Speaker 1: And then I stayed in shorts and a T shirt at work because it was just gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It was really nice.
Speaker 3: If it would have touched fifty today, my son would have texted me and be like, can I wear shorts?
Speaker 2: Valid?
Speaker 1: That's a valid question.
Speaker 3: My son would be that kid that you see walking around in January and shorts.
Speaker 2: If I let him the same, what's wrong with this? I don't see.
Speaker 1: I'd tell him to grow I'd tell him to grow up and put pants, put his big boy pants on.
Speaker 3: And well, he comes walking in the house the other day, Monday, where's your fucking jacket? At Mom's host What good's gonna do you there? When it's ten degrees outside?
Speaker 1: It's fine, I have a hoodie.
Speaker 2: I'll go to hoodie. Get him fine.
Speaker 1: Say that means it's not bad if if you're just walking in and out of like school, you.
Speaker 3: Know, well, I I pulled the whole Dad's speech on him was like, Wow, shut the fuck up. It's like, what happens if you're riding the bus home, Andy, You guys get in an accident installed or up in minutes below zero out and you know have a jacket.
Speaker 1: On, you'd fuck you for you don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: I went there.
Speaker 2: He's twelvewelve, Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I what What was his response to it. Did he double down on that wearing a jacket, or did he kind of give into your dad? Yeah, I would have. I would have liked it a lot more if he was like, well, you know, I made my bed.
Speaker 3: And he's like, well, I just I don't want to wear it.
Speaker 2: Good, don't.
Speaker 3: Or he was wearing his berks into like mid December.
Speaker 1: No, Like, that's just a trend now and it drives me insane. People wearing summer footwear. Yeah, in the middle of winter, and I'm like, you have socks on for one, well for.
Speaker 3: One, the twelve year olds now they wear socks and sandals and it's accepted.
Speaker 2: Weird as a person right now.
Speaker 1: But but no, like, but you're wearing like slippers, doesn't come hurt my feet. I would never do it in the middle of winter. What happens when your socks get wet.
Speaker 3: Right from your So what he would do is he'd put his sneakers on, get into the school, and then switch into.
Speaker 1: His crazy socks like socks and like you remember, like when the Jordan slides were huge.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Socks and those Nike Elite socks and those went fucking.
Speaker 3: Hard along with your Nike sweats.
Speaker 1: No, it had to be shorts. If you're wearing socks and sandals. It was with shorts.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: So at the college, that's what I saw a lot was people wearing sweats.
Speaker 1: Well in college, it doesn't matter. You can't judge what a college persons like. You don't know what they're going for.
Speaker 3: The socks we were like calf eyes, to which I can't stand.
Speaker 1: I wear them all the time. That in the summer. It's a nasty tan line though.
Speaker 3: See I can't wear it. So I work outside and I can't wear arts. It sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds awful.
Speaker 3: Fucking hot as shit? Are you cold opening in this yet?
Speaker 2: Yes? I am. He's recording, so I'm just waiting for you know.
Speaker 3: No, I don't see it recording. That's why I.
Speaker 2: Asked, Oh, yeah, do you see a little thing move?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you've got it turned towards you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we don't.
Speaker 3: Have like a green light on the walls going shows on.
Speaker 1: I don't have my cheaters on. I can't see shit on there.
Speaker 2: Here's a struggling today.
Speaker 4: I also have an update on the best cap or the curling Capital of the World.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, play the disclaim.
Speaker 2: Okay in there, folks.
Speaker 5: Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports. It's a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talking sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense, and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 1: This is DN fisting TV.
Speaker 6: Mad is scrolling through his phone, Scott's got on his business degrees, Dustin keeps the shore roa widgetisode talking spots and we take be shot beten at each other.
Speaker 1: Peer belly Spots is what we're called.
Speaker 6: The Sammi bras a spot.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good afternoon, good even, It doesn't matter where you are. This is peer Belly Sports. Coming in from the Runway.
Speaker 4: Lounge just south but midgie. My name is Matt Geffried. Of course, allow me to the.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 4: I don't know this beautiful place we call behind the bar, the Runway Lounge. I think that's why I'm trying to like all this at Wanski throw this at me quickly. To my immediate left is Scott Wilson. Hi, buddy, Hi Hi. And then on the very far end of the bar he has I'm sorry I forgot him pizza from seventh that pizza. I also forgot to put beer in the fridge. He's very pissy with me right now. It is Travis Co wrote.
Speaker 1: With you can I can I trade a trade this twelve point five percent cut water for a light beer please? I didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you're supposed to drink these mixed with water. No, yeah, I learned that on TikTok.
Speaker 3: No. Girlfriend likes the peppermint one.
Speaker 1: Yeah and twelve and a half.
Speaker 3: No one, she's gone.
Speaker 2: It's four eight net work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take a shell's dark dark American logger.
Speaker 2: This we tried this, Yeah we did.
Speaker 3: Or if you want one of these, there's more of those two.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, good call hi, Good to be back everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's traps o there. Just saw you know, a couple days ago.
Speaker 3: He's becoming more of a regular cut contributor. It's nice to have a contributor. I was gonna say that sounded contributor.
Speaker 2: He's a contributor.
Speaker 4: He's also like the left we needed the pen in case we need somebody.
Speaker 3: It's good to have calling Ricky von on his bullpen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking old, reliable. Just you just use me whenever you need me.
Speaker 2: You can't spell.
Speaker 4: Well good anyways, this is beerboy Sports coming from the lounge. Like we said, my name's mcgeffrey, Scott Wilson, Travis car No, Dustin no, uh no. Bruce Bruce has been working a ship little hours. I got asked earlier today by his friend Brandon Bruce Binalia is like he's been working a lot, so.
Speaker 3: So you need to or do you have it from big Daddy. We wasted the good surprise on you.
Speaker 2: You can get it to me.
Speaker 3: That would have been perfect for this first part of the show, where we had like ten good minutes of quality.
Speaker 1: Was so good.
Speaker 3: In that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I thought we were recording the very the very first session of that.
Speaker 2: So well part of it. The good thing we didn't record, I mean.
Speaker 3: We didn't say anything egregious.
Speaker 1: We didn't talked about my alone time. Yeah, that was the craziest thing we talked about, was my personal alone time.
Speaker 3: You're going to get baseball texts again off of that?
Speaker 2: That was good, well played, Well played, Scott.
Speaker 1: You had that one up your sleeve.
Speaker 3: I had I got some up in my sleeve for you. You know, two weeks I made reference about your bronco. Matt's like, oh, he's running at late. He's not going to be here till after five.
Speaker 1: If you running late, I texted him at five o'clock, what time do you guys want to start? He goes five or five thirty ish. I'm like, that would have been nice to know.
Speaker 2: That On Tuesday were out.
Speaker 1: You think I remember that conversation drinks did you have that night? Well, not for that reason, just because it wasn't an important converse in my life.
Speaker 3: So anyways, so I don't even commit to being here until yesterday. Yeah, anyway, So I was gonna say, because two weeks ago you made the comment I need new tires on the Bronco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, new boots.
Speaker 3: It was gonna say. You know that Bronco could get up over thirty five miles an hour on the freeway if you got new tires on it. Jesus, at least it's not white.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm a little upset that it's not.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 1: If there would have been a white one available, I probably would have taken it.
Speaker 2: Do you think just for how many white ones have you seen out there?
Speaker 1: Not too the bigger, the bigger ones, there's a lot of white ones.
Speaker 3: I don't like the ones where it's two toned, the white rims with the white roof.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like the two toned ones that they're coming out with.
Speaker 3: Because there's the Bronco and the Bronco Sport. The sports is a smaller one, right.
Speaker 1: Thanks for making you say that. All these people thought it was sick and you.
Speaker 3: Got budget conscious. Fuck it about what you wanted.
Speaker 2: No go out what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: That's not true. What's the line from the other guys? It was like it is my first adult purchase.
Speaker 2: Oh, Will Ferrell said, yeah about his prius, Yeah, prius. I love that. All right, we get in the show thanks to our Getitar sponsors. Ye all right.
Speaker 4: Today's show is being brought to you by Home Choice right here. But if you're looking to purchase an electronics furniture, you know.
Speaker 2: The big game is this weekend.
Speaker 4: And if you're looking to we can't say Super Bowl because it's copy rooted.
Speaker 3: Did you get it anyways? You did you get that post taken down today?
Speaker 2: No surprising?
Speaker 3: Did you get talked to about it today?
Speaker 2: Don't care? Everybody says it, nobody really cares. But wait, a.
Speaker 1: Big game, the football game is be righted, like, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: That's why you all that all that ads do you see on TV? I'll say the big game? Nohow.
Speaker 1: It's been like, how would they do that?
Speaker 3: Because it's the NFL and they're money hungry.
Speaker 1: Just saying how many people they So I can't wait for Geffrey to get a fucking loss.
Speaker 3: Don't we say that about so much? Ship?
Speaker 1: He posts and here I am still I'm still standing anyway. Today's show is also brought to you by Seventh Avenue Pizza Pizza before it was trendy. Find him at your local Circle K locations. I wish Matt Geffrey would have done that today.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: You know. Uh. Our next sponsor Paul Bunyan Communications, probably powering the Beer Belly Sports with the Gigazone. Their contact for us is Brian Bissonette. He gave Matt some ship last week. He's like, you got a bar with no pizza oven in it?
Speaker 2: That is crazy? I mean.
Speaker 1: Seminards, but like that's right, even if you just threw the pizzazz up, it would do something.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, pos ass, you don't have apisodes.
Speaker 2: I used to have a pezzass.
Speaker 4: I had a pezzass since college, and I fucking love the ship I had for over ten years.
Speaker 3: Me being the typical asshole that I was, Like, Matt would show up being like four hundred pounds pretty quick because all he's doing is eating pizza in the bar every night.
Speaker 2: An, I'm so lonely.
Speaker 3: Who else we brought you by?
Speaker 4: Matt also being brought to by Herbert Gerbert's right here but Midja, if you're looking at too, I don't know. Like I said, the Big Game, they do cater to a lot to pretty much everything you guys have. So you're looking to have a giant sandwich, some soups, some awesome cookies that they have as well. Urban Gerbet's right here in Bamigi. They have great, great, great sandwiches and again it is soup season. In my favorite uh sandwich, I usually get like the meat one, like the the mammoth there. That's what I wanted, the mammoth. Oh, and it's and it works very well, goes down great.
