Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Come one days today, last day a sizzler. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, rode. Okay, yeah, you heard correct. The final Summer Summer Sizzler game of the season.
Speaker 3: What truly summer has come to an end?
Speaker 2: League City Charles clear Lake Christian the two best players this summer square off, and they are the two best players this summer squaring off to win five thousand dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 3: We played the game at a shortly after that.
Speaker 2: If I remember, I'll give away those rod ryans at twentieth ten versary party tickets. I know, I get caught.
Speaker 3: I get excited about the sizzler.
Speaker 2: We've got that weird kind of we're kind of throwing an extra ticket giveaway afterwards, and sometimes I forget. I'll do my best fresh fish, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. We'll play at six twenty, as we do every morning for twenty years now. For twenty and a half years, we've been playing the fresh out of head head to head at six twenty. We had a Hall of Fame moment yesterday, so that means we need two brand new players. Whitney Cummings, Happy birthday. She's on the Looking at Girls blog page. She's going to be in town on Saturday. We've got tickets for you on the Fundick flashback, So homerooms getting those sold out Imagine Dragons tickets. They're on the music blog page today. We'll get you into that sold out show Friday night at seven twenty and uh boy, and a million other things today. Forty percent chance of some scam of thunderstorms later on this afternoon, cloudy, I have about ninety Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, good morning Rod and good morning home room. There are just sixty three days until ELEC. Yesterday, President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris had their first joint campaign event since Biden dropped.
Speaker 5: Out of the race for the White House.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, in a Labor Day message, former President Truck blasted Harris, claiming that all Americans are suffering due to her failed leadership. Here in Houston, a suspect is in custody for the murder of a Harris County Precinct for.
Speaker 5: Deputy on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Investigators say this deputy was on his way to work when the suspect shot him several times and he sat in his suv at a red light on Richmond and Fonder and so a motive for the shooting unknown.
Speaker 5: This is going to be a big story today.
Speaker 6: This is the guy that went down to Galveston and just started swimming in the water. He drove his car into the water near the Galveston Causeway. He was treading water for they say about an hour. They had to go out and get him an apprehend him. So, yeah, pretty crazy story here locally yesterday. All right, let's talk NFL because now that the season's almost back. Taste of Country put together the wildest foods you can order at NFL stadiums.
Speaker 5: I always like this list.
Speaker 4: It's not like I'm going to all of these stadium but you know, it's it's good to know what you can get.
Speaker 5: You can get a cotton candy burrito.
Speaker 4: If you go watch Arizona Cardinals play, you can get some canoli nachos. If you go to Philadelphia and watch the Eagles play alex you can get you can get a pizza burger at the Dallas Cowboys game.
Speaker 5: Is that really wild and crazy pizza burger?
Speaker 2: Well by the Buns are two pizzas on the outside of the bat. That's right, that sounds pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Two Peperoni pizzas, sixty tons angus Berger in the middle.
Speaker 5: So go check out all these tailgater.
Speaker 4: Burgers, all these weird hot dogs and stuff, all the wild stadium food on our blog page and you can go vote for funk all site nor Noise. You can also vote for NRG for best NFL Stadium Food. There's a little link there that you can go get. But okay, now let's hear you.
Speaker 2: Gotta give him that Hank dudes put on that man.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Haley Welch, who is the Hawk to a Girl, Her fifteen minutes of fame are not through. She's getting her own podcasts. The names it's a pretty good name. The show is called Talk to a Next Tuesday. Her first guest is someone you were just talking about, Whitney Cummings, who was very funny. She was just on Whitney's podcast recently where she dropped that, you know, more sound advice.
Speaker 5: For women, what's good for the holes not always good for the soul.
Speaker 4: Jake Paul's media company is producing her podcast, and he's also slated to appear as a guest soon. So she seems like she's just getting started. That's what she says in her teaser, which you can listen to. We have this on links and guests as well. There is a little bit of cussing and the teaser. Okay, no one can argue that Imagine Dragons doesn't know how to get attention for their music. They're going to wrap up their North American leg of their tour at the Hollywood Bowl and during the show they're going to team up with this video game company to debut their new track. But they're also going to be the first song broadcast from the Moon. That's right, They're getting the Moon involved. The song's going to be transmitted back to Earth from the surface of the Moon as a part of a mission to the South Lunar Pool early next year.
Speaker 5: So yeah, go. That's headlining the music log.
Speaker 4: Pajor World giving away Imagine Dragon tickets at seven twenty.
Speaker 5: So those are Houston sept Lanes.
Speaker 2: Okay, ooh what you got?
Speaker 7: The Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna resume their series with the Red Sad Night off. Last night, they did not lose Spencer Raghtty's gonna be on the mound for the Stros. He's coming off being named AL Rookie of the Month. Will be going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez. First pitches at five forty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. Also, I would like to wish everyone a happy NFL Eve. We are just one more sleep away from NFL season kicking off. The Chiefs and Ravens kicked the season off tomorrow night in Kansas City. We almost made a gang. Just hang tight, like twenty four hours away. We'll be celebrated in NFL football. That's just going on in sports. Did you see the promo for the NFL I did with you mean, for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: It's like a tenor tromo.
Speaker 2: She's in it more than anybody, more than any singular player or anything. I mean, I get it. It's good for the NFL. She's the biggest star in the world. It is crazy how many times she appears four times, at least in the thirty second forty five second promo.
Speaker 5: Her hYP video it really is.
Speaker 2: Kansas City says that they're drawing up some plays that you know, maybe she put together. Yeah, run them all the time, Okay, t swift to the right, then break left road to Travis. All right, here we go, guys, four hours of Pain. If you want to see that NFL promo, it is on the Looking at Girls blog page because it features her more than any other player, so it qualifies for Looking at Girls for sure.
Speaker 3: Who's that Dolly Dolly Parton?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh really remember when she was in her out? That's right? All right, here we go. You want the first phone call? Come get it? Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five seven one three two and two five ninety four five. How do you want to get a started this morning? Let's go, man, it's gonna be an awesome day. I'm so excited. Four hours of pain. Get to read through benety four to five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, and we are off and running the four Hours of Pain. This one known as wild Card Wednesday. That is your addition today, forty chance of some I've seen as high as fifty percent. And some hours later on this afternoon, cloudy, some scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Okay, it's gonna keep it a little cooler out there. Highs up around ninety, not like the fifty degrees. Jessica Wilkerson sent me some There must be some dashcam photographs from her truck. She's like, hey, good morning, Rod and fam from Virginia.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful fifty It's really nice.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, because it's those pink skies in the morning. It's fifty degrees there too. And she's listening at iHeart every morning in the truck on the road. Here's some pics of our sunrise this morning. So thank you, Jessica. I appreciate always love the I really really love the long distance love when you guys are keeping up with us on iHeartRadio. It's free, by the way, just like this show. Yeah, like we can charge, Like we can charge for the show. Why do you think we give away so much? Crapes want charging?
Speaker 3: Yes, charging, got a little side hustle going on. Yes, we don't let it.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for fresh fish this morning. We had a Hall of Fame moment yesterday. So two brand new players have wait, have you been on the on the shore or on the beach for thirty days and ready to jump back in? Or have you never played before? Okay, you know how much we get how excited we get when we get some fresh fish on here. Mentioned Whitney Cummings already a couple of times. It's her birthday today, She's gonna be in town on Saturday. You're gonna get Whitney Cummings tickets on the fun fact Flashback sold out. Imagine Dragons tickets. The first band ever to be broadcast from the moon is Imagine Dragons sick like Pink Floyd didn't make that happen at some point, Imagine Dragons are getting that they're going to be in town.
Speaker 3: It's sold out, it's Friday night. We'll get you in at seven twenty.
Speaker 2: And then what else needs to be said about the final suburb Summer Sissler Game of the year and adjacent cities League City and clear Lake are taking on one another. I mean, we had all kinds of suburbs from all over the place, and look what we've got. Man, We've got Charles in League City and Christian in clear Lake. One of them leaves the show today five thousand dollars richer from shelf.
Speaker 3: Will Credit Union. Very exciting, I mean, very very exciting.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then afterwards, I know I'm gonna forget because we'll be freaking out.
Speaker 3: I know it's gonna be a great game.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to somewhere in the eight o'clock I'm gonna get you those Road Ryan Show twentieth anniversary tickets. Okay, I'm gonna hook you up with those. Every phone line is ringing. Do do do, Do, do do.
Speaker 8: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Little Susie, Good morning, Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 9: Sorry if my GPS, so tell me where.
Speaker 2: To go, that's all.
Speaker 3: Good Susane, good morning to you.
Speaker 9: Hi, good morning, hey guys. I good morning Houston. Everybody. I'm on my way. I was telling Chilly I'm on my way. I'm sorry for my GPS. I can't share it off.
Speaker 2: It's okay, you sound great.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm heading to meet and greet this morning. The life of being a dater at my age.
Speaker 3: Every date you're going on a date, meet and greet.
Speaker 9: A singles meets and greet.
Speaker 2: Singles group is.
Speaker 9: Having a coffee meets.
Speaker 2: And Greek today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right now at six o'clock, you're late.
Speaker 2: So wait, all right, So you're you're in a singles group and today's the is a meet up day. It's weird the two that during the week in the morning, don't most people work now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's why we're gonna meet now. And then everybody head up.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so it's an early morning thing. So can you name what is the singles group? Is it like, you know, it's only lunch or something like that.
Speaker 9: No, it's just a Facebook one. It's Woodlands thirty to sixty five singles.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have any idea how many people are showing?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He only had like four.
Speaker 9: Four four people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a wild time to be meeting up with other singles.
Speaker 2: I like it cool though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's the host is pretty dang cool. He's got that mustache like smiley whiplash.
Speaker 2: Uh huh uh huh.
Speaker 9: He's got the chisty ones you know, and stuff. But it's just fun. It's a good This is a good group. I like them. They're they're really friendly.
Speaker 10: I go to a lot of concerts and stuff, and these guys are nice little partners for me to go to see my shows and stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you guys ever meet up for I don't know, happy hours or you know, anything in the evenings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 10: We did a big one at Kirby And at the Kirby, I tell us outside of the pavilion, okay.
Speaker 3: And how many people showed up for that one?
Speaker 9: About two hundred okay.
Speaker 2: And did you meet anybody?
Speaker 8: Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you had any success meeting people in this group?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well I've gone on a date or so. Yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 10: I haven't met anybody, met anybody. But it depends on what you're looking for for right now, I'm just looking for a buddy to go hang out with and stuff like that and see.
Speaker 9: What goes from there.
Speaker 3: That was gonna be my next question.
Speaker 2: So if you meet somebody in this group and then it doesn't work out, does one of you have to leave the group so you're not like running into each other at these coffee things. That's a good question.
Speaker 10: No, I'm I'm I'm one of them ones that is friends with everybody, so I'll be still friendly with people.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I need you to do. We want to send us a photograph when you're at your meet and greet thing. If they're if they're cool with it, send us a U. Can you send us a great picture?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Email me Susie Rod at the buzz dot com. We want to see you guys.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 9: That's fun.
Speaker 3: Everybody good. Look you don't have fun.
Speaker 2: She might find the love of her.
Speaker 3: Life over that cup of coffee this morning.
Speaker 4: She's friendly, I would. I mean, that's what you want to run into at six o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Pretty great personality. You can tell all out of the gate like a firecracker boom. I mean, she was fun, She articulate, scoop Susie up coffee meeting.
Speaker 4: Serious, she just wants to go to her shows.
Speaker 2: Take a short break on the flip gott a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out.
Speaker 8: Of Bad of Us Rock and Altar Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five in the Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan Show six twenty three. We got cloudy skies. We got a good chance up to a fifty percent chance of some scattered understorms throughout the day.
Speaker 3: High today of around ninety Tessa, what's trending?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Did you see this viral TikTok trend involving Chase Bank? No, We're okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, is it something with her, Well, it's a scam and it's illegal. I saw that.
Speaker 4: It's basically you're writing So people on TikTok were like, no, there's a glitch in Chase's bank system and you can get cash from deposited checks, Like basically people are writing out checks to themselves getting the cash. And then Chase like, that's not a glitch, that's fraud. Yeah, you're going to see a negative balance if you try to do that at our ATMs.
Speaker 5: So this one's gone viral and not in a good way.
Speaker 4: Also, it was the final rose being handed out season twenty one of The Bachelorette last night. I am gonna give you a little bit of a spoiler, guys, So if you're if you haven't watched it yet in your Bachelor, give me five seconds hit me with it. No, no sparks fly.
Speaker 5: They embarrass her on live TV.
Speaker 4: They make her rewatch a proposal that ended in a breakup in front of her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 5: It was it was cringing, it was humiliated. It was hard to watch.
