Speaker 1: On on on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm intense.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the CECO pre Show for episode four ninety three, four ninety three. I hope so because I don't have my computer in front of holy shit, Yes, sir, We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash CEEO podcast. Whether they like it or not, and they don't, well fuck them, then we're I guess we're done.
Speaker 3: Excellent. That's good.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it.
Speaker 3: There, we did it, so we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna jump right into it today, Ryan, jump right into We had some comments on the last video. I was very excited to talk about last week's deck, very excited.
Speaker 3: If you don't want didn't talk about the deck. We just talked about the new cards.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing, and here's the thing, the new decks because they have so many new cards in them. A thing last week's deck power three or less in the bin. Then they come out of the bin. That's what the deck does, and it does it well. Today we're gonna talk about the final Fantasy ten deck. You know what it does tomorrow counters and you know how it doesn't very well. And the other two decks are the same. They do their shit and they do it well. So telling you that the Equipment deck does equipment good, yeah, is kind of a waste of time when there's twenty five really cool new cards to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh but, uncle Brando, what about the reprint of Sorts to Plowshares?
Speaker 3: Do you not have a Sorts to plow Shares?
Speaker 2: What about the reprint of Arcane Signet?
Speaker 3: Do not have an arcane segment?
Speaker 2: But it has a new art?
Speaker 3: The arts are great?
Speaker 2: What about Command Tower?
Speaker 3: Also great?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: There you go, right like it's good? Like the reprints are really cool. The new arts are actually stupendous. I've been actually coming through them all week looking at all the cool new stuff.
Speaker 2: I can I say something about that?
Speaker 3: Tell me the.
Speaker 1: Reprints with new art that don't look like fine no Fantasy art, Oh come.
Speaker 3: On, come on, I mean none of them.
Speaker 4: They look like they look magic art with Final Fantasy ship in the in the thing?
Speaker 3: Sure right?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I agree, because I know everything about Final Fantasy as evidenced last.
Speaker 3: Week as a game, we've been talking with the what do he calls them? The uh beyond time?
Speaker 4: Those ones are what they are and you can love them or you can hate them. I've seen both sides.
Speaker 2: Of I'm coming around on those actually.
Speaker 4: And I'm fine with them.
Speaker 3: I still think they kind of look like Etsy proxies, but you know what.
Speaker 2: So, yes, they're cool.
Speaker 4: There's some cool ones. There's some that I kind of wish they had have picked better art. They did Kefka as Perferro, so I'm gonna get me one of those went straight into normOn.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you got a perfero? So it does not look like.
Speaker 3: A I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I'm about that's like a new card to you. I know that is like a new card. It doesn't even exist, and it's like, hey, this should go north.
Speaker 4: That's gonna cost so many dollars though, because it's gotta be foil and it's in the manner you shitt taka and it's holy God, I hope I opened one.
Speaker 1: Kefka AFC Kentucky Fried Chicken kefka correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, But the point is the decks kind of do what they do, and they do it well, and they're very well done, and the reprints aren't. Maybe I'm not going to say they're spectacular, but they're not terrible.
Speaker 3: There's lots of two to three dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: It's all the stuff that I would come to expect in a Commander pre con, along with like fifteen or twenty one dollar non basic lands, which is completely serviceable to make a three color deck work, because that's what they all are, right, three color?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 1: Whenever we see a universe is beyond deck, it sort of sets a new bar for what is a bracket too, like a core deck, like a pre con power deck, think of Warhammer forty K jesus, those the Necron deck, in particular the Mono Black one slap, We're crazy, yeah, and then the Lord of the Rings ones like, oh my god, except for the voting one. Yeah, that one can pounce in. But the other three were actually really good. The Doctor who Wants Timey Whimy was like what, yeah, really good, and these ones I think, oh, never mind Fallout to the Fallout one, the mod the Mothman one, Yeah, with rad Counters surprisingly good for how not good rad Counters seemed like they were going to be. I think the final Fantasy decks are going to follow suit.
Speaker 4: Although I think that final Fantasy decks I think are going to because they're less specific on a weird like The Doctor Who Wants, for example, used a bunch of either just inside of them mechanics that only worked within the set, or they picked up on things like suspend and time counter very acute.
Speaker 2: I would call that.
Speaker 4: Just just stuff that nobody was really doing. Unless you're playing Joy or of the Gee too, you're doing that.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 4: Whereas I think that the final Fantasy ones you're gonna see these be very very upgradeable because Mardo out of the graveyard little stuff or just counters the deck. He attracts the colors. You can add the whole decks to attracts the deck.