Speaker 3: You like meat in your Mouth's question? Also the beautiful Nobbing Kettle located down in Lake Alice, which is quaintly nestled between Lake George and Lake Itasca. Check them out Thursday nights live music with Los Friday and Saturday get some of the best primer broad trav You said there, corn beef was pretty good, wasn't itb.
Speaker 1: Is just fantastic. But yeah, corn beef on there and it is so damn good.
Speaker 3: And our final sponsor, oh Man.
Speaker 1: Gave me a new one brought to you today by Soda Stick.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 3: I said, you're here enough. Now you can get it the second one. I don't know the rest of it, so use the promo code BBS and get fifteen percent off on us with your order.
Speaker 4: You have a lot of good stuff out there too, so go to It's May. It's four Minnesotans by Minnesotans.
Speaker 1: They do have cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: I will say that Aaron from Aaron looks like on Facebook say yo, go wolves, We'll get some wolves talk here in a couple of seconds.
Speaker 3: Or lack thereof.
Speaker 2: That's true too. Should we get to do it right?
Speaker 3: Let's jump into it. So we're not here till nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Where we've gone away better than what we used to do.
Speaker 1: Wait, what time did you make this the five pack?
Speaker 3: Five pack an hour ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Then why is there that wolves slash?
Speaker 3: Because it's not going to happen anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, right, I saw that earlier in time. Okay, now I get it.
Speaker 5: Pack brought to you by Bryce Primo from Team Cermac real Estate. Just like your favorite Minnesota team, you need someone who knows how to close by, sell, move win with Bryce Primo and the Lemage area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine or send an email to Premonition Free sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 3: So our first beer in the six pack is the old Minnesota Timberwolves, and they've been linked to a very very high profile name the like.
Speaker 2: What week or so.
Speaker 3: As a front runner, and then Milwaukee came out today and goes, it's just kidding. So Giannis to Minnesota at least during the season is dead.
Speaker 1: Who well, it ain't happening in the off season.
Speaker 2: They're Greek freak.
Speaker 3: Oh anyway, it's right, it's Euros. So it's Yannis.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not Guiro.
Speaker 3: What is the name of the the guy from Himming, the euro guy?
Speaker 1: Oh, who's everywhere? Yeah, but he spells y Yeah.
Speaker 2: What a loser? Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Who's a legend on the Iron Range.
Speaker 1: He has the best gyry in town.
Speaker 3: Okay, he has a food truck and he'll go around to like all the fars and I haven't seen him here. We're not on the Iron Range.
Speaker 1: Here's Grand Rapids, though he goes there close enough.
Speaker 3: The Wolves had made some other moves and.
Speaker 4: The tread tread deadline was at two o'clock today, so lock them all up. No one else is coming to the Wolves, which I talked to my source for the Minnesota for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: You don't have a fucking source.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get out of here with that, he told me.
Speaker 3: Peyton told you, yep, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't like to unveil.
Speaker 1: Isn't he a box fan?
Speaker 4: No, he's a giant Timberwolves fan. Like a giant Timberwolves fan. He lives and breathes wolves.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Peyton, No, he's used to it.
Speaker 2: He's also a cults fan too, and.
Speaker 1: That just that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: So, well this his name is Peyton, his dog's name Colt, his daughter's name Indy, so interes saying he's a diehard fan. We saw that. That's like last year, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the two year anniversary.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I can't see. I can't see the date today.
Speaker 3: We pause. That sounds like Matt's public service announcement for Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 3: Jee. So the the Wolves did make a couple of trades leading up to the letdown. They traded away Michael Conley, who rumor has it maybe coming back as a free agent signing.
Speaker 4: Uh they well, he got a fisher released by by Charlotte today and he technically can't come back because he got bought out.
Speaker 3: Right, so they get him back at of that minimum.
Speaker 4: It's up to him and they'll wolves have two open spots on the roster right now.
Speaker 3: And so they did make another trade this morning, trading Rob Dellingham, Leonard Miller, and four second round picks to Chicago for Do Sun Move and Julian Phillips who the guard. The guard that they picked up. Apparently the last handful of games scored like twenty points a game.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: So that's what Dustin was showing us.
Speaker 2: There we go. So say it is a chance, Chared? A chance? I mean sure, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Us three up here don't know about basketball. This is as I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's an stranger that doesn't play hockey.
Speaker 2: Correct, No, but he but he'll tell you he led the state and touchdown throws for five weeks five five weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, even you two know at this point, Yeah, you must have made it. Were you guys watching my huddle tape before I got here?
Speaker 2: Do you have a motto tape still out there? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Were you getting to be a cardinal.
Speaker 1: No, they cut the football program a while ago. Too many scandals.
Speaker 3: Did the Vikings train and recruit you at all? Ask for baseball or football?
Speaker 1: Both?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: They were my second pick for baseball.
Speaker 7: It was uh Mel the coach or who's no Lampo? Yeah he's been there for a while. Yeah, good guy, good guy.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Anyway, so we're talking about basketball still No, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Wolves are fine. They really didn't do a whole lot.
Speaker 3: The one the trade of Connolly freed up a ton of caps basically got him under the luxury tax tiers though, correct.
Speaker 1: And their pickup from the Bulls is actually a pretty good or was that you? Their pickup from the Bulls was actually a very solid pick up. Like he's gonna come off the bench, I bet, but he'll be solid. He'll give you fifteen off the bench every night.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Well dolling him for being a first round draft pick, Yeah, done much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now he's gonna be.
Speaker 3: A typical Minnesota right well the later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go kick some ass.
Speaker 1: But you know, I always hope the Wolves are in playoff contention come the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Where they are they in a playing spot right now?
Speaker 1: Still I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, they mostly don't watch until the playoffs. Yeah, I don't give a ship till the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Alright, So currently they are No, they're not. They're the fifth overall seed in the West right now. So currently the Western Conference has Oklahoma at one, San Antonio at two, Denver at three, Houston at four, Timberwolves at five, and the Lakers at six.
Speaker 1: But on the bright side, they did just beat Okay see two times.
Speaker 2: Good They saying there's a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a regular season game, so it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But did Ray's favorite player, Sga wind like a little bitch?
Speaker 2: Probably he'll set me snapped all the time.
Speaker 3: Aut it's all about Sga does.
Speaker 1: It's all anyone in the end, but not any better.
Speaker 2: It's gotten worse. Learned from Cat.
Speaker 1: You Cat alone, just living his life out there. I'm telling you. The Zesty Cat videos that were roaming around were some of my funny, funniest laughs I've ever had.
Speaker 2: What's that it's Cat.
Speaker 1: Being zesty? Have you ever heard that man talk? Oh my god, you're.
Speaker 2: Talking to you, old guys.
Speaker 3: The last Timberwolves ad I remember is when, oh, guys, this is I think it was teach me how to douggie or some stupid dance came out and it shows a video of Crunch beating the fuck out of the heat mascot.
Speaker 1: All I have to type into TikTok is zesty and one. Carl Anthony Towns, Kaylas, do you want to play real quick?
Speaker 2: I sure can, sure, crank are up?
Speaker 1: Let's cc What do you mean he's he's just it was an ongoing trend when he was in New York and they were going back and he's the oning like foul uh rev. Come on, it was good. Okay, it was good you old heads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't get it.
Speaker 3: All right correct the next period?
Speaker 2: Thank god?
Speaker 3: Well the wild Okay, sound for that.
Speaker 2: One, dude, dude do yeah, You're welcome, Scott. Everyone's while I think of things late to steal.
Speaker 3: Anyways, they are going into the Olympic break now undefeated, and I believe it's their last five, even though overtime.
Speaker 2: Fucking squeaked one out last night. Let's go out three one and then I'll almost shot the fucking bed well.
Speaker 1: Three to one. Two goal leads most dangerously in hockey.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that one person scored.
Speaker 3: Matt Boldie had a hat trick twelve minutes into the game.
Speaker 1: Really, I was like, oh my god, we're killing.
Speaker 3: And then by the end of the first period it was three to three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was four to three after two, and then four to four going into overtime, and then Spurgeon got the w.
Speaker 2: W that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the Wall Wall of Saint Paul, he's he's gonna be in Minnesota for at least another month anyways, So there's an official pause now with the Olympic olymp Olympic break from today until I saw Yeah. So the Wild have fourth most in the league with eight guys. I think they're tied for fourth, actually eight guys over there should have nine, but Prodeine's hurt, as well as John Hines, our whole medical staff, Bill Gerrin's USA's GM. So the Wild have a pretty strong contingent going over to Milan and h We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: What does that start? What did the Olympics start for hockey women's hockey start today?
Speaker 3: Opening ceremonies are tomorrow night at seven, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, at night ye on peacock, peacock, that's where it is.
Speaker 3: Yep, And same with the Super Bowl on Sundays on Peacock. We forgot to put it on there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we'll do that second half all right. I figured I probably better for the second half anyways. But big game, the big game, Big game, Big game.
Speaker 3: Since the Wild have gotten Quinn Hughes, they went from being the twenty fifth ranked defense to the first ring.
Speaker 1: One oh in terms of scoring. Royce dogs man, he uh really just brings a offensive level to that defensive core. But they be missing.
Speaker 2: That sense. Uh. Suitor wasn't much big shooter was he?
Speaker 4: Suit was a bit know that. I think it's Jack. I think Jack's out here ripping ass.
Speaker 3: What did you feed your dogs food?
Speaker 2: Dog food? Yes? I do you know what?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, that or they're getting into something while you're gone, they're.
Speaker 2: In their kennels.
Speaker 3: Good god, show title? What are you feeding your dogs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That that making my eyes water? Oh you're fine, Jack?
Speaker 3: What's wrong, buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm okay. Don't make fun of me. Please give them sad eyes down there?
Speaker 3: What crawled in your button? Died?
Speaker 1: That's a loaded question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, are we talking to on that one?
Speaker 3: I haven't done it yet tonight, ned, But Wild are currently.
Speaker 2: Doing Okay, we are in the middle. I don't know. I think we're not horrible, We're not dead last.
Speaker 3: I mean we were doing more than Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Thought I thought we were third or second.
Speaker 3: We are second in our conference or second in our division. Okay, five points behind Colorado right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's always a good We played Colorado and we'll come back to in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Overall in the league, Minnesota is also number two, number two, So the top three teams in the league happen to be Central Division.
Speaker 1: Great, So that's so shitty.