Speaker 3: They liked to are the players do you know their names?
Speaker 4: I know that's where it's name is Jen. And there was this dude demonstrator of Texas. Yeah, she she chose Yeah, I believe so. I believe so.
Speaker 5: So I think she proposed to him or something like that.
Speaker 4: And then he broke off their engagement during a phone call, and then he had to join her live on stage, and the audience was like booing her.
Speaker 5: It was very black.
Speaker 4: Mirror, like are we really doing this? Are we really doing this?
Speaker 5: And of course you know they're gonna renew with the Bachelor. Also, you want to.
Speaker 4: Get your you want to get your spirits up, go to the wild Card Wednesday. It's the number one blog page right now on links And yes, this is trending ninety four five bucks.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody, this is chilly. The five day run is complete. I am here fresh out of bed, head ahead, and then Hall of Fame member number nine is twenty twenty four. My last game was a little shaky, but it woke me up and I'll be ready to go for the tournament Tournament of Champions at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Bitches, Okay, that guy's done, I mean until the end of the year, So.
Speaker 2: Now's the time to make a move. Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five again thirty days you've been waiting.
Speaker 3: Come on through if you've never played before, Let's.
Speaker 2: Go fresh fish Baby. We might be five games away from joining him in the Hall of Fame. Seven one three two, win two five ninety four.
Speaker 13: Five twenty years of mayhem in the morning, Let the run Ryan Show, only ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five the bus five the bus They you Oliver Tree, He never lets me down, never ever. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Helped you off to a great start to your day. Hey, a lot of great comments. People like Susie this morning.
Speaker 4: She's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Out of nowhere. Everyone said, hey, let us know when Susie you know when the when the good news comes, or when she gives you an update on what happened. She was going meeting up with a dating group, a Facebook dating group. They were going out for coffee today. Didn't sound like it was going to be a huge group. But they're like, hey, Susie sounded really really cool this morning. I think we might be able to get Susie a date.
Speaker 5: Oh week against Susie a date.
Speaker 2: A few suitors appeared in my inbox, not suiting me right, interested in Susie. All right, So I hope everything goes well with Susie. And and her her group. She said she was going to send us a picture. All right, getting ready for the fresh out of bad heads you had again? You heard Cody, he went.
Speaker 3: Into the Hall of Fame. He had a hell of a run man for five days. Let's see who Chili lined up for us.
Speaker 14: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners. Thomas, Well, hey, Thomas, how are you?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 15: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Wow, I've been trying to get it. I've been trying to get this call forever. What is forever for you? I mean, you know, a couple of months I'm trying to get through. Is that forever? Few years? A few years? Okay?
Speaker 3: Chili says, you've never played before, So you're fresh fish?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we need something for you this morning. So hi, Thomas, you're not a fish, You're a man.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a fish. You are a fish. Hey, you're taking on cool Ethan, Ethan, good morning, were Rod? Are you a fresh fish as well?
Speaker 4: Ethan?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, but I'm y'all for twenty years now, twenty years. Thank you for that. Middle school sang. You know that warms my heart? Okay, it warms my heart. I love it. Thank you so much for all those yearslay we got. What was the last time we have a fish v Fish? It's been a while. Yeah, great to have you fellas on. I don't know whatever I said this morning, but I'll say it more. Get some more people here playing the game.
Speaker 3: Thomas and Ethan.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I've got just easy, silly, simple questions. The key is shouting out your name when you think you know the answer, wait for me to call on you give me the correct answer. Do that twice.
Speaker 3: You could win this a rod Ryan's T shirt.
Speaker 2: Wow. Life changing, absolutely life changing. It's like, oh yeah, yeah, it's like you know when Ironman got When Ironman got in that suit, you put on.
Speaker 3: That rod Ryan Show T shirt, your life changes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh all right, So Thomas, you're gonna yell out your name right right. Ethan, you're gonna yell out Ethan when you think you know the answer. Okay, yes, okay, guys, Well they really sound very awake. I'd like the sound of these fresh fish here. Question number one what cereal ad featured the quote, hey, Mikey, he likes it. Thomas Thomas, uh checks show me checks, No, that was Thomas Ethan.
Speaker 3: What cereal ad featured the quote, Hey, Mikey, he likes it?
Speaker 2: What is life? What is life? Life? Cereal is a correct answer. That don't really that'sn't really old commercially.
Speaker 4: So I've been getting some of my questions from this pop trivia from the sixties. Yeah they yeah, they're all like broken down. It's like sixties, seventies, fifties.
Speaker 3: Even so, it's truly not on me your question, it is on you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just letting you the source the dumb questions. It's not dumb.
Speaker 2: He just got it. Alex Ethan is on the board. Thomas checks did not check out Ethan and Thomas. Next question, what Houston suburb can you find the historic pleasure Peer and a beach? Ethan for the win, Oh, Galveston.
Speaker 3: Stop talking. You're correct.
Speaker 4: That was not from the top trivia.
Speaker 5: That was just from being around existing.
Speaker 1: Thomas.
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 3: Ah here Pleasure Peer beach Galveston?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no string branch.
Speaker 3: You know we got a beach close by. We got to beach here.
Speaker 2: It been a while yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 4: No, remember, well.
Speaker 2: Ethan said it, and he goes, nope, yeah, stop, you are correct, all right, Thomas, good to have you on, bro, Thank you, all right, thank you. You have a good day, all right, YouTube man, giving all those other fresh Fish hope to get through. Hey, Ethan, pleasure peer beach. Galveston.
Speaker 9: You got it.
Speaker 2: You nailed it, dude. Well you've got suburbs. So I was like Galuson the city. So Galveston is a suburb of Houston because we use them in the suburb summer Sisler, gotcha.
Speaker 3: So you're right, it's it's own city. You got it right, dude, You're in.
Speaker 2: You got it right.
Speaker 3: Just listen, breathe in and out, and we're going to do a victory speech.
Speaker 2: We're going to give you a Rod Ryan Show T shirt. And the most important thing here, Ethan, is I'm inviting you to the Rod Ryan Show. I'm inviting you to homeroom tomorrow to play the game again. I'll be there, okay, dude, and you can play four more games if you like. Just keep racking up the prizes. Okay, dude, your third Okay, fresh Fish. You heard how they did it. The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four Man Now ninety four to five the buzz, that's three eleven. You knew that it's down. Rob Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday. Hope you're on to a great start to your day. We got as much as could go up to about a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, So just be a little pesky throughout the day today, cloudy, keep it a little cooler out there. Highs up around ninety. I gotta admit, as much as we love our old favorites and all these Hall of famers and legendary players, a little fresh fish versus fresh fish was nice today.
Speaker 14: The fresh out of bed Head to Head chant enge. Here's your current champion's gonna cultivate these new players.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 15: This is fresh fish, oh former fresh fish ethany all right, finally getting on this game after years. I am your friend out of bed head to Head first day champion. Join me on Thursday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 3: Great first speech, not bad, not too bad, not bad. I am also playing this game for a number of years.
Speaker 2: I'm learning that people after they win, they start really stressing out about having to do a speech. You know, yeah, it doesn't come easy for some people. I'm feeding you lines and everything, and you're still getting nervous. There's nothing to be afraid of. Okay, I'll hold your hand the whole time. Come on in and play. Come on in.
Speaker 3: The water's beautiful. You heard those two fresh fish this morning.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that. All right.
Speaker 3: We'll see if this guy can stick around for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Whitney Cummings birthday girl on the Looking at Girls blog page should be in town on Saturday. Coming up. We got a chance to win some tickets.
Speaker 16: But first, shit's got fuck back to the day we make you look smart in front of your body hits the fuck.
Speaker 2: According to a brand new pole, one sort of Americans have worked at a fast food place at some point in their lives. And then when you start breaking it down, one out of every eight workers in the United States has worked at McDonald specifically.
Speaker 3: At some point in their lives. I am not at one of those eight.
Speaker 4: My mom is yeah, yeah, My mom was, yeah, like I should give French fries to the football players for free and stuff.
Speaker 2: Did you work fast food?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 3: I didn't either. What I did at the restaurant was you know, it was a.
Speaker 2: Home you know, old people country cafe. You know the food was served fast, but it wasn't wouldn't be called fast food Alex fast food or co pizza places. But if that's considered.
Speaker 4: Fast, I don't like that's you were like a delivery driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most out of every eight work in the US. He worked at McDonald's. Where did you work Your mom worked at a at a at a place.
Speaker 1: I worked at a heartst Chicken and uh also on Mickey these.
Speaker 2: Gonna make it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that about chili. Yeah, okay, but checks out.
Speaker 17: Yeah, when some of the football players will come in, you know, mysteriously a extra McMuffin with pop up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, hey where did all those big max go.
Speaker 2: Just have We'll just disappear, all right. Next up, SpongeBob square Pants was supposed to be named SpongeBoy. Yeah, it was gonna be called SpongeBoy A hoy. Turned out a mop company already owned the trademark on a character called SpongeBoy, so they changed it to SpongeBob. SpongeBoy a hoy is kind of catchy too. Benjamin Harrison, he was our twenty third president. I know you're wondering, who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: He was a president of the United States of America the twenty third. Actually, he was apparently addicted to cucumbers when he was in college. His family wrote him a letter that is somewhere, you know, stored somewhere or you can see it. His family wrote him a letter begging him lay off the cucumbers. That's neat.
Speaker 3: There is some cucumber craze going on TikTok right now too.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, people are eating like a cucumber a day.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The street name the Ben Harrison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's the.
Speaker 16: Fuck back to the day we make you look smart and funny, your buddy's it's the fuck.
Speaker 8: Back to the day.
Speaker 5: Happy that you know that cucumber praise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is some cucumbers thing going on right now? What are you giving away?
Speaker 5: We've got the what are you coming sickens for this Saturday?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's your fun fact that this rapper.
Speaker 3: Wrapped the line.
Speaker 2: I'm twenty three now, But will I leave to see Will I live to see twenty four? The way thing's going, I don't know. At the time, he was in his early thirties, So he did make it to twenty four, but in the song he didn't know. So nobody's saying that he was thinking about himself. Who is this rapper? What is the song? Either one?
Speaker 3: Either one?
Speaker 2: I'll hook you up seven one three two win two five nine four five. Now time for rockout with yours, dock out with Captain Cash. Okay, big bald, he's on the phone. Hey, how brother ryd, Good morning there he is.
Speaker 3: Good morning to you, sir. Have you do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 18: Not a good day on walls?
Speaker 7: Now? Yeah?
Speaker 18: Now down six hundred and twenty six points kickoff this morning at forty thousand, nine thirty six nasdak down five hundred and seventy seven seventeen thousand and one thirty six bench mark ten year Treasury that said, the three point eight one percent oil sands a seventy one dollars eighteen cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs Verizon, Procter and Gamble and help the big duds. Intel Boeing in Goldman Sachs on the economic calendar, this morning is pretty crowded. We'll get factory orders for July. Also also Auto sales for August. Right now, futures are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it man here, this is Howlan managed to director with the ram James port for the Rod Line Show from Ramony James. Once solidis did and don't kick the boys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Vimian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever NYC, as, IBC, I, ARNT Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisson. We'll continue.
Speaker 2: This is not a.
Speaker 4: Solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to you ran.
Speaker 8: This program is our educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on the movement as reported by Yah and I am ninety.
Speaker 2: Four or five the Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Uh to the phones, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning? How are you doing?
Speaker 19: Great?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 11: Oh man?
Speaker 2: This is Kevin Man.
Speaker 11: How are you doing?
Speaker 19: Brother Ron?
Speaker 2: So awesome? Kevin, good to have you on today. Welcome in on Home Room. So we're doing the fun fact flashback. We're talking about a rapper who was singing about twenty and thinking about you know when he was twenty three, didn't know if he was going to live to be twenty four. There is in his early thirties when he recorded the song. Maybe he wrote it years earlier. I don't know who were talking about here, my boy coolio. Oh I didn't know he was your boy. That's great. Oh yeah, then we go wait back and me back in the day. Come on now, I'm sorry about his passing. He made it to fifty nine.
Speaker 3: He passed away in twenty twenty two. You are a winner this morning, Kevin.
Speaker 2: What are you giving him? Also?
Speaker 4: Awcome, I'm going to give you the Whitney Cummings ticket. She's playing seven one three Music Hall September seventh, through regulations.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, Appreciate you, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Kevin. Have a great day. Yes there YouTube, Thank you, good job. Cavin James heard the shout out to Jessica with the Virginia Sunrise. She was listening on the I Hired app. He's in Alabama.
Speaker 4: He's like, what's up?
