Speaker 1: Last night, I suffered a brain injury. Oh no rescrolling. And the last time I had a concussion was when Frogman happened. I forgot how did you get the Frogman concussion? I was playing basketball and got a concussion that morning playing pickup basketball with Frogman and last night. So now as I get older, I still love pickup basketball. But you have to be super careful because when you get to be my age, you know, you realize you're on borrow time, like you're playing pickup basketball beyond the point where you should like I could have an achilles or a knee injury or the next big injury I have. It's like I'm done forever. You're what we would call high risk, very high risk. The beauty is there is a guy that I play with who's significantly older than me. Yeah, that's great. Occasionally you hear stories a guy's playing another six yeah, seven, he's like what. There's a guy I played with who's a retired Southwest Airlines pilot and he's sixty three. And when I first started getting matched up with this guy, I was like, man, this is depressing for me. They're like, why don't you guys guard each other? I was like, oh no, it's like that. And so at first I was like, I'm gonna take it easy on this guy. It's an unfair matchup for me. And then he started busting my ass, just hitting threes right in my face. I was like, God, you gotta dominate from the jump. Yeah, and so so anyways, but at my age, I love basketball. I just want to play and not get hurt. So the main thing I don't do is I avoid the areas where there are the propensity to roll an ankle, like in the paint. I'm not hard charging into the paint, jumping up as high as I can to come down with a rebound, because that's where all the feet are. Yeah, you know what I mean. I want to roll my ankle, and if you jump, you just want to jump straight up a little bit. He's barely just like you can't even fit in like a playing card under my shoe. Right. What sucks is when someone wants to get a they want a sky for a rebound over you. Yeah, yeah, man, And you know there. I've had some bad injuries. The worst injury I ever got playing pickup basketball was our buddy Travi. You were at that game, right, yeah. He had hit two straight threes on me, and so I could tell he was about to shoot another three, and my teammates are going dude, and so I'm like aggressively out on him, going dude, just do anything, Just pass the ball, just don't try to shoot another three on me. I can't let you hit three in a row. And so I was right up on him, and so he picked the ball up and was like trying to create space, and he hit me right in my mouth with his elbow. This is what created poop tooth, right, yeah, yeah, snap my front tooth in half right there on the court. And it was since my brother had knocked out my tooth when I was in school for sneaking his car out, it was already like a cosmetic fake tooth, uh huh. And when he hit me with his elbow, it cut my real tooth underneath the veneer and the veneer in half. And so insurance was like, wait, that was already a cosmetic tooth, and so to fix it is cosmetic. No, we're not paying for that. So it ended up being like six grand out of pocket, Oh my goodness for it, just because he hit me in the mouth. And so I'm like, anyways, that was a long time ago, and I'm just trying to avoid getting hurt. There is a guy that I play with in my Tuesday I have a great group that I play with a group on Sunday and I play with a group on Tuesday, two totally different groups. Actually there's one or two guys that play in both games. But there's one guy that occasionally plays who he sets off my injury radar. Not because he does anything wrong or anything. He's a phenomenal athlete, but he's one of those guys that's so athletic he can't control what is about to happen. He's just exploding out of a cannon on every play. Yes, like he's got explosiveness, and so he can I mean, he is a phenomenon. I thought, like last night before we played, I was like, how old are you? I thought he was gonna say twenty nine. He goes forty four. I was like, oh my god. And so this guy could jump. He can dunk easily, be wanted to get, just jump up in the air as high as he wants. He's quick, he's fast, he could guard anybody on the or He's just an amazing athlete. The last time I played with him, he was doing something and he slammed into both of my knees going the opposite direction, almost bent both of my knees back the other way, just because he was aggressively playing on some other guy. He wasn't even my guy, and he just slid into me, and like, you have to be aware of where he's going to be, just because he's wildly athletic, and it's you know, he's just a really good athlete. Yeah, there's a lot of feet and arms and things there that could injure you. And so I for what I want with old man basketball, I just want predictability. The more I've played with you, the more I know what you're gonna do. I'm like, that's great, dude. I hope you have a fun night. If you score sixty points on me, that's awesome for you. I hope you have that. But I'm not. We're not playing for the World championship, and I just don't want to get hurt. And so the typically the guys I match up with are not real mobile, just like I'm not. It's a good matchup, right, So last night we just started playing and the guy who's a really great athlete, was on the other team, and he was guarding the best player on our team. And that guy, the best player in my team, faked a shot, and so I turned around because I thought he was gonna shoot. So I'm waiting for a rebound. I'm not jumping, I'm not moving, I'm just boxing out, waiting to see if I can get a rebound offensive rebound. Meanwhile, he pump faked and then attacked the basket kind of right where I was, okay, And so I was turned around to the play that was happening. That's shocking, right, And remember what I told you KT, when you're on defense, always see your man in the ball. So the super athletic guy is guarding this other really good player on our team, and they get up way up high in the air. And the guy who's super athletic probably got up a foot higher than the other guy. That's just how he rolls. Well, it just so happens that he came down with full power, accidentally, not intentional at all, and hit me right in the top of my head with his elbow. Oh that sounds so painful.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: It hurts so bad. It was like getting hit with like a baseball bat, like a wooden baseball back god, and I they told me what I said was oh f this, and I just I just or oh f no, and I just walked off into this other part of this place we were playing and went and laid down. Oh no, and you don't remember? And it well, I got my bell rung, Dude, I got it wrong. And it was not anyone's fault. It was just an accident, super good athlete just having an elbow me elbowed me in the top of my skull. But they they wouldn't let me drive home, so I had to uber. I can't remember you're supposed to lay down when you get a concussion or now I think you're supposed to, like just not supposed to fall asleep, okay. And so they got me an ice pack and I just laid down and put this ice pack on my head for a while, and then I caught an uber home. Have you noticed how few frogs? That's what you said from the next room, like, Hey, what is he saying about frogs? But I'm like whatever, I got my bell rung, But man, I'm still feeling it, like I'm a little groggy a little dizzy. It's a little weird. Where was this what part of time? Frisco? Oh okay, so getting an uber home wouldn't No, I wasn't that bad. It wasn't that bad at all. You can't meet your car this morning. I had to go get my car on my way into work. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy, right, that is very crazy. And then and this is what your fifth concussion? It felt like you've had a bunch. I had seen two or three of them when you got one at the Gay Lord when he chair fell or something that's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I don't remember it. I don't remember that. Was that the one where then we turned around and saw the dude from Arrested Development, Jeffrey Tambor. I remember Jeffrey Tambor. I think he can cuss to you. There was one time I was playing softball and I slid into third base and I slid into someone's knee hit me right in the top of my nose and my cardinals and my nose is still facing the wrong way. Wow. If you were to be cocaine, then I snorted, you'd go on that adventure and see that's not equal. So yeah, I guess I probably had five concussions, maybe six.