Speaker 3: Well, and what's even shittier is bell please okay ready, Anthony Lapanta and Michael Russo's worst pod seat in the house or podcast seats in the house whatever, I forget the name, Michel, but they were talking. Lapanta hates the playoff format in the NHL. Why because it's not a one eight two seven format. Oh yeah, so within the first two rounds, two of the three teams are gonna be out. Yeah yeah, I get so. If Minnesota finished third, they could potentially be playing in Colorado right off the.
Speaker 1: Start instead of meeting them in like the semis, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Which is how like? And Edmonton even though they're last year they were like the sixth seed. They made their run to the cup because the ones he got knocked off right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so.
Speaker 3: There's twelve twelve teams in the Olympics now, three different pools. They start pool playing, then after handful of pool play games, they move into the bracket tournament.
Speaker 1: God, I love the Olympics.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to watch. I mean I can't watch all day. I mean YouTube, Well you can't really unless you do office work.
Speaker 3: I can't even watch.
Speaker 2: You can't not.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't have my phone sitting there like this watching the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I had it on my computer. Yeah, tomorrow, I'm probably gonna take my computer, hook it up to a big screen and just let her go.
Speaker 2: Let her rip.
Speaker 3: I got a hundred in screen and projector. I can borrow you if you want.
Speaker 1: I got a.
Speaker 2: Spot just I can see that just in the wharehouses.
Speaker 1: Right by a garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it was fun. It was a fun day.
Speaker 3: Whenever Rapids made the high school a tourney, like three four years ago, I bought well my sister and gave me a projector. But I bought a one hundred inch projector screen. So we watched, that's all.
Speaker 1: Do you and you still have it like up in your house or you took it down.
Speaker 3: I built a wooden frame for it, so it's just in storage right.
Speaker 1: Now to watch high school puk Fuck yeah, one hundred inches. You're missing out on so many things. You can't even see the entire game. You gotta turn your head to see that far.
Speaker 3: That way, it's far enough against so.
Speaker 1: What so like if this is seven hundred's gotta be right here?
Speaker 3: I got a picture.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course he does.
Speaker 1: He'll he's a ruler next to it.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I guess the scroll all the way back.
Speaker 3: Is Delaware?
Speaker 1: Do you know, uh himming hockey? Last time they made who were actually just beat Grand Rapids this year?
Speaker 2: Do you guys even have a player in the Super Bowl from your town? From your hometown? What?
Speaker 3: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Donny, do you have a home? Do you have a player from your hometown? A football I'm the closest thing that's ever come to sniff in the big Game out of that time.
Speaker 1: Actually that's not true. There's been multiple other actual NFL players. Yeah, but like one got drafted to the football team, So like he who the Washington football team. That's who we got drafted to. And uh he bounce around on the practice squad after the roster that happens.
Speaker 2: Do you know do you know one famous person who uh Bob Dylan Oh no, a one football famous football player who got who did not get drafted, but it ended up on the minutes of vikings.
Speaker 1: Oh are you talking about that wide receiver Pam right lakes Are that was miserable during his I heard, I heard how far away are you in that picture?
Speaker 3: It's like across the living room.
Speaker 1: That's not one hundred inches through it.
Speaker 3: I got the box at home still.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, Adam Deeling, I think his name is dude?
Speaker 1: That can we talk about? That was like the worst year of listening to NFL commentators because it was when he had like what was it? It was like he he was on his streak of like a touchdown a week or breaking one hundred yards feeling first. Yeah, and every time he touched the ball for the first time. And you know, Adam Deeln undrafted free agent out of Detroit Lakesman and he played college football at a D two schools to State University Man Keto on a five hundred dollars scholarship.
Speaker 3: Now, look at you, sound just like John Gruden right there. I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I'll take I'm pretty sure he went to Morehead. He's a dragon.
Speaker 3: Don't bite.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah right, buddy, go get yourself a bacon eater.
Speaker 3: Bacona, me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't fucking round bacon.
Speaker 3: Eaters with a frosty or without a frost So.
Speaker 1: I wish, I wish we had one of those here.
Speaker 3: We had twice and it left twice.
Speaker 1: What Wendy, Yeah, Whndy's nuts are dragging across your face. Such a layout, such a layup, fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: Good little hibben humor over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ship bumps.
Speaker 4: By the way, Shout up to the moose by the way and hiving great place, the Moose Club. Yeah no, not that place, Yeah, thirsty.
Speaker 1: Moose is not.
Speaker 2: It's closer to Cherry whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right on fifty three there.
Speaker 2: It's so good though, been there twice. Love it.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic.
Speaker 3: Known for their wings they are.
Speaker 4: That's where I saw the greatest comeback ever in in uh NFL history, the Vikings and Colts.
Speaker 3: Who had come on their back.
Speaker 1: You know what, No, it was the largest comeback I wouldn't say the greatest. You're talking Patriots against the Falcons in the big Game. That's the greatest comeback.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, I guess in the big game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big game.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But the Vikings had the largest comeback margin.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: But it was in a pretty meaningless regular season game and they were getting the ship kicked out of them by the Colts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Colts. I give I watched it. I'm like, this is such a fucking train record. You know what?
Speaker 1: Speaking about the Vikings, Matt, why don't we crack open the third one?
Speaker 2: Well, let's get into it all the drama the last couple of what happened?
Speaker 3: Crazy who uses PFF to figure out their draft picks?
Speaker 2: Shut the fuck up? Did he really we talked about it? Enter text? He nope.
Speaker 4: As soon as he gets past like five, I go, nope, I'm good less, I'm actually involved into it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Quasi was rumored to be using PFF to help determine who he should.
Speaker 2: He's the analytics guy, so that checks out. But no.
Speaker 1: I took a screenshot though, just for reference.
Speaker 3: I knew this would come up on Pro Bowl Picks.
Speaker 1: Yes, didn't have one since two and like you look at it and be like, well, that's not like the biggest deal ever.
Speaker 3: Wow, how many picks did we have a lot? Because he kind of Spielman drafts. He would acquire pick after pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but to not get one.
Speaker 3: From people he drafted. Hm, that's not saying we didn't have any Pro Bowlers. It was just people he drafted, right.
Speaker 1: But no, it's like that definitely says something.
Speaker 3: Well, and apparently too, now this is all hearsay. Apparently Koc wanted to get rid of didn't want JJ.
Speaker 1: Correct, that's been on record. He did not want him and said he's not ready to play this year. We need someone else, and your guys guy was like, no, that's our guy there.
Speaker 3: Apparently the rumor is they were minutes away from trading him for a first round pick to the Raiders. That would have been number one overall this year for JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Yes, are they that they didn't do that?
Speaker 3: Wacey vetoed it.
Speaker 1: Are you shitting me?
Speaker 8: Screwa?
Speaker 1: That's you know what that'd be like me holding on to the most random fantasy football player ever and someone's offering you js an. Oh my god, that is just awful, awful work. What in the Kevin Costner draft day is going on here?
Speaker 3: That's why he's fired now. And apparently he uh pissed off a lot of people because he took two weeks off from when his kid was born too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I don't really get that narrative.
Speaker 3: Well around, it's a different world in that element compared to us average Joe's I guess that's not the accepted normal.
Speaker 1: I mean, but someone's got to love that kid.
Speaker 3: Kudos to him for being an involved parent.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's that bad of a thing. Grand No, didn't he miss like their entire training camp though, And when you're the guy that asked, when you're the guy that asked to make those decisions.
Speaker 3: Problem, it was just because of the timing of it.
Speaker 1: Well, plan your children, plan your childbirth.
Speaker 9: Be like if you know, if you if you know in September, if you know in September, you got to be busy. December is your Mango, not January, sweetheart.
Speaker 3: We can't have Christmas Coitus.
Speaker 1: Correct or New Year's or New Year's.
Speaker 3: Day bengo, No New Year's Eve with a bang yep?
Speaker 1: Well, like, how's August sound?
Speaker 2: Doesn't that sound good? So great? Have an August baby?
Speaker 3: That would mean what Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: All right? You know what?
Speaker 1: It took me twenty six years to figure out, like what was going on and why my birthdays in September?
Speaker 3: You hear New Year's baby?
Speaker 1: It took me twenty six years to put that together.
Speaker 3: You were just blissfully naive anyway.
Speaker 1: I was just like oh, and then I was like, wait, hold up, nine months of pregnancy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, so, which I'll lead this in with our picks? Which city is going to have the Super Bowl babies? Have you ever heard about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I've heard about it.
Speaker 3: Have you No? So there's actually a statistical trend that when a team wins a Super Bowl nine months later there's a birth boom in that town.
Speaker 2: Surely you can't be serious.
Speaker 3: Really yep. And they're called super Bowl babies.
Speaker 2: That's some women.
Speaker 1: Would they be born if it's in February?
Speaker 3: November? Wow?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people born in November too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Valentine's Day? Both my kids?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Holy shit? Now I didn't even put that together. See what I'm saying here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Just see me twenty six years of.
Speaker 3: Thinking you're not a deer hunter.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, wait is that one too?
Speaker 3: No, because that's in November.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, See Scott has to lose a weekend for his kids for birthdays.
Speaker 3: Two weekends. Oh they're four days apart.
Speaker 2: Oh, so just a big one, one big weekend.
Speaker 3: Depends on when they fall. Oh okay, But Daniel's getting old enough now where he just comes with me instead.
Speaker 2: That's fine though.
Speaker 3: So uh what else they got vikings drama going on?
Speaker 1: They're just such a fucking dump.
Speaker 3: The laughing joke of the league right now?
Speaker 2: Are you happy? Are you happy for Sam right now? Are you kinda?
Speaker 3: I am? I did chuckle this morning, like I sent you guys in that picture. Dustin covered this a year ago, and all of a sudden, legend the legend of dick Hammer.
Speaker 2: We did. We did have a show about that today.
Speaker 3: To Dustin covered that over a year ago, dust on the front line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should, we should post that, like we talked about this over a year ago.
Speaker 1: Let you know, sue them.
Speaker 2: What am I going to see them for?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my lawyers be all over it.
Speaker 1: I bet yeah, I bet best in the league.
Speaker 2: Sure, which wry about it the Mexico penal colde one. Okay, I got some breaking news. I'll play hold on.
Speaker 1: It's not that breaking. No, I just saw Kirk Herbstreets retire after this upcoming.
Speaker 2: He's fucking breaking news.
Speaker 1: Oh is it? I didn't think right now? So no more Golden Retrievers on game Day?
Speaker 3: That'sh Is he retiring entirely or just from college games? I think just from the show because he was doing more NFL stuff this year.
