Speaker 1: Let's go. This is the Sean Salisbury Show for another season, and U of H starts their tournament play today against SIU Edwardsville. Coverage is gonna start at twelve forty five over on KPRC nine fifty. We were talking about the Cam Robinson signing yesterday by the Texans, and I mean something that you had mentioned last segment, Shawn of talking about what he means to this group now, and you feel like that this is a much better group than it was a year ago.
Speaker 2: Just take a disaster, not much. I'm not afraid to line up with this group today. It's gonna get better. I just think it's more consistent, and I think it's more versatile.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, you've got you know what you have in Titus Howard, you know what you think, you know what you have in Blake Fisher. I mean it feels like to me as we sit at this moment, I mean, let's just go left to right. I think we can agree that Cam Robinson, you bring him here, he's going to be your left tackle, left guard. Maybe you keep Titus Howard there because I mean it also starts to show how much do you believe in Blake Fisher, The question for me becomes, who's your starting center, who's your right guard? And I haven't even mentioned Lake and Tomlinson, and I also hadn't even mentioned at Ingram a couple of other guys that you brought in this offseason, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle the center spot. Do they believe in Jarrett Patterson or I mean David Andrews is still out there, Boss is his nickname, and played for so long up there in New England. A little bit of an undersized guy, but somebody that absolutely gained the trust and had control of that offensive line and won a Super Bowl or two with the New England Patriots. There is familiarity with Coole Popovich and with Nick Kayley from their time up there, and Nick Asario obviously knows him. So I mean, would that necessarily be a move that would surprise you if the Texans went that route? And I mean, it's nothing against Jarrett Patterson, it's nothing against Ju Scruggs, but it's saying we need to be able to get this thing going early and often and not have to wait on those guys to be able to get us to that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just if.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt what he may lack now after being with a decade or so in the league in David Andrews, but you're gonna get smart, solid play, and the familiarity does matter when somebody's when you're trying to bring somebody in. And I think he still wants to play. If I believe I saw that he's ready to still play, the question is where and.
Speaker 3: What value does he bring to you?
Speaker 2: And do you believe that your center's position's going to grow if the guys around him get better, are going to grow. That guy is so important and directing traffic, and you know, depending on what they're gonna let c J. Stroud Do I like my quarterback calling the front? So I just do. I want my quarterback to understand everything. I don't wanted to hear it from somebody else. I want now. If all of a sudden, the center says no, no, no, let's go Mike right, Mike Wright said to Mike left, because he feels like that. But my quarterback can see secondary blitzes. It's hard in the three point stance or sitting down a two point stance looking around for those centers to do it.
Speaker 3: But you do need one. Listen, pay Manning.
Speaker 2: Probably the most cerebral quarterback we've ever had, who understood everything, probably more than the guys he was were coaching him and defending him. But he's still at times they leaned on each other Saturday. It's good to have two as long as you don't there's not a battle of chefs in the kitchen, right But Stroud now going into year three, this is the time when he needs to take that next step of let me get I can direct it because listen, I don't if I'm in a stance, I don't know how what he's comfortable doing in hot reads and side adjustments. You want to make it as simple as you can if you're the coordinator, but you also do not want to play up hill. You want to go into a game if I got a strong safety blitz and I'm running a toss sweep into I got nobody to block him. That's hard for the senator to look and say is a strong safety on a line of scrimmage as he's seven yards off, it's easy for my quarterback. So that's another level to this. So yeah, anytime I can add depth with the player like you mentioned and Andrews. Of course I would, but you just went through a bunch of names. Now, somebody needs to convince me if they disagree with it, that today why last year's offensive line is better than the people just today? Why it's better or deeper than it was last year. Now, and you mentioned Titus Hoar and Fisher, you have to figure out if Cam rob it tells you they're not even overly comfortable with Titus Hoard being the full time left tackle, or they wouldn't have brought another guy. They bring Cam Robinson here to go to sit and watch, they expect him to play. So with that, if you're Titus Hoard, now you got to decide, all right, who gives me the best chance at right tackle. Is it a guy who's a little more veteranan Titus Hoard or is it a young player? Or who is my swing guy that is better inside and who's more comfortable in a left handed stance playing left guard? And if that's the case, then move them right now is the time you figure that out. But you know your center. You gotta find it. So in truth, there's three guys right now that three positions. You're saying, well, good, but who's It's not a matter if they can play the position. Its a matter who's better at one. You gotta get rid of the weakness. You got to bring the weakness closer to the strength. So if a guy loves playing right tackle and can't stand playing left guard although he can play it, and the other guy likes playing right tackle, but say I'm good at left guard, feels comfortable in a different type of stance because it is a different stance, one different leg back, the whole thing, then you stick him in there.