Speaker 2: Brother Ron been here since early July. But my mornings and heart belonged to he originally from Oh they're in Huntsville, Alabama now, but yeah, James's homeroom for life listening to that iHeart app. It's free. We don't charge for that app. Here in Newton. We go all the way up to about a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Cloudy pies them around ninety Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I guess we're.
Speaker 4: On election day count right now, and that's what the big national stories are. There are sixty three days until election. You have people have eyes on on President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. They did their first joint campaign event since Biden dropped out of the race for the White House. And then if you didn't see his Labor Day message over the weekend, former President Trump blasted Harris, claiming that all Americans are suffering due to her failed leadership. So, you know, a lot of back and forth going on there, and many days sixty three, I.
Speaker 3: Got a little I got a big countdown clock, don't you Well. It's a big White House, and I get to open up a little window every day.
Speaker 2: You get a little piece of chocolate.
Speaker 3: It's really nice, counting down.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: It's really nice.
Speaker 2: So excited.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there was some crazy stuff happening here in Houston. There is a suspect in custody for the very serious murder of a Harris County pre sainct Ford deputy.
Speaker 5: This happened yesterday.
Speaker 4: This deputy was on his way to work when the suspect shot him several times. He was just sitting in his suv at a red light on Richmond and Fondred. So the shooting was reported shortly before one BM. The deputy was pronounced dead at the hospital. The suspect meanwhile drove his car down down into the water near the Galveston Causeway. So he drove this van into the water. There were so many there was like a swat team on the pier there. He's been identifying. The motive for this shooting is unknown. They had to rescue this dude who had just shot one of their friends. And yeah, that was a big the big local story here. The whole thing escalating down to where they have to get this guy to the water was pretty crazy. So that's what's going on.
Speaker 5: That's the serious stuff here.
Speaker 2: It was a national news story. Yesterday. David Muir on ABC was covering that story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a sight to behold.
Speaker 4: You know, just telling you what happened doesn't give it justice him, you know, kind of treading water for an hour.
Speaker 5: All the swat team on the pier. This guy really really crazy.
Speaker 3: Sure, all the.
Speaker 2: National news outlets recovering that.
Speaker 4: Did you ever watch that reality show One thousand Pounds Sisters?
Speaker 5: These girls would go viral a lot.
Speaker 2: Because they said, yes, would would your hair fly off your head?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I want to know before of course I never.
Speaker 2: Watched that show, never saw no.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, there was this sister on there.
Speaker 4: I think one of them. I think one of them passed away, like one of them died a while back. But they were very famous because they had these zingers towards each other and they would go back and forth with each other.
Speaker 2: There are a thousand pounds apiece.
Speaker 4: No, I think collectively, Okay, I think collectively. But Amy Slayton from that reality show had a really event full labor day.
Speaker 5: So she went to this safari park.
Speaker 4: She's got two kids and a man, and at some point she says she was bitten by a camel you know those safaris that you've been on one of these where they give you buckets of food and then you go.
Speaker 5: And you feed the animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ostriches were the scariest thing ever. They have like dead red eyes. They look right in your soul.
Speaker 5: So Amy says she was bit by a camel.
Speaker 4: They treat her, the park employees or trying to treat her for medical and then they noticed a suspicious smell. They found pot, They found mushrooms just sitting in plain sight in the car. So then her miss Amy, and her boyfriend were arrested on drug possession and child and day crit charges. This is on the crazy Criminal blog page because she has somewhat of a celebrity and you get a camel bite sometimes that makes let's make the headlines. So anyway, crazy Crazy Celebrity Criminal blog page. Maybe I think we do have a link to this today. Did you count how many times Taylor Swift showed up on the NFL's hype video for the new season.
Speaker 5: I haven't yet, but.
Speaker 3: It's more than any other football player.
Speaker 4: It's at least five. And you know what, they snubbed our boy. They stummed her boy.
Speaker 7: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud who was the offensive rookie of the Year. And you know, I love Taylor more than anything, but you know what.
Speaker 5: To not give c J.
Speaker 4: Stroud one frame of love in this hype video Taylor, she gets you know, six or seven or eight, however minute she's in there.
Speaker 5: It does bother me a little.
Speaker 3: Five times she's in there, at least it's.
Speaker 5: At least five times.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: There's yeah, she's like cheering, she's she's walking in, she's cheering with Travis Kelsey's mom. She's on the field with Travis. And then yeah, there's like another one of her cheering sitting down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, Roger Goodell like personally I ended this.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It came across his desk and she was in there three times. He's like, more they put her in four. He watches it more. Taylor.
Speaker 3: We have so many chicks watching right now. Ratings are through the roof. Put her in there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Roder, you think it's a good idea, Like rod my complaint in Houston, who cares what he thinks?
Speaker 3: Put her in the put her in the promo the sizzle.
Speaker 4: Video wild, very wild. Okay, let's talk about the rock and Roll Hall of Fame because I know you love talking about the said, it's getting close to the time where well it is your time where you can voice your choice poll. So it doesn't count like the annual online Rock and Roll Hall of Fame online voting does, but it is rumored like they keep an eye on this because they want to know who the public is behind. You know, they want to try to get favored with the public. And in the current top twenty, I mean Iron made a number one, but Blank one eighty two, number two in the fan vote in the Voice your Choice, followed by Styx, Weird, Al Yankovic, and Motley Krue. So you can go check this out. You can even go vote.
Speaker 5: Well, you've got that link on the music blog page.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston, said Lens.
Speaker 2: It's a crime that Iron Maiden's not in Stick said be okay with It is a crime that Motley Crue is not in.
Speaker 3: Weezer in at number six.
Speaker 4: Soundgarden at eighteen, right know, I just I don't Lincoln Park at ten.
Speaker 2: I don't have to ask the people in the room right now, I think blink onin eighty two. You know us up, I know the answer with of course, you guys want blink in there. Sports Astros, you're back in action tonight.
Speaker 7: They're gonna resume their series with the Red Spencer. Arraghetty's gonna be in the Mampthist shows after winning Al's Rookie of the Month for last month. He's gonna be going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez. First pitches at five forty. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety It's.
Speaker 2: Also NFL Eve.
Speaker 5: We are just one more sleep.
Speaker 3: Away from the start of NFL football.
Speaker 7: Chiefs and Ravens are gonna kick things off tomorrow night in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: That is on Sports Keston's Rock and Alternatives, The rod.
Speaker 8: Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 2: Or five ninety four to five The Buzz corn Bro that's corn Man. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. Everybody.
Speaker 3: If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off, sneaky, I understand why you're on board.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 2: We're about an hour away, a little over an hour away from the final suburb Summer Sizzler game of the year. But this hour is big because imagine Dragons slated to be what the first band broadcast from the moon?
Speaker 3: Yes, a song is gonna be broadcast from the moon.
Speaker 2: The band's not going to be on the moon jamming, but somehow they're going to broadcast a song from the moon. I don't know how it works. They're smart people out there, so they're getting it done. But imagine Dragons are gonna be the first. That's something. The music blog page is packed today. Okay, there is a lot of stuff on there. There's a lot of drama on there. Apparently Corey Taylor's wife is calling out some little rock trollop that is going around trying to break up rock and roll marriages calling her out. I mean, this sounds like a reality show rock rock Trollop. I've already named it, and I'm what platform, But so drama, I mean drama on there. What's the long hair guy Kettle see the tight end of the forty nine ers. I mean not that he has to say more than anybody, but they kind of put him on the spot asking about the super Bowl and who should play it right off of his tongue jelly roll. I mean, is he there yet?
Speaker 19: Why not?
Speaker 3: He's not a stadium guy.
Speaker 2: Yet he's selling out the Toyota Centers, he's selling out arenas, and his rise to fame has been outrageous, I mean meteoric. But is it super Bowl halftime now? I don't doubt for a second they'll go country. They haven't gone country since Shania Twain, so I imagine maybe they'll do some kind of a Lady Wilson jelly Roll, you.
Speaker 4: Know, jelly Roll featuring everybody. Because jelly Roll's on every song, bring out, bring at him, bring out eminem He's working with everyone.
Speaker 3: I'll get my boy friend falling in reverse out there.
Speaker 15: There you go.
Speaker 2: This weekend he did a song with jelly Roll. He said, everybody has done a song with jelly Roll. Uh, it's a little soon on that front.
Speaker 4: We'll let the season marinate and then see how you feel.
Speaker 3: Come because you want Funny XL on stage somehow.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see Bunny XO at Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I would like to see what she's doing stage. No, I want to see you wanted to do a podcast at halftime.
Speaker 4: I want her to do a podcast afterwards.
Speaker 5: Tell me what was going on?
Speaker 3: Did you see her spilling the tea at halftime.
Speaker 4: I will see her podcast, but she's like, you know, jay oh, Chase face timing me and normally, like in a normal podcast, you'd say I'll take that later, not Bunny.
Speaker 2: That's the meal ticket.
Speaker 4: That's don't not only meal ticket, you know. I feel about that. She had money before. She's very smart.
Speaker 2: They're having an anniversary. She's on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 18: So uh.
Speaker 2: I was talking about the music blog page and how busy it is. There's a lot of stuff on there for Van Halen fans. Alex van Halen has a book coming out. Him and his bro were apparently working on a song together before Eddie had passed away, And somehow digital downloads are going out if you buy Alex's book. I don't know how much I like that. You know, just sell your book on selling your book, don't like you know some hacks song? I mean, is anybody doing both both?
Speaker 1: Is what it does?
Speaker 3: You make it sound like you need you need a gimmick to sell your book.
Speaker 5: That's right, and I think it does for a book to sell your song.
Speaker 2: He does need it. He does need a gimmick to sell his book though, And I love Alex van Helen he's one of the great rock drummers of all time. But you think he's gonna say anything bad about his brother, No way, those van Halen's, man, they are thick. Okay, they stick together. There's gonna be I just don't imagine some bombshell in there. I mean, they might bag on Sammy, and they might bag on David Lee Roth. You know he might not they it's Alex's book. You think you're gonna get anything about his brother? Nothing? No, No, you gotta hear the same old story. Well, you know, I had a guitar when I was a kid, and Eddie had a drum set. And then one day, you know, Eddie picked up my guitar and I realized he was better than me, so that I started playing his drums. Okay, dude, we've heard that story. Okay, we heard that story. But that's gonna be like the first three chapters. It's like, I just can't imagine you.
Speaker 5: Should write the book.
Speaker 2: You know, there's yeah, I bet he could, he should.
Speaker 4: I'd read it.
Speaker 3: I would just write about how mad I am that I.
Speaker 2: Don't have any inside information, all right, So the music blog page, looking at girls blog page, the food blog page, all of that stuff. Guys, I just put up an emergency poll question. Emergency poll question today. If you're following us at Rod Ryan's show, who wins the suburb summer Sissler today at A twenty? Will it be Charles in League City or Christian in clear Lake? Who do you think has the most votes? It just went up so like maybe ten people voted.
Speaker 3: You have a favorite? I mean, Bobby's out.
Speaker 2: Everybody knew.
Speaker 4: I think Christian's more top of mine. Christian's more top of mine. I just tweeted a picture of him out with his bulldog, Like, uh, probably Christian. But isn't the one, Like, isn't Charles like the lead singer of a band?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the blank Win eighty two cover band guy.
Speaker 4: It's probably close, but I would say that Christian.
Speaker 5: Probably has more of it.
Speaker 2: Charles has seventy percent of the vote. Christian is thirty percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, See Christian is still no respect on his name, still not even after that stellar performance yesterday.
Speaker 2: All right, well, that game is coming up next hour. It's the final game of the year. League City and clear Lake the only two suburbs surviving. Charles and Christian go head to head in the Sizzler. Winner takes home five thousand dollars today from our friends over at Sheell Federal Credit Union. So I can't wait. I'm excited about this hour, but I can't wait for a twenty to come around at seven to twenty, which is coming up after this break. Sold out. Imagine Dragons tickets they're playing Friday night. You gotta be down to party on Friday night. If you want a pair of tickets, I'll have them for you. I'm a flip of this break. Don't go anywhere. Rock and Alternatives to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Got some sold out concert tickets coming your way shortly. I've been twenty one chances of scatter thunderstorms throughout the day.
Speaker 3: Highs of around ninety today. What's trending.
Speaker 4: The celebrity cast of Dancing with the Stars is being released.
Speaker 5: Dwight Howard's in here. Who else? Stephen Niderosik?
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand they got to do their job and they got to hype this thing. Yeah, but I mean, are we really led to believe that it's a big deal. This announcement of the dancers.
Speaker 4: It used to be it is trending inn entertainment on the X. So I don't know that it's a big guy. Do you know some people that religiously watch this. I'm not one of them. I don't know. I kind of just look for who wins, and yeah, I get the announcements that there's a good dance. I'll rewatch it the next day, but it's not something I'm.