Speaker 2: Mega offered more, I'm sure, but he's been doing college game Day since ninety six, that is two years before I was born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember when that was happening, and he was always on EA like NCAA games calling him.
Speaker 3: And ninety six. I was thinking about that today. I was in third grade, fourth grade.
Speaker 2: Ninety six was a good year.
Speaker 3: NHL ninety six.
Speaker 2: Fucking yeah. Super Nintendo Genesis Ooh, I like that?
Speaker 3: Really? God, that's fucking low.
Speaker 2: That one is very low. I'll turn that one down when it loads up there. It is anyway as well, can move besides not have dead air.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's let's move into our fourth.
Speaker 1: Twitch Wait wait wait, speaking of Vikings drama, Fine, justin Jefferson, what is going on. Oh, I I think I know the clip of him saying he's still the best wide receiver in the NFL. And and I quote, how am I not? If I don't have an elite QB that's throwing me the ball the entire year, then it's a little bit difficult to be put in those conversations having a QB. You have those difficult seasons.
Speaker 3: Total, that's such a shot.
Speaker 1: That is the most polite, like.
Speaker 3: Fuck you do a guy I've ever I heard about that this afternoon. Totally threw JJ under the bus. So I asked this to Brian last week. So there's some speculation and now I gotta go back a lot and fucking find it. Actually, no, I don't. There's rumors that Minnesota is going to heavily pursue Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 3: For JJ a first round pick and Jonathan Garnard, So I don't because it's rumored that Gernard may be a cap casualty anyways, and Hockinson I've never been the same since as what happened.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't hate that, but my only problem with it would be that Joe Burrow isn't always healthy.
Speaker 3: It's been to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, like he's a he is a good quarterback.
Speaker 3: Matt brought up before. There's some money issues that had to be worked out, a lot of it.
Speaker 1: But there's also the issues of Burrow has been heard almost every season. You have to sign then a backup QB.
Speaker 2: You also you have to.
Speaker 3: That's part of the reason why a lot of people are saying Quacy got shit canned because they really wanted you know, they had They tried to get j or Sam and.
Speaker 1: Well they low balled the ship out.
Speaker 3: Well they offered him the thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they knew he was gonna go get more somewhere else they can't.
Speaker 3: So he was planning one A. Daniel Jones was planned one B and they offered him more money than Indy did.
Speaker 1: But they said JJ's our guy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So and he's a story Mark, I want a chance to actually start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look what Indianapolis Jones did until he blew out his achilles.
Speaker 3: That sucks that.
Speaker 1: I was very upset when that happened.
Speaker 2: I mean I think a lot of us were too.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, that's kind of a second second, feel good story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was Anyways, let's get into my favorite topic. The Twins are dead.
Speaker 3: There was a reportedly a little rift between Derek Felvey and the Pole Ads. Oh imagine that, and that's why they mutually Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh. GM goes to owners, Hey, guys, I need more money than this if we're gonna win. Owners say no, you don't. GM gets mad. GM then gets fired, and the owners still come out and go, you know, hey, not a payroll issue.
Speaker 3: We're gonna compete this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna compete. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was the craziest quote I've ever heard when they go, when Tom pull that goes, can we get off the payroll thing?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Let's let's see. Let's see if they're playing meaningful baseball in September.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna be playing meaningful baseball in June.
Speaker 1: I will not be renewing my Twins.
Speaker 2: TV me neither.
Speaker 3: You almost have to just to watch the dumpster fight.
Speaker 1: Actually sorry, I'm gonna go month to month this year. Yea, I bought I bought the entire package for like one hundred and nine dollars after tax. What a mistake. So this year I'm gonna learn from that mistake. I'm going to grow in my own skin here. I'm gonna grow be better than I was last year. Unlike the Twins.
Speaker 3: Did you do the league wide subscription or just twins?
Speaker 1: Just the Twins? Because I have YouTube TV too, so I get a bunch of other games and I'm not paying for MLB TV. I don't want to watch it that bad because then I feel obligated. Anytime I'm watching TV, it has to be a baseball game.
Speaker 3: That's why I watch all the wild games.
Speaker 2: The woman in your room?
Speaker 3: But what was that button?
Speaker 2: That is from a rus? Want of that one?
Speaker 3: There's a woman in your room?
Speaker 1: I just don't think I just don't think that was the appropriate time to use it. By the board Minister.
Speaker 3: He is not on point.
Speaker 2: I was that point the other day.
Speaker 3: Well the other day, that's not today.
Speaker 1: That's not Cory Twins. The Twins suck. They're going to be so bad again. They don't have a bullpen. They don't have I mean, it's just no. You see he's actually doing YouTube. I see that, and he's trying and he's trying to like throw one hundred after taking however many months off.
Speaker 3: Do you have that list of players acquisitions they've done this year. It's it's on.
Speaker 2: The Ted Ted had it.
Speaker 3: It's on our page.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, from sports and songs and stuff. They had it.
Speaker 3: There's Matt posted on our Beer Belly Sports Facebook page is a list of acquisitions we've had this say who who who? Who?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: Damn it?
Speaker 2: Trying to find keep talking?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I was trying to find it to an accident.
Speaker 2: So the US up twins and newest additions to this off season. Number one is Danny out True altra Vila.
Speaker 4: Yep, that guy, thirty three years old, eight year vet in the big leagues, not official signed yet. Orlando Arcia thirty one years old, ten year vet in the big leagues, not officially.
Speaker 3: Wasn't he with us before?
Speaker 1: He let us not forget about? Josh Bell?
Speaker 4: Hold, I'm getting there. This is an alphabetic quarter, by the way, too. Oh Andrew Bash twenty nine years old, right hander, eighty seven appearance in Triple A with the Blue Jays level or with the Blue Jays organization.
Speaker 3: How about you just go with the guys that have MLB experiences a lot of these some of them do, a lot of them do.
Speaker 2: Actually, Josh Bell obviously no first baseman da thirty three years old, ten year Big league VET. Matt Bowman, right handed pitcher, thirty four years old, two hundred and forty career.
Speaker 4: Innings in the Big leagues. Uh, Victor H. Cantalina or Cartonina whatever, hell, he's a backup catcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Karantine Krantini thirty two years old, nine year, nine year league VET, Big league VET. Tristan Gray shortstop, third base, second baseman twenty nine years old, one hundred and twenty two played appearances in the Big leagues with three different teams. It looks like it's Grant Hardwick twenty eight year old, thirty two career MLB bullpen appearance with the Mets.
Speaker 2: Love that. God damn, it just gets fucking better.
Speaker 3: The next guy four hundred and forty career played appearances in the Big leagues over five teams.
Speaker 2: That's Alex Jackson.
Speaker 3: Who right? Oh wait, we got the two time Gatorade players Kansas. That's Jace Kaminska. Thank god, he's twenty four.
Speaker 2: Thank god we have them. I'm so worried.
Speaker 1: The Twins Savior, the Twins Savior guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they signed twenty two guys, have traded two of them away. So we've had twenty acquisitions, but that there's a note that's both Triple A and MLB signings. So Josh Bell is our big fish so far.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what a sign we're doing such big things? What a sign do we want to do? Our very early.
Speaker 1: Predictions, they're gonna finish below the White Sox.
Speaker 3: Who had what was their lowest attended game last year, like thirty fans the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I would not be shocked by by any fucking means.
Speaker 1: I mean, I went to a game last year which I will not be doing this year.
Speaker 2: What do you get free tickets?
Speaker 1: Though not doing it? That's how I was there.
Speaker 3: I still have to pay to get there, yep, I mean right, gotta drive and then your ten dollars beer.
Speaker 1: And eight So now I went when Nelly was playing. After the game, it still wasn't even.
Speaker 2: Your favorite player was pitching at the time too, wasn't.
Speaker 1: He He's not my favorite player?
Speaker 2: Okay? On the Twins, Well, no, he's just.
Speaker 1: Not my favorite player. Paul Skins. No, he's my Joe. He has oh Joe Ryan. Yeah, it's a good game to watch Paul Skins against Joe Ryan. Got to see Livy Dunn in person, I can say that a lot of people can't. I was in the same room as her.
Speaker 2: You didn't take a photo.
Speaker 1: Room being the stadium.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's can't.
Speaker 3: Be crazy to think about that. You're sitting in this area and that stateum can hold what forty thousand people something like that. That's almost three times the size of the Midge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all in fun, that's good.
Speaker 4: What's the acreage is like eight eight acres? Yeah, that's what something somebody like did, like the acreagin and like the overlap is makes it.
Speaker 1: Ten like it's all just one room, you know.
Speaker 2: But we do have a shot. Bet I say that Joe Ryan will be traded this off season by April.
Speaker 3: By the time spring training is just about wrapping up then going to did we write down if it's before spring training starts there after, just by April? So by so that I would assume that would be by the start of April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: So you've got six weeks, seven weeks before he's got to get traded.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll do it, and if they do.
Speaker 3: All cry if they trade him and or Buxton, I'd be Nope.
Speaker 1: I'd be fine with the Buxton trade because you're gonna get something for that. Joe Ryan, You're gonna get something for him. But it's gonna be like, you know, two more. Pablo Lopez's not good, not good.
Speaker 3: We got Walker Drinkins coming though.
Speaker 1: But he's just rotting right now.
Speaker 2: He like Austin Marn't we talked about.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Locker Jank. You know, I'd go to a Saints game before I went to a Twins game, just to watch him hit.
Speaker 2: I will talk to Sean.
Speaker 3: Tickets for us, ding that bell you name that, I try and get all right, spin that wheel?
Speaker 2: All right? What's one do I want?
Speaker 5: It's time now. Crappy hairstyles, succulent candies. I'd rather JFK cheerleader, pyramid schemes, things. I'll admit to. Color palettes from hell, Revolting sodas.
Speaker 2: So we by the way, we're getting more wheel stuff because we used up all of.
Speaker 3: Them, the way he's used this one like three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we use up all the other ones as well.
Speaker 4: Toot sodas, beers, revolting beers, vaulting beers that you've had.
Speaker 1: I'd have to dig into the silver, silver, bullet sessions.
Speaker 2: Uh the worst one that I had.
Speaker 1: Red dog Ooh that's a good pull.
Speaker 3: But ice those are nasty.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stick on the ice train and go natural ice. It was a it was a dark day in college natur days. Okay, No, you can have like two.
Speaker 2: Hey during softball.
Speaker 3: No, I never drink you never did.