Speaker 3: So that's what they got to figure out.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily think it's can they play, it's where's our best chance to win with the five guys. But you just mentioned you got three or four guys. You say versaally, can he play left guard? Does he play right tackle? And now you've got Titus Howard who can play left tackle and maybe it's his most natural position. But you also bringing a guy in who is a left tackle.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 2: All that you just said gives me a little more bandwidth on my offensive line. I think they're better, I think today, I think they're deeper than they were last year.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you brought up the competition, because the competition in my mind is Robinson and Titus Howard because one of those guys will not be here next season. And the moves yesterday showed you that with not only the move on the offensive line, but also Daniel Hunter, that's trying to free up as much money as possible, because yeah, the credit card bill's going to come due for number seven, it's gonna come do for number fifty one. You've got to be able to have the Caps base to sign both of those guys and try to keep this offensive.
Speaker 2: We talking about five or twenty twenty six, twenty six, Okay, so you're talking about this year.
Speaker 3: We'll go find out who steps up and the other guys there.
Speaker 1: You're taking care of me this year, Yes, no, you do. And it's also I mean you're trying to actually find names there and we do feel a little bit better, especially and you're saying to yourself, come on, Dan, one guy makes you feel that way, No, absolutely, one guy does.
Speaker 3: You brought it up.
Speaker 1: Versatile can play every single game that you need him out there. He did it in Jacksonville, he did it in Minnesota for the short time that he was with the Vikings. That's somebody that you can count on, and Titus Howard has had his injury issues, what offensive lineman doesn't. But it's also too we could be looking at the very same thing this time next year that we just looked at with Laramy Tunsel, where they say, hey, we got to free up some money and they start looking around and saying, can we sign this guy cheaper?
Speaker 3: Or do we roll with this guy? Guy walk around? Here's another thing.
Speaker 2: What happens if they trade up and go get themselves another offensive lineman in the first round and the teens with these assets, then the offensive line somebody here already, one of those guys you mentioned will not be here, whether it's an interior guy, a center, a tackle, one of them won't be here because you dra have somebody if you trade up to get an offensive lineman, because you're gonna if you want to tackle, which I don't know if they do now, or if you want to go, you're gonna have trade up to get the better ones in this draft. Now, if you're trading up to get a wide receiver, somebody else are a tight end, okay, But if you do that while you're gonna need them all, then does a guy like Todd At Titus Howard or somebody else become expendable where you say, maybe we can steal another asset. That's what is so you keep an eye on the movement. I can't fathom that they're staying where they are with these assets in this draft and you're only trading up for what if you could get a stud tight end I guess a receiver, But the truth is you're trading up to get a staple. I'll see you in ten years, offensive lineman. That's why you're doing it.
Speaker 1: No, And that's the thing, and especially too, when you do that in the first round. That's a guy that's got to make an immediate impact. So if the Texans do that, it will tell you exactly what their plans are in the immediate and in the future. We can continue this conversation on the other side again seven one, three, two point two five, seven ninety. Phone lines are open if you want to jump aboard. Soon enough, we'll get into some astros because I mean the topic of jose Al Tuve camp Smith that continues to rage on. So we will jump into all of that much more as we continue from now until ten o'clock right here on The Sean Salisbury Show, Sean Triple E, Dan with You Here, Sports Talk seven ninety