Speaker 5: Locked in for.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got a million followers on TikTok. It's Colby Colbertson, Like, who.
Speaker 5: Can he dance?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Probably not No, Like that's how you find out.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it is still a big deal.
Speaker 4: Was there an earlier premiere of Beetlejuice? Beetle Juice because it hits It's supposed to hit theater September sixth. But I saw a bunch of people that were at the premiere last night here in Houston. And I saw that Tim Burton got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday. So people have seen this movie.
Speaker 3: Christ Daughtry saw it.
Speaker 4: Our Chris Daughtry, not that it must have been a special premiere last night or something.
Speaker 3: I saw the premiere last night, brother Rod Beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: Beetlejuice took my kids three out of five to Molly's using the Chili scale. It was fun and entertaining, good movie to watch in a theater.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it's only in theaters, okay for now.
Speaker 5: So yeah, a little Beatlejuice news out there.
Speaker 4: And then Billboard released its All Genres Songs of the Summer Tart and Country Music Reigning Supreme here post Malone and Morgan Wall and smash It. I Had Some Help is the number one song on the summer according to Billboard. Do you want to go write Billboard? Do you want to argue with them?
Speaker 5: I back you up on that doesn't tell me too. It just tells me one little.
Speaker 3: Shnipp I think Shaboozi was two.
Speaker 4: You go those are?
Speaker 5: That's what's trending on ninety four five bikes.
Speaker 2: That was the song of the summer or Murder on the Dance Floor. I like, I do like that's one another summer jam, but that's just a personal jam of mine. We have tickets to give away.
Speaker 4: We do imagine dragons there loom World tours this Friday night.
Speaker 5: The show is sold out. The only way you can win is to get tickets from the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Alex. You'd be good for this. Do you think a member of the Imagine Dragons has ever told the classic Imagine Dragon D's nuts joke to anybody?
Speaker 3: Do you think anyone in the Imagine Dragons has pulled.
Speaker 2: That on someone?
Speaker 3: I'd like to think so.
Speaker 2: I'd like to thinks I live in a world to think that Dan did it. The singer Oh yeah, Shirtless, Imagine Dragon these nuts over your face?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shirtless, how could you not?
Speaker 2: I'll take caller ten for the sold out tickets. If you're down to party on Friday night, we're down to giving to you seven one, three, two and two five nine four five. It's the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning, Rot, Ryan Show, Offspring, Gunna get Away. Hey, guys, thank you so much for sharing your hashtag Houston sunrise photos with us. JT, Joey John, just a few of them that are coming in. We are apparently missing out on a awesome on an awesome hashtag Houston Sunrise this morning. I appreciate you guys sharing your pictures with us. Please just you know, roll safely if you're gonna be out there taking pictures. But yeah, I appreciate you sharing that because you know, we are sitting here on the inside cabin here at the Ryan Building. iHeart Houston, so we're not seeing outside too many now no windows here in in with all of these Houston sunrise photographs. Listener Alex says, Dear Rod, today's AI feature or today's feature for wild Card Wednesday is AI. That is all this seems to be happening every day though, amazing every day. Somebody's accusing our Instagram feature of being AI. Okay, what if I told you all my six picks yesterday, which were nine or ten of them, they're all AI. Okay, I fooled you all.
Speaker 3: My sister wasn't even in town.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 8: Mary?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Mary? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm great?
Speaker 2: Are you awesome? I wish I was seeing the sunrise. It sounds like you're in your car, are you hi?
Speaker 4: I sure am. I'm driving through Lovely guns Point.
Speaker 3: Okay, and sunrise? Does it look awesome?
Speaker 1: Beautiful?
Speaker 4: Sunrise? Absolutely beautiful?
Speaker 3: Oh yummy, coming right over the old close down mall.
Speaker 2: I could see it now. Mary, Hey, listen, thanks, thank you for riding with us this morning. You are caller number ten.
Speaker 4: I'm sundry.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you. I hope you're free Friday night. Tessa. Tell her all about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, imagine dragons.
Speaker 4: It's a Loom World tour, Woodland Civilian sold out show.
Speaker 5: You're totally in. Thank you, thank you, thank you, rod Ryan, thank.
Speaker 2: You Mary for taking us along with the driver. You heading into work?
Speaker 4: Headed into work for sure?
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, what are you saying for?
Speaker 4: I work four constables?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what do you do over there?
Speaker 4: I work in the Training and Civil Division?
Speaker 2: All right? All right, well, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So it's seven twenty nine, you're starting working eight today?
Speaker 12: I sure am.
Speaker 2: I got you? I got you? All right, Mary, thank you. Let's get you your tickets. Appreciate the work you do.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate you using us on the ride to work.
Speaker 1: All right, well you brought it up.
Speaker 2: I didn't have this ready to go. I didn't know if we were going to get into it today or not. But one of our famous listeners, Chris Daughtry, he saw the premiere of Beetle Beetlejuice last night. He said he took his kids three out of five to Molly's. That's the Chili. I mean, Chili went to the movies one time and he did a movie review, and people have been they are so thirsty for that guy to do movie reviews. Hey man went to the movies last night. That guy hasn't been yet. He hasn't been since. Okay, he's been to one movie in a theater in like five years, and he just leveled the place with his review and then nary to be heard from again. So Chris Autry's picking it up three out of five. Tomali's it was fun and entertaining, good movie to watch in the theater. So that was Chris right now, Beatlejuice. Beetlejuice has a seventy eight percent fresh review on the critics over at Rotten Tomatoes. What do you like here? I got the good and the not so good. Where do we start with these? Cause there's it's across the board. I'll say, for the most part, mostly positive reviews because it's seventy eight percent fresh, But there's you know, there's a couple of people that, you know, one guy didn't vote for you know, somebody to get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: You know somebody's gonna hate on this movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, give me the rotten give me the rotten Tomato part.
Speaker 3: From the Daily Mail.
Speaker 2: Hardest screenwriters Alfred gaw and Miles Miller strained to imbue this sequel with the same spirit. They don't realize they're writing. They don't really pull it off because they got to act like they're smart. From Awards Watch, another in a long line of legacy sequels that offers the viewer a morsel of what they love, but will walk away from it feeling ultimately unnourished. Okay, final one from the Daily Telegraph. This belated follow up left me wondering how many times you'd have to say it to make him go away for good? Oh, that writer did not like it now seventy eight percent fresh at Rotten Tomatoes from av Club. Like the first Beetlejuice, there's a genuine enjoyment gleaned from spending time in a world built by such serious craftsmen to such playful ends.
Speaker 8: Stupid.
Speaker 3: Another one here from Empire Magazine.
Speaker 2: Michael Keaton barely aging a day in his Pandai demonic get up if anything, seems to have more energy than he did thirty five years ago, bouncing off the progatorial walls with hilarious gusto, lifting everything around him. What a wordsmith.
Speaker 5: I like that review.
Speaker 2: Finally from the BBC, the nicest surprise is that Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice is that rare thing that big budget comedy can be actually funny. So critics do like it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean for me, it was nineteen eighty eight. Guys, how old were you but you saw it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I saw it on VHS.
Speaker 2: You saw it on.
Speaker 3: VHS and then HBO aired it all the time.
Speaker 5: And then it made it over and over again.
Speaker 2: When I was young, it Halloween. You've only seen Beettleuice one time.
Speaker 3: I don't care about Halloween movies.
Speaker 5: They were scary because you were scared. I was scared at some point.
Speaker 2: I never categorized it as a Halloween movie. It was It was more of a comedy for me, and then it played well during Halloween. That's how I categorize. That's how I compartmentalized it in my head. Michael Keaton was so funny. The biggest star back then, Uh he was. He was huge.
Speaker 3: Everything he was doing was amazing, Alex.
Speaker 5: Just go to YouTube and watch the clips of Michael.
Speaker 2: Keats Beetle Juice.
Speaker 5: I don't have an interesting He is so goofy and so funny.
Speaker 4: You I mean, I watch it. I thought, what a crack up, We'll just have funniest man I've ever seen. He's all dressed up, he's honking on his hog. Alex, you would love that he's being ridiculous. You would love it.
Speaker 5: Loves with the Most Made.
Speaker 2: Won an Oscar in nineteen eighty nine for Best Makeup Movie. Came out in eighty eight. Angelica Houston was originally cast in the Catherine O'Hara role, but she couldn't do it. Beetlejuice is named after a star called Beetlejuice in the Orion constellation. And I guess the fun fact that we covered, I think during fun Facts one morning is Beetlejuice. The character played by Michael Keaton is on screen for seventeen and a half minutes. It's a ninety two minute movie, right, and he's only on screen for seventeen point five minutes. Okay, but it's so great, Like I agree with you, yes every time he's on screen. It's amazing and it's something that maybe only Jim Carrey could do.
Speaker 4: That's the next person in line for me, Like these were the funny comedians that I'm like, Okay, these are the most hysterical people on the planet.
Speaker 3: Turning down the role of Lydia.
Speaker 4: The daughter, Oh yeah, when on a writer played her?
Speaker 5: So who turned it down?
Speaker 2: Sarah Jessica Parker said no, they were all around the same age. Jennifer Connolly, Molly Ringwald said no, Brooks Shields probably should have said yes.
Speaker 3: She said no, and Diane Lane they were all asked to play that role.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's not a theater movie for me. I'll wait till it comes out on TV. I do want to watch it, okay, And I think they're timing it. They're putting it out now. It'll be on TV by the time Halloween, by the time Hallow rolls around. Yeah, Ryan celebrating twenty.
Speaker 13: Years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Let's hav An essence and going under Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show on this wild Card Wednesday, front runner for the number one link today. I, of course, every day is a debate. Is it AI?
Speaker 11: Is it not?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine because that just puts more eyeballs on it. I'm fine with that. You got a forty percent chance of some scabing thunderstorms today, Cloudy little cooler hies up around ninety The final Suburb Summer Sizzler is next hour emergency poll question.
Speaker 3: Who wins the Suburb Summer Sizzler today? At a twenty.
Speaker 2: Charles? Is that fifty six percent Charles from League City, forty four percent Christian from clear Lake. You got two really, really great players going at it today. The winner will get five dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union. They both already have two hundred and fifty dollars in their pocket, and maybe even more importantly, they both already have Rob Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets, which I will shoehorn those in somewhere in the.
Speaker 3: Eight o'clock hour. Okay, those are coming up.
Speaker 2: I was that guy this morning? How was that guy? Let's come over here. Check out this video, dude, gohed check out this video. Check out this video I made him do it this morning. And I have a friend that has what's called relative pitch. He wasn't born with it, but he learned it. He's such a good musician that when he hears a car horn, he can tell you what note that is. You know what I mean. People are born with that. That's called perfect pitch. And a guy with perfect pitch has a video where his friends come up to him. They're like, dud du dude, check this out. Dude, check us out, like and they play a vacuum cleaner and the guy goes, ooh, that's an E. And the ding on the microwave ding, that's an A.
Speaker 3: And he goes and plays it.
Speaker 2: On the piano. He cannot whatever sound he hears, boom, he'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you what note that is.
Speaker 8: And he can.
Speaker 2: That's an A sharp.
Speaker 3: And then even when there's something playing I think it was a.
Speaker 2: Hairdryer, and he goes, well, there's mixed tones there, and he's listening, he's playing you both notes.
Speaker 3: He can hear that.
Speaker 2: So he's got a he's got an Instagram where he's got these videos, and his friends are just kind of you know, they're just bringing these random things to him and he's telling them what noted is. That's on Three Things You Must See Today. It is I just think it's a cool thing. You just you're freakishly born with it, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. The only one I heard Elvis had perfect pitch. I don't know that for sure, but you know who has it? I know, you know this guy, David Foster. Oh, David Foster, the genius of David Foster, who has written and played on everything, and he signed artists and he's tagging Katherine McPhee right now.
Speaker 5: He has like a little son. They have a son. It's like a also like a little drummer.
Speaker 2: Probably probably a musical genius too, but David Foster's musical genius. David Foster has perfect pitch. Crazy.
Speaker 4: He works with everyone like Celine Beyond, Ry Kerry Woody Houston.
Speaker 2: He discovered Michael Boublay. Yeah, he's just you know, he's Canadian.
Speaker 8: So you know.
Speaker 4: He was married to Yolanda Hadid, whose daughters are Gigi and the other HAIDI.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, there's gotta be some housewives. Okay, there's always a connection to the housewives. Three Things You Must See is a really cool link today The rod Ryan Morning Show sim ninety four or five. The Buzz that's our close personal friends, Shine Down Brett Zach are going to be in town. They're gonna do an unplugged set for us at the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 3: I mean, just their presence is going to be amazing.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice. Maybe they can bring us some of their hot sauce. They're into the hot sauce game because a lot of rockers are. It's been going on for years. But these guys, they're up to their third hot sauce now and I see I'm just talking about bretton Zach. Zach's struggling. They got a new one out there, attention, Mango Habanero.