Speaker 1: I had a I had a run in with natty ice one time.
Speaker 2: Where did it treat you bad? You know?
Speaker 1: Someone asked to go pick it up for you on their way, because you know, is.
Speaker 3: That when you're pre twenty one? Is't it cost you twenty bucks for a twelve pack?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: Well now it does cost you.
Speaker 1: Twenty does but uh right, yeah, just get a case of Natty comes back with natural ice. And we were outside the entire day. It was like the first seventy five degree day, nice weather. Well there was no cooler in sight. Oh yeah, just a piss warm natural ice. And I thought I was gonna die the next day. That might have been the first time I've experienced like a true fuck you hangover?
Speaker 3: Do you get a worst hangover? So you sit down one night and you drink twelve of these? Yep, you sit down another night and you drink twelve glasses of keg beer.
Speaker 1: Keg beer.
Speaker 3: I get a worst headache off of keg beer. You know, I s carbonese.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I had four four beers on Tuesday here and I woke up in an absolute hell hole. I really, I it's so bad.
Speaker 2: It was so do we have We didn't have anything else big, no apv on We didn't have anything big, No, we didn't.
Speaker 1: But I just woke up and felt so shitty. You must be getting old, isn't that crazy? The six beer hangover sucks, yeah, because sometimes you six beers and you're fine. Sometimes you drink six beers and you're you act like you just drank a case.
Speaker 3: You're still young enough, though. You're gonna you turn thirty.
Speaker 1: This year, don't you twenty seven?
Speaker 3: I thought you said you were born in ninety Oh no, you're born in ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety six.
Speaker 3: Okay. Once you cress thirty, you turn into the multi day hangovers.
Speaker 1: I rocked one I had. I had a wedding on Saturday and it it crept into my Monday, and that was not fun. That was not fun.
Speaker 3: I when you're twenty one, go to work and you know when you're twenty one and hey, let's go get some beers. All right, who wants to do some shots? All right, let's get some more beers.
Speaker 1: Okay, shots, Hey, we got some jack over here. Next thing you know, you're on the Kaigan Cork dance floor on a Thursday.
Speaker 3: With a picture. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh well, they don't have sour. They have to make their own sour from.
Speaker 1: But you know that, Like I have to mentally prepare for like a weekend like fourth of July. I'm staying, I'm stay, I'm staying dry that entire week and going I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it for two days, three days.
Speaker 3: What do we got for food? Kind of base? Am I gonna get exact bread or some chip?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: You you have to mentally prepare yourself and physically prepare yourself. So water, a plenty of hydration, food, whatever hydrate, whatever, electrolytes you.
Speaker 3: Want, bottle of tail and all.
Speaker 2: You gotta pop pop two before you go to bed.
Speaker 1: And like, I'm stubborn too when it comes to a hangover, I'll let myself rot and feel like shit and do nothing to cure it besides drinking water. Because I say, I'm an adult. I made that decision to do this. I knew the consequences, so I'm not gonna alleviate my pain.
Speaker 3: What's your hangover?
Speaker 1: Mine?
Speaker 3: Your go to hangover cure?
Speaker 1: Oh that's easy, Like, come on, so you go to Taco Bell for breakfast. You get yourself that steak breakfast crun trap. Then you stop at the local circle. K. Don't put your hand down, you stop, you stop at well. Actually, before you go to breakfast, you have to have a cup of coffee and keep the pot on. So it's gonna be coffee, t Bell breakfast, come back, drink that pot of coffee. So then you're energized, little jittery. You can't tell if you're shaking from the beers or shaking from the caffeine. And then you just sit there and you rot. You You maybe mix in a gatorade, but you just sit there and chug water. There's no cure for the hangover.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there is of water. Get yourself moving, and then for me, it's a tall fucking cold coke from McDonald's with a breakfast Sammy.
Speaker 1: You know what, I hate that? Actually, works to kick a hangover sometimes is going and like working out, because yeah, like you're you're sweating it out, you're doing something physical, so then you don't get the anxiety.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I've noticed there's times where like I know I've got ship to do and I just power through it, and I'm like, yep, I don't feel as bad as if I had just laid around.
Speaker 1: Correct, Because you lay around, your brain goes, God, what I do last night? Then you're then you remember everything, or even worse, you don't remember everything, and then and then.
Speaker 2: You go like no brownout, remember bits and parts for like a rolling brown out.
Speaker 1: But but the worst is when you're just laying there with nothing to do. You know what else also helps if you're with a group of people in the night before and that same group is still together and you can just hash it all out.
Speaker 3: You start drinking by eleven clocking in the next Morning's.
Speaker 1: Correct, which is also a good Cure's.
Speaker 4: Mine is I did this over the weekend and talk about breakfast, but bacon, the crunch wrap, the bacon one, but I have sour cream.
Speaker 1: That's too heavy.
Speaker 3: That would probably make me sure, you know, talking about heavy a good hangover ship too.
Speaker 1: You guys know my favorite drink when I'm hungover, though, And you know the kind of hangover where your mouth.
Speaker 3: Tastes like like a cat peet in it.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, it's just dry, it's stale. It tastes like booze. You go to that fridge and you just start gunning straight out of the gallon of ice cold milk. It's gonna do awful things to your stomach. But my god, does it tastes better than it ever has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the occasional.
Speaker 1: And I'm not a milk drinker. Like, I don't keep it on deck. It's not in my bullpen.
Speaker 3: There's the occasional. I really whipped one on the night before and I go make myself called dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I hate throwing up more than anything else in this world. And I hate a lot of things in this world, but throwing up is one thing I just refused to do unless it's during But like the day the day was, but twice the day after, if I had to sit there over a toilet.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: I think that would shut me down for a day, if not three days.
Speaker 3: So I am surprised. Miss Abby. Let you get into her.
Speaker 2: Car that night they put me in.
Speaker 3: I was there. She drove all of us back to the camper. That was nice of her, and then we dropped your ass in the.
Speaker 2: Rick flared myself into the ground. I remember that.
Speaker 3: Just bang and Kristin Abbey jumped on you.
Speaker 4: Which I was not saying, no do. Justin Elmer said, like Fountain soda, Coca Cola is better hungover. I like diet coke from uh McDonald's because they have that different a.
Speaker 3: Mouth full of foam. You.
Speaker 1: My favorite diet coke actually is a pounder of diet coke in a six can. Yes, I found it almost every game.
Speaker 2: You can now find it almost everywhere.
Speaker 1: Like, give me the pounder of DC if I'm going I had one on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Good choice.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of looks if you're walking around in public with that because some people might think it's a Cords love, but.
Speaker 2: It's you would never do that at a game or anything.
Speaker 1: No, I drink diet coke in the booth.
Speaker 2: I know that's what that's what. Nope, just diet coke coke play a day, yeps, Hey, you're welcome. Burst.
Speaker 3: So this we didn't call him dickhead first of.
Speaker 1: One who pointed out, well Matt posted at the first game.
Speaker 2: I did didn't see it until later. Well you could do it. I can't. Like, what are are you talking about?
Speaker 1: See, Oh, there's just one of these sitting in the corner.
Speaker 2: That's nervous of DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Diet Coke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of d C.
Speaker 3: Obviously my special edition can.
Speaker 1: It might have been a Diet Corse Light.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Diet Corse light.
Speaker 3: That's what he said. It was a joke, I know, but it just would be like the old bud gross.
Speaker 2: Anyways, let's take a little break here quick. Yeah, let me get to the let me get to the songs real quickly. Man, get to all that fun stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, anyways, uh misconnections. Up next, we're gonna do our picks for the uh upcoming big game.
Speaker 3: Trav is going in the box. Yeah, trivia, oh.
Speaker 2: Ship, I got whiskey Meedia.
Speaker 1: I beat Matt last time, though he did.
Speaker 2: I got two last week.
Speaker 3: I got one.
Speaker 1: No, I think I got two, you got one. Or maybe I got three and you got two.
Speaker 3: Maybe do we want to do it where he leaves the room or did I ask you first?
Speaker 2: Or do we just run run it all? Right, all right, be back a live. We got a lot more coming up here on the beer Belly Sports Radio Network and on the Beerbery Sports Show.
Speaker 10: Enough to know what I'm doing, and I'm drunk enough to really enjoy doing it.
Speaker 2: So where was that Beerbelly Sports podcast?
Speaker 3: Hay Brews?
Speaker 4: Why are you loading your recliner, a TV, and a fridge into your truck.
Speaker 10: Because I just saved a hundred bucks at home choice in but Meiji, here's the promo code BBS as in beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 2: Hold up, you actually use a promo code?
Speaker 10: Heck yeah, mentioned beer Belly Sports in store and boom, one hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 2: I'm heading there right now. Do they sell cagaraiders?
Speaker 10: Oh, they've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 3: Head to home choice in Bumigi today, use promo code BBS or beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 11: This is lois from the Knob and Kettle Restaurant and Lounge where we serve our smoked prime rib Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of Iaska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 3: Up quality farm fresh flavor. Head to Angie's Acres and ach And, Minnesota, where your local source for one hundred percent wag u steaks, delicious pork, pulchry products, cremium ground beef, and fresh garden vegetables, all raised and grown with care. Order online anytime at angie'z acresmn dot com or call two one eight five one five three eight nine zero. They also do local drop offs. Check our Facebook page to see when we'll be near you. Angie's Acres from our farm to your table the way Nature intended.
Speaker 5: Take your next gathering legendary with Herbert and Gerbert's catering. Why settle for the ordinary when you can have extraordinary subs and sides this holiday season. Take the worry out of your meal planning with Erbert and Gerbert's Colossus boxes, giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody smiley. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take cater to them all. Unwrap the flavor with Erbert and Gerbert this season and call it in or order online to make your holidays extra delicious. Herbert and gibberts on the quarter of fifteen pen Bamagi Avenue.
Speaker 12: At Paul on your communications, You're more than a customer. You're a member of our local broadband cooperative, and as a cooperative, we invest right back into the communities we call home, building better broadband, supporting local projects and organizations, and working every day to make our region a better place to live and work. We're proud to deliver world class connectivity across Northern Minnesota because strong communities grow from strong connections. We're Paul Bunyan Communications, powered by the gigazone.
Speaker 2: If I hear Yamo be there one more time, I'm going to Yamo burn this place to the ground. You're listening to it to beer Belly Sports there, don't you own they continue to be the semipro of the sports doc world.
Speaker 10: Are you fan of Minnesota sports? Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out.