Speaker 3: You had none one in elementary. It was a minor one though.
Speaker 1: I was at a party in high school and I was sitting on the couch and a speaker that was mounted up high in the living room fell on my head. And I was just sitting on the couch listening to depeche Mode or whatever. And then suddenly everything was like and I was looking around and everyone was looking at me the shock, you know, the look of a shock and horror. They're like, oh my god, are you okay. I'm like what And then there was just a speaker on my shoulder. Oh like, it didn't hit It hit my shoulder and my head at the same time. If it had hit square on my head, I probably would have just died. I thought you were gonna say you were at a party and saw me you get headbutted I did see that. So what happened was we were playing the game Chase, the quarters game Chase, and I think I think Ben had had a few. I had had a few. And then there was this guy in our high school. He was like he was he developed really quickly, so he was like it was like a thirty year old model hanging out with high school kids. And he walked out and Ben had had That was the night you swallowed the quarter, right, yeah, excellently swallowed the quarter while we were playing Chase. While we were playing Chase, and so Ben went outside because he was like, God, why did that happen? And then this guy walked out saw Ben and it was just like a movie and a moment in a movie, like a high school party movement in a movie. And he just said or something and then he headbutted Ben and then walked off. He just headbutted me for the sake of headbutting. I mean, it's just you know, something you do in high school or whatever. And I remember watching him walk I was like, why did Jimmy do that? So weird? And then I looked at Ben was laid out flat in the yard. You also saw me get a concussion. I may have had like seven or eight. You've got a lot of concussions causes that lobotomy left the theme song of MAVs Vice President of Digital Content Mike Marshall here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. Now we like to give things away, and we use that free iHeart app in order to do it. So I hope you have it. If you don't, you're missing out. We're gonna take the third person that gives us their name, their phone number, their email address via the talkback feature on the iHeart app, and the answer to the question what medical ailment did Ben suffer from last night? We told you in the first segment we broke it all down. If you can tell us what happened to Ben last night physically slash medically, and you're the third person with your name, your phone number, your email address, you are going to win some tickets to go see something cool What is it? Volby the Greatest of All Tours with special guests Hailstorm and the Ghost Inside at the Pavilion Toyota Music Factory on July twenty eighth. Good luck, everybody. We got some cowboy news to get to at about thirty minutes or so. But right now, you know, before we do the Hollywood Shuffle, I want to ask you guys something right quick. The if you guys ever been to a restaurant at like a small house. There's a steak joint in Frisco. I think it's Randy, Yes, yes, oh yeah, it's a legendary Randy's got a hell of a laugh. Yeah, I remember that. It's boisterous. There's a place in Denton. Uh, I hope I'm pronouncing this right. I believe it's pronounced osteria ill muro dude, which I think translates to the restaurant of the wall or something. But it's like this chef and it's a little house, and it's in Denton. It's probably about five minutes or maybe even less than five minutes from downtown where like east Side and all those joints are. It's right around the court from that, but it's in what used to be a little house, you know. The other like you'll see this, like I always thinking about this in rock Wall, like near a town square, there'll be old houses and people will convert them to their insurance office or you know the little little cpa, little businesses, those kinds of things. This is just a house that has been converted to a restaurant and it does not seat more than twenty people, I don't think. So. It's one of those deals where you have to get reservations on the first Monday of the month and they usually go in thirty seconds for the whole month. It's crazy, but apparently the porch the patio seating they do every day, I think, and it's the same thing. If you can get in, you can get in, depending on if they're actually doing the patio that day. I think it's only open four or five days a week, and the menu is different every day. What type of food Italian food. It's mostly like like they have three courses. Well, no, they'll have four courses, but the main course is like some sort of pasta dish, and then they'll have anti pasta, which you say on Italian menus, which basically just means a non pasta starter of some kind. And it's it's really really good. It's like really high end, and they do a new menu every day. I think the reason is now the guy that I was with last night told us this, and he could be wrong. The restaurant people didn't tell us this, but they don't have a freezer or whatever, so they literally go to the market every morning and get what they're gonna make that day. Wow, right, so super fresh. The waitress her name was Blinn, and she was badass. She had smart details about every single thing on the menu, Like she could go down the entire menu and describe it perfectly. They had, you know, a really nice wine selection. They had four or five different beers. It was cool. But I love little experiences like, yeah, that's so much better than going to Poncho's. Well, what would you compare like? This sounds a little bit like the sushi joint that's in the hotel. Yeah, that's oh macsa whatever, the scratch By Sushi it's called. Yeah, we went to scratch By Sushi. But there's a lot of kitchens, big thing right now. Yeah, but it's like you're talking about Bennet's usually twenty people twenty five. You know, it's small. You know, it's hard to get reservations. It's certainly a trend in the dining world. It's premium. The place that I would compare it to that I've been to in Dallas is Nona, which is really good Italian restaurant or Buddy bl works there. Did he really win Waiter of the Year again? Yes, number one waiter in the world, in the world, Okay, Okay, I wasn't sure. Yeah, because I knew that he had had it