Speaker 3: So they have a fiery trio of hot sauces.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you're not following Shine Down on Instagram then you might not know that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, give them a follow. Jacob Knowle's gonna be here from Sublime Blue October Theory of the Dead Man x SIS. We're playing that XI song on the overnights. It's awesome, really, Yes, Wizard, open it up or give it to us, let us play it in the morning.
Speaker 3: That'll make people want these tickets even more.
Speaker 2: Man Scott Stevens from The XIS is gonna be performing at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party October twelfth, Carbak Brewery. Need to win your way in and I'm gonna give you some tickets next hour. Of course, the Real Shine, I mean, I know that's the Shine, but the real Shine. It's the final Suburb Summer Sizzler, last game of the year. Shell feder will credit Union for a fourth big year helping us out, give them us six thousand dollars to give to you guys. It comes down to League City in clear Lake on the X at rod Ryan Show. Who wins the Sizzler. Charles in League City has six of the vote Christian and clear Lake forty percent of the vote.
Speaker 11: Not bad.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I can't wait. We're gonna get rolling with that game. At around eight twenty this morning, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we had talked about this election season and how we are just sixty three days out from election day. Yesterday, President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris had their first joint campaign event since Biden dropped out of the race for the White House. Meanwhile, President Trump former President Trump, and a Labor Day message blasted Harris, claiming that all Americans are suffering due to her failed leadership. Also some Trump news He's pled not guilty to interfering in the twenty twenty election, that special counsel Jack Smith had followed that revised indictment last week. I'd mentioned that on Tuesday, yesterday, Trump's legal team pleaded not guilty on his behalf to that revised.
Speaker 5: That revised indictment.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about some local happenings here, because it was a crazy day yesterday and really really sad tragedy.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 4: A suspect is in custody for the murder of a Harris County precinct for deputy. Investigators say he was on the deputy was on his way to work when a suspect shot him several times as he sat in his suv.
Speaker 5: He was at a red light.
Speaker 4: He was at Richmond On Richmond and Fondren and the shooting was reported shortly before one pm. He was pronounced dead at ben Toob Hospital. So then they're after the suspect. Right, suspect drives his car into the water near the Galveston causeway. You had that pier lined up with law enforcement officials. He's just in there treading water for like an hour. They eventually have to go in and obtain him, arrest him. It's all over national news. He has been identified, but there they haven't released and they don't know really yet the motive for this shooting.
Speaker 2: Alex said this, you know, off air, and I agreed with him. I'm like, just leave him in the water. Just leave him in the We know he did it, he saw the video. Leave him. I means, absolutely, leave him.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I again, tragedy here in the area, and this was something that was on the national news. Okay, let's switch gears here a little bit, because now that the NFL season is almost back, there is a list of the wildest food you can order at NFL's stadiums. These wild flavor combinations you can order while watching some pigskins. Okay, Number one on this is the pizza burger from Dallas Cowboys from AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: It's a sixteen ounce Angus burger.
Speaker 4: But when the bun is two pepperoni pizzas, you're probably a little more intrigued about that.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming they're not including the calorie con on any of these.
Speaker 4: Probably no. Two pizzas and a burger this if you have a sweet tooth. Oh my gosh, I can feel my blood sugar spiking just reading this. The cotton candy burrito at the Arizona Cardinals where they play ice cream, fruity Pebbles, Skittles, Eminem's, and gummy bears wrapped in cotton candy.
Speaker 3: I mean that's for a child, right, Like, come on, Peter Pan, Who could anybody to watch Kylie Murray?
Speaker 2: Anybody over twelve ordering that?
Speaker 5: What about canoli nachos?
Speaker 4: You can get this at with the Philly Philadelphia Eagles, chocolate ricotta, ricotta, strawberry, pistasio dust and caramel.
Speaker 5: It's basically, I mean, just does sound pretty good. Yeah you like that?
Speaker 4: I mean Baltimore Ravens, you can get a soft pretzel roll, a bacon cheeseburger, cubosso crabb dip onion rings, and two chicken wings. It's a tailgater burger. Who needs an appetizer when you can get them all in one. There's a list of all this crazy food.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like going and reading these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has its own blog page, so there's a food blog page, and then there's one specifically talking about all the all the crazy foods. Every stadium's got their own crazy food.
Speaker 3: We have Trailburger's.
Speaker 2: They're crazy.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Hawks to a girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, you want to talk about her?
Speaker 4: You're going to give them that fuck dude, spent all that thing.
Speaker 2: She's not done.
Speaker 5: I want to see her fifteen minutes of fame? Aren't Hawk through a yet?
Speaker 2: Oh? Nice, I see what you did.
Speaker 4: Okay. She's getting her own podcast and the name's pretty snazzy. Hailey Welsh's new weekly show is called Talk Tua and it premieres next Tuesday. Her first guest is someone we gave tickets away to her show already, Whitney Cummings. She was actually just on Whitney's podcast recently and she was dropping some more sage advice for women. What's good for the whole ain't always good for the soul. Haley's word, it's not mine. H Jake Paul's media company is producing Haley's podcast, and she's also and he's also slated to appear as a guest soon.
Speaker 3: Alex is a guy that has been doing podcasts for what ten years now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how does it make you feel when she can get these big guests? Because I gotta be honest, I'm a little deal. I don't have a podcast.
Speaker 11: Not well I do.
Speaker 5: I do it very sporadically.
Speaker 4: It's like, Okay, you get to land all these famous people, you've never interviewed anyone a day in your life, and all of a sudden, you're just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're that girl.
Speaker 3: She'll have a million people off following her.
Speaker 4: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. But I'll also be lying if I.
Speaker 5: Said I good for her.
Speaker 2: I'm for her.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like, stop doing it.
Speaker 4: Then she'll get a show, and then she'll.
Speaker 5: Get a TV show.
Speaker 2: I get a sitcom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, imagine Dragons. We just gave away tickets to their sold out show. They do know how to get attention for their music. Okay, they are doing a performance at the Hollywood Bowl. That's when they're ending their tour, and then they are getting the Moon involved. So this Children, they're going to debut a new track, Children of the Sky. It's going to be transmitted back to Earth from the surface of the Moon as a part of a mission to the South Interpol early next year.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston said Lands.
Speaker 2: I was struggling, like right after I said give her a sitcom, I just could not come up with something off the top of my head. And then after you're doing the imagined dragon story to a broke girls. But I didn't have it, So I don't get credit for it because I didn't just roll off my tongue broke girls.
Speaker 3: No Alex that she interviewed with all right, does nothing.
Speaker 2: I think she caught her first time, right.
Speaker 7: Sports Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna resume their series with the Red Spencer. Aragheny is gonna be on the map for this strows.
Speaker 3: He was just named the ALS Rookie of the Month for August.
Speaker 7: Heaby going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez first pitches at five point forty and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on the Sports block page today. Two White Sox players ran into each other yesterday, oh hard, trying to catch a fly ball. The White Socks are my father worst team in baseball this year, So that was just the White Sox going full White Sox.
Speaker 2: As what they said, it almost looked like the guy that was coming from the backfield put his shoulder right into his face.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it was like comic coal, like a movie would have done that exact same scene when the team's trying to figure it out. But funny sports blog page. You want to go check that out. And also, happy NFL Eve everyone. We are just one more sleep away from the start of the NFL season. The Chiefs and Ravens are gonna kick off the season tomorrow night in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, the Buzz ninety four or five Buzz Foo Fighters and my hero had point part of the show.
Speaker 19: People.
Speaker 2: That means we're getting very very close final Suburb Summer Sizzler game.
Speaker 3: More on that in a second. You know it's League City, you know it's clear Lake.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars going to the winner. When are we gonna give away those twentieth anniversary party tickets?
Speaker 3: Just stay on me, Stay on me. After the Suburb Summer Sizzlers, we're all.
Speaker 2: Running around here singing our song for the last time giving out money, then I want to slide those tickets in there. Okay, So this hour twentieth Anniversary Party tickets at the Carbot Brewery October twelfth. Still got to be invited in. This is interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'd have to run this by the radio wizard. I want to push it. I'm happy that these guys are all coming into play for us.
Speaker 2: Aaron Aaron or it's a R R on Double R.
Speaker 3: That new Shinedown song you just played might be my favorite song on the radio right now.
Speaker 2: If they play that song on the twelfth, could you record it and possibly play it on the air.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta ask, well, I mean, you always have to ask bands if you're able to record the show. They kind of know that everybody's gonna have their cameras out the whole damn time. They know that these songs are gonna be out there and videos are gonna exist, But man to get a recording off of the soundboard of some of this stuff. You know, we just gave away tickets to the Imagine Dragons. I have to say, top three ever, the top three recordings ever?
Speaker 3: Do you have that Imagine Dragons?
Speaker 2: Do you know how to find radioactive the one that we recorded here, It would be shine down just them in general when they came down and did an acoustic performance for us back when we used to do that fun stuff. Chris Cornell just because of who he is and he's my favorite voice ever. But I would have to say, the Imagine Dragons in our lounge here, Oh you got it? Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna just kind of get into the meat of it a little bit. The Imagine Dragons weren't even supposed to come. I forgot they were opening up. They were opening back then for I don't know, Milky Chance or you know, something like that, some band that you know who cares. Imagine Dragons. They rolled in and they said, we didn't think they were gonna make it in time. We invited both bands to come down, and Imagine Dragons were brand new. They had one song on the radio, and back then we used to record the private performances. They came in. The band was getting set up and and they said, well, listen, if you let us just we'll just go on there. We'll just play a couple of songs and then we'll get out of your way and then you guys can play. And they produced probably the greatest okay, save stop set save, Okay, it's not gonna work. They probably came. We came away from that day with the greatest recording, and I'm putting them up against Chris Cornell and Shinedown. Now, imagine Dragon's radioactive in our live lounge. I know, the imagine Dragons kind of like get a bit of a punchline and they're you know, taking the nickelback baton. They're so good at their instruments. They're all brilliant musicians.
Speaker 11: Waking the Actually I'm brown, but I up creaming.
Speaker 2: Breaking thirty minutes before this recording that you're listening to.
Speaker 15: M hmm.
Speaker 3: They were in a van racing to the radio station.
Speaker 2: Whoa, I'm waking.
Speaker 1: Film classies.
Speaker 2: Welcome to It's good. Huh really good. Well a, whoa, it's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 5: It's dan like go to Baylor for music or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all trained musicians, right, they're all like masters of their instruments and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their musician their music school kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Aaron brings up a point, He's like, hey, are you gonna get to record the show? I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's something that I will definitely.
Speaker 2: I'll roll that by the radio wizard, because you know that there's gonna be some amazing performances, and we're gonna get you in.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get somebody in.
Speaker 2: We'll get you some tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty aniversary party October twelfth. Carbok Brewing Company. Okay, yeah, we got you. Okay, how's a pole question? Look, we got Charles in Leake City taken on Christian from clear Lake? Who wins today on the X Who wins the final Suburb Summer Sissler Game today at eight twenty Charles fifty eight point three, Christian, clear Lake forty one point seven, about one hundred votes in this morning.
Speaker 3: We're gonna say hi to the guys. I don't want to let go. I don't want to let go.
Speaker 4: I already tweeted Show Federal Credit Union, NASA if we could do it again next year?
Speaker 17: You did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did they answer? Not yet? Because their social people are pretty good over there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I haven't asked, like I don't normally.
Speaker 2: I let the dust settle a little bit, and then when they start doing budgets. A lot of big companies will do budgets in October to get ready for the following year. And that's when I say, hey, that Sissler was pretty fun.
Speaker 3: You guys want to do that again, So, yeah, that would be awesome if they came on board again.
Speaker 2: Ye I know they want to help us out with the twenty anniversary party, so they still want to have some fun. They're so great to work with. All Right, we'll meet that, we'll revisit with the fellas, we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 3: The Final Suburb Summer Sizzler coming.
Speaker 13: Up, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Thirty four five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. The chance of rain just increased starting in around nine o'clock. Nine through one. He gets up to about a seventy percent chance of some scattered thunderstorm. So the sky could open up in the next couple of hours. For sure. It is still gonna keep us high of around ninety today. I see Charles, I see Christian. They are ready to go. We'll say we'll say hello to the boys who are in the Final Suburb Summer Sizzler game of the year. But first we gotta find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the things that are trending for us are the Wildcar Wednesday and the Looking a Girl's blog page. I don't think the Wildcar Wednesday's AI, I don't think is.