Speaker 2: You can get very well.
Speaker 1: Get this, how many times at our local shop have you lost to the dude who plays the upgraded Salmon Frodo pre con? Like, I freaking play that guy all the time. He's playing that deck all the time, and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well that's George George with no g's he's from Serbia.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he would have no g's, just Jay's, that's right, and a d.
Speaker 3: Did George did George?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like our buddy Darcy with an apostrophe because he fancy Yeah, that's French for Darcy.
Speaker 3: Or something played against that deck last night.
Speaker 2: And it's freaking good that blew him out.
Speaker 3: Oh, blow him out big time.
Speaker 2: You love blowing the j's baby. I like that man.
Speaker 3: I took him downtown to Chinatown.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thought a bunch of town, bought a bunch of knockoff merchandise and some delicious food, and then left him there.
Speaker 1: To die and microwaved it three times, Yeah, until it was as hard as a breck. Then you put it in a freaking CEO T shirt and clubbed him over the head with it like he was.
Speaker 2: Max Crandell.
Speaker 3: I ate the rice.
Speaker 4: I ate it, although if you can keep it kind of moist, if you put a little soy sauce on there, because then it gives it a little moisture and then it it stays not hard. You know what it's like instead of eating slivers of coconut, it's like eating old rice.
Speaker 2: Moist rice.
Speaker 1: Hard coconut has to be the CEO pre show, Max.
Speaker 2: Crandell, I don't even think produce your Harry knows who Max Crandell is. Man? What an idiot?
Speaker 4: Max Crandeller, Garry, who am I talking about?
Speaker 3: I haven't thought about Max and Alonta.
Speaker 4: But the point is that decks are good, and that's why we're kind of focusing on the cards. And last week I kind of let it get away from me because I'm so excited about Final Fantasy six and I knew for a fact that I was probably gonna get carried away with seven as well. So we're gonna save that until next week. We're going to do ten and fourteen today because I don't All I know about fourteen is what five called the motto at Angelo and Aaron.
Speaker 3: Told me last week.
Speaker 4: And I've only played through ten one time, so I know who everybody is.
Speaker 3: But that's it.
Speaker 1: Need I remind you. Oh, we'll be getting carried away. I mean, yeah, that's what we do.
Speaker 3: It's how we do things around here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you've got beer in the fridge. I know that I do, and I have that's.
Speaker 2: A little bit of his secret for the listeners at home. I have beer in my car. So we'll be getting carried away.
Speaker 3: So the point isn't gonn We're gonna stay for the stream with us.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe you know what Smitty's coming, Ben might come. No one's gonna be here it's gonna be a party.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna beat Star Tropics tonight. I realized that, smitty. But people who are watching this, you can check out media, Dota, Twitch, dot Tv, Slash, duff nav media, you can.
Speaker 3: You can check out some of our stuff. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: We're playing Final Fantasy six over there for anybody who's interested. And we're gonna beat Star Tropics tonight.
Speaker 2: Never heard of. It's gonna be good. My family is grad sailing in Martinsville. Why because that's like their thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you ever, just like you know how you know how different pocket communities around the town or whatever have have like community grad sales. Yeah, you can hit up like fifteen grad sales on one block or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah like that.
Speaker 1: But in Martinsville and Rebecca's meeting her friend who moved there, and they got for our rock trench that we're building. So she's off picking rocks, which is actually funny now that I say it. And I was just gonna go and this sounds like an excuse though it ain't. I was gonna go build a fence. But doesn't that sound made up?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: That's like, that's like, that's that's like saying, my buddy John Smith totally made up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go build a fence.
Speaker 3: I knew a John Smith.
Speaker 2: We know Joel Smith, do we? Well? Not anymore? His dad was two time Junior Award winner with Lyndon Smith.
Speaker 3: A few Joel's last name is Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally freaking made up sounding.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, there's no way that's his real name. No, no wonder, no wonder. We can't find him.
Speaker 4: He's a witness protection. Where else did you get a name like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the FBI just made his name Smith so everybody could.
Speaker 2: Find him, So nobody could find him exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when everybody's unique, nobody is, or when nobody's unique, everybody is. When your name's Joel Smith, I guess you freaking can be found or cannot be found.
Speaker 2: And remember when he came to f you Smitty's last time at Christmas and.
Speaker 3: He rodingers Joel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he bought that.
Speaker 1: He bought that big ass freaking candy cane of just fireball shots?