like nineteen consecutive years, I didn't know he got it again. Yeah. I think there when he gets to twenty, they're going to retire it and they're just going to call the award the bl Serve Riot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gets to choose a waiter of his choice, like the Waiter of the year, like the Man of the Year. Yeah right, for those who are giving back in the community. Yeah right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like the Vaulter Payton Yeah for waiters. Yeah, but it's bl So you went to a high end Italian joint but didn't go see bl at Nona's what you're saying. Didn't invite us and didn't invite us at all. But let me just say I would have gone. I would have had a way better night last night. Yeah, you make a touch right now. It doesn't feel high end though, Like you know, it's not like it's an old house. Do they keep it decorated like a house? Like did you just go sit on the couch and like that in your plate as you're watching TV? That would be pretty cool. I mean it's been reconfigured for like bathrooms and kitchen and all that, and then there's a little counter when you walk in. But I mean it just felt like being in a little video. We were on the patio, but I did go into go to the bathroom and got to walk in, and I was I very much want to see, all right, how many people are in here? Was it weird rocking a deuce in a small house that was also a restaurant, especially just doing it on the floor there in the dining area. Okay, man, come on, MANU, kids are listening. You brought it up. It was your joke. But no, I would recommend it if you can get in that. That was the other thing. I had no desire to go to Denton last night. I was exhausted because I'd been in Santonio the night before. I flew in did the show, and then my wife was like, can we please go to this restaurant tonight. We've been trying to get in for months and they just happened to get us in. Skin and I were walking. We were in the elevator coming up to the third floor, and cause he's too lazy to walk upstairs, and while we were in that elevator, he was telling that story in this lady. Right at that point when he goes my wife said, do you want to go to Denton? And this lady goes ha like that, and she didn't get in Gun joke, the privilege. She yeah, but she was just kind of laughing at him. You know, I think I personally loved Denton. I just don't want to go to Denton after flying in from San Antonio and then working and then yeah, and then I had to race home to get her and race out to Denton. I thought she was laughing at Hey. That's how relationships are. So you do things for somebody you're in a relationship with it they really want to do, and we're exhausted. I think that's what she was keen in on. And so what happened too is like I think I just got into the station and I was my head was spending, I was tired, and I looked down and my wife was like, I need to know right now. We got to go to Denton, right, I need to know now or they're gonna kick us out. And I'm like, uh, yeah, I want to go to Denton's so bad. Yeah, let's go, honey, I'm in. You're a good man. Though it was it was worth it. It was worth it. And now and then when you go, you have to go to east Side right afterwards and get a beer. You have no choice. So we got home from Denton last night at like ten forty five. Okay, it's not bad. I mean it's not good.
Speaker 2: I was already asleep for you.
Speaker 1: Really, what did you do last night? Christina?
Speaker 2: We watched F one and Severance.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, the movie F one with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 4: No, that's not out yet, just Survive is out. We're catching up on the new season. And then Severn So we watched the weird episode where they're on the outing together. Oh yeah, good one strange, and then I passed out, like I'm done.
Speaker 1: Is that season two that you're talking about? Okay, so you're blazing important one. How many have come out so far this year? Because aren't they releasing them? Hey, there's two more left? Okay, so oh it's a ten episode. Yeah, they drop them on Friday. Okay, dude, I was thinking about this, like it this show is so good that they have a chance to be one of the greatest shows ever. But we haven't seen how they end it, because like some people don't hit stick the landing, they could totally blow it. And because it's so sci fi wild out there, it could be they could fumble far at the ending. Here I got the sense that Ben Stiller was pleased with the ending when he was talking about it on the Camel Show. Now. He wasn't talking about the ending specific of the season, though, I think it's the end of the show.
Speaker 3: No, because they're right in season three are We're not going to make you wait three years?
Speaker 1: Oh have you seen what he does on social media? No, so he will search severance you don't even copy him or the show, and he'll find people that are pooping on the show. Like some guy goes man, this show sucks. I just watch it on three times fast forward and I don't miss anything. And he responded with it's even better at ten times, Like he does stuff like that. Awesome. He's just out there.
Speaker 3: He's like the first famous person ever talked to on Twitter, like when that started, Yeah, he was one of the first guys on there, and he would comment he would like talk back to you, and at that point before everyone's on it, you're very confused, like oh wow, and not like to celebrities. And it turned out to not be that very long, but he was I will never forgear like doesn't nine yeah, doesn't eat. Maybe that's when it came out, so some other guys making a new social media thing. The guy not Jack Dorsey, but Jack Dorsey's other guy, the co founder of Twitter, and he's at south By Southwest and he's like, I've got a new social media platform, but no follover counts. And it's really just to plan like meetups if you're in like the same area. So it looks like it's gonna be a complete failure.
Speaker 1: I thought that's Oh, it's called gang Banger. It's called mosey or something like mosey on over gang banger.
Speaker 2: That sounds terrified. Do you not want to be on?
Speaker 1: I want someone to see if there's an app called gang banger. It's for it's for gang members to make sure they're not in a weird area with other gang members. Yeah, what do you think it was? Christina?