Speaker 3: One of my.
Speaker 10: Favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their appaiale is designed and screenprinted here in Minnesota on super Soft Super Company shirts and hoodies.
Speaker 2: You'll love it.
Speaker 10: We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotans for Minnesotans. Code beer belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to be a Really Sports. I'm mag Jeffrey Scott Wilson and Travis Caru.
Speaker 3: Hi boys, all right, can you hear me? No?
Speaker 2: No, I did. I was working on that. We have a really good second half for us here. Of course, we had they sent my pro of sports talk.
Speaker 4: Be Really Sports find us online at BBI, Sportsman dot Com and baseball season right around the corner we have. I'll be on the play by play for the most part, traves down every one of the analysts for this year, and I believe Sam's gonna be one of them, and Bruce will be the color analyst as well too, So that'll be fun here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make Sam do the play by play. I just want to be the color guy. Give me the Tom Brady of.
Speaker 4: You really want to, I'll just sit there on the silence together, do you thing? Actually, I'll just run the board.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, nobody cares anyways.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what I was doing last summer? Was the color guy?
Speaker 2: You were the color guy last year.
Speaker 1: I didn't point out a single color either. That's a damn shame on my that's just a mister, that's a misconnection on my part.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to say you're the broadcast Dick Bramer?
Speaker 2: Yes? I am? Are you? Are you? Are you not me? What are you guys doing next Wednesday? Next Friday? That's the thirteen?
Speaker 3: That's a loaded question.
Speaker 2: February.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because you asked already.
Speaker 1: Usually Friday consists of going to work and then kind of sniffing out whatever trouble I can get into that night.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, good good, I'm gonna be at eight sports they're doing there at the at San France Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got asked to the announcing for that game, for the six and eight o'clock game.
Speaker 2: Hackey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't it the basketball showcase again?
Speaker 1: Brother, I can't do hockey.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's it's hockey. Sorry, it's basketball.
Speaker 1: That's even harder. I gotta try and remember five guys, well ten people's names who are on the court at the same time.
Speaker 2: If I can do it, you can do it. I've done it for years in Catholic. Yeah you know what, Matt.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal about that, though.
Speaker 2: I'm just pro.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've done that. Yeah okay, and I bet you weren't very good at it when you first did it.
Speaker 2: You did very good for me.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because baseball is such a slow moving game. It's so easy.
Speaker 3: He's got like I.
Speaker 1: Got time to look and be like, oh that was hit to Ricky.
Speaker 2: You're a PA announcer, that's all you're doing.
Speaker 1: Why do you want me to why do you want me to be the PA announcer? Don't I do that on my own time? Enough?
Speaker 3: So you're forgetting this, Matt, that's February thirteenth.
Speaker 2: I'll wear this.
Speaker 3: He's got a new girlfriend, and that's Valentine's weekend. He's going to be a little occupied, I know. And if he isn't and he goes off with you, his ass is going to be in trouble.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's on Saturday, though, it's a whole weekend event.
Speaker 2: Though, I'm just.
Speaker 3: I'm on for a new relationship.
Speaker 1: Fuck, so my Friday's booked, is what you're telling me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll score some extra Brownie points.
Speaker 1: Well really, no, I'm probably booked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hope she's not listening.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, sweetie, let's let's go for dinner. To wait, did she say, sweetie? So pro tip, yeah, buy your flowers either on the twelfth or thirteenth.
Speaker 1: No, because then you have to keep them alive, and they don't stay alive if they're in the back seat.
Speaker 2: Fucking pointless.
Speaker 1: But no, you know what, I disagree with that because I'm twenty seven years old. No one has ever bought me flowers and a lot of guys statistically only get flowers once in their life and at their funeral.
Speaker 3: When they die.
Speaker 1: Yep, So what I've made that well known that I want fucking flowers at some point in time when I'm alive.
Speaker 3: The reason why I'm telling you this is this is a money saving because that same dozen roses, if you buy it on the twelfth or thirteen song, is a few dozen thirty bucks, where if you buy it on Valentine's Day it's at least double that.
Speaker 1: I'll pay it. So I don't want to try and keep things alive like.
Speaker 3: You just put them on your counter and have you.
Speaker 2: Know what I would.
Speaker 1: I'm going on a line here and say a dog is easier to keep alive than a plant as a male. As a male, it is easier for me to keep something alive with a heartbeat than something that needs photosynthesis, which Matt can't say or spell photo synthesis. You stay alive.
Speaker 3: You want to impress a woman? Have plants at your house, Dude.
Speaker 1: I've thought about this, and at one point in time I had a goldfish.
Speaker 3: Okay, I won't get like an alo plant. You water it like once every two weeks.
Speaker 1: Why is that such a girl thing.
Speaker 2: Plants.
Speaker 1: They're all around the house all the time. I've never understood it. Like my mom the worst plant keeping over, but she has plants all the time. Sorry, mom.
Speaker 3: Like I've got a peace lily and an alol plant at my house.
Speaker 2: What the peace loser?
Speaker 3: It's that one with the big like dark green leaves and the white flowers. You'd see him a lot of funerals.
Speaker 1: I might buy like one of those mini cacti.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go, low maintenance, but you have do I still have to water it once in.
Speaker 2: A great grap Justin said, passing the flowers. They promised ring our engagement ring.
Speaker 3: She started, that's Geffrey moves right.
Speaker 2: Well, thats fucking time out.
Speaker 4: That's a technical foul forty fourteen with the body.
Speaker 1: So we're saying I should probably not go get alone?
Speaker 2: Then is.
Speaker 3: The old The old rule of thumb was three months salary, so.
Speaker 1: I should wait for a three month anni.
Speaker 3: Well, make sure you know she's gonna be the one before you know, like three years from she's gonna try and take half your ship.
Speaker 2: But never mind, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 2: I won't do it very now.
Speaker 1: I'm regretting even telling any of you that I'm in a relation.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to help you save money and save buy flowers early versus the day off, because then I have to keep them alive. Not saying a week early.
Speaker 2: I'll buy them at like full cost.
Speaker 1: I'll do it before the other scumbags. I'll get them at noon on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Right away. Walmart actually has pretty good roses.
Speaker 1: Until they're until they're picked over, because I've done that in the past. You go at like and it's you and like twenty other dudes, and they all look like they're never dead. Never one chick buying her Man flowers, which is just really it's been a thought of mine since like high school.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we all know this is Matt's favorite holiday.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate this holiday. Thank you for bringing the ninth grade baby.
Speaker 3: Oh damn it, Courtney, it was.
Speaker 1: He still loves you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't miss you. Where are you? Because I've uh, Justin also asked you don't see a future? It's been a fuck tell.
Speaker 1: You what do we mean? I don't what what is going on here?
Speaker 3: You know what Justin's trying to press you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's trying to raige bait you with what the kids would say.
Speaker 1: All right, so second half, Matt, I already bought the ring. Chill out, Jesus, I'm kidding. I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: It's time for my favorite part.
Speaker 2: And I did read these never.
Speaker 5: Have an awkward encounter with the supermarkets and don't know where else to turn searching for love on the internet. It's time for missed connections with Matt Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Al Right, so justin God damn it. Courtesy of the.
Speaker 3: Great White Buffalo, the Great White Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is does not look it says.
Speaker 3: It says courtesy Great White Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Misconnection in Littleton back in September of last year.
Speaker 3: This is pause for a second. K you could do that as news is the weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can do that. I just looked. I finally got time.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you do that as I want to keep going.
Speaker 1: I was showing him.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh, misconnection in Littleton back in September of last year.
Speaker 2: This is a shot in the dark. But I'm looking for someone I worked at Halloween event. Halloween event in Littleton. We never exchanged contact info. It was September of last year. I'm twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Female, good luck, she's gone, never come back, come back.
Speaker 2: Next one, this one, This one's in Madison. These are always good.
Speaker 4: Misconnection female for male, Far West Bar. On Tuesday, February third, we sat around the corner from each other at Middleton Bar. We were both conversing with others, but shared a quick conversation about a mutual work environment.
Speaker 2: You caught my eye as you left.
Speaker 4: You caught my eye in several ways. What you saw as you left was accurate, although not black and white.
Speaker 2: I'd like to continue a conversation. If this rings a bell, chat with me with something specifically in the situation, please bear my I don't know. I'd say vegas, vargas. There's no r in ebud right here. Vagueness vets there go magnus.
Speaker 4: The IY knows why So reading this, I think she's married.
Speaker 3: Do you know what vague means?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pretty vague about it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what that means?
Speaker 1: More or less like a vagabond? Do you know what that means?
Speaker 3: I never heard that word vegabond?
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone who just wanders.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But you're good at that. You being vague as you're not being direct, You're elluding to but you're not being forthcoming.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Anyways, in the story, she says that well you saw left was inaccurate. Although not black and white, feels like that she is might be married.
Speaker 3: She's beating around the bush.
Speaker 2: That happens, that will happened next one misconnection in Mill Valley. This is a total long shot, but I figured I try.
Speaker 4: I was at hookfish in Mill Valley earlier today and kept locking eyed with a woman who was there with a friend. We exchanged a smile, but I didn't work up the her to say hello. It felt awkward interrupting while she was or she was with someone. And now I'm kicking myself. You had red hair and I was wearing a biker gear, blue pants and a white helmet. I was there with my friends and meant to come over, but overthought it until it was too late.
Speaker 1: Hell's Angels trying to find love.
Speaker 2: Jesus. If wow, if this happens to reach you or someone knows who I love to, I love the chance to actually induce myself and not and not try to learn a lesson to be braver.
Speaker 1: Next time you said induce yourself instead of introduce.
Speaker 8: Your introduce, Yeah, I thought you said you read these man, I don't care. Highway three misconnection help. You were waiting at the stop light on Highway three. I was turning onto Highway three from five point fifty five. You waved at me. First date, Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: What. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: This is nuts because do you know how many people I've randomly waved out thinking there's someone else and they're not that person. Then you just have to awkwardly sit there and think about the the next ten minutes, you're like, what if that person thought I was someone?
Speaker 2: Do it happens? It happens.
Speaker 1: Did they wave back? I wonder that's the question?
Speaker 2: Wave.
Speaker 1: Well, if if someone waves at you and you don't know them, you either just wave back to be polite, or you sit there and be like, who the fuck was that? You don't go check Reddit to see if that person posted about waving at you. Sickening just sickening stuff.