Speaker 3: A I okay, I'm gonna have to go look, but I'm focused on the game right now.
Speaker 2: I'll go investigate after.
Speaker 4: You're also probably a little focus on them announcing who's on Dancing with a Star.
Speaker 5: Do you see Danny a Mondola?
Speaker 19: Af there?
Speaker 4: I am not Danny And up there?
Speaker 5: Who else?
Speaker 4: Phaedia who was a real housewife? She was in the Traders.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt they do a great job of making me feel like I want to know. But then when I see these promos and Dwight Howard, and then I realized, I don't care. You don't I don't care, you don't care.
Speaker 3: Who's got the.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the hot boys like Lil Wayne's little group that.
Speaker 8: He was in.
Speaker 2: It was like, Manny Fresh, I thought you were gonna talk about those guys in the hotel of the Island Boys. No, they no dude in an Island boy.
Speaker 3: Bring them back.
Speaker 4: Dana Fest is Lil Wayne's annual music festival that's in New Orleans, and he's saying that he's bringing back hot boys for the first time years. So there's your music news, and that's what's trending on eighty for five of us.
Speaker 5: Can we please get on with.
Speaker 2: It, can't we?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I imagine there's somebody out there going, oh, thank god, this song is going away. I look forward to it every day because.
Speaker 3: I don't want to meet the person that thinks down yeah, is there is there one of you out there that hates when we.
Speaker 2: Played this song?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, you belt it out.
Speaker 19: We only got one more day, all right, Christian.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning brother. You played yesterday? Yeah? I did. How's your arm? You know what?
Speaker 3: We have about one hundred pitch count on him yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can go back to back? Can you go back to back like that?
Speaker 19: Christian?
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 4: Jam seven?
Speaker 3: So help me God, if you would have let Bobby win yesterday.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll say this because Christian, I know you feel like you haven't gotten the respect. And it's not an obvious thing because it doesn't always happen this way. I think the two best players really are here. Nobody backed into it. Nobody's like, okay, well you know he kind of had this happen, and this happened Christian from clear Lake, and then of course we bring back Charles in League City. Charles, good morning on Good morning, Charles. You're the guy that plays with little sleep. You're in a rock and roll band. Did you get any sleep last night? Honestly I didn't.
Speaker 3: I've been sick, so I got a few hours.
Speaker 2: Alex, he's like you, He's like a sleepless wonder, comes in performs little to no sleep on fumes, but somehow gets it done.
Speaker 4: It's done, so let's.
Speaker 2: See you can keep it going.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I think you gotta do what works for you. Yes, sir, I just want to say, neither are the two best players. Because we're in the Southeast side city.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'll say that going all over the place with these suburbs everywhere, and to see you guys being neighbors playing against one another is pretty awesome. So, like you said, the South the Southeast side is very, very excited. Right now, what have we got here? I got four minutes, Charles Christian, They've already got cash in their pocket. But one of them takes home five thousand dollars in four minutes.
Speaker 3: Christian and Charles, good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Here's disturbed in the sound of silence, ninety four to five, the buzz.
Speaker 3: We'll put the song on the radio. Chili comes on on the inner income. Hey man the wizard and picked a slower song before.
Speaker 5: The championship, not and then the longest song.
Speaker 8: In the six o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: We have two minutes to.
Speaker 2: Get ready for fresh out of bed ninety four or five the bus Chili.
Speaker 3: I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: What the hell was that? Come on, give me something, It's all right. He probably he probably thought that we needed to call ourselves down a little bit.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, deep breaths here, Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Like I said, it's starting. The rain's going to increase quite a bit. Chances of raining increase quite a bit starting around nine ten to eleven o'clock on through about one. So it's up to now a seventy percent chance of some thundershowers out there. Craig sends in an email and says, I just want you to know if Charles wins this, this is on par with the Michael Jordan flu game. Okay, that's what we're dealing with here, Okay, Charles says he wasn't quite feeling well. So our friend's over at Shell Federal Credit Union for four summers in a row. I came to them years ago with this idea, and I said, this is what I want to do, a bracket style tournament, which everybody loves brackets. Let's open it up to all the different suburbs so that people can take some pride and where they're from, and one person will represent each suburb, and then we'll get a bracket style tournament. We'll put on some music. It'll be music related. I gotta get you know, I gotta make sure the Wizard's into it too. So it's like, dude, it's songs. It's song based. It's a music based game that we're playing. And so he signed off on it. Shell Federal Credit Union said, yeah, okay, we'll give you the six grand. We'll see how it goes. Four years now running you said you already asked him for next year.
Speaker 5: I asked him on Twitter.
Speaker 2: HLLI, I mean, of course I want to play next year. Charles, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Charles in League City and Christian in Clear Leg.
Speaker 2: There's just a little webster in between them. There's just a little webster keeping these two bohemits going at each other. Christian, welcome, learn it. Good morning, Good morning, guys. Do you want to know how the poll question goes? Maybe I should just ask one of.
Speaker 3: You, Charles, do you want to know how the pole question went? Let's tell him, all right, Charles and League City.
Speaker 2: I asked who wins the suburb of Summer Sissler today at a twenty fifty six point ninety say Charles forty three point one percent, say Christian and Clearlay. Christian cannot get any respect on the show. He cannot get the respect that he deserves. He has a champion. He has two hundred and fifty dollars in his pocket. So does Charles. They both have tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. I can't wait to party with you guys at the show at the Carbot Brewery.
Speaker 3: But one of you will be.
Speaker 2: Buying his beers all night because they'll have five thousand dollars on top of the two fifty that they already have. Charles, any final words, No, Sarah, Let's just do the thing, okay, Christian, anything, let's go. Okay. I'm with you, I'm with you. I have nothing left to say. All I know is it takes thirty one games to be It takes thirty games to get here. Game thirty one is right here.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous, soy thing.
Speaker 2: I I'm shaking. Yeah, I'm shaking right now. Guys, I'm gonna play a song. You're gonna shout out your name when you think you know the song title and the name of the band. I need you, guys, listening like you've never listened before. Okay.
Speaker 3: I need you to listen like a hawk.
Speaker 2: Like I would tell you to watch something like a hawk. I need you to listen like that. I need you to listen like a like a like a K nine. There's something who does got good hearing? I need you to listen like them a dog? All right, Charles and Christian is what is going to be yelled out? Here comes your song boys. Good luck, here we go, Charles.
Speaker 11: Boys, Yes, whoa.
Speaker 2: We did it?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Charles, are that it's the same Christian? You were just a biscuit off? Oh yeah, just a little off this morning.
Speaker 1: Is there any irony in the song.
Speaker 3: No Sleep Till Brooklyn? Is there any irony?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: There is, but that song had been determined how long ago?
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago? Yeah, so it was to send me the list.
Speaker 4: I had to make sure to approve.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 16: Just all right.
Speaker 2: Listen, Christian, you've been a great champion. Great job, you've been a great champion, and you do you do deserve all the respect for getting into this final game. Clear Lake comes up short League City. Charles on fumes this.
Speaker 3: Morning, you're looking forward to getting everybody beer at the parties. Wow, no, dude, I mean you're shagging beers for me all night. Okay, you're my little beer shagger.
Speaker 2: Okay, all night, Charles. Hey, can I give up somebody? Yeah, dude, it's you, it's you. You're five dollars. You're the winner of the suburb of Summer Sizzlers Show Federal Credit Union. Five thousand dollars is yours. Two hundred and fifty dollars is already in your pocket, tickets to the anniversary show. You can say anything you want, almost what do you got?
Speaker 3: Well, the reason why I'm here, I want to thank my buddy Marcus.
Speaker 15: He's the one that wanted me to play this game, that i'd be good at it, and I said, well, let me give it a shot.
Speaker 3: So really, if it wasn't for him, I want.
Speaker 2: To be here.
Speaker 3: Well you got to give him half. Yeah, you can manage, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm good with that.
Speaker 3: I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent, all right, Charles Charles Ballard League City is your Suburb Summer Sizzler twenty twenty four champion.
Speaker 3: He played brilliantly the entire tournament.
Speaker 2: And you know what again, the fact that we get to kind of hang out with you guys now at the party, I'm really really looking forward to it. Way to go, bro, Congratulations, take your I can't wait, can't wait for you all.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see you man and I mean Shelle Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for always supporting and allowing us to have fun. And congratulations to everybody that got into the tournament. Will we do it again next year?
Speaker 7: Boy do?
Speaker 2: I hope so? Nine the bus stained and lowest in me.
Speaker 4: Already, Alex and.
Speaker 2: I miss it already. I miss it. Could put that song away for a year on shelf.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, great Suburb Summer Sissler.
Speaker 2: Thank you everybody, Thank you everybody, and again, Charles League City five thousand, dollars the grand champion Shell Federal Credit Union. Eric says, my dude, the best man won. Charles is Old Rock. Perfect choice for the final song. Approval on that final song, it was very obvious you had to jump in. When you jumped in, I mean immediately the song opens with the title and it's unmistakably the you know, the Beastie Boys, So perfect choice for the final song. I still remember today by the Smashing Pumpkins last year, g D another great tournament, says Eric Rassmuson I.
Speaker 3: GD that as well, another great tournament. Absolutely was that the last song last year?
Speaker 2: Today? I think maybe it was today by the people. Now we're from. Let's give away some tickets. I said, I was gonna shoehorn some tickets in here. I will Uh. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. You can join Charles and Christian. Uh, they're gonna Bobby is going to be there as well. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. You have to win your way in and call her ten is in at seven, one, three, two, five, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's green Day. It's long View. Yes, we did give away a pair of tickets. It's Ernest was the winner of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. We did get those tickets in as promised. After the very dramatic final Summer of Summer Sizzler of the Year and Charles and Christian May they didn't disappoint. They both said their name, but Charles got in there quicker from League City. He got the song correct and he is now five thousand dollars richer. Thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. I don't know it's a little nerdy, but I think it's interesting. Radio Wizard sent me the history of the final Game of the Year'll talk about that shortly after nine o'clock. We'll talk about the songs that we have used for that last game over the last four years. Today, of course, it was Beastie Boys, No Sleep till Brooklyn. I was nervous, man like, they're not saying their name, they're saying the title right now, say your name. Great game today. Make sure you listen to the podcast if you missed it, Thank you Shell Federal Credit Union. We got some rain coming our way. After nine o'clock, which is just around the corner. Nine to one is the worst is your best chance for rain goes up to about a seventy percent chance, Tessa one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Sure sure thing. There are just sixty three days until day.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, President Biden vice President Kamala Harris held their first joint campaign campaign event since Biden.
Speaker 5: Dropped out of the race for the White House.
Speaker 4: There's also less than a week until the first presidential debate between Kamala and former President Trump. Both campaigns are continuing to participate in key swing safe campaigns. Harris used Labor Day to hold a campaign event in Pennsylvania, her first joint rally. Again, as I mentioned, since Biden had dropped out of the race for the White House. So it's a it's revving up, guys, expect that to be in the headlines. Sorry, I know, we don't. We don't love politics on this show.
Speaker 13: What is it is not?
Speaker 2: It seems like it's non stop.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess we're after the election year and you can't really you know, you're kind of locked in for four years.
Speaker 3: Then they start talking about midterms and it's never it doesn't stop.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this pretty serious happening here in Houston.
Speaker 5: A suspect is now.
Speaker 4: In custody for the murder of a Harris County Precinct for deputy.
Speaker 5: Investigators say the deputy was on his.
Speaker 4: Way to work when the suspect shot him several times as he was just sitting in his suv at a red light on Richmond at Fondrant.
Speaker 5: The shooting was reportedly shortly before one pm.
Speaker 4: Again, this happened yesterday and the deputy was pronounced dead at Ben tob Hospital. So the suspect was caught, but it wasn't until after he drove his car into the water near the Galveston Causeway. So he drives the car and in the water. He's there. You can see him treading water for almost an hour. You could see all of the law enforcement officials on the pier. He has been identified and now they're looking for a motive for this shooting. The motive is still unknown.
Speaker 5: Switching gears here.
Speaker 4: Amy Slayton from the reality show One Thousand Pounds Sisters, had a pretty eventful labor Dame. She went to the Tennessee Safari Park with her kids. She's got two kids, ESPUs. She has a boyfriend, and at some point during their visit, Amy claims she was bitten by a camel. While she was being treated, the park employees notice, hey, kind of smells.
Speaker 5: Like devil's lettuce tweed, weeds. There was pot, and then there was just mushrooms sitting in plain sight. So they were arrested.
Speaker 2: They called the cops.