Speaker 2: No, that's totally what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Man, you're you're right, she's intimidated by gangbanger. Yeah, exactly, I am too. Man. You pay a lot of times just whatever neighborhood you grow up in, you kind of you have to claim that set that's right. But if that's the wrong gang to being right, that's tough for someone like Christina. It's a good app, Yeah, all right, And that's the Hollywood Shuffle. Yeah. Coming up next the latest Cowboy News and around the Sports. Oh yes, you are listening to the world famous Bin and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Hertato Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have in your life. Locations in Arlington, Mansfield and Fort Worth, two locations in Global Life Field and one that is now in Dallas in the Farmers' Market. So if you're looking at for some good people watching you go down to that Dallas Farmer's Market. Good times down there. There's so much activity, so much room for activities. Her title Barbecue is exquisite and every one of those people who wants to try like the greatest of the greatest, well it's right there at the top of the list. Her Title Barbecue now available in Dallas at the Farmer's Market. But right now it's time for this, good listeners, Here comes kt Fun Tweets. We're around now, let's go around the sports. KTD Fun Tweets has all the sports. Yeah, so the cowboys are actually doing stuff today, which is a little weird. Let's start out with the biggest thing though, is that DeMarcus Lawrence is not back. He just signed a deal to go to Seattle. Three years, forty two million dollars. Wow, So you know, for give you those numbers again, three years, forty two million. That's those pretty goo sizable numbers for a man of his age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good for him if you're doing a full sheet on it. He was probably the thirtieth best available free agent, you know, I just consensus type rankings. Again, he's thirty three, he'll be thirty three into thirty four. Yes, season injury history, he missed a lot of games.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. Look, I want to beat up the Cowboys. They know him better than anybody, and he's been a great player for this organization. Phenomenal dude. But you just can't be in the business of paying at the top of the market older players that have had injuries that are now entering their mid thirties. Yeah. And I mean when you see the one year deal that Joey Bosa got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one year, twelve million, thirteen million dollars, a guy who also plays less than DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it goes DeMarcus got that number of times. Three Yeah, three years, eighteen of that gear team. I mean, yeah, paying him into him being thirty six does not sound like a good plan. Such seem to go though, because he was awesome and I love the dude. Yeah, great team leader. Kind of underrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ended up getting paid and having a long contract holdout and things like that.
Speaker 1: Badass against the run man. So he's gone.
Speaker 3: They've done some things a linebacker because with overshown hurt until probably middle of the year. Great, although I did hear he was moving around really well with the Zach Martin retirement press conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was dancing and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ye, We're kind of like they're like, this is he's ahead of schedule and everything everyone says about him is he's that type of dude who will be ahead of schedule and this type of thing.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: So that's good news. Does that means your linebackers were right now? Your third round pick from last year, marist lea Fou and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Boy, they forced him on all of us so much last year.
Speaker 3: They did because I think it's because they didn't have anybody else. I mean, Eric Kendricks was the guy they signed for one year.
Speaker 1: He's is he coming back? I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I don't think they have any reason to bring it back. And he's he was a Zimmer guy and Zimmer's gone Zimmer guy. Yes, that type of thing. So here's what they've done today. They just signed a guy from Chicago.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: On the list of free agentcy Is came in up one to seventy five. But all the Bears people are really pissed that the Cowboys just got him. His name is Jack Sanborne. He is your classic white, hustling around, undersized linebacker. He sounds like a character from Patriot Game. So Bears fans are like, how did you let him go? And they're like, Eberfus is gonna make him a star, and Bears fans hate Iberflus. Ebraflus just signed a guy that he's very familiar with from Chicago, and I do kind of like this. Okay, so Jack Sanborn is on the team now, even though most people have never heard of him. Bears fans are like, disgusted that we just stole him. Okay, we got their modern Bill Bates. Yeah, so we're sitting here thinking Bill Bates. The bottom line is they have so many needs they need to fill them. However, they possibly can, so they're not panicking at every position going into the draft. And I think the problem, you know, my problem with the Cowboys is less about how they do business, and we're about their messaging, like do don't tell me that you're all in, and don't tell me you know we're not stupid because you're not. Your actions do not show a team that's trying to win, even though you should be when you're in the NFC, and there's not really like a great quarterback in the NFC. So that's where I kind of ended up with them. But they just made another trade for a linebacker from Tennessee uh and by Tennessee Titans. His name's Kenneth Murray. He was a first round pick a couple of years ago. This like just goes just went down. So I don't even know what they're giving away yet. He was the first round pick, first round pick a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're they're going out and acquiring some underperforming first round picks. The corner they got was a former first round pick, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was traded for a corner from Buffalo. His name is Kayer Elam and he is not played much in three years. He wasn't even a starter in Buffalo, but they traded the cow has got four comp picks today, three fifth round picks, and the seventh round pick. So from all the free does that this draft for next year's for next year's draft, So it's like that they trade for from two Kenneth Murray. The story in Kenneth Murray is yeah, I actually I don't know a ton about him. I know I remember when he was coming out of college, but I have no idea because he played for the Titans.
Speaker 1: I watched so much Titans football the last few years. What you do any situations, you go to Madden, go to Madden. You find out they're Madden rating, and it's like, hey, it's a Lisa Ballpark estimate. The corner they got is listed as a seventy six. It's below average or average for twenty. But he's a quarterback. He's a person, right, but he at least is a body. Kenneth Murray Junior is a seventy three overall, so again just a body, not a star, but at least there's a body special team's depths.
Speaker 3: It looks like they're just traded late round pick for him, so probably one of your comps that you got for Tyron signing and Tyler biadis signing up sort of things like that. PFF Pro Football Focus is a website that tracks all this stuff. I don't know if they're good or not, but they have Kenneth Murray as the one hundred and sixty ninth out of one hundred and eighty nine linebackers.
Speaker 1: Okay, the good news is definitely plays. The heat can put on his pants, and that's what you want. Yeah, because you don't even have guys that can do that. You don't even have pants. Yeah, I have guys who have pants. Looking at it.