Speaker 4: Next one day, Macy's parking lot in Southdale. This is down in the Diana area. To the beautiful older woman sitting in a car in the Macy's parking lot at Southdale. I pulled it next to you to the parking lot over what are your dumbasses doing.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, it's like we're at the vic household.
Speaker 3: That's enough to red rag.
Speaker 1: Matt Jeffrey. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh, broke them up, dad voice, you're fine.
Speaker 4: To the beautiful older woman sitting in the car in the Macy's parking lot at Southdale. I pulled in next to you to the park to park. I looked over to your car. You had your eyes closed and your head back. You were wearing a short skirt that.
Speaker 2: Was hiked up way too high. Dot dot dot. You were enjoying yourself. It was very erotic.
Speaker 4: I truly enjoyed watching. When you open up your eyes, you saw me smile and wink, then drove off. I would love to watch again, message me.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, a voyeur, I'd love to.
Speaker 2: Watch Maty do what you gotta do. You know Culver's. This is in Sioux City, Culvers on Hamilton Boulevard.
Speaker 3: Ben Sue City.
Speaker 2: But not there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was thinking, so false.
Speaker 2: No, Sioux City.
Speaker 1: Are they close to Pierre.
Speaker 2: No, it's in a different state. Oh our Sorry, you were a city at Culver's on Hamilton Boulevar with your coworker.
Speaker 4: You made eye contact and kind of flirted with you. Sorry, I kind of flirted with you. I went to my white town and Country minivan dork. You followed and started heading to my van.
Speaker 2: Wow. Then your coworker came out and diverted you to the company vehicle. I thought about you quite a bit.
Speaker 4: I live in Spencer, Iowa, but I've made several trips back to Culver's on Hamilton to hope to be meeting you again.
Speaker 2: What fuss.
Speaker 3: That's when it goes from open to see you again to stocker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that happens.
Speaker 1: What the fucked?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Last one here lost girlfriend and Fargo. Ooh, I like to get back with my girlfriend. We were together about ten years ago.
Speaker 1: This this one sucks because I thought it was gonna be like a boyfriend sarcastically posting on Reddit that his girlfriend's lost because she like got too drunk and went home earlier, something like that, Right, like this is this one's She.
Speaker 4: Would stay at a hotel in South Moorhead they rented by a month for her. I was hoping I could talk to you again, maybe catch up over coffee.
Speaker 2: Name is rich. You had a daughter that had.
Speaker 4: Had an apartment on the north side of Fargo, up by the shack on Broadway.
Speaker 2: Send the pic to verify if it's you. Jesus, that's not fucking weird.
Speaker 3: That's a reach after ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I's sorry, bro, not happening.
Speaker 1: She lives in Omaha.
Speaker 2: No, it's like, we'll see you later, Justin said bit nippy there.
Speaker 4: Don't take that attitude in your first last Valentine's Weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't give a shit about Valentine's Weekend. The worst holiday of all time?
Speaker 3: I think he's talking to Travis Er.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but still it is the worth holiday of all time. No, you broably it always happens like after an hour or so, I got to restart it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'd say Halloween's worth worse.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, drunken idiots everywhere? You like it because of how the women are dressed.
Speaker 1: I I hate Halloween and I'll die on that. Hell, I think it's the stupidest holiday.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed how many ladies now are oh spooky season?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I hate it. See, it's just dumb, Matt. I got news of the words.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, hold, let me find a but more for you. There. It is phenomena, all right.
Speaker 1: First one out of the gate, loose cow prompts lockdown at Nebraska school. The cow on loose in Nebraska made its way into a high school tennis court, prompting the police to impose a lockdown on the school. The McCook Police Department said the cow was spotted Wednesday, and I quote this keeps the students and staff in the building and keeps the cows out, The department set in the Facebook post. Officers were able to hurt up the cow and bring it back to the barn it belonged to. So a cow in a tennis court, locked down a school in Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Are tough? Not it is?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's dead now.
Speaker 1: Next one, we have four legged pooch pirates swipe package from Oklahoma City porch. So it's two dogs. This one's better if you see the video. But it's two dogs that went to multiple houses in Oklahoma City and we're stealing packages off of porches. And this is the best. The OKCA Police Department says, clear video footage of these dogs, sorry canines, approach the front door, pick up the package in their mouths, and flee the scene. Well, the second dog is just a bystander.
Speaker 2: That sounds like my dogs.
Speaker 1: Evidence shows clear intent, flawless teamwork, and zero remorse, just pure tail wagon confidence. I got a new tree, that guys, And then the last one that I found is actually the best one. Wild turkeys terrorized Wisconsin neighborhood. Hell yeah, and chase postal.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard this one. I saw this video of this.
Speaker 1: The residents of a southern Wisconsin town have been dealing with an unusual group of local ruffians, a flock of aggressive wild turkeys, and one of the postal carriers said, as he was approaching crossing the street, the turkeys started chasing after him. It's scary, Like, these are big birds. They're as tall as my son. When they fluff their feathers, they're scary. They're huge. Tow an eight year old.
Speaker 3: I have a pet turkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my dogs killed one of your turkeys. Was no, it was a chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But have you ever seen a turkey flying?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Actually they're flying.
Speaker 1: I watched one when I was in the Long Prairie. I watched one actually hop up into a tree.
Speaker 3: They're hiking huge.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird that they sleep in a tree when they're not like a nesting animal, you know, like they don't have nests.
Speaker 3: They have roosts, yep. But they're ground nesters, right, But I.
Speaker 1: Just think it's weird that they sleep in the tree. If you have a nest on the ground, I get it, it's safer up in that tree.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I actually have chickens at my house and I have a turkey.
Speaker 1: Turkeys are stupid animals.
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: They're cool as ship though.
Speaker 1: They're uglier than how Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And they're food horse, are they? Yeah? I put out a thing of food and she'll just fuck just through it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why they say, like turkey farms always have to keep them inside because they're that stupid. When it rains, they'll look up because someone's hitting them on the head and they'll drown themselves.
Speaker 3: But they're great, like chicken protectors. If a crow comes down, they'll chase it off.
Speaker 1: You mean, motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: But they're funny if you watch them run.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's hilarious, except when they're crossing the road right in front of you. I hit a turkey one time my brand new car.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, so it came out of nowhere. Travis, Sorry, Justin said Travis had to kink and get a forever.
Speaker 1: We get out of can we get off?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 1: How many cocktails have you had tonight? Justin?
Speaker 3: Is this ninety day fiance?
Speaker 1: I hate you all? This will this will be the last time I'm ever affiliated with beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 2: Okay, We'll see you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Nope, not true.
Speaker 2: Okay the week after nope.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm gonna go on a hiatus.
Speaker 3: Matt's going to the black or blocked phone contacts. All right, So wiskipedia.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 3: There's actually a couple Olympic related one questions in this one, since we're opening ceremonies around friends.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I might leave because I don't want to be like influenced by his idiocracy.
Speaker 3: So you need to let him in. You need to let him answer first before you say anything.
Speaker 2: I won't even say anything. I just want to see it. I'm gonna know what button to push. I will tell you, all right. Anyways, you're the button board guy.
Speaker 3: Job cue the music, mister.
Speaker 2: So it's not about what we know. It's about with Travis nows correct, not a lot? Do you want?
Speaker 3: Five questions? All right?
Speaker 1: What was the other option?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 1: Up to you?
Speaker 2: Hour thirty. Right now, you.
Speaker 3: Can mate all through him pretty quick.
Speaker 1: We'll do best a seven series.
Speaker 3: All right, So question number one. Of the six main characters on Friends, this one never got married Phoebe. Wrong, it is Joey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I thought I was safe with Phoebe.
Speaker 2: She got married to Paul Rudd.
Speaker 1: I was never I was never a wait are we talking in real life or okay, that's fine, Paul. See, I wasn't a friend. I was never a Friends guy.
Speaker 3: And he still looks the same today.
Speaker 1: He's a gorgeous humans too. He is an age has a nope like I love you, man.
Speaker 3: This is forty just.
Speaker 2: Justin can't drink anymore health reasons, Jesus.
Speaker 3: All right. Question number two. This city is where the nineteen ninety six Summer Olympics were held.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know this one happened before I was fucking born, but I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 3: Summer YEP, nineteen ninety There happened to be a terrorist attack during it as well.
Speaker 1: Again before I was born. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Remy Summer Olympics. Olympics. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a Canadian thing, Toronto.
Speaker 3: You had the right cut, man, I knew it was North.
Speaker 1: America because I've actually heard this, but I can't Lake Placid.
Speaker 2: No, that was winter Mattuh.
Speaker 4: It is Atlanta, Georgia. Curtain angle won a limit gold medal where he broke his neck.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, Atlanta, Yep that you know.
Speaker 1: I was thinking. I was thinking like New York that region.
Speaker 3: Question number three, what type of tree did young George Washington supposedly chop? Cherry tree? That is correct?
Speaker 2: One to one?
Speaker 3: I got you, alrighty what year did the Milwaukee Brewers move from the American League to the National League?
Speaker 2: Sam would know?
Speaker 1: I bet he won. Actually, I'm gonna go with the ninety two sounds fun.
Speaker 3: You had the right decade?
Speaker 1: Was it ninety six?
Speaker 3: You're at the wrong end of the decade? Was it ninety ninety eight?
Speaker 2: Year I was born?
Speaker 3: I shouldn't that, all right? Question number five? Is the tomato a fruit? Fruit or vegetable?
Speaker 1: It's a fucking fruit.
Speaker 3: You are correct?
Speaker 1: That has seeds. It's a fruit.
Speaker 3: Alighty? Question number six, and right now this is question six, he's got two old?
Speaker 2: Okay, Sorry?
Speaker 3: What year did the Berlin Wall come down?
Speaker 1: Shoot?
Speaker 2: Might I might know this one?
Speaker 1: I have two guesses here it's either forty seven or.
Speaker 3: Fifty two, just a few years off.
Speaker 1: It could be seventy three. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What's your guest, Matt, I want to go eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not, You're one year off. It was nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was feeling that was born, like he should know that.
Speaker 2: It's got My boy, this got out the same age.
Speaker 3: By the way, he's six days older than I don't care.
Speaker 1: He's still like thousand years old. He's a dinosaur.
Speaker 3: Out thanks Aiden, all right. Question number seven, Yep, this state became the thirty second state in eighteen fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Thirty second. Okay, my mind went to Tennessee, but I don't think it was Tennessee because that's on the east side of the Mississippi. So I know that I'm gonna go thirty second state. That's gotta be Arizona.