Speaker 4: They arrested them on drug possession and then child engagement charges. Amy shares the kids with her ex husband, who filed for divorce not too long ago. But do you know the one thousand pounds sisters. There's a really popular quote. She's like, you don't know what it's lack.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about this show.
Speaker 5: And he's like, there is stuff you can do.
Speaker 4: It's their doctors right here. That doctor that treats all the five hundred plus pound people. He lives right here in Houston. Famous.
Speaker 2: It's a combined weight.
Speaker 3: The gals are one thousand pounds combined.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well one of them passed away.
Speaker 2: Oh is that that doctor?
Speaker 3: My sister got off the one plane last time. Yeah, she made go right over to that place. She got her in front of the doctor's office. Yeah, okay, yeah, I know who I know the doctor.
Speaker 4: Yeah doctor now yeah, so yeah, he has some pretty good singers and one liners on that show.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good enough for my sister to get a picture outside of the building. She went inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a little shrine to the people love him.
Speaker 4: People sell magnets with his with his sayings because they'll be like saying he's hungry.
Speaker 5: He's like, do you think you're malnourished? Like He'll ask them stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I'm going through this live action with my sister as it's unwinding, and you know, coming from north Tonajua, New York. She's like, oh my god, this is the lobby. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: People sit on these chairs right here.
Speaker 2: It's on the show. Rod. You don't understand. They so glad they film right here in this lobby. I'm like, you're kidding me, gets it. They don't use that chair, do they. She's like, yes, these are the chairs that the people sit on on the show.
Speaker 5: I'm going to buy those magnets where his doctor now says on it.
Speaker 4: She's gonna love it.
Speaker 3: I think she I think they have merch.
Speaker 2: I think they merch over there, do they do? I wouldn't let her buy a shirt.
Speaker 3: I go, you're not buying a T shirt?
Speaker 4: Why are we so close to football season listening to Taylor swips? Does anyone like to take a crack at that? Would anyone like to?
Speaker 3: It is laughable how often she's in this NFL promo. It really is really like, dudes aren't watching this promo.
Speaker 2: It's chicks watching it.
Speaker 1: So that's what they did.
Speaker 4: That's what the chicks are watching the NFL promo video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys are watching the game.
Speaker 4: Well, this is all guys have right now. I think guys are watching this.
Speaker 3: Big, big lely so film. Tell everybody what we're watching here.
Speaker 4: So the NFL hype video was released yesterday, put together, put together by the NFL, like release on the NFL social accounts. It's like, oh my gosh, are you ready? And there are I mean, you have all yes, famous NFL quarterbacks and everything, But Taylor shows in it like five or six times.
Speaker 2: I think I counted five. Yeah, that's fine, ridiculous to put her in an NFL promo that much. I know why they do it. It's just it's laughable.
Speaker 4: She's showing up a lot, showing up a lot, all right.
Speaker 3: It's on the looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 2: You can go and check that out.
Speaker 4: If you visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you can hit up the Voice your Choice kiosk and vote for who you think should be in the Hall.
Speaker 5: And it doesn't actually count like the Rocks Annual, like online.
Speaker 4: Voting does, but it does say that the committee keeps an eye on who the public is backing. So people are going to this kiosk and they're saying, give us our Blink one eighty two. Okay, actually Iron Maiden's number one, but at a close second, Blink one eighty two. People want to see them in the hall. Six weird Ow's on this, Motley Crue, Weezer, Pink Slip knot Tool, Phil Collins. I mean not in any particular order.
Speaker 3: Snoop Dog, Soundgarden, Okay, free let me ask you this, Alex.
Speaker 2: Does Weezer need to go in before Blink? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, interesting to night.
Speaker 2: I don't think that fair enough?
Speaker 4: Heads what you got.
Speaker 7: Astrios are back in action tonight. They're going to resume their series with the Reds. Spencer Araghanty. You will be in the mound for the drills, going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez Araghedtty was just named the AL Rookie of the Month for August. Yesterday, first pitch is at five forty. You can hear that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, it is NFL Eve. We're just one more sleep away from NFL football. Chiefs and Ravens are gonna kick off the season tomorrow night in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in Sports Houston.
Speaker 13: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. See either and Fine again Wildcart Wednesday. Some rain is expected over the next couple of hours for sure, up to a seventy percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms. Now, so that increased quite a bit to keeping it the high today at around ninety. Okay again, a lot of people calling. Ernest was the winner of the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. I did get to those. I did give away a pair of tickets to join us at the Carbot Brewery on October twelfth.
Speaker 3: That's it, just the one pair of tickets.
Speaker 2: Today. I got some other stuff I gotta do here, but I got those in after the final Suburb Summer Sizzler Game of the Year. Now, hang on a second, I said that the song's going away, But just a little recap here. A few of you had asked Rod who who won the Sizzler in the year's like, what are the suburbs that have won? Has any has any suburb repeated winning on the final Suburb Summer Sizzler of the year.
Speaker 3: We have played it four years.
Speaker 2: Now, twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, and twenty four. That's right, so Tesla on the on the sly on the X you already asked Shelle if we yes? Did you just say can we have six thousand dollars next year?
Speaker 8: Well? I do.
Speaker 5: I wanted it out Christian's picture.
Speaker 4: I was like, Christian from clear Lake plays Charles Lake City for five thousand dollars in the final game of the Suburb of Summer says already twenty thank you shall FCU, can we please play again next year?
Speaker 2: Any response anything? Thet No. By the way, when I put the pl question up, Charles a Christian Who's gonna win? The people on the X thought Charles was gonna win, and Charles did come away with a victory. So League City is the champion.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one. Twenty twenty one is when we created this the suburb of Summer Sissler. It was Galveston taking on Rosenberg. Tessa, no looking, shout out your name when you think you know the name of the song and the band you ready, this was the final game. I'm not the one who's what is it?
Speaker 4: God smack, I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: Voodoo, come on the main one.
Speaker 3: Galveston played Rosenberg.
Speaker 2: Andrew from Galveston was the champion.
Speaker 4: Oh Andrew won that year.
Speaker 2: Andrew was the CHAMPI.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Galveston was the one, the very first Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Then we played in twenty twenty two. Thank you Wizard for the stats. Wizard is the official stamp way on all things Okay great on this show. The summer of twenty twenty two rolled around and this song played on the final game of the year. Shout out your name when you think you know it, Tessa, the other one.
Speaker 5: You're the only one playing Alex.
Speaker 2: Like hoping that you were going to be a Bobby.
Speaker 20: I can see the song Black Walter, Black Walter. The song is cool Ruine music for me, this.
Speaker 7: Is black Walter, this is live all over you and Kyle from Richmond, congratulations Kyle, Kyle from Richmond.
Speaker 2: Was the show and you could do it like you do it, Kyle, And I'm like, Okay, there's no way Shell's going to give us another six grand.
Speaker 3: They did so in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: We where's Kyle from again?
Speaker 2: Kyle's from Richmond.
Speaker 5: Okay, Richmond and Galveston got it.
Speaker 2: And then last year we already kind of talked about it because one of our listeners knew it. In twenty twenty three, a task Asita, Matt was the champion on this song right here. No, of course that's a weird version, right an, I don't.
Speaker 5: Remember what the person said. By the way, there's so much idea.
Speaker 2: There's so much crap in the system as far as music. I can never grab a piece of music and it'd be right, all right. So the year is twenty twenty three. One year ago, I forget Matt from a task a Seeda chimed.
Speaker 4: In on this.
Speaker 5: Oh, Tessa, I do know it now.
Speaker 4: I remember smashing pumpkins today today.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good.
Speaker 2: So Galveston, Richmond, A Taskasita, and then of course this morning. If you missed it, spoiler alert, spoiler is coming. I thought this was a pretty bold choice, guys. I didn't know any of the songs going into the games. I was playing along with the players in each matchup. They're not labeled here. I couldn't see them Alex and Wizard do some kind of trickery on these songs. Yeah, and I am not included in it at all, so I play along. So this is what I heard this morning. It's Charles from League City and Christian from clear Lake.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: And at that point Charles and Christian had already said their names in that order, though Christian was right there. And I thought it was an easy one because they opened with the title of the song mostly till Brooklyn BC Boys though. Yeah so and even one commenter said, Rob, that was the perfect song because you had to get it quickly. Yeah, otherwise you were just going to be left in the dirt. So League City is the twenty twenty four champion. That's Charles.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know what the if they had somehow tied that, Rick would have been okay?
Speaker 2: So if you can get that, how many how many backup songs do you had?
Speaker 3: To and I really had two extra backs, like two extras just in case. Okay, this would be fun. Okay, so this is you and Tastic can play this song.
Speaker 2: I can't because it doesn't say the name of it on here. Okay, okay, and here we go ahead rock show.
Speaker 5: This is one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 3: Suggestion for I'm glad that it was the the third choice for a backup. But would you have gotten this on run?
Speaker 2: All right, let me just get rid of that. I gotcha. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Shout out your name when you think you know the band and.
Speaker 2: The song title, rod go ahead, it's white zombie more human than human. That would have been very difficult because that one's hard because we have more rob Zombie in the system than white Zombie. Right, somebody that really had potential for somebody to yell out rob zombie and not white zombie.
Speaker 4: I would not have thought. And then yeah, it's just moaning. That's why I tried.
Speaker 3: Got it so quick, man, I could have won five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You would have to get like eight other songs.
Speaker 2: I could have bobbied my way to the end.
Speaker 5: All right, let's put this up and bring out the pumpkin spice.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well.
Speaker 4: Now, Alex, listen, I let's talk to your guys.
Speaker 2: I haven't asked the hype man if he's ready to bust that game out, but I will say that tomorrow we will be playing the Read my Lips game at eight twenty back in its in its regular scheduled PRUSS program slot. Okay, listen, we went way late on that, but that was really really fun. And in show Federal Credit Union for four Great Summers. Oh what did the guy ask?
Speaker 3: He asked me for something like the Winter I don't know.
Speaker 2: He said, can we do it like a winter version of this game? Like the Suburb Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 3: It's like the Suburb the Winter Wonder, the Winter Freezer or something like that.
Speaker 2: I forgot what he came up with, but it was it was funny. He's like, Rod, I need this game. And I said, I feel you.
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 2: I feel you? All right?
Speaker 3: The Winter guys text away here listen carefully.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's show on this wild Card Wednesday, Alex, I'll get you in a moment.
Speaker 3: Okay, Radio Wizard sent.
Speaker 2: Me bad data. What we look at all those drafts, and so if you if you heard the first segment of the hour, I thought it would be a fun thing because you know, he took it upon himself to go through his notes, and he keeps ridiculous notes.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, here's how we ended each year. Here's the song, and who was in.
Speaker 2: The last game? And here who's here was the winner twenty twenty one? Godsmack voodoo. I believe that was the song he had Andrew in Galveston winning that first year. Testa backed it up with, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Andrew, Well I know Andrew. He got the woman's shirt.
Speaker 3: Is that the Andrew from Galveston? Slow fast Andrew? Is that the same Andrew?
Speaker 8: Think?
Speaker 2: So I get an email from JD JD the Firefighter in Crosby. Dude, I won the first year, and you know what, I'm not just saying it. I remember him winning the first year. I do remember JDT. Somebody set with the screen cap we can put in faces together and matchups and doing all of that. JD was your first winner. He beat Andrew in Galveston. So JD the Firefighter. So I can't trust anything that Radio Wizard ever sends me. Moving forward, there's your.
Speaker 3: Stance save for the meeting.
Speaker 2: Bring me other John. Other John is the only stat keeper on this show. Wizard, step into my office.
Speaker 4: Why because you're fired Online?
Speaker 2: Kid's alix online the muzz All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 7: All right, today's aol. It's a little interactive one for you. It's called paper toys. And you're going to be looking at a bunch of paper toys that you can print out and then make yourself.
Speaker 3: So right here, such a little treat. So this is the Great Pyramid Geez.
Speaker 1: I printed out.
Speaker 2: I folded it.
Speaker 3: It's got instructions on each little thing. You can click like you print out a Nissan.
Speaker 7: You can print out the Great Wall of China, Big Ben, the Arc de triumph D.
Speaker 4: You should do, Big benince you've been there a.
Speaker 3: Horse and we're making these out of paper.
Speaker 7: Yeah, then you could print it out waste your your company's paper, not your own. Oh yeah, you go, you cut along the lines and it shows you how to fold it and make exactly what that is The Pyramid of Giza. Obviously the easiest one. I figured they could do that the fast and it fits perfectly on your mic. So enjoy that little Pyramid of Giza, and if you'd like to go make maybe the Santa Maria or the Nina or the Pinza, do you make all three of good ship? Go ahead over there at the Wolkeness Rode Ryan showpage at buzz dot com.
Speaker 13: The Right Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety.