Speaker 3: Started, he started, he started fourteen, Okay, he plays, that's good. Kenneth Murray started fourteen games last year, fifteen the year before that, sixteen the year before that.
Speaker 1: So players, that's good. They get players. So the Titans had linebacker depth as well, problems that they could Yeah, I'm not sure what that means. There's a lot of things you can say, like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I don't, I still know I can't want to get but hurt at the Cowboys don't play on the first two days a free agency ever, and I'm not sure that's a smart way to go. If you look at the teams who are spending a lot of money, they're usually like the Jaguars and stuff like, it's not it's teams that aren't very good.
Speaker 1: So did you see how much money the New England Patriots has? The Patriots are they scooping guys left and right, spending money that the Vikings.
Speaker 3: You know, once they got out from under the Kirk Cousins contract, okay, and they drafted JJ McCarthy and he might be their quarterback. There still could be Aaron Rodgers, could be Russell Wilson, could be a lot of different people, but it might be him. They went and spent like a one hundred million dollars on good players.
Speaker 1: It's like a Vikings were a good team who might run, and they were lifting Sam Darnold up and there's a lot of tweets b that they found their quarterback in the future and they're like, that's there's be as far as we can go with it.
Speaker 3: So it's like, if you the teams who don't have quarterbacks are spending money, these teams who aren't very good are spending money.
Speaker 1: So I don't know that it makes sense to spend a ton of money, but they have so many holes. It's at least good that they're getting bodies. Honestly, they have so many needs, so many holes, So just go fill out your backups if nothing else, I wouldn't mind open tryouts. Well, I think there's a lot of teams we might need to be doing that. You know, let's get a look at some new people that we don't know. The Cowboys and the MAVs could both use some open tryouts.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: The Maps could definitely. Now they couldn't pay anybody. Yeah, it's the problem is they they don't have just don't have any cap space. But they could definitely have some open tryouts for non paid players.
Speaker 3: The Sexy Cowboy rumored Jore though, I would say all yes involves the wide receiver position.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of wide receivers that you could go get because right now your wide receivers are Cede Lamb, Jalen Tolbert, Covante Turpin. I like this room the Lamb and CD's nuts.
Speaker 3: It's Cee Lamb and that's about it. They we have a release. Congratulations, Oh is it Cooper Cup? The Rams like Cooper Cup?
Speaker 1: Go? You know that was I couldn't believe they because I love the news of a day ago that if they don't get the deal they like, they plan on releasing it, which it's really great to help the trade move along. If you want another hurt guy, he's your playing. There's been a report though, that they would be in the mix, okay for Cooper cup That was Jane Slater, No, no, Jason said they're not. The other report was I forgot who it was. It doesn't matter. God, it sucks. This sucks because look, I like him as a player and as a player, but if he's healthy, obviously that's a big if he is still really good, like he was really good last year when he was healthy. Yeah, what about Mary Cooper? I like him. Will they accept him back because he didn't get vaccinated? Well, it turns out over the time, we found out that McCarthy was the problem. Oh, Cherry Jones always got blamed for that, dude, Yeah, because we had heard.
Speaker 3: It was a vaccine thing. Yeah, for COVID. That's how far back that went. But apparently McCarthy thought he was just a big p and look McCarthy, dude, Maury Cooper went to Buffalo and sucked and if it gets tough and it's cold outside and Mary Cooper ain't the guy you want on your team like he he's not that.
Speaker 1: But is he good you have? It's probably thirty round now he's got to be older than that. I don't know, man. He was always kind of young when we got it. Didn't we get him seventeen years ago? Like someone he's thirty now he's thirty. Yeah, Brandon Cooks is there. Stefan Diggs is there.
Speaker 3: If you want to him, go play with the brother although I think they're quietly trying to get rid of Trayvon Digs even though he's hurt and can't do anything for it.
Speaker 1: That seems tradable.
Speaker 3: So there's your cowboy stuff. Rico still a free agent. Rico Daubt'll obviously no one wants him. You know, he's out there. There's just some names that are kind of interesting. We thought, oh, there might be a market formast. He's still there.
Speaker 1: Are you guys doing the One Star podcast right now? We're recording an episode tonight. Yeah. Where do people go to get that? I think Spotify and Apple and you know the internet, all right, go to the internet to get that? All right? Coming up? Next. It's the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted. It is the Today Game and that is next. Hey, do us a favor anytime you support one of our sponsors, which our sponsors mean everything to us. They're why we're able to do what we do. Uh, tag us on social media. Here's an example tonight, if you're thinking about somewhere special for dinner or at any point over the next few days, if you head out to Plano and you go have who readers of The Dallas Morning who say, make the best pizza in DFW Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and then tag us on social media. We kind of want to raise our glass back to you and thank you for supporting our partners. But skin people are flocking out to Andrew's American Pizza. What makes it so special? It's so good and it's unique that they can do so many different styles of pizza so well. Usually like one place will specialize in a certain stay. Hey, we are sow in so Chicago deep dish. They do Chicago deep dish and they do it well. They do Detroit style, they do it well. Philly Tavern is one of my favorites. They have their own Dallas style. They got New York style and they kill at all of it. Plus I got great pasta dishes and awesome bar. It's right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 5: But right now, stop for this, and now it's time for Basis week Day ut Day, featuring Better News anchor Kat Fon tweets.
Speaker 1: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: So those astronauts are supposed to be home this weekend. They're still stuck on the International Space Station since June.
Speaker 1: Remember them, Oh yeah, I don't know all the details though. I don't know how all that happened and why they got up there on their Boeing spacecraft and something bad happened and they couldn't trust that spacecraft to come home, so they had to miss Christmas and they had to miss all these holidays. Meanwhile, there was hope like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well maybe we can get like a SpaceX mission up there and they can go up and send a team of four to grab them and get them back home safely. Butch and Sonny are their names, and they've been up there, I would assume having lots of sex. I don't know what they do up there.