Speaker 2: Were you there? Yeah? I had three? How mean you have?
Speaker 4: I don't remember, so it must have been several.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember that time we were drinking tequila at f. E.
Speaker 1: Smitti's, and we had all those shots lined up on a paper plate because I was doing the thing where where you pour them all like this and and you go over all the different cups, and I spelt frickin everywhere, and everybody took their shot, and then there was one extra in the plate, and then somebody drink the plate. It's like the Tim Mortons commercial.
Speaker 2: That I hate the ball.
Speaker 3: I think that that was.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the night that we tried to do open flippy, like legit open Flippy with a whole box of the first modern.
Speaker 3: Masters or whatever.
Speaker 2: No, that was a different night.
Speaker 4: J just got accidentally hammered.
Speaker 2: I think you threw up?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I think you might be the I think that you might be the like the the last adult I've ever met who threw up at like a children's party.
Speaker 3: I doubt. I'm sure somebody's thrown up at the house. Somebody just haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, here leave it a comment.
Speaker 3: This is how you win the.
Speaker 4: Bolster pack gameh When was the last time you threw up at a house party?
Speaker 2: Yes, if you've never been to a Cecio.
Speaker 1: Experience, but have you ever thrown up at a CEO experience.
Speaker 4: A sink guy, So he called him sink oh frick besides him because that was the next day, and he never drank beer.
Speaker 2: He's just a hard liquor guy. So I'm not counting that.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite stories.
Speaker 1: Because it was such a this is a beautiful silence and everybody's just chilling on the couch.
Speaker 3: Just wait, it was just this beautiful day, we're just chilling. It was so good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I will never ever, I will be eternally grateful Jared sink guy can forty for doing that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And you know what it's like, It's like watching funny videos of people getting hitt in the nuts.
Speaker 2: It's always funny.
Speaker 3: And for old people slipping on the ice.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like that. I don't like that. No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: But when you hear somebody gag or puke, you instantly know what that is. Like there's only one thing that sounds like that, and I think it's always funny. Like when somebody's gagging, that's freaking funny.
Speaker 4: Why is that the one unique sound we make?
Speaker 3: Like? Is it sex? Is it tennis?
Speaker 1: I can usually tell is it exercise, like a grunt of exertion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what yeah, you know, Like there's so many sounds that are like that, but.
Speaker 2: That are like like a grunt of exertion. But I can tell the difference.
Speaker 4: But when somebody's like heaving and just heave ho in it all day, like, you know exactly what's happening. Because there's only one thing that sounds like I wonder why that is, Like, of all of the unique.
Speaker 3: Sounds that the human being can make.
Speaker 4: Why is that the one?
Speaker 3: Why is it that one?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But you know what I just thought of.
Speaker 4: Why can't we make a great sound when we're happy?
Speaker 1: I just thought of, like you know how parakeets or parrots are birds or whatever. Birds cockatoos can make sounds like what we make. They can't talk, but they mimic the sound that they hear. Because birds can make such a wide variety of sounds, what if there was just a bird who made the gagging heaving sound. Hey, I mean they already sound like that. Crows already do that. Crows and magpies already, and and ravens already do that.
Speaker 3: Do they have crows and magpies everywhere?
Speaker 4: Another way, to enter the Ceo Boo booster pack game, where you can win a Ceco sticker pack huh, Ceco token pack hunt, or a plain old Chrommy pack of magic cards. Do they have crows and magpies where you live? When we say crows and magpies, do people even know what we're talking about? I think ravens only live like up north.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody knows what the common crow is because they are so unanimous or so populous across pretty much the entire world. But like, is it the North American magpie?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They're black and white.
Speaker 1: And they steal eggs from robins and they eat garbage and they are like a scavenger bird, like a crow on them. Yeah, but not as not as smart because like people don't give crows enough credit.
Speaker 2: Crows are the smartest bird, very smart.
Speaker 1: Even if they can't make a wide enough variety of sounds for people to think that they can talk, they totally can. Crows can communicate with each other, they can solve puzzles.
Speaker 2: They are the smartest bird.
Speaker 1: And ravens are, especially where we live. Ravens are like crows, except they have bigger beaks.
Speaker 3: And they they're ten feet tall, and.
Speaker 2: They're so big. Man.
Speaker 1: You ever go to Thompson Manitoba, they call them Thompson turkeys. They eat garbage and they just grow. They don't stop growing, like freaking Magpies are like bigger than baldy or sorry, ravens are like bigger than bald eagles.