Speaker 2: Four The Buzz Thank You through Mistakes through to ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Papa Roach, Kill the Noise, thank you for starting your day off with us. What do we have left? Oh, highly suspect tickets. Yes, oh, we're gonna give you those highly suspect tickets on the show before we get out of here. But man, I mean, what a week of giveaways. We do have Imagine Dragons tickets every day. They're playing Friday night, so I imagine we got two days left, right, It's a short week, so Thursday and Friday we'll get you those sold out Imagine Dragons tickets. But yeah, no more light sorry, just yeah, I might just go back and watch we just run. We just replay the suburb of Summer Sis again. Just every day at a twenty we're gonna play read my Lips to Mow and that will be at a twenty.
Speaker 5: Back and it's regularly stential programming.
Speaker 2: That was Alfredo that suggested, can't you all make this happen the suburb Winter Freezer. I need the game, brother Ron, I need the game. Yeah, we got other things we gotta do in the winter Man. We got some Winter centric games, we got some Fall centric games. I just don't know when I'm allowed to say that we can play those games. I don't feel like I'm in charge of that anymore. This is interesting if you are living with your significant other. It pertains some people on this show. If you can make it safely between six pm and eight pm, you're good. Those are the key peak hours of arguing.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, most common time for couples.
Speaker 2: To argue between six pm and eight pm. A new survey two thousand adults couples living together.
Speaker 4: See my problem is sin second up so early. If I have something on my mind this early, I'll let it rip rip six am, five five, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a two hour window. I didn't have a two hour window when I wasn't arguing. At the end, there now couples that live together, they fight frequently. If you want to know, like people want to know, are you? Are we normal? It's like, wow, we're fighting all the time. Is this normal?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Biggest to answer forty one percent admitting that they argue with their partner at least five times a week. Yi, that sounds high or low?
Speaker 4: High? That sounds high?
Speaker 19: Again?
Speaker 2: How do you look at an argument?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking about, there's a full blown you're throwing crap around the house, that type of thing. I hope you don't do that, But there's disagreements. There's like Okay, I guess we're gonna do it this way. I don't know, like when when does it become classified as an argument? I imagine everyone's different.
Speaker 4: I think there's like healthy arguing. I think if it ever, if it comes to a level where you're screaming or like raising your voice like five times a week, I think that is wild. I think that's wild. Okay, I think you definitely should break up.
Speaker 3: I Alex, there's no way you guys are arguing five times a week.
Speaker 4: There's a baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, there's no way to get in disagreements.
Speaker 4: Healthy arguing, I mean that's probably a thing.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Chili just shut down. Chili just shut down his whole room. Don't even five times a week, like again an argument, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Know, you'd be surprised. Some of the arguments that we have are stupid.
Speaker 7: Like we are.
Speaker 2: They're all stupid.
Speaker 17: When are we having for dinners? Like the biggest argument? Okay, that's the biggest argument right there.
Speaker 2: Let me build on that one, chili yea. Because the one thing about these arguments that because people listed the like one of the biggest things that you argue about, okay, like eating that was the number four answer. The number four answer was.
Speaker 4: What to eat?
Speaker 7: What to eat?
Speaker 4: This to be a happy choice.
Speaker 2: Here's here's how it works.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me how does it work?
Speaker 2: Go tell me?
Speaker 3: Maybe, what do you want to eat?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't care anything? Okay, well, go ahead pick a place. And you know I'm easy, I'm being me. Now, go ahead, baby, just pick a place.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Okay, let's go get chinese.
Speaker 12: Nah.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then let's there's so many holes in that you don't need Chinese and you don't need out.
Speaker 3: Let's go get some wings.
Speaker 8: Nah.
Speaker 2: But but but you don't care, right I pick?
Speaker 4: I don't don't know exactly what I'm craving exactly what I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right. Top ten reasons why living couples argue. Again, all of these are very specific to living together. There's so many other things you could argue about, but these things seem to be like what's happening in the house. Number one, not keeping the house clean, arguing about cleanliness of the house and who's cleaning and who's not cleaning because if you're not, because think about it, I've we've talked about thermostatically, being compatible, therm impatibility. Right, if somebody wants really cold and the other person doesn't want it cold, you start to kind of get a little you know, all right.
Speaker 3: Not keeping the house clean was the number one answer.
Speaker 2: Household chores was number two, which kind of seems like it goes with number one. Money at three, what to eat for dinner chili number four, number five, leaving lights on other things that we're mentioned that we're up on the list. Constantly one person constantly being on their phone. I mean, there's nothing worse than somebody that has like a childlike addiction to their phone, like they're an adult. An adult with a childlike addiction to a phone, to me, is such a turn off. An adult with their face and their phone all the time.
Speaker 7: Emma always says that I'm an iPad adult, but like it's not because I'm always like they ignoying her for it. But I will always have like some sort of I have like three iPads. I'll have some game on on at all times. I was just like, Okay, we're watching this movie, we're doing this, but like, let me just have this on the side, like a Yankees are on the side. I want to just keep up with that consumer. I'm still taking part and everything else. But like if I want to check the score, I can check the score, right.
Speaker 2: This is a part of me. The number seven argument was what to watch on television? Can you imagine getting into a.
Speaker 7: Fight about what to watch on TV if you don't have a fallback, Like I don't know, we can't figure out.
Speaker 4: Just go to the office, the office again, watch the office until you can figure out what you really want to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chile, are you a light guy?
Speaker 3: Like keeping try like the warden of keeping lights on, lights off?
Speaker 1: Na, No, I've getting up, you see, like a lot of things.
Speaker 17: I've given up, Like she sleeps with a TV on, okay, you know, and I'm like I've always slept with a TV off.
Speaker 1: But excuse me. It's just gotten to a point to where I was like, dude.
Speaker 2: You do what you don't do what I do?
Speaker 3: Did you call your wife?
Speaker 2: Dude? Yeah, dude, one of.
Speaker 1: Those guys that use the baby sweetie.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, why not dude?
Speaker 7: Not me?
Speaker 3: Turn off your TV?
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like, hey, are you gonna turn that off?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go to the other room sleep.
Speaker 4: You know it's no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, I would say, hey, you, hey, you. No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm playing, but I know you're talking so big right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I mean, come on, I'm a man.
Speaker 2: I must have to dump him. I know what he wanted to say.
Speaker 3: I almost had to dump Chile.
Speaker 1: No, all right, you wouldn't be the first that dumps me.
Speaker 2: Take Away take away, try to do equal housework. Stay out of each other's faces from six until eight you'll be fine. Okay, that's the takeaway from don't even go near her between six and eight that's prime fight time. Okay, that is thunderdome. Okay, stay out of.
Speaker 3: That time zone.
Speaker 2: Just avoid them at all costs. What are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I have a care of tickets to see Highly Suspected by your Music Center.
Speaker 5: They're playing November eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, we'll have a question for you on the flip rock and alternative very used to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Larnin Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, the Bus Rob Ryan Show. All right, let's get right into it here.
Speaker 4: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time to know the show. Tickets to go see Highly Suspect at the bat You Music Center November eighth. Tickets are on sale now through ticket Master locations or just win them from us.
Speaker 3: What's your question going to be?
Speaker 4: So this is a call back to home room. Our first phone caller was really a joy to talk to.
Speaker 2: Oh, she ended up sending a picture.
Speaker 4: Too, right, yeah, and I tweeted out, but what was she doing up so early? Like she was on her way to do something?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then we started talking to her about that. I found it.
Speaker 2: It was an odd time for this.
Speaker 5: I that was great, It was great. It was it was crazy time, crazy time. But why was she up?
Speaker 4: Tell us and you can give the details on that, I'll give you the tickets to see highly sus Susie. Susie.
Speaker 2: Susie was the caller. Okay, lovely Susan seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 14: Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz all right, ninety four to five, The Buzz three doors down, Kryptonite, It's tight, Rob Ryan Show coming to an end on this Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 3: That did that did wind up being the number one link. I'm not fearful of that being AI at all.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I think now they're just telling me. I think one email a day will come in just to make sure that I'm looking at it. Rod, I think you got AI today. I don't think we got aied today on the Wildcard Wednesday, at least, I don't think we do. Did get rain? Got rain nine ten, eleven, twelve o'clock, one o'clock hour, your best chances of rain, He goes up to about a seventy percent chance of rain.
Speaker 3: In that win, so be careful if.
Speaker 2: You're out there on the roads. Let's go for you know, this show on ninety four five, The buzz La La.
Speaker 18: La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La.
Speaker 19: La La la la La.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 7: James?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 2: James? How are you?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, pretty good so far?
Speaker 3: Where are you at right now? Right now up in the Woodlands reigning?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet? Okay, I know it's coming.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, James, let's see if we can get you some tickets over here.
Speaker 2: Tessa, your question for James.
Speaker 4: James, who or not not?
Speaker 11: Who?
Speaker 4: Because we talked to Susie in homeroom and for the first phone call. But what was she doing?
Speaker 5: Why was she up so early?
Speaker 2: He was at a Facebook Woodlands singles group?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Charlotte, Yeah, yeah, there was a there was a Facebook group. There was a singles meet.
Speaker 4: Up like thirty five to sixty five or something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, and she was number one. She was great on her phone call today. She just had a lot of energy. She came across really really good. And when I thought it was interesting that she was meeting people so early in the morning. She said, that's what we do. We just kind of do fun things. She wasn't going to like hook up or anything like that. She was just she sounded like she was just in there to make some friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh yeah, Susie this morning, first phone call, James, you win. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets see highly suspected Bite Music Center.
Speaker 3: Congrats.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I've been one to see them for years.
Speaker 4: I have seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're great, dude, they are really really great live. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bro, I need you to hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening to the show today. Dude.
Speaker 3: Be careful, Yeah, be careful with the weather man. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're awesome. You're awesome. Did we do it to teams the bell?
Speaker 19: Alright?
Speaker 3: We gotta go fresh Ethan, cool Ethan? He beat fresh Thomas Dawn.
Speaker 2: There was fresh fish this this morning. I forgot it so long ago. So he's going to try to avoid the one pump chump. See if fresh Ethan can keep it going lots of I mean it doesn't look anything like that right now, but boy, there were some awesome Houston sunrise photographs and we checked it. I feel like a lot of people from listening out of state that were listening on the iHeart app this morning, thank you very much for that. For that, I always appreciate APP listening when you're out of the radio range. Wild Card Wednesday, not AI number one link today. Shell FCU, thank you, guys man Shell. I just got a really nice email from Charles too. He's so excited. Charles from League City is your year long champion in the Suburbs summer Sizzler. We could not do it without Shell Federal Credit Union Christian from Clearlake. Great job, I mean, everybody, thank you and CONGRATU to all the Suburbs that got through this year. Everyone's asking, are we playing again next year? I hope so, I hope so.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping Shelle FCU just kind of works that into their budget, all right.
Speaker 2: Read my Lips tomorrow at eight twenty who late game lock up to China. The boys are at it again. They are Chile takes on Alex tomorrow in the Read my Lip segment at a twenty. If you want to go early and send me words, I do check from the night before a lot of people send me words in the evening. That's great, that's great, man. Send me your word suggestions and let me start working ahead a little bit. Fix the gram Thursday and throw back Thursday tomorrow. Okay, a new episode of Past the Gravy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna have one today with recording oh about three, so it should be up about around like five or six.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's Wednesday.
Speaker 2: We were off on Monday.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's Thursday, and it's Gravy Day.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course it is later later, all right, So tomorrow there'll be a new Past the Gravy up. I'm looking forward to that. Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Golf tournament didn't mention it even once.
Speaker 2: We are sold out of players, but boy do I need sponsors and volunteers and auction items, sponsors. There's all sorts of sponsorship opportunities. You have a business out there and you'd like to hear somebody on The Rod Ryan Show talk about it on the radio. Yeah, we'll do that. We will do that. Okay. It's so much better because you're probably gonna sponsor something somewhere else. But it's not a radio tournament. You won't hear that name mentioned once. You'll just be hoping that people see your sign there on the whole. I'll talk about you on the radio if you sponsor, Okay, I'm allowed to. So Ron Ryan showed charity golf tournament. There are sponsorship opportunities. That's all laid out for you on links and guests. Test is on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Jeremy, Jeremy is it Jeremy? I haven't been sold. It's not.
Speaker 3: It was Reno yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so I had an extended Yeah. I think Jeremy had too many glizzies over the weekend so he couldn't make it in yesterday. So I'm sure he's got all those glizzies out of his system. NonStop noon or coming your way more twentieth anniversary party tickets, A chance to pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. That's all happening right now, all right, chilly hey dudecking tomorrow and reading my lips. I can't wait. Guys, we're on twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow, AMF. Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 14: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com