Speaker 3: It ends with an uh in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I don't care. Matt, wouldn't have gotten that.
Speaker 2: I was actually thinking Tennessee when you, like.
Speaker 1: I said, I said Tennessee because I was like, that sounds.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 1: But then you gotta remember.
Speaker 3: The question Clark. Question number eight This animal didn't exist in Hawaii until European and American ships arrived in eighteen twenty six.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Hawaii, Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Is it a bird? Kind of Oh, it's not a pterodactyl done.
Speaker 2: I never would have guessed that either.
Speaker 1: A pterodactyl. I. I have no idea. I'm gonna say Hawaii. I don't know, like a flamingo. But that's not kind of a bird. That is a bird.
Speaker 3: We often joke that we call this our state bird. It's not loons, but we say goose mosquitoes are unofficial state bird.
Speaker 1: It's an insect, not an animal.
Speaker 3: Which are animals?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the grand scheme of things?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Question number nine, which blood type is considered the universal blood type?
Speaker 2: I got this one. I remember this one.
Speaker 1: Oh positive, own negative.
Speaker 3: We're going with what's your final answer?
Speaker 1: Negative?
Speaker 3: It is own negative. I knew it was all So you got four cherry trees. That's three. Question number ten, last one, according to the Guinness Book of World War Records, what is the best selling book of all time?
Speaker 1: It's gotta be the Bible.
Speaker 3: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Correct, that is correct.
Speaker 3: I got a bonus one for you.
Speaker 1: One who wrote it.
Speaker 3: Nope, good because so I did what am I supposed to say?
Speaker 5: That's one?
Speaker 3: What is the So during the twenty twenty three Panama American Games, what was the most downloaded app by athletes at the event?
Speaker 1: In twenty three?
Speaker 3: Yep, at the TikTok it was tinder, So I suppose I was so this was.
Speaker 1: That was post pandemic, so TikTok should have been out, it would have been tender.
Speaker 3: But so this was done. I did this two years ago, so great before the Summer Olympics is when I did this one. For the Paris Olympics, organizers planned to give out over three hundred thousand condoms.
Speaker 1: Crazy, how horny of those Olympians are?
Speaker 3: They installed sixteen thousand anti sex beds for the pro approximate ten thousand athletes participating.
Speaker 1: What's an anti sex bed?
Speaker 3: It was designed to hold like a very weight limit, lightweight limits, so break yeah, and they were that's.
Speaker 1: Not stopping anybody who wants who wants to do that?
Speaker 3: Right, that's what the floors for.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? Can you imagine the ego boost you would get?
Speaker 3: I broke a bed exactly.
Speaker 1: That those were hard.
Speaker 4: This week he will throw out them fucking hard ones every once in a.
Speaker 3: While, you got. Yeah, that's still an me sure on the bell curve?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was the highest score. It's it's on a curve, right.
Speaker 2: Yep, you did it all right? Should do our picks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Alright?
Speaker 3: Did you read all the messages and catch up?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I just went.
Speaker 3: Into Dustin and Bruce said, they don't care if you change your pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool. Now I don't have an updated I think I do have an updated uh standings. And I know it's.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure that it's events on top of everybody's killing everybody right now?
Speaker 3: Is not this guy?
Speaker 2: No, it's not you, for sure. Yeah. Who'd I send it to? I think I sent it to Justin? Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 4: So here's an updated standings for the playoff standings that we're doing.
Speaker 2: Vince is eleven and two, Dustin is ten and three. I'm ten and three, TJ is.
Speaker 4: Eight and five, Travis is seven and six, Bruce is six and seven six seven, Sam also six and seven, Scott is five and a and Justin is a five and eight as well. They're not alone down there, but could have happened this weekend. We'll find out because the is this weekend?
Speaker 3: You got a fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna suddenly leap frog six people.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You might I heard it's double points.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't getting mad in this situation because I know what everybody picked. So we're being brought to you by this segment being brought to you by a Better Edge.
Speaker 3: Download the app or go to the website Better Edge dot com. Put in the colde beer belly get on us sign.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah. So the Seattle Sea Chickens are taking on the New England Patriots. My dad is a diehard Patriots fan by the way too. It's been around since like the eighties stuff, seeing the ship show, seeing the debacle against the Bears. He's been through it and also been through the good stuff as well too.
Speaker 1: Must must really suck to win six Super Bowls?
Speaker 2: Tough life.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Seattle's fair by four and a half points in this one.
Speaker 2: Who wants to go first?
Speaker 3: Who's the home team?
Speaker 2: Home tea technically would be New England in this one?
Speaker 3: And where is it at this year? Again?
Speaker 2: Forty nine ers oh Levi Stadium. I saw it.
Speaker 3: I said that to them. This morning, I said, why does that sound like something that would happen to Matt?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I saw that checks out.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the Seahawks by a million.
Speaker 3: Okay, Scott I took Seattle.
Speaker 4: And Bruce and Dustin also took Seattle as well. Justin took Seattle. TJ took Seattle, and Vince also took Seattle.
Speaker 3: Oprah, you get Seattle, you get Seattley.
Speaker 1: It's just the safe pick, like they should win it on paper.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna say. I'm gonna buck the Trent. I'm gonna go with the pat.
Speaker 1: Of course, you are just have to be different.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked, because I was like, holy sh.
Speaker 1: It, have to be different.
Speaker 3: Well look at him. He is different.
Speaker 2: Well you're not wrong, built different, bill different. So yeah, that was our quick picks.
Speaker 3: Because did anybody watch the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Such a garbage.
Speaker 2: O.
Speaker 1: Well, Shadre Sanders was a Pro Bowl quarterback. Let that sink in. And Joe you know what, Joe Flacco deserves it. Okay, he's the most elite quarterback to ever play in the NFL.
Speaker 3: You need He's a grizzled old veteran.
Speaker 1: He is, like, give him his last hurrah. He was winning games with fucking Cleveland and Cincinnati. You don't think he deserved.
Speaker 2: That, Remy, she just broke it broken, Mark, Well, she's already been out. She's want squatches a fuck around. It's not even close.
Speaker 1: But the Pro bowls a joe.
Speaker 4: It is such a joke. You watch it and get rid of it. Yeah, just a lot of people saying, just giveing the like the award for it.
Speaker 1: Then give them their award, give them a you can even do a banquet for him.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: It takes it takes the luster off of it. When you've got Shadre Sanders, who like three years ago was Tyler Huntley played three games and I'm a Pro Bowl quarterback because.
Speaker 1: Only because four other quarterbacks declined the invitation.
Speaker 3: And one of them is playing in the big Game. Yes, and the other twelve in the conference are like, we're going golfing.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not tearing my a cl playing.
Speaker 3: Flag football things right?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: All right, well, Ship, that's really about it for today. The quick on the heel picks pissed me off. Scott's gonna have a uh well Super Bowl or the Big Game party at his house I'm gonna make my wings.
Speaker 3: I'm not smoking a pork butt.
Speaker 2: That's fucking go. Travis. Can we playing on seeing you?
Speaker 1: I told you on Tuesday, I'm not sure when I'm gonna be back in town.
Speaker 2: Okay, stands and maybe then I soon.
Speaker 3: Well, I told Matt. I was like, if Travis doesn't come, I definitely don't blame Sam for now showing up. I've never met the guy.
Speaker 1: That's that's true. No, I don't know what I actually don't know what I'm doing because I don't know when I'll be back in town. I don't know what my mental state of mind is going to be.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: Well, I sit at home and just watch a good book or something like that.
Speaker 2: Watch a good book.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, books on.
Speaker 2: Tape that has nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: What have we learned today? Boys? I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: I learned that you guys keep bringing up my fucking worst holiday ever.
Speaker 2: I hate time to day.
Speaker 3: I'm as joke about it, so it's hard not to.
Speaker 1: I learned Matt had the worst cold open fumble i've ever.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that was seen in my life.
Speaker 3: That was like ten to fifteen minutes of gold.
Speaker 1: Such good banter, and your sitting there doing nothing and that's why I was so good. Probably probably wasn't involved exactly. Yeah, probably he's just chiming in every now and again.
Speaker 2: I also learned that, uh, Scott has a hundred foot TV screen one hundred inch under in.
Speaker 3: Whatever, hundred feet mac that's bigger than my house.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, my bad, Sorry, I can't read hundred.
Speaker 3: It's not a TV, it's just a projector center.
Speaker 1: Right, that's big allegedly, Uh is that big?
Speaker 2: It's yeah, pretty big? Uh even near mind Tay shows being brought to by.
Speaker 3: The beautiful Knobbing Kettle located down in Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out Thursday for live music with lows Friday and Saturday. Get some of the best primaryver owned.
Speaker 4: Also being brought to my home choice right here and but Miji go into but Meiji, use a promo code beer at Belly Sports get one hundred dollars off on your purchase.
Speaker 1: Also being brought to you by Seventh Avenue Pizza Pizza before it was trying to be found out your local Circle k location.
Speaker 3: Also Paul Bunyon Communications probably powering the Beer Belly Sports Radio Network with the Gigazone.
Speaker 1: Also being brought to you by Soda Stick And if you go on their website you can find a lot of cool stuff and use code.
Speaker 3: What map beer Belly BBS.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, that one is BBS BBS to get fifteen percent off right now, oh my last week.
Speaker 2: Oh then of course Urban Grimmer's right here.
Speaker 4: But Minji, they will cater it is the big the big event, the big game, and they will have amazing sandwiches and of course soup is always on the pickles great as well too, is that with Bruce's favorite because you gotta dip that sandwich into the soup as well.
Speaker 1: We're kind of getting out of soup season.
Speaker 2: No no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: In February no no no, no no. I love a good chicken wild rice.
Speaker 3: In July, I'll eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, ask gonna do it for us. Thank you to the writers, producers, onside, engineers and those all of us. We have a couple of guests coming up here very shortly. We're gonna have Chelsea from the for the Beavers Women's coach is gonna be on the show be in studio. Che yep, she's bast adultburg. Now that's work is still developed me she she's been on the show a few times in the past, so looking forward. Stop to Code of Person too.
Speaker 1: So if if you guys heard that correctly, I will not be on the show, then probably not well think of the rights producers, onside, engineers and as all of us in the words right, keep you stick on the escape.
Speaker 3: South Dakota. South Dakota has nothing to do with this show.
Speaker 2: That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Nothing to do with this show.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Jeffrey Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality