclear. And so Oklahoma wants to be one of those states that continues to develop the latest and greatest And these SMRs are also something that we're looking at to power smaller factories, data centers. It's a carbon neutral type facility. And it just makes a lot of sense to invest in nuclear. And that's why Oklahoma wants to continue to be an energy leader.
Speaker 1: That is the long-term solution of energy versus fossil fuels versus everything else. The stupid ones are the ones that the windmills don't work. And those solar cells are made in China. That is a bigger problem. And we have a common sense Democrat in the studio. We have Governor David Patterson. Governor, you want to ask the governor a question?
Speaker 2: No, I just want to tell the governor a story. In 2010, one Sunday morning, I was having a hard time. And this friend of mine who lived in New Jersey said, why don't we meet for breakfast and talk about it? So I went across the bridge like 15 minutes from where I live. But as you pointed out, I did not tell the lieutenant governor that I was going over the bridge. When they found out about it, they harassed me for months as if there was some secret mission or something.
Speaker 3: And the restaurant now.
Speaker 1: Like the mission with, what was it, two guys? With Hakeem Jeffries and.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, with Hakeem Jeffries and Jared Kushner?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Like you went over the bridge.
Speaker 1: I went over the bridge.
Speaker 2: And now that restaurant... has twice the customers it did before because there was so much publicity over that incident.
Speaker 1: Did you urinate there, too, so they could have a sign, Governor Patterson urinated here?
Speaker 4: You don't have to answer that, Governor.
Speaker 1: I don't recall. I don't recall, Your Honor. Governor, thank you so much for coming on today, and God bless America. May common sense prevail in our country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and keep up the great work there. You're doing some great stuff. Wonderful to have you here, Governor. And you've got to let us know when you're back in New York. We'd love to have you anytime.
Speaker 3: I love it. I'll come back and see y'all. And thanks so much. I love, John, what you're saying, common sense, because I always tell people I'm bringing Oklahoma common sense all over the world, and we need more of that.
Speaker 1: And we need the common sense Democrats to vote with us because we've got to win in November.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma, trust me, we'll send you another Republican senator.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Governor, thank you.
Speaker 4: It was wonderful to talk with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. What do we all stand for?
Speaker 3: Truth.
Speaker 1: Justice. And the American way.
Speaker 2: Yay!