Speaker 1: Linchintago, Orlando's rock station one O one one w j arm. Aren't this hour brought you by JR M. But likes Thursday night football pregame party. We're headed over to Brevard County this evening ahead of the Vikings and the Rams game, Taco.
Speaker 2: Bob, Satellite Beat, Sandbar and Satellite Beat starting at six. We're gonna have remind me b WO stickers to grab some off my desk.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We will also have concert tickets for next Friday show, right, a few pair of those, Oh, for the for the wage War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Halloween e Roast, and then we've got tickets for this weekend's Rocktoberfest as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, and of course bucket and pitcher specials because we're out there six S eight, Sandbar, Satellite Beach pre gaming.
Speaker 1: Baby, what you got over there? Pepperidge Farm is the company that puts out goldfish crackers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're tasty little morsels.
Speaker 1: I love goldfish. Pulling a little media stunt here. I got to give them some credit for creativity here, okay, And they're getting a lot of attention for doing this. They're temporarily rebranding goldfish crackers in an effort to appeal more to adults. I think adults already like them. But what are they doing Chilean sea bass crackers. Oh, do they have that taste to them? No, it's it's just it's in fact, you're not even going to see this in stores. It's a marketing gimmick. You could actually buy a limited number of these via online for the next few days or offering some up if you want it as a you know, a collectible or a funny haha. But Chilean seabash crackers dot com if you want more on this.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. When you were first saying about goldfish and I said, I like those, and you do too. Those are something and I almost mentioned this that you like from childhood when you eat them and then and the kids lose them in your car with the McDonald's friends, right from childhood all the way to grandmahood. Because my oh ma ate them Rest in peace. Om yes, rest in peace. But she ate them in her you know, one hundred and three. She'd eat them as a little snack.
Speaker 1: Because I am who I am. I did my little uh backgrounds research on goldfish crackers and I'm going to bring some info here, some fun facts for you. Okay, Now, you might think the goldfish crackers are you know, intended for kids, but no, when they were introduced in nineteen sixty two, they were targeted for adults, not kids. They marketed them as a new type of snack for bar tenders to put out. So, now, if you're younger, you may not know this, but it was very common to go into a bar and there'd be bulls full of snacks on the bar, and they use salty to get that pallette going and hopefully get you to order more drinks. But as you know, the killed joys of the world pointed out, it's not really sanitary for everybody to be sticking their paws into the same bowl of food and eating from it. That kind of died died out.
Speaker 2: Hell, what about when you go to the strip clubs in the nineties and too early two thousands and there's a bowl of popcorn right on the on the bar and you'd eat it.
Speaker 1: Now we've kind of just gone to having like that that machine off in the corner somewhere where you go and you know, maybe scoop some out before you enjoy the shoe show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, because there's nothing like when when you're eating off the bar while you have Porsche up there doing trails, you know, snails, You're like, all right, let me have some fist full of popcorn and pull out a nasty dollar build again again the hole. You ever ask a stripper for change, like when you're gonna put a dollar in a brell or a couple bucks, change for it? Now you go, Hey, I went, oh, could you break this ten for me? It just makes her reach so cheap. I go to the strip club with a roll of quarters. It's kind of no, not change change, but no, like it's it would be kind of demoralizing. For if you said, here's a five, Oh thanks, could you break that for me? And she's pulling those singles?
Speaker 1: I ever garden her? I think I think you would get a mouthful of stiletto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably so, or just that that spike on the stiletto right to the forehead.
Speaker 1: Who happened to your forehead?
Speaker 2: I ask for change for this five?
Speaker 1: Did you know that there's a tailor Swift themed cruise at sea right now?
Speaker 2: I thought you weren't gonna talk about her anymore? No I have to in this case, Okay, they swiftly at see. I guess it's a boat full of Swifties minus one fell off. Sixty six year old woman either fell or jumped overboard during the Taylor Swift themed cruise while off the coast of the Bahamas Tuesday night. The Coastguard called off the search yesterday pending any new developments. Now, this happened about seventeen miles north of NASA on the Bahamas. I think she jumped because she was just like, Okay, I'm swiftied out.
Speaker 1: I have to add, Here's what I wonder. I would think with the level that Taylor Swift has in commands with attention wise, that if it's a Taylor Swift themed cruise, everybody who's on that boat would be fully into the situation, as opposed to some of these themed cruises where they only have a portion of the boat, you know, guests on it or you might. I briefly thought to myself, could this possibly be that not everybody on board knew what was happening with this Taylor Swift themed cruise, thus maybe entertaining the idea I can't take it anymore jumping, Yeah, I'm gonna end it.
Speaker 2: You've really thought deep into that I did. I'm a thinker taco right after you're doing goldfish research.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I I fill my afternoons. Uh, completely prepping to the max for this show.
Speaker 2: The next day, somebody said at two two five, two six, it was always the salty snacks on the bar with a nice smelling ash tray right next to Yes.
Speaker 1: You were so right the best. And you know that.
Speaker 2: Somebody you know's a couple beams in and flick their ashes right in the salty snacks by mich today.
Speaker 1: And if you think those draft beer lines were cleaned back in the day on a regular basis, I'd.
Speaker 2: Say for drinking out of a catheter that just hurts and his gross all at the same time. Finally, there's this this kind of bittersweet. On a personal level, The Long Trouble TGI Fridays appears to be approaching bankruptcy status, according to several financial reports that have leaked out. Maybe Flavor Flavo save him.
Speaker 1: You think he's down with the TGI as well as red Lobster. I mean, he's that could be his new thing, you know, as a restaurant saver. He's he's Flavo save or save o Flave. Maybe we could start a campaign right now to get Flave to hop on board to help Fridays.
Speaker 2: But you have to remember, even though TGI Friday is they say is going for bankruptcy, that doesn't mean they're going out of business. That means their restructure. That's what they hope to be able to do.
Speaker 1: Uh. They they've been in a downward spiral for quite some time, and uh there's questions as to whether or not they'll actually be able to continue if after said bankruptcy occurs. Now, the reason I bring up Bitter Sweet.
Speaker 2: You know why, when's the last time you went there? I'm going to tell you because you took your wife there on a date. Nope, you were my dates. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It was the TGI Fridays in Altamont Springs when it was still there which is now Twin Peaks where we were approached about being rehired and given a second chance at this radio station. Oh that's right. I will forever remember that. Thank you Linda Bird who single handedly made that possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember sitting in that booth and was Linda at that or just great? It was Linda and Rick okay, because we had a Rick meeting a little earlier than that. He called us, he said, would you be open to meeting? Yes, and you're just gonna sign this nd L Huh what's da n I L P I l.
Speaker 1: At ya. Just I bring that up on a personal level because we really were at the end of our which end seriously, Yeah, and had fretty much which's been blackballed out of this town. Yeah, radio wise, And it was Linda who who went up against the powers to be campaigned.
Speaker 2: Said, come on, the morning show needs these guys. These guys back. I don't know why because they're kind of like, you know, on the scale.
Speaker 1: Well, no, what it is she she realized you all were demanding it and it was the right move. And we thank all of you as well to this day for making a bunch of noise to get us back. And I will never forget that.
Speaker 2: No. That's why every time we're out or a lot of times during the show, we'll say we don't have a show without you, because you guys guys on DYS brought it back with that.
Speaker 1: Best of luck to TGI Fridays
Speaker 2: Still on demand, download the iHeartRadio app