Speaker 1: Wait, aren't Butch and Sonny the characters and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I don't think anyone could ever know that. No, man, that is a reference for for anyone who's on their deathbed listening and you just wanted one last radio segment before you die of old natural causes. These kids are tough? Are they hot? Are these astronauts hot? Come on, man? Then then, I mean every movie I've seen about space add Emanuel in it, and I would love to be trapped on a space station with her. I'm just glad they're alive. Buzz Aldron's a nice piece of ass.
Speaker 2: They were only supposed to be there, how long?
Speaker 1: Come on week? Some months? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and their whole life has been turned upside down, and no one cares or talks about it.
Speaker 1: People quit talking about this in September, and I was like, when are they they're gonna come back? Right? Did they have did they have an extra eight months of food on board? How does that work? Right? Well?
Speaker 3: The International space stations get tons of people up there. Oh, it's like the Olympic village. Uh kind of yeah, there's a bunch of pace.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen in movies like this where as long as you have a botanist, he can make you know, like crop side of your poop. You said, movies like this. This is not a movie, this, marsh very much real life the Martian, real movie, dude, real movie that was made. And what's the name. And Matt Damon makes whole crops of potatoes out of poop. I can't believe Matt Damon's up in space right now. Yeah, he's not, he's not. It's Butch Wilmore and Sonny Williams. Yep. And we've just made a joke of them being up there. I mean, well, their whole lives have been shattered, shattered into lives aren't shattered. They're about to come home and be celebrities.
Speaker 3: You know, they come home, they splash down into the ocean, they come home.
Speaker 1: Why don't they just you said, there's tons of people at the space station. Why don't they hitchhike? Why aren't they just hanging Are they hanging out with them? Well they're not all yeah they are, but they're not all Americans. Okay, so hold on, I'm confused. I'm so confused space station. So they're hanging out at the space station right now. They're going to the cafeteria. But there, but their particular thing doesn't have that their's particular spaceship can't get them back. They're right home, right, Yeah, So why don't we just send another thing up there? Man? We are? That's the story. Well then, I'm not that worried about them.
Speaker 2: But why did it take them this long?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And how hot are they? Just this whole thing? NASA is not really doing anything anymore. SpaceX count of Control, the guy running SpaceX has been a little distracted lately. There's a lot going on. So they can't send a Tesla space show up there and Butcher that Sonny, No, they could, but it lost like seven hundred million dollars a Tesla. I don't even know what to think about anything anymore. I don't either. I'm confused by very strange that there was a huge Tesla commercial yesterday. I don't know. I just thought electric vehicles were bad, and then all of a sudden, we're doing commercials for them. Wait, you thought they were bad, aren't you? The climate change turner. I'll just speak candidly. The President has been crapping on the idea of electric vehicles for a long time until yesterday. Well, well in Elon Musk in the sidecarvers motorcycle, that's why. Okay, yeah, but it's just strange to see now an electric motorcycle. Well you know, it's like I'm just gonna start flip flopping on everything. The gas and oil business isn't happy about electric cars, right, and if they're a huge lobby, then they need you go out there and say that's bad. But then if a neither bigger guy comes up and goes, now you're on my team, it's like, oh, now I'm this Polytics is a game show. It is what do I have to do to win this survivor game show? You just don't You just don't want that one guy to say you're fired. Right, that's a game show too. Yeah, it's just wrestling.
Speaker 2: Everything is wrestling. I've learned that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except wrestling. It's fake. Not huge storms yet, don't think it's going to be crazy. East of the Metroplex is where you have a bigger threat. There's a thunderstorm warning for Ellis and Navarro.
Speaker 3: But like if you're in that Cours Oficana, now maybe ten minutes, you know, being a look after all thunderstorm.
Speaker 1: What about Saturday? But here where we are, think we're good. Saturdays look great because we're going to be doing the Saint Patti's Day pray. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, all four of us are going to be on the Eagle float. Hey, by the way, Grand Marshals the kid Cratic Show. I heard that, So that means we have special privileges. I think we're gonna be near the front.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's dope. Uh Wood, he's going to be with us. You're gonna pretend to be a big Gali. Okay, what he's going to be with us? You should go in your big gal costume. Man, that'd be great. I don't think I won't a buxom. Yeah, if you do, squeeze them together for me. Absolutely, I've been taking jello shots to those things. I'm gonna be drinking roller Town on that float.
Speaker 3: And by those things, I mean the things that were printed on the Ranger hat. The Ranger hat uh is now on eBay. Uh.
Speaker 1: According to a fan account, Rangers Nation what they're called, Hey, Ranger Nation. We've had him on the show. Great people, good people there to Jake.
Speaker 3: Good people and They're reporting several hats have sold on eBay for upwards of one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: One sold for seven fifty one, so for three fifty Oh my god, it's worth it. It is worth it. And they I think I saw them promoters. I don't know if they made it or as a tweet that they put out and it was the shirt. Now I've made a shirt forard. I'm like, hell, yeah, if.
Speaker 3: You're aware your Booby Ranger shirt, go for it. Man, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No one's offended by this, besides people who I guess thought they were supposed to be offended.
Speaker 3: I think New Era is like, oh man, we made a mistake. I'm like, well, your other ones are worse. I mean, I think Angels one is way worse Anals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they there was a weird e in there. I think our Hispanic friends think this is hilarious. Yeah, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: I knew it was gonna skyrocket. As soon as they took that took it off the market, You're like, Okay, now it's a collectible item.
Speaker 1: Done pretty great. I think I might get did you the A's one too? Just says ass you just seeing that one astro, says ass Hose, Yes, which is good.
Speaker 2: All of them are great.