Speaker 2: They're they're freaking huge.
Speaker 3: That's sick.
Speaker 2: Their heads are like bigger than like my head.
Speaker 4: We should get one, and they live in the studio.
Speaker 2: No, no, their friends know.
Speaker 1: It would constantly try to escape and eat our stuff, and it would get into everything, and it would try and make nests on all the cords, and oh, it would destroy the place. What if it didn't want to escape And I don't think that you can like litter train birds, so there would be also shit everywhere.
Speaker 4: That's the one that because I feel like we could probably convince the bird they didn't want to go anywhere.
Speaker 3: This play. This is pretty rat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah for sure, because there's food around here. There's enough food that it wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: He'd want to chill and like hang out. He'd go in the backyard and play with Maggie.
Speaker 1: Right, we could have Maggie and the magpie. That could be a segment on Duffer and Avenue Media exactly.
Speaker 3: That would be super fun.
Speaker 4: You have the crole here, we get them a little hat, yes, a little tuk or something.
Speaker 3: You have a little vest.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: There were war with magpies here because they're terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm at war with magpies because they chase away all the native birds at my acreage when houses are being built, because magpies come in and like steal all the garbage, and they wherever there's garbage, magpies and ravens come because they think there's gonna be food.
Speaker 3: Stupid.
Speaker 1: No, because they're smart. Stupid because humans are stupid and we just leave our refuse everywhere and to nature, like like a bird who lives in nature is like, oh, that must be a food source, because there's stuff everywhere. There's gotta be something, maybe a dead animal, maybe a piece of a chicken wing scrap, maybe a freaking empty chip bag?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 4: I know that there are funnier things, But for the sake of this conversation, I guess, is there anything kind of more funny to watch than a bird like trying to get that folded up chip bag open to see and chip, and it's.
Speaker 1: Very Birds are so funny. I like, birds are disgusting and terrifying, but also funny, yeah, kind of like throwing up. Yes, disgusting and terrifying and sometimes painful.
Speaker 4: I have a bunch of chickatis that live near my house and they feed, they go onto my bird feeder, yeah, and then they hang out on my deck and then they cop around in my plant bands and stuff.
Speaker 1: And when when I used to work up at Fort McMurray, there would be ravens big enough they'd sit up on the light poles like in grocery store parking lots, and everybody drives a truck there because it's up like it's.
Speaker 2: A northern blue collar working community.
Speaker 1: So everybody's got trucks jacked up with the nuts on the freaking ball hitch, right trailer hitch.
Speaker 4: Not only do they have little wieners, but they're driving around in giant cocks and they want toybody to know what it's a giant cock because they add balls to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's more of a meme now than anything. But anyways, these these ravens would sit up on the light posts. People would put their groceries in the back of a truck and from the time it takes for you to get into your truck, like you put your groceries in the back of the truck, and they know because it's how smart they are to not fly down there when you're outside your truck, but you close the door of your truck to drive away, and they swoop down and they'll attack your grocery bags and they'll steal your freaking food. People would like put boards over top of their grocery bags or put them in their front seat or whatever. Can you imagine having to do that to fight frickin' turkeys off that are like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fight birds off that they're stealing your damn food. You gotta have like cletus in the back seat with a gun.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you can't shoot them because they're scavengers. They're like they're they they do like road clean up and garbage cleanup and stuff. My brother's old boss had to apply for an accept at the golf course to shoot ravens and magpies and crows because they would steal people's golf balls.
Speaker 2: From the green.
Speaker 4: And he's like, I have to shoot these things because they thought they were eggs.
Speaker 2: Maybe stupid appen one time.
Speaker 1: Actually, one time they were having a grill at the golf course and he's got the barbecue like this right, he turns around to get the stuff and turn back around, and the time he turned around, a bird swooped down, grabbed his steak and flew off.
Speaker 4: Awesome and birds are awful, just awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless it's Magui here deck. That deck's kind of cool. What Yeah, never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a four to four flying vigilance gives other birds I control vigilance. It costs two less if I drew two cards that turn. It's a good card, underrated, remains great and lord of the rings limited. I think that's why I built the deck around it.
Speaker 2: The deck's not that good. That's some magic talk. That's the magic talk, you know.
Speaker 4: Else, we'renna matchup top roun Yes, sir, tomorrow on the CCO Show Proper, episode four ninety three, we're gonna talk about final fantasy of the deck. I think it's Esper that's fourteen and some other fucking color that's ten. And we're gonna do that tomorrow. Hit our theme song