Speaker 3: And the anals oh, and the red suction, says Bobon tomorrow, I will report on why Ben and Skin were mentioned in the Dallas Observer. You'll never guess why, but it's a story involving Garland, their fierce rival growing up. A banner day for Garland and a banter day for reporting tomorrow.
Speaker 1: At this time, if you want to go to Garland tonight, go to Garland tonight. What all right, that's the thing we could do. Thank you, Kevin for your contributions to America. All right, coming up next, where are you going to take some of the big finish.
Speaker 3: Talking about the prede a little bit and some imbibing might be going down. What are the top nine most popular beers in America?
Speaker 1: I'll go all right, I predict that it's gonna get real heated. That's coming up next. All right, thanks for hanging out with the Ben and Skin show on a Wednesday ninety seven point one The Eagle Don't forget Dallas Mavericks basketball Tonight seven pregame starts at six point thirty. Now this segment here is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salaia, Texas. Ben and I are partners in and we're celebrating Saint Patti's Day in a big way on Saturday in Salina with the return of the Irish our celebrated Irish dry stouts pouring on nitro and it is delicious. We'll have green beer, green cocktails, three food trucks. Come on up and see us. If you can't make it there, pick us up to go it places like Total Wine and more. Some liquor depots, Habus, some ech be's have us, Kroger on and on. Tell your people's Rollertown beer Works if you go to a place they don't carry it, and say, hey, get it through Benny Keith Distributors. I like them boys. But right now it's time for this kill. This thing's big, So there's a well, obviously we're going to be down the parade.
Speaker 3: You just talked about Rollertown, which roller Time Light one of my favorite beers of all time.
Speaker 1: Good job kill all time. Hey, We're gonna have Rollertown Light on our float in the Saint Patti's Day parade. I promise you. Ben. I finally located Ben's and so cooler that I lost, and so I'm gonna go pick that up, and I'm gonna load it up with roller Town and ice, and so we'll have it on our float.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to be launching twelve ounce cans into the crowd. It's one of the only days in Dallas you can get away with some really good petty crimes. Yeah, so I'll be doing a lot of that. Just see if i can crush a forehead or two. I'm bringing a T shirt cannon so I can put beer cans in there. Oh my god, so good. So the parade Saturday can be fun. Gonna be all drinking. It's a big drinking because it's the Irish. The Irish are known for drinking. I don't know why. I mean, Italians are known for their pasta. French people are known for getting a little too close and handsy.
Speaker 2: I would think wine, but sure, oh French, we think French wine.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, they're also rude, yeah yeah, the French are known for being snobs.
Speaker 3: And then you know, for Irish people just don't forge fashion drinking. Maybe a couple of pump songs.
Speaker 1: At the end of the parade. It would be awesome if everyone did an Irish exit. So like the floats just keep banging into each other and there's no one on him slamming into each other at the very end, and then we immediately go to a Potato Famine's or don't know if you'all are going to bring your dogs or anything.
Speaker 3: This dog friendly. I've seen the crowd go wild. You just lift a dog up towards the crowd.
Speaker 1: And the crowd and yeah, they do love dogs. It's amazing. It would be a good idea for me to bring my dog for all of three minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Saturday, we'll be out there. I did see this and it did spark a thought in my head. Christina and I cranked up, so make sure.
Speaker 1: Just my mind started flickering, and I thought, uh, yes, is it's not a Friday? Cheers at It's not a Friday. It is in my mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, Top nine, I need your buzzwords first, what are we doing? I need your buzzwords, Christina, Checko, rest in Peace, f one, tough News.
Speaker 1: I'll go Jacko Jack, I'll go Sam Johnson copy points. Wow, I like this. Okay. Top nine most popular beer brands in the Jacko skin. Give me Medelo.
Speaker 2: Man, he took mine.
Speaker 1: You should have said checko. Sam Johnson's copy points Ben Budwiser. But wow, that's correct and it is number six. Wait? Can I just good question because I buzzed in so fast? These are the top selling brands. Well, you didn't hear the question right, and then Ben did it? Got number six? Right? Europe, Christie yep, ask for the question.
Speaker 2: Currently obsessed with Guinness. Give me Guinness.
Speaker 1: Why did she have the question? Number three? Guinness? I'll pay someone to ask the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, we missed out.
Speaker 1: Now let's keep it. This something we don't know. We don't know it because you didn't let it happen. Uh, you had to stream out Madello first. It was wrong. Christina, right, you have to pass replay and you would be passing to both of them. If she asked what the category is, you would be passing to both heed them.
Speaker 4: And they would be really good at this. They are beer aficionados.
Speaker 1: Well, your own a brewery's I still know the category.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what I'm gonna play this unknown.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play. We'll give her the question in a minute she's gonna play all right, yep, So a little more data on this question, just so you know, just to kind of Nope, No, it's it's a radio segment more than it is.
Speaker 3: You know, we're on a studio lot and producing a game show that layer and syndication until perpetuity. Game show notework used to be good and now it's just Family Feud reruns.
Speaker 1: Comedy Central used to be good. Now it's just the Office all the time. Love the Office, love family Feud. A little variety is good. Play the hits, though it has to play the hits, I guess. So this is based on analyzed off of a couple of websites. You have the you gov you know you go a website good popularity ratings as well as Google trends in all fifty states. Most popular beer brands in the United States Christina, Three and six are off the board. Okay, seven are left on the board.
Speaker 2: Nico Lobultra. Oh all right, I just gotta like that bad music having Okay, course.
Speaker 1: Now we're talking right there. That's number two, right there.
Speaker 3: Coors made in eight states, including California, Pennsylvania, Texas. Also their headquarters in Golden Colorado.
Speaker 1: I've been there. I have two. I've driven by it. I drove by it. It's so huge. Yeah, I was. It's a monstrosity. Lard Head brewer Tommy Miller says Coors Banquet is the perfect beer. He says, the best beer made.
Speaker 3: I have a few old faithfuls in life and Coors Light Bottle one very much known for that.
Speaker 1: I've told y'all you're known for Cores Light bottles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know, in high school, not a lot of people would dish dish out the extra five bucks to get a bottle stone usually so on the Wow He's rich. When the pond of the tank would dry up, there would be the Coors Light bottles at the bottom of it. And that got me in trouble, especially when my friend's dads came at me this big deal.
Speaker 1: Are we still doing the game?
Speaker 2: Going anywhere?
Speaker 1: You're confused? Yeah, One, seven, eight, nine are on the board. The nine most googled beers, No, most popular.
Speaker 2: These are the beers that were found in the watering hole.
Speaker 1: And only we were dry.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're we now though, Miller, we're sopping we now number one Miller, number one.
Speaker 1: My friends drank Miller that not made in thirty six, thirty states had it as their most popular. Miller Wait, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Well, I told you that the other one had uh eight states including Texas.
Speaker 1: Uh Cores Light.
Speaker 3: Would have been Texas chose that as their most popular. Okay, So four, five, seven, eight, nine most popular beer.
Speaker 2: Brands in the United States and I have five left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 1: Bud Light bud Light, she says. Wait, so you can have cores and Cores light, bud and Bud light. Oh yeah, you like you did. Budweiser is bud Light on the board. Somebody says it is number so wow, okay, okay, so that means okay, four or five, eight and nine. So when she said Miller, was that Miller Highlight for Miller Light, she said Miller probably Miller Light, though I met Miller Light. But yeah, but bud and Bud Light are separated. I mean, I think reasonable. We can see that Miller Light and Coors Light would have been the answers. Well, but bud and Bud Light are different, Budwiser and bud Line different beers. Those cores and cores. Yeah, and Miller High Life and Miller Light are different beers. Okay, all right, okay, let's see. So can you tell us what number one said?
Speaker 2: If I would have said Miller Light, it.
Speaker 1: Said Miller on the thing, right, But you realize we have Budweiser and Bud Light in the nine. So what was what was number two? Around?
Speaker 3: I know you're having a good time. I just want everyone to know we're playing for nothing here.
Speaker 1: There's no fr This is for a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: No confusion here if it's even on there, stella artoi wow, really still a pretty damn good What is it? The not the black and Tanta half and half Guinness and stilla?
Speaker 1: Old? Oh wow, I know that was the thing.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Old Monk has its heavy had.
Speaker 2: It over the weekend. No, it's really light. It's perfect.
Speaker 1: We have a friend who goes to Rollertown and gets the Dirty German, which is a big German and war daddy daddy wow.
Speaker 6: Let's go Heineken who asked me about my heine number four?
Speaker 1: And I think the question the question I think that Skin was asking earlier.
Speaker 3: This could like are we talking do sekis those hectes is a product?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no no, I just like if you if you have Budweiser and bud Light, then I think we need to know if number two is Cores Light or Cores Banquet or Core like Coors Banquet. I think we just know that. No, we don't. Why would Budweiser and Bud Light both many people drink Man Tours Light. It's not even close. This is one of those mysteries that will only fully understand when we see the full nine. Yeah, I'm so confused. Nine percent of people would say Coors Light and then one percent would trade Luca. Why would that apply to Cores and not Budwiser, or apply to Miller and not Budwiser's bud Washer and bud Light.
Speaker 3: I think you're more distinguished than I think your Cores Original and your Miller High Life.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, I'm in psycho world. If you're a little older than me, that's fair. That's a fair point. Those beers lost their popularity.
Speaker 4: Well, you're about to get it here in a second, because he just said he just said dokis.
Speaker 2: And I'm just gonna throw out dose ekis.
Speaker 1: Can I just know does your list say Cores at to or Cors Light. You're gonna have to ask Rad Messik from my heart about this. He's the one who said the information right, Okay, I didn't make how many strikes is that? That's three? You guys can steal? You only get one? Guest, though, I got an idea. Can we're a table talking to this and don't count it. I have not heard Corona Corona's good because it's really just stuff that's googled. The number one selling beer in America is not on the list. Someone's selling beer Medela, So I think what is there? Who are they property of? I think they're a Constellation brand. Interesting, So I don't really have an answer for any of it without knowing, Like I would say cors Light, but we don't know what number two is. It's just Corel. So I think just naming any beer is fine, all right? I think I think Corona is a good call. Let me read your face. I would now like to say, I'll tell you at number five is Bush and you guys weren't going to guess that. Weren't going to get that, Okay, Corona Corona. Before I tell you if you're right, I'll tell you that the number eight was blue Moon Blue Okay, Now that's a Core's product. But Cores was two. Okay, I don't know. I'm just saying the thing.
Speaker 2: Don't need to overthink it.
Speaker 1: Don't overthink it all right? Number nine, uhh, show me Corona. A lot of beers we've left that are Keystone Light of course product. That's Those are your buddies. They were all drinking Keystone Light. You were drinking Coors, like because you were a little more sophisticated beast. Can you tell us what number two just says on the thing you're looking at, one, said Miller. Two said Coors, okay, and you inserted the light. Yeah, because I assume that's what it is like everyone else in the world. How did you How did six and seven work out on the list? Give me number nine? Give me Corona? Yeah, Corona Corona. Wa Wait and dude, I'll never forget the time that Kat asked the bartender, I'll have a Budweiser and bud Light in that place went crazy and then the bartender said, what'd you say? And KT looked him back in the eye and he said, well, that'll do it for this one. Christina is going to play music for thirty minutes and then we have mas pre game here on the Eagle. There you going, well, I want to get my sack back. Dude that I had to take a poop